Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airwaves, where Birdie's and banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. There's balls and teas, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the lost screens and dive into the world of diveds, drives and delightful better the Magician.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen. It is the.
Speaker 3: One and only Tony Tone the Magician the world with a lot of play, and yes, I am a classic man, Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited to be here again.
Speaker 3: It is a Wednesday evening, and I can tell you Creatoria is in good spirits.
Speaker 2: I love the energy. I love what's happening outside.
Speaker 3: People are happy because it has stopped raining and the sun is out. Everybody is out to have a good time. And I can definitely reassure you that golfers are probably out there on the golf courses doing what they love the most. Ladies and gentlemen, today, I don't want to light you. You definitely need listen to me. You don't just need an ice cold class of water. You need to put ice cubes inside of it because it's about to get so hot.
Speaker 2: We experienced the cloudy season.
Speaker 3: Now this week we are about to experience a lot of it. It's like the sun has been pulled closer to us because we've got a guest who's on fire.
Speaker 2: This man is making waves on the golf course.
Speaker 3: This man is doing things out there, and you will know who it is once we come back from our two minute break.
Speaker 2: So, ladies and gentlemen, let's go for the two minute break.
Speaker 3: Make sure that you get that ice cold glass of water as well as ice cubes on top. Then when we come back, you will see what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airwaves, where Birdie's and banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Teas, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the last screens and dive into the world of divids, drives and delightful better.
Speaker 4: The magician.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for staying tuned as you know this is the one because you don't want to miss it is Balls and Teas, and I can tell you we are international. For those who are tuning in at the moment from wherever you are in the world, listen. I'm so excited, and I just want to say, be grateful, because without you, there's not us. And continue doing what you gotta do, continue supporting our movement. Make sure that Bowls and Teas carries the legacy. So, ladies and gentlemen, I promised you something. I promised you that the show is going to be extremely hot today. I hope you have made sure that you've got that ice cold class of water with ice cubes inside, because our guest is none but the only Master ogmull.
Speaker 2: Mister brother, how are you?
Speaker 4: No me, I'm I'm extremely blessed. I'm good, my brother. I can't complain, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I can't complain on myself. I'm excited that you joined us today.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So if you were to ask me how I am, you see my face smiled, smile from it to get.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you. I can't in actually hear a three of boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So mister I tried to introduce you, but I didn't even hear drum rolls. So hopefully if you reintroduce yourself, everybody out there will understand who oim? If it is how did og get into golf? And what's happening in your space at the moment?
Speaker 4: Say sure, yeah, I don't even know where to begin, man. But I was thinking about it the other day that I've kind of grown up with with golf pretty much most of my life because my uncle used to be a caddie back in the day, and when we were kids, he used to take myself and my cousins to the driving range and at the time, I mean we would just mess around, just see the golf balls, not really with any aim of anything, you know, not even like so we were pretty much sort of self taught in in how I even sung a club and we were obviously singing my uncle's clubs, which were way too heavy for us. And but as the years went by, my cousins kind of fell away. They love football more than golf. I do. Cute still my number one passion, but but I kind of kept on playing, you know. So my uncle and I would spend quite a lot of time playing at Cruise the golf Club, which is where we were members. And and yeah, then the bag you know, sort of brit and caught when I was when I was very young, and and and somewhere along the road, I kind of like, especially when the Tertiary I kind of stopped playing, but sort of you know, rekin, look my love for the game once I once I once I started working and could afford to time my own clubs.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And and you know, I like to think that that you're mentioning that when you go to Tertiury, you sort of took a step back, and I want to It's something that's very intriguing to me to say, why is it that often enough when we get to that stage of our life, So we just decide, you know what, sports can read a bit, Let me focus on this thing instead of jacking the two.
Speaker 4: You know what I always and I think because I've had years to kind of think about it, people who went to high school with me will always tell you that at some point I thought my career path would be to become a professional golfer. But in retrospect, I realized that I didn't have the necessary knowledge. Neither did my parents or my uncle left the necessary knowledge of how to actually get me on that park. So at no point that I have a coach, At no point that I play amateur events across the country on any circuit. All I enjoyed was playing and beating the old people and having some money, like on a Sunday competition. You know. So somebody if somebody had said hey, madam don and I like, oh no, list something, and then had kind of put me on the pathway, there's a bit of structure and there's a there's a way to get to that goal, I think it might have been different, So I give it. I'm a tricky even then. I didn't know what I was going to do. I ended that up, you know, studying information technoledge because at the time somebody was like, hey, if you want to make money, that's where the mine is going to be. And and I did that and and and went to study that. But it was never really a passion of mine, you know, so I never really stuck around. I finished school, but I worked for a little bit and realized, Hora, this is not really what I want to do. So I think I kind of not even fell look off. It's just that now you find other things. You're making new friends. You you were obviously school to think about. Now you move that a home. So look where my clubs were. You know, it wasn't in every every weekend thing. So and I think over time you kind of forget about playing.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, no, no, no, I hear you.
Speaker 3: But I like the fact that you taught your elder's lessons on Sundays and yeah, but but tell me, og, I mean playing for so long and getting to meet different people, get into play different courses, like you said, Sunday competitions and all of those. I want to ask you what happens now when you get on the golf course, when you get on the first t what thoughts actually go through your mind? Do you still have the same kind of feeling that you had when you were s touching? Do you still have the same kind of feeling that you had when you got back into the.
Speaker 2: Game after Oh? Is it more like? Okay, now it's just the occasual thing.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm used to this thing and I'm going to hit this ball so so long and so straight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, like there's there's there's friends of mine that I play regularly with who are actually frustrated by my game because they they know and I've seen when I put together a low around and they so, how are you not shooting in the loose seventies all the time? And and I always say, and I reached the point where I kind of stopped being hot on myself when I play like a bedground or even a bad shot. You know, there's a friend of mine, Craig Rodney want like he used to play together and jobs. Then he moved down to Cape Town and then one day said he was playing and he was a really good god for down to like a two handicap, and he said he played with this guy up into me, a psychologist, and and Craig just got so hard on himself because he knows he's a really good golfer. And the guy was like, ah, man, think about it this way, like you play this game socially. You don't get paid to play. You're not a professional, So why do you even get hort on yourself? Firstly, do you even like spend days at the driving range? Like for me, when I think about going to the driving range, now I'd rather go play. So I now accept that when I hit a bad shot. It's because I haven't really prepped to the level of where I know I can play, and I think I've got I've got such an understanding of my swing to the point where I don't get shocked when I shoot a low round, and when I shoot a bad one, I don't get down on myself. So I enjoy the game a lot more so. Even if I were to shaenk abo before, I'd be like, that's just now. Now, now you're walking to the next shot and thinking about that. Now I really let it go. I'm like, I'm blessed to play this game. I'm blessed to play some of the best golf courses around. Grandma said, be hard on myself because I'm not a pro, you know, so even and the cool thing also about now working on tour is that I see the pros hitting bad shots, and these guys spend almost every waking day of their lives practicing for this game. So if those guys can have a bad shot, NA give man like to even be hard on myself when I don't even practice, you know. So, now when I step on the t I literally enjoy it, man, So I never know and it will turn the rest of my around. Like I might strip one down the middle and it's like, oh, man, this is going to be a good day. And sometimes it doesn't even turn out today. Or I might push on hit a little snaphook and I'm like, oh, it's going to be a long day, and then for all you know, I end up turning level or something like that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: So, so I've learned to not to be too hard on myself to play this game.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: No, now, I mean you mentioned that at the moment, it's not about about being high on yourself. But the key question here is do you still get nervous when you play in competitions or let's say competitive games.
Speaker 2: Do you do you do you get nervous? And how do you actually ceher your nets? Do you?
Speaker 3: I mean, every single player has their own routinees to say, Okay, before you get into this thing, I'm just gonna focus on my party and then push everything out of my mind. Some would say, listen, when I address the ball, I will just take the club, grip it, do multiple practice strings. So how do you actually exercise the thought of getting rid of your nets?
Speaker 4: Ah? Man? Like, I think the nerves are always there after traveling for a long time, Like I hadn't played clap Champs for for quite a long time. So last year I got I got an opportunity because I had a window that weekends I played clap Champs. And it was crazy how nervous are got. But it's because you know, what is it they? You know, like like they literally every shot counts, you know, and and and it's hard to control those nerves when when when you also haven't like I said, you haven't practiced, you haven't really you know, knuckled down on how to handle them. So for me, I often find when I actually don't overthink this game is when I actually play my best. So even when I feel them, I most often don't even hate a practice shot because I think I want to replicate that and then I don't quite do it. So especially on the first team, I will literally peg it up, loosen myself and just smash. Depending what's saying. Hopefully, if I'm losing enough, it becomes a good one. You know that. But I also I also thrive on on making people say wow. So for me, when they people on the tea box, yeah, when I'm on the T box, I actually get excited more than nervous. I'm like, hey, to give up, Like I can actually hit a ball, so that kind of settles the nerves. I get a little bit cotty. And if I hit a bad run. I mean it's not all the time that, but I actually feel off that nervous energy and and and I know if I don't do too much, don't overthink it, and if everything is a line that really plays the ball exactly where it should be. My swing is so repetitive, like there's nothing that changes in my swing for for years now, so I know if I just pick it up and then swing the club, if I'm loosing up, I know it's going to be good. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I like your confidence.
Speaker 3: I wish I was like you because you see, the thing with me is that whenever I'm on the tea box, I actually like being lost because I want to see, Okay, what's happening, what's this guy going to do? And then if they're all good shots that I know I'm in the right place because I feel of that energy to say, okay, now now the rhythm is back.
Speaker 2: And then but I still do those two things.
Speaker 3: And like you said, if you, if you, if you do a practicing, you want to replicate it, and sometimes it doesn't work the way that you want.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I start beating myself.
Speaker 4: I know very well. So not for another The opposite is I hope I said like a good president so that they see. But more than anything, I hope it puts them under pressure to say, yeah, you said one. You know. But obviously if I if I push the drive like but I like to be the first one up, it just gets.
Speaker 2: Out all right.
Speaker 3: Now, Now let's talk about the rest of the game, like the entire cost management.
Speaker 2: Right, Uh what what?
Speaker 3: What is your ideal approach or what do you think is an ideal approach overall? When getting into into the game itself to say, okay, this is a round of golf, I'm gonna play an eighteen. Do you go aggressive from the get go? Or would it depends on, like you said, what's at stake? Or do you just play the same type of game over and over again with the mindset of saying, this is the way I play, and I'm not going to put a lot of pressure on myself just to try to achieve something better than what I'm used to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it also depends on the game like if it's a social round, and I probably don't. I think I play a lot on my golf because I'm a member. Johannes Burger played there, So like there's there's holes where I know, for instance, that you can get around without hitting a driver, Like the first hole is a is a short is part five, So if you hit a good driver, you can get then too. But if you actually off with a foe im and you hit a layup of the eight, You're going to have like a sandwich in and the number of times and I'm like, when I get to the course today, that's what I'm gonna do. Just hit a four I and then I'll think like River, like I actually now forget the let me pull out the driver. So even my own player for the Boe part God, and there's a lot of holes there where I know, like you do not necessarily have to hit driver. But also what what what then? I think about sometimes when I get in the box, I'm like, okay, I did think about how I'm gonna actually play this whole, but let me actually see what is my shape for today with the driver? Now if I push a driver, I don't mind because I can play for that and just aim a little bit left. But if I start to hit the snap hook, then I know I'm gonna leave the driver and I'm hit through it all day. So even though sometimes I think I'm not gonna start off with the driver, it kind of tells me what sort of shots tape I'm gonna be playing for the day. And if I do that for two drives in a row and it's not what I want, I often just put it back because if you just force it the entire time, by the time you wake up, it's hard if you can't find the failways because now you're literally bringing the bogies and the double into play. So the one thing I've learned, like like following and playing with a lot of pros, is that try to limit the damage as much as possible. So if you think and there really isn't a gap, sometimes there's nothing wrong with punching the ball out sideways. You might hit a brilliant third shot, get yourself closed and walk from the park. At worst you come up with a bull no clary. The ball comes back now staring unnecessarily, you know. So sometimes I think as amateurs we need to learn and to to kind of take the medicine a lot more than we do.
Speaker 2: But tell me, since you mentioned.
Speaker 3: Arter, do you regularly have this what if moments to say, if I had if I had done this, if I hit this club.
Speaker 2: Do you regularly have those or is it just in a long while that it happens.
Speaker 4: Nah, I think every golfer does. I think, like, especially if you play Coastal Gold of because for us, like it's completely different like playing up here things. So there you kind of question yourself a lot because you might under club, you might overclub, and then you think about it actually just hit this iron or that other iron. But generally like and it's also like, because I'm friends with a lot of professional caddies, you start to think about just safety on a golf course. So you don't necessarily necessarily have to go for every pin. You don't necessarily have to be like to attack everything. If you can tell who this pain has been tagged front right, and there's definitely like a penalty area on the right. Hold on, let me see there's a banker that if you go in you're gonna shortside yourself. There's nothing wrong with going for the middle of the green. You might think a long one or you took part for a past So that's if there's one thing that's changed over the last few years for me, it's there to say like miss on the right out side, you know what I mean. So even if if if the pen is at the back, or even if it's front right like, I will now think what is the number I need to cover all the problems? So if there's water, if I have to go over water, what is the club that will make it safely over there? And then I'm as that will be there, that will be the base. But if now the pin is way at the back, that means I must just take an extra you know. So having safety first is kind of what I've kind of tried to do over the last couple of years. So try to just take all the danger out of play. Then then it makes the game. I mean, it's not an easy game, but it just helps you out to put bit more.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's that's one hundred.
Speaker 3: You know, I hate you saying something about a path five and no, you know, I didn't want to ask this question, but it seems like you don't just hit that ball, you you destroy it. So you you mentioned a four time and an eight times to lay up yeah.
Speaker 2: On a part five? So how long do you your four eye?
Speaker 4: No? No? And and this is the thing right, So so I'm not a long driver by any stretch of the imagination. I think I play with some corlas like some of my friends hit a stupid ball. But I know if if if I if I hit my full iron properly, I can hit it two hundred meters, you know. And if I hit it properly, I go dads too. So I find the target and I hate that point. If I catch it properly, it will go two hundred. So if you, if I think about I think that it could be like four fifty four sixty. So if I've covered that initial two hundred, I've got to sixty to go. And then if I play, I want sixty shot that hit myself I had so I haven't touched the driver, but I've still got myself on the green in regulation, you know. And and so sometimes that's what we think a shpid drive and I need to hit it like to eighty three hundred where if you get yourself in play, and the one for me, like my my favorite club in my bag is my hybrid three and I can. I can literally control the distance anywhere from say two hundred to twenty maybe if I really squeeze it like to twenty five to THI but I know I can constantly hit it too twenty. So if I'm in play and then I and it's a shortish per five and I can all I need to cover is like two hundred or two twins, then I can pull out the hybrid. But and I say all these things in the heat at the moment, sometimes I just pull out driver and then just mess it up anyway. But ideally, I know that you can set up for im, I can at least get to two hundred metres, which is on most holes, you're kind of like halfway there. It just doesn't help you that much if it's a power four because if it's if it's it's founder two hours, so it's for twenty and halve left myself for two twenty short coming in the likelihood that our I will squeeze that hybrid perfectly, it's probably five out of ten times. So if I can leave myself anywhere between my mid irons to my wages, that's that's gold. But but yeah, and you get in the ideal situation, that's what I should do. But for the for the most part, sometimes I.
Speaker 3: Drive.
Speaker 4: But but yeah, so I don't hear it long, but I can hit my dreds.
Speaker 2: It's just like that that sound that.
Speaker 4: Goes as sat. No, it's a game, you know when the boat drike is so pure. I after all the year.
Speaker 3: Now now I want to ask you something. And you excuse me for asking this, because you sound like someone who understands exactly what club they hit toward distance and how you manage them. Would you mind taking us through your golf back to say, okay, these are the clubs I regularly have in my golf back and then yes, so should be there. These are the ones that not I think can ever stop me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure. So I've got in my bag, and so I've got a full titles bag. So I've got a GT three driver eleven degree left and like, I'm not alone driver, so I can hit it like two fifty two sixty, you know, and comfortably so like and then like and then a school. Then then I've got a threw in the bag as well. Three would and at times if I really catch it, I can hit the three as long as my drive but generally I can hit it like two forty and then I'm comfortable. My hybrid, like I said, is my favorite club in my bag because I know, like I like, I hardly hardly missed, like unless if I hit it badly, it means I just didn't commit to the swim. And that's that's usually what happens matter. If I commit to it, like nine out of ten times, it's going to come out pure. So the hybrid three is a ts R. I should be probably fitting into a titleist GT hybrid sometimes soon when we get some time. And then in my irons, I've got from pitching wage to a four iron. I've got T one fifty titlest irons. Yeah, so so I mean my my wages are vokey wages. So I've got a sixty degree I've got a fifty four degree and forty eight degree game wage as well. And Scotty Cameron seven point five patterns. So my pattern thirty four inches, I just carried from thirty five to thirty four. That yeah, when it's on soong, I box every day, like I just like the light angle on it and it's and it's me hey, patters me. It's a shelter about. So the one thing, even though practice a lot, the one thing when we go on to what I now try to do is at least take my wages and my pattern. So just from around the green, if you can save your shots with your short game, that's where that's where I think, that's where the money maker really is. Like, I'm not going to pure my eyes all the time, so I might find myself somewhere just around the green. So what I'll do, like when we do have a gap in between tournaments, maybe for like ten minutes, I'll just go chip chip And also now going with like the fortunate thing about working with like on tour is that you might find a pro operate design and then they see you doing something they be like, why don't you try this? And then you try it and then it works. I played a practice around behindred brainers go oh by, and and he literally made me change one small thing, and now like my chipping is like so good. I'm happy with where it's at because I know now my distance control around the greens. I can either log it up or I can pitch and run it. And that just comes with pure practice. And then I can go back to like I can plays like if you can practice definitely makes you better. So because I can't spend a lot of time doing it. When I find the gap, I gotta focus on the short game. So so the patting stroke new skill can help me out that the padding stroke, like if I do the basics that he showed me and I've read it correctly and can figure out the pace of the greens, like I make the pads and generally that's my entire pay pretty.
Speaker 3: Much, no fantastic h Like you said, uh you you you you ran ran into your pro and then he just gave you a small tip. But I just want to find out for someone who spends a lot of time on how imperative eat is it to practice? How often do you practice? And is it just the physical kind of practice or is there like mental coaching and all those things.
Speaker 4: Look, I mean for for us as amateurs, unless I don't know you really taking the game seriously, like you'll hardly ever see us going to see a mentor coach. But let's let's talk from a professional place point of view. I think these days you're finding the big guys on on say the Love Tour, PGA Tour TP to have an entire team around them. So they'll have a guy who's the physical trainer, they actually my sues with them, and they'll have the golf coach in the team, will have a mental coach in the team, they really big boys, will have someone who tasts care of nutrition as well. And so when they really say these days, for I travel with my team, that it's generally those people that are with them. And it makes sense because you think about it from a physical standpoint. I think you know, ever since guys like VJ. Seing and and Tager would showed people like you can actually train and become strong to play the game. The generation they are now compared to the older guys, you find them a lot in the gym, and there's golf specific training, which is why these days you're finding a lot of guys, even personal trainers who are just specifically golf trainers, so they will help you work the necessary muscles for your sings. So fellow look up an Alemo took a Blendet Fitness said the cheap you one way, and it's messing up what you're saying. You know, don't just go there somebody bench present thing. I'm going to hear it, treat it, and and so those guys literally have their entire team sort of looking after. As an amateur, I think if you really want to get good, you have to practice, like if you want to take yourself from a double digit handicap to a single handicap, and the years playing rounds of golf is going to I mean, I've been in schools well for the last five years. He's been an eighteen and a nineteen handicap over five years. Joe, you play golf every single week, Like, at what point to a personally, whay when do you personally want to get better? And sometimes it's not bad to actually go and invest in seeing a PGA professional who can help you out. And the pg of South has got some great coaches like across across a lot of golf courses. You know, if we are going and maybe get a package, get just six lessons because also the other problem with us is that when you're playing and you're you're you're actually practicing bad habits all the time. That's why you're not going to get better because whatever you're doing is obviously not the right thing for you to lower your score. So if you can get a second pair of eyes that the person can be like no man, and especially if you can find someone who's not completely going to overhaul your sting madam, going is at the top of your sing, your hands maybe are out of position or when you striking the ball, you you know what I mean, one time at least work on this one thing that will help you out so that if you can go see a PGA pro can help you out with that. And then yeah, spend time. I mean, it depends also on on your flexibility. But if you can't spend at least an hour in a week you practicing and don't just hit balls, go bagging range because you can shopping Packett to Shanka Fader. But if you have found if somebody and can like work on this, so when I do have time to go to a range, I can say bag I might be like, I've actually been struggling with my driver, so I'll just take maybe a wedge, a seven nine and my drive. So I'm gonna take the wedge and a seven nine to warm up and then the rest of the day I'll just hit the drive until I find what I'm looking for. So instead of just running through the entire bag with like aimlessly hitting balls, that's not really gonna help you, but as amateurs, for us to get better, you absolutely have to practice. Also, Like I've got a friend who's he's really improved, like literally gone maybe from like a twenty five twenty four handicaper to like a twelve you know, back to this day he struggles to get out of a bank. Put him in a greenside bank, and I se all it will take for you is literally go see someone get the technique, and then literally spend spend, spend your time at the range, just take your your love wage and just go hit banker shots for an hour. You know, true matter if you don't practice it and the problem gets to a point and he will approach a greenated in the banker. Now what's you know what I mean? Because now you're not even thinking get to the pain. You're thinking, don't go in the banker. Now you're already negatively thinking before you even hit the ball. But if you actually spend the time to go and and practice those banker shots, so even if you don't quite strike the ball as well as you would have hoped to end up in a banker, you're not fearing because you know, you've practiced it and so you can go and execute. So I think for amateurs it's important for us to find someone that can look at you, try to fix you. I mean they're never going to overhould your entire game, but try to actually help you for you to get better. And then the better you play, the more you actually enjoy the game.
Speaker 3: To be one, because I mean, who wants to have constant bedds on the gold course?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Hmm, now one hundred percent og.
Speaker 3: Can we go for a two minute break, Let's get let's get some refreshments, and then we come back. We still got to drill into a lot of things, submitting to God because golf is your life and golf is both pous andees. So let's go for the two b break and then we come back. Let's go deep.
Speaker 5: Apapa Invisible Ink Consulting your gateway to financial success. We specialize in providing the best solutions to manage your finance and accounting, ensuring a better life for you and your business.
Speaker 4: Our expert team offers.
Speaker 5: Top notch accounting and tax consulting services tailored to various industries, including but not limited to engineering, medical practitioners, in construction, nonprofits, vets, management, attorneys, and financial.
Speaker 4: Services experience the power of our best analytics. By a commitment to our clients.
Speaker 5: In a high level of knowledge and Invisible Ink Consulting, we strive to deliver the best service you can get, making your financial journey seamless and rewarding. Choose Invisible Ink Consulting for a brighter financial future your success out priority.
Speaker 4: Please visit us at www dot.
Speaker 5: Invisiblelink, dot co dot sea to reach us www dot invisiblelink, dot co DOTZA.
Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airwaves, where Bertie's and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and T's your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its poseline. Get ready to step onto the last greens and dive into the world of divids, drives and delay. I feel better.
Speaker 3: All right, ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for staying tuned in. As you know, this is Bols and Teas the only relevant podcast they is to listen to. When it comes to God related metal, listen, I don't care if it's it's professional, if it's amateur, if it's beginner, if it's people who've never even heard of gold. This is where everything happens. And I can tell you we are going places. We are joined by legends. And today I don't like people calling I don't like calling people legends. But is a star, guys, this man, and he has given us insight in his world. And a big, big, big thank you to him because people who've been playing golf for so long, but hey, things are not happening. I got tips today to say, do something about it. Because it's not just about hitting the ball or playing around the patting green.
Speaker 2: There's I've got strong points, guys. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 3: There's places where I know I execute, especially on the green.
Speaker 2: But cetain things. I got got that comment mister, if I used.
Speaker 4: To need it, no, And and that's the thing like and you must maximize on the strong points matter. You also know if I if I know, I'm a good partner, but let me give myself the best opportunity to them make those parts in the tally p not that, so then fix the rest of the other stuff and then you know they're good. That good party so save sometimes point.
Speaker 3: Mmhmm, no hundred per Now you you you you You've given us a few tips. You've let us know how how your golf back looks like. But I want to ask more in depth questions. Right, So, obviously when one plays golf, it's either you're playing with your friends or you're playing in a competitive setting where there's a price. Now, your approach to golf overall, if we look at the risk and what which one do you usually go for? Do you go for taking those risks? Like you said, you don't want to hit a three instead of punching the ball out, and sometimes you are actually putting a position where you just want to pull out your driver although you plan for a four. Im So I'm kind of complicted to say which side are you falling for? Are you going for the risk or are you just going for the what? I'm playing it safe all the time.
Speaker 4: And I guess it depends on the setting. So if if we're playing in a program and we're kind of challenge, I'll probably take less risks because then I can kind of knock it around to say spot. But also sometimes playing too safe can also be detrimental. You know, if it's and it also I guess it depends on the type of day you're having. I mean, if if I am two under three and after five six holes, the conference is up, so I'm probably going to take more risks than if I'm three four over after six holes, you know, And because now it means like I can like I'm thinking, the swing feels groovy, so I know all I have to do is get the number point where I want the ball to go, and I'm hitting it there. So if I know, and and it also depends. So for instance, I am a good fade out of the ball, but I struggle doing I mean, I'm afraid, I'm a good fraid of the ball, but I struggle hitting a So if I'm playing a dog leg left and I've got a good number that then I know if I can execute a draw and I will be probably close to the pain to give myself a good look at a bertie. I'm not going to take that risk because I know I don't confidently pull off a draw. But if I'm on the opposite side it's a dog leg right and I've got a little branch in front of me, and I know, just take an extra club open it up, hit the fade. Nine out of ten times I know how to execute a faith So there I will definitely take the risk as compared to me having to draw the ball into maybe a back left pin. So it really depends on the situation and and and what you're playing for. So if it's as if it's if it's a money game and there's something on the line, and maybe more likely to take less risks. But if even if it's a money game and I'm really you know, I can pull off the shot now, then definitely the high risk, that is what I'll go for.
Speaker 3: Mhm, No, one hundred. You know, I've been asking so many questions about your game. I'm sure your competitors who are listening or people that you actually play with now they take in those to say, this is how we uh get the.
Speaker 2: More this game.
Speaker 3: This is how we actually uh encourage him to play better. So let's not share too many secrets. Does yeah, no, what no, guys, you know what in the deepp that's where everything goes downhill, So let's let's not let's not go.
Speaker 4: Into exactly.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Now with that being.
Speaker 3: For those who don't know, there's the ol g Molifa Foundation, Right, yeah, So I don't know if if you'd mind sharing with our audience what O Glifa Foundation is about and what exactly you guys are do there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, no problem. So, I mean I've been covering sport now for twenty one years as a journalist and over the time I've covered a lot of golf tournaments and especially the big ones that come here, and generally you would find, and you know, just before a tournament and a code sentioned one they have like a clinic the cities on Carci and and it would then be termed as golf development, you know. And then the next year comes and then the same thing is done and they'll be like our tournament X is helping to grow the game with the clinic. And then you ask yourself, okay, hab a nababata from the clinic, what happens for the next year that is actually aiding the development and some for the most part, you find nothing really happens after that, you know, and to be maybe the same case or different group of kids that come back the following year. But you keep asking the questions, Okay, what are we really doing, like in terms of developing and growing the game. And don't get me wrong, there's a lot of there's a lot of good being done by like Golf psay, but there's a Golf Development Board and like and a bunch of us in little pockets that are just trying to grow the game. But I guess I got tired of sort of asking the questions what are these people doing? And then I kind of thought, but what am I doing to help? You know, my profession has kind of put me in places where I know a lot of people in the golf industry and and I could use sort of my influence to try and help grow the game in some way. So there's a friend of mine, Aaron Russell, used to work for Tailor Made back in the day. So him and I one day were just sitting having a conversation and I'm like, Aaron, you know, I'm actually I want to help out to grow the game, but I don't know how. Then he's like, hey, you know, like a Tailor Made, we've got like a lot of stock that we don't sell, and we sometimes I just don't know what to do with the stuff. So maybe let's why don't you start something and we'll help you and we'll give you stuff. And then and literally the day after that, I get a call from Nilo Rnello's from Mirror Lens, you know, and he said to me, Angia, there's a group of guys go Mirror Lanz goes on Through's who've asked me to help them out. Couple or they've got this field. But when I was there, you know, they've got golf as well, but they literally have nothing. You know, can you have out? Yeah, so you're going and oh what not? You know, like this is so God sent because literally just not buying it. I was talking to someone about this thing. So for me that kind of said, okay, I this thing is real. I think starts something. And that's essentially how the old Malifa Foundation was birth. Then we started helping Bisa Coma Lenza and his kids there, so getting equipment, helping them, you know, with a bit of coaching would sometimes take some of the sunshine. Told professionals to go give lessons there, and but also to run these programs kind of needs money, you know, and and and so we started. Then we with like any fund raised at the time. It's just like in twenty eighteen we did a golf day what it would say, we need to raise a bit of money and and sort of help them leave their kids, because then we could buy them a bit of clothes, we could help pay for their green fees, target membership for the kids and and stuff like that. Then we we I think in twenty nineteen you raised quite a bit of money. We were able to build them a library because at the time we were also thinking, even though we're teaching them golf, but like, like you'd know, like the chances of a kid turning pro are like so small, so let's not give the kids like false hope, but let's also try and aid them, maybe even with a better education. So we reached out to the Housing Department of Education. They have to start with some treatas. So over the weekend the extra lesson Indiana and COVID hit so one. When COVID hit, like a lot of our staff just went p shape. Like the one good thing was that at least the kids had a space where they could go and still do some sort of work and the online classes, you know, so that that space sort of help. But the golf kind of went down a little bit. But you continue to do the of the Indiana and there is manning. Over the years, we've had sponsors that have come on board to help us out, and now we've also branched out to sort of find kids who are who were very talented, especially those at the junior level. So say, give or take kids between fourteen to like eighteen years old who can actually play that we don't necessarily need to first teach them out of play, but they just don't have the resources to compete in golfer say events across the country, because now there's cost the coming to play, so traveling flights, a rental car and they get there, or uber to pay for caddy, to pay for communt fees to get food and all of that. So now we're helping a few amateurs with that and we're seeing a bit of success because what that does is alleviates the problems of them having to worry about those things and all they must worry about is sort of just just playing golf. And we're just trying to grow the game in that way to try and help those kids who are talented and get to you a point where they can compete and then equal footing with with privileged kids. So now what we'll do as well we're working with THEO, who's a mental coach. I told you about the pros having teams, so we're kind of building a team of our own, even though we don't make the kids change. So if you come go aim and also again coachure and we'll be like, that's fine if you're happy they stay there. If you need us to supplement in terms of paying him for the services or her for the services, will do that. We'll offer you the services that THEO to say. THEO works with a lot of deep to a players and chant tour player, so from a golf mental perspective, he's ready crewed up, so you can work with him if you need. We're probably just working now on on on a possible deal the Planet Fitness where if they do then need access to a gym, once we found them a trainer, they can give them a program. We're working on a deal with play Fitness where they can then get there and train for free type of thing. So we're trying to put those things into place just to help the kids on their journey to become improved, but also not to you know, because it's really tough. I mean, I see I see kids who can sort of play quickly turn pro and they get to the pro level and they realize, hey, it's a different kettle of fish. Yeah, and they struggle and just like, hey, yeah, it's tough. So you want to get them prepared and ready for a tour life for it like it can be as easy as possible. But if if we get those who think, hey, maybe I do need school and then may go study a PGA qualification while I still play and see where I end up, and we may may be able to help them in So the foundation has changed a lot over the past seven years. But but essentially, like in a nutshell, we just we just want to continue to grow the game, and especially for for like black kids, you know, the kids g gassiyeh kids even not even those that don't necessarily left Gucassi, but they just don't have the equal opportunities that the account apout.
Speaker 3: You know, OG, I have to say something as you're speaking, I don't know what I'm feeling, but whatever it is i'm feeling, I think it's just to say thank you for what you're doing. And I believe our audience has shares the same sentiments. But one question I want to ask you when do you sleepy?
Speaker 4: But hey, that's a tough one, man, you know, And and that's the let's a hard part is that already it's a hard one because already, like on tour, we I mean for now, let me say for like for now, For instance, I've been on a stretch of six straight weeks. This week our tournament got canceled because it got drained out. So it means I've got a couple of extra days at least to see my own kids, you know, take them to school for a change, and and just be home, which has really been great. But it's hard to find time to see because I'll go to work, get span and gets spined because I still have to provide for my kids. So I've got a job that I need to do, you know, And then you get up the job and then you find hey, I've got emails now to deal with the foundation because now there's kids that need to go somewhere, There's that we need to pay for, there's there's proposals that we need to submit, and there's gold days to plan. And now two years ago we started doing one in k Town and it's kind of growing. And then people are like, why don't you come to one in Devin. So this year we go in to Dewin as well. But that just adds to the load of the work that then I have to do. So I you know, I think there's a point where hey man, you know there's a point Last year I think I was I was just like depleted. My energy was just down, like and I said to someone on my page, Joe, you know what, I think, I'm ready to stop like this foundation stuff because I just don't have the time. I don't have the energy. And I was I was ready to throw the like literally throwing the towel. But I woke up the next days same thing, Like if I don't do it, like, who's going to do it? You know, And there's so much work that needs to be done. I'm hoping one day or someone got a pleasure. Can you gain enough of that I can build a team where I don't necessarily have to be too hands on for stuff to happen. But until we get to that point, yeah, we very slip chain. It's it's not existent for the most part.
Speaker 3: But speaking of blessing, I don't know how can people actually reach out to the OG Foundation.
Speaker 4: The easiest way is possibly social media as you can drop us an email og at foundation dot org. It's it's probably the easiest way to reach out to us. And and and when you give me that platform, let me say sometimes it's great people want to help. I'd like to help. Okay, guy, And then like they're like anything when you say that, like you're not really how you know? But Tony, if you come to me prior, I run a marketing agency, can I do your marketing for your thing? I can then say, now we've got a starting point bubble or hey, Brian Spanning span got CSI, we've got a CSI padget so can can I help you outgo get that? Thenble? But I can I help? Like I don't know where to place you. I don't know what to do with you. I appreciate about the TUCA, you know, but what is it that you can really offer and help us out there? So if you do have something at for agroe me not for instance like texts. There's a guy now who helps us, you know, Desmond and Mary and help us out with our texas and our books to make sure we are compliant and and and give you look things that he's in. But those guys take care of that stuff and it's great. Now that's one less headache for me to think about double for instance trevel and tourism. And then like a Joe, I mean this sector, this is what I can help you then will be like oh man, that will be doped. Then you can take care of that for us. So we're always looking for help and financial help obviously like plugging the gaps, especially where we then sometimes that to pay for getting shoes, getting a pal, getting balls, Like we're fortunately sometimes people that go type listed and help us out here. And then but essentially, like I said, like we need we need to help matter if it's if it's focused, then you know what you want to help us out with that would be that would actually help us more than just fall out. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know it's so lovely chating to you. I wish we had more time, but we have unfortunately reached the end of our session. But I believe in future we will be checking more because there's a lot more that I believe everyone out there can actually take from what you're saying, and there's more people who are belief can actually help you improve what you're trying to build, especially when it comes to the og Molay Foundation to help build society. So with that being said, O G, I'm setly going to say that we need to wrap up and show and leave you. You know, my smile just went down when I noticed the time, and I don't like it, but I just want.
Speaker 2: To say.
Speaker 3: A huge thank you for sharing everything that you've shared today and for actually expressing yourself in a way that people can actually understand. When you say this is what I do, people don't have to ask questions elsewhere, they will and they will put themselves in your shoes to say og is not just a golfer. He's a family man. He you know, I don't even want to say a family man. He's a father to the nation if I could, because of what you are actually doing in society as a whole. So a big, big thank you to you for that. And I hope our audience is listening. I hope someone out there has paid attention and someone will reach out and say to you, Ogi, this is what I do. I would like to help you, and I would like us to build your vision and put it into.
Speaker 4: Life to return to you and everyone couples and tease. I really want to appreciate the platform and and I really love what you guys are doing. I think like GoF is so great man. It's offered me like so many wonderful opportunities and I always love to see people growing in the sports in different in different spheres and and and platforms. You know, whether I can podcast day, whether it's a guy like songs coaching kids, and whether it's it's it's the guys that are actually playing and make it on twolve media side. For us to continue to cloth this game like needs all of us to come together, but I got all unfortunately for now covering a lot of time flies when you having funds, so it was dope. I'm definitely keen to link up some other time because hey, call for that looks like another whole day to be honest. So thanks, thanks for the opportunity, and I really appreciate it and little and like I wish you guys a lot of success. Compos and.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, sir, and you must have yourself a blessed evening. Thank you to your loved ones for affording us this time to have a chat with you and all the best with everything that you do. I am looking forward to seeing bigger and greater things from you, sir, and I want to be a part of that evolution as well.
Speaker 4: You received. Thank you, my brother, thank you.
Speaker 2: You must have a great night, sir. Cheers all right, ladies and gentlemen. So there you have it.
Speaker 3: That was the one and only Og Molly fair and listen, guys, I always preach one thing.
Speaker 2: Golfers have beautiful hearts. Golfers are loving.
Speaker 3: If you walk into a golf course and you'll find angry faces, then you probably walked into the wrong place. But I can reaction show you ninety nine percent of the time, whenever you walk into a golf course, you will see a smile on the people's faces, regardless of what kind of around that they had. And you can hear it from Og when he speaks so much enthusiasm. The man is passionate about the sport. The man wants to make sure that our own African brothers and sisters exposed to the spot and they learn all the lessons that he himself has leant through the spot and over and above that, like you said, he wants to make sure that they get the right education.
Speaker 2: So, ladies and gentlemen, whoever is listening out.
Speaker 3: There, Please please please reach out to OG Molly Fair if you have something that you.
Speaker 2: Can help with.
Speaker 3: If you don't know how to contact him, you can always con Bos and Ties will definitely connect you with Mestami Effet.
Speaker 2: But for the most I want to say a huge thing.
Speaker 3: I can't even stop saying thank you to Og because what he explained about the foundation is phenomenal. It's incredible, and uh, we need more and more and more people who can actually do what it does. And yep, with that being said, ladies and gentlemen, don't quote me on this, but the weekend has officially started. Those who are going to work tomorrow, please go there wholeheartedly do what you have to do. But if you're waking on Friday, then you need to make contact with twenty two because Friday is part of the weekend and I will never ever compromise that one. I will help you restructure everything to make sure that on Fridays you are out on the golf course doing what you love with your loved ones. With that being said, ladies and gentlemen, the Magician is signing out. I will see you next week. I love you guys, and all the best.
Speaker 4: To me Chi shan
Speaker 3: Mm hmm