Speaker 1: Three three three, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, indeed, y'all know who it is and who it be. I used to wear a number thirty three, but now I'm just old swerving, irving on. This is Sparta MSU. You see him missing one and he's on his way. I just wanted to start it off and keep the people going and let him know that we back in town. You know, we had a little break last week due to some little personal issues. But guess what that.
Speaker 3: Was, Sjoderdar. Hit him with the bird, Hit him with the swurd.
Speaker 2: Start off like my dog was, started off with the car. Been in here since three p thirty eight pm. What's going on with it? Red Cup? Ready? It's zo got worked some magic? Do yes, sir, sitting right here now watching the first half of the game. We didn't want to go live at the beginning of the game. It was an eight o'clock game, and it's a very important game where we want to clinch. We already clinch, but we really want to clinch it all so we don't have leave leave no no, no, no doubts behind. That's our mindset tonight. And it started off a little slow. That's how we do it. But you will see around the seven or six mini mark, you'll see where we'll we'll play Isa Marge type of basketball.
Speaker 3: Marie, how you doing, baby girl? How you're doing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: What you ain't? Just Marine?
Speaker 2: You coach Marine. You're gonna be the next coach at Michigan State. I don't know what sport is gonna be, but you're gonna be the next coach because you you well knowledge in any sport.
Speaker 3: Woodie.
Speaker 2: Every time I see you would it, I just want to say, mercy. Who else we got in the chat? Sean talk to me? Yeah, yeah, Okay, Tiffany. Tiffany is a well commune, a great communicator in the chat? How you doing, Tiffany?
Speaker 3: Hey swear?
Speaker 2: I like the way that sign done? Hey Woody, did I miss something? Or was there really no pardcast last week?
Speaker 3: Or saw?
Speaker 2: Because I cannot find out any Yeah, gee, wasn't no partcast last week? For those who didn't know. You know, old Swerve lost lost his dad last Friday, and we uh, you know missr Strayhorn right right they go pops, you know.
Speaker 3: Strayhorn being the big brother. You know, I wanted to.
Speaker 2: Go in on on the show stray figure. You know, we'll take some time. I told him I wasn't gonna jump off the cliff. You know, he already hid all my ties and my shoe screens, so he thought I was gonna do something. But you know, old swerve back. You know, it's all good. So that's what happened.
Speaker 3: G was that? G uh shaunk GC whatever? You know? Yeah, yeah, so that's what happened. But we back back roling. Oh that's done. Don MG, that's the hell of a name. Don Whoa. Yeah, tipping is all good. You know.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that coach Marine. Yeah, yeah, it's all good. You no swerve, you know, hit him with the swerve. That's how I'm gonna do it at the funeral. Hit him with the swerve. Hit him with the swerve.
Speaker 3: Hit him with Now y'all ain't think that was funny.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Uh, Purdue plays Illinois tonight to it No that tomorrow, APM. We're not worried about that game. Once again. Appreciate your coach Marine.
Speaker 3: You look good. The appreciate it, Timmy. You know what if I was having a bad.
Speaker 2: Day and I was down, you know, you you and my self esteem was low, usual you have just picked me up. You have just saved the life by saying I looked a good appreciate I needed that, you know, thank you. I really appreciate Dad. Anyway, what's going on in the first half, Coach Marine? I kind of got a little bit of a lady that was hitting the gym. What you see Marine?
Speaker 3: Oh? Started off? Brother, Let's go week some baby.
Speaker 4: How y'all doing? How you doing? Everybody?
Speaker 3: Shit?
Speaker 4: Irvan's in the house, you know he did you?
Speaker 3: You look good, Boddy.
Speaker 2: I ain't do it like you because nobody can do it like you. Let's start over real quick. Five four three two one, got all.
Speaker 4: Right, man.
Speaker 5: Look it's Thursday, March sixth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: This is Sparta.
Speaker 5: I mean, host Jason Straight going along with my co host Cedric Swerve and Irban, who's already been on here while I was delayed a little bit from him, you know, the airport and things like that happened. But we're glad everybody's with us. State it's halftime. I know right now it's faring am struggling a little bit with Iowa. But swore we're just gonna get right into this man. I mean, first of all, we want to really welcome you back and thank you, and as we had a lot of prayers out for the condolcens for family after losing your father last week. So you know that's why we've been off and you know there's been a little tough but man, we our heart goes out to you and the family for losing for losing your father, you know, so we're praying for your brother.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, I appreciate it, and I also want to, you know, give a shot to Oh. I'm not even gonna say fans, I'm gonna say friends. It's part of MSU, you know, reached out and whether it was text or whether it Facebook or Instagram, you know, it meant a lot to me and my family. Man, So you know, I appreciate it. But that's out the way.
Speaker 3: Let's go. We ain't got to talk about that shit no more.
Speaker 5: They ain't got to talk about that shit no more. Hey man, we're gonna talk about that a lot. It's all good. It's life. It's part of life. But listen, so I know you you've done to help job holding it down. But look, first, we got to get these message from our friends over a great matter exchange.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 6: Just like a bad player can cost your team the game overpaying for shipping can cost your business. Great Matter exchange your all star team for shipping savings will help you score big with up to thirty percent savings on your ups and FedEx costs.
Speaker 4: Swerve right now, I mean, look Great Matter Exchange Michael Gray.
Speaker 5: Everybody able to take a look at him. He saved you a whole lot of money and doesn't cost you anything for doing that. Take a look at Great Matter Exchange. The Swerve misters a basketball We know right now they have a share at least of the Big Ten title for the regular season.
Speaker 4: We just call it.
Speaker 5: This is a Big Ten title, man, that's what they got. Trying to get it without sharing it with those folks down the road. With the win tonight, they will do that or a win on Sunday. We like both of them, right, Swerve, What do you think is going on right now with the spark man?
Speaker 3: What do you before that? Straight?
Speaker 2: Can you explain to I know Coach Mareen probably on the can explain it as well, But explain that to me what you saying even if we lose tonight, we still got a chance to win this weekend and still win the Big ten outright?
Speaker 3: Or how did that go?
Speaker 5: Yes, So if Mischigan State wins either one of these games today or the one against Michigan at the head, they win it out right. Misiter State wins it outright. If you lose both games, share the title.
Speaker 3: Share the title with who?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh no, no.
Speaker 3: No, no, So what happened now? Right now? Even as a player, let's let's let's get in the players shoes right now.
Speaker 2: Straight, you get to a point where no one really gave you a chance to, you know, be in the top ten. Really, who would who would have thought that coming off the season last not saying the season was so bad last year, but you know, you got a freshman and Richard, you got new players, you plug it in or whatever it was.
Speaker 3: And now you rank number eighth in the country.
Speaker 2: Now you go in this game, before you even got on the plane or whatever it was, you knew you know, you got you gotta share of the big ten.
Speaker 3: So yeah, the first.
Speaker 2: Half is gonna be a little shaky because you know, like we out there, ain't we're playing with But now I think those guys buckled down and they look at each other in the eyes and at halftime and say, hey, let's stop playing. I just go ahead and lock this thing in and just do what we gotta do and let's just be big ten champions outright. So I think we take over right now, four to six, from three point hours three, from ten to sixteen points in the paint, they got twenty two. We only got seven points off the bench, they got fifteen. So that's it right there. You know, that's the league that they have. You know, they beating us by eight points off the bench, So we pick it up in the second half East, that's all.
Speaker 5: That's that's exactly right, eight points off the bench. Michigan State right now trails by seven in Iowa City right now against the hawkives halftime. It's about the end any minute now, you know. Cold You know, I'm listening to the game. I'm following it as i'm driving in. Just now that there's a lot of threes thrown up there. Like you just said percentages right there, they were just not hot shooting. But we've seen this out of Michigan State before when we were there at the Brezel Center. If you recall that, remember how poor they performed against Oregon when eventually they come back and win the game out right about like twelve points.
Speaker 4: And that was the day that coach Iso tied byby Night for the record.
Speaker 3: I can imagine the game too where we hit the half court shot. You know.
Speaker 2: That was a game where were only score fifty some points, I think, and and we win it at the end on a three point half court shot. So imagine the percentage in that game. And I don't even know, but I'm willing to bet you won the high you know. So I can't wait till the second half. You know, I'm the type of person I want to see the last five to three minutes of the game straight, Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, as we walk to me, yeah, basketball to me. You know, I want to see the last five to three minutes of it, you know, so I could talk my talk.
Speaker 5: So look and tipping off right now, it's just the swerve of irving babies.
Speaker 4: They down there in Indianapolis.
Speaker 5: You know, you got Mischigan State women's basketball tipping off against Wait a minute, hold on, man.
Speaker 4: They playing Iowa too?
Speaker 1: Is that right.
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 4: At nine pm?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 3: Oh it just started.
Speaker 5: Yeah, both Michigan State men's and women are playing Iowa, but ones in the tournament. Ones on the road at Iowa right now? Is that correctly? My reason is correctly. I'm a little flaxed because it's just getting off delayed twice. Man up in Atlanta's not my thing, swear.
Speaker 2: Look, hey, but one thing about it. The people that's in the chat, they gotta understand this. My man got off the plane and I think you know you had with a forty seven minute drive hour hour right, the full hour. Yeah, got out when we when we talked, when you was in your car. The game was at twelve minutes in the first half, and I said, I called you back at six minute mark. Yeah, I call him back at six thirteen mark, and he said, I'm doing good.
Speaker 3: I'm make good time.
Speaker 2: So just know this, the determination desire that he showed for this is spart the MSU to get home, to get on the show on time.
Speaker 3: Hey, you got to salute the brother.
Speaker 4: Hey, man, I didn't want to miss it.
Speaker 5: I know how important it is for you to keep moving, you know, and everybody else that supports the show and everything else that we do on and onward. Man, I had to just do my part, right. So that's that's something that's ingrained in us as being Spartans, right, all Spartans. Man, Hey, look, we're not boring. We built and we and we work on things and we stand. We only as strong as the one standing.
Speaker 4: Next to us.
Speaker 5: So man, look, I love standing next to the people that I work with every single day.
Speaker 4: I promise you that. Baseball.
Speaker 5: Let's talk a little bit about baseball mid week and Greenville, Michigan State Baseball dropped just a second game of the season yesterday, falling ten to seven against Western Carolina in Greensville, South Carolina. But man, you know, Sam Bush provided much to the offensive Sparts with three hits, four RBIs, and two runs.
Speaker 4: There is a lot going on with that baseball program.
Speaker 5: So you know, being ranked in the top twenty five for the first time in years and the best pitcher in baseball right now in college baseball is a Spartan.
Speaker 4: More on that next week, Go ahead, sir.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to come on because I'm willing to bench and I'm telling him coming up, I'm coming up to the campus and probably in April. I don't care how fast he pitched straight.
Speaker 4: You taking him yard. You're gonna point like, Babe, Ruth.
Speaker 3: Did you know what? You know what coach Mareen and Woody.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing back my baseball pitcher out from high school. Cause I know y'all sitting in da ol Swerve always talk he ain't play no dis I already brought the player the Athlete of the Yotrophy.
Speaker 3: And it's not about me, you know, it's about this is But I am a spartan.
Speaker 2: There, y'all know I played a little baseball too, So scrat I can't wait.
Speaker 3: But you know what, he's not just a great picture screat.
Speaker 2: They're gonna find out he get the boy got a big ass, hard.
Speaker 4: A huge heart, huge campaign that's gonna be.
Speaker 5: There's been a press release already, but we're gonna really drive that home next week.
Speaker 4: So stay tuned for that one of a great cause.
Speaker 5: And on this show when there's great cars, I mean, we always answer the bell and get that out there. So we can use this platform to catapult things for a good causes. You know, Michigan State Baseball all spartans are doing. You know we've done that before with the Marion Smith and Ayana. I think Ayana.
Speaker 3: I gotta bring Ayana back. Man. We get it for the spring.
Speaker 5: We get them for the spring ball that that'll be great, you know, but for right now, make your nil gifts charitable swerve with CGA Charitable Gift America. CJ's gift planning services are beneficially Spartan alumni of all agents. To find out more about supporting Spartan athletes while also investing in your future, please visit CGA America dot org today, So please everybody who's here. I know, we we're doing a little watch party right now. Spartan trailer by eight points against Iowa on the road. We're watching this were a little deeper in the halftime than we'd like to go. But look, swerve. Look next year. There was an announcement made this this a couple of days ago that Michigan State football will be playing against Maryland and ford Field Thanksgiving Day week Thanksgiving weekend, November twenty ninth, twenty twenty five. So that's one of those things this controversy about that it seems like the fan base is split on when you see what's going on on social media, what's your thoughts on that being able to have the Sparks play in NFL stadium.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think you do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just like you know when teams use the Yankee Stadium and to use uh, I think some use for a field, not for a field up the baseball stadium in Chicago. I think it was a football game now something like that. Uh I may be wrong, but I think it's good, you know, especially for us. You know, so you you bring, you bring everybody off seven mile eight mile grashing, you know, getting some free tickets to come on to the you know what I mean probably can get is a king of tech tech cash tech to come out to you know. So you know, it's a lot of things we can do for with it. But uh, what what what you saw on social media that was so bad about it?
Speaker 5: You know, some people want it to be in Spartan Stadium because that I believe that senior day. Okay, so there's a lot of traditionalists to say that. But then there's a lot of people say, hey, the stadium is usually empty because all the students are gone home during that time as well, so most of them live they reside in the Metro Detroit area anyway, and it's warmer, so that's why you get a little bit of that. Another business community in East Lancing doesn't like it. Obviously, they like the home game because they want the people coming in and spending the money in East Lancing. But you know, I think it's a good thing for players, you know, thinking about the athletes, the coaches, you know, that's the most important thing, you thinking about that. Being able to play in a pro stadium is always something you want to do, right. Everybody dreams of playing in the NFL and being able to be in those NFL locker rooms, playing on that stage is huge for those athletes. So I think that it's a good thing. You know, this isn't from what I understand, was not made. This decision was not made by the networks, because that was what we heard two years ago when we played playing Penn State, was that NBC pushed Michigan State into this slot and they don't push the Ohio States and school down the road into those slots.
Speaker 4: So that's where there's a lot of you know, angst about it.
Speaker 5: People don't like it, but you know, overall, I think it is a good move for Michigan State the brand. Nothing else is gonna be on. I don't I don't know if this is on a I think this is a Saturday. I'm not sure. I believe this is a Saturday game, so it's not gonna be a Friday.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: We'll find that out stats and thenfol can help me out with that one. We got a lot going on the other kid. It is a Saturday, thanks producer, Sean appreciate that.
Speaker 4: So swerve.
Speaker 5: That's that's my take on that. That's your take. But it's against not against Penn State. Remember that's that's the Land Grant Trophy. We don't have the Land Grand Trophy at the end anymore. It's against Maryland. So at the end of the season, that should be a win, should be.
Speaker 2: And I just I'm waiting on Vegas right because they came what Vegas the five and a half, five and a half, five and a half.
Speaker 3: Ooh Vegas.
Speaker 2: I know what Vegas doing man, because I'm telling you I took him to the I took man.
Speaker 3: I could have sat out this year whatever every penny I had, I said, Man, four games, yeah, five and a half. They know something. They try to be sneaky, but.
Speaker 5: When your quarterback says take you over, you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes, and that's what he did.
Speaker 4: And he just came in. Last year was four and a half.
Speaker 5: Right last year that was over under from Vegas four and a half point of wins from Mischigan State they got five.
Speaker 4: So I think this team's programming is on the rise right now.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So hey, if I had to make a bet right now, I take the five and a half. But then I got to think about it a little bit more. I'm gonna make my decision before May first.
Speaker 5: Better, you know, because if the spring reports get out, they start seeing, you know, stuff moving, they gonna move that line up.
Speaker 4: The six and a half on you.
Speaker 3: You know. You know what I did this time?
Speaker 2: Straight last time, I went to the NFL and asked him, can I get a couple of my dollars for my retirement?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, straight.
Speaker 2: I pulled it from there. I pulled it from this way. I pulled from my kids. I gave my kids some money way back when I went in there and got some of that money.
Speaker 3: I knew.
Speaker 4: He said he put the whole markets on it.
Speaker 3: I put everything on it, but I was so I was scared. Now, I was scared. But hey, I know, I know you were scared of it all.
Speaker 5: It came through just like it's supposed to look man, We're gonna close this thing down in a minute. The first He's message for my friends over at I Hop, did producer Sean disappear? Where?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 4: Or where is our producer?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 2: You know what the thinking about Sean Man? He's such a Michigan State fan and he's a Lord T fan that he gets so uptight when we're not winning by lot or he don't think we're gonna win. I mean, I've been around him at these games, man, so you know, Sean, Relax.
Speaker 4: Sean, what's up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: We just we just threw to a courage. I don't know where producer Sean went to. Can we come back in a moment after these message my friends over at I Hop.
Speaker 7: Six dollars never tasted so good. I Hops Breakfast Faves Combo is now just six dollars featuring I hops world famous buttermilk pancakes, Chrispy hickory smoke bacon, and two eggs cooked to order your way, all for just six bucks, part of the new six dollars House Fave's menu.
Speaker 5: Uh huh, hey, may look, this is live, this is live TV, Baby live podcasts, and this is it rawnuck up.
Speaker 4: We got a death in the family.
Speaker 5: We had the laid flights, We got a halftime right now, we thinking we're gonna clench and we're down by ten seven. I'm sorry on the road right now now, eight years old about.
Speaker 3: Oh that was a good block, no foul? Come on, well.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Man? Oh shit, look at it? Look man, you cannot tell me. I do not look.
Speaker 2: It's no way the thing y'all want to build for ez If you look at him now just now closed up, he do not look anything close like that done toteo and what's called the more mooy?
Speaker 5: What this shit is that you want to build to erect the statue for his own right?
Speaker 3: I just seen the picture of Izzoe up close. That's not even close. Straight.
Speaker 5: Look, most of the time when you go to get the statues you look at you get the people in their prime. Okay, okay. That's so when they make a statue with you, they're gonna have a statue of you, you know, running touchdowns in Spartan stadium.
Speaker 2: Man, you think they're having a gold teeth, they gotta have a gold te strade.
Speaker 3: It ain't swearing without the gold teeth.
Speaker 5: That's you gotta have the gold sea just like you can't. You know you're getting Canton. You got you got the.
Speaker 4: Jerry curR like you know, sweetness and the gold teeth like you know, I think didn't Prime have his Jery curl in his for his bust the head?
Speaker 3: What you got? That's the only way you gonna remember Prime.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're not gonna get him ball head, you know, with the great But you're not gonna do that. He ain't going into the hall like that. You gotta go into the hall the way you remember the Mama field.
Speaker 2: So so if it were wooded, because you ain't see wood in the Ferrari, in the red Ferrari.
Speaker 4: I've seen Woody in a lot of things.
Speaker 2: All you got to do is say mercy, Mercy.
Speaker 4: That's day.
Speaker 5: Listen, love Woody, love everything that's going on. Man, what what what clip do.
Speaker 4: We have right here? We have a clip?
Speaker 3: Oh, I can do this clip right. Let's move around it back.
Speaker 2: This is my nephew, a ka little mateen cles.
Speaker 3: Just a freshman. I guess they still winning.
Speaker 2: They don't want district champs, they don't won another championship and they still playing in his dad something in this video. Man, I told her I want to come see a game. But you know this little mateen cles getting his first dunk in high school one more time.
Speaker 3: Look at that ah, just like his uncle swerves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, he got up with that one and looking proud.
Speaker 3: Popa out there, daddy, look and mama. You know his daddy right now couldn't even test the net.
Speaker 5: No, not even closed, not even know he can't. He can't get he can't slap the backboard anymore. That's a good clip right there.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, shout the little more man. That's my man. He gonna do big things. I already say he's gonna be one of the top guys in the country. I already said that two years ago. So jump shot way better than his daddy. It ain't even close.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Before we get out of here, we want to give a shout out to a person that we lost today, earlier today, World of Isaac. I don't know if we have a video for him, but World of Isaac is a guy who was a huge Mister State fan uh Detroit icon lost his battle with cancer of disease that he fought for decades. But do we have Do we have that video? Sean, Let's see if we can play it from ESPN.
Speaker 8: Sports World lost a beloved voice today. Andy Isaac, the Detroit sports super fan and social media personality behind Faturday and the world of Isaac, has died. Known for his humor, passion, and larger than life presence online, Isaac battled Hodgkins lymphoma for nearly two decades, sharing his journey with honesty and heart. Detroit teams paid tribute to him in his final days, lighting up scoreboards with hashtag Fatter Day, his signature celebration of food, fandom and life. A true original, Andy Isaac leaves behind a lasting impact on sports and the digital world that he helps shape. Andy Isaac was forty five years old. Sports World lost a beloved.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, the iconic individual man.
Speaker 5: A lot of well wishes out there from a lot of national media folks about him, and you know, just just a Detroit fan, Missus State fan in his own right.
Speaker 4: He's fout the show by the way up.
Speaker 5: Prayers to his family, swerved and candoles, just everybody involved with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I give a shot to him and his family, man, but not just want to say cancel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's what we all want to say.
Speaker 2: You know, if if I ever meet him, if I ever meet Cancel, I'm telling his own sighting.
Speaker 5: Oh man, yeah, can that's a whole nother show. By the way, we're gonna have a show on that next week. By the way, misis State right now is trailing. We want to let everybody get back to the show. They're trailing right now.
Speaker 3: Oh down, five baby, what a shot?
Speaker 4: Okay, five points? They in it. I think we can.
Speaker 5: Let's all collectively go watch them on FS one right now and cheer the the victory.
Speaker 4: Or wherever you are in the world, if you're out here, you're on.
Speaker 5: The road, tune in the Spartan Sports Network, Spartan Media Network and cheer the Spartans on the victory.
Speaker 4: Right here, Cedric, before we get out of here, brother, any final.
Speaker 2: Words, Hey, once again, I just want to say thanks to the fans, not the fans.
Speaker 3: I said nothing.
Speaker 2: It ain't fans now, it's friends up the show that reached out those words.
Speaker 3: Man, you made me feel good.
Speaker 2: You made me smile, so I was gonna smile anyway, but you made me smile even harder. So I just thank you for the love and support. And guess what we're back on now. So all the good se shit is out the way, all of the you know, we back to get it on Tuesday, and let's get it running.
Speaker 3: Hit the ground running, my coach do to say, hit the ground running, you know.
Speaker 5: I Like, I'm gonna use a quote right now from the world famous Honolulu King with the card when he says, I've never been with our love because I've never been without God. So with that, everybody, we will see you next week. Stay tuned for some very especially announcements next week for Cedric Irving. I'm Jason Strahorn. This is part of MSU. Everybody, have a good night, God bless you, and go green, Go white, se