Speaker 1: It's kind of funny because we're talking about a potential Bailey relationship and we won't get a lot of details. But Jenny and I, especially me, are like being very encouraging, like meet this guy. But Bailey, because she's Bailey, will say something like, well, you know, I don't know. He's too tall, he's too short, he's too thin, he's too old, he's too young. His shoe size is wrong, and so Bailey will come up with the reasons, and I'm like very encouraging. It's like he sounds like he likes you.
Speaker 2: Hmm. Well, I mean if his shoes were too big then I could trip over them.
Speaker 1: And that's well, you know what, right, blow him off, block him.
Speaker 3: Can't do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should ask him how big are your feet? Are they clown.
Speaker 1: Big or all?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Let's say the other day we got an email from a guy named Neil, and Neil lives in Atlanta, and he came up for the state Fair. He used to live here, and he bought a state Fair puzzle and on the puzzle box he showed a picture of you know, all the different things like people winning a Teddy Bear and people on the giant slide and people eating corn and the whatever, and one was a DJ because you know radio people broadcast from the State Fair every year. And he said the DJ looked a lot like Dave Ryan, and I said, I'll take that. I will own that. Sure that that is me? I mean, sure, it's not really not, but why not. It looks more like me than it does most other DJs. So I'll go ahead and take that one. So he said, I wrote in the other day and I didn't proofread. Okay. My son sixteen asked if it was Dave on the puzzle, and I love that Dave owned it. So Dave asked about Atlanta because he lives in Atlanta, and I said, I've heard Atlanta not very good things. Here are my thoughts. I was born and lived in Minnesota my entire life. I'm forty plus year or forty plus years, and I loved it. My wife got a job opportunity in Atlanta which was too good to pass up, so we made the jump. Honestly, I was not excited about it at all. We ended up here, and honestly, after two years, I love it. Oh yay. Yes, people who travel here for work, including my friends, don't love it because downtown is very sketchy. Everything that happens here is north of downtown. The only reason I go downtown is for a concert or sporting event. Yes, traffic is awful, so you just add extra time and deal with it. The food scene is amazing. The weather is mostly amazing. I love wearing shorts. Nine to ten months out of the year. We go back to Minnesota many times because our families and friends are all there. I love the lakes and getting to see the snow. It was a hard adjustment, but I have no regrets and I love it. The people are sincerely, so kind and friendly, even more than Minnesota. And I know it's been a discussion on the show regarding Minnesota. Nice Anyway, Sorry for the long email, but we listen to the show daily and I listened to the podcast always love It, Love y'all. As they say here dart Lick Neil in Atlanta, that's good to know, my friend. I don't want to say who they are and call them out, but they travel for business, they go to Atlanta, they must stay downtown. They hate it. Oh they say it's just gross, sure, and a little scary, a little sketchy.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's like a sketchy area of every single city ever, or at least like in terms of that city, Like you could say North Minneapolis is sketchy, but like, is it really all that sketchy? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like being in it. I think, you know, maybe the yardstick is going to be different. For like I would not want Alison walking alone at night North Minneapolis. Yeah, yeah, so, but I would not mind Alison walking alone at night through Apple Valley. But I really wouldn't want to walking alone at night anywhere, honestly. So thank you Neil for following up. I really appreciate that. You know, it'd be great to find I was talking to my son Chase yesterday. He lives in Phoenix. They've had a very hot year, very hot. He said, it's ridiculous. It's still hitting over one hundred degrees every day and it's in October. And he said, if I ever move, it's going to be because of the heat. And I said, if I ever move, it's going to because of the cold in the winter, because I would love to be able to wear shorts nine to ten months out of the year like Neil does. But I don't know. The winters here start mid November ish and they go to April first ish, Yeah, and then it starts to get warm enough that you get to go outside and outdoor restaurant patios open up around that time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And there's such a difference of that, like April fifty and that fall fifty degree.
Speaker 1: I can fall.
Speaker 4: You're ready for your parka. It's spring. You're putting your shorts on, you your flip flops.
Speaker 1: Out like show. It's really funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last night it was so cold. I went to a show and it was like forty five degrees when I walked to my car and dark already at seven thirty. And I was like, man, I thrive in like sunshine, nice weather, and so the second it gets cold, I'm like, oh man, but I was thinking of you, Jenny. I was like, Jenny's probably having a good time. So I'm gonna be positive about it because I know Jenny's out there having fun somewhere.
Speaker 4: That's sweet.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I like gold weather. I don't love like negative cold weather and like ten feet of snow. That's not my ideal winter. But I like winter because I like winter sports, so you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, winter sports make it more tolerable. But I was telling Chase, I said, a lot of the time in the winter, I just sit inside and look at the calendar and wish that it would go by, go go.
Speaker 4: Don't you feel like it's a good time to just like decompress and like, I don't know, I feel like this summer was really crazy for me, and so I like really love bringing out winter because I know I can just take a breather. I know I don't have something every weekend, and I can just chill and not feel bad about chilling.
Speaker 1: There's that, yeah, I mean, there's definitely some things about winter that are tolerable. You come inside, you get a fire, you watch football. You know, you do your indoor activities like your ukulele or your magic or whatever it is you like to do inside, and you don't feel bad about not being outside, because I do get the guilt sometimes on a beautiful July day that I'm like inside doing anything when I should be outside. Demante writes in says Long Time, No Talk summers are a struggle for me. My wife doesn't work during them in order to take care of artistic autistic child. So nothing but six days and ten hour work weeks for me it's all good. I make it through the day. The show has been great. I feel like y'all are hitting a stride and are really playing off each other with ease. I would agree with that. I think that I love the people on the show right now. I love the fact that everybody is a team player and everybody will support the other people on the show. And trust me, I've worked with people that are not team players and they forget that there are other people on the show that also want to be supported. I am l oling. Every episode multiple times has been really good. Bailey's witty remarks are the best. I love the sound she makes when she is super excited or is giggling about something goofy, like poop stories.
Speaker 2: Those poop stories high quality humor.
Speaker 1: Vaunt has made Jenny's job way less stressful and brings that young personality to the show. Dave is always reliable for advice and a worn out joker too. And hey, Jenny, if I'm not too late for that to still make sense, that shit was funny. Oh that was hey Jenny. Oh I get it. It was a sexual j.
Speaker 4: You said that I don't know if I know this, and then I got it. Yeah, last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last week we had somebody on the show that was like, say hi to Bailey, Hi Bailey, say hi to vant Hi Vaughan, say hi to Jenny.
Speaker 4: It wasn't just that.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, Billy, I love you so much.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy.
Speaker 4: Oh, Dave, you're the best. Jenny, Hey Jenny. And I was like, oh, okay, I must have done this person dirty at some point. Apparently I don't.
Speaker 1: Know that shit was funny, says Davante. But my kid, Jenny's the engine pulling the ship forward. She's gotten funnier with the new crew as well. I wanted to email in about the cutting off of music in the podcast. It really sucks. I was so excited the other day to hear an old bit y'all haven't done in a while, cougar one, oh one, God all hide for it. Just to skip ahead for a moment. I forgot about the new stupid rules. Yeah, we can't play music on the podcast.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're so sorry about that, Like, obviously we would allow it if we could. It's just that we can't. We don't have the rights to music and podcasting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we never will. I mean, and there are podcasts that play music, and I heard one the other day and they were playing music, and I thought, well, they're probably just not a big enough podcast to raise the attention of the record labels and the artist copyright owners. Anyway, part of me thought this was just a ploy to get more listeners to the show when it's actually live on the FM radio. Still could be, but the Breakfast Club has followed suit taking out all the clips of music as well. They are also an iHeart radio show. I know they are in the iHeart family. I listened to fallon and Cult show, and somebody should let Cult know. I think he is the one that chopps should show up for podcast format and there are full songs on their podcasts. Sometimes I will let.
Speaker 4: Them know because that is an editing mistake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they don't want to get in trouble, so let Cult know. Maybe Cult definitely does the editing of that. So yeah, he doesn't want to get puss did because if you get if we get busted, they have a pattern here at iHeart if you get busted and they told you they have no grace. So in other words, if you there is a certain rub sports phrase that we cannot say and It is a very popular sports phrase and it was even in the song Jock Jams and the announcer created this phrase. And you're not allowed to say it on the radio because they will come after you. They do not If I were to say that on the radio, I would not There would be no grace. It'd be like, motherfucker, we told you not to say that on the radio.
Speaker 4: So I did do something with that on the radio. After you worry you are dreaming, Jenny, don't admit to anything. Don't admit no, you did not. You did not, You're dreaming. But one of my best give it to Me Guys of the Day was produced with that song in it and that phrase and not Think, and someone requested to hear it one day and I was like, oh, yeah, we'll play it. And then it was like in the in between of being told we're not allowed to use.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what you're talking about. I have nothing to do with I don't have any idea I do anything. I have no idea either. You're right anyway. I know it's out of your control. But I miss the mixtape game and all the other fun stuff that involves music clips, toodles, thank you demante love that. Yeah, that is the way it is. Okay, We're going to delete that one and move on to another one. I think your conversation this is from Rochelle think your conversation about places or artists or restaurants that you avoid because of political reasons is really interesting and have often meant to write in to ask if you have any place on your list. I agree with Jenny. I have never gone to a Chick fil A and I personally never will because of their historical stand on LGBT rights. I will also never go to Hobby Lobby because they are privately owned by the Green family, who took it upon themselves to refuse to provide certain contraceptive care in their employee health insurance. They took it all the way to the Supreme Court. I mean us Burwell versus Hobby Lobby, So employers are not required to provide certain contraceptive care and their health insurance plans if it is against their beliefs. I find this so abhorrent that their personal views on God give them the right to deny health care to their employees and open the door for other companies to do the same. So gross. This is true harm to society. I respect religions. That's really all I can say is like, you know what, you can't look at somebody's religion. You can and go that is horrible, but that is people's religion, you know what I mean. And you guys don't have to agree, and I don't agree, but I think that religion comes into so many things. Look at all the wars that have been fought over religion, yeah, and continue to be fought. And I read a song or I heard a song one time that was something like, what would God say about all the wars and deaths that have been fought over him and the belief in God?
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably wouldn't be thrilled.
Speaker 1: What would God say? Because people have been have been killed? I mean Christians used to be thrown to the lions back in the day, you know, back in the seventies or so.
Speaker 2: I think though, like in general, we could say that about I mean both not sides, because there's not really a side, but like people who believe in in like if they're a Christian and they believe that, like, oh, these people shouldn't have rights because the Bible says so. And then there are also people who are Christian who say, well, Jesus loved prostitutes. So like there's kind of like two sides too, like who's to say who's right kind of thing about the Bible because everybody thinks that they're right about it and it's a big old cluster.
Speaker 1: F Okay, the Bible is a big old cluster. F Is that what it is?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 3: That's uh.
Speaker 1: You can well. The Bible is so interesting because there will be different interpretations, right. I think there's one part of the Bible that says a man should not lay down with another man that is detestable or something like that, and then another part of the man says, get after that. But the Bible get after that. Ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's Matthew twelve seventeen.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, Matthew ass get after that. Ass No. And I joke. And I do respect the Bible, and I do respect the religion and the Quran and all these different things because it means so much to people. But I will say that's all I'm going to say about that.
Speaker 2: I do you think people weaponize it when they shouldn't?
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, weaponize the Bible when they should? Yes, yes, yeah, I don't care what you do. I can live my life my way.
Speaker 2: If it doesn't affect me, then why should I make it my entire And the.
Speaker 1: Only time it does affect you is when people want to kill you because of your religious beliefs, and that has gone on through history. Okay, we're moving on this is. She goes on to say, love you guys so much. I am in the percentage that listens to the Minnesota Goodbye and not the show because I don't have enough time for both anymore. I appreciate that you listen. Rachelle, thank you so much. I think we gave Mike a birthday shout out yesterday.
Speaker 2: We didn't need happy and he is.
Speaker 1: He writes a couple of questions show. He brings up a couple of things. He says, am I too old to listen to the show today? I turned fifty seven? Like the subject of how old is too old to wear a bikini? Am I too old to be such a big fan of you all on the show? Absolutely not. We have people that are seventy plus that listen to the show, and I think that, like me, I would listen to this show and I'm older than you. Mike. Yeah, because it's a fun show. It's a positive show. It's an edgy show. It is interesting. It is always like you know, sampling. It's like a big buffet of different things. Ye celebrity news, a little bit of pop culture, news, games, fun, prizes, music. I don't want just sports. I don't want just you know, like all respect to the k Fan Morning Show. It's a room full of bros. And that's great. I don't know that I would want to listen to that every day. Do they not have any girls? Occasionally? They do occasionally.
Speaker 4: Marnie Gellner's like a pretty big person on their show, and Carly Zucker goes on there a lot too.
Speaker 2: Oh, but they're like not like the on the team. I guess, I don't know anything the.
Speaker 4: Three main guys, but they've got like twenty people that come in.
Speaker 1: Out of the show they do. They've always had, And you know what, I'm so proud of those guys because I've known all of those guys when they were making three dollars and thirty five cents an hour. I've known Hockey when he was Lee Volsvick's assistant over at a a classic hit station, and so Lee Volsvick did the morning show, and Chris Hockey was her assistant. Now look at him. Yeah, Meat Sauce was. I don't even know how he got started. But Corey Cove, he was who is the snapper, the long snapper for the for the Vikings that did the morning show, Mike, Mike Morris, Mike Morris, and he was his assistant. And that kid would come in. He was like twenty years old. Every day work all day back when it was internships for free. And I looked at Corey Cove and I said, you are going places, because that is what it takes to do well in mornings is a passion, whether you're getting paid a lot of money or not. And that motherfucker is getting paid really well now and he is so successful. And so I'm so proud of all those guys. Yeah, Okay. Another thing that Mike brings up is when is fall highway cleanup? I don't know we're we gonna do a fall highway cleanup.
Speaker 4: I had waited till well, no, IM probably waited a little too long, but I was waiting until we got done with like Bailey's birthday bash. But we yes, we'll do one soon.
Speaker 1: Okay. Dave interested in doing the Chan Hassen five K on Thanksgiving morning. I'm going to do it with lover running buddy, I'm going to look into that body count. He says. It should be bringing the women to the finish. Guys can finish with a nerf ball. Women deserve to finish. Hakevat Oh, vote not Vaughn. Vote. Learn about the policies and governance style of the candidates, find those that match your convictions, then vote for them. Naughty topics. Though the naughty topics may not always be what I want to hear, you do give a warning, and sometimes one just needs a salacious story. Adore y'all, thanks for helping me keep life in perspective. All right, that is from BFF Mike. Thank you, Mike. Hope you had a good birthday.
Speaker 5: Mike.
Speaker 1: Hey, we have a rant from Juananita, and if I push all the buttons correctly, this should work. So let's see. Here comes jan Nita's rant.
Speaker 3: Hey, yo, hey, I.
Speaker 5: Wanted to hear back with this week's episode of shit that just pisses me off.
Speaker 3: Excuse the headdress. I had to wash my hair.
Speaker 5: So last weekend, me and my husband decided to go to Burlington and we were shopping around for some nicknaps, so I parked my truck. We get out, there's this woman in front of us. She had a terrible coffee cup in her hand. So as soon as she gets close to the door, she's looking around. She's trying to find a garbage can. Didn't see a garbage can sitting in front.
Speaker 3: Of the store.
Speaker 5: So then she says, well, since you guys don't have time to put a garbage can in front of in front of the door, then you figure out where to put this.
Speaker 3: And she took her fucking coffee cup and put.
Speaker 5: It in the goddamn window, like you bitch, why would you do that? So I'm just standing there. My husband looking at me. He goes, what are you about to do? I'm like, you kind of figure what I'm gonna do. So he goes in the store. He says, I'm not witnessing anything. So he goes in the store. I grabbed the cup. I took it over to a car because I saw where she parked. I took it over to her car and I sat on her windshield under the windshield wiper, and I left the note and I said, I fouled you a garbage can. I'm like, why would you do that? That is the rudest shit in the world. People are just so fucking rude. So I go in the store. As soon as I walk in the store, you could see a garbage can that's sitting right there in front of the door, So she could have easily just walked in and just threw it, threw it away right there as soon as she walked in the door. So I'm looking around for her because I was going to wait to see what happened when she goes out to her car.
Speaker 3: I never found her. I went and found my husband. I'm like, where'd she go? He goes I'm not telling you, but I never saw her again.
Speaker 5: So I don't know if she went in left out because there's a famous footwhere in another store is maybe she left out and she went to another store.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I never saw her again.
Speaker 5: But I just really wanted to see her reaction when she saw that goddamn Caribou coffee cup sitting on her wind Bitch.
Speaker 3: For this week. Love you guys.
Speaker 2: That is so bold to be like, oh you didn't want to throw that away?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll take it and I'll put it on your Windshiel and love that. That is so funny. Thank you, Juanita. I appreciate that everyone needs in their life.
Speaker 4: I think show stand up for you when you're too timid, too or whatever.
Speaker 1: You need a Jana just to follow you around. Yeah, it's true. Yeah, because you know she is the friend who will be like, that is the dumbest looking shirt I've ever seen. Take that shirt off, Take that shirt up right now. It's like, oh you you think, I mean, like, okay, wan to do you want to go see this movie? No, I'm not gonna go see that stupid fucking movie. You go see it yourself, your stupidest fucking movie out. So and I think that I don't. I don't know. I would love. Susan's not like that. Susan's very pliable, Like if I were wearing a new shirt that had I did order his shirt for things, even that has turkeys all over it. Muote, I'm pretty excited about it.
Speaker 4: You wearing it on Thanksgiving, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna wear it on Thanksgiving and around Thanksgiving. It's popping up on my Instagram.
Speaker 2: And it's like, of course it's popping up on your Instagram. Your schmuck.
Speaker 1: Come on, why does that make me a schmuck?
Speaker 2: Just that you are such a like soccer soccer for any Instagram ad ever.
Speaker 1: It's good for the economy.
Speaker 2: Well all right, well.
Speaker 4: So what did you click on that you're getting fed turkey shirts?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I ordered a shirt that has a picture of Jesus on it and it says something like you're all a big disappointment and you wearing.
Speaker 4: That on Christmas.
Speaker 1: Then I ordered it and I haven't got it yet, and I'm really I'm really mumm because I thought that's a funny shirt. It's got Jesus with his arms spread and he's all he's saying, You're all a big disappointment. And I thought that was really fucking funny. And I think that somehow this shirt metric captured me. So what shows up on your ads? I mean I get a lot of shirts lately. If I open up Facebook right now, I get.
Speaker 2: At sheets, sheets, a lot of sheets, a lot of earrings. Yeah, I guess like I click on things though, and I never buy anything. I just click on them.
Speaker 4: So for me, currently, I'm making window covers for my van, so I'm getting fed ads about window covers that you can just buy. That's like the main thing for me. But let's see what else. Mine's all like, camper van, I don't know. Harvest host is another thing that you can like camp on people's land with cap Yeah, like I have that coming at me too. So yeah, that's mine.
Speaker 1: And yours is Shine is like sheets and earrings. Yeah, clothing, a lot of clothing. Let me know what shows up in your in your feed over and over because mine is absolutely magic tricks and shirts constantly, and that's going to do it for this Minnesota. Goodbye. Thanks for all the emails, And if you want to send something in love to hear from you for your first time writer, you get a staff writer sticker if you include your address and send that in to Ryan Show at kadiwb dot com