Speaker 1: Something you should go.
Speaker 2: Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis GOOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You could put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA backed by physical gold and silver. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide right now at Genesis Gold ir dot com. Excited to visit with Jerry Erbie. He's a very funny comedian from the Sioux Falls area, actually originally from Detroit but now lives in Sioux Falls, and he is one of the comics that will be joining me on Friday in t at Titans Tavern Event Center, two fifteen South Main Avenue. A big thank you to Top Gum Dental and Casey Jorgensen, financial advisor with Edward Jones. They are the sponsors of the event on Friday. We're raising money for the American Legion in Tea and the event is held right next door at Titans Tavern also known as the ta Event Center. Jerry, I'm excited to work with you on Friday. How you doing, sir, I'm going wonderful today. I about you, so I am fantastic. Now we're doing a fun event on Friday, I'm excited to work with you, and I'm also excited to work with Logan. And Logan is an Army veteran. You're an Air Force veteran. And this is a really nice fundraiser for the American Legion in Tea. So it's a fun event. You don't have to be a veteran to come out, but if you come out and join us as a veteran, I think you'll get a little more from it because both Jerry and Logan have some very funny comedy. And how long have you been doing comedy, Jerry? This is something that you've done just recently.
Speaker 1: Right, I've been.
Speaker 3: Doing a comedy since February of twenty twenty, so almost five years now, and.
Speaker 2: You've done more in the last five years than most comics do in ten years.
Speaker 3: Thanks for saying that.
Speaker 2: No, seriously, you've done very very well. And I'm a big fan of Jerry Irby and Jerry Irby's comedy. He's a hilarious guy, but he's also an awesome guy. And like I've said before, I enjoy watching the jokes where I get to see you at an open mic, and you do those from time to time, and you'll try out a new joke, and then the next week it'll be a little different. Then it'll be a little different. And you do a really good job of actually bringing these jokes forward and further and further and further until they're just right for a paid show. And to me, that's so much fun to watch. And it's so fun to watch you do that and make those jokes go through that progression.
Speaker 3: Man, you make me blush. Well, it is one of my favorite things about comedy, being able to do that, you know, going out there and seeing what's funny about this? And oh that's funny. I just did to say it right? Well how about this? And yeah, that is one of my favorite parts about the whole process.
Speaker 2: Well, and your I would say, your humor is very witty humor. It's it's humor.
Speaker 1: That you know.
Speaker 2: You you put a lot of time and effort into it. It's not just like my my jokes are lazy. I just got and tell people what really happened, and I keep doing dumb stuff like I don't have to put a lot of thought into it. I just tell people all the dumb things I do. But you have done such a good job of writing material that I don't know when you think this stuff up, because you know, you're a busy dude, but you somehow you come up with just the funniest stuff. And again, it's very witty and fun to watch.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you. Most of it is like I said before, it's just things that make myself laugh throughout the day. If I could make myself laugh at something and think I could translate that audibly to at futt of people, you know, and it just goes from there. Absolutely, that's the whole start of the process.
Speaker 2: And how long ago would you say it was that you realized that you wanted to do comedy. You started doing it like four or five years ago, But when was it the first time you thought I would like to try that.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Since I was a little kid, way small. It's actually one of the first things I remember wanting to be when I grew up, you know, And it's just, you know, life kind of took over and where I was living prior to twenty twenty, there was no comedy club. Yeah, so once I had the opportunity to, you know, try it out, films right on it.
Speaker 2: And I remember way back when you were brand new because I was also going to as many open mics as I could back then. I try to get to as many as I can now. Life is just a little too busy right now. But one of these days maybe I'll get to more. But I remember going and watching you and and it was like I said, to watch the progression of the jokes, and you did such a good job of taking something that was already funny. And then next week it's even funnier, and then the following week it's even funnier, and I just think that's there's a talent right there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And you know there's always that feeling of oh yeah, the crowd's laughing at that. They agree with me, this is funny. So there. You know, of course, thinking back on that, you're started thinking of more funny things to add on to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it's just a never ending cycle.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm excited to work with you again on Friday. Thank you very much for being a part of this with me, And I hope I didn't get you in trouble. You got a busy weekend and he decided that he was going to do this with us on Friday before the busy weekend.
Speaker 1: Everything's going to be okay though, right, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course the night before even is my birthday Thursday, so I've really got a show in Mitchell on my got a birthday show, and then Nice Day is our show in Tea on Friday. Well, and then I'll be out and Bill Fu South Dakota on Saturday. So it is a pretty good busy weekend.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, thank you very much for squeezing that in, and Happy Birthday a little bit early, and Happy Veterans Day one day late.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, thank you to both.
Speaker 1: Jerry Irby is our guest today.
Speaker 2: He will be one of the comics you'll see on Friday night in te South Dakota Titans Tavern Events Center, two fifteen South Main Avenue.
Speaker 1: If you'd like tickets, you can find them right now.
Speaker 2: There's a link at the website stand Up to Help dot com. Huge thank you to top Gum Dental and Edward Jones Financial advisor Casey Jorgenson for sponsoring the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: Because of that, we're able to make one hundred percent of ticket sales go directly to our nonprofit, and that is the American Legion in Tea. So if you get a chance, come on on us Friday night again. All of the details can be found at stand up to Help dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey, Something you should Know.
Speaker 2: Something you should Know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and silver guide now at Genesis gooldra dot com.