Speaker 1: We should read our bibles as men dig for buried treasure.
Speaker 2: One of the most high game of the nations their inheritance. When He divided mankind, he fixed the borders of people's according to the number of the sons of God.
Speaker 1: In those days and for some time after, giant Nephilites lived down to the earth. For whenever the sons of God had intercourse with women, they gave birth to children who became the heroes and famous warriors.
Speaker 3: Of ancient tides.
Speaker 1: Take no part in the fruitless steeds of darkness, but yet expose that though a.
Speaker 3: Thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you these years, we are not touching.
Speaker 4: Lives of garden man.
Speaker 2: You gotta dig it. Hell, old fellow treasure hunters, welcome to the excavation side. I'mus in alongside, and when we got Ben Steve even in Chad will be your guides on this excursion.
Speaker 4: Hope you brought your shovel in your compass, because we got the map.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: What's going on, all my local guys and gals and long distance pals.
Speaker 4: We're back. Did you guys miss me.
Speaker 1: So much, so so much?
Speaker 2: You had a little bit of technical issues without me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it wouldn't because of me.
Speaker 5: But I tried to get Stephen to say your intro, but he wouldn't it.
Speaker 4: Oh, you didn't want to steal my line. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: That's yours, buddy, that's pat that's you all.
Speaker 4: That's patented.
Speaker 2: Well, man, I'm telling you what it's like in Tennessee. You know, be on the shadow of a doubt that mother nature is a woman and cannot make its mind up.
Speaker 4: Last week it.
Speaker 2: Was like seventy five eighty degrees and then out of nowhere it plumpts to like twenty and we got Steven over here. The guy from Michigan bundled up, like what's that guy's name again?
Speaker 4: Uncle un Uncle.
Speaker 5: Eddie, sitting next to a kerosene heater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's still enough.
Speaker 2: Got his leather weld and gloves on and everything. Well, you guys have fun with Vicky Joy despite the technical issues worked out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm glad that all the audio and everything worked out.
Speaker 4: That's good. Well, I guess the open up in prayer.
Speaker 2: Uh, Father, thank you for today, Thank you for the mean blessings that you've given us. We just thank you for the opportunity to sit down and dig to your word and conversate with all these great guests that you've allowed us to speak with. And we just pray that the show goes good today and that this is something new, a little bit more lighthearted, and hopefully everybody enjoys it. And uh, it's in your name, we pray, amen.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 2: Well, one thing I just wanted to like kind of add to the show and make Steven kind of cringe. I texted him the other day. I found a like a box of dad jokes.
Speaker 5: Dad jokes and are the best jokes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, I'm gonna tell some corny dad jokes or something throughout the show that I found this one, and I put a picture on Facebook of all these books I just ordered. It was like ten books I got, and so this one was pretty good. This I'm reading a book about anti gravity. It's impossible to put it down.
Speaker 3: Jez.
Speaker 5: Well, the thing about dad jokes is you don't have to enjoy them because the person telling them it's all about their own enjoyment of their own jokes.
Speaker 4: Pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make yourself laugh, yep, But don't worry.
Speaker 4: I won't give up my day job.
Speaker 2: But hopefully we got a guest here today that we'll be able to succeed in making you laugh and put a smile on your face. Today we got with us Bradstein from Bradstein has issues and the way he how you say that phrase again, Brad when you open up your show, I love it. The concofphony.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I mean, if you really would like me to give you my famous intro, It's God's coming brad Stein on brad Stein has issues where comedy conservatism in Christianita colliite a cacophony of clarity, and I don't really know if there's any way to beat that. I think I have reached the pinnacle of intros and used as many cocky words as I could find.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is amazing, and I would butcher. That's why I wanted you to do it. That's a that's a tongue twister.
Speaker 3: Well, nobody can butcher things like Southerners. I'll tell you that I'm in good hands. I'm in good hands. You can butcher it, jerk it, dry it, lay it out, barbecue it. Hey man, that's why I move down south. I need to be with my people, even though I don't have your dialect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, videos on YouTube you're talking about And it was a few years ago and it said, you know, Southern people get a bad rap.
Speaker 4: He said that accent.
Speaker 2: He said they could be the smartest guy in the room working at NASA, and he came up with an idea and it could be the best idea in the room, but.
Speaker 4: The dialect kills it.
Speaker 2: And they're like, no, Jethro, We're gonna pass on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean that's the beauty of comedy, you know. Is its purpose is to speak truth in a way that's humorous and and and of course it can. It's gonna use satire and stereotypes and caricatures, and obviously it's not always dead on it. It's maybe making fun of the way people are made fun of. But it's an important and crucial element of culture and humanity, is the comedian because we're supposedly, historically the ones that make fun of the king and they get our heads cut off. We're the ones that tell the monarch, you know better than us, and let the peasants have some kind of power. And so that's what comedy was for, and it's why the left is so destructive, right, now in not only destroying free speech in America and around the world, but comedy as well, because we're the last ones that kind of could get away with murder. So it's important that you fight for comics to be able to speak about anything, any topic, anytime, anywhere, any place, because if they can't speak, there's nobody left.
Speaker 4: Right, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's the end of free speech right there. Yeah, if it keeps going, the direction is going, you're not gonna have a job here pretty soon. It's just it's so sad.
Speaker 5: We'll have to teach them how to barbecue.
Speaker 1: I think we could do that. But in all seriousness, so that all that stuff that we've seen in the news recently with you know this comedian, you know, the whole Chris Rock thing that we saw was just it's a travesty. It's just a jab at comedians in general. And that it's just sad it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, said that they can't even say what they want to say. Then they if they say it, they got.
Speaker 4: To apologize, which is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing I love about his show. It is so unapologetic. And the thing is that I really admire you for, Brad, is that the Christian you know group as a whole, they stay away from politics. You know, it's like, you know, that's a realm they're not allowed to dive into. It's a taboo. And we're just supposed to respect the rulers that God put in place and not speak out. And I've always been really involved in politics and stuff like that. So, uh, I guess if you could just kind of walk us through how you come up with this show, what inspired you to do it and to feel that need and actually make it entertainable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, what happened was I found myself one day surrounded by a cult that had taken over my country. A cult, of course, is any ideology, philosophy, or construct that is outside of Judeo Christian worldview that created the West and gave us our freedom. The intrinsic dignity of the human being comes from the Judeo Christian ethic. It comes from no other place on Earth in history, and it gives us something that is more important than anything that could ever be uttered in humanity. And that is what is the actual, immutable, transcendent truth by which all truth derives. So one day, as a comic, I found myself locked down and imprisoned in my own home because a cult had taken over the DNA and the milieu of my country. And that cult was called Corona, And it was the use of a virus that was unleashed on the world by China to basically create fear amongst weak minded folks who don't think, don't care, don't study, don't go deep, don't observe, aren't aware, aren't sensitive to God in the Holy Spirit and truth and reality, and allowed a bureaucratic, governmental ttalitarian vision of earth to control. And I don't do that. I don't believe in that, and so but I'm kind of stuck. I mean, you know, I still went to the store, and yeah, I didn't wear a mask from day one. In twenty twenty, when the rest of the cowards in America buckled, I said, I'm not doing this. This isn't constitutional, This certainly isn't something's wrong here. And never in our history have we punished the healthy. Never our history have we shut down the free enterprise of those who choose to make their own risks and create their own risks and take their own risks. As an American not foolish, I didn't mean being foolish. If this was the Black Plague and sixty five percent of every human being from every age group was getting it in, puking black blood and dyeing the streets, yeah I'd probably join. But if you're going to tell me that this ninety nine point eight percent survival, that's essentially only going to harm people who are over seventy years old, who are obese and have a precondition, And I'm going to destroy my freedom for that. I'm not doing it. I'm not playing. So I got on my Facebook page out of boredom. I thought to myself, and if you've been around long enough as a Christian and as a performer, you don't take your press seriously. So I'm literally thinking, I'm no buddy. I'm just some guy that does comedy, have been doing comedy, but I'm nobody. But I'm bored. What would happen if I got on Facebook Live and just talk, just for something to do, and I did grab my little laptop, set it all my lap, probably legitimately, if not just on a little coffee table I remember, and just push Facebook Live and just thought, well, maybe twenty people that want to I don't know, just bored. Yeah, And I don't know, three four or five hundred people suddenly were watching me, like instantaneously, and I'm going, what is going? This is ridiculous. I was just shocked buy that I just because I'd never used Facebook, I didn't know how it worked. Frankly, I'm a techno idiot. So I did it. And I just started extemporaneously talking, didn't have any notes, didn't have any agenda, just started talking. I don't know, here's what I'm thinking about right now, guys. And I said, well, listen, I'll tell you what. How about I'll come back next Monday. We'll do it again. And I did, and there was all these folks paying attention, and finally I said, well, listen, I guess we're going to need to set a time frame so that we can be considered, you know, if you guys. And from day one, I made it very clear to the to the people that were watching, I said, listen, if you're watching me in this intest, I'm humbled by it and grateful for it. If I have something to say you think matters. But may make this very clear, I don't need this to feel good about myself. I've been in front of stages, in front of thousands and thousands and thousands of ten fifteen thousand men, in an arena, in a basketball arena. When I was a promise keeper. I've been in front of national television audiences. I've been in front of sold out comedy club boobs. I've had standing ovations. I don't need my ego stroked to say, Look, I'm on YouTube, I'm on Facebook and everybody's watching me on and I somebody. I don't need it. I have my place, I have my stage to do the thing that I enjoyed doing that God who's gifted me to do and inspired me to do. So. I'm not here to try to feel good about myself. I'm here for one reason. If what I'm saying bears fruit, If what I'm saying matters to you and you feel like it helps you, inspires you, educate you, convicts you, and you know whatever, if that's what it's doing, so it has some value, some weight, and you keep showing up. I will do if because maybe there's something here that I don't even realize is helpful to people. Because I don't think of myself as some kind of you know, some kind of genius or whatever. I'm not. I'm just me. But you have to realize that when God anoints you, you are who he says you are, now who you think you are? And so you know, am I now saying ah, I see, So you're some special anointed of God? Yeah? I am, actually, but so are you? I mean, if you know God, you're anointed for a particular territory that you've been given to be of influence. That's the point. Jesus christ last words to humans, go into all the world, make disciples of everybody, teach them. That's it. That's your reason. Do you want to know what the meaning of life is? Just gave it to you? Find God and tell others. That's it. Now you know, how do you get that? What? What?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Style of communication? What access do you have to that? What? What? How do you facilitate that? Through your skill set, through your job, through your relationships. That's your territory of influence and you're responsible for it, So go do the work. So that's the way I framed it is, I'll just I'll do this if you guys think it matters. And they kept showing up, and that is all I cared about. If they're If they're there, then there's fruit. If there's fruit, it has value. I'll just accept on on that level. Now. Prior to that, I'd had a guy in California who was interested in trying to create a podcast kind of Christian aggregate site. He called it Christian podcast Central, and he wanted to see if he could monetize it. Asked me to be on the show, and I'd say, Nah, I don't do it. It's too hard. I'm not going to get an audience. I mean to go jump into the mix of hundreds of thousands of podcasts, I'm not. I don't have that kind of you know, authority that people will find me that in compelling compared to the other people that are already out doing it. But eventually I told the guy, I'll tell you what, if you will film me kind of going off on a rant and give me a set, make it look like a TV show, more like a talk show, I'll do that because who knows, I've always been interested in that kind of style of art, is the talk show kind of stuff and talking and being funny off the cuff, but having people on it. I mean, I said, so, if you let me do that, and see if that gets anywhere, then that would be worth an investment. So we would get together and and I would write on basically organic rants about a topic. Because we had to shoot them all for costs sake, we had to film them all in two days, so I couldn't be topical. I couldn't say, hey, today, this happened. I couldn't do that because we had to shoot everything and then put it out every week on its own. So I had to make it more of just an organic topic that would be evergreen, men and women are different, marriage, whatever, stuff that would never change and not be specifically to a topic. And I filmed a bunch of those, and it was called Bradstein has Issues as an idea. And once I went over to this podcast thing, which essentially is a Facebook live YouTube live that's morphing into a podcast and finding a place to go put it so people can go listen to the audio on their own time. It was called the at Steinshow, and I thought, you know what, I think, brad Stone has Issues is a great name. It's much catch here. I like it. Let's just let's just turn this little other thing that we stopped doing into my podcast name and let that be the brand. And then if people stumble upon the old rants, it'll still be in the category that they were looking in though, and it might drive people to my podcast, and let's see what happens. And so obviously a very very very long answer to your simple question, but I'm just giving the backstory as to how I ended up in this podcast that I honestly did not have any intention of having. I just wanted something to do, and God said that got bigger plans, and.
Speaker 4: That's how it works. That's worked for us. Yeah, yeah, us.
Speaker 2: I had read Michaelhauser's Unseen Realm and wanted to expose that material to some friends and buddies at church. So I started a small group and I invited, like, you know, ten twenty people. We had four guys show up, and then three meetings later, my buddy Steve and he's like, we should be recording these and.
Speaker 4: I was like you.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, I ain't doing that. I don't know the first thing about that. And he's like, well, I know a guy so his brother's into podcasting. So we just pitched in and got the equipment and just like you said, just showed up and the people showed up and God has blessed it. I mean, it's just it's amazing. Just when he calls you stepped forward an answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're smart, because you know it'll cost you if you don't. People don't understand that a Christians Christ follows don't understand that. I made a joke about it years ago. I said, you know, being called by God is like being made in the mafia. God uses you until he kills you, and that's how it works. There is no way out, there's no way out, and you can run. And I was called twenty five years ago and didn't answer. Until the last few years now, I was a Christian and I was doing comedy and honoring God by not cursing and not doing sex jokes and maybe using biblical references and going into churches and maybe bringing some inspiration, but just the sort of understanding that this is a ministry I've been called to and just sort of leaving the stand up comedy world like that's who I am, and this is my ministry and it's delivered in the package of comedy that took me years to do because I just didn't want to, didn't want to, didn't want to be in ministry. Didn't want to do that. Just let me be a comic. I'll throw got a bone, but I don't want to do anything else. Don't have any titles put on me when I'm stuck. And what I say to people as you wake up on the beach in a whale vomit. Enough times I sit there, you say yourself, you know what, maybe maybe I'll maybe I'll head to nine of us. And so that's the key. You can't get out now. You can run, but you can't hide, and you can't be at peace because you are not following your purpose. And so that's how it ended up with me. Every single man of God he used in the Bible of significance to do hard and important work with different people with different educations, different skill sets and whatever, but they all had one attribute in common. They were all absolutely convinced they were the wrong man for the job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all broken people.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And the moment you realize I am the last guy you should be using for this because I know me, I know my sense, I know my dark places, I know my secret struggles. So I'm not worthy. So naw, you really don't want to use me for this thing? And the moment you do that, God says, oh good, So you'll get out of the way yourself so I can just jump move in and work for you, because yeah, I don't want you to think you can do jack, because you can't. That's exactly where I need you to be, so that you are an open vessel for me to facilitate what I need to say through you. And so the only thing you're asked to do is obey. That's your responsibility is I'll do it, and then let the chips fall what they may, because you're not responsible for the results. And it's difficult, especially for somebody like me who comes out of the performing arts. It's difficult to assess your success because all you know is numbers. Yeah, I went to the show and three hundred people showed up. I did the thing, and they paid me, and I went home and people clapped and they laughed, So I guess I did it right. You don't know how else to even evaluate your value. And so oftentimes in things like like this, where God is starting or launching your ministry, your specific call, it starts slowly, as it should. You're not gonna throw you right into to the to the midst with with with all this power and authority and responsibility, before you've got your feet wet, tell you understand how to do it. I mean, you don't do that in any profession. You got to you gotta be Uh, you've got to be mentored first. You you have to what do they used to call it? A Yeah, that's it. Yes, Uh that you need apprenticeship. That's exactly the word. I need to teach you first and so that you so by the time you get into the war. Uh, you you can defend yourself. You know. I don't want if I'm going to take a pilot, he's going to fly my my, my, my plane into some jungle or some difficult place to land. I don't want a guy in a sparkling, beautiful uniform and his hat's just right and he's got a new haircut and he just got out of his flight trained. Don't want that guy. I want a guy with one eye, scars on his face, grizzled where Because that fricking guy has been there, he figured it out, and he's gotten through hell and came home. I want him on my side. Yeah, what's that.
Speaker 2: You won't be in?
Speaker 3: Well, that's it. Well, I haven't seen Ben, but I'm guessing if he's a one eyed looking dude.
Speaker 1: Earlier.
Speaker 3: But you know, you want to go to war with men that have been in war. If you find if you're on a team and when the game's over, your uniform is spotless, it means you didn't do anything. You didn't play, you didn't get in. I don't want you. I want the guy with a freaking dirt and blood and half ripped off crap. That guy played he was in a war. I want that guy that's a masculine uh warrior that I need. It's why it's so crucial that masculinity is revered and lifted up in a culture that fears it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: They actually have the audac for the same people identifying it. You know, the same people that talk about identifying as this magic word that as soon as identify something, I magically am and you need to respect that. You need to respect that. You need to whether you like it or not. You whatever I say I am, you have to agreep the illusions. You have to. You have to because what I identify as is my essence and it has to be dignified. Those same people will take masculinity which is my identity, and call it toxic? What how dare you? I actually am a man? I actually really am. I was here first. Okay, if you can't pee on a treat, you ain't me, So you don't get to join, you don't get to play with us. We're real, We're the legit everything you're trying to be. I'm already am. You're trying to counterfeit what I am, and I'm already there. So I'm going to fight for those ideas. That doesn't mean that you don't be kind or that you can't be sensitive at times. That's part of being a man is learning how didn't become what you need to be for every specific moment. But the idea of someone having them in the audacity to decry my very essence as masculine, as toxic, I draw my sword against such nonsense. And why would they fear men? Because when men get together in are like minded, all we do is create things like the United States, the Constitution, airplanes, computers, and we land on the moon. That's what we do because we're essential. We were made first, and we were created to go and habit the earth, make more and use the raw materials. God gave us to make the best out of the world that he gave us.
Speaker 4: Amen, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: As I'm gonna say, you think you look back to the garden of Eden, then you know God made Adam and didn't sit there and say, well, Adam, what do you feel like today? You know you wanna you wanna wear a bikini today? Or do you want to you know wear It's just there's no He made man, right, and then he made woman from the rib.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, and like if you're talking about the garden, which is the beginning, notice what God said to do he didn't make. It wasn't a socialist Marxist arrangement. All right, I made you. Now you go sit and relax on a hammock while I feed you. He said, go tend to the garden. You got work to do. What you're gonna You're gonna work now. You get things to do, things to accomplish.
Speaker 1: People have to work, yes, real, well, some of us.
Speaker 4: I just get a check.
Speaker 1: We just see that. It's just the degradation of society is just It's one of the things that I cannot watch the news. I just can't do it because I get angry.
Speaker 4: I turned it off.
Speaker 1: I just get angry because you just see the degradation of society. There's a there was a news article that came out last week and I can't remember what state it's in, but there's the governor's put out a a grant for anybody who is transgender to get twelve hundred dollars a month as as a and they even worded it as reparations for all the struggles and hardships they've gone through. An actual and it doesn't and it says it was based on the honesty policy. So if you come forward, I could walk down there and say, well, I'm I feel like Tina today. Well here's twelve hundred bucks. But that's the society we're in right now, and that just it. Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, what I hate, honestly of that country is they incentivize ungodliness. I mean, if you think about it, with that situation you just talking about, Oh, you just claim to be transgender, you get these government funds, and then at the same time they encourage you know, broken families, A single mother gets subsidized housing, food stamps and all these things. And it's like whether and I think it's on purpose. Its designed to bust up the home. And then while people that are trying to live, you know, good whole, godly lives, getting married and creating families, you know, they don't get any support or any kind of help.
Speaker 4: And it's just you can't.
Speaker 2: It's just a system that's built to manufacture just chaos, intopravity.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't think you can do is vote.
Speaker 2: But I mean, and I'm being honest, and I know I shouldn't be this way. I always vote, I mean, I always vote, but it's like, honestly with me, it's like, after twenty twenty happened, It's like, how does a man that gets more votes than any sitting president in American history, It sells out stadiums when he speaks, gets beat by a man with just a few thousand followers and most of them are robots, can't even feel a high school gymnasium when he speaks, wins got more votes in the Obama.
Speaker 4: It's like.
Speaker 2: You can't help but feel just like the the deck is stacked against you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean. But you have to vote.
Speaker 2: That's your god given right, you know, I mean, you have to go vote but it's it's frustrating at times.
Speaker 1: But I think it goes beyond that. When we're talking about what can we do, it's it's exactly what we're doing right now. It's what it's following. Like Brad said, it's following what God has you. You know you're planning, you know that He has for you is reaching as many people. God didn't tell us, you know, that everything was going to be easy, and it did say at the end that Christians were going to suffer. Christians are going to be under attack. It's gonna happen, and it's gonna affect everybody around us. But what we have to do is follow through in God's calling for us as long as we're bearing fruit, as you said, from doing what we're doing, because we're doing what God's telling us to do that and in the end we still win, right we know the end of the story, we know we win. It's going to be bumpy along the road, but we got to see how many people, how many people can we take with us to heaven when we when we're when we're on our way, when it gets to that point when the trumpet sounds, you know.
Speaker 3: Yep, well I just made it a point when I and I've said it many times on my podcast, is I'm not interested in a podcast that tells conservatives how smart they are. Uh. There's certain formulaic rhetoric I hear all the time from conservatives podcast, like they'll bring up some story and they'll go so and so said blah blah blah bo he said, could you imagine what would happen if a conservative has said that, like they did some insight, like they had some deep wisdom and they got into the deep places and look what I've discovered, And then we all sit and go, oh my god, thank you, you're right. Never even never even thought about comparing. I don't need to hear that ever again. Obviously, obviously, if you're a Christian Conservative, you are shadow band, you are kicked off, you are censored, you are maligned, you are attacked, you are demean that's obvious. Don't need to ever say it again. I'm not five. My thing is, what are you going to do about it? If you're not having everyone in your podcasts with some marching orders, if not every one of them gives you some tool to take with you to the next to day two when you are done or whatever. And I'm not saying I've always done it right. I don't know, you know, you get caught up in trying to speak to the folks that you're talking to or do the work you're doing, and and uh, you know, I don't I don't want to even turn that into a formula as well. But I just can't stand whining and hand ringing over crap we already know. Give me solutions. What can we do? I tell people, you are the government of the United States of America, not not Joe Biden, not Kamala Harris, not Mitch McConnell. Okay, you're not. They're not the government. They represent the government, which is me, a citizen of the United States of America. I am in a republic where I vote for representatives of my voice. I voted for you to go represent me, Go talk for brad Stein in the Senate, in the House, and tell them what I think about A, B and C. Because that's why I'm You just represent You don't rule me, You represent me. So we're we're living, you know, in a culture that so many of Americans, and they proved it with the greatness of the great result of Corona was it exposed so much it helped us get some clarity. I now know how many Americans are fools. I now know how many Americans don't treasure liberty. I now know how many Americans don't care about the First Amendment and especially religious liberties. I know how many Americans are cowards. I now know how many Americans will turn on me when they're supposed to be a fellow citizen. I know how now much which fellow Americans can be recruited to go to Auschwitz and be a guard, like happening to German citizens. I see it all now. Those who wore masks, it doesn't matter how many times, and it's all come out now. It didn't work, didn't help, didn't change. They're wearing a mask like a rabbit's foot to pretend that they've done so. I mean, I'm looking at American citizens who are like children begging the government, which is so corrupt in the United States. That don't I vote only out of my own dignity of autonomy. I don't trust any of them. I find the Republicans more despicable than the Democrats by far, because the Democrats have completely given their party over to the left and They're demonic. There is no It's the most demonic ruling class I've ever seen in my country. Let's butcher babies up until the second before they're born. And if they are born, and you win for abortional and we'll leave them to die. This is demonic, This is moloch, this is sacrificial children. This is evol Men and women are not different. If you say magically you're a woman, you say you're a man, you are it's just making crap up. It's so absurd you couldn't even made a movie. Is surreal as this, And yet it literally that nothing could be more perfectly illustrate the Democratic Party than the fact that their champion is a Fetterman and Joe Biden, two men who have actual brain damage, as their heroes. We will vote. This isn't hyperbole, it's not right wing rhetoric. It's not some Republican maligning the Democrat. Vetterman had a stroke, he has brain damage, and they voted for him to lead them. What. I can't write a punchline that that good. You have demonstrated this is what represents the way Democrats think. People with brain damage are our rulers.
Speaker 2: Well, do you really think that the American people are honestly that that stupid or the system is that corrupt.
Speaker 4: In European both that's okay. I was about to say, yeah.
Speaker 3: The correct the system is corrupt. Carry Lake was stolen from Oh yeah, John Bush Bush Trump. Obviously his election was stolen in twenty twenty. All of that is true, and I was so proud I would listen to this woman speak and the way she attacked political correctness, which is what I was interested in with Trump when people would ask me back in the day before he was even the representative of the Republican Party, what did I think of him? Is that I don't know. I don't know if he'll be a good president or not. Here's what I do know. He's a businessman, and maybe what we need right now is a businessman, because he will make the cuts that are necessary for the federal deficit that has to be fixed. He'll do that. Businessmen don't give a crap whether you get your feelings hurt. Businessmen don't give a crap whether somebody's going to be displaced. We'll say, look, this isn't profitable. We have to slash a B and s. Yeah, Well, what am I going to do. I don't know. Good luck anyways. Next, hey, you're being insensitive, screw you. Next it's like, holy, this is who we need. We need that guy who simply stands on principle. Is he a good moral guy? Oh no, he isn't either of mine.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, uh. I voted for him because I thought, well, maybe he'll go in. I presumed he wouldn't be controlled by lobbyists because he already has money, he already has power, he already has fame. So a lot of the things that are used to these to this first year senator or congressman that can be used to entice them and control them and get them into your grid, he isn't gonna instially move him because he's already got everything that they usually used to to to uh, to control you. He already has it. So I felt like, maybe this monkey wrench in this broken system will shake things up, which is exactly what he said he was gonna do. I'm gonna drain the swamp. Well, boy, boy, did we see what the swamp does when it's being exposed? And so I appreciated that he wasn't politically correct. I appreciate that he's spoken, you know when people ask me about Corona and how I handled that. As a performer who needs a live audience, that's how I make my livelihood. Well, I said, well, first thing I did is I went to I went looking for states that I knew wouldn't play this game. I went to Idaho, I went to sort of North Dakota. I went to South Dakota. Some of the southern states kind of you could depend on a little bit. They still kind of got nervous and scared as well. But obviously there were blue states. You didn't have a shot. They were full totalitarian. But I didn't care. I don't care if I go to California. I wanted to go where people wanted to hear what I had to say and be enthused by it and be inspired by it. I actually have a video of me in Chicago O'Hare Airport in twenty twenty. I filmed myself with no masks. I wouldn't wear a masks walk in Chicago up and down this twenty twenty before people started getting the balls to sap back a little bit and that, and most of them didn't do that until after a thing was over and after all the data come in, and after it was safe to stand up for things, I did it when it mattered, when it costs you something. Why because I'm a hero. No, because I'm American and I'm a Christian, That's why. Because I put my money where my mouth is. And when I was walking down there and put my phone up and you could see all the people behind me with their masks going, I was naive enough to believe that people American citizens in that airport would look at me. Not all of them, not most of them, but some of them would look at me and go, damn it, he's right, No, this can't be the way we do this. I literally believe that's what would happen. I would inspire somebody to say, you know what, he's right, the Empress naked, he's right because we all love. Those stories costs you something. Love Those stories tell you you're the guy all by yourself. And that's where I saw the ballish cowards of Americans, and it broke my heart because I realized we can't survive as a nation because the Revolutionary War Americans, the Civil War Americans, the World War one and two Americans two thousand and one bring down the towers of Islamic terrorism Americans, those who showed unity and a desire for freedom in America and liberty as more sacro sank than your little feelings. Or you're free, you're not freedom because you're giving that away, your ability to just sort of go about your business without ever having to sacrifice anything. Those people that are necessary for this country to continue, they're gone. They're gone, and I'm not gonna sit and talk about it anymore. I'm looking for warriors who want to fight and do something about it. That's what I'm doing. And if you're a Christian and you're given me your freaking rhetoric, I'm not interested in you. You can live by yourself. You can find your own church. I'm fighting with real men who have real swords and real in it. And that's the sort of spirit, the sort of the word of God, the sort of truth. When people would ask me, aren't you supposed to be the best citizen as a as a Christian? Yeah, I am. But you know what, there are some things that are sacro saning. There are some areas of biblical aspect of foundational truths that will never change. Jesus Christ was sinless. Jesus Christ was born in virgin he died in Rose again bodily. He is the only way to get to Heaven. There are certain things that are the principles of Christianity that will never change or be altered at all. But there are some times in living your Christian life that things are gray. But we're not sure what to do. There isn't some obvious answer. So I said, I do know what I can do, though, there is one principle of Christianity that I know I can rely on. When things are like this, well, we're not sure exactly how to navigate this. And that's this the single If somebody were to ask me, give me, give me Christianity and one word, what would you say? I said, truth. That's it. If you are my president, if you are my governor, if you are my mayor, if you are my school board supervisor, if you are my neighbor, if you are my parents, if you are my family, and you believe I should do a B and C to be a good citizen, to be a good American, all work together, we're gonna beat this. It's based on one idea. Is the information you're given me based on truth or lies? And if it's a lie, I rejected. I will not live by a lie because Satan is the father of lies and Jesus Christ is truth. Period.
Speaker 1: I'd say, you look at it the way from exactly what you're saying is you can you can resist and be a Christian. You can you can show that you think about Jesus and the temple, flipping tables righteously, righteously, and if it's the.
Speaker 5: Truth, it's not always God, it's not always what they want to hear.
Speaker 3: Well. I've used that analogy when I've spoken at men's events. I said, if I if I went into my room, grab a stick, attached leather frongs to it, came into your church, started swinging it around to people, turning over your table with your DVD merchandise and your bookstore, what would you call that? Because there's a legal turf, or it's the soul mattery, You're not allowed to do that. It's destruction. If you are swinging towards someone trying to harm somebody else's assault, most people would consider that a sin. Yep, Jesus did that. So we have two choices now, Either Jesus sinned, which means he's not God, and you and I are wasting our time on this podcast as we speak. Or sin isn't always what we have been told it is, and you better figure that out, because there is such a thing as rage and anger and violence which is out of control, undisciplined, inappropriate behavior. But there's another side to the coin that I love about my rule book for life, which is the Bible. It literally tells us how the world got started, where it went wrong, and how we fix it. It literally exposes the world to those who seek to understand how it works. And it said this be angry sin not Oh so there is a delineation and where does that fall? What category gives us that permission. There's the most beautiful word given to us in the Bible. It's called righteous indignation. You are allowed to fight for righteousness against injustice, against evil. We read these stories in the Bible and we forget these were real. David and Goliath, we've read a million times. He killed a guy, he threw a stroke, and then by the way, cut his head off, cut his head off. Oh hey, David, ha ha he ca. Yeah, it's not so fun. When we've watched Christians in the last ten years have their heads cut off by Islamic terrorism. It is about as brutal and evil as it gets when you see what it really is. It ain't funny, it's not flippant, it's not trivial. It's pretty raw and rugged and dark. God said, that's a story I want to tell my guy cut his head off. I got a story to tell. My guy who I love had sex with another man's wife and then killed him. Why did he tell that story? Don't tell that story. It's not going to make us look good, he said, no, no, no, I need you to know what I have to work with when it comes to redeeming this nation that you screwed up in the first place. God made the rules, we broke them, and then he had the audacity to say, don't worry, I'll fix it for you. I'll make I'll make a way out. I'm not going to get ready all. I'm going to find a way for you to maintain this beginning of what I wanted it to look like, what I wanted it to be, and I'll do the work for you. I'm going to punish myself with the punishment that I created that was for those who fell, those who disobeyed. I'm going to punish myself with a punishment I created. There's no love like that in human There's nothing like it. There's no other equivalent philosophically, there's no equivalent in any other religion. There's no other equivalent in any other mythology. There's nothing like it. You know why, because it's true.
Speaker 2: Which I just recently read a book and I can't remember the name of the author, but it was called More Than a Carpenter and it was produced like in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 3: That said Josh mcdaal, Yeah, such.
Speaker 4: A great book, and I loved At.
Speaker 2: The end of it, he used an analogy and he was talking about you know, Christ and stuff, and it was along the lines of what you were talking about. And it said, he told a story about this girl. She got a speeding ticket. So she goes to court and the judge asked her how she pleaded. She pleaded guilty. The judge slapped the gavel and charged her a two hundred dollars fine. And then the judge removed his garments and come down from the poem and paid for the ticket. And it said, it turns out that that judge was the father of that daughter. And it said he used as an analogy with God. He said, you know, we were guilty and we had a price to pay, but our heavenly Father took off his heavenly robe, came down to earth and paid our fine for us. Because he's a just God, he has to keep you know, his name holy and show that he is just and.
Speaker 4: Follow the rules.
Speaker 2: But he lowered himself and took care of it for us. I loved that. That was such a beautiful analogy.
Speaker 3: It is well, it's it's like I said, I think we you know, and I don't know exactly everything you guys talk about on your podcast, but what you prefaced it with it sounds like you try to go pretty deep and you try to get to the to the really essentials and the sophisticated nuances of Christianity, which is difficult. I mean, it's a long journey and it's a hard journey, and you can even have disagreements or different interpretations of certain ideas. That's just the nature of being flawed people trying to figure out perfection. But you know, Jesus was man and God, but and the only way he could pay the price is because he was a human that was perfect. So that he could be a sacrifice that was spotless. I mean, that's part of that. But he was also God. Yeah, and so he willingly gave up his right to defend himself and to destroy those who are trying to harm it out of love. But I think what what I think we forget sometimes is we look at the humanity of Christ, which we should, and that he was human, which we need to because it's the only way this sacrifice worked. But we forget he was also God, which means when he died. And I'm not sure how this works. God died, God died what now? Because we believe in a trinity, God was always there. But this aspect of God that he used to be an arm of his interaction with his creation, the Jesus, who was the only flesh God, the Father, isn't flesh. She's spirit. The Holy Spirit obviously is a spirit. Here comes the one guy that had access to it, who dimensionalized himself so we could see him. Everybody's always can plain, well, I could just see God, then maybe I believe. Okay, we'll read the Bible. He showed up. It's the way you could see of spirit. Is if he's not a spirit, it's flesh. Now, now you got what he asked for. But I just when I think about the idea of the death of God, it's mind boggling. It's like he and only in the Christian system because of the try you know, Uh, format could that happen? That that God's love was so beyond our understanding that he creates the system, he creates the punishment for breaking the system, and then he punishes himself for the system he created, and and dies. I can't I can't matter. I can't put my mind around that God was dead and then God resurrected God not man, and man was there too. I get it. Don't get all weird and legalistic. I'm just making a point about this, the depth of nuance to this faith that we've committed our lives to, which is also a juxtaposition of spirit and and uh and material. Because he said faith is the substance, material of things hoped for, immaterial evidence, material of things not seen, immaterial. He gives us answers to this question that we can't really articulate that the immaterial and the material work is one. In the Christian analysis of how humans interact, we have a spirit and a body, it's no other religion has figured this out as to what is really going on, and the sophistication of it, and the the mind boggling means by which God has revealed himself to us, starting with Jews, starting with Israel. I'm going to start with the people that I've chosen, and because they're better than anybody else, I just wanted to have one people who are going to be so meticulous about writing down their lineage that you would have actual records of people who actually existed. It's not Thor, it's not Zeus, it's not Saturn. It's a real guy named HYBATHI who'd be got to the super go and it's like, what are you right now? That's crazy. I read the Bible once. I don't know if you guys have probably done this, if you read through the Bible one year. I remember going that I did that years ago, saying I'm gonna do that again. It's a couple years ago, said I'm gonna read through the whole Bible, and I remember thinking, oh, crap, I'm going to get into Deuteronomy. Crap, this is going to kill me. And I remember thinking to myself, but you know what if that's in the Bible.
Speaker 4: It's important.
Speaker 3: God wanted it there. I don't know why. I don't know why, but I'm going to read it. And I literally would read every guy instead of skimming over it. I'd read every guy's name, trying the best I could do, you know. But yeah, let alone that and not having teeth. But the thing is.
Speaker 4: Easy, easy.
Speaker 2: They're fake, but they're fake.
Speaker 6: But the fact that I had to the fact that I chose to read because I said, we if God wrote it down, and then I'm going to give this guy, this man that I've never met thousands of years, his dignity by.
Speaker 3: Saying his name. I realterally said all this stuff to myself, and I read it. And when I read it, assuming that there was a reason it was there, because God put it there, I began to understand why why was he this boring and academic? And I realized because he wanted you to know these were real people. This was a real guy who really existed, who had this son. And he was a real guy who had this son. So we have the documentation, the analytics, the data that no other religion has to give a through line as to how God got here and there's a story that you can watch so that you get what you want. Atheists, I want proof. What this? Show me another book that was written that has sixty six different letters from forty something different guys over fifteen hundred years, that, when put together, makes one story. Show me any other book that's even close to that. Show me. Does that make it the word of God? No? Nope, it makes it so unique you ought to give it a listen, You ought to give it a look. See certainly interesting change. The West created modern science, created universities, created hospitals, created the dignity of human beings, ended slavery, made women equal to men, made children to be protected, did things that said that there's no ethnicity that superior. It got rid of race and actually said there is no race, the human race. It's the only religion in human head history that actually got through the CRT that we're just seeing the nonsense. The Marxist cancer is destroying America right now because it's Marxism, and it's atheism, it's and it's demonic cancer of communism. Well we already figured that out when when when the Bible said there's no male or female, no bond or free, no jew or gentile. He already figured out. Ah. Bible says there's no male or female. See he's non binary, right, there's no agenda. Right he said, no, no, no, there's male female. What he said was you no longer identify as that as the primary source as to who you are. You honor your maleness, You honor your femaleess. We know that's the way it's designed because every single LGBTQ person that's ever exists on the face of the earth came into existence because on male female had sex. So we know that must be the way it works, because that's how you, guys all came into existence. So that's the principle. That's the foundation that makes humanity work. And God said, love your femininity and made it unique. Love your masculinity. I made it unique. Honor it. Come together, be one. But you are not to be identified by your gender, but by a child, a living God. There is no bond or free Oh I see. So there's no class system in your world. That's right. Rich guys, if you've been rich, be grateful for it and take care of those who are poor. Poor guys, do your best to get out of it. But by the way, you don't get to complain or covet this guy's stuff. Go live the best you can because you're no longer identify by your class, because there is your child, a living God on there's no true or gentile. You're no longer get to identify by your culture or by your ethnicity. You are grateful for it. You say, I'm glad that my people came from this difficult thing. I never want to forget that story. Never want to forget that story because it teaches me how to work through hard things. And I should be proud of that. And look what I've overcome and whatcome my people did? Yes, be proud, be proud. You don't identify is that you're a child in the living God. You do those three things. Guess what. There is no more racism, There is no more sexism, There is no more inequality. Will we ever get there? No? No, we're sinners. We're pride filled. Number one sin. Pride the only sin that matters. Pride, the original sin. Pride. We will sin that. God says he hates the most pride. Why all sin comes from pride, All sin comes from pride, All sin comes from pride. I will be God. Yeah, So that is where we're at in America. The problem in America churches and I always always differentiate American Christianity from any other because, let me tell you something. My brother Christians in China aren't wondering if it's difficult because somebody called them a name on Facebook. Yeah, that ain't their biggest problem. And the Afghanistani Christians that stayed in Afghanistan after Biden cowardly bailed out there in the catastrophe, that is everything that man touches. They stayed because they said, who's going to be amongst my people? Yeah, they knew the cost. That's Christian, I mean, that's what it looks like. But the problem in American Christianity is that most people that go to churches aren't believers. Too many church goers, not enough Christians. Because, ay, if you really believe Jesus was God, if you really believed God was here, why wouldn't you tell people, well, I'm embarrassed. Then you don't get them, you don't deserve them. I wonder if you're one of us, well, somebody might be offended it. Yeah, you know why they're offended because you have exposed their sin, and that offense is the Holy Spirit's means to draw them to repentance. So for all of you politically correct, woke, progressive deconstructing Christian heretics who are loving people and not forcing them to deal with the choices in their life, you're loving them right to hell, and your lack of wanting them to feel their distress is literally eliminating the Holy Spirit's access to their soul so they can convict them and bring them to repentance. You are going to stand in front of God and say, let me tell you the things I did in your name, and God's going to say, I want to ask you about that? How dare you use my name? Go to hell?
Speaker 4: M powerful?
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that was I don't know if you were called to be later, I don't know if you're called to be a comedian or a preacher, because that was spot on. Give me a little chills there by the end. But I think the number one thing coming out of that, and this is to everybody out there who's actually listening to this, what are you going to do about it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: What is all of our roles?
Speaker 1: Everybody needs to look in the mirror and say, am I doing what God wants me to? Do pray about it. Read the Bible, listen to God. You know so many people pray about those things and they they they pray. Oh man, I really I just want to give me a raise so I can get that new car.
Speaker 5: Give me that.
Speaker 1: No, pray for what God wants in your life, and then listen. Most people who pray, most people who pray don't take the time to listen either. But in the end, when we get through all this and we look at the news and we look at how terrible everything is, what are you going to do about it?
Speaker 3: I will say this. You obviously will have people that will hate you if you bring up their choices in life. Of course they will. And by the way, by the way, how do you know if you're believe right? I mean, because I'll tell you this, my friends, the the days of bow your head, close your eyes, say a little prayer, raise your hand if you did. But don't worry. Don't worry. Everybody's eyes are closed and their heads down so they won't see you, because we don't want to barrash it. Yeah, what you're about to get your life away with God? So when God died for you, When God died for you and came back to life so that you could have eternal life. And you're about to say thank you for that, and I humbly say thank you for that in front of a bunch of people who've already done that. You're embarrassed, don't accept Christ. Go find Go be a Buddhist, go be something else. But if you're embarrassed, you don't deserve him. And I can pretty much tell you that ain't going to get you saved anyways. The prayer isn't the magic. The Bibles constantly replete with what is your fruit? Is? This guy has no fruit? How am I supposed to assess something that's happened to them? I don't know what God does. Maybe he lets everybody on guys, I don't know. That's not what I see. That's not what I see. I see a God that expects us to stand for things. That is his principles. If you think this is true, then live like it, prove it. But here's the thing, just to give you a little encouragement. Yeah, you'll have people that will hate you, that's for sure. Jesus promised that. Matter of fact. It's a good checklist. Yeah, I was I a jackass to that. Guy, I was and he hates me. Yeah, that's on you. You're a jerk. Did I speak truth and he hated me? Yeah? Okay, Well Jesus said, don't worry. They hate They were hating me, not you. You did your job. That's how you know you one of mine. They will hate you for speaking truth, not for being a jerk. They'll hate you for speaking truth. But just to let you know, there will be some others out there who will be so grateful that you gave them the rules because they don't know what to do, especially young men young women growing up in this postmodern, post truth generation. What they're really begging for when they're out march and for their rights and their equity and everything. What they're really saying is, I don't know what's going on. I don't know what the truth. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. How do I live my life? What is the meaning of all of this? That's what they're asking for, the lost and so some of them, when you speak these truths, are going to say, tell me more, show me how to come home.
Speaker 2: Brad, this has been a really a riveting conversation. I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to us, and this has just been which I mean, I was already looking forward to this. I love your stuff, but this was even better than I was thinking, and I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Above and beyond.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you. But you know what, We're all in the same boat. We're all a body. Yeah, and we all have a piece of the puzzle. God told me many years ago, he said, I'm going to have you speak to the church. I'm a prophet to the church. That's what he told me. I was not signing up for that. Guys, I give you that, I give you that word. And it was years ago. I was embarrassed to say that because it sounded so ostentatious and absurd and egotism. It was embarrassing. And finally I realized, I'm not allowed to call what God has anointed anything less than what He's decided it is. So when if I say I'm a prophet's church, not because I'm thinking I'm amazing guy, it's simply the title God gave me. Like yours is whatever yours. If you're a pastor is, you're calling just what it is that he said, They'll be pastors and prophets and teachers and black people. So anyways, I'm not an evangelist. I care about the loss, but it's not my call. My call is to the church to let him know. We need real Christians that are all in. There's no more time for games. Lukewarm makes God puke, but hot, hot, committed Christianity has a shot of a third grade awakening in this nation. And until I'm dead, I'm gonna believe for that. And if you guys want to come alongside and assist me, we got each other's back Listen. God wins every time.
Speaker 4: Yes, amen, every time.
Speaker 2: Well, Brad, before we close out, you want to give everybody your information, your website and where to find you and.
Speaker 3: Stuff, Bradstein dot com. The last name is Stein is st i an e like fine wine. It's an odd spelling. It's not e I n or I e an e st i n E. Brad Stein Has Issues is on every Monday at seven pm Central Standard on YouTube or on Facebook. And then I think I'm on an other platform, you know, a podcast platform for later, but it's always archives, so you can watch it this Monday. I don't know when yours when this airs, but if it's soon, this Monday, I'm actually my interviews with NBA Hall of Famer John Stockton. Yeah, so that's who my interviews with about mask mandates and vaccine mandates because he stood up against that and he lost his season tickets to Gonzaga because he wouldn't wear his stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, sure wasn't you Sure it wasn't because of them shorts he was.
Speaker 3: Wearing right exactly. But anyways, God is opening up doors for me in that regard. So if this is of interest to you guys of what I'm doing, what I stand for, it's not what they expect. They think it's gonna be funny because they think of me as the comic that's what they see. But God said to me, that's just your delivery system. That's just your delivery. So that's just the flavor it comes in. But you have a bigger thing to say. So that's where I'm at. Go to Bradstein dot com to find touring and if you're a church or somebody that would like to bring me in and do some comedy and the stand for truth, just get the connect button and send me a notton. I'll be happy to come over.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Brad, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Appreciate buss you boys. Thanks guys, have it God.
Speaker 2: Guys, thanks for tuning in. That was a very pleasant surprise and hope to see you next time and keep digging well.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to the Dig Bible Podcast, questions, comments, our future episode ideas, and we'd love to hear from you at the Dig four two three at gmail dot com. If you enjoy our content, don't forget to share, subscribe and check out our Facebook group at the Dig Podcast. Remember, you can't.
Speaker 3: Lean on a shovel and pray for a whole. You gotta dig