Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Extra business morning, good morning, This is E McMahon. And now ladies and gentlemen, see okay, wakey, wakey, hands off those cup Kak's rod Ryan Show. Check it in milk. Monday, most important thing on my paper in front of me hashtag Monday selfie is back. We're looking for your face on our Facebook page all morning long. Four of you in the six o'clock hour will win a parent tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Four of you. After you drop another selfie in the seven o'clock hour on our Facebook page, four of you will win rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party tickets. Eight o'clock hour, four more winners. Nine o'clock hour, four more winners. You're gonna have to drop a picture each hour though on our Facebook page. Chili will lead you. You don't have Facebook, I understand. We will have opportunities on the show today to get into the party on know the show. That'll be the last thing we do, and then Chili's gonna put another pair on Links and Guests today to keep you off me. If you're not on Facebook, you can go to Links and Guests. Every one of you can do that so Monday Selfie today, it's a huge We've never done anything like this before with this many tickets. That's gonna be fun to track all morning long autumn. Going for win number five. It's a huge morning for her. She's trying to make it into the fresh out of bed head to Head Hall of Fame. Chris Stapleton tickets in Homeroom on the Fun Fact Flashback Pit tickets all week at least up until Thursday to go see STP Live, Soul Asylum, your first chance on the Texas Hammer Game at seven twenty. Suburbs Summer Sizzler today, Roe Share Raw take It on clear Lake at eight twenty. This morning. I mean, it's I don't know how we're gonna do all of this, but we will. It's gonna be the busiest Monday in a long time. Ten percent chance of rain sunny hies of one two today. You heard me, Heat advisory in effect. Open the morning and out they can get the last couple of school districts going in today.
Speaker 3: You do you do?
Speaker 4: People are trickling in from Galveston, is is D and then Cyprus, Fairbanks and if you're starting school today this week, we just want to remind you to have a great school year.
Speaker 3: We will remind everyone back on the road.
Speaker 4: Hey, there's gonna be school zones in these areas and all over because kids are back. Kids are back school zones, kids walking, everything like that. We want to remind you to have a great day while you're back in class. That goes not just for students, but for teachers, the faculty, the staff.
Speaker 3: Everyone.
Speaker 4: Okay, so be safe getting back to school, and let's make this year a great year. On the national front, I got a little bit of a couple of things to talk about. The twenty twenty four Democratic National Convention starts today in Chicago. And then Ernesto is now a hurricane again.
Speaker 3: Remember that was downgraded.
Speaker 4: To a tropical storm, but it became a hurricane again yesterday. It's gonna be forecast to strengthen and that'll lead to swells in like the Bahamas, Bermuda, maybe some of the East coast here in the US. Just wanted to remind you guys of that. All right, let's talk about some other stuff. There's some new data out which shows airports with the longest walks, and some airports really force you to get your steps in the Dallas.
Speaker 3: Fort Worth International Airport.
Speaker 4: There are the longest distance between gates. You'll walk two point one six miles. I'm talking about from baggage checking area to the furthest gates. Okay, Number two, Washington Doles International Airport, you're talking over one and a half miles to get to your gate possibly, and then number three can't leave Houston out.
Speaker 3: Here, George Bush.
Speaker 4: The longest distance you're gonna have to walk from baggage to get to your gate about one and a half miles one point five to two.
Speaker 2: So if you can ride that little mister Rogers trolley in the basement here, that little rickety thing that'll get you around.
Speaker 5: There, you go.
Speaker 3: I love it. You guys are traveling man.
Speaker 4: Walking in those airports can be brutal sometimes, especially when you're.
Speaker 3: Cutting it close, all right.
Speaker 4: A new sad detail concerning the day Matthew Perry died was revealed in some new documents. That day, his living assistant it did inject him with kettamine three times, eight thirty, twelve, forty five, and then one thirty. Before that final injection, Matthew asked her to shoot him up with a big one.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so hard to hear.
Speaker 4: Following that order, Matthew went in his hot tub while he ran some errands. Oh sorry, it was a guy that lived in assistant, not a girl, I said she. But when he returned, he found Matthew face down in the water of his hot times.
Speaker 2: Super said, Matthew Perry would have been fifty five today. It's his birthday.
Speaker 3: Very sad, very sad.
Speaker 4: Okay, Coldplay's current music of the Sphear's World Tour just became the highest grossing rock tour of all time. It made nine hundred and forty five point seven million dollars and sold eight point eight million tickets. This is since it kicked off in March of twenty twenty. But yeah, highest grossing rock pers you want to read about him, go ahead. Coldplay's at the top of that list, followed by Elton John YouTube, Guns and Roses and The Rolling Stones.
Speaker 3: Those are you sent?
Speaker 2: Saidlines. I don't think there's any other band. I know Taylor Swift as a solo artist, but as a band, I don't think any other band works harder than Coldplay and works during their show and makes you feel like, Okay, this is why I spent this money. They're so, I mean, I never listened to Coldplay, but seeing them live is an absolute experience. All right, Astros, Yeah, they got another win yesterday.
Speaker 6: They shut out the White Sox two to nothing. Kramer Valdez give up just three hits over seven solid innings of work, and the Astros took two of three from Chicago over the weekend. They also have a four game lead over the Mariners for first place in the Al West. Things are looking pretty good for the Astros right now. Today they're gonna open up a three game series with the Red Sox at minute. Made you say Kakucci will be in the Mountain for this year, is going up against Boston's Tanner Hawk first pitches at seven to ten, and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 3: That what's going on in sports?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, just checking our Facebook page. All right, Chilly, he's gonna load that up at six o'clock. You're on hashtag Monday, selfie. I'll explain it all again to you. Four winners in the six o'clock hour, We're gonna win a pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. Gotta drop a picture on our Facebook page or sign up on links and guests open up these phone lights. Jay, he's gonna be busy today. He's gonna be mad here. Yeah, it's gonna be one of those days for your twin. Why don't you go help mom?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: If you want a first phone call, come get it. Seven one three two one two five ninety four five. Truly the most interactive show on the radio, I mean maybe of all time. Ninety four five The Buzz Semi Sonics closing time right out of the gate, Rod Ryan's Show Monday. Welcome back to the weekend, everybody. I hope you had a great weekend. It's gonna be insanely busy this morning. And as soon as I woke up, I said, okay, today was one of those days where I did hop up out of bed. I don't do that all the time. I'm not pumped about my alarm going off at three fifteen today, got up jumped up because I knew it was gonna be insanely busy on this but I'm looking forward to it. One of my favorite things is back hashtag Monday selfie. We've done this in the past where we've given you some cash just because we want to see you. We want to put you up on the We want you to post your pictures up on our Facebook page. We're doing that again today all morning long. The difference is every hour you got a chance to win. So we're gonna post ourselves four times on our Facebook page. So right now we're in the six o'clock hour, We're six minutes in. We got about fifty of you up on our Facebook page. Already. All you have to do, you don't have to do hashtag, no nothing, there's no nothing special has to be in your picture. Nothing. We just want to see you. Okay, you drop a selfie on our Facebook page. In the six o'clock hour, four of you are going to win tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. This is the one you got to win your win in. Okay, So we're just getting nutty on tickets today. The twentieth anniversary party is going down October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. We got performances from Shine Down Blue, October, Sublime Theory, dead Man in the Xsis. You cannot buy your way in. You have to win your way in now, Oh, Rod, I don't have Facebook. Well, okay, that's cool, Chili said, you know what, get off our butt. I'm gonna put another pair of tickets on Links and guests today. Well I don't have the internet. Well, come on, give a phone, because I'm gonna have you call in and win a pair on Know the Show. So Facebook, links and guests and on air today twelve sixteen seventeen eighteen pair of tickets.
Speaker 3: Cold, is that right?
Speaker 2: Sixteen seventeen eighteen pair of tickets today till the Rob Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. Well, jeez, Rod, you don't give any tickets? Yeah, with eighteen pair today, a whole lot, eighteen pair. All right, hashtake Monday selfie. It's my favorite thing. I'm looking at you guys already you look great. Just keep in mind when you do it at the six o'clock hour. If you don't win, you're gonna have to repost. You want to use the same picture, I don't care snap another one. You're gonna have to post all morning long. All right, guys, hot today true temperature hot could hit one O two today. That's dumb. That's dumb, Sonny in one o two ten percent chance of rain? What else? Autumn huge morning for her. She's like, Rod, what are you gonna do? None of that matters to me, Rod Autumn going for win number five fresh out of bed head to Head challenge. That's right, she's one two questions away from going into the Hall of Fame for the fresh out of bed head to Head Chris Staple. The tickets are coming your way. In home room and a lot of phone lines ring in.
Speaker 5: It's in time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: Okay, looks like Isaiah's got a huge morning. Isaiah. All right, good morning, Hey dude, good morning to you. I'm surprised you even have time to talk to us this morning. Tell everybody what you're doing. Oh, I'm thinking my daughter for a first day of tenth grade today. Way to go, Way to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just stopped the Starbucks and now we're stopping for donuts and about starbars were even for one of her best friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Starbucks for both of you. Is she a coffee drinker?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: When did she start? When did she start drinking coffee?
Speaker 1: Do you know when you started drinking coffee?
Speaker 2: She was thirteen thirteen stressful My sister went early in that coffee situation for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not full cups, but you know she takes some here and there, but now she gets a full order.
Speaker 2: What's your daughter's name, Isaiah? At least let me pass it to you. Why am I talking to you? Let me talk to her?
Speaker 5: Right right?
Speaker 2: Not my day, it's her. It's all about her. Hey, good morning, good morning, good morning. So I mean you're in tenth grade. You've done this so many times already. Is there still like butterflies going into the first day or is it just no big deal another day? Yeah, it's no big deal anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah you first day?
Speaker 2: Okay, tenth grade? So at this point, I mean in tenth grade. I hate to put all that kind of pressure on you. But in tenth grade, are you even thinking about like after high school? And are you taking certain classes because you're starting to get yourself into a certain area that you're interested in.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I've been thinking about it, like what since the beginning of middle school? Oh? Really? So what do you want to do? What do you want to do after high school? I want to go get my PhD and become a psychiatrist.
Speaker 3: All right, you like school? I hope?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, is this a tradition. Do you and your dad do this every year?
Speaker 1: We just started this year.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's nice. That is so awesome. All right, well listen, have an awesome first day of school. Okay, thank you, all right, thank you, Isaiah. I appreciate you sharing that moment with us. Let me take a short break when we come back, a rerect check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge autumn. Get your butt up Houston for Houston's.
Speaker 7: Alternative and tell them at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. MILF Monday hashtag Monday Selfie. Couple hundred of you all have already dropped. I mean we're twenty minutes into the hour, and a couple hundred of you have already dropped your selfie on our Facebook page. Four winners this hour. All you gotta do is just drop a pick. Four winners will win a pair of rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary tickets. It's another pair sitting there on links and guests today. Some all these guys ten percent chanceer rain high of one oh two. No, not yet, do that. Let's find out what's trending.
Speaker 4: Astros fans are very happy this morning. They're doing so well. And also some really good news for the shortstop Maricio. He and his wife Nancy announced that they have a baby on the way, So they announced that just a few hours before the Astros beat the White Sox for the second game in a row.
Speaker 3: So it's very nice.
Speaker 4: I received hundreds of congratulatory posts in the reply, and yeah, we've he's.
Speaker 3: Made has made quite the mark on the in the lineup, Mauricio dubond there.
Speaker 4: Speaking of baseball, the Bernie Little League team will play Florida tonight.
Speaker 3: Bernie is just.
Speaker 4: Outside of San Antonio, so it is a Texas team that played Florida tonight in the Little League World Series.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna wish them good luck.
Speaker 4: The first pitching Williams Fort Pennsylvania tonight at six pm. And then, oh, eggs are getting more expensive again. Prices for eggs climbed up nineteen point one percent in July compared with the same month last year. So you know, if you have an egg to eat, appreciate it. That's what's trending on under four to five of the Buzz.
Speaker 8: Good morning, everybody, this is autumn, your fresh out of bed four day champions. Boy, they're still drooling and I'm still ruling. So join me on Monday as I get into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Did y seven one three two one two five nine four five. Don't bring me your nonsense. Okay, save the nonsense for tomorrow. If you think that you're super awesome and you can stop her from getting into the Hall of Fame. I need killers on this morning, Okay, I need all killer, no filler seven one three two one two five nine four five. Attention station in plays.
Speaker 9: Now that school is back accession, we are transforming the station's daycare area into a Marbury.
Speaker 7: The bar.
Speaker 5: N Rynane.
Speaker 2: The ninety four five the Buzz. That was quick That Oliver Tree doesn't have much to say. Minute and a half song. We're back at it. We're ready to go with the game. Okay, Hope, you're off to a great start to your day. I love seeing all your faces, seeing all your smiling, shiny smiles. Your pictures up on our Facebook page hashtag Monday selfie. Many of you understood the assignment this morning very good. Good luck to you in winning tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. So many people will be added to the party today. What did we say sixteen seventeen eighteen pair of tickets today on the show? Ten percent chance of rain sunny, high of one. Two. Let's just play this game right here and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners, Autumn, good morning.
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it a good morning? Or is it about to be a good morning?
Speaker 8: It's gonna be a great morning.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a great morning. Okay, I like that. I like that. Listen. You're going for win number five here. Okay, stop messing around, yeap, okay, stop messing around. Okay, your two tickets, two questions away from going into the Hall of Fame. Although Daniel says that's enough of this, it's enough of this boy's drooling thing. Hey Daniel, Hey, good morning, good morning dude. Do I have a killer on the phone? I said, no nonsense.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Did you hear the part about no nonsense this morning? For people calling in, We're here, okay to do it. He's here, all right, This is Daniel what are they playing for?
Speaker 3: I've got a pair of tickets.
Speaker 4: Is Sammy Hagar So the best of both World Stour is coming to Woodlands Pavili in August twenty third, and I've got tickets to that.
Speaker 2: What a show? What a show? Autum? You ready?
Speaker 8: I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Okay? Daniel? Have you played before? I? Have you ever win once? Like one game or like one Hall of Fame? Just one game? You won one game? One game? This is the killer you sent me. Okay, here we go, Daniel, Daniel in Autumn, shout out you name when you think you know the answer. Okay, peep's listen, listen very carefully. Here there's a lot on the line here. What eighties hairstyle? Short in the front, along in the back, Autumn, the mullet, the mullets. Okay, she got you on that, Daniel. Okay, what them likes to lose? That first question? Normally she's trying something a little different today. Yeah, okay, here we go. Next question for the win, Autumn or for Daniel to step up? What type of rock does Marilyn Monroe think is a girl's best friend?
Speaker 1: Daniel Autumn?
Speaker 2: Daniel, diamond diamonds are a girl's best friend. Marilyn did tell us that back in the day, Autumn with the diamond ring question. Now we got our This is where Autumn is. This is where Autumn sits. She's always like a wild card for the win. Autumn. You're there, I'm here, Daniel, you ready, yes, sir? In what television show did main characters Dorothy, Blanche, Sophia and Rose Daniel Autumn for the win, the Golden Girls Winner? Hall of Fame? Hall of Fame?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, I'll do all the congratulating with her in a minute. Daniel, you made that a great game, dude, you made that a great game this morning. So thank you for that. All right. You didn't Monday that at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought you were great. But mad as good as Autumn. Autumn was just a little bit better, it wasn't she Hey, you're in the Hall of Fame, I am. I guess dudes, you're still drooling and you're still ruling. You're right. That's been a funny line all week. It's been a funny line. Okay, got a list of people you need to think or could we just get this over with all right? Yeah? Because he was the one that pushed you to send in a picture that first day when everybody was beating up about sending something in. That's awesome, and he's listening to me, now, oh that's so great. Okay, well listen, five days of winnings, all the great tickets and all the stuff you want, but most importantly you are in that number. You're in for the end of the year. The fresh out of bed had to head Tournament of Champions. Okay, all right, it's been for ever since we put somebody in the Hall of Fame. Forgot Planet Fitness. You get a year membership, one thousand dollars going to the winner this year of the whole damn thing. So good luck to you in that. Now you just put on cruise control. You can relax until November. All right, Oh all right, great work on him. We never have slow days around here.
Speaker 10: Right ran show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five of us.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five buzz thirty seconds from Mars mcquil Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Hashtag Monday Selfie. Over three hundred of you now have dropped a selfie on our Facebook page right there underneath Chili. It's gonna be hard to outdo chili selfie this morning he went first. So four hours of show today as always, but each hour we're gonna grab four people from our Facebook page and giveaway tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. Now at seven o'clock, one of us on the show. We're gonna have a new selfie up there, and then you've got to repost. We're not gonna look at those six o'clock submissions anymore. Each hour, we're going to grab four of you to come and join us for the Win Your Way In party. Okay, there's a chance on links and guests as well. Sunny Skys ten percent chanceer rain high of one o two. Today we got another Hall of Famer fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 8: Good morning everybody, This is Autumn. I am. You are fresh out of bed head to ahead Hollin Kane number number eight for twenty twenty four. And you know the Vine girls rule and boys. Drew and I see nothing but Drew and Dude here in the hall. Listen to me dominate at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: As I take it off, it is I told her she was really really fun to have on all last week. It's a great champion right there.
Speaker 3: What do we do?
Speaker 2: We don't stop there tomorrow, fresh Fish, you've been waiting thirty days. Who is going to be the next person in the Hall of Fame who can win five in a row. We'll put you on tomorrow. Okay, every morning, fresh out of bed, head to your head and you get rolling with that. At around six twenty, Chris Stapleton, tickets coming up for you on air with the flashback. But I did bring in some new fun facts for you.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that's of the day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart and funny. Ere buddies, it's the fuck that's to the day. Okay, there's some new fun facts for you this morning. Scientific American is the oldest magazine in the United States. It's been published for the last really one hundred and seventy four years without any break, you guys, big Scientific American Magazine readers.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't have a subscription anymore more. Of a reader's dress.
Speaker 2: My dad used to get Popular Science and Popular Mechanics. We would have those laying around when we were little kids. That's old one and seventy four years. Wow.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Fargo, North Dakota was named after William Fargo. Who's William Fargo? Well, he's a guy that founded Wells Fargo.
Speaker 5: That is fu.
Speaker 2: Who Fargo? It's fun to say who banks with Wells Fargo?
Speaker 3: Not I?
Speaker 6: People in Philadelphia? Another sponsored arena there is it?
Speaker 2: Okay? It's like when people ask, like who goes to Arby's? Who banks with Fargo? Somebody does? Finally, wagons, covered wagons. They have a they still have like a drive up for covered wagons there in the Atmisle.
Speaker 3: Can't go in a car, but only a wagon.
Speaker 2: All right, Now, who on the show has this? I don't know this. Who's got a second toe that's longer than their big toe?
Speaker 3: Oh? Me, for sure?
Speaker 2: You have that way longer, way.
Speaker 3: Like my second toe is like a finger. It's like a little baby pinky.
Speaker 11: You.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, No, you don't think so. I feel like I would know if I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would know, He says, your twin, Well you're twin, so okay, Normy, Having a second toe that's longer than your big toe is called do you know what it's called?
Speaker 3: Being awesome? You have it awesome.
Speaker 2: It's a Morton's toe. Morton's toe that's neat you if you need any backup. The Statue of Liberty was built with a Morton's toe.
Speaker 3: Who's better than the lady is?
Speaker 2: That's the day we make you look smart the day.
Speaker 4: Okay, talk about these tickets here I will, because this is a good show. Chris Stapleton is on his All American Road Show tour August twenty fourth's stopping through Minute Made Park with I had a Lambert and Grace Potter.
Speaker 3: So we've got tickets to that already. Sure.
Speaker 2: So two people won the one million dollar prize and are you Smarter than a fifth grader? One was what a superintendent, superintendent of schools, and then the other one was like a Nobel prize guy, a physics dude professor at UC Berkeley. But two people won half a million dollars on are you Smarter than a fifth grader? Give me one of the two, or if you want to just show off, give me both of them. But yeah, two people won a half a million on that show. Seven to one three two one two five nine four five for Chris Stapleton tickets. It's now time for rock out with your stock Out with Captain Cash. Good morning, Harold, brother, Good morning. This guy way smarter than a fifth grader, way six sixth grader as but fifth grader way he can dominate?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Help? How do we do on Wall Street on Friday? Already it was a good day.
Speaker 11: The Dow is up ninety six points kick off this morning forty thousand, six fifty nine. NASA got thirty six to seventeen thousand and six thirty one.
Speaker 2: Bench mar ten.
Speaker 11: Your treasuries trading at a three point eight seven percent in oil stands at seventy six dollars nine cents of barrow to the most actives, the big studs, Bowie, Cisco and Verizon, Big DUTs, Caterpillar, Microsoft, and am Gen.
Speaker 2: The economic calendar this morning. Well, it's all clear right now. Futures. Hey, they are on the eipside. Hang on to this. I have a pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's it. I'm I had to hear.
Speaker 11: This is Hawlane manage to Director Wooden, Ramy James Porter for the rod Line Show from Ram Jamesohn, Sam up and guts and duf get Dolwy's a rock out with your stock at.
Speaker 7: Bamian's expressed are those of Howland and not necessarily those are Raymon James and Associates. Income Ever, NYC, AS, IBC, IART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 5: We'll continue.
Speaker 7: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAND because programs are educational and informational services on LIA, the studs of duds are based on movement as reported by Young Finance, by Planet.
Speaker 2: Fitness, It sure is we got another Hall of Famer ninety four to five buzz welcome back. Spoiler alert, Autumn goes in. I told her got a chance to plant it. Fitness A year membership in one thousand dollars is going to the winner this year of the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Tournament of Champions. So we'll start with some brand new players tomorrow, but right now, it sure is. Good morning.
Speaker 8: Who's on the phone, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hi Daniel, welcome to the show. How are you good?
Speaker 3: How about ya?
Speaker 6: How is was the weekend?
Speaker 2: Wonderful? Thank you for asking? Two people won the one million dollar prize and are you smarter than a fifth grader. But two people won half a million on that show, and we knew both of them. We know both of them. Do you know them or one of them? To be good?
Speaker 5: Old Jean Simmons f kitch.
Speaker 2: Jean Simmons won half a million and then the then unknown Ken Jennings, he won five hundred thousand dollars to are you smarter than a fifth grader? Uh? You just won on The Rod Ryan Show. What do you giveing them?
Speaker 4: You get the Chris Ableton ticket to congratulations Salon.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I been trying to win these tickets for the longest.
Speaker 6: All right, fool to be excited?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got him.
Speaker 2: Wife is gonna be excited. Dude. You should have a fun evening, all right, all right, thanks for being home room, hang on for me, blood what Eddy two ninety four? The bus, the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Hashtag Monday selfie over four hundred of you now it's four fifty, four hundred and fifty pictures have been dropped just in home Room trying to win the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. Chilie's got another pair on links and guests. It's gonna be fun. To see which hour produces the most entries. Chilie's gonna grab four names. He's gonna give you a pair of tickets to the anniversary show. He will announce at seven o five the six am winners. But keep in mind seven o'clock one of our selfies will go up here on the show, and then you'll have to drop another selfie. Four winners each hour. Tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Good luck. Ten percent chance of rain. Sonny highs of one o two, which is reckless. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Up in the morning and out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even though it's hot, doesn't mean kids aren't get getting back to class this week. So we had, you know, kids, schools trickling in a lot last week. But now Cyprus, Fairbanks, it's your turn, Galveston, it is your turn. Get back in there, Get back in there safely to all the educator's faculty and staff. Make it a great first day and make it a great year back to school.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know, I.
Speaker 4: Know you can get a little hectic out there just looking at the traffic map, but now we got to share the roads even more so because there are school zones. Are are kids walking to school this morning, and we want to be mindful of them, all right, So happy first day back from the Rod Ryan Show. The curtain will rise on the Democratic National Convention in Chicago today. President Biden spent the weekend at Camp David, supposedly working on his keynote.
Speaker 3: Address with his top aids.
Speaker 4: He is expected to make his case for Vice President Kamala Harris to succeed him when he speaks to the delegate delegates. It's going to be nationally televised tonight, Monday night, so I'll tweet.
Speaker 3: Out the details if that's something you want.
Speaker 4: The Chicago Police and the Secret Service say they're working together to bolster security at the Democratic National Convention.
Speaker 3: Why are you laughing because I say that's something you want?
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, I'm not here for the Republican National Convention.
Speaker 3: Democratic National Convention. Good cheer each other on, have fun. I want to see the debates.
Speaker 4: I want to see candidates go head to head toe for toe that I will be tuning in for it and I will have the time ready for you.
Speaker 2: But these things are just I don't know. That's okay, They're both. I know people are into it, But there's enough of it out there. I don't think we need to tell people where and when to go to that stuff. Okay, we're off the hook on that.
Speaker 4: I think people aren't flying to the X right now to go see the times.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna sweet out.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Little rude, Little rude.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about high heels being uncomfortable. You know, women these days prefer fashion that isn't painful.
Speaker 3: If you look at the way the young.
Speaker 4: Kids dress, I mean they were in tennis shoes to the club. Now it's all about comfort.
Speaker 3: There was also a viral post about high heels scream try hard, old person.
Speaker 4: But if comfort is the issue, there's a new shoe on the scene. Sarah Blakeley is the founder of Spanks and she's revealed a new shoe called.
Speaker 3: Sneaks spelled s n e e X. They're high heeled sneakers.
Speaker 4: She's been working on the concept for nine years and they will finally debut tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You people don't wear high heels.
Speaker 3: That's not the fashion. They got to the club.
Speaker 4: They wear those baggy highwaisted jeans, crocs. They wear usually like a solid black or white shirt. They put their hair in a low ponytail, and they wear tennis shoes.
Speaker 3: That's how they dress so hot.
Speaker 4: I mean I I kind of like respect it.
Speaker 3: They're like, we're not dressing. We're trying to be comfortable.
Speaker 2: But you know, how about how about going out in jammis and furry slippers.
Speaker 3: That's X next Generation, that's the Alphas.
Speaker 2: That's the worst.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lamy Wilson is expectedly returning to Yellowstone, So the final six episodes begin airing on November tenth, and they're saying, you can be a part of this if you want, because the show will film a concert. They'll be filming concert scenes at the stockyards in Fort Worth, and they're looking for extras.
Speaker 3: It's a paid gig, so they.
Speaker 4: Want men and women of all ethnicities eighteen and older. They're paying one hundred and ten bucks for ten hours of work, with overtime paid possible.
Speaker 3: So we have the email.
Speaker 4: You can send if you want to be casted as an extra in the Lady Wilson episodes of Yellowstone.
Speaker 3: Put DFW in.
Speaker 4: The subject line and they'll they'll all the instructions that buff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a link up on links and yes, It's.
Speaker 4: Been a while since we've had new music from Live, but that counters now reset to zero. Live founder Ed Kowalzik said the announcement before the release of new single Lady Banks. She got me rolling that this is the last cocktail before closing time.
Speaker 3: But hey, new music. They're going on a nationwide tour.
Speaker 4: We've been giving away tickets to so in toup of pilots, we're going to do that in the seven twenty hour. We've got a pair of pit tickets for someone to win. But those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Pretty good saw them things. Got one of the DeLillo brothers on there, so they must be getting along well out on tour together. Okay.
Speaker 6: I like Astro's got another win yesterday They shut out the White Sox two to nothing. Former Valdez gave up just three hits over seven solid innings work.
Speaker 3: Astros took two of three against Chicago over the weekend.
Speaker 6: They are also four games ahead of the Mariners for first place in the Al West. Tonight, they're going to open up a three game series with the Red Sox. You say, Kakucci will be in the mountin for the Straws going up against Boston's Tanner how first pitches at seven ten, and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety on.
Speaker 2: The sports blog page.
Speaker 3: Today, you've seen the gift from Breaking Bad where it's just Aaron Paul Young. He can't keep getting away with this.
Speaker 6: Yes, Patrick Mahomes threw a behind the back pass to Travis Kelceyes, just like it's not fair.
Speaker 3: You can't just you can't throw behind.
Speaker 2: Your back, dude, So what what do you do at all? Would he do that in a real game?
Speaker 6: Well, he said Travis ran the wrong route and so he was trying to punish him, but then Travis caught it.
Speaker 3: So it doesn't matter if he runs the wrong route. They're gonna win another suit.
Speaker 2: We're gonna watch him win another suit.
Speaker 3: Well, we're just gonna sit there, like, why, I hope you haven't even started.
Speaker 2: It hasn't even started.
Speaker 3: You can't just give him the shoot the championship again.
Speaker 2: Would he have done that in a real game, Yeah, he would. He's a freak. He's a psychopath and he can do anything he wants.
Speaker 6: No one can touch him because he's Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: You kidding this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's insane. It is absolutely I.
Speaker 6: Watched this one hundred times this morning. I can't believe he did it. It's an NFL player doing a behind the back pass? How how is this allowed?
Speaker 2: Sportsblockcas behind the back pass and a reception and it was caught.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is like, yeah, all right, guys, that's stupid.
Speaker 2: Chili's gonna close out the first hour of hashtag Monday selfie. I can't wait to see what hour is home I'm gonna have the most pictures submitted or with the seven what hour is gonna be the biggest hour for selfies?
Speaker 4: I think the last one home room and then the last The last one will be first, and then home room because people are gonna be scrambling so much.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because nine o'clock people start their workday and then they get busy and doing other things. I don't know. Home room might be the might be the champion today. But you've got a minute and a half to drop your selfie to be qualified for the four pair of tickets that we give away in the six o'clock hour. Chili makes that announcement at seven oh five, and by that time we'll be taking submissions for the seven o'clock hour. I know, it's just a ton of opportunities to get into the Road Ryan Show, twentieth anniversary party, all morning long.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, the Bus ninety four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, and Papa Roach just kicked your ass right there.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the seven o'clock hour, everybody. I've got seven oh four, wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky. That's it for the schools right today is like the last the districts. They're all open now today, I believe.
Speaker 4: So I saw someone that we're open in August twenty third.
Speaker 2: Let me eat some much shocks. Okay. It just seems like just about everybody's back today. So lots of school buses out there, lots of people joining the show that haven't been a part of the show. Like, okay, well school's back now. I got to get back into my routine, got to get my kid ready and all that stuff. Let's put on the Rod Ryan Show. So I like that, So welcome back those of you that maybe took the summer off from us. I used to get upset about it. I'm over it. Okay, you just drop us. You just drop us during the summer, and then we welcome you back every single year. We give you a big hug and we act like we don't care. We're just happy that you're back with us. Okay, huge day today, and I'm gonna throw it over to Chile because he's gonna announce our first winners today. But I do gotta tell you it just ridiculously hot today. Okay, sunny skies, ten percent chance of rain, true temperatures hies up about one to oh two. Now, let's talk about some of the radio funness, some of the fun things that are happening all the actual radio Suburb Summer Sizzler. Next hour, Roe Sharon. Okay, Anthony, you know him right, everybody in Roe Charon knows him. Uh and Kristin from Clearlake. They're gonna take on each other in the Suburb Summer Sizzler. Winner goes into the Great Eight. These are all Sweet sixteen games. Right now, we have pit tickets Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday because the show is Thursday night. We'll get you into the pit for STP Live and Soul Asylum. Did you say it'd been six seven years since Live released new music? Believe so yeah, it's been a while. So there is a new live song that is on the music blog page today and he's got one of the Delio brothers from STP on the song. So that's why I said they must be really really getting along. Well, that tour will be here Thursday night. We'll get you into the pit coming up on the Texas Hammer Game. So busy today, So busy today. Let's talk about this hashtag Monday selfie gonna I'm gonna keep track of myself. Five hundred and fifty six of you dropped to selfie in the six o'clock hour. Chili has chosen four of you, and it was Chili was the bait, like it was his selfie that was up. He's got me in there. Now you're gonna have to redrop a selfie in the seven o'clock hour. Could I use the same picture? Yeah, if you want to be lazy, sure you give them another picture of yourself. I don't care what you do, but you do have to redrop a picture now in the seven o'clock hour. Who are our four six AM winners?
Speaker 1: We have Tammy Robertson, Linda Rochelle, Nick Jones, Nick Jones hoop, Nick Jones, Nick Jones, and then Ryan Patterson.
Speaker 2: Okay, it sounds fun, you lucky sobs. Yeah, that's four people out of five hundred and fifty six. Chili, you're the web guy. What hour is going to produce the most selfies, the most submissions?
Speaker 1: The one that we just had, I believe so just because Home Room, everybody, Yeah, everybody's getting ready to go in on the move and they're like, you know what, let me get this out of the way so I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's going to be hard to beat Home Room. There's a rumor going around that I always say that, like they're my favorites. I don't know where that started. Well, it could be where that started. Listen. I love you all. I love everybody in every hour here on the show.
Speaker 3: I don't know where to take one group the other where this talk.
Speaker 2: Comes from that I love people that are in the six o'clock hour more than the other hours. I issue a challenge to the seven o'clock hour. You know what, because Chili is also going to say it's because his picture was up in Home Room.
Speaker 1: So now you yes, you are What do you think I posted the one with a shirtless one.
Speaker 2: I know at the end of the show he's gonna say, well, the hour that you used me is the bait, Rod was the biggest hour. I mean, I am issuing a challenge to you in the seven o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Now, are your shirtless on that I want? No, I'm not well then I.
Speaker 2: Want I want more than five hundred and fifty six submissions this hour. Okay, Chili? Yeah? Maybe okay? And you heard that, you heard Alex He's gonna maybe put a shirtless selfie up there later.
Speaker 3: Maybe I pants too, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, but what But what's key is, Chili, if somebody dropped, if one of the if you're one of those five hundred and fifty six people that dropped a picture in the six o'clock hour, we're no longer even looking at those right.
Speaker 1: Now, that post has already been unpinned. So now if you go to thett Ryan Show Facebook page, is me the first pin pose you'll see, you'll be Rod right there. That's the one you want to drop your selfis in on this hour?
Speaker 2: Bro, I didn't know we were and topless. I mean I didn't was there a memo. Was there a text that I was left off of? I mean, I feel like I feel silly wearing a shirt.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: I was at the pool this Friday, and you know what I said before, I forget, I forget. Let me just take a selfie and it just happens that, you know, the goods were shown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so all right, you have a bonus for us.
Speaker 2: You have from now until eight and then Chili will be back on with us in an hour at eight oh five, and he'll announce the four seven o'clock winners, and then we'll do it for the eight o'clock hour and the nine o'clock hour. The thing is about the nine o'clock hour. We're gonna give those way before we get out of here. But you also put a pair of rod Ryan showed twentyth anniversary tickets on links and guests to get the another on Facebook. Guy off your ass, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know we want to cover everybody. You don't want anybody feel left out, So you did it on links. I guess you just gotta do a little work though, So just just just a little work.
Speaker 2: It's nothing, bro, it's seventy ten. There's two hundred and fifty six pictures already.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Oh you're going down, baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I doesn't matter. The winners are the listeners.
Speaker 2: You're going down, all right. So this is the fun thing that we're doing, you know, just to give away some extra tickets to load up that party. Man, it's going to be the best twentyth anniversary party. We want to get as many of you in as possible. We'll also give away a pair on air today on Know the Show. The party I'm talking about the twentieth anniversary party. It's October twelfth at the Carbox Brewery. We have unplugged performances from Shine Down Blue October, Sublime, Fear of a Dead Man, the Exes, and you. Maybe if you do the right thing and drop a selfie, good luck to you this hour. Okay, we got We are doing other things right, Oh yeah we are, Buddy, call May how to win the best game in Houston? Who wants it? Now? Did you think we were not gonna play the Texas Amber Game? Crazy three games today on the show. By the way, congratulations to Autumn and Home Room spoiler alert win number five. She's in the Hall of Fame. It was a really good game too, man, you're gonna podcast that about to go?
Speaker 3: Get it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay for pit tickets to STP Live Soul Asylum, get in Q, get in the queue with the Chile. Now, with all this work he's doing, he does not like he must have had a good time at that pool this weekend. He sounds like he's in a pretty good mood today running around topless seven one, three two. If you want to play the Texas Hammer game.
Speaker 9: He used his rock housed hisselfernative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety four to five the bus, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, MILF Monday. Sure check that box, welcome back for the weekend. Hope it was a great weekend for you. Check that box. Who had six picks?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's check that box.
Speaker 1: Is that up?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I sent him to Chile? Uh, probably within the within the first hour.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this show, So those are a corpus. There's some picks from that.
Speaker 2: Okay, very good. Here's a box that I might need to check. Tell me, are the people that listen in the seven o'clock hour my favorite?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Some people are saying they're more active than homerooms five hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: Six pictures dropped for Monday Selfie in the first hour of the show aka homeroom, Great hour, Great people up early with us. Over six hundred pictures have been dropped. Wow, twenty one minutes into the seven o'clock hour. Wow, are you my favorites?
Speaker 3: You might have to get them a shirt.
Speaker 2: We got to create a shirt for every hour.
Speaker 3: Maybe depends all.
Speaker 2: Right, sunny skies today ten percent chance of rain high of one oh two, so I'll steal your thunder. Trend trending is the rod Ryan Show Facebook page? It is. I've never seen anything like this before. Never have we had this kind of activity. We've done all kinds of this silly contest, but Monday Selfie is back. Over six hundred and well now six hundred and thirty five people have hosted a selfie and why because they want to win. Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary tickets. There are four pair that are up for grabs in this hour, and then we'll do it all again in the eighth and the nine o'clock hours, So that truly is trending. What else?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Bruno Mars has been in the news cycle a lot for a couple of reasons. I'll tell you why. So he has a new single out with Lady Gaga. People were like, oh my god, this is a collapse. This is the deal that we didn't know we needed. Also in the news cycle because he gave a concert at this brand new arena. It's a first ever event in Englewood, California's it's an.
Speaker 3: Into It Dome two billion dollar Dome.
Speaker 4: Started two hours late because the arena's glitchy facial recognition system really slowed down, like entry getting everyone in.
Speaker 2: But does he still want to funk you up? I think so? Okay, I think so.
Speaker 4: Jaylo was at the concert too, Jalo was at the concert. That was kind of going a little viral.
Speaker 2: As long as he still wants to funk you up, I'm down for Bruno. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Also, turn out the vote. Ben and Jerry's that's their new flavor. It's a vanilla ice cream with fudge, chimps, retzels, and chocolate moose.
Speaker 3: Ben and Jerry's your flavor, turn out the vote. That's what's trending on Eddie for five of the buzz.
Speaker 2: This is dam Mandler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 3: Hey, Rod.
Speaker 2: Where do I put myself in with Ron Ryan on ninety four by the b All right, we are doing other things today on the show. This is for pitt tickets to STP Live Soul Asylum. We are playing this game right now, right Oh yeah, okay, just make sure good morning. Who's on the phone, dude? Hello?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Good morning? Who am I talking to?
Speaker 1: Others?
Speaker 8: Rob?
Speaker 2: Rob, Good to have you on. Rob. Okay, dude, I'm gonna play you a clip of the Great Texas Hammer. You're gonna have to tell me the name of the song and the band and I'll reward and I will reward you handsomely for that, uh pit for pit tickets. Okay, so you don't want to mess this one up. All right, Rob, r Ob you ready? Okay, give me the band, give me the song title. Something is bubbling behind my back? Oh, that's not a lot. That's not a lot, Rob, Name of the band, name of the song, three oh man. Maybe Amber is the color of the energy. Good morning Amber, Good morning, good morning Amber. Okay, let's take a listen. Something is bubbling behind my back Amber, name of the band, name of the song, Say it in show by wee.
Speaker 3: Wow, that was impressive.
Speaker 2: There wasn't much. That's that's one of the shorter lyrics. You didn't want him to cut anymore on that one. That was tight. Uh, Amber, you just won. Oh thank yeah. Okay, listen, no open toes. Okay, tell her what she's won.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: Pit tickets to see stp with Live and Soul Asylum this Thursday night at Woodland's.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, awesome, Thank you so much, Sumber.
Speaker 2: We got the right person here for the pit. You good with that? Okay, You're gonna do just fine down there, all right, Amber, well done, Thank you, Texas Hammer.
Speaker 10: Twenty years so Mayhem in the morning with the run Ryan Show only on.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five the bus something is butling behind my ball, okay, ninety four or five buzz, good morning. My favorite hour. Seven o'clock hour is awesome. Guys are the best. Don't let those other hours tell you different. Okay, The seven am ors are elite. Why am I saying that? Well? The turnout or hashtag Monday selfie is astonishing.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's just like Home Rumors again and New People seven hundred, seven hundred and eight.
Speaker 2: It's the halfway point of the hour four, people will be rewarded for dropping a selfie on our Facebook page this hour. It's underneath my big bulbous head. Now, so underneath that post you post a selfie. That's it. You're gonna do anything, Just post a selfie. It's the halfway point of the hour, and there's seven hundred and eighty four selfies already. That's gonna be tough to be the other hours five hundred and fifty six. If you played along with Chilian home Room, I see they homeroom is special.
Speaker 3: Anymore. I don't know.
Speaker 2: They do get up early with us. They do get us started on it, like boots on the ground first thing in the morning. I do like those six ams, but it's hard not to fall in love with the seven o'clock of people to today, Sunny Skinny is ten percent chance of rain. We're talking about the Rod Ryan Show twenty ath aniversary party all morning long, giving away tickets on Facebook on the show, we'll give them to you on no the show. And then Chili just said to cover all the bases, he has it up on links and guests. Now, I got a problem this morning. I have a forur real problem this morning, and Chili already saw my email, and it's like, I'm not yelling at him because he didn't do anything wrong, but I used some explicit language in an email, and I put Chili on it. I put the guy that runs the web here dark Web, the guy behind the scenes, and then I put Radio Wizard on it. I'm like, why are we getting picked on on Facebook? They've removed a post this morning on our Facebook page. And if you were alive this weekend, you must have at least heard that Sidney Sweeney posted something on the internet. Okay, oh Sidney Sweeney.
Speaker 3: She said, like, is this the thirst chap?
Speaker 2: Sidney Sweeney broke the inner at this weekend? So what what do you think is going to headline looking at girls on a Monday for us? Sidney's waiting.
Speaker 3: That's like, yeah, So when.
Speaker 2: So Chili to promote links and guests, he goes to Facebook and he says, hey, headlining looking at girls? Did you guys see Sidney Sweeney this weekend? She broke the internet? Chili? That post was taken down.
Speaker 1: What the hell I guess saw right now? And it says it says it goes against community standers.
Speaker 2: Wow, that picture, that picture is everywhere. Yes, this is so upsetting to me.
Speaker 1: It says it really is. It says, uh, this goes against our community standers or spam.
Speaker 2: Hey, jack ass, you own Instagram and that's where she posted it. Yeah, and it's still and it's still up. Her post on Instagram that is owned by Mark Zuckerberg is up. Okay. Now all people are doing is saying, hey, you should go take a look at this. So we are promoting Instagram on our Facebook page. Everybody owns everything, and we had it taken down because we get picked on all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna it's insane to me. I'm gonna post it again, but I'm gonna I'm not gonna put it broke the internet because they it's just certain words.
Speaker 2: Is that too harsh?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry?
Speaker 2: Are those Are those words a little too hard for you? Little fuzzy baby? Yeah?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: So it's just you know, that's why I'm getting like tired of social media because it just hit us for anything.
Speaker 2: Bro. I remember remember when Time magazine? Were you here when Time Magazine posted the woman breastfeeding on the cover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't here, but I saw it.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody saw it. And it was all over the place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's a huge story.
Speaker 2: It's a woman breastfeeding, which is a beautiful thing. She's on the cover of Time magazine. We put it up on our Facebook page, removed flagged inappropriate content. I'm like, hang on a second, that that picture was everywhere. That picture was everywhere, and I didn't I made sure we didn't make a snarky comment about it. We didn't say ha ha, look at this. It's like, here's Time magazines cover this week. I made it as vanilla as possible, and we got flagged.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's when somebody, somebody must report it.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: They're just like, this is inappropriate, and then they flag it. So somebody reported enough.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's how it works, because I feel like sometimes things do get reported by narcs online that are.
Speaker 3: Like I can't.
Speaker 4: I couldn't stand City Sweeney getting all this attention. Sorry, sorry, I mean I couldn't help it.
Speaker 3: I want you put myselfie up.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to hit U request review?
Speaker 3: They'll ignore it. It's just like some automate. You don't look at it now, guys.
Speaker 2: Why not see if it goes anywhere. I don't need you to. I don't need you to do a lot of heavy lifting on this. But if it's a couple of clicks and then they review it or something, I'd like to know why.
Speaker 1: Okay, so say is, why do you want another review? The restrictions too harsh. You're misunderstood this pose. This post doesn't break the rules. This post doesn't break the rules, all right, Absolutely not click on that.
Speaker 2: We're not breaking any rules at all.
Speaker 1: It says, uh, what should we know about this pose? It was to raise awareness. It's about importance issues. Yeah, I mean it's not offensive to my in my region, it's not offensive.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming Sidney Sweeney's ass is not an option.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's not. But uh, it's not an offensive in my region.
Speaker 2: No, No, I don't know. Do what you want to. It's ridiculous. It's absolutely ridiculous. It's not it's not a naked picture or anything. She's just on a boat. He's wearing bikini bottom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but school's back in session.
Speaker 1: People need to I'm just gonna dress her. I'm just gonna I'm gonna do a picture of her dress like an Amish lady. See if they take that down.
Speaker 3: We're down too.
Speaker 2: Good lord, all right, guys, let's focus on what matters man the Monday selfie, get after it. Okay, guys, good luck, Welcome back to school kids.
Speaker 11: No poking each other, no Pokemon, no poker, no pokey bowls, nothing in the Pope.
Speaker 2: No Facebook, no Ron Ryan.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: The buzz that Shine Down and they are on the bill, and that's a big part of what we're talking about this morning on the show. Shine Down Blue October, Sublime Theory, the Dead Man, the XCS, they're all performing unplugged sets at the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Still you got to win your way in October twelfth, Carbock Brewery, we're gonna be out there. We can pack about we can pack two thousand of you in there, and we're giving away sixteen, seventeen, eighteen pair of tickets in the four homers that we're on the air today. We're giving away eighteen pair of tickets. That's right, because one's on links and guests, one's gonna come up on the air on no the show, and then sixteen given away for dropping a selfie. We're rounding nine hundred pictures dropped so far in the seven o'clock hour, nine hundred selfies. It's nine hundred people that want to go to the party. The biggest question I think I'm getting asked is it is it twenty one or older? Is it it's an all ages thing. It's an all ages thing. Carbock Brewery is an all ages thing. Breweries sounds weird to say it out loud, but you go to breweries, there's families there, you know. Oh, there's families at these things. There's a beautiful restaurant there, and there's everything. So yeah, this is going to be an all ages thing. So I got ant Sue coming in to bring the kid, so my kid'll be there so you can find so if you want to, like use your second ticket for your kid, you absolutely can. That's within play. So the winner is announced, the seven o'clock winners will be announced at eight oh five, and then another four names will be looking for you in the eight o'clock hour and in the nine o'clock hour. So go to link guests for all of that on the food blog page. It's National Potato Day. I'm not gonna embarrass myself by asking you guys, what's your favorite way to eat potatoes after French fries. What's your favorite way to enjoy a potato? Is it mashed potatoes? Is it a baked potato just loaded with bacon bits and sour cream and butter chums?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that booth sounds great.
Speaker 2: But mashed potatoes after French fries, huh.
Speaker 3: Probably the most common. Yeah, like some garlic mashed potatoes or something.
Speaker 4: These restaurants they're putting all kinds of things in the potatoes. Now you want some, like lobster mashed potatoes.
Speaker 3: I do want lobster Like it's just I just delicious.
Speaker 2: That just went above French fries for me. I didn't know that was available. Lobster mashed potatoes. Yeah, that's better than French fries.
Speaker 3: White or brown gravy on your mashed potatoes?
Speaker 2: Oh, brown gravy, Like what I didn't. White gravy is a Southern thing. There was very There was not a whole lot of white gravy up north.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there you go. Alex is so much better than all of us.
Speaker 3: Say gravy. You are the great matters, all right?
Speaker 2: Test a six picture up on links and guests. If you're going to links and guests to sign up for twentieth anniversary party tickets. You might as well go stop by and see her. Corpus Pictures select showing all Right Houston's rocking alternatives, The.
Speaker 7: Rod Last, The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz Okay ninety four five, The buzz In Essence with Paul McCoy, Bring Me to Life, Rob Ryan's Show, Milk Monday, Yeah, overtaking. It is hashtag Monday Selfie. Over one thousand people say they want those four opportunities to come their way. Uh, he's got six minutes to drop a selfie on our Facebook page to be qualified for the seven o'clock The four winners in the seven o'clock hour Chili will announce after eight, and then we'll do it all over again in the eight and the nine o'clock hour. Over one thousand pictures. It's insane, dude, It's insane. I hate advisory Today. I have one O two hick Sonny with a ten percent chance of rain, kids back in school, up in the morning and out to the Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I think we acknowledge it because we know it can be a little, you know, intimidating. Maybe it's exciting. Depending on the school, maybe it's your last year at that particular middle school or high school and then you know, or maybe it's your first time at your school. So Galveston, I sty back in class. I prefer banks back in class. We want to welcome everybody, you guys. We also want to remind everyone on the road that school zones are active again. There are kids walking to school. Then there are buses right and they're making stops. So you gotta follow those traffic laws and just be extra aware because we want everyone to get to school safely on their first day, especially for really all year long. I mean, I want to talk about some weather because Ernesto's a hurricane again. Remember it is a tropical storm last week causing problems in Bermuda and now our Nesto past the island.
Speaker 3: It's not going away.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, as it headed to the northeastern Atlantic, its path got stronger.
Speaker 3: It's going to take it away from land.
Speaker 4: It's going to strengthen, and that strengthening will lead to some swells that they say are going to affect the Bahamas, Bermuda, the US East Coast even and then part of the Atlantic Coast in Canada. As well, so surf and rip current conditions are expected to remain at a level that would be life threatening at least until tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Some people got to stay away from the water in those areas.
Speaker 4: There's some new data out which shows the airports with the longest walks, and some of them really force you to get your steps in. I mean number one is Dallas the longest distance. So this is what they're noticing. This is what they're noting. The distances are from the baggage check in area to like what would be the furthest gate away. The distances could be even longer between two gates on opposite end. So this is you know, this is a starting point for you. Dallas Fort Worth International Airport the longest distance two point one six miles two to sixty miles to get to your gate.
Speaker 2: Now there's got to be a shuttle because I walk fast. I know, I walk fast. If you're walking and you're cooking, you can walk a fourteen minute mile. Okay, oh yeah, oh yeah, no, No, that's that's trucking. That's trucking. So that's not pulling a you know, that's that's out there physically working at that. Yeah, that's not just in an airport. You've got to really move, So there's shuttle's got to be between these things. I mean some of these airports are just so spread up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have the moving what are they They're like not an escalator, just just the moving walkways. Yeah, those are really convenient. And then there are shuttles. Yeah, like a d CD gates you can jump on one, get to one. But Washington Dolls is number two. And then George Bush Airport.
Speaker 3: In Houston longest distance one and a half miles.
Speaker 4: One point five two miles to get from the baggage plane to the Furthest Gate in Denver it's one point four to five miles. JFK longest distance one point thirty eight. So two Texas airports there in the top five.
Speaker 2: I've been dealing with George Bush Airport a lot lately. It's a mess. It's a mess. I get it. You gotta move forward. There's got to be progress. There's you know, they're they're they're gutting the place, they're redoing it. It's a mess. Yeah, it is an absolute mess.
Speaker 4: I've been going to Hobby, I've been you know, back on board with Southwest here recently, and I just kind of missealed their restaurants, you know they have they got those new contracts with the different things. Kind of miss going to Popados. That was kind of my tradition. Anyway, enough about me, let's talk about Let's talk about some serious stuff because there's actually a sad new detail concerning the day of Matthew Perry's death.
Speaker 3: It was revealed in some new documents from the investigation going on.
Speaker 4: Remember last week we told you there were like five people arrested in connection with his death because he was using ketamine. It seemed that his live and assistant, Kenneth Ewamasa, injected him with kenemine three times that day, So once at eight thirty am, I know, then again at twelve forty five PM, and then again at one thirty, So twelve forty five got an injection, and then again at one thirty. Before that final injection, Matthew asked Kenneth to shoot me up with a big one. After following that order, Kenneth left Matthew in his hot tub while he went out to run some errands. When he returned, he found Matthew face down in the water. Really really really sad. Okay, let's switch gears here. We've got this on the music blog page for you. Cold Play still has twenty one shows scheduled, so they are on track to become the first rock band to have a billion dollar grossing tour with over ten million tickets sold. But as it stands, the Spheares World Tour just became the highest grossing rock tour of all time. It made nine hundred and forty five point seven million dollars and sold eight point eight million tickets since it kicked off in March of twenty twenty two. Out these are Rottos, right because the Eras Tour that's the highest grossing tour of all times with Taylor Swift. But this is a band that travels, travels well. They're number one on the list, followed by Elton John, followed by YouTube Guns and Roses, and then rounding out the top five, the Rolling Stones. Okay, the Rolling Stones have two tours on this list. They're five and six, so they're Bigger Bang Tour. A Bigger Bang Tour is right before the No Filter Tour, both of those grossing just so much money. Those are Houston Seidlights Take it.
Speaker 6: Alex Sastro's got another win. Yesterday, they shut out the White Sox two to nothing. Fra Ra Valdez gave up just three hits over seven solid innings of work. The Astros took two of three against Chicago over the weekend. They are also four games ahead of the Mariners right now for first place in the Al West. Tonight they're going to open up a three game series with the Red Sox. You say, Kacucci'll be on the mount for this. Drolls going up against Boston's Tanner how first pitches at seven to ten, and you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety on the sports blog page.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 6: UFC three oh five was on Saturday night and a Fighter one and then her celebration was just doing the Australian breakdancer, ladies dancing.
Speaker 3: It was pretty great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, keeping that going you when you kick someone's asking if I okay watch this, I'm gonna do some break dancing on your ass.
Speaker 3: Check that out, Spoys blog.
Speaker 2: Pashit all right, close it out there you go. The seven o'clock hour is behind us. It is now eight o'clock. One point one thousand pictures were dropped in the seven o'clock hour, Chili's got the task now to pick four of you. He's gonna announce it about five minutes, and another opportunity to win four pair of passes to the twentieth Anniversary show will be made to you on our Facebook page. In the eight o'clock hour. Rock and alternative use to The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 5: Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: The Buzz Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Green Day, Welcome to Paradise, That's what it is, Okay, Monday, right here talking with you guys, giving out tons of tickets, playing the hits, Welcome to Paradise. Half point point of the show, Pepa eight oh seven, ten percent chance of rain, sunny, just stupid hot today. True temperatures highs at one, one, one two. I've seen reports one oh two. Who's got time for that?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: I certainly don't.
Speaker 2: Key Advisory Tesla's bringing them to the yard this hour.
Speaker 3: Ran Yeah, okay, oh. On the Facebook selfie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's hashtag Monday selfie today. One point one thousand pictures were dropped in the seven o'clock hour. Five hundred and fifty six home roomers dropped a pick in the six o'clock hour. You got to do it again. If you posted a picture earlier, this is a whole new post. Now there's Tessa up there. She's saying, Hey, I got four pair of tickets in the eight o'clock hour to give to you for the party that everybody wants to be at, obviously, the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary celebration October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. And this is the part of the show where I say, Chili, what's not answer the dreams of four people? Please? Yeah? Just four? Just four at one point one thousand chilly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: That's silly, man. We've never done anything like that, any kind of numbers like that on Facebook.
Speaker 1: I mean they must have just been blinded by your white teeth.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, all that.
Speaker 2: Wait to see what Tessa does this hour. It's gonna be she's gonna do good.
Speaker 1: She's gonna do good.
Speaker 2: She's gonna knock that number into the dirt.
Speaker 1: I think Alex might knocket out in the nine.
Speaker 2: Am nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that might do good.
Speaker 2: Who's who are the four lucky people that are gonna be joining us at the Carbock Brewery All right.
Speaker 1: So it's Elizabeth Ramirez, yeah, Meghan Pucket, Jennifer Fulton, and Matt Carroll, which he had a surgery selfie. So I kind of caught my eye.
Speaker 2: So I was like, all right, Coop, that wasn't that big cut in the head, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: No, she was last Hour. There was another one too, that's the one to one last hour. I mean she fell off electric scooter.
Speaker 2: She says, stay off the electric scooters. Yeah, I'm trying. I'm trying to keep up on these pictures. Listen, if you think you got to use your cute kid to grease your way in, or a picture of a kiddie cat on your head or your dog, or an old picture with us from some some you know, from years gone by, wearing a rod Ryan Show t shirt, if you think that's gonna help do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what Jennifer Fulton did.
Speaker 2: Okay, See we're not above any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, her kids they threw a selfie with like the rock and roll horns.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know. Okay.
Speaker 1: So I was like, okay, okay, let's see though.
Speaker 2: All right, that's eight, that's eight pair of tickets now given away. Another for this hour drop your picture underneath Tesla's picture on our Facebook page. Chili gave you an opportunity on links and guests this morning to sign up. That's for the guys that aren't on Facebook, which I've heard from many of you. And then we will give away a pair on the air on know the show. We are doing other things today on the show today right like we're gonna sizzle, yeah, sizzle. Oh yeah, you know I've got Roe, Sharon. I know I have that circled when they play.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's why I do.
Speaker 2: That's where I do all my fun activities. Okay. If I want to ride go karts, if I want to do.
Speaker 5: A little.
Speaker 2: Wakeboarding, if I want to jump out of airplanes, I go to Roe. Shaon, you got it all. They do have it all on there. It's a danger paradise, all right. Anthony from Roe, Sharon Kristen from clear Lake. We're gonna meet him after the break and we're gonna let them sizzle in the In the Sweet sixteen winner goes to the Grade eight.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Rock Last Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan's Show, mills Monday hashtag Monday selfie on our Facebook page. That's going amazing getting set up here for the sizzler. We got to do other things today, like we gotta do like the normal things that we do Suburbs summer sizzlers. Sweet sixteen coming up ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies, high of one of two today, So yeah, another heat advisory. I just like lock that in for the next month. What's trending.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna pretend that I actually posted this selfie and it got seven hundred and fifteen comments, because that's a record for me personally. What we're doing on the rod Rydan Show Facebook page is we're playing hashtag Monday selfie. But we're doing it every hour and so this eight o'clock hour was is my selfie twenty minutes ago, and since twenty minutes ago, there have been seven hundred and fifty people that are dropping their selfie because it's going to give you a chance to win those passes to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party, which you can't buy.
Speaker 2: The eight o'clock people are are on pace to beat the seven o'clock hour.
Speaker 4: I think double entries were count like, that's okay, you did it in the six o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: You didn't win.
Speaker 4: Do it again and seven do it gain eight. You're gonna have another chance at nine. So just stay on Facebook, on our Facebook page because that's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Your best chance.
Speaker 2: You've dropping those selfies. Great job, everybody, you look great.
Speaker 4: Into the hat that peach that was featured in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom that that brown felt fedora hat made specifically for Indiana.
Speaker 3: Jones sold it auction.
Speaker 4: For six hundred and thirty thousand dollars in LA So over six hundred K for the hat. That is pretty iconic. I mean it came from a stunt double's personal collection and it was created in London. It's got IJ stamped in gold on it. Pretty cool. I mean if I were one of these like billionaires who collected member really like this and be like, yeah, that's pretty important.
Speaker 2: I wonder how he got away with it. He must have stolen it. The guy stole it from the set. He was the stunt double us lest they gave.
Speaker 5: It to me.
Speaker 4: Maybe let him keep it from being the sunder because you don't know now in hindsight, how you know iconic this whole franchise is going to be.
Speaker 2: But I've told you before, it's a really fun question to ask a celebrity, what did you steal from a movie set?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 2: And a lot of times they'll go and they'll steal things, you know, all the last day. It's like, oh, I'm taking this. Yeah, it's fun to see what these celebrities have from what they've already done.
Speaker 3: Oh so we haven't mentioned the Milk Monday today. It is our top blog.
Speaker 4: It goes Milk Monday looking at girls and then there I am my six picks Chop Liver right in the third spot. Thank none of you for clicking on it. It's number three. But you guys like the Milk Monday. I guess that's all that matters. That's what's trending on nine four five of us.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at Jason on the selfie the Monday self. Dude's welding today, Okay, shout out to welders today. It's a hundred degrees today, one hundred and two. What's the what you take a temperature underneath that quote of yours, underneath that metal helmet. It's ridiculous. All right, let's say hi to some people here. Hey, Kristin, you're there, Hey dude, how are you? It's Christian? Right, yeah, Christian with a kay. Okay, you're playing for clear Lake. Don't make them throw you in it. Okay, get there, Okay, you're taking on Anthony. Anthony pronounces it properly. Anthony from Roe, Sharon, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Is that what it's called?
Speaker 2: Anthony Rose? Sharon, h listen, I thought already worked this side, Anthony. How are you just showing off? Anthony? How did you get here? Did you win your way in or did the other person just kind of muck it up? You won your way in? What about you? Christian?
Speaker 1: We were the game where we did another first song.
Speaker 3: Or puddle Them, and then we got the second.
Speaker 2: One, which was lovely the band. Yeah, okay, you guys didn't know the struts? Is that the one that.
Speaker 3: Was?
Speaker 2: Okay? I got no faith in you if you don't know the damn shruts? It was easy. That was a layup. Yeah, it was all right, think about it. I'm gonna give you guys four minutes. Anthony and Christian. Winner goes to the Grade eight in four minutes, The Right Right Show, celebrating twenty years ninety four or five of the Buzz ninety four or five Buzz either. Back when he was dating Amy Lee, they did the song Broken Together. They did that live at a Buzzfest and they were both on the bill, and they would not they would not reveal. I'm like, you guys are doing the song right, like you're both here. You're doing the song because that was right when the song was huge. Huh And I'm talking to see that. I'm like, Amy's here, You're doing the song right? Yeah, you know, yeah, you know, maybe it was great. It was great. Good morning. Are the eight o'clock listeners my favorite listeners? Maybe seems that way halfway part of the show. People are they my favorites? You're coming up on I say you, Tesla, because you're the You're the picture we're using this hour. I'm debait, coming up on nine hundred, coming up on nine hundred.
Speaker 4: Pictures dropped some most comments selfies I've ever experienced.
Speaker 2: Nine hundred selfies have been dropped this hour. Four of you are going to Win rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party tickets October twelve. Carbock brewery. Gotta drop a selfie and we'll do it next hour as well. Don't have Facebook, no problem. Go to the rod Ryan Show page links and guests, and you got a chance to win a pair, and we'll give some a win. I guess we'll give a pair away on the show for the all right, bring me these jokers. No Christian okay, No struts okay, he doesn't know the struts. Please give this guy a break. No struts, Christian, good morning. Come on it all right, dude, come on clear like, step it up, step it up.
Speaker 3: You take it on.
Speaker 2: Anthony Sharon, ro Sharon, where is that? Where is that? Falthm frolin? Oh ro Sharon, I know exactly where. Yeah, thank you Anthony. Okay, guys, there's nothing left to do other than play the song. You shout out your name when you think you know the title and the band, and you get yourself into the grade eight. That means you're one game away from winning cash. And if you heard me on Friday show, even Radio Wizards said ride you were getting a little wild on the air. He did. He sent me an email, He's like, bro, what are you doing because I don't know. I just you know, I got caught up. I got caught up in everything, okay. And on Friday I said, everybody that makes it to the final four in the sumburb of Summer Sizzler, not only did you get two hundred fifty dollars cash, I will give you Rod Ryan's show twenty anniversary tickets. That's when I got the emails, and he's like, bro, pump the brakes over the little rug. Oh, I'll read you the email. Don't worry about that happened, all right. It's game twenty, Game twenty, Game twenty Anthony, are you ready get sir Christian? You got your stuff together, Let's go. Okay, guys, I'm listening for Christian. I'm listening for Anthony to shout out their name. I'll stop the song you got. I'm gonna give you a good three seconds here to tell me the song title in the band. Here we go, Alex has it, Lock and load boy. I wish you both the best of luck. Here we go three two one, You're on Christian Christian.
Speaker 1: Three Ocean Avenue, one Yellow Card.
Speaker 3: I think he got.
Speaker 5: Big.
Speaker 2: You made me get that buzzer. I was like, guys before he hit Ocean Avenue buzzer. He got it. Yeah, Christian, you're the man.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, like literally, buy this skin of your teeth. I can't do this anymore, guys, by the skin of your cheeth. Rod's on the floor.
Speaker 2: Cheez.
Speaker 3: Just get it quicker so we don't have to stress.
Speaker 2: Well, I would say that gets you back in our good graces for sure. Christian, Anthony, where tell me, tell me where you were with that song where you just? Do you know it now or I know now? I didn't. I thought that it was a Foo Fighter song. Yeah, you know what I did too.
Speaker 4: I thought, oh, my life, and then it kept on playing and I would know that's yellow card. It sounds very similar. I thought the exact same thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't think that, but now you put it in my brain. Yeah, I never ever thought third I blind sounded like.
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 11: What O two?
Speaker 3: For instance?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that threw people for a loop.
Speaker 3: It was that snare druma control crazy uh.
Speaker 2: Brochern starts saying it, right, Anthony, that's what that's what. That's your first problem. All right, Anthony, great job man, all right, thank you, what great job, because you did earn your way into that sweet sixteen Christian. You're in the grade eight.
Speaker 1: Oh, no doubt.
Speaker 3: All right, we like that buzzer for Christians.
Speaker 2: The buzzers just following him ever since that strutsgaff. All Right, dude, you're in the grade eight. Man, well done, You're one game away from winning some cash and some tickets. All right, don't stop now, don't stop now, man, great job. I thought that was a hard one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what I thought.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a hard one.
Speaker 3: It could have been a couple of things. So I guess that is hard.
Speaker 2: Better be difficult. You better be practicing tomorrow's game, League City versus Klein.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety.
Speaker 2: Four sermon ninety four or five the buzz Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on MILF Monday. It's a wonderful feature. It's just kind of getting lost in the shuffle. There's so much going on this morning.
Speaker 5: We really do.
Speaker 2: We've never eased into these weeks at all ever. Hashtag Monday selfie. I want to talk about that. In a second two percent chance of rain, sunny highs of one two. Testa's got her six picks. She was down in Corpus this weekend, so I'm assuming there's the little niece pictures in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got some niche time in there.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: She that keeps me going back. Like I was kind of getting over it already.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm not gonna keep driving down there, like my family needs to come up and see me once else.
Speaker 3: Now that baby, I'm like, put it in your calendar. I'll be there.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's funny. My sister's the same way. She's much further away, but she just just this weekend, She's like, hey, you know you didn't you didn't say anything about Labor Day weekend?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like my my monthly visit, Like what up?
Speaker 2: Like what are you talking about? Well, you know, I got a couple of days off, you know. She just wants to spend time with Londony.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: So I'm already bringing her in for the twentieth anniversary show so that she can bring London. My sister can bring London to the show, so that'll be fun. But yeah, so I just had the book plane tickets just to get her in here next weekend.
Speaker 3: So now, yeah, it's just whatever my niece is doing.
Speaker 2: That aunt their tea do you know what I did though, it's strong.
Speaker 3: So I got there Friday night and.
Speaker 4: We Travis and I we started to play Peek a boo and I think she's too young, and we scared the living crap out of my knees.
Speaker 2: And she was crying and I was like, oh my god, she mean, how aggressive are you coming from between those things?
Speaker 4: She was no, no, no, no no. He was just like hi, like peekaboo, and he was just covering his face and he went and but when she when he opened his face, I id like pulled her back a little bit, so.
Speaker 3: She like, I think she wanted to like it, but he was too scary for her. The disappearing and.
Speaker 4: The reappearing of the face would proved to be overwhelming. She was crying doing that, and I was like, oh my god, I made my niece cry like I wanted to die.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to die.
Speaker 2: That was what happened. So you're killing it. Tessa has the picture that's up for the eight o'clock hour for the hashtag Monday cell Phone. Yea yeah, I think we're almost at like a thousand right now of people that have submitted. I just wanted to tell everybody and I hate doing this, but it needs to be said. Chili will let you know, and only Chili will let you know if you're the winner. Okay, there are Facebook hackers out there. Anytime we do something that becomes really really popular, boom, somehow somebody goes in there and then they say, hey, click here, you just won. You guys are all smarter than that. Okay, and I appreciate you sending me these links. What I need you to do is if somebody has said hey, and it looks wishy washy, because it'll take you to some other Facebook page and it looks like it's ours and it's not. And it happens so much. There's so much scamming going on out there. Chili will notify you if you won. What I need you to do is I need you to report that page. If somebody is contacting you with a link, don't give them any information. We're never gonna you can't win your way in. Ultimately, this person's trying to get money out of you. That's gonna be your first thing. It's like, wait a minute, no, no, no, you don't got to give up any of that stuff. Okay, you just wait to hear from Chile. If you do get a funky link on there, also send me the link so I can report it. But it sucks, you know, you try to have some fun and it still is fun. I'm having a great time seeing all your pictures up there. Just know that there's you know, there's assholes out there, and and somebody is out there trying to you know, scam a few of you. So just be very careful and wait to hear official word from the Chile if you want. All right, so keep dropping those selfies. Good luck, Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 5: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz. All right, my.
Speaker 2: Boys from Buffalo, New York, Google Dolls and Iris. Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Welcome back from the weekend. Everybody, Tessa's got her six picks up. They're doing good. They're doing good. People are checking out right, people are checking out. You got to deal with the milk money.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna report that.
Speaker 2: Everybody's got to deal with the milf Monday, all right with their six picks? Okay, congratulations. One point two thousand pictures were dropped in the eight o'clock hour. You still have about six minutes to drop a photograph. Hashtag Monday selfie four of you. Remember, Chili is the only person on the planet that will contact you if you are the winner of these tickets. Okay, there's some bots in there, some people they're gonna they're asking for credit card information, Chili, but I don't not be aswering for credit card information, Chili. No, I know he's not. I know he's not, So just be be vigilant. Okay. Every time we do these kind of contests, there's always gotta be some assholes that come in and kind of, I don't know, falsely lead people to believe that they won. And it's always on something really really big, like the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. I know you guys are excited, but don't fall for some scam. Chili is the only person that will contact you if you are the winner of the tickets. He'll announce the next four winners at about nine o five, and then Alex goes up and you'll have to redrop another selfie in the nine o'clock hour. Sunny's guys today, and nothing above a ten percent chance of rain high of one oh two. I guess.
Speaker 1: Up in the morning and out too.
Speaker 2: I guess we'll still roll with Chuck Berry here even though the kids are in school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I hope they're in school. I hope everyone got to class on time and everything like that.
Speaker 4: But we gotta play Chuck Berry because for the most part, most school districts are back to school. A lot came in last week, but to start this week, you had Galveston IIC at Cypress Fairbanks, So welcome back and everyone share the road with those kiddos. Maybe you maybe have even some teenage drivers driving to school for the first time. Oh lord, you know going to school. Maybe you get your license, your little learner's permit to just be careful everyone, and you should be in class. So we'll catch up with you later on the podcast. This is a more serious story. Authorities are searching for suspects after two shootings outside of a San Antonio military basis.
Speaker 3: Was a big story over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Early Saturday morning, a suspect reportedly opened fire twice at an entrance to Joint Base San Antonio Lackland. About three hours after that incident, more shots were fired from a car stop near the gate, so Air Force security officers fired back. No injuries were reported, but that is one of the local Texas stories hitting the national wire, so I thought i'd mention it.
Speaker 3: I like this next story.
Speaker 4: There's been a lot of talk recently about how high heels are out, mostly because women these days prefer fashion that isn't painful. There's also a viral post about how high heels are like they just screamed, tryhard, old person.
Speaker 2: I hope it doesn't go away. I love on girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they were amended by men, they were amitded by men, and their comfort.
Speaker 3: Wasn't in mind. It was all it's all yeah yeah, Well, like you know.
Speaker 4: The bra all that stuff, not exactly the most comfortable things you wear, the underwire, all that thing.
Speaker 2: Howard Hughes had your jugs in mind when you paying that cross your heart braugh.
Speaker 3: Well, here's someone I really like.
Speaker 4: Sarah Blakeley is a founder of Spanx okay and why did she create spanks to make it look like.
Speaker 3: You're seamless under your work attire or whatever? But she's been more.
Speaker 4: Trickery, yes, But she has been working on a new shoe called Sneaks, which are high heeled sneakers, and she says for nine years she's been working on this concept and they're finally going to debut tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So they're high heeled sneakers made of leather, mesh and suede. They are not cheap. They range from three.
Speaker 4: Ninety five to five ninety five a pair, so this is a lot. This would be what would be considered a luxury purchase.
Speaker 2: Are they sexy at all? Or is that's not the issue here anymore?
Speaker 3: I think I think it's all about comfort.
Speaker 4: It's hard to do something like if you're on a tiny, tiny little stiletto heel, that's not a ton of support.
Speaker 2: So if nobody wants to see you wearing a dress in Chuck Taylor's.
Speaker 4: Either I mean, but I think that's I think that's the idea that women are getting away from Rod before everything was done, Like, Okay, you want to look good, you want all the guys to think you look good.
Speaker 3: But like the new girls are like, I don't dress for the mail gates.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't do that.
Speaker 3: I'm what's comfortable for me? What do I like?
Speaker 4: What is gonna work out for me so that I don't have plant or FreeSCI itis and have to get surgery on my toe because I've been wearing high heels for twenty damn years three.
Speaker 2: Ninety five to five ninety five a pair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what, size eight. Whenever you get a chance, just what the hell?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Just go buy some high heels for twenty five bucks.
Speaker 4: Get it over with, yeah, and then pay for it later when your pinky toe doesn't have mobility.
Speaker 2: Oh, somebody turtles black.
Speaker 3: It turns black and it falls off. I don't know if.
Speaker 2: Somebody these girls online still pretty thirsty.
Speaker 3: Hello, you know, shach their own now sneaks.
Speaker 2: You like them, nice sneaks, you like them?
Speaker 3: Size eight.
Speaker 2: I can't find an actual picture size.
Speaker 4: If you want your co are gonna be happy. Lady Wilson is returning to Yellowstone. The final six episodes will begin airing on November tenth. But they are filming concert scenes at the fort Worth Stockyards in Texas, right up the road from us, and they're looking for extras a paid gig.
Speaker 3: So we put the link. I mean, listen, this is like, if you're young, you're gonna maybe eat.
Speaker 4: You can make your own schedule, you can hit, you can hit the stockyard and say, oh I was a Yellowstone extra. It's a one hundred and ten dollars for ten hours of work overtime pay possible, but we have all the information there, especially the.
Speaker 3: Equivalent of one hundred and ten dollars in Yellowstone time. So it's really like three bucks, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: You just get a goat.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have new music from Live which we haven't heard in six years. Lady Bang, She Got Me Rolling is the new song. They announced this newly released single and basically the founder of Live said, this is this song is the last cocktail before closing time. This is the final lap of a race that has gone on too long. I'm happy they're still releasing new music. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 5: You like the song run?
Speaker 2: I think it's good. I think it's good. I don't know that it's great yet, but I like he's got the old brother I'm there from st P Back to your sneaks.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, tell me about them, about them s n e e.
Speaker 2: X dot com.
Speaker 7: I hear.
Speaker 2: I Heart doesn't like that website. I can't get on. I can't see what I can't see what these things look like.
Speaker 3: That's probably what it is. I cannot get my ads for my heart.
Speaker 2: You can't get on the site.
Speaker 3: I'm on, I'm on it.
Speaker 2: Sneaks.
Speaker 1: What do they look like?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it says follow your soul s O l E.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell, that's still high heel.
Speaker 3: It's comfortable though, Oh Jesus, okay, I trust this lady.
Speaker 6: Like when they when doctor Schulz came out, was like, Hey, did you know if you put cup cushions in your shoes it makes it more comfortable.
Speaker 3: Turns out if you just make high heels shoes, they're better. Astro's got another one yesterday.
Speaker 6: They shut out the White Sox two and nothing from er Valdez gave up just three hits over seven solid innings of work.
Speaker 3: Astros took two of three against Chicago over the weekend.
Speaker 6: They are also four games ahead of the Mariners right now for first place in the Al West. Tonight, they're going to open up a three games series with the Red Sox. A minute made you say, Kakuci'll be in the map for the Street is going up against Boston's Tanner how first pitched at seven ten, and you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports, Okay.
Speaker 2: Chili's closing out the eight o'clock Monday selfie. Nine o'clock Monday selfie with Alex's baby Blues will be up, and then you're gonna have to drop another selfie and four of you will win, and only Chili will contact you. As a matter of fact, Chili's gonna be on with us in less than five minutes. He's gonna tell us who the big winners are from Last Hours.
Speaker 5: Rock and Alter soon the Rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten.
Speaker 2: Am break, not even more about the bus is a good morning. I'm in a good mood.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can tell why why I love I.
Speaker 2: You know this and I think I say it on the air and off. I love hashtag Monday selfie.
Speaker 3: Would you like seeing everyone's a mug?
Speaker 2: I like seeing the people that are listening to us in the morning. This It's the one thing you hear it with actors all the time, and you wonder why they go on Broadway because they get that instant feedback from the audience. And every single actor that chooses to go on stage they could be a big time movie actor, and if they go and do a play or something, they'll tell you the reason why because they're on stage and you get that feedback from the listener. You get, you get the feedback from the from the person in the theater. And they number one reason why actors will do this because when you're making a movie, nobody's telling you, you know, except the director, good job or whatever. But you're not. You're just doing it. So we're in this room, we're looking at each other. Chili's in a closet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, like, Okay, I've seen these people plenty.
Speaker 2: I'd like to see some other people.
Speaker 3: All right, switch it up. So you get to see all these news Alex.
Speaker 2: You get to see all of these new fresh faces in the morning, and it's it's just it's like the audience. You're getting an audience reaction and you're seeing all these people up on our Facebook page, it is hashtag Monday selfie. It is one of my favorite things that we do. Home room Chili posted he was looking for selfies. Five hundred and fifty six people posted trying to win tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Okay, by the way, there is a pair of tickets on Links and Guests. Seven o'clock hour. I was featured my selfie and then underneath that one point one thousand selfies rolled in after that, trying to win the four pair that we were offering up in the seven o'clock hour. Test us up next. One point two thousand people dropped a selfie in the eight o'clock hour. And then I just was bragging about baby Blue over here, and he's got sunglasses on in his picture. Yeah, Mike, Alex's baby Blues would be up there in the nine o'clock hour, and you gotta post a picture underneath him.
Speaker 3: You didn't tell me that yesterday, sulass any selfie from me?
Speaker 2: You know, I love your eyes.
Speaker 3: I was like yours. I'd be on a yacht.
Speaker 2: Know, I love your eyes.
Speaker 4: You gotta lead with your s.
Speaker 2: You know, I get you know, I get lost in those pools of of tropical water. All right, Alex is up there now.
Speaker 3: Little you know, one one day you're comparing him to Betty Bonco, who is ugliest guy, And one one day you're telling he's the Caribbean Ocean.
Speaker 2: Well, the handsomest guy I know is Chili So and he's about to tell us who won. In the eight o'clock hour. One point two thousand people wanted tickets to the Rod Ryan Show. Twenty anniversary party four are about to be announced.
Speaker 1: Take it, Chili a man. Sorry, I'm dealing with all there's facebooks.
Speaker 2: I thought you like he's like punching scammers in the face over there.
Speaker 1: I'm actually reporting one right now. So if you get a some fraud stuff.
Speaker 2: Only Chili will announce and contact you about winning. Don't go to some other place. Especially, don't give anybody.
Speaker 3: Your credit this voice for God and read this message card.
Speaker 2: Do not give anybody your credit card. Yeah, Chili, don't ask for a credit card.
Speaker 1: Down again, I only ask for EBTs.
Speaker 2: All right, what do you got?
Speaker 1: Alright? So uh hey, make shouts out to Kimberly, Kimberly, Michael, Meghan Nicole, and Jason T.
Speaker 5: Moore.
Speaker 2: All right, those are your winners. Four people, just one tickets. We have given away four eight twelve pair of tickets. Now we'll give away another four this hour.
Speaker 4: We will.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to announce before we amf So this is all gonna have to be contained within this hour. So Alex is up. You drop a selfie, Well right, I already dropped a selfie in the seven and the eight and the siven do it what?
Speaker 5: Well, then, you don't want to go.
Speaker 2: Can I use the same picture? Yeah you can, but you know, just snap another one. Okay, snap another one and drop it on our Facebook page. Okay, four winners will be announced. We'll give away a pair of tickets on No the show before we get out of here, so you can call in to win those, and then Chili put another pair on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. So sixteen seventeen eighteen pair of tickets.
Speaker 1: Oh no, man, I think Alex go and break the record.
Speaker 2: Bro is he off and running?
Speaker 1: He's got close to four hundred?
Speaker 2: Why we just started? Well, excuse me, Alex.
Speaker 3: All right, everyone wakes up, la, everyone's already from moment. It's way too late, all.
Speaker 2: Right, today vigilant. Don't accept anybody that looks suspicious on our Facebook page. Children will notify you by the end of the hour this hour if you're the big winner. Now, chance to win some cash and maybe a little trip. Not even four or five the Buzz Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Hashtag Monday selfie. The kids got like eight hundred people that have alread dropped a picture. It might be a new record if we're keeping track. And I am Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary tickets available to win just by dropping a selfie this hour on our Facebook page and only Chili will notify you if you're the winner. Don't get caught up on anybody trying to contact you. There's a bunch of bad people out there. But yeah, I think he's got about eight hundred and we're not even at the halfway point yet, So we saw hours going to be big.
Speaker 1: But I get it.
Speaker 2: You guys kind of called it too. You said that it's going to be that last hour where people start panicking and everybody's going to be throwing their selfie up on our Facebook page. Yeah, Gramble, Well, I know how you feel.
Speaker 3: Nobody works, nobody's trying at home listening to that morning show. He should be.
Speaker 2: He's convinced none of you are working.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna coffee and they're jams.
Speaker 2: He's like, he's the only one that gets up. He's the only one that goes into the office.
Speaker 3: Online Kid's Alex online.
Speaker 6: The muss.
Speaker 2: He thinks you're on dope, doper swingers, Do.
Speaker 3: You think that? I do think that's your that's your because I.
Speaker 2: Feel like everybody's swinging. But me, what are you doing today?
Speaker 3: You'll be looking at famous people as children.
Speaker 6: Now, I think these are ai renditions of them as children, because.
Speaker 3: Like one of them is Danny DeVito. But this isn't really a child version of Danny DeVito as a tesla. That's a yeah, yeah, that's a guy's like a Mullet's robot.
Speaker 6: To be Yeah, you're going to be looking at twelve celebrities as children and trying to see how many of them you can correctly.
Speaker 3: Guest, go check it out. We'll finish Ride ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to school kids.
Speaker 2: Please report codies to the school nurse.
Speaker 1: Accusing anyone falsely of having codies is browns Port repeated nookies.
Speaker 2: Rod Bryan on ninety four five The Buzz. All right, ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show, Popper Roach kills Noise, Rob Ryan's show on a Monday. I hope you guys have a great weekend. I hope you have had time to go check out Tessa's six picks from the weekend and her adorable little niece making That's not her debut on the on LinkedIn deest. She's been up there before.
Speaker 3: Yeah she's old news, but well Elle Bright shiny two months. Yeah, Sophia's already four months old.
Speaker 2: Elle's dad is on our Facebook page. Sure is killing it.
Speaker 3: Eighty comments.
Speaker 2: Oh someone's looking, Someone's looking. So you're on pace for almost two thousand.
Speaker 6: I like looking through them, and if anybody has posted a picture of me, I'll just go hart that and then hope that Chili picks them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's what I'm doing that as well. I talked about how much I love the Monday selfie thing, and it's the last hour. Four people will be drawn out of the what you said, over eight hundred people now that have dropped a selfie just this hour. Okay, we've already had four winners in the six four winters, in the seven four winters. In the eight o'clock hour, somebody was brave enough to take a picture with Chili. I saw that in there. But you know, you're scrolling through there and you're seeing, you know, there's chicks and their cats and you know, all these picture and then I was said, boom, then you see a picture of Dinah and it's like boom. It's just kind of hissy. I saw a couple of them, and it's like, hey, everything's in play here. Okay, I said, do you want to, like, you know, put kid pictures or whatever. But I I always like that. I love I like the whole. I don't know who does it, but your memories. You get that one year ago today, here's all the pictures that you posted.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think my phone just does it.
Speaker 2: My phone kind of does it too. I just see like maybe it's the one drive or the cloud or something. It's like, here's, you know, here's what you did on this day, and here's some pictures, and Dinah will pop in every now and then. I enjoy it, you know what I mean. It doesn't make me sad. Of course, it's sad that she's not with us, But seeing those pictures puts a smile on my face.
Speaker 3: Memory, Yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: It puts a smile on my face every every single time. So I probably three or four five times maybe I've seen a picture of Dinah in there. People want to win. People want to win. I don't blame you. So I got this email. I feel like we've covered this topic before. I'm just going to read it as it came in this morning. Terrence wrote, in and I don't remember hearing from Terrence. You know, sometimes you see a name and it's like, I don't remember a lot of correspondence with Terrence brother Rod Love. The show been listening for about eighteen years. Bro, you missed the first two The hell's wrong with you? Those are the best two years ever? Right, Okay, I thank you for all those years. I've just gotten wind of a birthday surprise that's being planned for me at work. I want no part of it. I can relate to this Terrence, Okay, he said, First off, I hate surprises. Secondly, I stopped making a big deal out of my birthday when I became, you know, an adult. Thirdly, when I'm done working, I want to go home. I want to go hang out with my friends. A majority of my coworkers are not friends, and it all seems very fake to me. Now, if this quote unquote already were to happen while I'm on the clock.
Speaker 5: I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: However, the buzz is that it'll be happening after the workday is over, So that begs the question, how do I put a stop to this? Even though I'm not supposed to know anything about it?
Speaker 4: You get up Anyboddy, you make a dissertation about how you just love going home after work like nothing more.
Speaker 6: Make sure you've mentioned that you have plans, like the day of your birthday, like you have to leave it.
Speaker 3: My friends are all taking me out right after work. They're gonna pick me up from the office, and yeah, they'll be like, wait, no, we got to do it during the workday. You got to enlist someone.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe get your wife to show up early, be like, honey, surprise, I'm taking you to.
Speaker 2: Wed that he got a whiff if something's going down.
Speaker 6: But we had that here though, where it's like when it be somebody's birthday on the show, people would be like, let's go have lunch, and then lunch turns into shots because the sales is.
Speaker 3: Like we need to hang out, and we're like, well, I'm just wasted at four o'clock and a half and it's like way past that time.
Speaker 2: So he's down for it. I you know, if it's happening while you're on the clock, sure, but if they're planning something and these aren't your real close friends and they're doing something after work, that's a tough one. I don't know. I mean, I feel like their best interest is you know, they listen, you're in a place that's nice enough to celebrate your birthday. Yeah, you gotta look at it that way too. I get it. Everybody is so tight about their own personal time, and I get that, But I'm going to look at the other side of things, and there's plenty of workplaces and people working that their their place doesn't give a flip about their birthday.
Speaker 3: If you feel trapped there is it like, yeah, it was a nice gesture.
Speaker 2: Is it going to kill you to go out for a little bit after work? No, won't and then do what you want. I know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just if someone doesn't want that and they'll say they don't like it, you kind of gotta respect it. Sometimes I feel like people do stuff to make themselves feel better, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Then there's like out there and it's like, man, it's my birthday. They didn't do anything for me. That nothing.
Speaker 3: They start comparing, so like you start comparing, like say, okay, what did we do for Rod's birthday?
Speaker 5: What do they do?
Speaker 3: Well, you didn't do that for my birthday?
Speaker 4: Like the comparison Monday, Oh it's soon, and maybe is this Rod emailing.
Speaker 3: Do we have a huge surprise.
Speaker 2: This is an email from Terrence.
Speaker 6: It really is a fourth birthday party and make you hang out. Yeah, it is all day next week.
Speaker 3: Just clear your schedule for the whole day Monday. You got a whole day schedule, buddy.
Speaker 2: I'm a glasses half full guy. Listen. I think you're at a place that people they sound like they like you, Terrence. That's good. They sound like they want to hang out with you. That's good.
Speaker 3: Do they really they're not as friends, Rod. There's coworkers they didn't like you.
Speaker 4: They would be like, we should do something for for Yeah, like Terrence, let's celebrate Terrence.
Speaker 3: Maybe, Like you know what, I don't have to interacted with Terrence.
Speaker 2: He's a cool guy.
Speaker 3: Let's birthday's coming up. What if we take him out and they get to know them all bit that.
Speaker 2: I'm just not one of these people that's so quick to crap on everything here is And that's what he was maybe looking for. And it's like, I think you got to kind of roll with this a little bit, you know, unless you really do and it doesn't he would have told me, Hey, dude, no, no, no, after work, I'm doing this, this, and this. He just said, I want to go home and maybe hang out with my friends. He doesn't have plans, he does not.
Speaker 3: Have tell me this. Pretend you're Terrence. You just walked into the surprise party. You already know about surprise Terence. Here's your birthday, keg Oh my god, happy birthday.
Speaker 2: I don't want that, so I feel Terrence. I don't want that either.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what does he say?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 3: Thanks guys?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: See, it's weird.
Speaker 2: It's just people are different about it. I hate people that are super into their birthday.
Speaker 5: You hate them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate people that are super into their birthday?
Speaker 6: Why my birthday makes me cringe when it's like my birthday where I just like always like, don't don't bring it up.
Speaker 2: I want to crawl in.
Speaker 4: And if you're weird about your birthday, fine, if you're great about your birthday, fight.
Speaker 2: I don't care. But I don't care exactly.
Speaker 4: See, you shouldn't hate people that really care about their birthday.
Speaker 3: Let them, Let them be happy. What's the joyous going far between in this life?
Speaker 2: Take it where you can.
Speaker 3: I'm cool with your birth you being excited about your birthday? You don't get it, monch. And there's the people that take it way too drazy.
Speaker 6: It's like if your birthday is like I want to take off work and have it to be your own day.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm cool with that, but like you don't get all of August.
Speaker 4: I don't get to say on October thirty first, when my birthday was October eleventh, to say, hey.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're going out for birthday, Drea, give miss the fifteenth time.
Speaker 2: This month, right, Okay, good luck, Terrence. I don't know, just they're being nice. Let's look at it that way. Twenty years of Mayhem in.
Speaker 9: The morning with the Rod Ryan Show, only.
Speaker 2: Ninety four ninety four or five the bus Good Morning brought Ryan's show Nirvana Alex one point one thousand, oh people have dropped photographs under you on our Facebook page this hour already, wow, not even forty minutes in. We are at nine thirty eight. Now you will have the shortest hour too, right, and a little behind.
Speaker 6: The scenes also, like you did say that whoever had the most comments on their picture they got like a thousand dollars bonus.
Speaker 3: You're giving him one thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: Will you say that I have a finished, I start, that's weird, you guys hear these weird things about my jeep and money and everything else. I don't know where you come up with this stuff. Got to know on the thousand dollars shoot me the audio of me saying that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got to have it. I have that.
Speaker 2: Oh you do?
Speaker 3: Okay good?
Speaker 2: He will have four winners this hour again for We'll have four winners and then we'll have a fifth winner. I know the show Chili will pull a sixth name this hour. From Links and Guests, people have been signing up all morning long to get into the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. All the information about the party is on Links and Guests. You should know it by now. Though it's uh October twelfth. It's at the car Back Brewery and we've got unplugged performances from Shinetown, Blue October, Sublime, Theory, but dead Man, and the xc's okay. Ten percent chance of Raine Sonny one O two Heat Advisory. Yes, Sydney Sweetey broke the Internet over the weekend. She's just posted a picture on her Instagram and everybody was going crazy about it. People were making memes of it and everything else. The other thing I saw a lot was post Malone's album came out. His country album came out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, people are losing their mind off that f.
Speaker 2: One trillion, and I couldn't find somebody saying something even somewhat negative about it. It's supposed to be phenomenal. Now it's a country album and he's got a ton of people helping him out with it.
Speaker 4: Eighteen tracks, Minie Wilson on one of those tracks, huh yeah.
Speaker 2: And then he's got the So the album has eighteen songs on it. Okay, he's got a deluxe version, it's got nine more songs on it. This guy's a machine right now cranking them out. The reactions from the internet, I'm going to say overwhelmingly positive. Has anybody heard it?
Speaker 3: No, I've heard some of his opry performance.
Speaker 4: I've heard him covering like Tyler Childress, Zach Bryant and then taking some of his older stuff like that Sunflower song that was really popular and like countrifying it.
Speaker 3: But I haven't heard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I haven't heard the new album. Like people are writing a new country song.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go and listen. I'm gonna go and take take a listen one thing about post Malone. He's a real likable guy.
Speaker 6: He is.
Speaker 2: I wasn't sure about him, like during the pandemic. Remember he put out he did that like concert where he did like Nirvana songs. Yeah, yeah, it wasn't great, but he was trying to do something. I thought it was cool, and he's a rock guy. In twenty fifteen, post Malone tweeted, and I saw this when I turned thirty, I'm becoming a country folk singer. Now this is before all this country wave and everybody going into the country music.
Speaker 5: He did this.
Speaker 2: He said that in twenty fifteen. He's now twenty nine years old, and he just put out the biggest country album right now. The biggest thing in country right now is post Malone's album F one trillion is uh is here and he's got everybody on it and Dolly Parton's gonna endorse him. Now you get a stay up of approval from Dolly. You're done like that be in a good way. You are in the club. You're in the club. All right. Good for posting. I think I put some of that stuff on the music blog.
Speaker 6: Read gonna talk about the jelly Roll and Machine Gun, Kelly just song well, if that was horrendous, it's been out for.
Speaker 2: About three weeks now.
Speaker 6: Well, I didn't know that until Friday, and I got mad, and that's why I was off country all week.
Speaker 3: Take Me Home, Country Road, John, you don't get to remix that.
Speaker 2: It's it's your melody remix. It's the melody of John Denver's County Country Road. Yeah, so they just kind of reworked that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they ruined it.
Speaker 2: But Chaboozie stole j Kwan song.
Speaker 3: It's not John Denver Country Roads. That's from Chingy.
Speaker 2: Chaboozy flat out stole Jakwan song. Same thing. J Kwon?
Speaker 3: Who is it at the same time, they're at the same time Kwon tipsy.
Speaker 2: Yes, he stole that song, and then he's got the number one.
Speaker 3: Song in the country, so he just like slowed it down a little bit.
Speaker 2: Nothing's off limits. We were like that, nothing's off limits right now.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't like you, like you try to do that with Sweet Caroline, then people would know, what is this?
Speaker 2: Like you did that with John didn't come on? Man, Well, so MGK, the way the world works, you just floated it out there. Someone's na GK. Somebody's gonna do it now?
Speaker 4: Is it like making Fox in the video. There's like a country music video with all of them jolly rolls in it. If is in it, Megan Fox is in it.
Speaker 2: Bunny might be in it wrestling Bunny.
Speaker 3: Therefore it shouldn't get a video with that song.
Speaker 2: It should be wrestling on a country road in a Scooby doo pool of Coleslaw.
Speaker 3: That might make it a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Then we'd be breaking the internet for real.
Speaker 3: Well, we get to kick off Facebook whatever.
Speaker 2: We're giving away twentieth anniversary tickets on No the Show. Tesla's gonna have a question for.
Speaker 9: You on the flip of this break Rock and Alternative where he used to The rod Ryan Marnin.
Speaker 5: Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning Ryan Show. Okay, we're getting ready to wrap up this show. Damn it went by quick. Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary tickets on the chopping block right now.
Speaker 5: La La la La La La La la la la la l.
Speaker 2: Still not too late to drop a quick selfie for the nine o'clock contest for the four opportunities to win. There's a lot of scamming going on out there. Guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Please don't react to any of that stuff. A lot of people are checking in with me, like, rod is this a scam? Yes, it's an absolute scam. Don't give your credit card information to anybody. I can't go in and do anything about it. It's not showing up on my page because I have blocked them and I have reported them. If you see something that is contacting you about winning something and takes you somewhere else, please report that for me. Please report that so we can at least kind of somewhat shut this down. We're trying our best because I still want to do fun stuff online like this. All right, calling in to win rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets joining us at the Carbock Brewery on October twelfth. What's your question?
Speaker 4: So you had mentioned that it's at National Potato Day or something, and you were asking us what our number two favorite way to eat a potato was, because you said this had to be number three. I think I agree, Yeah, I agree with this. What is the number one way to eat a potato according to the rod Ryan Show?
Speaker 3: Tell me that and then I'll give you the tickets number one, number one, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Number one, number one, the one you said first, the one, not the other stuff we were thrown in.
Speaker 3: That's like fancy schmancy right, number one you.
Speaker 4: Asked because you asked this for number two, because you said, this has to be one on pretty much all our list.
Speaker 2: And I think it is seven one three, two one two five nine four five. Hey Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety four point five the bus station from iHeart Radio The rod Ryan Show, every morning six to ten on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning rod Ryan Show is three days grace and number too late. Ten percent chance of rain, nothing above that sunny skies today, hies up around one true temperature gonna feel like a hell of a lot hotter than that heat advisory today. Awesome. He is now time for I Know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 5: La La la la, la la la.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna wrap everything up here. Good morning, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Good morning, Hello, who is this Rupert? Welcome to the show. How are you today?
Speaker 1: Very good?
Speaker 3: Very good?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Tesla.
Speaker 2: What's your question for nother show?
Speaker 3: Hey, Rupert, tell me which way did Rod say?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: Which way did Rod say? Potatoes are the best way to be eaten?
Speaker 2: I try?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's just set it all right, Why fred rice is the most delicious food.
Speaker 2: When you talk about what's your what's your favorite way to enjoy a potato? You have to ask that ques after fries.
Speaker 3: I believe you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I think ninety nine percent of people and Rupert's gonna come up in something crazy. He's gonna say scalop potatoes. Percent of people are gonna say French fries are the most common way and their favorite way to enjoy a potato. Rupert, what's your favorite way to enjoy a potato? Tell me about those scallop potatoes that you like.
Speaker 3: So much over rotten.
Speaker 2: See that's his favorite way. There you go. That's why I left it at ninety nine point nine. That point one is Rupert and he's on the show.
Speaker 4: And he'll be at the twentieth anniversary party for the Rod Ryan Show at Carl Gurray because he knows the show. You get a pair of passes how to ticket in town. Congrats, dude, La.
Speaker 2: Rupert can't wait to party with you, bro. Thank you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You there, Okay, Yeah, you'll see me there. I'm going. It's the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. I thought i'd go. I thought i'd stop buying and say, hid everybody. All Right, we got to wrap up some business. Alex got one point two thousand, matching Tessa's one point two thousand pictures dropped, which I don't know the exact numbers. All I've seen is one point two at one point one on mind. Chili got five hundred and fifty six in the home Room. Let's talk about home room. I think these other hours were smoking them Chile. Speaking of Chili, he's got four more winners to announce. Actually, you probably have five winners who announced, because we just gave away the ones that are on the radio. What are the four winners from Facebook?
Speaker 1: So we have Melissa Cummings, Bruce Sutherland, Jay Rose, Jay Rose, and Eric Brinkman.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then who's in charge of the sign ups for links and gases? Oh I am.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look at it. I'm gonna give it a little bit of time because not a lot of people went to that. They were all of Facebook. So I'm gonna give y'all a little bit of chance for those that don't win, or go to links and guests and then just go what do what it has to do, give y'all chance, maybe like a ten to fifteen, I'll cut it off.
Speaker 2: Okay, very good. Yeah, Autumn got the job done today. Became the APH Hall of Fame member this morning in homeroom, fresh out of bed, head to head. We need two brand new players. Tomorrow we start again. I mean, if there's no finish line on this show, we just start again. So two brand new players. Maybe you've never played fresh Fish, maybe you wait, wait in your thirty days. Whatever, we'll get you onto play tomorrow morning at six twenty. Thank you to the Texas Hammer for coming on. We played that game today. It was a three game day for us. We had the Great Texas Hammer on with us at around seven to twenty this morning. I thought that was a really, really difficult Weezer song today. Milk Monday was our number one link and then testa six picks for the weekend. Great pictures. Make sure you go and check those out on links and guests, world Famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. You're all beautiful You're Monday selfies. I really really enjoyed it. I really I like it as much as I talk about it. I really do enjoy it. I think it's the coolest thing to see you guys, all right, the Summer of Summer Sizzler. Christian from clear Lake beat Anthony from Roche Iran, Okay, Roa, Sharron, you're out. That's it, You're done, Okay, Anthony Blewett for you guys. Yeah, but clear Lake is still in it. Tomorrow on the show at eight twenty. League City's gonna take on Kleine. We're still in the Sweet sixteen. Okay, let's see tomorrow is tat Tuesday, We've got more. I'm sorry. Jeremy is coming up. He's got the NonStop Nooner. I don't know if he's given away twentie anniversary party tickets. I don't know if or not. I know he's got I know he's got alternative income. Butany he's got a bunch of tickets for you, So you're gonna have to You're gonna have to check in with him to see if he has those. Okay, rod Ryan Show on All Socials at rod Ryan Show tested on Houston Life Today at one o'clock. All right, that's it, guys, we gotta go, we gotta go. We're out a twenty hour break. Good luck with this heat today, guys, be careful outside. True temperature high one o two is done. Hey I'm at.
Speaker 4: Who.
Speaker 2: Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.