Speaker 1: How often do we make fitness way more complicated than it truly needs to be. I think it's a lot of the time. And the thing that keeps people stuck is usually that it's not that people don't care. It's usually they think if they can't do one hundred and ten percent the entire thing, that there's no point in doing anything. Welcome to the Transformation Station podcast. I'm Christina, owner, operator, and founder of the Transformation Station, and this is where we talk about getting stronger while navigating real life. If you're trying to stay consistent through the ups and the downs and everywhere else.
Speaker 2: In between, this is for you.
Speaker 1: One of the things I really love about the Transformation Station is that stay connected does not need to look the exact same every single day. There's some days you come in you're excited, you're ready to sweat, you want to push, you want to talk, you want to do something that feels super strong and very energetic, and then there's some days. On those other days, you need to adjust it a little bit. And that's going to be okay too, because adjusting I'm doing like a winding road with my hand.
Speaker 2: Every day is a winding Adjusting is not the same as checking out.
Speaker 1: Let's say maybe you're on vacation, your schedule is a little bit off, maybe you're going back to work, or you are working, or you're not working, or maybe you have to babysit someone in your family, or maybe also your body just isn't asking for the same kind of intensity that day. I still want you to keep that connection. That might look like coming to a strong fit class if you want to move and feel strong without the extra cardio component, Or maybe it might look like zumba if you're like, hey, I want something more fun and uplifting. And a quote that I like to say that actually comes from zoomba, I do believe. I don't know where I started hearing this or saying this story rather or both. Why be moody when you can shake your booty. Maybe you've had a stressful day at work and you want to come in and you're like, you know what, this is me time. I want to exercise, but I really just want to expend some energy, So zoomba could be a good option for you. It might be powerburn if you want to do everything all at once, kind of a workout where you get the strength, the sweat the challenge, the cardio, all of it all compacted in one forty to forty five minute class. And sometimes your class maybe is going to look like stretch and flow. Especially I'm going to say it, if you're on your period and something feels a little bit off and your body needs something a little bit more gentle. To me, that is not about making excuses. It's knowing how to stay in your either newfound habit or current habit without forcing yourself into the wrong mode for that day. The goal is not to live in that version forever. Like it's not to be like, oh, I just want to live in the easiest version that about you. You don't want to do that. The goal in the long run is to keep walking through the doors. That way, you keep choosing movement, and you keep your connection to the gym alive too, so when the season changes.
Speaker 2: A little bit, you have leverage.
Speaker 1: And that's what I really love the home vacation workout option that I've added to our membership app. It gives you another way to stay in your workout rhythm while you're away and while you're busy in the demands of summer. I was gonna say spring, Oh my gosh, we haven't had winter yet, still in summer mode. But that helps to keep up that momentum instead of feeling like you've completely dropped off because after vacation, and I know that it can be hard once you stop a habit, like for most people, after they don't do that same habit for like three four days, that's when it starts to be easier to hit snooze. It's easier to not stopping at the gym after work or during lunch. Like once we snooze that for a little bit our consistency, it can be harder to get the catillact going again. So that is an option, is having that vacation workout. It says home workout on our app So those workouts count.
Speaker 2: And I love that you have.
Speaker 1: Been logging them for your check and Champion stickers because that tells me that you're still showing up for yourself even when life looks different.
Speaker 2: That is like, it's super encouraging.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, there's two people on the at home option or oh there's six people in that at home option, Like that is super cool. And not to high five myself in public, but that was such a great idea, especially over the summer. And I think that's the part that I want people to hold on to genuinely, that it's not about having the same expectations of yourself every single day, but it's more about making your adjustments when you need to, and you're still choosing to move forward, so that sometimes it means having a class and showing up to a class, and sometimes that means it's a lighter class, and sometimes that means you're on vacation and doing a workout while you're away, not necessarily every single day, but still keeping up in that same routine.
Speaker 2: And even when you're at home.
Speaker 1: Like let's say, I know I can use coach Kim as an example, and this isn't a secret, but she has two little kids. There's some days that she has to stay home because she can't get to a class because a circumstance out of her control, she isn't able to for that day, so she can do her workout. She more than enough knows what she needs to do and she can log in that at home option check mark workout done. And overall it's the exact same thing, like you're still in it, you're still choosing it. When I say it I mean your workouts, like you're still making your workout and fitness part of your life instead of completely putting it on pass and then walking away from it. That is something that I hope people can learn about fitness and it's like a muscle, something that they can practic to get better at. It's not just always feeling like you have to be the best version of yourself every single day. It's not just about doing more and more as you get more mature in your finish journey, but it's also about making those better decisions. So it's like what kind of movement makes sense for me today? If you can come in and you're not feeling super energetic, you still can pivot what your choices are. It doesn't mean that you're doing less of a workout. It means that you're choosing something that still moves your body forward. Again, like if you choose strong fit, you're still training. You're actually strength training. We need more strength training in order to be stronger, to have longevity, to have more bone density, to keep us strong and strong moving as we get older. Like if you are still showing up and you're doing what serves your body during that time, that's still going to be super fantastic. One of the best habits that you can build is not just showing up when it's easy, but it's actually making the commitment and making the plan before the day even gets away from you. Because sometimes it's easy when we're in that moment that we're like, oh, well, we don't have a plan, so we're just going to throw in the towel. But when people reserve their classes in our app at the transformation station, when they reserve their classes in their members app ahead of time, it actually gives you a commitment point, and that turns I should go into I'm booked, I'm expected, and I know where I'm going, and that little bit of structure it matters more than a lot of people think. I mean, like, I have so many members that talk about using our reservation app is what helps them create and what has helped them already create that habit of coming to the gym. People that never thought that they would be committed to a fitness routine are now celebrating their one year gymniversaries and so on and so on. And that is one thing, because once the day fills up, the decision gets harder and the excuses tend to get louder, and that's where everything connects altogether. Because if you know that you're going to be away, or your schedule is busy, or maybe you need to choose the class that fits what your energy is for the day, planning ahead can it can like honestly, it can really help you stay in the game instead of exnaying it, like, instead of just drifting out of it. I love that when you book your classes and you reserve your classes, it lets you make a better decision now instead of waiting until the last minute. And I know a lot of people and myself included, there's some days where you just hope the motivation shows up. The motivation sometimes periodically will show up, especially if you hear like a really exciting.
Speaker 2: Motivated song come on the radio.
Speaker 1: But otherwise, motivation doesn't want to always be knocking on our door, and it lets itself in and some days we might even be holding that door shut. Yeah, but then motivation isn't gonna come and kick down your door and drag you to the gym. So you get stronger and you hit your goals even when the plan has to shift though, like that, active reserving keeps you connected to what your routine is into your accountability. So there's sometimes like I know, especially because of the summer, I might get a phone call to be like, hey, let's go out for dinner, let's have a fire, let's go to all these things. And let's say you're reserved for in the morning, Well there's a certain reservation window. Same with in the afternoon and in the evening. Like there's so many things that are like, oh, well I can't because I'm going to go to this fitness class instead, rather than every time we get an invitation, we chuck out on what our own goals are because we're like, oh, let's just go be free and be wild and do whatever we want anyways. I mean, again, two things can exist at the exact same time. I feel like when I say that every single episode, I guess that's a theme for the summer.
Speaker 2: You guys, still do whatever it is that you want to do.
Speaker 1: However, don't abandon your commitment to yourself, because when you signed up for a membership, you signed up because there was a reason, and there was a reason why you were motivated, and it mattered enough that you put your time, your energy, your finances, your money, and you showed up to that membership. So that's just a special reminder and something else that I will say clearly that I haven't had to stay. I haven't had to say this for a little bit, but please do respect the lake cancel and the no show policy on behalf of all gym owners all over the entire world. Those spots matter because when you reserve and then you don't show up, there's a chance that someone loses that chance to be in that class, and then sometimes that class gets less full than what it should be. And there's a story that I always tell because at one time we had five am classes. This is going back like six years ago. Who was the five am instructor?
Speaker 2: Was me?
Speaker 1: I had four people reserved for five am, and then I had to teach six am, seven am, and eight am.
Speaker 2: And when I.
Speaker 1: Was there ready to start the class, out of four people that were reserved on the app, guess how many people showed up?
Speaker 2: One and you know who it was. It was me.
Speaker 1: So out of four people, nobody showed up. All four people no showed the class.
Speaker 2: Do you know how excited I was?
Speaker 1: Imagine if everyone behaved like that, Imagine if we had eighteen people reserved and two people showed up because everyone just thought for themselves respectfully, No bueno.
Speaker 2: If your plans change, cancel as soon as you know. Use the app.
Speaker 1: It tells you everything. If you're not sure what the late cancel window is or the notion policy is. Again on behalf of Gym's everywhere, you can check out the policy and the membership of policy, the membership policy, membership agreement. When you first join, its available on your app, it's available in your email. You can also look at the class schedules when you go to reserve. When you see like the details and like who who the coach is and who's in your class. You can also see what the lake cancel hours are at the top, So that's always that's always there for you because I know sometimes we get busy and we are like, oh what was it again? There's sometimes I forget my own phone number, So I'm not going to fault you for forgetting what the no show window is not the no show, the no show is a no show, the late cancel window. But there's always ways to reference this. This helps keep everything organized and fair for everybody. Okay, So if you're someone going back to the podcast, episode. If you're someone who knows that you're going to be traveling or you know your week is going to be completely unpredictable. This is exactly when reserving ahead of time and being honest with yourself definitely does help. You can pick the class that matches the day that you're likely to have your own day. And I don't mean like the fantasy version of the day, like reserve it, commit to it, and if you need to adjust, adjust it right away. That is how you stay connected to your habits and your new healthy living lifestyle without falling into the habit of floating.
Speaker 2: Week to week.
Speaker 1: Like one day you're here, one day you're not working out, one day you're working out five days a week, and one day it's zero, and the next week it's zero, and the next week it's one, and the next week is zero zero zero, zero, zero, and then gone. I respect the hustle and I respect the struggle in the exact same way.
Speaker 2: There's sometimes when we're going.
Speaker 1: To be sad or upset or anxious that you may not have the same routine for a week or two or whichever that.
Speaker 2: You previously did. I call those seasons of life.
Speaker 1: There's never any shame when you want to jump back into it, because right now I'm talking about how to stay in the game. However, it's not bulletproof. So there's some day is that we're going to fall out of the game. And how they talk about that wagon. The wagon comes around every single second of the day. It's not next Monday or maybe next Monday, or maybe next Monday. What about tomorrow?
Speaker 2: What about today?
Speaker 1: Is there a class that you can reserve and head into today tomorrow? Reserve it, make that commitment show up. You can't better luck next day, better luck next class. I'm never going to throw shame at somebody for doing what they need to do or having any type of issue. If you want to communicate it, I'm happy to listen. I'm happy to offer advice. I'm happy to connect you with a professional. If it's over and above what I can offer you, I will tell you that I'm not going to I'm not a therapist, I'm not a doctor. I'm not a psychologist. I can gladly pivot you towards a healthy option.
Speaker 2: Help. I'm always rooting for you.
Speaker 1: If you need someone to talk to you, you know that I love talking. I'm always here for you and have a conversation. I'm reserving showing up.
Speaker 2: That to me is.
Speaker 1: That's the prescription. Is that the prescription, that's what we can follow. It is not always fool proof because we are people and we are complex. I want to tell you reserve and show up, show up, reserve whichever.
Speaker 2: Whatever you need to do.
Speaker 1: Don't don't just show up because we need a certain amount of people to run a class. And yes, if thirty people show up and we have twenty spots, that's going to be an issue.
Speaker 2: If we have.
Speaker 1: No one reserved and then twenty people show up, that's going to be doomsday for the twenty people behind the door when there's zero people reserved. So just be smart. I don't need to tell you this. Just be smart, all right. So if I'm going to ask you to do one thing from this episode, it is to open your app book your next class. Make the decision now instead of later. If this week is busy, choose a class you're realistically able to attend. If your plans change, please cancel properly. If you're on vacation, you can still make the plan for movement that keeps you feel connected to what your goals are.
Speaker 2: And what you need.
Speaker 1: You can use that at home option to reserve that, make sure you check in, do it. That's the kind of consistency.
Speaker 2: That will propel you in the long run. That's what lasts.
Speaker 1: That's what's consistent because it's built on intention rather than impulse. I hope that you feel supported from this message because I never want it to be about being perfect. It's not about perfection. There's no pressure. It's not about pressure. It's about having that support. Some people will call support as accountability and accountability as support. Support sounds nicer than accountability. But stay committed enough to reserve and flexible to adjust, and also respectful enough to cancel when you absolutely cannot make it because of whatever reason there is. I always say there's excuses, and there's reasons. Reasons are reasons, Reasons are not excuses. Those two things they sometimes can sound the same, but I respect that there are reasons.
Speaker 2: It's not always an excuse. In the long haul. That is how you.
Speaker 1: Protect your own routine and also the community around you. Again, if you need extra support, if you need extra help, if you're like I feel like I'm alone. I don't ever want you to feel alone. If you need help, Please do reach out to me if you need professional help beyond fitness and nutrition and mindsets. I am going to provide you with a few options of people that can help you because I will not play doctor or therapist as I just said. However, if you're like I don't know what to do or what class should I come into you or Christina, I feel embarrassed. I just want to talk to you about what's been going on. Contact me seven O five three zero zero zero zero eight eight or Christina at the Transformation Station. I hope you have a fabulous week. Until next time.