Speaker 1: At a book.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to be able to listen to the show without ads and have full access to bonus content, that's an option. To find out how, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com Forward Slash Podcast. Hey everyone, thanks again so much for joining us for another livestream episode of the show. I really appreciate it. Hopefully everyone's new year is off to a great start as well. I hope this year, like I said in the last show, was much better than last year was, which that wouldn't take too much doing because last year wasn't all that great for all lot of us. But anyway, moving forward, Before I bring on tonight's guest, I just wanted to let you know that I'm gonna hear a special Saturday night live stream episode of the show tomorrow night, gonna bring Cam back on. Cam reached out to me, I guess what two weeks ago or so, maybe three, to let me know about all the updates he had for me. A lot has happened since we spoke last and yeah, he's gonna come on tomorrow night to bring you all up to speed on everything that he's been through. And yeah, he's been through a lot, to say the least. So Yeah, Mark calllendars, don't forget tomorrow night, nine pm Eastern time. He'll be back to do that. So, like I said, thanks as always for listening. But for tonight's show, tonight's guest Todd Tidwell, he's going to talk about some experiences he had as a kid. Most of his experiences weren't with dog men worth a dog man, I should say, most of them were with a sasquatch or with sasquatch plural. I should say, maybe it was a good thing that he had those sasquatch encounters before he had his dog made an encounter. But instead of putting words into us mouth, let's bring him in here and find out. Todd, thanks so much for joining us. Hi, Well, we really appreciate you coming on and spending the night with us. We really do. Todd, please give us a brief file on yourself.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I grew up in East Sacramento County, California, about forty five minutes from the Gold Country. That's the Foothills. I was in the Lower Basin, growing up in the San Juaquin Valley. I have a twin brother and two older sisters, and a mom and dad and we grew up on about thirteen acres. The property's adjacent to us were larger fifty acres.
Speaker 3: Or more, and it was it was a good life.
Speaker 2: It sounds to me like it was a good life. Would you say that your crypted encounters tainted your childhood at least to a certain degree, or would you say that's not the case.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I had pretty much repressed the events that had happened until I was in my late twenties, and then once in a while I remember some of the instances that happened, and then they would get stored away back in the back of my brain somewhere. And it's only now that I'm older, I'm much older, that they're on my mind always.
Speaker 2: Well, I can understand why they would be. The reason why I asked you. That is, for most people, when they're asked what the worst thing they had to go through and deal with as a kid was, most of the I will tell you losing a parent, or for some it was having a bike stolen or something simple like that. Of course, losing appearance not in that category, but having a bike stolen that's pretty lightweight compared to other things that could happen. When you're a kid. But for you, if someone asked you that question, you could tell them that you were a chased home in the middle of the night by a dog man in the wee hours on a lonely road. I mean, that is just something that no kid should ever have to deal with. That's horrible, it really is. So that's why I was asking if you you think your encounters tainted your childhood at least to a certain degree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to a certain degree. I didn't that, but you know, I you know, I got through. I got through it and pretty much unscathed, except for the terror that I experienced.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can only imagine the tear you experienced. I mean that is rough, especially at that age. Well, talking about your childhood. In seventy nine, you had your first cryptid sighting. But it wasn't a dog man. It was a sasquatch. Please tell us what happened that day.
Speaker 1: It was a late spring of seventy nine and I was around ten years old best I can remember, and.
Speaker 3: My brother and I were playing.
Speaker 1: Ball with just a ball in bat out in the back pasture, and we had one of our friends with us.
Speaker 3: We was a couple of.
Speaker 1: Years older and while we're practicing baseball, we stirred up a pheasant and my older friend was the one at bat, and he actually threw the baseball bat in the direction of the pheasant and downed it. And we were quite excited, and we're cheering and jeering pretty loudly, and all of a sudden, on our about ten acres something jumped up to its feet and started running down the fence line, and my brother and I were like, what is that? You know, we couldn't figure well at first we thought, I don't know what we thought, but we just knew we thought it was human. When we asked our older friend, what is that, and he replied casually, Oh, that's a wild man. And my brother and I were like, wild man, What the heck's a wild man? And I watched this thing running down the fence line and it wasn't moving up and down like you would think a person would run. It kind of seemed like it was riding a bicycle the fluid motion it was.
Speaker 3: Having, you know.
Speaker 1: And my dad showed up from work shortly after, and you could still see this wild man in the distance about fifty acres away, and we motioned to our dad. Dad come here, come here. Look, it's a wild man. And my dad was trying to look off into the distance. He didn't see much, and then he motioned for a older friend, uh, and they like were talking to each other, and.
Speaker 3: My dad didn't say anything else.
Speaker 1: About it, And then our attention got back to the down pheasant that that happened about, and meant before.
Speaker 2: That, Wow, Todd, that's some pretty lethal aim. If he was able to throw that bat and hit that pheasant, how close was he to it?
Speaker 1: Oh, well, you know, pheasant, he can get right up on him before they before they'll scare, you know, and make a run for it. He'd probably we'd probably been on top of it during the whole duration of our baseball game before it came to a really strange conclude ending.
Speaker 2: See Okay, yeah he was that close then that would definitely explain a lot. Did your dad put in to effect certain rules after that experience, after he saw that wild man off in the distance.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if he knew the family that what exactly it was, but I know that he was concerned when he heard the word man. You know, he thought somebody might have been on our property that shouldn't have been there. There are a whole lot of no trespassing signs in the area where I grew up, as far as curfews, we had to be home at dinner time.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'm glad you're still able to go out and do all the things you normally did then. And it sounds like it didn't traumatize you. It sounds like you're still interested in going out and joining yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's hard to keep kids down, especially when you have all that acred to play on.
Speaker 2: Well, normally that's the case, but when most kids see a sasquatch, then yeah, that tends to change things. I'm just glad that it didn't affect you that way. Thank goodness for that.
Speaker 1: Well, where you know, we were so busy doing other things, you know, I'm sure we finally soon forgot about the whole incident. Whether we're playing soccer or baseball or fishing. We had all kinds of things to do, so I'm sure the memory of that soon faded had we got active doing other things.
Speaker 2: Well, that's one of the great things about growing up in an environment like that, You can go out and fish and do things out in the outdoors. So yeah, that's one of the reasons why I think that's about the best way to grow up. All right, Todd, please tell us about your dog meting encounter. Now give us every last detail that comes to mind.
Speaker 3: Okay, my dog.
Speaker 1: That experience was in spring of nineteen eighty two, and I was thirteen years old, and some of the kids in school that day, we're talking about one of their parents was going to be out of town or both of their parents were going to be out of town on a I guess a vacation, and so it gave us some of us an opportunity to go to the friend's house where there was going to be no adult supervision. And you know, I always didn't make the best decisions when I was young growing. So I told him i'd be there, and so early that evening, I pulled my bike out of the barn and aired up the tires and staged it by my window where I was going to crawl out of that night, and when my parents and everybody was asleep in my house, I was going to sneak out and go to my friends whose parents were out of town. And uh I did. I did just that. Around midnight, I creeped out I crawled out my window rather and headed in the direction where my friend lived, and there was about four miles up the road, and about halfway on the way there, I was hearing some real, real peculiar sounds, like like some screams and some some uh, just noises that I I didn't normally hear because it was in the middle of the night, and in the middle of the night, I'm you know, in bed usually except for this one night.
Speaker 3: But I didn't let that deter me. So I'm riding to my friend's house.
Speaker 1: And about halfway there, my bicycle tires went flat. The air had come out of them, and uh again, that didn't deter me. And so I'm riding with flat tires the rest of the way to my friend's house.
Speaker 3: And when I finally got there.
Speaker 1: We just, you know, we're just we're having fun without any adult supervision. And that was kind of a kick for me, you know, because it was the first time that I've ever done anything like that. So as things started to wind down, it was about maybe three am, I needed to start heading home. With my bicycle tires being flat, I was gonna be riding. One of the terms is called is rim riding, and that's where you're riding with no air in your tires and then you're just pretty much basically on.
Speaker 3: Your rims of your bicycle. So I started heading.
Speaker 1: Back to my house around three am, and about three quarters of the way there, I had to go up this incline and then down.
Speaker 3: This hill, this pretty steep hill.
Speaker 1: And as I was starting to descend down this hill, I noticed in the proper in the property to the left of me, there's a creek in a small bridge. It's part of the driveway of this estate. And I saw three objects standing like in a little huddle, it seemed like. And and I was making a racket too on these rims on that asphalt road, and I'm sure the noise got their attention, and they at at the same time, all three of these objects that were standing up looked over in my direction, and I thought, Okay, I wasn't that concerned at first because I wasn't sure exactly what it was. I thought maybe it could have been maybe some farmers, because the farmers in our area wake up pretty early, especially to dairy farmers. Uh.
Speaker 3: And then as I started.
Speaker 1: To send down the hill even more, two of the objects ran in the direction I was riding my bike, and then once stayed there, stationed but focused at me, you.
Speaker 3: Know, intent intentively.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: When the two objects ran in my direction, in the direction.
Speaker 1: I was heading, Uh, they cat what I thought was change is they cast out a two long shadows that were ahead of them.
Speaker 3: You know, there was a partial moon that night, and but.
Speaker 1: I wasn't too after that, I wasn't too concerned about those two objects.
Speaker 3: I was made mostly concerned about the one.
Speaker 1: That stayed that was intentively uh, looking in my direction, and they just start to proceed in my direction. And I was pedaling and pedaling as fast as I could. But I knew that this thing was going to head me off so called at the path. So all I could say to do was stop my bicycle and wait for this collisions. You know, almost is what I was thinking. We were going to come to ends, you know, And you gotta you gotta think about this. Okay, I'm on the shoulder of the road and on the other side of the road there was a ditch and then a fence. Okay, this creature, now that I'm thinking this is some kind of creature, came right up to it to approach that fence, that fence line, and all I could think of to do was take my two index fingers and make a cross out of them, okay, and start reciting the Lord's Prayer, because I thought I was a goner. And as soon as I did that, this creature, which now was close enough for me to see what it actually was. It looked like a huge werewold.
Speaker 3: Okay. It's head was like three feet wide.
Speaker 1: I had a snout, it had a harry chess, you know, like like a dog would have, and it had these arms that weren't that big, but they were arms okay.
Speaker 3: And teeth, oh my gosh. The muzzle was just full of teeth.
Speaker 1: And a few of them were really sharp, a nine looking okay from the top and bottom bridge.
Speaker 3: And so I'm.
Speaker 1: Standing there making across out of my two index fingers, saying the Lord's prairie, and it stopped it in its tracks. It's and it was so upset with me when it was screaming at me. I was so close that I was getting spit on my face from this creature's mouth, and not not worrying about where it was, I just started peddling, peddling again in the direction of my house, and you know, you would.
Speaker 3: Think that I would be totally terrified. I was totally terrified, but when I got.
Speaker 1: Home and thought about what had just happened, I felt like I defeated.
Speaker 3: Something that was surely going to kill me.
Speaker 1: So I waited till dawn before I went on to my property because of these two shadow figures that were going in the direction that I was. And I saw these two shadow figures go into my backyard.
Speaker 3: That's why I.
Speaker 1: Waited till dawn before I proceeded onto my property. And once the que started getting bright enough, I went down my driveway, parked my bike into the bushes along near our garage, and I crawled back through my window. And at about six thirty maybe seven am, my brother came into.
Speaker 3: My room and he has to be where have you been, you know?
Speaker 1: And I told him exactly what had happened the night before, and I told him about the werewolf, and he kind of rolled his eyes, and then he told me, you'd better be going to school today. And I told him that after what had happened to me last night and me being up all night.
Speaker 3: There's no way I'm going to school today.
Speaker 1: And I wouldn't call it a luxury, But my parents would leave for work before I would go and catch the bus, so I knew that, and that's how I decided how I wasn't going to go to school that day. And that was my dog experience. But you know, I did feel like I had somehow defeated this thing, you know, with my religious police at the time, and that's my dog man experience.
Speaker 2: Consider how it responded when you revoked it, rebuked it, I should say, do you think that means that it was definitely a demonic entity or something else?
Speaker 3: It had to have been.
Speaker 1: It had to have been, because it's when I did that it stopped it in its tracks, and the anger and theory that it had that it seemed like that it couldn't approach any closer, you know, And I chalked it up to doing.
Speaker 3: You know, and believing in my beliefs and religion that got me through it.
Speaker 2: Were there any other points in that experience where it was close enough to grab you but didn't before you.
Speaker 1: Because I was about maybe fifteen feet from where it was, It couldn't, really, it wasn't. The arms weren't long enough to reach out and grab me. And you know, I I guess the term rebuked it, you know, and I just knew at that time that I had stopped it in its tracks and it wasn't going to proceed any further.
Speaker 2: Well, thank goodness you did that. I'm wondering though most kids, after having experience like that that was so traumatic, they wouldn't even give a second thought ever going outside again to play. But you did. You were still able to go out and play in do normal things that kids would do. What do you think it is about your makeup that enabled you to do that, to handle that experience so well?
Speaker 3: I think that I had repressed the memory.
Speaker 1: You know, when you go through any kind of trauma like that a lot of times and even in my case that you you just repress the memory. And also too, I had a lot of things going on, even at that early age.
Speaker 3: You know, baseball.
Speaker 1: Practice, you know, school exams, you know, a girlfriend or two.
Speaker 3: You know, there was other things on my mind after that, you know, encounter that I thought, probably.
Speaker 1: At the time, were more important than recalling that that experience.
Speaker 2: Well, I can appreciate the fact you had all that going on, But even though you did have all those things going on, the fact that you're still able to go out and be business as usual as a kid. I mean that shows you have a lot of sand. Most kids, even if they had all those things going on, would just be mortified. They just wouldn't even give a second thought ever going back outside to play. But you did, and thank goodness, you dealt with it so well. You deserve a lot of credit for that. You really do.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I have dealt with it that well or you know, because if in fact I had repressed the experience, then I wouldn't have even thought about it at all.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I can appreciate that, but I mean, most people wouldn't have been able to repress it and still be able to live their lives the way they wanted to. But whatever you needed to do to be able to move forward, you did so. Yeah, thank goodness for that. Now, when you said it was about fifteen feet from you when you rebuked it, it was so close that you said blue spit on you. What was it doing with its arms?
Speaker 1: They were just they were docile, you know, there wasn't much of any movement at all. You know, I was more concerned about its mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can understand why you were more concerned about its mouth. How good of a look did you get at its teeth?
Speaker 3: I got a real good look at its teeth. There was almost like it was in three D.
Speaker 1: You know, the big snout, the big nose, and then huge canine and the back teeth.
Speaker 3: You know, they were all there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure they were. Were you able to see if it had one row of teeth or two?
Speaker 3: It had definitely had two rows of teeth and a big tongue.
Speaker 2: Wow. That must have really freaked you out and understand. So was there anything unusual about the spacing of its teeth?
Speaker 1: No, I mean, all I can remember was that they were large, really large. The top row you could see like the uh, the inside, the insiders, and then these huge like cane I.
Speaker 3: T I see.
Speaker 2: The reason why I asked that is some of my witnesses report seeing teeth that look fairly similar to just normal canine teeth, while others say that the teeth looked like what you'd see in the shark's mouth.
Speaker 3: So yeah, or an alligator yeah.
Speaker 2: Or an alligator yeah. So that's why I asked that. I was just wondering about that before we move on. I just want to thank Gabriel Hawkins for your donation. I really appreciated Gabriel. Thank you so much. Moving forward, their Todd, can you think of anything that you might have done that night on that ride home that might have triggered the dog men to come after you?
Speaker 1: Just that I might have interrupted what was going on along that creek with a small bridge that went across it, that I had interrupted them, all right, the dog man which I was referring it to, were wolf and the two other of the two other I don't know what they were today.
Speaker 3: I just know that they were casting really long shadows.
Speaker 1: But I definitely interrupted them with the sounds of my bike riding on the flat tires.
Speaker 3: You know, I was making a racket.
Speaker 2: I wonder what they were doing in the woods there when you came by. I don't think that anything you did triggered them, but then again I wasn't there to know, so yeah, maybe there was something that you did to set them off. But thank goodness, you rebuked that dog me in and the experience ended the way it did. I just hate the fact, like I said, you had to go all this. I mean, no kids should have to deal with that. No adult should. So that's horrible, it really is. You said your friend lived about four miles from you. Was it remote the whole way there or did you have to go through developed areas?
Speaker 3: Now, it was pretty whiral, and there was a property like.
Speaker 1: Every ten sometimes twenty acres, so that's roughly an eighth of a mile to a quarter mile in between.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like it was pretty remote. Then when all this was going on, I know you had a lot on your mind, but can you remember, by chance if all the ambient noises stopped or not.
Speaker 1: Oh when this where Woll screamed at me, I had lost my hearing. It was so loud. So after it had screamed at me, all I could hear was ringing in my ear, and you know, I was all I could think.
Speaker 3: I was great. Now I'm going to have.
Speaker 1: To tell my dad where I was last night and why my hearing's gone.
Speaker 2: Did it take long for that hearing to come back?
Speaker 1: No, it came back. As soon as I got to my property and was waiting for the dawn. I slowly started to get my hearing back.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank goodness, which was.
Speaker 3: A relief for me, because no harm, no foul, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank goodness, that would have caused problems if it didn't. Did you ever get a good enough look at its back to see if it had a tail or not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see a tail. I could see a tail. Even though I had a front of you. I could see its tail. It would have been able to hit on my right.
Speaker 3: And it was a really big tail, really.
Speaker 1: Big like a husky would have a husky dog, but way bigger, but fluffy like that.
Speaker 2: I see. Well, it sounds like you did a really good job noticing details on this dog man. Most people would have shut down and they would have been doing good to know their own name. But you took in a lot, which is admirable. That's impressive. How about its claws? What kind of claws did it have?
Speaker 1: They had huge dog hair like dog hands with big nails by claw, but the arms weren't very long at all.
Speaker 2: From the way you describe it. Oh, I'm sorry, please continue.
Speaker 3: Didn't extend it forward much.
Speaker 2: From the way you describe the claws. Do they have any hooks to them, kind of like a black bear's claws where it looked like they were made for climbing trees or were they street or.
Speaker 3: They were curved.
Speaker 1: They had some curve to them, and it even had like the dew claw, which would be like if I were to take my hands and put them out, they would be the clause would be like where my thumbs are.
Speaker 2: So not only on the back legs, but on its arms as well, on its hands, it had d claws. Yes, I see, Okay, that makes sense for everyone listening in the live chat. If you'd like to start typing out your questions for Todd, please be sure to type them in all caps so I don't miss them before I get to those. Though, we've got a little bit further to go with the questions. Moving on, Todd, in our conversations behind the scenes, you basically the first time we spoke, you gave me the impression that the sasquatch experience I'm going to ask you to tell us about next just might have been more traumatizing to you than what the dogman the encounter was. Is that accurate? Which one was was more frightening for you?
Speaker 3: The Satashquot Society is the big Foot?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I can understand why. When you talked about how it actually affected you and what you did right after you had it, Well, let's get to that one now. Please tell us all the details about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, This would be.
Speaker 1: In the summer of nineteen eighty three and I was fourteen years old and I had go I had gone to the river that day.
Speaker 3: Actually I had.
Speaker 1: Gone to the river, which is a mile from my house, the day before that. But when I got to the river, there was my older my neighbor who was like four years five years older than I was at the time, and he had his girlfriend with him. So once I recognized that, I elected to go back home. So it was the very next day I went back to the river and it was just me. I thought, you know, well, I was hoping that there wasn't going to be anybody else there. As I approached the river, there was this mobile home about fifty yards from where I entered the river, and it was used as like the caretaker of the property was living there and they were an older couple.
Speaker 3: But this this time I was down there.
Speaker 1: It was a newer trailer and the old couple that lived in the trailer before that were gone, and there was a little kid playing with like his little Tonka trucks out out in front, and he saw that I had my towel, and I was in my swim trunck and.
Speaker 3: He said to me, you can't go down there.
Speaker 1: There's monsters down there, and I kind of chuckled, I know, I did chuckle it monsters huh. And then that's when his mother opened the door to the trailer and motioned him inside, and I looked over at his mom. I said, monsters huh. And I was just being jokingly about it. So I proceeded down the fifty yards down to the entrance where I get into the river, and I started walking upstream. Well, I got about maybe twenty yards upstream and on the opposite side of the river where the levee is, some rocks started getting thrown at me and they were being arcd over the levee in my direction, and I actually got hit by one of one of the rocks that I got hit with with about the size of the silver dollar. It hit me in the back. So I automatically fought that day. There were some of my friends that had beat me to the river that day and were trying to push me out. You know, you know how sometimes kids are cruel, and so not wanting to get hit by another rock, I just turned to my right and went up the river bank all into the levee road, which was a two track road. And I was pretty upset at the time, thinking, wow, you know, I thought I had better friends than that, and so I started walking in the direction of that mobile home. And then I turned around and said, you know what, I'm not going to let these guys do this to me. So I turned around and started heading right where I got out of the river. And as I did that, something came up from the river bank that terrified me. It it had a large head and big black marble eyes. I don't remember seeing the ears, but the head was kind of square, it wasn't conical, and it had some hair on it, Okay, kind of like a head of cabbage that was flattened down.
Speaker 3: You know. That's the only way I could explain it.
Speaker 1: And what terrified me the most was the skin color, because at that time I had watched the movie The Extrasist and the actress the name in that movie, her name was Raven, and when she was possessionally had this color the skin that resembled what I.
Speaker 3: Was looking at.
Speaker 1: And every line on this creature's face, whether it be the two laugh lines on either side of its mouth, and all the lines that were on its forehead were a bright red okay.
Speaker 3: Its nose was pug pugged, kind of like.
Speaker 1: A pig snout, but not as big, okay, not like the size of a pig snout, but it was pugged okay. And its mouth with it went almost from from it just went from one side of the face to the other, like it was like.
Speaker 3: A trap, a trap jaw.
Speaker 1: Really big teeth and there were some uh K nine type type teeth that were that were sharp, but like sharp, both on the upper and lower bridge.
Speaker 3: And the chest was really big. And I only saw this thing.
Speaker 1: From uh the upper torso up and and the the winketh of.
Speaker 3: The shoulders were really wide, way wider than mine. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I couldn't determine if this thing was that old or that young, Okay. All I knew is that I thought it was some kind of demon okay.
Speaker 3: And I was so.
Speaker 1: Taken back by this thing that I started back pedaling backwards and I fell, and because I was still wet from getting down of the river, I fell into the two track road which was mostly still There was some sand but mostly silt, and I had this all over my wet body. When I got up and turned to run, my legs felt like they were about two hundred pounds each. They wouldn't move, and so taking my right and left hand on my right leg, I was picking my leg up, get it to move, you know, move forward.
Speaker 3: And finally I got movement in my leg and I.
Speaker 1: Started running to that mobile home that wasn't very far away. And I was banging on this trailer as hard as I could, and my mouth was so dry I could barely get any words out, and I was yelling, please help me, let me in, Please help me. And you know what, I wasn't going to get any help because that lady wasn't going to open her door for me. Now that kid that said you can't go down there, there's monitors down there, well he wasn't lying. They must have known something that I didn't obviously, so I knew that I wasn't going to get any.
Speaker 3: Help from them.
Speaker 1: So I started down the dirt road that I came up on from my street from the asphalt, and when I almost got to the asphalt, I noticed that the irrigation ditches were full, and they're like three foot irrigation ditches. So the only thing that was in between me and the irrigation ditch was a barbed bar fence. So I went in between the barbed wires and got into the irrigation ditch because by now the silt had started drying on me like stucco, so I was just trying to get silt.
Speaker 3: This dried silt off me as fast as I could. And then I don't know what got my.
Speaker 1: Attention, but I looked towards the levee of the river again and I saw this huge.
Speaker 3: Silhouette. I didn't see much detail about.
Speaker 1: All I could see was this big youthe head, the huge rake, the shoulder that were like about four feet wide, big arms, big muscles, a big barrel chest, and from the upper torso where the chested went down to the waist like a tapered and then these two huge legs that looked like they were tree trunks. And in my mind, this is what I heard. I heard, you better get out of here right now before you can't, okay, And it wasn't my voice I was saying this. This was something that wasn't my voice that I was hearing, and so not being able to get all this dry silt off me. I got up and went in between the barbed wires again and back onto the dirt road, which about fifteen yards from the asphalt. And I had put my arms out and my hands up, and it said okay. I said, okay, okay, I'm leaving and terrified, right terrified. There was nothing I could say to rebuke this thing. I heard what I heard, and I believed, I believed it to be true.
Speaker 3: So I left there. I got onto the asphalt road and started heading home. Now, remember I have a mile.
Speaker 1: To walk still, and I got about an eighth of a mile in the direction of my house, and then I heard something approaching on the other side of the road, on the other side of the fence. And I couldn't see it though, but I could. I could hear it approaching, and I.
Speaker 3: Could see it.
Speaker 1: It's football because the weeds that were growing they were moving with the steps of this thing that I can't see. And I jumped out of my out of my skin again. I mean I literally jumped up in the air, scared. And about the same time a farmer came right and by it old farm truck, and I swear if pot farmer had taken a look at me.
Speaker 3: He could tell something was wrong.
Speaker 1: So I kept I kept walking and I and this time I had lost my flip flops.
Speaker 3: Right, So it's summertime.
Speaker 1: And uh, a hot asphalt road is nothing, nothing fun, okay. So I had to walk on the very the very edge of the street where the where the weeds.
Speaker 3: Were growing to keep my feet from burning.
Speaker 1: Finally I made it home, okay, And I must have looked like, uh, looked like hell Okay.
Speaker 3: I was in shock, and uh.
Speaker 1: All I wanted to do was get onto my property, to the back of the house where the spit there was a spickett and a hose and start rinsing off. And not only was I rinsing off this dried silk that was on my body, but I was also were washing off this stink. The stench that I had, and how I described the smell was like the rotting meat, kind of like a skunk, but it wasn't a skunk, but it was pung up like a skunk and the bottom of a garbage can in summertime. And so I rinsed off. And then now I'm left with my swim trunks, which stunk. I'm sure they stunk too, because I went into the barn and I had stripped down and I had shoved my clothes and between a couple of bills of hey that we had left.
Speaker 3: Over from the season before.
Speaker 1: And then I because I didn't want my dad to know that I was at the river, so I hid my swim trunks, and then I went and rinsed off one more time with the spickett, and then I went to the house and then I took and I washed up in the shower, and I like rinsed a louder rints and repeated like twice. Okay, because I didn't on any signs of anything that I had to explain to my dad when he got home from work. I went into my bedroom and I just waited, okay, and still in shock, I'm sure when he came home, he came into my bedroom and to ask me how my day was, and I broke down, and so he sat at the edge of my bed with me, and then I proceeded to explain to him that I was at the river and that I knew I wasn't supposed to be down there, and the reason why I wasn't supposed to be down there is because he had he had given us instructions before because I had gotten cut down there on some barbed wire and I had to get stitched up. So if that was the reason why he told us never to go back down to the river, maybe he did know about something that was.
Speaker 3: Going on, not only on our our property.
Speaker 1: But I just have a feeling my dad knew about these things, especially since we told him about the wild man, and if he believed, if he believed that to be true, maybe that's one of the reasons why he didn't want.
Speaker 3: Us going back down to the river again.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure he could still tell that I was in shock, and you know what, he didn't scold me.
Speaker 3: I didn't get in any kind of trouble.
Speaker 1: He just told me to rest, you know, rest up, okay, because he can tell that I've been through it. Okay, I've been through it, and you know, I never heard anything else about that.
Speaker 3: But very next day.
Speaker 1: Around it was a couple hours before lunchtime, so I'd say, around ten o'clock in the morning, I'm in the garage and our garage door faces our street. I saw two two what looked like government vehicles go down our street. One of them got to the vehicles, and I don't know if they were Bureau of Land Management, but they were newer trucks and they were step side and they looked like Forestreet trucks, but they were painted like forestry trucks.
Speaker 3: And I say they looked like Forestreet trucks because.
Speaker 1: They were well, we'll drive, and they had the skinny tires, you know, and they had these camper shells that had a door in the back where the tailgate would be, and they were painted this bluish gray color.
Speaker 3: And there was two of them, one parked over there.
Speaker 1: Next to my property and the other one kept going straight down the road down towards the river. And I just thought that that looks real peculiar. Those must be government trucks.
Speaker 3: And you know my dad's employment.
Speaker 1: At one time, my dad held credentials with local law enforcement. He went to the FBI academy, he was in the OSI, and he spent some time with the CIA. So when he was in the o SI and for those listeners who don't know what OSI is, its Office of Special Investigations. Now, I don't know if a bigfoot sign constitute constitutes a office a special investigations team to come out. But I for some reason, I believe that my dad might have contacted some of his colleagues and they went to go investigate what had happened to me the day before.
Speaker 2: He just might have been connected. From what I understand, he did something after that day that maybe, so you hopefully wouldn't have any more experiences like that. Please expand on that. For us.
Speaker 1: The followings early summer, or it might have been the early fall of that same year, we had built in swimming pool put in so there would be no more, no reason at all that I would have to go back to the river to cool off. We had our own pool.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Knew what he was doing. Yeah, that worked with me too. I'd spend the whole summer there right by the pool, so.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't say I blame you there. That was a good move. And what in the world's going on with that dead looking sasquatch. I mean, I can understand a lot of adaptations they might have, but having greenish looking skin, bluish greenish looking skin like you'd see on a corpse, that's really hard to understand and wrap your mind around. I just I can't see the advantage to having skin that looks like I just like that. I just wonder why it looked that way. That's so weird.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think I've ever heard of any counter with that colored skin. Usually i've heard that they're like black, they look black or mostly black.
Speaker 2: Yeah, normally that's how it is. But now with that one that you saw, maybe something was wrong with it. It's just hard to know. All we can do is guess on that. Well, let's get to some of the questions from the live chat here. The first one is a general question from Christi Anne. She wants to know if dog men have rabies. Well, that's something we can only guess at. Mammals can get rabies, but our dog men just run to the mill mammals. I mean, there are a lot of things that point soundly towards them not being just typical flesh and blood creatures that are out there trying to scratch out a living. There is a lot of evidence that points towards them possibly having demonic ties. We don't know that for sure, but if that's a case, I don't think that rabies is even a consideration for them. This next question is from Gabriel Hawkins and Gabe wants to know, Vic, whatever happened to the guest who was in a coma?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: That really is a sad situation there. That's the eyewitness I was telling you guys about maybe four or five months ago. I think it was where what that guy went through as a kid, he had a dog men come up and do something horrible to him. I don't want to go into the details in case he does pull out of his condition, his illness. I'm not sure if he's even alive now. The last time I checked in on him, his mother responded to my text and let me know that he was still in the coma, a medically induced coma, I believe it was. I thought about reaching out again, but I was kind of afraid to because what if she lost him, lost her son, and then here's this stranger asking questions. I was hoping he would have recovered from it, but I really don't know. For that reason, I can't tell you. The next question is from Michigan meat eater, and his question is how close do you live to this area now? And have you had any other strange experiences or noises as an adult.
Speaker 1: Since then? I moved to southern California. My parents sold a ranch and I hadn't heard any strange noises like that, and I live in the city limits of San Diego.
Speaker 2: Well, thank goodness you haven't had any other experiences. Hope it stays that way. Carlito's Way ninety three CC wants to know what color eyes did it have?
Speaker 3: They had big black, marble looking eyes.
Speaker 2: Were they kind of like the sharks? Or did you see some whites around.
Speaker 3: Them like a shark? That's a good way to explain.
Speaker 2: It, okay, I see. The next one on deck is from Anne Console and Ian wants to know, Todd, are you an identical twin or for eternal?
Speaker 1: I'm a paternal We're called mirror twins. I'm right handed and my twin is left handed. It's like looking into a mirror.
Speaker 2: Wow, I never heard of that before. Well that's interesting. And speaking of your twin, I need to see if I can get a hold of him. That'd be a great way to get some dirt on you, to get some good stories, wouldn't No, I wouldn't do that to you for all you know. Let's see the next question is from Andre's Carasales, and Andres wants to know did anything seem off before or after the encounter?
Speaker 3: This morning?
Speaker 1: Well before the dog man encountered, I was, uh, while I was pedaling to my friend's house, I was hearing sounds along the river bank, because we're where the encounter took place. The river was about it was about, uh, maybe a half a mile from the street that I was on, and I was hearing some really strange sounds. But I was just I was had a one track mine to get to my friend's house where there was no adult supervision. You know, I wasn't gonna let the really strange noises sidefacked me.
Speaker 2: Wow, you were a tough kid, that's for sure. Yeah, that would have derailed a lot of kids, no doubt about that. This next question is from d Truth and D wants to know. Hello, Vic and Todd. Any idea on the height and weight of the dog man? Also, did you smell anything?
Speaker 3: I didn't smell anything, but I went. I would think it was it was about.
Speaker 1: The height probably could have been like close to seven feet and the way I would guess that, I don't know, close to two hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: Wow, I fill seven feet tall and only two hundred pounds. It must have been a stick figure. Almost.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't that. It wasn't that. It wasn't that that thin. Now you know, it had a like a fur hair.
Speaker 1: Reminded me of a huge German shepherd, but more wolf like, more.
Speaker 3: Uh were wolf like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds like it sounds like a good description. Bang Bang wants to know if it had five fingers like a human hand, and you addressed that. You said that it had dew claws, So if it had new claus, did it have any kind of a protruding thumb on the side of its wrist or hand or was it just a claw?
Speaker 3: It looked like huge paws and.
Speaker 1: I was explaining that do claw as if we had our hands out and thumbs. That's what I was uscribing the claw as I see.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds like that's I'm pretty funky looking paws or hands. The next one up is from Project Skyfalls, and they want to know what color was the dog man.
Speaker 1: Since it was night, all I could see was a dark colored coat.
Speaker 2: Well, like I said, yeah, so much in your mind. You're doing good to know what your name was. You handled it a lot better than most people would have, but it's natural that you'd still be affected by it. Who wouldn't be, so it's understandable there. The next question is from Fred Caserta, and Fred wants to know what color worthy eyes. You told us they were black, but he also wants to know what did the pupils of the dog man look like.
Speaker 3: I don't remember seeing any pupils.
Speaker 2: Some eyewitnesses report noticing them. A lot of eyewitnesses don't, so that doesn't make any different from a lot of other eyewitnesses. This next question is Nadine Smith and Nadine Hey. Nadine, she wants to know what color were the eyes of the dog men. You said that those were black, but the second part of her question you didn't answer. She wants to know did they seem intelligent like they were assessing you?
Speaker 3: Yes, I did believe that because.
Speaker 1: When I was approaching it.
Speaker 3: It was really upset. It seemed like it was really upset.
Speaker 1: Really pissed off, and so it started running towards me and there was some kind of some kind of intelligence there that it was out to get me.
Speaker 2: Well, I can only imagine all the things that are going through your mind at the time. Like I said, I'm going to be the dead horse here. You deserve so much credit for holding this together, holding everything together so well, because most people have just fallen to pieces. Audisia Samber wants to know, did the dog man or did the dog men visit you in dreams? Or do you feel like you had any type of mental or telepathic connection with it? Thank you.
Speaker 1: I've never had any dreams of this terrifying, terrifying experience, and.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there was a connection.
Speaker 1: I mean, the only connection that I could think of is that I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how most of these encounters are. Some people think that they did something that called the encounters down upon them and that's why they had them. But in most cases, that's what it boils down to, you just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it's no more complicated than that. The next one is from Anne Conseil, and Ian wants to know, Todd, did the dog me and mind speak with you?
Speaker 1: No, it didn't, but I had the impression that it wanted to brit me, to shreds and kill me.
Speaker 3: I thought I was a dead little teenager.
Speaker 2: Oh I bet you did. But then again, that's for most doug men they want you to think that that's what they're out to do, to rip you apart, But surprise, surprise, most eyewitnesses get away. The overwhelming majority of eyewitnesses walk away without a scratch, because in most cases, these guys are just looking to torment you and not actually rip you to pieces. There's a reason behind everything they do, and they're so smart they realize that if they do kill a person, then the whole area is going to be flooded with authorities and it's going to be a big mess. So it's no surprise they don't kill eyewitnesses except for once in a true blue moon. The next question for you is from Red Edged Savage. He wants to know did you ever get the feeling that it knew what you were thinking or projected thoughts to you?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think that, because.
Speaker 1: If it did, it probably wouldn't approach any further than did because, uh, you know, my quick wittedness rebuked him with holding my two.
Speaker 3: Index fingers up like a cross, you know. And I believe.
Speaker 1: Maybe if and it didn't approach any further than it did. And uh uh, I believe maybe if it did know that, it wouldn't have come my way.
Speaker 2: It really makes me wonder if it was just the words when you rebuked it that had the desired effect, or if you're holding those index fingers up like you said you did, if that even played. I'm sure, Well you might be right. You just might be right. You were there and none of us were, so you'd have the best idea on what did work and what didn't. Let's go for the next question. This one is from Andras Carazalees, and he wants to know where the two other beings affected by the prayer or was it just the dog man?
Speaker 1: No, because they started running in the direction that I would going before the dog man approached. So the two other objects, teas or whatever they were, immediately started heading in the direction that I was going before the dog man started it approach to me.
Speaker 2: I see, well, it goes with us saying that encounter could have ended a heck of a lot worse than it did. I think you had about the best ending you could have possibly hoped for. Thank goodness for that. Ian Conzell wants to know did either the dog man or Bigfoot have a bad odor.
Speaker 1: After the bigfoot encounter, the one at the river where I thought it could have been some kind of demon. Before today I realized I believe it was a big foot did have an odor. It was a really strong punch it oder punch it like a skunk, But it wasn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't skunky smelling.
Speaker 1: It was like, like I said, like rotten meat and the bottom of.
Speaker 3: A garbage can in the summertime. Anybody knows what that smells like.
Speaker 2: You told us about how after you got back you hit those clothes because of them smelling so bad. They probably stink to this day when they want to put that stink out. They're a masterful at it.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. But yeah, they smelt for a while.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they did. I don't doubt that at all. This next question is from Summer ne zero seven and the Summer wants to know, Todd, is this the first time you're sharing your dog man slash bigfoot encounter? And did any of your friends or family ever share any encounters with you if they've had any? We believe you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Oh, thank you. Now, this isn't the first time I recanted my or told my experience with the dog Man featured on Vick's I witnessed bigfoot I've witness Radio last week, and I mentioned that that encounter.
Speaker 2: And that show is doing really well, by the way, so that you know. But then again, like I told you, you did such a masterful job sharing your experiences. It's really no wonder it's not. The next question is from man Console and Ian wants to know, Todd, do you think the government knows about dog men?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do. I firmly believe that I think the government.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the government knows about a lot of things that we're talking about today.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, I wouldn't be surprised if they have one of these things in a cage. Now, as far as dog men go, I'm not sure that all of them do have demonic qualities, if any of them actually do, of course, we don't know that definitively. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have some dog men in the cage and are able to really study them so they know premature everything about them, with all their resources and abilities, wouldn't surprise me in the least. Let's get another question up here. This one's from summer n O seven, and she wants to know did you see any strange lights before your encounters happened.
Speaker 3: No, I did not.
Speaker 2: Some my witnesses due some my witnesses don't. Most don't, but some do for whatever reason. Bang Bang wants to know, Todd, please elaborate on the reason the smell got on you.
Speaker 3: I just believe that I was that close, so close to.
Speaker 1: It, that that the smell had permeated around me.
Speaker 3: You know I was that close.
Speaker 2: Yeah. With the way they can stink, you don't have to be all that close with that smell too on you. So it's no wonder it did get on him. Gabriel Hawkins wants to know, Vic, when will you do another Q and A with us listeners. I'm not really sure. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do another Q and A, but maybe I'll do one before too long. I try to just bring on new eyewitnesses and maybe to mix things up, do a Q and A or some other type of show once in a blue moon, but don't really have one in the plan says of right now, so I'm not really sure. This next question for you is from ben youtubing, and they want to know question for Vic, how did you become such an expert on the dog Man and other cryptids. Well, number one, there are no experts on dog men or any other cryptids. What I know about dogmen is from a ridiculous amount of exposure to eye witnesses. I mean I've spoken with thousands upon thousands of them. If you speak with thousands upon thousands of people who have had direct interactions with grizzly bears, example, well, if you keep your ears open, you're going to learn a tremendous amount about them. So it's basically the same thing. But instead of talking about grizzlies, here talking about dog men. I hope that answers that question. And he wants to know, do you have your own episode if you go to a channel on YouTube called sawdust Beast. I was interviewed on there and I talked about my sasquatch encounters or possible sasquatch encounters there, including one that happened right around forty five years ago where I think I had one thousand pounder just literally feet behind me when I was deer hunting. So yeah, I recommend you go check that out. This next question for you is from t Bone, and I guess another question directed towards me. Let's try to keep all the questions focused on the guest here, on Todd and not on me. I'll answer this one though. It says vic I recall you mentioning you've seen footage of dog Man. Yes, I have rather close up on trail cams. Yeah, definitely have that as well. But have you seen any pictures or videos circulating online that you believe to be authentic? Yes, I most definitely have seen pictures circulating around the Internet that are definitely authentic. Pictures that have been shared with me that were really impressive photos, and then maybe a year or two later, I'd see it pop up online and then before you believe it, they were taken down. Sometimes a person who posted it was just gone. I don't know if they caught any blowback for posting that picture. But like I've said countless times, if you make the mistake of going public with any evidence about these things that's too good, there's definite blowback. The government does not want that. So I plan on doing what I do for a long time, helping the eyewitnesses. If I didn't know better, and if I made the mistake of putting evidence out there for public consumption that was above a certain level of even I wouldn't be allowed to help the eyewitnesses. I disappear as well, and I'm not going to make that mistake or let that happen. Let's move on to the next question. This question is from Red Edged Savage, and he wants to know, Todd, could you tell if it had legs like a human in basic shape?
Speaker 1: It had legs like a dog, you know, anine. You know, they were bent and it was walking up right.
Speaker 2: I'm still so impressed by all the details that you noticed about that thing. Yeah, it's almost like you were a trained observer. You did a really good job. Like I told you before several times.
Speaker 3: Well, I call it like I see it. You know.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a good way to be and a good thing to do. That's all you can do. Mary's got the next one. She wants to know, did your father have a talk with you about what he knew or if he ever shared with you what he did It work.
Speaker 1: You know, especially with the OSI, and definitely with the CIA, and some things that he learned in the when he went to the FBI Academy. He hasn't divulged too much of the FBI Academy, but we my brother and I got to talk to him on Christmas Day and he says that he told us that he's writing a book and he's so hopefully he's going to disclose some of the things he was never able to tell us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's probably so much that he wasn't allowed to tell you if he actually was connected. That's just that goes with the territory. It does. The next question is from Nausea fourteen, and Nausea wants to know, I'm horrified that people in the mobile home ignored your plea for help. Did you ever encounter them again? And I agree, Naja, that's horrible. Shame on them.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I was screaming on at deaf ears, you know, and I felt really I felt really upset at you know, after I got home, and to question why wouldn't they open the door, you know, and help me? And the only answer that I can come up with is that you know, they knew what was down there, and they want to get pulled into any kind of controversy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but still they could have caused a little kid to be killed out there because of their inaction, the refusal to let you in. Shame on them. I don't care what their concerns were you were in dire need of assistance and they just turned the cold shoulder. So, you know, like I said, shame on them. Looks like Fred Caserta has the last question of the night. He wants to know did the dog man or sasquatch breathe heavily?
Speaker 1: When the dog man screamed on me, screamed at me so loud and so hard that the hair on my head was being blown back and I was getting spit on my face from this creature's mouth.
Speaker 3: What was the question about Bigfoot?
Speaker 2: Well, he was wondering if they're breathing heavily, the dog men or sasquatch, if they're breathing heavily like they're out of breath, like they'd been running. No, no, yeah, that's another one of those things where some dog men do that when they encounter I witnesses, and others don't. Others you don't hear them breathe for the most part. So yeah, there's no rhyme nor reason on that. Well, before we get out, if you're Todd, do you have any closes in comments you'd like to put out there for us?
Speaker 3: I just wanted to.
Speaker 1: Thank the host you Vick and the people that were tuned in tonight with their great questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did do a great job, a lot of really good questions. Well, having said that, Todd, I can't thank you enough for coming on sharing the details of these experiences with us. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh you know you're welcome. Thanks again so much for your time, and have a great night. All right, everybody, before we get out of here, just a couple of things. Don't forget tomorrow night special live stream episode of the show where Cam's going to come back on and bring all of us up to speed and all these crazy things that have been happening. And the second part is if you've had a Dogman encounter of your own and will like to come on the show and share it with the listeners, or maybe you don't have an interest in coming on the show, maybe you just need help dealing with it, coming to terms with it, and neither case, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com submit a report, and if you do that, then I'll be more than happy to schedule a phone consultation with you so we can find out what's ailing you and get you back to good and by the way too. If you've had a sasquatch sighting and we'd like to be a guest on my bigfoot Sighting via my Bigfoot Sighting podcast that I produce also in addition to Dogman Encounters here, please go to my Bigfoot Sighting dot com submit a guest request, and I'll reach out to you to get that set up. So, having said all that, thanks again so much for listening to everyone, and have a great night.