Speaker 1: Actually no, no, no, no no, not that music, not that music. We're gonna do this one instead.
Speaker 2: That is the boss music for starting three bigs in a game against a team that launches threes.
Speaker 3: I had a dream last night and a guy named Alan assassinated.
Speaker 1: He did in a certain sense, it's not great.
Speaker 2: I had a dream that an angel came to me and told me where the four tablets of college basketball are?
Speaker 1: Are?
Speaker 3: None of them all came None of them are?
Speaker 1: No, no, And then just like that, but sure, we'll throw it back for just a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: That's specifically for you.
Speaker 1: Now, why would you ever say that landa.
Speaker 3: Well, you know why. It's related to reasons and.
Speaker 2: Also reasons like Oregon's a great matchup for Kansas, but god.
Speaker 1: There's history here. I did pick them to win, and they lost by well one scream for every point they lost by. We're gonna be here a while. Now that that was just five. I won't push it that many times because I'd.
Speaker 3: Have to push animals for long enough to spee to show up in your mirror at like ten thirty night. Is that how that works?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: It's actually Bill self who was attempting to take out a bunch of white cougars with three bigs, including a yeah yeah, and he's now oh s b yu.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 1: I'll open with a question here on inside the paint. Here's something I was gonna say for later, but I'm curious if you guys know the answer to this. What do Trent Johnson, Craig Smith, Mark Pope, Steve prom Kevin Young, Josh Eilert, Mike Boyton, Darien Debry, Grant mccastley, and Jerome Tang all have in common?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: All? All three were primary subject suspects in the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
Speaker 1: That's a very noble guest, Cam, But we have not seen the current administration officially unveil that report, so I can no longer confirm or deny that. But I will take I will take a second guest, Landon.
Speaker 2: Do you have one those guys that are all undefeated at home against Bill self?
Speaker 1: If they're all guys that beat Bill self in their first ever matchup? Yeah, yep, first matchup in the league?
Speaker 3: Zodiac killer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bill Sell?
Speaker 3: Well Bill, Yeah, Yeah, that's Scott Drew.
Speaker 1: Bill's self is true horrible against coaches in the first matchup between him and uh and said coach in a Big twelve game. It's unbelievable that the guy wins like eighty five percent of his league games and he's barely a bat in five hundreds against coaches in his first it's dying. It's it's dwindling faster than Landon's attendance percentage over the years did earlier in the first half of this season. But it is uh. Landon's pulled his average back up here in the last few weeks. Let's see if Bill can do the same. So Kansas loses the BYU and not end by beat, I mean get absolutely run out of the widest gym they will ever play in. At the beginning of the year, we said that we were the post widest. Well, yes, at the beginning of the year, we said that we were going to post one sad land and in the notes for every lost Kansas took this year. And I thought that would maybe be like, you know, three or four sad landings. There are nine sad Landings in the notes and we are not even into the last week of February yet. Sources say that that is bad and definitely is a also circumstances warranted of some very angry drops at Bill Self's expense, which do not want to play. But you know what, there we go, little delayed, damn it one for ever every loss, I would have to push it nine times. This is ip on Rock Chuck blog.
Speaker 2: I am Ryan Landrith, I'm Lennon Fields.
Speaker 3: If a forest fire starts in Los Angeles but kJ Adams isn't on the front line starting to fight the fire, did the fire actually start? The fire will win? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because uh, if kJ was given one of those fire hoses and asked to shoot at it from fifteen feet away, he'd probably need to.
Speaker 3: Spray it the wrong direction.
Speaker 2: But boy, when we hustled to the hose, guys, he would Yeah. I had pavement slap the fire truck and run right over to that hose.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Bill self bell like, look at the injury he's splayed, spring down civilians with the fire hose. I can't wait to see what he does next.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, the Elevan, Auburn firefighters have already taken care of every ounce of fire they've ever had. Well, and that's not so true for Alabama this week.
Speaker 1: But yeah, though, so Alabama became I believe, the second basketball team in the last like twenty years to score ninety eight points and shoot fifty three percent from the floor and lose in regulation by double digits. Like it is hard to do what they did on defense.
Speaker 2: They ticking up one hundred points in their last two games.
Speaker 1: And Kansas has barely scored one hundred and like thirty in their last two games. What would happen if Kansas played Alabama? How many points would Kansas score?
Speaker 2: It would be at least fifteen. It would be similar to what we just watched in provo.
Speaker 1: I think Kansas would get into the sixties if they played Alabama. The Crimson Tide might get into the hundreds.
Speaker 3: Kansas could only get into the sixties because they'd have so many possessions just based off of the pace of the game.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, let's talk about it. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: If Kansas played Alabama, Hunter Dickinson would just be stuck like glitching at mid court, not sure which way to run because Alabama would be going so fast up and down the court.
Speaker 1: And don't worry, we'll talk about this.
Speaker 3: Townsend be squinting out of paper on the sidelines, going, oh we didn't see that. Wait, hey, it's a ports on.
Speaker 1: Twitter BYU ninety one, number twenty three Kansas fifty seven points math. And honestly, they kind of got lucky to get into that much they were They had like forty eight points with two minutes left.
Speaker 2: If BYU wanted to, they would have been him by forty yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they were up by darn near that at that one point. So here's your game story, which there really isn't one. It was just a shellacking. And what ties that twenty twenty one USC loss, which was an NCAA tournament loss as the biggest margin of defeat in the Bill Self era. The Jayhawks were curb stomped to oblivion from the opening jump. They fell behind eight to nothing, and that was that. All three of us and Notes were like, Okay, well we go do something else if it wasn't minus thirty degrees in snowy outside. But I guess I'll keep watching this display of crap. And it got lost shout of spite. The moment that you knew it was really going to go poorly was when BYU built a twenty five to twelve lead and then made just two baskets over the next seven minutes, giving Kansas plenty of opportunities to scratch right back into it. Somehow, Kansas did not cut into the deficit at all. BYU made two shots in seven minutes and led by thirteen, which is the same number of points they led by at the beginning of that drought. The score was forty six to twenty six at halftime. It stretched all the way to an unbelievable Alabama against North Dakota State November exhibition game worthy eighty to forty two at its worst, and yes, only a couple of David Koit garbage time threes saved them by losing or saved them from losing by even more than this. This game deserves to be the biggest margin of defeat mis self era that USC game. They were down by like twenty five for a while and then it got so much worse at the end. To get to thirty four this game, Kansas needed to make like three threes in the final two minutes to get it back to thirty four.
Speaker 3: Chris Paul makes a huge three to cut the lead to forty two.
Speaker 2: That was every basket Kansas made in the second half.
Speaker 3: Yep, Yeah, and they opened the second half, Dickinson averages what a he averages By the way.
Speaker 1: They're down twenty points to open the second half, and Hunter hits a three and obviously at that point you're not thinking here they come, but you know, okay, make their first shot. They forced a couple turnovers and then it just went right back into the litter box after that. Uh, this is the part where I normally ask for you guys's thoughts, but they lost by thirty four? What are your thoughts? What can they possibly be?
Speaker 2: H This was genuinely I think this will go down as like one of the more memorable Kansas games that I've watched in like recent memory, like the last handful of seasons, to be honest, like heck of an experience. Heck of an experience watching this. Obviously, the starting lineup came out, which was of great interest to us in that Bill self started decided to start kJ Adams at the three with with Zeken, Dwan, Hunter and Flory. We all thought that was very funny and we all thought that was an omen for Kansas to lose the game.
Speaker 1: Do you think he did that because he thinks that's Kansas's best chance, or do you think he did that almost a little a little trolley. Do you think he kind of did that like, Okay, let's see all they like this, because I don't think there's any chance that he looked at this matchup and thought kJ at the three, that's the answer. I think he was kind of trolling a little bit slash sending.
Speaker 2: A little bit of that. I also think depending on how much you believe some of the rumors that we will probably talk about later with what happened after the Utah game and just with the general like tone and ten of the vibes in the locker room have been both between the players themselves and the players and the coaches. I think this was also Bill self saying like there's been talk of this team doesn't care, and I think we've all agreed that it doesn't matter so much whether they We've all said that it's not about that, and I think that's been true because I don't think it matters so much if you, like are a huge Kansas Jayhawk guy. It's cool if you are, but I don't think that matters inherently to you being a good basketball player at Kansas. But one thing I did not think was that players didn't care about the team at all, and that might be true, Like based on some of these things, like there might be a little more of that than I ever would have thought, that that players are like bought out on the team as a whole. Regardless of the name of the team, there's out. And so I think there was that going into the starting lineup. Is that I think there was a little bit for Bill self, who I still think has grossly mismanaged this team. But I think that was a statement from Bill Selth and like okay, like I have to start a two guard, so I'm gonna start a zeke and then I'm gonna play the guys that actually want to play for the team that actually might put that is a little bit. That's definitely subjective, that's definitely anecdotal, But I based on everything that we've heard and based on certainly the vibes around this squad, I don't think that's far fetched at all.
Speaker 1: Cam, what do you make at this?
Speaker 3: I mean, they just kind of suck, I see.
Speaker 1: I still I still don't know how much of it that's true, because these are talented basketball players, like like they're bad all right, I'm not here to sit here and say why you're wrong, and they're gonna get hot, but like, objectively, we're not going to do that. Two and a half months ago, we watched them beat Duke on a neutral court to get to seven and zero and defeat at that moment in the first month of the year, to beat the team that is currently leading the ten and then the team that is currently leading the a SEC on a neutral court. Watch that happen.
Speaker 3: But they've regressed?
Speaker 1: Yes, why is that? Were they not good to get with? Is it coaching?
Speaker 3: I think it's both. The roster doesn't fit you you can't see it's it's just insane because you're sixty.
Speaker 1: Saying that the roster doesn't fit and that they suck is different, like I'm not I'm not telling you I have an answer, Okay that that's that's more what I agree with. Yeah, because it just doesn't make sense. It doesn't make logistical sense when you look at you know that the a phrase that you hear a lot in baseball is you are what the back of your baseball card says you are. But it's a different sport and basketball because the team cohesiveness matters, like well, you look at the back of these guys as baseball cards, so to speak, and you think they should be really good.
Speaker 3: Okay, here, here's the thing. You look at these guys. Aj Store played on a bad Wisconsin team. He had the ball in his hands a lot. He was driving on his own, he was doing his own thing.
Speaker 1: Johnson was a five seed last year. They weren't bad. He was the best player on the second best team in the Big Ten.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, How did these score his points? He had the ball in his hand, he had space, he could drive to the rim. Guess what he doesn't have now with kJ Adams playing with Hunter Dickinson, he doesn't have space. He can't drive that it doesn't matter, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Broke him. And Bill Selthams said that at the beginning of the season that he got in his heat.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then you look at a guy Hunter Dickinson, good basketball player, really good basketball player. Michigan fans will tell you right from the get go when he came to Kansas. Guess what he puts up Numbers doesn't translate to much else. Same thing we see here he puts up number doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Do you think we're saying this? I will admit that I thought Hunter Dickinson was going to wind up being the best center that self has ever had. At the beginning of the year, I thought he was a n aate Smith candidate. I thought that it was all gonna come up roses this year for Hunter. It obviously hasn't happened, and his shortcomings are being exposed by the night. Do you think that we're saying any of these things about Hunter decats and if he has an adequate set of teammates around him, because I don't. I think that Hunter is still the least of these teams problems. They just lost by thirty eight, and he scored a quarter of their points. Like I'm not saying they're consequential baskets, but I'm saying, like I if you put if you put a three and a four next to Hunter, like I sent that. There's a screenshot I watched the other day of the Kansas Michigan State NCAA tournament game from twenty seventeen. The team that started Josh Jackson, Devon se Graham, Frank Mason Spee, and uh and Landon Lucas. And Landon Lucas is going up for a hook shot and there are four Jayhawks on the perimeter and all four of their defenders are right in their face, leaving Land and Lucas and his defender the only two people within fifteen feet of the basket, so much space to work with. If Hunter had those teammates, you don't think he'd be a first team All American either. Oh, I think he'd be.
Speaker 3: He'd be quite He still misses tons of those short shots.
Speaker 1: Though we've all said all year, he's not a problem. We've set all your The problem with Hunter is he does have his shortcomings, and he needs better pieces around him than most guys that put up those kind of numbers to get the most out of him. I don't think Hunter Dickinson is in the top ten problems with this team, And yeah, I think that the I mean there was a possession where they force fed him a pass in this particular game where he immediately had two guys right on him and a third within three feet of him as kJ just kind of stood there seven feet from the basket like they're not doing any favors. There really isn't a whole lot to analyze with this game itself, just because they got so curb sump like this isn't gonna be one of those shows where we sit here and say, a Zeke had twelve points, what did you make of his game? I just kind of grouped it all together. But Landon, I think it's more consequential to just read some of these stats. Why don't you read that paragraph that says stats, Well, I play the Curb your Enthusiasm music in the background. That sounds fitting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, let's do it. This ends with a question that I do think it will be actually fun, So there will be a little bit of fun here if you like pain. Yeah, stats go. Thirty eight points is the most they've trailed by in the Bill Self era, and the most that Jayhawks have trailed by in at least thirty years. Brian's been trying to dig, and he's asked around on Twitter to find the last time that they trailed by that much. He hasn't found it yet, So if you do know, hey, let us know.
Speaker 1: A couple of people seem to think it seriously. Wasn't that There's a chance it may have been in the late seventies the last time they trailed by this much.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be shocked if it was that long ago at all. Now, here's some really fun things. Kansas is now six and fourteen in road games in the last two years. Remember when I said, oh, yeah, I think their road troubles are fixed. When they're like three in one on the road, Well, that's like five straight ls.
Speaker 1: Not quite that many, but it is like four all by double digits. Except you jah, I guess almost.
Speaker 2: They're eighteen and sixteen in conference games, even the conference they won fourteen times. Well, they've lost sixteen games in that league in the last two seasons. And if their tenth lost by at least ten points in the last two calendar years, it was just the sixth time in seven hundred and sixty four games of bill self they trailed by at least thirty points during a game. Can you name the other five?
Speaker 1: I know the answers to this, but go okay.
Speaker 2: Cam. One is obviously the Kentucky drubbing that happened. One is got Texas game at Allen Fieldhouse where they lost like eighty four to fifty three. I believe did they drill by thirteen?
Speaker 1: Not true, not quite didn't quite.
Speaker 3: Get okay, okay, I can't remember.
Speaker 2: There was a Temple game they lost by a lot in Philadelphia in it was a while ago, did they That.
Speaker 1: Was also the Kentucky team They did not quite make it there, but that was that was terrible.
Speaker 3: What did they lose? Okay, so we're just talking. I'm trying to think of massive blowouts for Kansas. I remember Texas Tech last year, I remember Houston.
Speaker 1: I'll give you one that you probably don't remember. Yes, correct, you're at two. The Houston one last year is one, and the Kentucky game in fourteen is one. I'll give you one that you guys probably won't remember, land in Biggas that the Texas game got at Allen Field House was twenty seven, by the way, a game that they only trailed by four points with seventeen minutes left and then wound up just getting run out of the gym. One that you won't remember is there was a game in two thousand and five when they were ranked second that they went to who else but Villa Nova and lost by a billion points and trailed by thirty at one point. The other years that you are missing, you are missing one from twenty nineteen, and you're missing one that we have already talked about on this.
Speaker 2: Show, already on this show twenty nineteen had some really bad l's losing by thirty so much. I don't remember specifically what were they.
Speaker 1: The twenty nineteen game feat the podcast recap was a Nick solo show because I was dying with the flu and I don't know what you were doing. It was in Lubbock. They lost ninety one to sixty or something like that to Texas Tech. And then the one we already talked about is USC Oh right, well stupid. Yeah, So it's been if you're doing the math on that, in the first seventeen years of Bill self, they only trailed by thirty points twice at any point in those games, and now that's four times in the last six seasons that they've managed to have a game where they've fallen behind by And there's been plenty of others that were damn close, like that Texas game you mentioned. I think they lost by twenty nine at Texas Tech last year, Like there are several that are The Temple game was really close. There have been a handful of games. Is there that push this? Is it close?
Speaker 3: Is there something to be said about the fact that we've seen more blowouts in recent years under Bill soelth than previous.
Speaker 1: I think it's more that other teams are shooting threes at a higher clip across the board and college basketball and the blowouts are potentially more lopsided. But also, yes, the average quality of Kansas teams hasn't been as good. You look at the last since the streak ended, since the streak ended twenty nineteen, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna say that that was too much that went wrong. They had a really good team. They were preseason one. They started ten to zero, and then dok hurt his wrists and was out for the year. Vic left the team. That was probably the if you want to put bad luck on anything, that was a pretty bad luck year. That team probably wins the Big twelve. I Udoka doesn't get hurt so and then the next year they came back and were the best team in college basketball, So we'll say nineteen's a one off. Twenty twenty one was a disappointing season for Kansas standards, but they were still a three seed, and that Corps wound up winning a national championship the next year, and then in twenty twenty three they were a top three team in the country until Bill selves heart gave out at the start of the postseason. So like, I don't really think you can look at any sort of drop off until you get to the start of the twenty twenty three to twenty four season. And even last year they were seventeen and three on the day Kevin McCuller hurt his knee, Like that team wasn't going to wind up being great, but that team was doing really well until McCuller got hurt. This has been the first year and any of them where everything just the floor just dropped out about two thirds of the way through the year.
Speaker 3: I will say this, like there is some like perspective angle that you can take here. I have tons of friends there who are you know, big Michigan State fans and Tom Izzo had a run of seasons like the season Kansas is having right now that spanned like three consecutive years. This is probably hopefully a one off for Kansas. And yeah, you're right, everything has fallen out. I don't think it's the end of the world, but it is kind of interesting that we've seen this happen now second year with the same core three players, combined with Bilsov's hard issues. I don't know, it just sucks.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to find that stretch people are talking about with Izzo. I'm wondering if it was sixteen to eighteen, uh wherever they had he lost in the first weekend three years including a loss as a two seed to a fifteen and then a loss as a.
Speaker 3: Three seedge to Syracuse.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, then that was then. I'm trying to find when that was. That was just because then they made the final four of nineteen, then the tournament gets canceled. They were a playing team in twenty one and then round of thirty two loss, Sweet sixteen loss, round to thirty two loss. So tom Izzo has made the second weekend one since before COVID and yeah, you know, everybody still acts like he's this master of the tournament. Yeah, just just really disappointing. Land And I mean, this is not a team that two weeks ago even we were saying is go into the final four. But two weeks ago I said that they would go eight and ten in their last ten games, and the reaction was, I mean, that's maybe a bit of a stretch, but seven and three, eight and two, they have some winnimal games. They're gonna rack up some wins. Two weeks ago, I said, I compare them to the twenty one team, and that team wound up being a three seed because they won enough games in February to get the record up. We thought that the flaws were there and that the deep tournament run maybe was trending towards not super low. But we didn't think that this team getting a twenty games wouldever be in question, or twenty wins, and boy, now there's people that are wondering if they'll if they'll have a winning record in their last five games.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I'm I'm probably I lean towards yes, but I'm I'm in the camp of if I'm wondering.
Speaker 1: There's nothing that's that that they're. The thing that really starts to move that dial is if they really have quit basketball ability alone, they should get three, if not for their last five, Like if they if they all regroup and said all right, we're in it and and you new effort and heart wasn't gonna be a question. They're probably favored in four of their last five games. But if they've really quit that, there's no floor on what could happen. They could lose to Oklahoma State, if they'd given.
Speaker 2: Up yeah, and that, and that's the thing. And even outside of that, we we had been talking about some or it had come up a couple of times that Cam and I were on the train of Like, I don't know if you can really, uh quite analyze this team in light of the history of Kansas basketball, because in the last two years they've just been so different that they have not like trends have not applied in the same way that many other years have. Though you are right, Ryan, from a pure ability standpoint, they should not have a losing record in their last few games if there is buy in, If there is real buy in, they should win three of the games, and those are the home games. But that's sort of the wild card here. That is the factor that I've never seen that is genuinely on the table, it seems with this team, is if Bill self has actually lost the locker room in these last five games and six or seven, because they still will make me, they will make the tournament. People saying they're gonna miss the tournament, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Their non conference resume is gonna pull them through. And also their name, they're big name Kansas.
Speaker 2: There's no way, they miss sore at least seven games left. But if they really have just like if they're out out they like Ryan is right, there is no floor as to what what could happen in the last games here.
Speaker 3: I mean when you have Bill self going on by the way, guys, not to break from the action. Here, I'm watching the hockey. I have a dude that's dressed up like Thomas Jefferson on my television screen with a bald eagle. Next to this is Ben Franklin. I saw bends there. Oh my goodness, screaming America. Get him an AR fifteen and some freedom. But uh, speaking of Bill self AR fifteen shooting his team in the forehead, I mean, the team might have quit, but it is crazy for him to go out there and say, yeah, we the team needs to get away from each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like that isn't bunkers almost march.
Speaker 2: That if nothing else shows you where this team is.
Speaker 3: Got to get him some freedom.
Speaker 1: Well, here are the bigs. Uh, the individual stats, the universe, the universally bad stats really shouldn't be analyzed here, So I just group in him by persis. Hunter Dickinson had no freedom. He had three guys on his back the whole night. He had twelve and fourteen right of the team, five for thirteen shooting. So here's some Dickinson analysis for you. Uh and yes, I've been a staunch hunter Dickinson defender. I still don't view him as a usual player. He's he, He is not being helped by his teammates, and he is the face of this team. So it's gonna ride or die with him, and it's dying hard right now. So Dickinson in his three seasons at Michigan shot sixty, fifty six, and fifty six percent, and that is quite good and what you'd expect from a seven footer. Last year at Kansas and conference play it went down to fifty one percent, and this year he is barely by. Like if he misses his first two shots against Oklahoma State, it will go under fifty percent from the floor in conference play. Next to him, kJ Adams predictably did nothing besides throw down two lob dunks in twenty five minutes, finishing with four points and two rebound in twenty five minutes. Floria Madunga also started all part of Bill Self's Master three big lineup plan, and Flori had just two and three and twenty one minutes. Credit Bill self for not just nuking aj Store and Ryland Griffin season. He also nuked Floria Madunga's season when he yanked him out of the starting lineup in the midst of the best stretch of his freshman's career. Okay, that Dickinson analysts or analysis is everything here for me. You can say all the problems with Hunter exists. His effort isn't great all the time. He's not a very good defender, he's lazy, he takes plays off. All those things I will hear, But him going from sixty to fifty six to fifty one to fifty percent from the floor, He's getting a lot of double teams. It's not helping. Should he be better finishing around the rim? Yes, his touch is not the best despite his seven to two side, But you cannot tell me that his teammates are doing him any help right now, not on the offensive end, and he probably hurts them on the defense end. So it's a perfect marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was once again truly apocalyptic on defense like I've never notes.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is true. Cam Is is doing some damage control by saying no guys. Hunter really is a good player.
Speaker 2: Hunter certainly is not being helped by the lineup and everything on offense. I've never never seen a player that is otherwise of his quality be so completely lost on a consistent basis on defense, though, it's it's kind of stunning to watch.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the white guys. I guess we do have a drop for them, and we knew it would be a problem. Much more interesting than the white guys is what Cam and I are typing in these notes, and I really can't read them. I so all instead just read Richie Saunders made four threes?
Speaker 3: Boy was he good?
Speaker 1: Wasn't it wild? Watching Richie Saunders, who is was playing three? And I know that may surprise you because you may think that the three man is only allowed to be good at hustling. But Richie Saunders making four threes as the three man, And then they had like I wonder what it what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What's your mindset? And the BYU huddle when the three man catches the ball on the perimeter and you just can be like, okay, well I'm not guarding him, Like how weird must that be? On defense? To see the opposing team essential small forward, catch the ball on the perimeter and know that you don't even have to put a hand up.
Speaker 2: Can I Can I listen to other players that have traditionally been listed at small forward in their career? Sure, go for it, Paul, George Kawhi, Leonard Paul Pierce, James Hevan, all men that at one time or another have been traditionally listed at the position of small forward, otherwise known as the three. I will present the for their context.
Speaker 1: Continue, I'll give the context, and none of them dive on the floor like kJ none of that.
Speaker 2: That's actually so facts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you guys ever think that Richie Saunders has used a hard r in his life?
Speaker 1: In that university? They can't even say. They can't even say anything more than gosh darn can they They can't have doctor Pepper's out there?
Speaker 3: Probably what do you think that they can have?
Speaker 1: And they can't have coffee. They can't have coffee, right, it's doctor Peppers caffeine, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's caffeine. You can have seventy five wives, but if you have a Doctor Pepper, you're going to Dante's seventh ring of Inferno.
Speaker 1: And speaking of b yu Man, that student section was awesome. Like from the jump they showed. They showed the student section rocking to Snoop Dogg and right then there's this is Gonna Go Real, Kansas, This is Gonna go real. That also to be known here, Trevin Nell made for Edgar Demon made one, Dallan Hall made a couple more, even the Black Guy made three. It was an all you can eat night at the Marya Center. As a team, BYU was fourteen for thirty six, shooting threes at thirty nine percent is really just a little bit above their season average. This is what happens when you build a team that shoots threes. An abstract concept to one Billy Eugene self yyep, all right, Cam, tell me about de one because he's kind of the one guard that I've officially as of this day and on this show, I've had I've had enough of Dewan Harris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, welcome to the one show.
Speaker 2: Later, welcome to the club, Ryan, Yeah, we are all.
Speaker 3: In the club. We're We're we are an elite club of degenerates. Dewan Harris didn't score until the final TV timeout, and he missed three shots in the first four minutes and was part of the reason Kansas got off to a terrible start. He still played thirty one minutes, though, because the rules of basketball state that he must play as much as possible, combined with kJ Adams in route to a blowout loss. He scored two points and thirty one minutes on one for seven shooting, including zero for five from three. He did have seven assists, though, which really didn't mean much of the great's totality of things.
Speaker 1: My only take on this land and I'm sure you agree. If you're a fifth year point guard at Kansas, get the hell off this team. If you can't score till the final TV timeout, Like enough, this is a joke. Your team's getting blown out. You imagine Sharon Collins, he would rip the paint off the wall in the locker room before he would go thirty five minutes and his team getting baptized by Mormons without scoring. That that what a joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Frank Mason would not let this happen. If Frank Mason got blown out a couple times, but he wouldn't have two points on one for seven. Deavontae Gram wouldn't let this happen again. Davante Graham also got blasted a couple times. These guys are not above getting getting dunked on. Everyone gets dunked on sometimes. But like Dwan Harris is not a good enough point guard. Like some people were saying, this is near one. Maybe maybe you were absolute elite level genius. Maybe maybe maybe you were Albert Einstein of basketball Takes. I don't know, but Harris is not good enough to play on a on a team like this. Dewan Harris, this is this is the real problem. We said it in a lot of ways, and I'm fully I'm seeing, I'm seeing through the matrix. Finally, is that all of these players, every single one of them, needs the perfect cast to be good. Dewan Harris needs great players around him to be good, needs a perfect supporting cast to be good. Hunter Dickinson needs a perfect supporting cast to be great. None of them can be good on their own. None of them can be good in a vacuum. I suppose that's true of all basketball players. But check back on my small forwards list. Those guys could be good.
Speaker 3: I like how Franfacillo, whenever he commentates the Kansas game at this point, is like, guys, listen, Dewan Harris, fantastic basketball player. He just needs prime Paul Pierce, Prime Davante Gram, Prime Wilt Chamberlain, Prime Cole Aldrich, and prime Jesus himself to be able to lead this team to a national title. But he's fine, it's just not a stylistic fit. And then he's like kJ Adams, also a fine player. He just needs four all Americans around him to make it work. Come on, friend, like what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Dickson really great player, needs for Steph Curry clones to mean anything, but he's great.
Speaker 3: He needs Moses to come out and part the red seat with his.
Speaker 1: Staffer Nad Layup and Dewan Harris has value. I'm not saying he should never, ever, ever ever be on a college team. He's a backup. He should come off the bench and play twelve minutes a game and the defensive role. And everyone on Twitter, and I know Christian Brown tweets about how he should play because they're buddies, but everyone on Twitter that says, oh, but de one cares about Kansas that can only go, So that's awesome. And we're also like sweet, we can be real critical of the coaching staff because they've screwed a lot up this year, but I think that with the one Harris, they deserve a lot of credit because they've developed Harris into as good as they possibly have could could get him. He is every bit as good right now as he was two years ago. He might actually be a little bit worse because he's a worst shooter now than he was two years ago.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they they developed him as much as possible, and the dudes played by a time. All said and down, the guy will have played over one hundred and eighty games at Kansas, and I'll have scored twenty points once. Like enough. Oh he's not good enough, he's not good.
Speaker 2: He could score twenty in their eventual Big twelve tournament loss to whatever seed, like nine seed? Who would be the nine seed? Let me scroll down Joint Utah again or potentially Baylor Landon.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when we said that last year when we said up, Hunter's out and Kevin's out. D one's gonna need to shoot a lot and he took like eight shots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do rather it was good.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: All right, somebody tell me about the rest of the players, like I grouped everybody else here together.
Speaker 2: All right, let's roll here. Zeke Mayo had six points on two for nine in twenty three minutes. He sucked. There's a rumor that he was involved in a confrontation with the coaching staff after the Utah game. Apparently there was also other players that we were siding with Zeke, so it seems.
Speaker 1: Also he also liked the Instagram post today that said that ranked the most disappointing teams in college basketball, with Kansas at the top of it.
Speaker 2: Good sign if that is true, that would be more defensive than he's been on the court in weeks. Credits Ryan Landers for that one AJ Store atrocious again, he made one of his five shots. He turned the ball over four times in eighteen minutes. David Cooit not the problem. He had eleven points in garbage time, did make a couple of threes. He made the final score look better than it actually was. Ryland Griffin had nine points, including two early threes, after not getting the ok to check in until Kansas was down twenty two to seven.
Speaker 1: I love the hesitation in your voice there, like you were having to read ahead to make sure it didn't say something brutal, lee offensive.
Speaker 2: That is correct, That is absolutely correct. I was checking very reminiscent of Kansas not attempting at three UNTI they're around twenty two to four.
Speaker 1: Againah, that's the malite Newman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was thinking that. And the last couple guys here shack More six points fourteen minutes were keys pass More made a bucket in eleven minutes.
Speaker 1: So Bill Stell started three bigs, decided to give Dewan the most minutes, who again did not score in a game Kansas lost by thirty whatever points until the final TV time out. He gave Hunter the second most and kJ the third most minutes. His buddies won two three. He played Dewan Harris more minutes than any combination of Griffin quite More and Store combined. Combine those players minutes, any combination you want, they won't get more than Dewan Harris's thirty one and Store. Oh my god, he's awful. Like he is awful. I have I have no idea. Yeah, yeah, he just like he every time he touches the ball, he shoots a brick or turns it over. There is he There's never a possession where it goes through him. And he throws an ice pass and it ends in two points. It's turnover a brick.
Speaker 2: And like to Bill selfs moderate defense here. Not all of this is his fault because like aj Storre is terrible, like there there have been like Zeke Mayo is an absolute like atrocious defender. Ryland Griffin has been fine, but has been like pretty underwhelming in comparison to what he was anticipated to be coming into the season. So there are little things like that. I guess see, I think a j storer really bad.
Speaker 1: Really really, I think I think Griffin is the most damning thing for this staff. Because Griffin was elite at a high major program on a big time stage, and he gets to Kansas and doesn't play consistent minutes, the shot quality goes down. There is a possession early in the second half where he is wide open on the perimeter and Kansas is trying to throw the ball back to the very top of the three point line to set up the offense. All right, guys, let's take twenty four seconds to get kJ a touch here like it is. It has to just be a Jeckyll and Hide sort of switch for him, going from Nate Oates to this, And look, Natos hasn't won anything like they got baptized by Missouri the other night because they can't stop a nosebleed on defense. I'm not saying Natos is a better coach than Bill self. What I am saying is, boy, I don't know how great Ryland Griffin likes this after playing in that sort of offense last year. Like he's the piece this year, and and he shouldn't be, because he would be a really important piece if he's used correctly. But he's the guy, like you can look at store and guys and say, okay, but there were there were some holes in there game. But Griffin was an elite shooter on an elite shooting team, and he gets the Kansas and they don't use him right at all.
Speaker 2: No, they play completely away from his strain for the most part, which is athleticism and shooting. He's pretty good in the open floor and he can shoot the basketball, and Kansas doesn't really like to do either of those things.
Speaker 3: We don't really have to flow dribbled around, we.
Speaker 1: Don't really have and oh my gosh, maybe it's just because I've watched more teams that don't do this, but so maybe it's not true, but it feels like that this team has taken more long range floaters and elbow jumpers than any team I've ever watched recently, Like, they will get blitzed and b why you will make back to back threes and the counter is uh de wand dribbles for fifteen seconds? Here you go, Hunter shoot it from fourteen feet out, brick like, like, why how is the coaching staff and then selfs over there getting all mad about it? It's like, but but you're clearly not calling sets to do other things than that. A Are they just moving on their coach.
Speaker 2: The players that he trusts the most. Those are the best shots they have.
Speaker 3: That's all I can do.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like this game, like, there's nothing we can really say predict their predict their record in the next five games.
Speaker 2: Two and three.
Speaker 3: I think they win Oklahoma State at home spoiler alert, they lose Senior Night to Arizona. They lose by eight hundred points at Houston, and then they maybe lose the Texas Tech at home. And what's the other I think at Colorado the.
Speaker 1: I think attack is a better as a as a harder matchup for him than Arizona.
Speaker 2: I agree, I think, and again this is dependent on they want to play basketball at all at this point.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they do. I can't believe I'm saying that. I don't know if they really care. If you tell me right now, basketball players on Twitter saying because they care.
Speaker 2: I do want to. I want to emphasize the point though that again I don't This is not like raw raw for Kansas or like anti the University of Kansas stuff that I think was talking about. Maybe I just misunderstood what people men like. They they've quit on the coaching staff, and I don't think they there's not a very good dynamic that is obvious to see on the basketball court too. These guys personally. This is what happens when you hire mercenaries.
Speaker 1: You also can't HI favorites. And clearly, based on all the reports that are coming out, led by Zeke Mayo's liking of these Facebook posts and whatever, clearly the transfers feel like they're being treated differently than the course. I mean, play Flory More, who is the only person that you can play less? If you want to play Flory More, it's kJ like, it's obvious what that's directed at. You're not liking a play Flory More tweet if you're a kJ defender that's not happening.
Speaker 3: And these guys are really good basketball players. They're also really smart basketball players. They know, like, you can't sit there being a guy that's playing for Kansas going yeah, it makes a lot of sense to play kJ more than Flory.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, they especially if you come from systems like South Dakota State in Alabama that played very high paced, high score basketball and you were clearly under the impression or you wouldn't have transferred here unless you just were in pursuit of the biggest bag. Ryland Griffin doesn't come to Kansas if he thinks that they're going to be slow and ground and pound inside all the time.
Speaker 2: No, because Ryland Griffin expected to start, or at least expect. Yeah, you want a man on this team.
Speaker 1: And he should have. He should be starting. Most people, I think, feel that way, even with his underwhelming season at this point. I don't think that the majority of fans would tell you he should come off the bench.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 2: Now, let me ask you this, though, at this point in season, how much does any of that matter?
Speaker 1: It doesn't. Now they're too deep, they're too deep in the weeds. They're cooked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I fully agree.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, I think if you told me right now that this team had a you know, if somehow you could know that they're gonna try, somehow you could know they're gonna that they've they're gonna rally. I think i'd pick him to win four of their last five. I'm never gonna pick him to lose at home unless that they're playing just a juggernaut and they're playing good seat tames. But I don't think that i'd pick them to lose at home, and I think they should be favored to win at Colorado. They probably will be Vegas favorites unless the floor falls out before we get to the Tech home game. They're probably going to be favored in four of the last five games. But like, you can't trust them at all. You can't trust them. And if they go four and five, which feels like an absolute best case right now, that just gets you to twelve and eight, Like how disappointing that is in the grand scheme of things. If they come out against Oklahoma State and they get off to a bad start, like they fall behind nine to four, ten to four, and it's a time out, are they gonna get booed? What is it gonna take for Allen field House.
Speaker 3: I hope they do the list of.
Speaker 1: Camping groups this week. They were like six groups that camp for this game like that. I wonder what would happen if they are down like forty to twenty eight at halftime against Oklahoma State, if they get boot off the floor at halftime.
Speaker 2: If they go down like let's just say Oklahoma State comes out hot, which Kansas usually starts better at home than on the road. But let's say they have a road esque start to this game and they're down like fourteen to five or something early in this game. Do they just is it? Is it a rap?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Do they just stop?
Speaker 1: It'd be I hope that that does happen, because I want to see what happens, and like the rest of this year is still being written to a certain extent, If they have a rally the win one for the Gipper sort of performance, it could it could propel them in a different direction than if they sleep walk through this game and win seventy eight to seventy two and go to bull like you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: A win one for the Gipper performance necessitates having a gipper. You want to win one four.
Speaker 1: That's that is and they don't like their coach, at least some of them don't. The stats in this game are horrendous. Thirty seven percent from the floor, twenty eight percent from three. They did make three of their five to three free throws. Yay. They re minus ten on the glass and they turned it over fifteen times. Nothing was good about kustrip to Utah. Landon had a better trip to Utah this year or in the last year than Kansas did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. I lost zero basketball games in Utah by.
Speaker 1: A combined that's right. Hey, zero and zero is better than zero and two. Now let's talk about some Let's talk about some other Big twelve games that won unlike ours, maybe games everybody's having more fun than Kansas, even the losing teams. I'll reach scores and you guys, I'll be to one. I will dish out assists and not have to worry about scoring because a point guard only needs to do one thing in today's college basketball.
Speaker 3: Right, let's talk Abo or neither.
Speaker 1: Number nineteen Arizona seventy four, Baylor sixty seven Wildcats. You know, we wondered how worthy their very good record was. Were they playing above their means? Wins like this go to show no, they deserve to be a top three team in the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Arizona led by double digits in the second half in Waco and didn't blow it? Did did? Did Kansas know that was allowed? That is allowed. You don't have to let the other thing back in the game. Toby awake, I'm instead of awake. Toby Awake had fourteen to twelve, as Arizona is in outright possession of second place in the league. They are indeed really really good.
Speaker 1: Baylor is just so mid I didn't expect Baylor to be this mid edgecomb scored like twenty five in this game. He's great. Baylor is just really thin. They remind me of a Kansas team that didn't have the depth because the starting five is very talented.
Speaker 3: Which one what like, which Kansas team that didn't have the depth? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I get it, I get it. I'm very very slow. I'm slower than Hunter Dickinson trying to go. Yeah, Utah seventy four, Kansas State sixty nine, cam rest in peace, Kansas State's hot stream. It's as over as quickly as it started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're hot. Streak CLASSID about fourteen days. Uh, it was a really bad week for the Sunflower State in Utah. The state of Utah made Kansas it's bitch.
Speaker 1: It did and b yu both went to and oh against the two Kansas teams.
Speaker 3: Back to back is like a uh weld on Bell and Jerome.
Speaker 1: It was like a in the soccer whenever they have a little pot of four and they just like they alternate opponents and uh, the two Utah schools just absolutely clabbered the two Kansas schools. This of the four games, by the way, between a Utah school and a Kansas school, this was the only one that was kind of close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it actually was very close. And I will say Case State got a horrible whistle in this game. It was a frocious I watched this game. I cannot believe some of the calls the wedding against k State and like.
Speaker 1: Somebody who may or may not have had a few dollars riding on a Kansas State money line, Am I right?
Speaker 3: Cam, I think, I think, I think I put a five dollars on that. I'm not gonna lie, but it did. It didn't affect my night that much.
Speaker 1: Folks, if you are betting on Jerome tang at the record of thirteen and thirteen to win late in the season. Yeah, there is a number.
Speaker 3: For se.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Utes once dominated it again on the glass, winning fifty one to twenty eight. In the rebounding edge, they got twenty one points from Ezra Asar. Kansas State made eight more threes in Utah and they somehow lost. That's just impossible.
Speaker 1: So did you know that Kansas is exactly add them up one game ahead of Utah and the standings.
Speaker 2: Oh good that I didn't quite realize that. Oh my gosh, Yep, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Oh checks out.
Speaker 1: There, way way, way, way, way more than one game separated from this team. Number five Houston eighty Arizona State sixty five.
Speaker 2: We made fun of Ryan for picking KU to beat Baylor or b b Yu, excuse me, so I do deserve to be made fun of some here for picking Arizona State to beat Houston. That was really really bad. Hey, the Cougars have won more Big twelve road games than Kansas has in the last two seasons. Cougars are seven to zero and Big twelve road games in this year. Eighteen points from LJ. Cryer, who also celebrated his forty fifth birthday this week. In case we were wondering, that's twenty years in college, folks.
Speaker 1: That man's hairline just looks like, well, it's David Points hairline. At this point. It basically just says I have three kids and I'm a divorced dad. It happens, but he's also there to win basketball his hairline.
Speaker 3: Did you know reads Sunday Comics.
Speaker 1: Did you know that LJ. Cryer in the offseason said Kansas was his dream school and he was surprised that they didn't recruit him.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, Bill good Town has made this team and this coaching staff assess his talent like no other.
Speaker 1: They do, especially with three point shooters. Jesus, Bill are not innkeeper. Bill was like, sorry, LJ, there's no room at this end, and uh yeah, the LJA all.
Speaker 3: LJA sleep at the stable. That's Houston.
Speaker 1: L J. Crier may have more wins over Bill self than any college player ever. Right, He's beaten him like five times.
Speaker 2: That's actually what that would be a very interesting status, which which player has the most wins over Bill self?
Speaker 1: I mean it's Lj's beaten Kansas three times at Baylor and twice at at Kansas or at Houston, and so he's he's got a lot of against Kansas. Yep uh to you see you sixty nine, number nine, Texas Tech sixty six. I think I just skipped over a game. That's fine, Cam, go ahead and read about the horn Frogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who cares. Jamie Dixon is over five hundred play music. TCU might just sneak into the field. I have no idea how they won this game, considering they made fewer baskets, fewer threes, and did not force many turnovers. Desmond Baine got his jersey retired. He is a three man.
Speaker 1: There there's another three man.
Speaker 2: I'll put them on the list.
Speaker 3: He does prefer kJ Adams, would start kJ Adams over Paul Pierce.
Speaker 1: Somebody on Twitter said that they're glad that they didn't recruit Cooper Flagg because he would come off the bench on billion.
Speaker 2: I'm not totally convinced that's a joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nope, not.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I haven't Cooper flag get a floor burn yet landing, So I know that says not good enough. That's that says that's why kJ beat him. Energy number eight Iowa State seventy nine Colorado sixty five. Rest in Peace. Colorado's hot streak last weekend to very early in this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right back in the little box goes Colorado. After finally winning a game, they got absolutely smacked by a much much better Cycle Ones team.
Speaker 1: What's the line on the how many points would I? How how close to Kansas would I have to make the line to make it enticing for you to bet on Kansas at Colorado? If I gave you a straight hick them, would you pick Kansas with confidence?
Speaker 2: Not with confidence?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I wouldn't either. I don't know if i'd pick him straight up now, depending on what they do at Oklahoma State. Matt Tait was on the on eight ten this week. He knows Kansas dolls anyone. He predicted they lose in Colorado. He said Colorado walked out of the game at Allen saying Okay, we'll see you in a couple of weeks. And Kansas isn't showing a lick a fight right now. He said, that's a horrible combination. They might lose in Boulder at midnight.
Speaker 2: They really might, like they genuinely could.
Speaker 1: YEP, wouldn't put it past them. West Virginia sixty two Cincinnati fifty nine. We've got two teams that Kansas has racking up l's against in the last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks Bill West. Virginia was a three and a half point favorite that led by nine with thirty seconds left and they did not cover. For those of you listening, that's why you should not sports bet. I did bet on this, but I got it at two and a half.
Speaker 1: Oh hey then just barely because yeah that allegedly Cincinnati is right there with Kansas in terms of disappointing Big twelve teams. I thought they'd be a lot better and they're in twelfth place.
Speaker 3: When Kansas won it, Yeah, Kansas won in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: We were like, guys, the world wolves are over. Oh yeah, they won fifty four to forty game back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were no red flags at all about winning fifty four to forty. No, sirree, Bob Oklahomas Kate one hundred and four U s F ninety five Landon. Don't look now, but a fun Big twelve game has a second, fun Big twelve game has hit the World Trade Center.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. I love jokes about tragedy, by the way, keep them coming. Cameron Brice, Bryce Thompson at my point exactly. Bryce Thompson had a career high twenty five points, and it came in, is this actually this cannot actually his two hundred and sixty second college basketball game, right, Oh.
Speaker 3: It's not, but it feels like it.
Speaker 1: It is since nine eleven.
Speaker 2: Goodness, I'm when we retirement job. Congrats to Brice. He's getting hot, just in time to walk into Allenfield House and smack his old team UCF. Turns out Kansas is high. Scoring outings against UCF were indicative of nothing because UCF is atrocious on defense. May have one hundred and nine to LSU, ninety nine and ninety one to Kansas, eighty nine to Arizona State, who is bad, one hundred and eight to Iowa State, ninety three to Cincinnati, who has struggled offensively all year, and now one hundred and four to Oklahoma State, who also is not very good at all.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, so ed Bryce Thompson's very first collegiate basketball game as a freshman. He took the court, got ready to run out there, and they said, well, now we'll take a moment of silence. For two months ago, his terrorist attacks in New York City and he was only eighteen years old when that happened, and still here making three's at Kansas. I couldn't believe he hadn't scored twenty five yet, considering how many times he's played at Allen Field House.
Speaker 2: And he's had some pretty good games at Oklahoma State, like he's been alright there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's been their leading score like three years in a row. And this is his first twenty five point game. Fun. In fact, his old high school coach it's yelled at Rockshok blog on Twitter when I said he couldn't shoot. Well, yeah, buddy, it took him two thousand games to score twenty five points. Wind up beat right on that one, more right than I was about the Kansas BYU pick Big twelve standings. We're really starting to get further apart here. Houston's gonna win the league. They're fourteen and one, Arizona is twelve and three, Iowa State in Texas Tech at eleven and four, and BYU not Kansas BYU. They're the team that's in outright fifth getting to nine and six.
Speaker 2: Tide Tide for six is Kansas Baylor and TCU at eight and seven. Truly the middle of the league, West Virginia, Utah and k State. Now what do all those three teams have in common? Folks? They beat Kansas, they are tied for now I remember.
Speaker 1: Making the tournament. Oh, I like mine better Land and that's it.
Speaker 2: And they are seven and eight, and then Cincinnati and Oklahoma State tied for twelve. They are five and ten.
Speaker 3: And just like my quality on the show, I bring up the rear here, number fourteen, UCS four and eleven, Number fifteen Arizona State three, twelve player in the conference though with but sheher g hod and number sixteen Colorado one in fourteen still do.
Speaker 1: They're not going to be due after next Monday. So what if you take out those bottom five teams who Kansas is a combined five and zero against, they are what three and seven against the top ten teams in the league.
Speaker 2: They haven't played over on the state yet, so let's not counter eggs.
Speaker 1: But they have two wins over UCF. They beat UCF twice Senior Leadership three and seven against the top ten teams in the Big twelve. That's that's I'm the same as their road wreck.
Speaker 3: Great job.
Speaker 1: Haven't beaten a team that finished in the top five of Big twelve play on the road since two thy and twenty, the day that they wanted Baylor, right before COVID. It's been a long time Trump was the president. Back then, it was so long ago.
Speaker 3: Others started with a gorilla dying in a Cincinnati zoo.
Speaker 1: That is true. Atlanta thinks was justified, and it wasn't.
Speaker 2: As soon as it's put in front of me.
Speaker 1: There was chaos everywhere in the SEC. But one thing that we have come to expect and know as a passage of life is porter mosers. Awful Oklahoma team getting let's rull that up so every they get absolutely demolished by every quality squad they play. They were crapped on what I read. I read all that I should have liket Cam read this from the start. Yeah, you probably would have. In an eighty five to sixty three loss at number two Florida that allegedly made one of the three of us some money. After starting thirteen to zero on the season, the Sooners have lost ten of thirteen conference games, which is kind of like what Kansas has done since November.
Speaker 2: Number one Auburn struggled, but they did defeat Arkansas by seven or twenty one Missisipi State upset seven Texas A and M at home, and seventeen Kentucky blew out. But the winner in the conference was number fifteen Missouri. They hung one hundred and ten on Alabama and sent the Crimson Tide for their second straight loss. The final score of one hundred and ten to ninety eight. Mark Mitchell, who's from Kansas City by the way, went off for thirty one points. Cale Grill added twenty five. That's Bryce Thompson's career high. For those keeping track fun facts, Missouri scored just fourteen four points in this game than Kansas did in their entire two game stint in Utah. So that's how That's how the season's going, folks.
Speaker 1: Missouri is nasty. They are the second best team in the SEC right now by record, by the way, they're in second place in the SEC. They are so slept on they're gonna do something stupid in the tournament because it's Missouri. We know how it goes. But they are like a three seed right now, and that may be too low. Just a nasty basketball team.
Speaker 2: The SA in one year so ridiculously stacked though, like Auburn Florida, Alabama, Texas A and m Missouri Mississippi.
Speaker 1: But Missouri's be a lot of those teams. Missouri won at Florida, Missouri, there be Alabama. Missouri has wins over They have went over Mississippi State on the road by like thirty.
Speaker 2: Like this is a good basketball.
Speaker 1: Team in Colombia. And Alabama just absolutely historic stuff. Nate oates through his clipboard and got a technical in this game. It is really hard to score ninety eight and lose in regulation, like by double digits.
Speaker 3: That is hard to do.
Speaker 1: And Missouri, by the way, they missed sixteen free throws in regulation and still scored one hundred and ten.
Speaker 3: Kansas won't even shoot sixteen free.
Speaker 1: Throws in a game, so no, they shot five in provo.
Speaker 3: Heck yeah, in the Big Ten, of course, I forget this one. Number fourteen Michigan State gather first win over Number thirteen pduing four seasons by taking them down at home seventy five to sixty six. They're within a half game of first place Michigan, who hosts the Spartans in an arbor this weekend. On a scale of sticking the important part of your body into a blender and ten. How happy am I to see Tom Mizzo having success. Well, lucky for you guys, I purchased a ninja blender last and I'm waiting to break it in.
Speaker 1: Well, if they win in Michigan, it might be time, buddy, because the winner of that game is gonna win the league.
Speaker 3: And it's icy. There's no winner there.
Speaker 1: Michigan State is Michigan State. They're gonna get like a five seed and they're gonna lose to a team that they should in the NCAA tournament, and people are still gonna be like, but Tom Mizzo usually wins in March like it's they're the same team every year, and Kansas beat them, so they might be disqualified just on merit. At this point number eleven, Wisconsin scored ninety five and blew out Illinois on the road, which is hard to believe. It was at it was in Madison, I guess whatever. It's hard to believe because that a team can lose aj Store and get better on offense. I don't know how that's a possibility, but it is. Wisconsin has never been an offensive firepower and they are immediately after losing aj Store.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take the over on that happening two years in a row. Number three, Duke, they took a giant jukie on Virginia, as God intended every team do for the next thousand years hopefully so Man Virginia deserves truly nothing on a basketball perspective. They won eighty to sixty two. They get to fifteen in one in acc play. Behind them is a two way time between number eighteen Clemson and twenty five Louisville, Who's back from the dead, folks. They're both thirteen to two in a conference that is going to struggle to get five NCUBA births.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Someone said North Carolina as a bubble team, and I assume they mean by bubble team they will be blowing bubbles as a three seed in the NIT because there is absolutely no way that we need an NCAA tournament with Texas, Oklahoma or North Carolina anywhere by it. So, Mark Purgon was in the stands for some reason wearing a UNC pullover. I think he works in the athletic department. Getting a nice glimpse at Hubert Davis. You know the meme of the astronaut getting ready to shoot the other astronaut. It may as well have been that, because he's absolutely taking that man's job very soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a matter of a month and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is it for Hubert, it has to be. He's awful.
Speaker 3: Future Mall Easter Bunny. Speaking of future Mall Easter Bunny, all of the guys that played for DePaul did to Paul win. No, they got crop dusted by twenty four points at home to Rick Pattino, who also cosplays as a vampire.
Speaker 1: Did you go watch the game Camerick Patino was in your city?
Speaker 3: I no, I had to protect all the women around me. Did he have Hopefully?
Speaker 1: You know. The good news is all the apple Bee's is have closed since, so I don't think there's any Wayzer says that woke up needing Plan B after Rick Patino was in town this time. No, that did happen, Land, And that's not even that's not Ryan making a bad joke. That's absolutely what happened. He had to pay for it.
Speaker 3: No, I believe you allegedly, Well, I don't think that's alleged.
Speaker 1: I think she sued him in court and there were did do it. Yeah, I think that that's what the rare times where allegedly doesn't want ranked teams to lose. Since the last show, Number four Alabama back to back weeks in the middle of a stretch where they played their last six games against ranked teams. They're zero and two so far. They lost at missour Arena.
Speaker 2: Number seven Texas A and M.
Speaker 3: They lost Mississippi State, number nine Texas Tech lost TCU.
Speaker 1: Number thirteen, Perdue lost in Isoville, and number twenty three.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, oh buddy, uh oh our buddy bill.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, here come nine of them.
Speaker 2: Damn damnit, damn it, damn it, damn it, damn.
Speaker 3: It, damn.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, we got an hour and four minutes. You think that's the moment when they turn it off in not the nine to eleven Bryce Thompson joke or the Applebee's joke or the crop dusted left reference? What What do you think it was? What do you think is the line? What do you think there has been a moment.
Speaker 3: We want to give them the line? Right here? Can I can I just give them a line? I can I draw a line in the sand? Can I just stop the podcasting this tracks? Did you guy?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Here's your random fact of the week. I'm bringing it back, two of them right in a row. Do you guys know the chuck e Cheese? The real name is Charles Earl's Cheese, Charles Earl Cheese.
Speaker 2: I thought it was Charles Entertainment Cheese.
Speaker 3: I think the east for Earl is that.
Speaker 1: The Are you talking about the actual Chucky cheese or the animatromic that you've allegedly done dirty things.
Speaker 3: With or I didn't allegedly go with it. I just said I would rather have a Chucky cheese animatronic penetrate me than watch Patrick Mahomes play for Kansas in the Elite eight. And that's a fair statement.
Speaker 1: Genmly couldn't the other facts.
Speaker 3: The other facts of the night is, are you guys aware that hippos can live up to forty to fifty years and they can run thirty miles per hour on land, which is thirty miles per hour faster than Bill Sooff can move.
Speaker 1: Right now, I was gonna say it's twenty seven miles an hour faster than Hunter Dickinson can to sprint, but that they both work.
Speaker 2: I didn't know the second part. I did not know the first. That's a long time to be running that fast.
Speaker 1: So if you thirty miles an hour, that is insane.
Speaker 3: And they want to they will care and beasts think about a Chevy and Pala that's alive. That's what it is.
Speaker 1: I might need to sit down here, Cam, I'm don't make me, don't make me go there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because yeah, Ryan watches Escape from Madagascar and gets a raging hard on for the hippo. It's about Gloria that way. I couldn't remember her name. I thought it was Oprah Winfrey.
Speaker 2: Oh he does, he remembers, He remembers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, there's a reason that Cam knows Charles Entertainment cheeses.
Speaker 2: You know what, screw it.
Speaker 3: You guys are getting three facts as we don't care anymore. This this podcast sucks. We're burning into the ground. Did you guys know the Captain Crunch? Captain Crunch, the real name is Captain uh oh man, I'm gonna butcher this. I believe it is a Magellan Horatio Crunch. Wow, how do you know that?
Speaker 1: How does anybody know that?
Speaker 3: I have a lot of problems and a lot of free time.
Speaker 2: That's a quick game, Captain.
Speaker 3: You sound like Magellan Horatio Horatio Crunch. Yes, h O R A C I L Crunch Magellan, Horatio time.
Speaker 2: You can hang out with it's Horatio Magellan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Horatio Magellan.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, that's beautiful style. Do you know the boat that Horatio Magellan is the captain of.
Speaker 3: The Titanic, which Bill Soft just sunk with an iceberg named kJ Adams.
Speaker 2: That's better than the real answer.
Speaker 3: I don't know the answer to that one.
Speaker 1: I posted the ascarcbs late in the day on purpose. I did it like four hours before we started the show, and there's still twenty nine responses. Good lord, here we go. Most of them are not questions that we have any reason to answer, like, you know, should we kill ourselves caliber question?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: At at Marscene coat underscore FC. If Kansas does not win another game this season, hypothetically they go zero and five, do they miss the NCAAs? No?
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, it's close. Close.
Speaker 1: You think there's seventeen and fifteen and they get in. I think they'd be out in that case.
Speaker 3: Uh, I kind of want to see that happen.
Speaker 2: It would be fifteen. Yeah, you're right, you're right, they do.
Speaker 1: Look at what have you done for me? Lately a little I don't know that.
Speaker 3: Would be I'd love to see what would happen there.
Speaker 1: It would be bad. This is a Creighton account that has gone back and forth with me a little bit since they played in December. At kra takes is Aj Stort the most disappointing transfer in school history.
Speaker 3: It's problem pop, Isaac says, because he's a rapist.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Cam's just going I'm out here try I don't make care anymore, and Cam's out here like what if I mess it? Is?
Speaker 2: I think Nick Timberlake is still is still one a. But uh Aj was given a million dollars. Yeah, that's actually super fair and was supposed to be better than Timberlake. Timberlake was supposed to be a role player a store theoretically was like the second leading scorer on the team.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't even imagine what our prop bets looked like. We'll find out, Oh we will.
Speaker 3: Dickinson's winning the Nasmith, Yeah yeah I did.
Speaker 1: And to be honest, Hunter Dickinson is averaging sixteen and ten. It's not like he's total what job there?
Speaker 3: But he may be the.
Speaker 1: Furthest the sixteen and ten guy has ever been from the naysmith. But you can't win them all, folks at Show Me Hawk says Kansas Basketball isn't the only disappointment within the Cow Valley this year, because you and KC basketball was picked to win the Summit League in the preseason and they are sitting at eleven and seventeen and three and ten in conference play. Oh wow, Marvin Menzies is pulling a poor moser. That's pretty disappointing. You and k C hasn't been good in my life. No.
Speaker 2: I think they had like the one fine year where they were like the two seed in that league and didn't make the turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we thought they would have a chance to win the seventh League tourney and get in and they did it. Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 3: When your mascot is kangaro Jack, do you really have that much hope?
Speaker 1: I like the ruse and their colors.
Speaker 3: Are I like kangaro Jack? By the way, great movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have the they have a lot of their apparel at local rally houses down here, and they're awesome in the yellow. Yes, it just says Kansas City on it. I like you and k C better than Kansas City. Uh, but I think the gear looks good. Cool Jim too. No, I guess that's it's me, isn't it?
Speaker 2: At?
Speaker 1: Hilarious? Uh at Chris Siroco Two, If you gave Houston a forty point head start, would they still beat Kansas? That's a fun question. If the game in Houston was played tomorrow, and how many points would you have to spot Houston at the start before you'd still pick Kansas to win?
Speaker 2: Straight up?
Speaker 1: I think it's like twenty.
Speaker 2: I think it's thirty.
Speaker 1: No, Kansas gets twenty four points. God at aj Stevenson. When Bill talked about the team needing a break from each other, was he talking about him needing a break from the players?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Yes, there's a lot of rumblings going around Twitter where it sounds like there may have been a confrontation allegedly to quote Cam between the players and the coaching staff on a recent Utah trip, where it included Bill self storming off. I don't know if that was Bill self saying I'm not dealing with this, taking his ball and going home, or if it was Bill self saying all right, you guys figure this out and I'll give you some space. We don't know just whatever. It is not usually the sort of thing that happens when the team's really good.
Speaker 3: Definitely, yeah, not a deal.
Speaker 1: Let's see here at Show me Hawk says, I do agree that Self has not done a good coaching job this year, but I do not want him to go out. I don't want him to go out on back to back seasons of mediocre basketball. I think the shows we didn't appreciate the consistency of the streak enough. Probably so Kansas fans acted like it was a birthright to win the Big Twelve. But I certainly thought whenever they stopped winning it, I thought they just have a few years of like second and fourth and stuff. Not this. I believe this will be the first time in Selfs tenure that they'll go back to back years without winning the league at least once.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Shoe Me Hawk also says, trying to picture in my head Darren Peterson being good enough to go out and lead us to road wins in cities like Ames, Tucson, Waco, Houston, Lubbock, or Manhattan. They're gonna win in one of those six places next year. If Darren Peterson keeps his commitment, I'll predict.
Speaker 2: That hopefully he does would think.
Speaker 1: At Elliot rus in h one with a good question. It's a challenging one though, at this point in the year, say one thing about this team that isn't negative.
Speaker 3: They haven't died, well metaphorically, sir.
Speaker 1: They've been dead since the start of the Utah.
Speaker 2: Trip ohe Mayo makes three. Sometimes they are.
Speaker 1: Pretty They are having a pretty good season with uniforms.
Speaker 3: Are they, though?
Speaker 2: The Fear did you guys see the Fear of God uniforms?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's about to blow up that that sentences.
Speaker 2: Those are not close to as good as they should be, because Fear of God's pretty good in general, and those uniforms are not.
Speaker 1: Those are bottom three uniforms they've worn. The worst three uniforms they've worn. Are those The Camo unis that they did for one game, that one big twelve tournament and the the white and black ones that they wore for a West Virginia.
Speaker 2: Home game a couple of years ago were disgusting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, running that back. Uh, they were supposed to wear really awful Black History Month uniforms and instead they're wearing really awful Fear of God ones.
Speaker 2: Those just had the Jayhawk on them a game or two ago. I don't remember who that was against, but those were frocious. Yeah, yep, the sides were cool.
Speaker 3: But what is going on?
Speaker 1: Man? Adidas? James Bedford says, I really haven't followed Kansas in about a month. Is everything still going good?
Speaker 3: By?
Speaker 1: That's like the meme of the guy waking up from his coma being like, sir, you've been in a coma since Thanksgiving? Oh boy, I can't wait to hear all my Jayhawks have done.
Speaker 2: They've done walking into the room on fire from community yep.
Speaker 1: At Dick Underscore Taser says, are you regretting having this podcast at this point and having to cover game? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Boys, I'm glad to know you.
Speaker 3: Your response, I.
Speaker 1: Think that looking back on it, the Kansas is terrible. Shows are usually the most fun podcasts.
Speaker 2: But if they go one and four in their next five games, oh man, what are we gonna do?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What is the tenor of the show gonna be? If they have lost like three in a row in the Houston show going into the senior day against Arizona.
Speaker 3: Arizona eighty four un ran Kansas twelve, guys really felt good about this one. A lot to look forward to to. The first round NIT matchup with UMKC matches up well for Hunter Dickinson. He's gonna drop twenty four and ten Zeke Mayo will have a strong game because this is a type of caliber player he played against. Bill self might actually come out of his shell, see his shadow and relegate himself to the SEC. Oh wait, he'd lose their two h Curtis Townsend invited a porn star to the sidelines for the game on Twitter by accident. Things seem to be going well there.
Speaker 1: That would be the thing to watch right there. We run out of things to watch, but that we'd watch for Curtis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Curts is staring intensely at a screen on his phone. It's just born hub. It's one of those things game guys really confusing.
Speaker 1: The guy sitting two rows behind him gets a glimpse of Curtis's shirt besize sixty font it's just an adult website. Hey, at least they'd be doing something entertaining.
Speaker 3: Boobs and it's just eight character size is too big.
Speaker 2: Who would be having a better time us watching Ku lose at home to Arizona on CA or Curtis Towns and watching cam girls on his phone publicly.
Speaker 3: Type of guy that he goes to like a twin peaks and ask women about their feelings.
Speaker 1: At Rock Chalk eighty four, should Bill have done what Roy used to do and pull his stars and putting the walk on? Okay? I have two things with this. First of all, I've seen so many people say that. And no, he shouldn't have walk walk Ons aren't the same guys like Walkons used to be, like Evan Manning and and Connor t Hann or whatever. Now they I don't even know. These walk Ons are like, no, it would go very bad. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And I can't even think of another one.
Speaker 3: Who's that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Who is the second tallest player on the team. I think after a hunter? That's true? At hbt FD eighty nine, just says Firebell self, I no, don't at this point, sure switch it up. We'll see what happens at the Old Booth sixty nine. Out of the one and kJ, who would Bill choose to bail out of jail if he only could save one? He would sacrifice himself. He would sacrifice hisself. He would like in the Beast Games episode where one of the three people have to choose who's like keeping themselves locked to the inside of the cell so the other two can leave. That would be Bill, He would, he would, he would, he would opt to let them walk free, and Zeke Mayo would walk in and be like, boy, Bill could, I could just spare twenty five cents and he'd tell him to kick rocks. Speaking of Zeke at Kyle Chris two to two, is there still talk about the NCAA athletes getting a fifth year of eligibility? Is there hope that we could get another year of Zeke Mayo. I'm not sure Zeke Mayo would come back if Bill asked him to, if he could.
Speaker 2: How much money would it take Zeke to come back?
Speaker 1: There's a there's a number. And he is a Kansas guy, right like he likes Kansas.
Speaker 3: He's a kid from the poor guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel bad for him. He finally got to play for Kansas, his hometown team, and and this is the year he gets uh when he has not been the problem. I don't know if that will ever happen, nor should it. We got enough old guys running around at this point.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Someone on Twitter said I would like Auburn's average age is like twenty three and their starting lineup or something like that, and someone said, well, I would hope Auburn could be good looking at the average age of their players, And I'm like, buddy, you know I don't want to take you want to come to a game at Allen Field Alls and see that that's not an insta guarantee for success just because your players are old, because Hunter Dickinson is older, Like, Hunter Dickenson's like three years younger than than freaking Devin Booker at this point, and it.
Speaker 2: Is, yeah, no success.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. Oh, man, Hunter Dickinson's older than Landon?
Speaker 3: How close is he twenty six? He's four twenty four.
Speaker 2: Let's see when was Hunter Dickinson's birthday.
Speaker 1: It's late in the year, like the season or that, like he he turned twenty four in like November or December of last year. So you haven't beat by half a year Landon, Okay, I haven't beat by like a couple months at b Helz three. Would Cooper Flag be sixth Man of the year at KU? I think he might be unstoppable behind kJ but I'm not an expert.
Speaker 3: Well done, man, I appreciate your contribution to society. Yeah, it's our and the show.
Speaker 1: And then there's a lot of questions. It's kind of to even this out here, a lot of questions. Everybody wants to know. How do they fix the team? Why is the talent evaluation wrong? Why do they get crappy players when other teams get good players? Who we keeping, who we leave in odds are just about everybody who can leave will because that's how the portal works. I would be stunned if guys like Store and Griffin didn't already have their hat in the portal, uh, and they've just gotten wrong a couple of years, Like you could probably blame the core flush it. We'll see what happens next year. Like, there really isn't a ton to analyze until we start knowing, uh, who they're going to, what their plan to get better is, because you know, the donors aren't going to put up with this for much longer.
Speaker 2: You know, uh, men in Black, you guys know Men in Black? Yeah, you know memory erase flash thing. I think if if we do that and also fast forward the calendar to about, uh, let's say late October of this year, I think that will fix this year's team, probably.
Speaker 1: And and at the Old Booth sixty nine said, or excuse me at ku Underscore, Nagy says, what is the best hypothetical starting five of Bill self era players? But Dewan and kJ are required to be in the lineup, So Bill selves, you're already forty percent of the way there to Bill seals best starting.
Speaker 3: Five and his want to throw something.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you were actually doing this, I would say, I mean, having a center like Hunter is workless in this scenario. I think I'd have kjb my five. If you're telling me I had to build this roster, kJ is the five, and I would surround to one with like Sve Wiggins and and like Brandon Rush. I'd have three guards that can all shoot and drive.
Speaker 3: To the cup, right, I guess, Yeah, I still don't think they'd be that good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'd be pretty good, those three NBA players there, they'd be pretty good. But yeah, it wouldn't be maximum obviously. It'd be really funny how Andrew Wiggins would slam into kJ and the post whenever he's driving to score, like, because that's just and and kJ is just standing there, not moving And all right, guys, if they don't win this one, well, you thought the floor fell out last week? Who boy? Oklahoma State at number twenty three, get a take a picture. Whenever the graphic comes up and shows the number in front of Kansas's name, it's the last time you're going to see it this year. Kansas, Saturday, February twenty second, at three pm afternoon CBS game Fear of God uniforms. Huh, feel self they might get booed.
Speaker 2: Oklahoma State. They're gonna do their best to not let Kansas get booed because they're not very good. The coach by Steve Lutz at thirteen and thirteen on the year, they are five and ten in conference play. For those keeping track, that's only three games worse than Kansas. They are zero to seven in conference road games.
Speaker 1: Also just three games worse than Kansas.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: Somehow still here and set to play at his one hundred and twenty ninth career game. Real Actually yeah is that actually?
Speaker 1: Yep? One hundred and twenty nine.
Speaker 3: That's wild. Uh. He averages twelve points. He shoots thirty five percent from three. The point guard is r turo Dean, who had seven points and three assists. Brandon Newman, Khalil Brantley, and Jamiron Keller distant relative of held Keller. I'll get perimeter minutes, and none of them are good three point shooters.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and read about the Bigs landing, because I got a couple of things I want to add to their to the to the scouting report.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it. The Biggs feature four man six to eight Markllis Avery leads a team with twelve points and does pop out on the perimeter, make thirty seven percent of his threes. Pretty good center is six ' ten Abou Oosman, who's the team's best rebounder with twelve points and six rebounds. So there's some dudes. They have a couple guys down there that can play for sure.
Speaker 1: So Oklahoma State is the highest tempoed team in the Big Twelve. I don't know how much you remember about Steve Lutz. He came from Western Kentucky. This is the guy that coached the Hilltoppers whenever they had that lead over two seed Marquette in the fifteen versus two game last year for a while, and they just put it on Marquette for a while and ran out of gas. They in his opening press conference at Oklahoma State. He said his philosophy is he wants at least one shot before the shot clock reads thirteen seconds. They shoot a ton. They are early remember Samford last year, think that, but less reliance on threes. They want to take a ton of shots and a ton of possessions per game. They are the fastest team in the twelve, so that will be very interesting to see how that works here because Kansas isn't super high tempo. They're not particularly slow, but they don't play that fast. They are top fifteen nationally and drawing fouls because there are so many possessions in all their games. They average almost twenty five free throw attempts per game as a team, but everything else metrically is terrible. They shoot forty three percent from the floor, they're under thirty three percent from three. They're outside the top two hundred rebounds. They turn it over almost fourteen times a game, but they score a decent amount of points because again, so many possessions. They are a very very very very poor man's Alabama according to Ken Palm, even though they won a few more games than Colorado, they are the Big twelve's worst graded team with a ranking of one hundred and six, only Big twelve team to be outside the top one hundred per ken Pom so much. Now, I don't know if that's fall he's used, he's used to you being after me. I don't know that that kind of feels like that kind of feels like you. That feels like win to one throws a lot BYKJ and it's a bad pass, but kJ could have caught it, and we're not quite sure who to blame, so we'll just give you each a turnover on that one.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I was eating wheat thins out of the box and was staring at my ceilings. Anyway, you want to.
Speaker 1: Know what Landon has introduced me to, sir? Have you had the tomato basil wheat thins?
Speaker 3: Very good?
Speaker 2: In a minute?
Speaker 3: Are they good?
Speaker 2: They are?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Landon introduced those to me and I have gotten them ever since. Get them like every two weeks at the grocery store.
Speaker 3: I'll try. The Jayhawks may be terrible against just about everybody right now, but they have been money against Oklahoma State as of wait, they're twelve and one in their last thirteen matchups with the Cowboys. Struggling to read this doesn't meaning to wheat thin. Dating back in twenty eighteen, Wolso Me and the Cowboys would become the first team ever to beat Bill self three times at Allen Field House.
Speaker 1: All right, So, uh, there's three different ways this is gonna go. Kansas is either gonna win comfortably, Kansas is gonna win in a game that looked just like the Colorado game where they're up by seven to ten the whole game and don't look that interested and don't leave you inspired. Or Kansas is gonna lose. What say you?
Speaker 2: I am going to say Kansas to win. I think they win, and I think they win a game of a much more sleepy variety. I'll say the Jayhawks win seventy two to sixty four in a game that's like pretty tight. But Kansas is just better. But that's honestly saying that they want to play at all, because if they really don't, then this is a losible game. I think they are better than Oklahoma State. I think they will show up enough for Oklahoma State, and I do think they will get.
Speaker 3: A very bad win. I mean, yeah, I think Kansas wins about like ten. Give me, I don't know. Kansas seventy five Oklahoma State sixty five in a game that we just look at and go, eh, yeah, checks out, that's it.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna I think they're gonna score a lot of points because I think that Oklahoma States tempo, they turn it over quite a bit. I think Kansas will get some runouts. This feels like a good Florian kJ sort of game, almost to the point where I wonder if they'll sit Hunter for extended stretches to play Flory and caj together, because they're gonna want to have speed and athleticism on the court. It feels like a game where Flory goes off for like seventeen and ten and we're sitting there going, well, I'm glad he hadn't been playing very much recently. I think Kansas scores a lot of points and wins like eighty four to sixty six, But I don't know if that says a lot about them. I just think that they are so much better than a very very bad Oklahoma State team, and I think that the home crowd gets them going a little bit, and maybe for at least a few minutes out of time, you forget about how bad the season is and you see him play pretty well, and they need it. They if they don't come out and play well, when was the last time they played well? When is last time they played a good game all the way around? Was it freaking UCF in the second game? Maybe Cincinnati? I guess, I don't know, Like.
Speaker 2: They didn't they didn't play a good game against UCF and Allen.
Speaker 1: I guess it was the Iowa State game. They played well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, game that's on.
Speaker 1: But they need to play well. And you know, at the end of the day, they are college kids, not robots. So for their own sanity, after a really crappy week and hearing it up on socials and all that, I hope they go out and they just play really well. Other Big Twelve games TCU at Cincinnati. As law the universe sets, TCU must always be five hundred. A loss here would get them there. I'll take the Bearcats.
Speaker 2: Same Yeah, TCU. Couple dramatic wins in a row and the luck runs out Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Since West Virginia at number nine, Texas Tech feels like a pod Red Raiders team at home wins by a lot correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not close game of the day in the Big.
Speaker 1: Twelve maybe the year number eight. Iowa State at number five Houston. I really would like to pick the Cyclones, but I just don't think they have nearly as much talent. They play well together, they are a very cohesive team, They're well coached. But I just think Houston is simply a lot better. So I think that they win. The Cougars do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Houston is a terminator.
Speaker 3: Houston by four.
Speaker 1: Baylor at Colorado. Do the Buffaloes get caught? Look gonna add to the jay Birds.
Speaker 2: They get caught being not very good at basketball?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Baylor, But I still think Colorado's.
Speaker 1: Do by Oh, just wait till Monday. BYU at number nineteen Arizona. I see this feels like a game that BYU wins to balance out Arizona's record a little bit. But considering what BYU is coming off of, I'm not gonna pick it.
Speaker 3: Give me the Wildcats same, Yeah, definitely Wildcats.
Speaker 1: Utah at UCF. Give me the Knights. But these are teams going in different directions.
Speaker 3: Uh sure, yeah, Chalk, we've all been chok.
Speaker 1: Yep, and I think we'll probably stay with it here. Arizona State at k State. Give me the Cats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sadly.
Speaker 1: Other games the Battle for cam What is Michigan?
Speaker 3: What are they are? They?
Speaker 1: Are they the Great Lake State? What's the nickname?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's well, it's a mitten, but like I don't know what it is the Great.
Speaker 1: It is Battle for the Great Lake State and and Arbor number fourteen, Sparty at number twelve Michigan. I will take the Wolverines at home. I think they are the better team of these two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gi me, I don't know. I've been thinking Michigan State. I'm gonna go with my gut. Give me Sparty on the road.
Speaker 3: Okay, I do think it's Michigan here. They're way better offensively, and I think, yeah they get it none at home.
Speaker 1: Number six. Tennessee at number seven Texas A and M. Good game. I think the Vowls are very overrated. I don't think they're a top five SEC team. I will take the Aggies at home comfortably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 1: Another chance for porter number twenty one, Mississippi State goes into Norman. Do they do they do the Do the Sooners get a dub? No?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No? I will never ever pick Oklahoma to win one of these games. Number seventeen Kentucky at number four Alabama. This feels like where Alabama gets Landon. We thought that Bama would bounce back and win by twenty. At Missouri, this feels like the spot where it happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is gonna be like one hundred and fifty to one hundred and twenty kind of game Alabama wins.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, take the over folks.
Speaker 1: Number three Duke against Illinois in a random non conference game at Madison Square Garden. It feels like a decent spot to pick against the Blue Devils. Either one of you gonna do it?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, sure give me Illinois.
Speaker 3: I actually will. I'll take Illinois.
Speaker 1: See I don't I think Illinois trending straight into the toilet. I just think Duke overwhelms them.
Speaker 3: But it is it.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe the random uptick in competition gets him. Number fifteen Missouri at Arkansas. It is hard to pick against the Tigers right now, but eventually I think this league is too good. I will take John Caliperi's razorback squad on their last legs to cling to NCAA tournament hope and get this win.
Speaker 2: Uh No, Missouri will score points.
Speaker 3: Give me Arkansas. I went on.
Speaker 1: So in the last game in which Arkansas lost to Auburn sixty seven to sixty, they had a player by the name of Zvonimir Visik, who is a John CALIPERI recruited.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you see this.
Speaker 1: He's seven to from Croatia. And this man really went out there and he had ten shots.
Speaker 2: In this game.
Speaker 1: And then my man missed all ten of them. He was zerover nine from three for the most insane thirty minute goose egg I've ever seen a bit. I've never seen a player score thirty minutes and shoot ten times and not score.
Speaker 2: It's called the dwe Harris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Now, Dewan would have made two, so he could have scored his six points. Gets to a thousand career points after a half a million games. And then uh final number thirteen per Due at Indiana. I love picking games at Assembly Hall because you just never your gut tells you to pick Indiana at home, and they never win these games. I'm gonna say Perdue bounces back.
Speaker 2: I have to because I was thinking the same thing.
Speaker 3: Now, you know what, screw it, play the music. I don't care, mister Potato had Mike Woodson. He finally gets signature win at home.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of signature wins at home, Kansas is the next game? I know? Is Kansas in twenty twenty five a signature win? I don't know if it is. It's Eyu is just gonna lie utah albeat him and were, okay, what's next?
Speaker 3: Like Bill has stunned to Kansas this year? What Mount Vesuvius did to Pompeii in eighty seventy nine, Rick fact Bay, that was eighty seventy nine. Look at me, go, look at me. Guys who would have thought?
Speaker 1: I thought it was eighty seventy three. But you're correct. There are slot machines that are themed like Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius, And so whenever Landon talks about how the nine to eleven jokes are in portaste, at some point it will be okay to make them, just like it is very acceptable to make jokes about the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in seventy ninety, which killed how many people, like sixteen thousand?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was nearly ten thousand years ago. So in thirty nine forty, yeah, we can make nine to eleven that's fine.
Speaker 3: Plenty of the Elder also died in the eruption amount of Vesuvius, and he was called the Elder because he made it to fifty six years old, which speaks to how terrible life was back then.
Speaker 2: I was gonna imagine lose by thirty four on the road.
Speaker 1: Yep, you should have been forty. Uh it's a mean can you even imagine how horrible it was? Very few things sound worse than dying in a volcanic eruption, but I think something that sounds worse than that is dying in a volcanic eruption in the year seventy nine A d because like those people had no idea. They just went outside like I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Put the gads warning and kaboom.
Speaker 1: Like it's not even like they had sirens back then.
Speaker 3: It was just a very very was like, guys, grab every single chicken you have, sacrificet to the sun God and then hope.
Speaker 1: And it did not work.
Speaker 2: Seventy political signs in Pumplic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sure so life, I'm sure it was the same. All right, Well we'll record on Sunday because there's a forty eight hour turnaround a boulder.
Speaker 2: Guys, will you who they might lose to Colorado on the road that wants a joke? And now it might be true, very well might be true.
Speaker 3: This is I t.
Speaker 2: I'm landing Fields, and I do not commit to doing a sing song bit at the end of the show every show, but you.
Speaker 3: Never know, and I'm plenty of the elder god. Hey, but you know what, screw guys, if if, if everything burn, crashes and burns, at least you're not gonna be one of those people in U Pompeii.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, yeah, there's yep, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wendy Ashes formed them by Pompeii yep. Later