Speaker 1: Streaming live.
Speaker 2: I mean, iHeart radio.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera and Jay Gonzalez on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 4: Hey, talk about you.
Speaker 5: Eye on the Ball hero Bock Sports fourteen. I'm Steep Barra Eadagh balls.
Speaker 1: Now we have a lion with.
Speaker 5: Okay, our intros are really well. He got me a letter.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, the thing's not working.
Speaker 6: So you have it. You have the mic on down there. Probably not maybe you should turn that on. Which one is it?
Speaker 2: This is I on the Ball breaking news on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 5: Maybe step Smithy, We're gonna get there.
Speaker 1: Had to be one. Had to be one issue today. That was the issue. Okay, we'll start off with this.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Kickoff time has been announced yesterday for Arizona's next game. It will be their Big twelve opener at Utah. It is set for seven fifteen specific time kickoff, and it'll be on ESPN ESPN.
Speaker 6: All right, okay, good, So if AI Zone gets this ass kicked again, everybody will get to see it.
Speaker 4: That was another disappointed thing. Everybody got to see how bad.
Speaker 5: They were, yeah or or or whatever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, no, you know, it was funny because I got up to watch game day the next day and now just hoping that the big twelve round up had already had already been done before I before I turned it on because I don't want to turn it on here talk about how bad Arizona was, and I got to I missed it. They did it already happened, so I didn't have to see it. I'd have to set through that.
Speaker 1: Like your signed former Arizona center Christian Colloquial a two way contract.
Speaker 4: He still has to pass his academic his is uh this physical manicle, right because he was out last year because of the Yeah, yeah, he came to remember he visited you a explain.
Speaker 5: To me again, hopefully you know that. What is a two way contract?
Speaker 4: He goes to the G League if he's not in the with the home team Lakers, So he spends time going back.
Speaker 5: And forth, going back and forth, right, right, he was like a player.
Speaker 4: True, yeah, yeah, he'll probably pay more than the G League. But good for him. I mean, he's been out for the year, blood clot good guy.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, who didn't think his career was over right? Right? Right? And they talked about that.
Speaker 4: He just has to clear and then he'd be able to play, had a good first year or two and then now this happens to him. But even though we don't get to know those guys and we didn't with him, he was one of the good guys.
Speaker 5: You know, he wasn't he wasn't you know, he was just on the.
Speaker 6: Show a couple of times, wasn't he He was here with us maybe I'm certain of it.
Speaker 5: I've got his picture.
Speaker 4: And then he's been on you know, he was on the show him and Kerr was on it. You know, we'll have a few of those guys, but there there are good guys as much as we uh well, because he was with Tommy and with and with the Sean, but we didn't get to meet or get to know a lot of the Sean.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good for him, Yeah, no, great for him. Dolphins quarterback to a tongue of Lola. He's been placed on ir after the concussion that he had on Thursday night.
Speaker 5: What do you think? What do you guys think? Will he Will he play again? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Because because he's hard headed. Yeah, he's gonna play. He's gonna come back and he's gonna play. He's not gonna let He's not gonna let it in like this.
Speaker 4: Uh did you watch a Sunday show with Teddy Bruski He talked about, talked about, talked about and it was one great come back to It was a great segment.
Speaker 5: I did see that how how And we see this all.
Speaker 4: The time athletes who are there for eight, nine, ten years, they have no endgame right and refuse the end game right because they still think they have it in them injury or otherwise.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: But I can see that because the checks are fantastic, yeah, and you don't want to go, but it's a bought.
Speaker 5: More than the checks for those guys too.
Speaker 6: For a guy like Teddy Bruce, he was about again, you know, feeling like he can still play right and saying, if I feel like I can play, I'm going to play right. And I like where he said how his his wife said there was what like a three second rule or something like that if he was on the ground for longer than three seconds or four seconds or something like that, but that was it.
Speaker 5: He said that it was over.
Speaker 6: And this was that he'd get knocked on and he'd get up right away. This was after the stroke thing, Yeah, after the stroke and because he went because he went back and played after the stroke. But you know, I you know, he just talked about how I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready to quit. I didn't I felt I could still play, and so he played. But he also had to consider his family and his wife. And there were rules that that that he had to follow.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's in the lester of his domain. The wife and and the Smith was there too, the freest personally in the quarterback from Utah Alexamith Alex Smith, who said the same thing.
Speaker 5: You know, I didn't want to go away.
Speaker 4: Eventually, it was the best time in his life when he came back because he valued his family right more right, you know, you kind of get a perspective that you didn't have before. Right, you know, you're there to provide for your family. But if you're not there for your family, what's the point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, too, is gonna play again.
Speaker 6: I'll be I'd be shocked if he didn't, unless unless there was some diagnosis. It says you play one more down of football you can die. Then then I think he won't play, and that could that could barely be the case too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't know.
Speaker 1: Georgia governor has signed an order to allow schools to pay players. Uh see, schools in Georgia have at what level high school? I think it's just in C double A.
Speaker 6: Well, that's what they've been doing anyway, what's the what's what's what's new about that?
Speaker 5: Exactly? Oh, so.
Speaker 1: Schools in Georgia have legal cover to immediately begin paying their athletes directly according to an executive order, an order that prohibits the n C Double A or athletic conferences from punishing any university or college in Georgia. We're offering compensation or compensating and inter collegiate student athlete for the use of such.
Speaker 6: Well, I I can't tell you that that that will get held up in court all day because you know, again, if you want to be an NC double A program, you have to follow NC double A rules. And just because some state passes a law that says you can break the rules doesn't mean you get to break the rules. They'll say, they'll say, okay, Georgia, go ahead and pay your players, but you guys aren't part of the NC double A anymore. And then now you got to now lawyers start making all kinds of money because you know that'll get fought in court. That's just really stupid and perfect for what goes on in that part of the country when it relates to football. It's like football's in charge of everything else, so ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Baseball season is coming to a close. One of the big series coming up this week is the Brewers and Philliescuse me, Brewers can clinch the you know essential tonight, but they also so we're trying to get that top top spot, trying to get the buy. In order to do that, they will have to sweep the Phillies in order to tie the season series. But they they they've lost the season series to the Dodgers, so.
Speaker 5: They can't catch the Dodgers. Wait.
Speaker 4: Wait, so because I don't pay attention to this, because I don't give a crap, So tell me, tell me who are the who the who are the playoff people?
Speaker 5: Right now? Right now?
Speaker 6: You've got you got the Dodgers leading the West, You've got the Phillies leading the East.
Speaker 5: And those two, those two are in, those three are in. They're not. Nobody's clinched. No, nobody's cleaned.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers clinched the playoffs, but they've not clinched anything else. Okay, but the Dodgers have the have the Phillies have the best record in baseball.
Speaker 5: By one game, so they're pretty much by the Dodgers. So Phillies, Dodgers, and the Brewers the bruise. Okay, those streets and who's the car?
Speaker 6: And then in the wild card race, it looks like you've got the Padres and the Diamondbacks are are uh and the or not the in the other league. The Padres, the diamond and the Diamondbacks and the Mets are the three teams that are in the in the wildcard's with the Padres in the best position.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, because I think the Diamondbacks just put their tickets on sale.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with the potential.
Speaker 6: The Padres have a three and a half game lead over the Mets and a two and a half game lead over the Diamondbacks for the wildcard spot, and then the Mets only have a one game lead in the wild Card over the Braves, so there's still a lot to be decided there. But uh yeah, there's a star by the Dodge. So I'm guessing the Dodgers have clinched a playoff, not clinched the division because they're only three and a half up on the Padres. So the Dodgers in there, Like I said, one game behind Philadelphia for the best for the best record in the National League. I thought you were going to bring up the show hate Chase Man. He's got he's got forty eight homers and forty seven stolen bases, trying to get to fifty fifth.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna ge the first player.
Speaker 8: They've got what a week and a half of games, it's about ten games, about twelve, twelve, thirteen.
Speaker 6: Let's see, they played one hundred and forty one hundred and fifty games, so they got twelve games left.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we'll you get there. I think I think he will. I think you will. They're playing the Marlins. They get the Marlins for three starting today. So go do it in the first inning, all right.
Speaker 6: You beat up on your braves a little bit these last two games. I mean braves swatted them for two, and then the Dodgers blew up on him and kind of got pissed off and started hitting the homers all over the place.
Speaker 1: Did he hit it last night? Because I turned the game off?
Speaker 6: No eating eating a yard last everybody else did? They won nine to nothing.
Speaker 1: I turned it off. After I think it was like the seventh inning. I was like, Ah, they're gonna lose. That's that's all I have today.
Speaker 5: Okay, does it right now?
Speaker 6: Just you know, just kind of been keeping an eye on all the all the football stuff. You know, a lot of talk about how bad some of these good teams are. Right, you got Florida State at zero and three, You've got Florida is terrible. I thought they were going to fire their coach on Sunday because the word got out that there was a board of trustees meeting or something like that. But it didn't happen. But you know, billion apries he's gonna get fired real soon. So then obviously the you know, the all the news starts, you know, starts talking about what would they take Jed fish?
Speaker 5: But Jed didn't look so good over the weekend.
Speaker 4: I was thinking that after they lost the third game, Florida yet and Jed suffered what he suffered over the weekend. But had Jeff and j and Jed's mind, God, I wish I should have stayed one more year. And we talked about this one stay one more year, then leave to Florida because we kind of saw this happening in Florida. Right, they'll suffer, they won't be that good. He'll have a chance to go back there. Yeah, and he decided to jump to Washington. And I'm wondering deep in his mind, and I don't want to talk about jet he's gone, but.
Speaker 5: He's thinking, maybe I should have waited a year and.
Speaker 6: Then his his love here would have been fine, right people Instead of people hated him here, they would have been, yes, stay one more year, and they want to know, you built this thing, right, you know, see it through and then then go off and do whatever you're gonna do. People would have been fine with that. But nobody expected him to stay, you know, for ten years.
Speaker 5: Right, right?
Speaker 9: Or four?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he did a great job, and good good for him. But waiting more in a year, but hey, how do you cry for a guy who's mating five million dollars a year he left?
Speaker 6: He's gone exactly, no, I think. But you know, it's funny because I was watching that game. I you know, I had I had two separate parlays with Washington.
Speaker 5: On the money line. All they had to do was win. All I had to do was win.
Speaker 6: They're in Seattle, I know, it wasn't in Husky Stadium, but they're in Seattle and they're playing the Apple Cup there clearly got better players and just he just crept on it.
Speaker 5: And when they lined up for that.
Speaker 6: With the same play, Yeah, they lined up for that plan, like, I know what they're doing here.
Speaker 5: I know exactly what you're against USC. Yeah, I know what are you doing?
Speaker 6: And and I mean if I knew what they were what they were running, you know, Washington State knew what they were running, and they and they and they buried it. I mean it had it never from the snap, it never had a chance to to you know, run that option on the short side of the field. And then you got up there. In his press comments said if we would have executed, it would have worked. Well, of course, if you'd have executed, it would have worked, but you weren't going to execute it because Washington State was waiting for it. That's that's a funny statement. If it was of course, it wouldn't have worked had you executed it. Yeah, yeah, so it was, you know, but I I saw it coming and who didn't, now, you know, and then Oregon State, you know, just kind of crapped all over it and let Oregon run all over them and the other in the other rivalry game.
Speaker 5: Now you know coming out of the out of the Pac twelve.
Speaker 4: You're done right with Let me ask you a question, Jake. I don't want your honest opinion as opposed to you as opposed to so, so do you. I know you make observations. I think I may have asked you this last week just in your observations of Brendan because now it's him, and somebody last week told me he didn't like how he is on the sidelines because he's clapping.
Speaker 5: He's clapping.
Speaker 4: We've got Tom calling about delay, which he didn't say good or bad, but his his good guy. Look, you have any issues with him per se early.
Speaker 6: No, I don't, because here's the deal we have gotten used to here, uh, not counting Kevin Sumblin with between Jed and rich Rod and Mike Stoops, coaches who were look like they were purposely in the middle of it animated yet and I know that there were times when I thought, particularly with Mike Stoops, like Mike, you got to let your coaches coach. The way you're running around and jumping around and screaming at coaches, I mean, some of those screaming matches he had with Mark Stoops and stuff like that, and you thought the opposite. You thought, he's so intense about everything that he's not giving anybody a chance to coach. You know, it's kind of like do it my way or get the help, you know. And rich Rod, you know, he was so zeroed in on the offense that all his defenses sucked, right, And then you know, then Jed the same thing. Yeah, he was calling the plays on the offense. What was going on defensively? You know, you know who was you know what I mean, Johnny Nansen did a good job with it last year. But it's kind of like you just felt like like Jed was only concerned with half the football team. So now you've got a guy that's he went on and got a former head coach as his offensive coordinator. He got a well respected, well regarded defensive coordinator.
Speaker 5: He's letting the coaches coach. I don't know a problem with that.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm sure he's you know, and he's total Dick told me when it comes to that, the way he walks the sidelines, and that's exactly what Dick did. And that's where he took his taking his cue and that's how he coaches. I think I'm not a problem with it. I think from my mind I don't either. But time will tell, Yeah, tell, because we need to see how the guys adapt to him, right exactly?
Speaker 5: And who knows after three games? Yeah? Okay, all right, let's take a break word and come back.
Speaker 6: We'll be talking to me Arizona Ble with their communication director Eric Rhodes.
Speaker 5: He'll be joining us.
Speaker 6: We'll see how things are going with with Snoop Dog over there at the Arizonabiles Figure around.
Speaker 10: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browsey aisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for money to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect with type, color and style, and top it off with unique car to complete your luck. Find a location near you at the window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 4: Steve Rivera here to talk about doratle Rock and Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. We'll call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 5: Where do you buy exercise equipments Arizona.
Speaker 11: Health Arizona Health Arizona Health. Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else.
Speaker 5: At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach.
Speaker 11: Your goals, your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve.
Speaker 5: Arizona Health the.
Speaker 12: Leading man and exercise equipment on twenty second, just west of will Not It's awards season for summer sports leagues and time to look at trophies for baseball, softball, volleyball, and swimming seasons for youth and adult leagues.
Speaker 13: Summer has arrived and it's time to replenish your promotional products for your companies. Giveaways keep your employees looking great in fresh new apparel, polos in caps with your sharp looking logo. Creative Awards is here to serve your professional and promotional products needs. Visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight Westtrackman Street or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 9: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit Volpe team dot com. That's Volpe team dot com or called five two O six eight five six two six Today, n MLS three H eight seven, Arizon, ABKO nine Ohio and nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity. How to commit to Lyndridson Credit greats and available loan programs, or have to to change the nice.
Speaker 3: Did you know sports cards at Memorabilia are setting record sales last month of nineteen fifty two tops Mickey Mental SO for twelve point six million, Lebron James Rookie SO for five points six Also, collecting cards is a family fun hobby that can be very profitable. If you want to start a collection or expand your collection, check out Showtime Cards. They are one of the leading card shops in the country and have served our local community for twenty five years. They are located on e Speedway That's Showtime Cards.
Speaker 14: Ready to save but not sure where to begin? Take the Pyramid Federal Credit Union ten thousand dollars saving Challenge and we'll guide you along the way. Save five hundred dollars over six months as a member and you could win big. Watch your savings grow to help you reach goals like buying a car, owning a home and more. Visit Pyramid FCU dot com Slash ten k challenge to get started today.
Speaker 5: Been Really Insured and CEU way.
Speaker 15: Gout bugs, termites, fees or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist that's can't run or high from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 4: Selling your home want to get more money for it? Will Danny Roth can help you. He told me about as you Flip the Home you Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Armny Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home of Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand.
Speaker 2: Steve Ravera and Jake and Salid they have their eye on the ball on Tucson Sports a chef Fox Sports fourteen fifty streaming live. I mean, iHeart radio.
Speaker 4: Wapp Hey, welcome back to winning the Ball. Here on Fox Sports Fortune fifty, I'm Stu Bavera. He's jacking Dawkins. But we have Eric Rhodes, the bed of communicating for the irrigable.
Speaker 1: Eric, how are you.
Speaker 2: Doing today?
Speaker 5: We're doing okay.
Speaker 4: You probably have on your calendar the day's remaining before the big Bull game because there's been a lot of hype.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, we get an email every day from our polygue dollar bio is telling us how many days. Sometimes I prefer not to look at it because it's a little stressful, But it's coming quick. It's kind of like the Christmas countdown and you don't want to see. But it is on its way and we could not be more excited.
Speaker 6: So what are the types of things you guys are doing right now to get ready? You know, what's what's the daily work? I guess I should add as the bowl games? You know, what's football season on? Right you start talking about being ready for this. What are you guys doing?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, we're this sounds terrible that this is our job. We're watching a lot of football right now because one of the things we pride ourselves on is taking a great matchup from a football standpoint. You know, we've had more of our last seven games go down to the final score, three of those in overtime, so we feel like the matchup is key to having people want to see great football. But beyond great football data answer your question, We're going to everything we can in the community to make sure continue the Sun Arizona continues to support us, which they have. It's a phenomenal We're going to start a program soon called are you bawl Ready with a local restaurants bars, you know, service industry places, is to put a sticker on where you can buy tickets. You know, we're we're much more national than we've ever been from a sponsor and partner standpoint, so we're work with a lot of national partners on how we can get that message across to southern Arizona and really short a spotlight on the community we all love and spend all of our time in.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you, we know who's coming in the big sponsor with Snoop Dogg. Has he been a little more hands on? Well, not a little more. Has he been hands on to this point where he's he going to wait?
Speaker 7: You know, it's it's always a toss up when you work with somebody at that level. But he's been great. He's been excited. They are wanting to do new things. Every day we meet with their team, if not a couple of times a week, at least once a week talking about you know Snoop schedule, which is not something I ever thought I would say, I know his holiday plans and where he's going to be pretty much every week, which is, you know, kind of an odd thing to do. But he has been very hands on. He's very excited to be part of our community, not just this year but long time. You know, we're locked into a three year contract with an option for t more, and they are constantly saying, well, can we do this, can we do this?
Speaker 5: What about this?
Speaker 7: Almost to the point where we're having to say, like, hey, hold back just a little bit, because we want to make sure we have three years of exciting stuff. We don't turn doing all in year one.
Speaker 6: Will there be a point where you kind of have a sort of a map of everything that you're doing that the public can look at and say, okay, this, you know, these are the things that are that are going on places where he might be or you know, just events and those kinds of things. When will that stuff start to filter out to the public with events and things like that happening related to the.
Speaker 7: Ball great question today, It's probably gonna be a mountain mid November. I will say that he is a hard man to rail down. Of course, more out and I mean you see it everywhere. He's in People magazine right now, which we got a little shout out in, which is exciting for us. He's hosting the Voice, he's one of the coaches on the Voice. Obviously the whole world saw him in Paris doing his thing. Uh so he does not ice trained company, and he has you know, a kids show. So uh, your question day probably about mid November, Wilson and they have the public. Well you might be able to get some snoop tags.
Speaker 4: Oh well, nice. I just hope that he drops it like it's seventy two degrees.
Speaker 14: Jada.
Speaker 4: By the way, by the way, yes, well, by the way, Eric I put that in the story and my guy here took it out.
Speaker 5: He didn't get it. I didn't get it.
Speaker 7: That's a great reference.
Speaker 16: Come on, you guys must be We're a business magazine man's hipster.
Speaker 4: So you guys, I mean every day, I mean I don't every day. Can you kind of tell the excitement because I know you have the realtors in town doing a lot of the busy stuff trying to get sales for tickets. Do you know kind of the progress with that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're We're way about schedule as far as ticket sales than we've ever been before. We sold more over the summer than we ever have. We traditionally don't pick up from a ticket sales standpoint, so kind of mid October once football season starts and people start thinking about it. But we sold a really nice chucking tickets over the summer. We continue to sell almost every day.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: Our Kickoffs luncheon is coming October the fourth, which is be exciting for us. It's always a good time, you know. I'm sure you both will be there. Our future guest this year is rich Clark, the executive director.
Speaker 5: Of the CFP.
Speaker 7: So all those questions you want to say, like what's going on in college foot Paul, this is I got to ask.
Speaker 5: And so he's in charge.
Speaker 7: We're excited to have to here in our community. He's a big Snoop Dog fan.
Speaker 5: That's so.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're ahead of schedule further than we've ever been in our senior history.
Speaker 6: You know, that's been quite an event over the years. You've had Gronk, you had Rudy Rudiger, You've had you know, people like that. How are the ticket sales going for that? And where can get people get tickets for that?
Speaker 7: Gosh, you just always setting me up to make me good at my job. I appreciate that you can go to the Arizona Bull dot com, like you know, the Ohio States the Arizona Bull dot com for tickets we have we usually have about a thousand people on the lunch in between eight hundred nine thousand. We're already over the six hundred ticket sales mark. So we're you know, a month to go still here. So this is one of those things, you know, being a native too soon in we always wait till the week of You probably don't want to do that because those tickets will be gone and then we might have a surprise guest also this year. Well, I can't guarantee anything because it would be a surprise, but uh, you know we might have song here to visit that folks would want to see.
Speaker 4: Well, I was just gonna ask you maybe this is a surprise yest. So I'm not sure about saying anything, but I saw Francona's face on some kind of flyer.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, he's not a surprise. He's we're telling people.
Speaker 6: Don't be there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So you know, every year we get to taketoll me to some strong awards, and so it's got a lot for our community, you know, kind of in the world of athletics, and so yeah, Terry Francona is our recipient. This here will be there to receive the awards. I mean, and I think we're a little spoiled. Hear too some that we see a lot of people. But when you look at that man's resume, I mean he is in an echalogue by himself as far as the Golden Spike, sword winner, college World Series, Major League, a couple of World Series as a manager his playing career, and he's just such a down to earth guy who we see all the time in the Kato and basketball and baseball, and I think you don't really know what's sitting in front of us from a historical standpoint. So yeah, he's not the surprise guest that he will be there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very cool, very cool.
Speaker 6: So how how is the stuff that's going on with the with the game? How different is it from you know, previous years because of the Snoop dog effect, you know, but I mean, is it more urgency, more stuff that you're coming up with?
Speaker 5: How has it been different?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a great question.
Speaker 5: Dan.
Speaker 7: I think one of the things that I've tried to colin in my own thinking is, you know, how we all learned to about AD and BC is kind stamps. And when we were in school, I started to coin the phrase ps pret snow. So all of our numbers and all of our activities of what it used to be pretty snow and now what we're going to do, So we're actually going to add some stuff that's great for our community. That whole week, we're hosting the Snoop Youth Football League's National Tournament here in Tucson. So we'll have about thirty youth football teams here playing in the tournament, which will culminate in the Snooper Bowl, which is just a fun name to say. On the twenty seventh of the game, before our game, we're going to host the Snoop Special Stars, which is, you know, young people with disabilities who are going to play football game in the stadium on the field which will be all painted up and everything. You know, and have that experience. So adding us to your new things, a few new wrinkles you haven't seen with or and of course when you have an entertainment goal who not only travels with himself but with quite the entourage, it opens up a few more doors. But you know, I don't want to quite give that all the way. That's one of the teasers, like you've got to be present to win. You got to be the game to see what we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Right along those lines, when Kim came on the show a couple of months ago talking about the game when it first announced, I said, I can't wait for our media surprise or our media gift. The Snoop is going to be part of it.
Speaker 7: Well, you know that's that's when I get to choose. So you're setting me up. That's the media gift is getting nicer by the minute here because.
Speaker 6: That's his way of saying, I want a case of gin and juice or whatever or whatever.
Speaker 7: No, I mean, you guys both know where our office is. If you happen to make your way to our office, we may or may not have some some beverages that you and then of course we'll make sure you ober home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny because when you got this a couple of months ago and you announced, uh, a story that's coming out in this Tucson in a month or so, right, you said, you guys must have had like a huge celebration high fives that you were because it's a fantastic gift.
Speaker 5: How was that?
Speaker 7: I will tell you? You know, you guys, you're you know Kim and Era, gnecutive director, is a good friend of your show. You guys are kind of enough to have her on often. She's a fun boss to work for. So when we officially signed an All the Ink tried, she got to our office early and as we walked in, it sounded like a pool party because there was some beverages out. There were speakers playing lots of snoop mesi to the point where we shared an office with a law f room and the floors beneath us, and we definitely got some people, you know, like banging on the ceiling with the quiet, But yeah, it was it was really exciting. I mean, you guys have both been around since the beginning of this game, so you know the trajectory we've been on, and it's a bit surreal to be on this show with the two of you talking about how Snoop Dogg, right, you know, America's mascot right now is going to be so heavily involved in Tucson, our community, not just for one day, but for a week plus for the next three years. That's just so exciting for us.
Speaker 6: We're talking to Eric Rhodes, VP of Communications for the Arizona Bawl. We're talking Snoop Dogg and his impact on the game. You know, it's I'm sitting here, you know, listening to you and talking about this and thinking, I just can't wait to see what this is going to look like, right uh, you know, with all the events and with him being here for the game and just what I mean, the game is going to be the game, but there's going to be a whole lot going around it, and a whole lot of attention around it. I mean when the game shows up that week and you know, and Snoop Dogg's a big part of it, you know, you guys are going to be all over you know, the talk shows all over the you know, pregame shows about with with Snoop Dogg being.
Speaker 5: A part of this.
Speaker 6: I just want to see what that's going to be like at that time. It's it's I.
Speaker 5: Don't know that. You can't even predict all yeah, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean we we certainly, it's like the best laid plans of mice and men, right, Like, we certainly have a logistical plan. But you just don't know how many people are excited by Snoop. I mean, you just don't. You don't get it, Like you know, the questions we get. Here's the three questions I get every single day. Is Snoop going to be answered on?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, He's going to be in twth on for multiple days, so he is going to be here.
Speaker 12: He will be in the game.
Speaker 7: He's going to do at least a quarter on the broadcast in the boot, so that'll be entertaining. Question two, is he performing at halftime? And I can very honestly tell you we don't know yet. Yeah, like we would, we would love him to. We don't have it for sure on that because we're not talking about like just handing someone on the microphone to to, you know, sing the national anthem as we've had many lovely talented people.
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 7: Snoop comes with a fairly long and you know, like you mentioned, there does happen to be a football game going on as well, so you know, we have time constraints as far as how long our halftime can be. We've got to get approved from the conferences if we want to link in it for a small concert, if you will, how you get everything on and off the field, Which goes back to your earlier question of we have kind of like three different plans of Okay, here's what it's this, here's if it's a big halftime show, here's if it's a smaller halftime show. One of the things that I deal with now every day is like who for Snoop entourage is going to come and how are we going to accommodate now. Also, you know, like doctor Dre and Jimmy Adan who founded beat Ti Tree and Apple Music and Inner Skill Records, they're all great friends. And of course this is the third question we get every day, is Martha Stewart coming, which because you know Snoop and Martha are friends and we have reached out to her team and we would love for her to be here, and they can tell you at this point.
Speaker 5: It's not a note.
Speaker 7: Not Y's for sure, but it's not a note. And she might be one of those fun surprises that keep finding going around her tailgate and rings in our game.
Speaker 4: You just might have more a moment nothing like knowing your thread count of your bed and.
Speaker 5: You know, I know, right, yeah, yeah, there was something.
Speaker 7: That's got to be like a signature Arizona ble turning she could put together.
Speaker 4: We got to because this minut or two, I wanted to talk to you about one of the cool things that's going to happen, the nil stuff, because everyone's talking about nil. Right, you walk across the street and you get five hundred bucks, that's going to be special to you guys as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, the first ball game on the country to do it. I think a couple have followed suit since. And ours is going to be based right, you know, it cannot be based off performance, So every student athlete who shows up to our game as part of the travel roster for each school will be given and at this point an undisclosed around and nil money, and it'll be centered around doing a youth clinic the day before or the games. So the NL is attached to the clinic, not performance. And so we want to maximize a couple of opportunities. One, we want to make sure we elevate our ball and every chance we can get. And so we've become as you know, the bolt landscape changes and postseason changes almost by the minute in college football. We want to be one of those those bowls that isn't part of the oh, maybe that doesn't exist any more conversation, and we're quite confident we're there and then be as we all see a lot of people opt out. We want to make an honor tractor to come play in our game, like you know, make make make a certain amount of money to come play if you're possibly going to be drafted, or give me your chance, whatever it might be. Like, we want to give every student athlete, because we have some great teams come to our game with some some outstanding players. We've had a player drafted each of the last three years who appeared in our game, so you know, we want to make sure those people continue to come and perform so our fans can see that.
Speaker 5: Super well, Thank you, Eric, appreciate your time always.
Speaker 7: Han Punger, Guys, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 5: We'll talk to you zip great.
Speaker 4: Thanks Abuchus, Eric Rhoades, VP of Communications from the Arizona Bowl. We got to go, come back and we'll talk more about a lot of different things.
Speaker 5: It takes your calls, of course. Yeah, if you're an.
Speaker 4: Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludelsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot, it was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one Email me at Steve dot Rivera ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 17: Hi, this is formal Wildcat Leman Hundley with Arizona Health, imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your attime. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space.
Speaker 5: In your life.
Speaker 17: We allfo a complete line of cardio machines, multi gms and freeway equipment to five fitness experts and technicians will set you out with the right equipment.
Speaker 5: And training to get you started to keep you going.
Speaker 17: Visit our share room today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lead to edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 13: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial daid available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at PMA dot edu. Slash Someday, Hey.
Speaker 4: Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home. Then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Markets All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance with the Edmund Market All Stage Agency.
Speaker 5: You're always in good hands? Is it them at twenty seven nineteen?
Speaker 4: No Campbell or call him at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 2: Breaking down the hall the excess at all It's Steve Rivera and Jagen SALVIAX. This is I on the ball on Fox Sports fourteenth fifty.
Speaker 4: Hey, welcome back to im Ball hero Fox Sports Fortune fifty. I'm Steve Rivera's jakinsaucutter guy Kevin.
Speaker 5: With us today known a few minutes. Anybody want to call? Would I say Kevin? You're Kevin today? Kevin? I call Hivin. Vin's not even an intern anymore.
Speaker 4: Dude, Kevin, You're lucky I call you Ray or somebody this long as I don't call you link for dinner, I don't know why I can't get your name Mark right right? You're my host for the Saturday show, the show what are these days?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 5: Adopt? You go? How's that going? It's good.
Speaker 6: We only had two shows. It's the home games. Okay, that's we almost came to blow. The second show was okay, right right, I forgot you got a good show. It was a good show. A little uncomfortable, but it was fide.
Speaker 5: It was fine. It was good. Uh so what else?
Speaker 4: Anybody call? We got a couple of minutes five two oh four, one, six, seventy four, forty uh what do you want to talk about?
Speaker 5: Anything? You want to show? Hey? Went aard?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah that he went big fly upper deck while we were on the on on with the Eric Rhodes. He's at forty eight homers, forty eight stolen bases, and he's got two of each. Okay, I know you don't really give a crap, but I'm gonna ask you anyways, even though.
Speaker 5: He's a d H, if he gets to fifty fifty, is he the m v P. That's been the time. I think I asked you this next week because you you said no.
Speaker 6: I initially thought no, but now that if he if he gets this milestone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think you have to give it.
Speaker 4: I think I think so too, because tonight I'm gonna see some of the guys and he talked about that too. They're they're saying, yeah, yeah, yeah, look at this accomplishment, right, Yeah, it's so rare.
Speaker 5: No, I agree with you. I mean, it's extraordinary what he's doing. I mean, nobody, you know, nobody does that. You know.
Speaker 6: Similarly, I heard a conversation coming into the show today about Travis Hunter, and you know, the amount that he plays both sides of the ball as good as he is, even if Colorado kind of sucks or maybe there's six and sixteen, But if he's doing all that and he's one of the top receivers in the country, he's one of the top defensive backs in the country.
Speaker 5: Is he he's been worthy? Yes, he's been worthy. Yes. Will he get it?
Speaker 4: Probably not, But he's been worthy, of course, yeah, because well, at its core, and we know this doesn't always fly. It's the best call, it's supposed to be the best college football and how many times does that happen? Never so exactly, so why not be worthy? But if he was, if he was on a better team or whatever. Yeah, he could win it, but no, I mean he won't win it, but yes, why not? I mean yeah, I mean you know, I'm a voter, so you know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I would do at this point because I'm look from last year, right, I mean my whole argument all season long, yeah, was that I thought one of the reasons you give the Heisman Trophy to Michael Panis is because of how good better better team? Right? So, but you know what Travis Hunter is doing is is, uh, he's really good.
Speaker 6: You know I I I watched a lot of that that Colorado State game, and he made some plays that you just go, yeah, man.
Speaker 5: Who's better him or team as a receiver?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think teams a better receiver, but team can't play defensive back.
Speaker 5: Right right, No, they're both fantastic and and I think that we'll see down the road.
Speaker 4: We do you see down the road if team continue to do why not think about him as a Heisman guy? But he hissed be a better team? Yeah, because he is. He is, if not the one or two three best receivers in the country, right, I don't know, we'll see.
Speaker 5: But to you to your question.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, you should at least consider him at that core. That's what it's supposed to be. I know, we don't go there. It is fortunately it's unfortunately we don't.
Speaker 5: So we'll see. Yeah, I hear, we'll see him in a couple of weeks. I mean it should be a.
Speaker 6: Lot of fun. Yeah, a month maybe. Yeah, they come here, right, yeah, they do come here. That's a gameboard. It could be sold out. Yeah, people are gonna want to come and see that. Okay, hey, let's take this call. Hi, you're on the air and high on the ball, Nico.
Speaker 5: Hey, I got two questions for you, man, cool. First is you think the PAC twelve will take Arizona back? Man, I don't think Arizona will take the Pack twelve back. How's that. Let's be out of that Big twelve. It's not a good shilling there. It's a terrible showing. But I still think it's a better place.
Speaker 16: It is a better place.
Speaker 6: But bottom get the penalty six man, Yeah, bottom line, Nico, A Pack twelve contract, TV contract with the teams that it's gathering. And let's say you add Arizona in AARs on the state hypothetically, which isn't gonna happen.
Speaker 5: But let's say you did.
Speaker 6: You're talking about max fifteen million dollars a year where they're getting thirty and change up in the Big twelve.
Speaker 5: So that's not going to happen.
Speaker 15: Hey man, they have to go to the league.
Speaker 13: They can win.
Speaker 5: Why they can win the Big twelve if they just get their stuff together. I used to think, dude, I used to think so too, But I don't know. No, they not. They didn't show well on Friday. And my second question, heay, how the hell did you get a Heisman voter trophy?
Speaker 13: How'd you get to vote for that?
Speaker 16: Because I know somebody, I don't think you're qualified. Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa? Of course, wow, you breaking the heat. I guess so well, because.
Speaker 5: You're a good guy. I never read your stuff in the paper.
Speaker 6: But you weren't born when I was writing for the paper.
Speaker 10: That seems like a big responsibility.
Speaker 6: Man, It is a big responsibility, and I and I accept it as a big responsibility. And in doing that, it's because I do watch a lot of football. I pay attention to a lot of it, I read about a lot of football. I feel like I have a good sense of players. Uh so I take I take it seriously and and so yeah, I had I am qualified as all hell, I'm qualified that a lot of the guys who voted last year.
Speaker 5: I know that for sure.
Speaker 6: Hey man, you're winning me over.
Speaker 9: But it sounds like you got back.
Speaker 5: That could be true that this is my second time around as a voter. I was a voter.
Speaker 6: Background was covering the football team in the in the late eighties. Okay, I appreciate youno. Gosh man, what the hell's am I unqualified as a college football better maybe, but not as a not as somebody who has an idea what's going on?
Speaker 4: Give him the old wings next time he shows up at your seriously seriously chicken wings and whatever your pizza.
Speaker 6: Give him the old stuff exactly. Okay, cool, all right, we gotta take this one more call. And then we got to make a little bit of an announcement. Here, Hi, you're on the r and I on the ball.
Speaker 5: It's team money money, what's up?
Speaker 8: Should this should establish your bona fides or not?
Speaker 5: Did did you or did you not vote for Gino Touretta to win the Heisman Trophy? I did not? Okay, I did not one at a time. That was a while back. God, I can't remember what I mean, that was around that time. Who the guy money? I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just remember being a kid and Touretta won it, and I'm like, what is going on here?
Speaker 4: This is that's that's how my trust in the system just.
Speaker 6: I'm looking up to see when he won it, because I might not have voted the year that he won it. He wanted to ninety two. Yeah, I wasn't voting at that time anymore.
Speaker 5: I voted.
Speaker 6: I only voted one year because then I left sports writing. And it was the year that Barry Sanders won it and Rodney Pete was second and Troy Aikman was third, and I voted for Rodney Pete.
Speaker 5: It's a little it was a little biased.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeahay too money, too money. What the hell's going on with this football program? What's your evaluation?
Speaker 14: Well, I just think expectations are everything, and I think we failed the team and that we expected too much.
Speaker 5: And I think we'll have to crow even in tacos taste like craps crow Tucky. It's gonna it's gonna be one of those seasons. As long as we can beat b YU, Colorado, and ASU.
Speaker 1: I think that's the baseline.
Speaker 4: Three four three four, that's okas are three, right, and then you get maybe Texas Tech that's four.
Speaker 5: Get you to six? Yeah, yeah, U c F and West Virginia in there. I think those are that's a hard one. They got a month, they got like three weeks to get this stuff figure now. They got to figure it out. They got a lot to find. The question to you is what hurts more this or nineteen ninety nine. I can't figure it out. Well, this doesn't hurt near as much as nineteen ninety nine. Yeah, you're not done yet. We're not done yet, done right? You know?
Speaker 6: The Penn State beatdown was one of the worst things I've ever seen in Arizona football.
Speaker 5: And so this doesn't get there yet. So had somebody on the phone during the middle of the third quarter. It was it was yeah, anyway, all right, man, Lene's basketball season.
Speaker 7: I'm out talking to that.
Speaker 6: Don't stop calling us Tea Money. I wonder if that's his real name, the last name money. Yeah, maybe maybe it's like Tea change.
Speaker 5: Hey, what's up with you? All right? So I got a little bit of an that I shouldn't say a little bit.
Speaker 6: Of an announcement kind that wich time. We had about five minutes, four minutes, four minutes enough time for you. Yeah, just making a little bit of a life announcement here for me. I've been trying to figure out how to put this, and I think the best way that I can put it that sort of fits with what we talk about is I've entered the transfer portal. I'm going to be leaving the show at the end of this week kind of. I've accepted a job with a local public relations firm. You know, radio is a tough business, and it was tough to make ends meet with this and it just didn't It just didn't work out, and I had to I had to go seek some employment and I've been hired by a local pr firm with a group.
Speaker 5: That I've known for a really long time. And so my last day on the show will be on Friday. Now. Steve and I had previously cut a deal with a casino del Soul. We're going to be doing a show once a month there leading into NFL Football on Thursday nights, and so I am still going to come back and do that show with Steve once a month, but other than that. I'm off the show. Uh, starting on Friday. You also might be an occasional caller.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I may call in and if I if I'm listening to the show and it sounds like you need help, I'll give you a call. You can rip it to as Yeah, Nico, all right, I'm qualified for a lot of things. But uh, you know, it's it's been a it's been a great ride. Steve and I have been together for over four years. Came at a great time for me after I got punched out at the Two Sugar Skulls. It's been fun. We've done a lot of good stuff, continue to be fun. Yeah, and Steve is going to keep the show going with a likely an somebody else, somebody started, somebody is worthy and hopefully more worthy than than me.
Speaker 5: I just went to the back to the fourth, back to the fourth, back and forth. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But you know, I think Steve and I have had a had a great chemistry here and we've had a lot of fun. I think people talk about that when they talk about this show. They talk about that more than anything, that that Steve and I seem like good, good partners on this show.
Speaker 5: Were back and forth off but it's.
Speaker 4: Been fun, but it'll be fun, yeah, because you'll be back. You'll be back on Thursday nights. We'll have fun there and casino. Make sure when we announced that that you go down there if you have a chance to say hello, you know, might even buy you a beer or so and just kind of be in the audience with us.
Speaker 5: Put it all on red put Okay, no, don't do that. But it's a nice facility. We'll be down there.
Speaker 4: We're at our new facility, so we still have a lot to learn here. I had the interns coming in yesterday. They spoke with me because there was no guest. So that'll kind of be the show for a while.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: I'm a little bummed about the timing of this because we did just get to this great studio.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it's I mean, it's it's small, but it's technologically it's awesome.
Speaker 5: It's clean, yeah, because we've got to take our stuff back to.
Speaker 6: It's clean, and and you know, we're getting the kings out. But it it looks you know, it looks like a great, great system for us. But anyways, I you know, well, I'll say my formal goodbye on Friday. On Friday, but I just want to let everybody know this is happening, and Friday will be my last day on the on the Daily Show, but we'll be uh, we'll be getting together once a month on on Thursdays, probably from a casino.
Speaker 4: Del right, right, Okay, cool, cool, get that out of the way. You've known for a little bit. Yeah, just a little bit. We were kind of holding off with that in the casino notice. Yeah, so we know it's not done yet. We're still going to continue this, uh in a different form, right, but I'll be here with probably a new a new host, Tartner, but some at some point I'm not sure when.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I should tell you to go get yourself a white guy or not, or you know what you ought to do there. I just want to survive. I just want to survive.
Speaker 4: I kind of want to get some guy that's gonna go back and forth with me too, because that's that's part of the part of the show, you know it. Don't want anybody to agree with me, and I don't want to agree with them. So you know, there there is momentum or no momentum. You are not a basketball blue blood like that.
Speaker 6: Can continue to find ready, we gotta get the heck out of here on top of the hour where uh gotta get off. So everybody, thanks, thanks for everybody, and we'll be back tomorrow, tomorrow,