Speaker 1: Fifty five K see the talk station. What a day, What a day, What a day. Brad Winstrip just left the studio, and great to talk with him for more than an hour, talking about his committee report looking at the COVID nineteen and joining us now is the one time vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Chris Smithaman And Chris, I don't know if you had a chance to listen to brad Winstrip at all, but you know, when you look back at these days of what was going on during the Wuhan virus, and I mean all the things that happened that surrounded government, one scandal on top of another. You know, when you talk about the way they were trying to suppress free speech, when whether or not the virus came from a lab, whether it was you know, came from nature. When you talk about the billions of dollars that got flushed down the toilet, I mean, the tentacles of this and the scandals related to this just really is it is gonna wind up being I think one of the more shameful chapters in American history, the way that that all this is shaking out.
Speaker 2: Well, first, Dan, good morning, and yes, I was listening I consider Congressman brad Winster of a friend. We're you know, definitely sad to see him go after twelve years of service, and you know, a person who gave up a very successful medical practice to do it, and you know it's time for him to come home and be with his wife and be with his kids and be a dad and and make some money. So you know, he is he has given a lot in the military, he now has given a lot in Congress. And definitely, Dan, I was, you know, glad that that Congress from bratt Winster was there at the Hill investigating what happened during COVID. I think for me, you know, this most recent pardon by President that Biden should catch the imagination of all Americans because of the broadness of the pardon and the reason I raise it in the context of your interview with Congress from brad Winstrop is I believe that President Biden is going to continue some very broad pardons prior to January twentieth, and some of those pardons might connect with the interview that you just had. So I think that, you know, I would not be surprised if he partons Fauci in a very broad way over a number of years, and we don't even know what he's being pardoned for. Nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. Isn't it customary to have committed a crime or have done something wrong before you received the pardon or actually have been sentence yet for something, yes, or found guilty of something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yes, And so I think they're very nervous about some of the selections that are coming from President elect tromp at these administrative big moves at the top that will just release information to the public. Here are the emails, here are the memos, here are the meetings. And I think it's going to be incredibly transparent and telling for all of us over the next two or three months. I'm talking about January, February, and March as information is released about what was really happening. And I think it's connected directly to the interview that you just had with Congressman brad Winstrop.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know, we spend so much time talking about the swamp that Washington is the genres, the chiselers, that's the you know, the ne'er do wells that didn't have at that place. And I was asking him off the air about what he was going to miss about being in DC, and I think, you know, there's a lot of honorable people, and I think brad Winstrop is one of the honorable people. And you know, going into this select subcommittee on the coronavirus pandemic, I asked him if if he had a PreK or what he wanted the results of this to be, and he said no, he said, we went in to find facts. We went in to find out why this happened, how it happened, what was done right, what was done wrong, and to get to the truth of the matter and report to the American people. And so many times, Chris Smithman, when when you have committees like this, they go in with a preconceived notion of what they want to find, what they want to report, what they want the end product to be, and they go in with blinders on trying to get from you know, trying to get to that predetermined conclusion. And I think brad Winstrop is a great example of a real servant to the American people. And I think he ran this committee with great integrity, and I first.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, and I also think he did it in a bipartisan way, which is you know, very unusual in Congress. So it just shows again, you know, his willingness to reach across the aisle and look for facts. But let me a bit, Dan Carroll into the pennycase, which I think we're going to find some type of determination today. Well I hope.
Speaker 1: So you know what, Chris, can you hang around for one more segment?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay, we got to get to a break right here. We'll do that on the other side of the break, and I've got another question for you as it relates to as it relates to cryptocurrency, and we'll talk about that as we roll on till nine o'clock this morning, Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas, and we will continue with Chris Smithman on the other side of this on fifty five KRCV talks about twenty nine on this Monday morning, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, we are talking with Chris Smitheman the smither Vent, a late version of the smith event on this Monday morning, and you were talking about the Penny trial in New York City and to my way of thinking, a terrible miscarriage of justice, a trial that should never have been brought. You've got to al everyone talks about Alvin Bragg. But the process comuter that's actually running the case in the courtroom did an interview some time ago talking about another case she had where she felt bad for the defendant because the defendant didn't have an easy life growing up, and so therefore she led him off. The murder charge that this individual had committed. Is that the standard that we should have for justice in this country.
Speaker 2: It absolutely is not. And what was so telling about the testimony are the number of African Americans, people of color, men and women, white, black, other who testified and said, I thought my life was on the line, and so you have this good samaritan, And some people might be listening to our interview and they don't even know what we're talking about. Where last week the judge said, hey, you no longer have to consider manslaughter. Look at the second charge. It's a lesser charge where he could get four years. But the implications around race, because I believe that if Penny, who is a veteran white male who intervened for the black people who were on the train, the white people who were on the train, the men and women, see, they don't tell that part of the story. They don't talk about the diversity of people that were looking at him going, oh my god, we're on this train. There are no cops down here. And this man just got on the train and said he feels like he's going to kill somebody and doesn't worry about what happens to him if he does it. And so the notion of the ripple effect across the United States of America. They convict this good samaritan. What do we do when we're in those situations? If you have a prosecutor that will say, you know what, I'll put you in jail if you intervene, What does that good samaritan have to do? Dan Carroll, Wait for him to stabb somebody, wait for him to start shooting in the in the train. Tell me what that standard looks like. And so the reason those New Yorkers are grappling with this is that because of the crime written that they live in and they're sitting there going, well, what if my daughter was in that situation, What if I was in that situation, What if my spouse was in that situation? What do we want Penny to stand up and do something about it? And so the problem with this brother is you being my white brother and us having these conversations. If these are the kinds of things that try to divide us in a country, we've got to be able to look at the fact pattern and say, this has nothing to do with race. This has to do with people on a train where they felt that their lives were on the line, and there was a veteran there who said, as a good Samaritan, listen, I'm going to try to intervene and I'm going to try to save lives. And by the way, I heard a great interview. They said, if this man had done it on the battlefield, they would have been giving him a purple heart. Because he did it in New York on a subway. We're going to give him four years or we're going to give him fifteen years in prison.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we're going to just have to hope that this jury comes to their senses and finds him not guilty on all these counts. Let me, let make me, let me pivot now, Chris Smithman, And one of the more less talked about aspects of Donald Trump is that he has become an advocate for cryptocurrency. In your role as a financial planner, I would imagine that you're asked about this all the time, or you talk about it from time to time with the people that you deal with. Where do you stand on the issue of cryptocurrency? And you know, you look at bitcoin these days and I think it was Thursday or Friday last week it went up over one hundred thousand dollars for a single bitcoin. Absolutely amazing. I wish I would have bought it back when I had the chance to buy it when it was you know, when you could buy you know, buy it for less than a penny apiece. But well, you know, how important is is the fact that that Donald Trump has become an advocate for cryptocurrency? How important is that going to be? You think when we talk about these issues going forward.
Speaker 2: Well, I think when he walked into that restaurant with those young people and bought that burger with bitcoin during the campaign trail, he was sending a message that, hey, this is something that I think is real. You know, I have to tell you it's something that I don't understand. I'm more like a warm buffet here where you know, I'm a wait and see. But there hasn't been a person in the White House, you know, me serving as a financial planner where someone is saying, hey, through the public policy of the United States of America, we're we're going to legitimize this currency. So I think that this is going to be a very interesting time about what this regulation look around that. I think it's going to be very interesting about what this regulation look in general, whether it's banking, whether it's the oil industry, whether it's the aviation industry. You know, what is what is this? What is this Trump administration going to look like? What mergers does he allow to go through? I'm not naming any, but think of some right here in Cincinnati, Ohio. What kind of mergers will this administration be friendly to that others won't. I think things like you know what our social media platforms are doing or not doing is going to hit his radar two just because of his experiences. Now, Dan Carroll, let me say this, because I know I don't have a lot of time. All right, let me say this to you, brother. Let me say this to you brother. Look, people keep saying that this administration is going to be about retribution, and I don't see that, Dan Carroll. I don't see an administration coming in saying I'm coming in here to hurt somebody. What I do see is an administration coming in saying I'm willing to be transparent and tell the American people what is actually going on with their government. And I love the fact that they're talking about cutting, meaning you have from Eli Musk and the VIC saying hey, listen, I'm going to look at our budgets, see what we've been buying in the Pentagon, or what kind of studies like monkey studies I've heard about on TV that we've been funding with our government, and look at those things and say, are those those are those priorities for the United States of America, And if they're not, we've got to cut them. And I loved your show at the beginning when you said, hey, this is about groceries. This election was I just laughed. We'd just say, hey, this is about groceries, and it was so simple and it was so true. He didn't say inflation, he said groceries. And that's what this election was about. And if he can bring those prices down, if he can if he can bring peace around the United States of America, this is going to be a great administration for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's going to be great to see and when you know, when you talk about and going back that this even ties in to what we were talking to brad Winstrop about, because it's the it's the bloat, it's the inefficiency, it's the waste of this government and the size and scope of the federal bureaucracy that we have that got us into this Wuhan situation to begin with, because all this money was going to the Wuhan Lab in China to pay for all this research that they were not supposed to be paying for. And Fanci said, you know what I signed off on, you know, a few billion here and a few billion there. Don't I don't know what it's for. They put it in front of me. I signed it. The money goes out the door is someone else. It is someone else's job to account for all that, not me, you know, the guy that's spending all that money. And the way it's set up that kind of I don't know if it's ever going to change, but at least the way of thinking about it might have to change. And I think that's what this the Doge Committee is probably going to do the best at.
Speaker 2: And I think this notion where we see pictures of federal employees taking bubble baths and and and saying they're working from home. There's one thing that there's one thing that people might even know what you and I talk about, but they go back to the ouse there. God yeah, yeah, that are literally in a bubble bath. I mean, if that's what you're doing, you know, with our federal doubts, there are people that work from home every day. It makes all this sense in the world, but there are people that need to come back in. That would be one of them who's taking images of himself nude in a bathtub. And by the way, when I look at this case that's breaking right now with p Diddy, right, Beyonce and jay Z, I want everybody to hear what I'm saying. Listen, don't defend it. This is an Epstein situation on fire. It's a mess out here. This is gonna get really messy. And with Beyonce out trying to endorse Vice President Harris, all of these things at the end could have all been connected. Right. People could have been trying to cover their hindsight, just like I see President Biden when he says he's gonna he might partner his brother. We have no idea here but to rake up and see these headlines where these two men are being accused of raping a thirteen year old child, where one rate the other watched, one rate the other watched, and there were other people there in the room. If any version of this is true, these people should be under the jail, never to see the light ever again. And that's how that has to be our position, Dad Carroll. Now I believe that people are innocent and tell proving guilty. But I'm letting you know there's enough out there with P Diddy, with these videos, and you go out there and you see sympathy for this man, there should be no sympathy. We should be trying to find out the number of children that this man has probably destroyed their lives terrible.
Speaker 1: There's always people out there that want to prevent us from seeing the truth. And as our friend Bill Cunningham likes to say, the truth self seving free.
Speaker 2: Chris Smith so much, Dan Carroll, appreciate you man. People can follow me on x at vote Smitherman and I tweeted you all the time. I hope you watch it, baby, I do take care, have a great a brother.
Speaker 1: You're the best. Chris Smithervan, thank you very much. I'm with that we will get to a break. We're a little bit late for Dan Carroll, for Brian Thomas on fifty five krc DE talk stations this Christmas, keep your