Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pop quiz PRACTI show that hits you pim right in the quizzer. I'm Anny Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than we've received inches of snow in the last twelve hours. Boom, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: People are like, I don't know zero.
Speaker 1: Zero zero half a trivia. We'll ask you a question, no answer, what's the capital? And that's been it for this episode. Oh, Quiz Quizbang.
Speaker 2: Bank early April Fools. So we have some announcements.
Speaker 1: Yes, we had a super fun Plunge your day. Thanks for everyone who came out to play. We are hoping that this will be a yearly thing again now that we have control over lives again. And we want to thank Melanie, the original champion with Julia, for sending the Mary Plunger on its way to this year's winner. Hey David, who got spots three, one and most importantly two.
Speaker 2: Third place was Team Jim Jamaw, First place was Major Data and our winner coming in second place on Plunger Day, Claren Coe pampam.
Speaker 1: Hew, great job. Everybody. Plungers will be in the mill suit. What else do we want to announce, David.
Speaker 2: We received a few coffees last week. We got one from oh or Mike take you all. We got one from Pam and Polly, Chihuahua Goose, Gus with a new lout, and Kentucky Amy and happy early birthday to Kentucky Amy. Next week. Also, I got a very kind message from Chihuahua Goose who had some very kind words for us and says cheers to three hundred casts and counting, and his dog says, Hi, love you, it's you. Also, big shout out to new patrons Danielle and Patrick Bill DJ Buttons getting the workout today. Thank you guys so much for your support that we really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We are going to twenty twenty six like it is twenty six. What I know, I just feel like supported and loved and like you know, the new Year's always a good time to like rev up and feel good about wanting to change your life in every single way. And this is pumping me up.
Speaker 2: Okay. Good side note, we don't hit twenty six year olds.
Speaker 1: No, twenty twenty six. I like we're twenty six, No, but we that would be imply that we're twenty six. No, it's great. What I said worked in every way.
Speaker 2: Okay, hit it like we're twenty six.
Speaker 1: You don't want to hit something like you're in your forties, because then you're just injuring yourself as you get out of bed. Life. I've deflated very quickly.
Speaker 2: What happens in the forties, That's what happens.
Speaker 1: And that's why I'm pumped up again because I'm thinking about all of you lovely people. That's right, David. Yes, Here's how the show works.
Speaker 2: Witz Quiz Bang Bang's format. It's four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answer. After round two will ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question. Round one. Question one, the category is language. What word is shared between some sports uniforms and a band's percussions? Set up? Question two? Category science? What is the term for the processes that result in the structure and properties of Earth's crust and its evolution? Question three? Category is folklore? Ghosts that are said to appear on roadsides at night, usually in the form of a sad woman that disappears, are often said to be wearing loath of what color? Question four Category sports. This one comes from Major Data.
Speaker 1: Think you major?
Speaker 2: The Madison and the omnium are Olympic events in what summer sport? And now the answers to round one. Question one? What word is shared between some sports uniforms and a band's percussion setup kit? You have a football kit and a.
Speaker 1: Drum kit and kit Harrington in a box kit Harrington wearing a football kit playing the drums? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Question two? What is the term for the processes that result in the structure and properties of Earth's crust tectonics? Question three. Ghosts that are set to appear on road sides at night, usually in the form of a sad woman that disappears, are often said to be wearing clothes of what color white?
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen a ghost, David.
Speaker 2: Sure, haven't, Tanny. This is the lady in white tails that you'll hear. Sometimes people can actually pick them up, you know, get them in their car, and then when they get wherever they're going, they're not in the seat anymore. Question four. The Madison and the Omnium are Olympic events, and what summer sport speed cycling? The Madison is a relay race event in track cycling, named after the first Madison Square Garden in New York. One racer propels his partner like a slingshot during a Madison race.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Grab each other and throw them and that's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: They should do a discus event like that too.
Speaker 1: Round two. Question five. The category is which shakespeare play has a Duke of Athens marrying the Queen of the Amazons. Question six. The category is film. Which actor won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in A Fish called Wanda. Question seven the category is video games. This question comes from listener.
Speaker 2: Brandon, Thank you Brandon.
Speaker 1: Which video game holds the record for the highest selling single platform exclusive of all time? Question eight? The category is history. Which French City gained notoriety for a British retreat that Churchill called a miracle during World War Two? And now the answer is to round two. Question five, which shakespeare play has a Duke of Athens marrying the Queen of the Amazons. A Midsummer Night's Dream. We're in a winter's nightmare right now, David A winter town A ah yeah. Question six? Which actor won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in A Fish Called Wanda Kevin Kleine. Question seven. What video game holds the record for the highest selling single platform exclusive of all time? It's we Sports, Brandon said. I figured it would have been the original Super Mario Brothers, but we Sports has sold eighty three million copies. And I think one of the reasons, David, is because it was included as a packing game with the console in all territories except Japan and Korea. So you bought a Wii, you bought a Wee Sports.
Speaker 2: Sure did for a long time. That was the same for the nes too with Mario and Duck Hunt. But yeah, some of them did sell without it, but this one was big, I think because you could put it in a retirement home and people would absolutely lose their minds having fun with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Great for old folks playing video games, the bowling and stuff.
Speaker 1: Like that, and it's a great way to introduce you into how to use a Wii. Question eight, which French City gained notoriety for a British retreat that Churchill called a miracle during World War two, Dunkirk. That is a really great story.
Speaker 2: Germans could have probably crushed them, but they stopped to repair tanks and that gave them enough time to get out of there.
Speaker 1: They get saved by the fishermen.
Speaker 2: It's kind of crazy. Yeah, that's it for the first half. That means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is geography. This one comes to us from Major Data. Thanks again, Major, thanks again to you. You'll have thirty seconds to give as many answers as you can to the following. What eight US state capitals are the smallest by population? Your time starts.
Speaker 1: Now, and that's time. The eight US state capital that are the smallest by population are Montpellier, Vermont, Pierre, South Dakota, Augusta, Maine, Frankfurt, Kentucky, Helena, Montana, Juno, Alaska, Dover, Delaware, and Annapolis, Marilyn. That's a great list there, noise.
Speaker 2: Moving on to round three. Question nine, the category is television in Star Trek, the original series, which character was the Enterprise's chief engineer. Question ten, category sports. This one comes from listener Helen. Thank you, Helen, Thank you, Helen. What is a sumo ring made from? Question eleven? Category animals. Chemicals that are secreted or excreted by an organism which trigger a social response in members of the same species are known as what question twelve. Category architecture. A house having a low, broad, single or double story frame building with a moderately steep pitched gabled roof, a large central chimney, and very little ornamentation is known as what New England location inspired style? And now they answer to round three. Question nine. In Star Trek the original series, which character was the Enterprise's chief engineer, Lieutenant Commander Montgomery Scott.
Speaker 1: I love him?
Speaker 2: Question ten? What is a suit ring made from clay?
Speaker 1: That's interesting?
Speaker 2: Question eleven. Chemicals that are secreted or excreted by an organism which trigger a social response in members of the same species are known as what pheromones? Question twelve. A house having a low, broad, single or double story frame building with a moderately steep pitched gabled roof, a large central chimney, and very little ornamentation is known as what New England location inspired style? It's a Cape cod house no cape cod.
Speaker 1: Round four. Question thirteen. The category is geography. This question comes from listener Clarice. Thank you, Clarice, Thank you, Clarice. How many independent countries and territories are in North America? Question fourteen. The category is pop culture, Usually said in conjunction with an athlete's positive achievement. What does the slang term selly mean? Question fifteen. The category is music. Which composer has won two Academy Awards for best score, one for The Lion King and one for Doune, the one that came out in twenty twenty one? Question sixteen. The category is medicine. Somnambulism is the medical term for which disorder? And now the answer is to Round four Question thirteen. How many independent countries and territories are in North America? Three? Just kidding, there's twenty three. We got more going on in Canada, US and Mexico. Yeah. Question fourteen, Usually said in conjunction with an athlete's positive achievement? What does the slang term selly mean? That means celebration? Question fifteen? Which composer has won two Academy Awards for Best score for Lion King in Dune hunts Zimmer. You don't think about him with Lion King because you just think Helton John.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Question sixteen. Somnambulism is a medical term for which disorder sleepwalking? David, did you ever sleepwalk?
Speaker 2: I have once.
Speaker 1: Oh, I used to do it all the time. Oh jeez, and then I stopped. I grew out of it. I think by the time I graduated high school is when I stopped, which is good because nobody needs to be sleepwalking in college.
Speaker 2: That's it for the regular rounds. That means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is History and Religion. We're going to ask you three questions. The answers which are all clues to a final question. Keep in mind, please, the three clue questions are not necessarily from the same category as the final question. One. Who wrote the novels Frenchman's Creek, My Cousin Rachel and the short story The Birds?
Speaker 1: Question two? Which character can shape shift in the two thousand film X Men?
Speaker 2: Question three. YouTube's number one video of twenty eleven was for which song, which some consider among the worst songs ever made, Though it peaked at number fifty eight on the Billboard Hot one.
Speaker 1: Hundred, and Your Big Bang Question? What English first name did Pocahontas adopt upon her baptism? A reference to a mother of twins in the Bible?
Speaker 2: And now the answers to the Big Bang Round? Question one? Who wrote the novels Frenchman's Creek, My Cousin Rachel and the short story The Birds Daphne du Marier?
Speaker 1: Question two? Which character can shape shift in a two thousand film X Men Mystique?
Speaker 2: Question three. YouTube's number one video of twenty eleven was for which song, some considering it among the worst songs ever made, even though it peaked at number fifty eight on the Billboard Hot one hundred.
Speaker 1: Friday and Your Big Bang Question? What English first nam did Pocahontas adopt upon her baptism? A reference to a mother of twins in the Bible? The same name as the actor who played Mystique, the singer of Friday in a novel written by du Maurier. It is Rebecca. Rebecca. Yeah, I remember that Friday.
Speaker 2: Song, Friday Friday. I can see that. You can see what people say.
Speaker 1: Why they say it's a terrible song. Yeah, yeah, I mean I feel bad for the girl that's saying it, right, I feel bad for Rebecca Black. She was like twelve or something. At fourteen, she was a child, right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I'm sure there were songs out there. Oh yeah, But I mean it got play.
Speaker 1: They got played.
Speaker 2: If people like listening to it, more power to them, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If it comes on in a club and you want to dance to it, go for it. Who cares?
Speaker 1: Because it is Friday.
Speaker 2: Lord knows. We've got our share of, you know, negative comments, and we're just trying to do something fun and have some edutainment for people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, but you know what, most everyone who sticks around is lovely and wonderful. So I just focus on all of you nice people. Thank you for all the nice comments and the coffees and the patron in the right. Coming to Zoom Trivia. Speaking of Zoom Trivia, David, next week.
Speaker 2: Right next Saturday, that is the thirteenth of December.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that one will be general trivia, and then when we do the second Saturday in January, that will be all twenty twenty five trivia. So in case you're like into a theme, there's one coming up and we enjoy all of you in your positivity, so thank you for being wonderful. We hope your holiday seasons are going well. Holiday seasons season, all of them, holidays all at once.
Speaker 2: Find your eggs under the tree while you're dressed as.
Speaker 1: A ghost and asking someone on an overpriced date.
Speaker 2: And wearing green and drinking and shooting fireworks for burning guy Fawkes. We don't care.
Speaker 1: Do it all all.
Speaker 2: Be efficient.
Speaker 1: And take a nap.
Speaker 2: For this episode of Quiz Quiz, bank Bang. I've been David.
Speaker 1: Flora, I've been Annie Flora. Here looking at you.
Speaker 2: Quiz