Speaker 1: Golf Smarter number four hundred eleven, published on November nineteen, twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: Welcome to golf Smarter Mulligans, your second chance to gain insight and advice from the best instructors featured on the Golf Smarter podcast. Great Golf Instruction Never gets old. Our interview library features hundreds of hours of game improvement conversations like this that are no longer available in any podcast app.
Speaker 3: My biggest deal is is I never want a three touch. If I can hit the ball within twenty feet as the hole and I can play most of them, I'm going to make three or four. It's all of a sudden, I'm shooting three under, you know, And that's what I strive to do. I never want a three touch. And the consistency with my putter. If you cast the plutter, if you heat a piece of material up and let it cool off, it's going to be hotspots in that putter. There will be places on that face or the wall will jump off faster than others, and places that are dead when they win is seated up, you know, those molecules will run and they'll stay there at when the cools, they'll stay out there too. We're seeing the putters, it's the same all the way across that face, so it's always going to feel the same. That's why I don't do any putters with inserts, because inserts number one, they will move number two if the temperature changes by or ten degrease the fuel or an insert change, so it's like you're putting it's a different putter. I want this putter to feel the same if you're playing in one hundred and twenty degree heat or you're playing at forty degrees. Is a thirty mile an mile win and having it rain, and it's going to feel the same every time you stroke it, and that's going to want build confidence and repeatability.
Speaker 1: How to pick your perfect putter with Kenny Janini. This is Golf Smarter. Welcome to Golf Smarter for members only. Kenny, Well, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Bred I'm glad to be here.
Speaker 1: This is interesting. I'm recording this late at night. We never do nighttime recordings, and I'm excited that we're both kind of sitting back, relaxed. We've had dinner, glass of wine, and now it's time to talk about putters.
Speaker 3: Well, it's sure is. I'm excited about it.
Speaker 1: Not as excited as I am. So what I wanted to focus on this conversation is the consumer and what they need to know if they want to build the perfect putter for themselves, all the different elements that they should be looking at, as opposed to walking in a store where they have this little practice putting green that's kind of filtered right into a hole and not really knowing, just like putting a club in your hand, going yeah, this is the right one for me. Is that the best way to buy a putter.
Speaker 3: No, that's not the way to buy a putter.
Speaker 1: I didn't think you did that. I thought you'd agree with that.
Speaker 3: No, you know, you need to be fitted. You know, somebody needs to be fitted for a putter. You know, some people have a putting path that goes through the inside the square to the inside. Some people go straight back and straight through. Some butters are made for the toe to release, and some of you know, it's they're not made to release. And you know, you need to first find out what kind of a plutty stroke you have, whether it's straight back and straight through, whether it's on an arc. Basically, putters that are center shaft that they balanced type putters. You know, it's hard to get to toes to release on that and to square up, so you don't want to have an inside path inside the square back to the inside. Again, if you have a putter that's a toe on release on, you know, that's that's an important thing right there.
Speaker 1: So this is a situation where people go, you know, I have I have an inside to outpath. They shouldn't be changing their stroke or listening to teachers saying, you know, you're doing it all wrong. They should do it what's most comfortable for them and then pick the putter that works in that direction.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean, I mean there is a lot of you know, people will watch the tour over the years, I mean, there are a lot of putting strokes out there that you wouldn't teach somebody to put like. But again, if you can repeat it and know where the ball is going to go, it works, you know. I mean there's I mean, there's you know, obviously there's an ideal stroke where you're making everything that bit I'm not I wouldn't want to change anybody's putting strokes somebody that they have grooveed. I mean, we can get a putter that'll fit that stroke.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I mean that's what I believe. M hm.
Speaker 1: So you create putters, you create putters for both styles.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, you know. I mean I don't you know, I know, the putter that I like to cut with but looks good in my eye. I mean the first thing when you find a putter has to look good to you. I mean, it has to look good down there. I mean, that's why we have so many different styles. I mean, not everything looks you know, good to the same to everybody. H So you find something that looks good to you to your eye down there, and then you know, you know, we make a putter that we call it G four and we have that and shafted with double bind where the total release. We have it set back with a double bend where it won't release as much. We have the set back with a straight shaft in it with no offset on it in center shaft. You know, it's basically the same putterhead, but it's four different putters, but it has that look. So we can fit anybody in that putter if they like that, look for any stroke that they have.
Speaker 1: And the design of the head is really more about the what you feel comfortable looking at. It has nothing to do with performance.
Speaker 3: Oh, it has everything to do with performance. I mean, you know, to be honest with you, I mean, I've produced putters that I don't really care for myself. They don't look good to my eye. But again, as I said before, you know, I don't know everything that there is. I learn every day and I listen to everybody that talks about putters. And just because I don't prefer it it doesn't look good to my eye doesn't mean it doesn't look good to yours. I know, I'm taking and make it as the best that I can make it personally myself, I might not put with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's that's the honest truth. No, And then that makes more. That makes a lot of sense because you're trying to sell putters, so you want to appeal to as many people as possible. Exactly, that makes sense. You're in business. I mean, that makes total sense. And so let's talk about getting fitted for a putter. What does that entail and what should you be looking for? Because you know, I guess that guys who do club fittings for your your irons and your your fairway woods, your drivers may not have the skill to fit you for putters. Are they different skill sets?
Speaker 3: Well, it's going to be pretty much the sense Gill set. I mean, you need to know a little bit about putting number one and how the platter works. You know that you know you have the right size of grip. You know, the bigger the grip, the less hands that you can get. You know, personally myself, I'm using a larger grip right now, and after we get done talking, I'm and go out in my garage and I'm going to cut that grip off and go back to a little one because I'm more comfortable with that. You need to know the shaft that's in it. You know, shafts can vary in weight, they can vary in stiffness. I prefer a step shaft kind of the shaft that we use is kind of like the old Wilson head speed. It's got a little whip at the bottom so you get a lot of fuel. You know, if I put a stiffer, heavier shafts in there, you're going to have less feel at the bottom.
Speaker 1: You know, you're getting the head off. Now. I was going to get to shafts in a little bit, but I want to get through the fitting process.
Speaker 3: It's all it's all part of fitting. It's all goes into there, right, you know, the lie on the golf club, you know, and what kind of a stroke you have. I mean they should be able to figure out if you are somebody putt whether they go straight back and straight through or whether they have an art in their spleen and their stroke. That's pretty easy to figure out. And you just go from there. You know, we give him, you know, I would fit somebody. I would give him different putters to try and you know, see what works best with their with their pudding stroke.
Speaker 1: And when you say works best, what exactly does that mean.
Speaker 3: That they make the most parts? You know, I want to I like to sit somebody with a putter and watch them, you know, uh, you know, as an example, I'm not going to use this gentleman's name that I fit somebody last week, or the putter and stood there and watched to make fifteen out of fifteen for twelve feet whoa and he was a static.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, from fifteen feet that's a big deal.
Speaker 3: From twelve feet twelve.
Speaker 1: It's still from twelve feet. I mean, what even on the tour, they're only making about fifty percent of the putts inside of ten.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I can't say that that this is going to happen on the golf course every time and he goes out. But I know that I fit into perfection and this putter fits him, and he who loves it. I bet he just absolutely loves it. You know, we were on an absolutely pure, pure beyond belief putting surface to do this on. I mean, it's a little tougher to do it if you're not on a good green or something that's not level where you can see everything that the one that I did this ang was absolutely perfect.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that most club fitters understand how to fit for putters as well, That's not something that I'm going to say that.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say that they have a pretty good idea for butter. Yes, okay, you know what I mean, they should be able to if you know, I mean, they can fit it. I'm not sure how much they understand the difference in the in the putters and how they're made and what they do. I mean, I just don't know. I don't you know. If you gave me a specific person, I could give you an answer. But every fitter in the world.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, right, Well, I mean, because I recently had a fitting for my my uh fairwy Woods Hybrids that kind of thing, not my not my irons. But you know we're talking about, you know, the the ball speed, the club head speed, all these things that really aren't relevant to putters. But the fitter was pretty well versed in all the different products that were out on the market. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, if I could take I could take one putter, one of my putters, and I could put different shafts in it, different grifts on it, and change you know, things that I can do just with grifts and shafts, and I could take ten of these putters and you'd have ten putters that felt different, reacted different to the ball coming.
Speaker 1: Off of them.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, it's very it's important, very important to get the fitting exactly, you know. I mean, the lie is so important, the liar, you know, I don't know where you want to go now. I mean, the lie is is very very important, the lie in the putter when it sits on the ground.
Speaker 1: So now I need for you to clarify exactly what that means. The lie of the putter.
Speaker 3: Well, if you if you know, you can grab a putter in store and set it down on the ground with you know, every individual was different to hold their hands in a different spot. Some are shorter, some are taller their hands, you know. And so if the toe of the putter sits up in the air, the putter is too upright. It needs to be bent down to where that putter, you know, sols you can hold your ones where you want to hold them, and that putter is sold correctly. And if it was too flat, it would be up on a toe.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: So you have to be able to bend this putter you wanted to go smoothly through.
Speaker 1: So then let's move on. And then too uh, Now that you found the fitter that you like, he's doing a fitting on you. Now you have to put the different elements together to create the pitter, the putter that works best for you. And where should should you start on talking about the different components.
Speaker 3: Well, again, most most pro shops or you know, retail outlets, you know, they're not able to do what I'm able to do. I mean I have the heads, I have the chefs, I have the grips, you know, I mean I could fit anybody into anything. I mean, I could, you know. I mean, I'm a little bit different than your average guy. But you're going to take a putter. If the average person amateur walks into a discount store or whatever and finds the putter that they like and feels good to them and they keep square, I mean they should. You know, they need to have the grip put on it that they that they want, and they need to have that club vent. I mean, those are the two things that the club fit are. The store like that's going to be able to do. He's going to be able to bend it. He's going to be able to put the right grip on, did you like?
Speaker 1: I recently I'm going to go up to the grips for this moment, but I recently put one of the fat grips on my putter and I was amazed at the difference. Or it's huge, it really is.
Speaker 3: I mean it really changes things that you know, it's going to change the fuel at the golf club. You know, as an example, if you take a thirty five inch putter and put a seven excuse me, a seventeen inch grip on there, you know you're counterbalancing the cutter. You're adding more weight to the butt end of the putter. You're going to lose swing lay points, your total overall weight on the putter is going to go up. But the putter's going to feel completely different with that grip on there, And you could cut it off and put a regular grip on there, and it's going to be a completely different putter and feeling again.
Speaker 1: To wait a minute, you said seventeen inch gript, you mean the length of the grip.
Speaker 3: We're doing a lot of putters that the guys that are switching over from the belly putters where we're doing like maybe a thirty six or thirty seven inch putter that they're going back to putting regularly with. But we put that seventeen inch gript counterbalance, so it's kind of kind of feel a lot like a belly putter when they're putting with it.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's really interesting. That extends the length of the putter. It's not just necessarily like I generally, it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't extend the length of the putter whatsoever. The grip just comes down for you have more weight than that butt end of the putter.
Speaker 1: The counterbalances so it's not just the thickness. It's just not the girth of the putter. It's also the length of it, I mean the grip.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Basically we're putting on the same grip that they have on a belly putter on a short putter.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm. And there's been this all this excitement lately about you know, especially with Mickelson and a bunch of guys winning on the tour, which changes the view of everybody when somebody wins on the tour. But these these fat grips, fat grip putters have become very very popular, right, and you're getting a lot of demand for that.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, we hit a little bit of demand for it, you know on my custom putters, you know, I mean we do not we have our own grip. We use pure grips at Arizona, and which I think is a fantastic grip.
Speaker 1: Why we got hooked.
Speaker 3: I just love the way it feels and I love the way it looks. It just feels great in your hands. Mm hmmm. So we put that on all of our stock putters that go out. I mean, if somebody custom mort or something and wants, you know, a superstroke grip or a win grip or something like that on there. We have, we'll put it on.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: We try to give everybody just what they want.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, of course first time out. And is that the basis of your business is customized putting putters or do you have I mean I've talked to Tim and he's saying that, you know, PGA superstores are now going to start carrying your putters. Is this true?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yes, I have the grand opening out here in Palm Desert this last week and it was we did very well out there.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, that's great.
Speaker 3: Well we had they had a re ordered Monday after the two days after they opened they needed to order more product.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And that is just you know, that's our standard cutter, and you know, and that's the bulk of our business, you know, is the retail in our standard putter, which are I don't know. I think there's thirteen different models now a fourteen.
Speaker 1: And that could all be found at Kenny Giannini putters dot com.
Speaker 3: Yes, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: But you do custom custom made putters for people as well. You mentioned in the last conversation that you've made for some of the biggest names in golf history.
Speaker 3: Well, you know I do, and you know I do a lot of those putters. Those are you know, those are my one of putters are definitely a different price point, and it takes a little while to get one, you know. Right now I'm back ordered about I don't know, three months. Wow, I only I only do. I only do between ten and fifteen of them a month. That's it.
Speaker 1: Mhmm.
Speaker 3: You know. I mean they take a long time to make, and we do a lot of special things to them and make them different. When somebody orders something like that, it's the one of you know, it's the only one like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it takes a long time to make it right.
Speaker 3: Well, I just try to make everything right.
Speaker 1: When you're custom making a putter, how do you At what point do you go got it?
Speaker 3: This is it?
Speaker 1: This is exactly what he wants.
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean I think I have it, you know, from the beginning. You know, I'm going to get an idea what he wants. You know, I understand when he's saying, you know, what kind of neck he wants on there? You know, I might take you know, our number four putter and and uh get that basic head designed to put a completely different neck on it. You know, I might put six degrees of loft on it instead of three and a half like we have on our standard putters. You know, he might be somebody that presses their hands way forward to needs that loft.
Speaker 1: Oh so if somebody pushes their hands forward like that, then they need more loft to the putter.
Speaker 3: Sure, because if they set their hands forward like that, they're taking off whatever loft is on the putter.
Speaker 1: And what is the what's the optimum loft for.
Speaker 3: Three and a half to three and a half to four degrees, it's the optimum loft. With the way that the greens are these days. You know, we used to put four, you know, and when I you know, and you know twenty five or thirty years ago, when we sent butters to Japan, we had to put four and a half or five on there because the greens are so fuzzy. You know, you need that ball to pop up and roll, you know, to kind of you know, now the greens are getting so good you can go with less locked qu My butters all have three my standard production putter, they all have three and a half degrees are lots on it.
Speaker 1: So you don't want the ball to get airborne at all, off the off the face of the pudd No, I want.
Speaker 3: That ball to just roll like to where it's supposed.
Speaker 1: To go in the hole, in the whole bottom of the hole, in the bottom of the cup. And should the butt when the ball leaves the putter ahead, should there be some slide to it or should it be rolling immediately?
Speaker 3: Well, you try to guess there's always going to be a little bit of skid to it, but you wanted to you want to get that roll as quickly as possible, so it'll always be a little skied to it, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And on the on the putter heads, and I love just having this conversation with you breaking down all the components to it. On the putter heads. Do you have a preference whether you go blade or mallet or you know, obviously personally, but also do you think one is better than the other? Or is again do we get back to just the look and the feel of it from from interesting individual?
Speaker 3: I mean, I know what works for me. I mean, you know I have my swing is inside back to square to the inside. I don't I'm not a straight back, straight through guy. So I mean, I know what I like. I mean, I put it with the same putter for twenty three years. I have a different one in my bag now. I just you know, I took the other one out. I put it for with twenty three years, and I took it out for a year, and then I put it back into another four and now it's out of there and I'm putting with something different. You know, I know what works for me and and and I again, just because it works for me doesn't mean it's going to work for somebody else. Sure, That's why we have so many different models that you know, everybody people have an idea of what they want, what they want to look at. You know. Personally myself, I don't care for a mallet. I'd never put with a mallet ever. It's just too bulky and too. It's just different for me. It just doesn't hit my swing, my stroke. And I make a lot of them. The guys that have them love them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a I'm a mallet kind of guy too. I like the line that gives me something to you know, go perpendicular or actually when I'm addressing and I can be parallel to that line.
Speaker 3: Alls. I mean myself, I look at the ball, and I look at the top edge of the player. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't need to look at the rest. I want to concentrate on on the ball, that's what I want to hit.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, let's move up from the putter ahead, now back up to the shaft and not just the center shaft or heel shaft. But then you talked about a double bend in a straight shaft. What are the differences there and what are the advantages of one over the other.
Speaker 3: Well, a straight shaft, you know, it has no bend in it. It's just going to be straight going right into the head in that shaft. I do in our Chubby R Number four putter with its center shaft where it's first perfectly face balanced, and then I do it set back a little bit to where that toe hangs at about two o'clock two or three o'clock, so that toe will release a little bit on that club. And I do the same in my mallet. Those are the ones we put the straight shaft hand. And then I also will take those shafts and put a little offset in it, which is going to get your hands a little bit ahead a little bit ahead or with the straight shaft, it's right over the center of the top line is where your hands are. You know, if you have a forward press, you don't want to use a butter like that unless you have a lot of loft on it.
Speaker 1: And the center shaft, the straight shaft is the one for center shafted heads.
Speaker 3: Center shaft and then set back a little bit, set back about so a little about a half an inch three come out of three come that's three eighths of an inch back of center. So it releases a little bit. And you know, I mean we should sell a bunch of those.
Speaker 1: And tell me about the double bend. What does that mean? And again what's the advantage of a double bend in the shaft.
Speaker 3: Well, the double bend in the shaft is when it comes up and without a neck on it, it's going directly into the head and that shaft will come up and it'll have a bend on it. We'll just put a little offset in it without having a neck on the putter hands a little bit more forward of the wall. It's just a different look. It's what looks good to different people for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and are there I know that there's a lot of variation not only in quality but also in price on shafts. When you're let's just say, building a driver, are there a lot of options on because you don't need a lot of bend on your shaft for your putter, So are there a lot of options on which shaft you should be looking towards for other than just the double bend or a straight.
Speaker 3: Well, the material we use you, you know, I mean we put the first steel on all my all of my putters. I put I don't put any graph light in where a graph flight, you're losing a lot of weight and a lot of the putters can balance differently, you know, I prefer the steel shaft. We use two different shafts. We use one that that has no steps in it. It's a little heavier, it's a little stiffer. And then the one I prefer is the one that put the step downs in it, which is basically a take off of the old Wilson head speed shaft. You know, it has a little width at the bottom, you have a little feel. I prefer that. You know, putting is a feel. You have to have that feel. You need to know where the head is. All the time, and I believe this and that's what I do with my product that I make.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: Those are the two shafts that I use. I use the KBS shaft that they make is what I put in.
Speaker 1: And why those shafts, Why do you like those the best?
Speaker 3: I just do. I mean, they give me the best feel.
Speaker 1: And it's really it really comes down to how it feels to you exactly. You don't do focus groups, you don't have a lot of people try them out and you watch them. It's all about how you feel.
Speaker 3: Well. No, but I do have a lot of fun. I have a circle of friends that are that are you know, ninety nine percent of them are former tour players that I might send you know, we'll go and play golf and I'll say, hey, well you think about this or something, and I'll get a little feedback back like I told you before. But I believe me. I do not believe that. I know. I'm not the king of putters. You know, I do the best that I can do, and I don't believe that I know the answer to every question. That's why I listen to everything that people say to me. Whether I said I've learned some things from thirty handicaps about platters, you know, an idea they might have and say, well, you know, I'm looking at this, or you know, I listen and then I try to, you know, take that file it away in my little brain and pull it out when I need it. And I let guys try my putters before we put them on the market. Oh yeah, I'm a small group of friends who get the prototypes and get to play with those and go then I if I need to, you know, all listen to what they have to say about it. Luckily that I don't really ever have any negatives about them, so I'm a happy guy. Very few I've had, or very few of them I've had to redo. I kind of them on one hand in thirty five years.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, that's and the wouldn't fill up the hand. You can still hold a couple of balls in your hand. Well, you may not be the king of putters, but you're probably the prince, the prince of putters.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm just Kenny. That's it. I'm the same as everybody else, and I treat everybody the same, and I'm not I don't have a gigantic ego or I listened to everything. Everybody has to say everything.
Speaker 1: One of the things that you mentioned when we were talking, you know, off microphone, was the finish of a putter, and you feel that that's really important and I'm not even sure I know exactly what that means.
Speaker 3: Well, the finish on the putter is you know, it's kind of like why you know, finished on the putter is going to give you the feel you know, you're covering that steel up to protect it from rusty. Now, you know, I don't know if I should say this, but personally, on my own butters, I've paid nothing on them. I let them rust and turned that brown Nashville brown, really without anything on them. That's what I do on my own, so mine because I like to feel and nothing on there. I just like to feel there the raw steel, and I like to look at it.
Speaker 1: So when they start rusting, do you it's like, okay, I'm done with this, when I can move on.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I like it to look like that. I want it to look like it's one hundred years old. I'm not one of the guys, is you know. Like I told you before, I'm not in the blink. I don't want it shining in my eyes. I don't. I want it to perform. And you know, like the putter i'm putting with now is a prototype that we're going to introduce next year, and I love it and I did only made two of them, and I made one and I put no finish on it all and another one that has our black PVD finish on it. And you know, for some reason, they feel about they feel about the same. There's no real difference between them that I just prefer the other one that's rusting naturally and the other one. I had played with one of my friends the other day to form a tool player, and he just happened to I had the black one in my bag putting with it that day and he just happened to say, I got to have this. I'm taking it. So he has it now and I'm just playing with the natural one. That's what I prefer. It's kind of like bon Vogi when he does his wedges for the tour, you know, the raw finished they sweat a rust.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but on a wedge.
Speaker 3: That's what that's what I That's what I do with mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But a wedge is is a little different because now you're digging into the saying, you know you're digging into the grass. You got to get the mud up there. You gotta get it wet. It's it's getting a lot of different performance on a wedge then you're getting in a butter. It's going through a lot more torture me.
Speaker 3: But when I do that, this plutter is polished the same as one that would begin to finish on it. And I mean if I did one with no finish on it and didn't platinum putter with a finish on it, you would probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two. Then that that platinum one will always stay like that. The one I'm playing with it's going to rust, it's going to turn brown.
Speaker 1: And what are the options on finishes or for r putters are there any well?
Speaker 3: The natural plutters like I play with, that's only on my custom want us. We don't do that production. And then our finish in production is we have our satin nickel finish which we call platinum, and then our black PVD that is I just changed that finish and we're going to a satin black which will be no glare or shining the sun of putter whatsoever. We're just running the first bunch of those right now. M So those are the two finishes that we offer.
Speaker 1: I'm going to put you in an uncomfortable position for a moment, Kenny. I know you're not going to like this question, but I'm gonna I'm gonna throw it out here anyway. Why should people own a Kenny Giannini putter?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I think I believe it's the finest putter made on the market. It has the engineering to it. It has slot face, the soft slot face, which will be discussed before. I'm it's going to keep the blade square that I believe that anyone out there. I think it looks great. And you know, I mean it's kind of old school. I mean there's no gimmicks, there's no you know, bells and whistles that goes along with it. It's just major perform better than anything else in the market.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm going to toss out an answer. You tell me an answer to that question. You tell me if you would agree with this statement. When I ask why should somebody own a Kenny Ganini putter, the answer I think should be because you're going to sink more putts.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, if you I believe. I agree with that. Yeah, you'll sink more puts.
Speaker 1: There you go, then you will. So it doesn't matter what it looks like or what you know, it's like, what what the elements are, as long as the results are there and you hear the happy sound of the ball going in the cup. Isn't that what it's all about?
Speaker 3: That is what it's all about, you know. Personally myself, you know, my biggest deal is is I never want a three cuts. I'm gonna make. If I can hit the ball within twenty feet as a hole and I can play most of them, I'm going to make three or four all of a sudden, I'm shooting three under, you know. And that's what I strive to do. I never want a three cut. And the consistency with my putters, there's noe by knowing the plutter. If you can the plutter or forth. If you heat a piece of material up and let it cool off, it's there's going to be hot spots in that putter. There'll be places on that face where the wall will jump off faster than others, and places that are dead. When it's sheet it up, you know, those molecules will run and they'll stay there, and then they'll when it cools, they'll stay out there too. You know, when machining the putters, it's the same all the way across that face, so it's always going to feel the same. That's why I don't do any putters with inserts sound because inserts number one they will move number two. If the temperature changes five or ten degrees, the fuel of that insert will change, so it's like you're putting, it's a different putter. I want this splutter to feel the same. If you're playing in one hundred and twenty degree heater, you're playing in forty degrees. Is thirty mile a mile win? And having it raining, It's going to feel the same every time you stroke it, and that's what I want, built confidence and repeatability.
Speaker 1: Well you ain't the king of bling, but you're the prince of putters.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Kenny. I really appreciate you. You've given the education but also sharing your knowledge with us. I've learned a tremendous amount and I cannot wait to give a Kenny Giannini putter a try because I just have a sense that I may be going from thirty three thirty four putts around down to twenty eight twenty nine, and that is my goal.
Speaker 3: Well that's you know, that's the only club in your bank that you're going to be able to do that with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so so important.
Speaker 3: When you get one and try and then who you'll be able to say, hey, this really works, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Kenny. Well again, it's Kennygianini putters dot com and Ganini is g I N N I N I and the information is there on our blog posts and please check them out because really, stop spending money on drivers and all these other things, because that's not the way to go. And if you missed that conversation, definitely check out the last episode. Kenny, thanks so much for your time and I look forward to speaking with you again.
Speaker 3: SOO well, Fred, thank you very much for having me. I really enjoyed it, and thank you