Speaker 1: And three female followers for the Tate LaBianca murders. Nineteen seventy three, the last United States combat troops finally left South Vietnam, ending our direct military involvement in the Vietnam War officially would end in nineteen seventy five. In nineteen eighty four, this is something that is still this is still a matter of deep disconcernment for many football fans in Baltimore. I mean, they got the Ravens. They really shouldn't complain. But on this date, nineteen eighty four, in the early morning hours, under the cover of darkness, the Baltimore Colts football team left their home city, heading to Indianapolis without notifying anyone. They were just gone. All right. Birthday list real quickly, and by the way, your birthday today, here's to you. Comedian Eric Idol of Monty Python Fame is eighty two. Former British Prime Minister John Majors shares a birthday with erk Idel, and he's not nearly as funny. Basketball Hall of Famer Clyde the Glide Walt Fraser turns eighty today. Football Hall of Famer Earl Campbell is seventy. Actor Christopher Lambert sixty eight anybody else Amy Sedaris, she's kind of funny sometimes. Sixty four. El McPherson turns sixty one today. Lucy Lawless is fifty seven. Tennis Hall of Famer Jennifer Capriati, one of my favorite names in the tennis game, is forty nine. And again, if it's your birthday, I hope it's the best day possible that you could even imagine. You have to spend it with family and friends or better yet, people you love doing the things you love to do, and that is truly my wish for you. It's five forty one, a weird start to the day, and apologies again to fans of the Big Outdoors. I have no idea what happened. But again, if you miss chip Hart like I miss chip Hart, you can check out the show at seven hundred WLW dot com on the podcast page five point forty seven On a Saturday morning, man, right in the middle of the NCAA Tournament, Red's opening weekend, and we do hope for much better results than that finish on Thursday. Just very very sad. And you know what always makes me feel better in times of trouble, when I feel especially stressful, or stressed out. When I'm kind of down in the dumps. What picks me up the most on a Saturday morning, especially early on, is a visit with Mametry. And he's here now with us, the former Lynnette, the former Patricia Owens, now known simply as Mamma Tree. Good morning, mam Tree.
Speaker 2: Hello, Dolphager. Oh, somebody prayed for me. Stop me a victory.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad he prayed for me. I'm so glad Jesus came to me. I'm so glad he prayed for.
Speaker 2: Me one more time. Now, I'm so glad somebody prayed for me. He taught me be to I'm so glad I was down up. I'm so glad he pray for me.
Speaker 4: A man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's beautiful. Are these all songs that used to sing when you were a child, Dear?
Speaker 2: Oh, Darthy Norwood, her name is Norwood.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, but you know the songs, and I'm just asking where did you hear them from? Dorothy Norwood? Huh on Alexa, Yes see.
Speaker 2: I do gospel.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, I know, and I love you do gospel, Mamitrie. But I just there are songs, some songs I've never heard before. And it's not like I never listened to gospel I have. I love Christian music.
Speaker 2: Me too, but I've just heard of Darthy Norwood. I mean, you know our music. That's why I love this song. I would hear it on those gospel marathons all night on the radio, TV and Alexa. So one day asked Alexa who was and then I found her by myself.
Speaker 1: Now see you're talking to it. You keep saying Alexa, and I hear Alexa in the background.
Speaker 2: He told me. She told me it was her.
Speaker 5: She's not she.
Speaker 1: I heard her say, Alexa right, seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 2: She's a song that said I'm long. I mean you know mm hmm yeah, No, she's tell me whatever you know.
Speaker 1: The song now, Mametry, I just want to give you one kind of word of warning about Alexa. All right, all right, she's not quite the friend you think she is, because not only is Alexa listening, the people behind Alexa are listening to everything you say, they're spying on you. I just wanted you to know and be aware with this.
Speaker 2: For drug dealer and child, the trife again, him in Triffe again, but I I don't know it. So like, so you're wasting your time on this Jesus child.
Speaker 1: Amen, No, I'm not. I'm not saying that just just in case you're engaged in criminal activity, you need to watch. But really, do you want the communist Chinese or the people behind ALEXA to know everything about you?
Speaker 2: Well, my friend, I'm played to you what he turned his He had to implacause, you know, like just saying, sh ain't never done that? Before you do, I'll be talking and somebody minded, youn a, Now I say no, never never. You just come on right, No, you saying I haven't done that yet, though, but they may.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: I just just a word of warning, a word to the wise, Mama, you and I consider you to be very wise, yes, darling, all right, all right, dear well listen, I have a blessed weekend, and thank you for making me feel better because I came in this morning and I was kind of confused. I was kind of down. Things were kind of scattered around here. We didn't have any big outdoors.
Speaker 6: On the air.
Speaker 7: It's just you know, got of free end.
Speaker 1: Baby, When when things are awry, you need a stabilizing force, and you were my stable. You were my rock this morning.
Speaker 6: Mammitry oh on my.
Speaker 2: Name and I'll call you every time.
Speaker 8: Remembered.
Speaker 1: All right, baby, love you, take care.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you my new number. But if you call me, yeah, and it tells me you called, did not call you back on likes because right now it's just pressed to green. Oh call them and tap two to call back.
Speaker 1: I'm collar blond, so that really doesn't help, does it. Listen, I'll talk, I'll talk to you. I'll talk to you later. I'll talk to you later. All right, take care, Bye, It's five point fifty three.
Speaker 9: Dick's hanging you know, me, the great American and when it comes to my heart eating on the line.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Dick, Good morning, Good Jeff.
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm just peachy. Thanks, how are you?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we have a couple of things. Dave from Dayton wants to know, with that terrible opening day loss, are you still sticking by your prediction of eighty six wins you think the Reds will get it back together?
Speaker 7: Yes, I do. I do.
Speaker 1: More importantly, he wants to know if you have any thoughts or reflections on the retirement of Mike McConnell this coming Friday. You know, he's hanging it up.
Speaker 12: Oh you didn't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was always he always said I need a little pick me up.
Speaker 7: So he's retiring.
Speaker 1: Huh, Yeah, he's gone out of here.
Speaker 7: Who's going to take his place?
Speaker 13: Do you know?
Speaker 1: You know, I have no idea. In fact, they just released the April schedule and Mike's on until April fourth, which is next Friday, And everybody else has their name in a slot if they're working, but the morning slot says tb A, which means to be announced, So they're keeping it very close to the vest, even for us. I have no idea. Hmm, would you like to come in and do it?
Speaker 14: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 7: No, I couldn't be a talk show.
Speaker 6: I've just I like, Oh, my friends, I wanted to tell you.
Speaker 2: I was at the library the other day and.
Speaker 15: At the library Stephen Jewelry were row nice and she talk to me in the car and I got a nice car from him that said nice to meet you, Dick.
Speaker 7: And they've had a lot of nice sayings of it.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 6: It was one of my uh you know fans.
Speaker 1: I guess, oh really, okay, Yeah, you got a lot of nice You got a lot of fans. So, I mean, yeah, that's the one and angle of this. You're you got a lot of fans, You're very popular. You could be the next morning host on seven hundred w l W. Really, but I don't know. You should think about it in case, in case they call. I mean, when I heard media calls, you got to answer the call. Dick, right, No, I will, Okay, Well, we'll keep you in mind. Say good night, Dick.
Speaker 16: I'm thinking Gary Jeff, have a good week.
Speaker 1: Say good night, Dick.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, good night, Gary, Jeff. Right, bye bye.
Speaker 1: Seven WLW.
Speaker 12: Run a business and not thinking about podcasting. Think again, More Americans listen to podcasts than ad support you will. John Weber Wendy out there today.
Speaker 17: As temperature start off in the mid sixties, they warm to the upper seventies with mostly cloudy skies. Rain moves in tonight and lingers throughout your Sunday. But best chance for strong to severe storms will be tomorrow evening into Monday. From Severe Weather Station, I'm nine first warning Meutdrologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: Cloudy and our current temperature sixty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Our next update is at six thirty.
Speaker 12: I'm Sean Galviager News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 1: Into the first official hour, the Saturday Morning Edition for this Saturday, March twenty ninth, twenty twenty five. I'm Gary Jeff Walker. Lisa thinks, let me check, yep and day it's the Saturday Morning Edition. It's great to be with you. Seven minutes after the hour. As we get things going this morning, how about a visit with Dave from Harrison in Destin, Florida. Take away the trees, all right, it's vacation for the dad joke guy. Let's see how things are going.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Davey, Good morning, Yeah.
Speaker 19: In there?
Speaker 1: Do it fine? Are are you at the beach right now?
Speaker 19: Yes, sir?
Speaker 15: On location in the dam.
Speaker 1: I can every once in a while I can hear the rush of the waves, the roar of the Great Ocean, the Gulf of America. That's where you are right now, right yees, yeah, definitely. And now now listen. You you been to Destin before, In fact, you've called me from Destin before on this program in this particular slot. Are things different now that it's not called the Gulf of Mexico, and it's called the Gulf of America. Have you noticed any changes?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm pretty sure that the crane you know that stand on one leg, I'm pretty sure they're standing on the other leg.
Speaker 1: Now I see and uh.
Speaker 8: And there seems to.
Speaker 12: Be uh less.
Speaker 8: More American less non American.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the whole the whole hemisphere is technically America. There's North America, there's Central America, there's South America. So the Gulf of America makes perfect sense. There you go, Hey, Dave, yep, Dave, Why does it? Why does a pitcher raise one leg when he throws?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Because if he raised two legs, he'd fall down?
Speaker 8: There you go, ya fell down in the night.
Speaker 1: Why aren't the red selling beer at today's game?
Speaker 8: Oh, Jared, Jeff at the terrible, terrible.
Speaker 1: Thing they lost the You got any stupid ones for me?
Speaker 8: Well, what's a good name for a guy that climbs the mountains and like repel down him?
Speaker 1: What do you mean, what's a good name? It's mountain climber.
Speaker 6: What would be a good name.
Speaker 1: Mountain climber, climber, repeller? I mean, I don't know that one.
Speaker 20: How about Cliff, do you think maybe how about how about somebody the other day they were buried up to their necks here down here?
Speaker 7: What would you call them?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Dave, what would you call someone buried up to their neck?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 8: Sandy?
Speaker 13: And uh?
Speaker 8: I don't know if he'sawne but uh and I we saw a really good documentary on.
Speaker 1: Beavers, on what and on beavers?
Speaker 6: It was a beaver documentary?
Speaker 1: Was on Netflix? Or where'd you see this?
Speaker 20: I can't remember the channel, but I mean, I'm here to tell you there was the best damn movie I've ever say.
Speaker 21: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to you are irregular programming.
Speaker 11: The mountain gorilla is an endangered species found mostly in the Varunga Mountains in the heart of Africa. These gentle giants have amazing strength and are also intelligent creatures with a complex primate vocabulary. They make and use tools, and they're dedicated fans of the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 12: Bill Cunningham. You'll go right Monday at twelve noon on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: Sometimes I struggle to get to sleep.
Speaker 1: My body stop for the day. Thank you, Steven. He can't do that anymore. Sad It's takes thirteen on a Saturday morning, Gary Jeff with you on seven hundred WLW. And't wait a minute before we get to Radio Rick. Somebody named Aaron has a dad joke trying to ride on Dave's coat tails. Aaron, Good morning, Aaron, I hear you, now, what's the dad joke?
Speaker 19: Erin I left the house this morning throwing the NASCAR hot You know I got his name.
Speaker 7: How two guys be nice cars? I said, Man, you got a real Nascar.
Speaker 12: Jeez.
Speaker 1: You you work on that act. You work on that act a little bit. Aeron Okay, one of these days you'll be up there in the stratosphere with Dave from Harrison send him to Seacott, Neil Salvador Old Radio Rick, good morning, how are you doing?
Speaker 7: Thanks for the lead?
Speaker 1: In no doubt, what a great introduction.
Speaker 22: It can only go up from here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's what they said right before the bomb exploded. Can only go up from here.
Speaker 22: So I told Leam, it's like the day can only get better, right His response was priceless anyway, with a shout out to Steve from Franklin, Indiana. By the way, apparently everybody I know in the radio world is named Steve. Just a weird thing.
Speaker 1: You're coming to five, And what you don't understand is that I am changing my name to Steve.
Speaker 22: Steve carry Jeff.
Speaker 1: I haven't decided on the middle name or the connector name yet. I don't know what would be good Stevie, Sue Jny. You're we're coming in five by five on what device? Sir?
Speaker 22: Sorry, I'm totally derailed now.
Speaker 19: Who looks squirrel.
Speaker 22: With a lot of antenta?
Speaker 7: Help?
Speaker 22: This is a nineteen forty nine Arvin Over five zero TL for those of you playing at home in his n AM radio. It is a five tube All American five, which was a nickname for a standard design that minimized parts, minimized patent costs, and utilized the common set of five minuture tubes. The cabinet is actually bake light that's been painted in ivory color, which bake light does not take paint well, and unfortunately this port roll shows it. But the patina is attractive. It makes it look like it's age. I guess, has a very nice large dial on the front. It's quite prominent, and internal loop antenna and even a dial lamp which may not sound like much, but right around nineteen fifty stuff was being made pretty cheap and this was a nicer set. And Arvid radios were made by the Noblitz Sparks Company, which was actually an Indianapolis company. They were found in the nineteen twenties focusing on making car heaters because they weren't stock with cars in the nineteen twenties. And they're still in business today, over one hundred years later, still focusing on auto parts. And I think they're located down in Columbus, Indiana, comb Yeah, just south of India, but yeah, So anyways, this radio sold in nineteen forty nine for nineteen ninety five, which is about two hundred and sixty five bucks today. But hey, let's go to the catalog, shall we.
Speaker 1: Let's shell this.
Speaker 22: Is actually from a nineteen forty nine ad in the Saturday evening post the Arvin Model five excuse me four fifty t five tube masterpiece, world's finest five tube performance ac DC super hit with five tubes including rectifier. The only thing I can't figure out how many tubes this thing has? No, I mean maybe, I mean later smartest modern styling. Okay, Oh, and the part that I love in one ad, one little blurb, it's a three level bait and switch nineteen ninety five for walnut only. By the way, that's just bake light in the standard color. Nobody's going to look at it is that wall. No, that's that would be black. But anyways, then in Ivory for twenty one ninety five, okay, you.
Speaker 1: Paid more for the paint that doesn't stay on the bagline right, exactly correct?
Speaker 22: And then benn, it says the model for fifty one t in sandalwood, willow green or ebony with edge lighted loose sight dial and matching knobs, an exquisite jewel of a personal radio twenty four ninety five. Yeah, so for an additional twenty percent, the dial will light up a little bit brighter and the cabinet will be painted a different color. All right, whatever, and it says, matching knobs, assume the cheaper models. The left one's black, the right one's green.
Speaker 1: Are there are there just totally different sizes?
Speaker 7: I don't know, matching those that went off my washing machine.
Speaker 1: Like I'm looking at a National geographic from nineteen sixty four. Those were the nights matching up. Okay, left handed? Yeah, she left handed. I don't know what any of this means. Oh that's great. So yeah, I've heard of the Arvin radios. How long did they make radios? Rick, do you know?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 22: Actually, in it was nineteen thirty four when they started making car radios. Excuse me, nineteen thirty three when they started making car radios. In nineteen thirty four they started making home radios. And I think they were still making them up to the sixties. I don't think they. I think they phased out before the seventies. What they didn't do was end up being like either well, for example, Crosley or Filco, where the name was resurrected. And you can tell the difference between a real one and in a repro because the repros have a trademark or a copyright symboled next to the name. But I don't think Arvin ever did that or ever sold her name out to that, so they were. They also made a lot of radios in the thirties and forties for sears. They didn't sell them all under their own name.
Speaker 1: Okay. I do remember at one point or another seeing an Arvin radio. Saw the name Arvin on a radio at certain point, and I don't know if that was a fifties model or a sixties model.
Speaker 22: But yeah, they were also big into some of the very small and very affordable but very neat novelty radios. I restored a few years back a hop Along Cassidy version radio about the size of my fist, four tubes metal case and had top along brought on speaker grille, and the antenna wire hanging up the back was actually made to look like a a lariat, you know, the little lasso used very bad. And then the series had a version where the pointer for the for the tuner was a little plastic gun. Nice fun stuff.
Speaker 1: Nice. I'm sure that there's some anti Second Amendment wanting to ban that radio if they saw the what's in the shape, it's in the shape of a gun. It might kill somebody or inspire somebody to kill their radio, and.
Speaker 22: Then they find out how much they can sell it for they they met back off of that opinion exactly.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to know more old radio Rick at gmail dot com.
Speaker 12: When do you like to listen to Scott's Loan?
Speaker 6: I love to listen to Slooney when I'm at my cubicle because I couldn't care less about my job.
Speaker 1: If I see someone smiling at work, I instantly know they're listening to Sloaney because everyone else looks like they're on prison work details. I listened to Sloaney when I was in prison.
Speaker 23: Did you really a bunch of us would drink the hooch we made in our toilets and have a sloony party?
Speaker 12: Slooney and toilet booze might be fun. Scott's Loan Cloney Yes, toilet drinks no.
Speaker 24: Monday morning at nine on seven hundred WLW and check out his podcast on the free iHeartRadio ad Now.
Speaker 25: At the time to buy your new vehicle at carry Automotive dot com. Whether you're in the market for a Toyota, for Buick, GMC, chat, Nissan, Marsa, VW or Hundai, the place to shop is Kerry Automotive just twenty minutes from anywhere. Kerrie Automotive dot Com. We are right by you now we're participating locations. It's UDF's new Sicilian style pizza. We serve it on our family recipe Forcacha crust, handcrafted in our bakery, and right now get it every.
Speaker 12: Wendy out there today.
Speaker 17: As temperature start off in the mid sixties, they warmed to the upper seventies with mostly cloudy skies. Rain moves in tonight and lingers throughout your Sunday. But best chance for strong to severe storms will be tomorrow evening into Monday. From Severe Weather Station, I'm nine first Warning metadrologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW seven one hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Sport Liam Tomlinson Take it Away.
Speaker 26: Elite eight matchups are set after last night's Sweet sixteen games. Houston b produced sixty two to sixty things to a Milan Uzan buzzer beater. UK fell to Tennessee seventy eight to sixty five, Michigan State defeated Ole Miss seventy three to seventy. Auburn dominated Michigan seventy eight sixty five. Tonight's Elite eight matchups Duke in Alabama's square off and the late nightcap tonight. In the first game, it is Florida Firs, Texas Tech SC Cincinnati is on the road in Nashville. Pregame coverage begins at eight kickoff except for eight thirty. You can catch all that action on ESPN fifteen thirty. The Reds Game two versus the Giants Kids Opening Day, first pitch up four to ten. Pregame coverage at three ten. Furlander on the mound for the Giants, So Dolo on the mound for the Reds.
Speaker 12: You can call it.
Speaker 26: Catch all that action right here on the Home of the Red seven hundred BLW.
Speaker 1: Thank you er. And now we have Daniel in a cyber truck. Daniel, what's going on this morning?
Speaker 16: Thank you guys, thoughts bawling, Yeah, you guys calling and give you guys an updates. Okay, things are going on.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, things are just fine. What is a cyber truck?
Speaker 16: So last year we started a business in Dayton. It's called cyber Cream Dayton for an ice cream truck that happens to be a cyber truck. And we were having a great year. We had over fifty events booked. We were doing events for local cities, you know, ice cream events, things, kids.
Speaker 1: It's going great.
Speaker 16: In July, a teacher, kindergarten teacher from out of state, came in and smashed all of our windows out. She went up and down the street, messing with other people's houses. She was calling everybody Nazi Germany.
Speaker 1: Why would she do this, Daniel.
Speaker 16: My personal opinion, I think she was on drugs. She had two kids in the back of the car. But apparently it was something smoldering in our country. You know there's people out there that had these feelings back in July.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well here's the problem. I think calling anybody a Nazi for purely political reasons really lessens the pain that the Nazis actually caused in nineteen thirties Germany and that started the the Second World War. And the people that are accusing other people of Nazis and then drawing swastickers huh on other people's property are probably closer to the real Nazis than the one that they're accusing of. But I wish you blessings and good luck getting things back together. Thank you for calling and checking in. Hey, this is linking Kennedy Here's what's trending on the Iheartsports.
Speaker 12: Network presented by Mercedes Benz.
Speaker 27: The Reds continue their season opening series against the Giants. After d Nick Ldolo goes for Cincinnati I guess Justin Verlander. Cavs fall to the Pistons despite thirty eight points from Donovan Mitchell on the ice of blue Jackets edge the Canucks and a shootout. Boone Jenner netted a pair of goals. Michigan State tops Oll Vice, Tennessee beats Kentucky, Auburn Knox off Michigan, and Houston edges Purdue to wrap up the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 12: I'm frey betdter bad.
Speaker 21: Feeling of owning your first Mercedes Benz is hard to believe, but it's real.
Speaker 1: From the leather stitching to the iconic design.
Speaker 17: Every it will be windy and that helps warm us to the upper seven despite mostly cloudy skies. Ray moves in late this evening into the overnight hours. Spotty throughout your Sunday with strong to severe storms tomorrow night into Monday.
Speaker 1: From a severe weather station.
Speaker 17: I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Radar is showing just some light spotty showers to the south and west around Sanders and VV sixty four degrees. Right now, I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at seven o'clock on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: News twenty four hours a day. He was Radio seven hundred w l W. Let's travel, shall we I'm toasting you.
Speaker 28: Sit honey, we may meet through and you'll never care me complainest friends, and.
Speaker 12: No lights were whiskey round land of Bear.
Speaker 1: James, I'm blue? What is jaseas blues away this morning? Huh by?
Speaker 12: Hendn't he?
Speaker 1: East on fifty two out of Cincinnati, down along the beautiful Ohio River. Gorgeous country lane, that is that two lane highway through Hamilton and Claremont, and how now Brown County and the lovely village of Ripley, Ohio. To Main Street. We go to Brookie Saloon where the gang is waiting with baited breath. Good morning, Good morning. Oh did a little slow on the uptake there? You okay?
Speaker 7: We think?
Speaker 1: So okay?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh so, so Jack's off this week?
Speaker 15: Oh no, he's here, but boy he's not very perky.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Last last week Jack was in good vocal form.
Speaker 19: He was we'll maybe started here in a little bit.
Speaker 6: He just sat there in the barstool, will not move.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, Darrenny, you know it's not good to let the dog drink to the point he's got a hangover on Saturday morning. This is not a good thing. Does Jack I've never asked you. Does Jack drink beer or anything else?
Speaker 7: That beer in our house?
Speaker 1: That's the drink. Oh okay, who drank it all.
Speaker 19: There?
Speaker 1: That's right. Throw the girlfriend under the bus, that's wonderful. So anything anything going on in Brown County tonight?
Speaker 22: Oh yeah, hey, local band shuffles at eight o'clock.
Speaker 6: Of course they play local music.
Speaker 1: What what what's that? What's the name of the band again? I didn't you kind of broke up.
Speaker 22: Shuffle Shuffle is the name of the band, and.
Speaker 1: They play local music? What what exactly is local music?
Speaker 12: Explain that to me, well other local artists.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, it's local music, that's all. I mean, there's nothing there.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just it's just songs about Ripley and uh lower La and uh lower Aberdeen. And you do they do they play any Georgetown music from time to time or anything from Felicity or is it just local music as in Ripley.
Speaker 6: Well, as they say in the weather forecast, it's aerial music.
Speaker 1: Like flooding and the Queen of Hearts next Wednesday, The Queen of Hearts next.
Speaker 22: Oh, it'll be well over one hundred and eighty thousand dollars. It was already all read aloud, probably.
Speaker 7: Hundred.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to have to get off work on a Wednesday so I can creep down there and see it. Fight didn't get dinner if you get down here? Yeah, yeah, that's right. Well, as long as the cook isn't in jail, I guess I could thank you so much.
Speaker 29: He said he needs bartenders to come down and gets bartenders.
Speaker 1: You know, And that's something that I would I would welcome doing. As long as I'm not taking money out of anybody else's pocket, I'd be glad to come down and do that sometime. That'd be fun.
Speaker 12: You ain't taking no money out of pocket.
Speaker 6: They don't even show up.
Speaker 20: Is it still?
Speaker 14: See now?
Speaker 1: I thought that we're entering America's golden age. Everybody's going back to work, none of this, uh you know, staying at home, and I so is that not happening?
Speaker 6: Darren?
Speaker 1: As a business owner. Can you not get people to show up to work?
Speaker 17: You just I don't know what it is.
Speaker 6: They used to fight over Friday nights and Saturday nights.
Speaker 19: Now I beg them to come in.
Speaker 6: I don't know where they get their money for him.
Speaker 1: That's a darn shame. Well, a federal appeals court judge yesterday said that those can start blocking that money for USAID. So we're gonna have a lot less money for lesbian frogs and for bartenders who won't work. Now they're going out through the federal government. So I think there's hope on the horizon.
Speaker 29: Brother.
Speaker 1: Hello, all right, all right, you guys have a good weekend. It's six forty and we're waiting for Steve for met in Ohio. Who's got his weekly commentary, pissyphone calling, new Who's of the week, and mere moments.
Speaker 24: Seven hundred WLW Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station make us the number one pre set on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app. Listen for all your music, radio and podcast free never sounded so good. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 28: New treatments for joint pain are here. Now you've heard about regenerative medicine. If you're wondering if you're a good candidate, answer these questions. First, disner storms.
Speaker 1: Move in overnight, ending by early afternoon on Sunday, and then more showers and storms another round, and some could be severe on Sunday evening into Monday, So keep an eye out there. It is sixty six right now at seven hundred WLW. Here's Liam Toallinson's seven.
Speaker 12: One hundred a WLW.
Speaker 1: Sports go ahead, my man.
Speaker 26: FC Cincinnati is on the road to Nashville tonight kickoff. Except for eight thirty pregame coverage, it begins at eight. You can catch all that action on ESPN fifteen thirty. The Reds are back in after for kids. Opening today first pitch for ten. Pregame coverage begins at three to ten. Right here on the Home of the Red seven hundred WLW DraftKings presents.
Speaker 12: A message on responsible games.
Speaker 30: If you're going to play the gamble, you gotta learn to play right.
Speaker 12: Whatever you're waging, sometimes you got the whole of them. There are no locks or short things, no when to fold, and if you feel like you're ready for a break, oh when to walfully. Remember it's more fun when it's for funds, well said man Well six. At DraftKings, we believe it's more fun when it's for fun, and we wanted to stay that way. We provide customers with helpful tools.
Speaker 31: So they can set budgets, limits and cool off periods, and we encourage all customers to use these tools so played responsively.
Speaker 12: Draft Kings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight Hope and Y or Tex Hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven orbit a CCPG dot or on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resort, Kansas twenty one plus ah and Eligibility varies by jurisdiction.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's mot Wagger with my guy six forty five on a Saturday morning. The Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, March twenty ninth, twenty twenty five, Gary Champ with Young seven hundred wlw Good morning christ to two point zero. Nice to know you're there, Ben, and you know and the thing is on Saturday mornings. If you've listened for a long time, you know that up to well February fourteenth. Before that, on a Saturday, I would say a load to my wife when she text me and said good morning, my love, and I would text her back, and then I'd say hi to her, and I would say hi in addition to Brooksy the cat dog, and I just I missed that. Of course, we lost Brooksy a while back, but working on getting another little one.
Speaker 5: But I just.
Speaker 1: Because Krista would always tell me as soon as I mentioned his name, he would he would just look at the radio. He knew I was talking to him. Anyway, let us move on. My friend Steve from Aton, Ohio is here with his usual dose of common sense, some comedy, some history, and U a pithyphone call. Good morning, Steve, how are you.
Speaker 29: Good morning, sir. We have a theme today. Yes, our glass is half full, theirs is empty. Here's the positive side of that coin. Doctor J. Buddicaria is the nominee for head of the National Institutes of Health. This is a slap in the face of the soup Nazis during COVID, who said no job for you today to any real scientist who dared to challenge the doctor mangle inspired jabs. Doctor j was one of them. He was vilified, slandered, ostracized, and canceled in the faux scientific community. Turns out he was right, and a lot of those folks I'm quite young who got the jabs are either dead or permanently disabled as a result. Here's what doctor J. Bodicaria, Stanford University physician and healthcare economist, said at his Senate hearing about research. Dissent is the very essence of science that just about says it all but not quite. You see, sport is the reflection of the culture at large, and occasionally someone in sport recognizes that. This week, he was Bruce Pearl, the head basketball coach at one of the first four picks in the NCAA Tournament, speaking at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky, after Auburn's latest victory, he immediately addressed not March madness, but October seventh madness when he asked for prayers for Israeli American hostage Eden Alexander, held by the savages known as Hamas. It was one of his Auburn Tiger players who ask.
Speaker 7: Him to do that.
Speaker 29: Seems that if it seems that many if not all the Auburn players are unapologetically religious. Thank you Bruce for adding that his fellow Jews in America have been too long silent and have not called out evil loud enough. I've often wondered lately if the Democrats Socialists aren't a cult. Members are zombies with no personal views except as supplied by the puppet masters. They marched in unison, devoid of personal convictions because they have none absent the group. They are thoughtless who have found leaders to do their thinking for them, and they are punished severely for deviation. Read that RFK Junior, Tulca Gabbard, and some more famous former Democrats Ronald Reagan, Donald Trump, and Elon Musk. Let's take a look at Jasmine Crockett, who represents the congressional district in the Dallas area. Desperate to establish herself as queen of the Mountain among the homicidal maniacs and terrorist supporters in the Democrat Party, she is quickly outdoing aoc Rashida to leave and elon Omar. Crockett recently echoed California's mad Max Waters when she called for the removal by any means necessary of her Texas colleague Senator Ted Cruz. She calls the Texas Chief Executive Greg Abbott governor hot wheels, a reference to his use of a wheelchair that comment. The same week, National Public TV is saluting the Americans with Disabilities Act in the Biden mode, and of course the Yogi bearra of barristers. Crockett says, quote entering the US illegally is not illegal, She must have been on Biden's short list of Supreme Court nominees. She calls Trump a vindictive, vile villain, to which I add victorious. As Obama once said, elections have consequences. My goodness, how times have changed. On May Day twenty eight, a prominent socialist Democrat said, if they've committed a crime, deport them, no questions asked, They're gone. If you're working in law barding, here are the conditions for you to be staying. You have to pay a stiff fine because you came here illegally. You have to pay back taxes, and you have to learn English, and you have to get in line, so said Hillary Rodham Clinton, We've come a long way, baby. As for the so called group chat controversy, Democrats will have standing on that issue when they get those classified documents out of Joe Biden's garage and expel from the party Eric Swalwell, who got caught sleeping with the enemy Chinese spy Christine Fang while Eric served on the House Intelligence Committee. People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones or use classified documents as wallpaper. I'm just saying, God bless you, Bruce Pearl, and I am rooting for Auburn. Take care of yourself.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. He's brilliant, absolutely brief. I'm glad he said it so I could I could spare myself from saying the truth. And that's you know, it just cuts right to the point. Ray and lovelin, My brother, how are you doing this morning?
Speaker 15: Good morning, Gary, Jeff Walker, my friend, fantastic and you know, Bruce Pearl just as weird as life is. My wife and I were lucky enough to meet him at a nice business meeting about ten years ago in Chicago. I met him for the first time and only time, talked to him for maybe five minutes, and a week later at our house is a handwritten note to us from him. I was like, my gosh, this guy's amazing. About that yeah, I would say a hearty hardy Amen. Listen, Gary Jeff, I know I'm going to squeeze this in if I may please just a thought. There's there's quite a success formula at the world class WLW.
Speaker 22: Airways, and that is this.
Speaker 15: You know, we had a seasoned pro come into the morning slot years ago, mister Jim Scott, and was by all accounts very successful and renowned, absolutely, and he decided to retire. And then there was another seasoned pro, known personality, successful slides into the slot, and now he's retiring. I wonder if there's somebody else out there. It's a known personality, very successful and successful at the morning time slot already for multiple decades.
Speaker 6: I'm throwing.
Speaker 15: I'm throwing the name of one Gary Jeff Walker. And no comment necessary. You're too humble to talk about it, but I think you're natural and we certainly loved you on Saturday mornings and you would be fantastic.
Speaker 6: So there you go, my brother.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate the vote of confidence, and with that I'll let you go. You know, I will say this about that I have been blessed to have my own little piece of the pie here on Saturday mornings on seven utter WLW as you mentioned for multiple decades, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here, and whatever time there is left here, I will relish every single moment and when God makes the decision that I'm not doing that anymore, and He ultimately is in charge. I know a lot of people like to think they're in charge, and most of the time of those people are us think we're actually in charge. We're really not in charge, and anything else that comes along will be gravy. But I have had the pleasure of having my cake and eating it too with you here on Saturday morning, and that's all I'll say about that. But I'm sure if if there were anything else, I'd know about it by now. Six fifty five Steve Schulty with his environmental information. He is an environmental engineer after all. Also still to come, Tom Davis Diaries, we'll have a visit with our friend Dave Hatter, the IT Guru Dangerous Doomsday. Dave Jim Levarbo, the music professor, will join us about seven thirty five this morning. Science Mike I think is in and Brother Rick Green with little passage from the Word of God. Before we're done moe Egger a gift from Wally if I can find a joke between now and then, Glad you're here. It's six fifty six at seven hundred WLW. This is Ashley. I can n a from the ben at Ashley. I almost same his podcasts if you could lose ten point four seven oh six Eastern that is, and time to talk to our ronmental engineers, Steve Shulty with an update on what's really going on in the world.
Speaker 12: I see trees green, resist I see them blue.
Speaker 1: From you, and I think to myself what I wander from. Good morning Steve. Before we get started, By the way, great to great to talk to you before we get started. I just wanted to say, uh, and I mentioned this before on your many dissertations on the fallacies of evs and how they're not really practical or efficient or cost cost efficient and or save the planet exactly. I will say that the attacks on Elon Musk's company Tesla, and the evs that have been burned up, blown up, keyed, schwastiked and all of that is utterly ridiculous. We've always talked about how, yes, if it works for you, it should be a choice. It shouldn't be mandated, and no one from the government should tell you what you have to drive. That's always been the point. But with all these attacks, and especially somebody like an irresponsible person like Jasmine Crockett calling for a Tesla takedown day because it's her birthday today, is just utterly ridiculous and neither one of us, I don't believe support anything like that. And vandalism and violence is not freedom of speech. Vandalism and violence is a crime and should be treated as such everywhere. Yeah, and I am not I am not again anst anybody who wants to drive a Tesla, let's say that.
Speaker 6: Okay, you got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 6: Well, this is another one of your favorite topics of windmills. So this comes from heartland dot org the Climate Change Weekly number five thirty eight from last Friday, twenty first of March. Overseas wind farms closing early industrial wind facilities in Australia and Germany are closing early, ceasing operation decades earlier than coal nuclear gas plants would reach their end of the useful life. And Australia they're shutting down two wind operations, an eight point two megawatt facility called Codrington and a thirty megawatt Yambrock site. Coddington's, opened up in two thousand and one, is the oldest one in Australia. Australia, like the United States, and like much of the West, has pushed wind powers away to fight provide electricity why finding so called climate change. And of course, Gary Jeff, taxpayers were heavily subsidizing the construction operations of the facility. But like we already we told them before we went down this path that each facility has cost more, delivered less and less reliable power than promise.
Speaker 1: Early. That's the question.
Speaker 6: They're early because the repower the sites are too extensive, Maintenance costs of the turbines are rising. Replacing them with new turbines would be more expensive because the latest turbines are much larger, requiring deeper and heavier foundations, different spacing requirements, upgrade and infrastructure. The bottom line, Gary Jeff, they're two. You know, we we repower coal, nuclear and gas plants all the time because it's worthwhile and very affordable. But these things are not uh. And again, cold plants typically will last thirty fifty years or more. Same book, nuclear and gas plants long before, long after they are their loans of capital costs are paid off. But in many cases, and these are examples right here, Gary Jeff, that wind plants, solar plants typically are not lasting that the time that their capital costs are being paid off. So either one thing happened, two things will happen. One is government will just give them a grant to pay them off, or two they'll let them write them off called depreciation more rapidly, which means they pay less taxes, which means you and I pay more taxes. So you know that's the reality. Germany's doing the same thing. They're getting to shut they're shutting down their first offshore wind facility after only fifteen years of operations. Then why some of these have run out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, because other people's money is gone, and you got it, they don't generate any money themselves. Here's the other thing, real quickly, just what has caused climate change over different geological periods in Earth's history. We know this from the geological records. Give me just a couple of examples.
Speaker 6: Well, this came from a notebook product podcast broadcast I watched this past week, Hunt for the Oldest DNA, which was very interesting in itself. But then during it they talked about climate change, and one of the one scientists said, between two point six and five point three million years ago, we had the Plio scene are era. We had around CO two was around three to four hundred parts per million, which we are at today, and we had very warm weather, which gives us a blueprint of what to expect was climate change. But then Gary, Jeff, we will go to the pliat scene era twelve thousand years ago to two point six million years ago. It's also called the Ice Age, much colder temperatures, glacial advances. That's where the glacier here advanced.
Speaker 12: Down to the Norwi lateral.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I heard that, and I'm going.
Speaker 6: Well, if we had such high CO two causing global warming, well what the heck caused the climate to change so much that the glacier, the ice sheets from Arctic came down to Cincinnati, Ohio, right, and then from zero from today to twelve thousand years ago, it's called the housing It started with abrupt warming resulting in rapid melding of the ice sheets.
Speaker 14: Well, why did.
Speaker 6: Your abruptly warm up without human industrialization and human flourishing, and us are our exhalation and our cars and our power plants. It just it just gave me some cause for thought. If we don't know what's causing things between these ice ages, between where goat thet goes warm, it's good, cold and warm again? How the hell a week?
Speaker 1: How do we think it's cold? It's cold. It's called no, it's called natural climate cycles. The climate is always changing and we have very little to do with it. Thank you so much, Steve. We gotta run, brother, We got to run. Thank you. Coming upon seven fourteen, at seven hundred w l W so.
Speaker 12: I went to the bowling alley with my friend Short Steve.
Speaker 1: Are you making fun of your friend's height?
Speaker 12: I'm not making fun of Why do you hate short pet? Don't he's taller than I? You're no, I'm not.
Speaker 18: Sometimes it feels like it's not safe to say anything, but not with Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 12: They want to hear what you have to say. We think it's important for everyone to be heard.
Speaker 1: Eddie and Rockey.
Speaker 4: Monday afternoon at three seven hundred w l W by UDF New for Got your cross Pizza, Get a free fountain drink.
Speaker 1: UDF made for you. It's a cloudy, wendy Saturday. Hey, Hi, a seventy eight today, showers late tonight and tomorrow. I just wanted to mention again the fantastic time we had a couple of weeks ago at the anniversary party, and my friend Keepsake Kim says that there are pictures if you wanted to see pictures of the anniversary party for this show we had on the fifteenth, the IDEs of March. I can't believe I picked that date. You can go to the Keepsake Photography Facebook page and they are posted there. And I trust that Kim Rice, but she's great, will have the book that she puts together for me every week and we'll post some of those on the website as well. How about we talk to Tom Davis diaries. I'd like to call these the diaries, corresponded Tom Davis, Wild wacky, weird stories from around the world and around the country.
Speaker 31: Tom, Good morning, Gary, Jeff. This week your lucky Satanic lottery numbers. But first, a Missouri delivery driver was caught on one of those door cameras licking one of his customer's cats. The driver could be seen picking up the fee line and licking it as he's dropping off a package, sparking questions about his behavior, but nobody seems to know which delivery company the guy worked for. Hey, here's a hint. Check the package the liquor left. Meanwhile, a woman in Houston suffered dental damage during a procedure by an unlicensed dentist, Caesar Maheya used pliers to extract a tooth. The victim had to be hospitalized. Now, this guy's facing charges of practicing dentistry without a license and aggravated assault. But despite not being legit, he was charging real dentist prices, with procedures starting at two hundred and fifty dollars and going up from there.
Speaker 1: Arthur Nixon Bates the Fourth has died.
Speaker 6: Who is that?
Speaker 31: He was a wild Southern dude who left a crazy obituary behind quote March fifth, twenty twenty five, succumb to a life of drugs, Marlboroughs, fast women and Ford broncos. He is survived by three daughters, none of whom know how they will get by without dabt calling and asking for twenty dollars for cigarettes and Methadone one last time, and that's one hundred percent real those poor girls. And finally, in Shiahwassa County, Michigan, a man recently won a two point three million dollar lottery jackpot with the numbers six six six. He says, I played that on a couple of daily three tickets and I won big. Now, despite the evil numbers helping him win, the man has a rather wholesome plan for his winnings. He says he's going to use them to pay bills and invest. Next week, a California woman goes viral for making bikinis out of her dead pets.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 12: Is there a special time you like to listen to? Sconsloan?
Speaker 1: To listen to Slowey in the morning, at home, in the car, going to work, when I'm at work, his podcast after work, and when I'm at the dentist.
Speaker 12: Wow, do you go to the dentist a lot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got some lousy teeth.
Speaker 23: I've got a bad back, So I listened to Sloaney when I get a massage.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna do that next time I get one. I hate that creepy massage music.
Speaker 1: Sloony is like ten times better than massage music.
Speaker 24: Scott Sloan Monday morning at nine on seven hundred WLW and check out his podcast on the free iHeartRadio ad.
Speaker 9: The Great American. Here for Rhino Shield. I've been telling you about them for many years. Rhino Shield is the best spring is here take advantage of a fifteen percent discount your pie.
Speaker 1: There are things you need to watch out for here to tell us about. One of those things is ri Guru, our tech head Doomsday Dave Hatter. Good morning, mister Hatter.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 1: First and foremost? You told me, and this has nothing to do with the subject to tan. You told me you're participating and something fun tomorrow.
Speaker 23: What is that?
Speaker 19: I am the Cambon County Game and Fish Association Spring Turkey Sheet.
Speaker 1: Who now that that sounds like a ball down the.
Speaker 19: Open to the public.
Speaker 6: Come on down. It's always fun.
Speaker 19: Hopefully the weather will cooperate, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think early not so good. Late, not so good. But the middle of the day. It depends on what time you're you're shooting turkeys.
Speaker 19: You well, you know starts around all.
Speaker 1: Are any turkeys actually harmed?
Speaker 19: Well they were all they're pre harmed. They're in the freezer. If you do the best that year around you get the turkey from the freezer.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, Uh so, uh, we're talking about uh more stuff for people to watch out for, specifically what.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 19: I'm going to give you a couple of quick headlines and then jump into this robot. So here's the headline from the Economists. Chinese hackers are getting bigger, better and stealthier. Here's the headline from the from the Guardian, which is of course, now Gary, Jeff, I've picked them on winnows. Sorry.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 19: The Chinese remains top military and cyber threat to the US intelligence reports, says I'm just setting the stage here. You know, you and I have talked about this many times, the China, the People's Republic of China and the Chinese Communist Party and hacking and so forth, and warnings from our government about it.
Speaker 6: So here's the story this week.
Speaker 19: And I mean this is literally something like a Twilight Zone or an X Files or a Black Mirror episode. Remote access back door discovered in Chinese robot dog unitary Go one. So this is one of these robots you know, would be used in factory used for security patrols, that sort of thing from Unitary a Chinese company and some researchers decided to hack into the software inside it because you know, as a reminder, all these things have software that make them work, and what they found is extremely disturbing. So let me let me back into the details. But in the report it says perhaps most concerning is the implication of the deliberate design. The tunnel is not merely over an overlooked debugging utility. It appears fully integrated into the boot process, enabled by default, and now just on Chinese language website tunnel dot nitry dot com hints it possible commercial intentions, but no functionality was ever discovered. So let me put this in Layman's term. When the robot starts up, it boots software that would allow someone to connect to it remotely, or it to connect somewhere in China remotely, which then means that for example, the microphones and cameras and it could be used for a live remote surveillance. It also means it could be controlled remotely. Now, this thing, you know, it doesn't it looks a little weird, It doesn't look too intimidating, But in addition to the surveillance, it also means if it's connected to your network, which it would have to be to get connected to China. Someone could remotely use this thing to access the resources in your network. So this is basically a walking spy machine. It counts as a robot that you would use in some sort of industrial setting.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well, I mean there are so many things. This morning, I had my friend Lynette or we call her Mametry now and she uses Alexa, and I was warning her about Alexa, you know, listening to her and maybe she doesn't. She said, well, I'm not dealing drugs or into child trafficking. I'm not worried about what I say. And I said, well, yeah, it's not the only concern. But there are so many things when we allow technology that listens and can see us, and there are always back doors that can be used against us, invasion of privacy purposes, for as you're mentioning, hacking purposes, taking over our device's purposes. There are so many things that could go wrong. It's one of those because well what could go wrong? And there are so many things that could go wrong once you allow these things with their back doors.
Speaker 19: In You're right, Gary, Jeff, I mean, you know a lot of these things down this again. It's hard for me to read this story and believe that there's anything other than a nefarious purpose. You know, it would be one thing to build a backdoor into this so that you could do testing, you could do diagnostics, you could update it potentially remotely. But you know, typically when you build in functionality to update a device remotely, it's published, it's well known. It's there for you as the user of set device, to be able to make sure it's got the latest software updates to fix buds and security flaws and that sort of thing. The idea that this is baked deep into it and it starts up by default when the robot starts up, you know, it's deeply concerning to me. You know, when you hear terms like supply chain risk, this is what we're talking about it. This thing is roaming around in your factory. It is entirely possible based on what I've read here, and there's a much more detailed research than this news story about it, report about it. You know, you can dig into it and see that potentially someone in China, some a nefarious adversarial person could use this thing to steal your trade secrets again, access your network and do who knows what and they could with any of these things.
Speaker 1: Device Dave Patter, have fun at Kenton County at the game and fish turkey shoot tomorrow and we will talk to you soon, my friend, Thank you so much.
Speaker 28: New treatments for joint pain are here. By now you've heard about regenerative medicine. If you're wondering if you're a good candidate, answer these questions. First, does chronic pain in your knees, hips, shoulders, or other joints keep you from doing the things you enjoy golfing, jogging, time with the family. Does it hurt doing the things you need to do, like getting out of bed, sleeping, working, and walking. And finally, do you want to avoid surgery and all of the pain, long recovery, and uncertainty that comes with it. If you answered yes to any of those, you need to call QC Kinetics now learn about exciting advancements in regenerative treatments that can give you long lasting pain relief with no drugs, no surgery, and no downtime. Get your free consultation today. Call QC Kinetics. That's QC Kinetics. Here's the phone number. Call now five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen. QC Kinetics five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen.
Speaker 1: This is acshally like and Eddy.
Speaker 18: This weather forecast from news radio seven hundred wl Johnny.
Speaker 17: Warm and windy out there today. As temperatures start off in the mid sixties, they warmed to the upper seventies with mostly cloudy skies. Rain moves in tonight and lingers throughout your Sunday, but best chance for strong to severe storms will be tomorrow evening in the Monday Firm Severe Weather Station. I'm nine first Warning metadrologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: The Tri State is dry right now. We've dropped again to sixty three degrees right now. I'm Sadie Collins our next update at eight thirty on news radio seven hundred WLWN News four.
Speaker 1: Hours a day.
Speaker 18: He was a radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 1: Into yet another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, March twenty ninth, twenty twenty five. Gary Jeff Walker. Great to be with you as alas reporting for duty seven minutes after the hour, and take care of this right now. That Teresa, good morning, what's on your mind?
Speaker 32: Dear good morning, Gary Jeff, my beautiful friend. Good morning christ to two point zero. If you will allow me one minute to say something to you, I would greatly appreciate Chah my friend.
Speaker 1: One minute starts now go, here we go.
Speaker 32: I was not able to attend your anniversary party to Happy University. I've had two relationships long term in my life. One is thirty five years with my husband. My second is a friendship relationship with you, Gary Jeff. For twenty eight years. You've gotten me through Saturday morning hangovers. You've gotten me through all night love and sessions with my husband. You've gotten me through some tough times. For that, I appreciate you. On December in twenty eighteen, saw you in the doorway at seven hundred. You and Chickster were standing there. We introduced ourselves. You said who are you? I said, Teresa. I wrote for Jary Burbank. You said, oh, that Theresa, and it has stuck. I am grateful to you, sir. I have read nothing but love, respect, and admiration for you. God bless you continue to entertain me.
Speaker 7: Please, I love you with my entire heart.
Speaker 19: I am done.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. I will try to add you know, I only have so much control over whether I'm here or not, And as far as entertaining you, I guess that is in the eye or ear of the beholder. But thank you very much for the kind words. Time for science Mike, and a science minute to our friend Michael.
Speaker 21: Yes, as a nicely scientist is surprising.
Speaker 1: No immediately, Good morning, Michael. What would we say? You're that Mike?
Speaker 16: That was that Teresa?
Speaker 1: So you're that Mike.
Speaker 13: I would like to say ditto, but I don't know if I want to go under the all night love making session portion.
Speaker 6: But I don't think it's happened.
Speaker 1: But you know that, Yeah, as as I used to as, I used to say, if you're scoring at home, and if you are, then why are you wasting time listening to me? That was nice?
Speaker 7: That was nice.
Speaker 1: It was very nice, heartfelt I could tell. I mean, I still after all this time, I don't know exactly what's wrong with her, but I hope she doesn't find a cure. What's on your mind this morning?
Speaker 11: Here?
Speaker 13: Yeah, So I hate to get back to the topic of COVID, but I got to Okay, one more, one more topic. I was listening to some radio news show this morning on some some station, but they mentioned that the CDC head was resigning because of some false statements by RFK as far as saying, uh COVID unrelated COVID deaths without underlying health conditions, and so they said there was actually thirty percent of the deaths worked a trivial people with people without underlying But actually the.
Speaker 16: True number for and I had to do this on this morning and been looking.
Speaker 13: Up, actually the true deaths of COVID for without underlying health conditions percentages is one point six percent. The well, actually it's forty percent for people over the age of seventy. During this whole thing is supposedly with people without underlying health cases. But let's just go through the numbers real quick, Garry jeffs since and the COVID, like the total death that currently is like one point two million people died of COVID. So of that ninety percent were listed as COVID as a cause of death. So if you take one point six without underlying without underlying health issues, you get about seventeen thousand people and over the age of seventy forty percent of those. So you have about seven thousand people over the age of seventy who died without supposedly underlying health conditions. So at least approximately ten thousand people since COVID under the age of seventy who died of COVID without underlying health issues.
Speaker 1: Right, they actually died of the infection.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And what we know now, Mike. What we all, many of us, myself included suspected at the time, and we now know as a fact. And I've talked to healthcare professionals numerous times on this is there was such an incentive, a paid incentive for hospitals and health organizations to list deaths as COVID deaths that the numbers were greatly inflated. We had no idea how much they were inflated, but now we do. And it's pretty scary that we were lied to by the medical community this way. Here's a scary one. I just was reading.
Speaker 13: It was like, and so twenty twenty two actual CDC six and ten adults dying of COVID nineteen six and ten were vaccinated.
Speaker 19: M hm.
Speaker 1: It's true. Not safe, not safe, not effective, period, end of story. We were duped, We were lied to, some of us knew it. Some of us did not.
Speaker 13: I would honestly say this that my father passed away before COVID, but if he were alive during that or even in his eighties, I would have gave him the vaccination just because of the more I hit the risk, right, you know, the risk against I would have done that. But you know that's all I want to say about that.
Speaker 1: All right, Mike, thank you very much. And now that now that jav out of Cherry is ahead with the NI, is it the NIH or CDC that Jayvaut of Cherry.
Speaker 19: Now has.
Speaker 1: And I see that? Yeah, thank you, Yeah, the NIH. We are going to find out more and more about how we were lied to during that period of time. Thank you. It's eight thirteen at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 30: Rocky Year with a reminder, if you miss a part of the Eddie and Rocky Show, you could always catch the podcast on the iHeartRadio app and hear what you missed.
Speaker 1: Also, if you listen to the.
Speaker 30: Podcast while you're in bed, it feels like Eddie and I are snuggling with you, and that's kind of nice.
Speaker 1: It's the wild ride of spring and it continues today. Some clouds out there a little bit of sunshine, some wind, and the highest seventy eight degrees. The showers move in tonight late sixty one, Tomorrow's low, mostly cloudy on Sunday with showers storms ending by early afternoon, and then another round tomorrow night, another round tomorrow night. There are all kinds, all bets off the table. Could be severe weather tomorrow night and extending into Monday. During the day mostly cloudy, then in a chance of showers and storms again. I have sixty three to start the work week. It is sixty five now it's seven WLW.
Speaker 28: New treatments for joint pain are here by now you've heard about regenerative medicine. If you're wondering, if you're a good candidate, answer these questions.
Speaker 1: Can kind sharing the reunion of souls on a Saturday morning. And brother Rick green Man, who taught me about spirit in Cincinnati, and who along with his wife often and hearing himself feed the homeless every single weekend. And Brother Rick, I got to tell you. I want to apologize to you because you text me about getting together and doing podcasts again. We haven't done one since last month, and I just want to apologize for not getting back to you. I'm looking at April twelfth. We've done this podcast. It was Rick's idea about having guest testimonials of people who have come to Jesus Christ and telling their story, and they are available on the Rick Green YouTube channel. It's called the Butt God Podcast. So I hope you accept my apology. Brother. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you the other night.
Speaker 14: Well, girl, you are absolutely fine. I knew you would get back with me. Grey, I'm having an awesome down woke up me and God spends our time together.
Speaker 12: I love that early morning.
Speaker 14: Yes, coffee and rich that's how we sawt o starday.
Speaker 1: That's great, and today they're we're.
Speaker 14: From the Book of Colossin, chapter three, verse twelve, it says, therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, close yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Amen.
Speaker 16: I love that.
Speaker 1: Read that again for me.
Speaker 19: Rick.
Speaker 14: Colossing, chapter three, verse twelve, it says, therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, close yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. I love it. God has tell us how to draw us on a daily basis. It's up to us and put them on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, well, thank you so much, Thank you so much.
Speaker 14: By thank you, Gary. I'm getting excited because next, I mean May, you're getting close to it. Gray before year we've been doing this, and it just humbled me that this is happening. To this day, it still humbled me.
Speaker 1: Well, if I haven't done anything else for God, but that I at least at least I'm doing something. Thank you, Rick, Thank you have a blessing all right, God bless you. Eight nineteen oh and while we're on the subject of having patience and kindness and all the rest, I'm getting these repeated emails from someone named Mondo Duke, and I'm going to try and get better at this, but he keeps on accusing me of sounding like I've got too much water in my mouth when I talk, and it's all always in caps when he writes this, I'm putting him in the junk file after this. Let your guests talk and quit interrupting them. Swallow your spit because your mouth always sounds super wet and gross. Thank you so much, Mondo. What kind of name is it, Mondo Duke. It doesn't sound like a real name. Oh, well into the junk file and thank you so much for your patience and kindness. Twenty minutes after the hour seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 24: This morning at nine, Mike Allen goes where other hosts dare not tread and don not talking about the min's room on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: It's your last chance to get Disney Plus and Hulu together for just two ninety nine a month. Definitely very smart movie.
Speaker 17: Give both and watch Star Wars into the upper seventies with mostly cloudy skies, Rain moves in tonight and lingers throughout your Sunday. But best chance for strong and severe will be tomorrow evening into Monday. For me, severe weather Station, I'm nine first warning Metrologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW Sports Liam Tomlinson bunches going on. There's another PGA tournament this weekend.
Speaker 26: Yeah, it's nine days until the Masters, and right now they're playing the Houston Open. And then the lead is Scottie Scheffler. After an eight under round two, he leads the leader board.
Speaker 12: At the moment, some.
Speaker 26: Elite eight matchups are set after last night's Sweet sixteen games Houston beat per two sixty two to sixty thanks to a Milan Uzon buzzer beater. UK fell to Tennessee seventy eight to sixty five. Michigan State defeated Ole Miss seventy three to seventy. Auburn dominated Michigan seventy eight sixty five. We have two elite matchup Elite eight matchups tonight, and you could say they both are elite. In the nightcap it is Duke in Alabama, and at six point thirty it is Texas Tech and and Florida. Tomorrow it will be Tennessee and Houston at two twenty in Michigan State. Auburn at five five f C. Cincinnati is on the road in Nashville. Kickoff is set for eight thirty. Pregame coverage begins at eight. You can catch all that action on ESPN fifteen thirty. The Red Legs zero to one after an opening day loss in the ninth inning. Kids Opening Day is today. That first pitch is at four to ten. Nicldolo is on the mound for the Reds. Justin Berlander on the mound for the Giants. Pregame coverage begins at three to ten. Right here on the Home of the Red seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir for the last jeez. It's been probably about twenty five twenty six years. I've been fortunate enough to also play out at different venues around town. I sing well kind of sort of, and I have great musicians play with me, which makes me a little bit easier to take I guess as a singer with all that water in my mouth or whatever it is. But anyway, right now we're still in the middle of the Goens Walker farewell tour. Chris Gohens fantastic local guitar player. I'm sure you've heard of him if you follow the local music scene at all, because he is virtually everywhere. He's ubiquitous, as they say, making the rounds in many different venues with the Danny Fraser Band. He was with the original crew of Overdue if you remember that group from years ago, and more recently as a solo artist and with different people including me. He and I are going to be playing at the Valley House in Harrison, Ohio next Friday night from eight to eleven, and I just wanted to get the plug out. There have no nightcaps left to do that, so the Valley House in Harrison eight to eleven. If you want to come out and laugh at me, heckle, point your finger and enjoy the incredible guitar playing of Chris Gohins. It's an acoustic act and we have a good time. So that's next Friday night from eight to eleven. Yes, I will be up until eleven o'clock on a Friday night, on a school night, and then try and be here that next Saturday morning, bright and early. Just thought i'd let you know the Farewell Tour is actually playing somewhere else besides Brookies in Ripley, Ohio. Coming up on eight twenty six. We have gifts from Wally and Moe Eggers still to come on this Saturday morning edition. Please let's continue.
Speaker 23: Sarah Spain for Iheartwomen's Sports, presented by else Beauty. This year mark's the tenth anniversary of Olympic softball player Jessa Mendoza becoming the first woman to broadcast a nationally televised postseason MLB game when she called the AL wildcard matchup between the Yankees and Astros in October of twenty fifteen. Mendoza was also the first woman in the booth for an ESPN MLB Broadcast, which has served as an analyst for Diamondbacks and Cardinals.
Speaker 12: In August of twenty fifteen.
Speaker 23: For more women's word story, subscribe A Good Game with Sarah Spain on iHeart Podcast.
Speaker 18: Need a full coverage hydrating concealer that lasts you your toughest workouts.
Speaker 7: El Cosmetics Hydrating Camo Concealer is long lasting, full coverage, increase resistant with twenty five shades.
Speaker 12: It consider only in the load to mid sixties.
Speaker 17: As you kick off the day, it will be windy and that helps warm us to the upper seventies despite mostly cloudy skies. Ray moves in late this evening into the overnight hours. Spotty throughout your Sunday with strong to severe storms Tomorrow night in to Monday. From a severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Here in Kenwood and in Cincinnati. It's overcast sixty four degrees. Our next update at nine. I'm Sandy Collins on news Radio seven hundred WLWA News.
Speaker 18: Twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Kid Time, Will gifts from Wally the Last Word and Old Lady walks to the local newspaper office in a very small town back where people still read newspapers, obviously, and she wants to put an obituary in the paper in the next edition, as her husband has recently passed. She tells the receptionist. The receptionist points her to the office of the o bit editor, the guy that does the obituaries, and she explains a situation to him, and he says, well, I just want to let you know it's fifty cents a word. We have to charge you fifty cents a word for the obituary. She thinks for a moment, and she says, oh, okay, it should just simply say Fred Brown died. And the guy kind of smiles at her thriftiness and says, I'm sorry, ma'am, there's a seven word minimum for any obituary. So she pauses another moment and she says, let me think. Then it should read Fred Brown died. Ford pickup for sale seven hundred.
Speaker 24: WLW Cincinnati and iHeartRadio station make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the I Knew It Improved iHeartRadio app. Listen for all your music, radio and podcast free never sounded so good News Radio seven hundred and WLW.
Speaker 33: This is Jeff for Tri State Men's Health, where ourrectile dysfunction treatments are shown to be effective in nearly ninety percent of cases. Listen to what Alex has to say about our ED treatments.
Speaker 34: I have been experiencing problems with ED, but that's all changed. My name's Alex and I've been a patient for Tri State Men's Health for under a year. I highly recommend this. Every day I wake up feeling good compared to I was back in the old days. Good change is more exciting. You know, I don't have a problem with ED anymore. I'm having a lot more fun. I was very comfortable. I was always comfortable in any conversation I had with Tri State Men's Health. Yeh, I just want to let gentlemen out there know that you do not have to live with ED. That it is not just an aging process. It is also hormonal and balance and everything in your system. And once you get that under control and everything you do go back to your youth a lot in how you feel.
Speaker 1: Thanks Alex. It's true.
Speaker 12: If you're like most men will help you get your sex life back.
Speaker 33: Call eight hundred nine hundred ninety six five four or go to tri statemenshealth dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey, get it and hit it on a Saturday morning seven other wl W Gary jefn Mo Agger here, Hey Mo, what's up?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 1: You know it's a Saturday morning.
Speaker 29: Figure.
Speaker 1: You know, this is about the time we usually talk, so we might as well talk for a few minutes and fill some time between the commercials, you know, provide content, be the influencers that we are.
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, for years I was a disc jockey, and then then they told me I was a talk show host or or a personality. I really like personality because it it meant that somebody thought I had one. And then I find out that I'm an influencer, and I don't know what that exactly means and who I'm trying to influence or what I'm trying to influence whoever I'm trying to influence to do do you do you understand the concept? I mean, because now you're an influencer.
Speaker 7: Too, And well, I I prefer the term content creator.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think that works. I think that fits, you know, for those of us who have a social media presence and and make that a part of what we do. And then you add to it the radio. You know, that's that's content creation. I prefer that influencer, like influence. Influencer to me strikes me as I.
Speaker 1: Mean, it's like you're trying to Yeah, it's like you're trying to convince people to do something maybe they shouldn't. Oh, you're you're a bad You're a bad influence. You're a you're an influencer instigator.
Speaker 7: But you don't know if I don't know if the word I don't know, if the word coercer is a word that's.
Speaker 15: The influence.
Speaker 1: Coercer would be worser.
Speaker 19: I think.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's just me. So I I got to ask you. And you know, I'm at the bar Thursday opening Day. We've got the game on TV and fan duel and uh because uh, there's not there's not a way to push the radio in there. I guess we could probably hook the jukebox speakers up to seven hundred WLW to get the broadcast, and being a being an employee of both, I probably should work that out by now, after all the Red seasons I've been there. But uh, so I'm there, We're watching the game. It's exciting. The Reds are leading, it's the ninth inning, and then with two outs, the inevitable happens and the Reds bullpen blows the lead. That the Reds. It's been a very exciting game.
Speaker 12: See that.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. Opening Day is Opening Day and the expectations are sky high. How many people you think in the bar when the Reds lost the lead there in the top of the ninth after having the game and they're right, they're right on the precipice of victory on opening Day, how many people in the bar do you think just hung their heads and gave up on the season right then and there? Practically all of them.
Speaker 7: I was going to say, if the experience there mirrored the experience walking out of the ballpark, I would say pretty much everybody.
Speaker 1: Yes, somebody else told me that it was just like a funeral and not a celebration of live funeral, just sackcloth and ashes kind of funeral at the end of that game. But it really he was a great game, and that's that's what's being lost. I mean, was a great game, wasn't it? And I had everything?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was a heck of a ball game, you know, it was it's the kind of game. It's not saying it was d game, but it was the kind of game you've got to win. You know. You give whoever your first reliever out of the ninth inning is, you give him a one run lead, you've got to win that game. You give your staff ace a few runs early, you've got to win that game. And I thought what happened on Thursday was a few things that happened throughout the course of the game caught up to him in the ninth inning. You know, first of all innings four through eight, they didn't score a run, They managed only two hits, They never seriously threatened, they didn't play add on baseball, they didn't tack on any runs. So start with that. Hunter Green was awesome despite by his acknowledgment, not having all of his pitches. But in the fourth inning, it took him twenty eight pitches to get through it, and that meant that he was not going to come out for the sixth So Terry Francona had to go to his bullpen in the sixth inning, and the first three relievers who came out were terrific. Scott Barlow was just awesome in his Red's debut. Amelio Pagan was really good in Tony Santien. But you think about how the game plays out if instead of having to use those guys an inning six, seven and eight, Tito has to use him an inning seven, eight to nine. And then the decision, which I think was the most controversial of Opening Day, to give the game to Ian Jabbo in the ninth inning instead of Taylor Rodgers, who is a guy who's closed out games before. And I think I know what Francona was thinking. He was thinking, I've got a bunch of right handed hitters coming up, and so I'm going to use the writing. The thing is Taylor Rogers, even though he is a lefty, is actually better against righty's. Ian Jabou was the last guy to make the team, the last pitcher to make the team, and pitched in only two games last year because of injury. I just don't know that he's the right option there. But some things could have been done earlier in the game to avoid of Injebo even having to pitch, or at least coming in and maybe having a little bit of a cushion to dealer.
Speaker 1: Well, the great irony of Hunter Green coming out after five innings. Mo obviously was his statements, his own statements that he wants to go seven, eight, maybe nine innings a lot every time. And it was only it was only what eighty four pitches eighty six pitches that he yanked him. He may not have had all of his pitches, but it really wasn't necessarily him getting pulled early. It was the decisions down the line and not having Diaz to close the game.
Speaker 7: And yeah, you add that to it as well, right, Yeah, you know, look, I think the next step for this starting staff, which I believe has a chance to be really good, is it's got to give it's got to give the team some length, right. I mean, if you go back two years ago, and I know nobody wants to talk about David Bell, but I thought David Bell did a masterful job two years ago with the polepen that he had to go to like in the fourth inning every single night, and that's just not a winning proposition. They're not going to be that bad this year, but it's it's such a luxury if you're a manager and you feel like, you know what, no matter who's on the mountain force tonight, they're gonna at least give us six so I can kind of map out, you know how I want the bullpen to play out depending on the game, the score, who's up, who's on the bench, that sort of thing, and that starts with pitchers giving their team length. I thought Francona's explanation for not bringing Hunter out for the sixth inning was a little odd because he said, well, if I brought about to start the sixth I wanted him to finish the sixth. Well, of course you do, but why don't you see how the evening unfolds. You know, maybe Hunter Green retires the first hitter on one pitch, right, maybe he walks the first guy. You know, that's that's why you have relievers at the ready. I would have liked to have seen how the game would have unfolded had Hunter come out for the sixth inning. And again, maybe maybe he could sell, who knows, But you know, again, the first three relievers that came out, this gets lost in what happened. The first three relievers that came out were lights out. One of them struck out two.
Speaker 5: None of them gave up the hit.
Speaker 7: You know what, if you're using those guys over the final three innings, instead of innings six, seven, and eight, and then without Alexis di As. As you mentioned, you're turning the game over to the guy who was the last last guy to make a team. It was a good game. It was a frustrating loss. But you know, if they can take these next two against the Giants, that's the series winnable. We'll forget about the results on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's been so long since the Red's playoff victory that people just expect the mediocrity and the disappointment. Are we getting to that point where, you know, they always used to talk about players and fans being Bengalized with the Bengals. Is there a similar thing happening with this franchise now in Cincinnati with the Reds.
Speaker 7: I think so? I could I hear the same refrain, you know, in the days leading up to an including opening day, you know, all right, it's opening damn incided. Can't wait to see how they disappoint me this year. Right, It's just unfortunately, when you've gone this long without postseason advancement. You know, we used to crush the Bengals for going forever without making the playoffs and then advancing in the postseason. The Reds on the right now the longest current drought in American professional sports of not advancing in the playoffs thirty years, thirty years, and so that builds up over time, and you know, fans just invariably are going to start to expect the worst. I don't think anybody's doing that based on what happened on Thursday, but I think it's just kind of built into our DNA right now, where until things change, until you know, we see this team not just advancing the postseason, but I think, you know, consistently get to the postseason at advance. When they're there, I think there's always going to be a lot of Red fans who are constantly waiting for the other shoot to drop. And that's not their fault, that's the organization's fault. And it's up to this team and this organization to start to change that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really need to update my Red's wardrobe too, if I'm going to look like, at least look like I'm a big Reds fan, because I have two authentic MLB game jerseys, One the Reds gave me, one a friend of mine bought me was a Tom Browning jersey, and I've got one with my name on the back of it, even though I never played. Tracy Jones would hate that. I've got a Tracy Jones actual game jersey that's signed by twenty nine and I couldn't find that one, but the two the other two jerseys are white, and because of other times in the past where I've warned them, it looks like I butchered a hog in both of them, and I could not wear them to the bar. So I found an old Red's T shirt and it says right in the bat Cincinnati Reds twenty thirteen, and it's got the pictures of everybody on that team. Of course no one. Joey Vado, I was bringing back memories, said Chew.
Speaker 12: I remember Chew.
Speaker 1: You've got Chew on your Yeah, since you too, Yeah, And some guy named Ludwick. I didn't even remember who Ludwig was, but apparently he.
Speaker 7: Was right Ludwick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was on that twenty thirteenth Jay Bruce.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: So, I think they made the playoffs in twenty thirteen. They didn't advance, but I think they made the playoffs that year. I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: A disappointing season. That was the year where they won ninety games. Yeah, and it never really all sees a long felt right. They made the playoffs as a wild card, if you remember, they got sweat up by the Pirates the final weekend of the regular season, right, and that series was going to determine whether wildcard game was played, ended up being played in Pittsburgh, and Johnny Quato, one of my five favorite all time Reds, didn't have it that night. The crowd was chanting his name. He dropped the ball on the mound and Nelson Leriano pitched for the or Francisco Loriano pitched for the Pirates that night and just stuck it to the Reds and they lost and didn't advance. Yeah, and also Dusty Baker's last.
Speaker 1: Game, Cueto was on the shirt, A rold As Chapman was on the shirt. A bunch of big stars. But like today's it's like, who's that the real the real Reds fans couldn't couldn't pick it out.
Speaker 23: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that Nick Lodolo was healthy.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: And let's hope that everything has gone well in the rehab and he's ready and raring to go to day to start for the Reds.
Speaker 7: This is a really really huge year for him because I thought, I thought two years or three years ago when when you know, the season itself was memorable, but the glimmer of hope was the big three of Hunter Green, Graham Ashcraft and Nick Widolo and Graham Ashcraft is kind of a different story. I thought Nick Wodola, when he was at his best, was better than any of those other guys. Now, Hunter Green has since done a lot to change that conversation. Legitimate staffs, but when Nick Widolo is on as a lefty, he is terrific. The problem is he's not on nearly enough and he's not healthy nearly enough, and you can, you know, you could obviously say that about a lot of the starting pitchers they have. You know, this is a huge year for this franchise, and I you know, that's that's a that's a conversation we can have about, you know, just big picture stuff with this club. But there are a lot of guys on this team, and Nick Widola might be at the top of the list that you go, Okay, we've seen flashes. Now we need to see more than flashes. And that's going to start with better health, going to start with getting through a full season uninterrupted, and they could start today with a good start against the San Francisco Giants. And he's going up against guy who's going to be in the Hall of Fame one day, and Justin Berlander.
Speaker 1: Right, who's getting close to my age. Mo Egar. Thank you so much. We will talk to you next weekend, if not before. Thank you so much, counselor what's going on?
Speaker 35: Nothing, man, nothing happened at all this week.
Speaker 1: No, it's kind of quiet. Big news. An appeals court judge yesterday overruled the lower court decision on Doze cleaning out usaid money. So I didn't see it. That's big. It's huge. Yeah, and so I mean these are all working its way through the courts who think that they're the elected president. Now we'll see what happened. Well, I'll tell you what Trump paid.
Speaker 35: And I'm going to talk about this fifty eight challenges to his executive orders, which far exceeds anything any president has ever have r I call it lawfair two point zero.
Speaker 1: We thought we were finished with lawfair parents. When you're trying, when you try to do big stuff, you run into big oppositions.
Speaker 35: I agree, And he just keeps his head down. Plows forward, and I think at the end of the day, those kind of things are going to happen. The problem is in this country and this has got to stop. One federal district judge, district court judge can do something that affects the whole country.
Speaker 1: National That ain't right. No, it's not constitutional. Well I agree, and you know what when it goes to these cases go to the Supreme courts where these federal these small judges, these district judges make these decisions. Uh, the Supreme Court will take offense to this. Even even some of the liberal members said, wait a minute, we're in charge of the national court decisions, not you got right, right, that's why we're the Supreme Court.
Speaker 35: Hopefully one gets there quickly and they can do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, Mike Allen, Saturday Midday coming up next after the show show at Huddles. If you want to come on by and pregame for the Elite eight Games tonight, we'd love to see you. Seven hundred WLW inventories.
Speaker 22: Are back at record levels here at Columbia Hounday. We are fully stocked with Santa Fez, tucsons and policy