Speaker 1: We're getting set for the home opener here at Dodgers Stadium. The player introductions are about to start as the Dodgers returned to Dodger Stadium as World champions. And we're joined right now by the man that led these group of players in this organization last year and for the past nine seasons, as he is a two time, two time World Series winning manager, and that is the one and only Dave Roberts. Dave, thanks a lot for the time and great to be back at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, David is you know we have the opener in Tokyo, but man, there's nothing like home opener at Dodger Stadium. The weather's beautiful. Those Dodger whites are really shining and sparkling today. So really excited to get going here.
Speaker 1: As I look at your new office, man, you really did something not only with the new clubhouse, but with the manager's office as it should be.
Speaker 2: No, it's a great undertaking that from ownership. You know, Janet, Marie Stan and his staff and just the workers what they did to get a two year project essentially Dave done in about five months. And yeah, one of the benefits beneficiaries was myself with this new office. So I got some good digs here. I'm excited, and yeah, it's just what it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: I love seeing the World Championship trophy behind your desk and that team photo that you guys took after you wanted in game five a Yankee Stadium. When you look behind you, what do those memories bring back and how do you use that for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that was intentional. I think for me, it's every time I stepped foot in here, a player comes in here or front off, it's it's motivation. It's something that we accomplished a goal in twenty four and it's a fuel for twenty five. And I think that looking back at memories and how happy we were, just to appreciate all the hard work that goes into winning a championship and we're ready to start this journey again in twenty five.
Speaker 1: What was your message in spring training to this group of players that a lot of them were here last year? What is the motivation? How do you keep the edge after being the champs?
Speaker 2: You know what? I think there's individual goals. Certainly, I think each person has their own motivations. Which is rightful and should be, and there's also a team sense of it. And I think for me, the message was really about our character and trying to really build a legacy for the organization, for the fans. Do things the right way. And I think that our guys, as you see us play every day, we mind the little things. We play the right way. We play Dodger Baseball stick together. It's not linear a major League baseball season. There's ups and downs, ebbs and flows, and just continue to make mind the little things for me, and the noise will be muted and our expectation is again to hoist that trophy up.
Speaker 1: Dave Roberts, entering his tenth season as the Dodgers manager, You're a decade in nowadays, and you got more ahead of you. When you look at look back at the culture that you've established here, what are you the most proud of?
Speaker 2: I think the thing I'm most proud of is our guys respect their position as as major league players, respect the uniform, the franchise. The Dodgers are educated on the history of the game, our organization. It's a responsibility to be a major league player. They're accountable to one another, and we do things the right way. And I think for me is you know, there's not the caddy egos strife in some other clubhouses or locker rooms. Baseball is the thing and winning is the thing, and that's all we care about. And I think for me and the consistency of that mindset is something I'm probably most proud of.
Speaker 1: Dave Roberts has got his lineup out there, a lot of right handed bats today against reigning American League Sy Young winner Trek's school. You don't have Keyk Hernandez today. I guess he's got the mooki itis. What's going on with key K's stomach.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know what he was. He had a tough night. He was throwing up a lot last night. And so we'll see if we can kind of keep him on ice and hopefully we can stay away from him. But yeah, so it's nice. We still got Miggi ro in there. We had to move some pieces around and get piece in the left field, kick Tommy out to centerfield, Meggi ro at second base. But yeah, Scooble's tough man. I mean it's gonna be one hundred. He's amped up. I'm sure to be pitching opening Day at Dodger Stadium, and we got to work cut out, but we got a good left hander as well and Blake Snow, so it's gonna be a good matchup.
Speaker 1: Nell said, he's not thinking about school, bawl. What do you think his motivation is today? Is it just facing that Tigers lineup? Or do you feel like he's going out there with a chip on his shoulder?
Speaker 2: You know what. I don't know, but I think that you know, he's really fired up about donning the Dodger uniform here at Dodger Stadium and pitching this home opener. And yeah, his focus should be on the Detroit Tigers off and I know he's going to be well prepared, and it's up to us to scratch a few runs across and get a w.
Speaker 1: All right, it's a beautiful day in Los Angeles at Dodger Stadium, opening Day. Around Major League Baseball, the one thing Dave Roberts has taught myself and many others that have been around him the past nine years is to have gratitude and certainly grateful to have you as the Dodger manager, Dave.
Speaker 2: So thank you, all right, Dave, thank you. Let's have a great day. Man,