Speaker 1: It's Night's Side with Dan Way.
Speaker 2: I'm WBZY Canton's new radio.
Speaker 1: I'm Morgan. Hello, my voice is a bit better. I on Friday doing night Side as I'm doing now had Bradley Jay on, and Bradley Jay was on because there was an event Saturday at the Paradise. He was a part of it, and he won the publicize that there was a whole celebration with legendary eighties musical performers in Boston at the Paradise. They had an auction, a silent auction, and you could have gotten your hands on some great memorabilia. I had already scheduled my next guest, but now I'm able to tie both events together my next guest or I'll mention this name shortly, and that event at the Paradise Saturday. And ironically, my next guest had called in last Monday or Tuesday and brought up the fact that it would be a great show to put a tip of the hat to all the people that played in Boston, which is why a couple of days later I called him to be on, and Cleil will accept any opportunity to have my microphone shared with him. He's been on a a number or number of times. And this goes back about ten twelve years, Morgan, can I be on with you just once? I want to be on with you just O Ncee wants to talk about music. And I said, all right, Cleo, have you on. That was eight nine, ten appearances ago, and here you are again. Welcome tonight's Cleo Campbell Logan.
Speaker 3: First of all, thanks for having me on. And like I always like to say, you always inspire me to do radio. And part of doing radio is the showmanship and you have that quality. And I do borrow from you when I'm on area once in a while.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you.
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: Is it borrow or is it theft? Okay? Perfect move perfect. Now I'm going to say something to you that you you may hate, You may shiver, you may tremble. This is an hour it would be It could be two.
Speaker 3: Even three.
Speaker 1: No, it would not be three. I will not be three because Barbara Feldon is scheduled for eleven o'clock. But the guest I had scheduled for eight o'clock wasn't where he was supposed to be. I had to move Joanne from ten to eight. And I've got you so I may keep you up to eleven. We'll see.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's no problem. We're talking first of all, Boston music. Hands down, I'm all in.
Speaker 1: And two hours isn't even enough to do the subject right. And it might be one, it might be two.
Speaker 3: Yes, You're absolutely right, and and I what I'm going to say is I'm a huge supporter of Boston music. I'm in my sixties. I've been seeing a lot of these bands for a number of years, and luckily I had a chance to interview this group called Lady Anamoya. They just changed their name to Avery Machel Music, who she is such a phenomenal singer. Some of the places to the Places. She just played with another group she does double Duty. She played with this group called Little Lies and she does the Christine mcv pot it's a tribute to Fleetwood Mac plus her own group, the Avery Machel Music. And she's actually releasing a new song this Friday, which is I'm really exciting. The name of the song is Away from Me. People, support your local app check out the song. Check out the song, go download it, listen, enjoy it, and some of the I watched some clips from a dad. He sends me clips of her performing with this group a little lies and he's such a great band. I just love I lovely with Mac. They're not a Boston band, but I do lovely with Mac.
Speaker 1: Is your dad listening to you tonight?
Speaker 3: No, he is.
Speaker 1: You didn't tell your dad that you were.
Speaker 3: On I did tell him. I did tell him, and he pretty much just was like, my dad, okay. For gospel. My dad does gospel show. And for gospel show. One of the groups I can honestly say from Boston that I know is the Bullet Brothers. I saw them as a kid. You know, Mike Bulk there, that's their family member, and I saw that, you know, they were they were a great gospel But I don't know if they're still toring or anything anymore. But I really enjoyed it as a kid, you know, growing up in the seventies. So you know, Dad, you know, I wish he would okay, and it's early enough, but I like I could rebroadcast the show and play it for him. I listened to my dad show. I listened to my Dad show. He plays a lot of great gospel music. He plays the earlier stuff of gospel music. He hangs out well, used to go to Skippy White, who you had on several times. Give me White. Skippy White had the best, not just gospel music, but he had a lot of R and B. He was he was Skippy.
Speaker 1: Just did a show this summer with all the legendary soul groups of the seventies stylistics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Let's go over some of the I'll say two or three. You say two or three legendary performers from the eighties that had Boston roots like uh Aeros Smith or New Edition or Peter Wolf turn.
Speaker 3: Jig was then mm hmm. Now for me, I would go a little bit deeper. I would go to Pixies, the Del Fuegos, Yes, and James Taylor. And I'm gonna bring up James Taylor, James Taylor football. Hear James Taylor live Chef like the record? Have you do you listen to James Taylor.
Speaker 1: I have't listened to James Taylor since before I ever heard of you.
Speaker 3: Well, he's the I call him the founder of singer songwriters. I mean he signed with Apple Records. He signed with the Beatles. That's how much of a great oddist he is. And the Beatles, you know, sold off Apple Records and closed it down. And then he became James Taylor and he was married to Colie Simon and they had Brocking Bird. I used to like that song now his brother Livingston. Have you ever seen Livingston perform?
Speaker 1: Yes, I have. Remember I've got you beat by about a decade.
Speaker 3: Yes, you do. So.
Speaker 1: When you were still in junior high and high school, I was going to clubs and again the Paradise Everybody, Everybody, Uh, Jazz Workshop, Paul's Mall, the Channel, the Rat, the conglomeration of clubs in Chemo's Square, Coacadis, Lipstick, and yesterday I went to all of these clubs and some of the places outside of Greater Boston. Uh say, I've got a mental block in the name of the place.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Swingers that was up in Framingham.
Speaker 3: I never heard of that one.
Speaker 1: They were round and their gimmick was they had an attractive young lady too swinging while the groups are on stage playing. I saw can you remember seeing Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes at Swingers?
Speaker 3: Oh Wow? And Teddy with them.
Speaker 1: Teddy was still with them before he realized that Harold Melvin was ripping him off, which is another story entirely tell you what. Let me take my break. This subject is for you, the listeners, the night Side listeners. If you partook of all of these places and names that we just mentioned, give us a call. Six one, seven, five, four thirty, eight, eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty. This is Nightside without Denray. But this is Nightside fifty one degrees.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: Oh if only they would pay me? How many times I say, Dan, it's off tonight. I'm Morgan, Morgan went Junior. Been a part of the BZY landscape for Good Grief nineteen ninety five ninety six. I do my own show on Saturday evenings nine to midnight. I say that because I've just gone back to starting at nine and I'm here with a buddy Clinton. I used to hang out together prior to me doing BZY Radio, and we had a friend and I used to have I used to have Frank o'ching on periodically as well. And Frank knew sixties and seventies television better than anybody I had ever met.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he was fantastic.
Speaker 1: He took it personally when Prunell Roberts quit Bonanza. It was like Frank was insulted. That's a decision an actor made for his own career. But he passed away. Frank passed away, and yeah I started miss him, But yeah I do too.
Speaker 3: I mean he was such a such a fantastic person to talk to.
Speaker 5: And you know, like and we we used to ask. Yeah, we go back and walk with certain groups, I mean cern TV shows, and and I could never catch him. He always was on point when he came to a TV.
Speaker 1: Always, always, always, always.
Speaker 3: Not trick him, could not trick him.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's stay on. Let's stay on subject.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I tell you one of the things I like about the Boston music scene. I want you to think back in the seventies. Okay, you were around I was still a kid at the time. You know, we dominated the radio airwaves if you think from like seventy seventy four to about eighty eight, you know, at that time period because in the seventies we had Let's start off with one of my favorite groups to listen to is Boston And you know Tom Shows an engineer Tolaroid. He developed a demo called the Boston First Album, and the music on there was It's timeless, like the greatest hits album. The only feeling, oh yeah, more in the feeling the guitar work, four play. You know, you listen to that particular album, you could listen to it continuously and it never loses. It's that that that feeling. There's more than the feeling. That's why he had it on that album. So I think when I for me personally, when I put I still look at that album to date and believe it or not, Whoony in the Blowfish beat them for the like for the most albums sold by a new group, And I don't even consider that. I'm sorry, I can't consider it. I always say Boston is that is that group? I mean that that album, hands down was one of the greatest first albums ever released. And I have a bunch of them, and that's that's the whole show within itself. I know they, I know they played the Paradise and another group that played the Paradise I'm gonna bring up and you definitely know who it is, John Butcher Axis. Yeah, I saw ad. I'm sorry you saw him.
Speaker 1: I was about to say all of the music that we have brought up will discuss this hour. Yes, legendary, legendary, legendary, and the music still holds up today. Any of the groups or musical acts that we have just mentioned, anything by them, you put on a turntable and play it, it holds up fifteen twenty years later. Here we are on the cusp of twenty twenty five, and we're talking about music that held the charts in the seventies and eighties that still can compete with anybody out there today. You talk about Hooty and the Blowfish five, you mentioned you know, John put your access or Aerosmith or I can't. There are so many different acts that you can pay and it depends if you want to go with rock versus pop, versus soul versus folk, all of them, all of them. Go to your old record collection, take out an album, put it on your turntable right now, nine twenty four, on December thirtieth, right now. It still comforts you as you listen to it.
Speaker 3: You have to listen to un vinyl. You cannot listen on a CD. You have to listen to it un vinyl to hear the popping. And it's just the vinyl is where it's at and it's making it. It's bad people prefer vinyl today than they did instead of the CD. Myself, I had a bunch of vinyl. I had the Group's Slave samrth Wind and Fire my Nerds. I had to host Star Wars Star Wars album with John Williams. And you know you have to listen to that on vinyl and you can't look like I said, the CD is great, but it's like putting the Beatles album on and just listening to the snap crack on pop. It's so great to listen to it on vinyl.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. And the problem with CDs and they are Christine. There are very few background noises the pops that you refer to them. Yes, but the envelopment that the music coming off of vinyl just cannot be replaced. No, it can't, No, it can't.
Speaker 3: And my daughter calls me a musical snob. She mentions a bunch of the group she listens to, right, honey, I can't listen to it. They don't have the equality. And you know she loves Taylor Swift. I have none against Taylor Swift. Oh you know, I know, but I definitely like I compare, I said, until she could sing like Tina Turner, you know, Tina Turner was selling out stadiums. And Janet Jackson, you know, obviously Stevie Nicks, who I think I love her voice. She has such I like, very distinctive voices that delsa tone voice, you know, and Stevie Nicks has that.
Speaker 1: Anyone, I'm going to interrupt you here to take a call, to get this call in before I have a news hit. So let's go to New Hampshire and speak to Wendy. Wendy, good evening to you.
Speaker 3: Happy New Year, Wendy, Happy news.
Speaker 4: I wanted to just mention a couple of clubs I used to go to in the late eighties or early nineties. Okay, okay. One was in Somervella. Was Club three.
Speaker 1: I'm familiar with Club three, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And there was a couple in Revie Sammy's Patio, Yes, and the Atlantic Lounge.
Speaker 1: And what do you remember any of the acts that you saw at these places?
Speaker 4: They were all kind of bands from throughout the the US, but they were just all starting out.
Speaker 1: Okay. And I don't mean to be embarrassing when a man asks this question of a woman, but what age bracket were you.
Speaker 4: And those days? I was in my mid.
Speaker 3: Twenties, okay, okay, And.
Speaker 4: To either of you, Statio Sammy's Statio is a very popular music place in Revere. It was on Revere Beach.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've heard of it. I don't think I ever went in there, and do either of you. I'm trying to think of the place coming in down route to into Boston. What was the name of that bar, that that legendary place. I can't think of it. Either of you remember, no.
Speaker 3: Or what year? More than for me, Like I said.
Speaker 1: I'm very eighties and nineties.
Speaker 3: Was it Akuku that restaurant?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, that was a Chinese rest strat, No, no, no no. If anyone out there knows of the establishment that I am mentioning, call in and help me with the name. Six seven, five, four, ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine, nine, ten thirty. And Wendy, maybe some of.
Speaker 4: Your listeners will remember these places.
Speaker 1: Okay, anybody who remembers the places Wendy just brought up, please call in and thank you for listening.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I'd love to listen. Yeah, all right, enjoyed the show.
Speaker 1: Happy New Year, Wendy. Yeah, by bye, all right, perfect time.
Speaker 3: You think that will probably play damn more than it would probably be the Stompers, not that that whole area, that whole north Shore area. The Stompers was covering every everywhere at the time, and they're they're great there and.
Speaker 1: The Fools World Dance Party. It was a great song. Tell you what. Yes, we've got too more people calling in, so I'm going to take my break right now. Oh we've got full lines. I'm going to give Robert chance to answer these calls and put them in queue. You want to call in, don't the lines are full time and temperature here on nights side. I'm not Dan Ray, I'm Morgan. Dan is off. He'll be back on Wednesday. Time and temperature again, nine thirty fifty one degrees.
Speaker 2: It's Night with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: No Dan tonight, No Dan tomorrow. You got me, Morgan White Junior been a proud of BZ roughly since nineteen ninety five ninety six. I've been doing my show on Saturday night here for years, beginning nine o'clock this weekend. And let's go right back to our phone calls. Heather and Arlington, thank you for calling in. Happy news.
Speaker 6: Hey, how I'm frey New Year?
Speaker 1: How are you good?
Speaker 6: Thang? So I was calling in with the place that was on Route two. I grew up in Islington and it's faces. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: That's exactly the name. I couldn't think of it. Think I knew somebody would know.
Speaker 6: I think that I remember going there.
Speaker 1: All right, and who did you see? What music lacks?
Speaker 6: It was a lot of the nights that when I would go, it was a lot of DJ nights, a lot of culture club like it was Glate eighties, a lot of DJ stuff or cover bands or they would have.
Speaker 1: Cover bands right, and cover bands were everywhere in Boston surrounding area, and they were going a lot of these cover bands were fantastic equal to the act that they were covering. Maybe the Smitch and Better Man.
Speaker 6: I remember seeing a great Zeppelin one mmm.
Speaker 1: Mmmm and clon what we were about to say.
Speaker 3: One of the groups I used to see for me, Joey Scott in the Connection. I used to see them all the times at Frank You might have saw them through the years. You might have passed cross pass with them sometimes and they Joey Joe I got to know Joey and he used to play like a lot of classic O, R and B songs like covers and it's you know him and John Zuko. They did a great job. And those when you listen to cover band, make sure don't go there just say I'm gonna hate the band. Go there and enjoy the music and enjoy it. That's all I can say.
Speaker 1: He's just something you think of this group, Mason Dixon in the line, and they were a group that was mixed. You didn't find either found a white group or a black group. It's rare that you would find all the personnel being black and white combined.
Speaker 3: Yes, and.
Speaker 6: I didn't think of it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And obviously of all of the bands that had Boston as their base, I'm probably gonna say New Edition sold more records. Aerosmith was close, but New Addition they're still together. They've broken up, getting back, broken up, gutting back, and they are still together even though Bobby Brown left them for a while. And a lot of people feel if it weren't for Bobby Brown getting to know Whitney Houston, she would still be here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Influenced bad habits around the both of them yes, and I won't go any further. So so Heather, yea true what are you doing on New Year's Tomorrow? New Year's Eve?
Speaker 6: Debating whether or not to go into town or stay home and watch a movie?
Speaker 1: You know what, Heather, stay home and watch a movie.
Speaker 6: That's kind of what I'm thinking. That's kind of where I'm leaning towards, truthfully.
Speaker 1: That's that's a great suggestion and cuts down on the opportunity for anything unforeseen happening to you.
Speaker 6: Right, And you know, by the time you get into town and get back out of town and yeah, yeah, yeah, and you.
Speaker 1: Have to take pup of transportation because there's no place to park, you can't drive the streets. So I understand that.
Speaker 3: More than what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm here tomorrow night. I'm here tomorrow night from me to midight. Okay, my plans are already in cement. But I'll tell both of you something. For like three or four years in a row, I did first night they had me at the Hinds Auditorium and I did my trivia show three different time slots two No. One to two thirty three to four thirty five to six thirty and I was wiped at the end of each of those. And one night it was just the worst weather, sleep snow, freezing temperatures, and getting there was okay. I had to park in the area because they had stuff to carry, but going home I kept wishing I had parked a little closer and was gone awful. Got home, head pillow became good friends, and I was asleep within a half hour.
Speaker 3: I bet, yep, let me let you go.
Speaker 1: But thank you.
Speaker 6: All right, thanks, take care, Happy New Year to you both.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you so much more than what I was gonna say to you. Smiths had a second life when they did a duet with run DMC because they were they were really down in the eighties, you know, they were barely making it, and they did that duet with run DMC and Arrow SMIs just blew up again and they did quite well. And Errol Smith, when you think Boston, when you say Boston, who do you think up off the top of your head, like right away.
Speaker 5: Musically Boston, Okay, to the group Boston, that's one.
Speaker 1: I think, Errol Smith, I think new edition.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: What about three? Thank you for placing her maybe towards the top of that list. Here's a young lady quit her senior year of high school so she could be with the touring company of Hair. She killed it with Hair killed it and her own career, and she had the oh what was her product? You would know, cleo, the product that used love to love you Baby. It was a fragrance and I can't think of that launched her career to the nation. Yes, because singing that song and the heavy breathing and the central sigh love to love you Baby, that did it. Everybody wanted to know who is that woman?
Speaker 3: You know, It's funny more than I was in my office one day and I had that song coin one of my coworkers walked by, knocked on my door and said, are you okay in there?
Speaker 1: You're okay? I would have said, are you alone in there? That's what I would have said.
Speaker 3: Tell you what, anybody, I'm sorry, No, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just gonna throw out the phone number again. We've got two people on hold, one open line. We are talking legendary locations and musical acts from the seventies and eighties that grew out of Boston. And let's take another call. Let's take Joe in Boston. Hello Joe, Happy New Year to you.
Speaker 6: Too.
Speaker 8: Joe had already told you. But it was Faces in Allington, right, and there was one of the club I wasn't a big concert goer band here. But the Channel in Boston.
Speaker 1: That yeah, I mentioned the Channel in South Boston right by the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: One question, I'm not sure where they're from. Where Earth Women Fire? Where they were?
Speaker 1: They were not from Boston, No, No, they weren't local at all.
Speaker 3: I think they were from Chicago, Chicago. This was the first thing that popped into my head. I could be wrong. I can look it up.
Speaker 1: And one of my favorite songs is from Earth Wind and Fire Reasons and it's got to be the concert version.
Speaker 8: I've never been to many concerts, but my girlfriend took me. We went to see them at Mohigan Son put on one of the best shows I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you that. And by the way, you were right, Nancy looked it up, Cleo, it was Chicago. Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: About the quick story. I was hired in the nineties. I was hired to do trivia for a lot of different companies and corporations. They would have a business and they were advertising themselves and I would go along when they had not concerts, but it doesn't matter. This company hired me to go to Philadelphia. I took my son with me. I think I've told parts of this story in the past. My ex wife did not want me to bring my son, and he was time to go. He's fourteen years old and a chance to go to Philadelphia. I finally got her to say yes. This company had a huge concert as a culmination point of their event. Earth Wind and Fire was one of the group's playing and I'm saying, hot dog, I get to see them live for free, and I had a press pass. My son came down with a cold.
Speaker 3: Oh no, So I have.
Speaker 1: Two choices, go see one of my favorite groups and enjoy their show, or be a father, bring my son back to the hotel and take care of him. The choice wasn't even a choice. Yeah, I had to be a father and take him back to the hotel. And that was my only chance to see Earth Wind and Fire. What are you going to do?
Speaker 3: Ye? Be a father? Yep, yeah, yeah. The Earthpoint of Fire is such a great group. I mean, I wish it was from Boston. I think.
Speaker 8: Prior to Bottles, Yes, I believe They all had a degree from Berkeley School of Music.
Speaker 1: And Tavarus was from New Bedford, Boston.
Speaker 3: Per se, that's what I might have been thinking of. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I try to. I try to keep it like the local as well as the New England area of the band. Yeah yeah, because we, like I said, we put a lot of great music out.
Speaker 1: Who done it? Who stole my baby from me? Heaven must be Michigan Angel. Oh she's gone?
Speaker 3: They were, definitely they were on the Saturday Night Live on Saturday Night Fever sounds that, Yes, they were. Yeah, And I.
Speaker 1: Love the line she's gone. I'd pay the devil to replace her.
Speaker 8: That's all right I need then, you guys have a great new yea.
Speaker 1: To you. Thanks for the call. Let me take a break here. We'll get Billy and Randolph next. Anyone else wants to call in. We're talking about locations and bands from the seventies and eighties here on Night Side with the time is nine forty six fifty one degrees.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Way Live from the Window World Nice Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: All right, Cleil, I got bad news for you. What's that You're gonna be on as well as nine to ten, ten to eleven. Now, don't cry.
Speaker 3: Come on, I'm not gonna cry.
Speaker 1: Be a brave soldier. Do you deal with the band news?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I'm good. I can handle it. You sure bring it. I'm right all right.
Speaker 1: I could have Rob go out and call in another line and have him for an hour.
Speaker 3: No, I'm good, Morgan, yes for this. Come on, now you should know that.
Speaker 1: I'm just busting at chops. Let's go to Randolph and speak to Billy. Billy. Thanks side, Morgan.
Speaker 3: How are you brother?
Speaker 1: I'm fine, Billy. How are you?
Speaker 7: Happy New Year to you too?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you mentioned it, but Lucifers, the ken Moore Club and ken Moore Square, I did.
Speaker 1: Mention that the three there were like three clubs all together, and one of them went out and then they brought back another. So Lucifers, Yesterday's Lipstick and Kadi's right.
Speaker 7: Kadi's was downstairs, right, Lucifer's was the showroom upstairs. And if you remember the Lewis and Clark Expedition, what a show.
Speaker 1: And that was another one of the bands that were a mixture of black and white performers. Lewis and Clark right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they went on to Hawaii and everything, and they a lot of tour on but just didn't make the big time. But another club they were big inn was the mill Hill Club on the Cape in the summer time.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, it's a lot of bands down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's they had a lot of great bands. What's the name of the place that had a train motif on the Cape?
Speaker 7: I can't remember the train. Yeah, and I'm talking back in the seventies now, yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, and they had the whole thing was trains locomotives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was called Cohoots, Morgan, it wasn't hoots.
Speaker 1: Okay, nobody will know it and they will call in like they called in with faces.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but this is a great show tonight, Morgan. I'm loving this stuff, man, because I grew up and you're talking about the vinyl and everything. You're killing me tonight, and you're killing me.
Speaker 1: I'm happy, you're happy. Yeah, I'm gonna tell you behind the scenes. Here is my lineup that was originally scheduled eight o'clock. Jerry Beck Cleo was scheduled for nine, Joe Ane Desmond was scheduled for ten, and Barbara Feldon ninety nine on Get Smart is scheduled for eleven. Jerry Beck wasn't where he was supposed to be, so called Cleo, but Cleo wasn't able to do eight o'clock. He was scheduled for nine, and that's what he set up for. So I had joe Ane Desmond come on at eight. Kleiol's off for nine, and I'm gonna hold Cleo through the hour that would have been Joanne Desmond's hour, and Lord help me let Barbara Feldon be wish he's supposed to be in eleven.
Speaker 7: That's a lot of work.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rob and I work well as a team, and we were able to make it happen, and people listening had no idea because it's so smooth. There was a guest today, there's a guest at nine. That guest at nine is going to be here till eleven. And if Barbara Feldon is which he's supposed to be, I can sleep well tonight.
Speaker 3: I hope.
Speaker 7: So I just wanted to I just wanted to mention maybe you saw the Yeah, back on the day the Summer Thing Productions used to put them all on Summer Thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how we didn't put those out there. Summer thing.
Speaker 3: The Boston Common shows, we saw some.
Speaker 1: Great I saw some great shows there. I saw Curtis Mayfield do almost his whole Superfly album there summer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great one.
Speaker 1: Cool man, watch a show and you wonder what the funny thing it is. Now. I'm doing this for memory, but I do not recall any unnecessary activity at this event, because they had it every year, and if they were destructive elements to it, they would not have done it the following year. They would have canceled it, right.
Speaker 7: And they had them all around the city Morgan, like you could see. It was in Dorchester, Calmon, Rosendale. You know they're moving them around pretty good. Back then, it was great time. Yeah, all right, Billy, thank you, all right man, you know, happy New Year to you. Be safe now, yeah you too. Thanks guys, good night.
Speaker 1: Billy's line is open if you want to grab it, do it. Let's go. We've got time. Call line one. Bobby and Lynn.
Speaker 3: Hello, Bobby, heybody, You're.
Speaker 1: Happy New year.
Speaker 3: Happy New Year to year too. You ever get up to a club in Beverly called Sandy's.
Speaker 1: No, but I heard about Sandy's.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was run by the Salem Beverly Bridge there and I saw Jonathan Richmond there. Oh love, Oh yeah, God, bless you man. I gotta tell you one thing. That song on road Runner, she would be the Boston song because it hits all the elements of Boston. Why they don't play that enough? I don't get it. Road Run is one of my favorite songs to listen to a Firman. Great song, great song, great song to be dropping nine one on at the stop the Shop. Yeah, yeah, you mentioned most.
Speaker 1: Of the places. I was like, the Channel was great.
Speaker 3: Really, it's the Channel, and of course of things like you just said, the summertime Conscious, the summer thing conscious. I saw Smokey Robinson and the Miracles. Yeah, it was great. Oh.
Speaker 1: One thing about the Channel. Of all the places that we mentioned, the Channel had its own parking area, which was great because a lot of plays try to find a parking space around the Paradise. Try to find a parking space and kim O Square if you're going to any of the clubs that we mentioned about Katie Lipstick yesterday, Lucifer, you know every place. Yeah, in the city was tough to find a place to put a vehicle, but the channel had tons of parking.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. A friend of mine, a friend of mine, saw Bob Molly and the Whalers play there. Okay. He said it was like unreal. He just said, because he was up and coming. He was just coming up. Bob Molly was and he played at the channel and he said, the only thing that was this it was Bob ally and a lot of weed.
Speaker 1: So, oh my goodness. All right, Popy, you're gonna let you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, thanks for the one.
Speaker 1: Bobby's line is open, vacated just for you. Six one, seven, five, four ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty. You want to call in and reminisce along with Cleo Campbell and myself. You are welcome, welcomed, ed, welcomed to do so, and we'll get to Jack and Chuck on the other side of the news. And I had to threaten clear with torture to stay for another hour. And you're just loving this, aren't your Cleo?
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 3: I know you bring up a couple of groups when we come back, Okay, A couple of groups. Don't want to mention that that well very for me. One's very personal and the second one is I finally got into their music because someone inspired the list start to listen to them.
Speaker 1: When we come back. Time and temperature here on night side nine fifty eight fifty one degrees