Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: So great to be back with you. Wow. Thanks to everybody.
Speaker 1: Who filled in last week. I know they did a spectacular job. I was shocked the key card work today. But christ Burton, Brown, George, Heidi, and so many others, and we'll get to everybody throughout the show, but hope to keep everybody in the mix as we move forward. I think it's just great to have all of those voices eight five five for zero five A two to five five, the number text d an five seven, seven thirty nine, and such smart and talented and accomplished people as well. Glad you are here, Ryan, Thanks to you and Kelly for holding down the fort last week as well. I was in a jury trial representing the most amazing people and beautiful Douglas County, Colorado, and what a great job they do at that Douglas County Courthouse. I mean, it is always such a joy to go there and trycase. And we've tried a lot of jury trials. There are now serious injury cases in Douglas County and just you know, from the people in security to obviously everybody involved in the court staffs et cetera. It's just a tremendous place to go and trycase. People at Douglas County should be very proud of their system and very grateful to a wise, thorough jury which rendered, you know, a very very meaningful award to these amazing humans I represented, and so if.
Speaker 3: I made in yes, sir, okay, this is coming from me, and I've known you for some time now, six years you have.
Speaker 2: I've not known you to lose.
Speaker 4: I've not known you to lose.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying what I'm what I am saying is when there's I don't know whoever you're combating in the courtroom, whether that's an insurance ages whatever, if they see on the dock at dan Caplis Law, it's like nineteen eighty six seeing Mike Tye and yeah on the marquet and you know what.
Speaker 2: Could we get a DIF for an example, maybe just a little different exactly, But.
Speaker 1: Thank innent that that's very kind of you, Thank you, and it listen. We were privileged to get another seven figure jury verdict, seven in a row, as they should be, but that's you know, that's more a reflection on my clients, who are really tremendous people and that's what drives these verdicts. But I'm very privileged to have been the lawyer in all those cases, along with other great people on our teams, of course. So thank you Ryan for your kind words. Wow, so kick much to talk about. Thank you, Kelly, appreciate that and very very much. So wow, so much to dig into here. Where to start is really the bigger challenge. There's so much going on locally nationally as well. I just saw where that school shooter in Madison today is a female female school shooter seventeen years old Christian school. We're trying to get more information and we'll pass that along throughout the course of a show.
Speaker 2: Madison, Wisconsin morning about eleven.
Speaker 1: I was in Madison, Wisconsin this morning, but left just before that happened. So I was visiting for those who know him, and I know my brother Mike, who's just one of the greatest people you've ever met. And Mike is a very serious mental disability. I was back there visiting with him yesterday, and it's always a great visit with him. So for those who know Mike, because he was in this area a long time, had many friends, et cetera. I will post some pictures of that, but let's just go through the list real quick and anything you want to jump on. Believe, after a week off while I was in trial, I'm anxious to get back to all of this with you, in no particular order. By the way, this business of trashing daylight savings time right and just staying on standard time, I understand the appeal of it. But if people realized that that would mean our longest summer day the sun would set at seven point thirty, I'm sorry, I am not willing to go there. I mean that is for the those of us who live in Colorado, that that is one of the sweetest things on the face of the earth. Is these long summer nights in Colorado. Do you really want the suns setting at seven thirty pm? What in Colorado in the summer?
Speaker 3: What ilf We go the other way and we keep it as daylight saving time for that purpose that you just stand, but we don't fall back in the fall.
Speaker 2: That sounds good to me.
Speaker 1: Now, I assume that would mean it's dark till like ten in the morning. I know we run into some safety issues, right, so you got to balance all that out. But all I'm saying is, do you really want a summertime where the sun's coming up at four thirty, Which I wouldn't mind because I'm up anyway.
Speaker 2: I don't like that at all, But and then it sets at seven thirty in the evening. Myself, I'm with summer nights.
Speaker 3: I mean, Lord Dan living when I was on the west side of Michigan, that's like on the far western reaches of the Eastern time zone, almost into the central where you grew.
Speaker 4: Up, And yeah, we'd have sunsets.
Speaker 3: Sometimes someone go all the way down like ten PM in the summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am all for that.
Speaker 1: I remember doing some depositions in a case up in Montana late June. College World Series is on and it was light out till ten fifteen.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: On this side, No, we do not want the sun setting at seven thirty PM in the summer.
Speaker 2: So let's see where all that goes.
Speaker 1: So lots of ground to cover, you know, we're going to be talking about which Colorado Democrats are going to skip the inauguration. And the only reason I mentioned that to you is because I see a number of indicators right now that higher level Colorado Democrats are concerned that they're starting to lose their iron clad grip on the state.
Speaker 2: Not that all of a sudden they're going.
Speaker 1: To lose every state wide office, no, but that they're starting to lose their iron clad grip. If my theory is correct, that means we'll see fewer Colorado Dems skip the inauguration, So stick in the back of your mind.
Speaker 2: But there are other indicators at this point. Irony.
Speaker 1: Of course, Denver City Council debating, you know, ending flavored tobacco while they can't cheer enough for why they can't cheer enough for glis marijuana. That is just trashing. So many of the youth in Denver and beyond love this story. We're going to talk about it. Travis Hunter not just you know, one of the greatest athletes ever in college football, but one of the coolest guys, just interesting, fun, positive, friendly kind of characters, just just just a real joy. It was so neat to see Travis Hunter's mom at the Heisman ceremony if you don't know college football at you know, the top college football player, which he obviously got, talking about how everybody had said that it was a mistake, that it was a mistake for her to keep her son, and what a great pro life story that she kept her son, and her son obviously has done all these great things going on to do all these great things and above it all, just a really good cool guy from everything we can see. And it just makes you think about, you know, with these Democratic Party policies, all the Travis Hunters who's lives were ended before birth right because the Democrats, I'd be at Bennett Hickenlooper, Polus Aholeslum. They just cannot they just cannot praise enough all of these policies that they know kill five black kids for everyone white kid and no kids should be killed. But they love these policies, They praise these policies, they expand these policies that are ending the lives of so many black kids before birth. So what a great pro life story that Travis Hunter's mom chose life. So we'll be talking about that as well. Of course, we got to talk about drones, right, We've got to talk about the whole drone story just one of the craziest things ever and so much fresh sound from President Trump today.
Speaker 2: So we're going to enjoy President Trump's take on.
Speaker 1: The drones as well. So we've got all of that ahead of us. Ryan, We're going to get to the story. We have to because it's all over the media. Travis Hunter's fiance is all of a sudden, a big media story.
Speaker 2: We're Shannon Sharp on it today. If that person found the pipe boine, would they be a suspect that that is not Shannon Sharp talking about Travis Hunter's fiance. This should be.
Speaker 5: And there's an uproar Prime having to get Travis's fiance to stand uh celebrate his win. Then she was filmed giving him attitude for taking pictures out a scheduled A bit am I supposed to sit here all day. Hunter's relationship with his fiance has been under scrutiny since his college football career took off. Things seems to have gotten people online with a couple of dead in the ig Live where their fiance ad manned she wasn't initially attracted to him. Fans took that situation to the next level when they assume she was annoyed by him, and the clip of the interaction between the couple which led many to believe she wasn't truly in love with him.
Speaker 1: So we will work all this into the conversation somewhere. Uh, but let me give you my quick bottom line on it. Okay, And if you were watching the ceremony, you know that when Travis Hunter was announced as a Heisman Trophy winner, everybody stood up. If, as I recall it, everybody stood up, including his competitors, et cetera. Obviously that his mom, the family, et cetera.
Speaker 6: She did not.
Speaker 1: She did not stand He's announced his Heisman Trophy winner. And all I have to say is, yeah, you know, if you can't stand up for your loved one when they've just won the Heisman Trophy. But but what I keep coming back to is the heart knows what the heart wants, right, and nobody knows the intricacies of that relationship, and and only Travis Hunter can decide what works for him. But I can tell you, and this you know, doesn't pertain anybody's marriage except mine. One of the most beautiful things about our marriage is, you know, nobody's happier for my wife when she accomplished something great and does now. And nobody's happier for me when I accomplish something great than my wife is. And it's just hard for me to imagine a relationship where you reach the pinnacle of your profession and your significant other doesn't stand up in everybody in the room does. But that's where traf is to decide. Eighty five for zero five eight two five five text d an five seven, seven through nine when we come back, where are the drones from? And why does it remain a mystery? Or on the Dan Capitla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast can.
Speaker 5: You pull them?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 3: All the drones that are flying around New Jersey and the ports, and it seems like the Bereck people have.
Speaker 2: A big, distant government. The government knows what is happening.
Speaker 7: Look, our military knows where they took off from. If it's the garage, they can go right into that garage.
Speaker 2: They know where it came from and where it went.
Speaker 7: And for some reason they don't want to comment, and I think they'd be better off saying what it is. Our military knows, and our president knows, and for some reason they want to keep people in suspense. I can't imagine it's the enemy, because it was the enemy they'd blasted out, even if they were late, they'd blasted Something strange is going on for reason, they don't want to tell the people, and they should because the people are really I mean, they happen to be over Bedminster.
Speaker 2: You want to know the truth.
Speaker 7: They're very they're very they're very close to Bedminster. I think maybe I won't spend the weekend in Bedminster. I've decided to cancel my trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what do you think the drones are?
Speaker 1: Eight five to five for zero five A two five five takes d an five seven seven three nine starting point. Obviously agree with President Trump, but we also know they're not aliens because aliens don't fly drones, right, So what are they and why are they? Eight five five for zero five eight two five five takes d an five seven seven three nine. Thanks to Deborah Flora as well, who I'm told to filled in last week and obviously did a fantastic job because she always does. I didn't have a chance to listen to any of the tape because I've been in trial, but appreciate everybody.
Speaker 2: What about you, Ryan, where do you come down on the droneage.
Speaker 3: I think Donald Trump's exactly right because he was asked at a separate point in the press confer or something not too far away from that question if he's been receiving intel briefs on the matter, and he declined to respond to that. But you could hear us answer right there. Yeah, yeah, he knows, he knows that the government knows, and they're not telling us.
Speaker 4: Everything they know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you know his choice of words. There's a reason they've decided not to, and he obviously doesn't think that's a very good reason. Texter to DN five seven seven three nine. Apparently, unlike manned aircraft, drones are not required to have a transponder, which, when created by radar, gives up all info concerning the drone.
Speaker 2: That from Bob in ar Veda, my prediction is not.
Speaker 1: Exactly going out on any limb here, that we're soon going to see lots of legislation on drones.
Speaker 2: Do you own a drone? I don't, Kelly, do you own a drone?
Speaker 8: We do, But it's a really like it's like Fisher Price.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, yeah, weird because I always love all the different gadgets and stuff, and I don't own a drone and they never got me one for like Father's Day or Chris miss They're probably afraid or Dan smash it through a window or well.
Speaker 8: I will say that when I used to produce live broadcasts and you know, events and those types of things, we used to use drones to do time lapse, yeah, photography, and we used to hubver them over ballrooms and to basically film the setup and the takedown ye shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean, our experts use them all the time, obviously acident reconstruction stuff like that, but just never had one of my own.
Speaker 2: So what do you think it is and why do you think it is?
Speaker 1: President Trump today confirming implicitly that the government knows what they are and has just decided not to announce that yet. Dan thoughts on national security accounts advisors, saying Joe Biden cannot even say a sentence and did not understand even basic words in meetings. How can Joe be allowed to make decisions and pardon people he shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously, one of.
Speaker 1: The reasons that Democrats got voted out there are many, is that they become a lawless party, and look at lawless Mike Johnson and Denver, you know, promising to mountain insurrection and send Denver PD out to fight federal law enforcement, calling on fifty thousand Denver rights to join him. I mean the Democratic Party, not the Democrat I'll sleep with tonight, though rumor issues become unaffiliated. Maybe I'll ask her that tonight. We try to stay away from politics in any form. But the point being that that there's become this kind of presumption within the Democratic Party that the laws don't.
Speaker 2: Apply to them.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, if the law, if this was a rule of law type of party in power right now, the Democratic Party, Joe Biden would have been removed from office a long time ago. He clearly should not be allowed to continue per the twenty fifth Amendment, and allowing him to continue jeopardizes this nation and the world.
Speaker 2: It's that simple.
Speaker 1: A five for zero five A two five five text d an five seven seven three nine. But assuming that the country survives it, what poetic justice that that is helping to bring down the Democratic Party as the ruling party, their their lawlessness. Dan King Solomon would move the time half hour to be in the middle of standard and daylight savings times. That's from Brian. What would you call it then? What would you call it if it's not standard time and it's not daylight savings time. I'd love to hear from people what they would call that. Dan, congrats on you's consecutive seven figure win. Oh, thank you very much. Signed by Dan. Yeah, no, wonderful. I'm getting better at text. No, that's from Alexa. Thank you, Alexa appreciate that. And Heidi Keg b B George and Deborah Flora who filled in last week. So I want to get you some more Trump sound because it's Trump's sound, But then I gotta get to this one. I think this is such a positive development in America for ABC having to pay Trump fifteen million for that information. And again this goes to what I was talking about a second ago. Democratic Party locally here in Colorado as well as nationally has become lawless, and it's also.
Speaker 2: Become untethered from the truth.
Speaker 1: And in fact, the modern left, not your typical Democrat, views the truth as weakness. They feel they can lie about anybody any time, and including some in their media arm and they act as if there is no there is no remedy for a public figure who's defame. But while the standard is very hard to reach, this actual malice standard, which by the way, doesn't have much to do with as typical malice as although I hate that guy can amalice it as a different legal meaning. But no, there still is a standard, and I'm so happy to see Trump enforcing that against ABC because our society will be far better off when as much of the professional lying as possible is squeezed out and the less Right now, I mean, it's central to their playbook. They will make anything up at any time to advance their cause, knowing the media will not call them on it, and it's become a staple of their playbooks. So one of the many lasting gifts from President Trump is is fighting back against that. So great to see that, and not just because it's making a bunch of lefty heads explode, but just great to see it for the future of America if we see more of it, and I sure hope that we do. KI five for zero five A two five five Textdan five seven seven three nine Texter says, if we take the textures suggestion and split it a half an hour between daylight savings time and standard time, we just call that time. I don't think we could just call time because whatever we call just time would have to be just normal time without any adjustment. Yeah, US sending a drone detection system to New Jersey. Well wait a second, if if the US already knows what these are, and if they're not government drones, why are they sending a drone detection system to New Jersey? And then what's the point of the detection system if you're not going to shoot it down?
Speaker 2: So I want to hear from you on all of this. What do you think the drones are?
Speaker 1: And why? So many cool things over the weekend, the tremendous pro life story from Hunter Travis Hunter's mom. I was about to say, Hunter Biden's here on the Dan Capitalist Show.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Question to Trump about preemptive strikes against ARONO.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's a wonderful question, But how can I Am I going to do preemptive strikes?
Speaker 2: Why would I say that?
Speaker 7: Can you imagine if I said yes or no, you'd say that was strange that he answer to that, quy am I going to do preemptive strikes?
Speaker 2: On Iran, is that a serious question? How could I answer a question like that? And we'll get back to more of that.
Speaker 1: Sound Okay, I have to tell you we're about to talk to a woman named Rachel Gurley and she's from Saint Rafael's, which and she'll explain the amazing work they do. And before you bail, thinking, hey, this is another PSA, I'd ask you to stay for this and here's why because I went to a dinner that was a fundraiser for Saint Raphael's and I've got to tell you there are so many great causes, but I was blown away by what these people do. So please just stay and listen to it for a couple of reasons. One is I think you'll find it fascinating, you'll be impressed, you might know of somebody who has a need for it, and you might want to support it. So let's go to Rachel Gurley, who's kind enough to join us from Saint Rafael's.
Speaker 2: Rachel, welcome to the dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: I thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you tell people a little bit about what you do because I was at that masquerade five and I knew you guys did great counseling work. But I was just totally blown away by by the scope of it.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 9: So my experience with counseling is that I didn't know why people needed it before I needed it. I had a domestic violent situation that I ended up in counseling for, and most importantly Catholic counseling because I had an experience with Saint Michael that just made it. If I would have gone to a secular organization, I probably would have been, you know, in the linea bin.
Speaker 5: So yeah, but they.
Speaker 9: I've been in counseling there since the event happened and really worked through a lot of stuff. My three children have also been involved in the counseling. One of my children was diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia. He had been looked in with a counselor through his Catholic school, which was really beautiful because once the event happened that we really really needed to go, he was already already in with somebody, already comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and your story that I heard, Rachel Gurley's story at this fundraiser for Saint Raphael counseling was just so moving and powerful. And then I think we have doctor Michelle Connor Harris with us as well, who's director of Saint Raphael Counseling doctor do we have you And she'll be able to just explain and broader detail, you know what they do there. But Rachel, bottom line, how much of a difference maker was it in all of your lives?
Speaker 9: Tremendous, tremendous. We are still in counseling. It's been three years since the awful event happens that we It just helped us really unpack what happened and how to process and how to move on with life, and just just to know that we have people like we go once a week generally, we can go every other week. We can go twice a week if we need to.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And the beautiful thing was when we first started going, we didn't have insurance and so they were able to help us out. They were like, don't worry about that, like you need, you need treatment, We're going to help you and we'll worry about the money later, right, And it was just so such a beautiful thing to be on the receiving end of.
Speaker 1: Well and thank you and thank you for sharing the story. And we'll have others from Saint Raphael on as well. Because I think they just do heroic work and help you have a great Christmas.
Speaker 9: Thank you too, Americ Christmas.
Speaker 2: Great talking to you you too. Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's Rachel and again Saint Raphael Counseling. It's through Catholic Charities of Denver. If you get a chance to check out the website, we'll have somebody on, you know, who can give an overview of everything they do. But I just think, because you know, just from your life right now, you probably know so many people and it just probably it all walks of life who have some kind of mental health challenge and then an even bigger challenge trying to find a good place to get care and treatment. And here they provide that a focus as well on young people. But it also has this faith perspective as well. And I know you've got a lot of folks who are concerned that if they pursued some kind of mental health care and it didn't have that faith perspective, would it really align with them? So they truly do absolutely heroic work. Hey, let's pop up to Highland's ranch talk to Carly.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan capitalis. She'll welcome Carly.
Speaker 6: Dan. I just want to say my prayers have just been all day with those families. And was it Madison, Yeah, they shooting took place.
Speaker 2: Madis there? Yeah, I was there this morning. It's just a cold, dreary, freezing, rainy count of day.
Speaker 10: Just breaks my heart.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know.
Speaker 1: And the last guy I heard it was a seventeen year old girl, right, a seventeen year old girls shooter?
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh God?
Speaker 6: And Christmas time. I mean, it's horrible at the time, but watahan a lighter? Note the reason I called I hate daylight savings.
Speaker 2: I hope, I hope.
Speaker 6: I wanted it for years. Get rid of it.
Speaker 1: I don't like it, even though it'll mean seven thirty sunsets at the peak of summer.
Speaker 6: But see, I'm not a summer person anyway. I love cold, I love the fall, I love winter. I don't like daylight saving stuff.
Speaker 1: Wow, well, Carly, you're not alone. I just wonder how many people appreciate the.
Speaker 6: Full impact more than you think, because I've seen it online and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they were. Here's here's the question.
Speaker 1: Because we've been batting this issue around on air for years and I never realized till this weekend it would mean the latest sunset in the summer in Colorado is seven thirty pm.
Speaker 2: We just can't do that, of course we can't. Oh yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Well we will.
Speaker 6: I mean the premise of daylight savings time was gone a long time ago. Anyway, I had to do with farmers and the kids working out in the fields and yeah, like you, I'm from Illinois, so I know where where our speak. Yeah, farming daily. So anyway, I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I hopefully it Okay, thank you, Carly. I'm afraid your side is winning. But once people realize it means seven thirty latest sunset in the summer, that's just to me, it's it's kind of the most exquisite time of the year other than Christmas Eve, just those late summer nights eight five five for zero five eight two five five of the number so much.
Speaker 2: I want to get your take on today after a week away at trial. Yeah, how weird that.
Speaker 1: I was in Madison, Wisconsin this morning, and boy it was an ugly morning. But I left obviously before that school shooting news broke, and we're keeping an eye on that for you see, if we can get any more word on the shooter, we know it's a seventeen year old female. What we don't know at this point is whether she was a student at that Christian school that got shot up. Too dead at this point, including the perpetrator. But I think it's six others seriously wounded, some life threatening.
Speaker 2: Texter says Dan. I think the drones are just a distraction.
Speaker 1: While everyone is busy talking about the drones, no one is paying attention to what Biden and the Democrats are doing to hinder the incoming administration. Tremendous amounts of taxpayer money being spent, wasted, the wall materials are being sold in the list keeps growing. That from Sarah Sarah, what a smart, smart text, because is it a reasonable possibility that this whole drone thing if it is some kind of government operation and the government denies that that it is intended as a distraction, Because look at the the stuff you have Biden doing right now, the people he's giving pardons to. I mean, how can you be pardoning a judge who was putting kids in jail to get kickbacks, you know, how can you be pardoning some of these other people? I mean, there's so much, so enough pieces of the wall, you know, for pennies on the dollar. Yeah, there's a lot you would think the Biden administration would want to distract from.
Speaker 2: I just don't know if this drone thing is part of that.
Speaker 1: I do think Trump's hundred percent correct and the sound we just played that the government knows where these things are taken off, from where they're going back to whose they are. I do think Trump's absolutely right about that.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 1: The radical of revolutionists want us to become used to the Hulham drones that will not think anything of them until they swarm the inauguration. Word is circulating that there is a complete Democrat boycott of the inauguration. Only Republicans will be at risk. Interesting, I do not fear any kind of drone attack at the inauguration. In terms of Democrats, that's boycotting it. I hope every single Democrat in America boycotts, boycott's that inauguration, because that'll just make them easier to beat next time. Because right now, right now America, majority of Americans they're behind Trump. They want to give Trump a chance, they want them to get it done, they want them to succeed. The latest polling I saw, which was even a CNBC poll, had that number at fifty four percent. I'll bet that the quiet support just really hoping that Trump's able to get it done, goes far higher than that. So I hope every single Democrat boycotts and make them so much easier to beat in the future. Dan, if you don't know what Project Bloombeam is, you're about to find out that from Natalie Ryan. Have you heard about Project Bluebeam?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, Norvi, Maybe somebody can educate us. I hope I didn't just walk into one there. Hey, when we come back, I want to talk about at the broader significance and I think great importance to the country of Trump veiling against ABC. They had to write a fifteen million dollar check to him for defaming him. You're on The Dankapla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to The Dan Kapla Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Four fifty one. Glad you're here man. It's great to be back in the saddle.
Speaker 1: Thanks to KBB, thanks to George, Thanks to Deborah Flora, Thanks to Heidi Ganov for filling in last week while I was in trial, and thank you God we were blessed with another great trial victory for some amazing people.
Speaker 2: Great to be back with you with so much going on in the news.
Speaker 1: I would just literally beg your indulgence on this because the person I'm about to introduce you to does such phenomenally great work, and you probably know somebody who is mentally ill. I'm just telling you that this is truly the work of angels. They do at Saint Raphael's Counseling, I have doctor Michelle Connor Harris, and I'd love for you to hear about this for a couple of reasons. One is you may know somebody who would benefit from what Saint Rafael's does.
Speaker 2: The other, obviously is I'd.
Speaker 1: Love to have you donate to Catholic charities and our firm will be matching contributions up to one hundred thousand dollars total that you make Right now go to Ccdenver dot org slash capitalist match doctor doctor Harris.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the dan Kaplis. She'll appreciate your time.
Speaker 10: Oh hi, thanks Dan, Thanks, And.
Speaker 1: I do have to tell you, I mean, one of the coolest things over the decades has been going to different charity dinners, and there's so much great work being done in town by so many different groups.
Speaker 2: I was truly blown away when I went to the dinner a.
Speaker 1: Few weeks ago the Masquerade Ball to benefit Saint Rafael's by just the breadth and depth of what you do and just the amazing good work. So if you can't just give people an overview of that and tell them how if they know somebody who needs it, they might be.
Speaker 2: Able to plug in.
Speaker 10: Sure, I'd be happy to. We are the largest Catholic therapy practice in the country, so we have both outpatient therapy clinic for children, teens, couples and families. We have eight locations across the Denver metro area. We also can see people via telehealth options as well. We also have school counselors who are serving eighteen Catholic school again across the Archdiocese of Denver. So we really are able to meet the mental health crisis with faith based options.
Speaker 1: And let's talk This is doctor Michelle Connor Harris, director of Saint Raphael Counseling. Let's talk about that faith based piece for a second, because I'm no expert in this field, but I think there are an awful lot of people who hesitate to get professional in mental health help because they're afraid that it may not be consistent with their faith.
Speaker 10: Agreed. I mean really, and the climate that we're in right now, just I think more and more people are concerned, especially parents. Where do we send our children and our teens that are really struggling with so many challenges right now and feeling comfortable that they're going to get care that is not going to be guiding a young person away from what we believe to be true about the nature of the human person.
Speaker 1: Boy, that is so vital, absolutely so vital. So take us if you if you would doctor into some of the mechanics of this. If if people are seeking this help from Saint Raphael's, how do they plug in?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so they can just give us a call. We have a live receptionist who will answer their call or return their call seven to zero three seven seven one three.
Speaker 6: Five nine, or they can go to our website at.
Speaker 10: Www dot sat Rafael Counseling dot com and they can input their information there and they will get a response back. We can usually have people seen within forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: Wow, and is there and without preaching and I know you wouldn't to any confidentiality. I cannot even imagine what you've seen and heard over the years and the heartbreak, but the fulfillment that you and others must get from helping. Is there one particular moment or encounter that stands out for you one happy ending.
Speaker 10: Well, there are so many, honestly, and it's really such an amazing opportunity to be able to bring the faith together with psychology because we need those tools from mental health experts. But when you invite Jesus in, or you invite God in, the changes and transformations are absolutely amazing. And so I mean, I've seen people burdened with decades of trauma or other kinds of mental health challenges through no fault of their own, fe liberated at the end of a course of therapy. And I would say that myself, and I know my other therapists who work with me agree we're merely instruments, right, and so we're able to just use the skills that we've developed and ask the Holy Spirit to work through us, and amazing things can happen for people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, sometimes separately, I'd love to get you in studio and just deep dive that a little bit, because obviously I share your core belief, but the intersection between the counseling and the faith piece of it is so fascinating. It makes perfect sense to me that that would love to explore that further sometime. But thank you again, and could you give that website one more time?
Speaker 10: Yes, www dot st rafael Counseling dot com And sometimes people spell Raphael differently, so I just wanted to know st r a pH a e l Counseling dot com.
Speaker 1: Well, you truly are doing the work of angels and look forward to the next conversation.
Speaker 10: Well, thanks so much, Dan, and we are blessed to have a supporter like you.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I mean, truly, what they do over there is it makes uh, well, it makes me and I think just about anybody feel really inadequate when you look at all the great work they're doing. And again, if you want to support them Ccdenver dot org. That's for Catholic Charities of Denver dot org. If you want to to double the impact, just to a slash to capitalist match in our formal match.
Speaker 2: Your contribution up to one hundred grand total. When we come back, he I want to dive into all of this hot news. What are the drones? Where are they coming from?
Speaker 1: The tremendous value to society of Trump prevailing on his defamation claim against ABC or on The Dane Capitalist Show,