Speaker 1: Oh yes, you are listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle, and we certainly appreciate you doing that. It is time for the MAVs Minute, though. We got a little game day action tonight. The MAVs a Minute is brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney, Amphitheater and KT. The MAVs find themselves as shorthanded as they could possibly be in San Antonio. But luckily for though, is without Wimby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The best medicine for when things are struggling is to play a bad team. So you have that tonight and Wednesday night. The Mavericks coming off of back to back there are just so banged up. They're looking for minutes out of anybody they can find. They would take an Usher out there playing not Usher, the R and B artist, an actually Usher.
Speaker 4: Uh just just it's just tough right now.
Speaker 3: I've never seen anything like this ever in professional sports where they're the head coach is making comments like we can't even field the entire roster. I mean that is that's that's tough, So you know, deal with it though, I guess right that's anything in mas len lately has kind of been like here, you're getting punched right now, so just take it and trying not to fall down.
Speaker 1: Jason Kidd is saying they can't even sub guys who are tired out of the game because they don't have anybody else to go in for them to catch your break. All right, this has been the MAVs Minute, brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater. Go to Sunset Texas dot com for more information. They are redefining the way you experience concerts and you can go check that out. That's going to open in twenty twenty six. But you can secure your suite now, go to Sunset Texas dot com. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: This thing's big.
Speaker 3: Before I play some audio, Ben, I saw Octomom yesterday on TV.
Speaker 4: Do you remember Octomom Nadya Suleman.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she had the eight babies at once.
Speaker 3: Eight at once, but as a whole she's got I think fourteen okay, not all at once, eight at one.
Speaker 1: That is what doctors referred to as clown car crutch.
Speaker 3: Well this, yeah, well the picture that was disgusting was she was doing the pregnancy picture when she had eight in there. I mean, it was like what veins all over the place. But let me tell you, she looked great, Okay, rejuvenated. I don't know about how rejuvenated, but she looked. I was like, she looks wonderful.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And then is the portal closed? I would assume it's closed. Now she's forty nine. Okay, so fourteen kids. So I started thinking about, Okay, well when was that, dude? That was like before nine? I think I think we're talking about a gal who had eight drivers hitting the road, eight sixteen year old. I should think the fourteen kids are old. Are all like old now, which makes me feel old.
Speaker 1: But man, I'm telling you there's nothing more expensive than automotive insurance for your teenagers. I know that's a difficult thing for you guys to process. You are young people in this world. Sound like an old man in business socks. Don't kids get off my yard? But that will break you as a family. Just the idea, and God forbid any of your teenagers get into any sort of an accident and their rates go up. And dude, the boys are they are way more expensive than the girls. For good measure because we're idiots. But I can't imagine having eight teenage drivers.
Speaker 4: Isn't that insane? This is all great birth control, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, but good for them and the whole family.
Speaker 5: Real quick, do you know why she was on TV? Because she was on the TV in here last week as well.
Speaker 4: I do know.
Speaker 3: There's a new Lifetime film coming out called I Was Octomom, The Nadia, the Natalie Sulman Story Nadia. But I just saw a quick interview with TMZ and it was like even the TMS guys were like apologizing. We made so many jokes about her, and they're like, she's such, she's nice, and yeah, her story is not like it went down a weird bad path and she wentn't doing pornos for money or things like that. Yeah that's a bad path. Whatever path works for your body. Yeah, well it is her fault. She has more available players in the MAVs.
Speaker 5: I thought she had like IVF for something, and then she got eight I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just to receive a text message. She did appear in an adult film called Octomom Home Alone back in twenty twelve, so Wait and award nominations and won for Best celebrity video.
Speaker 4: So you know, all she knows is waking up and winning.
Speaker 2: No go.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine she probably never slept, Probably not because you got to get up every couple hours and feed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she had a lot of IVF treatments to do that. I think this is done on purpose.
Speaker 1: But it's done on purpose or she just was trying hard to have a kiddo exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Christine. Let's gang up on KP.
Speaker 4: I don't know how it all works. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: Let's move on to some more fun topics, although fun is debatable with this one. You know, when you're trying to get away from it, right, you just don't want to hear it, Nomo. It sucks when you tune into your favorite television show for a getaway escape on Saturday night. You just want to watch a little live maybe catch up on the events of the week down in a funny way. Maybe it's some nonsensical sketches on the weekend up date.
Speaker 4: SNL brings out the fake Kendrick Perkins.
Speaker 3: For those that don't know, he's an analyst on ESPN and he's known for crazy hot takes. It almost feels like it's not a purpose, but his demeanor is that, like now, he.
Speaker 4: Really believes it.
Speaker 3: It's very strange. Here's Keenan Thompson doing Kendrick Perkins. I'm sorry not live.
Speaker 6: The craziest news of the season is the Dallas Mavericks took one of the league's best players, Luka Doncik, and traded them to the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Why did they do that?
Speaker 6: Oh, now, there's a lot of questions about this. He'll trade, But folks on the inside note, Luka Dukie is hurt. Okay, Now I'm here in rumors that he got a small tail in his interior crustaceous uterus. I ain't no doctor, but by my inestimations, I believe he gonna be dead by April.
Speaker 2: Why would you say that.
Speaker 3: I'll just be saying things, Michael.
Speaker 2: You know, Stephen A.
Speaker 6: Smith, you just got a hundred million dollars to goal esp and every day and talk nothing but no sense.
Speaker 4: I want a piece of that too, honestly, A genius plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that is painful. It's so painful when it reaches SNL. You just you know, it's just they're they're having They're making a punchline out of our tender emotions. You know, that's a very difficult thing to watch one of your favorite shows and have them kicking your team and in the groin.
Speaker 3: The Mavericks reached Medieval Times and Saturday Night Live, They're everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, that is crazy.
Speaker 1: So they were getting fire Nico chants going at at Medieval Times, at Stars games, at FC Dallas games. But I have seen at MAVs games they I saw a video that they were unable to really get people to join in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fans aren't really doing it. It's like it's very quiet, and even the Medieval Times is like four people. Okay, it's caught on camera. Okay, so it's not even happening that much. Right, it's college kids. Most people were like, it's kind of boring by now a month later to be doing fire and eco change, Right, it's not creative.
Speaker 1: It's the reality has sunk in of what this is. First of all, there's the shock and no one can believe it. But then there's okay, how do we move forward? What's happening next? And did you watch the Lakers play the Celtics?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: I avoided it?
Speaker 3: Why I sh't want to see it? I'm good, Christina, No I missed it. How to go well, I really don't know. I've really tried to avoid like I so the Celtics won. I know Lebron got hurt.
Speaker 1: The Celtics are a super team. I mean, let's not forget the Mavericks ran into one of the greatest teams ever. They are legitimately an all time great team. And part of the reason is they're all so good defensively and they can all switch up, and they don't even have Porzingis right now. But it looked like Luca has been on cruise control and he's been dominating, especially since he got back, got healthy, got acclimated to the Lakers. But he ran into the Celtics buzz saw. I don't know what his final numbers were, but I know Jalen Brown beat him up, stole the ball from him multiple times, and he was less He was.
Speaker 2: Far less effective.
Speaker 1: There's probably one guy in the universe who was enjoying that, and it's the guy who's got these chants happening at medieval times. He's probably go one.
Speaker 4: This is what I was saying, Well, that's the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Is like that joke that was written by you know, by Sartain life, and it's a very playful. He's probably gonna die by April, but he's hurt. I mean that's kind of part of the reasoning we've been given by the matches. They think he's not gonna be healthy going into the future. Yeah, at least they've kind of indicated that with their comments after it all happened. So it's okay, it's like it's this funny punchline, but it's also like that's kind of how they feel. They don't think he's gonna die, clearly, but the that is something that you know, they couldn't hide it because they.
Speaker 4: Were saying it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we after the trade.
Speaker 1: You're a guy who's avoiding Laker games because you don't want to hurt, and.
Speaker 2: Here you are.
Speaker 1: You're probably the biggest SNL fan I've ever known. You're an SNL historian, you love the saying and of the weekday update. How did that hit you? The moment it happens?
Speaker 2: My go it sucked.
Speaker 3: I mean I was laughing at it a little bit, but I was like, come on, I'm trying to get away from it. Why is this happening? Is that happened at the Grammys, like right after the trade happened, Jim gaffiing goes, it makes a joke.
Speaker 2: No stop, Christina. I think we feel a lot the same.
Speaker 1: Like I can see it all over her face, you guys, if she was on camera here, anytime she talks about this, you can see the hurt and paying her face as you try to process it.
Speaker 2: So how are you with all of this?
Speaker 5: Honestly, it's still surreal, Like I'm just avoiding it all together at this point, you know, I still haven't fully accepted it. And then now that they are making jokes on SNL and everywhere, it's like, we are just a joke. I punchline. Literally, it's it's still just hard to accept and it's still just this isn't real life. That kid in the back.
Speaker 3: Seat, right, I've got one to wash down that joke, Okay, this is this is this is like, this is just insensitive. So I was listening to a couple of podcasters and Danny McBride's been doing it making the rounds because the Righteous Jim Stone Season four came back last night with an origin story episode starring Bradley Cooper. Not very funny not very good when you're looking forward to getting the main characters back and you have to wait another weeks like the season premiere, Yeah to the eighteen hundreds to show you how the family started. But Bradley Cooper was good in it, but it was like, okay, yeah, I was looking for my you know, crazy Judy Jimstone lines. But I was rewatching it with my wife because she had not seen season two and three, So we watched season two and three over the last month, and we're watching the season finale of season three, which would have been recorded probably probably two years ago when they shot it, maybe a year and a half ago when they shot it, and they're doing a scene where the bid is they need to get an investor for their church, and it's famous NASCAR driver Dusty Daniels.
Speaker 4: Yea, and Uncle Baby Billy played by.
Speaker 3: Walt Goggins is a character and he's like, hey, I hung out with Dusty Daniels in a flashback seen back to the year two thousand and I did not realize that this celebrity who just died last week or a couple of weeks ago would be mentioned.
Speaker 1: What you got, Uncle Baby Billy, I'm friends with Dusted Daniels.
Speaker 3: I parted with his asshold re Monico after my second bankruptcy.
Speaker 7: Dad, why two K didn't happen?
Speaker 1: So we parted our top that night, Me and Dusted Daniels and Gene Hackman.
Speaker 2: Lost off Man.
Speaker 1: The actor Gene Ackman, Well it was either him or some unfortunate fella looked just like him.
Speaker 2: It's we went home.
Speaker 4: Everybody's talking about the end of the world.
Speaker 3: We felt like, God, we should have.
Speaker 7: Given us a second shot. Jane, Jane, So we took some shots. All hold up, did you, Dusty Daniels, I dit it?
Speaker 2: You never know? Why two key?
Speaker 4: We threw caution to the boy. So y'all for sure touched.
Speaker 2: We might have touched.
Speaker 4: Look, that ain't an important part of the story.
Speaker 3: Okay, they got a guy there that looks just like Gene hack really carently not him.
Speaker 4: No, Gene haven't had been in a movie since four Oh my god. But I was like, what timing? Yeah, Dana mcbriden.
Speaker 3: These interviews leading up to it was like, look, you know, we were kind of trying to.
Speaker 4: Make a funny show.
Speaker 3: Maybe take a little inspiration from like, you know, he grew up in North Carolina, so he's like church background. But he was like, then I see headlines and He's like, sometimes I kind of wondered if we took it hard enough.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: It's it's Walt Goggins, and this is a NASCAR guy in Geene Haman dude's orgy scene and they're doing colh.
Speaker 4: God, there's boobies everywhere, like it was fake. Gene Hackman. I was like, oh my god, I'm it.
Speaker 1: They're going, oh that was terrible timing, timing incredible. All right, there you have it. There's the big finish. That's the end of our show. Go check it out on the podcast if you missed any part of this. And I'll never forget the time that KT walked into a Gene Hackman roast. He looked everybody dead in their eyes, and he said, I.
Speaker 3: Would like some good local New Year's Eve coverage like we used to have in the past.
Speaker 4: We used to own the New Year in this town.
Speaker 2: He's right, you know, coming up next more Eagle. Here you going, You're.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm gonna get my sack back, dude.
Speaker 4: Alright,