Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM sixty on demand.
Speaker 2: Mike, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 1: Hello, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm well, Mike. How can I help you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: There's two questions. I know Biblically, to be absent from the body is to be in the presence of the Lord. Once we passed away, Christians and believers, he accepts us if anything, through grace, that we are accepted to heaven. Two questions, going back from day one on New Year calendars, going back to follow thirteen, fourteen hundred and all that stuff. Millions and billions and billions of people have passed away and died. And number one isn't Heaven getting ele bit crowded up there like a four or five on a Friday night. And then number two reading a lot of it. Maybe here's I don't know, George Nori. He has special people talking. But I've heard a lot that once we pass away, we go into a spiritual worm while we go through a learning process or a period of time. I heard some say that it's up to this old spirit if we want to come back into different body and go through this whole thing again, or we can just stay up in heaven. It says that most people prefer to come back, and then they said, you do come back, you don't remember what you did before. You know, once around, there's enough this life right now. I'm ready and I'm done. I don't want to go through the getting fill. Remember your view on both of those places.
Speaker 2: Okay, First of all, there's room for ten more people in heaven. I'm just kidding. That would be horrible. No, there's plenty of rohim. Heaven does not have the walls and the restrictions of time and space the way you think of them. Here, there is no limitation. I didn't make it, and in say, oh my gosh, I invited all these people. I didn't think they were all going to make it. It's not a situation like that. So no worries there. There is there is no limit to where somebody will be left out that believes.
Speaker 3: But isn't it I mean, but if there are all these people and not people, I say, but souls and spirits going around and have and I know the soul in spirits like many skill as far as a waiting of course or whatever.
Speaker 2: But still isn't it does not it does not take up space. You're applying human restrictions and attributes of this world to the next, and there is none at a time. There's no time continuum, there's no spatial concerns. It is not the same way in the same sense at all, in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 3: So there could be sillion people, it wouldn't matter right now, and Christ and God would still be in control over all of that.
Speaker 2: Yep, wouldn't matter.
Speaker 3: That's what was going on on earth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't. It doesn't matter, doesn't There is no limitations there now. As far as the second question.
Speaker 3: Before your justice side person, I appreciate card do have a very brief, brief third question about the healing practices of evangelists. Since very brief, if I may ask to have to answer this other question, sure, sure, Okay, See, after being reborn, not being able to remember, going through a learning podcast, coming back.
Speaker 2: Again, that's not Christianity that you You had quoted some verses earlier in Corinthians and in Hebrews. You loosely paraphrase them about uh. In Corinthians about is to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. But it also says in he Is that you're it's appointed for men to die once and then the judgment. So there is no there's no place for what is referred to as the sumsorrow, that cycle of life. There is no place for reincarnation. Reincarnation was never in scripture. Uh, there's no place for it. It doesn't fit and uh and and so that doesn't make sense with Christianity.
Speaker 3: Even though the George No, I know, he's a little not out there body, he does have inners and people that he So it's basically this.
Speaker 2: Is once we're done, that's George Nori is a lovely man, a very smart man, and he does have very interesting guests on Coast to Coast, I am, but but his his job and his focus is not the same as the focus of the show. So so he's looking at things from a broader spectrum than this program is. We're very focused on the Christian Judeo Christian presupposition and the Christian theology and specifics, so we obviously have a different point and when it comes to that, So in this particular case, there is nothing in scripture that allows for that reincarnation and there's no need for it. Now, there can be those that argue our Catholic brothers and sisters argue that there is a purgatory, but there's different but there's different beliefs in that that has changed throughout the years as well as to what that means and what's taking place. But as far as mainstream Christianity or Protestantism, they differ. So mainstream Christianity, do you put Catholicism in Protestant in that same basket they're going to They're going to differ, So keep that in mind. There is differences very quickly so we can make sure that we're fair to everyone else. You had one more question you wanted to.
Speaker 1: Ask, Yes, just really very quick.
Speaker 3: The known evangelist Katherine Coleman probably most probably known other a local evangelists with the healing powers. They went to a Catholic church, going up on stage for print everything. I mean, they didn't even touch me yet I felt at people, my wife and other friends. They said he was presults anyone near me and I just supposedly felt under the spirit other places where I went up actually felt this presence for you just I mean, it's like just falling backwards. How what is that manifest? And are is really true of I want to say, I won't to say heals, but the presence of falling under what they call pulling in the spirit. I don't get that. I mean, I get it, but how's that explained?
Speaker 2: That? It depends because and this is not specifically speaking about anyone who refers to themselves as a faith healer, A lot of that is garbage, a lot of it into theatrics and whatnot and psychology that takes place during a group experience like that. That doesn't mean that it can't take place. Of course, there are gifts of the spirit that do take place, and there are healings that could take place to this day. But that is God's will, not the will of an individual or their ability. God will speak through somebody like a prophet, and God will heal through somebody like a healer, but it's not done in the theatrical way the way it often is betrayed in Christianity. Across the board, there are many of those that act as if they are faith healers, and really it's an amount of theatrics and people get caught up in something the same way you can watch a movie that you know is absolutely fake that it is actors that you've seen many times before you can start to cry or get angry or be thrilled by the outcome because emotionally having experience with those other people in the theater while watching something.
Speaker 1: So you have to be.
Speaker 2: Careful as to what your experience is. Your experience should always be lining up with scripture and the things of God, and it should never be to the glory of an individual other than God. You shouldn't have to pay for such a thing. These types of things should be thought of before you go and experience on things, because they can be quite emotional and you can catch you up in that kind of overall attitude and excitement, and you can think that it's spiritual when it's just psychological. Something to think about, brother, and not be lost in that. Trisha, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 4: Hi, Jesus Hi.
Speaker 2: How can I help you?
Speaker 4: Well, my husband and I have been together for twenty five year years since we're eighteen, and we had ten years ago we had preemie twins and they had a lot of health problems, but you know, we worked through it. And I'm a real nervous person, and through this whole thing with the twins, there was a lot of life and death issues as far as like open heart surgeries and stuff like that, and things seemed like they were getting by, or my kids were healthy and stuff, but then my husband got diagnosed with cancer, and ever since then, I have just I don't know. I can't I can't come to terms with the fact that I feel like everything that I had hoped for and worked for that it's just not ever going to be the same now and I'm always here. I see almost everything now like I'm petrified even if my get a cold, that they're going to die.
Speaker 2: And like Tricia, that that's no way to live your expectations. Expectations really can be the demon of everything to It's good to have hopes, it's good to have desires, but if you get to a place where where those overshadow everything else, Tricia, and your life becomes this drawing or cartoon of what you expect, you will never appreciate and see what you have in front of you. And that's a huge concern of mine. Don't get lost in that, Tricia. I know that you're going through pain, I know that you have problems, and there are things that you can tackle, but if you start to try and nerf the world and make everything so it has no sharp edges, or that there's not ever going to be a problem that you will lose sight of the preciousness of the life that you have and the people that are in it don't lose sight of that, not for some hope, some kind of make believe this is what I thought I was going to have. Enjoy what you do have, Nancy, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 4: Hi do this.
Speaker 5: I have a question. I am looking for verses about the age of accountability.
Speaker 2: There aren't really any if you're looking about something specifically talking about the age of accountability. It's more theorized by most and some many don't believe that it exists at all. But religiously people use them or theologically people use that term usually to say there's different schools of thought. Some of them will say, well, a child will automatically go to heaven if they're below a certain age or the age of accountability, which really is a sliding scale to begin with, because there are children at very young ages that understand and comprehend many things, and then there are others that get older and maybe slightly slower and don't understand things. There are religious tradition that say that the age of accountability is twelve or thirteen because they reference that my first readings in scripture come around that time, or certain things like this. So people will make kind of arbitrary lines saying, well, it has to be this, has to be that. But as far as scripture specifically saying an age of accountability, no, But there is talk that people will come to the knowledge of the difference, the difference between sweet and bitter, and as some people say, well, that may be alluding to the concept of truth versus that which is false, But no one verse that you're going to come across. That's why it is a topic that's continually argued to this day. Is there a particular reason you ask.
Speaker 5: I was just trying to give some hope to somebody who doesn't believe, who believes that if a three year old dies today, they're going to.
Speaker 1: Go to hell.
Speaker 2: Well, there's no reason to believe that either. I mean, there's there and there. The argument kind of goes it does tie into that, and there's people. They go back and forth and they quote Proverbs twenty eleven that talks about even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, whether it be right. There are those that will talk about Matthew Mark and I think this also in Luke eighteen sixteen, where it says suffer little children and forbid them not to come to me for such as the kingdom of Heaven. And people look at that and say, obviously Christ is talking there about the children being in heaven. And this is an argument that goes back and forth. This is a place where really faith comes in and you have to trust that when the ugliness of something like a child dying takes place, that God, God has a way of balancing these things out. That really accountability and salvation is based on acceptance or rejection, not ignorance, and that's where the confusion sometimes lies. Ken, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 6: Hi. When I was eight years old, I was at a Christian camp swimming in a lake and I watched the boy drown right in front of me.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 6: It was a horrible, dramatic incident that changed my life forever. And now I take it to being an adult. I'm forty years old now and I decided to have my daughter baptized about two weeks ago, and I get the directions to the lake, and my daughter's very excited, and I'm very excited to have her baptized. And I drive in and it's the same lake that I watched a boy drown when I was exactly her age, and I kind of relived the whole incident again and I was devastated. I mean, the odds of this happening. Of all the places that I could have had my daughter baptized, it was exactly the same place that I watched this happen. And you know, I didn't know why this was going on. I had mixed feelings about it. Maybe I shouldn't do it, Maybe it's cursed. Is this really what God's plan is is to use this lake? And you know I decided that, you know, this wasn't about me anymore. This is about my daughter accepting Jesus Christ in her life. And I explained to her what happened, and we decided to do it. But I was wondering if there's any significance to this at all.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell your first. I'm very proud of you because you pushed through it. The enemy had you at every turn on that one. He would have loved nothing more than you to turn that car around and not have your daughter baptized. It would have been a huge victory in his eyes. And you push through it. There are a lot of things that are going to take place. You drive on roads every day that people have lost loved ones on. Every day. You've gone to hospitals where people have died. You've gone to restaurants where people have been have gotten sick, or might have choked on something. Death is a part of life. It's everywhere. But you need to see the significance of the instance and what's taking place, rather than the fact that there's a history of something. Now, if that child died because there was something in that water, I wouldn't blame you, but because of a freak accident or someone dying to not use you know, there's reason that it's the same place. This particular church or churches in general in that area may use this. For you said it was a Christian camp or and now it's a Christian baptism that there is. You know, it's a body of water in the area. It's normal for it to be used in different purposes. But what I want you to take from this is the fact that things aren't evil unto themselves. There isn't an evil thing in the world. Evil is when morally neutral things have bad relationships. So for instance, when a child is unattended or doesn't swim well, water can be evil in the relationship between that person and the water and they can drown. But in a baptism that's controlled and there are people around to watch and it's done structurally, it can be a beautiful thing about the awakening of someone's spirit and the acknowledgment of their faith. So likewise, if someone broke into your house heaven forbid, with a gun, that's a bad thing. But if right behind them, law enforcement broke into your house with a gun, that's a good thing. And so I want you to stop, you know, not to see this lake as something good or bad. It was depending on how it was experienced, that was good or bad. But the lake itself is not evil and it isn't cursed or anything like that Situationally, it's very sad that you had to witness that at such a young age or at all, and it's going to be, you know, an indelible mark on your life forever. But I hope that it will be equally as indelible the moment and the beauty of watching your daughter being baptized and confirm her place and her heart for God in front of all those people that too should have power. Wouldn't you say?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that just I just can't believe it. And it's you know, some good has come of it, because I decided to be a paramedic after that for obvious reasons. So it did change my life forever. But it also you know, after her being baptist baptized, I'll never forget that day.
Speaker 7: In my life.
Speaker 6: That was a day that just stood out to me and I felt that, you know, God was talking to me that day. It just was a really strange thing to go through.
Speaker 2: And what was he saying.
Speaker 6: He was saying, to let this go. He was saying, don't harbor any guilt. It wasn't my fault. You know, I was a child and I and I didn't rescue him. I I panicked.
Speaker 2: But you didn't have the ability to rescue him, right, I didn't, So it can't be your fault.
Speaker 6: Right, And I and I it took a long time to realize that it wasn't my fault. And but you know, just to let it go, I mean, just to say goodbye to him to pray for him, and I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was just a.
Speaker 6: Really difficult thing to go through. And being a paramedic, I've seen people drown and been on the other side of it too. It was just a really strange day.
Speaker 2: I want you to take all those the physical things and seeing someone lose their life obviously very potent. Scripture says do not fear those that can kill the flesh, but those that can kill the spirit. And I want you to think about all those people that are drounding spiritually every single day because no one wants to do anything about it. They're embarrassed to share their faith or whatever it might be. And the situation you're describing is that you immediately grew into a person who said, you know what, I want to know what to do and became a paramedic. What you witnessed with your daughter was you know, the symbolism of baptism is the death and the burial and the resurrection as they come up out of the water. And I think all of that imagery is very powerful, but what you do with it is up to you. You know, the same knife you may use for a tracheotomy, an emergency tracheotomy is the is a knife that could be used to kill somebody. And to not put value positive or negative on these things, the water, the knife, any of these things, but to see them as proper usage and improper usage. And what you got. You've got to see both in the same body of water, and you got to see both sides of the beauty of that water and the power of that water in the sense of that it could take a life, but to dwell on it or somehow let it weigh you down when it's abviously been a positive or productive in your life, piece of your life, because you've taken it and said I'm going to do something good with it, you have to let You have to let the power of that lake or the mystery of that lake go away. But you don't have to forget what took place there. You don't forget what you learned there. You don't have to forget the life. But you couldn't do anything. And guilt is irrelevant, It doesn't mean anything. It has no benefit in this particular case. And I think that you should enjoy the beauty of what your daughter went through and that that should be a significant part of your life, equally as significant as the death that you witnessed, because if you really believe what it says in scripture, it says that the fear is not in the flesh being lost, but the spirit being lost. And so you were able to sit there and watch your daughter come into a new life in Christ. And that's a very powerful and wonderful thing. I'm sorry that you went through that experience, but it's obvious that it has done something and meant something in a way that has become very very productive in your life. That glorifies God. The other gives the enemy Total Foothold Dale, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 1: Hello Jesus Hi Dale. I'm first time caller I have listened to for quite some time.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome, How can I help you?
Speaker 7: I was married to who to whom I perceived as my actually my soulmate at a young age.
Speaker 1: I was actually twenty and she was she's eighteen. We were blessed with with my with with the daughter and fleet and then two other sons after that. Married for fourteen years and worked so hard to build a good life and all my plans for the future and all all the plans that I thought God had and sore for me were there and it was probably, I mean, the utmost happiest time of my life. And I had you know, it was fairly successful in the field that I was in at the time. I actually put my wife, my ex wife never worked because we wanted her to be with the children as much as possible and daily.
Speaker 2: I hate to rush you, but because as a time, is there a question.
Speaker 1: That you have yeah, been divorced. She she she had, she committed an adultery, had an affair on me for a year and when I found this out, it broke me more than than I mean, I've never been able to get over this. And this is four years ago now and it's still like it was yesterday. Will the pain ever stopped? I mean, I have to watch another man raise my children? Mhm, how does someone will? I still have yet to know. I do not know how to deal with this.
Speaker 2: Shale, hold on tight. I have some thoughts for you. Just after this break, we were talking with Dale. Dale, You're still there, I am, okay. So you said that this woman you felt was your soulmate, and you get married young, you have children, she has an affair, and now she's with someone else and they're raising your children.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she she she married the man that she was in an affair with and they actually have a child now together. And do you have it seems that all I do is I'll live for I see my children every two weeks. That's what you know. They that's that's what they said that I mean, that's all I could do.
Speaker 2: Dale, Do you drink it?
Speaker 1: All I did? I did?
Speaker 2: But you're cleaning sober now? Excuse me, you're cleaning sober now?
Speaker 1: Not quite?
Speaker 2: Not quite? And what is not quite? Mean?
Speaker 1: There are times when I when I would do anything to kill.
Speaker 2: You know that that's not productive and it won't help you see those children.
Speaker 1: As absolutely, and I am a Christian and but and I know that that's not the right thing. Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you drinking today at all?
Speaker 1: No? I'm not?
Speaker 2: Okay. Good, that's a good start, so Dale, when it when it comes to relationships, you get two people. Obviously, you both have a say, and you both can take the You know, you can either positively move in one direction together, or you can move in two different directions. Chances are, if we parsed your whole relationship, when we looked back, there was a time when you saw signs of maybe she not being the right one. Then people bring children into the equation. All of that. We don't have time for that. But what I do want to tell you is that if you live in the bowl of just staring at that circumstance she's married and she's moved on, you won't be able to dig yourself out at all. If you get to a place where you're bettering yourself, you're not you know, getting into the hoots, you're not drinking, you're being productive, and you're finding ways to I would encourage you to help others, and there's programs for people that have been cheated on and things like that that you can go into and talk and find out the things that people have gone through and how they've pushed themselves through it. Prayer and church and all these things play a part of all this. Then you can move forward yourself and find you know, that happiness or a partner in life. But if you're going to focus on the past, on the program a lot of times, and I know pain is difficult to get through, but there's a limit. There's a certain amount of pain that comes from the experience, and then the rest is you putting it on yourself. And I like in the past to driving. And when you're driving, you have a rearview mirror, but you use the rearview mirror only to move forward right, to change lanes, to make sure that you're driving safely. But you would never drive staring in the rear view mirror, wouldn't you, Because if you if you just stared at the rearview mirror, you'd crash right absolutely, And that's what you're doing right now. You're driving staring in the rearview mirror.
Speaker 1: So and I don't want to. I want to move forward, I really do.
Speaker 2: So today you need to. You need to start and actually have a process, whether it's setting up time to go to church and be constructive there. You need to find a charity or something where you can put your time into helping others, not wallowing in your own pain. And you need to dedicate yourself to those things and continue to build up your wants and desires in life and the things that make you you dale so that you'll be attractive to somebody. But somebody who's wallowing, who's boozing it up, is not going to to be attractive to any woman. That's going to be good for you. You gotta clean yourself up. Your daddy and you're a child to God, and you got to clean yourself up. And then women will come and you'll build your life and fulfill it by yourself, and then you'll be ready for another partner. But to sit in the pain isn't going to help. And that's the best I can tell you. It's about you applying that now.
Speaker 6: Kf I am six on demand