Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. We got a housefold today and I like it that way. It is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, and we have the no wa Community Foundation in here. We have Mike Dae who's the chairman. Also we have Margie and we have Cheryl in here as well. First of all, Mike, you're the chairman of the foundation. Tell us a little bit about the foundation, what it does and how we benefits everyone.
Speaker 2: The know what a community foundation is set up to help the community of no Wata and basically we help service organizations with their funds. We also have fundraisers which are annual fundraiser g L. Myers fifth annual Golf Firm is coming up on October twelfth. And those funds we used to do improvements and help groups and no Auto home which include the city clean up projects. We help with the ballparks for help with the food bank. We helped the schools, we help the Loaves and Fishes, and we try to improve the quality of life in Oklahoma and make improvements to the community as we go.
Speaker 1: Well, this is a pretty important foundation and it sounds like you're really spreading a lot of help around to a lot of people who needed So this event coming up is crucial. We've got to have a lot of people having fun, Yes, you bet, and we have several opportunities to do that.
Speaker 2: We have a morning golf flight and then we have an afternoon flight AO or eighteen holes, and we really do need participation in the afternoon. We've got a few openings left in the afternoon for teams of five.
Speaker 1: Well good, and there's going to be ideals, so you don't have to worry about, you know, too much. Just hydrate and have fun. Right Well, who wants to talk about the dinner dance? Who wants to go all you got elected?
Speaker 3: I got elected. Not if you're not a golfer. That's okay, because you can come to our dinner and our dance. That night. We're going to have and this is new this year, we're having ordures and those will be starting to be served at six o'clock and then dinner is going to be at seven, and there will be a live auction. There will be a silent auction, and that is always a lot of fun because when people start bidding against their friends and neighbors. It's a lot of fun. We had a lot of fun last year. We will this year. But you can buy ticket, an individual ticket for the dinner and they are sixty dollars apiece, or you can buy a table if you want to, for eight and that's twelve hundred dollars. But we'd like everybody to come that can. If I don't play golf, don't know anything about it, don't want to, but I'm all in. I'm all in for everything else. Yes I am, and I really am for the golf too. I can watch. But we'd like to urge everybody that I mean, if you're not a golfer, come and play. Come and play golf, then have dinner or just come to the dinner. And the dinner, like I said, is at seven o'clock and it will be provided by the Painted Horse, which is a great restaurant, and we have the food. Everybody every year raves about the food. So anyway we planned it, we'll have a good time.
Speaker 1: Now we're going to have both silent and the live auction. You know who the auctioneer is for the live auction.
Speaker 4: We have determined that yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're still looking for our auctionaire.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, really wonderful one last year.
Speaker 1: But if you've got any ideas, sure silent auction where we've got a lot.
Speaker 2: Of good be pretty good at that.
Speaker 1: Actually, here's how I do the auction about me, it's awful, It is awful. You don't want that. People would want their money back. We want to make money.
Speaker 4: And we've got some really good price our items to bid on this year too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Unique for this year.
Speaker 4: We have a Toby Keith basket. It's going to include four rounds of golf at his golf course in Norman, and that includes two nights at the NBC Suites. So that's really you know, that's a nice thing that we've acquired this year. And also I think it's a I wish it takes a check game, say at the Student Union Hotel another Atherton. Yes, and that includes breakfast the next morning. So those are two really nice things that we've got several others too, but that just comes to mind we have not had in years past.
Speaker 1: Well, goodness sakes, that is going to be great. That right, there's invitation enough for just you're a music lover, if you're a fan of football or just a fan of Oklahoma, State of Oklahoma firm. Goodness Sakes, it's a lot to be proud of. You can spend your money and have good time. Now, this is what it's all about. It's about having a good time to making sure that others are taken care of too. And you know, this whole foundation idea, it's a wonderful idea. How long has it been going on?
Speaker 2: Seven years? Seven years and this is our fifth golf tournament. Probably the fundraising has been pretty effective over the last five uh huh, and we've we've distributed a little over one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars in those years to help the community and the children in the future.
Speaker 1: And No, Wanner, well that's great, you know, I know what, it's got a little bit of a growth sprit going on right now. You've got some new businesses and you've got the Boys Girls Club and the the Trick County Tech thing out there going on. So you've got a lot of things happening over there.
Speaker 2: We do, we do the Boys and Girls Club is your crown jewel. Are very proud of our school system. You know, we have a hospital and we have golf course. There's a lot of things to look forward to.
Speaker 1: One of them, well, very good. Well we're disappointing. And now if we want to get a ticket, how do we show our support? Where do we go? Do we go online or do we give somebody a call? A little bit of both.
Speaker 4: You can go online at a no want to sef dot org okay, and you.
Speaker 2: Can buy a ticket there.
Speaker 4: Or you can go to the golf course golf club and they have it.
Speaker 2: It's available to be sold there.
Speaker 4: And I think you can call our phone number too, right, yes, and that's nine eight two seven three. Nope, two seven three. What's our number? It should be here somewhere.
Speaker 3: You can call the country club. We only have one.
Speaker 2: It is really good.
Speaker 3: It's really good one.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's something I drive by well only with GPS. See. I used to be a baseball player and I thought if you bounced one over the fence it was a ground rual double. Then no, it's a two stroke penalty. So you know, I got a reorient. But it looks like a fun little course to play on because everybody every time I go by there, it's always full.
Speaker 2: It's an excellent course.
Speaker 1: It is a lot of fun. It's great time to have that you got you still have openings for the afternoon flight.
Speaker 2: We do have openings for the afternoon. Okay, then we probably could make an accommodation that that if the morning was the only they could play. Sure, and we are substantially.
Speaker 1: Flow in the morning, a lot of early risers. That's how it goes here. Well, this sounds like it's great win. And again the whole shebang. What day does that take place?
Speaker 4: Saturday, October the twelfth.
Speaker 1: The twelfth. There you go, Magic day, Magic Day. I'll tell you what you go to mid October in Oklahoma. You've already hit a home run. All right. Well, I want to thank you all for coming in.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope you have a great time. And folks, if you can't show up Mike, can they just write a check? Can you say here?
Speaker 2: It's just a good use. Absolutely. We can even make it easier. The address is PO box two O three no wada, uh huh seven four four eight negats in a check. There. They can go on no order cf dot org and they can donate online. It's a very simple process and we appreciate any support we can get.
Speaker 1: All right, so we use the money very wise Oh yeah, the way you were telling me, how that gets divided out. It goes to a lot of great things, it really does. It's wonderful to have you guys on board today, letting us all know about it and inviting us.
Speaker 3: To the fun.
Speaker 1: You've been alrighty, folks. You've been watching and listening to our community connection. On came one Jim R.