Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Bell and Pollock Accident and Injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell, Many Condall, KA.
Speaker 3: N FM, got.
Speaker 4: Dona Study and the Nicey's Three, Mandy Donald keeping Sadda Papa Muff.
Speaker 5: Welcome to a Monday edition of the show. I'm your host for the next three hours, Mandy Connell joined by my friend Michael Coover in for Anthony Rodriguez. Now, coove, do I have you all day?
Speaker 6: You do have me all day? Grant is out sick today.
Speaker 7: Oh jeez, Jaez Louise, our producer cor has been struck by illness, and Franklin. We can't lose a man right now. We don't have anybody on injured reserve. I mean, we don't have a backup right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I'm glad to have you Coover, even if it's because Grant is sick. So I got a lot of stuff from the blog today, a lot of stuff to talk about, lots of stuff happened over the weekend that we have.
Speaker 7: Got to talk about.
Speaker 5: And oh my goodness, we've had three celebrity deaths now that are just awful. I just heard about the Ken Baven Tombow coming in this morning and that one he what a did you ever know him?
Speaker 7: Coover?
Speaker 5: Did you know him when he played? I don't know how long you've been here. I don't know how long ago he was here.
Speaker 6: I mean obviously know of him.
Speaker 8: I never really got to know him very well just in passing, but uh, he was obviously a giant in this market as well as in other markets across the country.
Speaker 6: He is a I mean, he's just a great guy. I mean, he.
Speaker 8: Built a hospital in his hometown because his mother couldn't get to a hospital, so he wound up building one after she died, And I mean, that's just kind of the guy he is.
Speaker 5: I've heard from people that have spent time around him that he's just got to had a really great sense of humor about life. And he apparently told a friend of mine who works in sports media once when he had had they'd had a rough game. And I don't even know who he was playing for when this happened. It was the guy that I know was covering the Magic. So he said they'd had his to come home with tot Bay's team and had a particularly rough game, and he said, you know, do you let stuff like this get you down, and he said, do you have any idea what life is like in other parts of the world. I played professional basketball. This will never get me down. Just like very much like, let's keep it all in perspective. I love to win, but if I don't, it's you know, it's a loss, big deal. Move on and fifty eight years old, and as a fifty five year old person.
Speaker 7: That is young to die young, young, young, So let me get on it.
Speaker 5: Let me get to the blog. I got the other two deaths on the blog today. Hopefully this will be our three celebrities, because we all know they die in threes. Find the blog by going to mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. Look for the headline that says nine to thirty twenty four blog questions about our election integrity. Click on that and here are the headlines. Who will find within I didn't.
Speaker 9: It's listening office half of American all with ships and clipments and say acta press Platt.
Speaker 5: Today on the blog, my ballot guide is out Heidigan all has some questions about election integrity. I've got a third party candidate for you to vote for Fort Collins. We need to know why the RTD chief was canned. The guy who started the Alexander Mountain fire wanted.
Speaker 7: To be a hero.
Speaker 5: What devastation in North Carolina. Electric cars and saltwater don't mix. Alcohol consumption could lead to cancer. Kamala visited the border for her photo op Israel doesn't give a bleep what we think. Scrolling scrolling jbs, better get it together. The fair article about the Aurora apartment complex issues is the cops hot.
Speaker 7: Is Oh excuse me?
Speaker 5: Is the gops hot girl summer gonna stick? This as Democrats are having a masculinity problem. You got to watch this show Things to know before you go to Japan.
Speaker 7: Young men are being left behind.
Speaker 5: More female athletes are fighting back against men in their sports. A transman decided to transition back. CNN decides to pay all their web content. Rip Chris Christofferson, Rip Detective Taggart.
Speaker 7: The coolest thing made in Colorado.
Speaker 5: Is super cool and a little Chris Christofferson for you. Those are the headlines on the blog at mandy'sblog dot com and the two other deaths that are on the blog today.
Speaker 7: One of them is.
Speaker 5: The incredibly prolific songwriter and singer Chris Christofferson, who I did not know, was like a super smarty. I had no idea he was a Rhodes scholar. He was just incredibly impressive. He was an actor, and he was eighty eight years old as he passed away at his home in Hawaii. Now that someday, dear friends and listeners, someday I'd like you to hear about my death like this. Mandy Connell, aged ninety five, former HOSTS, has passed away at her castle in Switzerland.
Speaker 7: That's what I wanted to say.
Speaker 2: Is that so wrong?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Dang it?
Speaker 5: The other one who passed away is prolific actor John Ashton. I'm just gonna say it, like I knew who he was from Beverly Hills Cop Right. He played Detective Taggert, one of the leaguered cops to Judge Reinhold's I can't remember his name in the show. But they were the straight men to Eddie Murphy's Eddie Murphy. But he did so much stuff. He was a character actor. He played all kinds of different roles. He was in all these different movies. And he passed away at his home in Fort Collins. Did not see that come in? Who knew he was in Fort Collins. Why did we try to get him on the show because we didn't know. But he has passed away as well, and I wish my sincere condolences to his family and thanks to his family, because he gave a great joy in his career. So did Chris Christofferson, so did ken Ba Matumbo.
Speaker 7: You know, have you ever been in.
Speaker 5: A situation, Cooper, where you are like in a restaurant or whatever, and you see someone famous that you really like, and then how do you Have you ever been that person that's either walked up or anything like that. Have you ever approached someone in that situation just to say, hey.
Speaker 7: I love your work.
Speaker 6: I used to live in La.
Speaker 7: Oh god, yeah, I saw the time. But in La it's not cool, yeah, to walk up and say hi.
Speaker 8: Although I did hear recently, probably in the last like six months, I saw Kevin Coostner downtown eating dinner.
Speaker 6: At the place where we were at.
Speaker 7: Was he here at Yellowstone or something?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure what he was doing here.
Speaker 5: But let me tell you my go to and y'all, this is so smooth. It's so smooth. I stole it from someone else. Our go to is find out from the waiter what they are drinking. If they're having wine, send him over a bottle of wine with a little handwritten note that just says, thank you so much for all the joy you've given me in my life, which your work, Thank you so much, and just send it over. Inevitably, someone's gonna come over and say thank you, and then they're coming to you. Right So you're just sitting there. My husband attacked Mickey Dolans in Vancouver. Mickey Dolans is a small fellow. My husband is not a small fellow. And Chuck is like Chuck has bet a lot of famous people, so he doesn't get starstruck.
Speaker 7: He's not that guy. He doesn't normally overreact.
Speaker 5: But his sister, his first of all, his late sister in law who had just passed away, and his sister huge monkeys fans, like the biggest monkeys fans.
Speaker 7: Ever. So when Chris saw when Chuck saw Mickey Dolans, he ran across the restaurant.
Speaker 5: Up to Mickey Dolans, who cowered invisible fear of this giant man that ran up to him.
Speaker 7: But he said, you know, oh my gosh, my son, could I please get a picture my sisters are such huge chance. And then after he came back to the table, Chuck was like, oh my god, I can't believe I just did that. I scared the crap out of him. So we sent a bottle of wine over with a little note, sorry we scared you, but just huge fans, you know whatever. Nickey Dolans comes over to say thank you.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 7: So I'm telling you it is like the perfect way to do. And here's the thing.
Speaker 5: Even if they don't come over and say thank you, you still let them know, right, And I think that's just really high praise to say thank you your work has made my life a better place to be. I just think that's kind of cool.
Speaker 7: So it's whenever you have the chance to do that. Two things that.
Speaker 5: I always recommend, if you had a teacher who made an impact in your life, let them know. Doesn't matter if they are one hundred years old, doesn't matter if they're in the old teacher's retirement home. Reaching out a phone call, little note saying I just want you to know what an impact you had in my life. Do it, Just do it, and yeah, send over a bottle of wine.
Speaker 7: There you go. So let's talk about what is on the blog.
Speaker 5: We've got Heidigan All coming in today at twelve thirty.
Speaker 7: She had a press conference last.
Speaker 5: Week to talk about some potential issues with the election system and some potential issues with the voting machines. She is not out there alleging that anything was stolen. She's not out there saying we need to re litigate twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: That is not what this is about. This is about.
Speaker 5: Securing our elections going forward, which every single person, regardless of party, should want. You should want secure elections period. There should be no other way to do this. We're really one of the few developed countries in the world that doesn't have an ID requirement that allows the kind of mail in voting that we do, where you don't even have to ask for a ballot in Colorado, they just.
Speaker 7: Send them to you.
Speaker 5: And she's grown some pretty significant irregularities that need to be addressed, so of course Jennia Griswell's.
Speaker 7: Going to ignore them the height.
Speaker 5: He's going to be on a twelve thirty to talk about some of those issues. And then at one o'clock, I have a guy named Steve ee Rash. He is running for State House District fifty two in Fort Collins. He is not a Republican, he is not a Democrat. He is a member of of this Center Party. The Center Party is an official minor party in Colorado. I had Steve on a couple of years ago when he was starting the party now as an official minor party, and I'm going to have him on because there isn't a Republican in that race. So I would encourage you, if you are in District fifty two to vote for Steve your rash in that district. He's running against a really progressive opponent, and Steve is running a very moderate campaign some would say, some would say a groundbreaking campaign where he has openly advocated for policies that would traditionally be associated with the right or left, and.
Speaker 7: He's got a mix of them.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm just going to talk about this not having a Republican in House District fifty two for one second, just to reiterate that the person that the Republican Central Committee seems to want to leave in charge has basically three jobs. The chairman of the party has three jobs. Number one, raise money. Number two, support Republican candidates and help them get elected. Number three make sure that they're a vacancy committee meetings to find people to run where there are vacant seats or fine to run in every race. This is just another example of his failure to do even the most basic part of his job. He hasn't been raising money, and the money that he has raised is pretty much gone into his own pocket or gone to support his failed candidacy in the fifth Congressional district. Certainly didn't go to finding a candidate for State House District fifty two. But I hope you like Steve because he is the best choice for that district. So let's do this. We've got a couple of things that are they're not like, they're not big, like you know, big talk topics per se.
Speaker 2: But I'm kind of.
Speaker 7: Stuck on this right now.
Speaker 5: I mean stuck on this story because I want to.
Speaker 7: Know the rest of the story.
Speaker 5: The RTD chief, former RTD police Chief Jewel Fitzgerald, we now know was fired by RTD. RTD will not tell anyone why he was fired, and yet they're required to report to Colorado's Peace Officer Standards and Training Database, which shows the employment and disciplinary status of Colorado law enforcement officers. It showed that Fitzgerald had been terminated for cause. The Colorado Attorney General's office oversees the post board, so CBS four sent over an open records request asking for any open records about the termination or separation of Joel Fitzgerald, and RTD said they don't have any information any documents that respond to that. So apparently no discussion, no discussion in any way, shape or form, on any email anywhere about the chief being fired exists.
Speaker 7: What the hell, you guys, what is going on.
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: I happen to live under the mindset and if you're a law enforcement officer, he may not like this, but hear me out. I believe that law enforcement officers who carry a gun and have the potential to end someone's life in the course of their duties should be held to a higher standard when it comes to things like this, and this guy, because we don't know what it was, could easily get hired by someone else. It seems to me that once you reach a certain level in law enforcement, finding a commensurate job like that in another state is really not that hard.
Speaker 7: So why are we not being open about why this guy was fired? What did he do?
Speaker 5: Shouldn't we all get to understand what our tax dollars paid for and why they are no longer paying for that. I mean, don't even get me started on the mess that security is with RTD right now. You want to know why people don't run and ride the lightrail because they don't want to be on the light reel with people smoking mess, that's a big reason.
Speaker 7: Or hey, maybe they don't we get a shot on a bus? How about that?
Speaker 5: So this is not exactly inspiring confidence. And I'm wondering, I mean, am I the only one that thinks this is just super weird?
Speaker 7: Really weird?
Speaker 5: So anyway, anyway, the Center Party is full blown Democrat. Lol, So she's allowed to bring up election security. I know you're conflating two things.
Speaker 7: Texter.
Speaker 5: Heidi Ganal is coming on at twelve thirty to talk about some potential issues with election integrity. A separate guest from the Center Party is coming on to talk about his run for State House District fifty two, where there are no Republicans running. And if you look at Steve's policy positions, a lot of them are Republican, a lot of them are Democrat. It's an interesting mix. Mandy I met Chris Christoph person at DIA five years ago. He could not have been nicer, talked for half an hour and got a picture with him. I'll never forget it. See that's lovely, absolutely lovely, Mandy. John Ashton used to come into my local pub and.
Speaker 7: Play trivia and have his iced tea regularly.
Speaker 5: Down to earth guy text or why am I just now hearing about this right now?
Speaker 7: Listeners?
Speaker 5: You have a responsibility. Okay, I'm just gonna let you know exactly what's up right now. If you have a situation like this where you have a famous person that comes into your place of business on a regular basis, nice person, you have a responsibility to let me know so I can come stalk them.
Speaker 7: I mean, really, people, really, it's time. It's time. Make it happen.
Speaker 5: Mandy, please make a distinction that Dave Williams you are talking about is different from Dave Williams running for Chaffey Counties, Colorado House District thirteen for the Republicans. Are two different people. Dave will take down one more just because of his name. Now, that is completely different. And I believe, if I'm not mistaken, I know that Dave Williams in Chafey County and he's a super nice guy and very involved in Bunavista, so I didn't even know he was running. He should have called me once again. You gotta let me know people. Can we hear the rest of seeing Kevin Costner from Coover? Did you just see him coover? Did you watch him eat? Was he a messy eater? Did he use his napkin? Was his napkin in his lap? What are we talking about here?
Speaker 6: Willas?
Speaker 8: What do you He was at a table, probably three or four tables away from us, so we didn't necessarily watch him do anything.
Speaker 6: Knew that he was there, and we didn't go up to him, so we just let him be.
Speaker 7: Yeah whatever.
Speaker 8: But he was there with probably three or four or five different people just hanging out, hanging out.
Speaker 6: Who was in the middle of his divorce?
Speaker 7: Ooh so all right then.
Speaker 6: Or a separation or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, no, it was a divorce. I think he's dating Jewel now, Jewel the singer. Yeah, which is age appropriate. You know, he didn't run out and get another twenty year old like his last wife.
Speaker 7: Age appropriate, guys, age appropriate.
Speaker 5: So if anybody knows anything about why Joel Fitzgerald was actually fired. I'd love to know, and I will not out you. You can email me Mandy Connall at I hurtmedia dot com, but don't email from your RTD address, just saying.
Speaker 7: Mandy Connall at I hurtmedia.
Speaker 5: Dot com, or just hit me a text at five sixty six nine. Oh, but I will need verification that you are who you say you are. I can't just believe you because that would be bad, Mandy. It was reported that he was fired from a previous job. I'm sure he was, sure he was Morning Mandy says this Texter. Along with the very sad passing of John Ashton Chris Kristofferson to Kenbe Matumbo, please don't forget to also mention Drake Augusta, who was well known for his many years of playing the character of John Black.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, John Black died.
Speaker 5: He sadly passed away this past Saturday, one day shy of his seventy first birthday of pancreatic cancer.
Speaker 7: Oh boo.
Speaker 2: Boo.
Speaker 7: Did your mom ever watch so proper as your mom and grandma?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Days of our Lives was the probably the one that they watched the most.
Speaker 5: We were young and the restless, young and the restless as the world turns a guiding light. I started out with all my children and Ryan's hope, but then I switched in college because everybody that I knew watched the CBS soap So I feel sorry for kids now that are sick and they stay home from school and there's just daytime crap TV on because daytime TV now, oh god. Every time we have a day off, like on holiday, I go downstairs. I make coffee because I don't really have to do anything right it's day off. And then I sit down and I turn the TV on and I go through the entire guide and then I'm like, get up, turn the TV off, find something better to do with my time.
Speaker 6: Hopes are still on these days.
Speaker 5: Bold and the Beautiful is still on. General Hospital is still on. Bolden the Beautiful is like a massive international celebrity thing.
Speaker 7: I think Days of our Lives are still on. I don't know. I mean, I'm working during the stories. I don't know. When we get back. Heidigan All joins us, we're going to talk.
Speaker 5: A little bit about election security and stuff that we need to check out next.
Speaker 7: Right now, we have a candidate for.
Speaker 5: Colorado House District fifty two it is a district that is in Fort Collins and there is no Republican running in that race. And I could go on for days about the incompetence of the Republican Party, but instead I'm going to introduce you to a candidate running in the Colorado Center Party.
Speaker 7: His name is Steve eh Rash.
Speaker 5: He's been on the show before when he was first building the Center Party, and now he is running for.
Speaker 7: The state House with a platform that.
Speaker 5: Is I think very indicative of the sort of mission of the Center Party in the first place.
Speaker 7: Steve, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 11: Thanks Mandy.
Speaker 10: I appreciate all the things you've said about me and the campaign already.
Speaker 11: Thanks you.
Speaker 5: So let's talk about the Center Party briefly, and then we're going to get into some issues, because I think your platform is really interesting in that you appear to pluck ideas that I guess you think are good ideas from the right and the left. So tell people about the Center Party, the Colorado Center Party in and of itself.
Speaker 10: So we got our minor party status last year August when we got over the one thousand registered voter affiliation threshold. We now have one thousand and nine hundred voters affiliating with us, so when you when you register to vote, we're one of the choices. And I started working on it, of course in twenty twenty one, so we have our full minor party status. We have two other candidates, Bernadette tedsco or Adams County Commissioner right or husband Chaz has been county commissioner for a long time and is term limited. And we also have Skinny Winkler, who's also in Adams County running first State House. There is a Republican in his race. Bernadette does not have a Republican in that race for county commissioner.
Speaker 7: Okay, the Center Party was formed.
Speaker 10: Why Oh, because neither major party was representing the majority in the middle of the voters in Colorado are unaffiliated. They don't want to be associated with either of the major parties. Both Democrats and Republicans have been losing registered voters by about one thousand every month. As a thousand or anyway, but they every month they lose registered voters. So the way the primaries are set up, the not very many people vote in the primaries, and so your more extreme elements both Republicans and Democrats, will end up winning their primaries. Kim hernandez Elizabeth Epps in Denver were defeated in their primaries because there was a lot of money put in there and they made total fools of themselves in the legislature. My opponent, you are a Zochi, is of that same ilk. She's a far left progressive and she won because there was no incumbent and her opponent in the primary ran a very poor campaign and is a lobbyist. Was I'm sorry, was a lobbyist for Excel Energy, and people don't want to vote for that right of background in a candidate. So I've served on the Larimer County Board well for CON's Electric Port.
Speaker 5: So let's talk about your platform, because I think this is very interesting. You have some traditionally conservative positions like supporting a school of choice, charter schools and local elementary schools. You want to maintain tabor tax refunds and tax increase limits to control spending. You are a local control guy when it comes to land use policy. You don't want this kind of one size fits all that the state is trying to shove down our throats. You are a Second Amendment guy, except you are in favor of red flag laws, and for many on the right, second Amendment is absolute and no limitations are the best limitations. You also go though, and say the gun controls we have today are sufficient enforce them. Now, where you start to go on the other side of the aisle is you want to protect women's reproductive rights and freedom. So I'm assuming that's access to abortion. We also, yep, we also have very much in favor of supporting teacher pay while not supporting the Pewter School mill levy.
Speaker 7: So you're kind of all over the place.
Speaker 5: How did you decide to go with these particular policy positions? And you could pick any of them as an example of why you chose that.
Speaker 11: Well, the big one is abortion rights.
Speaker 10: And when you look back at the history in Colorado, the personhood Amendment, which was on the ballot quite a few years ago, only got twenty two percent of the vote. Yeah, people do not want to restrict abortion rights. Now nationally, the polls will tell you that they're okay with restrictions in the third trimester. I'm not going to be able to come forward with any kind of a change in that. I don't think it's possible to legislate what the exceptions should be in the third trimester. My personal issue there is what if the fetus as a defect, down syndrome or brain defect. You know, it has to be between a person and their doctor. But I want to defend crisis pregnancy centers so when they talk to at risk women who are at risk of having an abortion, that they are allowed to talk to them, right, so that you can try to reduce the number of abortions outside of a change in the law.
Speaker 11: Also, nurses and doctors should not be.
Speaker 10: Forced to participate in abortion procedures if they are against it philosophically or religiously.
Speaker 11: They should not lose their job over that.
Speaker 10: And I think that might be an issue that will come before the legislature in the future. And so you know, there's other ways of dealing with the abortion issue besides just trying to create a.
Speaker 11: Law to ban them.
Speaker 7: So you're actually true, truly pro choice.
Speaker 5: You want women to have all the options available to them, including crisis centers that may try to talk them out of an abortion, or have that available if that's their choice of last resort. What do you feel like the biggest issue facing Colorado.
Speaker 10: Is, well, the budget is going to be a problem if we slip into recession. We're going to have budgetary issues. You got the property taxes that have skyrocketed for a lot of people. That's going to really hurt seniors. And the senior exemption is pretty small. And so you know, the legislature, the Democrats and the legislature had to be dragged kicking and screaming to get the final bill in the second special session to reduce the property taxes and people aren't aware of it, and so we need to protect that and make sure that the legislature doesn't backslide on it. Now, the local control, I think I have a lot of Democrats supporting me in my campaign. I have Democrats and Republicans because I've spent time in the Republican Party, so personal friends through those connections are supporting me. And I have important issues on the Republican side, so they support me for that. But the Democrats are all pissed off about the local control of land use and what the state has done. Do you serve that, particularly in Fort Collins, the city council, very liberal, twice tried to change the land use code similar to what the state has done, and the preserved Fort Collins group collected signatures to overrule the city council not once but twice, and in the second time I carried petitions for that effort, So you know, and the state legislature may not be over with that, right. The U plus two or the number of people who live in one house is a big And you look at the trash that the Aurora apartment complexes, with all the trash building up. That wasn't a garbage collection issue. That was because of how many people are living in each unit. So they create a lot of trash and it's not getting picked up because it's too much. And so how many people are allowed to live in each unit is actually a very important issue, and I think that will come up again.
Speaker 7: Steve, who are you going to caucus with? Mostly? Do you feel if you are elected into the state House.
Speaker 10: I know, I think I will probably end up coxing with the Republicans. They don't have enough people to fill all their committee positions, right, And the Democrats, with the number of people they have with control and they're near supermajority, they're not going to be interested in dealing with me, So I think by default I'll end up coxing with the Republicans to make sure I get some caucus assignment.
Speaker 5: Steve your Rash is my guest. He is running in House District fifty two. Fascinating platform, Steve. I wish you the best and I would love if people would vote for you in Fort Collins. Again, there's no Republican on the platform. You are probably the right kind of person to get elected in this race, and I'm going to be rooting for you from Afar.
Speaker 7: I appreciate you making time for me today.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Mandy, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 5: That is Steve you Rash. He's with the Center Party. I would tell you to go to the blog at mandy'sblog dot com and look at his page. It's fascinating and I think this is the way future. This is the way forward for conservatives in Colorado.
Speaker 7: Not to adopt all of his platform.
Speaker 5: Positions, but to just say, look, the Republican Party is dead. It's an albatross around the neck of good candidates.
Speaker 7: Just go it alone. So he's a chameleon.
Speaker 5: It's interesting that we cannot wrap our heads around someone who may be fiscally conservative they but socially liberal.
Speaker 7: But do you have any idea. How many people describe themselves exactly that way. They want government to be small.
Speaker 5: They don't want government telling anyone what to do, including on issues like abortion.
Speaker 7: They want low taxes.
Speaker 5: They want to be left alone, they don't want massive government programs. A lot of people in society feel that very way. I was looking at a poll and I didn't put it on the blog today because I had so much stuff, and I want to do a deep dive on it tomorrow. But and issue is an insights poll about people's underlying attitudes, not party identification, not candidate polling, because never of that matters. I was talking to my personal trainer today. She said, well, how do the polls look? And I said, honestly, I'm not paying attention to the polls. The polls got broken in twenty sixteen. And remember in twenty sixteen Hillary was going to walk.
Speaker 7: Away with it. We didn't even have to show up to vote. Hillary's got this. Just look at the polls.
Speaker 5: The only poll that matters is in November. And now, I really, at this point in time, I believe that the poles serve no purpose other than to gin up voter turnout or suppress voter turnout, because.
Speaker 7: If you think, well, if I go and vote, my guy's still going to at least like people in Colorado who are like, well, it doesn't really matter what I vote for you they're gonna lose anyway.
Speaker 5: That's the exact wrong attitude, even if it's accurate. It's one of the reasons that even though I'm in Colorado and there's a zero percent chance that Donald Trump wins Colorado, I'm still going to cast my ballot for Donald Trump because it's important to be heard even if you in this state lose, and people like Steve ee Rash, who was who was looking, who looks at the problems right, looks at the problems and says, what do I think is the best solution, Not which is going to get me more Republican votes, or which is going to get me more Democrat votes, or what am I supposed to say because I'm a Democrat or a Republican. I think there's a whole bunch of that that goes on, where people running for office or spouting off opinions they don't believe in because they're in that party and they're expected to say it. Look no further than Kamala Harris in twenty nineteen or Kamala Harris in twenty twenty four, because she has now held every single position on every single issue, because she thought that whatever she was saying at that moment would benefit her politically. She started running in the general election and didn't have a primary and nobody voted for her.
Speaker 7: She didn't have to win over the hardcore.
Speaker 5: Left wing of the Democratic Party like she was trying to in twenty nineteen. She was against racking, she wanted open borders. She didn't think coming to the country illegally should be a crime. Now she wants to deport illegal aliens Bill Trump's Wall, which was racist in twenty nineteen. She's now adopted did all of the physicians, including not taxing tips that the Republican.
Speaker 7: Party has adopted.
Speaker 5: At least, Steve seems to be being honest. No, there's no reason that he should lie. There's no reason to make up anything. I mean, he's just telling it like he sees it.
Speaker 7: That's kind of refreshing. I don't know if it'll work. We'll see, Mandy.
Speaker 5: I'm in my late thirties and I'm exactly what you describe fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I tell people I'm a conservative, meaning I want small government at all levels, smallest government possible, always on ninety nine percent of issues. This Texter said Mandy, I would like to remind longtime listeners that even Mike Rosen to find himself as fiscally conservative and either socially liberal or libertarian.
Speaker 7: Mandy down thirty one pounds with soda in twelve weeks, still going, Thank you, mount and Grandma. You are welcome Mountain Grandma. When we get back now, hiding all coming in next She's going to come in and talk about some concerns that that probably need to be looked at, but we won't be looked at before the next election cycle.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell.
Speaker 3: And Tonkam got study can the nicety us.
Speaker 2: Through three many Donald Keith sad Thing.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the second hour of the show.
Speaker 5: I'm your host, Mandy Connell, joined Todave, I'm Michael Cooper and for Anthony Rodriguez, we're going to take you right through three o'clock and joining me now she is a familiar person to people who listen to this show. Heidigan All ran for governor and now she is not letting up. She is out there, sounded the alarm about some potential issues in our voting system, and I'd had a presser last week to talk about it. Good afternoon, Heidi Ganal.
Speaker 9: How are you, hi, miss Manny.
Speaker 12: I'm doing great.
Speaker 9: How about you?
Speaker 7: I'm doing fantastic.
Speaker 5: And you know, Heidi, I know you a little bit now, as they say, And one of the things that impresses me about you is that you ran a very tough governor's race.
Speaker 7: You did not succeed, but it has.
Speaker 5: Not stopped your passion for making sure that Coloraden's have a government that they can trust and that they can be proud of. And you've just pretty much not stopped since your race in continuing to find ways to make Colorado better.
Speaker 7: And I just appreciate that about you.
Speaker 5: Very very much, because a lot of people would have just taken their marbles and gone home.
Speaker 12: You know, I wanted to for a little bit, believe me, Mandy, but I care so much about this state and I want my kids to stay here, my grandkids to stay here.
Speaker 9: So after I learned so much about how the sausage is made. I think that's one of.
Speaker 12: The biggest disservices candidates can make to their voters is to just walk away and not share what they learned, what they would do differently, how we can make things better.
Speaker 5: So what did you What was your press conference about last week? Let's just jump in.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so my press conference was about finding we made an I would call it an audit of the twenty two election regarding Douglas County, and it wasn't really about my race. It was more about Kurt Huffman's race, who ran for House sister forty three and lost. It's in Highland's ranch.
Speaker 9: He lost in a Republican.
Speaker 12: Plus ten district in Douglas County, and Kurt ran a really good rate. He was incumbent, and the final numbers just didn't make a lot of sense. So we were looking at that, Kurt and I were talking about it.
Speaker 9: My numbers were even a little weird, so we said, well.
Speaker 12: Let's just ask for a recount. That's our right, you know, that's every citizen's right. And we did that right after the election, and the whole.
Speaker 9: Process was crazy. They just blocked us at every.
Speaker 12: Turn wouldn't let us do what we were You know, our rights constitutionally are to do and get access to see things that we should have been able to see. So that prompted me to hire an attorney.
Speaker 9: To dig in a bit and say, why are they blocking us? Why don't they want us to see things?
Speaker 12: And it took us about sixteen months to actually make any progress, but we did make progress. And I have to say, Cherry Davis, the clerk in Douglas County, has been wonderful to work with, very accommodating.
Speaker 9: So is her staff.
Speaker 12: I think this goes bigger to Jennick Griswold in the Secretary of State's office. And so it took two years to do this analysis and we got the results through the beginning of the results a couple of weeks ago, so we wanted to share it with the public.
Speaker 7: So what did you guys discover?
Speaker 5: And to be clear, Heidi, this is not about past elections, correct, This is just concerns that you guys have about our elections going forward. I want to be clear about that because I'm getting snotty, like you know, oh, she's an election tonight. This is not about any past election really, right, I mean.
Speaker 10: What you know?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So go ahead and talk about what you guys found.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Mandy, this is about restoring trust for the people that don't trust our elections and don't want to vote because of it, and that's a travesty. So I thought, what can we do to restore trust? Well, I always believe sunshine is the.
Speaker 9: Best cure for that. So one of the things that we.
Speaker 12: Discovered, which we weren't really looking for, was that the machines the voting systems actually do have remote Wi Fi access and can connect to the Internet. And I'm not saying anything happened, but the potential for bad actors to do something is there. And this is what really ticks me off me Andie is that many of our public officials have been misleading I would venture to say lying in the case of Jenna Griswold, because she knows everything that goes on in our elections, and it really upsets me that they just aren't honest and talking about security and safety when it.
Speaker 9: Comes to the voting systems.
Speaker 12: And I'd love to read you a quote from Jenna Griswold if it would help.
Speaker 9: Put things in perspective.
Speaker 12: Okay, So December fifteenth, twenty twenty. She's talking to the Legislative Audit Committee and they're having a hearing on election integrity and genesis. Voting systems are never connected to and cannot be accessed through the Internet because Wi Fi and Bluetooth capability are stripped from the unit before use, and all other connective technology is disabled by the trusted build.
Speaker 5: Okay, So essentially they're not connected to the Internet. And what did you guys find?
Speaker 12: We found that through the purchase orders and through verifying it with Douglas County clerks. The voting systems used there, how are have Wi Fi remote access cards within them that can be activated or be activated, but it's very complicated to do that and connect to the Internet remotely.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the possibility exists, though we have no we're not saying that it is uh is happening, correct, right, Okay? So what needs to happen to give you and therefore others more confidence that these machines cannot be hacked, because that's what this is all about.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: We've now had several hackers demonstrate with certain machines and other places how easy it is to hack into the system. We have not had that demonstration here in Colorado. But the possibility could exist, is that what we're.
Speaker 12: Saying absolutely, and we've been working with some really sophisticated smart people to figure out if this is accurate, if this is it, if it's actually a possibility, if this happened, it's very possible. And so what needs to happen is they need to take the cards out of the machines. It's not real complicated. And Douglas County said, well, we can't do that. The Secretary of.
Speaker 9: State has to talk to you about that.
Speaker 12: So we tried to set up a meeting and of course they didn't respond, so nobody.
Speaker 7: I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: It's such a small thing and such an insignificant thing that sounds like it would be really easy to take care of, and you just can't get any traction and even saying we should take care of this.
Speaker 12: Right anany What this comes down to is restoring trust with the voters. So well misled the public, so fix it. So make sure that there aren't these cards in any of our voting systems. And we only looked at Douglas County. We did not look at other counties. But it's very likely or possible that they are in the other voting systems, And I would encourage everybody to ask the county clerks that question, or your county commissioner, is that question? But it's the possibility, it's the rebuilding of trust. It's how we get people back on board with our elections and believing that they're the gold standard and not just full of gold.
Speaker 5: So the thing that gets me about this, and the reason why I think nothing is going to happen here, Heidi, is that the Democrats, they're like, there's nothing wrong with the election system.
Speaker 7: It's fine, there's nothing to see.
Speaker 5: So the only people that are like, yeah, we should probably make this secure seem to be coming from the right. And unfortunately in Colorado, the people on the right just don't matter very much to the Secretary of State.
Speaker 9: No, and I'm going to get called all kinds of names.
Speaker 12: I already am on Twitter. And what a really frustrating thing that happened around the press conferences we had. And I knew that we had color of Public Radio, we had Fox thirty one, we had a contract writer, I believe from the demo posts, and not one of them covered the story. They were all there they stayed for the entire conference, and none of them put a keep out about this.
Speaker 7: Like I said, people on the right don't matter in this state. And I mean, am I wrong?
Speaker 5: Because if there are a lot of people in this state who are concerned about election integrity, not because there's some kind of election denier, but they just want to know that their vote is not going to be canceled out by someone who is either dead. By the way, I have a story on the blog today about the new Jenni Griswold loss. She is now being forced to demonstrate that dead people are not registered.
Speaker 7: To vote in Colorado.
Speaker 5: This should be such a nothing burger that it should have already been done, But she fought it. She fought just making sure that we don't have thirty thousand dead people on our voter rolls right now. I mean that should indicate to me that this woman shouldn't be in charge. It should be in my view, Heidi, if someone comes and says, we have a legitimate concern that this is happening, and can you take care of it, the answer should be yes. If this is going to make people trust our system more, yes, let's do it. You're not asking for like crazy expensive stuff here.
Speaker 12: No, and it's not even just Jenna. The clerks know what they're ordering when they order these machines. And just in September, Sarah mccaffee, who's the spokesperson for the Jeffical Kennty Clerk's office, said, no counting machines in Colorado are connected to the Internet.
Speaker 9: And also this is a bipartisan thing. Wayne Williams has said the same thing.
Speaker 12: Back in sixteen. He said, to start with, none of our tabulation software and none of our tabulation machines are connected to the Internet, so they cannot be.
Speaker 9: Hacked from the outside.
Speaker 12: And finally, in June of this year, Bobby Growth and Mason County Clerk said, Masa County ballot processing equipment is not connected to the internet in any way. And I say, we don't know for sure in these other counties if it is or not, but it sure is the fact that Douglas Counties is to check with the rest of the counties to make sure that they're not and these people are being accurate and truthful when they're talking about their voting systems.
Speaker 7: Well, so, Heidi, I'm glad. I wish that we were not so polarized in this state.
Speaker 5: You know, there have been a couple of things that have happened lately that made me realize that if you're on the right in Colorado and you have the nerve to sound the alarm about anything, whether it is the takeover of apartment buildings by a Venezuelan gang or the possibility of bad actors interfering in our election, the only thing I could say is, I hope, Heidi, and I can't believe I'm going.
Speaker 7: To say this out loud. I hope that if some hardcore right.
Speaker 5: Wing computer hacker is listening to this, wouldn't it be funny if they hacked into the machines and all the Republicans won in the state.
Speaker 7: You better bet that election.
Speaker 5: Integrity would be at the top of the list for the Secretary of State.
Speaker 9: After that, Oh, cuche manny ciche.
Speaker 12: And there's a couple other two key issues I can go over real quickly that suns that are important if you have time for.
Speaker 9: One is the post office.
Speaker 12: The post office gets undeliverable ballots back and it is their responsibility to report to the county Clerk's office how many there were, and they actually get paid for those. So they sent an invoice. A group that we work with, colrad and for an Institute for Fair Elections, did an audit of the Post Office invoices and most of them were incorrect. They did eleven counties and significantly incorrect, and it couldn't be explained. There were over twelve thousand ballots that were just not accounted for. And so we've got to make sure that our accounting with the Post Office and the County Clots Office is accurate and that it meets at least basic accounting standards, which it doesn't right now.
Speaker 9: And then the third thing is the drop boxes.
Speaker 12: The way they monitor the drop boxes is silly.
Speaker 9: It's just plain silly.
Speaker 12: They use low definition cameras that cannot be admissible in court in most cases, and they point them in a direction where you can't actually see anything, and they record all this footage and they're.
Speaker 9: Supposed to be monitoring it for bad things happening.
Speaker 12: And they don't typically look at that. And so what we'd like to do is encourage citizens. And we fought the Secretary of State on this. We almost took her to a federal lawsuit over First Amendment rights. Citizens are allowed to observe those drop boxes, and there's certain guidelines you should use. You should never intimidate voters, but that's our right as citizens. So we're going to have more information about how people can do that to protect our drop boxes and make sure there's no bad actors dealing there.
Speaker 7: Okay, so there's a lot going on here.
Speaker 5: I wish that I thought anything would happen, but I just have no confidence in our politicized secretary of State's office. People need to understand that Jennack Groswald has been such an outlier for this position. She has been an absolute partisan hack in the one department, right, the one department where is critical for someone to at least give the appearance of impartiality, but she has done the exact opposite the entire time she's been in office. She should have been bounced out, but the hatred for Donald Trump was so big in this state and Republicans in general that she didn't get bounced out when she should have. So I'm glad that you're at least calling attention to this stuff, Heidi. I just don't have a lot of confidence that anything will happen because we are so thoroughly run by Democrats in this state and they just don't care what we think.
Speaker 7: That's the reality.
Speaker 9: Unfortunately.
Speaker 12: I think you're right, Mannie, but I'm tenacious, you know that.
Speaker 9: Yes, they can call me names all they want. I'm going to keep on it and I'm.
Speaker 12: Going to make sure that this needs the light of day and that voters understand what's happening and we can do better to protect our vote. That's all we're asking is so that we can restore trust in our vote.
Speaker 9: Here in Colorado.
Speaker 5: I agree, Hidi Gan all thanks for everything you do, and we will talk to you again very soon.
Speaker 12: That's great, man, all right, thank you.
Speaker 7: And you know, this is one of those things that I don't get thought about. This, This is how this is how my brain works.
Speaker 5: If you really wanted to make a point about how insecure our elections are in the state of Colorado, here's what I would do. Here's my machiavellian plan. But I'm pretty sure even if I did all of it on camera to demonstrate how bad are the security around our election system really is, I'd still get arrested because what I'm talking about is completely illegal. Go round to every apartment complex starting right after the ballots, drop and gather up all of the ballots that are in the trash cans of all the apartment complexes, and then in a small local race, decide who you're going to have win. And because you guys, some of these small local races are decided by like ten, fifteen, twenty votes, and go ahead and show him how easy it is to boost that candidate and show him how easy it is to win. I truly believe there's enough ballots in garbage cans around the metro area that you could go in and choose a race and pick the winner, and steal and return enough ballots to make a difference in that race.
Speaker 7: Just one race, just to prove it.
Speaker 5: I mean, it could be something like, you know, a town council somewhere, whatever, it doesn't matter, but just to demonstrate that our election system is not secure, and just because it hasn't been exploited yet, what's to prevent people from exploiting it in the future.
Speaker 7: One seat.
Speaker 5: I meant to grab this for the show today and I forgot. I think it was Arizona, a leaked conversation between Democrats about how many illegals they allowed to vote got out, not that they allowed all these illegals to register to vote, which they did. But the conversation about them talking about that and how if word got out it would give all of those election deniers fuel for their fire. Well, yeah, but you've got ten million new illegal immigrants during the Biden campaign and they're shipping many of them into swing states like Ohio.
Speaker 7: Like Pennsylvania. Do you think that's a coincidence?
Speaker 5: And now we find out like seventy thousand people in Arizona illegally they're registered to vote. Now, who's going to make sure they don't cast their ballots?
Speaker 7: How do you do that? How do you make sure that they are not allowed to cast a ballot? How do you do that? Mandy?
Speaker 5: From the Common Spirit Health text line at five sixty six nine, Ohero, It makes you really suspicious when anyone who questions how all these sketchy election things are being ignored are or demonized as being an election denier.
Speaker 7: There you go, There you go, Mandy.
Speaker 5: For those of us in other counties who want to ask our clerks and commissioners about this issue, what are the specific questions we should be asking as it relates to the voting machines? Question number one, does this voting machine have a card that connects it to the internet in any way, shape or form, And they're going to tell you yes, but they're deactivated.
Speaker 7: Why not remove them? Why not just go into the system and remove them.
Speaker 5: That's what Heidi's asking for, because that's the only way then we can truly prevent a hacker from having access. Take away the access from a remote source. Period that that's what has to happen. And if it's no big deal to pull the card out, why can't we do that? I don't understand the resistance to that. Mandy, didn't you encourage people to collect ballots and get them to you during the last election?
Speaker 7: What did that show? No, I didn't do that.
Speaker 5: I probably, you know, threw out my same idea that I had this time. But again, I don't want to get arrested. So how do you do that without getting arrested?
Speaker 7: I don't know. Perhaps just a coincidence, says this text. But we went to mail in ballots.
Speaker 5: Ninety five percent of the issues and candidates that I, as a conservative have supported have gone down in flames, and the few issues that went my way were back on the ballots next time to turn over.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there should be a website so you can access using a social Security number to see your vote and who it went to, time and date. There is ballot tracks allows you to see when your vote has been counted. Oh you know what, let me just say one more thing about the upcoming election. In a stroke of dumb assory, several years ago, Republicans were told by dumbasses in the Republican Party not to return their ballot early because somehow that was going to bust the algorithms that the Democrats used to cheat. It was like the dumbest thing in.
Speaker 7: The entire world.
Speaker 5: And I'm here to tell you that I want every single Republican, Conservative independent, I want you all to return your ballots on the first day because every ballot that is out that requires money and effort by Republicans who are trying to get out the vote to let them know that you need to go vote. If you vote on the first day, you save them a lot of time and energy. When you get your ballot, fill it out, take it back, drop it in a dropbox the same day, that will save them a lot of get out the vote money. So I did my ballot guide and as a matter of fact, in the next segment, we're going to talk about this. You guys, some of our ballots are going to be five and six pages.
Speaker 7: Long, front and back. It's like the Monika and Ross breakup letter, except it's a ballot eighteen pages front and back.
Speaker 5: That's from friends. If you didn't watch it, I'm sorry you didn't get that joke. But it was very funny and very well placed. So we're gonna go over the ballot guy just a little bit. There are a ton of ballot initiatives, and I did not do all of the races everywhere. First of all, I don't have that kind of time. Second of all, I don't have that kind of time. Okay, But after I published this yesterday, a listener sent me an email and said, Mandy, you have got to put these Broomfield initiatives on your ballot guide, and they sent me some information. I went and did a little more research, and now the Broomfield ballot initiatives that you all need to vote against are now on the ballot guide. So if there's something in jeff Co. Or Adams County, or Weld County or El Paso County or wherever that you want me to look into. You got to email me and say, Mandy, what about this now, local races.
Speaker 7: Local candidates. I don't have a lot for you on that.
Speaker 5: I am asking you we need some Republicans in the state to balance things out, but I don't know a lot about the candidates who are running. So I kind of just stepped away from that. But I have my ballot guide out, and unlike Ross's, y'all, God bless Roskamenski, I'm just going to say it, dude did a dissertation on all of the ballot initiatives.
Speaker 2: I did not mine.
Speaker 5: Is a ballot guide for idiots, done by idiots for idiots. So, fellow idiot, you're a pre siated and my ballot guide, we're going to dip into it.
Speaker 7: Next voter guide is on the blog. It will be on the blog on the.
Speaker 5: Top entry every single day until election. Well maybe not every single day. Sometimes I forget. I try to put it on there, but sometimes I forget. And the voter guide is mostly about the ballot initiatives because there are so many of them, so many of them, So I want to dip my toe into just a little bit of it, because good God, you guys. I have all the Denver ballot initiative measures. I have some Douglas County stuff on there because I live in Douglas County, so I'm up to speed on that stuff.
Speaker 7: I have the Broomfield initiatives.
Speaker 12: I have.
Speaker 5: A lot of stuff trying to scroll down here. I didn't tell you like who to vote for in the federal races. All I said was, look, we need more Republicans, and so vote however you want to vote.
Speaker 7: State races.
Speaker 5: I'd love to see more Republicans win in the State House, in the state Senate because right now this one party rule is it's they're passing stuff, you guys, that is going to make it prohibitively expensive to live here in the future.
Speaker 7: It's already starting to happen.
Speaker 5: We see our economy slowing down because of the overregulation passed by the Democratic legislature. We've been a shrining beacon of economic freedom and business friendliness for a long time. We're sliding down in those scales. We've just got to put more Republicans in those offices. I'm voting no on retaining all of the US Supreme Court justices, just on I usually vote no on retaining judges anyway.
Speaker 7: But our Supreme Court is a disaster here.
Speaker 5: But let me get to the ballot initiatives themselves, and I'm not going to get through all of these in this segment, So you're gonna have to go to mandy'sblog dot com and check it out for yourself.
Speaker 7: It is there.
Speaker 5: You can also find it on my social media. Now, state ballot measures look like this measure modify the property tax exemption for veterans with disabilities. I'm voting yes on this because this would specifically address veterans who are not one hundred percent disabled, but they are disabled in such a way that makes them unemployable and that is devastating. And these are directly a result of them volunteering to serve our nation in the military, and I want them to have this property tax exemption extended to them as well.
Speaker 7: That's a yes on that.
Speaker 5: Judicial Discipline Procedures and Confidentiality Measure Number or Measure Letter H.
Speaker 7: This would create an.
Speaker 5: Independent panel made of citizens, lawyers, and judges to conduct judicial misconduct hearings and impose disciplinary actions, and allows more information on those actions to be shared with the public. This after several instances over the past few years where especially in the Supreme Court, you had justices behaving badly, but the justices were in charge of disciplining themselves and they exempted themselves from quarter requirements, so there was no way to find out what was actually going. So if the justices don't like this new panel, they did it to themselves. I am voting yes on that measure I constitutional bail except for first degree murder. I am voting yes. I want our judges to be able to deny bail right now. In Colorado law, you can deny bail for capital offenses, but we don't have a functioning death penalty anymore, so it's not something that district attorneys seek. They no longer seek capital punishment. So capital offenses has been changed or will be changed, to say that if someone has been charged with first degree murder, judges can deny bail. It doesn't mean they will always deny bail, but they can deny bail.
Speaker 7: Measure J, so that's a yes on that one.
Speaker 5: By the way, Measure J repealing the definition a marriage in the Constitution. This is a housekeeping measure that I am voting yes for because gay marriage has been legitimized by the Supreme Court, therefore rendering any kind of state action on the issue moot. And this is just cleaning up the state constitution to take out the definition of marriage as being between a man and a woman, because that's not how it is anymore. So yes on that measure K modifying constitutional election deadlines. This seems like a no big deal, saying like, oh, let's just give the clerk of courts another week to get their work done so they can get the.
Speaker 7: Ballots out in time.
Speaker 5: That is a big fat no for me because it limits the times that citizens have to gather signatures to get their ballot issues on the ballot in the first place. And with technology, there's no reason for the clerk of court in any county to need more time. There's no reason for the Secretary of State to need more time. They can figure it out. So I'm no on modifying constitutional election deadlines. Now we get down to Amendment seventy nine. This not only codifies abortion rights into the Constitution, it also says taxpayers will pay for other people's abortions.
Speaker 7: And that's where I have a real real issue.
Speaker 5: So even if you're pro choice, I hope you would understand why it would be patently offensive to use the tax dollars of people who believe that every life is sacred to pay for abortions that they find to be murder And.
Speaker 7: So that's a no for me.
Speaker 5: I do believe that is going to pass because Colorado has never voted to limit abortion.
Speaker 7: Well, maybe they have in the past, they have.
Speaker 5: It in the recent past, but I hope that enough people say, wait a minute, I'm for women being able to choose, but I'm not down with making other people taxpayers pay for it. So no on Amendment seventy nine, Amendment eighty the right school choice, I am a yes on this, but I think that the people who are worried about this amendment being used by government to interject themselves into private schools, into homeschool and communities in other ways is valid. I think it's a valid concern. However, the Board of Education, the state Board of Education, is increasingly hostile to school choice. Districts all over the state are increasingly hostile to school choice, and by passing Amendment eighty, we then codify into law the right of parents to make a choice about their children's education.
Speaker 7: And I think that's too important to not.
Speaker 5: Just take a swing at it and hope that we can put some meat on the bones of this later that does not involve interrupting or interfering with private school and homeschool communities. I know that government always takes advantage of this stuff, so it's going to be interesting to see how it gets sort of decided. But I am a yes on Amendment eighty Measure JJ retain additional sports betting tax revenue. This is a detaboring of sports betting revenue. And you know what, everybody loves to say, You know what, can we just keep the extra money that the casinos pay because casinos are evil and they have lots of money, and we just think we should keep their money.
Speaker 7: No, No, we cannot.
Speaker 5: This is another chance for government to take money that they do not they do not deserve. We have plenty of money in Colorado government plenty, but they keep spending it, and they keep spending it in such a way that they're going to need more in the future, and I'm not willing to give it to them. So no on Measure JJ, Measure KK Firearms and Ammunition excise tax.
Speaker 7: That is a big, fat no from me. This is another opportunity to.
Speaker 5: Disarm people at the lower socioeconomic end of the of the sphere here, because by raising taxes on firearms and ammunition, you make it less affordable for people who may live in high crime areas to be able to protect themselves. This is an anti gun measure disguised as a tax measure. No firm no, absolutely no Measure one seven to prohibit bobcat links and mountain lion hunting.
Speaker 7: Big fat no. We don't need more biology at the ballot box.
Speaker 5: We see how well the wolf every introduction is going, and the last thing we need is more mountain lions running around, fighting with each other and appearing in our neighborhoods. So no on that Measure one twenty one Parole eligibility for crimes of violence. This would require that people's sentence to certain types of violent crime to serve at least eighty five percent of their sentence before being eligible for parole. It all so ads a three strikes you're out provision. If you get convicted of three of these violent felonies, you are not eligible for parole anymore. And I am a solid yes on this. I don't know who could be a no on keeping violent people out of society for even longer. Yes, Measure one twenty nine establishing a veterinary professional associates.
Speaker 7: I am yes on this.
Speaker 5: I realize that a lot of veterinarians and veterinary agencies or associations are against this, but this would kind of be the equivalent of what we have now in medical practices for humans, where you either meet with a physician's assistant or a nurse practitioner to do your basic care. But if something more significant, like surgical procedures, all of that stuff has.
Speaker 7: To be done, it would be done by a veterinarian.
Speaker 5: But this creates a position between veterinary tech and veterinarian that could possibly take some of the pressure off are overworked veterinarians.
Speaker 7: They view it as competition.
Speaker 5: I think it would be an awesome opportunity for them to expand their practice. But hey, whatever, all right, I'm gonna I'm gonna We're not even through you guys, the state ballid initiatives. I'm gonna take a breath and a break and be back with the rest of those and the Denver ballot initiatives when we get back. Measure one thirty one, excuse me, let me go back here. Measure one thirty funding for law enforcement. This is a big one and it does not require tax increase, but it does require a three hundred and fifty million dollar injection from the general fund in order to shore up law enforcement. After the last few years of Democrats aggressively going after law enforcement and making them part of the problem, now they're all like, oh wow, we need more cups. We've got to do something. So this particular injection of cash would be given in the form of grants to local law enforcement agencies I prove officer recruitment, training, and retention. It would also require the state to provide a one time, one million dollar death death benefit to the family of each state and local law enforcement officer killed in the line of duty, and the state would be required to maintain that benefit even after the initial three hundred and fifty million dollar fund is depleted.
Speaker 7: I'm a yes on this.
Speaker 5: I'm a yes Measure one thirty one establishing all candidate primary and rank choice voting general elections.
Speaker 7: I said this on the show the other day.
Speaker 5: I'm a yes on this because I am not happy with the way our system works now, and I think that this is a great opportunity to allow people who run solid, positive idea and solution oriented campaigns to get votes from people that otherwise would feel like, well, it would to waste my vote on that person. It works like this, there's a primary with everybody on the primary ballot one ballot. So if you're an independent, you're a Republican, you're a Democrat, you all get to vote, and you get to vote one time in the primary, just one vote, and the top four vote getters go through to the general election. In the general election, you will rank them like this, one, two, three, and four that if you don't want to vote for four or ranked four, you can just vote for one. If you do choose to rank them one, two, three, four, and your candidate does not make it out of the first one, they go to your second place choice. Now, somebody asked me a question that I'm going to find out the answer to. They said, what if your second choice vote has already been eliminated in the first round. Well, they've already been eliminated because the bottom vote getter will be eliminated. So I'm guessing that that round your second place vote doesn't even matter.
Speaker 7: But I'm going to find out. What we're doing now clearly sucks. So I'm open for that.
Speaker 5: If you want me to talk more with people that are extremely knowledgeable, I can have them on the show about ranked choice voting. Last, but not least, do I have to ironup time to go through all the Denver issues. Here's what I'm gonna do tomorrow. I will go through the Denver issues. We'll talk about the Broomfield issues, and we'll go from there. If you have something that you want me to weigh in on and it's not on the voter Guide, because I didn't do everything, because my goodness, there's a lot of stuff in this voter guide, a lot of stuff.
Speaker 7: Email me the.
Speaker 5: Specifics, the specific initiative, whatever it is, and I will add it. I am not adding a bunch of candidates because that is too complicated. There are too many races. So you're gonna have to figure that out for yourself. Now, when we get back, we've got a lot of stories for the two minute drill. We have to talk about what's happening in Israel right now. Israel basically, like here's my vision, I'm gonna stand up so Kover will get to enjoy this, Like right now in Israel, Benjamin Dettnaw who reads and he gets the paper. Maybe gets the paper, I don't know, maybe he reads it online and he reads how Joe Biden is going to talk to him about a ceasefire and Lebanon, and Benjamin just stands up and waves the middle fingers like, yeah, we no longer matter to Israel right now and I'm here for it. They're getting ready to roll into Lebanon. We'll talk about that in the next hour as well.
Speaker 7: Plus, oh my gosh, I got so many stories on the blog, I'm not even gonna get through to it. Oh so, could.
Speaker 5: Hunt people make the Republican Party cool? We got to talk about that because that is now a thing. And I mentioned this when people ask me what's the difference between the RNC and the DNC, One of the things that I have to say is the people at the RNC were far more attractive than the people at the DNC. Now that wasn't to say there weren't attractive people at the DNC, because there were, but overall, just as a general percentage, the RNC people were way better looking than the yeah than the DNC.
Speaker 7: And that could be the thing that helps Republicans. We'll get into a that the.
Speaker 1: Next hour KOA eight fifty AM ninety four to one FM. The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell, Andy con On KOA eight fifty am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four one FM.
Speaker 3: So god watty three Bandy Connell keeping.
Speaker 2: A real sad thing. The two minute drill at two. Hey, we're going too many warris rerapid fire stories of the day that we don't have more time for her triple Let's call this so we'll take longer than two minutes. Are Here's Mandy Connalls.
Speaker 7: All right, my friends, we got lots of stuff to talk about, including this. Drinking.
Speaker 5: Alcohol is linked to six types of cancer. Experts say it is toxic and no amount of alcohol is for the body. Apparently, more than five percent of all cancer cases are caused by drinking. It is one of the three modifiable risk cancers, which means things you can change to reduce your chance of getting cancer. Alcohol is the third biggest behind obesity and cigarette smoking. It's time to talk about how alcohol can lead to certain types of cancer of the head and neck, esophageal, squamous cell carcinoma, and breast, colorectal, liver, and stomach cancers. Guys, it's time to realize that cancer isn't just something that happens to everyone. Some people are more likely to get it than others. But the reality is lifestyle choices have an impact, and all of these things are things you can change.
Speaker 11: Too.
Speaker 5: So this is an interesting new thing to worry about if you've got an electric vehicle. Vehicles that are in homes that have been flooded by salt water are finding out that salt water and lithium batteries do not mix.
Speaker 7: It can damage the battery.
Speaker 5: Components, potentially leading to dangerous chemical reactions that could cause the vehicle to catch fire.
Speaker 7: Now, authorities in Florida.
Speaker 5: Are saying, look, if you left electric vehicles behind when you evacuated, you've got to let local emergency services know because then when they respond to your house being on fire, they need to know why it could be on fire, because that is a completely different kind of fire to fight. Does make you think that if you live near saltwater, maybe an electric car isn't the best choice for you.
Speaker 11: It too.
Speaker 5: This next story is just sad on so many levels. So the Alexander Mountain Fire in Larimer County, which started on July twenty ninth and ended up burning almost ten thousand acres, was started by one man. And this is where it gets really, really sad and pathetic. So Jason Alexander Hobby, a forty nine year old Loveland man, faces charges of first degree are send, two counts of impersonating a peace officer, felony, menacing, false imprisonment, and impersonating a public servant.
Speaker 7: He started the fires so he could be the hero.
Speaker 5: Now, I have known people like this in my life who so desperately wanted to be part of something important and bigger than them that they've pretended to be things they aren't. There's a very stolen valor sort of feel to this when they found when they went to his house to search his house, they found all kinds of T shirts and firefighter gear and everything else you could possibly imagine for a guy who wasn't at all a firefighter. So now this man destroyed ten thousand acres structures, put people out of their homes for about a week and a half, all because he wanted to.
Speaker 7: Be seen as a hero.
Speaker 5: You guys, that is like the saddest, most pathetic personality defect I've ever heard.
Speaker 7: And now he's probably gonna.
Speaker 2: Go to jail for it too.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna say this to JBS in Greeley. JBS Foods meatpacking Plant in Greeley needs to tighten themselves up, because we already know that animal rights activists are trying to get the meatpacking plant in Denver shut down for specious reasons.
Speaker 7: They don't have much to do with them.
Speaker 5: They're coming after JBS next, especially after a bunch of Haitian immigrants were lord. They say they were lured to the plant with promises that the plant would help them find a place to live, and when they get there, they're finding out that that place to live, according to these migrants, was eight or ten people inside of one motel room. The union alleges that as many forty people lived in one hotel room.
Speaker 7: And I'm just going to say this.
Speaker 5: When I lived in Southwest Florida, I saw a migrant worker housing in Mochallely, Florida, and it was the most horrifying thing I've ever seen in my life. Imagine a single wide trailer with like forty or fifty peeople living in it.
Speaker 7: So this is like kind of tracks for me, like I believe this could be happening.
Speaker 5: But right now, when meat packing and just generally eating meat are under constant attack in this state, they need to get it together, they say. JBS says they fired their HR managers to make sure that people are Let me, let me read this actual statement. We have put new HR leaders in place at the facility and added new recruitment training programs to ensure our teams follow JBS's strict hiring compliance policies. Any allegations of poor living conditions are unacceptable and upsetting, So what are they going to do about it? They better do something about it now. It too good news everybody. Kamala Harris went to the border last Friday. Yes, and at the border of which she is, the borders are. She told everybody that.
Speaker 7: As soon as she was elected, she was going to do something about this illegal immigrant business. That's it, that's the whole story, because you know, she's at four years and hasn't done anything, so really it's just like a whole stupid thing that's happening right now, and they don't really expect her to do anything. About that. So that's that's the whole story. That's all you need to know too. And finally, I have a story that is wait, hang on, I didn't grab it right, the coolest thing made in Colorado. Now I've talked about this contest. I think it's super cool. This is the first time I've ever actually owned a product that.
Speaker 5: Was named the coolest product in Colorado, and it is. It is the DNA Vibe. It is a red light therapy machine that I have been using now to treat my torn meniscus and my torn cartilage in my knee. And I don't know if it's fixing it, but I will tell you this. It takes away the pain. And now it has been named the coolest thing made in Colorado. You should read about it if you have you know, arthritis pain, stuff like that. This thing is amazing and I don't know if it's really working like it could be the Placibo effect. I have no clue, but it's working. So if it's just a Placibo, I'm doing it. But now it is one the coolest thing made in Colorado. That, my friends, is your two minute drill. I do want to talk about this story next because I think it's kind of interesting. Newsweek magazine, which is no longer a magazine. I don't think they actually publish, They just have their thing online. Newsweek magazine actually did an article the headline how hot girls became the rights new obsession.
Speaker 7: Now that in and of itself is stupid. Vacouver.
Speaker 5: When did you lose as a man? When did you lose your taste for hot women?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: When did you stop being able to appreciate hot women? When did that happen for you?
Speaker 6: Wow, this seems like a question is going to get me in trouble.
Speaker 5: Well, you're not running around chasing them. I'm just talking about appreciating hot women. When did you lose that as a dude?
Speaker 6: I don't think you lose it?
Speaker 5: Correct, That is a core answer. My husband will be on his deathbed and he'll be in a coma and a super hot nurse will walk in and he will immediately be like, Hello, men do not lose their love of hot women.
Speaker 7: But Newsweek, listen to this. This is hilarious. It all began with Sidney Sweeney's cleavage.
Speaker 5: In March, the twenty seven year old actress hosted Saturday Night Live for the first time, wearing low cut outfits during the start and clothes of the show, which featured a number of jokes about her physical appearance, including a sketch where she played a Hooters waitress. At the time, Sweeney's appearance sparked much discourse and was lauded by a number of right wing commentators as the death of woke.
Speaker 7: The actress had become a so.
Speaker 5: Called conservative hot girl, a pin up for the modern day right wing movement as it attempts to expand the appeal of conservatism beyond the confines of its largely older, white male.
Speaker 7: We'll get into the rest of this later, but it's just hilarious.
Speaker 5: That all of a sudden, if you're a hot woman, you're somehow just gonna be objectified by the right. I actually think this is the key to the Republican Party's future, Republicans daring to like to look.
Speaker 7: At hot girls. I know it's crazy, right, It's so crazy. The conservative hot girl isn't a particularly new phenomena. Victoria can, an.
Speaker 5: Associated professor at the University of East Anglia in the UK, told Newsweek women have been positioned through the lens of masculinist imagery and conservative populist politics for a very long time.
Speaker 7: That's because people like to look at hot women. Guess what newslash women like to look at hot women not in a sexual way. Well, I can appreciate a woman who has put it all together. It looks great. I'm also that woman in the batht It was like, dang, you look good. So this is really really funny.
Speaker 5: I want to answer some of these text messages very very quickly, Mandy. I thought regen rev took care of all your knee pain. I have an actual injury, and I went to regen Revolution first and they were like, Mandy, we can't fix this. But regen Revolution also uses red light therapy. So I'm not going rogue here. I'm just saying, you know, I'm gonna throw everything at a kind of person. I'm also going to physical therapy to take care of my torn medial meniscus and my torn cartilage under my kneecap.
Speaker 7: So let's see here, Mandy.
Speaker 5: Every man knows the sound of a woman in heels walking on a herd surface, and we all look it's in the male DNA. Men are visual creatures, and I think one of the things that I try to impart to young women about relationships if they ask for my advice, and sometimes they do, is that men are going to look right, even if you're in a series relationship with someone you love, men are going to look and my husband and I I mean sometimes I will literally go, did you see that? You know if somebody walks by and the girls are out, you know what I mean, like, did you see this?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 7: Of course I saw it. It's like you're an amateur everything. I didn't see that, Mandy.
Speaker 5: I was watching ENNISNL with Sydney Sweeney. All I said, with some excitement was, boobs are back my wife's side. My daughter might have been mortified. Yeah, your daughter, Your daughter was mortified. I can assure you of that, sir.
Speaker 3: Uugh.
Speaker 5: I want to be objective by women on the right, says this texter. I can't think of basically any women in the Fox lineup I wouldn't want to have keep me in their basement. They're all hotties. And that, my friends, is what the women at the Republican National Convention looked at. And here's where I'm proposing Republicans lean in right, become the party of the hot people, become the party where everyone at a party looks good, become that person.
Speaker 7: Become that party.
Speaker 5: Because even if people are not attractive, they want to believe they're attractive, and they want to hang out with people that they believe are attractive. This is one of the things that a lot of Republicans in Colorado not the party because they're useless. But Republicans in Colorado are like, how can we make our party fun and funny and entertaining again? And I'm telling you right now, hot women and the Babylon be those are the keys to success for the Republican Party. All throw in hot men to whatever is fine. Those are the keys to success. You have to make your party a party that people want to be a part of. And it sounds really surface and really shallow.
Speaker 7: And I know that there are many of you out there who are eye rolling, like this is so ridiculous. Trust me on this.
Speaker 5: I have in my lifetime seen really miserable people successfully attract other peace people because they simply hung out with really attractive people in their circle.
Speaker 7: And everybody wants to be a part of that. So why not use it? Just because you've ordered doesn't mean you can't look at the menu. Thank you, sir. Thank you very much, sir. That's exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Uh, Cooper, has your wife ever caught you, you know, taking a look at someone.
Speaker 6: I'm sure she has. It's been a while though.
Speaker 5: So my favorite story of Chuck and I were sitting at a restaurant. We were in Beaver Creek. It was mud season, so there wasn't a lot of people there, right, so we walk in. The hostess walks over and seats us. She is a young woman, she is generously endowed, and the girls are out.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 7: About twenty minutes later, she comes over to the table right next to ours, leans over forward, and begins to rub the table.
Speaker 5: Okay, she's three to four feet to the side. Chuck, of course, you know, looks over there, and when he looks back at me, I'm scaring at him.
Speaker 7: And as she walks away, he just looks at me and goes, they were right there. And I couldn't argue with that. I was while they were they I mean, they were right there. Anyway, when we.
Speaker 5: Get back, we're gonna shift gears a little bit. We've got to talk about what's happening in Israel right now.
Speaker 12: It is.
Speaker 7: What they're Wow, that's next.
Speaker 5: Some stuff happened in Israel and Lebanon over the weekend that is significant in demonstrating how far the United States of America has fallen as an influential.
Speaker 7: Part of the world.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 5: Israel over the last several weeks has in very surgical fashion, very surgical fashion, degraded and destroyed Hesbela's entire upper management deck.
Speaker 7: I mean, they've taken out, you guys, like twenty five people in the highest levels of HESBLA, including over the weekend, Hazan Israla, the leader hasibula for decades, but they're not stopping there.
Speaker 5: Even as President Joe Biden. I mean, I'm guessing he said it. It could have been someone sitting with a hand up his back like they were talking with a ventriloqus dummy. I don't know, because dude is obviously not capable of being president, but yet here he is. So the President Biden is said.
Speaker 7: What we're getting with our world partners, and we're asking, we're we're proposing a ceasefire between Lebanon and Israel in order to use.
Speaker 5: Diplomacy to ratchet things down before things get bigger in the region.
Speaker 7: And you know what, Israel did no, we're good.
Speaker 5: Israel instead is massing troops and tanks and people on the border of Lebanon, which is their northern border. So if you've never seen him out of Israel, it's very skinny, right, It's a very skinny state. And at the very top you have the border with Lebanon, and then it goes down and you have the border with Syria. Now I've been into these borders in Israel. What we can't really wrap our heads around is that for I don't know how many miles, maybe a mile, half mile around the border, I should ask my nephew this to get better statistics for you. But about a half mile up to the border, it is covered with land mines. Like there's signs everywhere that say if you go off this road.
Speaker 7: You can step on a landline and die. Pretty much, that's what they're going to tell you.
Speaker 6: So it's not like this.
Speaker 7: Border is an open border.
Speaker 5: It's already very well protected because of all the land mines. But Israel is massing troops and tanks on Lebanon's border. At the same time, they have been carrying out small targeted raids into southern Lebanon, gathering intelligence and probing and ahead of a possible wider ground incursion. And what this says is that it doesn't matter what Joe Biden says. Israel has decided they're going to fight this fight until it's over.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: We haven't heard a peep out of Hamas in the last what several weeks now, because Hamas is like four guys in a tunnel with a Wuiji board trying to figure out how to get.
Speaker 7: Out of it.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 5: I mean, Hamas has been utterly and completely degraded in terms of their capabilities on attacking Israel going forward, and they are going to do the exact same thing with Hesbela.
Speaker 7: They've been destroying tunnels.
Speaker 5: They have demonstrated to Hesbela that not only do they have eyes and ears everywhere, they know exactly where these people are. The Biden administration is from the Wall Street Journal. The Biden administration expects an imminent Israeli invasion of Lebanon. US officials said much of the fighting is expected to take place along the Israeli Lebanese border, though there is concern in Washington that the war could expand geographically and last longer than a short term campaign and Israeli officials said that if there were to be a broader ground operation, it would feature and this is a quote, localized limited raids against Hesbela targets along the border with the objective of destroying the capabilities of the road wind forces that's the militant group Special Operations Unit. Israeli forces assess that the group is making preparations for an attack as Amstad before October seventh, including positioning closed weapons and other materials along the border, and Israel's basically like, you know what, Nope, We're.
Speaker 7: Not doing that again. And the most fascinating part of this entire story about what happened over the weekend is that the people of Lebanon, who, by the way, are completely freaked out because now they know Israel has been woven into Lebanese society.
Speaker 5: And another part of this whole thing that we're not talking about is in the north of Lebanon, hesbel is not in control. So in the north of Lebanon people were celebrating, they were partying when they heard in Israla was killed.
Speaker 7: They were excited because.
Speaker 5: This guy's a butcher, he's a horrible people who's oppressed the people of Lebanon for decades now. So there's this group of people in Lebanon in the north that are like, yes, let's get rid of Hesbelah.
Speaker 7: They suck.
Speaker 5: And then the southern part of Lebanon is completely taken over and run by Hesbela. So what's happening now is that the citizens in Beirut and other places in the south of Lebanon are trying to leave. They're trying to go right, They're trying to flee north, only be finding out when they get north that these people are like, yeah, you bring in Hesbela with you because we're not interested.
Speaker 7: So listen to this story. So this story is from a.
Speaker 5: Lebanese reporter who says that the people of Lebanon are not mad. They're not venting their anger at Israel. They want to know who've rated out Nazraala. Lebanese citizens held a demonstration in Beirut, with dozens of young people standing in the street, holding Lebanese flags and remaining silent.
Speaker 7: Although they are still afraid of Hesbela operatives.
Speaker 5: Their goal is to convey a message to the world that Lebanon will remain Lebanon with or without the terrorists organization and its leaders who have been eliminated. What's interesting to discover that the people pointed fingers at Iran, not at Israel. They abandon him, they said, in Beirut, Nezraala was revered in Tehran's supreme leader Ali Kamani, brought him closer, made him an ally, and abandon him. Kamani, so the supporters claimed, has a habit of abandoning his allies. First he abandoned Ismael Heimiea, then all of Gaza, and now Nesrali.
Speaker 7: Why do I share that with you? Because does it matter?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: It matters.
Speaker 5: So big One has been the big saber rattler. They've been the ones arming the Huthis and Hesbela and Amas.
Speaker 7: They've been very.
Speaker 5: Happy to let their proxies take the hit. But then when their proxies are taking the hit, where is Iran?
Speaker 7: Nowhere? As a matter of fact, Iran's like uh yeah, They're like, you know, Hesbul is calling like ring ring, ring ring.
Speaker 5: Iran picks up, They're like, hey, this is hesbla. Aron's like rong number and hangs up. I mean, I don't know if it actually happens like that, It kind of feels like it should so now the people of Lebanon are like who betrayed Hesbla. Conspiracy theories are circulating, with one of them claiming that the Iranians betrayed him to reach a new nuclear agreement with the Americans. According to this theory, the Iranians lied to Nazraala that the fighting against Israel would not last long, but.
Speaker 7: Gave him up to the Israelis.
Speaker 5: Some believe it was the Syrian intelligence officers who led Israel to Nezrala. Either way, someone betrayed Hesbela and Israel was able to discover the exact location of the organization's leadership. Somehow Israel managed to discover the location and the participants of the secret meeting. Now, somebody on Twitter posted a story earlier and I didn't have time to grab it.
Speaker 7: And put it on the blog.
Speaker 5: But it's from two years ago, in twenty twenty two. In twenty twenty two, Iran had created a special basically a department that was in charge of looking for Israeli spies in the ways that Israel has infiltrated Iran only come to find out much later the guy they hired to do that job was Masade. He was in Israeli spy. Now, I laughed and laughed when I saw that. Oh my goodness, so good, so funny. But the reality is is that no one it has blot and feel safe. And I'm okay with that. No one in Hesbela should feel like they are not the target of a potential assassination in the near future. And Israel's not stopping, and no one is going to get Israel to stop. The US has been trying to urge Israel to seek a quote diplomatic solution and keep any ground operation targeted.
Speaker 6: But guess what.
Speaker 7: The US also told Israel not to go into Rafa. You know what happened when we went into Rafa.
Speaker 5: They completely dismantled what was left of Hamas and now they've just got a bunch of rats in the tunnels that they have to go through and find.
Speaker 7: After the United States said don't do that.
Speaker 5: So now Israel, when they roll into Lebanon, they will take care of what they need to take care of.
Speaker 7: And it's widely believed.
Speaker 5: That the reason they're going into southern Lebanon is simply to disable any opportunity for Hesbela to strike Israel anymore. Because since October seventh, there has been a non stop barrage of rockets coming into northern Israel. About seventy thousand Israelis are displaced. By the way, not all of those Israelis are Jewish, some of them are Arabs, some of them are Drus, some of them are Israeli Jews. But they've been out of their homes for a year because Hesbela will not stop firing rockets at them. So Israel is looking to completely destroy the ability of Hesbela to keep.
Speaker 7: Doing those attacks. But in the process they've really.
Speaker 5: Exposed through the war against Tomas and the war against Hesbela, they have exposed to Iran as the paper tiger they are for all of the fear that the Biden administration has about Iran, And don't kid yourself, it is fear based. Every foreign policy decision that Joe Biden has made, and probably Kamala Harris has agreed with, is a decision made out of fear.
Speaker 7: And those are the worst. The withdrawal from Afghanistan made out of fear. Well, if we don't stop this war, people are going to hold this responsible.
Speaker 5: You could have stopped it without giving away billions of dollars of weapons to the Taliban, and this is what this is. We're afraid that this is going to start a larger conflagration in the Middle East. Another interesting thing, I don't have this on the blog, but I saw it earlier today. One of the big cheeses in Saudi Arabia, one of the princes who's in charge there, was asked about the Palestinian situation, and he was like, I don't really care. I don't have an opinion. I'm still recognizing Israel. We're still doing business with Israel. Saudi Arabia has not closed its airspace to Israeli jets.
Speaker 7: Saudi Arabia doesn't care. So it's going to be really interesting to watch how all of this pans out in the next few days. But I saw a video the other day.
Speaker 12: That was.
Speaker 7: Really telling.
Speaker 5: From balcony of an apartment in Tel Aviv, and it was just video of rockets coming into Tel Aviv being taken out by the Iron Dome. Right, So you see you see the rocket incoming and then you see a big explosion.
Speaker 7: And by the way, when there's an explosion.
Speaker 5: All that shrapnel falls down out of the sky. So there are places all over Israel where You'll be walking through the street and they'll be like shrapnel from rockets on the ground. But the most interesting thing about this was the conversation that was happening in the apartment as the rockets.
Speaker 7: Are being fired.
Speaker 5: It was like, so, what do you want to have for dinner? I don't know, what do you want to do for dinner? Kids are playing in the background. It was like the same conversation you have with your spouse when you get home from work, only there are rockets being fired directly at their apartment the whole time, and they're just like, well, you.
Speaker 7: Know, I don't know if we want to do this? Do you want to go? I mean, it's just bizarre.
Speaker 5: We cannot even begin to wrap our heads around what the people of Israel lived through on a daily basis.
Speaker 7: So for anyone in the United States to say anything about.
Speaker 5: How Israel's executing this war is just ridiculous. Because let me tell you something, if Mexico started hurling rockets every day for a year at Tucson, Arizona, you better believe that we would respond in kind, and we would respond brutally. And then when the news media showed up and said, you guys killed all these Mexican people. All they were doing was ineffectively firing rockets at you.
Speaker 7: And you killed them all.
Speaker 5: We would be very, very upset that you were trying to tell us how to take care of our business.
Speaker 7: And yet that's what we've done with Israel for years.
Speaker 5: Luckily though, for Israel, they've decided that if everyone in the world is going to hate them anyway, which apparently that's what's happening. You look at college campuses, in the anti semitism in the United States of America, you look at the anti semitism in the United States Congress. Why in the world would you give a crap what any other nation was going to say about you when you have the opportunity to once and for all, definitively destroy the people who are trying to destroy you. If you've already got a bad rap internationally, go ahead and take care of business. And that, I think is what's happening, and I think it's a good strategy. You know, people don't understand that there are still people in Israel.
Speaker 7: Who lived through the Holocaust. They still remember and they remember.
Speaker 5: That no one came to save them until six million people were murdered by the Nazis. No one came, and they're not going to let that happen again. Whether the Nazis or German, or the Nazis are Arab, they're not going to let that happen again. This isn't just some you know, way to flex, way to show your your muscle.
Speaker 7: This is life or.
Speaker 5: Death from a people that truly experience life and death in World War Two, and they have not forgotten that.
Speaker 7: They will never forget that. I hope, I hope these young.
Speaker 5: Kids living in Israel appreciate what's going on right now, even as it makes their life a living hell. Standing there talking about dinner, watching the rockets fly at you. I mean, I can't even imagine, Just can't even imagine. All right, So that is on the blog today.
Speaker 7: Don't forget.
Speaker 5: If you just joined us, and you join us later on in the show then others. I have put out my voter guide. It is the first thing in today's blog. You can just find it right there, entrance number one. And if you have something that you'd like me to look into, not candidates, because there are too many candidates and I can't do a deep dive.
Speaker 7: So I'm trusting you to just choose that on your own.
Speaker 5: That being said, if there are other issues that you want me to look into, you can email me up.
Speaker 7: Put my email address at the bottom of the voter guide. So there you go.
Speaker 5: Right now, we are going to check out what is going on at Sporty Pickle Arn Grill as that is where KOA Sports is going to be broadcasting from this afternoon, Ryan Edwards, you out they're playing some pickleball.
Speaker 13: Yet not yet, but I'm sure there'll be an opportunity somewhere in one of the breaks to uh find out if I even know what I'm doing out there.
Speaker 14: But yeah, but you know, again, it's.
Speaker 13: Not like I'm opposed to embarrassing myself in front of a lot of people, obviously for multi reasons throwing out the first pitch, which, by the way, you did a great job and I don't know if I ever congratulated you on that.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, this is one of those deals.
Speaker 13: Where, yeah, at some point I'm gonna have to probably go do that. I'm sure we have promotions here to film a video of it to make me look silly.
Speaker 7: You know what. Here's the thing, though, Ryan, here's what you have going for you.
Speaker 5: Nobody looks tough playing pickleball, right, No one looks like like a badass. It's I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a fun sport, but it's essentially elevated ping pong, so a tough thing.
Speaker 7: You don't have to worry about it because everybody.
Speaker 6: Looks like that.
Speaker 13: Okay, well you know what, I feel better about my decision in the future to do that.
Speaker 2: Now there you go.
Speaker 7: I'm here for you.
Speaker 5: But now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio of its kind in the world of the day. And you always look tough to in that rinds. Always always Today's dad joke of the day, please Cooper, all right.
Speaker 8: Our dad joke of the day is did you hear about the archaeologist that got fired?
Speaker 6: No, Howa's career is in ruins?
Speaker 7: Oh wow, well yeah, I bet he didn't dig it he tired. Ah, double dad joke, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: What is our uh?
Speaker 7: What is our word of the day? Please?
Speaker 2: Tribulation?
Speaker 7: Oh, tribulation is a challenge that you have to face.
Speaker 6: Yeahs and tribulation Yeah, yep, you go.
Speaker 7: Okay, what is our tribute question?
Speaker 5: It is this and I Honestly, in my whole life, I have never pondered this question, and I don't know if I have an answer for it, but I'm gonna ask in anyway, how does an oyster eat?
Speaker 7: Ryan Edwards?
Speaker 14: How does an oyster eat?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 5: I mean, does it have a little mouth? Does this stick its mouth out of the shell? How does this happen?
Speaker 14: That's a fantastic question. I need to know the answer now.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 5: The answer is oysters filter water through their gills. As they do so, they extract algae, plankton, and other food particles from the water.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 7: Now you know how oysters eat. I'm gonna have oysters tonight.
Speaker 2: By the way, I love oysters.
Speaker 12: I do too.
Speaker 5: I'm having some tonight, looking forward to it. All right, what is our jeopardy category?
Speaker 8: Our jeopardy category today is pay respects?
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, here's question number one.
Speaker 8: At his twenty eighteen funeral, his son said he was the brightest of a thousand.
Speaker 6: Points of light.
Speaker 7: His sun night.
Speaker 2: When what year twenty eighteen?
Speaker 11: Ryan?
Speaker 6: Yes? Who's George Bush?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: Oh dang, that was so obvious. I'm so stupid. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Question two.
Speaker 8: Many funeral homes suggest keeping this to five minutes or less.
Speaker 7: Manny, Yes, what are eulogies? Yes, yep, all right?
Speaker 8: Question number three or nineteen ninety seven funeral included a song with the revised lyrics Goodbye ing Rose.
Speaker 14: I think I got there, Princess. Who's PRIs Dianna?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 7: I like the way you just give yourself the win there, Ryan, when you when you just look you leg you would look you legit did go first?
Speaker 6: So right? Question four two to one Ryan.
Speaker 8: Pollen found in burial caves used by these ancient humans named for a German valley suggests flowers were.
Speaker 6: Laid with their dead.
Speaker 7: Manny, who are the pharaohs? No, dang it? Back to zero.
Speaker 6: I got nothing Neanderthals.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, did not see that coming? All right?
Speaker 6: All right? Last question in the underworld goddess mitchet shooty. Of course, of course, no idea how to say that, because I was I'm just.
Speaker 8: Guessing this celebration was moved to coincide with All Saints Day and.
Speaker 7: All souls the fanny, what is Halloween? No dang it, Minus, I think I know what it is.
Speaker 2: I'll say, what is Day of the Dead?
Speaker 7: Yes, oh, Mandy, you moron? Well done? Ryan, Edwards, Well done.
Speaker 5: What do you guys have coming up on KA Sports from the Sporty Pickle Bar and Grill.
Speaker 7: Where are you? Oh? What's that location again?
Speaker 14: I'm glad you asked.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 14: Yes, it is a half mile north of E four seventy on Peoria.
Speaker 6: We are thrilled to be here.
Speaker 14: And by the way, you come on down here. You mentioned big Al. You get a free twenty ounce of beer.
Speaker 13: We're gonna be given away Broncos Raiders tickets, so plenty of reasons to come down here. Of course, it's a victory Monday. I'm wearing my victory flannel, which can only mean good things. So we're very excited to be here.
Speaker 7: All right, there you go. That is Ryan Edwards.
Speaker 5: They are broadcasting live from the Sporty Pickle Bar and Grill. We'll be back tomorrow and let me do this real quick because I know I have some guests. Oh, we got Thomas Fryar Futurists coming up tomorrow, looking forward to that. And we're going to talk about a teacher that was fired because he says he said America is the greatest country in the world. We're going to get into all that keep it right here. In the meantime, on Koa