Speaker 1: Something you should go. I'm not more something you should know, brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Jenesis Gold Group is the only IRA back by physical gold and Silver. Learn more get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis goold ir A dot com. Excited to visit with a couple of guests today, Devinie and Julie, and we're going to talk about an event that's coming up this weekend. It's the Step Big Event and this is for South Dakota Parkinson's And first of all, Devanie and Julie, thank you for joining me today.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much, John, thanks for having us.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Now the event that's happening South Dakota Parkinson's Foundation. This Big, the Step Big for Parkinson's Annual Walk. It's this weekend and it's going to be at Jefferson School in Sioux Falls, the new High School. Is this the first time you have done it at that location or have you done it there in the past.
Speaker 3: No, Actually, we were there last year and we loved it so much. It's such a beautiful, beautiful venue that I book it again.
Speaker 2: The next day.
Speaker 1: Nice it is. That's a really cool place. So that's really cool now. And you've got a bunch of sponsors that help put this on and a bunch of teams that help put this on. As somebody listening, is there something you're still looking for to you need more sponsors? Do you want more teams? How can people listening help with the event that's coming up?
Speaker 3: You know, we're good for sponsors because we always like to publicize, put them the names on.
Speaker 2: Shirts, and we've got that done.
Speaker 3: We're good for sponsors, but we can always use more walkers.
Speaker 2: And you can form a team at any time.
Speaker 1: I love that. And again, the event is coming up this weekend. We'll tell you more about the details on the event. So if you're listening or going, hey, I'd like to be a part of that, we'll give you all of those details here in just a bit. How long We'll start with Julie, how long have you been involved in this and what was it that got you involved?
Speaker 3: Well, my husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's about a little over nine years ago and we have been involved with the foundation almost at day one, just right away, and it's so important to us that about two years ago I became an employee.
Speaker 1: Very cool, and you know that's something that affects you personally, and it's something that you know, this is something that's really important. Devinie, how did you get involved in How long have you been involved?
Speaker 2: This is my second year volunteering for the Step Big Walk and it was just kind of a random opportunity that presented itself and it's been amazing to be a part of.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you both for your involvement. I think this is a wonderful thing. And you know, there are probably a lot of people listening that know someone with Parkinson's, whether it's somebody they know, you know very personally, or if it's just you know, I think a lot of people. Just a few years back, when Michael J. Fox was diagnosed, that was a time when many people started learning more about this. But this has been around a while, so it's not a new thing, even though there are some people that maybe didn't know a whole lot about it before. And my father in law actually has Parkinson, so we see it up close and in person all the time. So again, thank you, thank you for all that you guys are doing. Absolutely now, the Step Big for Parkinson's and will walk again. It is coming up this weekend. It's Saturday, the third, and it says you're gonna walk rain or shine. We had a little bit of rain yesterday. Hopefully we have more shine this weekend. That would be nice.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be great weather.
Speaker 1: Yes. Now it says registration eight am, walk at nine am. Do I need to register in advance? Or can I just show up on Saturday? If I wake up and go, you know what, I got time, I'm doing this.
Speaker 3: You can walk at the time, you can register at the time and again.
Speaker 1: The event is going to happen at the Jefferson High School, which is the new high school kind of on the north west side of Sioux Falls. And it's a beautiful facility. And you said this is the second year that you've been there, correct. I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sixteen hundred North Marion Road. It is beautiful and it'll be a fun, fun fill day.
Speaker 1: I'm going to throw a link to make it easy for folks to find this. And if somebody listening would like to get involved next year, how do they do that? If there's maybe a business saying hey, I'd like to be a sponsor next year. Who do they reach out to to be a part of this.
Speaker 3: The easiest way is to contact us on our website, South Dakota Parkinson dot org backslash step Hyphenbig Hyphen.
Speaker 1: Walk very nice and again I'm gonna throw a link to that to make it easy to find. So if you're going, hey, I'd like to do that, but I'm driving and I didn't write that down. It's okay. I'm gonna throw a link on our Facebook page. Again, Devinie and Julie, thank you so much for your time. We appreciate what you guys do.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you so much, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Again. The Step Big for Parkinson Walk is this weekend. It's this Saturday, August third, Jefferson High School. Registration at eight, walk at nine. More information at South Dakota Parkinson dot org or like I said, I'll throw link at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash sou Falls News.
Speaker 3: Hey, Something you should Know.
Speaker 1: Something you should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com.