Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI A six on demand. Okay.
Speaker 2: You look around, whether you're in the car, whether you're out and about during the day, whatever it is that you're doing at work, it seems there is an intense amount of anger out there. It's not just with others. You're dealing with it as well. You battle with this all the time. Anger is something that permeates every part of your life in one form or another. And in Scripture there's two Greek words and in the New Testament that are used as the English word anger. One focuses on a means passion and energy, and the other means agitated and boiling. And what I don't want you to walk away with today is that all anger is bad.
Speaker 1: It's not. Obviously.
Speaker 2: When you have passion and energy and it provokes you and promotes and instigates you to want to do something good, then that's positive. But if you sit and you become agitated, and you sit there boiling with the anger, it's of no glory to God. It produces nothing, and it's something that continues to sit and fester. It's easy when you deal with people when you're in that mental.
Speaker 1: State where everything you've got.
Speaker 2: Is important, and everything everyone else has to do or is a part of, is not important. That's selfish is what breeds a lot of the negative or unpositive or sinful anger, because that kind of pride and attitude, that selfishness that says, well, I'm more important, I have things to do. This person's in my way. That's what happens on the road. The reason why you have a road rage is because in your head, you're more important than the people around you, and so if someone cuts you off, the first thought is, well, don't they know who I am? I've got places to be, I've got things to do, or they think they're more important than me. It seems silly but true. I mean, how many times have you been on the road and you feel someone to the.
Speaker 1: Side of you.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're on the highways the byways and there's someone coming up next to you and they're going a little faster. You don't want them to pass you, and you speed up for no real reason except some sort of false competitiveness. But it's not just on the road, it's in every part of your life. There are things that trigger your anger, that frustrates you and that aren't productive. They just agitate. They just make you.
Speaker 1: Get in a mindset.
Speaker 2: Where you don't want to deal with anybody except out of anger when you're someone asks you a question. And I see this of people that are in a business where they're called to answer questions, whether they work at a grocery store, whether they work at a hardware store, whatever it might be, and they're there to answer questions, and still when you ask a question, they respond negatively, and then it's just pills on, piles on, and continues to spin out of control as everyone gets angry. Proverbs fifteen to one says a gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. That there's ways to respond to people even if you're not happy about the question, even if you think it's a stupid question, there's still ways to answer to not accelerate or make things worse, because you play a part in other people's anger as well. And if you stir that up and their anger becomes that which is classified as sin, then you play a part of that as well. And you don't want to get caught up in those types of personal prideful arguments two Timothy two, twenty three and twenty four. Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the lord's servant must not quarrel. Instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. What a pattern to follow there, don't stir up an argument for the sake of stirring up an argument. You may even do this in my name, sometimes supposedly for my sake. You may stir up an argument thinking that you're helping, when actually you're hurting it. It doesn't mean that there isn't a legitimate place for an argument or a discussion, even one that's filled with passion. But be careful the words you use and how you participate in a discussion that you're moving it forward, not escalating it hotter, bringing it to a boil, because you don't want to get caught up in a quarrel for the sake of a quarrel. You do want to be kind to everyone. Find it interesting that if you read this, it says be kind to everyone comma able to teach, comma not resentful. So by being kind to people you're able to teach, you're in that you have that ability to pass along information. If you're in a state where you're just in anger, then you're pushing against everything you don't want to receive. You're not in the state of receiving. You just want people to feel your wrath. You don't hear a thing they're saying. Your compassion is gone, and it's just that agitated, boiling anger. Now that the God given anger, this righteous indignation, is productive. It's there to help you deal with the things at hand, problem solving, troubleshooting something. It propels you, it pushes you, It excites you with passion and energy, but doesn't make you sit and fester. And there's examples throughout Scripture of people confronting one another that are upset, that are filled with this energy and this passion, but not that ugly, agitated, festering, boiling anger. Not all anger is a sin. It's when it gets to that place that it becomes rage. It gets to that place where there's nothing propelling you forward, learning, teaching, experiencing. It's just about venting full throttle anger, rage, not listening, and that has no place in the kingdom. That serves no purpose and helps no one, you included. And when you get in that state of anger, you get blind to truth and it's just about you. Check that next time, next time you're angry. See how it's so much about you and no one else. How it's all about how you feel and what you're going through, or what you need or what you want it or whatever it is, And yet you push aside everyone else around you. Anger seems to be a lot of anger. And it's not that all anger is bad or that all anger is sin. As you know, sin means to miss the mark, and there is anger that misses the mark. There's anger that is caught up in just being angry, just being annoyed, just being agitated, rather than something that propels you, that moves you forward, that makes you want to solve problems. And the key to anger is you will notice that anger really becomes sin when it's focused just on you, When it's selfish in nature and the purpose, the goal is completely shifted and no longer in focus, and it's just about the anger. So if you think of it this way, that your anger should attack a problem, not a person. If your anger attacks a problem, not a person, then it's then you're looking to solve something. Then you're looking to eradicate a problem, but not just attack a person. And in scripture, and this happens so much, we've this kind has come up on the show over and over again, that there are times where you don't go to a person and you feel that they've wronged you or something's happened.
Speaker 1: You don't go to them to talk to them.
Speaker 2: You don't confront them face to face, which is the biblical way. You look for, you know, some reason, just to smear their name or to be ugly. That doesn't it doesn't help. Galatians two eleven through fourteen deals with this very thing. When you're opposing someone, you oppose them to their face. If you feel someone's in the wrong, then you express that to them in a way that is helpful and propels you forward. But the anger that I see right now, the anger that maybe you're experiencing yourself, whether you be the recipient of it or you'd be the person sending it out, is that it's only focused on the individual. It's only about you and what you need to do. Don't they know I need to do X, Y and Z. Don't they know that I have to do this or that I'm this? And usually that type of anger stems from people in general not listening.
Speaker 1: If you're not.
Speaker 2: Attentive, if someone yells at you, in all likelihood, they don't feel they're being heard. They feel that something you're doing is hurting them or might hurt them, or is going to hurt them, and that makes them nervous or scared, and it manifests in screaming and anger. Some of the most angry people in life are the most meek, are the ones that are so fearful of someone hurting them that they get loud. And maybe you do this, You get loud in hopes of people either backing off or running away or not coming too close to hurt you anymore. That type of anger doesn't help. So to biblically deal with anger, you have to first focus and see and admit that your anger comes from a selfish place and learn to turn that around to where you are attacking that problem and not attacking a person. Aurora, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 3: Today is a very special day for my son. He's gonna take Body of Christ for the first time.
Speaker 1: Oh wonderful.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's extremely excited. He has been asking for it, and uh, I gotta tell you it's a special need kid.
Speaker 1: Okay, And how so he's autistic?
Speaker 3: He is, he actually has celebra policy and the brain damage. But contrail hold, the prediction is a very He's able to walk, and you know, it's very good in school. And he's a very happy child, extremely happy and very emotional. So we go to church every Sunday and during communion he is always always cry. You get emotional. I said, it is happy and uh so we talk with a priest. We got some preparation and today is a day and he has great expectition.
Speaker 1: Okay, how so what are his expectations?
Speaker 3: Well, and that's what I will try to understand. And you say that it's gonna take the body of Christ today and then it's going to feel better.
Speaker 2: Oh so he thinks that it's going to be there's going to be healing properties too.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm afraid that he has some expectation about that, you know, spiritual part of it. And then maybe it's me. I'm not understanding him correctly, but I'm afraid that he's suspecting something. And if so, I don't know what to say after you know, what to tell them because we talk every day about it and what I told him, I say, yes, you're going to be feeling good inside. You're gonna be feeling great inside. You're going to be feeling in all love and and you know, and I just you know, because it's working very hard on correctness. Is problem, is physical problem, and it's learning out with it. So many surgery and finally he's walking, you know, with his feet on the ground, no more on his toes and you know, so it's working very hard in order to walk to the altar, because you want to walk to the altar and I want to be on the wheelchair and he want to be, you know.
Speaker 2: So he sounds wonderful because his spirit has desired to me better good And that's a good way to see it as well as the gift of having a special needs child is first knowing that God trusts you enough to oversee and care for somebody, so special is a pretty amazing thing.
Speaker 1: Now, is he's seven or eight years old?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's actually ten, so he's longer.
Speaker 1: So he's he's older for the process.
Speaker 2: So he's he's going to be taking in some of this information a little differently as well as he's a little bit older.
Speaker 1: Was there a purpose for waiting.
Speaker 2: Was his special needs a part of that decision?
Speaker 3: Well, honest, to do, it was more me than himla. I was afraid that he was not going to understand.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, it's a tough thing to understand at at any age. I mean, there's there's a lot of adults, I would say most adults that don't understand truly what's going on. And even in the Church, you have differences between Catholics and Protestants.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, Catholics and Lutherans celebrate this particular ce ceremony and look at and and truly believe that Christ that I Am present truly in the Eucharist now, although they see things slightly differently in there, whereas Protestant a lot of other Protestant denominations believe that it's a practice to be adhered to because I said so that it was something to do.
Speaker 1: And memorial and in memory of and.
Speaker 2: So there's different views in this as it stands across the board, which makes it difficult for.
Speaker 1: Even adults to comprehend.
Speaker 2: I would say that managed expectations is a good term for you to know in this case, and that is it's not about being a wet blanket or showering any hopes with so much reality that they because the balance between understanding God and how God moves in this world and that the trials in life and as they happen is a difficult one for adults as well, let alone a child. So the balance here is to say, is to really make sure that he explains what's going on, and during the before the first communion, there's time with the priest. Correct, yeah, okay, and the priest has explained and he's gone to Catechism and all of those things to understand. So there's going to be some knowledge that comes prior to this, but also to be reinforced by you, the understanding that it's not magic. It's not about magic, and it's not about that it's like a it's not medicine like that.
Speaker 3: It's not going to fix it, no it.
Speaker 2: And it's not that that God doesn't have the power to fix things or to fix what we think is broken, because oftentimes God says it's not broken. You think it's broken because you want it to do X, Y and Z, and you know, honest.
Speaker 3: With you, it is probably maybe more my inspectition.
Speaker 1: That's that's interesting.
Speaker 2: So you say that that that you are putting the weight, the false expectation on this.
Speaker 3: Uh No, it's I've been, you know, waiting for the magic day. You know that one day you wake up and everything is gone, you know, and maybe maybe it's me.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what the magic day is. The magic day is understanding that this, that this is life, and that God is in uh perfection and imperfection by way of healing. Now it doesn't mean a full physical healing. That means spiritual healing for most. If you remember, Paul even had the thorn in the flesh what's referred to as a thorn in the flesh in scripture, and he asked three times to have it removed, and three times God said no. And yet Paul had to see the blessing in that understanding that those those privations or the lack of something that everyone else seemed to have really made Paul who he was. And that's part of the process. And so the managing of expectations for both you and I love that you're being honest, both you and your boy, is to understand what's going on. One the first and foremost the reason why you take communion is because I said, so in scripture. That's first and foremost, because God said it, it's in scripture.
Speaker 1: Therefore you do it. That the obedience is important.
Speaker 2: And secondly, to understand there is something very beautiful despite all the disagreement that goes on in the different denominations as to what's going on, and if it actually becomes the blood and the body and all of these things, those are inter body discussions. That the Body of Christ discusses those things and argues those things, and that's fine. But most importantly is that it was you're told to do it, and that it is in remembrance, and that it does have power. There is something quite beautiful and connective towards that moment. I was constantly breaking bread and connecting with people, and this is one of those moments that cannot be denied.
Speaker 1: And you don't know what will take place.
Speaker 2: Neither of you, regardless of expectations, know what will take place. But most importantly, what is guaranteed to take place is the fulfillment of a commitment towards God. And that is going to take place. So whether you know anything else is going to or not going to, that, the fulfillment of a commitment towards God.
Speaker 1: That's what's exciting that that he is.
Speaker 2: Stepping forward, he is wheeling forward, he is limping forward, doesn't matter. He is moving forward before God and man in his commitment towards God.
Speaker 3: You know, you look at his face and he laid up when you're going to church. If he has and had that's our priests say, you have thisess in him, and you know he feels that, and he has a totally different emotion, and you know, and he has his own reason and he has his own belief and maybe it's different. It's different for me as an adult than him. Uh, you know, with the way we expressed. But I know that I appreciate that, I appreciate about the Christ, and I get closer to you after I got my son. He's making me better and you know, and all this emotion that he's having, him having it with him, and it's an amazing feeling. It's amazing. It's I don't know, I don't know how to explain that. You know, somebody told me why you go to church every Sunday? That church doesn't do anything for me. And and the best way that I was able to express, I say, I feel like I'm home. I had this big warm huk again. You know, around me this, I feel like I'm home. That's my best feeling. And I believe markets feel the same way. I'm not sure, but they love that. And he's happy, and you know, and and now you know it's gonna have his body of Christ today and yesterday was telling me, Mommy, then I'm gonna have every Sunday and every Sunday I can have my body of Christ. You know, it's it's beautiful. And you know how many other people are so skeptical about that and how they are no understanding.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're skepticism in all things, Aurora, and the church has been a focus of that. I've been a focus of that for a long time. But I want you to really deeply enjoy today and take it in for all the ceremony and love and fun of it, as well as the deep spiritual meaning that goes along with it. And sharing that with your boy and experiencing that is going to be a very powerful thing. Keep in mind, keep in mind that that faith and understanding and a relationship with God. Is it not about being perfect in this world. It's about understanding and conquering imperfection with the understanding of who God is and that there is it's not only about this world, but about the world to come. But have the most blessed day, and I hope that you'll share with us. How today went on a future broadcast, Brian to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 1: My pleasure.
Speaker 4: I was discussing with a new friend. She is a Christian and I am a believer as well, and I was mentioning that the church that I'm going to is planning on starting a contemporary style worship service. And she said, do you have a piano in your church? And I said, well, sure, I said, we have a couple. We have one upstairs and we have one downstairs. And she said, uh, she says, we don't have any instruments in our church. I said, oh, that's kind of curious. Do you mind if I asked why? And she said.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 4: She said that the New Testament church or the New the New dispensation is that you know, no instruments in church. And I said, but there's lots of references where instruments were used to assist in praising God. When David brought the arc into the Temple of meeting and you know, oh.
Speaker 1: Sure, there's musicians and Bryan.
Speaker 2: There are times in scripture where priests and musicians are referenced, but only the musicians are referenced by name. There's there's great importance to music, make a joyful noise. There are many references to the importance of music and h and even dancing at times as well.
Speaker 4: Ultimately that it came down to the term dispensation. I don't know what that.
Speaker 2: Is, Okay, the term dispensation. Think of it this way, because there's this gets into different theological understandings of dispensationalism. But I want you to think of it this way for the sake of your call. I think this will be helpful. Think of it as time periods, management of time periods, and how God manages those time periods, those different dispensations. So think of it this way as and I prefer people to think of it this way anyways. But if you go through scripture, think of scripture in humanity as a child that's being born and being raised by God. Not just individual men and women, but think of all men and women, the planet as a whole, as a child being raised by God. So if you look at the beginning and the middle and the ending of scripture. You will see that God interacts with the world a little differently. And people say, you know, what, how come the God of the Old Testament seems so angry?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: And then you know, and how come the God of the New Testament seems so flowery? And they try putting these things together. Well, a dispensation is sectioning of scripture or time periods and the way God interacts interacted. So, for instance, if you look at the Old Testament, it does seem like God is angry all the time, but that's not true.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: What it is is, if you think of the world as a baby, you may interact with a child an infant differently. They're crying, they're needy. You might even pat the bottom of a child, but you wouldn't of an eighteen year old.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't make sense.
Speaker 2: So as they grow, you interact with your children differently. Correct, Okay, So dispensationalism, in a very loose sense is how God is interacting with humanity during different times and periods throughout history, not only scripturally but now currently. So, which is a wonderful way to look at scripture and to understand scripture. The problem comes when people use this as a way of defining God or defining Christianity or Salvation based on these time periods. Some people separate the scriptures and do about seven different dispensations or different times or periods where God is interacting with his creation. But what I want you to see is that none of those define God or Salvation or man correctly. You have to see them in their totality to understand what's going on. And sometimes people get lost in certain That's why you'll hear people say, oh, that's not for today, right, Oh, that's the Old Testament.
Speaker 1: That's not for that.
Speaker 2: No, that's ridiculous. God put it in there. It's there for today, and it's important. And that's like removing the grace out of the Old Testament or removing the law out of the New Testament. They both have a place and a purpose in both of those chapters of the Christian faith by way of Judaism. So you get lost if you say, well, it's not for today, which is essentially what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Now do they use microphones at all?
Speaker 4: Y Oh you know, I didn't. I've heard you say that on the show before. I did not ask that.
Speaker 2: I'm always humored by that that that uh that uh using that it's not an instrument or what happen. Usually when you get to that point, the church has some unhealthy, uh, some unhealthy parts to it. Now, I don't know this church, and I don't know how they're using this term, and it's coming to me secondhand. But I will tell you this, Brian, that if that's a that's a bad sign to me about the health of a particular church.
Speaker 1: K f I A M six forty on demand