Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, August thirteenth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and fifty three, powered by NZXT. I have to spray this Japanese cooling miss, because this podcast is already way too hot. I'm your host, Jim oh Shoa, the coolest man in games media co captain of the ship, joining me as always Jeff Grubb.
Speaker 2: I am fully lathered in Japanese menthol.
Speaker 1: It's the only way to podcast the bad Menthol of games media. Games meets own Mike Mentholminati.
Speaker 3: Save Muppet Vision. Don't let them take it away. They're gonna have to rip me off that miss Piggy statue. I'm gonna be chained to it. Dose through me before they take down that theater. Save Muppet Vision.
Speaker 1: So Brave, So Brave. Reporting live from southern California, are our Disney correspondent, bringing us the latest and greatest in all things uh Disney related. Bailey Myers. Everyone, Hello, show me that ducks. But yeah, that ducks.
Speaker 2: But audio lister, she's wearing a Donald Duck hat that has a butt.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that's the whole that's the whole thing.
Speaker 4: It's like I described it earlier as a vestigial tail. That's what it feels like.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. Yeah, the hat has evolved beyond the need for a body.
Speaker 1: I think the hat would have been fine without the little body.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, exactly, it would have been fine.
Speaker 3: Now it's great, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's true. It did make packing it very awkward. I'm like, put the body into the.
Speaker 4: Jane got it for me as a souvenir from Tokyo Disney. He was like, what characters do you like? And I was like, the duck.
Speaker 2: I can look at him, looking at him. You're waiting to ask what you got?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Mike?
Speaker 2: Fuck so much? I was like, oh, this is fine. I can't wait for him to do the thing.
Speaker 3: I hate you so much?
Speaker 4: Are you going to take my joy from me because you did not get any of your own? That's so selfish.
Speaker 3: I didn't actually ask, but I saw your face I knew. I just want to make sure that I have something coming.
Speaker 1: You gotta get yours.
Speaker 4: You gots at Kenny Wood? Was that not plenty?
Speaker 3: Yeah? If that was Kenny Wood and you put yours has a butt, doesn't got Kenny Wood that has a butt?
Speaker 4: They had to have stuff there that had butts. They were just they inexplicably had an extremely different merch every single store we went to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's weird. The regional parks are bad about the merch. Sometimes they don't have like the one big convenience shop right at the entrance. Like you know, this Disney's great because it's a giant store, almost too big, and they keep it open like two hours after the park closing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I feel quite dumb not getting Mike something from Tokyo Disney. But I did get you something from the Nintendo store in Japan. Oh that's that you can only get there, So don't worry, Mikey, I'm not gonna Okay, I got I got the crew. Everyone on the crew, Nikki Sean. I still need your addresses because I just want to mail them all at once and figure out how mailing works. I'm like that that one tweet going around little hand towels because it gets mighty uh muggy in Japan, so you know, you gotta wipe the brow. Maybe perhaps you go to a public rest room there's no paper towels. You don't want to stick your hand in the hand dryers, so you know, yeah you dap them off, you dry yourself in with Luigi now in towel form, Yeah yeah, maybe maybe perhaps eight pick men. The They were also very adamant, like we don't have Zelda towels here, we don't carry that, Like, why would you wipe that on Princess Zelda?
Speaker 4: Princess, she's realty, she's about.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true, It's true. What's happening everybody? What's going on? How's ever we're doing your.
Speaker 3: Threat about theme parks? No, I'm mostly excited about all this stuff they announced, but you know, like the one thing I like is maybe going away, so you know, I get scared.
Speaker 2: Give us the give us the short version. What happened at D twenty three that like, as someone who's going like later this year? Actually, I can't remember stuff doing all the planning. Who's going soonish? What should that be?
Speaker 1: Excited? Give me the D twenty three in me?
Speaker 3: All right? The big stuff announced. Most of it's Disney World Animal Kingdom, The Dinosaur area is going away for an Indiana Jones, right, I like Indiaana Jones and an Encanto ride, which seems cool. Like that whole Land's gonna be kind of a Tropical America's themed frontier Land and Magic Kingdom. They're taking Tompsar Island in that river like our Rivers of America with the boat getting rid of that. I'm sad about losing the boats, but they're gonna put in a different kind of cars land there with a rally racing themed attraction Jeff Rally Racing. Okay, all right, so cars right, we did, but specifically like Sega Rally. So like people are also upset about losing that. I get it. I'm gonna I'm gonna miss uh the boat that one. I can let go a little bit. And then later in a frontier land, a villains land. Everyone's very excited about that, like specifically a land for villains. So that's the thing. Now. They also announced a Monster's ink Land for Hollywood Studios. The big thing here is that we're finally gonna get like a coaster based off the door sequence from that film, right.
Speaker 1: Like the Raptor at point.
Speaker 3: Yes, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just have that skin of Superstar Limo right now for as our only monsters. No that's not true. We also have Mike's Mike and Sully's laugh factory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't maybe don't get too attached to those because uh, well well so I'll get to that second. But yeah, so this Monster's England.
Speaker 1: Verty just Mike Wazowski and Grub is just Sully.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whoa, Yes, I have a huge Mike Wazowski from the first movie when he's a schlub, not in the weird prequel where he's suddenly a very like go getter, like big, like like a plus student or whatever. The reconic photos a lot.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: I you're right, uh but yeah, so the Master's Acland looks cool. Everyone's just really concern about where it's going, and they won't say where it's going, and it's going to report. It's because they're heavily considering putting it where the Muppet stuff is, even though there's a part of the land called Animation Courtyard right now that's nothing. It'll be way better to put it there, but it'd be cheaper to put it in put it where the Muppets are, because there's already like a restaurant there and it already kind of looks like a city. So everyone's freaking out right now, we're going to see what's what's happening. We're going to go through this, Yeah, California Adventure, Bailey in Disneyland.
Speaker 1: I also live in California, Mike, what the hell Bailey?
Speaker 3: Anyways in California?
Speaker 4: Tell me mother stuff is only relevant to me.
Speaker 3: So they're going to put an avatar land in California Adventure. It's not going to be a clone of ours. It's going to be specifically Way of Water themed. Okay, I'm very excited. But we don't know. But this might be going where the Hollywood area is, so you know, Mike Issowy and similar things.
Speaker 4: That's fine actually, because it is always funny for me when I go because I used to live literally like in Hollywood, and then I'd go to Hollywood Land and be like, look, there's Koway, But I don't need to drive an hour to do that. I can do that now. I can drive an hour to visit Kouwenga, now the real one, not the one that's a two thirds scale. So this seems good to me. Actually, can they give me a pod to touch? I really want to touch the pod so I can better connect to a WAT.
Speaker 3: Well, you'll have to have a pod because there's an universe reason for the pod. What allows us to breathe on Pandora because it creates oxy?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Piezo Piezo.
Speaker 3: Coco. Coco is getting a ride in Califoy Adventure. Also, Oh cool, I'm into that. That's short version. There's more stuff happen. It's a short version.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't know where it's going.
Speaker 4: Probably can I take a guess? Bye by Goofy Sky School.
Speaker 3: I thought, see maybe, I thought maybe somewhere like over by Grizzly River Run it can make I.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't mind if they got rid of Grizzly River Run due to the inherent danger of all.
Speaker 3: The rat rise.
Speaker 1: What did we expect?
Speaker 2: I know, I don't know why I started this.
Speaker 4: I asked you did ask what did you learn to three?
Speaker 2: I do distinctly remember starting that sentence with the short version.
Speaker 3: This is the short like three hour presentation, really nice skins for thirty minutes. At one point, save Muppet Vision, everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right, everyone, I need you to reach out. We can only save Muppet Vision if we all touch the pot at once. All right, I'm going to touch.
Speaker 3: The pot, and you're trying to save all attractions but mostly vision. Exactly exactly, Wow, Wow, that one I did.
Speaker 1: We're all going to touch the pot on three. All right, reach out to your phones however you're watching this, and then we'll all tap into AWA at once. All right, two, I see you? All right? Bro Uh anything else popping off, y'all get into anything else.
Speaker 2: Mostly just like starting to feel a little bit of regret.
Speaker 1: That I didn't do much with my summer. I mean, I did go up to Michigan.
Speaker 2: We had that little vacation, but summer's kind of like ending here pretty soon, like the kids are going back to school, Like that is where the mind frame is at for me. So so that's like kind of all I'm thinking about. Oh, so, like if we wanted to do something, we'd have to do it now. And I'm busy and I can't do much. So I'm like, I think we are going to make a point to go to the beach here. Fine, exactly, but one last thing right on Lake Erie. So yeah, North Coast.
Speaker 3: Yeah cool.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: You were like, I don't want to talk about D twenty three anymore. I want to talk about existential sadness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen a more more adults, exactly.
Speaker 1: That's that's the.
Speaker 4: Two are inextricably linked.
Speaker 2: We're slowly marching toward our death, and that's what this show is about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, twenty three.
Speaker 3: Also, it's all right, okay, well I didn't know that, but it's going to live forever.
Speaker 4: Mumps are going to live forever. Their felt they can't die.
Speaker 1: They can't.
Speaker 4: They couldn't kill them if you wanted to.
Speaker 3: No, you could burd them, I guess.
Speaker 1: But we're not going to Jeff grub, I'm going to mandate as someone that has no power over you because on whatever corporate ladder, we are holding hands on the rungs, holding dangling.
Speaker 2: From from from the Dan Record's Hoka sneakers. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, and and we have Mike Minatti, Nikki and and Sean in our other hands collectively as Jeff Backlar is like.
Speaker 2: Just flapping his Icarus wings closer and closer to the sun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just grimacing and looking at It's like you guys, come on.
Speaker 4: Feels like I'm getting pretty close to the sun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He wouldn't get too close to the sun, Let's be real. The pat pat.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, I just got text from Dan saying he's OH'SO. I assumed that came it late, but he was not enjoying by twenty three recap, He's continued.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to tell you, Jeff Grubb, You're gonna have to take a vacation next summer after summer game Fest. I'm not gonna let you work for weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds good. Maybe maybe that could be our our Japan trip, Mike.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can go to Disney, go to Japan during the summer. Haven't you learned anything from over We're not going there? Yeah, all right, all right? Uh, and then you're gonna take another two weeks, Jeff, I do.
Speaker 2: Have the I am going to Disney soonish, so that'll be a vacation here.
Speaker 1: That'll be like a week. So I'll take I'll take a two week vacation next summer. That sounds good, you know, Like I like this idea of a dark week, you know, you know we do that. What about we just well I'll just stream nothing but the Dog that okay, well that would.
Speaker 2: Actually do way better than us.
Speaker 3: And yeah, what was.
Speaker 2: That that movie that like the collection of Westerns that the Coen Brothers did, And there was that one story about like there was this really talented actor guy, but he didn't have arms or legs, and the guy that was taking care of him had like feed him and be responsible for him. And then he discovered like a chicken that could do math, and so you.
Speaker 4: Scruggs.
Speaker 1: The ballot of Buster scrugs.
Speaker 2: So so he left the talented actor guy and took the chicken that did math instead. And it's like, I'll just have this.
Speaker 1: This is cheaper. So what the moral that.
Speaker 2: Story is we can't have Scout replace us is I'm very worried about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's where we were going with that. Okay, fantastic.
Speaker 3: That's all going on an Alaskan cruise. It's not hot there.
Speaker 1: I would like that quite a.
Speaker 4: Bit of one. They have Disney Marses that got to go that way. We can get there with Captain Mickey. I know you, I was saying, for the benefit of the other two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Can finally take my friend up that moved to Alaska to to go fish for salmon, and I haven't seen him since I went to the Underground Majong. Then over the weekend, I've returned the Grandma songs.
Speaker 2: You returned, but you seem changed.
Speaker 1: I seemed changed for the worst. For sleep deprivation and uh, you know. I I'm not gonna say that. I went to the bank and asked for a bunch of singles to perhaps put on games, only to find out, Oh, we're only doing friendly matches and we're not doing anything for actual money today. And you have to play nice with all these other people because they're just learning how to play for the first time, and you want to encourage and build a community.
Speaker 3: And as dank as I was expecting, Yeah, underground, it just is what it used to be.
Speaker 4: This seems like we're all just hanging out and having a good time together where.
Speaker 1: That pravity exactly. So what if I had if there was a person in a corner making smash burgers out of spam and I the other ship was going on and someone was like, hey, bro, you look like you could use my tie, And I'm like, you know what, yes, anyway, am I going back to the underground Majong Day? Yes? Hell yeah?
Speaker 2: God do you think you'll corrupt it and make it into.
Speaker 1: A thousand percent because of the first game that I have to talk about today.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ. Oh, I hate that.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go home.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 3: Yes, shopping girl.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, I have found the next bolotro.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, you've for it, even though we've asked you to stop.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have found this game. This was putting onto my radar. It's called Dungeons and Degenerates Gamblers where.
Speaker 3: I know what word? You got too interested in this one?
Speaker 1: And so this is a a card game where you are playing combative blackjack oh shit against in a camp a campaign that is very much framed like a Slave the Spire esque or like a branching paths where you play blackjack and your opponent that you're playing against has certain hit points and the difference in your hands. So say you draw twenty one, the AI draws twenty, You subtract two points and do deal two points of damage to the AI. Now there are a bunch of variables that enter and go into play like the AI. Sometimes your opponent can has to stand at thirteen, so you can be you can be a little a little bit spicy. You get a fourteen, but you're like, you know what, homeboy's gonna stand here at thirteen. Let's try and get some more damage going. And then you know, if you bust out, you just do zero damage or you do zero damag and then your opponent does whatever the difference would be. So if they're staying at thirteen, you bust out, they do thirteen to you. And I thought that's where the fun shenanigans would end. But there is also different mechanics for each of these suits, and so if you score a winning hand with any heart cards, you restore your health because of the hearts. If you do stuff with like the Diamond suit, you wind up increasing your chip count, and your chip count is used during battles. You can steal chips, lose chips, bet, and you use the chips to unlock more cards because at the end of each battle you similar to like a Slay of the Spire, you have the option to choose cards as a prize, and at the end of each round you can use your chips to unlock a bonus fifth option. And I thought, okay, cool, cool, cool, cool, this is great. This is already a bunch of fun. And then I got a stamp card where uh and I filled out my stamp card to ten. And then it turns out if you properly fill out your stamp card and this gets thrown into your regular playing deck, it's just an automatic twenty one. So that's it. That's cool. And then I started getting more of oddball cards, like there is a Gerald of Rivier era he ah.
Speaker 3: God hearing Jeff mispronounced the girl's name in a row again this morning yesterday. That was rough, sorry to say, No, that's right girl.
Speaker 4: To me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how it's spelled.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And there was a King of the Cosmos card from a Katamaria and there was also a Queen Chess piece of card. So I'm just assuming that this game is just full of a bunch of random, miscllaneous bullshit. And somehow I found this game last night. I remote played into my computer at home as I was I was at the place I needed to be last night. And let me tell you, six hours flies by when you're just playing a competitive blackjack Oh hell yeah, okay and yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Also, you know how Enslaved the spire Monster trained similar games, you can upgrade cards and generally it'll be like oh this, you get a plus one or a minus one. And like in Bilatro, if you upgrade a ten, it'll upgrade it to a jack, right, it'll just go the next suit up. I upgraded a ten in this game in dungeons and degenerates gamblers, and it just made it into an eleven instead of a jack. So I am looking forward to all of the buffoonery that comes up.
Speaker 4: I think you have said so many words that are so intriguing to me. This sounds great. It's blackjack and also those other games you listed.
Speaker 1: Oh and the thing is you were only dealing with your deck when you were pulling a dealing from from the blackjack, so your opponent is dealing with their own, separate deck. So it be so much easier if you could do that. Yeah, it's like, yeah, I only have nothing but aces in this one. And if you're bad at math like me, and you take a quick second, if not a minute, to add up your cards when you're playing proper blackjack, that kills any momentum.
Speaker 2: That you have.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, folks, it does all the math for you. It looks really good. It looks it's it's very snappy. H Alteno, which was the majong blotcher game I was talking about last week. That seems super early in its development, so it doesn't quite feel all the way there. The Roulette Bolotro like that came out a couple of weeks ago also didn't feel quite there. But Dungeons and Degenerates Gamblers it feels like, well it's already out, but it has that same uh snappiness that Blotro does right out the gate. It's terrible.
Speaker 3: I don't it is acredble Just how much aesthetically it looks like balatro So, I mean grated. Of course it's, you know, a card game, but still it's like has just that right amount of pixelation that you know, we're clearly in an era of people specifically making games to be like billatro I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah we got we have.
Speaker 2: Like Tennedy's and this one seems to be one of the better ones.
Speaker 1: So Yeah, came out August eighth.
Speaker 5: It's how much was it was like fifteen bucks if you get Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna I just just added to my account.
Speaker 3: I will give this a shot out to my account. Let's been this. I'll add to my wishless like an average Joe.
Speaker 2: I mean you don't have to hate me.
Speaker 1: I mean I do, though better. It's the new gimmick. It's the new gimmick. Bailey. We needed a fourth because Dan is out in Europe today.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, thank you for considering me.
Speaker 1: Uh, of course, of course. And I thought to myself when I saw you pop into the call, thank goodness you're here, And that works out because you've also been playing Thank Goodness you're here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean in as much, in as much as you can have been placed three hours long. But god, it's so such a fun three hours. Boy, it's so silly.
Speaker 2: Did you want it to last longer? Because I didn't.
Speaker 1: I was very happy with the lange.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a perfect amount of game.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was just really enjoying it. So I just like when experiences continue for me. But no, I think three hours is exactly right for that game.
Speaker 2: What's your feelings towards humorous video games in general? Because typically I'm like, I don't find most games to be too funny. I've definitely laughed a some writing. I have a soft spot for stuff like Mario and Luigi because they're like, oh, look, there's this is such good writings. But I get they're goobers, but I recognize that that's not like, oh, that wouldn't work as like a comedy film or something that writing this does feel like this could on Cartoon Network right there within any of those other shows. I was really impressed.
Speaker 1: What'd you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree. I think that typically comedy and gaming can fall a little bit flat due to the fact that nobody in the gaming industry is funny. But yeah, it's a huge problem that we have, Like they have that that awful Rick and Morty game that came out last year, and it's just where the gun yelled at you. No fun. And there can be elements of comedy and games that work really well, for sure, but typically games that are really focused on comedy as like the main element, get very tiresome very quickly, which is why three hours is the perfect length through this one. But it did feel very like modern in its comedic stylings. I'm always glad to hear Matt Berry anywhere. The second he showed up, I was like, oh, hell yeah, I'd recognize that weird pronunciation anywhere. It's so good. It's you're just a little guy. It's it's big, basically untitled goose game, but everyone's excited to see you and not showing you out of places, and that's great. And there's like a lot of sex stuff, which they didn't have an untitled Goose game.
Speaker 2: No, which is a big problem with entitled Goose game. Can't believe the one the game Award or whatever.
Speaker 1: It is not enough sex, too much in a little kitty big city.
Speaker 2: Though I do have to bring this up every time just to throw him under the bus. Dan Reker did not really see any of the sex jokes. He's your boy, Yeah, there's.
Speaker 4: Now what no dance.
Speaker 3: Dan's trying to blame it more on his bad memory than like being obtuse and not understanding double entendres.
Speaker 1: That's right stuff.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: At one point, Matt Berry's character fucks a pumpkin and then a baby comes out, and then he eats the baby. What did he think that was?
Speaker 2: He knew that was dark, but I don't I think I don't know if it was registering with them.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Well, you know, maybe it's sweet boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Maybe Dan just thought that's what they do across the pond, right exactly.
Speaker 3: Instead of using air conditioning, they fuck pumpkins.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that's that's what I guess.
Speaker 4: Right, sort of like how pigs roll around in mud. It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get all that pumpkin goo on you from you knows the rigorous pumpkin fucking.
Speaker 4: It's genuinely like. I had such a good time with it. Like, I think everyone should play this game. It's it's three hours and it's not hard. It's just like a fun three hours where you just kind of vibe through it.
Speaker 3: I have it installed. I'm kind of saving it for this Europe trip coming up. Like I know at some point I'm going to like be sitting somewhere nothing to do, and you know, playing through something for three hours sounds lovely. Yeah, fun time.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you stream it? Barely? Did you try to do that? How did that go? I was curious.
Speaker 2: I was like, this seems like a game that might be okay for streaming, but it's all about experiencing it, so maybe it wouldn't be. I don't know. It was good.
Speaker 4: Everyone was experiencing it with me. We were all sort of baffled by what was happening simultaneously, which is a fun vibe. We're all like, hey, what the hell was that with the pumpkin baby. I also sort of got to comfort each other in the grimness of that moment. It was nice. I needed a little emotional support for it, and I got I got that emotional support. It was perfect. My stream community was lovely for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It seems like the kind of game that like you can go and perform it. Kind of similar to untitled Goose game. Again, So yeah, interesting cool. I really liked that game. I don't not like super in love with it, but I'm really glad I didn't miss it. I think it's definitely worth playing. Like you said, and again.
Speaker 4: With three hours, I don't think you have to be in love with it, like that's the thing exactly. If it's a one hundred hour plus game, I better love that thing. But three hours, yeah, I'll just have like a nice time. I've spent three hours doing worse stuff.
Speaker 1: Ye exactly.
Speaker 4: How Avatar two Way of Water?
Speaker 1: What? Wowait?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Wow? By? What? What? My heart?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: You're not just wait? What what Jesus? What all the gifts that got you put him back in the bag?
Speaker 3: Their Emma's now sorry?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: You know anything when the son taught the father how to breathe and it was like a full circle moment and the other son was fucking dead, Bailey.
Speaker 4: I remember that. At what point in the three hour run time did that happen?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: What about? What about when the lady in the mech suit drank a cup of coffee and then the mech also drank a cup.
Speaker 4: Of coffee that was pretty good.
Speaker 1: You remember that? Oh God, you think you know someone?
Speaker 3: Right, you can see fire Nash and yes, all of us need to see the guitar three.
Speaker 4: You have to understand. I'm gonna see it. I'm just gonna be like, why here's that four hours?
Speaker 3: You're gonna see it and like it.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're gonna make you. We're gonna watch it in the back of a taxi on Grub's phone. That's right the way it was intended.
Speaker 3: Would your baby have to be made out of for you to consider eating it?
Speaker 4: Mmm?
Speaker 1: Pizza immediate.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say it by donut baby eat m all right? Uh something you think about that.
Speaker 1: One, Bailey? Well, speaking about fucking pumpkins, I've been playing a farming game as well, right Fields of Mystery. I don't believe you can bang a pumpkin here.
Speaker 4: Oh I've heard this is very good.
Speaker 1: Uh so I've never played Stardoo Valley. Oh wow, Now it's time to disappoint our friends today, Bailey, when.
Speaker 4: You go Friend's hour? Okay, Well, we're on theme.
Speaker 1: At least, I've never played Starduo Valley. The only farming game that I got heavily invested in was Disney Dreamlight Valley for different reasons. We're not gonna but feels a mystery. It's a It is a farming game, except it takes what I assume is the Stardoo formula of growing stuff, except you add magic into it. I'm only like an hour or so into it. Friend of the site Sarah Podzorski did work on the game, so shouts out to a homegirl. And this is making me think I might like farming games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're funny that you should probably play Stardoo Valley. I mean, but I am you know, I could like always go for another one of those fa Farm happened what last year, And that was also just a farming game with fantasy magic stuff. So I wonder, like how the two of these compare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fay Farm had like the like made it easier, like run around and jump around and like get up to different level levels and stuff like that, and it was like in full three D. This one is much more Stardoo Valley coded across like across the board.
Speaker 1: Question for the panel here, Yes, do I just jump in blind to stard you at this point?
Speaker 3: Oh? Sure, yeah, it'll be fine. Fine, Well, it's hard to say. It's like I jumped in blind. But i'd also like played Harvest Moon before and it's very much one of those. There's a specific loop to the game that I think you'll figure out the game.
Speaker 2: I think you would ask your friends who have played High for advice and like, hey, I'm like I feel like I'm going to miss this season and not do anything. Well, you know what, Actually, if you grow some barley, then you'll have something to do in the winter and stuff like that. We can give you pointers.
Speaker 1: That's a good way to play.
Speaker 4: I think they have that COPD. I've never done multiplayer Starty Valley. How does that work?
Speaker 1: You should find out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: I've been wanting to do it for a while.
Speaker 6: So all righty oh yeah this week Dan, here's here's the only important tip is that the game was going to really try to push Penny on you as a romantic interest.
Speaker 3: No no, no, not my dog. It's it's a redhead lady who's like, she's really nice like kids and like her mom's an alcoholic and all, maybe you can save her like.
Speaker 4: That only happens if you talk to her.
Speaker 1: I don't talk to any of the women.
Speaker 4: The time I date Abigail, the girl who eats rocks.
Speaker 2: All, I'm married to the land. I would never get a.
Speaker 3: Kind of feel bad about because it was entirely superficial.
Speaker 4: I love Haley. You can change her, actually.
Speaker 3: Do change her, And it's it's almost upsetting how much she changes by like dating you. She's kind of like, yeah, she's great, I guess, but her whole thing is that she's kind of like doesn't want to be there and she's kind of like over it. She's kind of got like like what am I even doing here that she like falls over you. She's like, I love living on a farm.
Speaker 1: Actually gonna a tearless for romance game.
Speaker 3: So RS six four is the first like farm game I played. But it was also the first game I ever played where you could, you know, like date people, and I thought that was very exciting as like a twelve or thirteen year old boy.
Speaker 1: I got, oh, I know where you're playing?
Speaker 2: Fields of Mystery of jan I just saw a lady and overall, look at this it's just it's just like value all over again, that there's.
Speaker 3: A lot of those in farming ladies and overalls. Listen, grub, we all got a type. Okay, you don't got to put me on blast here, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh? Anyway, God if they I'm gonna keep that thought inside my head. I'm not gonna share that I thought. Joh I did the quick thing of the mental math of like, all right, I already put too much out on the internet. We're not gonna say that if a no, see I almost did it, almost say.
Speaker 2: Step back from the ledge. We'll talk about Muppet Vision some more.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with that, but Jeff and Dan don't like it.
Speaker 4: I think there should be more Bean Bunny Merch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some people don't like being crazy.
Speaker 1: Puerto Rican rapper.
Speaker 3: No, that's funny.
Speaker 4: Bean Bunny is one of the main characters of Mother Vision three D.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you feel about Waldo Bailey? A lot of people don't like Waldo.
Speaker 4: You're not supposed to like. He's the spirit of three D. He's obnoxious. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It feels like I'm slowly trudging up and I'm doing fat roles through this podcast.
Speaker 4: Something true about yourself and instead you listen to more muppet vision. Was that a fair trade off.
Speaker 2: Listeners would be a podcast that fat rolls tell us about it?
Speaker 1: For sure, I've already decided I'm going to allow myself to get real and emotional and it very inebriated only one night of games comyn we do care. Yes, of course, of course I found three. You already saw my list, Mike. I'm going to send you a list just like you have been sending people to their death Dark Souls too.
Speaker 3: Maybe more the other way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I finished Dark Souls one, really enjoyed it. I felt like I did pretty good too. I was like pretty proud of myself. Well, I was doing well, especially against the bosses, like except for the gargoyles, which was like early on when I wasn't really a built out character. I don't think any boss took me more than four tries. That was a big boy. Started Dark Souls two finally, which you know, like I always just kind of here, is like a bit more of a controversial one for whatever reasons, Like there's some things about it that are just a bit different in terms of game feel or game design. I don't really know, but I got a sense of that, playing the first few hours and mostly getting my butt kicked. Now, it turns out the large reason that happened was because in like Dido a cult, I joined a cult.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well fun.
Speaker 3: They call covenants, which is a much nicer way of saying.
Speaker 1: Call sure rights what calts call themselves.
Speaker 3: Yes, I joined a covenant because like in the last game and Dark Souls won, there's all these covenants and like, I was like, should I join these? And you know, I'm streaming and checks like, I gets sure, it doesn't matter. It's usually it was like just a way to get spells, and I'm not using spells anyway, So I would just join a covenant because it's like not something like, you know, stupid little magic user. But uh I found this like rock and I was like, do you want to join the Covenant of Champions. I was like yeah, sure, and I was just kind of clicking and I don't know, talking chat and like immediately Chat's like should we tell him? I was like, tell me what.
Speaker 2: Was right?
Speaker 3: And I'm trying to do like a pretty blind playthrough. So I was like, okay, I'm not going to push the point, but you know, then I played for another two hours, and it was very difficult and I died a lot. It was hard to make any progg easer, right. I was really like scratching and clawing, and then finally somebody led it stuff that I basically activated hard mode by joining that covenant. Yeah, so I kind of freaked out, but thankfully there's a cat you can talk to to get you out of covenants, so I had to like teleport back to town and talk to the cat, and the cat really like the way I smell for some reason, and like made sure I knew that, and then yeah, I was out of there, and I was having a much nicer time after that. But there is like some of the weirdness that people talk about, like healing works differently, the animation for it is slower, but also there's a lot more healing consumable items that you're supposed to use. There's in general more areas with a lot of enemies, so there's more kind of crowd control happening. But you know, and like I fought some bosses and stuff that was very fun. That still felt very good. So I think I'm kind of seeing both sides of the people who are like, oh dark Souls too is kind of the weird one. Then the defenders like, no, it's still great. You know, it's essential, you got to play it. Also, I'm having fun. How I'm excited to go through more of it, Mike.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for you and your journey. And I also want to hear if you were going to stick through and continue going through. And you've probably already been this several times, but make a Man X five.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, that was just kind of like, okay, and play something on my switch, And Jeff brought up maybe making me play Mega Man X seven has started making me think about the X games, which you know, I'm more of I'm a big Mega Man fan, but usually more classic than X and that kind of back half of the X games I have not played nearly as much as the front half. Now that's largely because they're not as good. And playing X five, you know, I had a good time. But X five, which is generally considered one of the better ones of five through eight, it kind of almost bums me out in some ways. Cause so Mega Man X four and Mega Man eight were on PlayStation and at eight was even on Saturda y, so they were like two d Capcom games with that generation, and they were kind of like very high production values. They had anime cut scenes. You know, they had bad voiceover in the West, but whatever it was cut scenes. Everything was very spiffy then, and neither of them so particularly well. So then X five is clearly a cheaper production, right, Like it's just like still images and the cut scenes and you know, the graphics that look quite as polished. It's also the first one, at least that I can remember, that has the radio buddy, so you like, you know, you walk ten feet and then the game just stops and there's dialogue options like Mega Man. There's you know, a gap there, You're gonna have to jump over it. It's like, yes, I know. It just really drives me crazy because Mega Man is such a doobie game. It's worse than almost anything else to be that game. If you just stop and have somebody tell me what to do, it drives me absolutely crazy. So it was still fun enough to play through. It was kind of on the easier side for an X game two, which in some ways was nice. It made it a bit more show. But yeah, there's a reason why I don't think about Mega Man X five as much as say X four in the first X those are those are kind of the my go tos for that series.
Speaker 1: You are just playing on the collections, right, is that what you said? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so just was playing on a switch on the Mega that's volume two Mega Man X collection.
Speaker 1: Are good, Okay, cool?
Speaker 3: Actually good. In fact, it was actually feels better than the first Mega Man Classic collection on switch, which has like noticeable input leg for me, not necessarily like playing the Mega Man Classic Collection.
Speaker 1: Is a sangwich.
Speaker 2: This switch in general is a lot of the emulated eight bit and sixteen big games, so for some reason end up with a little bit of input lag and work the places.
Speaker 3: Was feel pretty good actually, But yeah, I'm gonna play Megma three is my favorite video game ever, right, and if I'm going to play that these days, you know, I would rather just play a rom on my computer. In fact, actually the e Shop Virtual Console version of Mega Man three on the three DS was pretty much perfect. They got rid of some glitches. I kind of ran better. That was my favorite way of playing Mega Man three for a long time.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking about checking out older games, Jeff Grubb, you've been playing Doom and Doom too, yeah.
Speaker 2: So at Quake Con they announced that Nightdive had actually done a little bit of a red dus of Doom and Doom two and they put it together into one collection. And if you if you own Doom or Doom two, like on Steam or I think a lot of the consoles, you just get it. You get these for free automatically. It's just a free update, but then you can go if you don't, you can go get it for ten dollars. And it's really well done. For one thing, they do an excellent job of I think they kind of did a similar thing with that Quake remaster, where they just have all the stuff listed over to the side. There's Doom, there's Doom too, There's a bunch of other stuff, and then there's like a bunch of the sort of I guess wads that some people would make later. Machine Games just made a new episode that you could play from the main menu. But they also have the John Ramera one sigil from a few few years back, things like that.
Speaker 1: Pardon my ignorance, please, I've been too scared to ask this. Yep, what does WAD mean? What it's? Where's all the stuff? It's it's it's like it's just.
Speaker 2: One of their funny terms, but it's it's just like when you load in a mod essentially for Doom, where's all that where's the where's all the data? Yeah, that's what it's called. Uh yeah, so anyway you would, it's like it's like one of those. But I started playing Doom again just the first episode started playing. It has the remix to music, which is just really powerful when you're playing that game that just like consumes you and like gets you in the mood for Doom. And it turns out that game still really fun because it's just so fast and action packed, and.
Speaker 1: I love the way it looks. I've always loved the way that.
Speaker 2: Those early three D shooters with the two D sprite enemies looked. Made me want to go back and play even more of the Dark with the Star Wars one a Dark Forest Forces. Yes, it's like I just told the way that looks as well for the same reason. That's a good Doom clone. But yeah, they just I think they did a really good job with this, and I'm gonna try to stick with it a little bit. I will probably at some point skip over some of the content and go play what Machine games made because I like what they did with the Quake thing. They did a similar sort of Oh hey, here's a new story for Quake.
Speaker 1: They did that here.
Speaker 2: I hope this is like machine games like getting either maybe take over some of these franchises in some way and do some new stuff. Clearly dooms still going, so maybe they're gonna go back to Quake. But I think this is just a neat thing that they do. And Night Dive as always like really delivered.
Speaker 3: We still need to play Pod, which was another Night Dive.
Speaker 2: FPS Master played a little bit of that a few weeks back, and it's it's really interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was like a weird three D oero doom, like where you plays like a chef angry chef on a spaceship and you're.
Speaker 2: Those chopping cleavers and stuff that you can throw. Yeah, it's really weird.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: And it's called gome On.
Speaker 1: I get it. I get it. Speaking about remasters, hot remasters that everyone on the Internet is buzzing about and having so much fun, Bailey Myers Luigi's Mansion two HD.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh so the new Honest game trailer drops in seven minutes. Oh my god, I hated this fucking game.
Speaker 3: Did you play these? Mention three D.
Speaker 4: You can't go to the Heights of Guig and then take me back to this bullshit. First of all, it's a pretty it's it's just a port like it's not. They made it look a little nicer. They added literally one entire pun. I googled forever to just be like, is there anything else that they added to this game? No, that a ghost that lives in a piano and his name is Behothoven. Is it worth fifty of my dollars?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: No, you say while wearing the Donald duck butt hat.
Speaker 4: The Donald duck butt hat was free for me, thank you because my friend Jan got it for me. No, Luigi's Mansion two HD uh is Oh, it's miserable. First of all, Like I played it on the three DS and it was fun. Ten years ago. On the three DS it was fine, but once having two sticks motion sticks instead of one, suddenly he feels like Octodad, Like it's he is miserable to control. And then I know I'm doing a bad job controlling him, but I'm still just sleepwalking through these through these fights, and I'm like, this is I know this is a game for babies, but my god, like it's so it's boring and Egad won't shut up and just let me fight the ghosts. Anyway, the trailer drops in five minutes. I called him a wailing Italian cuck at least once.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'm not gonna make that joke.
Speaker 4: It was like super easy count that for baby people. I mean a lot of uh suck jokes because of the vacuum mechanic. Of course it's right there. Yeah, uh you know classics stuff watch on this game, true ex every other Tuesday at am.
Speaker 3: I had a hard time getting excited when they announ said because I also likely just mentioned three. But like I remember we just match it too, and I remember it being like, yeah, it's fine, one of the great things. But leg just mention three is that it was such a huge improvement over too, to the point where I never really had any desire to go back to it, even if it got some kind of new port or version. I would just go play three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like it looks nice, but so does Luigi's Mansion three, and there was way more game there.
Speaker 3: It's just the nicest looking.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Switch Metchay Primary Mastered three looks great.
Speaker 2: The Digital Foundry is like to proclaim that it's the best looking Switch game, and I tend to agree in terms of, like the visual fidelity of the animations and stuff. Next Level is so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Next Level you just a boring game that you can fall asleep playing and still win.
Speaker 2: I think it's worth it just to get an honest games trailer about it.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking forward to what you know.
Speaker 4: Now We've switched to every other week for honest game trailers, which some viewers have been observant enough to notice, and so I'm really better. So I'm really prioritizing the games that I'm gonna have to suffer when I play, but result in scripts people enjoy because my anger becomes comedy. But my god, I was mad playing this because I was looking forward to it, and then I played it and I was like, what is this? This sucks ass? And they charged fifty dollars for it. I'm just trying to save everyone fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: How is it more than METROI Primary Master that they took those out of their minds fail.
Speaker 2: There was another recent remaster that was also.
Speaker 3: Count Returns is coming out. I think it's going to be like fifty or sixty years, so it's like fifty I think, yeah, yeah, it's wild, just all right to save you a buck, Thank you Bill. Any time.
Speaker 4: It's my it's my duty.
Speaker 1: It's my burden, your journalistic writer duties.
Speaker 2: Just like.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: That's the podcast.
Speaker 1: Did Jeff Grubb Journalism Games? Yeah. Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster covered wars absolutely.
Speaker 2: Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster is not out for a while, but we got our hands on preview code, and this is a Capcom game, and it turns out they're good at making games and good at bringing these things back, and that this is a very good example of that. Yeah, I don't want to break any news or you know, step on any toes. I am really enjoying what I've played of this. I think what is going to help this game a lot is the intervening intervening years in which we've gotten so many different kinds of games, especially Rogue Lights becoming very popular, giving people maybe the more more confident to be like, yeah, it is actually kind of cool to start over because I remember that being people don't remember there's a time system in Dead Rising. In the first game, there's a seventy two hour clock. It's not real world, but it's it's a clock that's always ticking down. And when you die, you get the option to be like, do you want to continue from your last save or do you want to restart from the beginning with your character at a leveled to where they are right now. And I think at the time, I remember being like, I'll do that. Maybe this is kind of it took me a while to get over that hump and realize that here. I was like, oh yeah, I know from experience now that all that stuff I just did that took me an hour. I'm gonna go do that in five minutes now. And that's exactly how it makes the thing right. It's the major's mask thing, and yes, exactly, and and all that stuff is here and it's even more well explained, and the game just looks good, sounds great. They're you know, they're having fun in the way the Dead Rising always does. Where one of the costumes they gave me was I don't know what the character's name for Mega Man Battle Network is it just Mega Man, but that Mega Mega Man Dot ex suit. So I'm like in these you know, quote unquote serious cut scenes where he's like someone's yelling at him, and he just looked. Frank West just looks like a biggest doof dressed up like he's going to cosplay at an anime convention. And I love that stuff. So it's hitting all the notes. Okay, it is a really well done, like up, you know, graded version. I've not like checked on in on every re release of Dead Rising in the past, but this one is very good in terms of the way it looks. And I think that the presentation of here's how this game works, go ahead and jump in and mess around with that.
Speaker 1: They do a good job with that as well.
Speaker 2: So I'm enjoying it quite a bit, and I was in the mood for Dead Rising, so I'm really glad that this is hitting this year.
Speaker 1: Lovely, lovely, great to hear. I'm also excited before we go to break some quick quick hits, some quick tidbits of games. Bailly Myers. I saw that you originally put Marvel Snap on this.
Speaker 4: I decided I didn't want to talk about Marvel Snap.
Speaker 1: No no no no no.
Speaker 3: No no no no no no no no.
Speaker 1: Now we're going to talk about Marvel Snap.
Speaker 4: Fine, I have a really good deck. Finally, and I'm really kicking.
Speaker 1: Ass I have. I have not opened this game in months. And then when I saw that on the on the run of show, I had re downloaded it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sorry you hadn't seen it. I was like, I don't know if I want to talk about Marvel Snap in front of all these people. No, I have a mister negative deck now and people are not expecting that. And I really kicked their butts. Oh boy, big recommend play with that one. That's fun. I'm a big fan of Marvel Snap. I didn't want to get into it, and now I every night before I go to bed, gotta do my dailies.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was me for a while. You know, I didn't want to. I wasn't going to bring it up, but I didn't know Bailey was gonna be on the show. I did. I did buy a Sheer in the Wanderer game this week, the.
Speaker 4: New one that's on.
Speaker 3: Sale. Oh, okay, the Tower of Fortune in the Dice of Fame.
Speaker 4: Oh, that was my first one of Shearing the sharing games that I played too. I love that one. It's very fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's been fun. I've enjoying it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I I also have no idea what this game. The last game you put on this list is Tokyo Zanana Do X plus.
Speaker 4: Oh so he's gonna do e x plus? Is it originally came out about ten years ago. I want to say this is a switchport, an actually successful switch port. It's a FALCONm game.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And it's got a brand new real like a brand new localization, new playable characters, new content, so it is actually worth the like it's a it's a remaster. That's a good but it's fun. It's the most jeripyga Jeripeg could possibly be. You can immediately tell which the characters are gonna be playable because they're the only ones with funny hair and all of their parents are missing or just gone. Uh, and they just they're just casual about it, like yeah, my parents are on a business trip for a year. Oh okay, sure, And they're just high schoolers who are in Tokyo and all these hellmouths keep opening up and they have to like go into these dungeons and like fight the greed. And it's like some of the best most satisfying like fighting mechanics of pretty much any action game I've played recently, Like I forgot how fun this fucking game is. It's so satisfying. And they have a bunch of cosmetics, so all of my characters are wearing matching wizard hats and robes, so that's how you know they're the main characters. And every chapter has a cool anime rock intro song, and it's the same song every time. It's just they're just like, here's the intro song again, it's a new chapter. It's great. I really recommend it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna just start doing that with the BombCast.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I can't believe the're making new Zana do games. I just remember Fa Zona do for then es.
Speaker 2: Just let them go. It's true, Yeah, Zanna, they're they're they're kind of.
Speaker 3: Sorry mister Jerry Riviera, good Jerry.
Speaker 4: The Switchboard's very exciting.
Speaker 1: They're the ones that groaned.
Speaker 2: I was trying to say, let him go.
Speaker 4: It's just there's gonna be a sequel coming out, and they've released this switchport and the new logalization is very, very good, and I really recommend it. It's classic FOALCM. There's a lot of reading, but you can skip all of it and just get to the dungeon crawling if you want. The main character is a guy named co and his major personalituries that he sucks ass it's so good. He just like, oh, the most mediocre. Yeah. His cool new female friend like teaches him how to do everything, and he's like, wow, I wish I was as cool as her. And then there's a side story where she's like, I don't need him, I can just go into the dungeon by myself and do fine, and then she does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It kind of like proves that like like, oh, all these games that we're making have to make like a billion dollars and Polkems like nah, we're just gonna keep making, gonna make Ye's and a million trails games, and they all seem to do well, right, Yeah, exactly. So it's it's like, Okay, I'm still I'm glad that Japan has sort of figured this out, and even if we haven't, like they have and they're going to keep making games at a certain scale that makes games make sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, how do you pronounce the franchise? Why? Capital y lowercase It's.
Speaker 4: Easy, it's not yasy, No, it's not it's easy.
Speaker 3: It's east it's easy. I'll ease off the missing pronunciation.
Speaker 1: Then thank you, jefre Yeah resisting. Uh, here's here's the pitch, Jeff Beckler. If you're listening, Uh, a new feature. We fly me to Japan and I just have a fun time in Tokyo and you just call it Tokyo Japan. Can we just call it Tokyo Jana do?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 4: I like that a lot that so many people will get. It's perfect.
Speaker 3: There something ja jan or is that?
Speaker 1: No? I don't think we have to go to break.
Speaker 4: Now slurs on the podcast.
Speaker 2: You're going so much trouble buddy. There's two other games I've been playing, uh that I can't really talk about. There's one that like everyone else is playing, right, we're all playing it, and that was that's a pretty good game that no one else has allowed to say what it is talking about?
Speaker 3: Oh this is something? Is this the thing that Tom Warren got in trouble for?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone's like all these people like Tom Warren, you're sure you shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all those people could like, oh go eat ship, relax, relax. They're like you Sonny in Dia, No he didn't. And well it's an informal NDA that's not a thing. What are you talking about? You sound crazy? God, these people, sorry.
Speaker 3: Eighteen thousand Concurrent players. We're all supposed to pretend like it's not like no one knows, like it's a big secret because they.
Speaker 2: Won a suing corporate boot lickers.
Speaker 3: Get over yourself, like I wouldn't want I don't want to make a valve mad. I'm not like proud of that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, now I know, thank you.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what you guys were talking about because I blacked out after the slur.
Speaker 2: I was trying to go to break you go to break mean like that.
Speaker 1: We know you never mean to say a slur until it comes out of your.
Speaker 2: Mouths thinking we'll we break it back with an emergency apology.
Speaker 1: Right after these messages, I was like, oh it sounds Mike, pull out your notes app right now. For a long time, because of.
Speaker 2: The space falls, I thought that was a short for Jewish American princess.
Speaker 3: Give me that you know what's talking about? No, yeah, lesson, I'm not thought that fantation was that fantasy Asian. He didn't get a Trump.
Speaker 1: You don't get ungenceled by throwing someone under the bus.
Speaker 3: Was a canceled. I'm just didn't think about what the work was as it was coming out of my mouth, and I apologized profusely. You know what thinking for?
Speaker 1: Isn't it interesting that both of these two that just got canceled doing slurs against Asians? What's your Asian friend? Here? On the podcast History?
Speaker 3: Janpan would have been so much better.
Speaker 1: No, we're gonna stop. We're gonna stop, all right, I'm gonna go to black We're gonna take a quick break.
Speaker 2: Oh god, we'll be back.
Speaker 4: The news.
Speaker 1: Breaking news New Honest Game Trailers is out. Luigis mentioned to HD Breaking News Billy Myers.
Speaker 4: Please watch it. I worked so hard on it and suffered so greatly for all of you.
Speaker 1: Fantastic fan tast Bailey. I think, uh, we're gonna put this on on the store dot john bomb dot com. But I think we should print out all the scripts that you write for Honest Game Trailers and just sell them in a binder.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, they people really want to see the script notes where I'm like really specific about certain clips. I'm like, be sure to time it just like this, or else it won't be funny. Please do that. They're gonna love that they're gonna think, Wow, she is a pain in the ass to work away.
Speaker 1: We're gonna attach to those cool clips. I don't know what they're called, like the gold one clips. No, I know what a paper clip is. God damn it. It's like the gold ones. And then you stick them through the hole and then you like unfold.
Speaker 3: Them those things.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, no one knows what they're called.
Speaker 3: Huh, They're aren't Frad's, are they Brady?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 3: Sorry to think of a way to make a Peggy's joke, And I also thought better of.
Speaker 1: That if you saw the craft process.
Speaker 2: I got news here for everybody. Let's start here with this first one. Meta is shutting down Ready at Dawn Meda has decided to close its first party game development studio, Ready at Dawn. The studio was based in California, was found in two thousand and three. Meta acquired it in twenty twenty. Recently it's been focused on VR games, but previously it had done really well regarded like PlayStation portable and PlayStation Vita games like that well, mostly PSP Daxter, godav Or Chains of Olympus. They did eventually make the order eighteen eighty six or PS four game I really like, but they became VR specialist. They were very good at that. Actually, Oculus, Facebook, Slash Meta acquired them and got them to work on that stuff. And now they're not spending a lot of money on making VR games. It seems like so ready at Dawn got the acts. It's a shame because this is a studio that had so much talent and you could kind of see like this being the way it was going to end, because I think we had a pretty good sense early on that VR was like it could be a thing, but it's not gonna be a thing like that where it's gonna be able to support a ton of developers. And here we are already At Dawn closed down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a pretty bad indictment for like the state of the VR Vida games because I think if you ask most people, like, hey, try to name five good VR games, Loan Echo would probably come up as one of them. And now that studio is just gone. It's a shame that they had to be gone and they can't just, I don't know, go back to making PlayStation games or something, you know. I think Order eighteen eighty six at the time was received a bet harshly, largely for being kind of short. That's a criticism that never really I only say age as one in the sense like it wasn't a fair criticism. But as time goes by and people are thinking as much about, like you know, the value proposition, like how much hours of entertainment I'm getting per dollar spent, you don't care about that as much. I think people were able to enjoy Order eighteen eighty six a lot more. Yeah, I mean it is a shame, right. Gosh, remember even Insomniac was making a lot of VR games at one point, right, they were in a position were they able to do that and keep making its normal kind of games, so you know, they weren't tied to that. It's kind of a scary what if to think about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did point out that it would be nice if if they could just be like, Okay, well we had our time here at Facebook. Now can we even go back and make other games now? But that's not the fate for them, at least not yet. That is something that did recently happen though to Tank. Oh go ahead, Mike, you're gonna say something.
Speaker 3: That's gonna say the same kind of thing. It's like, you know, they're just shutting them down. I wonder they tried shopping them around.
Speaker 2: I mean VR Studio right in that, but I wonder if they like tried being like, well, hey, do is any like, you know, Microsoft, do you want this or something like that. And I don't know, but a lot of pur strings still pulled pretty tightly right now. Even though we're getting near the end of inflation and or hyperinflation and interest rates are going to start going down here pretty soon. No one's spending a lot of money, probably because they think interest rates are going to go down soon. They could borrow money cheaper here pretty soon. But Reddy a Don's not going to find a new new owner, at least it doesn't seem that way. And it didn't seem that way for Tango Game Works either, but that is no longer the case. Hi Fi Rush Studio Tango GameWorks has been acquired by Crafton and will remain open. Tango Game Works has been acquired by the PUBG publisher, ensuring its survival survival after Xbox announced its closure in April. The South Korean publisher, which owns PUBG Studios and the Clisto Protocol Studio intends to support Tango Game Works creative visions and continue working on the High Fi Rush IP, which it also acquired. It did not acquire the Evil Within or Ghost Wire Tokyo. Those will remain with Xbox. But this is amazing, Like they apparently they put up the word, hey, if you worked at Tango Game Works, you have a job, come back to work if you wanted.
Speaker 1: Yes, So that's right.
Speaker 2: So a very interesting sort of uh uh scenario here. This is how it's going to end for the studio in a somewhat positive way.
Speaker 1: Jeff Gribb. I don't know if this is detailed anywhere, but they were technically laid off by Microsoft. Do those employees still get like some type of severance package or I think.
Speaker 2: They probably would be. It would be very bizarre if Xbox or if Xbox was like give us that money back or something like that.
Speaker 1: Right, So, I just didn't know if, like, if they reaccepted their employment, if that'd be invoid or whatever. Right, maybe, but probably not, I think.
Speaker 2: And the big thing there is that Microsoft is always looking for the positive pr angle. They have enough money, and as weird as that is to say about any corporation, that They're usually behave in a way that where like, we have enough money, we need a positive sentiment because that's actually going to pave a road for us to make.
Speaker 1: Even more money down in the long run.
Speaker 2: When we have to explain ourselves to regulators, we can always point back and be like, we do the right thing when we are in these scenarios. So I imagine that they would let those people get keep their money because they did lay them off, they did close that studio. Someone else bought it and reopened it. That's Microsoft shouldn't get their money back. That'd be crazy, right, they got money from selling the studio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if someone like stabs me with a knife and then someone else takes to the hospital, the person who stabs me with a knife does not get off scott free from.
Speaker 1: That, I would hope that would not be the case. Yeah, exactly, try to fure out. Your friend says a slur doesn't mean that you don't.
Speaker 2: It doesn't bring down the whole podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out what exactly did Crafton buy from Microsoft then like the name of the studio and then the rights to Ifi Rush. But then like they're going back and individually re hiring people, right.
Speaker 2: I mean those people are no longer working there, right, so I think they do have to rehire them. I think that's just how it works. But yeah, they bought, they bought the studio, and I guess that just means the name and then the IP rights by Rush, which would be worth more. That would be worth more. I don't know if it has an office space.
Speaker 3: I have no idea you think, I mean the did Microsoft try shopping around Tango before closing it? You think even bod doing that or is it just kind of this weird thing, like no, we're just showing it down. Then later you have to be like, actually we'll take that, like oh oh you will, Okay, well you kind of can't. Now you'd have to go and like hire all these people. If I okay, we'll do it, Oh sure, all right, then just thumb. It's weird. It's very weird. I'm glad it's opening, but I mean it was weird that Microsoft ever wanted to tax these people. And pardon me, would love to see Tango like make some big new game, whether it's Ti Fi Rush two or something else. Have it be this giant hit that you know, once came to the award and just to kind of see the egg on Xbox's face if that happened.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, exactly, And I mean it feels like we're destined for that because that just would be so in line with what happens with Microsoft and Xbox so many times on rakes stepping on rakes, Yes, yeah, I mean to answer your question about like, do I think Microsoft tried to shop them around? Maybe a little bit, but it's like all that stuff takes time and money too, and if they're like, you know, let's just cut it off, and then that just saves us money. Now we don't have to worry about it. It's like, you know, when you should we have a garage sale or should we just throw it all away? And it's like I think Microsoft's like, let's just throw it all away. And big part of that was in that moment there. There weren't a lot of people making big acquisitions at that moment. So I I get maybe that thinking to a certain extent, but I actually don't get closing the studio in the first place, because they made a great game and that's what you need.
Speaker 1: I need Tango Game Works to make the Girl Pop sequel to high fire Rush. Yeah, I need.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, that would rule one of my big one of my few complaints with talk about the Xana Do Do game. It's the kind of mediocre male protagonists you like kind of thought was a bit too much of a bumbling himbo fool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I I they always do the thing where they surround him with people that love him, and so I come around to end up loving him because I like all those characters. It's the same thing that happened with me and Calkestus in the Star Wars game. Everything that happens to me in real life, the same thing that happens to be in real life exactly.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But I am getting a little bit sick of that too, Mike, where it's like, maybe just make the main character one of these other interesting characters.
Speaker 1: That'd be cool.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep going. Here's the sentiment around Marathon at Bunchie is not great. According to Jason Sreyer, he went on Lucy's Friends per Second podcast and had a conversation over there, and I think Ralph might ask him about, Hey, it was a what about Marathon, How how's it looking over there? And he expressed concerns based on what he's heard from the studio, from people working at the studio that yeah, the game did slip from this year to next year and now it might not even make twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: But who knows. But internally they're kind of worried about it.
Speaker 2: They're particularly they're worried that the people that showed up for a Bungee Destiny game will not transfer over to an extraction PvP shooter, which is what Marathon is.
Speaker 1: And I get that concern.
Speaker 2: I would if I was making that game and spend a lot of money on it and our futures as a studio like relied on this thing being very good. I would also have those anxieties. But I think that a lot of Bunchie fans will kind of follow that studio, like especially they're like, here's a new game where you could shoot new guns. They're gonna on to see what those guns feel like, and if the guns feel good, I think that's going to be most of the battle won there. Now, getting an extracted shooter to be an appealing to a larger audience will still be a challenge, but I think they can probably figure it out. But who knows. Either way, A lot's riding on Marathon and you kind of don't want to hear that it's in trouble even a little bit. At this point, that seems to be the case. You does have any interest in Marathon, Go ahead, Mike, Sorry, I mean.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I haven't hear an interest because what you said, I like the way that Bungee games feel. I like Destiny for a while, and you know, part of it was part of me falling off. It was just you know, I fell off at one point and just felt hard to get back in. So just the idea that there's a new something like Okay, yeah, I can get in here. My interest in extraction shooters as a genre has pretty much been nilled generally, Like I have not even really bothered checking out Escape from Tarkov just doesn't really sound like a concept that does a whole.
Speaker 1: Lot for me.
Speaker 3: But you know, like, yeah, a real spiffy one from Bungie. I'll give it a shot. But you mean, no matter what your life service game is, no matter who's can get there's always an inherent risk of whether it's going to be accepted, whether it's going to do well. There are no guarantees, and like you said, so much as riding on this. Even if they thought it was looking good, I'd be worried.
Speaker 1: Yeaheah. I don't have any interest cruff, even if the guns shoot well. I think my taste when it comes to like first person shooters has kind of gone past the Halo and Destiny mold, where I do want something a little snappier. That being said, I haven't checked out Destiny too in years now, but an extraction shooter is just not the genre that I'm going for at this point. Yeah, oh right, once they put Chapel Rowan in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, anything, I am simply going to have to play it fortnite skin when what we.
Speaker 2: No, It's okay, this is the whole thing, right. It's like, you know, Chaperone's still somewhat you know, she's very popular, but he's like still somewhat new and uh, some people don't know she's a musician.
Speaker 4: Mike Manatti, I feel like you'd really vibe with her stuff.
Speaker 1: Love her stuff. Yes, yes, Mike Manatti. What is the acronym that is on a lot of people's soundboards of you saying.
Speaker 3: Oh fat ass white girl said? The acronym not the whole thing pog.
Speaker 1: What's the next story? Wait?
Speaker 3: Wait, wait what second? Did anybody else your jad called Jeff Gruff?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty gruff, that's sir.
Speaker 3: I just want to make sure it's not a slur though.
Speaker 1: Right now, just speak here.
Speaker 4: Your new technique is say something insane and go quick. What's that over there?
Speaker 3: Is that? The name no Griff is the name of of Biss like Grandson and Back to the Future Part two? Who's gruff?
Speaker 2: Scruff McGruff, gearbox Boss, Randy Pitchford, t'sus Borderlands four?
Speaker 1: And did they book? Put both these together?
Speaker 2: He does that after the Borderlands movie had an embarrassing opening weekend.
Speaker 1: It made eight point eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: It had a budget of something like one hundred and fifty million after marketing and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: It's rough. It's bad.
Speaker 2: It's so bad.
Speaker 1: It's a really bad movie. I can't believe how bad it is. Greb. Well, well you and I will since you and I are the only ones that have seen this movie, we'll find time this week to do a BCR which will be Borderlans movie. We will make that happen. Well, I got my notes.
Speaker 2: I did record something as soon as I got out of there, and uh, I think I yeah, I went off a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. I put in our our little Compadre's discord chat that I felt nothing after that movie.
Speaker 2: I mean, it just has no there's no foundation to feel anything in the first place, like that, they don't know why the characters are doing most of what they're doing. We'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: It's bad movie.
Speaker 2: It's sweet.
Speaker 4: Video game movies are bad again.
Speaker 2: It's like the mid two thous That is the best thing I took out of there is I am nostalgic for bad video game movies of the past, and this movie delivered that.
Speaker 1: It really did. You know, I I did have a good time every every time friend of the site Janina govon Car popped up, I'm like, Ganina, yeah, I was like the haircut Homegirls, get in the bag good yep.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: But my favorite thing about it was when a rady picture was like trying to like turn into a posit. It was like like when the movie's bombing and nobody liked it. He's like, wow, you're all seeing that you like what we do better than the like Hollywood's greatest writers and producers. As if if this movie wasn't some big hit. He wouldn't be out there like we did it, everybody. Oh yeah, we are so proud. Wee wee wee. But now what it's like they they they.
Speaker 2: And like you know and Gearbox Publishing like what it was in the open everything. Yeah, it's like right, and it's like in the opening credits where it's like they're responsible for making this movie as well, like so, yeah, clearly this is his doing. Uh but whatever, he's gonna make Borderlands for to make it up to everybody, which, of course they're making a Borderlands Borderlands a very successful game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but part of the I mean, part of the problem with the movie is like there it is an indictment right in some degree that maybe Borderlands appeal isn't as big as we thought it was. Maybe that's a bit much, but I mean it's not it's not good for the franchise to have a movie come out and be a messive bomb. It may and it's not even like when that Monster Hunter movie came out and people just kind of didn't notice, right, Like there's something about this that seems louder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, yes, yeah, and she's the star. I didn't realize that jam going into it. Like I thought she would be like one of the like, you know, a secondary character that's part of the team, like equivalent to like a.
Speaker 3: Drax or something. But you no, she is star Lord in this movie. It's crazy. Can I tell can I? You could say no? Can I tell people what you mess?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, nobody can know this. But this is the movie I'm going to think about the most when Kate Blanchett dies.
Speaker 2: Yes, and.
Speaker 3: You know, hashtag positive like it makes her career more interesting. But yeah, Jeff, you should be canceled for sake, Summer. It's true, though I would. I would that day comes out to be fair. She's probably gonna outlive me. She's only fifty five.
Speaker 2: But if she were to die before me, I am just gonna not be able to help myself. I will be thinking about border Lands.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I was, you know, I was looking up at her IMDb after this movie. I'm like, man, she was amazing and.
Speaker 2: Tar, she just made Tar. She's yeah, speaking of Monster Hunter. Honestly though, that is like this movie feels like when she at the end of Tar, when she goes to spoilers for Tar, didn't just go seeh this is not gonna ruin anything when she goes to do a Monster Hunter concert. This feels like her like real life career echoing that where she's going.
Speaker 1: To do a video game movie.
Speaker 2: It's so weird.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for someone to email the podcast angry list, like I've.
Speaker 2: Been waiting to watch Tar and you spoiled her it, googot. Honestly, if that didn't make you want to watch it more and enjoy it more, whatever.
Speaker 3: I really spoiled a way of water. So Borderlands, for I mean, there is also a distaste these days for the kind of writing that Borderlands seemed to thrive off of for a very long time. Now. Tiny Tina's wonder Land seemed to do well pretty recently anyway, so maybe it's not a problem, But like, I don't know, do you think the writing's going to evolve in Borderlands for? You think? So?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I think you know, because it's not like Randy's sitting there right in the jokes. He's like hiring people that like are good writers and will want to evolve. So yeah, and I didn't play Borderlands three.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But in Tiny Teena's Wonderland, people seem to be like, hey, it's it's different than it used to be. Clearly it's still in a similar tone, but it is somewhat different.
Speaker 3: So the guy who did wanted to his name, I can't remember the guy who was from Destructoid right back. Yeah day, And I know I heard more completely about three than I feel like I heard for Tiny Tinas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, I mean it does need to evolve either way. It does need to.
Speaker 1: I do expect it to try to do something new. I don't know if they'll be able to like nail it though, who knows.
Speaker 2: I really it comes down to as long as that game is you know, Borderlands again and has some jokes and doesn't beat you over the head with it, I think it'll be fine. People seem to really like that. I mean the evidence is, guess what's doing really well right now Borderlands three is it has a lot more active players than it did a week ago on.
Speaker 3: It was also for like nine bucks or less or something, which even I almost picked it I never really played. That's kind of may be one time I.
Speaker 1: Will say I did enjoy my time playing Borderlands three when I took ben Pack's tip of muting all of the voices.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that does make it seems such a good idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, yeah, I play I played Borderlands one.
Speaker 1: I never played like, do you think like the uh, a person that has gone through the trilogy so far of Borderlands and has played it and enjoyed the game really remembers a lot of the writing. No.
Speaker 2: I think they remember talking to their friends while playing it online.
Speaker 3: They remember Handsome Jack talking about the butt horse or whatever, right right.
Speaker 2: Right, then they remember like, I guess Mox or whatever her name is, because they're similarly cosplays of her or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, remember cleavage, Uh yeah, Tiny Tino and two was bombastic, and remember by some unfavorably, which a fair but uh yeah, there's things I remember. I remembers a weird tet Ninja Turtles parody quest in Borderland's too. Anyone else remember that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Just me?
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, greb, we'll talk about it when we get to the spoiler cast. But I didn't piece it together in my head that they were trying to go for a Guardians of the Galaxy until you said that Kate Blanchett was the star Lord.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's definitely what they're going for.
Speaker 1: That's that was because as someone that loves the Guardians movies and that game.
Speaker 4: Jesus Christ, how long ago did they pitch this thing?
Speaker 1: Filming for Rest production?
Speaker 3: Hell for like three years?
Speaker 4: That ship tracks this this none of this like you can tell it's a bad movie just from that information alone, basically.
Speaker 3: As anything that came out to like that was trying to be like Guardians of the Galaxy actually work.
Speaker 2: Mmm, I mean is Guardians of the Galaxy so it doesn't count, but that Guardians of the Galaxy game was trying to echo the movie and that the only thing.
Speaker 3: That was able to do it was Guardian Right, it doesn't almost.
Speaker 4: Feel a little like Guardians of the Galaxy is now like like it's such a specific, like dated like inspiration, because now people are trying to be a suicide squad that's the updated like edgy or cooler version, and that's going great, really well for everyone who's tried to emulate that too. Like I think basically the thing we should all take away from this is you could just do your own thing.
Speaker 1: All right, stop trying to turn the website into the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Speaker 2: That D and D movie did do that, and it succeeded, and it's.
Speaker 4: Really movie was primarily just being faithful to like a real D and D campaign.
Speaker 2: Right and honestly, that's and I think that's You're right, it's coincidence because that Guardians of the Galaxy has that same vibe because they they're just being playful.
Speaker 1: But it's they were not one didn't come after the other.
Speaker 3: You're right, what's the newer the newer jumanjis? Are those kind of Guardians of the Galaxy?
Speaker 1: A little Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's like, it's not like I want I like that. It's not like I'm watching it. I'm like, this really brings me back to that.
Speaker 1: It's almost in I'd say it isn't it's definitely.
Speaker 3: It's definitely. It's absolutely classic.
Speaker 1: There we go, grub, we got it.
Speaker 2: We identified one one Sean in.
Speaker 4: Many ways, trap is ani what's that?
Speaker 1: I really want to see it. I really want to see it to movie I fucking Borderlands instead of that. Yeah, I know. I was like, I haven't seen Twisters and.
Speaker 3: Twisters is good.
Speaker 4: Twisters is a.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 2: I can make it.
Speaker 4: I can make it a argument for both of those.
Speaker 3: You're mixing it up with Wizard of Oz because it also has Tornado. Okay, you're right, that is what I did.
Speaker 1: While we're on a quick movie tangent, I got suckered in to watching a Colleen Hoover adapted movie. It's called It Ends with Us. I saw a trailer on Instagram. My partner dragged me to see it. The trailer on Instagram made it seem like it was a funny gall pal movie with uh Love of my Life, Jenny Slate and Blake Lively. And then it turns out that uh no, it's about domestic violence.
Speaker 2: Oh we made like fifty million dollars. It's like crushed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's huge. It's like a airport bestseller. Is the nicest thing I can say about that book. And uh it has a very interesting moral lesson about the cycle of abuse. But yeah, That Ends with Us is the cycle of abuse. It's literally a movie about a battered woman.
Speaker 1: And there's a second one in the works.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She's a florist and her name is Flowers as well, so it's fun.
Speaker 1: Lily Bloom.
Speaker 2: Oh no, all right, I'm gonna keep moving ahead here. Wait is trap the one where they go to a sting concert and then they get not a concert.
Speaker 4: Is a Sting, but the performer is not Sting. The performer is m Night Shamalan's real life daughter, and she made up of an album for this thing. Oh it's good. Good.
Speaker 3: Do you guys like the movie The Sting?
Speaker 4: I love The Sting? Great play I do.
Speaker 1: That is that's the Paul Newman.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, My high school did that as the stage play and my brother played the Irish bad guy in it. And you had to be had an Irish accent. We all, we all were tickled like crazy watching him.
Speaker 1: Good job, like a year ago.
Speaker 2: That's really good.
Speaker 1: I have to do already, I have to do AJ's Irish accent.
Speaker 3: You do, absolutely? You thought that You thought that before was bad? You don't want to hear me try to do an Irish accent? Absolutely not, alright, there's some bad Scooche McDuck and yes, I know he's Scott.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 2: Multiple Halloween games are in the works. There's one that's a U A five U E five Unreal Engine five game that John Carpenter is contributing to, and there's also one from way Forward where they're gonna take the Halloween game and turning or Halloween movie and turn into like a sixteen bit platformer like, uh, you know, you get movie tying games back on the Super Nintendo. They're gonna do one of those, but for Halloween. They're also doing that with Ash versus Evil Dead, so wait for keeping Busy. But I hate John Carpenter getting paid to make more Halloween stuff. And it's gonna be a big Unreal Engine five game.
Speaker 1: That's always cool.
Speaker 2: What do you guys expect from like a horror movie tying game these days? Because I just assume that they're going to do one of those asymetrical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lily.
Speaker 3: Blood, Yeah, and they're never bad as the thing.
Speaker 1: All right, Fine, I spent too much time in that Texas Chainsaw miscor.
Speaker 3: Games right to the Grandpa's Blood. There's a killer clowns from out of Space. Didn't they add Dracula from Castlevania to Dead by Daylight?
Speaker 1: I think recently? May I think they did? Yeah, everything in there, Yes, the.
Speaker 4: Addition of Stellar.
Speaker 3: There. Yeah, you could have Nick Cage and Dracula from Castlevania in a game together.
Speaker 1: That's my Guardians of the Galaxy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Halloween has had a game since the Atari twenties six hundred in nineteen eighty three, so that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Because there's a there's like a relatively well known Friday the thirteenth in the night Man Nightmare on m Street Games for the nessling didn't get one. Okay, nope, all right.
Speaker 2: Red Dead Redemption coming to PC after fourteen years, according to store listing. We've heard this one before, but apparently there's a new store listing. A PlayStation Network listing this time suggests that the original red Dead Redemption is coming to PC. The description on PSN for the game now includes a reference to a PC version. Rockstar has yet to confirm the PC release officially. The PC version will likely include Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare DLC as well. They did recent release recently release Red Dead Redemption on Switch, and then a few months later there was a reference to red Dead Redemption I think on the Rockstar launcher on PC and people are like, well, it's coming any time now, and it still hasn't, but now here's a new reference. I mean, if they've done the work, they're going to put it out. But any interesting replaying Red Dead Redemption on piece?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I loved read their Redemption one back when I played on Xbus three sixty. That was I got the time. It's kind of my favorite game of that generation. I haven't gone back to it since that first playthrough, so I'd be curious to do it again and see what I think. But I just remember that being a super memorable and kind of surprisingly touching experience, a lot of great moments. You know, It's fine because like GTA doesn't do a whole lot for me. I think read their Redemption took itself just a bit more seriously and that was kind of the difference for how much I got into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need serious entertainment. You're a serious man.
Speaker 3: I'm still horse. I ride. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then last couple of stories here, Warner Brothers is looking at licensing its IP to other game studios. I can't remember what we talked about this on last week's episode, that Warner Brothers is maybe once again looking at selling off some studios. In addition to that, publicly in an investor call, David Zoslov, the CEO of Warner Brothers and a Very Special Boy, said that they are going to begin looking to take their IP and offer it to people to studios that are not under the Warner Brothers umbrella. Currently they have like eleven teams. What they normally do is make their games internally. They're not gonna go externally, which is seems overdue. Like, well, I've talked about this couple times, and it's like every time I read that, I'm like, why wouldn't Why weren't you doing that already? No one else like does it entirely themselves? Why was Warner Brothers the last holdout on that stuff?
Speaker 1: So it makes sense. I don't know any Warner Brothers.
Speaker 2: Eyeps, you guys want to see done by any particular studio, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'd love.
Speaker 4: They just released Coyote versus act Me. I know that's not a game, but I'm still cheesed off about it.
Speaker 3: Release.
Speaker 4: It's on site. I'm not even gonna bother saying your name correct, Yes you, David's aaslave Re.
Speaker 3: Release The Darkness and instead of like having was it of Oz be that movie you can like watch all of on the couch, just have it be ac Me versus Coyote.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's how we'll finally get that. Uh they should Gremlins, that's them, right, remember that good? Yeah, we got to get way forward to make a new Gremlins.
Speaker 1: The Prison Simulator Colon the Redemption. Okay, Jesus done, let's go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They also, I don't know if they have the rights to this, but they distributed all of Christopher Nolan's movies. So I want a shooter based in the Tenant universe. I don't know how that would work.
Speaker 1: I'm always ready for a temporal pincer movement movement. I've already started. Actually, it was just like.
Speaker 4: A puzzle game, an inception puzzle game.
Speaker 3: They should do Arapa the Rapper like but with that new Weird Joker sequel.
Speaker 1: That's actually a really good idea. I would love that.
Speaker 4: Actually, yes, it would be amazing. Or like a Star Wars connect You remember that one yea, everybody the Carbon Night's Gone.
Speaker 3: I thought everybody had a big stick up the grass over that at the time.
Speaker 4: To be they did, he did. But I find joy things and I thought it was great.
Speaker 3: I think it's funny. I think they're in on the joke. Everybody like, it's okay, it's the Star Wars Connecticut.
Speaker 2: That was like the early like a canary in the coal mine for what Star Wars fans were going to be like for the next fifteen years.
Speaker 4: Before we had to end your Capital, B brand, Integrity.
Speaker 1: Dance, damn It.
Speaker 2: Games for Black Club. Eventually, Weisman we will.
Speaker 3: Did you all see the picture of Harrison Ford chicking hands with Mickey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all I could think about.
Speaker 3: It's good stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. Last stoor here.
Speaker 2: There's rumors that an Nintendo director is coming soon for me Rooms suggests that Nintendo might host a direct presentation this month, or earlier than their typical September schedule. The source of the rumor is a family Boards poster named Piranha Plant Brazil, who hens at a potential direct focused on a single game like Zelda, Echoes of Wisdom, Super Mario Party, Janbrie or Mario Luigi Brothership Onlyingteno, as several upcoming first party games, and an anticipated successor to the Nintendo Switch. With the Switch To, an official announcement for the new console is expected before the end of twenty twenty four, So I think the thinking from some people is they might do a direct earlier to talk about one of these games because maybe some announcement for the switch To is coming, which we know it's coming. They said it's coming before the end of the fiscal year, which is in March, but I don't know. I got the sense it probably will. We'll get like the initial trailer announcement this year still, so yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could see. I mean, we already had that kind of that new trailer just randomly dropped for Echos of Wisdom, and I don't know that that kind of seeds to be doing the job there. I can see maybe like a fifteen minute direct or even like a ten minute one on Brothership being a thing. Definitely not anything more substantial than that, and definitely not switch to news already. I can't imagine getting that in Wellcus or even September, maybe September.
Speaker 2: This is the real reason I want to put the store here in the first place. When does everyone think we will hear about the switch too? Because I was like, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear about it until December, and of course we can of course, it could get into twenty twenty five before they even talk about it. But I think they will talk about it this year, but I think it'll be December, you.
Speaker 1: Think, so? I was thinking maybe they would do it around either September or November specifically, but Nintendo is really adamant about trying to sell those existing switches, right, and.
Speaker 2: They do have big games each of those months.
Speaker 1: So, uh, you think, do you think it would screw the pooch though grub if they announce it in December and there goes a bunch of switches that could be stocking stuffers. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean relying that new Mario Party game in October Mario Party janbru. I'm not going to pretend I don't know the title of it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, where actually going to take a dark month during? Yeah?
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have to I have to beat Dan again.
Speaker 1: You have to.
Speaker 2: We need someone to come in there. Well, he's not one in quite some time. But we played these Mario Party and the anime Party only counts when I do it, of course. Yes, the Yeah, I think that if they were to announce it in December. Listen, they got to start talking about it at some point. Uh.
Speaker 1: And so at a certain a certain one you are going to have to rip.
Speaker 2: Off the band aid, and that will be after their biggest games for this year. And then it also is early enough that they can get some positive sentiment from investors leading into twenty twenty five. All those things sort of line up to suggest I think we probably do still hear about it this year. Yeah, we'll see though.
Speaker 4: Yeah probably right, they're just not going to release it for a while because they need those games to sell to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, you know, the thing could come out anytime after March twenty twenty five, but I think at this point, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm expecting holiday next year. I don't know.
Speaker 3: See, I don't know. I don't necessarily it could very easily, but I think that they're going to win out so Senior later. I mean, look, we are seeing a drop off, right, Yeah, it's only going to get worse when, like you know, like like you know, we have Donkey Kong and Metroid, but the next year is going to be even sparser than Yeah, well you know, we're getting good games, but it's nietch your stuff like the Terrible Championship or stuff that's like oh this, I guess, like Ludie's mentioned too, if Mario.
Speaker 2: Is ready for the switch To, they'll release, they'll release, Like I think that. I think they're just waiting for that game to be as good as it possibly can be, and if it's ready, they'll release the Switch To and if that's in March or April, or if it's the holiday, that's when they'll do it.
Speaker 3: So that's the same. And the one I think the way we maybe hear about switch to like earlier, like in October, is if they're announcing that at the same time they're announcing a price cut for the older Switch one models, that'll help push those throughout the rest of the holiday season. Anyways, it's something like, you know, they're expecting to sell so many switches that I think might actually be on the table, even though price cuts has kind of been a concept allergic to for a while.
Speaker 1: It'll be stealthy price cut.
Speaker 2: It'll be a bundled with a game, right, it'll be different like newer games and without other price increas because the games in there.
Speaker 3: So your Mario bundle here's three Mario games, is though a bundle. Here's exact get aggressive.
Speaker 1: Of Super Mario Party Jamboree. Give the other two of your friends there you go, Hey, this is fucked up. Why does Super Mario Party Jamboree support twenty players?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did see that. And because it's a jamboree, that's what jamboree is. It's twenty people jamboree.
Speaker 4: Oh oh my god.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to celebrate my birthday with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, happy birth Yeah, here we go. Yeah it is Dan. It works pretty good too, Dan, Bailey and Bailey. I see what you're going for.
Speaker 3: It's like.
Speaker 4: It is just our names.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not working. Sorry, all right.
Speaker 2: That that's all the headlines I have.
Speaker 1: I'm done with the news.
Speaker 2: I am handing the show back over jan who I think is writing down to see if we have twenty people?
Speaker 4: Do we know twenty people?
Speaker 2: I don't know. If we know twenty people.
Speaker 1: How many is this one? Two, three, four? You're like eleven, twelve?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, it feels good. We're bringing some friends and nasty boys. Yeah, the Nasty boys. Fuck okay, hold on, can we change the name of the Nasty Boys to.
Speaker 1: The coop of kids? Like kids, they're the Nasty Boys, the Nasty boy go back?
Speaker 2: God a right, Mike balking at this an hour after fucking Mike mana Tai or whatever the fuck you said.
Speaker 3: My tie would have been my tie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, midnight, mid night time, Mike, Mike. All right, folks, we're gonna we're gonna go. We're gonna favor the black. We're gonna cool off. We're gonna cool off, and we'll be back with email.
Speaker 3: Email emails, emails, emails.
Speaker 1: These are the emails for the show. Emails.
Speaker 2: So Jane wrote down twenty people or it got close to twenty people for Super Mario Party Jamboree and yes, Dan Bailey, Mike grab and.
Speaker 1: Then we get to the end and Bailey wrote.
Speaker 2: One more woman.
Speaker 1: I know at least another lady that lives.
Speaker 2: She's just reminding you.
Speaker 1: Happy there my mind, happy, there we go. That's the only other lady I know. One in La my cousin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, family members count sure.
Speaker 1: She would not want to Okay, all right? Emails h BombCast dot com is the email addressed. I know, Susie. Yeah, Kamala Harris, Yeah, oh my god, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: Kamala hit us up on the press TOURGI.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna play as Wallawig.
Speaker 1: I call Monty Mole because I'm the cute, adorable brown one is.
Speaker 3: Dry bones in this one? Can I be dry bones?
Speaker 2: It's the most prosecutorial Mario character, easily Mario himself. Yeah, all right, who the fuck is going to be on the roster?
Speaker 1: For this game anyway. Emails mancast Giant Bomb dot com is email address to send your emails too. You send any and everything. I read every single thing, and I should stop saying this every email segment. But for the love of God, please stop signing us up for various things. There's something about flowers, and now there's one about underwear, and now there's one about fishing, and I can't.
Speaker 3: Oh, I bettioned fishing. That's thank you everybody. Well we should. I'll go fishing and are in Alaska after our Alaskan cruise for salmon. Salmon salmon fishing in Alaska, I went crabbing.
Speaker 1: That was great. It's easy. It's very easy. Anyway. First emails about face turns, uh, hello, Giant Bomb crew. After watching Dan Reichert in his old footage from Game Informer farting next to Ben Hansen's coffee mug, got me thinking who else has had a face turn in the gaming industry? Thanks for all you do, Tom P from Florida. We've had a lot of heel turns, like the.
Speaker 2: Braid guy Diac Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Was he ever a face? Yeah? Darkness? When I didn't know who he was, he just told me the guy who made it total darkness. I guess I would have liked him.
Speaker 2: Uh and General Merrow did a bit of a face turn yea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I didn't really know who he was when he was just a guy who made dooman quaig Like I didn't know then. I only knew him because we were making jokes about him because of Dai Katana. And now we're kind of over that, right, and it's like, no, it's the Dune guy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's exactly, And like, you know, he's been kind of kind and has just been like sort of like working on his own projects and keeping to himself and oh, I don't know. That's different than what his persona was during the Doom days, which was rock Star I have three Ferraris or Lamborghini's whatever. It was sort of personality that he tried to keep up for a lunch time.
Speaker 3: Sean Murray's ago when everybody was really mad at him for good there, Yeah, because of No Man Sky and like, oh, over promised, Like I guess, but it is just worked.
Speaker 2: Harder on a game than anyone's ever worked in the history of mankind. Yeah, and you kind of respect that.
Speaker 3: It's fine. I don't know if he ever really should have been a quote unquote here, but people definitely were mad at him for a long time.
Speaker 1: Right, he had heat for sure. I don't think Dave Lang was ever a shoot heel, but uh, you know, Dave Lang's the best. Yeah, Dave Lang is like the Kevin Nash. Yeah, there you go, Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: Always kind of a tweener.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from Gabe keep up the good work, send for my iPhone.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Thanks Gavalve. Sorry I said it was okay for for the Verge to write about your super secret game. They haven't announced yet. We don't have to pretend we don't know it's exists. It's yeah, We'll keep playing along.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from Jared from Eureka. Hi, a BombCast. Do you have a favorite or standout gaming magazine? If so, do you have a fond memory of a particular issue. Mine was the Tips and Tricks issue with the Chrono cross cover and Guy to Get All the Characters? Thanks Jared from Eureka.
Speaker 3: I think Jeff and I have the same answer. I think it's EGM, and I think it's specifically their big Dreamcast issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely that one, definitely stuck out to me. I mean that cover was so good. Yep, e GM and then game Players for me, e GM was is definitely the number one. But there was definitely a game Player. I can't remember what issue it was, but I remember like we were at McDonald's, my and Mac the night was like they were still a statue of him, and I was just reading the email section to my dad because all these people were writing in with like dumb questions and game Players was like the edgy magazine with an attitude, and so they would write really funny responses and we were all cracking up. And I remember that pretty pretty vividly. That was that's a good time. I uh, you know, we I am becoming old enough now that I can't kind of can't help myself and be like things.
Speaker 1: Were better in the good old days.
Speaker 2: But man, it was better in a lot of ways when we had magazines where people got paid real money to do this work. It's a real shame. What's happened to everybody?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yes, uh fucking burn games spot spot stop spot spot stop stop. We bren game spot. We're going to hurt ourselves. Sorry, sorry, sorry, I was trying to read something Wow, yeah, you said.
Speaker 4: Something declaring more on one of his own limbs.
Speaker 1: That's right, I'm watch in their mind. I'm not going to say the things again. Uh God. I remember Game Pro very fondly. I loved the stupid review scale of the faces.
Speaker 3: Yes, for some reason I did get to put where I was like, I'm too mature for a game Pro. I don't know why I thought that, but I did. I'm a big boy. Now I have to read EGM.
Speaker 1: I remember the God what was it there? I I I think April Fool's jokes were okay back in print media. Oh yeah, absolutely they are now say.
Speaker 4: Has really planned for them? Like you had to have that? I'm ready to go a months.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did, like good ones. They had the famous you know plays, all the old Bond characters and Colan and I, Sonic and Tales and Smash Brothers.
Speaker 1: I mean the.
Speaker 2: Fools joke with that being a game coverage.
Speaker 3: Uncarded with that them? Was that a parody thing? I can't remember?
Speaker 1: But yeah they did a lot of I remember like buying in a scene amount of e GM and then figuring out that their office was I in San Francisco and I dragged my mom, It's like, hey, can we go somewhere? And she was like, why do you want to just stare at this building?
Speaker 4: Baby jam?
Speaker 1: And then it was so cool because it was like two blocks away from my mom's office, So like I go downtown visit my mom, and then I just like stand outside like I'm going to work there one day, and it never happened.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I did interview for an intern position, but then I got turned down.
Speaker 4: Closed.
Speaker 1: That's why they closed. That's right.
Speaker 2: I do remember the Ultra Game Player's Wet and Wild Swimsuit Edition Massive Game Girl pictorial begins page twenty.
Speaker 3: Uh, that was the cover. Art's so bad.
Speaker 2: I did put it in chat and it's actually that's the whole issue on Internet archive, which is great for reading old magazines. It's fantastic at.
Speaker 1: Some of these it's and I think it's one of them is the girl from Pandemonium and it's like that's been stuck probably from.
Speaker 4: Exactly Maaze cover. Man, I should have realized I was into women.
Speaker 1: Way.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Starlett and Nikki, did you get this class A five point two blasphemous wow?
Speaker 2: Listen heard me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get I'm gonna get really into Stardow Valley and I'm going to make an it, probably with a swim suit issue of Stardoo Valley as a magnate.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, might have. They might have beaten you to that other people, But sure, you go ahead.
Speaker 1: I'll beat it first.
Speaker 4: Canal about beating it on this podcast? My god?
Speaker 1: Alright, no, we're gonna skip this. Email about valet.
Speaker 2: Game is sister Mary Lass from Lauss Alright.
Speaker 1: Oh god, we're just gonna We're just gonna keep going. This one comes from Mike from Loveland. Hello, Bombers. When Valvenus entered my life, his gimmick was having just emerged from the shower because he was very sexy, perhaps he had just recently had relations with the wife or girlfriend or whoever he was about to wrestle. But then a few years they inverted their gimmick. He cut his long hair, enjoyed a standards and practices theme stable of wrestling schools called right to Censor. We got squashed repeatedly by DX and the Dudley Boys. My question what types of games would Shagerumu Moto make if he reversed his gimmick?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: Who are other devs or dev teams who you would love to see do the opposite of what they do now, love the show, Love you all. Mike from Loveland.
Speaker 3: So they make like a Sam Barlow game, right, yes, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: My Miamoto's thing is all about like gameplay, controls interactivity first, and then all that other shit is horseshit.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to look at it.
Speaker 2: So all story, like barely even touching anything in the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a David Cage game.
Speaker 2: A David Cage game is a good one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Apparently this character from a game called Rogue Trip Jeff. Okay, sister Mary, All.
Speaker 1: Right, let's get through the rest of emails here, going down to the very bottom. This one comes from Joe in Michigan. It's the difference between flavored sparkling Water and zero Sugar Pop. They're both carbonated water, sweeteners and flavoring. Why do so many people hate one and love the other much? Love Joe and Michigan ps Espresso Tonic and cool Mix. Ju Mix is the best carbonated drink.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna try that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot more ingredients in like zero Sugar Pop, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: Salt caffeine as well, right, caffeine and.
Speaker 2: The sparking waters are mostly water like it's like you know, and honestly pop is too, of course, I know, like the vast majority of that is.
Speaker 4: Number one water we have that's like a fire.
Speaker 2: That's what makes me just like pop. Yeah, that's why it's the way of water.
Speaker 1: That's why we're all.
Speaker 2: Coming up to Bailey. That's come on, get on board. What sparkling water is basically just water with a tiny little bit of flavoring and people like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, diet has aspertainment. I need that to function.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's a lot of aspertain. Goat Barey because people like, you know, definitely like my dad and other people are like, that's gonna kill you. And I'm not sure if I believe them or not, but I'm definitely scared and I feel better.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's going to kill me. At this point, I feel like they would have figured out what it was gonna do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, cancer is what they say.
Speaker 1: If you like, yeah, you have to have like fourteen days, like you're.
Speaker 4: Finean I'm not drinking fourteen days.
Speaker 3: You're fine, then that's fine. I don't actually have ten diet cokes. Everybody, calm down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you drink, if you drink like a fuck ton of water, you can also get sick that way too. All beverages is the same. If you have too much, it's bad for you. Spoiler alert, drink.
Speaker 3: Actually, I think people got real carried away about drinking water, and I think started drinking maybe too much, and now they're having like bladder problems because people like kept carrying around the guy like a barrel I would call hit like a donkey Kong barrel of water, And is just the amount of wire to drink it.
Speaker 1: This is they would just keep in the hill to die on guys.
Speaker 2: Let people drink water. Drink water people. I'm not saying anything, but I am saying that there is a chance that when Donald Trump gets on a stump tomorrow, he's gonna say the same slore Mike said, and then he's gonna start saying that.
Speaker 1: Water is killing people.
Speaker 2: So Mike, maybe maybe not this one.
Speaker 1: Maybe people should.
Speaker 3: Drink water, of course, but I think some people are like show it off with like how much water, Like their body tells you like you're thirsty. I don't think you keep drinking water you're not even thirsty anymore because you think it's like, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, greasing, because your drink tastes like nothing about my Donkey Kong barrel jug of water.
Speaker 2: Mike, I didn't know you were gonna put me on blast like this.
Speaker 3: You have one of those, of course, you know, but you feel real good because you drink water. You're a hero.
Speaker 2: You make fun of me when they saw it on the podcast, so I stopped using it.
Speaker 3: Good. They were right to Water's fine, shoul drink water.
Speaker 4: I just like drink water like you know when when you want to, but don't make a big deal about it.
Speaker 3: Now to be fair, like calling me, I'm getting a call from Dan Riker.
Speaker 4: Let's he has to say, only from London.
Speaker 3: Wow, Hi Dan, why are you calling me?
Speaker 1: Tell me's on the podcast?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're on speakerphone. What you just said about water is as dumb as anything I've ever said.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you have to say more dumb.
Speaker 3: I'm glad he knows I think that. I think you're all bad listeners.
Speaker 2: No, Europeans don't drink as much water as we do. Uh, and they seem just as healthy or healthier.
Speaker 1: So I.
Speaker 4: Bring a water bottle to games Colm because Europeans don't drink water, and I was like, I'll be fine without it's it's good. Thank you, though, don't eat.
Speaker 2: It because they are eating well, says Nikky Grayson and chat. And that makes sense because water is in like a lot of the foods we eat too, so they're probably like eating healthier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like my cats, I have to trick them into drinking water because they just stick their stupid little paws in the bowl instead of actually drinking it.
Speaker 1: They give them food in cats in nature get most of their water from killing animals and drinking their blood. And going to remind the team while we're in games Colm to not only apply sunscreen, but now to drink water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're the mom you're gonna have I want to put a stop to this right now.
Speaker 3: I did not say people shouldn't drink water. I'm saying that some people, not all people, not most people, but some people out there I think are perhaps overdoing its and are like getting up five times a night to go pee as a result.
Speaker 2: I basically only drink water at this point, and I have a much sturdier bladder than you. Mike Manati. You talk you talk about it constantly. How jealous you are my very impressive bladder.
Speaker 3: Ye, what did we do? What we did?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 3: Was it summer slam? You just sat there the whole time at the pea and at the end was like, I feel fine. I was furious that you exactly. So, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Seems to be working out fine for me. Oh my tummy hurts. Good show we do. Yeah, it's a great show. It legitimately is. And the last email is an update last week. Bailey meers Mike, I don't believe you were No, Mike, you were there. If someone built a human sized microwave and you got ten thousand dollars for every second you spent in there, how long would you go inside this?
Speaker 3: Zero?
Speaker 4: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Zero?
Speaker 4: Blowed like a hamster? What are you fucking back?
Speaker 3: For? Ten? Great second?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, we all said zero.
Speaker 2: We said maybe you would be fine after one second, but your eyeballs probably wouldn't be, so I guess you wouldn't be fine. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know so much. Mechanized and chat you can survive fifteen seconds. I looked it up.
Speaker 3: That's what's fifteen times ten? I could do this one. That's one hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go all right? That email rights back in. Can't believe I went through all the trouble to make you guys a human sized microwave, and none of you guys are going to go in for at least a second. I wanted to.
Speaker 3: They all help me back. I'd be fine because of all the water. I don't drinks.
Speaker 4: You're gonna gonna boil. You know we're good, fine microwave. You don't trust this source. I'm sorry, mechanized in chat, but it's kind of like when online someone tells you exactly what human flesh tastes like. You're like, I don't know how you know that, but I don't trust you. I've seen I've seen it like once or twice for someone says with authority what human flesh tastes like, and I'm just like, I don't trust you. I don't trust this source. I inherently don't trust this source because of the information they're telling me. They are not trustworthy.
Speaker 3: You think you think Dan would eat it if we got him something that like is a synthetic human flesh flavored thing, if it was flavored. I mean, I'm not suggesting we get him actual human flesh. That says no, wow. I thought Tan was up for it.
Speaker 4: Oh Dan, I thought you were an.
Speaker 2: Is anything involving like foods that aren't meat or cheat, Well, I guess it's meat.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's this problem. Never mind.
Speaker 3: How what's this from? Maybe like one of those gross, gimmicky jelly belly flavors? Oh wow, so Harry Potter co.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are right, folks, And that about does it for the emails. Bombcasta giant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails to. Perhaps next week, I'll assemble all the miscellaneous newsletters you fucking signed us up for and then, uh, you know, we'll just have a little little fun with that.
Speaker 3: But sign us up for all of the same Muppet Vision petitions.
Speaker 1: Please, no, there, We're already signed up for like three different Disney newsletters that were official Disney related.
Speaker 2: I did eat a salt flavored jelly belly once, and I can still remember the time I bet into that like it wasn't bad, it.
Speaker 1: Was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it might go Jeff, remember remember how dehydrated I got when we were hanging around Cleveland and how I had the giant headache, so I got like the the I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was fine.
Speaker 3: I was striking all day, so I was drinking water all day too, but apparently not enough. So I got one of those electro like packets. I'm like, okay, next time a drink, I think I need to do this. I think this allowed for him. Now, what's that a liquid?
Speaker 1: Four? It was?
Speaker 3: I forget it was cold. It's had a stupid name. But you know, I got lemon line flavors. I thought that'd be good, and I put in water, but it was kind of gross because it tastes a lot like the prep I had to do for my like colonoscopies, So that was kind of gross. But oh oh, I'm scheduled for a new KNOSP in January, though, and I get to do the pills this time instead. I'm very excited, exciting, exciting. Yeah, like some people don't like the pills. And then I told my doctor, oh, I'm very good at taking pills. And then I got worried that maybe my doctor thought I did a lot of drugs.
Speaker 1: I don't think your doctor thought that.
Speaker 3: I don't think so I think I was worried by Donald Duck shirt that I was probably Okay.
Speaker 1: Uh we speaking about exciting.
Speaker 2: Probably you were talking about flintstone vitamins. I'm really good at taking these.
Speaker 3: I am always thinking about the flintstones.
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking about exciting things, we got an exciting week here at giant bomb dot com. Game as morning's popping off for the rest of the week. Voicemail dump truck on Thursday, either tomorrow or Friday, will be playing Fortnite because my boy Cyclops is in there. We're taking applications for who wants to join the Uh there we go, uh.
Speaker 4: Minigun and I've been exploding cars with it.
Speaker 1: If I find a cyber truck in that game, it's on the site.
Speaker 3: Of course, I saw a cyber truck. I saw a cyber truck when I was leaving Cleveland on the road.
Speaker 2: And you were like, okay, And we had this conversation right where it's like, if you see one in person, you'll feel differently because you esthetically nothing to do with Elon Muscular Company or whatever. But esthetically you're like, it's interesting and you kind of liked it.
Speaker 3: I don't. It was so shocking to see one. I don't know what. I thought. It was like, it's like it's like that moment in Jurassic Park where they see a dinosaur for the first time, but without maybe the wonder but it's like, whoa, here's one of those fucking cyber trucks. Just I'm like the Cleveland Highway at three am. But it's just me in this car going down the highway. Is very it was off putting. I would say, yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 2: That sounds right.
Speaker 1: No Blight Club this week, but congratulations to Jeff Grubb for finishing Grub Grub. Oh. I really do feel lighter.
Speaker 2: I do feel the weight of that game off my shoulders. Although I did like get a little hankering to like go and mess around with that game a little bit, and I don't know what that is. I need to look into.
Speaker 1: Maybe for Delight Club, we should check out the GBA version or the keyboard version. It's a good idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'd be fun do that.
Speaker 1: Maybe check out some other genre.
Speaker 2: I'm fine, Dan, No, I didn't actually play it, but I'm like, I'm out going there and see what.
Speaker 1: It's like to have the fan patch or something. We'll do that.
Speaker 2: Maybe we post some other Gohn Romero games. Maybe they had Doom plus Doom and Do too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Next week is going to be a slightly different week, folks, because three people on this cult will be headed to Cologne, Germany for Games Calm. We'll be recording a bomb and a voicemail dump truck over there, and I promise you don't worry. I will record footage that could fit into a travelog, and then I will edit set footage in a timely manner. Get off my fucking back or else. I every day I get closer to deleting all of the train flog footage shite. Oh my god, it's gonna be all right. Uh. But speaking about the train vlog which Tam, Lucy and I took two packs west last year, we're also headed to backs West. Not all of us, but the Blight Boys for Sureseys and Tam and Lucy will be headed to foggy see Attle, Washington. There's talk, there's talks about like club panel everybody. So we'll see what we'll see.
Speaker 2: Exactly how everything goes down. But that's I'm not supposed to say that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, you can say you could say, uh, all right, I emphatically said I don't want to go to packs West, but then I see all my friends they're going to Packs West, and I'm like, that's how it goes.
Speaker 2: I'm real glad I'm not going to Germany, but then I want to be with all you guys and have fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to Germany Impacts, and I have a feeling that after packs Mikey need to rest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike Minatti. Where can folks find you on the Internet?
Speaker 3: Go to games Beat GamesBeat dot com. Everybody check out everything being written over there by the crew. All good stuff. I think I'm doing a new nineties Disney on Wednesday. We're actually gonna talk about some some reactions to the D twenty three stuff. Also, my older brother AJ was just at Disneyland with his family, so we'll hear a bit about his very recent trip there. So yep, we'll be recording that Wednesday. Probably go up Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 1: Bailey Myers work. Can folks find you on the internet?
Speaker 4: They can watch the newest Honest game trailer which just dropped about an hour ago for Luigi's Mansion to HD and they all can also find me on Twitch, where I stream every day at Bailey and versus Predator.
Speaker 3: Name.
Speaker 1: Folks, go watch The Honest the New Honest game trailers and I need you to just type a capital bee. All right, just load the comment section with capital bees. All right, just do it. Do it.
Speaker 3: For Bailey, I was like, what's the bee for? It's not it's not a story.
Speaker 1: He doesn't care. Yeah, that's right, that's right, it's not a slur. And speaking about slurs, what we learned today, lot We learned then Mike Manati and Jeff Grubb are just Mike and Sully from Monsters, Inc. We also learned to reach out and touch the pod folks. We learned also that the BombCast is just a bat roll of podcasts. We also learned too much about slurs and how much we accidentally do start saying them. And it's okay, you can never get chanceled as long as I jam am with you. It's also on site for Dave zaslov Baby, we gotta take you down, give me, give me the coyote. Uh sorry, Ski. We also learned that it's okay and it's also not okay to drink water, and we're going to learn soon what human flesh tastes like. That's right, that's been the Giant BombCast. She's been bailing, He's been Jeff Grubb, I've been Janachoa, and we've been with Mike Manatti. Folks, We'll see you next week in Germany. I'm taking any and all recommendations. I want to have fun and hey, if you're gonna be a game's camp, say hi to the crew. Can't wait to see some friends, can't wait to see LEXI, can't wait to see Jordan Midler, and can't wait to see all of you next week for Civilization seven. There I want to see that. Well, I'll just tape it and then I'll show it to you. Thanks, guys, no worries, big dog. I'm panically trying to stop this. There we go, okay, and then that's right. God, I haven't learned shit. I don't know if I can navigate Germany, and it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: We'll see next week for another episode of the Giant Bombcat Give Bomb on the what oh Canon Bomb.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't believe we've made it through this whole podcast that we're still going without talking about the fucking US men's basketball team. That was a couple of games. Nice God, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm letting my toxic show. It only shows when I play competitive sports with friends on the internet in switch sports, and I watch basketball. I promise. Don't worry, folks,