Speaker 1: It's Soto six if if you've have a Karsene talk station. A very happy Wednesday to Trian Thomas. Always with a smile on my face when I get to look across the board here and see now retired Congressman Brad Winster. But he's not retired and he's still he's actually harder at work now than he was when he was an elected official. Brad Winster, welcome back to the Morning show, my dear friend. It's always great having you in. Thank you, Brian. Appreciate your willingness to come in so we can actually engage any face to face communication.
Speaker 2: Well, I've always enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm still a patriot and still trying to move the country in the right direction wherever I can, as you are, and to have the opportunity to come in here and message a little bit to your good listeners, yeah, I appreciate.
Speaker 1: Well, I know they enjoy hearing from you. I mean, you know what it's like to be a representative. You know what the sausage making process is like. And I suspect back on a lot of levels in spite of the direction that we're going, and I think Trump is making some positive changes that we'll talk about here this morning in a moment. But it would probably be a much easier time to be a Republican right now than the period of time when you were serving, right Lord Almighty?
Speaker 3: Well, yes, and no, I mean you saw yesterday that there's you know, a little bit of squabbling going on within the members of the House. You know, one thing I always said is never say what you'll never do, because you never know what the environment's.
Speaker 2: Going to be like and how you need to change.
Speaker 3: And so sometimes people have done that, gotten elected on it, and then they find themselves in a difficult position.
Speaker 2: No new taxes for example.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, learn from that. And so it's a team sport, and so sometimes you got to come together and bite the bullet a little bit on something. You got a president who's going to pursue an agenda that you should be totally in favor of, and we are. But you get into some the details, and what happened yesterday was interesting. Of course, you had some people holding out on the Republican side, and everybody wants things that they want, and you got to keep working it. You just have to keep working it. But let's get this ball moving down field. Right, and you know, because really what happened yesterday to pass that bill, it's just a first down, it's a thirty yard gain, but it's as a first down, right, Right.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of work that needs to be done. The Senate wants, for example, increase them. We'll get more tax cuts and maybe more cuts across the government spending, which I embrace. And of course, as as reported widely, there's some the moderate Republicans are saying, oh no, we can't do that. My state will suffer because you're going to be taking Medicaid dollars away from It's like, wait a second, you know, why don't you put some attention to ferreting out the fraud, wasted abuse. And I bet you like Ohio will be able to find like ten billion dollars in erroneous payments and that won't hurt you. Then if there have to be some cuts.
Speaker 3: The more you can cut down on fraud, the more you can do for those that really need it and that the government was designed for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the longer the program will be available for those who truly do need it.
Speaker 3: Right, But we also have an administration compared to say the Obama administration, President Obama all we got more people insured than ever before, where a lot of that was medicate. I can tell you as a doctor, it's one of the worst programs in America as far as health, highest mortality and morbidity over the years, and least access to care. What we want to me success is fewer people needing the safety nets, fewer people in a position to have to rely on taxpayer dollars to survive.
Speaker 2: I like that we have.
Speaker 3: Safety nets, but let's make that a smaller group of Americans and make it just a temporary pause in your life and you get back on your feet.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, if I could wave a magic wand the way to avoid and reduce the expenditures related to Medicaid or even Medicare bombacare, if we all took better care of ourselves. You know, you get in front of you know that we treat symptoms in medicine, we don't treat the core reason for the symptoms. In many cases. You know, oh, here's a pill for that. You got high cholesterol, Here, take this pill. You got pain, you know, here take this pill or something along those lines, and they don't get to the root cause. Preventative medicine I think it's.
Speaker 3: The Congressional Budget Office, and this is something that we faced and as a Doctor's Caucus, we brought CBO in and discuss the savings that come with prevention, preventative medicine, being ahead of the curve, incentivizing prevention.
Speaker 2: I'll give you example.
Speaker 3: I was talking to the one of the representatives from Humana on the hill, good guy, able to have a conversation, and I said, you know, what makes sense to me that if you have in humanity five thousand employees that you just signed up for a health plan and three hundred of them are insulin dependent diabetics, I'll tell you what you should do. You should have them able to come in and see their doctor, oh, three times a year with no Copey one, they'll go. If there's no Copey, they will go. Secondly, then that increases the decreases the chances of being hospitalized because you're going to be on top of your health. You're going to be ahead of the game. That's what you we should be. After the Doctor's Caucus, we said healthiest nation on the planet. And this is before make America healthy again. This is what we were thriving for. And we're talking about obviously changes in programs like SNAP, but also kids understanding in school what health is about, what a vegetable is, what are healthy foods? Are we really teaching that and getting that ingrained in our schools? How about the President's Physical Fitness Program? So starting with young age, but making this the mantra across the United States that we're out to make you healthy. So you you go to AHHS, and this is where I think Kennedy can do great things. You know, you look at HHS and you look at all these employees and you're like, we don't need you. You're not doing anything here today. That's making us a healthier nation, right right, And that's that's where we should be headed. We need to look at that. And I don't think you know, there shouldn't be if I was a government employee and say, you know, I'm quite capable. I know I can make it on the civilian side, can you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And you and I are talking off air, I mean all the whaling and gnashing your teeth about oh my god, these people have mortgages and families and they need to feed them. So as it's like I've never had a job that had guaranteed employment. Ever, you know, I saw the other day Starbucks laid off one thousand or fifteen hundred of their management folks or downside right sizing. In fact, the reason for the cuts was to improve the function of the business, to make it a better, more well oiled machine, to get them more profitable all things. And for example, shareholders want the share prices went up when they got rid of those people. No one was out protesting in the streets. No one's out protesting when all the Eastern Kentucky coal migers lost their jobs because of green policies, and no one cried for the XL pipeline workers when Biden canceled that. But if it's a government employee, well we all we obviously we all need to wal and and wear our hearts on our sleeves. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 3: Well, government agencies should not be the w p A right from the depression, right, Well here, we'll just create jobs for you. But actually, the people in the w p A, I believe they built the wall on Columbia Parkway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, impress a few. My grandfather, my mom's dad, and you know, I love him. He was a great guy.
Speaker 2: He and it was.
Speaker 1: It was poverty central back then. I mean we're talking about Great Depression poverty. I mean he told me stories about, you know, the hunger and the searching for the jobs. When he was a teenager, he was on a w P A project and I don't know what he was responsible for. I don't I've got a picture of him with the entire crew that he was on. It's a huge picture and it's all yellow, and it's cracking, and want to have it, you know, sort of remounted and and and and fixed.
Speaker 2: But that aside.
Speaker 1: He became a lifelong Democrat because FDR gave a job of the WPA at a time when his family was starving. You know that that's was that it bought him or that program bought a Democrat lifetime loyalty.
Speaker 2: But he was working. He wasn't actually working exactly.
Speaker 3: You know. I love the movie Cinderella Man, true story about James Bradeck, a boxer who has to give up his kids and go on on welfare and he's banned from boxing. He gets the chance to come back in he ends up becoming heavyweight champ of the world. But the money he got while on welfare, he returned and he said, well, I figure, if I'm fortunate to live in a country that helps me when I'm down, I had to pay it back when I'm up. And I've had a string of good luck lately. Isn't that wonderful?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I wish every had had a student loan had that attitude. Right, all right, I'm sorry I had to get down that road. The opportunity presented itself. It's seven point fifteen. Will continue with former Congressman brad Winstrop, who is still working for the American people. It's not getting paid for it, but he's got a role in the administration. We're gonna learn all about that in the next segment, among other things. But first, Affordable Imaging Services Echo card got your echo cardiogram. At Affordable Imaging Services, you don't have to pay thirty five hundred dollars or more at the hospital. It's just hospital imaging departments are just massive cash cows. Speaking of the cost of medicine, it doesn't have to cost thirty five hundred dollars, doesn't You don't have to pay a separate bill for the hospital or for the radiologist report. You go to Affordable Imaging Services and Echo cardiogram without enhancement five hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: You need an enhancement, it's eight hundred.
Speaker 1: It comes with a board certified radiologist support with you and your doctor will both get within forty eight hours. You get no bells and whistles, but at the same kind of hospital equipment for the imaging, whether it's an echo cardogram, mri, CT scan, ultrasound, same type of equipment with experts that have been doing this for like forty years. So why is it so expensive at the hospital? I have no idea. Maybe it's the overhead. Maybe it's the fact that most people will just default do what their doctor says and go to the hospital that owns that doctor's practice. You do have a choice when it comes to your medical care, so why not check it out. Affordable Imaging Services find them online at Affordable Medimaging dot com. Here's the fulnable to schedule appointment five one three, seven, five three eight thousand and they can get you right in.
Speaker 2: You don't have to wait three or four weeks.
Speaker 1: For an echo cardiogram for example five to one three seven, five, three eight thousand.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: If you're a Claremont County veteran, here's your Channa nine first one to what a forecast partly fidy day breeze in high sixty four night lot forty with some rains shown up probably after eight pm fifty four with partly cloudy skis on Thursday over night down to thirty one.
Speaker 1: They may have seens some rain tomorrow on your drive home, and on Friday partly clottyskis again with a high on fifty right now thirty four in time for traffic.
Speaker 5: From the UCUT Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and in screenings can make a difference. Called five one three, five to eighty five uc C seed northbound four seventy one, beginning to fill in between Grand and downtown southbound seventy five, already a five minute to lay in and out of Lackland westbound two seventy five.
Speaker 2: That's running heavy.
Speaker 5: Shortly after you come out of Milford towards Ward's corner, and I've broken down on the right shoulder, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC they talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty fifty five KRCD talk station Happy Wednesday inside scoop with Bright Barton news Lendon Beer Chief all over Land at eight o five and fast forward to eight thirty Judgent Nepaul Town of the Meantime in studio, former Congressman brad Winstroup, who's not really retired. I understand you are on the Intelligence Advisory Board now correct.
Speaker 3: I'm honored the President Trump selected me with a group of about I think it's ten to twelve people. It's going to be led by Devin Newnez, who of course was the Intelligence Chair when I first got on the Intelligence Committee, and I was fortunate to serve ten years there and some Actually one of the staffers, Scott glib is also on the committee.
Speaker 2: He was a staffer on Intel.
Speaker 3: And you know, as I look at this, it's really an amazing thing. The President's directive is to advise the President on our on the national security challenges that we face, advance his agenda, which within the Intelligence Committee, which is to be an agencies that have integrity, that can be trusted. And it's really kind of fun for me because as I look, Cash Pttel was one of our staffers on the Intelligence Committee. Now he's head of the FBI. While yeah, Mike Waltz one of my dear friends in Congress was on the Intelligence Committee with me. Now NSA Director John Radcliffe, charge of the CIA, it was on Intelligence Committee with me. So I feel very fortunate to be in this position because they're really basically there's things. You know, government never ends, but there are things that I was working on in the intelligence realm that need completion. And now I feel with this administration and with the opportunity with this board, there'll be a lot of things that we can finish investigations for example.
Speaker 1: Okay, and having that, I guess you have the highest level security clearance that I mean that I mean you obviously have security clearance to be on these committees. You did when you were on the committee when you were an elected official, so you maintain that security clearance.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going through that process. I have to start all over again, do you really? Yeah, But it's really interesting. I started to fill out the forms that you have to fill out and get it electronically, and they had almost every everything in there from not from my congressional clearance because there you just get it, but from my military. So all you know, because they're asking down to your childhood and whose lifelong friend and things like that that they can reach out to. So it's like, oh, this is great, half of it's already filled out already. Yeah, so but yet you have to go through that process again.
Speaker 2: So we'll see how much time it takes.
Speaker 3: I think it'll get me to DC a couple times a month maybe, or a couple of days a month. They're putting together a staff and working on it. But I think it's a it's a really great opportunity and I'm and I'm honored to have that and I.
Speaker 1: Really feel like continued chance to serve the country. Well, it's great, and I'm glad you're doing that. But I guess you know, moving back and the period of time you're on the Intelligence Committee, there's a lot of things that you know about that you can't talk out loud about right, correct, that you probably wish you could tell say out loud correct. Stuff that would would turn your hair white kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like presidents always going into office and they always after four years, they always come out they look like they've aged a decade and their hair has already turned white. I mean, that's that's the kind of scary stuff that's out in the world that most Americans don't even know about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's true. We want.
Speaker 3: What we want, though, is Americans to say I believe that that agency is acting on my best, you know, my benefit. They're there to serve me, to keep the country safe, uh, to inform the president things like that.
Speaker 1: Well, isn't that what the NSA was supposed to be doing? And then we find out they're in chat rooms all day talking about their perversions through the DEI program.
Speaker 3: Well, those are problems because the agencies, you know, they always start sounding with, you know, great intent. But you know, our country started it with just three agencies, State, Treasury, and War. And I think everyone can make a case for those agencies. But now we have eighteen agencies and they're all over the place, and within the intelligence community there's many you know, you mentioned that though, if you look at what we did in the last two years where I was able to chair the Pandemic Committee, had great staff and great members of Congress working on it. That is an unclassified report, five hundred and twenty pages of unclassified material within seventeen pages of recommendations. But I started investigating COVID the day it began starting to look for how do we treat this thing? And then you get into well, where the heck did it come from and how and so those are things that been working on for a long time, and there's more on the classified side. But I was pleased to see CIA come out during the transition between the administration saying well, we really think it came from the LAB. And I think Director Burns who you know, other side of the aisle, but I'd gotten to know him, That's who I have to work with, right And I think that he was continuing to investigate and that there were things out there, some things he showed me that could lean towards more towards lab leak, and I think he wanted to make sure that it was known that the CIA was still continuing to investigate this and share that with John Ratcliffe as he was as he was coming in. And that's when they came out and said we believe it came from a lab leak.
Speaker 1: You know, I probably if I pulled my listening audience, I couldn't come up with a single one who thinks it didn't come from Alas.
Speaker 2: Oh exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean, Brian, the forensics are so in your face and there are virtually none to say it came from nature, except that the fact that some viruses do come from nature. Most viruses do come from nature.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they don't have the modifications that are shown on the COVID nineteenis.
Speaker 3: For example, you know COVID nineteen has a fear in cleavage site. That is the type of research we were doing in Wuhan, China and pain for it was inserting fere incleavad sites on coronaviruses right right, and that type of coronavirus had never had a fear in cleavad site in nature. The fere and cleavad site is what makes it more infectious to humans.
Speaker 1: Jeez, Louise, why why why do we gauge in that kind of research? Seven twenty six right now for the five K Steve Talk Station. We will continue with brad Winstrip after this break. And I am so honored to speaking. Wehalf about Herbert Motors. What a great company they are founded more than seventy five years ago, fifth generation, family owned and operative business serving the greater Cincinnati area for that long. And you're working with a Herbert family member. They're proud of what they do and what they do is give you attention, talk about what your needs are in terms of well lawn equipment, and they only service and sell the world class brand. You got your John Deere lawn tractors, your dear Compact utility tractors, x Mark mowers, steel power equipment, and Honda power equipment, and they know everything about what they're selling. And you're not going to get that kind of attention, detail and knowledge at a box store. And you're certainly not going to be working with a family member who's proud of their company, wants to keep that company name. Uh Well bulletproof and it is. It took great care of me, and I know they will do that with you. So they'll work with you to find the right mower, tractor or steel power equipment the best fits your needs, and you get service after the sale. They service everything that they sell, and they like you to know they are the ones that will work with you, and you'd be proud of I'm proud that you listened to me and took me up on my advice. Called but Herbert Motors and five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one impressive product knowledge and customer service five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one online. But Hebertmotors dot.
Speaker 5: Com fifty five KRC Are you a business owner?
Speaker 1: CEO Brian Thomas with brad Winstrip in studio, retired Congressman doctor brad Winstrip. But I can't leave this COVID discussion, all right. The Wuhan Institute Virology pretty much ninety nine point nine nine percent sure the boat, the the virus was created there unleashed on the world, whether intentionally or acts. Iidentally, We'll let people speculate on that all day long. But then comes the vaccine, and then come the edicts and mandates related to the vaccine. I understand that people with co morbid conditions, you know, who is dropping and being being killed by COVID because of their health state. And that's what the vaccine was designed to help right out of the gate. But then they started requiring everyone to get it, and they started firing people and preventing people from employment opportunities because they refuse to get it. Now we've got I mean, here we are fast forward four plus years since a Hillary's Children's hospital denying a child a heart transplant a heart transplant because she has not been vaccinated against COVID. COVID vaccine does not prevent you from contracting COVID. But what we do know is that there are a lot of documented cases of minocarditis. So it seems wholly inconsistent from a medical standpoint to force a child to get a COVID vaccine when she's getting a heart transplant, because the vaccine is still going to be running around in her body and they cause myocarditis in the new heart, right, I mean, if I drawn the line in the right direction on that one. Yeah, Well, when you have a transplant, though, you're going to be immuno compromised. I mean because you are working.
Speaker 3: Against you know, all types of infections and you're gending a transplant, so there's a graft versus host disease. Sure, yeah, so you do want to take every precaution that you can, but.
Speaker 1: Interesting to a compromise for literally any bug that's floating around the air.
Speaker 2: To a degree.
Speaker 3: But you know you are on medications that will try to allow you to accept that heart right someone else. So that being said, I can I can understand that concern. But you mentioned the myocarditis. I'll give you an example of how crazy things were. I had a county commissioner out in one of the rural counties and he said, hey, Brad, Congressman, Doc, my son perfectly healthy. They said he's got to get vaccinated to school high school. And I said, are you probably worried about myocarditis, aren't you? And he said yeah. I said he should be. I said, I tell you what you know, as I look at things right now, if they're going to make him do it in some way, shape or form, you get one dose of the Pfizer vaccine because that is the stronger build up of immunity that you can get from that. I don't know that he even needs a vaccine, but you know that being said, the.
Speaker 1: Likelihood of death and risk of death is minimus with young people right look at the right exactly exactly feels zero point two percent or something for people who are otherwise healthy.
Speaker 3: And this was it was so bizarre what was taking place. But anyways, if he gets one dose, he's going to be covered really well because that's the that's the dose that gives you the most immunity. The second dose doesn't do that much for you. And it's after the second dose that we're seeing the myocarditis. So just get a note from the doctor saying he's had one dose. He you know, they wouldn't accept that. Who doesn't accept it? Like the school board? I mean, this is crazy. We took doctors out of the equation. Doctors were being punished for trying to treat patients in front of them that are sick and dying using ivermectin hydroxy coork when doing no harm in that process. It's so out of control. There are so many lessons learned. This COVID has revealed so many problems within our system and within our government. I mean, thank goodness, for example, for our troops. Hey, you know what, you can come back. You can come back without penalty. A lot of harm's been done though already see that's where I go back to, a lot of harm's been done. There was no scientific justification for doing it, and a lot of people's lives were impacted terrifically and horrifically based upon the edicts and mandates but which I believe and as the case law is coming out, were unlawful from the get go. Well, if you think of the military, when I would travel un need vaccines for certain things for certain.
Speaker 1: Reasons, I know you sign up, and you and when you sign up, you have to do things that you otherwise might not.
Speaker 3: But here was the logic behind those. I don't get them necessarily, Yeah, all of them until I'm deploying to up region.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they had malaria there, then you get a malaria vaccine. I understand that. But if you're an area that h have malaria, then you don't get a malaria vaccine.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: It depends on it's risk versus benefit, right right. It should always be risk versus benefit. And that's what I touch on it and a piece of I'm writing right now, and it comes down to it. You know, I look at when I was growing up, my mom's first cousin, somebody I spent a lot of time with. She got polio at age four. I sadly would see pictures of her running around the yard. You know, before she got polio, there was no vaccine.
Speaker 2: Then happen an iron lung.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and those I'm in those things who are happening, I'm glad they have a polio vaccine, you know, I'm glad I didn't ended up in an iron lung.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, when we went to our pediutrician with my kids. It was she said, I don't. I don't see a real benefit for your kids getting a covid vaccine. But I do see a benefit for the poio vaccine. Exactly, I do too, I'm right with you. So what do we do. We got the typical childhood vaccines that have minimal vaccine injury over the years, and we avoided the covid vaccine.
Speaker 1: See, and I did too. And I can't thank my lucky stars enough that I did avoid it, got covid, hated it. Second time I got it, it was nothing. And for most people that I know, it was a couple of days of really a bad cold, you know, and that was it. I mean, it's like the flu. I've had the flu several times in my life. I don't get a flu vaccine. You know why, because you know I can deal with the flu. It's not that bad. And the final analysis seven thirty seven benty bive KOs De Talk Station, Chimney Care Fireplace in Stove. Great folks there since nineteen eighty eight, helping everybody with their chimney and fireplace, free standing, stove feeding, wood waste stowed all your needs. Safety is really critical. That's why I say get your chimney inspected, regardless what kind of a firebox you got there, gas or wood, but would most notably because that's the one that has the creasot and the soot and the build up and can cause a chimney fire. So it's a great time to get in touch with the Chimneycare fireplaces though, because it is still a wintertime, they got a winter special which is a wood burning sweep and evaluation for just one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents. Take care of that chimney'll inspected top to bottom of the video camera. Look for water damage, crack lining, look to see if it needs to be swept, and of course they will if it needs to be swept. Certified chimney sweeps. They are truly experts at all things related to those fireboxes. So keep your home safe so you can enjoy the comfort of that beautiful fire. Online you can schedule appointment chimneycarecode dot com. See all the things that they sell there too. Show show room four thirteen Wards Corner Road, chimneycarecod dot com the number to reach them and tell them, Brian said, I mean you call five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. It's five one three two four eight ninety six.
Speaker 2: Hundred, fifty five KRC, Wood and limping Attorney's head.
Speaker 1: Forecast breezy, partly claude in high sixty four overnight, little forty with rain showing up maybe after eight pm. Partly cloudy Tomorrow, high fifty four overnight, partly cloudy with a low of thirty one. You may get some rain during rush hour tomorrow evening, and partly cloudy on Friday as well, with higher fifty to thirty three now time for traffic.
Speaker 5: From the UCLP Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three five to eighty five uc CE see west pend two seventy five. They cleared the broken down at Ward's corner, but traffic continues to build out A Milford nowt backing up to the Parkway in bound seventy four slows above Montana northbound seventy Five's close to a fifteen minute delay out of Florence into town. Shout INGRAM one hunt fifty five KRC. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty one here fifty five PARCD talk station Brian Thomas with Congressman Win Strip in his former congress I keep SAYMP, like, I got to get that in there because I know you said you run into people all the time. I'm like, oh, it must be great being up in DC right now with all what's going on, and you have to remind them that, no, I'm not there anymore, but you are in terms of the Intelligence Advisory Board we just talked about. Okay, I want to get back to what's on your mind. I mean, what would you like to talk about. You had mentioned off air before we started our conversation this morning, something about DEI. And I know the students at the University of Cincinnati, our fellow, our alma mater, you both you and I both went there, are protesting over the removal of these DEI programs. They seem to be worthless endeavors, and they are money suckers, and they don't seem to really accomplish anything but stir the pot of agitation and division on campus. I mean, I've got no problem with them having to take the bathroom signs down and have bathrooms assigned.
Speaker 2: For men only and women only.
Speaker 1: And there's your single use bathroom for anybody of any particular sexual identity. There's a bathroom for you. So they got all the bases covered. But it's really irking a lot of students in some of the faculty. So what's say you about Donald Trump's efforts and getting rid of DEI across the board in Washington, d c.
Speaker 3: Well I had been with doctor Greg Murphy, a fellow co chair of the Doctor's Caucus in the House, and it was to prohibit any funding for medical schools that were doing DEI, and even UCLA. The professors there wrote an article that said, you know, we can't teach these students, they're not prepared. And I made the case. I knew at a young agent wanted to be a doctor, so I went to schools that got me ready for that. You can't just turn twenty one and say hey, because you look like this or whatever the reason is, you now go to medical school.
Speaker 2: It takes more than that. You got to pass organic chemistry. It's got to be merit based.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was at a thing with the NFL and Emmitt Smith got into my face about what are you doing for DEI at Intel? You know Intel coming to Ohio and I was thinking, well, what did you do for your offensive line with DEI, you know, or did you make sure that you had the best people possible blocking for you and opening those holes? I mean, I just see a transgender on the offensive life. I mean, the hypocrisy is just unbelievable. But you know, to that point, it's it's more harmful because you set people up for failure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if you're just saying it's affirmative action, it's already been ruled on. It's just a form of a furtive action. Here's what you do. In my opinion, and I have been always in favor of creating opportunity for people that don't normally get it. And I'm telling you the city of Cincinnati, and this is mostly the people. City is Sincinnati. It's not city council. But you look at what we have done in this city. Xavier Jesuit Academy, the Paul Christo Ray, the Sise schools, the Catholic schools that are out there that take kids and no tuition. You know, they're on scholarship. And these are kids that in their public schools would not have the opportunity to get the high level of education that they're getting.
Speaker 2: You got kids.
Speaker 3: At xaver Jesuit Academy taking STEM classes in grade school, you know, and excelling at it, and they're loving it. It's an opportunity and get that's where you need to start. You need to start there. And I think it would be nice to see the University of Cincinnati say, you know what, we want to invest some efforts. Maybe we take this these these dollars and maybe put them into local schools. You know, Cincinnati used to be a city college. I know it's a state college. Now put them into into a situation in the in this in schools that are creating kids that are going to be academically prepared for college and whatever else may may come along. That I think is the answer. You can't just say just because then you get to be here, it doesn't do them any good now.
Speaker 2: It doesn't.
Speaker 3: And people are going to doubt their credentials, you know, in the future, and that to me is shameful. I mean, I don't think anyone doubted doctor Carson's credentials, right, but they might in the future. If you're if you're you know, the schools were going to pass fail you know, hey, if that is not the way to go. I was a residency director, and when you're choosing who you want for your residence, you take a look at their grades. Past fail doesn't tell you anything.
Speaker 1: Sure as hell doesn't going to pass failed doctor your heart procedure, No, I don't think so. Sey five ks detoxtation. One more segment with former Congressman Brad Winster. First word for color Electric Power Up your Home Sale twenty twenty five Power Up your Home Sale. Code changes implemented the spring of last year apparently have exponentially driven up the cost of a service upgrade right through the roof. So there's never better time to take advantage. Excuse me, big savings on a service update for your home. So now through the end of May or April, brother Colin Electrics extending to twenty percent discount of new service installations for your home twenty percent off the total job cost, which can save you thousands of dollars. Of course, just in time for tax season. Power up your Home Sale means great savings on the service upgrades from Colin Electric. Discount is applic a little above ground or below ground residential single family service four hundred amps or less you want to get an EV charger in your home, You're probably gonna need more power, so take advantage of this right now. Promotion extends to breaker panel and main service upgrades only, so certain limitations apply, but Colin Electric will take great care of you. A plus with a BBB outstanding electricians. They are five one three, two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two online Color Electric, Cincinnati dot Com, fifty.
Speaker 5: Five KRC meet and new monopoly bonus.
Speaker 1: The channel line says is gonna be breezy, cloudy day a partly cloudy anyway, high sixty four down to forty overnight with a chance of rain after eight pm. Partly cloudy tomorrow with the high fifty four. Rain for your more evening drive home, perhaps overnight little thirty one and on Friday, also partly cloudy with a high of fifty thirty three. Right now, let's get a traffick update from.
Speaker 5: The UCO Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three five eighty five u SECC southbound seventy five now slows a bit Tylers to Sunday and then again through Lachland northbound seventy five. You'll need an extra fifteen minutes between Florence and downtown northbound fourth seventy one Fax past Grand inbound seventy four heavy from North Bend southbound seventy one break lights from Field Zerbo down to the Reagan Highway, chuck Ing, Vermont fifty five KRZEE the talk Station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty fifty fifth KRCD Talk Station, A Happy Wednesday. Uh for one more segment here with Congress of wednesup. So moving away from politics and talking about service to country. Of course, I probably served as country in America's military and continues to serve in various capacities. And you also were able to attend a rather moving event the other day, and I know you wanted to talk about that, having you know, served overseas in foreign wars. Congressman win Ship take it away. Yeah, thank you, Brian. You know you always do a lot to talk about our veterans. I know you have Todd Sledge from the Cincinnati VA and oh yeah, a lot.
Speaker 2: A very good man.
Speaker 3: Actually, you know I served in Iraq five oh six and before the day I got the call that I was going to be deployed. Until the day I got home. I kept a journal, but in the past twenty years I never looked at it until this past weekend. And I did so this past weekend because the Eyes of Freedom and maybe probably a lot of your listeners have seen the Eyes of Freedom before and if they haven't, they they get it on the exhibit. They should. It's a beautiful exhibit. We lost so many from Lima Company, Ohio National Guard in Iraq and it's a tribute to all them. Paintings of the standing around in their uniforms, you know, probably from pictures that they had taken, you know, while they were deployed, and they have their boots in front of it is very, very moving. And you know, this was at Saint Xavier last night and we invited all the veterans from Saint x alums to come back and it was it was a big crowd and a very moving event and I was honored to be the MC. One of the things that I can contribute to and say, yes, I'll be there now that I'm not in Congress because I won't have conflicts come up my way necessarily. But one of the things that I did because two of the young men that were killed while I was there went to Saint Xavier High School, so it was particularly moving out at Saint x last night. But I went back to my journal to write to see what I wrote down that day. I have memories of it, vivid memories of it, but I wanted to see what I wrote, and I just thought I would share that as I did last night, Thursday, August fourth, two thousand and five. The day started simply and I prayed a Rosary to start it. At lunch, on the way out of the dining facility, two rockets came whizzing by, landed on the landing zone. We hit the ground and gotten a bunker. I was with Gaels, Parsons and Braun, Thank you God. Otherwise normal clinic day, postops doing fine. Later I wrote fourteen Marines killed northwest of here, Ohio National Guard.
Speaker 2: I feel pretty angry and upset.
Speaker 3: Today Friday, August fifth, two thousand and five, the news gets worse. Twenty two marines killed in action from Ohio National Guard, two from Saint x one with a seven week old son. I received a letter email from father Die and others about the loss. Michael Sefuentes and David Cruder. God bless them and keep them between all of this and the incoming rockets. Yesterday I'm sad, as sad as I've been talk to Dad.
Speaker 2: That helps the.
Speaker 3: Michael Sefuente's parents had said they were trying to bring a better life to people that have suffered too long, and Brian, they did, Yeah, they did.
Speaker 1: And you mentioned that the seven week old baby actually spoke at the event. Who is now, uh what? He's attending Xavier.
Speaker 3: Now, he's a senior at say Next High school and he wrote a poem that he read last night entitled Fields of Flanders.
Speaker 2: It was a moving event. Oh my God.
Speaker 6: Might imagine a massive allergy outbreak and parents there, but it was. But it was a great tribute, and I would tell you Governor DeWine was the keynote speaker, and he paid a tremendous tribute to each and every one of them, including you know more recent from Vietnam they killed in action and Steve Grace and Airman all Saint x Grad's and he gave a wonderful tribute to all of them.
Speaker 2: He's capable of doing some good things. Yeah, it was very good. I'm glad you're able to be at the event. I understand that.
Speaker 1: The wife of that soldier who was killed was there as well. Yes, yes she was wife and parents, so they're not forgotten.
Speaker 3: That's the thing we don't forget, right, we continue to pay tribute. And I was pleased to have my son there, which I think was he's eleven. He's eleven, and it was very moving, and he even read on one of the letters. You know, people write letters saying if you're reading this, then I passed away, and it was to his parents, and this kid had written I wouldn't change a thing in my life. I know you're sad right now, but I wouldn't change a thing because I'm here fighting for freedom for people that didn't have it.
Speaker 1: Yees, well, that kind of sums up the reason why I do anything I can to support American veterans and their causes. That's the type of people that we need more of. Thanks for letting me share this.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you did. Man, Glad you did seven fifty five.
Speaker 1: If you five Krisity talk sees you know he's got a spot here to talk A former congressman one strip and keep up the great work, and I'll look forward to running into you real soon, because I know we're going to run into each other real soon.
Speaker 2: At that event coming.
Speaker 1: Up, we're gonna get the inside scoop from Bright Bartoney's London beureer chief Oliver Lane after the top of the air news, followed by Judge Anapolitano at eight thirty. I sure hope you can stick around.
Speaker 2: News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour, not gonna be complicated. It's going to go very fast. Fifty five KRC the talk station. This report is Spot