Speaker 1: Five o five. I think i've Garris de talk Station Happy Friday. Say, well, there it is Friday on the Morning Show. What an amazing line up today, Thank you Joe Strecker. This morning's gonna fly by Happy Friday at all the listeners we got going on today. Well, let's Tech Friday with Dayatter every Friday at six thirty. You know that's coming. And today we'll be talking with Dave about time to delete the most invasive apps on your phone. I think they're all to some degree invasive, as we've learned from Dave over the years, but the most invasive. Let's see how they determined which one of the most invasive are He did an op ed piece Dave did Chinese evi's threat to national security and privacy, and he'll talk about a video that shows how easy it is to install a card skimmer. Excuse me, I had to exercise the cough button. Get my voice going in the five o'clock hours sometimes can be a struggle for me, So apologies for that. What has Orlando's sons have been up to? Of course we were all weeping over the victory of Greg Greg Landsman over Orlando Sanza, but I know he's still active, and we're going to find out from him today at seven oh five. What's he been doing since the election, his thoughts on what's going on in DC and what's in store for him future wise in terms of politics. And I can only hope that he does pursue some office down the road. I think he's just such a brilliant man and just a family man, an honorable man, a decent man, and I think he's well deserving in some position if he chooses to run. I mean, that's of course his choice. Corey Mawman one of three now running for the mayor city of Cincinnati. Correy's going to j join the program at seven thirty. That's great. We had him on early on in his efforts and apparently got enough signatures, so we have options in the city of Cincinnati. Question, does anybody think that a Republican can win in the city of Cincinnati. Christopher P. Hotel, with the book wanted the FBI, I once knew cash Mittel got confirmed yesterday by a squeak. A squeaker, but cash Mittel was confirmed FBI director. So Christopher on his book as well as his thoughts on cash Hotel at eighth five, and they'll look not a new book to talk about. Bill O'Reilly's been on the program a whole bunch of times over the years. Every time he releases a new book, I just you pour right through it. They're great reads or easy reads. They're informative, very interesting, and no book to talk about today. But we will get his thoughts on what's going on in DC. We will get his thoughts on Mitch McConnell, who is not seeking reelection. Can't believe I didn't get a woo who on that one. Joe. The audience is going, yeah, he's eighty three years old. For god's sake, the next campaign would be twenty twenty six, so he's gonna just, I guess fade away. Cash Bettel will be on the subject Metalist with Bill O'Reilly, and then we will of course Bill O'Reilly dot com if you're interested in getting his books, they're fantastic as well as his commentary. He does a lot of activity over Bill O'Reilly dot com. So Bill O'Reilly at eight thirty, closing out of Friday here on the fifty five Carssey Morning Show, Outstanding, Joe, Outstanding, did you reach out to him or did he reach out to you? You reached out to him. That's great. You know, he's a busy man. He doesn't necessarily have to spend time on the fifty five Cassey Morning Show on a Friday morning. So it's awfully cool that he is. We have a good relationship with Bill. It's kind of funny because if you get a Bill O'Reilly book, you damn well better read it before you talk to him about it, because he's going to ask you, did you read my book? So has he? Fun fact from Joe Strecker, he's hung up on people who haven't read his book. Oh that's funny. But again, there are good books. We'll get to catch yoursel as a crime stopper bag guy the week later in the program as well, Jay Ratlife from yesterday, Michael Walsh with his book A Rage to Conquer Twelve Battles have changed the course of Western history. Ohio State Representative Jennifer Gross on medicaid. And we'll see if we can't bring back to the top of the conversation we had with the state auditor Keith Faber, because previously on the program it was sometime last year. He didn't seem overly concerned about the amount of well, for example, payments that went out of state. He subsequently did some sort of analysis and review and uncovered that about was it, twenty five percent of the Medicaid dollars floats to some other state, to a resident of some other state, which should be verboten and should be ferreted out. If you can figure it out through an audit of a handful of sample of claims, let's start cutting the payments. But as Jennifer Gross explained, you've got to get approval from the basically the administration, the federal government to make any changes whatsoever, including adding a work requirement. So that's the strings attached that she pointed out. You know, ninety percent of the Medicaid money. We did that Medicaid expansion some years ago, and ninety percent of that money comes from the federal government. Menial highlands are on the hook for the other ten percent. What if they cut that money? And what of the folks that just entered into the program under the expansion weren't there previously? Can they manage themselves without it? And she said, they are all the people we're talking about here, able bodied folks who could get jobs, and so the job requirement or a job training requirement, you know, that might help them move away from the welfare state and get themselves unhooked from the umbilical court of government. How about that? And yesterday I got a fun text from Joe Strecker the protest outside the Greater Cincinnati Tesla store. Are those independently owned and operated? Joe, do you know? Or is that z line Muscow in it? I don't know either. So about fifty people showed up Wednesday, upset over the mass layoffs that are happening under the Trump administration, with this Department of Government Efficiency. And there's been a lot of lawsuits filed over it. And those lawsuits intentionally brought about by Donald Trump. He knew they were coming. And there's a great op ed from Kim Strassel on that maybe we can get some of the details on that later. But they're outside the Tesla store and they're screaming about, well these firings. Hamilton County Prosecutor Connie Pillage was there. Well, if you've been able to draw connection between Hamilton County crimes and the prosecution of crimes here in Hamilton County with the firing of various government employees in the federal government level, Joe, because I'm struggling with that one all the time. Yeah, you think about it all the time. Yeah, right. We love spending money to send them to war, but we usually forget about them when they come home, and that's disgusting. Referring to I guess the recent firings at the Department of Veteran Affairs as an example of the cruelty of the Trump administration, the American Federal Federation of Government Employees Local thirty eight to forty Save our Services SOS of course, haha, that's the I guess, the banner under which these protests are flying said the jobscups would have a trickle down effect on services people throughout Greater Cincinnati rely on. So Connie Pillach, Hamilton County Prosecutor making a pitch to protest the firings of these federal government employees now rewind And I appreciate Joe going back to this because November twelfth, twenty twenty four, WVXU reported, after having spoken with her after the election, when she did win, she beat Melissa Powers with fifty one percent of the vote, Obviously the first time that a Democrat has taken over the prosecutor's office. Yeah, I think it was the report of ninety one years of Republicans handling the prosecutor's office here in the city of Cincinnati. The people of the city of Cincinnati kind of liked that. In Hamilton County most specifically because, well, she would the Republicans over the years have been rather tough on crime. But back then, quote, I don't see this as a political job. I'd like to see us focus on the job instead of the politics. Close Quote what do you think she forgot.
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: She said that.
Speaker 1: Picking and choosing. All right, let's see here, Mexican President Dunnas doesn't want us to invade Mexico over the cartels recently designated as terrorist organizations, And honestly, I don't feel that way either. I don't like the idea of just chucking rockets in the countries against whom we have no declaration of war. Mentioned that a million times, talk about it with the Polatano all the time. It just came up with I think Daniel Davis earlier in the week we did a deep, deep dive, but we are using drones and flying over to discover where these ventnol lambs are manufactured and you think that's a new development uner the Trump administration in preparation for war, and oh my god, you know this is an atrocity. We can't be doing this. That started under the Biden administration. Jones part of a covert program started during the Biden administration. The effort was not disclosed until this week, so it's been an ongoing thing. But fortunately, as reported and I appreciate the reporting on that one, we're sharing that information with Mexico. Now, I don't know that that gets the president of Mexico out of a lurch, because the Cartels presents this literally existential threat to the well being in the lives of the various politicians in Mexico. They kill them all the time, and it was widely speculated the President Scheinbaum actually came out and said, do not designate these folks as terrorist organizations, probably because they had threatened her. You better do something about Trump or we're gonna do something about you. It's a pretty lawless country when it comes right down to it, unless you know, you think the cartels are providing some form of structure for the citizenry there. But in fun facts on our border. Related to the situation borders are, Tom Homan pointed out earlier this week that there were only two hundred and twenty nine border patrol encounters along the entire US Mexican border within the prior day, which he pointed out was the lowest since he first joined the border patrol in nineteen eighty four. But when you review the border patrol encounters, which they've been tracking for decades and decades, apparently the numbers have not been this low since the nineteen sixties. They say, if the agents working on the border continue to encounter this a mirror two hundred and twenty nine every single day, the entire fiscal year would would ultimately be eighty three thousand, five hundred and eighty five, which again is a figure that hasn't been seen since nineteen sixty eight, when there were only sixty two thousand, six hundred and forty reported encounters along the southwest sectors. And I imagine that figure probably was actually higher. We have it's easier to track people these days with modern technology, of course, computers, and you know, we encounter them, we take a DNA sample, we give them a cell phone and a place to live, and all that. But regardless, obviously the Trove administration is making some serious product progress on the southern border, much to the chagrin of the Catholic bishops who filed the suit the other day and sadly their first round in court didn't go their way. A well, A federal money is not permanent and you're not entitled to it. Five seventeen fifty five Kacy detoxication. Feel free to call thank you, Joe summing it up quite nicely. Five point three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three Taco with tound five fifty on at and T phones hang around right back. It was LGBTQIA fifty five KRC Beat Talk Station Friday Evenings from Money Full Confirmation. It is Friday year under the five KRC Morning Show. If I went three seven eight two three talk, I personally love what Doje is doing and I'd love finding out all these illustrations of the insanity. Now while the federal workers are suing the Trump administration because they've been let go, at least some of them get a load of this one props. The Aubrey Spady of Fox News reporting there's apparently a cafeteria. Department of Interior cafeteria initially closed during the coronavirus virus pandemic. That was we were on freak out mode. Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god. So the employees in the cafeteria were told to go home. They continue to be paid. It's been closed for years now, and yet they're not going back to work, and they refuse to go back to work. It's a cafeteria. You can't do remote work. One source speaking with Fox is, you have federal workers showing up to protest President Trump's plan to make government work for the people on a federal holiday, but they refuse to show up to work when they're collecting a paycheck. Courtisying the American taxpayers. It's just nuts. Yeah, I can sum it up that way too. Department of Interior Care cafeteria closed during the coronavirus pandemic, but the lunch room remained shut down for several years because the Biden administration did not require federal employees to work in person. The photo was circulated from the twenty inhes the other Day, five years after the pandemic, the lunch room remains empty and unmanned. Which the source speaking Fox says, shows you exactly what's wrong with the mindset of far too many federal workers. They would to get paid for doing nothing. Interior Secretary Doug bergerm in the statement, he's requiring that all federal workers, federal employees returned to the office to comply with the return to work order that was issued by the president. Now, this was the idea that you know, you either return to work or you take the buyout package, which shed a deadline, and the deadline has passed. So enter lawsuits where people getting canned because they aren't doing anything on behalf of you and me and the cafeteria is just the greatest illustration of how stupid federal government is. Now, if you can remote work at home on a computer and get the work actually done, and you know, props to my wife, she's been doing that. Now since the lockdown, they're shutting down to the legal office at her business. But every single day she's down there working on contracts, on conference calls, video and otherwise every single day putting into full day's work and doing the job that is necessary for her to keep her employment. If she was a cafeteria worker, she couldn't do that from the basement of her home. And I know I'm stating the obvious. Don't man explain Thomas, but this is I'm just incensed by this. They want to continue to work from home. Someone asked me, or answer the question, how can a cafeteria employee work from home and justify the salary that you and I are still paying for them? Go ahead, Democrats defend that and those has found out that there are four point six million credit cards out in the world issued by the US government active credit card accounts, which spent thirty nine point seven billion dollars in more than ninety million transactions in the last fiscal year alone. General Service Administration Smartpay credit card system has seen what they've described in bright Bard Props to Olivia Rondo, total amount of money spent on the cards, as well as dramatic surge and the total number of transactions over the past few years. Fiscal year twenty twenty two, they spent thirty two point eight billion, a seven billion dollar jump in two years, seventy eight point five million in fiscal year twenty twenty three built million transactions. I might point out that's in billions of dollars. And now ninety million transactions for fiscal year twenty twenty four. Here's the problem. The audit found a staggering thinking about the Medicaid payments to out of state individuals here in the state of Ohio, coming in about twenty five percent. They found twelve percent of credit card purchases on government issued cards quote, may have violated the Pentagon's spending policies. These are just for Pentagon cards, by the way, Developed Veteran Affairs has them, Department of Defense has them, all these other government agencies have them. But this is in Pentagon spending eleven thousand transactions totally, more than half a million dollars made at casinos, ATMs, mobile application stores, bars, nightclubs during holidays and sporting events. The oh, we can't have dogs doing this work, folks. Oh no, no, no, there's nothing to see here. Everything's being spent and we're all just dutifully minding the dollars we steal from you, the American public five twenty six fifty five care see detalk station local stories or phone calls followed by the stack is stupid. I prefer the phone calls, but we can go either way you want. I'll be right back Channel nine first morning one A forecast's gonna get mostly sunny day to day with thirty one for a high dot eighteen overy night partly clotty skies, thirty six with partly sunny skies Tomorrow down to twenty one, clear skyes Sunday partly cloutie going up to forty four degrees. They see attempts in the fifties to start the new work week next week. Not too bad by fifteen degrees right now to give out PERCD talk station. Actually nineteen degrees. Had happy Friday. Local story is thirteen year old dead after a shooting happened in Wentton Woods last night. According to Sincinnti Police, they showed up of the scene to Dutch Colony Drive reported person down. When they got there, they found a thirteen year old who had been shot teen pronounced dead at the hospital. Local news WCPA reporting they were at the scene checking on it and they said they report more additional information when it becomes available. What a tragedy, Climon Unnedy Prosecutor Mark to call. They and Claarmont County Police chief Sheriff's Association are concerned, They say for the safety of residence conducting investigations into child predators to Calley Center press releases, come to our attention that there are various vigilante groups who've taken it upon themselves to engage in the two catchup predator style undercovers things. Calvey said, the groups have met up and confronted various individuals suspected to be predators. We had that these meetings could often or rather occur publicly. Often occur publicly rather within Claremont County, he said. While we applaud and appreciate your intent, we cannot stress enough the danger of engaging in such conduct. Prosecutor's office and law enforcement arguing that citizens are putting themselves and others at risk by endangering these engaging in these investigations. Law enforcement says that the vigilanti groups should stop participating in these investigations and instead contact the police that they believe there's speaking with a person who has sexual interest in young children. Quote from Tacolby. Please leave this work to the professionals, and please help us keep all citizens of Claremont County safe by not engaging in potentially dangerous acts or confrontations. They say, if you know of any potential criminal activity, just contact your local police department. I hate child predators. I don't know how I feel about that one, but yeah, if you do know something, it's like drop a dime. Report to your local law enforcement if you know about criminal activity, if you know someone who's committed a crime. The idea is for the public to work with law enforcement. Let them do their job. And I suppose in the final analysis, I can come down on the side of mister Chacoalabi. Go to Oxford where my fraternity, sadly I wasn't there. I went to the University of Cincinnati, so different chapter, and we actually didn't get along with the members of the Miami University chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon, who's now in trouble suspended. They are over allegations of hazing. Fox nineteen speaking with legal analysts Mary Curmbine on college campuses, there is a certain large group of people that still accepted they call it a sort of rite of passage, but the legislature has really put its foot down and really more heavily criminalizing those actions. Apparently, the hazing report indicates someone claiming to be a pledge for the fraternity told someone else he was being Hayes from multiple days during rush week. Also said he was forced into accepting a bid into the fraternity. There were forced activities included described as humane in the report which the report says a member was forced to ingest an entire can of chewing tobacco and do a handstand which made him vomit. Also said he was forced to cut off all communications with others, delete social media, and be at annexes for up to twenty four hours a day. Also had to perform what was will perform wall sits covered in baby oil and each time they slipped, they were forced to drink. Butler County Prosecutor Mike Moser, where of course university is Butler County, it has gone on record maytime saying that he is very much against hazing and he's taken it very seriously in the past. Spokesman for the university sent a statement to Fox nineteen said hazing of any kind is illegal and strictly prohibited Miami University. Miami seeks to promote a safe environment where students may participate in activities in organizations without compromise in health, safety, and welfare. Welfare. University policies hazing is defined as doing, requiring, or encouraging or or coursing another, including the victim, to do any act of initiation into any student organization or other university sanctioned organization or athletic team. Also includes any act that causes or creates a substantial risk of causing mental or physical harm to any person, including coursing and other to consume alcohol or any other drug. Geez, you know, I went to college. I think I pledged that fraternity at University of Cincinnati, at least I got pledged in fall of eighty three and was initiated in eighty four. And I look back on my time there, and I really can't think of anything that they did that I personally viewed as hazing. You got a lot of older brothers screaming at you about cleaning up and things like that. But I didn't view cleaning up as hazing, as as part of the process. Somebody's got to clean the place. Hey, welcome to the new pledge class. Here's a mop, and we may get some freshes restaurants back. Former landlord of Fish's Big Boy Real Estate Company indicated last week in corporate filings it was still in the eviction process for a bunch of the restaurants, but the company N N and RET said it's taken back possession of more than half of the locations quote twenty eight of which properties have been released to another restaurant operator with rent commencing May first. Seems to confirm acclaim by fish As last week that a Michigan based Big Boy plans to reopen dozens of its restaurants that have been shut down since they were evicted last October. Date of the filing indicates the restaurants could open it this spring. So keep your finger scrashed. We might get our Big Boys back. And let's hope that the equality of the product increases dramatically. And I think it's one of the reasons Big Boy ran into some problems. They just kind of let it slip over the years. But I have a got a soft spot in my heart for Fish's. Big Boy just brings back some good memories from when I was a kid. Five point thirty five Stack is stupid coming up. Jeff's excited about the bumper music. Jeff I got another Facebook message from him, So don't go away, folks, be right back.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KARC. The countdown is on to our Diehearten.
Speaker 1: Channel, and I says sunny skies today with a high thirty one and eighteen overnight with partly clotty skies thirty six with partly sunny skies. Tomorrow overnight low at twenty one UH, clear Sunday partly cloudy UH and high have forty four with temperatures expected to jump even further on Monday nineteen degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic friendly U see hel traffic center. You see healthy.
Speaker 5: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personoid, makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes. Expect more at uce health dot com. Highway traffic in decent shape this morning with no weather issues. High Water is starting to recede a bit, so you now have thirty two bag between Kluff and Newtown. Also, Kellogg is open again between Wilmer and Salem. Chuck Ingram Hunt fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 4: Can you play John the Fisherman?
Speaker 1: There you go, Jeff. At least one of the listeners is happy, along with Joe Strefford five two three talk Pound Fight fifty on at and T phone stifty five care se dot Com for podcasts and your iHeart media app. Time for some stupid, which on Fridays usually involves naked people. Oh look, here's one.
Speaker 6: A's this tradition.
Speaker 1: Austin, Texas woman mourning others about a man who attacked her while she was walking to her car in East Austin Cherrywood neighboring. Specifically, if you want to steer clear of itage said, it happened in the middle of the night, and the man was naked. Candice arm Brewster, speaking with local news. He came out of nowhere and he disappeared just as quickly. Oh Joe, Joe, Okay, let me see if I can get my composure back. Okay, And this Armburser went to a concert of the Moody Center earlier the month, she said, the concert let out, she started walking to her car, a little bit of a walk across I thirty five in the Cherrywood neighborhood. Quote. Whenever the crowd would go, I wouldn't maneuver myself and to stay with him, even if that meant elongated my walk. The whole way, I was pretty much with other people about ninety five percent of the time until I had a cross over into the neighborhood or my car was parked. When she got into the neighborhood, she saw someone. I saw a movement of a male figure, assuming that this guy just lived in this house and was outside, perhaps smoking a cigarette. He looked naked. Like from first glance, I thought, wow, he looks naked, but I just didn't think that could be. But I followed my gut, and my gut said, don't go that way. Well played, miss arm Broisterer. Instead of going straight, she turned, she said. Then she finally saw her car. I was steps away from a when I heard very fast running footsteps behind me. I turned, and as I turned, he was literally right on me. Right there, he grabbed my hips. I imagine if someone was trying to pull your pants off. Imagine if someone was trying to pull your pants off aggressively. That's exactly what he was doing. I was able to break free from him, I know, and because she was at a concert, Joe, she wouldn't have been able to be carrying a firearm even in the state of Texas, right, I'm sure they prohibit those in concerts. I was able to break free of them, and then I bolted running while I continued to scream, and I think that chaos created also scared him. He wasn't expecting that and he bolted in the other direction. She called nine one one, saying I was having trouble breathing. I was crying and just screaming randomly. I was shaking so bad. Austin police, of course, trying to find the man. She said, I want people to know. I want them to keep their eye I don't want them to know this happened, so they can protect themselves. If you know anything at all, you can get a lead that helps will will help find him, because we've not found him, and I want to keep others safe. She said. She hopes to start a self defense class with other women, say would know what to do if anything like this ever happened again. Of course, calls for folks with information about the purp are requested by local police there Jeez October fourth. Last year, Mountain Hope police received a complain about a woman sleeping in a truck and responded to an address on Highway sixty two. When officers arrived in the scene, they were told the woman had gotten out of the vehicle was walking eastbound into town. A number of units began initially unsuccessful hunt for the woman. One officer returned to the apartment complex and drove throughout the parking lot. He reported seeing a pickup truck with a passenger side door open and a woman standing by the door. She was said to be taking items out of the truck and throwing them on the ground. When the officer spoke to her, she said she woke up in the truck and was now cleaning it out. Items removed from the vehicle included vape packages, red bull cans, gatorade bottles, and medication packages. When she was asked if the truck belonged to her, she said no, they said. The officer said she also was disoriented and stumbling, as this tradition. Officer reported that he smelled no alcohol over this woman's person. Witness told the officer that she had been wandering around the complex and had attempted to get into her apartment. The woman indicated she was staying in one of the apartments, but had no identification while its cell phone or key to any apartment or vehicle in the area. At tempt was made to have someone let officers into the apartment, she claimed, but no one answered. The door officers scribe she began speaking with witnesses. They were told that this woman named Overmeyer had allegedly been trying to gain entry to a number of vehicles in the complex. Also moved through the parking. She would frequently lift her dress, exposing herself. Which is why I made the Friday stacker stupid because she was described by what are you doing? Partially naked. Owner of the truck in which Overmyer had been seen sleeping in was a resident of the complex. Police were able to talk with him, and he said he didn't know her and had not given her permission to be in his truck or remove the items from the vehicle. And to that point, police took her into custody and took her to the Baxter kind of detention Center, where she is said to have had difficult time understanding instructions from the jail staff as this tradition. Previously, she'd been arrested January twenty seventeen for breaking into a house wearing no clothes.
Speaker 4: Do what the hell.
Speaker 1: Recidibus by forty six fifty five KRC the talk station more stupid coming up or your phone calls. Either way, we slice said me back in just a few brief moments.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station, run a business and not if.
Speaker 1: I KR set the top station back to the stack of stupid, back to naked people in Florida.
Speaker 6: As this tradition.
Speaker 1: UH fifty two year old adult son of a Palm Beach County school board member now facing multiple charges after he was found naked at a at Florida Atlantic University. Police arrested Stephen Barbieri unclothed. He allegedly admitted to pulling a file alarm and claiming that a pending chemical attack is the calm before the storm. His words those are in quotes also till police. He wants to see people suffer. There's a whole arrested report here. I think just fast forward at the officer writes due to the reasonable suspicion of the fire alarm activation and to the detained individual. I read him as Miranda warning rights from Miranda cart And during my preliminary Miranda conversation, I asked him if he pulled the fire alarm poll station, and he said I did. When asked why he pulled a fire alarm, he stated he wanted to Okay, further stated he was going to use a chemical weapon from his portable phone charger to burn the building down, and if the building was going to burn down, he was going to watch people suffer. He made references to the building blowing up and that this incident was the call before the storm. Due to the above references of a chemical weapon and weapons of mass destruction to an occupied building, I find probable cause to charge him with violations including the following manufactured possession, sale, delivery, display, use, or attempted or threatened use of a weapon of mass destruction, false alarms for fires. Individual taken to and booked into the Palm Beach Guinty Jail without further incident. Described as son of longtime board member and former board chair Frank Barbieri Junior. Also described as a well respected attorney. Apparently, this guy has faced multiple charges over the past several years and is now the subject of a quote mental health hold close quote that was initiated rather by the University police. Fifty two years old got an award to give out Joe. Married couple been arrested on felony charges after their eight year old son suffered what they describe as permanent disfigurement when he was bound with tape from his shoulders down to his feet in an apparent disciplinary measure. According to police, Nicholas Barsett, fifty six, admitted chasing his child around their Florida home before grabbing the victim against his will. Barsett then picked up the boy and carried him into the child's bedroom. Quote The defendant held the victim down as he utilized tape to tie the child up from his shoulders down to his feet. While this was occurring, Barsett's wife, forty five, stood there look don in didn't do anything to intercede. Boy left home alone in his room, told cops that he yelled for help and attempted to stand up despite not being able to move to to the duct tape. Trying to get up, the child fell on his face, splitting his chin open. Said the victim could not brace himself for the fall due to his limbs being bound or bonded to his body by the tape. Affi David says the boy's parents later found him bleeding on the bedroom floor. Nicholas Barsett told cops he performed first day to get the bleeding to stop. The couple did not call emergency services or bring their son to a medical facility to have the laceration properly checked and closed. Court filings did not indicate how police who arrested the bar Sets learned from learn of the taping punishment, which reportedly occurred around two months ago. Both parents, copsay, confessed the respective roles in the incident after being read the Miranda rights Perios the biggest douche of the universe in all the gown There's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche dum. Good going due. Your dreams have come true. No kidding. Nicholas Barsett charged with felony chout abuse and booked into the County jail, released with a one fifteen thousand dollars bond, which seems woefully inadequate. Alex bar of Barset spent the night in County jail before she was freed on her own recognizance. Let's see here. Very quickly, using a fingerprint lifted off of a goldfish package, cops identified and arrested Demand for hitting a female family doctor manager in the face with the crackers when she confronted him about stealing from the retailer. Cops alleged that Michael Gonzalez, aka Gizmo, struck the sixty five year old victim of walking out of a Florida business with approximately fifty dollars worth of cleaning supplies and a box of goldfish crackers. Why are you doing that? Cops say. The victim approached Gonzalez as he handed the stolen goods to a passenger and a vehicle parked out front of the Golf Court store. Upon being challenged by the woman, Gonzalez, who's twenty nine, allegedly hit her in the face with the goldfish crackers, causing a small cut under her lip. Gonzalez arrested for strong arm robbery, a felony, in connection with the September twenty twenty four goldfish incident. He was in custody for a prior alleged robbery during which he stole a skateboard from a man who he punched, bit and stabbed in the face and head. Surveillance images from the Family Dollar Gonzales had served several distinctive tattoos and if you could see him, yeah, they're quite distinctive, including one between his eyes. He apparently told cops. He he admitted, yes, that was me in the photos. Through the interview. Police noted Gonza has stated that this was petty and that he should just get time served. Judge disagreed, setting his bond at thirty thousand dollars for the two pending robbery cases. Five fifty six plenty to talk about before we go with tech Friday's day've hat or coming up in six thirty. You can feel free to call in. I'd love to hear from if youve got a topic you want to talk about. I'll be right back covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 5: Every day America's deadline is over fifty five dr.
Speaker 1: Say talk station is your New Year's resolution to such it is time for you to delete the most invasive apps on your phone. He did an op ed about Chinese electric vehicles being a threat to our national security and a video showing how easy it is to install a card skimmer. Fast forward an hour Orlando's Sonza returns, We're so sad that Greg Landsman beat him, but I know he's got a future doing something. We'll find out what he's been doing since the election. His thoughts about what's going on in DC and will he be seeking an office at some point his future. Corey Bowman hops he has a future for Asmeri City of Cincinnati. He's one of three people now running. Corey who joins the program at seven thirty uh. Fast forward to eight oh five Christopher Pihorda with the book Wanted the FBI I once knew. Also get his thoughts about Cash Bettel, who just succeeded in securing the position to run the FBI. Bill O'Reilly great to have Bill on. We get his thoughts on what's going on in DC. We'll get his reaction to Mitch McConnell's saying he's not going to run for reelection. He's already eighty three and the elections not for another couple of years. Cash battel thoughts on that. And of course you can get all of Bill O'Reilly's commentary as well as his outstanding books at Bill O'Reilly dot com. So that's coming up five three seven two three Talk now is interesting analysis by Kim Straussel explaining almost it's almost a former reverse lawfair. Now, of course, you've got all these organizations suing Donald Trump because of his you know, some describe as ham fitted actions firing thousands of people of various different organizations. Some are claiming he doesn't have the legal right to do that. One of those groups shot down the other day. A couple of federal judges this week declined to stop the Trump administration from firing federal workers and doing these math at mass layoffs. Yesterday, the US District Judge Christopher Cooper shot down a request from several federal labor unions, among them the National Treasury Employees Union. They, along with other labor unions, filed a complaint in February twelfth challenging the firing of the probationary employees as well as that deferred resignation program if you recall, that offered them an opportunity to just sort of quit and take a cash payout through September. So the judge denied the request for a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: The judge ruled that the unions must person sue their challenges to the Federal Services Labor Management Relations Statute, which apparently provides for an administrative review by the Federal Labor Right Relations Authority, So no lawsuit here. I mentioned the Catholic bishops suing the Trump administration because their non governmental organization money was being withdrawn up, and they got a little upset about that. I believe, yes, it was yesterday the federal judge rejected the US Conference Catholic BIDUS bishop's request to turn back the money that's flowing. They called upon the administration to pause. They called it a rather illegal asking the federal court in Washington to issue a temporary restraining order, which US District Judge Trevor McFadden declined to do, saying, the court finds a plaintiff has not made the requisite showing and will thus deny plain its motion to extend that requests a temporary restraining order. He set a speedy schedule for the bishops to argue for a preliminary in johnction more powerful than a temporary restraining order, but that's going to require some time. So an initial sort of loss for the bishops, that lawsuit will continue. So now all these lawsuits come in, and Kimberly Strassel suggests that this is exactly what Donald Trump wants to happen, and she writes in the Journal, Trump's constitutional cleanup starts out with Franklin Delana Roosevelt fundamentally redefine the purpose of federal government, setting off an air of ever expanding Washington's scope and reach. Nearly a century later, Donald Trump's White House has taken on itself to challenge the legitimacy of some foundations of that expansion. The left calls this a constitutional crisis, how about a constitutional cleanup. The sheer volume of mister Trump's actions can make it hard to distinguish between the merely aggressive and the truly striking. In the former category of the Department of Government efficiency moves to cut the size of the federal workforce, change civil service rules, and eliminate wasteful spending. These moves are unconventional. Most presidents role with the bureaucracy that they are given, but hardly lawless. Progressive litigators may soon discover presidents have a lot of authority to manage employees and programs. It's the truly striking class that deserves Note. This is the growing list of Trump actions deliberately designed to provoke a lejudicial review of the legality of long standing Washington features. Congress spent a century creating dozens of agencies that blur the boundaries between the executive, legislative, and judicial power, while the administrative state produced thousands of rules that diverge from congressional intent. Constitutionalists have long disputed the legality of those actions, but over time even most critics succumb to the status quo. See the White House revive that fight audaciously questioning the foundations of the DC architecture is remarkable. Trump unveiled the largest of the rather the latest zinger this week, detonating what the American Actions Forum Daniel Goldbeck labeled a thermonuke de regulatory warhead. The President ordered the agency heads to scour every regulation and bit of guidance under the remit and make lists of those that violate the Constitution, exceed legislative power, go beyond the clear words of a statute, or harm the national interest. The White House is laying the groundwork to declare hundreds of rules null and void on the grounds that they were not lawful in the first place. Will it get sued, Yes, and the White House knows it. The clear hope is to build on recent Supreme Court rulings that reign in the bureaucratic state. The thermonuke, followed by a separate executive voter, taking aim at agencies that Congress created who perform executive functions administer laws, yet left free of executive control, they instead report to Congress. These congressional minions, now numbering far more than one hundred, populate Washington and many flex far bigger regulatory muscle than even cabinet departments. They include major agencies like the Federal Communications Commissions and the Securities Exchange Commission, in smaller outfits like the Election Assistance Commission and the African Development Foundation. Trump has ordered independent agencies to submit all proposed regulatory changes to the White House for review. Q freak out pair this with a separate order this week, drastically reducing the function of a handful of smaller independent agencies, as well as his recent firing of National Labor Relations Board member Gwynn Wilcox despite statutory restrictions on a president's removal authority. The White House is actively courting a law suit that will ask courts to reconsider nineteen thirty five ruling upholding independent agencies. Ms Wilcox has already sued, it's the point of doing it. It also wants clarity in Congress's nineteen seventy eight law creating Inspectors General congressional watchdogs that sit with the executive branch and conduct investigations. This is a separation of power's nightmare and issue Trump is raising with his decision to fire seventeen inspectors general his first week in office. Now the president has the undisputed power to remove inspector generals. Mister Trump flouted Congress's rule demanding he provided thirty day notice. Eight of those dismissed would have sued to be reinstated, what the White House surely expected. Watch now to see if Trump also flouts Congressional structures as the who he is as to who he is allowed to name as replacements. Another fight likely upcoming impoundment or the presidential power to decline to spend full amounts appropriated by Congress. So far, Trump is simply paused by their spending, but he has argued that a nineteen seventies law restricting a president's impoundment power is on constitutional, suggesting the administration may seek to tee up a lawsuit here too. Note that what Trump is doing is very different than Barack Obama's practice of just ignoring inconvenient laws or Joe Biden's habit of searching through dusty statutes to find some contorted rationale for a new exercise of power. This administration hope its actions will compel the judiciary to re examine the constitutional underpinnings of today's heaving federal infrastructure. Winnorless, the effort is long overdue. Vigorous debate over the powers and structure of government ought to be a feature of every administration. What should worry us isn't that Trump is doing this now, but that our drowsy political system considers it an anomaly. So keep your popcorn out. The lawsuits have been and will continue to be filed, and she's right on par on point, and Trump is right in terms of this strategy. There have been a lot of Supreme Court cases pairing back the ability of the regulatory branch that's behind the actual structure of government, the three divisions of government, the regulatory state. Hopefully we'll get the Rains Act in any regulation that costs the American public more than one hundred million dollars must be specifically approved by Congress. We got the West Virginia versus EPA case which said no, a tablespoon of water effectively is not a navigable body of water. You exceeded your regulatory authority under I think it was the Clean Water Act. There's just one after another, pairing it back and providing a constitutional slash legal challenge that Trump is intentionally inviting right now through his actions. So hopefully these efforts will bear fruit. Six sixteen fifty five KRC Detalk station stick around. Feel free to call. Maybe you got some sort of reaction to that or something else it's on your mind. I'd love to hear from you, and I'd love for you to get in touch with Zimmer. Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning three generations. They're so proud of themselves, the Zimmer family very well. I should be, because they've been taking care of folks with their HVAC needs for more than seventy five years. They've always ensured that homes are warm, efficient and throughout the greater Cincinnati area. They people turn to the experts at Zimmer all the time, and it's a great thing to do because if you need a new air condition or rather heating or air conditioning unit, they do carry or serve and or authorized carrier distributors excellent units. They are so if you're ready to enhance your homes comfort, book your appointment at go Zimmer dot com even after hours appointments. Upper right hand corner of that website, you'll see the two places to book the appointment, whether it's regular appointments or after hours appointments, or you can just simply call Chris Zimmer directly, and if you do, please give them my regards. Reach Chris at five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five to one ninety eight ninety three. Trust Zimmer HVAC to keep your home cozy and your energy bills low. Go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC Have you taken your.
Speaker 1: Six twenty one if you have kc DE talk station? Super happy, very very very happy Friday, and we're gonna run a celebratory dinner tonight. My daughter's fiance, Eric turned thirty yesterday, so happy birthday, Eric. He's a good kid. We're happy that those two are getting married. Anyway, Uh, I asked you to quip a Plague Update theme song, but it's unnecessary since I'm gonna do it anyway. Joe and we have to do the David Bowie song at that point on Fridays anyhow. But this is kind of frightening thing, and you know it's coming on the heels of COVID nineteen and all the insanity that we were that that brought about. You remember that US Department of Agriculture's Animal Plant Health Inspection Service announced earlier this week on Wednesday, that the avian flu aka H five and one has been detected in rats in California. Black rats found to have this highly contagious bird flu. Apparently they discovered in late January and Riverside County, California, which they had two recent poultry outbreaks. Makes you think the rats may have been eaten the chickens, don't know. Agency update released this week knows that did H five N one detection in a fox in North Dakota, a harbor seal in Massachusetts, a bobcat in Washington State. And here's a frightening one from my cat loving people out there. Eric domestic cats in Oregon and Montana. USDA said and Steve and all those several oppositions supporting highly pathogenic avian influenza were notified the terminations over the weekend. We were working to swiftly rectify the situation and restind those letters. Yep, USDA had removed. USDA had removed and to rehire the critical staff who worked on the avian flu area. So that was one of those perhaps ready fire aim kind of things from the Trump administration. Hey, we're firing all of you, and oh my god, by the way, maybe we're bringing you back because we still have an ever growing increasing amount of av and flu floating around out there. According to Representative Don Bacon, Republican of Nebraska, speaking with the AP, while President Trump is fulfilling his promise to shed light on waste fraud abuse, and government does needs to measure twice and cut once. Downsizing decisions must be narrowly tailored to preserve the critical missions. Which is kind of funny because I was having a conversation along these lines with my sister yesterday, who is a little miffed at just the outright wholesale firing of thousands and thousands of people, believing the administration did engage in a ready fire aim process. I'll let you draw your own conclusions on that. But we do have an overly outsized government. Let's see, since the latest outbreak of bird flu back in nineteen or in twenty twenty two, one hundred and sixty million birds have been euthanized, and since most of them were chickens, you know why your egg prices are high. And I always tried to kind of bite my tongue with the Biden administration and can connecting that to the bird or to the egg prices which went up throughout the Biden administration. Yes, they were responsible for a large measure of inflation, but they had nothing to do at least I don't believe in the conspiracy that Joe Biden unleashed bird flu on the world. But egg prices have gone up over five bucks a dozen in a lot of areas of the state. So now they deal with bird flu by killing all the birds?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Are we going to go out and just just wholesale kill literally every moving eacher now that is capable of getting bird FLUU and you know chapter two human bird flu, And from all accounts, it really isn't that severe. You get red, watery eyes, it's almost like kind of a cold. So are we gonna have a massive overreaction to this like you do with COVID? I hope not. Part of me thinks that you know if there is an effort to engage in one of these massive overreactions that the general public having been lied to about COVID nineteen, most notably the COVID vaccine, which early on we were told absolutely prevented you from getting it and spreading it. That was a lie and they knew it then. Doctor Deborah bricks On Burks, rather was a White House Coordinator Response coordinator under President Trump, admitted during a recent appearance on Piers Morgan that the government did in fact lie to us, and that early treatment would have been the key to it. Not a vaccine. They pushed the vaccine down on a whole bunch of people who were not supposed to get it. Fact, back in twenty twenty two, Jim Jordan was talking with her. He said, when the government told us the vaccination couldn't transmit COVID, was that a lie or a guess? Doctor burks, I think it was hope that the vaccine would work in that way. Hmm. Now apparently she's claiming the vaccine rollout also ignored science. She stated that the mRNA jab was developed to target those at high risk of severe illness, not specifically the general population. Quote the messenger, RNA vaccine should have been rolled out for the people that were at risk for severe disease, because that's what the vaccine was developed for, she said. She also admitted COVID shot was never designed to prevent infection. Quote. This was not what the covid vaccine was designed to do. It was not designed against infection. Well thanks for letting us know now this far back out in the game. Someone needs to send this article over to children so they quit denying heart transplants to young people who didn't get the vaccine and apparently, at least under the emissions of doctor Burke's were never intended to get it. Six twenty seven fifty five krc DE talk station pressed Degonteriers to have an awesome kitchen remodeled to your satisfaction. You want to call John Ryan, who is pressed Deesonteriers. He's been doing kitchens almost exclusively for like thirty five years. Love the kitchen he did for us, Just love it. And of course you can have anything done you want. You want to just do cabinets and countertops. Fine, kitchen design remains the same. You just get brand new cabinets and countertops. That's a job he'd do. But if you want to gut the whole thing, start from scratch and take Jonapan some of his unbelievably cool ideas to have better flow form and function for your kitchen, he'll do that for you as well. And that's what that's the route we went. Really happy we did. He's a sweet guy to work with, very intelligent. He's got a lot of great ideas and with you from the initial design to final installation. Aplus with a better business bureer. Learn more at his website Prestige one two three dot com Prestige one two three dot com five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Six thirty one. On a Friday, it is that time a week, regular listeners, No, it's Tech Friday time. Dave had it brought to you by Interest I T which is his company. And computers are what they're all about, and business computing problems and needs are the things that they deal with. And Saul, welcome back. Dave hat Or always appreciate coming on the program.
Speaker 3: Always my pleasure to be here, Brian look forward to it every week.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that too time to delete the most invasive apps on your phone, suggesting we all are invasive to some degree. You've ided the most invasive one. Let's talk about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I encourage people to go see this from solf PC magazine. Put this together based on research from a guy who does this sort of thing. And the reason why I encourage people to look at it and I'll put it in my notes with the link is they break down categories. So yeah, I agree with you, Bryan. All apps are collecting some data, and you know, all all apps need to collect a certain amount of data to perform whatever service it is they perform for you. The problem is so many of these things collect a lot more data that really has no benefit to you, but lots of benefit to these companies. As a reminder, if an app is free, an app, software platform, whatever whatever you want to call it is free, it's because you are the product, not the customers. So this guy broke this down into categories. Percent of personal data shared with third parties, percent of personal data collected for developers, advertising or marketing, percent of personal data collected for analytics, percent of personal data collected for product personalization, percent of personal data collected for app functionality and percent of personal data collected for quote other purposes unquote. Now some of these categories. You know, percent of data collected for analytics. Okay, that's understandable. They need that to figure out does the thing work? How could they improve it? You know, percent collected for product personalization. Again, that's helping you in theory, right, They're making the product more personalized to you based on that data. Data collected for app functionality. Okay, Again, it's required for the app to provide the service to you. I get it. But personal data shared with third parties is disturbing, you know, advertising, our marketing. That's how they're making their money, and as is selling it to third parties. But collected for other purposes, well, what is that?
Speaker 1: Well? I love these I love these two sentences back to back. For example, why would a calendar app need access to the health data on your phone? Why would a calculator require your list of contact? That's the nefarious elements going on behind the scene with all these apps. You give them permissions and they just go scoop everything up.
Speaker 3: Yes, because it's in their interest and that's how they're making their money. And you know in general, Brian, the less apps you have, the better off you'll be. On my Apple phone, I have some work related stuff that I need for interust and other than that and the apps that came on my phone, I have virtually nothing and almost nothing on this list except LinkedIn because I use it for work. But when you look at this list, it's all the players you and I have been talking about now for ten plus years. Number one Facebook, Slash, Messenger, and Instagram threads all meta platforms. Sixty eight point six percent of your data is shared with third parties, seventy one point four percent collected for other purposes, sixty eight point six percent collected for advertising or marketing. You know, Google makes many entries in this list. LinkedIn didn't make it at number two thirty seven point one percent, so roughly half of what the Facebook platforms are collecting. And as a reminder, Microsoft owns LinkedIn that that does not eschew any responsibility or and I'm not saying that makes them better. I just like to remind people in general, Microsoft is less in the business of selling your data and more in the business of selling you software products Like Apple right, they're in the business of selling you hardware and software and not your data. I'm not saying they don't collect it. I'm not saying they might not sell it, and I'm not saying that couldn't change, saying their business model is different than these companies like Meta the parent of Facebook, or Alphabet the patent of Google, where almost their entire business model relies on collecting your data. And then, going back to your comment, quoting from this article, you know you have apps on here like Candy Crush and Roadblocks, and Roadblocks is essentially a kids game. I mean, adults play it, but it's really a kids game Candy Crush. Now, they also are collecting a lot less data relative to some of the other Hoover type apps on here. But you know, again, why does why does a calculator need to know your location? It doesn't to just perform math functions. Right, So the big takeaway, in my opinion, Brian, people should look at this again, Google Maps, Google, Amazon, Prime Video, YouTube. There's lots of very very common apps, probably almost everyone you're listening and interfaces with. And the three takeaways I would say are less apps is better if a product, service, platform, whatever has a web based version like Facebook. Right started out as a web based thing and then they built an app for it, And frankly, it's because the app, you know, is more convenient for people in some ways, and it definitely can collect a lot more data anything that you can use through a browser. If you have a privacy friendly browser like Brave or Firefox, and you have a VPN and you lock that down, the amount of information they can collect about you is nominal at best unless you explicitly give it to them. So most of these things on here you can use a browser and then finally, you know, read the privacy label and then decide for yourself does it make sense to use an app that's collecting all this data?
Speaker 1: Make an informed decision, which is why we have you, Dave, while you're so valuable to this program on my listening audience six thirty seven will come back. We'll talk about well Chinese evs a threat to society generally speaking, Colin Electric not a threat. Family and operating since nineteen ninety nine eight Andrew Collin, his amazing team of licensed electricians, superior customer service, taking great care of you, showing up on time, doing your project to your satisfaction, leaving you with a ten year wiring warranty on any sized project they do for you. They enjoy an A plus with a better business bureau, and with good reason. I've been using Cullin for my electric worker in the house for just like more than ten years at least, and so many projects done to my satisfaction. I know it's going to be that way with you. So you're looking for an electrician. You got a job that needs to be done, maybe rewiring your whole house and getting rid of the aluminum wiring your old house, generator wiring up, or just an outlet installed, or some can lights big and small. They're the best. Call them. You'll be confident. You should be confident in doing so. I'm serious. They'll take great care of you, and I assure you. Andrew insists on that call on CEE, U, L E and Cullen Electriccincinnati dot coms where you find them online using your browser five one three two two seven four one one two fifty five KRC cyber retires answer you have KCV talk station chech Friday with Dave Hadder from the interest I find online at interest it dot com. Well, this comes as absolutely no shock to me. Chinese evs are threat to national security and privacy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big chaka, right. So this actually is an op ed I wrote that got picked up by some local papers just worrying about I mean, all modern cars are basically rolling, rolling surveillance devices.
Speaker 1: Ye, thank you.
Speaker 3: And I've talked about this before Mozilla. I encourage people to check this out on any number of things. Mozilla, the people that make the Firefox browser, have a website called Privacy Not Included. It's a valuable place to go to learn about anything you might be thinking about buying. Now, obviously they don't know everything about every product on the planet, but they have a very large catalog of things they've looked into. So, you know, any sort of Internet of Things device you might be thinking about, good place to take a look at that and to try to focus on the vendors that are making more privacy your things. And I bring that up again because they did a large expose on modern cars and the amount of information they're collecting. You know, they're full of computers, they're collecting all kinds of data and kind of like that last story we did Brian, where you know, people are these companies are collecting information in some cases for your benefit and in some cases to provide the service. In other cases, and in most cases it's for their benefit. So these modern cars, they have microphones, they have cameras, they have all kinds of sensors. They're collecting all kinds of information that I would argue to you as the owner of the car, And even that I would question, are you even really the owner of a car now? Because you can't really fix it or do anything to it. But anyway, it's kind of wild. And now when you throw into the mix, and you know, we see this over and over again. DHS has recently warned about surveillance cameras made in China if you're buying products. And I hate this because this is it's not about the people of China. It's not about not liking the Chinese people. It's all about the Chinese card.
Speaker 1: Yes, accuse you of racism because you're upset about the Chinese Commune Party whover that data.
Speaker 3: It's their government, right, it's the government. It's the problem. They're increasingly adversarial with us, and with these cars coming from China controlled by the People's Republic of China, they're full of sensors, they're collecting all kinds of data, just like the non Chinese cars. But the issue is, you know, you have an adversarial country. They have actual laws, you can look them up in China, but say, any Chinese company must turn over any information that the government wants anytime they want it. But this is so much more than the data. It's the same argument with TikTok. Yes, the data is bad. You know, once you connect your phone to the infotainment center in your car, can all of your contacts, your texts, everything off that phone, just like with TikTok, go back to China through the car manufacturer. Well, yes it could. But the more important thing is can these devices then basically be rolling surveillance tools for China. It's well documented that during the Russian Ukraine War, Russia was hacking surveillance cameras, webcams, whatever you want to call them, and then using them to target things in Ukraine because they're cheap, crappy Internet of Things, dumpster fires like so much of this stuff. Is it feasible that while you're driving around in your PRC controlled car, it's collecting surveillance that in the event of a hot war they would use against us. Yes, that is very feasible. But even worse because the car is all computerized, it's all digital, could have back doors in the software that would eventually allow them to send commands to the car and then in self driving mode, it would become a weapon. Yes, that is absolutely within the realm of possibility. They could at five o'clock on a Friday, at rush hour, decide every model of car X. Now, again this isn't exclusive to Chinese evs. Any car that has self driving mode could theoretically be hacked like this. But when you have an adversarial nation, they're you know, crashing ships over near Taiwan, They're doing all kinds of stuff. They've you know, there's it's well documented and you've had FBI DA chest says a warning about infiltration in our telecom networks, infiltration and our critical infrastructure. Could they turn these you know, these cars are very heavy, They're full of all kinds of toxic chemicals in these batteries. If a if a six thousand pound rolling missile were to suddenly accelerate to one hundred and twenty miles an hour and run into the local duke substation, What do you think would happen? So again, I yeah, I know a lot of this sounds far if fetched to people, or where to roll into like a gas refinding plant or whatever. Pick whatever local target that could cause chaos, bring the grid down, disrupt this supply chain. That's where we're at with this stuff. Now again, I'm not saying that a foreign adversary couldn't do similar things to cars that aren't coming from China, But I'm saying by buying chot cars controlled by the People's Republic of China, you literally could be putting actual surveillance devices and weapons on our streets. So yeah, we need to take a strong, long stance against this. It's just a bad idea and people should not be buying these things.
Speaker 1: I agree completely. And you know, it makes someone who doesn't like laws on the books all the time, for every little problem that we encounter, makes me think that we should not allow the Chinese Communist Party controlled countries vehicles to come into our country. For all of these reasons and so many more, it represents a security threat to the United States of America period.
Speaker 3: It really does. As crazy as that may sound to people, And you know, again, I'll link to opbed. I encourage people to go read it, share it, share it with your elected officials. I think the more people that understand this and I can do some research and see the risks for themselves, will realize while like you, I'm generally against regulation, this is such a potential threat. We just we need to not allow this.
Speaker 1: We definitely should put it to a stop. Coming up next, video shows how easy it is to install install a card skimmer. One more with Tech Friday's Dave Hatter. Thanks to interest it dot Com. Peter Shabria Ler Williams seven Hills the ultimate group of real estate agents. They provide significant value. When you retain Peter Shabia Kelorwilliams seven Hills for your buyer or seller's agent, you're getting the best in the greater Cincinnati area and their entire team knows how competitive the market is out there and they want to help you ensure that you land your dream home. So one of the programs they offer, it's called cash to Keys program. As a buyer with the Sabri Group, qualified clients can leverage that Cash to Keys program, which will allow you to make a cash offer on that home you've got your eye on, and I know you don't have a whole suitcase full of cash to make the full off payment. That's where the cash toa keys program comes in. This often leads to a lower price and better terms because sellers love cash offers. It's over and done with so quickly. This is the reason that you always get the five star experience with Peter Shabia Kellorwilliams seven Hills and you will so tap into the cash to keys program or any one of the other programs they offer at Shabri Group of Kelorwilliams seven Hills. To figure out how to do that, go to Sabri Group's website which is seven zero eight three thousand dot com. Seven zero eight three thousand dot com. You can use your search engine to search debris C J B R I S Group or call yes five one three seven zero eight three.
Speaker 4: Thousand fifty five.
Speaker 1: KRC This is Ben Bullen from stuff They if you about KRCD talk station bright time to see what Dave had it from Interest I T. They sponsored the segment and I sure appreciate them doing at interest I T dot com. For all your business computer needs UH card skimmers, there's still there's still a thing, huh, Dave.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately a R Brian. This was a story that was reported on I mean, this has happened here, it's made the local media many times, but this was a story from w x y Z and Detroit, and they have video of a guy actually placing a card skimmer in a store. It's interesting. He kind of distracts the clerk he's paying with cash, and you watch him kind of manipulate the point of sales system there. And you know, the problem with so much of this technology now is is as it wrapped up the advances, it gets smaller and more capable. And you know, in the old days, one of the red flags for a skimmer on a device would be they'd have to mess with the aperture where the card goes in, right, So sometimes it might have an overlay over it, or it would look a little different, or it would be loose. And almost all of that stuff is no longer relevant because so many of these things are basically about the size of a credit card themselves, maybe smaller. They drop them inside the device that doesn't really require any sort of manipulation of the device itself. There's no extra thing sitting over the top of it. It doesn't look funny, it's not loose. It's down inside the device. So when you put your card in there, it can read that mag stripe. So yeah, unfortunately now you know that's not always the case. But the bottom line is these continue to get smaller, they're easier to plant, and that the old school look like. I can tell you before I put my credit card in any device, I touch it, I try to move it around, is it loose? Does it feel like it's been manipulated in any way? And if so, I'm going to use a different device. But now because these things can go inside, it's much more difficult to know if there is a skill.
Speaker 1: This seems to me to be most concerning when you're using your debit card, because it's going to record your pin number and they can empty your bank account out of a moment. In a moment's notice, if you use a credit card, is my recollection of the uniform commercial code. You are only liable for fifty dollars if a fraudulent transaction is made on your card, So you can unring that bell by flagging that fraudulent transaction and having the credit card go and claw the money back, but at least your captain in terms of liability. So stealing a credit card number, you know, I've had that happen before. I've lost credit cards. He just asked for a new one. And you just look at your transaction list to see if there's any fraudulent transactions and you go on your merry way. But if you get got your pin, you're screwed.
Speaker 3: If you if you, I think there's like a time limit on that. You're right about the fifty dollars limit. I'm sure that, but I think there's a time limit in which you have to report it for that cap to kick in. But either way, yeah, I agree with what you're saying. Essentially, it's better to use a credit card than a debit card because you're letting you have less exposure. But as a societal thing, you know that money, you know that that's stolen money. Somebody's paying for it, and it's ultimately us in the end with higher prices, higher insurance costs, et cetera. And you know, bottom bottom line I think really is you know, you should still physically inspect a device before you put your card in there. I also suggest that you try to use the point of sale systems, whether it's a gas pump or in a store or whatever, in the most highly trafficked places where it's harder for them to manipulate it. You know, if you're at a gas pump right by the clerk where there's a lot of foot traffic, it's going to be harder to manipulate that than it with the one that's the furthest away and the most difficult to see, you know, same in a store, So keep that in mind. And then also things like tap to pay, which uses near field communication. Now I'm not saying there's none skimmer out there that can't read that too, Brian, I'm just saying your average skimmer is trying to read the mag strip on the back of the credit card, you know, So tap to pay, Apple, pay, Venmo, that kind of thing. Although I don't use Venmo or any of those services, they have their own set of problems and no consumer protection. You know, there are more secure ways, or go old school, which I know you're a subscriber to pay if you don't have any of these problems, good old cash.
Speaker 1: That's my default method of paying has been paying in cash. It served me well over the years. At least I think it has.
Speaker 3: Its keep you out of trouble, yeah, a lot less tracking.
Speaker 1: It keeps you out of trouble along the lines of what you're talking about, but it also keeps you out of financial trouble because if you don't have the money right, it'll prevent them from making a stupid mistake like an impulse by Oh my god, there's that perse I love so much. It's only five thousand dollars or whatever, you know, and you're not going to put another credit card bill that you won't be able to pay off at the end of the month, So period, end of story. That's it's a prudent way of going about life, at least from my perspective.
Speaker 3: And if I could just start out there real quick, I'm going to be speaking on the twenty six for the Circuit with a friend of mine, Adam Evans from Densmore Shall We're going to be talking about how to changing privacy laws are affecting it departments and just privacy in general. So eight thirty to ten, twenty six, look up the circuit. I'll post it in my notes. Hope to see some listeners there.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you doing that. Those are always very informative discussions you have there, Dave, Dave, look forward to next Friday already. Thanks for everything you do for my listeners and me, keeping us out of trouble or trying to anyway, at least by giving us the advice we can make an informed decision on all these things. And thanks to the entire crew at interest It for all you do for area businesses with their computer issues. We'll talk again next week. Have a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 3: Always my pleasure.
Speaker 1: Brian, thanks, thank you. Coming up Orlando Sons and what's he been up to since Greg Land's been beat him in the race. I'm still angry about that, but I think he's got a future. We'll find out if he's going to maybe reveal what that future might be. We'll find out what he's been doing and his thoughts on what's going on Washington, DC, Orlando's Sons. That will be next from a.
Speaker 5: Full rundown and the biggest ten lines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 6: I'm giving you a fact now, Americans should though fifty five krs the talk station this REAP.
Speaker 3: Seven five.
Speaker 1: I think you have KRCD talk station. It's Friday and a woo for Friday. Generally speaking, add an extra woohoo because you get to talk with Orlando's sons. Welcome back to Orlando Sons. I really appreciate you coming on the program to day to give us an update about what's been going on since the election.
Speaker 6: Brian, How are you great to always be on with you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. And how the wife and kids start with the most important thing in your life.
Speaker 7: They are fantastic. Look, we are headed into the springtime, which hopefully we're were clear of the Cincinnati flux of weather.
Speaker 6: But wife and kids are doing great.
Speaker 1: It'sin today. Whether it is bipolar, there's no question about it.
Speaker 6: Glad Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, and there you go. We can go back to the race against Greg Landsman. And one of the most disappointing things in the November election for me was that Greg Landsman prevailed. I just could not believe that you are such a superior person. Your background, your quality of your character, your service to our country, your experience. I thought you would have brought so much of that seat. And there we go. We got Greg Landsman, Gang of five Landsman in the role, and by all accounts he's keeping his head down and not really doing anything.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, like we always I think thoughts throughout the race, right, Brian, is that we weren't going against necessarily our opponent. We were going against the index, specifically in Hamilton County, in the city. So but we put it all out in the field. I could not have been more proud of the work that the team put in and all the volunteers and all the support. But we keep up the fight, We keep up the fight moving forward.
Speaker 1: Well, it hasn't taken the wind out of your sales, I hope are you still considering something down the road by way of elected office.
Speaker 7: Well, look, Brian, what I say is this is that for the current moment, I'm fully committed to the great work that we're doing at the Hamilton County Veteran Service Commission. Yeah, what greater honor and mission to help support and serve those who have served our country. And in Hamilton County with over forty thousand veterans, third largest county in Ohio with by veteran population, we're doing good work at the present time. I'm fully committed to it.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to hear that, And what better person to be in that role than you, who also probably served your country. West Point graduate you were, and you know your time in the service, I know is valuable to you, and you learned a lot have the knowledge and experience for that role because you understand what it is to have served your country, which is I think it's a necessary element to take that job.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's what we're seeing right in our country today is just this desperate need for a focus on not just supporting those that have served, but for supporting those that are currently serving. And so I believe I'm just as much in the fight as anyone else that's looking to again, whether it's revitalizing our military or just showing that we are a country that supports those service men and women that have sacrificed so much. It truly is an honor, not just for me, but for my wife as well as you know, Brian. She served her country proudly, and I think the future is bright for our country with the way that our military is again being prioritized.
Speaker 1: Well, see another reason you're happy you went to West Point because that's where you met her, as I met my wife in law school. Probably the best part about going to law school is I got her out of the thing. I mean, I got a law degree and I practiced. But you know there there are there are priorities. So you got that.
Speaker 6: That's just like just like me.
Speaker 7: Your wife also outranks you.
Speaker 1: I know, we have to keep it that way to that well, see we get okay, we you and I both know you experience in Hamilton County's gone blue. I mean, damn it. We lost the prosecutor's office to Connie Pillach, who was out in front of TESLA protesting to the DOJE efforts to get rid of the size and scope of government. When she promised right after being elected she's going to keep politics out of it. I guess she forgot that pledge anyway. But no recognizing what's going on. And I have seen a lot of polls. Trump's popularity story is pretty high, and people are thoroughly appalled and upset about what we are learning and how and and and the revelations about where our hard earned taxpayers have been spent. And I find it posterous that the Democrats are at their screaming, bloody murder trying to defend programs like you know, circumcisions in Mozambique or whatever. I mean, we have something that's completely out of control. These policies and programs are indefensible, and I have to imagine a lot of the Democrat voters in Hamilton County probably feel the same way. It's one of the reasons, you know, Donald Trump on his pledges when he was running for presidents to do exactly this made a lot of inroads into the Black community, the Hispanic community. Obviously, immigration had a large thing to do with that because it's impacting the black and Hispanic communities also. So do you think do you hold out any hope that we could write the ship that is Hamilton County right now down the road orlanda.
Speaker 7: Well, I'll say this is that this past selection, Brian is it was truly a turning point for our country where people from all across communities and you speak of, you know, just urban communities that have typically voted one way for decades, really saw that this was the year where we needed to write the ship. And specifically when it comes to overbloated government, the fraud, waste and abuse that we see across the entire federal government. Americans were sick and tired of it. And for those that are quote unquote upset with the way that the president the administration has been operating in trying to cut down the fraud, waste, and abuse in just his first month in office. This is what he ran on to your point, Brian, he ran on this campaign for two plus years. Everyone knew that that was his mission. He was going to do what no other president has done in the modern era, and that was actually go in there into the belly of the beast and cut whether it's deregulation or cut federal spending. I mean the things that we uncovered with the millions of dollars that have gone into programs. You mentioned some of them, but I mean Sesame Street in Iraq, a tune of twenty million dollars. You know, the waste it's created, this federal government that people were sick and tired of, that Americans were paying for, hard working taxpayers.
Speaker 6: Were paying for.
Speaker 7: So, you know, do I have sympathy for those that don't necessarily like the way that he's operating. The answer is no, because this is the way that he was running on and for the millions of voters that voted to elect him into office. We put him there the American people overwhelmingly put him there. And the thing that I will say is allow the president to do his job to literally enact the policies that he ran on. That Brian is democracy, indeed is a threat to democracy, you know, is these unelected career bureaucrats that hide behind civil servant status thinking that they answer to no one and are completely unchecked. It's not the way that our founding fathers intended. What they intended was that one person would run to get all the votes, hopefully a majority of the votes across America. They would run on platforms, they'd be able to be elected as president of the United States, choose the people by advice and consent of the Senate to carry out the mission. And that's exactly what we're seeing now.
Speaker 1: Yes we are, and it's refreshing alternative for other prior presidents, including Clinton, Obama, and Biden, who also promised to get rid of fraud, waste, and abuse in government. They're on tape, they're on record, there's YouTube videos out there with all their comments along the same lines. They promised to do the same thing, yet they didn't deliver. The government just merely got bigger and the regulatory environment just got more difficult to deal with and navigate, and had they delivered on the promises, I just kind of scratched my head and kind of wonder theoretically if the Democrats would be screaming and yelling about if their Democrat president had the efforts.
Speaker 7: Right right, I mean at the end of the day. Again, Uh, there's there's growing pains right now because it's one thing to say it on the campaign trail, and it really doesn't matter what party the presidential candidates running on. We've seen it on both sides to your point, Brian. We've seen candidates on both sides say that they would go in there and they would cut waste, they would cut fraud abuse, they would shrink the size of government. But no one's actually done it to the extent that President Trump is doing right now. He my gosh, we are He hit the one month mark yesterday of being the forty seventh president the United States, and the amount of money that we're already uncovering that are being saved for the American people. It's just astounding, and no one the only surprise that people should have is the speed at which he's doing it, and the people that he has apt to lead. These government agencies are committed to the mission that they are there to, yes, serve the best interests of the American people.
Speaker 6: But guess what.
Speaker 7: They are not there to make overbloated government bigger. They're there to shrink the size of government.
Speaker 6: And here's the.
Speaker 7: Word that you know has gotten a lot of flak these last few weeks. Efficient, to make federal government more efficient. The question that we should be asking is, for any of these agencies, whether it's the DOJ, the FBI, energy Treasury, can we operate with a more streamlined, efficient federal agency. And if the answer is yes, then we should be doing everything we can to get there exactly.
Speaker 1: And you know, that's what Elon Musk is really notably famous for. I mean, I talk to an author of a book about Elon Musk and his business practices. You know, he buys Twitter and imediately fires like eighty percent of the employees. And yet there it is as acts, it still runs, it still works, it doesn't have the limitations on free speech. Is a very wildly popular platform that apparently didn't need all those extra employees in the first place. That author also pointed out that he instructed the folks at Tesla to start literally removing every single component product in the cars until such point that they wouldn't work anymore in order to increase efficiency, weight and keep costs down. I mean, that's the point of Elon Musk being efficiency and getting rid of you know, unnecessary components.
Speaker 6: That's exactly right.
Speaker 7: And you know you mentioned layoffs. You know, that's exactly what we would expect for a company that is trying to be more efficient, it's trying to go into cost saving mode. It's so that for the end user, for the end customer, they deliver a better product, better experience at a better price.
Speaker 6: For government, what should we expect again, we.
Speaker 7: Should expect a federal government that is the size, no bigger than it needs to be in order to deliver the same efficient, productive service or product that the American citizen should expect. And so for these layoffs, you know, again we cannot say, although some do that it's cruel that we're seeing, you know, these overnight layoffs of thousands employees. Number One, in his first couple weeks, President Trump offered a incredible, never heard of deal for federal employees to essentially not go back to work and take an amazing six plus months before they can early retire and give them full benefit, full pay. I mean, that's unheard of. If he really wanted to, he would have fired those employees on January twentieth, but no, instead he offered a great buyout. If you want to retire, you don't want to stay while this ship is moved, then by all means you know you can leave and will offer you a great benefits package for these employees have been laid off in the last couple of weeks. They are probationary employees, and these employees that have entered into the federal workforce know that they are subject to a certain amount of time as a probationary employee that I don't know what the majority of people expect when they hear the term probationary, but working just in government in the past, is probationary means that you could be removed at will at any time. You serve with the pleasure of the federal government or the agency you work for, and if the federal agency or the administration views that that is not the most efficient means for federal government, then you.
Speaker 6: Could be laid off. You knew that going in and the question is that can we operate again with greater efficiency with lower workforce. It's not like we are leaving these people out to dry. Think about, Brian, the thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of jobs that are out there, whether it's in the private sector or whether it's in state government that these American hardworking, yes, hopefully hardworking American citizens now have to find ulterior employment.
Speaker 1: But they're out there.
Speaker 7: You know, we have an abundance of opportunity here. Just because they may have worked in federal government for the last eighteen months doesn't mean that there's nothing else that they can do. Hopefully they picked themselves up by the bootstrapsy as we would expect for every American. You get out there, you do hard work, it's based on merit, and you go ahead and continue to contribute to the economy and to the way of life here in America.
Speaker 1: Orlando Sanza, it's just such a pleasure hearing you and you're insightful, logical and reasonable comments. I wish you all the best, the best of health, love to you and your family and your continued success with the Hamilton County Veteran Services. I can't thank you enough. My just my love for the American veteran is well known to my listening audience, and it's wonderful to know if someone like you is there helping the veterans out of the Hamilton County Veteran Services Commissioned. So we'll be on. We'll talk again. You got some development you want to pass along to my listeners along those lines, you always have an opportunity in a form here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Brian, thanks so much, my friend, Take care, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother you two. It's seven twenty and fifty five kr SE Detalk station. You got a wood burning fireplace or free standing stove or self feeding wood waste pell stove, take advantage right now. The Chimneycare fireplace and stove helping you make sure that you ensure that your home is safe so you can enjoy the comfort without concern. And you should have a measure of concern if you haven't had your fireplace chimney inspected, most notably with the wood burners, you could have a problem there kreosode build up, but that could cause a chimney fire. It happens all the time. The lining gets cracked and then your second chimney fire because you don't have a swept, could well maybe burn your house down bad. Absolutely, so take advantage right now. They're doing a winter special from the Chimneycare Fireplace in Stove. It's a woodburning sweep and evaluation which is only one hundred and sixty nine dollars in ninety nine cents plus tax the extra. The Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove certified chimney sweeps. They can handle all elements of safety in your home whether they have a gas burner or a wood burner. But this wood burning special is really a great idea. So if it's been a while you can't remember last time, book your appointment online. It's easy to do at Chimneycare code dot com a plus with a better business feer. They've got a beautiful showroom looking at a four to thirteen Wards Corner Road. If you're looking for a fireplace censert or a free standing stove or a wood waste pellet stove, I recommend going to the website and checking out all the things they have available there. Again, you can make the appointment at the website or call and tell them. Brian said, Hi since nineteen eighty eight five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five to one three two four eight ninety six hundred fifty five. The talk station Santos Salt here's your Senna nine first warning weather forecast, not too bad, is going to get warmer, thirty one the High to day with mostly sunny skies down to eighteen overnight with partly cloudy skies Tomorrow partly sunny and thirty six for the High. Now the twenty one overnight clear skies, Sunday, partly cloudy, forty four for the High, and they're expecting temperatures in the fifties next week. Right now, it's eighteen. In time for a traffic update, Chuck from the UCL Traffic Center. You see health.
Speaker 5: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it and make sure best tomorrow possible. That's found most care for better outcomes. Expect more at you see out dot Com. Highway Traffic just beginning to build on suthbound seventy five Pabam Blackland. Still not a major time delay at all northbound seventy five or northbound fourth seventy one coming into town. Chuck ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station. He's seven point thirty fifty five gar see the talk station.
Speaker 1: There. Very happy Forriday to you, and I'd like to welcome back and congratulate running for mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Got the signatures turned in, They've all been approved. He is running for mayor. He is Corey Bowman. Corey, good to have you back on the morning show.
Speaker 8: Good to be back, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Did you get a lot of people showing up at your coffee shop to sign the petition to get you on the ballot.
Speaker 8: It was a combination of a lot of different things that brought it all together at the last minute.
Speaker 1: You have a lot of people out there on the streets working for you, I hope.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So we had We had many individuals that were just very excited about what we were doing. They were going door to door, we were going to communities, families. When it came down to it the last night, we were driving around till midnight gathering whatever we could.
Speaker 1: Well and again they've already certified. You haven't kind of Board of Elections to certified the signatures for you. And when you're out in about gathering signs to get on the ballot, and you're going to have to continue doing this. On the campaign trail, people are going to ask you questions about what you stand for, what your goals, your motivations, and your ideas are for the city. So did you hear a lot of or did you get a lot of questions along those lines when you're around circulating position.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And honestly, I I'd made a lot of those questions myself to the people a lot of times when we weren't just you know, paying somebody to get the signatures on our behalf, we were actually going out to our future voters. And so most of the people that we if we had the time to we would ask them what are the issues that are important to you? And then we would have really great discussions.
Speaker 1: What are you hearing from folks? What are the issues that are most important to them?
Speaker 8: I mean, for the most part, if you're downtown, they just say, fix the damn potholes.
Speaker 1: My god. One of my favorite pet peeves about the city of Cincinnati is just the absolute deteriorating, deteriorating nature of the infrastructure. You know, Corey, what they're like, four hundred and fifty million dollars worth of project behind. They're supposed to do X number of road miles a year and repairs, they have the money allocated for it, and for some reason or other, it never gets done. I mean, that's that's that should be a motivating factor to run for mayor in and of itself.
Speaker 8: Yeah, can you imagine from day one of being elected that that's the first thing that we actually do.
Speaker 1: That we said that we were going to do, just kind of like Donald Trump. Yeah, they can get a lot of people.
Speaker 8: It's you know, we live in a city. There is certain key issues that pertain to the residents of our city, and so yeah, there's a lot of issues that face the country as a whole, and there's a lot of broad statements that we could make, but ultimately there's real issues that people care about. And you know, if you drive over a pothole, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Whether you're a Democrat or Republican. You're tired getting.
Speaker 1: Flat exactly right, and suppost notably, those neighborhoods that seem to be overlooked, you know, for decades, it's as if they don't exist, and I don't I don't know how in that situation someone could continue to vote for the same party that hasn't served their interests for however many years we've been going on with this problem, So maybe you stand a chance. Did you get a sense of you there's a possibility for you, because you know it is the city of Cincinnati. You're not running as a Democrat, Corey, And I just wonder what your enthusiasm level is after going out and about meeting with folks out in the communities.
Speaker 8: My enthusiasm level probably was improved every day that I spoke to people. I'll be honest, I mean I had no clue whether this was the right decision or not when we first made We just knew it had to be done. And every morning I would wake up, I'll just say, you know, what are you doing, Corey? Why are you making this run? And every night I would go to bed more encouraged than not because of the conversations I had. People are very excited about what we stand for. They're very hungry for change in the city. And yes, it's gonna be an uphill battle the next eight months, but every conversation I had just gave me that extra energy that I.
Speaker 6: Needed to keep on going well.
Speaker 1: And I know your jd Vance's half brother, and that propelled you sort of the national stage. I mean, there was a lot of reporting on major media outlets that you were, in fact or you are, in fact running for the mayor city of Cincinnati. Do you feel as if it's a I mean, it's a benefit for me from a publicity standpoint, but you somehow feel maybe you're in the shadow of your vice presidential half brother.
Speaker 8: Well, like I said in my post whenever I announced it that you know, he's a great role model of mine. And when I saw the enthusiasm and the hope and the change behind you know, the inauguration weekend, that's what inspired me because our hometown can't fall behind these next four years. So we're gonna we're gonna work very hard the next eight months to go into every district, talk to every community. We're going to get the right endorsements, We're going to get the right groups behind us. But then also I think one of the biggest motivators for people to vote for us is going to be this upcoming year with the current administration.
Speaker 1: Well, certainly a lot of talking points and different ideas are welcomed by a lot of folks across political stripes. One of the things I want to ask you when we come back, Corey, is about this Connected Communities program, because a lot of folks are rebelling against it, and it's a program that was pretty much shoved down every single neighborhood in the city's throat without their input. Let's bring Corey Bowman back. He is running for mayor of the City of Cincinnati, and we'll try to be remain optimistic for him. In the meantime, I want to mention affordable imaging services because your hospital imaging department just is outrageous in terms of what it charges for any kind of given image, echo cardiograms, mri, ct scans, ultrasounds, affordable imaging services. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. So why would you pay thirty five hundred dollars at the hospital when you can get an echo cardiogram at Affordable Imaging Services for a mere five hundred dollars and not that that's not money, but a mirror compared to thirty five hundred. If you need an enhancement, it's only eight hundred. That enhancement, of course, will cost you more at the imaging department at the hospital. You'll probably pay separate for the board certified radiologist to read the image. You get that included in the low price, so five hundred dollars including the radiologist report. I like that a lot more, especially given it's a new calendar year and you got a huge chunk out of pocket liability, most notably for folks who are like under an Obamacare plan, or maybe you don't have medical insurance and that image will empty out your bank account. You have a choice. Check it out online, go to Affordable Medimaging dot Com mri CD. They're all a mere fraction same kind of equipment. It's just low overhead, so don't expect bells and whistles, just to expect a perfect image with the radiologist report that your doctor will not have any problem with. Isn't that what it's all about? So give them a call five one three seven five three eight thousand, seven five three eight thousand again online Affordable Medimaging dot Com fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: The countdown is on to our diaha.
Speaker 1: Time with the letter Channa nine first warning weather specifically, and the forward to next week. It's gonna warm up into the fifties they're saying. But between now and then, we've got today with mostly sunny skies in a high thirty one. It's going to be partly cloudy overnight, going down to eighteen thirty six under partly sunny skies. Tomorrow twenty one, the overnight low with clear skies and a partly cloudy Sunday by a forty four again segue into the fifties next week, twenty degrees. Now time for traffic from the UCL Tramfhanks Center.
Speaker 5: And you see healthy and find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes. Expect more at you see health dot com. Northbound seventy five slows a bit, buttermilk towards Kyle say, and I'm just hearing dispatches for our wreck. Northbound seventy five near the Western Hills, FIA do stathbound seventy five. That slows a bit that the Reagan Highway. Chuck ing Ram on fifty five k the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty fifty have KRCD talk station. Brian Thomas was Corey Bowman, who is officially a candidate for the mayor of the City of Cincinnati, got all the signatures been certified, and he's going to hit the ground running. You'll see him in neighborhoods. You're planning on it having town halls and things of that nature. Corey, You're willing to actually meet and talk with the people. I kind of got that impression in the last segment.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that's got to be a key thing with this campaign. We're definitely going to be doing live Q AND's on livestream most likely every week. I'm trying to fork out what the best day is for it, but then every week we're going to have to hit different areas in different districts. My goal would be to find the local key businesses in the area. You know, we had our first one of our first meetings in our downtown coffee shop and it was a great response. You know, we had a meeting in price Field Chili. So what I want to do is just find these key businesses in these districts with the business owners that are hurting and really just have these events there and hear from.
Speaker 1: People wonderful and by way of background, and I think it's important for our listeners to know you, uh, you own the King's Arms Coffee Roasters, which we've been mentioned a couple of times. You're also a pastor at the River Church in Cincinnati. I suppose being a pastor you have to regularly communicate with parishioners and spread the message and relate and connect to people. Does that is that a? Is that that served you well in your efforts thus far?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I joked around because one of the biggest things that helped me in politics, unexpectedly was ministry, and partly because you deal with people and you're dealing with people's opinions and you're talking with people, also because you care for people. But then another one is because ministry they'll cut your throat at any point in time. So that's something that I'm learning about politics as well.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Now moving over to one of the more interesting thing, and I think problematic issues for the City of Cincinnati residents is this connected Communities thing that city council pass really without any input from the various neighborhoods within the City of Cincinnati, requiring you know, changing in zoning and dense population in other words, knocking down single family homes and putting up higher volume apartments, many of which will not have any parking. I know neighborhoods like Hyde Park are worried about impacting the community. Where are these people are going to park? But it's all a design to get people on buses. And I think it's really an affront to the single family property owner to know that, you know, held next door neighbor could sell their house and next thing you know, you're living in a next to a ten to twelve unit condomenty or rather apartment complex. Where are you on connected communities? Corey?
Speaker 8: Well, when I first heard about these issues, you know, I decided we have to hear people's opinions, we have to research. So one of the first things that we did over the course to find these signatures was we went to a town hall meeting that was in bond Hill area related to this Connected communities and Sky Johnson, count Sky Johnson and Vice Mayor Kearney were there. And as we were there, I give it up for the councilmen mayor, they were kind of, you know, doing some crowd control with the very disgruntled people in the room. But a lot of people showed up and you could tell that they are very frustrated with how this has been brought to the city, and so I was going through asking people questions, and I think the biggest thing is that if you take the cover sheet on top of these connected community policies that most likely were written by chat GBT, you would sit there and say, yeah, we kind of like bringing communities together, but yeah, we like helpless in need, we like bringing business. But it's what they're trying to kind of sneak in through these policies, and what they're really trying to sneak in through.
Speaker 6: This is exactly who you're talking about.
Speaker 8: It's you know, improperly managed affordable housing policies. You're bringing in big time developers instead of small time businesses that actually want to enhance the properties and want to utilize the historic buildings that are there.
Speaker 6: And then you're exactly right.
Speaker 8: They're trying to get it to a point to where people have to take the bus, they have to be in a multi level apartment, they can't own their own home, they can't park anywhere, and this isn't right for certain communities to where the historic aspect that like park and other areas in our city that's invaluable and connected community policies like this are just going to rip that out from people.
Speaker 1: Well, and hasn't the city learned anything over the years about absentee landlords, which have been a problem and a plague on the general Greater Cincinnati area for so long. Good properties deteriorate, they're nowhere to be found. When you finally try to find them, they change the corporate structure, so you have to start all over again in terms of any litigation, and you're waging against them. I mean, you know that seems to be written on the wall or baked into the cake when you got out these outside developers building these units.
Speaker 8: Well you know when me and my wife have lived here, and well, we lived here, I've been.
Speaker 6: From here my whole life.
Speaker 8: But being downtown for four years with the Church of Business, we've had many friends have never visited Cincinnati before, and then they come in and they're blown away by the historic buildings. They're blown away by the beauty of Dayton Street and other areas that have these amazing town homes, amazing business fronts. I mean, I mean, my coffee shop is in one of these buildings. And when you bring in developers and absentee landlords and all these things, it's taking away from the beauty and the character of our city. And also, I'll be honest with you, We've been in the West End and we have many people connected to us that are small time business owners. They can only flip one property at a time or have one business location at a time, and they are hungry to utilize these spaces to better the community. But these policies took out developers any of these small businesses that really want to utilize this. And so, yeah, you have thousands of vacant properties, but it's done by the hand of the city policies.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, obviously tinkering with other people's neighborhoods and individual zoning rules. I just I mean, it's such an intrusion into that neighborhood's own rights and freedoms and ability to control their own direction that they just passed this without going to the various communities and getting input and asking if any given neighborhood was in favor of it, ever or not. Some of them are, many of them are not. Again, I turned back to Hyde Park, and I guess the idea is this is going to somehow make a housing affordable. I mean, I'm sorry, but I'm a little skeptical that any player in Hyde Park, regardless of who builds it, it's going to be affordable. Mean, lot of people love High Park. It's a beautiful neighborhood. It's safe, it's walkable, it's got a lot of businesses that you can just walk around, generally speaking. But if you build an apartment building there, the apartments are going to fetch a pretty high rent. I'm willing to bet anyone.
Speaker 8: Well, even if it does become affordable. This is a major issue in our city. Is that for the sake of affordable housing or income based housing, what's happening is that you have poorly managed policies that are really keeping those individuals. Yeah, they might be able to afford it, but they'll never be able to afford something higher in their lives because the way that they're structuring this, it's keeping people in bondage to the system.
Speaker 1: It's a great way of putting it. We can end on that note. Corey Bowman, he's got a Facebook page Corey Bowman Bowma and beautiful. You got a beautiful wife there, so congratulations on out kicking your coverage, my friend, and beutiful a beautiful family as well. You got three children, is that correct?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we have a fourth on the way to end of June early July.
Speaker 1: No, that's beautiful. Well, good luck with all that, and thanks for spending time with my listeners me. I know, and I hope that you and I will be talking a lot between now and the election, and I wish you the best of luck. Get the message out there and maybe we can transform the city to a better place for everyone.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, we're going to do it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Thank you brother. Have a great weekend seven forty eight right now if you five KCD talk station to save money and get a great experience when you're having your foreign car repaired. That's what foreign exchange is all about. They're just wonderful people. You'll enjoy the environment because they're friendly. But more fundamentally, at foreign Exchange, you get a qualified as certified Master technician working on your car. They have your manufacturer's data and access to all of the information they need to fix it. I don't care if you've got an exotic European car or in my case now a key. I tell you right, I haven't had it in there yet, but at some point it's going to go into foreign exchange for surface. I assure you or our old CRV they kept that thing running north of one hundred and fifty thousand miles, and yes, it's still out there in the world running. My son has it now. But the point is you take it there, you get a full warranty on partson service, and you have more money in your pocket than had you taken it to the dealer, and sometimes a substantial amount more in your pocket. They just don't charge as much. But it's a great opportunity for you to have your car fixed for less and be happy about it. Foreign x dot Com form the letter x dot com online again.
Speaker 6: You know me.
Speaker 1: I always recommend that west Chester locations to take the Tiersville legs off of I seventy five, go east and hang it right on Kinglin. It's just two streets, a real short jog. Foreign x dot com the number to schedule an appointment there five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. Please tell them, I said, Hi, five one three six four four twenty six twenty.
Speaker 4: Six fifty five krc bes.
Speaker 1: It's weather time. Channel nine's weather forecast tells us today we're gonna uig A thirty one it'll be sunny over night, partly cloudie in eighteen partly sunny tomorrow with a high thirty six, clear skuys every night done twenty one son Hi A forty four with partly thudy skies, and they're saying it's going to be in the fifties next week as we start the work week. To welcome refreshing change. There right down twenty degrees in time for traffic update. Chuck from the UCUT Traffic Center. You see health.
Speaker 5: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it make sure your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. There's an accident or broken down. I'm not sure which, but they're blocking the left lane northbound fourth seventy one coming on to the bridge. That's really starting to back traffic up past Grand southbound seventy five flows out of Lockland to the lateral northbound seventy five heavy from Buttermilk to Dixie. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station seven fifty three fifty five KERR CD talk station. Happy Friday to you remember looking forward to the next conversation after the top of the our news Christopher Pihoda. He is a PhD, also formerly with the FBI. Twenty five year FBI special agent retired as one of the bureau's eight most senior career executives. We're going to get his thoughts and feelings about the FBI's organizational change. He's author of the book Wanted the FBI I Once Knew, apparently described as an inside his view that tells a cautionary tale of how the FBI, once was one of the world's highest performing organizations, could fall victim to leadership atrophy, cultural erosion, complacency, and core mission distraction. Perfect timing to have Christopher on the program given the Cash Battel was confirmed in a narrow vote fifty one forty nine. Cash Betel is the FBI Director, and even Senator Mitch McConnell i think it had previously expressed some reservations voted yes. Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins, of course voted no, which we've come to expect from them. But swirling in controversy, Cash Betel got the job, and so we can keep our fingers crossed that he can. Well, we'll right the ship if I may be so bold as to say that, because I have a lot of respect for the FBI, but we've learned a lot over the Biden administration years in the Obama administration years that it does house it does somehow seem to be highly politicized. Oh yeah, and let's not overlook the Trump's first term and some of the shenanigans. We'll see what Chris has to say about that.
Speaker 1: And then Bill O'Reilly at eight thirty, we're just gonna get his general thoughts on what's happening right now with the new Trump administration in the first month. Mitch McConnell retiring, that's right, he announced the other day on his birthday. I guess he's eighty three. He will not be running for reelection in twenty twenty six. Okay, and we'll also get Bill O'Reilly's thoughts on cash Betel stick around. Christopher Pehota is coming up next.
Speaker 4: Confused happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: Not gonna be complicated, It's going to go very fast. Fifty five krz Indeed station. This report is sponsored by Wendy's eight oh five. The fifty five KRCD talk station. A very happy Friday to you. Brian Thomas, wishing everyone very happy Friday and happy as I can be to welcome with the fifty five KRC Morning Show Chris pie Hoode. And what an impressive resume Chris is got. He served as a chief executive for FBI Science and Technology Programs. In his earlier career, he was with the US government senior executive service official. Retired from the FBI after twenty five years. And I just mentioned part of the FBI Science and Technology program he was a one point director of the US government twenty four hour Global Terrorist Screening Center, also Special Agent in charge of the FBI's Buffalo, New York Field office. In his early career, he worked on programs and areas regarding counter terrorism, counterintelligence, technical programs, physical and informational security, weapons of mass destruction, intelligence collection. I could go on, we wouldn't be able to talk about his book Wanted the FBI. I once knew how to restore faith in the world's premieer long enforcement agency. Chris Pihota, Welcome to the Morning Show. It's a pleasure to have you on.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's a pleasure to be with you this morning. And thanks for the opportunity to visit with you and your audience.
Speaker 1: Oh and I'm sure they are excited to hear from you. And the name of the book I think suggests it all how to restore faith, suggesting of course that a lot of us have lost faith in the FBI. And I'm going to get your impressions where you think it went wrong. But as I observe from the notes and information, somewhere after September eleventh, that's when the problems kicked in. How do you connect September eleventh and how has the direction of the FBI deteriorated leading to you writing about this in the book Wanted the FBI. I once knew.
Speaker 6: Well after nine to eleven there are some obvious, of course, shortfalls that allowed that tragedy to happen. So the FBI made a very violent shift in its organizational operations, moving from a traditional law enforcement kind of the cops and robbers organization that it was into being a national security focused intelligence organization domestic security related function that it became. And as all things in the government do, they start with good intention and then move into other areas of mission creep and then a lack of mission focus after a while, and what we saw was certain decisions were being made that led the FBI to becoming what we what I call corporatized. There were a lot of private sector, private sector approaches, private sector ideas brought into the FBI to change its culture after nine to eleven, and the corporatized FBI moved away from the beliefs and values and practices that made the FBI legendary leading up to that point. Well, I think we threw out the baby with the bathwater.
Speaker 1: Okay, I understand, and I guess you know what I I think a traditional FBI, you know, going back to you know, the television program and busting people for you know, RICO violations, organized crime and all those complex criminal investigations. The world has changed dramatically because of the Internet and cybersecurity, and you are an expert in cyber operations and security practices. Is that part of the challenge the FBI faced in this culture shift, dealing with the realities of this wide, open and insecure systems that we have.
Speaker 6: It was definitely a challenge. Back when the Internet came online very quickly, we found that the Internet enhanced our lives, but it also made better bad guys, and it gave them better opportunities to attack people from afar, And we saw a lot of the traditional criminal activities become enhanced and unlimited by geography and other logistics that used to limit the criminal activity and effectiveness. So what we found also was that the national security threat environment changed with the Internet as well when it came to terrorism and counterintelligence activities. So the FBI had a lot of searching to do when it came to looking at how we're going to protect the American people while still upholding the constitutional freedoms that our society enjoys. And it was a difficult transition.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess it seemed to have become very politicized in you know, the the investigations of January sixth, for example, it seems to me that the entire resources of all the FBI we were turned on every single individual that happened to be in the area of the of the Capitol building during that riot. It would that have been the norm under earlier FBI times, that they would spend so much time and effort to go after those folks.
Speaker 6: No, what you saw there was the result of the last iteration of SBI leadership allowing their own personal and political views to overly influence SBI operational decision making and resource allocation. Used to be where the FBI would have been very reluctant and almost unwilling to do something like that, But we've seen that cultural decline and erosion over time where the leadership was either amenable to it or unable to resist the maybe the influence of the last administration.
Speaker 1: Well, As a lawyer, I viewed the law as the law. You know, as long as it's equally applied, it says what it is. There are crimes on the book. You go after people regardless of political stride. But is this politization that seems to have gone on, is that because of the hiring practices. Did they actually seek out and seek to hire and hire people who were of a particular political mindsets that they would embrace this kind of operation.
Speaker 6: I'm not. I don't think it's the recruitment of new people. It was the promotion of people inside the organization who showed a guess, you can call it, a likeness to the senior leadership's political views. So what you saw was all those people of like mind rising into very senior and influential positions that then pushed those ideas and practices down into the workforce.
Speaker 1: And I suppose a frontline agent who was interested in the old school idea of just finding criminals and prosecuting bad guys. They were told and instructed by their politicized seniors that you do the job that I'm telling you to do, and they probably had no say in the matter.
Speaker 6: Then, yeah, you have very little say in what you can actually do. You accept direction and order. And this is what I tried to explain this somebody the other day. If you're given an order or direction that's not illegal or unsafe, you know, causing bodily harm, I mean, you're you're obligated to do what you're told on a certain level. And I said, there's a difference between being an independent investigator versus being an insubordinate investigator. So it's a fine line you walk, and people will voice their displeasure and their disagreement, but ultimately, if it's a lawful, legal order that comes from the White House to the Attorney General, from the director of the FBI, the folks are going to grit their teeth and still do their best to you know, conduct a mission and protect the American people.
Speaker 1: And my recollection is the FBI was at least on some level involved with and sometimes inside social media suppressing speech of the certain viewpoints. Your reaction to that even happening, it seems to me to be something that should be way beyond and outside of the FBI's job to tell people what they can and cannot say on social media or direct social media companies to suppress certain types of speech or messages.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, there was no there was no place for that. I think the relationship that the FBI has with social media is a cooperative one to identify potential threats to public safety and then work with social media to you know, to to put messaging out to people on how they can remain safe and then take care of themselves, not to suppress speech, not to target certain types of speech, whether conservative or liberal, or whatever your your flavor is. But the FBI, and it's in its last iteration again, allowed its own personal at the leadership level, allowed its own personal ideas and beliefs to form some of those relationships that were to me unhealthy and took took us down a bad path toward that I would call almost you know, a certain level of censorship.
Speaker 1: Now, with Cash Mattel being confirmed as the new FBI director, your reaction to the confirmation to Cash Hotel generally, and do you think he's in a position and can sort of right the ship if I can use that term again.
Speaker 6: Sure, Well, first of all, I'd like to offer congratulations to Director Patel. I'm glad he made it through the confirmation process as he did. I saw it was a It was a pretty close vote, but these days, I think we received voting on these matters that roll along, you know, political lines, So it wasn't unexpected. As far as mister Patel's future goes, I think, you know, he's the right guy for right now. He has the confidence of the Chief Executive and the Attorney General, and I think he actually wants to be part of a foundational change of the FBI, and he wants to be part of that return of the FBI to being that trusted and dependable organization that so many people counted on for decades. And you know, he wants to return the FBI to the trust of the American people. So I think he has a good background. He understands the threat environment that the FBI will be working in with him, and I think he's got to form a senior leadership team around him to help him make some of those foundational changes. Those are one of his.
Speaker 1: First orders of business.
Speaker 6: He's got to figure out where his command and control is going to come from in the organization.
Speaker 1: What kind of reminds me of in some parallels with Pete hegseeth trying to return the military to its core mission of as I, boil it down, kill people, and break things the military ethos as opposed to DEI and expanding you know what, wolf policies and the like, and to that end, do you think that had a deleterious effect on the FBI those types of policies, the DEI and and focusing on things that seem totally unrelated to law enforcement.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely terribly damaging to the FBI. The FBI, in and its core mission set is there to protect us from national security threats and crime problems. That's what the FBI does, and they're good at it when they're allowed to do it and they're given the proper leadership environment. What we saw over the past four years was a series of distractions from the core mission set, and we also saw again the substitution of some of the senior leadership's personal political ideas and ideologies and personal preferences versus the objective, apolitical, skilled investigative work that the FBI was known for.
Speaker 1: Well, and you speak of national security threats and crime, I'm rather concerned, and of course I don't. I'm not alone in my concerns. With the last multiple years of open borders, we know of significant numbers of Chinese military age man not picking on the race of China, but we know if they're here and they got here, they probably had the approval of the Chinese Communist Party, and therein lies the challenge. We know that CCP has hacked into all kinds of our operations, both in private industry but also into the federal government. You're an expert in security matters like cyber operations and security practices. Do you view this as significant a threat? Is at least I perceive it to be, And if so, what can we possibly do about it?
Speaker 6: It is an absolutely significant threat. I mean, we have allowed a threat environment to form and intensify over the past four years like we've never seen before. And you know, the last administration had certain I think ideological or political views that they allowed this to happen and now the American people will suffer for it. The FBI has to take a look at the current threat environment. We can't be fighting the last threat, the last threatn environment like the military gets accused of fighting the last war. We can't be stuck in the last threat environment. We have to look at what we have now when it comes to international adversaries and opponents versus the internal threat that is now within our borders. You said the unchecked migration of unvetted personnel. These people have come to the United States, some seeking a better life, some looking to be here for I would say, reasons that are not good for our communities. And the FBI has to reallocate its resources, reprioritize its operations, and look at its current partnerships with other federal, state, and local law enforcement to go out and find these people and quantify the threats to our communities and keep everybody safe.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and you know, it's just I sit here and I look at my watch, going, well, it's just a moment in time away for a sleeper cell to launch its nefarious activities. And I have to I mean, I feel just as confident as I can be that part of the illegal immigration population are here for the purposes of launching nefarious operations like terrorist actions. They're just waiting for the green light.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I think you have a group of folks, you know, factions of people who may be here for something like that, but you also have factions of people who are here simply to commit crime, and they're here to damage the safety and security of our communities. The United States is a relatively soft target. These people come from hard, hard lives, and they come from rough places, and the United States has always been a fairly high trust, high security community, and they come from different places that we're not used to certain behaviors and activities, and I think we're going to find that the American people are going to be subjected to increase crime, violence, and possible, as you said, terrorism, Not to mention the national security counterintelligence espionage activities that largely go on quietly but also damage our national security and welfare.
Speaker 1: Well be up to the FBI more maybe perhaps engage in more widespread use of RICO to go after some of these criminal enterprises, like the gangs, for example. If they're coordinating efforts two or more people and further and so of a criminal activity you're in rico and that's going to subject into some serious prosecutorial possibilities there.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Absolutely, And also the you know, the administration has just designated certain international crime international gangs as terrorist organizations, which opens up another avenue for use of certain investigative and legal tools. So the FBI's got to also make sure that it's not overly concerned, which it has been, about offending people. Oh, just like other organizations, they're worried about offending people and notwith keeping the American people safe. And I think that was a mistake.
Speaker 1: Amen. Christopher Plihotel, the name of the book wanted the FBI, I once knew how to restore faith in the world, world's premier law enforcement agency, a guideline to do that. So I gotta draw from the name of the book and our conversation today. You do have at least some measure of hope and this thing can get turned around and they can get back to their core mission.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I think there are people, there are enough people with any FBI who will respond very favorably to a proper, principled leadership environment that focuses on upholding the Constitution, protecting the American people, and being the FBI of old. And there are enough people who are waiting for that environment to come back. They'll snap back into place and they're going to give the people back the FBI that we all deserve and need.
Speaker 1: Chris, I'm so happy we're able to end on a little dose of optimism at the end. There, get a copy of the book. You can get it. I put your book up at fifty five KRC dot com on my blog page so people can easily buy a copy of an all a courage them to do that. Chris, thanks for your time today, Thanks for writing the book, and I appreciate your uh well, your work for the American people throughout your entire career. That's the approaching a thirty here fifty five kr CD talks today. What a happy day it is to be listening to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Wonderful guest leading up to the final guests of the morning, and thank God for Bill O'Reilly. I cannot encourage my listeners enough to go to Bill O'Reilly dot com. Bill O'Reilly, welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. My friend, you have an unbelievably informative web page there. I want to applaud you on what you're doing. Well.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you having me in I speak to you again. You know, it's really interesting what's happened since Trump got elected in November. The American people were so angry with the Biden administration that even people who don't like Donald Trump said, look, he may not be what I think a president should be, but he's so much better than the alternative that we're going to vote for him. But the media never accepted that. Never, and so the strategy now is no matter what Trump does, he's evil. It's not wrong, it's evil. It's changed now the media strategy. So my job is basically not sheerly donald Trump. We don't do that, no, but to put it to perspective things that he does, so that people can make a decision based on reality. And that's why we're successful. On Bill O'Reilly dot com has now it's almost eight years and the thing is the most successful independent news site in the world.
Speaker 1: And that does not shock me a bit. Bill O'Reilly, and I've had you on many times over the years, and I got to ask you because I love your books and I'll encourage my listeners to read them. They are fascinating, you can't put them down kind of reads. Are we going to get another one out of you soon before we die back into politics, Bill, because I'm looking forward to the next one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. As you may know, Brian, Confronting the President's been on the New York Times bestseller list for twenty free consecutive weeks.
Speaker 6: Still there.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a phenomenal seller, as most of my books have been. In September, we have Confronting Evil and we got the cover up on Bill O'Reilly dot com. Putin's on a cover along with the Ayatollah, Halmani, Mazitung and Hitler, and inside there are about ten other evil doers that couldn't put them all on the cover. And that book is going to be very controversial, that's for sure, because you're going to learn things about Everybody thinks they know these evil doers, but you really don't know how the extent of what they did. And so we're editing that now, actually going to turn it in next week to the publisher.
Speaker 1: And going back to your comments about the mainstream media, he's evil. He's evil. This reminds me of the whole campaign that Donald Trump's a Nazi, which suggests to me that they don't understand the definition of the Nationalist Socialist Party, but during their ignorance, they cling to this notion that somehow he is an evil man. But look what he is doing, and he's brilliant in his strategy, beginning with deporting illegal immigrants, not all of them, not going in and grabbing moms who've been here for ten years. They're going after criminals, child rapists, for example. And the left and the Democrats that are out protesting this are trying to defend the indefensible. I really can't imagine any human being of any political stripe wanting a child molester in their neighborhood if that person came here illegally and could be easily ejected from our country.
Speaker 2: Here's the game. Most Americans who follow the news, and that would be about half of us, so I half the population, they don't know what the deuce is going on, right, and that's your choice, And I mean they just sort of lazy or disinterested, whatever it may be. But the people who follow the cycle understand that the Trump administration wants immigration law enforced, and the way to do that is to present to the public the danger of not enforcing it. And just as you just said, you have fourteen million people allowed in by Biden, well, ten percent of those people are going to be heinous criminals. That's ten percent of every group is evil. So that's one million, four hundred thousand, all right, that are running around causing trouble. And the problem is that when ice raids and when they go in, there are undocumented migrants who do not have a criminal record that are swept up in the raid. So, for example, they are living with the bank robber, they are living with the drug dealer. A lot of women are in this category and they have a child. Well, that woman and child, they're swept up. They're taken because they're in the residence with the dope dealer. The press cleaves that off and says, oh, look at this, this woman never did anything, and they're burtner. How dishonest is that they don't explain that the woman has a relationship with the drug dealer. So what are you supposed to do? And I could give you a hundred examples of that kind of press dishonesty, and I do on the No Spin News every day. I mean, it's what we do because we have to protect Americans from falsehoods.
Speaker 1: Well, and the other thing component, and I talk about low hanging fruit, defending the indefensible, is what the left is trying to do. When you look at, for example, some of the programs that were revealed by the Doge effort over US eight, you know, tens of millions, hundreds of millions of dollars of the American taxpayer's money going to programs that on their face are indefensible. And yet and and and the second component of that is nobody knows if the money actually went to any given program to accomplish the goal that was stated in the grant. They don't follow the reality. And it seems to me just a bunch of bribes, kickbacks, and payoffs for a bunch of organizations, either here within the country or out in the world. They're just soaking up the American taxpayers dollars.
Speaker 2: It's always been that way. Whenever American tax money leaves the United States and goes to a foreign country, we don't have any authority over it. So we don't have investigators in Gaza or in Israel or in Ukraine, to make sure that the money is spent the way it's designated. That has never existed. So Trump, that drives him nuts. That drives him absolutely crazy. And what he did was he said, look to Musk you find out the most extreme examples and our presented to the American people, and we'll try to clean this thing up to some extent.
Speaker 6: They'll never be.
Speaker 2: Able to clean it up entirely, but we'll try to get people outraged about the waste of taxpayer's dolls. That's what they're doing now. The fact that the Democrats are resisting, that works the Trump's advantage and the Republican Party's advantage because most Americans they're going, well, why aren't you supporting programs that are better? Why you want millions of dollars to go to a sesame street show in Iraq? That there's no good for anybody. If they want a sesame street show, let them put it on. Why do we have to put it pay for it?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 2: Right? So the Democratic Party at this point is fracturing, and I don't know if they're going to come back anytime soon because there's no leader. They don't have a leader, and without a leader, it's all over the place. They're actually losing ground, even in the face of Trump being so controversial.
Speaker 1: Well, and one of the things most identified he was looking at Social Security and all of the folks over the age of one hundred who are still at least on the books eligible and this remains to be seen whether checks are still going out to them, but everyone is, it seems, counting on Social Security again, regardless of political stripe. When you see that, if you just are a casual political observer, you're like, wait a second, what, there's people on the Social Security roles that are one hundred and fifty years old. How can that be? The things underwater? The CBO has been warning about it for decades. Nobody lifts a finger to try to salvage the system that so many people think that's what they're going to have to rely on in retirement. That angers a lot of people, sure, and.
Speaker 2: It should, but it's unrealistic to think that in a nation of three hundred and sixty million people that the federal government is going to be able to monitor each check entitlement check that goes out. They're never going to be able to do that. But you want to bring some kind of discipline into these agencies, and under Biden there is zero accountability. It got way out of control. The COVID stuff was insane, absolutely Okay. Trump is trying to bring in a new paradigm for these agencies where they have to apply some kind of discipline, They have to get rid of the ivy logues, they have to hire people who are going to watch the dough. Now is he going to succeed? Partially because it should. The problem is just to mammoth. But he's doing the right thing. But again, the press is so hateful toward him. They're never going to say that, They're never going to report on him fairly, and therefore many millions of Americas think the guys the devil because they don't really pay attention to what's actually happening.
Speaker 1: Well, Elon Musk said it the other day, and I have to paraphrase because I can't quote the man, but he warned of what is quite literally the existential threat posed by our national debt and deficit, and that we are going to fall apart literally and we will fall apart along with the rest of the world, who seems to rely on the American taxpayers to stay afloat. Somebody said, you know, oh, well you have this whole idea about you. Well, I'll just move to New Zealand if the Fiat currency collapsed. He said, no, that's not going to be possible because New Zealand will go down the toilet too.
Speaker 2: Sure, And you can't tax the people anymore, Brian, you can't. They're just up to their eyebrows. Yes, in paying to local, state and federal officials. I mean New York, where I live, is the highest tax state and union. We are losing hundreds of thousands of people a year moving out of here, and replacing those people are foreign nationals who are on welfare. Okay, so the people who are earning a decent buck they're leaving replaced by people who need government assistance. Now I'm generalizing, but that's the accurate picture. So the Democratic Party again doesn't seem to understand that you cannot tax people anymore than you are now. And then Bernie Sanders and these social is, Oh, the brillionaires, and that's a bunch of garbage. There are very few of those people. The bulk of the tax receipts are working class, blue collar folks. Who cannot pay anymore. So you've got to cut the waste and the massive spending, which is what Musk has been tasked to do well in.
Speaker 1: So far doing an excellent job of elevating this type of thing to the average Americans' attention and the average Americans seeing some positive in all this based upon the points you've made today here on the Morning Show. And we can only hope that the energy and the effort behind it continues to neure to our advantage. Because we go back the other direction, we're stuck. We're screwed. I mean, yeah, you may as well just pull the flag down and go hide in a hole or something. Bill O'Reilly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, the Trump administration has an opportunity. It needs to be more disciplined. I don't think that's going to happen. That's not how the president rolls, as a cre cliche goes, I would do it a little bit differently in style form. But what they're trying to do is a positive for the country. Unfortunately, many people in the country don't understand that now, but you know, we all do.
Speaker 6: We do, Brian.
Speaker 2: I mean, you do a good show every morning in Cincinnati and tell the folks what you think. I do the same thing on Bill O'Reilly dot com, and I write the books and I get the word out and then folks believe what they want to believe. But we have an opportunity here in the next forty seven months. That's what Trump has, and if he does well, then Vance will be the next president, because I don't think the Democratic Party is going to be able to recover in you know, the forty seven months that Trump has well.
Speaker 1: They're going to have to find somebody other than Gavin Newsome, the guy no backbench finished, thankfully, no backbench in the Democrat Party. Bill O'Reilly dot com book market, see what's there every single day. Become a member, you get a lot more benefits being a member of Bill O'Reilly dot com. Of Bill I'm already looking forward to September when your new book comes out, so you'll be back on the Morning show and we will talk about it after I read it, because I always read your books before we talk.
Speaker 3: I know that rule.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Brian, stay strong, Thanks.
Speaker 1: For having me my pleasure anytime, sir, have a wonderful weekend. It's coming up in the forty four or fifty five KRC, the talk station