Speaker 1: And time for the Minnesota Goodbye. Let's start off with an email from my She says, morning, love y'all. Just a cue A few questions to keep this short, Jenny and Bailey, I was curious how many times you'll allow a guy to ghost you before you stop investing in pursuing that relationship. To lighten up the scenario, let's say he's always willing to meet you, but when it comes to the day of he always has an excuse that something came up. What would you allow, Jenny, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Guess since I'm going back into this phase of my life, none I would allow you. I don't have time for that shit. I'm sorry. Like you either like me or you don't. You either want to hang out with me or you don't. And I'm not playing a fucking game. I'm too old for that shit. So but had you ask twenty five year old Jenny, she'd probably give it a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Like, how many excuses can I make for this man?
Speaker 1: Well, let me create a scenario for you, Jenny. Let's say that you know you made this meet this guy and his named Steven, and you like him and whatever, you meet with a brewery and you say hey, once you come over and we'll go play pickleball on Saturday. And he's like, yeah, man, seven o'clock on Saturday morning, I'll meet you whatever. And then he calls you like seven, like the six forty five, He's like, I can't make it.
Speaker 4: Is that it? Are you done?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because six forty five you didn't know until fifteen minutes ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's let's let's change it to noon. Let's change it to noon. I calls you at ten and he says, I can't make it.
Speaker 2: There's a difference between ghosting and then like actually rescheduling things. I would maybe give you like a reschedule, like a one opportunity for rescheduling, but after that, no, but if you're ghosting me or not responding much to text, no, I'm out. I don't. I don't have time to waste my energy on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I agree, because if you get if I get ghosted once like I because I don't know. I feel like in my life I've definitely made excuses for men where I'll be like, well, maybe he was just busy, and then I'll just keep texting them. And now I'm just like yeah, no, I'm as I feel the same as Jenny. I am too old for that garbage and I will not stand for it. So the second you ain't texting me back, I'll be like, okay, bet, let's play chicken. How long will you go without texting me? Because I'm always the one to text you or whatever. And then if they just never text me, then I'm like, okay, well, bless and release goodbye.
Speaker 1: Well that's funny. It's funny even with friends. I think I've told you that I've like, you know, dropped a couple of friends because all of a sudden they didn't have time to text back, and it was like, okay, bye bye. This is She goes on to say a few things I love about the show, sound effects, theater, morning show, plays with the equipment, think fast, face off, and there's so many more.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Here is something I miss when you guys would do Facebook live for about twenty or thirty minutes during COVID and Dave and Susan would go on walks or Dave did magic or Jenny would bake something. Remember those because we didn't really have a chance to get out and do anything. Yep, so we did Facebook lives a couple of times a week.
Speaker 4: Remember that show.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean we all took a day because I think it was me you Stephen Fallon at the time, and I think Tina did like one or two with me too. But yeah, we each took like a night of the week and did Facebook lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that was kind of fun. I thought about doing them again, but I just haven't.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess that maybe we could do them again, like sitting around the house at nights, like, oh, maybe I could get out some magic tricks or the ukulele.
Speaker 3: I support you in all of those endeavors. I am a busy woman. So unless you're coming with me to see something or a show or.
Speaker 1: Somethinghood Bailey, I really don't. I mean, I your life would be exhausting to me.
Speaker 3: Where are we gonna switch lives at some point, just for like funzies for.
Speaker 2: Like a day. I can do go crazy, Bailey. Yeah, I would yeah be bored. Yeah, yeah, I'd probably be bored. I'd be like I watched eight hours of television last night, eight hours of reels of reel, and then I looked at a bird outside.
Speaker 1: All right, Then she goes on to say, bring back day in the rifles are so much fun to watch. I catch myself laughing out loud belly laughing at Bailey's spot on sound effects, for example, barking like a dog, falling down the stairs, or the chainsaw. I need a whole segment of just the obnoxiously correct sounds. He he he, love you all.
Speaker 4: Have a great day.
Speaker 1: Well, it's kind of like talking about some delicious recipe and then not having a sample of it.
Speaker 2: So where you go ahead and do well?
Speaker 1: My favorite, your best one ever is falling down the stairs.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna even be tripping at the beginning.
Speaker 2: Here okay, here it goes.
Speaker 4: A long ass staircase.
Speaker 2: There was a landing in the middle.
Speaker 4: Okay. Dog barking.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize I was good at dog barking, but I think that was me. I think you might be confusing to Dave is the one where we give him a breed and he knows give me a hound boo exactly, so good, will give me a golden retriever. One more.
Speaker 4: Husky is the I don't know husky.
Speaker 2: It's like they sound like an ambulance half the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my dad would rile up the huskies anytime, like he had to come and pick up me and my sister, and he would just go whoo and then leave, so it'd be like all right, by Ronda, and then the count the dogs would just be howling, as are we walk.
Speaker 4: Out of the house, rile up the husky. Yeah, that's a name for the there's a name for the podcasts.
Speaker 1: And then finally a chainsaw Bailey, chainsaw please, that's.
Speaker 3: When it's going through a tree.
Speaker 1: I love the starting of it. That was very authentic. Oh okay, I'm going to delete that one. And here comes one from Jennifer. She says, guys, I just realize now that the song at the for the iHeart app goes bump bump, bump bump, which is a heartbeat.
Speaker 4: L O L.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that until today. I heart radio bum. Yeah it's a heartbeat.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought that was I mean, I knew that, but you know, you.
Speaker 4: Thought it was universal knowledge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did think it was universal knowledge.
Speaker 3: But I'm glad that you learned it. Congrats.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's see.
Speaker 1: I don't stop me if you've heard this one, because it looks that the name is familiar, but I don't think we've read this one. Okay, here we go. Since you guys been talking about recurring dreams, I'd like to share mine. I recently have had a series of dreams. I'm at my job, a place I'm familiar with, doing everything I normally do, but everything is arranged and look rearranged and looking totally different. If that's not odd enough, every person I've ever dated is there, and they're completely ignoring me, or seeing right through me, or berating me in some way, and it's always gibberish. I don't know what any of this means, but it's invading my mind almost every night, and while they're not nightmares, they're always leaving me with the feeling of anxiety, like I'm actually going to go to work and witness that in real life. You absolutely should have a dream expert on the show to help dissect everyone's dreams, especially Dave with the shit dreams l L. I'd love to figure out what that means. Hope you're having a great day. It would be too much to ask for a staff writer sticker, not at all, but Marie right back and give me your address, because a lot of people want a staff writer sticker, But I will need your address, but I will be happy to send you one. The thing about dream interpreters, I find them to be a little bit of hooey. And what I mean by that is we'll have somebody on. Okay, here's Joyce. She's a dream interpreter, and everything you come up with, she's got an answer. And there's no way that Joyce would have every dream interpreted, you know what I mean. And I think some of the best things are just to kind of look them up online, but maybe we should have a dream interpret around to do some of the basic dreams.
Speaker 2: I think they're just like common themes a lot of times.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean like like falling or running, or you're trying to run and you can't run, or you're in public in your in your underwear, you're naked in your in public, that type of thing.
Speaker 3: I do know that when you dream about a house, a house is your brain. I know that much in terms of like dream interpretation, and so like rooms in your brain are like different thoughts or feelings that you have, and so I know.
Speaker 2: That for sure.
Speaker 3: There I actually know like a decent amount of dream interpretation because I do listen to like a dream interpretation like little podcast kind of thingy, and it is fascinating because like the the you dreaming about poop all the time, Dave. I heard someone talking about it on a dream interpretation thing where they said that it means that in your waking life that you were unsure of what to say, or that you misused your words and you didn't say what you meant to say, and that's why you're dreaming about poop because the wrong thing is coming out.
Speaker 1: And that could be And then somebody else said it's because there's something that you're not moving on from, you're not letting go, And that really hit home because I, you know, I have trouble of letting go of like well this person ghosted me or I'm still mad at this person or whatever. So and that's the thing about dream interpretation. It's an interpretation, but it's not like a correct answer necessarily. But I think that some of them can be fun. So yeah, we'll see if we can find a good dread dream interpreter. Another email from Ashley, she says, I was just listening to the podcast of this morning show, not the Minnesota Goodbye, the Regular Show, and I just had to say that the dingo ate my baby. Woman did not make her baby disappear. She was completely exonerated after several years when her baby's clothes were found by a hiker in a ding go's den. Now, if you don't know what I'm talking about, this is a real story that people have turned into a funny catchphrase that people don't do anymore because it's thirty or fifty years old. There was an outback Australia couple whatever, and they were out camping and hiking and the baby disappeared, like an infant baby disappeared, and people were like, what are you doing about camping with an infant baby? And the baby disappeared. She's like she told the first responders a dang guylate my baby, and they're like, Ye're full of So they investigated and they found her I think guilty. And then I didn't know that she was exonerated. But there is your story. There are several good podcasts about it. Dave, You're usually right, but mensa did you wrong this time? Mensa doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm incredibly brilliant.
Speaker 2: And also means you're annoying as hell?
Speaker 4: Am I annoying as hell? Well?
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's to do to mensa. That might just be inane an eight.
Speaker 1: Now, if I bragged about it all the time, didn't that be annoying? I only bring it up, probably one every thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: Once every thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not bad.
Speaker 4: A next one again.
Speaker 1: I don't think we've read this one, but if we have, stopped me because this is a couple of days old, Dave. You go to Coloradorado a lot, and I've rarely seen anybody go with you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we read this one.
Speaker 4: We did? Okay, good.
Speaker 1: See, this is why I got to remember to delete these emails after I read them, and then I think that may be it. Oh no, here's a very sweet one. I love this one. I'm gonna save this. I'm glad I saved it for last. It's from Becky and the subject line is touring our old house. I was listening to the podcast. You guys were talking about how much you wish you could see your old homes to see what has changed. And the people who sold Jenny her house reached out to her. Did they do that, Jenny?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no. They they had a package delivered to the house on accident because someone made a drunken order and didn't change the address. I see, yeah, So I like said, if I would have been home for them to come pick up the package, I probably would have offered for them to see the house that they wanted to but it didn't work out that way.
Speaker 4: I see, Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 1: That same day, my family found out our first home was on the market and had an open house.
Speaker 4: That night.
Speaker 1: We said, oh my gosh, let's go. We lived in the house until I was ten years old, and we moved in twenty two thousand and five, so I had a decent amount of childhood memories, but actually going back into that house brought back a huge flood of memories I'd forgotten about. It's crazy how big it seemed when I was young, and how small every room actually was a lot of change, and they redid a lot, but some parts were exactly the same, including the carpeted wallpaper in the basement that our cats used to climb and the original fireplace in the basement that one of us cracked our heads open on. The wallpaper in the laundry room was still the same crazy nineties floral print that I remember from when I was little and I basically cried when I saw it because it was unlocking a part of my brain. And they put a photo in of them on their old three season porch where they used to have slumber parties every summer in sleeping bags. Moral of the story, if you live near an old home and ever see it for sale with an open house, go, that would be kind of like a lot of things aligning for that to happen. Yeah, you know if you live near your old home. Okay, well that's not necessarily likely or unlikely, but then you having an open house and then you noticing it, But that would be cool to go back to your old home. I'm so grateful for the experience and also such weird timing that you guys talked about wanting that opportunity that day. I right now am in the house that I grew up in. I don't remember living in any other house because I moved into this house my dad was building it. We lived with the neighbor, and we moved in when I was about two months old. And this house is so full of old, old childhood memories, but also newer memories like just being here with the grandkids for Thanksgiving or being here with different people or whatever, our friends over the years. And yeah, it still holds a lot of memories, but you know, I want.
Speaker 4: To make new ones in here too.
Speaker 1: Oh ah, all right, and that is the Minnesota Goodbye. That was a fun one. Thank you very much for all your emails. They are the heart and soul of the Minnesota Goodbye. Send away whatever's on your mind. We would love to talk about it, even if it's an oddball things like you know what, I'm going to bring up an oddball topic. I love it. Send those to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com and thank you for being here for the Minnesota Goodbye.