Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm doctor Maria Mayer, anthropologists, primatologist, wildlife correspondent and part of the team on Expedition Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: I've spent my entire life.
Speaker 2: Exploring the planet's wildest, most remote places in search of the extraordinary, and now I'm inviting you to join me. Introducing the Explorer Society, a global community of curious minds, truth seekers, and adventures where we dive into the unknown, from elusive creatures like Bigfoot, to the frontiers of science, nature and unexplained phenomena. Live q and as and roundtable discussions, especial guest interviews including the Expedition Bigfoot team, Dave Schrader, Cliff Berrickman plus Josh Gates, Jack Osborne and many more. On demand streaming content, invites to exclusive events and conferences around the world, Explore Society swag, and even the chance to join us on a real life expedition. Come explore with me. Let's discover what's out there. Join Explorer Society at Mariameyer dot com.
Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of Bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with The Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and cryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Old Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for? Visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 4: Now I want one to you reporting. I got a screen going on here. Something just kid with my dog. Something to kill your dog? My dog? What're flying through here? Over the tree? I don't know how it did it? Okay, damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. The name was dead once you hit the ground. I didn't be seen any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Are you reporting we got some wonder or something prowling around out here?
Speaker 5: I'm out here.
Speaker 4: Welcome new to window now, and I don't need anything. I don't want to go outside. Hello, hit the fundy out here on out there? Thought off a bit about second nine. I don't know. Easy ann ount there. Yeah, I'm walking right all right.
Speaker 1: Folks want to welcome our guest to the show. It is writer and director of the new film Feat of Death, James Chick. Welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me on. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad you reached out. I'm glad we're doing this. I watched your film this morning. We're definitely going to get into that. But I want to start where I start with everybody that's on the show, What in the world got you interested in the subject of Bigfoot?
Speaker 3: To begin with? Great question born and raised Pacific Northwest, so I am in big Boot territory everywhere, from coffee shops and mechanical shops bumper stickers. Literally, you can't go five minutes without seeing Bigfoot somewhere. In twenty twenty, when all the craziness happened, I moved out here to southern Washington, near Mount Saint Helms actually where the film takes place, and I got five acres out here in the country, so I was really just embedded in it. And I was trying to come up with the concept for a film that I knew I could do as my first directorial debut. I'd worked on a ton of indie films and it had been in the industry for twenty years, but I had never directed something myself. So when I was trying to think of something that I would want to see and that I knew I could pull off, Bigfoot just came to mind. Because I love monster movies growing up. Obviously, Jaws impacted me more than any because it was such a crazy monster movie. Tremer's the thing newer. I like, oh my gosh, now I'm blanking on it. My goodness, A quiet place, sorry, I love a quiet place. That's some great monster movies. I'm definitely into the monster genre of films. So when I was trying to think of something that I wanted to watch that I wanted to make, Bigfoot just made sense.
Speaker 1: Let's talk a little bit about the genesis for the film and your ideas going into it. I know that creative process is different for everybody. I've written two books on the subject. The first book was a very scientific approach to the research and the history of the subject of Bigfoot in general. But I wanted to do something else. Honestly, I'm not a big fiction fan. I'm a horror fan. I love horror films, but when it comes to Bigfoot, I'm more of a documentary style guy. I like that kind of look into the Bigfoot world. I wanted to write a story. I had this story rattling around in my brain forever, having a baby Sasquatch born into the world that the readers could follow throughout its life and have a series of books. So I just did that first book, and it was dipping my toe into something frankly I'm not really into, which is weird. When I went into the book, I had never written any fiction before, so I just went into it headlong, and I literally wrote the book in about a month and a half or two months. It just poured out of me because the story had been rattling around forever. Was it similar for you When you got into this, you had an idea of what you wanted the movie to look like. Talk a little bit about that process and getting into that and doing your directoral debut into Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: First of all, that's amazing that you wrote a book in a couple months. That's phenomenal. But as far as my process goes, I was trying to It was obviously going to be low budget because it was a crowdfunded, self funded kind of project. So I was trying to think of what we had access to. So I knew I obviously had the woods. I live out here, I have five acres. I knew I had access to some cool cabins and to some amazing nature with waterfalls and the exteriors of Mount Saint Helens. So I was really writing into what I had and that was a big inspiration of it. And so really it was first just brainstorming ideas. I had done a lot of youtubing in the past. I did some travel channels, where I traveled across the country, So social media influencer popped into my mind, which is why the beginning of the film's a split perspective where we're cutting back and forth between law enforcement and the social media influencer. I was trying to tap into things that I had experienced with and things that I knew you and, like you said, that really helps it flow out of you. You're not trying to research every little thing because you have experience with it. You know what you're doing, You're writing what you know. So that really helped with coming out with, Okay, what would this guy do. He's obviously researching these things, but he's there for the views. He's trying to get out there. But I didn't want it to be a found footage movie. I didn't want it to be there are so many found footage movies Bigfoot, so I wanted to do something more cinematic. So then I came up with the idea of kind of cross cutting and then by the second actor takeover with the cinematic mode and follow the law enforcement kind of researching these murders and these deaths. So that was really the inspiration of it, and how I came up with it is just writing something that I wanted to watch and something that I had access to, but something different, because even though found footage is easy to do, that's why there's so many of them. I just didn't want to be another Blair Witch slash Bigfoot movie.
Speaker 1: It was interesting to me. It was a cop so it was cool to see that aspect of it. To see the US four Service involved in it working alongside law enforcement was a cool part of the movie for me to see. Let's talk a little bit about some of the things that are in the movie, and I don't want to give away anything. I don't want to have any spoilers here, but there is a hint of missing persons and these cases of strange attacks and things that are going on in that area. That is something that runs true throughout the Bigfoot community, if you will. David Polaidis has made a business out of writing these missing four to one one books and talking about these strange missing person cases. How did you get into that part of it. Did you do a lot of research on your own? Was that something that you just had in your brain, or did you talk to some researchers in the area that were into Bigfoot. How did you get to that point and ultimately decide to take the movie in that direction.
Speaker 3: I did my research, I by no means how the depth of knowledge of you or probably a lot of your viewers as far as Big Book goes. But I did do my research of looking into things, joined a bunch of Facebook groups to try and figure out what the people in the Big Book can knew you were doing, because I, by no means was a fanatic or I had been following since I was a kid, So I really did try and get in there and figure out what the community was all about. Then the missing persons in general, there are so many missing persons from national forest lands and things like that that it would just seem once I got that backed, it seems like a great tie in. And then obviously things are exaggerated for the story in such a small area as far as the disappearances go and whatnot. It was really pulling from reality as far as how many people go missing in the world.
Speaker 6: That is.
Speaker 3: Heck, what was it just a few months ago some people from Portland, which is just south of me, We're out searching for Bigfoot and they unfortunately passed away because they weren't prepared. Stuff like that happens all the time, only they're not found. So it really was led by reality is where I came up with that.
Speaker 1: And there's a big thing in the community as far as the people who believe that there's some sort of a government cover up. They believe the US four Surface is involved in this cover up, and I've talked about it so many times on this show and some of the other shows that I host. My co host and I Wayne over on that Bigfoot podcast have talked about it in the past. I've never been one who subscribes to this massive government cover up because I've told people I was a government employee for a lot of years, and you would be surprised what we didn't know. Or for a huge metropolitan police department with the city of Atlanta and everybody looks at them as in they are one of the premier police departments across the country. In my opinion, sometimes you'd just be surprised what they don't know. You expect everybody the government, expects the government to be involved in everything, and I just don't think that is the case. And I certainly didn't get that in the movie. But there was a couple of points. I thought, Man, this cop and this US fours service guy are going to get together and there's going to be this cover up. Did you ever think about possibly going down that route and making it more.
Speaker 3: About the cover up?
Speaker 1: Was there ever any of that rattled around in your brain to maybe become a part of the movie.
Speaker 3: As far as conspiracy coverups, know, that never really went into my head because, like you said, I don't feel like that. I know a large portion population don't believe in Bigfoot, and then you have your big Foot fantics that do. I was trying to base it as much in reality as possible, which may sound laughable to people that don't believe in Bigfoot, but the people that do, it's like they have their hardcore beliefs of what they believe to be true, and so I was trying to they grounded. So I didn't feel like that was feasible in our universe, and so I really wanted to go with I don't know if you got this, but like one of the people is more into believing of the possibility that Bigfoot exists versus the other, so it's not a secret. In the movie, the Sheriff and the Force ranger are butting heads a force rangers almost laughing at the sheriff because he's open to the idea that heck, maybe Bigfoot is responsible for these string of murders and he's open to researching that. And so that was the direction I went of. That's where the tension the drama comes from, is one that believes and one that doesn't, because again, in reality, there's a lot of tension gim believers and non believers, not so much conspiracy, but more of just belief in the possibility of Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I definitely don't want to give anything away. I'll just refer to I enjoyed the Henry twist.
Speaker 3: Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed the Henry twist that you guys will see when you watch the movie. The other thing that stuck out to me that I thought was very interesting, and I wanted to have this conversation with you about maybe the research that you've done into this, because this is something we've done entire roundtables on this show and had tons of people in the bigfoot community talking about even to the point of there's a Bigfoot mapping project. This guy's created an app and he looks at all of the fresh reports that come in. He has looked into the possibility of Bigfoot using caves, and I thought that was really cool that you incorporated a cave element to this movie. I think most of the people in the community will probably appreciate that. Obviously, caves are really creepy. They're creepy as hell, so they make the good creep factor in any movie where you're trying to have a little bit of a creep factor. That's awesome. But it does tie into the possibility that these creatures use caves. Some of us believe that obviously there's some really harsh environments that these creatures are alleged to live in. You get up North Pacific Northwest, you get up into Minnesota and Canada and Alaska and these really cold temperatures. It would be almost impossible for a large primate to live in those environments without having some sort of shelter. So the cave element was cool. How did that come about for you putting this movie together, writing it and directing it. Was the cave just something that you wanted to use for the creep factor, or was it somehow loosely tied into some of the beliefs that these creatures might actually use caves.
Speaker 3: It was definitely the creep factor is a big thing, but also just in my research in thinking about personally where could these creatures exist, especially in our area in the Pacific Northwest near the Helen's area where it was or Slash is an active volcano. So it was a combination of researching into beliefs and things of where these creatures could be, also what was in our area and we had access to, and the creep factor. So there literally are these massive lava tubes here in the sip Northwest. Eight Caves is this massive national park that you can go through of miles of underground tunnel. We actually did film part of the film there and it's just this really cool environment. So when I started writing it, I remembered hiking that years ago, and so I was definitely writing that into it. But then we found this other cave which is where the final scene takes place, which is closer towards Mount Adams, a little further east, and it's this amazing cave that's not that wide shot of the cave is not a VFX shot, that's a real cave that we were in that we got all these torches and stuff in it, and that was one of my favorite scenes because it was such a cool location. All the breadth on the people's mouths is all razing down there. So that was a really crazy and tough day, but it made for such a cool cinematic environment and it fit to the story. So that was the part of that. It wasn't just cool looking, but it helped the story a lot. I didn't want to just do anything that was fun or cool or pretty. It had to make sense and fit into the story, and I think it tied in perfectly.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages. Here's the thing for me, and I wanted to get this directly from you. Did you have any concerns going into the movie? Because people love their bigfoot, right. I consider myself a somewhat of a purist. Like I said, I liked the documentary style films. I like people doing boots on the ground research and actually looking into these creatures because I've had experiences of my own and I have seen them, so I know they're real. I know they exist. It took me a long time to get to that point. And there are a lot of people that may see this film. I don't know what the word, I don't know the way I'm trying to word this, they might see it as a demonization of Bigfoot. Let's talk a little bit of that for you, as the filmmaker, you wrote this, you directed it. How did you want ultimately the audience to come away what perception? I guess is the better way to put it. I'll edit this so I don't sound like a fucking idiot when I hit this out. Don't worry. I guess what I'm trying to say is, did you have a concern about how Bigfoot would be perceived in this movie by those who watch it? And what do you want them to take away from it ultimately as far as the story goes.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent? And that was one of the things that I came across early on when I started joining those Facebook groups and whatnot, when I was in the writing stages and the researching pages. Is one how divisive thing it is, But then two, like how people hated or a large portion of the people hated the fact that Bigfoot was portrayed as so evil in a lot of the films, and just like a bloodthirsty maniac that was going out there without trying to give too much away, which granted there's going to be a certain amount of it, I tried to handle that in a certain way that it would be something different that you wouldn't expect, while also still feeding that pore expectation. The people that are go into watching a Bigfoot movie are expecting there to be deaths and attacks and that kind of thing and gore, and so I wanted a certain amount of that, but also, like I don't you did watch the time, I believe there's not a massive amount of gore. It's not a slasher like. It's more of like a mystery thriller, trying to figure out what's going on and who causes ess and then it's really not till that third act that you get more of that monster movie payoff or whatever. But so yet I was hyper aware of how Bigfoot in general would be accepted by the audience of both believers and non believers, and so I was trying to do for those who finish the whole movie and don't just watch the first part, hopefully they are satisfied with my portrayal of the creature and that he's not just a total bloodthirsty animal. Is it was my goal? Now? Is he still an animal? Yes? Is he still a massive that could rip you apart? Of course he could. So are bears, So are gorillas. They could destroy you they're so massively muscular. So I wanted to strike that balance. I guess.
Speaker 1: The last thing here is a synopsis, if you will, do you want to give us a rundown of what people can expect when they check this out. Where is the best place for them to find and watch the film? Obviously anything else you want to tell us about the film or anything else you have coming up before we get out of here, for sure.
Speaker 3: So Beat of Death is a mystery thriller about a paranormal investigator and law enforcement researching this string of unexplained deaths near the foothills of Mount Saint Helen's and eventually these paths cross of this paranormal influencer and the forest ranger and sheriff officer until their pass cross and all hell breaks loose and you're trying to figure out are these deaths caused by a person, by Bigfoot, by an animal? You're not really sure what is happening here, and like I said, it's really of a who Done it? And a thriller for those first you act and then that's third act is where you get into your monster movie payoff, where you really are getting that bigfoot movie that people know and love. So I wanted to do something different. I wanted to do something unique, and I think we pulled that off, especially for being such a low budget film. So I hope your viewers will go and check it out and give me honest reviews about what they thought. You can watch it almost anywhere. It's on Amazon if you want to rent it or buy it and not watch it with ads. You want to watch it for free, you can see it on two B on YouTube now on our distributor's website, just search Feet of Death. You can see it on Google Movies Awesome, so many places. If you just search Feet of Death you will find all the places to watch it. If you want to see some making up, behind the scenes things, we have a fifteen part series on our YouTube channel, Chickclik Films, going through the whole documentary process of making the movie. So just search Making of Feet of Death. Chicklook Films is our production company you can check that out. We're on Facebook, chickbook Films on Facebook, or my personal Instagram, James A check on Instagram all over the place. You guys can find it there. I am working on my next project. It's not a big Foot movie, but it is a sci fi adventure. So if you're into that kind of thing, follow along with my socials. I'll be posting that as there's updates for that one.
Speaker 1: Awesome James, I will link to all that stuff in the show notes so you guys can click it. It'll be easy for you right there. Go check out Beat of Death. James. Thanks for stopping by and talking about it. Man, I've had a blast talking to.
Speaker 3: You unfortunately, thanks for having me on. I appreciate it allR folks on Walk of My guest to the show.
Speaker 1: It is Zach from Pennsylvania.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the show, man, I'm glad to be on.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to have you. So let's get right into it. Before we get into your experience, let's talk a little bit about what guy you interested in the world of Bigfoot encryptids.
Speaker 7: To begin with, I want to say it was just an inherited because my dad, he was always into it, and he'd always give me whatever would go on trucks. He'd also be interested in, like ghostbooks. He'd always give me like ghost books. Went a little bit further because he was always interested in ghost stories. But after a while, I've discovered what like cryptids were, and I got really into that. You ever watch that show lost tape? I have it, but I've heard of It's where they reenact encounters, not actual encounters, but they like rode up encounters, and that kind of really got me interested in into it.
Speaker 1: I know you're here to talk about an experience, so why don't you just take us back to where you were, what you were doing, and tell us what happened to you.
Speaker 7: Man. This was back in the summer of two thousand and eight. I believe it was July. My parents usually leave me alone during that time because they go to the little country music festival up but I believe it was Ohio, West Virginia. It was called Jambery in the Hills. I was just thirteen year old, just being a thirteen year old. My cousin, who was also my best friend in the world, he was over. We were just chilling out on the porch. I was playing a mega man on my three DS, and then my cousin. He scared the crap out of me because he was that a bear. And I was kind of excited at first because I've never seen a bear outside of the Animal TV show. So I looked down the road. At first, I thought this thing was a bear because it was this massive black thing just tounched sol over on fours. I tell you what, my flood froze right then and there because that thing stood up. And I want to say, this thing was about as tall as the trees, so it was about about eight nine feet. It wasn't quite human, but it was quite dog. I still cannot describe what this thing was. Me and him both just stood right up. We thought this thing was just gonna leave, but it just kept staring at us. And the next thing we know, this smaller one. I'll say it was about seven feet. It was more like the first one. It was just super buff. This other one come along. It was more slender, It was like seven feet tall. It was just brown. For this one really scared us because it was holding half of a deer. This thing had nearly gnawed it to the skeleton. It was just blood all over the front of it. We keep inching back towards the door. Next thing, I know, the first one, it just lets out this horrendous just human canine sound and owl, and then they just both take off in either direction. So we run back inside, and honestly, we thought the house was going to get flanked or whatever because there was nothing really stopping them because our living room at the time it just had this big string doors, so they could come right through that. I just I still thinking about that to this day. And later that night we was trying to close over curtain we could without being seen in front of the window.
Speaker 1: I can definitely imagine. Let's set the scene a little bit for the area where this has taking place. You guys are sitting on the front porch, are we talking about? You guys are out in the middle of nowhere? Were there are other houses around? That set the scene for where these things were. You said they were on a road.
Speaker 3: Was it a paved road?
Speaker 7: It was a completely dirt road. This happened to the little town it was called a Windbridge, PA. But as I can best describe this scene, it was entirely forested, so there was like a little bit of a town right here, and they do it on this dirt road, So there was our house was completely surrounded by woods. It was high up on this hill. The only thing between us and the road that they were on was just this big slope hill.
Speaker 1: How far away were these things from where you guys were on the porch to where you guys saw them in the middle of this dirt road.
Speaker 7: I want to say at least I'll say at least thirty feet thirty forty so pretty close.
Speaker 1: So you got a good look at these things. Was it during the daytime? Was it daylight outside so you guys could see them pretty well?
Speaker 7: It was just starting to it was just starting to set, gotcha.
Speaker 1: Can you give us a little bit more detail as far as what you saw face, the legs, the arms, the hands, the whole nine yards, as far as you can remember what you saw that day.
Speaker 7: I want to say the legs and arms looked more canine. I remember, just big paws with just these horendous looking sharp claws, just like real muscular hind legs. They didn't have much tails though, as you would expect on a dog. And the face it's hard to describe it. It's more canine, like I recall the male one. He had blue eyes just like these, real piercing blue eyes, and the female she had real dark brown eyes.
Speaker 1: You said male and female. How could you tell the difference between the two? Could you say genitalia where their breast involved? Talk a little bit about the difference in the male and the female.
Speaker 7: The male one, he was built more stocky. I did not see any genitalia, but I just could tell the first one was just a male by just looking at him. The brown one, I don't know. She just gave off that vibe because she had a little bit of a chest, but not like much.
Speaker 1: I want to talk a little bit about the howl that you heard. I asked this of people who've heard vocalizations and seen things like Bigfoot and or dog Man up close.
Speaker 3: It's a two part question.
Speaker 1: I guess as far as the howl is concerned, you said it was canine like. But have you heard anything since then? Have you done any research online and heard anything that sounded similar to what you heard that day? And same thing for the look of these things, have you seen anything online or in your research that you've seen that is similar to the way these things looked.
Speaker 7: I've seen a little bit, but a lot more of the ones I've come across, they kind of look the same. But as for the how, it was kind of like, I don't know how to described it. It was like a human It was almost a human like one. Did you get what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Was this something that after this happened you and your cousin, these things run off? What do you guys talk about? What's the conversation like between you two on the porch and then later that evening? And I guess the second part of that question is once everybody returned back home and there were adults involved, did you guys tell those folks in your family or how long did it take you to tell other people besides you and your cousin sharing that experience that a guy's had.
Speaker 7: Oh that night, so my dad, he's a big gun fanatic. We sat on in the living room couch right next to the gun cabinet that night because we didn't know what we were going to do. We just knew that there was guns there, and it took us years before we actually finally told another of our cousins. I don't know if you've rightly believed this or you just like all right.
Speaker 1: After you've had this experience with your cousin, maybe even back then, and certainly now that you've done a little bit more research, do you think what you got experienced was a dog man? Is that kind of what I'm getting from what you feel about that experience, or maybe I'm putting words in your mouth, but I guess the question is what do you think you experienced that night? Do you think these things were some sort of a dog man? And do you think they were a flesh and blood creature or possibly something else that you experienced that evening.
Speaker 7: I did a little bit more research for a while after this. I eventually came across the dog man term. So I was listening to like vocalizations online people reported and I want to say I one hundred saw that. I don't want to say it was something else. I would say it was a pure question blood thing.
Speaker 1: Because I've only talked to a couple of other people in the show. I've heard other stories, but physically me actually talking to somebody, it's only been a couple of times when people have said they've had some sort of experience with a dog man. So I'm very interested in the interactions, what they look like what they sounded like and what you think they are, because I can't as a researcher and as a person who's into Bigfoot and other cryptos, I can't wrap my brain around dog man existing because it just physically doesn't make sense that something would be seven eight nine feet tall and be similar to a human and a dog hybrid.
Speaker 3: Kind of thing.
Speaker 1: We're literally talking about, like the American werewolf in London from the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 7: When I first saw this thing, I one percent thought it was a werewolf in broad days. I was like, what is going on? Because, like I said, I've been in a cryptis for a long time. I was a little bit excited at first, and then I was like thank in. I was like, oh crap, there's one right here in front of Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's really strange to me. There's a new werewolf movie that has been advertised a couple of times that it's coming out here in the next month or so. I can't wait to see it because I'm very interested in those things, but I just can't wrap my brain around it being just a physical creature. Of course, I've never seen one, so I don't have a dog in the fight. I can't really speak intelligently about it. It's just my opinion that if these things are what you think you saw, it would have to be something more paranormal or supernatural or possibly even inter dimensional. Are you open to that?
Speaker 7: I'm completely open to other factors here.
Speaker 1: After this experience happened, that you're clearly not thirteen anymore. You're an adult.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Have you had other experiences with what you believe to be cryptids or is that the only thing? And did it drive you to want to know more about these things and doing research? You going down the rabbit hole or did you just say, Okay, I had my experience when I was thirteen, and I'm done with these things.
Speaker 7: I have actually been going down the rabbit hole a little bit. I've been talking to others. I've posted this online, but I've talked to others who've had their experiences, and I want to say I was kind of like, not just like dog Man. I've heard people like talk about other cryptis they've encountered with, and I was kind of like lucky that they just ran off, because some of these other stories they've just been crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard some really wild stories about dog Man being very aggressive way more so than the ratio I think of non aggressive Sasquatch encounters versus the aggressive types dog Man. In most cases that I've experienced that hearing people tell their stories, they don't seem to be very nice. There's something on the fairies. There's something evil surrounding this.
Speaker 7: That's the vibe I've picked up too, that a lot of them like the fairius to like to tour around with people that see.
Speaker 1: Them and stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages. It's a very cool experience, man, It's one that not very many people have. For sure. I certainly appreciate you coming on and sharing it with me today. I've had a blast talking to you. There's been a blast talking to you too. All Right, folks, want to welcome our guest to the show. It is Kyle from North Carolina. Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 6: Thank you Brian for having me. Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I've been looking forward to this, man, So let's get right into it. Let's start with what got you interested in Bigfoot to begin with?
Speaker 8: Okay, so originally I'm a big believer in the paranorm and I watched those like Ghost Adventures ghost Hunters. I guess it really started.
Speaker 6: Getting me into.
Speaker 8: Cryptic creatures was I kept hearing things about Big Floyd. I really didn't believe it at the time because I didn't believe in creatures like that. I didn't really believe in cryptic creatures. One of my friends told me that he hadn't encounter with a cryptic creature like a Bigfoot.
Speaker 6: That's when I started thinking maybe these creatures actually exist. A few years ago, I watched the show.
Speaker 8: On Discovery Plus called Mountain Monsters, which is this group of guys who went out looking.
Speaker 6: For these types of creature like Bigfoot. That's what kind of started getting me into that.
Speaker 1: I know, you're here to share an experience. I had your sister on a couple of weeks back. She had an experience right here in Lenore, in my hometown in North Carolina.
Speaker 3: So why don't you.
Speaker 1: Just take us all back to where you were, what you were doing, and tell us what happened to you.
Speaker 8: Okay, So this happened when I first moved to North Carolina. I graduated in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 6: I moved to North.
Speaker 8: Carolina shortly afterwards with my mom because I was going to technical school my mom, which you.
Speaker 6: Got a job transfer over here.
Speaker 8: So the opponent complace people that had a woodline that was behind us.
Speaker 6: It was a woodline.
Speaker 8: Start decided one day on a weekend, I would do nothing inside, just go take a stroll on the woods, like anybody else would.
Speaker 6: I'm going through the woods.
Speaker 8: I hear squirrels running up trees and the normal thing. Then they started hearing this knocking noise. I don't like it was like a loud knock, but it was almost.
Speaker 6: Like to find way you can know what a knocking noise was. I'm not thinking of that. Maybe someone just whacking something with a tree or throwing a rock or whatever.
Speaker 8: I didn't know that's how Bigfoot's communicated at the time.
Speaker 6: That's they usually get trees or they clank rock. I didn't know. I'm still walking.
Speaker 8: First I hear a knock, and then of thirty minutes and nothing, and then of the knock, and then thirty minutes again in.
Speaker 6: The knock, I stopped and decide.
Speaker 8: You just listened to it, and it sounds like it's getting close to because it's coming from behind me.
Speaker 6: So I'm starting to get nervous. Because I'm like, what can be behind me? I don't know what's behind me.
Speaker 8: I don't like things go up and behind me.
Speaker 6: It's just I don't like it. So I turn around.
Speaker 8: I'm looking at I don't see anything. I'm like, what could be causing this knocking noise? So I decided to start walking backwards, looking behind me, like I'm looking that way. I I'm walking back.
Speaker 6: It's like if something coming out I wanted to come in the only way I could describe it.
Speaker 8: It sounded like the bandschief from the Irish folklore, but it was more like facey. It wasn't like it was like blood curdling, like from a dying murder streak. It was more like it had like base to it, Like it was almost like it was something that happened that was like deep chest up, like it had the lunk.
Speaker 6: OFFACTIY for it.
Speaker 8: I immediately stood still. I just throws because I didn't know what I just heard. I froze and then I can just hear something just snaping twigs. It was almost like like a herd elephants just running through like they were just wait snapping and everything. I didn't hear anything else free knocking no nothing. I decided to go up to where I heard it, where I heard the streak, I found this footprint, and it was on like any other footprint I've ever seen. The stride on this thing was probably. I'm six foot three, I have a long stride. This stride was longer than mine. It was probably the foot had to have been at least Oh god, I couldn't've got how the foot was long.
Speaker 6: It was like unlike any other human footpoot I ever seen a book. This could not be a human.
Speaker 8: It was way too big because it was in the winter time, so the ground was broken solid. This thing was so heavy to leave a foot imprint in the ground, and the ground was frozen like rock hard. This thing with an imprint in the ground. I immediately got scared because this thing is heavy, it is powerful, and I want nothing to do with it.
Speaker 6: At that point, I show here. The tree knocks again. I shot him the tree knock.
Speaker 8: And now it's coming from in front of me, and I'm like, Okay, something is out here and obviously does not want me in here.
Speaker 6: Because I learned it was time of that bigfoots are very territorial. They are very territorial. I saw something that I've never seen before. There was a three and it was hanging like this, like a arch.
Speaker 8: I've never seen a tree like that foot It was almost like it was put that way. It turns out later on that's how bigfoots mark their territory by overhanging trees.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that at the time. I was just fascinated by.
Speaker 8: Looking at the street because I never seen the three hang like that before, because sure just going straight up, they don't.
Speaker 6: Curve like that.
Speaker 8: Then that's to the point where the tree not started getting closer.
Speaker 6: They're more profound closer. Now I'm at the point where I'm like, I don't know what's to do, because I don't want the thing coming at me. I don't want to get charged yet. I've never told anybody this because I thought people think God just crazy. I never told anybody this before.
Speaker 8: I know what I encountered, and I'm sure that I encountered a big foot. I'm ninety nine percent sure because the footprint and the tree arching.
Speaker 6: There's no way to describe that. There's no way.
Speaker 8: When I watched that show, from what I heard, from what they encountered, and with my encounter, I believe the bigfoot I encountered was known as the Yahoo because that's what the scream sounded like. It sounded like somebody yelling Yahoo, but it was so high pitched. Like I said, I wasn't really intimate foots like that, but it scared me to death.
Speaker 6: I was scared. I know what to do.
Speaker 1: So what did you do? Did you just leave the area? Have you been back to that area?
Speaker 8: Since I had not sent that encounter, but I honestly I watched to I want to go back to the seats.
Speaker 6: I mean's still back there.
Speaker 8: But at the same time, my fear is also stopping me from doing My fear is what prevented me from going to do that, because, like I said, if I want to go back out, I want to make sure at least have a weapon on me or something to leave some drunk coming at me. I at least have something to defend myself. I want to go back there, but at the same time, I'm fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: On the fence.
Speaker 1: Do me a favorite, Give us a little bit more detail about the area that where you were in. What was that area like? Is it close to houses or is in the middle of nowhere? Talk a little bit about the area.
Speaker 8: So the woodline is right behind onpartment. It's lowly woods here and then woods all around here.
Speaker 6: This is wood surrounding the building. The furthest town from there. We're living in con Over at the time. The closest thing was the shopping center and it.
Speaker 8: Was on the other side of the woods.
Speaker 6: So there was like no city or the nearby.
Speaker 8: There's just a highway where my palms was at the woods.
Speaker 6: This woods. It would make sense, but something like that to.
Speaker 8: Live in there, honestly because it's a perfect place for it. Honestly because within the first hume I started least three four deers. So the perfect place that's got deer, perfect food source. And nobody really goes to those woods, especially not during the wood the time we're so cooled out.
Speaker 1: I'm curious that you've watched mountain monsters, you've gotten into bigfoot, You've had these experiences. I don't ask this of everybody, but what do you think these things are? Do you think there's some sort of a leftover relic tominin hamanoid? Do you think there's something demonic? Do you think they're extraterrestrial? What are your thoughts on what these things might be and why it's so difficult for us to find them and prove them to science.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna quote one of the guys on the show. His name was the Buck, and he.
Speaker 8: Said that the big Boots are nos, the kings of hide and seek.
Speaker 6: They don't like to show themselves. They like to stay out of the way. They don't want to be seen. I don't think these things are demonic. I don't think them because.
Speaker 8: The fact of matter is they have physical forms, and most demonic things also, I don't think there's a demonic I think there's something prehistoric.
Speaker 6: To them, though.
Speaker 8: I really feel there's like a kind of like a cave man prehistoric to these things. The fact of matter is these things are big, they're strong, and just like cavemen, they were very territorial. They don't like anything around their territory.
Speaker 6: That's what I think they are.
Speaker 8: I was them prehistoric, not like dinosaur prehistoric, but like caveman, Bully Dannis pre storice.
Speaker 3: Awesome, man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you coming on and sharing your experiences.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you having me Ryan.
Speaker 5: They say you don't gotta go home, but you can't say.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be.
Speaker 5: Job, job, every day came.
Speaker 3: Right back for joy, for me.
Speaker 5: Joy staying right. You come in right away steps as Baste and State plays, and states gainst States insist