Speaker 1: Which rookie receiver looks destined to be his team's number one target sooner rather than later. Why can drafting a bunch of rookies in the Big Gorilla help you win the million dollar grand prize? And what player coming off a late season tour in ACL can actually contribute to winning your tournaments? In twenty twenty six plus, multi time FFPC League winner Vic Davis drops by to talk Eli Stowers, his predictions for the Panthers backfield, and so much more. We've got a great show for you tonight. Farrell Elliott is here. I'm Eric Balkman. Stick around.
Speaker 2: Your high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour starts now.
Speaker 3: It's down the pressure I've seen.
Speaker 4: Broadcast live in horror ral the world.
Speaker 5: You are now watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com with your host, Eric Balkman and Farrel Elliott. The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home for analysis from the best players.
Speaker 2: In the world at now.
Speaker 5: Because no one else was available, Here are Eric Baltman at Barrel Elliott.
Speaker 1: Thank you everybody, Hello and welcome greeting. Some salutations to all of you alcoholics and farelix. My name is Eric Balkman and this is the latest episode of the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my f FPC dot com the Fantasy Football Players Championship. Connect with me on the ex at Eric Balkman at hsff our at f FPC, you may know me from the road of his High Stakes Lowdown, f FPC Insider Access and of course hsff our Extra reps. Along with f FPC, my co host is the Definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football One, mister Farrell Elliott. Coming up on tonight show, we're hashing out whether a certain NFC SOLF quarterback is falling too far and what running back on a new team stands a good shot of being a league winner. Before the multi time FFPC League champ, Vic Davis joins us for conversations on Marvin Harrison, Patrick Mahomes, and so much more. If you want to connect with us on x at at hsff our at Eric Balkman and check out Farrell's Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship at KFFSC dot com. You can also post on our Facebook page at Facebook dot com slash HSFF our email the show at High Stakes Fantasy Football at gmail dot com. Excuse me, so, if you have any questions for us, now's the time to send them and we'll try to get to all the chat room questions, x posts and emails in the Fantasy Feedback segment coming up later on in the show. Thanks to our audio engineer and my best friend Bryce and our producer and mutual friend Rob, the FFPC is humming right now with tons of stuff available for you. We have live at Slow Big Gorilla drafts filling up all the time, million dollar grand prize seven banana promo is still going on right there. We do have Midweek Mayhem where you can win in one of three free Big Gorilla teams. This year, all you gotta do is draft in the Big Gorilla either well anytime starting Monday all the way up through tomorrow. Slow drafts count as well. The FFPC main event features a million dollar grand prize six hundred dollars off each additional team there after you get your first one. Don't forget about the Baby Gorilla featuring one hundred thousand dollars grand prize. Our best ball tournament grand prize is up to four hundred k last year was three hundred, so we're added on to that if you can play in that right now as well as our super Flex Bestball tournament. Just thirty five bucks gets you eligible for one hundred k grand prize to Honesty and Empire. Startups are filling up each and every day. FFPC Player one draft against eleven other CPU teams and try to win cash. There a lot of fun. Player one has been huge, so check that out if you haven't yet. FFPC chop leagues also available. Just don't be the lowest scoring team in your league on any given week and you can win there as well. My FFPC dot com is where to go my FFPC dot com. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video show with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live, give you the schedule for the rest of the week and quite frankly next week as well. As we're humming along with tons of great content for you with a lot of great FFPC players coming up. One of the people who are contributed, who is contributing to that content is my co host.
Speaker 2: Do you know him? You love him?
Speaker 1: From the KFFFC KFFFC dot com. He is the definitive commissioner of fantasy football. I bring him in right now, ladies and gentlemen, Good Wednesday evening to you, Farrell Elliott Monky.
Speaker 3: How are you sign? You look like somewhat perplexed and tanned at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's sort of my thing.
Speaker 1: I was trying to watch the end of the soccer match between the United States at Bosnia before we got started tonight. Sadly, too much stoppage time at the end. I didn't get to catch the end of it, but I just see the final score right now, go go USA onto the round of sixteen. They beat Bosnia to nil and farrel there is a guy on the Bosnian team who played high schooler, who attended high school. But a ten minute drive for me in Appleton.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 3: For that Appleton's outreach into the world. But the culture of consumption of beer, of fantasy football, it's an unbelievable. If you want to be in the center of everything, you should move to Ale, Wisconsin. That's why you are the consul at Oh.
Speaker 2: Sir, well, thank you so much. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: For there was a red card involved. I do not understand. I just I thought it was Valentine's Day or something. I don't know. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 1: You do know what's going on with American football, and that's what we'll be talking about tonight, much to your happiness. I'm assuming that we need to talk about this and Pharaoh will lead things off tonight with the world champs Seattle Seahawks. I want to get your take on this Jendarian Price thing. Brady Henderson, who covers the Seahawks for ESPN dot Com, wrote that the Seahawks quote did not draft Jedari Price with the thought that he'd be a high volume starter right away.
Speaker 2: Let's expound on this.
Speaker 1: Henderson said that the expectation early on is that Price is gonna split work with George Halani. Emmanuel Wilson signed from the Green Bay Packers. The team is gonna wait for Zach Charbona to come back from his injury, and then it could be Jenarian Price and Zach charbone in the backfield going forward for Seattle for the re mainer this season. Now, obviously we're talking about this here in July first, but if we look at Week one, This could look radically different in regards to if somebody steps up in training camp and looks like they're the man.
Speaker 2: But this does not sound.
Speaker 1: This sounds more like a muddy backfield rather than a backfield where we kind of know what's going on, right, And that's fine, we deal with that all the time. But the question is barrel if this is indeed a muddy backfield. Our FFPC players over drafting Jendarian Price right now. I'm looking at the mojo on him at Fantasy Mode Joe on x fantasymojo dot com. Darren Armani runs that site. He's also the godfather of the pro Versus Joe's Challenge. If you follow him, you've been seeing all these pros Versus Joe's League announcements that we'll be covering here at the end of this month right here on the HSFF hour, and anytime we cite ADP on this show with the FFPC, it is all through his website. So Jeneian Price over the last five days for running back twenty six at the six oh four, that's where he's going right now. It's ahead of Pollard, it's ahead of Warren, it's ahead of Stevenson, Brooks Hubbard, who'll get into that more on later on in the show. Do you feel like that's a price you want to pay for a guy who you know? Quite frankly, we're getting this from the Beat writer himself. That doesn't sound like this is going to be his backfield at any point this season, because by the time he gets his feet wet, he sheds the rookie label, as most rookies do. In November December, that's when sharbon A can be back. And I'll say this and I'll let you answer. And remember sharbon Ay may not be full speed ahead Zach Sharboney coming off this serious knee injury. However, the Seahawks are still going to plan and that's still gonna take away volume for jendariing Price. I am out in the price business at running back twenty six in the early sixth round.
Speaker 3: But I'll let you win, oh man, I sure am too, Bulky. I wouldn't even think about it, wouldn't consider it. First of all, you make a you and the columnist there, the Beat writer, makes it a deft definition of what the coaching staff is working with. This coaching staff is pretty high on themselves. They want a big game back in February. You know, they think they can They think they can do no wrong, and they may be right about that. Now, look at Halani. Most people don't know anything about him. Good player out of Boise State, change directions very quickly, and has been there now for two seasons. I think that's right, Bulky, two seasons in Seattle. They understand who this player is and theyre going to use him accordingly generian price. Good player. Let's don't get carried away with familiarity of a running back from a superior school that we're all that we've all looked at. We're going to talk with our guests tonight a little bit about drafting rookies, but this is one that is skewed way out of control as far as yeah.
Speaker 1: And the other thing too is I never and again I don't know, and we haven't really seen him be in the driver's seat of a backfield in college because he's playing behind Jeremi level. He may be very, very good, but what we do know is he did not catch passes in college.
Speaker 2: Doesn't mean he can't catches in the pros.
Speaker 1: But I'm building up this case here where if this goes right, if this goes right. If this goes right, then yeah, he might pay off on this early six round ADP. A lot of stuff that has to go right, and you and I are both shying away from him at the moment.
Speaker 3: The short passing game in this offense could be the supplement to the rushing game until sharbon a sharbon at returns and this group of running backs developed themselves as a steady contributor.
Speaker 1: And by the way, we'll have more information on that passing game coming up on I believe extra reps on Friday with our guests, and I'll announce that here shortly. Let's get into the next piece of news that we have here. Danielle Oyafusi, who covers the Browns for ESPN, talked about Cleveland getting Casey Conceptsio on the ball in a quote bevy of ways during the offseason programs. Oyafusi says that they want to play.
Speaker 2: Or at least the plan for Cleveland, he believes, is.
Speaker 1: The plan to play Conceptsion, getting the ball on deep shots, getting the ball on screens, and getting the ball on running plays as well. He's been very versatile in throughout his collegiate career at multiple stops, and it was reported earlier this month that Todd Monkin, the new head coach of Cleveland, was going to design plays to get the ball in Conceptscio's hands.
Speaker 2: This is something that you know, the drum.
Speaker 1: Beat, so to speak, is continuing here in regards to what we could think of Conceptsion doing as far as fantasy goes this year.
Speaker 2: Now he can I don't want.
Speaker 1: To compare him to Deebo Samuel, but certainly in that short area of the field, there's a lot to like there with what his chops are and probably the best part Perrel. And I'm burying the lead on this is the price that we are paying for Casey Conceptsione right now, for a guy who could be the number one wide receiver on this team. And yeah, I know they have a Harold fan and so on and so forth, but he is being drafted outside the top fifty wide receivers in the Big Gorilla right now. Over the last five days Parrel wide receiver fifty one. He's going at the eleven oh one, So he's outside of the top ten picks.
Speaker 2: A top ten rounds of the Big Gorilla as well.
Speaker 1: He is going after Matthew Golden Jacoby Myers, Jordan Addison. Concepcion is a player that I probably want to get more exposure to as my fantasy drafting season continues, and I feel like this is a player that if you want to buy into him now, it's the time to do it, because I think he's just going to keep going up and up and up eightyp boards.
Speaker 3: I think you're exactly right. Bulk is another case for why you want to draft early. Has he been a bit consistent around that eleventh round pick. I think that's where he's sort of plateaued, and he might have He might have before the Cleveland Browns selected him, might have been going even earlier. Now. This is if we back up a little bit, I think there is some congratulatories to hang out, handout rather to the Cleveland Browns front office. They've drafted a player here who is checking off all the proverbial marks of what you want in a young locker room. It concerned me a little bit that we've got a head coach coming in here that's sixty years old. He's his only head coaching experiences with Southern Mississippi. You know, he's he's got to deal with a very very young team and a bit of a quarterback controversy. Thus enters this concepcion who's had nothing but the right time thing to say every time they put a microphone in front of his space, and he backs it up with what he's done on the field. And somehow magically a team that has always been somewhat fractured seems to be coming together and it's concepts the owned fans have seen this, probably from his experience in college. He's a young guy at twenty one years old. He's gracefully aging within the locker room and being a guy that you can depend on. So his skill set relates to both quarterbacks. Whoever wins that quarterback position is going to rely on this player. So that's why you know he's going to be likely the number one receiver for this team. There's just a lot to like about this player, and I think it gets better as the season goes on. So I'm all four drafting this player at this eleventh round and even higher. I would take him up until the ninth or eighth, which is probably where he's going to end up later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's a good point too, is even if you write a round maybe two rounds, he might still be a bye. I understand that Fannin is probably going to be you know, he could be the number one target there overall, regardless.
Speaker 2: Position, for the remainder of the season.
Speaker 1: And I know there's a lot of people that are going to talk to me about Shader Sanders, Deshaun Watson and the problems with the quarterbacks are the problem with the quarterback position on that team as well. But when it comes down to it, even if this guy goes up a little bit more, I still think that that ceiling is worth chase chasing when you're talking about some of those other receivers I mentioned going around for sure.
Speaker 2: Now he's a.
Speaker 1: Rookie, let's talk about a season veteran here before we get to our guest who's coming up in just a minute, in Vic Davis. Albert Breer, who covers the NFL for Sports Illustrator, wrote this past week that Patrick Mahomes is quote trending towards being cleared for eleven on eleven at the start of training camp. He's ahead of schedule, which I've said on this show. Being ahead of acl repair schedule is the new on schedule, right If you're a head of schedule. You're on schedule. If you're on schedule, you're behind. If you're not talking about it all, you're way behind on your So you could see the Chiefs being cautious with him. You can see, you know, Kansas City, he doesn't want to take chances with a veteran who's done it all.
Speaker 2: He doesn't need probably a whole lot of work.
Speaker 1: And if that's the case, you know, if Mahomes is going to be doing eleven on eleven in at training camp this year at Farrell, I have to question what FFPC players are doing with how they're picking this guy in the Big Gorilla. Over the last five days, according to Fantasy Mojo, we are seeing Mahomes go as the quarterback thirteen. For those of you uninitiated to math, that means he's not being drafted as a starter. There are twelve quarterbacks going ahead of including Brock Purdy, Jackson Dark Dak Prescott. All those players are going ahead of this all world quarterback and Patrick Mahons. The rushing numbers will probably not what will not be what they were last year. I would imagine coming off this knee injury, but getting this guy as a backup Pharreh or I say, letting twelve quarterbacks go off the board and then nabbing Patrick Mahomes in the mid eleventh rout. This is a guy that's got to go up too, right, because I love this adp.
Speaker 2: For him at this point.
Speaker 3: I like it, and I think that our fantasy drafters have been drafting Patrick Mahomes for a lot of years, and the ones who did it last year didn't do it successfully. Just there's a hesitancy with certain things that you can question about where this Kansas City team is going. I think all the questions have rosy answers. So I'm pro Mahomes, you know, but the word is out. Everyone who subscribes to Darren's mojo can understand that right now you don't have to overpay for this quarterback, so you know it's there. They're wise drafters to sit back and take the opportunity. But no, I wouldn't draft a few of those guys that you mentioned in front of him. And you know I, I think he's gonna be in a very exciting year in Kansas City, and I really look forward to the addition of the running back from this offense. I'll look forward to Kelsey's return to health, and I look forward to mahomes return to hell. So it's and most of all the offense coordinator back in the room.
Speaker 1: And I'm not buying the argument too. I know that, and listen, I could be wrong anything I say on the show, I could be wrong about. No, not really, I'm not, but I'll say this. We talked about range of outcomes on this show. One of the one of the things I'm not buying into, maybe to my own detriment, is the fact that Kansas City gave all this money to Kenneth Walker. They signed Mari Day Mercado, they draft Emmitt Johnson, right, so they have this this new new found focus on the running game and throw those other those last two guys out. Let's just talk about Walker here for a second. They paid a lot for this guy, the Super Bowl MVP, a pedigreed guy in the NFL draft, the guy who's been a big play merchant over the course of his young NFL career. I'm not buying the argument that somehow Kansas City is going to transform into riding Kenneth Walker this season, which will also take away from Mahomes. Even if Walker is having a successful season. I think a rising tide raises all ships, and it will make Patrick Mahomes a better fantasy players with.
Speaker 3: Very very good, complimentary running back to this offensive attack make second and short a wonderful down for Mahomes. And that's that's really what you're dealing with with the quarterback, like Mahomes is down in distance football, if you can get in within a few yards of a first down after a five or six yard rushing play on the first on first down, which he didn't necessarily have that last year. Now, and it's yeah, it's it's really a good thing. Tell me. Now, we talked about some of the quarterbacks going in front of him. Let me throw a couple of quick ons at you. Who would you take before if you had the choice. So you're sitting at so you're sitting at one of the turns at the number twelve position. Do you take Mahomes or do you take Prescott?
Speaker 1: I think I would probably take Prescott to go ahead?
Speaker 3: Do you take Mahomes? Hurts?
Speaker 1: I would I would take Jalen Hurts and and and I'll and I'll say, like listen, Mahomes could easily finish ahead of either one of those guys, I love drafting Hurts this year because I think a lot of people are down on him based on what happened last year. Is rushing totals were way down, probably the worst of his career. I think he's in for some nice positive aggression. I just traded in one of the Kentucky Dynasty.
Speaker 2: Leagues, Farrell.
Speaker 1: Uh, straight up, I with Doc Hakey. Actually, I swapped my rock party and got his Jalen Hurts, And I feel really good about that.
Speaker 3: You know, it's amazing anyone would ever trade with you in the Dynasty, It really is. It's it's just but you know, Doc Hekey has the swagger to do it, and then that makes that makes sense?
Speaker 2: Would you?
Speaker 3: But you would never, my Goodnessue would never take a party ahead of Mahomes.
Speaker 2: You know I probably would not.
Speaker 3: What about Stafford?
Speaker 2: No, take Mahomes out of Stafford.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, Okay, I think you're in the right place. But I think, look, it's like our It's like our friend mister Prescott. He's got a tough, tough job. Uh. He plays for the Dallas Cowboys with the defense that is is poorous at best for fantasy football purposes. He's got all these great receivers, he's going to have to fling it around. Mahomes doesn't necessarily have to do all that to win. With the acquisition of the running back. Running back's going to help him. But you know, uh, Prescott's got a bigger elephant to carry on his back. So yeah, those are Sometimes you're not drafting the best quarterback, you're drafting the situation, and that's yeah, that's what's going on here, I believe. But yeah, give me Patrick Mahomes on any of my fantasy teams, I'll be pleased.
Speaker 2: The other thing with Prescott. Just to put a button on this conversation, I.
Speaker 1: Am of the belief that Dallas's defense, while it wasn't the most talented unit last year, I think it was pretty battered too.
Speaker 2: They dealt with some some nasty injuries.
Speaker 1: Those guys are healthy, They've they've added in free agency, they've added in the draft. I think the Dallas defense is going to be significantly better than what it was last year.
Speaker 2: And I don't think.
Speaker 1: Prescott is necessarily going to have to throw for five thousand yards in order for Dallas to be in games.
Speaker 2: We can see fewer shootouts from them this year. As well.
Speaker 1: So that's my soliloquy on Patrick Mahomes and Dak Prescott. Farrel and I have been talking a lot here. How about bringing a new voice into the conversation and getting a new perspective on some other topics we have planned for you Tonight, we'll bring in tonight's guest. He's already won multiple FFPC league titles.
Speaker 2: He's gunning for.
Speaker 1: The one million dollar grand prize in the FFPC Big Guerrilla this year, and he joins us live tonight. Please welcome onto the program, mister Vic Davis.
Speaker 2: Vic, Good Wednesday evening to you, man, how are you good?
Speaker 4: Thanks? Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Exciting to have You've been doing a lot of draftings so far this year, man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I've done two high state leagues as well.
Speaker 4: The main event, well.
Speaker 3: You've got to love that snail on that microphone, because we want everybody to hear the words of wisdom that.
Speaker 1: Are before we get into the fantasy football portion of the of the interview. Here, tell us what you're doing for a living when you're not winning f f PC leagues and drafting and all these leagues.
Speaker 4: This year, Hi practice medicine.
Speaker 2: A real life doctor on the show, Farrell, you got a lot.
Speaker 3: This is all right. Now we've got to throw out all the questions balking and we've got to get all the health issues we've been We've been asking guys all year that you know that the qualifications medically are that they went to CBS for Walmart, Walgreens, you know, to comment on how players are going to get healthy. They will be, they'll be fantastic.
Speaker 2: But uh, and we'erehere.
Speaker 3: Do you practice medicines.
Speaker 4: Here, Florida?
Speaker 3: Oh well, I hear that. I hear there's people down there in a certain age group that could use your assistance. That's a really good thing. I want to say that. Let's talk about some players who don't have the wear and tear on their body and are perhaps not a succeptable injury. This year. I've got some theories about rookie players as it relates to fantasy football and those who draft them it. You know, here in Kentucky, we have our first draft of the new year. We drafted for the twenty twenty sixth season on Super Sunday, So we start early and that draft comes right on the heels of the senior boat. And there's a lot of excitement. The second theory is that early drafting of rookies, pushing these guys up the boards comes from all the guys who play a lot of dynasty teams. They're focused on rookies, and I see that in the Aby Guerrilla and the Big Gorilla. I see that coming into play, and I think, you know, the shine will come off these rookies as we get through March April May and it heats up to one hundred degrees outside and we begin to think of the familiar names. Your teams early on are replete with rookies. What do you love about them? Is that a yearly thing for you or is that just something that this year? Like, I think the wide receiver class is tremendous. All the way through the draft, there were thirteen rookie running backs drafted, so so few they have to be good ones. Your thoughts on drafting rookies and how you see them on your team so far and on your teams that are will be going forward with.
Speaker 6: I think I was drafting them more rookies close it, you know, just after the draft and just before the draft. I mean, my high state league is the main event. I don't have any rookies in those teams.
Speaker 3: And why is that?
Speaker 6: I mean, if you look at the rookies, whether it's Uh Love, for example, what Jeremiah Love was going.
Speaker 4: Really it was going early.
Speaker 6: In the second round, initially before the draft, and the people saw that he landed Arizona in a crowded running back room.
Speaker 4: You know that he started going toward the end of the second round.
Speaker 6: Jaderian Price, you know, George Hallani is taking some touches.
Speaker 4: It, but you don't know when Starbuny is coming back.
Speaker 3: While you were waiting to join us, we talked about Concepcion.
Speaker 4: Who Yeah, I had that.
Speaker 3: I had that, and you know we were all thrilled about that until we saw his landing place at Cleveland. Yeah, and it seems to be making sense sometimes. I think we get on the other side of the NFL Draft and we don't necessarily like the landing space as much as we did.
Speaker 6: So I've gone away from the rookies a bit. You even Carnival Tate one day, Robinson might be the main guy there. It might be more especially initially with with with a big thing, you know, with the big contract.
Speaker 3: Well you know they we already we already like you in Kentucky. Here you don't. You don't have to. You don't have to prompt the former Kentucky. But that's okay. We appreciate that. We appreciate that. Oh, I think you settled it on rookies. You don't use kind of zigg and zagg just like I do. But I uh, I can see some I can see some good ones. It's always a thrill to see the one that comes busting through.
Speaker 4: I mean, if they fall to me, I'm going to take them as well. I'm not reaching out for them anymore.
Speaker 3: If you're drafting against Bulky, they won't fall to you.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: But I'll say this too.
Speaker 1: And Vick, you're the perfect person to ask about this, because you were drafting so early.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you got more of a discount on these rookies.
Speaker 1: Before they had landing spots and then when you started drafting, you know, some of these big gorilla teams, some of these main event teams. Did you see the rookies going higher because people felt more comfortable drafting up knowing what their landing spots were.
Speaker 4: I think it's the other way around.
Speaker 6: I think I was watching the rookies going earlier before and now that you know people have settled in, they are you know, I think they're going more for the veterans, That's what I've seen.
Speaker 4: I think the rookies are falling a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, one of the rookies I wanted to ask you about as we will be talking.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 1: We spent months talking about these rookies from a dynasty standpoint, and now we're talking about him tonight from a redraft standpoint. Let's talk about Omar Cooper in New York. Now we have talked about on the show, and this isn't I think this is a prevailing opinion by a lot of fantasy players out there that you want to draft players that probably will be the number one or number two target earners on their team. And I look at the Jets right well, obviously Garrett Wilson's the number one guy there, But then I look at who the other options are, ad Ni, Mitchell, Kenyan, Sadik, you know of Bryce Hall, perhaps.
Speaker 2: Mason Taylor.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if i'd throw him in at the number two so, but maybe by process of elimination, Omar Cooper is going to finish the season with the second high number of targets on this team. Is that the way you see it? And what do you think we're looking at production wise? From the young receiver from Indiana on the Jets.
Speaker 4: I'm not drafting any Omark Hooper anymore.
Speaker 6: I think you know, Geno Smith is, you know, end the year as the quarterback, and you know they've got a lot of pieces.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know. Mitchelle is getting a lot of hype right now.
Speaker 6: They say he's the second wide receiver, but you know he had a lot of hype initially too. You always had good training camps. I don't know how he's gonna do it actuality, I think with Keninsadi, with you know, but I'm not drafting Omar Prooper anymore. I think they're better potential, even rookie bye receivers.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I'm going back to the drawing board then. But I you know Gino, I think everybody loves Geno except Gino, and I end it to Gino doesn't like himself sometimes. And I'm going I'm going to stay in Florida because any Floridian gets tired of talking of New York Bunkie. I can't believe you asked him this. But I'm going to stay down in Florida and we're going to be connected because I'm going to talk about a University of Louisville wide receiver and now a Miami dolphin, and that is Chris Bell. He's ahead of expectations, or at least he's successfully recovering from his ACL problem from last year. I'm trying. I really enjoyed watching Chris Bell. Do you watch a lot of college football there in Florida?
Speaker 4: It's as.
Speaker 3: Much NFL as we watch. It's hard, especially a man in your profession to get in there and watch that. But I, you know, so I like to pick certain players. It's hard in my profession to do it as well. I like to pick certain players. On Chris Bell. That was one of my favorites to watch, and I think he's thought of incorrectly so as a possession receiver. I think we saw him catch seventy two balls this past year at Louisville. He catches a lot of crossing routes and they explodes with speed. I mean absolutely explodes with speed. He's a four four forty is one of the old heads. Like like to compare him to an Kwan Bolden, which is a wonderful commparison for a career. But Bolden never sniffed to four four forty, probably more like four six or four seven.
Speaker 2: But it's a good comparison.
Speaker 3: Bolden did catch one hundred yards I mean one hundred cat receptions in his rookie season for over a thousand years. So what I'm trying to I'm gonna try to sell you on every way I can to look at Chris Bell in a situation where you don't have receivers with a long resume, You've got some talent with some certain type of receivers, but I think Chris Bell is an all over the field type of receiver. A tremendous acceleration, wins at the point of contact, wins the fifty to fifty ball, can break tackles. I think I think there's real gold in Miami. Balky will tell us where where the mojo has ing, But I really think this is a rookie tight end that you can You maybe haven't drafted because of the injury concern, but I'm going to advise you to do so. Now, doctor, you're going to take my prescription for your roster. A wide receiver.
Speaker 6: Well, Chris Bell, Yeah, I think if you have an IR spot especially, he's probably gonna go on pump just you know, just tout the year.
Speaker 3: That's a medical there's a there's a medical opinion. Balky, we got one.
Speaker 6: That's that's all my specialty. But but you know, I think Chris Bell's he can really come on later in the year, and they don't they he could be the number one wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Certainly in Miami.
Speaker 6: He's certainly showing up better than the other third round wide receiver, HElib Douglas.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna spend the getting well, you talk about the Miami receivers right now, I'm talking strictly. I'm talking strictly big gorilla right now. So redraft no I R spot on these teams f FPC players. The first Miami receiver off the board is Malik Washington, but he doesn't go to wide receiver seventy five. Chris Bell is like less than two rounds after that at wide receiver eighty five, and we don't see any other.
Speaker 2: You know, No Douglas, no Coleman.
Speaker 4: I would take bello Washington.
Speaker 2: Well, I would too, Vic, just simply simply because of this.
Speaker 1: I need to turn through the bottom part to my roster early in the season, so I want to know whether guys are going to be hits or not, and I think Chris Bell has the opportunity to be a hit.
Speaker 2: The problem with him is, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like you mentioned it with Pop, and I'm with you on that, I don't really want to waste that roster spot on a guy recovering through the bye weeks, which is what I'll have to do if I'm taking Bell. So it's fine if I want to take Bell in the nineteenth round right now. Maybe he makes some sort of miraculous recovery and maybe he's he's you know, maybe he starts the season on pupp but maybe he's playing before early October or something like that. My concern is if I draft him, I'm gonna feel like I have to keep him on my roster until he's healthy, and I don't know how long that's gonna last. Right now, no argument for me who I would rather have. From a talent standpoint, it's clearly Bell over Washington. But the torn acl throws a little bit of a monkey wrench into that.
Speaker 3: I've got some I've got some information that he's moving well and working actually through drills. So when the when he shows up and does that in camp or later in camp and the beat rider comes up, then the proverbial value might be somewhat lost to inflation. I say, strike now, you guys like the player. We might not need him to start first month a month and a half of a season. But I think Doc's right. I think the smartest thing he said is this player's leading receiver on the team in November December, and that's when you guys are gonna win all the championships anyway.
Speaker 1: And that's when the money gets doled out, right, And so if Bell is playing even at a you know, the thing is, he's gonna have such a great opportunity there. If Miami's as bad as everybody says they are, or most people say they are, then Bell should be putting up numbers if he's healthy in November December, because Miami's gonna have to throw to keep up in games.
Speaker 2: Vic let me let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: As we move away from the rookies, let's talk about a guy who was a bit very highly touted rookie a couple of years ago, and that was Marvin Harrison, a player that was going basically in the second round at FFPC, midstakes and main event.
Speaker 2: Drafts his rookie year.
Speaker 1: Then he does not have the rookie year we were hoping for many people were hoping for, and then he falls off to you know whatever, it was third fourth round last year. Now, if you want to grab Marvin Harrison after a second straight underwhelming performance in twenty twenty five, you can get him at wide.
Speaker 2: Receiver thirty two at the six h six.
Speaker 1: And because fantasy players are crazy, they still say that's too high. Are they right in saying that? Should they be crossing Harrison off and letting somebody.
Speaker 2: Else take him?
Speaker 1: Or do you think there's something there with MHJ in the mid sixth.
Speaker 4: Mid six?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure if I would take him in the mid six. I mean, depending on how the draft is going. I think, is his ADP is.
Speaker 4: Right where it should be.
Speaker 6: You know, he's probably going to be the number one wide receiver oba Michael Wilson. But but the situation and arison one is kind of you know, it's sort of fluid. Any but you don't know who the starting quarterback is. You don't know Juilerent Fine and he's the one who really made Fa McBride and Michael Wilson super Scott last year. No, I think I would still take Harrison over Wilson because I think Harrison's gonna be the number one, but I think it's ADPs where it should be. I'm definitely not take him off my board, and I would take him if if especially be falls to.
Speaker 4: You know where I f.
Speaker 2: I will say this, Farrell.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: I just looked at the four receivers going immediately after Harrison, Parker Washington, Jordan Tyson, Alec Pierce, Chris Godwin. What do all those players have in common? They're all players I'd rather have on my Big Gorilla teams, or on my KFF SC teams, or on my f FBC teams. I'd rather have those four receivers over Marvin Harrison. And they're all going after him this year. So and we don't have to get into each.
Speaker 2: One of those. But for me, it's it's like I'm with I'm with you Vic on this.
Speaker 1: I think six oh six, that's fine, but I'm gonna spend my mid sixth round pick elsewhere.
Speaker 3: Dog the you're gonna if you're gonna be able to join us out at playing at Hollywood Live. You can do a little live drafting, main event drafting planning Hollywood.
Speaker 4: In Vegas, Yes, sir, right on the strip. No, No, that was a number, Doc.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm just once he wins the once he wins the Big Gorilla and the main event this year, Pharaoh.
Speaker 2: Well we'll have vic out in Vegas and twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: For sure, you need to make some house calls. There's there's guys that play in Hollywood who need you. We need you out there. Everybody will feel good about having you there. You know, we got time to reconsider this. While you're thinking about it, Bulgie, he is going to turn this into a rookie.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's just keep Here's here's the thing, like I feel like Eli Stowers is worth talking about here because the only conversations we've really had over the last three four months on the show has been from a dynasty standpoint. Everybody's very excited about stours in an f FPC tight end Premium league from a dynasty standpoint, But Pharaoh, we have not talked about him in region.
Speaker 3: Well, all right, we're breaking new grounds with Dog. Now, Dog, Eli Stowers, you and I could do a whole show with this player and then and you wouldn't have say anything. But now your head and you have an occasional you know Eli Stowers that go way way back with this is a quarterback at a Texas A and EM might think, who transferred into New Mexico Stadium, Well that's where he ended up. I'm taking you back. I'm taking you back to we're going we're doing a history lesson here, doub because this is what Sours has is history. But you're getting a quarterback from Texas A and M that transferred to New Mexico State and was trained by my beloved and good buddy and Nelson Fishback. Nelson Fishback as a tight ends coach. It's also a quarterback during his college days, Nelson groomed this got to be one of the best tight ends. And when Nelson left, so did this player. This player portaled out and went to Vanderbilt and quietly developed into the best tight end that we've seen in the SEC in a while, maybe since bours I like him that much. And we talk about a lot of these rookies in their landing spots I on this show and not statistically correct in some ways. But the ship has sailed for me and Dallas Goddard. I'm not I'm not interested in paying the price for Dallas Goddard that we must pay in fantasy football, and then his availability sometimes questions me. But Stowers, that's the background. What I see is a developing tight end with tremendous speed skills. This guy's vertical forty four point five, forty four point five for a six foot four inch tunor and forty pound player in the in the era of three tight ends, more three tight end sets in football than than ever in history. This past season, I believe Stours will be a pass catching machine. And Balky says, yes, everybody loves him in Dynasty. I love him in redraft. Can you join me, doc, Can you join me with a good prognosis of mister Eli Stowers.
Speaker 6: I'm not taking him over let's say Juwan Johnson or you know some of the people are going in or even I'm not sure about Star Wars. In the first year, they might they might have him playing behind Goddard. Uh. You know, Goddard when he's healthy, which I admit is not that often, He's still going to be on the field over Stars Towers might I'm not sure how he's going to do in the first year or so. I probably I would take say a Gunnar helm Ootwurs.
Speaker 4: You and I might have to.
Speaker 3: I see you like the conservative assured thing, Doc.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, with the tight End Premium League, like the Big Gorilla, you know, taking Star Wars, you know, with your one of your late picks is not a bad pick at all. Like you said, You've got a lot of potential and they've they've got to throw to someone after a J.
Speaker 4: Brown left, and that might be you.
Speaker 6: Know, Star Wars is supposed to be a great he doesn't block, supposed to be a blocker, but he's going to catch the ball.
Speaker 4: So I think that's a great potential pick. I'm just not There's so many picks there though, and around.
Speaker 3: That bulky well.
Speaker 2: We got to pay to get Stars, not much, not much at all.
Speaker 1: In fact, you can get him as tight end twenty eight right now in the Gorilla, and he's gonna he's basically going at that fifteen to sixteen turn. Now to to vis point here, there are some players that I think are interesting after stours, players that we don't have to worry about. Hey, are these guys going to be playing Week one or not? Players like Pat Fryarmouth for those people who don't like George Kittle. Jake Tanjas is out there as well. And I know there's a certain sect of people believing in Eli Reridan in New England. There are people still betting on a bounce back from Evan Ingram this year too. Those are all players going after Stours. I was listening, Oh over any of them, you would take sto Okay.
Speaker 4: All right? I think that.
Speaker 6: Maybe Greg Dalton, you know, is someone who could he could be the number one receiver.
Speaker 3: That Florida is coming out in doc right now. Florida is coming out any see, it's look stars.
Speaker 4: I would think it's stars by any of the ones you mentioned.
Speaker 3: Yuh, Here's what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Let me let me just say this real quick about Stars and we can move on. Stours is like we go back to the Chris Bell thing. We talk about players that could be big hits and how much they're going to cost you. You could draft Stours right now on July first, at the sixteen oh one, right and if if it, if we get to the first, you know, waiverwere run in early September and Stours is has not been making plays in the preseason. Stours has not been getting on the field. We're not getting great reports about his development in other in in that he will be playing significant offensive snaps in September. Easy guy to cut and move on from. However, if you draft him on July first, at the sixteen oh one and training camp starts and he's making plays and he's running with the ones, and it's looking like he is going to play a role on this team immediately, that's a great investment in a draft pick right there because of the high ceiling. And you know it's only going to get better for Stours going forward. So that's the argument I make for Stours right now in the Big Gorilla.
Speaker 2: This is a guy that if he misses, not gonna cost you much, but if he does.
Speaker 1: Hit, this is the type of player you want on your roster, not only in November, December, perhaps in September and October as well, which is very exciting.
Speaker 2: Veteran. Let's switch to a veteran here.
Speaker 1: Vick no longer behind Jamiir Gibbs in Detroit is David Montgomery. He's expected to be the lead guy in the Texans backfield. I've been drafting of a bunch this year. I've been getting some pretty good prices on him. I know that they're you know, he may not have the pass catching opportunities with a talented pass catching running back in Wood, he marks there. But I think about how Houston wins football game this season. It's the running game and it's defense, right and Montgomery seems like the perfect type of guy that can go in between the tackles and get you three yards or four yards and then occasionally rip off a fifteen or twenty yard I feel like this guy has a good chance at a thousand yard rushing season this year. And certainly when you talk about the price, which is what it all comes down to, the ADP, what's the draft capital that you have to soak on your big gorilla team in order to get this player on your team. Well, he's running back twenty one right now, he's five h two, he has moved up. He's ahead of Swift, he's ahead of Tuton, He's neck and neck with Trevion Henderson right now. I'm bullish on Montgomery this year. VIC, Are you feeling the same way I am.
Speaker 4: I agree with everything you said everything.
Speaker 6: Houston has not had a running back since Joe Mixon and what he March didn't have a good ypa that it's bad average at all.
Speaker 4: You know, he's good catching the ball, but.
Speaker 6: I's going to catch the ball as well. I think Houston is going to him a bunch. I agree with everything you said. I would take him over Chevy on Henderson because I don't know how much your bondus Stevens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did.
Speaker 3: Joe King came in with Joe King came in with a good number, fellas twelve touchdowns, And I think that's an easy number. I really really did.
Speaker 2: I think I never say easy, but I would say attainable.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: You can get a dozen touchdowns on a running back being drafted at the at the in the at the early fifth round, for sure. Now, if it was an easy twelve Farrell, he'd be going in like the third route.
Speaker 2: Bunkie. You've been married how many years? It will be fourteen years this December.
Speaker 3: That's why you're not concerned with the word easy.
Speaker 4: You know, you just one there.
Speaker 3: It's a different thing. See spell Lekowski, who's coming in with all kinds of wild stuff here, he's on fire. Over here.
Speaker 1: Well, but you know, speaking of the YouTube chat, I do want to bring up one comment here and I'll ask you Vick about this as I throw it up on this Vegita Super Say and for a Dragon ball Z fan, awesome wants to know about your thoughts on Sam Laporta with his new coordinator. He made Trey McBride number one. Why not a Sam Laporter resurgence and thank you for Gita super saying for we appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Vic.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because Drew Petsig, who was the OC in Arizona last year, is now the new OC in Detroit this year, and I think a lot of people are kind of frustrated with him. But I know the point with McBride is legit. Laporta already was the number one, I believe, the number one tight end one year in his career, and now he gets Petsig, who is a very tight end friendly OC last year. I know McBride's super talented as well. I was worried about the back issue, Farrell. I'm starting to pull away from that a little bit. I'm getting less concerned. You kind of talked me off the ledge about this with how much they were letting him do in OTAs in mini camp and so on and so forth. So I am kind of starting to get a little excited about Laporta.
Speaker 2: Vic, What about you. Do you see a Laporta resurgence in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 6: I mean, he's doing a six or seven right now, and that's why I would value him. I mean, Trey McBride was one number one option in Arizona and Laporta is still going to be number four option in Detroit, you know, but with the offensive coordinator or switch, certainly he's looking better than last year, or at least so he's going at six or seven, and that's why it's just right for him.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: Good that was that was Montgomery's old teammate in Detroit. If we can shift back to the running backs, Pharrell, I'd love to. I'd love to get Vic's thoughts on this next one.
Speaker 3: Vic, I need some help, buddy. I picked up some Dynasty teams, and through my own Dynasty machinations, I have Chimma Hubbard on so many Dynasty teams. Please tell me that he's going to continue to improve and grab a lot of that opportunity away from Jonathan Brooks because when I look at Brooks, I see a lot of potential and in redrafts for that very reason, I'm going to be uh, I'm not going to be a chubble Herbard guy.
Speaker 6: Your thoughts, Yeah, I think, you know, I think Talba Hubbard is still going to start off the year at the guy. But like last year, are they going to you know, but last year he got injured in the gift to Ricordouto, but then he took it back. I think Chub Hubbard is going to start off being the guy. I mean, that was a serious injury. With Jonathan Brooks, He's not just going to come in and take away work from from I think it's going to be maybe a threefold split at least for Chubb Robert I will I'm definitely taking him still over Jonathan Brooks.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that you get two hundred and fifty care he's out of Hubbard. I can expect that this season. I can expect that.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, you don't know really how Brooks is gonna be in training camp, and you know, he was a second round draft pick for the Panthers.
Speaker 4: He's got Hubbard with a fourth round draft pick.
Speaker 6: So he's got the draft value, but I still think it's going to be Hubbard unless Brooks is, like, you know, shows us something really great in training camp and in the season.
Speaker 1: I feel better about it already, Balky. Yeah, I mean you should fairly. And I'll just say this too. Let's just focus on where these players are going right now. Right Brooks and Hubbard are back to back in Big Gorilla ADP running back thirty for Brooks, running back thirty one for Hubbard. Brooks was nowhere near the seventh round, which is where he's smack dab in the middle of right now. He was nowhere near the seventh round back in January, February, March, or.
Speaker 2: Anything like that.
Speaker 1: It's been this slow climb for him as the buzz has gotten bigger, as the hype has got and better for him, and the reports coming out of Carolina, and at this point, you know, I mean, even if you like Brooks, do you really want to invest a mid seventh round pick on a player that is going to start off as the backup, A player that has torn his ACL twice, a guy that has been snake bit with injuries.
Speaker 2: Throughout his professional career. I'm not so sure. I want to do that now.
Speaker 1: Everything seems positive right now, but I just until I see it. I think I'm fine missing out on Brooks in the mid seventh. And if I'm gonna take a pair Carolina Panthers running back, I'll probably take the guy that they actually paid in Carolina, and that was Tube Hubbard. So I think I'm with you guys here. The hype is a little bit too much for Brooks for me right now. We move on to emails, guys, and Vic, I have two emails for you from some viewers, Gary and Ventura, California.
Speaker 2: Leads it off.
Speaker 1: He writes, Isaiah likely has been moving up f FPC boards lately. Is he still a guy I should target?
Speaker 2: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Vic?
Speaker 2: That is Gary in Ventura, California. And He's right about likely.
Speaker 1: This is a player that has really been sending up draft boards. In fact, I believe he is a top ten tight end right now. I'm verifying yes, he is going off the board the last five days in the Big Guerrilla Vick tight end ten at the seven oh five, right behind Laporta and Kittle, right ahead of Kelsey and Kincaid. Is that a price that that you're still willing to pay Isaiah Likely at the seven five actually ahead of Jonathan Boxson.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I love is Likely this year. I think I think I would take him over Kittle. But but the thing is that everyone knows about Likely now, he's not a secret, and everyone's targeting him, Troy, Everyone's targeting Likely, and everyone thinks, you know, they can they can take him later, but but he's going earlier, earlier.
Speaker 4: From what I'm saying, So I would definitely yeah, seven o five, Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still on board at that price too with Likely.
Speaker 1: And I think you know, the other thing too that's contributed to this likely rise has been the bad reports on Neighbors, and there's a very real possibility that the offensive game plan for September for New York will be featuring Isaiah Likely as the top pass catcher there rather than Malachi Fields, rather than Slayton, you know, rather than any of those guys. It could be likely until Neighbors gets back, and that's obviously something that we want to have on our fantasy teams. I'll bring this back up because Vegeta super saying for posted this on the YouTube chat vic Debate. Bears haven't had one thousand yard wide receiver. Since twenty twenty three, Caleb Williams was off target on twenty two percent of his passes. That was thirty first among all quarterbacks, worse than Kyler Murray. They also have the hardest schedule. Bears are no bueno. Now, I haven't fact checked any of this. I'm gonna take Gida super Saying for his word for it, because he's a smart guy, knows what he's talking about, clearly has good taste in television. The the aspect of drafting Bears, Vick, when you think about everything he just brought up, how have you been handling players like Williams?
Speaker 2: O'doone's a burden swift monong guy.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Loveland is another guy that we should talk about here.
Speaker 1: Does this scare you off any of the Bears this year in your Big Gorilla or main events.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 6: I mean drafting Bears a lot. Loveland is the number three end, Luther Burden. I'm I'm drafting Burden over doesn't think because I'm a little scared about his foot injury. Yeah, he's himself said it's still an issue. Uh but but uh and then Caleb Williams, I'm still drafting him I like him stop dank duties for sure.
Speaker 3: Well, guys, I think that's a great contribution and great great question for this late in the show, Balkey, can you give that pronunciation again.
Speaker 2: For the guys YouTube handle, Yes, vegeta super saying for.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's just that's just beautiful, man.
Speaker 2: I tell you what might be.
Speaker 3: I think what we're getting at here is we've got a quarterback that can't reach the receivers downfield. So what are the Bears doing. They won't entertain offers for Cole Comet, despite the fact that they have loved one. They're going to run three tight ends and almost all the time two tight ends on the field. Plus they've got some engaging backs catching the ball. I think this is a short passing game bonanza for the Bears. And that's that's why I would be drafting Bears. Those guys closest to the ball in the passing game, they are the ones that interest me. The guys lining up at the X and Y receivers here not as much interest for me.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: I think the thing with the Bears is not necessarily anything what they did or didn't do last year.
Speaker 2: I think that if there's one thing that would prevent me from drafting Bears. Is everybody else's Bears love.
Speaker 1: This year, Loveland is being pushed up, Burton's being pushed up, Caleb Williams being pushed up. So it gets especially at the quarterback position, where I see so much depth there. It's tough for me to talk myself into Kayleb Williams, even though I think he's a fine pick. I think Burton's gonna be fine. I think Loveland's gonna be great. But man, those prices are not going down, They're going up. One more email here for you tonight.
Speaker 3: Vic.
Speaker 1: Before Pharaoh asked the final question of our interview, this comes to us from Tom in Baltimore, and he writes, does Baker Mayfield stand out at all to you among the other quarterbacks he's going next to in the big Gorilla? And Vic, I can tell you right now, if we look at Baker Mayfield's adp over the last five days, he's quarterback nineteen. At the fifteen oh one, he's going about a round after Goff and Shug. He is going about a half round ahead of Jordan Love and a a brown and a half ahead of Malik Willis. Does Mayfield strike you as a target at all, as that spot in the Big Gorilla.
Speaker 6: I like Mayfield more than any of those qubis, especially Billis. Willis has no one who threw it right now. He might run the ball, but he's going to Mayfield. You know, he was missing he of course, he lost his offensive coordinator. So that's the only concern to Liam Gwen to Jacksonville. But the offensive line was a mess. He started off great last year. He was almost in the m v P, DOC, and then he lost half his offensive line, and he and Mike Evans and you know Amika Agbuka, who started off so good. He you know, he basically he lost. He was swaying to guys off the street. And he still did okay until late in the year. So I think Baker Mayfield is going to rebound. I like him is the offensive line has become stronger. Uh, you know, he's got I don't see why he should have a down year. I like him more than any of those qbs. And he does run the ball too, unlike jid Goff.
Speaker 4: Doc.
Speaker 3: I like what you're saying. The only thing that appears to be a problem for Baker Mayfield is if I install him as my starting quarterback. That seems to me, I'm taking personal responsibility for this entire Baker Mayfield situation because when I started evening count on six points and Doc, we would love you to visit us in Kentucky professionally, I'm enjoying good health and will not be visiting you professionally, So if you want to come up here, we would love to have you. And when you do come up here, there's gonna be somebody you absolutely love. You're gonna draft him, You're gonna get on your teams, You're gonna make a run with displayer. And then there's another guy and maybe other players are drafting that you're not gonna touch. Give us a couple of names we haven't talked about tonight so we can understand exactly what the Doc is thinking about.
Speaker 6: So the player I'm not drafting, particularly or the Viking wide receivers, I would say.
Speaker 4: None of them.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'll take I'm not drafting because you know, the whole thing about taking Jefferson, Jefferson's going in the back of the first and the early second. The whole thing about Jefferson is last year he didn't have a quarterback.
Speaker 4: But does he have one this year and it's still the same thing.
Speaker 6: It's you know, so I would rather take someone like Genty or you know, or Genre or you know, James Cook someone else in that position than Jefferson.
Speaker 4: Same thing with Addison. Addison now has jun Jennings to contend with. Who's who's the number two? There?
Speaker 6: Who's the number three? And then what about Hawkinson? So I'm not I'm not really going for the Viking wide receivers, you know.
Speaker 1: I'll just say this too in regards to the Vikings receivers there, I do have a little skittishness like Addison whatever, He's fine, Jennings whatever. I mean, these these guys are not going to cost you your league if if you miss out him. Jefferson is a player that we thought was quarterback proof. Uh and then last year we found out WHOA, he's not quarterback. And it's fine if you want to draft Jefferson, but bear in mind he is a first round pick right now. And if you not him, rather than take Ceedee Lamb or London or you know, a J. Brown or some of the running backs you mentioned, James Cook, who I need to start drafting more up for sure, yes you do. But but but all of a sudden, you're putting yourself behind the eight ball a little bit. Uh if if it's a whiff on Jefferson.
Speaker 3: In the words of the great Troubadour George Thurgood, who do you love?
Speaker 2: Yes? Who do you love? Vic? We talked about the negative. Let's get to the positive.
Speaker 4: The player I probably like the most is likely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, you all unlikely.
Speaker 1: Last thing I want to mention here tonight, guys and and Vic. I was thinking about this while you're answering that question, just to put a bow on the Mayfield discussion. Great points about the offensive line. Offensive line is healthier, it's better this year. You mentioned Evans getting hurt, Chris Godwin got hurt last year too, and Mecha at Buka part of the reason that he had that quiet second half, and we'll get to him on extra reps on Friday. For sure he was dealing with a leg injury as well. And then you think about Bucky Irving going down. I mean, it wasn't and the defense had prompted.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just.
Speaker 1: And Mayfield was was dinged up too. It wasn't just one person, It wasn't just two people. It wasn't even just three or four people in this offense. It was the majority of the starters on Tampa last year. And I understand starters go down all the time and injuries happened, but I think we're in some positive in for some positive regression for Tampa, Tampa's offense in general and especially Baker Mayfield. So I think you've started to sell me on Mayfield here a little bit more, Vick tonight, and I think you've done that for a lot of the viewers and listeners tonight as well. This has been a treat having you on. I want to congratulate you on your previous success in the FFPC and I wish you nothing but the best going forward, trying to win two separate million dollar grand prizes in both the Big Gorilla and the main event. Vic, be good, thanks her too, Thanks for hanging out with us, and we will talk with you again very soon.
Speaker 4: My friend, Thanks for having me with a lot of fun. Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Glad to hear it.
Speaker 1: That is Vic Davis, Ladies and gentlemen, the multi time FFPC League champ joining us tonight and once again Farrell, I come away entertained renewed for a renewed with a zest for the game, and quite frankly, armed with a little bit more info the next time I head into a draft room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're on your way, Balky. It's a successful twenty twenty six. You just keep building on being a legend. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'll go that far, but that's always the goal for sure. What the goal should be for everybody is going on to kfffc dot com and registering for some drafts. The one I will try to hawk tonight for everybody is the KFFFC main event that I am in right now that will draft as soon as it is full. It is the preseason Division, a four hour slow draft. Just need four more players than that and then that will get going. You can compete against me and probably some other luminaries that have been on this show before as well. KFFFC dot Com remember also the Sweet sixteen Bestball Championship going on there. We have Draftmasters Bestball Leagues going on there as well, and some spots still available in the live auctions coming up KFFFC dot com three weekends this year.
Speaker 3: Pharrell By I just can't out wait the Ashlan, Kentucky kicks it off. Then we're in northern Kentucky, right south of the Cincinnati Airport, and then three fantastic days at Caesars in Louisville.
Speaker 1: The last three weekends in August. You can draft live the kf FSC at three different venues. Register now KFFSC dot com. Pharah, we will do that and you and I will talk again on Friday with extra reps. Thanks so much for making us a part of your Wednesday once again. Be good talk to and hey, Bulky, got to step over your clothes out here. Yeah, but our guest, our guest is a superstar on Friday, I mean, and what does he have to say about this day? Well, he will say at the end of the show that you are officially over the hump now, and that'll give it away. Who's going to be the guest on Friday. But we can't wait to talk with him. Can't wait to talk with you again too, Fara, I'll talk with you soon. That is Farrell Elliott, the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football, hopping a board tonight. Want to remind everybody check out the FFPC Big Gorilla Million Dollar Grand Prize, The Seven Bananas Promo is there as well. You're getting fifty bucks off every third team you get with the Gorilla. Join in the Midweek Mayhem right now you are getting a chance at three free Big Gorilla teams. All you got to do is draft in the Big Gorilla either tonight or we have the main event six hundred dollars off each additional team. That's a million dollar grand prize as well. The Baby Gorilla features one hundred k grand prize the as well as the super Flex Bestball Tournament on hundred thousand dollars grand prize there as well. The Best Ball Tournament has a four hundred k grand prize. There's an extra one hundred thousand dollars to the winner there.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 1: The runner up still getting one hundred thousand dollars there too, so we bulked up that prize pool a little bit. Dynasty Empire startups going off at my ffpc dot com if you want to play fantasy football all year long.
Speaker 2: It's the only format we have that allows trading as well.
Speaker 1: Don't forget about FFPC Player one draft against eleven smart FFPCCPU players and wing cash there as well. Chop leagues of course going on. They start off at thirty five dollars. You can play that and more at my FFPC dot com. Remember to like this video, comment on the video, share it with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live, which is when. Here's what's going on next Friday. So we will not have a show next Wednesday. This show, we'll be back next Friday, ten pm Eastern Time, live Big Gorilla Draft coverage again. That's gonna be a lot of fun. We'll get some interviews from the drafters in that. Insider access will be tomorrow at seven pm until nine pm, two full hours with the new host of the Dominator podcast from Player Profile and rotro Underworld.
Speaker 2: You know him, you love him.
Speaker 1: He's the over hype sleeper, Dan Williamsim who is participating in Pros Versus Joe's again this year. He also co hosts Stack Hunters with Bradley Stalder. He will be my guest tomorrow from seven pm until nine pm. Extra reps will air this Friday at ten pm two time FFPC Pros Versus Joe's League JAMP Vince staff Alino will join us for that. That's gonna be a lot of fun. So check that out. And then we do have the three Goombas on Live Baby Grilla Draft coverage. I think it's Live Baby Guerrilla Draft coverage coming up this coming Tuesday at nine pm Eastern time, so you'll get Aiden Lacory, Dave Turpoli, and Jake Venudi covering.
Speaker 2: That as well as I can't.
Speaker 1: We haven't crossed the t's and dot on all the eyes yet, but I think we got a pretty good guest coming on for that stream as well, So that'll be Tuesday at nine pm Eastern. All right, that's gonna do it for a show. I want to thank Vic Davis, I want to thank Farrell Elliott, the FFPC, Rob Rice, and of course each and every one of you for watching, listening, streaming, downloading, and for Vic. For Farrell, I'm Eric Balkman. This has been the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour. As our friend Vince Daffelino reminds us, you are officially over the hump now.
Speaker 5: This has been another episode of the Hot Steaks Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my f FPC dot Com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world. Bulky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 1: Yes. Two other thing to mention as we close out tonight, I mentioned midweek Mayhem going on right now, We do have a midnight draft filling up goes off in a little bit less than an hour. Register for that and you can get in on the mid week Mayhem fun. And one other show, I'll be on Alan Sislowski's Dynasty Fantasy Football show that airs on Series XM Fantasy Sports Radio from I believe it's one until two Eastern time weekdays. I'll be his guest co host with him this Friday from one until two on Serious XM. So that's a Serious XM Fantasy Sports Radio. That's a lot of fun. If Alan's been on a few of my shows, he's one of my favorite guests, and we're gonna have a lot of fun in that hour on Serious XM on Friday. With that said, I will see you on FFPC Insider Access tomorrow night with Dan Williamson. Be good, everybody, and enjoy those drafts.