Speaker 1: The Clippers.
Speaker 2: The game is ended, gather round boys, time to recap, but the post game coverage is just getting started.
Speaker 1: The successes the failure.
Speaker 3: Let's discuss this is Clippers locker road breaking down today's action with the pre and post game voice of the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Here's Ada Moss Lag.
Speaker 1: Well, the Clippers may have had four turnovers in the fourth quarter, but they also just had their fourth straight victory as they win one oh five to one oh three. Hear it into a dome over the Toronto Raptors. Welcome into your post game show. I'm at a Maslin coming up. We got second half highlights. But first back to your radio voice of the Clippers in Carlo Jimenez. Carlo wasn't easy. They had to dig it out of the dirt. But it's another sweep of a back to back, the second time we've seen this already this year.
Speaker 4: Slippers just kind of playing more back to backs at the second More back to backs, baby, with at least one game on the road.
Speaker 1: Adam Silpery's not serious.
Speaker 4: Clippers, big time win gritty one from this group. Adam Kip that lead from the one ten mark all the way to the end. I think it was so impressive. Toronto. Got to give them credit. They fought the entire way down the stretch. You get twenty one from Quickly and Obaji is a dangerous raft team that clearly has some great young talent out there. The Clippers come away with the win. Norman Pale another twenty point game. I thought James Harden, he's been the Clippers' leader in the clutch in points and after not scoring yesterday in the fourth quarter, big time buckets here in this fourth quarter at him. Fun one for the Clips, another gritty one. And if there's a team that's been tested enough late, the Clippers with their seventh clutch game.
Speaker 5: They've played ten games this year.
Speaker 1: It is amazing that we're only ten games in and you feel like this has been a roller coaster ride. This has been a journey already for this Clippers team. As they're six and four through ten games. I said I'd sign up for five and five. This team has been impressive. They could be even better than that if they knocked down their free throws in Game one, if they didn't give that one up to the Blazers as well. This team, though, I think, all things considered, is on the right track two games above five Hunter without Kawhi Leonard so far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's all you can say is you've talked about Adams. You can stay at a five hundred level. By the time Kawhi Leonard comes back. You gotta be feeling good. And the Clippers have been hanging around there. And I think with the emergence of Norman Pale, something we talked about pregame, five hundred might not be good enough. I mean the bar might be a little higher for this team because of the defense, because of the way they're scoring. I mean, they dominated this game in a lot of categories against the Toronto team that's been excellent this year. At pushing in the pace, at getting offensive rebounds. The Clippers had more fast break points, they got on the glass more, they were able to take the lead. Thirty five bench points for this Clipper team. They got help from everyone here today, an impressive group. Derrek Jones Junior out for the most part with those five fouls, but everybody stepped up a group effort. Kevin Porter Junior as season high fifteen. He was big off the bench to go along with six rebounds and five assists. You see why when TYLERU said, he's gonna be a.
Speaker 5: Big part of what we do. He was a huge part of what they did today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kevin Porter's junior are knocking down those back to back threes. You wonder what that can do for his confidence moving forward. As you mentioned, he had only hit two threes heading into this ball game so far through nine games, he hits two of those. I also think another guy that could get a confidence boost out of this would be Terrence Man. The defense he played down the stretch. He asked, why is coach lu going back to him? What's the reasoning here? We talked about it, the defensive acumen from him getting out in transition as well in that third quarter, but what he did defensively, and they were switching a lot with Emmanuel quickly guarding him, and then it was RJ Barrett. Two great stellar defensive possessions by Terrence Mann in clutch time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, big time possessions. Wait to guard without fouling, Stay vertical, keep his line on the drives by Quickly who is so fast to the rim. Terrence Man huge stops down the stretch, a big time block for him. I thought, like you said, Adam, excellent twenty eight minutes today. That might be a season I for Terrence Man will have to go check and go back and check.
Speaker 5: But he played huge for this Clipper.
Speaker 4: Team down the stretch, huge, huge minutes for him, a confidence booster for sure, and the Clippers are gonna need him out of that defense. That fifth spot with that finishing group still up in the air, could be anybody's night. Terrence Man gets the call and he stands up to it.
Speaker 1: And we're starting to see these positive trends here from distance with things turning around in the clippers favor where once again four straight game they outshoot the opposition from three, they end up going ten of twenty six. That's thirty nine percent from distance. I know the Rappers technically had one more May three pointer, but they had to take thirty seven eleven of thirty seven. That's under thirty percent from three. All of a sudden, the Clippers, the law of averages, the defensive acumen around the perimeter. They're just a little bit better there, a little bit more in tune. They're getting some stops when teams are lighting them up from distance to start the season.
Speaker 4: They are, they're closing out better, they're getting a hand up. They fouled early in that game, but not really the rest of the way, able to keep Toronto off the line late or after. Team that's gonna kick themselves from missing nine free throws today, Adam and losing by two. They shot fifty seven percent from the charity stripe in this ballgame. But the Clippers did a great job today of playing to their strengths once again, holding a team just around one hundred points. I mean, if you old team to one to oh three in the NBA, in today's NBA, you're gonna win almost all your games. The Clippers after holding Sacramento to ninety eight, just five more points for Toronto on the second night of it, back to back. It's impressive. It's impressive. It's a much different team taking on OKC the second time around than they were the first time around, riding that two game slide, letting two games get away from them.
Speaker 1: Clippers white knuckle another victory here. They win tonight one oh five to one oh three over the Toronto Raptors. The Cardiac Clips. But we were talking about it a little bit off the air. I think you'd rather learn during victories than during losses. The last two easily could have been Instead, the Clippers did just enough to hang on, but they also gave coach Lose some tape and some film to look at and point out where there are a lot of fixable, correctable mistakes out there.
Speaker 4: Things do improve on, for sure, but things to improve on without having to lose.
Speaker 5: That's what you mentioned. That's the biggest part of this.
Speaker 4: The Clippers can go back to the drawing board and look at it without having to feel like, man, we really let one get away. They came away to the victory. There's so much more room to grow for this Clipper team, who sits at six and four a win today at them. I believe they're sitting sixth in a Western conference with fourteen or thirteen teams above five hundred, which is just absolutely absurd. By the way, there's two teams in the East above five hundred. The West might be calling for a reseat of the playoffs. The way this is going same as it ever was, so it's bad this year. It's historically worse than it's ever been. The Clippers right now going through that Gauntlin. They'll continue with OKAC in Houston, but a big one you want to take care of business.
Speaker 5: You want to win the games you have to win. You've talked about it.
Speaker 4: But if you're gonna play Portland twice, if you're gonna play the Utah Jazz fourteen, if you're gonna play Toronto twice, you gotta win those games. And Clippers come away with the win over a team they're supposed to beat. That's what great teams do.
Speaker 1: Clippers come through late, they win one five to one oh three, even with some misfree throws, some miscues with turnovers in the fourth quarter, they will stood it at all. They come through here at into It Dome with a two point victory over the Toronto Raptors. And now they head out on the road for a couple they will be in Oka. See Monday night tip time for that once at five. We'll have your pregame show starting at four. Carlo Jmenez, great call is always. We gotta hear some of your calls coming up next as we got second half.
Speaker 5: Highlights, Adam, talk to you Monday.
Speaker 1: Let's go coming out next. Clippers pull through and we got your second half highlights right here on your Clippers postgame show on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: The Clippers.
Speaker 3: You're listening to La Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 7: App Twodo no jo here Zacho Qaldy with the tunes.
Speaker 1: Clippers come through. They win one oh five to one to oh three over the Toronto Raptors. They hold on for dear life. Late as Jaka pertl went with the intentional miss on the second free throw went right back to him like a game of twenty one tippet, he almost had it go. Clippers would get the board though on the miss jumper and they would run out the clock. They win by two. They led by as many as fourteen. They are six and four in their first ten games. Welcome back into Clippers Talk your Clippers postgame show coming up here. We'll get to your post game box score and more. We will take your calls tonight if you want to get on early eight six six ninety seven two five seventy eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Clippers let at the half fifty two to forty seven, but they were up as many as fourteen in that first half. Toronto battled. They hit three straight threes, I believe. After the Clippers went up fourteen in the third quarter, though James Harden started to get cooking a little bit.
Speaker 5: Slippers have led this entire half.
Speaker 4: They led by as many as fourteen, and on the timer, Harden straight away flies by Grady dick Up.
Speaker 5: Float her off in front of the rim and it rolls through for two.
Speaker 4: James Harding up to a dozen and the Clipper lead at six. Harden at the logo shot clunking game clotting separated by six seconds.
Speaker 5: Harrett switches out on.
Speaker 4: Harden on the right wing, James trying to create some space, He stops us side step three money, James horning from phonus distance.
Speaker 1: James Hardens stepping up in that third quarter. I know he hasn't shot it well overall, but he has had some timely buckets here and there and still ended to the ball game with twenty four. Clippers led by eleven. Heading into the fourth, it was eighty one to seventy and things got dicey. Some self inflicted wounds from the Clippers and the turnover department once again, some bad missed free throws, three of them in the last thirty five seconds, but they were is a huge shot by who else? Norman Storm and Pale Clippers right.
Speaker 5: To left two point Lee looking for more norm left angle tripball, Yes, Sir.
Speaker 4: Nine straight games with twenty points for Norman Pale.
Speaker 1: Biggest shot of the game that would put them up by five with two minutes left. The Clippers hold on late they win by two. Final score one oh five to one oh three. Hear it into a Dome over the Toronto Raptors, and now they head out on the road for the next three More on that, Kevin up next here in the Clippers post game show on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio name the.
Speaker 6: Clippers.
Speaker 3: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Clippers are victorious. They win one o five to one oh three over the Toronto Raptors. Hear it into a Dome. Make it four straight victories for your Clippers. They're six and four in their first ten ball games, all without Kawhi Leonard so far, and they're staying above water. Love to see it. Climbers ended up shooting forty six percent from the floor in this one Toronto forty two percent. Clippers ten of twenty six from the outside. That's thirty nine percent Toronto eleven of thirty seven from three, and that is thirty percent for distance. It's been a tread in the last four games, Clippers out shooting their opponent from three Toronto with twenty six assists on their forty made shots, Clippers with eighteen on their thirty five made shots. There were some miss free throws late, three of them in the last thirty five seconds. Clippers still ended up going twenty five of thirty two at the charity stripe. That's seventy eight percent respectable. They beat up Toronto in the fast break points twenty seven to twenty three. Toronto though fifty two to forty eight, advantage in points in the paint and bench points back to your Clippers thirty five to twenty eight in favor of the La Clippers. They did just enough so win this one by two. L Before they head out on the road for the next couple they'll be an Okac on Monday Night, taken on the Thunder. They own one. They're up by thirteen and lost a game here and into it Dome by the thunder already this season. Then they'll be doing a Texas two Step, a two game mini series in Houston, against the Rockets. Tip time Monday night in okac is at five pregame show starting at four outside of Los Angeles. We are leaving you until then, but coming up next here I am five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: We got Clippers stock.
Speaker 2: And with that, just like that, another Clipper broadcast is ending game hoarding chudging.
Speaker 3: This has been Clippers locker road well postgame, look at today's.
Speaker 2: Skin, every game all season long. Thank you for joining.
Speaker 3: Us, for all the action on the LA Clippers Audio Network, phoning in.
Speaker 1: You're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 3: This is Clippers Talk on airon on demand, the Clippers Show of Record chants to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens. Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here. He is the host of your LA Clippers Free and postgame at follow Adam a Adam Osley.
Speaker 1: Well, all's well, that ends well. The Raptors went extinct eventually here and the Clippers hold on for another gripping victory. A white knuckler here at intu a Dome, Clippers are victorious with a one to five to one oh three win. Make it four straight. They are six and four in their first ten games, and hey, welcome into Clippers Talk. Eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy is the phone number if you'd like to get on, whether you want to get on a M five seventy LA sports or have people hear you. I guess at Clippers Talk on the YouTube side. I'm Adam Oslin. A lot to get into here. I want to start with this. A lot of people have been tough on Terrence Man, including myself. There were plays early on that third cour order where he was not even looking at the basket. He'd get a board and if it was an offensive rebound and he had a shot at a putback, he would take it back out, he would kick it out to somebody else. He wasn't looking for his shot still. But then he had a couple of buckets in transition that were big in that third quarter. One of them where he didn't have the numbers. It was a one on two in favor of Toronto. But the first one of the three to thirty mark of the third quarter that was big. Then Man, again in transition without numbers, got a layup, and Coach Lou I think rewarded him going back to him late in this ballgame because not only the defense on Emmanuel quickly on RJ. Barrett which came through late with Terrence Man, but offensively he won some easy transition points. Man didn't come up with that in the fourth quarter, but he came up with the two biggest stops of the game. And for everybody talking about Terrence Man and bagging on him for some time now not looking for a shot and some people not even giving him credit for his defense, Terrence Man late in this ballgame blocks Emmanuel quickly and then got RJ. Barrett to miss as he played straight up huge stops in a close game. It was two points, it was one point. In fact, the La Clippers had the lead or were tied from the one ten mark of quarter one, so well, they had opportunities to pull away and that was frustrating. And there were more self inflicted wounds. We'll hear from Coach loupost game about this. There were more misfree throws down the stretch, two by Norman Powell, one by James Harden. The Clippers did just enough on the second night of him back to back to take down a fresh Toronto Raptors team was some young, spry legs that can get a lot of offensive rebounds. I think best in the game or second best when it came to second chance points. This season, they ended up with twelve offensive rebounds. They got up ninety five shots to seventy six for the Clippers. Wow, that is a big number, a nineteen shot attempt differential, and the Clippers won anyways, how well, they were more efficient from three ten of twenty six, Raptors eleven of thirty seven, and the Clippers, most importantly, while missing some late, went twenty five of thirty two at the charity stripe. They attempted thirty two free throws they hit twenty five. That's still seventy eight percent. That's not bad. And the Raptors went twelve of twenty one at the free throw line. So it wasn't always pretty. Clippers with four turnovers in the fourth quarter fourteen for the game, still better than they what they've been at so far over seventeen heading into this one the first nine games. You'll take it. They escaped. They escaped late after Yes, it could have been a monumental miltdown and if those free throws came back to haunt them, those miss free throws and those turnovers late, there would be a different tone and tenor post game. And I still think, you know that stuff's frustrating. They need to be better. They were up twelve with nine to ten left after a normOn Powell layup close it out pull away. But what if I've always said with this team, their defense keeps them in every game, their offense keeps the opposition in every game. Unfortunately, so it would end up being a tie game late at ninety three all the three thirty mark, and then again at one oh two all with thirty nine seconds left after Emmanuel quickly had a three on the right wing. The Clippers, though right out of that time out, got it to Norman Palell. He had to rip through move the rafts rewarded them and he went to the charity stripe hit one O two, one O three, one oh two. That's frustrating, But their defense saved them. Terrence Man saved them, got the block on a Manuel quickly, Clippers get the board James Harden. Now the charity stripe COEs one of two, so instead of being up one O six one oh two and up by four, which is a big deal. Down the stretch with under thirty seconds left, it's the Clippers up by two. At one oh four to one o two. R J. Barrett misses a layup, great defense again right the cylinder, Terrence Man Norman Palell gets it back to the charity. Stripe misses the first, HiT's the second. It's one o five, one oh two, and the Raptors still have an opportunity here. Now what I love seeing was the Clippers first they had a foul to give, and then they fouled Pearl intentionally and put him at the line with six seconds left. Toronto didn't have a timeout, So Peardle makes the first. It's one oh five to one oh three. It's a two point game, and I think probably wisely misses the second because they don't have any timeouts left and there's only six seconds left in the ballgame. He misses it. It goes right back to him on the intentional miss. It was beautifully executed and it was like twenty one tippet. He grabbed it and tried to put it up right away. It rims in and out and it beats the Zubats gets the board game over Clippers survive, Survive in advance like March Madness tonight, as there was some mostly due to the Clippers not being good enough late in the game, with the same trends of bad turnovers and miss free throws. But you'd rather work on these things and know what you have to work on after a win than after a loss. I know Coach Lee will be frustrated postgame. We will hear from him. But they're six and four and six and four through their first ten games. I would have signed up for five and five looking at the schedule, I said that you'll take six and four. Could they have been better? Yeah, if it wasn't for these mistakes. If James Harden could find his groove offensively, still five of seventeen, but he got to the charity stripe and missed a critical one, but still win twelve of thirteen. So seventeen shots to get twenty four points. You'll take that seven assists to was the turnover number four still one or two too many? But what could the Clippers be if James Harden was just himself right now offensively? Now I think it's fatigue. Others have said, no, it's season legs, adam me casual. Well, we'll see. I do assume he's gonna start shooting it better. How much better? I don't know. He's being asked to do a lot. And this was the second hand of a back to back, and I could see it out there. Hear it into a dome as I flipped my laptop around. He was laboring. He was extremely tired. This Clippers team there happened to rely on guys like Kevin Porter Junior, who had his highest scoring game as a Clipper fifteen points. To bring the ball up. To alleviate some of this. He had five assists of two turnovers. Had some nice defensive plays too. Kevin Porter Junior, I don't know, starting to come around. He had a tough rebound early in the fourth quarter. The rebounding from him has been good. He ended up with six. That stuff's important closing out possessions. Just those back to back threes he ended up hitting in this game could be big for his confidence from distance, as he had struggled. In fact, the only two he had hit heading into this game. I think he was two of twenty one from three before tonight. One he banked in one. He did hit and was fouled. Norman Palell had a four point play I believe in the first half of this ballgame. But I liked a couple of the passes from KPJ. Early on. He had a kickout to Harden for three. He had a kickout to Done late first quarter for three. Then he had those back to back threes around the seven minute mark of the second quarter. He responded after turning it over with a floater late in the second quarter. I think it was just go on a little bit of growth Kevin Porter Junior. I gotta say, I still need better decision making overall, but this is a guy who missed a year of basketball. It could just come with time and more reps. But that would be a big development for this team, would it not? If they had a different, better version of Kevin Porter Junior than what we have seen through the first ten games. And to his credit, I feel like he's incrementally got a little bit better. Seemed like his timing has been a little bit better over let's say the last six games rather than the first four games. Certainly the first three games there were some rough stuff in there, but shout out coach Lou pushing the right buttons over and over again. They went small the last five and a half minutes of the third quarter and they went plus seven there. Then the group with Kevin Porter, Junior, Chris Dunn, a mere Coffee, Niko Batoom started the fourth quarter got blissed initially coach who didn't call timeout. There was a five zero run right away by the Raptors. He gave it a little bit more time and it ended up being just a minus one for that group before the timeout came. I think it was called by Toronto, and then he got normOn Powell back into the game where I think patom with that group that's been working too. I just sense of urgency. Timeouts have been stellar from coach Lou and nobody has given him credit for this. I think the lineups have been pretty good too. Him sticking with KPJ looks like the right move right now. Ten games in, are there gonna be changes? I don't know. People are still talking about getting Jordan Miller in there. KPJ might have bought himself more time with this performance tonight. So six and four, ten games in, Clippers in solid shape. We'll take a quick time out. Sheriff ogs in the chat six and four. We are in good shape. We need Bomba and Kawhi soon. Well, I don't know if Kawhi's gonna be soon. He's not gonna be with them on the road trip, so he's at least out the next three games. Mobamba, though, we'll give you an update on that.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: Here from Coach Lou postgame, Boonsaw's given him credit for his in game management. I think he's been really good, guys, like really good. I wouldn't say that, wouldn't go out of my way like this the last three or four games. Talking about it, I can go back to the game against up twenty three against Phoenix or twenty one, it gets down to seventeen, he calls a timeout, like he has called timeouts early in third quarters, right away when he doesn't like what he sees, twenty five seconds into a quarter, like this is how it has to be right now. These are all teaching moments for this team, and they got a few more lessons that Coach Lou will be given to him after the lack of late game execution again, but they hold on. They win one oh five to one oh three over the Raptors. You're listening to Clipperstock here on the M five seventy LS.
Speaker 3: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are. On the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Thatch Golcaldy calling for he delivered little All Eyes on Me Clippers, All eyes on the clips. For those who are doubting this squad, they're at least thought they were gonna be one of the worst teams in the Western Conference, a bottom four team. They are six and four in their first ten games. Wake up, national media, where you had Big Park? How'd you guys not know that this team had a defensive identity They were building this off season right after they lost Paul George. They made the move. They brought in Derrick Jones Junior. They brought back Nico Batoom, they brought in Chris Dunn. And right now Clippers, I would say is successful six and four in their first ten ball games. But I want to ask Big Chuck Mockler about this record right now as he joins the show A little clips and we'll dip here on Clippers Talk. Chuck, how we feeling after the Clippers start off their first ten games two games above five hundred.
Speaker 8: I'm feeling great. Adam six and four and not just a six and four in the first ten games. Three back to backs in the first ten games is absurd. We all thought the schedule would get easier with a new stadium, but you know, here we are No. Six and four. With the wins that they have and the way they've gotten them, it's been kind of a variety, right, Like we've seen the Cardiac Clippers, as we saw tonight, they handedly beat the seventy six ers the other day. So the identity is there, which I think is the important thing which makes it easier to get wins in different ways, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Zach Ocaldy is is that a stenographer that's in the courtroom that writes out everything. Somebody says he's doing that right now on the YouTube side back Clippers talk. That's what Chuck is saying. Quote Chuck Macler says, I'm feeling great. Adam six and four, three back to backs. All right, Let's talk about Terrnce Man late in this ballgame here, Charles, because he made two stellar defensive plays. They don't win without him, and coach Lou went back to him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean a huge shoutout to Terrence he's obviously, you know, he's caught the most flack of any Clipper during the start, really just because he's in the starting lineup. But he hit shots in the late in the in this game, and he had a little kind of mini Terrence run. I think it was to open that third there, and that the block and the contest right at the end of this game is hard enough as it is, but when you're kind of gone through the start of the season that Terrence has, I think it's even more difficult to kind of get up for those moments, you know what I mean. Not that I didn't think he could, but to see it happen on the second man of the back to back in a lineup where they haven't been closing with the starters, you know, and it's just great to see. I hope this gets him going. I think offensively with this team, it looks like this might be his ceiling, which is a little unfortunate. But we remember what Ty said a couple meal maybe last week. He said, I need Terrence to bring me things defensively and rebounding, and we saw him do the most important stuff defensively late tonight.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of happy in some ways. I'm not happy about them missing free throws. I'm not happy about the turnovers. But to have this happen in two straight games where they still win, I think it tells you about their margin of error. And it has grown because Norman Powell. Because of what Pal's been able to do, averaging twenty five points per game. With the level of efficiency we're seeing right now, nobody expected this, like if they were going to make these mistakes, and he just said, Okay, this team coming into this one is averaging seventeen turnovers per game. And you ask somebody what their record would be if you knew that information, they would say definitely under five hundred. But they're getting by any ways while not playing perfect basketball.
Speaker 8: I mean, the Clippers have needed every single one of the nine straight game the Norm has scored over twenty points. Right, They're six and four, right, and it's the best start to Norm Powell's career that he'll ever have probably so Norm has been the player of the season. We know that James Harden is kind of the engine, he's the conductor's the system. Norm Powell's been the best player so far in this season. Specifically, It's awesome to see you know, for your UCLA guy. But he was just he's just doing Norm stuff, Like I don't really know what we can compare it to, because he just keeps figuring out ways to get buckets. He ends up what fifty percent tonight, Like the efficiency is off the charts, and we need it to keep as fun as it has been. Thirty eight minutes from Zoo tonight, thirty five from Norm, thirty four from James the day after they played, you know, a very heavy minute fload two. We need as much of this from Norm Powell as possible, and I think given the schedule, they've been able to take advantage of it as much as they could have for the most part.
Speaker 1: Like he started this game off. I joked pregame. I was like, let's see if Norm's still on the heater, give him a heat check. And he had a four point play and then another three, and you know, he had seven points early on just by knocking him down from distance and then being fouled on one of those. But the ability to get to is right, and you can see the difference in teams loading up on him a little bit more and guys shading over. The word is getting out it doesn't take long in the NBA, with how many scouts, with how many coaches you have out there, and they're playing him differently. Tonight was different and he's still twenty four points, as you mentioned, on just fourteen shots. Now, the two miss free throws were brutal late and if Yakaperle ends up getting that to go, which I think was one of the best executed miss free throws I've ever seen, it went right back to him. It was only like twenty one tippet right chuck, where you get it in the air and you try to put it back up. I mean, there was more time he could have gone down with it, but it was a great look. It just rimmed in it out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yig Zoo was right there too. He made a little more difficult for him. He ended up getting the ball and he was off ballot to make the past the hardened after, which was great too. Very weird for Pearl to have the ball in his hands that late. But I'm not here to question decisions by opposing coaches that make it easier for the Clippers to win. At this point.
Speaker 1: I would not question Darko or give him some bad calls. I would not do yet of those things who I do love. And that was one of my favorite rants in NBA history because it happened against the Lakers and his stuff I wanted to say for so long. So James Harden is still in this shooting funk, and people have told us that no, no, no, guys, this is just early season. Got to get his sea legs underneath him. It's not happening so far. Now. It's the second night of a back to back and he looked noticeably gassed at times. But he's still because he got to the charity stripe so much and he still was doing hard work getting downhill. I mean, thirteen free throws attempted, so he still gets twenty four points on seventeen shots. Like the over we're all true shooting efficiency, I guess was good enough, even though he's having trouble just knocking down threes and getting some of the easy stuff to go.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was good to see him go back to the old, reliable right, get to the drive plane, get to the line, hopefully hit the free throws. I don't really know what can be fixed, if that makes sense. I think this is just something right of what have people been telling you. He's got to get his game legs back. Well, we're ten games in, they have a free game road trip coming up. We're gonna we're really gonna see how much this rest is gonna help him and stuff like that. But when if slash when, because who knows, maybe Norm does cool off at some point. We just got to hope that Harden's efficiency, you know, goes the other goes up when Norms. If Norms goes down, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean Norm still went fifty from three. He was at forty nine percent. He was just touching, almost kissing fifty percent from three. You could say kissing that. What's what's the phrase kissing the bottom of what is the Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah he was. He was kissing fifty percent. He was close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's right there, so he's not going to lose any ground there. He was shooting fifty one percent from the floor. He goes only fifty percent from the floor. Uh yeah, this is insane the stuff Norm Powell is doing. What do you I guess, are you expecting anything now that we're ten games in, Charles, because coach Flue always looks for that ten game sample size, could we see some moves coming now? I mean KPJ. Probably just had his best game at least scoring wise for the Clippers. If anything, what are you expecting?
Speaker 8: I don't know. I think the big change we've already seen at this point in the season, which is kind of not playing Kai Jones, Right, We've gone down to a nine man rotation, which if you look at this roster, that is putting some stress on an older batomb and stuff like that. Postgame, Tyleru said this is kind of where he thinks the rotation is. So it might just be based on availability, you know what I mean, as much as you know bone to stand after Acte doing all these things, I you might. I mean, kpj did have his best game. We need his outside shooting. He's a lot better when he's shooting threes and when he he was driving and taking weird mid range ones tonight. But I think the big change with the margin of error for this team is just taking Kai out of the rotation. The margin of error is so thin you can't really make big changes, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good point, And maybe they're just you know, Kai got minutes again in the first half, but none in the second half, and they were a plus seven with those small ball minutes to end the third quarter. It worked and apparently, according to Tomrrazari, Mobamba has been participating in Stay Ready, game day, practice, five on five's and everything. He hasn't been limited, says to coach Lou but his status for the trip is still tbd. Kawhi is not going on the trip, but maybe they're getting Mobamba back sooner than later, and you know that's the move, that's the change, just getting him back. Yeah, in his first.
Speaker 8: As a Clipper, and he's a different center than Kai Jones, right, He's a lot, he brings different things. He's more of a pick and pop guy, that kind of thing. I think you're right. I think it's trying to you know, they take Kai out and then they just see what we kind of have with Obama because we still don't really, I mean, we have no idea in game, but you know, hey, the team six and four, so it's like we just kind of got to the Clippers are a ride ride. What's going well team?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 8: If things are going well, we just have to keep doing it until it doesn't and then we have thankfully Tiloud a pivot thing. So right now things are going well. Who knows how much Obama's going to play when he's back. But I mean the nine guy rotation, they're they're what two and oh since they or maybe three and o since the nine man rotation started. It A lot depends on Norm Powell, a lot depends on James Harden. But for now, we should all be very excited.
Speaker 1: So we're looking at this team. I guess I don't know a little bit more back to the big picture here as we close things out, Chuck. But they're six and four. They've made mistakes, they're still above five hundred. They've had three back to backs already. As you mentioned earlier, they're going into OKAC on Monday, but okay, see will actually be on a back to back. So that's nice to see. This is a team that is dangerous, and you think about if they can get Kawhi Leonard back, and I know that's asking a lot right now, but all of a sudden, I've been mentioning this in the last couple of days, but the power forward issue may have been an exaggeration. They've been a very good rebounding team. The Zach Levine talk and bringing in another scorer when you have Zach Lavine at home, It's called normOn Powell, and that's no disrespect. He has been that good so far. Like I wouldn't give him up for Zach Lavine right now, when you compare contracts and everything it would take, I would not do that move. I would not be close to making a drastic move like that. Look at normOn Powell and his efficiency, it's just it's otherworldly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean you're not. You can't move off norm right now. They need as many wins as they can get. Yeah, it is early in the season, but you know, we were all worried about the rebounding rightfully, so I don't think anyone was wrong to be worried about the rebound them. I'm excited for now. I do think there might be a wall coming up, no pun intended at around fifteen to twenty games. We're gonna see how their legs feel because it's been a lot of it.
Speaker 1: Is going to break through so you can start shooting well again.
Speaker 8: That wall, I hope so, but there just might be a fatigue wall. I hope it doesn't hit too hard. But this is where the identity comes into play. This is where guys like Van Gundy teaming up with Tylo to really instill in these guys a defensive identity that they can fall back on them things get rough offensively, which is what they've done for the most part.
Speaker 1: He is Chuck Mockler of Cliffs and Dip fame, joining me here on Clippers talk for a little Cliffs and Double Dip. After the Clippers win one five to one three over the Raptors here at Into It Dome, Charles, great stuff as always. We'll talk to you as soon, my friend.
Speaker 8: Let's go clips.
Speaker 1: Kevin up next. That's our final timeout. Yeah, this is it. I had to check my text message. Zach o'calley was like in the chat transcribing everything Chuck was saying, which is hilarious and very much needed. You can hear the guests when the Clippers are on the road and I'm back in Burbank. You can't hear the guests when I'm Into It Dome. But uh, no matter. We pushed through just like the Clippers. Yeah, a couple of turn overs late, Yeah, some miss free throws get the dub Anyways, Clippers have won four straight. There's six and four in their first ten games. We'll unpack some of the quotes coming out from Coach lou next to our final segment here on Clippers Stock from Into a Dome live on your Los Angeles Clippers Audio network in a five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 6: Clippers.
Speaker 3: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us win you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this represents Clipper Nation correctly, but on the chat, David Holmes said, my heart and stomach really needed the beating tonight. Ugly win is still away. Clippers win ugly five to one. O three miss free throws, turnovers late, but a huge three by Norman Powell around the two minute mark of the fourth quarter, and they do enough after being up by twelve and the fourth after being up by fourteen in the first half, to hold on and win over the Toronto Raptors by two. Hear it into a Dome. Make it their fourth straight victory, and Norm Powell with nine games so far nine straight games now of twenty or more points, he ties Jason Tatum for the most such games of twenty points or more in the NBA. Are you kidding me? Aco? Quality? Is that's still true? I know Carlos said it earlier. Make it true that Norman Palell has tied Jason Tatum with the most games of twenty years more so far this season with nine and Anthony Edwards he's got nine nine nine nine.
Speaker 9: Sorry, political season's over alright, p uh yes, it is incredible, guys, Norman Palell, I could not be happier for this man.
Speaker 1: I could not be happier for this man. We got Lee Iban in the chat saying Norm over PG. I mean when you consider contracts, yes, how can you not say that? I mean, Paul George is making over twice as much money than Norman Powell for the production you're getting out of norm I said before the season started. The busiest way, the quickest path to replacing Paul George's production is through Norman Pale. If anyone could fill the void and fill it up, it was Norman Powell. And you see it. Understand the grind. Norm is just one of those guys that is the consummate professional that has been waiting his turn and is now just kicking ass and taking names. We're past safe harbor hours. Some people understood the nine to nine to nine deep cut like I was Philly feeling right now, I don't want to focus too much on Paul George and other teams. But we just saw him here and Norm while people were saying this offseason, like, I don't know, he's got two years left around twenty million dollars. Not a great contract. How about now he's a bargain and this ain't some dumpster dive. This is a guy or bargain Ben. This is a guy who has had this potential. He has average about twenty points per game in Portland. Give him the green light and he's taken off the line like a like it's just a uh, I don't wanna a drag is a dragster? Yeah, fast and the furious final seam in the original. I don't know who's raising.
Speaker 5: Him, but.
Speaker 1: I do love that original movie. Norm palle is just incredible. Zero to sixty is how he's living his life right now. It's just is I gone sixty seconds? Okay, I'm miss quoting a lot of stuff and that's a terrible analogy. I just want to tell you they gave him the keys to the car and pedals to the metal for Norm Palell. Okay, I'll stop. Uh, this is just insane. Yeah, it's not just twenty plus points every game on extreme efficiency. That's what Norm Powell's doing. I did not expect over a ten game stretch, when he's one of the number one options, when teams are scheming against Norm Powell each and every night. Now for him to just keep this up forever, I don't expect that. But I feel like I don't know a fifty forty. I don't know if we'll get the free throw shooting in ninety season eighty five season. Isn't that crazy? Like Norm shot forty four percent from three last season. He can shoot over fifty percent from the floor. He can shoot over forty percent from three. He is a flamethrower, says bone Saw. Everyone's saying PG is old news. That's why they had the newspapers and they were shaking them at Paul George at the wall. This is about the twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five Clippers. I just can't stop thinking about how well Kawhi Leonard could fit into a team like this that's so defensive oriented, that has so many guys that can play defense, so uh he can guard. I don't know, the third best offensive player on the opposition every night, Farbaud said, quote the Clippers lead the league in most unnecessary stressful home games. Unquote that comes from far bad Essen Shari. I guarantee you there's some other fans out there that are thinking the exact same thing of their team. But it's just fan bias. It's hey, you'll take it. You can say it's unnecessary, but this is what happens when your offense can go into deep, deep funks in lolls because they're a defensive team. But mister additioned by subtraction might change the narrative. I don't know. You get Kawhi back, and you got a new Big three with Kawhi, James Harden and Norman Powell, who stands on business. The guy said it. He called his shot, and I know he's got a bad game coming. It's gonna happen. He's not gonna shoot fifty to fifty ninety all year. But I mean he's built up this equity and this good will with the fan base. It's not gonna matter. They're not just gonna turn on him. It's just gonna be Oh, Norma had a bad game tonight, He'll pick it up. He's establishing this standard where you feel like he's making it every time he takes a shot. I'll say those two free throws. Outside of those two free throws, at least big four with Big Zoo, Hey Zoo was good tonight, guys steady again, seven of twelve. At one point he was seven of nine, so he did miss his last three takes, but he had fourteen to twelve. Another double double. He had a double double at the half with ten and ten. Three blocks. Ooh, he had some nice blocks. I think he got RJ. Barrett on a rear view contest that was nasty from Big Zoo. A left handed hook to start spinning to the hoop for a layup. Second quarter, he ripped it from Perl who was coming downhill in a hurry, went out of bounds on the Clippers, but still it was great post defense. Then he had a put back with the right hand off in a mirror miss a lot from Harden at the four minute mark of the second and then swatted went away a transition bucket. I forget who had it, but then he blocked RJ. Barrett had a bucket to start the third quarter, a hook shot in the lane. Big Zoo is just another good ball game. Anybody have his averages including this game through ten. Now you're talking about Big Zoo Bacon Double Swiss with how young he still is at the age of twenty seven. Done is gonna be on Shay a lot Terrence Man will be on him. Derrick Jones Junior. Look, they could have won that first game easily against OKAC. They were up by thirteen. They let it go to some extent. So it's crazy to say, but I don't hate the Clippers chances in Okay see with them coming off of back to back the thunder on Monday, I'm here for that. And yeah, Niko Batoum had a couple Batumbo's rip to Ken Bae Matombo. He had a couple of nice blocks too. Clippers win. They hold on one O five one oh three year final over the Toronto Raptors. Here at into it before we get out of here. I do want to thank the Clippers organization. Ralph Lawler, Brian Seaman, Noah Eagle, Carlo Jimenez on the call in this one. Flawless is always our head engineer speak Brother Jake Warner, hear it into a dome. We love him. Zach o'caldy producing has took us off as PCV would say, back in the banks that assisition Joey. The listeners, the people in the chat appreciate you guys. Until Monday at least on the radio side with their pregame show A four from OKC, I'm out of Maslin. We will talk to you.
Speaker 3: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every gain.
Speaker 1: The volume is truly impressive.
Speaker 3: And make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 7: Clippers Talk Baby