Speaker 1: Next Epstein didn't kill himself.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's a crazy town perspective.
Speaker 3: Today at noon on fifty five KR, see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five o five, a fifty five krc DE talk station. Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Some said, will.
Speaker 2: A vacation and that's the way the news goes.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is, and I'm happy today to you Brian Thomas right here, glad to be, glad to see Jus Jrekor where he belongs in the executive producer booth and looking at a rundown. I really have a smile on my face about this morning. Coming up on the fifty five KR Scene Morning Show seven o five, the return of Orlando Sonza. I guess in one of his final acts is the head of the Human County Veterans Services Commission. He's going to be telling us about the Hemlon County Veteran Military and Veterans Appreciation Day coming up August twenty third community celebration including Veterans resource fair, music, entertainment of kid's own food, trucks, fireworks, and a whole lot more. And we'll learn a whole lot more from Orlando Sons at seven o five. I'll also ask him about his new role in the Trump administration because Trump has appointed him to be Counselor for the Civil Rights Division for the US Department of Justice. Congratulations on the position, Orlando Sanza. He's a good man. Yeah, he's got a future and a bright one. I do believe, really one of the few candidates I've ever written a check for. Guy still pisses me off. He didn't beat Greg Landsman anyway. Smithman will return on Christopher Smithman at seven thirty. Of course, he was at the event yesterday hosted by v V Ramaswami I suppose and co hosted by Christopher Smithmanent. I did watch it stream The video live yesterday from Jim and Jacks looked like it was fairly well attended, accord to local reporting, a thousand people at least RSVP or suggested that they were going to show up. I don't know what the final head count was. The camera angle didn't really kind of give you a clear view of the attendance within Jim and Jacks, which a pretty sizable place, but some very passionate comments, some really heart wrenching stories from citizens in the audience who are victims of crime and get some of the details on that, but we'll talk about that with Christopher get his reaction, what he thought about the event, and whether he thinks it'll bear any fruit. The point was, I mean, it did turn it. It was a bit of a campaign rally. Yes, d v Ramasami is running for governor, and he did talk about his future administration a lot. You know, how things are going to change. I do believe him, and he's man, I'm telling you that guy is sharp. I had his level of eloquence, and of course Corey Bowman was there. He said a few words, couple of words, and there were a couple of other politicians so folks runs for since a city council that also chimed in. But really I kind of felt bad about the event, only in the sense that when you hear the gut wrenching stories from people who've been victims of crime, and you step back and you say, what is the answer, what is the solution? I do believe it was Rales farm. I mean, he did point out we've got a couple of things here. We've got a law enforcement element, but we've also got an aspiraling, out of control social problem on our hands. You know, pointed to the to the deterioration of the nuclear family. You know, if these children are running amuck, they don't have a home life, they don't have anyone at home who cares a wit about where they are at any given moment. They aren't being taught ethics and morals. They'd go to a school system if they go that certainly does not engage in anything that you and I would consider well quality education. Of course, there's a lot of indoctrination that goes on in schools, but you know, where are the where are the ethical and I'm thinking role models is the figure in these children's lives. These people's lives, and you know, parents who commit crimes and don't care about their children end up having children that commit crimes. It's just a vicious cycles. So this is, like, you know, I think, as he suggested, it's a long term project that we all have to get our heads around, and you just can't flip a switch and change that. Sarah Herringer in my program refer to these and I know that the people who were involved in that fight that's led to all of this discussion that the beat down is. Everyone in the national media is referring to it as and I think appropriately. So those are all adults, at least they appeared to be on the video. I can't draw any conclusions, but the vast majority of the seem to be emancipated adult age folks involved in this kind of behavior and that kind of violence, I suppose can be arguably, it can be argued is learned mom and dad are out doing that kind of thing, or dad, as the case may be, maybe Mom, there were some women involved in the violence. You know, children are going to mimic what they see and act as they see their authority figures acting perhaps and then pivot over to politicians. This has been an ongoing problem or a comment from Christopher Smithman, you have the lack of leadership in the sense that, you know, leading the community in a more positive direction, speaking in support of law enforcement. A lot of conversation about that last night, you know, showing just embracing law enforcement. Not enough of that from our leadership as matter of fact, you know, and you look at the guy like I have to have purval. He's pretty much on the defund the police side of the political ledger. Things may change, though there's a meeting today and since the city Council. They got some ideas about changing the structure of law enforcement, maybe because of the meeting last night, maybe because people have been clamoring for it, maybe because they have an appreciation of the epic failure. I mean, you know, Police Chief Fiji can say all that she wants about how normal and regular was for three events to be that large downtown and really this it's generally been safe when we've done this before, but things got out of hand. Yeah, things tend to get out of hand when there's an extra one hundred thousand people in any given area. I mean, you got to anticipate that problem and maybe, you know, allocate resources better next time. Maybe allocate resources better the first time. I don't know, but you know, they're going back to my point. I felt like, you know, we all want things to be better. There was, you know, a lot of ideas offered by way of improvement and law enforcement. Let's see what Orlando, changing bail and bond systems to keep your favor, repeat offenders in jail, reopening psychiatric facilities because we have a serious mental health problem and you can't overlook that. I mean, I believe it was the Kennedy administration you know one flow over the cuckoos. Noess, Oh my god, people being abused in these psychiatric facilities. So what do they do? They shut basically shut them all down. Some of the people out there on the street have serious psychological problems and really do need to be committed to an institution where they can get to help they need. How long is that going to take? You just don't flip a switch and bam, there's all brand new psychiatric facilities stuffed with doctors and all the medical resources they need to run one of those, the beds, the food. I mean, that's a that's a long term project right there. I do believe it is definitely needed. Hire officers, empower them to do their job. He said, Yeah, we've talked about that. With the enforcing the curfew, the officers have been instructed to not enforce the curfew. A curfew that's on the books, one that might help deal with the youth crime that's running them up in downtown Cincinnati. That's an idea, isn't it? Increase prison sentence, as he said, where necessary, and fostering a culture that celebrates the rule of law rather than to villainize it. And that goes back to that rather longer term project, changing the hearts and minds of people who have already been sort of brainwashed into thinking the police are in evil force out to do us no good.
Speaker 5: Said.
Speaker 1: We need to bring back accountability every level, from police being able to do their jobs and communities accountable into being able to follow the law, all the way to accountability back into the family again. Short term solutions in terms of changing law enforcement strategy, long term strategy to deal with the broader social realities we seem to be facing right now. No quick fixes, though everybody wants a quick fix, and I certainly can agree with that. Yeah, if I could flip a switch and change the reality of it, I would. I'd love to. Every politician in office would love to be able to do that. But sometimes these the change that got us here, this cultural deterioration was building up over time. Okay, so we didn't just flip the switch and turn it from some you know, Warden June Cleaver. And that's not a suggestion of racist all pure white. I'm talking about, you know, treating each other with respects, speaking with a proper language, you know, not engaging in criminal activity. No, you know, not no, fifteen year olds out on the streets with guns. It seems to be a rather more recent phenomenon, but that builds up over time. Then you wake up one day and you think the whole world's just literally fallen apart. Well, it was baby steps along the way to where we got here. Now we're going to need baby steps to walk us back to a more moral and ethical world and the key to that. And I think he's onto something. The Nuclear Family, which I do believe. He used words along the lines of the most powerful political organization that exists, the Nuclear Family. Oh look, this never happens. Somebody got shot. Happened this morning here in Cincinnati. Man fighting for his life got shot as he left the Cincinnati nightclub early this morning, one thirty in the morning. Gunfire erupted outside of Brandy's Ultra Sports Lounge on Reading Road in Roselawn. Officers got there in three minutes, according to the local reporting Fox nineteen. I'll give him credit for it. Found the victim shot in the abdomen and one of his legs. Courting staff Captain Stephen Bauer, man in his thirties or forties, taking a UC medical center with what they describe as life threatening injuries. Not clear what led to the violence or if police have any suspects. Joe, this is becoming a theme on the morning show. Oh you send me another one? While I was talking two shootings and over since I had police investigating two count them separate shootings and over the Rhine Late Monday, eleven, ten pm, sixteen hundred Blocker Republic Street Final thirty six year old man shot in his buttocks, no arrest made, victim taking to UC Medical Center non life threatening injuries, and the over the Rhine shooting man who was shot in his left hand walked himself to UC hospital happened at seven thirty pm yesterday. Recorded Captain Bauer say the victim was uncooperative, but did say the shooting occurred in the seventeen hundred block of Ein Street.
Speaker 6: Hmm.
Speaker 1: I thought it was rather interesting. There was a counter protest across from Jim and Jack's. Protesters holding signs saying that we love our city and Cincinnati is United against racism. Channel five reporting on this. One protester's main point in the article, it says, was to argue that sin is a safe place to live, work, and play. One College Hill resident interviews. I think it's important my daughters understand standing up for themselves and understanding the world we're living in, and they feel safe here. This is their home, and this is what we want to see moving forward, is a safe Cincinnati for everybody. I don't even know what that means. You think that was the word salad, Joe, this is what we want to see kind of makes me scratch my head to wonder what specifically this is that she's referring to. She expressed frustrations saying this insane music festival is being framed as unsafe. Well, I asked the people who are in the middle of the brawl.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Opinions are like sphincters. We all have them. Many in the city of Cincinnati feel very unsafe. And of course the message has gone out over this great land of ours in the recent couple of weeks. Is the projecting a message that it is not safe? Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk on five fifty on AT and T phones. Feel free to call comment, love to hear from me. You'll be right back.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station Our.
Speaker 1: iHeartRadio Music Festival, Capital Channel nine First warning weather forecast. What we got going on today? Partly flotty sky is isolated. Afternoon storms are possibility after three pm. They suggest eighty three for the high today, down to sixty seven overnight to be a little bit human and mostly clear sky. Sunny, sky is mar the rain, slight rain chance in the afternoon. Eighty four for the high overnight sixty six to see flounds now partly thirty Thursday heat building up storm chances. Well, they stopped for several days to say it's going to be a dry weekend. Eighty eight for the high on Thursday. It's seventy degrees right now. I five KRC the talk station five one here but about Garrison d talk station, I mean finished a run down and stuff went off on a tangent about that town hall with Vva Ramaswammi and Christopher Smith hadmen last night inside Scoop with the bright Bart news Dato five of the return of Deputy news director Bradley Jay. We talked about the Democrats fleeing the state House preventing a vote on redistricting. There, Trump telling Schumer to go to hell, and he did. Plus the story about the labor statistician being fired by Trump. Trump not happy with the labor figures, so he gets rid of the person delivering the message. Talk that about that the other day with Money Monday's Brian James Daniel Davis Deep Dive looking forward to having Daniel Davis saw, not that I don't always look forward on to it, but Ukraine now seeking cash to pay new recruits due to the manpower shortage in their military. Valunski actually signed a law now allowing Ukrainians over the age of sixty to join the military in non combat roles. Of course, you get the old people in the non combat roles, freeing up the people in the non combat roles who are of a younger age to send them to the front lines to presumably die. Plus guide developments in Israel, Israel's Government's likely to approve a plan to reoccupy Gaza.
Speaker 5: HMM.
Speaker 1: Got a stalemate with the hostage situation. The Hamas terrorists aren't releasing the hostages and people are starving to death. I can summarize that entire conflict as a Charlie Fox tribe. It's just a tragedy human tragedy, but pivoting over, there are always bright spots out there in the world. And I mentioned the other day someone had sent me the link to the give Send Go page for Holly, the woman that got the beat down in the riot. Well I call it a riot anyway. The poor woman who seemed to be just rendering eight and got cole Cox square in the face without any provocation. Just out of nowhere, a fully grown man wales on her, knocks her to the ground and knox her unconscious. We've all I hope you've seen the video. I think it illustrates the tragedy of the event more than any anything. But yesterday I read the figure on the Gifts Send Go page. They had raised as of yesterday three hundred and ninety thousand dollars. The goal was twenty five thousand dollars, and the person who set up props to a guy named Benny Johnson for setting the page up. As of this morning four hundred and sixty three thousand, four hundred and eighteen dollars. That's pretty dang amazing. And she has already issued a statement how appreciative she is to everybody in the community who stepped up to the plate. And these are small donations, folks, a little ten dollars here, fifteen dollars there. Some people have gone up to one hundred dollars, but the vast majority of the four hundred and sixty three thousand dollars that's been raised has been by virtue of small contributions. Every little bit counts, So thank you to every buddy who made a donation for her recovery. She apparently is struggling with some obviously the physical injuries, but maybe some lasting perhaps cognitive problems and other lasting injuries. So one can only pray for her speedy recovery. But gosh darn it, isn't it a wonderful thing to see people out there that don't have any connection where they step up and help her out. Cheers to all of you for doing that. Five twenty five fifty five KRCIT talk station. You know, some local stories come in up, including these. Since a council meeting, yes, Law and Public Safeties meeting today, they're gonna have some maybe changes of law enforcement. That's one of the things coming up. Well. Phone calls are always welcome. See if Tom calls this morning, I'll take anybody's calls love hearing from my listeners, stick around, be right back fifty five KARC when the market feels like a roller code channel and I first one of weather forecasts two day partly cloudy sky is isolated, appen in storms are possibly say after three km eighty three for the high, sixty seven overnight humid, clear signing for the most parts. Tomorrow slight chance of rain eighty four overnight sixty six to low with partly cloudy skies, and on Thursday partly cloudie. He builds up. Should be a dry weekend though eighty eight for the high, no rain predicted sixty nine right now fifty five k seed Talk Stations five twenty eight on a Tuesday and a very happy win Tenda five one three seven, fifty eight hundred eight two three Talk nine five to fifty on eight and t phones, and they'll forget fifty five krsee dot com for the podcast, and you can't listen live too well Monday. Monday's Brian James or Christopher Smith and Smith event Yesterday, of course the details on the Donovan Cares car giveaway. If you know a person in need out in the community that could using a really well taken care of, maintained, upgraded, twenty thirteen Subaru in top running order. Thanks to the folks at Donovan who are stepping up to the plate, they'll be happy to award that we get to vote on who gay is worthy of it. So once the submissions are in, they'll be posted, it'll be online voting, and some person to need out there is going to thanks to Donovan's and great people, they are going to get a car to get them to work that further Ado. Who's first, Joe, Tom, Welcome to the program, Diane, You're next, just on one moment. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 7: Tom.
Speaker 1: Happy Tuesday, Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 7: Sad state of affairs that we have here in this area, and it really shouldn't be this much of a struggle, or it's not a struggle, but people act like it's a struggle to figure out what's going on here. It's pretty obvious. People have to have guardrails in their life. There have to be boundaries put in front of them so that they understand you are not allowed to do that, you're not allowed to go there, that's not okay, that will hurt or something. And that starts obviously when you're young, and clearly there are people who didn't have that still don't still don't have that. So unfortunately, it's up to society when these people, whether whether they're whether they're young kids or teenagers, are grown adults and they go into the world, it's it's up to society to have things in place, and that the Democrat leadership in this and many other cities and states have have ridiculously failed uh their constituents, their citizens by not making sure that there are guardrails in place to protect the rest of the citizens. And that's that's just simply what it boils down to. So we we got to I mean, we got to make sure that we're not putting people in there who don't care about the safety of the rest of their citizens. I mean, it's that simple, Brian. So it shouldn't have to believe, it shouldn't have to be up to society to raise people and teach them right and wrong. But if they're not going to learn at home, and then there's the part of how do we stop incentivising people that just have kids and not give a crap about them and.
Speaker 1: Actually came up yestually, I think it was the Vake Ramaswami who brought that up that you know, the Johnson administration encouraged women to well not to leave their men, or basically it was a disincentivized plan where you pay women and the women get more money if their man is not in their life, the father of the children, and that through the nuclear family on top of its head, you created this system that encourages women to have no connection with the father because that way they get more money. And that is just it's a terrible outcome that we've had over in that last several generations. As a consequence of that, it creates government dependence. I mean that's kind of maybe the nefarious goal behind the program in the first place. You know, fathers were there and they were required to pay for the up raising and upbringing and costs associated with raising children. Then you know, that would take the burden off society and it may put a strong male figure in their life that might do some good. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and look, there's there's dudes out there that they're not great dads. We as fathers, we've all failed. You can't replace There is no replacement for that. And unfortunately it's not just society that gives these women and and sentive to leave their man. I mean, there's families that do that. There are Let's say you have a girl, she gets pregnant, she's not married, she's just dating some boy and gets pregnant, and mom and dad or whatever, parents they don't like that boy. There's something, you know, there's some things that they don't like about them whatever, and they you know, and and maybe mom and dad now or the woman is pregnant and her boyfriend, they're not getting along. So family that had just come home, come home. We'll take care of you, and we'll make sure the boy doesn't bother you. That's that child's father. That cannot be discounted and just thrown away. You may be a adult to bravo whatever you want to them, but that's the kid's dad. And at some point you can't just go. Don't worry about it. We'll take care of the kids.
Speaker 1: Yes, what does that do? I mean, that's I mean, it's obviously you're illustrating how complicated the whole thing is. Yes, I mean that's just one little, you know, hypothetical of a complicated problem. And I'm not sure that we could come up with an ultimate solution. But the prospect or the idea of incentivizing women to not you know, get married or otherwise, you know, create a nuclear family, have the father involved in the upbringing and raising of children, just because of the monetary incentive. I mean, that seems like perhaps an easy fix. I don't know, Maybe we should do a better job of going after the fathers who are absent and force them to pay child support. Child support.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when it comes down to it, you got you know, we're here, You and I are talking about this, and whoever's listening, we're having this conversation. We're not in that family's living or in dealing with it directly. We're just we're part of the society that we have to deal with those kids when they come out of home, when they walk in the streets, when they're doing whatever. And it shouldn't it shouldn't have to wait till that point, but we do. And Democrats have proven that they are not interested in fixing the problem. They're insteativizing it and it gives them whatever the heck it is they get out of it so they can stay in power, whatever it is. That is not the solution. It has proven over and over again, and not just Cincinnati, but in pretty much every city. Democrat policies don't work. They don't fix anything. In fact, they only make it worse. So don't vote Democrat.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, Bruce, Diane, thank you for holding. Welcome to the Fty five Kercy Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Well, Brian, I don't think I have time to talk it that you take a break and come back to me.
Speaker 1: I can't. I just said, no, We'll go a little long, Diane, get your make your point. It's okay.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm met you and your parents down at Pompilis in Newport and there was snow on this.
Speaker 6: I remember back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember going to Pop in the snow. No, I remember, no, I remember going to pomp pillow Is in the snow. Diane, I don't remember specifically meeting you.
Speaker 8: Well, how long ago was?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: My god, at least five years. Oh, I would say longer than that. It's been a long time since we've been a pompilio Is. We're gonna be at Weedham and Brewery tomorrow, by the way, you're what. We're gonna be at Weedham and Brewery tomorrow for the listener lunch. By the way, make your point. Diane, what what's on your mind?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm calling about the Donovan's Caris program. Oh yeah, they are such wonderful people. I am my GMC two thousand and twelve car that I got from the Makeover Promise, Makeover Extreme Makeover. Yeah, and they're gonna fix it up for me.
Speaker 1: Oh wonderful. Namans does a great job and they're good.
Speaker 8: They're yah and they have been so nice to me. Have you ever met deal He's got the baby, He's got the baby.
Speaker 1: Face, doesn't he Yes, he does. Yeah, we go way back. He's a good man. Good man, Diane, good job. And I'm glad you rely on Donovan's. I'm glad you brought that up. It's Donovan'scars dot Com. If you know somebody in need could use a car, They've got one there and they're going to be giving it away within the month. So check it out at fifty five care Sea dot com. Pete, I'll get your call when we come back. It's five thirty six right now, fifty five K see the talk station, and it's time for you to mention the Emory Federal Credit Union golf out and coming up. It's a great golf out and benefiting the children's hospital program that helps, you know, folks on life's margins get some medical care there. So it's a wonderful charity, the Charitable Care Fund. So you're golfing for a wonderful cause and you'd be amongst some outstanding folks. Emory always does a great job. And this is the nineteenth annual Charity Golf Tournament August eighteenth, taking place at four Bridges Country Club. Gett to force them together, have a fun filled day of golf with an opportunity to support this worthy cause in our community. To get all the details and learn why it's better banking at Emory Federal Credit Union. I love the banking at Emory. Visit Emory FCU dot org for all the information Emery FCU dot org.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: This Chenna nine first Warning weatherborcast got a partly cloudy day to day. I say that afternoon storms are possible, mostly after three pm. High of eighty three, overnight cumids sixty seven, clear skies eighty four of the high tomorrow, A slight chance of rain in the afternoon, mostly sunny, otherwise partly cloudie. Overnight sixty six and a high of eighty eight on Thursday with partly clotty skies U seventy degrees right now fifty five Krcity talk Station first Traffic.
Speaker 6: From the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant from multicultural communities. Give the gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore a living donation. And you see how dot com slash transplant high ways are doing fine early on this Tuesday morning. Oh I work crews wrapped up and done, and so far I'm seeing no troubles into downtown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five forty one, Happy Tuesday. If I went three seven, four ninety two to three talk on Fact fifty on eighteen t phones. Gotta go straight to the phones because Pete was kind enough to hold over the break. Welcome in the program, Pete, thanks for holding.
Speaker 10: Hey, thanks Brian.
Speaker 11: Jumping back to this thing where they incentivize women to have.
Speaker 12: Kids and get more money, like a.
Speaker 11: Side byproduct of that is is that the fathers, if once once they're in this situation, they do try to hold them.
Speaker 12: As possible, but then they can never get a regular paying job on the books because they take so much of their money that they stayed Brokens. I mean, I'm not sympathized with them, but it forces them or doesn't force them, but it directs them.
Speaker 13: Towards crime or crummy jobs.
Speaker 11: So it's like a self perpetuating death.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, you're saying. You're saying hold holding the father of children responsible for paying for their upbringing. It's expensive, is a problem because they might have to go to work. I used to work in the domestic relations court. I used to sit in hearings about this all the time.
Speaker 14: That's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: I'm saying that they should hold responsible. But what the Democrats start is by incentivizing these women that had kids. But then the fathers are in like under the table jobs and stuff.
Speaker 1: Not in all cases. No, see, you're painting the too broad of a brush, Pete. Some people actually go out and get jobs. In the old days, I used to work in domestic relations. You require the father to go out and prove that they actually went out and applied for jobs, actually did some follow up. They checked with the employers. Did this guy actually present an application for employment? What happened? Did you hire him or not? Did he show up for the interview? I mean, you know, there are steps you can take, and there are checks and places.
Speaker 10: And they all do that.
Speaker 12: I just said, there's some time creating this.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, there's no perfect solution for anything, but trying to hold them accountable, I think is better than not at all. Got lots of jobs available out there, lots of jobs available out there. Jay, Welcome to the program. Happy Tuesday, Hey, Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 15: Brian, Hey, I would love if you guys could to get Vince Everett Ellison back on. You guys had him on a couple times, and I think the timing would be perfect for the listeners who don't know. He was part of the Million Man March and a follower of Farakhan years ago, and as a black man, he later figured out that he agrees with everything that the conservatives stand for, and then he really started digging into the question of how did we, how did how did the black community end up where they're at? And he wrote a fantastic book called The Iron Triangle, And in there I I read and learned about lbj's famous comment that the quote and I won't use.
Speaker 1: The word yeah last night, I think yeah, oh did it okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 15: He he And we can't say it enough because you won't ever hear about this in history class and schools.
Speaker 1: But LBJ said that.
Speaker 15: The black community was quote getting up aty and he had to give them something. But don't worry because once we give them something, those n words will vote will vote Democrat for two hundred years. And Ellison goes on in his book to talk about how the iron triangle is what is putting. What put the Black community back into slavery was the Democrat Party, uh, he said, black preachers and also community organizers. Those are the three points of the iron triangle that now puts black people voluntarily back in at bonds, back into slavery because if you take the check and take the deal, and a deal from the government sounds like this, We'll give you something in the form of cash and keep you just sustained and will be your father, will be your provider, will be your everything, and in return it will will you show up and you vote Democrat And I would love I think the timing's perfect because I think he's got the only solution. He's got the credibility that a lot of us don't have given his background to say, look, I think I figured it out and so in a powerful speaker too.
Speaker 6: You love that guy.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say that because I recall talking to him about that book and he is quite the powerful speaker. So excellent idea, Jamie. We can get that accomplished.
Speaker 6: We'll soon all you bring what you do.
Speaker 1: Thanks man, And yes, that quote came up last night during the town hall meeting with the Big Ramaswami and Christopher Smith Aman five forty six fifty five KR. See the talk station stack a stupid coming up or phone calls. Either way you want to go, it's okay with me, but either way you go get your images, echo cardigrams, MRI, CT scans, ultra sounds, ACT rays at affordable imaging services where you save thousands of dollars. Yeah, I mean that's it's just it's truth. There's low overheaded affordable imaging services, but you get the same type of equipment. Hospitals use the same echo cardiogram machine or MRI or CT scan. I've had multiple CT scans and even an MRI affordable imaging services. Never a question or a comment by my doctor the images are fine. You get a board certified radiologist report in the price. So rather than paying five thousand dollars at a hospital for a CT scan, how about four hundred and fifty bucks without a contrast six hundred with just one. Illustration of the massive, massive savings, asked my listener friend Fred. He saved six thousand dollars six grand by just exercising his choice to get the images of affordable imaging services to locations. You got the one on I colds Road. Now you have one a New Richmond, just off the first exit from I seventy and the Ohio Indiana border. So head on over to one of the two locations. For all the information and pricing, go to Affordable Medimaging dot Com. Here's the number five one three seven five three eight thousand, seven five three eight thousand again online Affordable Medimaging dot Com. Fifty five car the talk station. Hey, here's your channel nine one other four km's partly cloudy today. I said that afternoon storms are possible, probably after three pm eighty three. The high sixty seven over night, clear skies and humid sunny eastly chance rain tomorrow afternoon eighty four for the high sixty six overnight with partly cloudy skies and a partly clotty Thursday eighty eight for the highest excuse me, it's seventy degrees right now. For the five per site talk station traffic time you.
Speaker 6: Skip Trampix Center.
Speaker 9: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanner for multicultural communities. Give the gift of mife, become an organ donor or explore living donation, and you see how com slants transplant highway traffic not fan at all.
Speaker 6: To start off your Tuesday.
Speaker 9: Moting, no accidents to deal with northbound seventy five that's under seven minutes out of Irwine. You're into downtown in Bend, seventy four wide open at cold range, Chuck Ingram, I'm fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five fifty one, fifty five krcit the talk station, Happy Tuesday because straight to the phones. Got Cory on the line with take Corey's call before we get to the stack of stupid Corey. Thanks for calling this morning after Tuesday.
Speaker 13: Happy Tuesday. Brian I said that I guess my biggest takeaway from that last night was the fact that Hamilton County is getting six million dollars to keep sellings on the street and not in prison. I think I was pretty well read on stopping up to date on things, and that was a shocker for me.
Speaker 1: Was that in connection with that, what non governmental organization out there getting the funding and what they do is help keep felons on the street. That's their their role and their purpose. Is that? Is that my record recollection correct on that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I forget the exactly what was called, but yeah, that's pretty much the gist of it that Hamison County receives the most money out of any county in the entire state to purposely keep sellons on the street and not in the jail.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 13: And all the people that you know gave the coveraging stories being victims of violent crime. The perpetrators are always repeat the finders. It's the same group doing it over and over and over again with no consequences.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Sarah Herringer spoke on that to that specific point. That guy was out on out of jail with the monitor ankle monitor that he cut off, and you kind of scratch your head and wonder, well, how is it possible if he's got an ankle monitor that he could cut it off and then roam freely. There's a new monitoring system in place for that. Maybe that's a fix we could get in place. I don't appreciate it, Corey, thanks for reminding me about that. I one that I didn't forget from the meeting. Anyway, We've got a quick stack of stupid story in here. Got go to Florida and why not. Woman facing charges after allegedly spraying bear mace at a driver and her passenger in a road rage enginent involving a chicken. Thirty eight year old Cynthia Velesik dis Sosa arrested in Key West after a confrontation with another driver so parallel de Miller's the woman who got maced. She stopped her car in the roadway so as it did to let a chicken pass, but de Miller, who was behind the wheel of a vehicle behind Miss Sosa, honked and swerved around her, and in so doing ran over the bird. According the affidavit attained by Fox News Digital, Cynthia wanted to teach her a lesson that's gonna say. So's allegedly followed de Miller's vehicle, forced it to stop, yanked on the driver's door and then sprayed bear mace into the cabin, hitting de Miller in the face. Charged Sos with two counts of aggravated battery, which her feloning is one kind of burglar with a salt or battery, first degree phony taking a custody released on a thirty five thousand dollar bond. Court records indicates Sosa had filed a written plea of not guilty t Miller. The woman in the car got sprayed, was on her way to pick up her children from daycare, blinded and disoriented by the spray. A passenger in her car also got hit. According to the arrest report, after the woman struggled over the car door, so it's an unleashed bear mace into the vehicle, hitting the miller directly in the face. So as A later drove herself to the police station. Levey told authorities that she did what she did was which was angry at the miller had killed the chicken, but then drove away from the police department after doing that. Later located and detained during a traffic stop free under shirty bomb with court imposed restriction and scheduled for arrangement, arraignment and this doesn't happen every day. A fire broke out in village of Ashcroft of the British Columbia. Firefighters called to respond got there found folks battling the flames. Forty eight hundred gallons of water had to be used to put it out. The cause a fish. Ashcraft Fire officials in a Facebook post a quick investigation revealed the cause of this fire was determined to be a fish. Yes, you read that right. The fish had an incredible journey, considering the river is three kilometers east from the point of origin. Officials determine that an osprey that hunts fish dropped the fish onto a power line, impact, sending sparks and embers flying onto the dry brush, which triggered the fire. According to the post from the fire department, we do suspect the size of the fish and the heat of the day probably caused the rather tired bird to drop its catch, or another suspicion could be that it's tired of raw fish and it wanted to give cooked fish a try. The bird apparently unharmed, no injuries reported. A fish. I don't think you can find the fish or the bird for Arson Joe. I'm sure it was just an accident. It's an element of men'srey, element in there of intent, I believe with Arson five fifty six fifty five carresed dog Stagent more coming up in the six o'clock. Of course, I enjoy hearing from you. Feel free to chime in. We'll dive into additional stories after the top of the hour. News Today's top stories at the top of the hour. It's information that matters to me. Fifty five kr see the talk station telling about six or six fifty five kr c the talks station by Commas, swishing and run a very happy Tuesday. Invite you to listen to lunch tomorrow Atweedam and Brewery. Always have a good time. We go there. Listen to lunch for me is always a wonderful, wonderful time. I really enjoy their conversations and the fellowship. So that'll be tomorrow. You used about eleven thirty. Get there a little bit, four, a little bit after. Either way you want to slice it. As long as you can show up, I think you might have a good time. If you haven't been to one, you're more than welcome to show up. Coming up fast forward an hour or the return of Orlando Sanza. He's got a Hamilton County Military and Veterans Appreciation days his role as head of the Hamilton County Veterans Service Commission. Maybe one of his final acts in the role, because he has been appointed by the administration to serve as counsel for the Civil Rights Division for the US Department of Justice. We'll get his thoughts and comments about how what he's going to be doing in that role. Orlando Sanza at seven oh five. Christopher Smithman's going to join the program, of course. He did the town hall yesterday with VV Ramaswaming. I did watch the whole thing with my wife and I just your heart breaks when you hear the stories from the people in the audience who are just you know, desperate, desperate for solutions. You know, whether or not it was a racially motivated issue with the beatdown that occurred, the problem is just representative of broader That is just representative a broader problem of crime in the city of Cincinnati. Some say there isn't a problem. Some say that we're just making too much out of it, blown out of proportion. But I mean the viral nature of that video and the fact that it went global, that there's a reason for that, And honestly, I personally don't believe that it went global because of this, this whole question mark over whether race was an involved in it or not. I just think I had to do everything with the horrific overreaction of a crowd of people to an altercation which appeared to be between two people, and people out there screaming about the guy who slapped the other, the white guy who slapped the black guy, which some are suggesting led to the whole melee that he should be charged. Well, he may very well be. You can't just go around hitting people. And if you're getting an oral of a verbal altercation with someone, sometimes that can you know, devolve into actual fisticuffs. Happens all the time, most of the time not even bothered to be reported to the police department, because most of the time it's resolved between the two people in the fight and the rest of the crowd doesn't join in and start wailing on people. So that to me, as I believe the focus this the part of the broader societal problem that was brought up at last night's meeting. You know, we've got you know, maybe an improper allocation of public safety resources is maybe you need to rethink things. They're gonna be doing the Law on Public Safety Committee meeting today where they're gonna be talking about violence and potential solutions. Maybe some of the solutions will you know, bear fruit and help talking about two million dollars to recruit more police officers from other departments, beef up security measures in the Cincinnati Central Business District include walking and bike patrols, better widing security cameras. That's part of the motion that since Ant Councilman Jeff Crammerton submitted they'll be talking about today at the public Safety meeting. All that sounds like fine, But then going back to Ramaswamy's point about the broader problem, this this just de evolution of society. And I think it was one of the women who had experienced gun violence. She lost two two of her children, two sons killed by firearms in downtown. I mean, I don't know is that a coincidence, but was a big question mark that was thrown in. I can't remember if it was her, But what prompts a teenager to think that he In most cases, I believe it's males involved in this, but We'll say anybody that they think they need to grab a firearm as a first response to some perceived threat, maybe a social media threat or something else. I mean, that's the default position that a lot of young people are taking these days. That is a massive problem. I mean, I'll be sixty in September. I brought it up before. I mean, when I was a younger person, Yes, have issues with people, absolutely. Don't you remember what it was like being, you know, in junior high school, social problems, dealing with people, trying to find your place in the community and your click or whatever. Are you a freak? Are you a stoner? Are you a jock? Are you a raw rah? I mean, you know, all these things that young people struggle with, and now we've got social media piled on top of it, and they've grown ups surrounded by violence. Not just maybe in the community or the neighborhood, but look at what's on in terms of what constitutes entertainment these days. When I was younger, my mom and dad were very particular about what I was allowed to watch on television. But then again, we only had four channels, five, nine, twelve, and nineteen, right, you know that it was easy to prevent someone from logging into or or tuning into a program that maybe it was adult in content, but look at what the programming is now. I mean, lord almighty, what's constituted adult content back then compared to now? I mean, it basically has to be pornography to be considered adult content. And yeah, your children are probably watching that too. But the amount of violence and the horrific nature of the violence and the bloody gore that is shown every single day, and the conduct that's sort of illustrated in these Hollywood productions suggests that it's appropriate to default to firing on people or grabbing a firearm to well defend yourself or maybe as the first response to some perceived threat. That's not good, and the teenagers think that, I don't know, that's a huge problem. What prompts a young person to want to go down that road? I have no idea, Council Member, Anna, I'll be It's reported the CPI reported on this, taking a different approach from the the approach offered by cameronon that I just mentioned, filing emotion to use existing funds for community violence intervention specialists. Huh that sound like rethinking the police department Joe, community violence intervention specialists. You think it sounds stupid. I don't know what they do, but can a community violence intervention specialists change the hearts and minds of some really twisted perceptions that these young people are carrying around with them. There's your long term plan. Raymi Swami talked about that. Yes, we cannot rethink the police. We can reorganize reality resources, do better policing some of the other programs he mentioned, But dealing with the longer term problems is just a huge, huge societal issue that we're going to have to all face together. So I'm not sure. Here's one nothing related to that. Help me understand this? This actually, this made my blood boil a little bit, unless I'm misunderstanding the reporting. I saw this yesterday afternoon. Senate Republicans accusing the Transportation Security Administration for helping kill a bill that would limit face scanning technologies. This is reported over on Politico. Bipartisan support apparently for this bill require TSA to notify every passenger of the right to opt out of facial screenings at the airport and limit the ability to store biometric information of passengers scanned. This is like a Dave of Hatter issue. Do you want them to keep that information? Are you consenting to having your face scanned? I don't have a problem with a you know, the obligation for us to be notified about this. Apparently bipartisan support. The senators, as I'm reading, charged that the TSA worked with the travel industry lobby against this bill, causing it to be discarded at the last minute while it was under consideration in the Senate Commerce Committee. Wait a minute, who's elected here and who has control over legislation? Right in this particular case, it's the Senate Committee. It's got bipartisan support. Great Republicans and Democrats embracing this. Now there's some naysayers, Fine, but how is it that TSA and lobbyists can prevent the bill from advancing. They don't have any control, they don't have any authority. This sounds to me like capitulation by bunch of senators to the whims and the will of the TSA and lobbyist, which fly in the face of what the senators wanted to do. I don't understand it. An aide to Center Republicans told political the tssay's lobbying would work against the confirmation prospects of Heinuwin mcgeil, who's currently serving as the acting head of the agency. So they're going to lobby against the confirmation of this McNeil person. And what if the senators say, fine, sucks to be you, lobbyist, We're not going to listen to you. We're going to confirm her in that position. Anyway. Oh wow, they could do that. Yes, they damn well could. Senator Jeff Merkley, Democrat of Oregon, who has opposed facial scanning at airport, so he's in favor of this bill. So the TSA is acting like an authoritarian country surveilling its citizens. It's been used to intimidate, to track, and to intimidate freedom of expression and freedom of assembly, he says, of this facial recognition stuff, So vote for it. Senator John Kennedy, Republican Louisiana. The short answer is yes. The long answer is hell. Yes, they're working like an ugly stripper to kill this bill, which tells me that we are doing the right thing. How could you kill it?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 1: Is this illustrative of the power of lobbyists that they have over our senators, that the senators would go against what they want to do by way of legislation and capitulate to the TSA. I know if I was in that position, I had two words for him, and it wouldn't be happy birthday, as my dad used to say. Yeah, okay, TSA, your opinion and your lobbyist, you can go. Well, I'll just stop there for FCC compliance reasons away five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on at and t phone heed to get that out of my system. And if you want to get the pain out of your system, you got the arthritis pain, get your feet on the ground first thing in the morning and bam it hits the knee pain and the hip pain. Maybe you've got trouble walking up and down the steps. Every step can be an effort. You've been to the doctor, you've got steroid injections. They don't last. Maybe you talked about surgery with your physician. You're worried about the complications of surgery and all the downtime associated with that. What if there's a different path, What if there's another option that could well free you from the pain, help your body heal itself without surgery, without additional drugs. That's the QC kinetics of what they're all about, and they have thousands of satisfied patients who will tell you they wish they had done it sooner, turning their lives around with QC kinetics. Regenerative treatments that work with your body to help restore and repair the damage joint tissue. These are natural cellular therapies, no scalpels or pills, just long term relief with no dread of recovery. So talk to the medical professionals, take them up on their offer for a free consultation free five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC dot com. Here is your channel nine, first, one and one. The forecast today, It's gonna be partly cloudy, isolated aftercon storms, mostly after three pm. Eighty three for the high clear skuys every night, human in, sixty seven for the low eighty four tomorrow's size slight Chancellor in the afternoon, otherwise mostly sunny overnight, some clouds, and sixty six for the low and on Thursday a partly clotty day eighty eight for the high so it should be a dry weekend as well. Seventy degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update, Chuck.
Speaker 6: You see how traffic centered?
Speaker 9: Do you know the sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant or from multicultural communities give the gift of life, become an organ donor or explorer living donation at.
Speaker 6: U see health dot com slash transplant.
Speaker 9: Good traffic on the highways this morning, including across the Carrol Cropper Bridge with a new lane configuration with work that was done overnight.
Speaker 6: If Paul went to schedule.
Speaker 9: Traffic on northbound seventy five continues to look good at the brance fence, Chuck Ingramont fifty five KR and see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty five KRCD talk station Happy Tuesday. Yeah, And Neil's of the meeting with the mayor and police chief thej that happened on Friday, disappointing. It was police Chief DJ that did say that she's going to be releasing more video. Apparently we haven't seen the complete picture. And a Christopher is on yesterday talking about this. This WWE video he saw. That's what the parallel he drew is where one guy is seen just leaping in the air and landing on the victim multiple times. I hadn't seen that one. I asked Christopher to post it on his X page. I'm not sure if he'd done that yet. And then Corey chimes in this morning and he said the white guy was hit on the back of the head before the slab. Now I haven't seen that. Yeah, I guess I'm not the end all be all things in terms of videos that are floating around out there on this incident, but it would be nice, you know, for the police chief to release the balance of the video and then we can get it all streamed together so we can get a complete picture of what led to the well, ultimately Holly getting cole cocked in the face. So you know, I'm gonna go start getting in fist fights, getting a fistfights. But there's something this horse of a different color. Yeah. Sarah Herringer did speak at the meeting last night. Emotional, she was, and she said quite a few of the things that she said on the fifty five Camerassey Morning Show, and you can find that podcast at fifty five careca dot com. She was in my studio for a full hour. But remember the guy who stabbed to death her husband in their apartment, Mordisha Black. He was accused of fatally stabbing Patrick Herringer. He had completed a nine and a half year prison sentence and he then cut off his ankle monitor in February. And that's kind of where the system fell up, heart because no one went after him. It's kind of a big floating question mark on whether a warrant was issued for his arrest, whether anyone actively went out and looked for this guy. I didn't see him on crime stoppers, for example. She said, imagine this year, asleep, you wake up to a man standing over your bed with a weapon. How did he get there? Because someone made a decision, because someone signed a paper, because someone did nothing. That's what leadership looks like in Cincinnati. Negligence, silence, and cowardice. And then you pivot over to a Felicia Zimmerman. And this was a real heartbreaker and I couldn't believe what I was hearing when she told her story, and she was, you know, fighting back tears. She really was very emotional because of course she should be. She lost two of her sons. Two of her sons got murdered gun violence. Seventeen year old Christopher Teeter shot dead in twenty twenty one in South Fairmount at a gas station. His older brother, Brian Bubba Teeter had been shot and killed four years earlier. This woman lost two of her children to gun violence, and she pointed out that the accomplices to Teeter's shooting received short sentences. It was a horrific miscarriage of justice. I mean, the basically a slap on the wrist in the grand scheme of things, when you take a life, I think you should get a lot more prison time than these kids actually got. She said. The system has broke from the bottom to the top.
Speaker 6: I'm out here.
Speaker 1: I'm out here tonight to search for solutions, so no one else has to get up here and say what I've said. But then she said this, I bet I'm not the only woman in the city with two murdered children. I put money on it. What kind of world is that? That's a good question. Two children gunned down? I don't what more can one say? Complicated, quite multi tiered process to solve the problem, certainly going to be required here. It's going to take a long time six twenty five fifty five K see talk station five one three seven four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk other things going on in the world. Maybe you want to talk about one of those other things, Feel free to give me a ring. Going to do local stories coming up. Got quite a few of those as well. But first of all, a strong recommendation get in touch with my plumber friends. Plump type plumbing company that knows you deserve better. They deliver on that with better customer service, always a great price, and excellent plumbing. That's what they deliver every time, with no service fee, free estimates and a trip a plus with a better business fear. Of course, they do tankless water heaters. Plumb tight is the Tri State's number one installer a tankless. Get tankless, Get rid of that massive tank. Think how much space that freeze up. Got a tankless water heater about the size of the medium to small suitcase hanging on the wall. They deliver one hundred percent hot water that never stops. As long as your hot water tap is on, it's going to churn out the hot water, so you never run out. They last longer than a tank system as well, so uh and happen to be energy savers because they only turn on when the hot water is turned on. Also doing trench the sewer line repair. If you got a problem with your sewer line, have them come out and inspect it. If there's a problem, they can fix it without digging up your lawn. That is a great, great, great thing because there's an extra heap of money you got to pay to repair your lawn. Rely on the experts of plumb type plumbing. It's always plumbing done right five one three, seven two seven Tight t t E five one three, seven, two seven eighty four eighty three online you'll find them at plumbtight dot com fifty five KRC. The tox Tea Channel nine first one forecast today partly cloudy skies, maybe some afternoon storms they say probably after three pm if we got them eighty three to the high today overnight low sixty seventh is going to be a humid bit clear sunny skies tomorrow slight chance all ran in the afternoon with a high of eighty four, sixty six overnight and clouds and a partly cloudy Thursday. In getting the hotter though eighty eight for high sixty nine degrees right now, it's not for a traffic update.
Speaker 6: Chuck from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ translander from multicultural communities the Gift of life. Become an organ donor or explorer living donation and you see health dot com slaves transplant. Highway traffic looks pretty good for your Tuesday morning drive. No accidents to deal with right now in Bend seventy fourth under ten minutes from two seventy five and the coal rings split into the seventy five ramp sath pound seventy one wide open pass.
Speaker 6: Fight for Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Sex thirty if you five K see the talk station Happy Tuesday too, Yeah, Todd's ins or Citizen Watch. Daw commented about that ankle monitoring problem at Mordisha blacks lack of supervision. He said, it's very clear to everyone that an authoritative, independent review of Mordisha blacks lack of supervision during his post release control is urgently needed. Murderer Patrick Heringer has exposed fatal gaps in the post release control program a highest post release control program must be reformed, but the failures of the program cannot be reformed basedupon news reports. It will require independent fact finding, so he said in my the Mayor of the City Council should have already requested such an investigation, but they have not, and that is not one of the proposals that was brought up in the motion before the Law on Public Safety Committee. So we'll see if we can get some reform along those lines. Let's go to the phones, cribbage, my submarine or friend. Good to see you, Good to hear from me this morning. You're going to be a listener to lunch at weed them in tomorrow, you bet, Brian.
Speaker 16: I think it'll be a great discussion with the normal fellowship we have because we do have some weighty issues. But once again, always looking forward to the group that shows up, and of course spending some time with you, my friend.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it, man, I always look forward to it as well. You can't wait to play. We'll see if I can continue my winning streak.
Speaker 5: I tell you, I tell you.
Speaker 16: I would like to say you learn from the master, but but I think just the more times you played that wonderful game, and you know, obviously you can't pick the cards you get, but it's always a pleasure, sir.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, I told me that it does help to keep an ace handy in your hands. Eddie on your mind today.
Speaker 16: Mike, Yes, sir, just just a heartbreaking story there about the woman that's lost both sons. I remember shortly after I returned after active duty, when I came back home to Cincinnati, the Inquirer, so it was either five and six early in the in January February timeframe, they had pictures of every homicide that took place in Cincinnati, and it was, you know, full both pages, and I think, to the best of my recollection, there couldn't have been less than five white people. And the inquiry took heat like you would not believe. And that was the last time they did it. You know, sometimes you got to look a problem, and here's this woman who lost both sons. Yeah, you know, and here we are almost twenty years removed, and obviously the problem hasn't got much better. And what really irritated me out of that press conference on Friday. You've already dissected what the mayor said, but when Scottie Johnson got up there, I'm police officer and wagged his finger at the assembled media there you know about running in in a loop and how irresponsible that was. Well, sorry, mister Johnson, this is called news. And unfortunately, and I don't know what that says about society that we've had thirty eight homicides in Hamilton County or downtown Cincinnati. But it's like a twenty four hour news cycle because we know the next one's coming. That beatdown that took occurred on four Street, I personally have not No. I'm sure Ian Riots maybe something similar like that happened, But as far as what we saw on TV and just the utter disgrace of humanity kicking people in the head like that, and of course what Holly suffered, I had not seen anything like that going all the way back when Reginald Denny was pulled out of that truck post Rodney King to where people just said no regard whatsoever, and literally just how he survived that, how Holly survived that, How some of these gentlemen survived those kind of kicks.
Speaker 1: To the head.
Speaker 16: And as we all know, I mean you look what football players, you know go ten year, twenty years down the road, with CTE what they may be facing. Yeah, I mean, come on, mister Johnson.
Speaker 1: Brain damage. Yeah, absolutely, it really is. You know, I'm kind of at a loss for words this morning on this whole thing. You know, you talk about it enough in that town hall meetings beneficial as I think it was for people to have an opportunity to get it out of their system and talk and ask questions out loud. You know, you walk away and you just you just have this painful reality set hold in your head that there's no easy fix for this. It's it's not bullet there is no and we all want one. We're everybody wants one. Black people, white people, everybody in any community would want a solution. Where is it? But it's so much deeper than just you know, oh my god, we've got crime. We need to put more police out there on the streets. The genesis and the motivation for the violence is really the core of the problem, and I don't know, I don't know where the solution lies. Again, that's something Ramaswami talked about, you know, these long term you know, we've got to face this reality and we've got to start embracing, you know, more traditional values and all traditional values. You conservative, but you know, I mean, you can trace the breakdown of the nuclear family to this precipitous increase in crime. Most notably and sadly within the black community. The marriage rate is so unbelievably low when he used to be so high. That's where the discussion went. We got over to Lyndon Johnson and the Great Society programs that have just hooked people up to the biblical court of government, which he promised would happen. It's going to guarantee democratic victories into the future, is basically what he said out loud. And he did use the N word when he was making that point. He was notorious for that racist So and so we'll catch myself from SEC compliance violations. I am sorry. I will take your call immediately as soon as we get back. I'm going to pause here for a moment, and I recommend strongly getting oder Exit products od rxit free shipping on orders over twenty five. Order more than thirty five, they'll get a free bottle of the older Exit six ounce Magic, which is great for your car. That's where I keep my six sounds older Exit Magic in the glove box. When I get food delivery or when I pick up food. But if you're a smoker and you want to get the smoke out of your car, there's a product for that right there. But they have products for mold, mildews, skunk spray, human odors, pet oders, any kind of odor you can name. You can buy it online. You'll be shipped immediately to your home. In fact, usually arrives the next day. But if you've got to have it today, there's a search engine on the website which you can find where all the locations are that sell the Odor Exit products. They're guaranteed one hundred percent guarantee they're going to eliminate the odor or you get your money back. How about that been around for twenty five years, locally made and a wonderful company. They are so rely on the folks at Odor Exit they'll get rid of the odors that are plaguing youd are xiit O d O r XIT no e odor Exit dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Here's your CHANNELINE weather forecast. Partly cloudy sky's today, maybe some isolated afternoon storms they say, if so, probably after three PM today, eighty three to high overnight lowes sixty seven cody, humid with clear sky, sunny. Tomorrow's slight chanceer rain in the afternoon with high of eighty four. Overnight partly Cloudy's sixty six a partly clotty. Thursday building heat. We're gonna go all the way up to eighty eight on Thursday. Driver the weekend, they say, right now, it's sixty eight degrees. It's time for traffic update from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant from multicultural communities. Give the gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore living donation at you'd see health dot com slash transplant westpend two seventy five is moving a bit slow between kel Loogg and for seventy one. There's a broken down that's over on the right hand shoulder after you come off of the ridge. Police had the right lane blocked off for a bit. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Shy six forty one. Here fifty five kr CE talk station coming up Orlando Sons every turn talk about the Hamilt Canny Military Veterans Appreciation Day and his new role in the Trump administration. That'll be off top of the our news. Follow by Christopher Smithman on the town hall meeting with the A Ramaswammy last night, who was kind enough to stay on hold over the break. Robert, Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for holding my friend TOTL. Thanks for taking my call. Happy.
Speaker 17: I wanted to say that, you know, your program is absolutely awesome. I listened to you as much as I can.
Speaker 1: Oh, thanks Man, And.
Speaker 17: Last week I was enthralled with everything that's been going on. And one thing that you mentioned, which I'm really surprised, you said, you haven't seen that video.
Speaker 1: Of the WWE type. Yeah, I have not seen that one, although Corey was kind enough to just for me a longer version of the video which shows a more extended altercation between the two people that were involved in the genesis of the fight, the slap, the guy that got slapped and the white guy that ultimately got beat down. There was a longer period of time in front of that, and I was happy to see that. In fact, there were a number of black folks that did try to stop those two from fighting each other. They got in and separated them like a like a referee. And a ring at a boxing match. So quite a few people did endeavor to just de escalate the situation, so props to those people. But as soon as the punch was thrown in the slap, it just it just completely fell apart and that's when the when the melee happened. So that's that's one. I now have seen a longer version of it. I have not seen the WWE one that Christopher talked about the other.
Speaker 17: Day, okay, and that kind of surprises me because I think within the first two or three days, I think after this happened, I saw that video where that that that dude, I mean absolutely did a w W e yeh slam on that guy, and I was I've seen so Brian, I'll be honest with you, in the last week and a half, I've learned more about this city and this in in the leadership than I've ever in my whole life. And it's it's shocking.
Speaker 7: It reminds me of d C be honest with you.
Speaker 17: So, yeah, so you have seen the slap thing.
Speaker 5: I guess I don't.
Speaker 1: Understand the slap thing. Well, the white guy did slap the black guy, and some are suggesting that was the beginning of it earlier on, and then there is a long period of an altercation between those two. There was they were standing there with their fists up, you know, just like a boxing match, you know, separated from some with some distance, but the slap didn't occurrence. A little bit later after that longer exchange where they were dancing around in fight positions.
Speaker 17: So so where the old kicked the car thing come into play.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, Robert. It's all piece to me. This is why I, like I said, at some point, we're going to get a montage of all the video, and it's going to be in order, and we're gonna see it from start to finish. That's kind of what I'm sitting around waiting for. And that's going to require the video that police Chief three Teresa Thizi said she had. So let's get it all together. I'm sure there's a lot of folks in the crowd obviously filming this, and if everybody turns in their video, we'll have a complete picture and then we'll know truly what happened. But okay, I.
Speaker 17: Got I got a couple, I got a couple other things, if you don't mind.
Speaker 1: So the nine one one call.
Speaker 17: So the chief of police complains that there was only one, and I agree, if there only was it was only one? But was it your program that said the chief of police said that it came in at three oh six, and somebody has proof that they called it three h three.
Speaker 10: Was that your program?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Corey Bowman said that yesterday. I believe that was what he said the town hall meeting. Joe, is that where I heard them say that. I was on the air with me. That's right, he was on at seven oh five yesterday. I knew he had made that point at one point yesterday. I'm just like, it's all a blur anymore. It's coming out of so fast and furioce.
Speaker 15: I totally agree.
Speaker 17: I'm taking in so much in the last between local news, online, yeah, on TV, national news, international news. It's so confusing, it's crazy. And my point to the whole nine on one. So the chief of police says there was only one, So how many is the visit take?
Speaker 1: Is one?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 17: Or is the criteria ten before you act upon it?
Speaker 1: Or is it a hundred or is it a thousand? Who cares?
Speaker 5: If it was one?
Speaker 7: Is it one enough?
Speaker 1: I agree with you. I think The broader point of that is maybe a social point she was making, Like, listen, you got a crowd of one hundred people standing around with video cameras watching this absolute idea of devolving situation with a fist fight out in the middle of the street. Why is it that no one bothered to call the police? Only one person bothered to call the police. I think that was maybe her admonishing society. You know, we need to have more people, more willing to get in touch with law enforcement. But I think that that avoids and evades. I think the bigger problem, which is, you got three giant events going on in downtown Cincinnati. You have a total, a total grand total. If you tapped in all the available police resources, I believe it was eleven total originally reported, there were only three officers assigned to the area. That just doesn't sound like enough. I mean, it's one of the things the reaction was from a lot of people. Why weren't there more officers around? If do you think, I mean, seriously, if there were a couple of officers standing there on that corner, do you think that situation would have devolved the way it did? I personally don't. I mean right. Yeah, it's just wow, there's a cop there. Maybe I better not kick the guy in the head, you know, one of those kind of things. It's that seems to be the simplest solution. When large crowds gather, have a greater presence of police. You can see it coming a mile away. Look down the road. In early August, we're going to have these three big events happen at one time. We need to plan ahead of that and get a lot more police resources on the street, just to create a visual presence of safety period. End of story. Problem may be solved, may be avoided, and it's impossible to know. It is impossible to know how many things like this were avoided when they did have a police presence around. We'll never know the answer to that question. I think we can logically and reasonably conclude that the likelihood of someone engaging in this type of horrific behavior reduces substantially when there are cops right there. I don't think anybody can argue to the contrary that does that mean you're going to eliminate all of them? No, but it does go a long way. The presence of police give the feeling of safety for the general population, and of course may deter the criminal element among us from engaging in criminal conduct that they're going to get arrested, or if they really sat and pondered it, maybe they just go ahead and move on and commit the criminal conduct in spite of the police being there, knowing full well the revolving door of justice that exists in Hamilton County means they're going to get out with no bond and will not be held to the highest accountability under the criminal law. If you thought about it long enough, you might go down that road. Six forty eight fifty five krs. The talk station. Thank you so much for the kind words about the show. I truly appreciate that, especially when I feel like I'm not firing on all cylinders today. Foreign Exchange they're firing on all cylinders all the time, taking great care of their customers. It's all about imported automobiles are traditionally manufactured imported automobiles at Foreign Exchange, also Tesla's they've all been trained to service Tesla. So you got a traditionally imported car or Tesla, you want to save money and still get a full warranty on parts and service and have your car worked on by an ASSE certified Master technician. You want to be at Foreign Exchange. I've saved heap loads of money over the years, always taken my cars to foreign Exchange, got imported cars? What do you say so, especially my friends out there with German cars, you know how expensive it is to take it to the dealer. Take it to foreign Exchange. I'll treat you great. Give them a call five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. I do specify that is the Westchester location, which is the one where I go. Tyler's bill elegsit off a seventy five head east hangar Ud on Kingland Drive and you are there. It's a real short jog off the exchange sixty four four twenty six, twenty six to schedule the appointment. Are go online to take care of that and find out more about the business Foreign xform the letter acts dot com fifty five KRC. Here is your Channel nine first warning weather forecast. Oh yeah, a partly thirty day to day isolated afternoon storm for possible, they say after three pm eighty three for the high overnight clear sky is human in sixty seven tomorrow eighty four the highway. Most of the Sunday skies and a slight chance of afternoon rank partly Claudia over night sixty six for the low and high of eighty eight on Thursday, temperatures on the rise. It'll be dry though partly cloudy sky sixty eight degrees. Right now. Time for traffic update.
Speaker 6: But you see how traffic center.
Speaker 9: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanter from multicultural communities give the Gift of life.
Speaker 6: Become an organ donor.
Speaker 9: Orgs for a living donation at using health dot com slaves transplant. Highway traffic not all that bad northbound seventy five beginning to build just a bit in the cut, saying for southbound two seventy five across the KR Cropper Bridge, I'm no longer seen a delay westbound two seventy five at the combes Hail after Kellogg chuck Ingramont fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty three fifty goot KRCD Talk Station Orlando Sons after the top of the Iron News, followed by Christopher Smithman, of course heading up with the Ake Ramaswami that event yesterday to talk about the violence downtown. Thank you again to Corey who ford me the WWE video, I had not seen that. That's maybe that's why I'm feeling low today. I mean, I've seen all the I've seen quite a few of these videos now, and I think I've closed the gap on what's out there. Maybe I don't know, maybe we'll have more. As I mentioned with Fiji talking about releasing more video, it's just so hard to watch. It's just so hard to watch, which again I'll point out, I think goes a long way to explain why so many people reacted to it. It just goes on and on and on. And also the video Cordier forwarded me reveals, you know, a little bit more about what Tiji said. That there were there was more than one victim, I mean more than two victims. The two we primarily focused on where the white guy with the white shirt and of course Holly that got the cole cocked out of nowhere, the most unjustifiable component of the beatdown. And again, congratulations to everybody who sent her some money. She's up to four hundred and sixty four thousand and four almost five hundred dollars on the GI send go page. So I'm not sure that's going to make her whole at all, but it certainly would go a long way to help her out in her time of need. But it's just I don't know. I'm kind of at a loss for words on it. And I think, you know, on the heels of that meeting last night where you just walked out thinking, you know, what is really going to happen here? How are we going to move in a better direction? What can we accomplish from this? What can we learn from this? Just absolutely inexcusable, inexcusable? Again, you know, the just because someone calls you a vile name does not free you to engage in criminal conduct. It doesn't give you free rein Was it wrong? Maybe if someone used the N word? Is that excuse the whole meltdown here? I personally don't think it does. But it's certainly not lawful to aren't wailing on someone in this way as a consequence of what someone says? I don't know, put yourself in that position, how would you have reacted? Six fifty five fifty five ker Seedy Talk Station. Apologies Again, I'm just feeling really blue about this whole issue this morning. It's really just gotten under my skin, maybe steering me in a different direction talking about something really great coming up, the Hamlin County Military and Veterans Appreciation Day. Orlando Sons is one hell of a good guy, so much so the Trump administration has tapped him to be counseled for the Civil Rights Division for the US Department of Justice. Congratulations Orlando. We'll talk to him about those two subjects after the top of the Iron is and then we'll get Christopher Smithman's take on yesterday's town hall meeting and what he thought and what he came away with it. Maybe he'll make me feel a little bit better about the situation. I don't know. Keep your fingers crossed. Inside Scoop with Bride Barton News director Bradley Jay at eight oh five, and then a Daniel Davis deep dive, and then finally at the end of the program at eight forty vive a Ramase. We've got us a recapy yesterday and his thoughts and comments and his idea is about a better path to the future. That's at the end of the eight o'clock hour. I sure hope you can stick around for all that. I'll be right back Today's top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: You just got to know what's happening in your world. Fifty five krc FEE Talkstations.
Speaker 1: It's seven five here, fifty five kr S Talk station and a very happy Fie Day team. Try to make it so anyway. I admit to being a little bit down in the aftermath of all that violence we keep discussing in downtown Cincinnati, but to talk about something slightly more uplifting, of course, way more uplifting. Welcome back to the fifty five KRCE Morning Show. I wish I could say Congressman Orlando Sonza maybe someday, but welcome back to Orlando. It's a pleasure to have you on the prayer and program. It's been a while since we've talked. How have you been lately, my friend, Orlando, Brian.
Speaker 14: My gosh, it has been a while, but always great to be on with you. We are doing well, doing well.
Speaker 1: Glad to hear that family all in good shape.
Speaker 14: We're gearing up for I think a wild and crazy season, but as the sonsas like to say, we're always.
Speaker 1: Up for a challenge.
Speaker 14: So they are doing well and ready.
Speaker 1: To go great. I wish you all the best and getting ready for school. I suppose with the kids real quick, Orlando, I don't want to throw a curveball out. You put you on the spot, and I know you're here to talk about the Hamilton County Veterans Appreciation Day and parenthetically your appointment to the Civil Rights Division with the US Department of Justice under the Trump administration. Wonderful appointment and congratulations on that. We'll get to that in a moment. Can I just get your reactions to the violence on the twenty sixth of July in downtown Cincinnati, And you know, if you were in elected capacity, you certainly would be put on the spot on that. I'm just just curious to know what you have to say about it and what your reaction is and if you think there are any solutions that could solve what seems to be a broader societal breakdown problem. Yeah, Brian, you know what.
Speaker 14: I first and foremost just want to say that it really has been an honor to serve the Hamilton's County veterans over the past fifteen months, you know, and I'm incredibly grateful now for the opportunity to serve at the national level as counsel in the Civil Rights Division. Well, I can't discuss specifics, you know, of what's just been going on. I would just say that I'm remain committed to defending constitutional freedoms for all Americans, whether it's Cincinnati or across the country, and upholding our rules law. That's all I'll say at the moment.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, And your role as counselor for the Civil Rights Division, I'm working on case law litigation. What will you be taking on here Orlando again?
Speaker 14: You know, the opportunity to focus on legal matters involving civil rights litigation. I mean, Brian, you can't get more tip of the spear than that and helping implement the administration's legal So it will be litigation heavy and I'm excited to hit the ground running on day one.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you get a good staff. You know, having been a litigation attorney for sixteen years, there's a lot of work that goes into that and evidence gathering and briefs and motion practice and all that. So you're up for the challenge. I am certain of that, and that's why the Trump administration turned to you for that appointment. So congratulations from me and my listening audience on the appointment. We expect big things from you, Orlando. That's for damn sure.
Speaker 10: Thanks.
Speaker 1: And as you're you're no longer in the role as head of the Hemnon County Veteran Service Commission, I guess your last day was August thirteenth, if I read that correctly.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so coming up next Wednesday would be my final day.
Speaker 1: That's right, final day next Wednesday. Glenn Welling. I suppose he's a commission member. He's going to be serving as the interim director. I guess the veterans are in good hands with Glenn Welling at the HELM after your absence.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 14: I mean there's no better person I could think of to leave the transition and continue the incredible momentum that we've just seen.
Speaker 5: Brian.
Speaker 14: I mean, we went from an office of six full time employees trying to service thirty eight thousand veterans in Hamilton County and we've essentially tripled that. We're now eighteen strong of all veterans or dependent of veterans that are fully committed to serving the over thirty eight thousand veterans that we have in Hamilton County. So no better person to lead that than MASSA chief Glenn Welling, who currently serves as the executive director of the Xavier University Military and Veterans Career Center, and so I'm just excited to see him take the helm and continue on the progress we've made and the transformation we've seen just over the last year plus.
Speaker 1: Wonderful news. Appreciate your optimism on that. And I guess I suppose as you depart the role, one of your final acts and duties is to coordinate this upcoming military our Hamilton County Military and Veterans Appreciation Day, which has taking place Saturday, August twenty third. And saw your point. Let's talk about this what's going on on that day, Orlando?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, you know no better I think thing to kind of cap off the work that we've just done and try to do for Hamilton County veterans and their families. Right then, a huge celebration, a community celebration to honor those that have served our country. You know, Brian, you know that my wife and I Jessica, we donned the uniform at one point, honored to have served. And I can't tell you how much we appreciated just in our time and service and out when the entire community gets together and just honors the sacrifice of our brave men and women that have wear them warned the uniform or are currently serving. And so we've got a huge Military and Veterans Appreciation Day down at Sawyer Point coming up in two weeks August twenty third. It's a Saturday, two to ten pm. It's going to be an awesome time to just celebrate our military members and veterans in an extraordinary event open to the entire community. You do not have to be military to join in on the fun. And you've got family fund zone for kids that's just going to be Cincinnati Circus is going to be there, a rock wall display of military equipment and vehicles, and then free food for Hamilton County veterans and their family members. Food trucks are going to be out there. ConA ice truck's going to be out there. But you got to register. That's what we're trying to impress is you've got to go onto our website that's HCVSC dot org hcvsc dot org to register so you can get your meal voucher and get your free food. We'll have live music and Brian I do want to highlight I think the most important thing about this event is a Veterans Resource Fare fromm on August twenty third. I mean, we're gonna have over eighty organizations representing all veterans service whether it's employment, health and wellness, education, financial counseling, legal services. The VA is going to be out there answering your VA claims questions. So it's going to be awesome. And it's just the build off of what we did for our inaugural event last year when we had over two thousand, five hundred veterans at the ballpark show up for our inaugural Appreciation Day. So we're doing it again and we're going to do it even bigger.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, we appreciate your service and your wife's service to our country. You did allude to it. You appreciate the veterans, and you were active duty in your time, and when you went into events like this and the community came out in support of veterans, it truly means a lot to the service members and the veterans when we do show or support you enjoy and appreciate that. And I'm happy that you did say that out loud, because I want to encourage people to come out and do that. You know, it's like police officers. When I see a police officer on the street, I thank them for their service to their community. You know, it's an easy thing to do, and you know, sometimes you get a really you know, happy reaction. Sometimes it's like a little you know, kind of like appreciate it and then move on. But I mean it's got to mean a lot to you to know that we do care and we were coming out and to pat you on the back and as inspiring your presence there.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 14: It's a thank you for your service. And we've seen it time and time again at the Veteran Service Commission, Brian, where someone will come in and say, you know, I'm not a veteran. You know I didn't deploy or you know, thank god I didn't get injured, and so I don't think I fit the definition definition of veteran. No, No, you are a veteran. You raise your right hand. You swore to protect and defend this constitution. You wore the uniform, you were ready at moments notice to serve this great country.
Speaker 1: You are a veteran, and we are.
Speaker 14: Here to serve you, and we are here to say thank you for your service. No matter what era, no matter what branch of service. Although you know that Just and I are Army bias, right, Brian, It's one fight and that we honor the service of all of our veterans.
Speaker 1: Well, the event begins at two pm and it last till ten PM. And I did see you do have musical entertainment going on during the day addition to the food trucks and the eighty organizations for there for the for the veterans and career opportunities, et cetera of the military equipment. But you have music, that's right.
Speaker 14: We got four cover bands that are that are gonna be awesome. They're gonna be playing from two to eight pm, you know Varner Netherton Revival. We've got pm Eversin Price in the all star band, the Menus, Zal Gonzalez and Stephen Cochrane. And then we're going to cap off the night with how else do you end a celebration, Brian, nine to thirty pm. We're gonna have fireworks by Rossie Fireworks. Ah, it's gonna be an awesome event.
Speaker 1: Well, you see, I specifically asked you Orlanda about the musical acts because I know the Menus are a huge draw, and I know the lead singer, Tim Goldringer. He and I went to high school together and he used to perform with my dad's Alzheimer's Memory Facility when my dad was there, and my dad absolutely loved him. He is such a great entertainer. But the menus is a huge draw, so you're gonna get a lot of folks showing up for that and then saluting the veterans while they're there as well. Orlando's son, So thank you for your work, your hard work and tireless work on behalf of the American veterans and your role with the Hamlin County Veteran Services Commission. Of course, congratulations again on your appointment to the Council for the Civil Rights Division. I'm looking forward to the work that you do for the Trump administration, and I thank you again for all that you've done for the veterans in your capacity at the Hamilin County Veteran Services It's hcv HCVSC dot org, hcv s C. My veteran friends and the audience, make sure you register so you can get the free food and free parking and well you'll also be eligible for door prizes by entering as well or Land to thank you again for your time and spending some time today this morning with my listeners and me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Brian. Always a pleasure. Take care of my friend and.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to Always here for you. Anything you got to talk about, you can feel free to speak your voice on the morning show, my friend. Good luck in DC too. You hope you're getting you get in combat. Pay for that.
Speaker 5: I wish, I wish.
Speaker 7: It's an honor to serve.
Speaker 1: I said, you got it, you got it. You are going to be serving. I don't envy you for having to live in the swamp, but I know you're gonna do a great job. Take care, Boddy. We'll talk again. Seven sixteen fifty five Karasiti Talk Station. Think about that. Would you move to Washington, DC? That's a hard ask right there. Rhino Shield an outstanding product. Rhino shields so cool. It was Rhino Shield twenty five year guarantee. It's not paint. It's better than paint. It's like ceramic coating and Rhino shield. You can put it on all kinds of surfaces, like my daughter's barn, her and her fiance's barn. It was in miserable shape. It was an awful you mustard yellow. It was flaking and peeling. I don't know the last time that thing's been painted. But you see, when you go with Rhino Shield, you never have to worry about painting again. Right, It's awesome. So it repels moisture, it repels UV light, It keeps the surface that it's painted on protected, breatheable design, it doesn't trap moisture, and eight to eight to ten times thicker than paint. In addition to this ceramic nature of this coating, I'm reluctant to even call it paint. It's that thickness that also helped it last long. And they really do a wonderful job. Prep is critical for the Rhino Shield product to work, and they spend a lot of time prepping the surface and then before they apply the Rhino shoeld. But you'll be glad they do it. Serving the whole Greater Cincinnati area. You can find them. Just call them five eight five five seven four four sixty six oh five eight five five seven four four sixty six oh five. You get a free quote. Why not and just think about it, kickback and enjoy the color. There's like fifteen hundred colors that choose from Channel nine weather forecast time Today, a partly firty day to day showers are possible. Afternoon storms, they say, isolated though after three pm if we get any eighty three to high over night low sixty seven is going to be humid and clear, sunny skuys tomorrow with a slight as of afternoon reign in a high of eighty four Overnight. You'll partly cloudy with a low of sixty six Thursday, all the way up to eighty eight degrees, but dry and partly cloudy sixty nine degrees Right now, it's gonna travel up dag.
Speaker 6: Chuck from the UCLP Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanterer from multicultural communities give the gift of life, become an organ donor or explore living donation at uc health dot com.
Speaker 6: Slaves transplant.
Speaker 9: Northbound seventy five slows out of erl Linger into the cut. That's an extra five minutes in bend seventy four beginning to slow down between Montana and seventy five. Northbound four seventy one right Leanto, the bridge will slow go out of Bellevue, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: It is seven to twenty one. If you five KRCD talk station. Hope you e have been a decent Tuesday. If you can stick around, we're gonna hear from Christopher Smithman. Yes, we heard from him yesterday with the smith VMP and Light of the town Hall with the Veke Grahmaswami last night, which is linked on the blog page fifty five careseea dot com You get a chance to watch it live, which my wife and I did. It was it was I thought it was good. I thought it was effective. Yeah, there was some politic and going on there. RAMASWAMMI running for for governor and I think he will be governor. And he is so optimistic in spite of the subject matter that brought everyone there to Jim and Jax last night. You know, Ramaswami is an inspiring man. Uh and he is as sharp as attack. You throw any question in the world at him and he cause he formulates just a brilliant response. Don't believe me. Check out my blog Patriot. If I've care Sea dot com watch the town Hall. But it was also so troubling and heartbreaking, you know, to hear from a woman who lost two children to gun violence. I just the horror of that. Of course, she's desperate for solutions. So anyway, oh and real quick updated on the gift said, go it's going through the room, poor Holly who just got the undeserved Cole cocky and knocked her clean to the ground. You've seen photos of her I imagine this of course on the twenty six in downtown Cincinnati. I think be probably the most horrific component of having to watch the video was seeing her get punched in the face and knocked to the ground, knocked out and clearly very very physically damaged. It's a guy named Benny Johnson said, up a gift, send go page for her. It's it's jumped I think twenty thousand dollars since the mic came on this morning, she's already up to four hundred and sixty five thousand dollars. And it's just so impressive, just an excellent illustration of every little bit counts. I think Donald and Neil Americans for prosperity, that sort of you know, one small step campaign they have going just getting everyone to get out and just engage in some sort of activity to write the ship here in the state of Ohio. Make the phone call to your elected officials, send a letter, send an email, knock on a door, get engaged. That kind of thing. Little tiny steps all add up. And when you see a bunch of fifteen ten dollars twenty dollars contributions rolling in to help Holly and help her deal with the aftermath of this insanity, I just think it's a beautiful thing to behold. Four hundred and sixty five thousand dollars and growing doesn't stop.
Speaker 6: Insanity.
Speaker 1: I just I wanted to pop this in here because one of the things it seems to be, and they're talking about it as if it's a foregone conclusion. And I know it's New York and they're going to have their own problems to deal with. But Zorhan Mandani, who is the leading candidate to run the city or the New York City, the guy is an outright kami. He's a member of the Democratic Socialists of America. And this is a rather disturb It doesn't surprise me to read this, But you know, I think about the taxpayers in New York City. They've already driven out so much business. They've already driven out so many of that super wealthy in New York City because of their insane tie tax taxation rate. He's talking about jacking up the income tax even higher on wealthy New York. Now you know they're going to leave more so than they already have. Big businesses have already left, many of them gone to the state of Florida. Anyway, article I found this guy named Dan Goulden. He's a member of New York City's Democratic Socialist America Steering Committee and apparently he works on the He worked on Zoron Mondani's campaign, helped write the trans policy platform. So they just released this Democrat Socialist of America panel discussion from last month Socialism twenty twenty five conference. Quote. We collaborated with the Zoron Mondami campaign on his trans rights platform, and what we explicitly wanted to do was use the power of New York City to provide free gender affirming care. And I say free in case insurance companies decide to buddh us off free gender affirming care not just the people in the York City but across the country. And one presumably understands that given a zoron Mndami and his view on illegal immigrants. In the fact that New York City's a sanctuary policy, I imagine this was extend to non citizens. You know, didn't we get into a big problem with open borders by telegraphing to the rest of the world that the borders were in fact open and that you'll be able to hook yourself up in the Biblical court of government and get free services, free housing, free clothing, free education. We told the whole world that look what happened. A floodgate. A flood of humanity came across the southern border during the Biden administration, millions of additional people coming here for free stuff and things. Good luck, New York City. I hope your tax base can cover the cost of gender affirming care for literally every human being in the country who wants to go there to get free I guess surgery. I don't think the financial state of New York City can manage that. But that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to taxpayer spending. This guy is literally insane, and he's the leading candidate. Seven twenty seven fifty five krs the talk station Christopher Smithamen up next, First, get a call to USA Installation. It's a free quote and free inspection. They inspect to make sure that you don't need the product. I mean, if you do, you don't need it, they'll tell you. So if you have maybe a newer you didn't see the town hall last night with Christopher Smithman and Vva Grama so Im you can get the link of my blog page fifty five Caroseea dot com. My wife and I watched the whole thing. Welcome back, Christopher Smitheman to talk about that. Well, how'd you think it went, Christopher, Welcome back to the program, my friend.
Speaker 10: Oh, Brian, thank you, my friend, and thanks for watching it. It was so overwhelmingly successful. Over a thousand people came. People were in the back listening outside, people were inside, people were kind, people were resp there were there were there were dissenting voices. In a democracy, people were respectful to each other in those dissenting comments. It could not have been better. The room was diverse, so you know, people were like, oh, it's not going to be diverse.
Speaker 7: I think I did.
Speaker 10: I gave the explanation of why why Jim and Jacks, which was a great location for the event. And I just can't say enough about the VEC Robin Swami. He did a great job providing leadership where we do not have the leadership at city Hall. There's a vacuum there. Like today there's the Law and Public Safety Committee meeting is happening today. But you know, most would say it's two weeks too late. I mean, we're glad they're having it, but they're you know, they're two weeks too late. And they certainly at the at the heart of it, their colleague who the president pro ten will be president, and she's the one that's a part of the sphere of the firestorm by saying that those who were assaulted in downtown cincinna, we're begging for it. But again, it was a great event, Bryant, great event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that was my takeaway. I guess, as I mentioned earlier in the program, my I don't I'm sure my frustration is shared to a certain degree. But you know, solving the problem that we're facing with violence in downtown Cincinnati, there is no magic bullet, as you know VD pointed out. You know, you can address allocation of resources like law enforcement, better patrols, and uh, you know, obviously reopening psychiatric facilities, that is a is a wonderful idea, but you know, logistically speaking, that's not going to happen overnight. You know, the idea of you know, committing people who are suffering from massive psychiatric problems with which caused them to commit crimes repeatedly. We need a solution for that, but that seems to be a longer term solution. But you know, enforcing the law, letting police enforce the law, like curfew laws, that's easy to do. Just let them go ahead and do it. That's one of the things that came out of this. But the other component of it he talked about was this sort of again long term proposition. We've got to change the hearts and minds of Americans generally speaking, you know, the the reintroduction of of the appreciation for the family unit, mom and dad at home, you know, instilling a sense of community, a sense of cooperation with police. This is changing minds. So accomplishing that is the difficult challenge we face. Christopher.
Speaker 10: Yes, and one of the things that I will share with you is that, and I say this very in the most humble way, but the veck nor I nor I don't think anybody has all of the solutions, like you're there to listen and learn because all of those intelligent people that were in the room collectively, the solutions are in front of us. For example, Sarah talking a victim of her husband Patrick being murdered in over the Rhine, right, meaning the VEC really didn't know that story prior to the town hall coming together. But then when he heard the story, I mean she told her story right, it absolutely moved the VEC yesterday. So now if you can imagine, we all can. He becomes the governor and now he says, listen, we're gonna do something about these things that Patrick ended up losing his life. MITI I think if he wins that he's going to be a governor that's going to hone in on criminal justice issues. I'm not saying he can solve everything, but he can make sure that if you take off your monitor, somebody is on you immediately and we're picking you up. We're gonna find you and make sure that you go right back to jail. We're not gonna let you just wander around for three or four months and end up, unfortunately, at the front door of Sarah's home. In her bedroom and kill her husband. But her testimony was so impactful to me. I had heard it. I'm just not sure if if Vick had hurt it and heard it in the way that she delivered it, I thought it was. And then there were lots of people in the room, Brian Thomas, who had never heard her story, didn't know anything about it. Yeah, and so now people were walking up to me, going, man, what Sarah said just moves me. We've got to do something.
Speaker 6: We've got to.
Speaker 10: Change, so the collective change the other woman who spoke about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, hearing you, Felicia Zimerman, I'm gonna pause because we're out of time in the segment. We need to address that one because I had never heard that story, and I cannot imagine imagine what that woman has going is going through still to this day. Let's give bring Christopher back. It's a seven thirty seven fifty five cares to the talxations. Brian Thomas with Christopher Smithman, former Vice Metha. The City of Cincinnati also co host of the town hall event with the vank Ramas swimming yesterday and pivoting over to Felicia Zimmerman. That one blew my mind. Christopher. Two, she lost two of her children to gun violence, her sons, two of her sons both shot and killed. She I mean she was struggling not to just break down completely crying. Christ Oh, she was, she was.
Speaker 10: And that's another example. It was a story that I had never heard. If it weren't for the town hall meeting, I would have never known about it. And it moved me as it moved you and moved everybody in the room. And so it's this example for me that the gun violence that we're all talking about is impacting everybody. Yes, you know it's the face of it. Are black people, white people, you know, Asian people, depending on where you live in La Latino people. This gun violence that we're talking about with young people is impacting everybody. And that was so powerful for I think the world, for definitely people in Hamilton County to understand that this is impacting everybody. And obviously definitely her testimony impacted me. But yet another example of a solution.
Speaker 7: Meaning she moved me.
Speaker 10: And I talked about Hope Dutley, for example, who most people didn't know, but she's been trying to get her cards oh, inside the Hamilton County jails forever, Christoph robbying the Hamilton County commissioners. She's been lobbying the Sheriff's department. They used to be in the jails. I don't understand why they don't allow her cards that help I get the cold cases back into the spotlight for these mothers who'd lost their children and the case hasn't been solved. Why they won't do.
Speaker 6: It, dude?
Speaker 1: I had her on my program talking about those cards, and she talked about, you know, there were actually some cases solved because of the cards floating around. It's a pack of playing cards. In every card rather than you know, the diamonds or the spades or the clubs or anything. It's got you know, of course the cards are properly labeled, but it's got a photograph on them involving one of these unsolved cases. And since you're dealing with the criminal element in a jail, all concentrated in one space, and they need something to do, they play cards. And while they're playing cards, are like one of them stumbles across one of these cards and goes, oh, I know all about that, and then can let the authorities know and we can solve one of these cold cases. I am shocked and puzzled to know or and want to know why those are no longer allowed in the jail when they used to be allowed in the jail.
Speaker 10: That is so it's again, this is like that solution. All of his all of us in the room, could hear that and go and Hope Dutley, who's been fighting for victims. I'm going to try to connect Felicia and Hope Dutley together. But people who've been fighting for those There's so many people that have unsolved crimes and mothers out here, and so this notion that the mom, for example, I'm trying to bring them the life. And the best way that I can Brian Thomas is to say that mother who has a dead son who was killed five years ago, still today doesn't know who killed their son. It's not resolved for them. They absolutely support the police department. They want the detectives. They're trying to they're trying to coordinate with the detectives. But we need more resources for those officers, meaning that we need more officers that are on that team that are working on the cold cases. But those cards are it's an easy step. And that's why I try to talk about it because I don't know why Hamilton County refuses to put them in the jails when they were in the jails. It doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, as far as I'm my understanding goes, you're allowed to have playing cards in the jail, so why not have playing cards that might help people help the police solve cold cases. That's I'm baffled by that one.
Speaker 10: I'm about that, And Brian, think about this for for your listening audience, that somebody looks at that and they go, Wow, if I give you information, maybe you'll give me six months off my time exactly, meaning whatever is whatever negotiated, Meaning the criminal in the jail isn't going to do it for free. But the family that's on the outside who's trying to find the shooter really appreciates that information and the other thing that it does. It helps these mothers, like we heard yesterday, like Felicia, think that and know that somebody out there still working that their child is still alive, meaning in the sense that somebody's trying to resolve who killed them. Yeah, and so in her case, it sounded like she had that information, but in so many other cases they do not have it. Well, so many people out there that have shot people and they're still walking around and Brian, you and I know that if they shoot one person, they might have shot five people and killed them. So if you can get them off the street, you're the people that are doing the shooting are doing multiple killings in our community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seems to be the case. And you know, I was thinking about what VvE was proposing, and I was looking at this long public safety committee meeting that they're having today, and since a city council talking about two million dollars to recruit more police officers, beefing up security measures in the Cincinnati Central Business District, I guess, to the exclusion of the other neighborhoods in the city, walking and fight patrols, better lighting security cameras, that's Jeff camera Ring's motion. And uh, I just I guess that's all that is. Okay, it's all well and good, but it doesn't seem like it's going to be quite enough. And we go to sentencing, and that's the other thing Vivek was calling for, you know, tougher sentencing, and in the case of Felicia it sounds me like justice was not served with the people who murdered her sons. I mean it was to hear hear what actually happened to people that were involved with it.
Speaker 10: It was heartbreaking, heart breaking totally. And we know that one of those legs of the system of judges that are not giving the time, I mean the time is not fitting the crime. And I can I can just say that in Hamilton County and the shooters are getting getting right back at Yeah, okay, I want to say, you know, there there were some protesters out here at Jim and Jack. I don't know, Brian what they were protesting. I didn't I didn't understand it. Uh, there were there. There weren't a lot of them out here. Some of them were talking about Trump. But when you when you when you come inside and you hear the stories that are being told here and we're all in here trying to solve the problem. We wish they had come across the street, put their signs down and said let me come in and be a part of the solution, because we're in here talking about how did we stop violence? And the other piece was it felt like the people across the street at some level were okay, and I don't know if they understood that. Maybe some of them are listening. They were okay with the violence that happened in downtown, says say, so they should be very careful, meaning if that was their message, they really are not embracing humanity at all protesting what we're trying to do. I don't even understand why they were over there, but it was about maybe fifteen or twenty of them, but they were acting like there was going to be thousands of people that came here. Know, the thousand people that were here were here for the town hall for vervek Ramaswami and myself. They weren't outside the twelve, fifteen or twenty people were outside. It just wasn't a big deal.
Speaker 1: Now it wasn't. And the one person was quota by I think it was a local WCP. You just denied that there was a problem with violence. I mean that was her take on it just knows the city's safe. You know, I'm saved, My daughters are safe, and this is all blown out of proportion. So you know, we all know what opinions are, Like, everybody's got one. So that woman, that one woman's perception is Cincinnati's not does not have a problem with violence. So maybe in a state of denial, real quick here, Christopher.
Speaker 10: Sarah wouldn't agree with her nor with Felicia right now if they would not agree with what she's saying.
Speaker 1: Or holly, holly, yeah, real quick before we go. Oh and congratulations on managing to get a streetcar criticism in there. That was hilarious, Christopher. I was actually laughing, literally laughing out loud at home, like he went there, he went there, man, he went there. V V Ramasomi invited you to extend this sort of like a statewide tour. Is that does that? Like? Is that going to turn into something? Christopher? Because I got quite a few listeners asking if he has chosen his running mate yet.
Speaker 10: No, no, I don't think he. I don't think he shows his running mate. But I can tell you I was a shocked as you were when he put it, put it out there in the public right for everybody to hear. Can we do this in Cleveland? Can we do this in Toledo? And you heard me say in Columbus, I said, of course, any way that I can be supportive, you know, of trying to move the needle in this area. Because I'm as passionate about it as you are. I'm certainly going to be involved and be a part of the solution. I don't think that has anything to do with his running mate, but I can tell you that it's nice that people fought in Cincinnati. And I say this in the most humble way because there's been so many, so much craziness.
Speaker 7: I wanted to.
Speaker 10: Present Cincinnati in a positive light, was my objective, right and so that as people are out there thinking, we're not all out there talking about people who are getting beat in.
Speaker 7: The middle of the street.
Speaker 10: We're begging for it, you know. And I have to thank publicly Jim and Jacks their staff. They did a beautiful job. It's a hard job, you know, the waiters, the waitresses, the staff, the security that came, the police officers, the all duty police officers that kept us all safe. I want to thank everybody for it for an uneventful night as it relates to safety, and that it was a productive town hall meeting. And I want to thank you publicly, Brian Thomas for talking about it, for promoting it. It made a very big difference. And I'll end with this, so many people love you. I'm going to tell you, Brian Thomas, you are a rock star. So people are walking up to me. Oh, They're like, I'm telling you truth. But oh, man, I love the Brian Thomas Shaw. I listened to it every morning, you know, I like when you come on. But we love Brian Thomas. Buddy. You have a lot of people that were here. I was just hoping you'd walk through the door so I could just stand next to you and take a picture and get some of the royalties. But there was a lot of people here who listen to your show and appreciate what you provide for the city of Cincinnati. So thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Well I'm sorry, miss I did watch sit at home, but we had friends visiting from Chicago didn't leave still close to dinner time, so I wasn't able to manage that. But God bless you, Christopher, and thank you to everybody.
Speaker 10: I'm pleasure. Thank you so much. I'll see you next Monday.
Speaker 1: I look forward to it, man, definitely look forward to it. Appreciate that so much.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 1: Suzette Low's camp, I'm gonna recommend strongly your summer pocket Knife of Information. It's the only way to stay informed. Fifty five RC the talk station, Hey O five the fifty five kr CD talk station. Happy Tuesday always made extra special in this hour because we start the hour with the inside scoup from bright Bart News b R E I T b A RT dot com book market. You're glad you did great stuff there, outstanding reporting and a lot of the stuff you're never going to stay on the legacy media or mainstream media. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Debuty news Director Bradley J. From Breitbart. Always a pleasure to having you on the show. It's always great to be with you. And moving away from the chaos going on in the city of Cincinnati for a few mimutes. There are all other things going on in the world, Bradley Jay. You know that. Let's talk about Texas. Texas Democrats, rather than well dealing with the vote on redistricting, packed their bags and moved out. They thus depriving the Republicans of a quorum to get this thing through. It seems inevitable, Bradley. They're gonna have to, regardless of the legal status, whether they can be removed from their office or whether they can be arrested for vacating the premises and not doing the damn job that they're paid to do. They're going to have to come back at some point, and some point they're going to have a quorum, and that's when this measure is going to pass. I mean, isn't that a foregone conclusion, Bradley.
Speaker 19: It certainly seems like it. If not, then these sucks might end up in the slammer. Sounds like Texas Republicans, or at least a governor Abbott and Attorney General Paxson are playing hardballs as they should. Look the these Sux are talking about these Texas Democrats, Oh, we're fighting to save democracy, then going on a taxpayer funded vacation to Illinois.
Speaker 1: It's absurd there acting.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is Texas.
Speaker 19: They're acting like they're storming the Alamo, like you're going to the Continental Breakfast at to.
Speaker 1: The Chicago Hyatt.
Speaker 19: Give me a break, Do you even know anything about Texas? I don't even think that Texas voters are going to approve of this. And the fact that Paxton and Abbot are really turning the screws on them, I think is a very good thing. Because the maps are far conder to Democrats than the maps in California.
Speaker 1: Say, are are to Republicans.
Speaker 19: Much less of state like Massachusetts or Connecticut. Texas needs to correct the problems that they have with their maps, and you're right, it seems like they're going to be.
Speaker 1: Able to push this through.
Speaker 19: It's not some of these Democrats might find themselves in jail.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's a bit of hippocers. See they do it themselves. I mean, Illinois, New York, They've all done very, very very biased pro Democrat redistricting. I think the biggest problem they had with this it seems to me to be from what I've read that congressional maps are typically redrawn every ten years after the census comes out, and that they should be waiting until the next census comes out. And this is unprecedented that they would do this sort of out of cycle. It is unusual.
Speaker 19: But here's the thing. If Texas Republicans, frankly, if they would have done their job in redistricting a few years ago, we wouldn't be having this problem. Donald Trump correctly saw that there was an issue here and he's trying to rectify it. I used to work for a member of Congress from Texas. So I saw a lot of this as it was going on. And here's the problem. I talked about how the map is so kind to Texas Democrats. Texas Republicans were scared to death a few years ago when the Beto o' warick thing was going on. Everyone talked about how Texas was turning purple. And these incumbent Republicans who were not used to campaigning there are these establishment types. They saw that the Republican Party was changing. They didn't want to have to actually get out there and campaign, so they drew maps that were very generous to Democrats so that they could insulate their own little red districts. Well, you know what, this is the party of Donald Trump. Now you're going to actually have to move at his speed or you're going to get left behind.
Speaker 1: So I think that Trump.
Speaker 19: Is right to push these folks out and say, you know what, we've got to correct these maps. We can't just in state after state after state, cut these districts to just give away the farm to Democrats or else we're never going to have any congressional majorities.
Speaker 1: And even if we do have slim.
Speaker 19: Majorities and the White House, we want to be able to get something done. So their move been on this, and I think that it's a good development and a sign that you know what, Republicans, we got to start playing the game as aggressively as Democrats do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the tit for tad thing is kind of ridiculous too. Gavin Newsom and Governor Hokeel both said, well, if they go through this, we're going to do it here as well. In other words, try to rejigger their the redistricting in order to secure more democratic seats and those already left leaning states. It just all seems so childish. Bradley, Well, it does.
Speaker 19: But politics is a field in which you can go very far if you suffer from just an utter lack of shame. And Gavin Newsom certainly fits the bill there. And he's talking about spit spending two hundred and fifty million dollars on a special election just to have the right to redraw those maps.
Speaker 1: And the current the current breakdown of.
Speaker 19: Congressional seats in California is forty two Crats.
Speaker 1: To nine Republicans.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and that's like the high water mark for Republicans, the way that the map is so jerry mandered right now, for Democrats is so hypocritical. You hit on that earlier, and you're exactly right. No one jerry manders like Democrats do. And this is being exposed. If you look at the Illinois map, state where all these Texas Democrats flee to it.
Speaker 1: Just look at the map.
Speaker 19: There are all these blue fingers and tentacles throughout the state.
Speaker 5: It's so clear Democrats.
Speaker 19: Made such a bad pr move flee into that state. And even on CNN, Alzi so starting to come around and criticize Democrats for this stand that they're taking.
Speaker 1: It's not a principled stand. It does not seem to be so all right pivoting over. I thought, well, this is in true Trump form. He told Chucky Schumer to go to hell the other day. Brad.
Speaker 19: It's about time, right, Yeah. Yet, so what Schumor is trying to do is essentially hold the work of the Senate hostage. Democrats have not allowed any of Trump's nominations to go forward.
Speaker 1: They're making the Senate.
Speaker 19: Bleed so much unnecessary time off the calendar, so that all they're doing is just turning through all these procedural steps to advance Trump's nominations. And humor, you can call it horse trading, you can call it extortion.
Speaker 1: It's probably more of the latter.
Speaker 19: Tumor is saying, you know what, will less you get through these nominations a little more expediently if you will give us a few billion dollars here for some Obamacare federal subsidies, or if you'll make some promises on the appropriations bills that are coming up. Trump is telling the Majority leader soon, you know what nonsense, We're going to play hardball. And it reminds me of something that russ vote, the O and B director said two weeks ago. He said, look, no admitted the polls in November because they wanted a more bipartisan appropriations process. Okay, we need to actually move in the Congress to advance the Trump agenda that voters sent folks to Washington to accomplish. So I think that Trump is right here again. Are you noticing a theme here? Yes, a distinct thing from Trump administration. All right, so he stands his ground.
Speaker 1: Isn't this a cant of parallel be drawn between this and the nonsense going on in Texas? I mean, Schumer can screw around with the rules and delay, delayed, delay, all he wants, but ultimately they're going to have to be put to a vote. So again, aren't we looking at a foregone conclusion even if delayed?
Speaker 19: Bradley, You're exactly right. And the split screen here is remarkable. On one side, you have Republicans who are actually trying to get things done, to move the ball four, to push an agenda. What do you have On the other side, you have a bunch of grand standing. You have a bunch of Democrats who don't have a leader, don't have a message, don't have an agenda.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 19: They are trying to desperately appear authentic by cursing left and right. I don't know if you've noticed, oh yeah, on their social media channels on TVs. Democrats think that that makes them look tough. But yet it's just setting themselves up for failure because ultimately, as you were saying, they're just they're they're going to lose these battles anyway.
Speaker 5: So it's just short sightedness on the parts.
Speaker 1: Part of Democrats. Uh.
Speaker 19: And it's it's giving Republicans an advantage going into the midterms if we can actually be bold and aggressive enough to take advantage of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bradley, you know, I'm glad you brought up that whole cursing thing, because that that's a fairly recent phenomenal. I mean, pe've been cursing forever, but the the elected officials, you know, people that you hold a position of at least a supposed respect and accountability, that they that they devolved into, you know, cursing like sailors and f bombs left and right. You have people talking heads and mainstream media doing it now. I mean, they're just screening into the wind, and I think it delegitimizes whatever message they're trying to get through. And maybe, just maybe, Bradley, they have no message and therefore have to default to this shocking language in order to get attention. I mean, I don't understand where it comes from other than my lighter conclusion.
Speaker 19: You're right, it does de legitimize their message.
Speaker 1: What message they have.
Speaker 19: I assume that they got some memo from up high, from some built way consultant. And look, I've worked in DC long enough to know that the reason that these Washington consultants are so bad at their job is because they don't respect the people that they're trying to reach. They don't think highly of the American people, they look down upon room and that's why they have trouble reaching them. And if this is the playbook that Democrats are using, I gotta tell you it's not going to end up working.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And another's dude observation, Bradley. They really do think very little of our our abilities generally speaking, you know, they think they need to direct our lives, tell us how to live our lives, tell us what we can and cannot have, and of course you know, and then scream at the Republicans for being fascist. I mean, definitionly speaking, they are the fascist. They're trying to tell us how to live our lives, how to run our business, and what we can and cannot have. So they just think we're a bunch of idiots, I believe. I mean, they're so paternalistic it's disgusting, most notably to people of color. That's so true.
Speaker 19: And you've seen these American Eagle Sydney Sweeney ads for sure. Who hasn't And they're saying that these that those ads are somehow fascist and demeaning to minorities. No, look, I don't think there's anyone with the brain who looks at that and thinks that that's somehow fascist if it is, and then throw me under the jail.
Speaker 1: I thought that that's all that the ads were fantastical.
Speaker 19: But you're so right. It's paternalistic, it's demeaning. Is anyone other than just an absolute radical partisan buying this nonsense?
Speaker 1: Once again? Democrats are getting out over their skis.
Speaker 19: And if Republicans can actually go on the offensive, they can take advantage of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that ad campaign would work if they had a very attractive and shapely black woman in those genes as well. Just noting that anyhow, that's.
Speaker 19: Right, and there are plenty of ads like that as well, and they go relatively under the radar without any outrage.
Speaker 1: All right, Bradley W News, Director of Bradley Jay. Let's end the discussion on Trump firing the labor stats at I mean, that's like, isn't that just shooting the messenger. It just seemed like, wait a second, you know, are they that bad? Did she cook the books? Or is this like everything else? The data trickles in slowly and then ultimately some quarter down the road, we finally have all the information and collected and then can provide some accurate employment information. I mean That's the way I understand the process works.
Speaker 19: What's your take, Bradley, As Trump pointed out this, under this person's leadership, the Bureau of Labor Statistics jobs numbers leading up to the election in twenty twenty four five like a million jobs, grossly overestimated how well the economy was doing. Voters out there obviously didn't fill those fake numbers.
Speaker 1: They knew what was going on. They didn't buy it.
Speaker 19: The same thing recently, Trump is saying that the job's numbers were.
Speaker 5: Way too high.
Speaker 1: He was right.
Speaker 5: He was saying that the rates needed being cut. He was right.
Speaker 19: Part of the reason that the said was justifying keeping the rates high was because the numbers were so high. Look, you can talk about the process and the formula and the books, but results matter for you. For me, if we're out there spitting a bunch of fake news, you know what, we're going to have to pay the consequences of it. If this was a true leader and they would actually be doing something to fix the system that they use instead of falling.
Speaker 5: Back on it.
Speaker 19: This person was appointed by Biden. Let's be charitable and say that they're not politically motivated. Well, they're not doing a good job. We need a leader to come in and say that, you know what, we need to shake up the system and find something that actually works. He gets these people who rely upon these numbers to steer our economy, let's get into the numbers that they need. Trump wants to put someone in there who can actually do that. And once again, look, Trump is thinking outside the box and not just oh, we need to maintain the status quo, the status quo that has failed the people time and again. He's exactly right and justified in firing this person and bringing in someone.
Speaker 5: Who can do a better job.
Speaker 1: Fair take, as always from Bradley Jay. He's a debut of news director at Breitbart again Breitbart dot com. Please bookmark it and check it out each and every day. You'd be glad you did. Bradley, appreciate you coming on the program and sharing your knowledge and information my listeners. I look forward to having you back on real soon. Have a wonderful week, and give the rest of the crew at bright Bart a hello from the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 19: Absolutely best wishes to everyone up in Ohio.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother, we'll talk again soon. It's a twenty right now at fifty five krs the talk station and coming up the Daniel Davis Deep Die. We'll get the latest on the situation Ukraine and of course Gaza, both which appear to be spiraling out of control. But first an opportunity to get rid of that pain. My arthritis pain suffers getting out of bed. You hit the ground and bag. I'm right away. Heck, maybe it even hurts in bed. I don't know. God bless me because I don't struggle with arthritis pain. But if I did, I would pause. Because my doctor talked about surgery with me, and I knew that there was another option out there that I could check into and find out. I would definitely look into it. And Jo nine says, partly thoughty, maybe a storm this afternoon eighty three for the high overnight little sixty seven, humid and clear, eighty four Tomorrow, mostly sunny, possible rain, overnight cloudy in sixty six Thursday, partly cloudy, a hotter going up to eighty eight seventy right now traffic.
Speaker 6: Time from the tramping Center.
Speaker 9: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant are from multicultural communities. Get the gift of bike become an organ donor or explore Living Donation and you see help dot Com, slash transplant, broken Down's clear West Spend two seventy five coming off of the Combs Hail Bridge. That tramping is still a slow go through Anderson Township, South Pound seventy five, break lights through, Lachlan North Pound seventy five, futterment to the bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station, Hey.
Speaker 1: Twenty nine to fifty five KRCD Talk Station and that time of the week we get to hear from retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis doing the Daniel Davis Deep Dive. You can find that podcast online and see what Daniel talks about throughout the week. Welcome back, my friend. It's always a real pleasure having on my program. Always look forward to this every week. I appreciate it. And let's start with Ukraine, because I know we can talk about Israel Goza too, and maybe we'll get to that. But I've seen a couple of articles, man, the situation in Ukraine is getting just outright desperate. A couple of fun facts. Average Ukrainian soldiers already forty or older. They have a pre war population of forty one million. It's now down to between twenty eight and thirty million. Six and a half million Ukrainians have fled the country. There are millions under Russian occupation rule, so they're not accessible. They put out a a A. Zelensky signed a law now allowing Ukrainians over the age of sixty to join the military and non combat roles to free up. I guess those non combat younger people to go to the front lines. They can't get anybody to sign up anymore. They're looking for signing bonuses. Only twelve percent of the new recruits had joined voluntarily last year. The rest were conscripted. They're doing protests in the street because viral videos are going around with these Ukrainian recruit guys just grabbing people off the streets and send them off the military service. This this situation sounds desperate, Daniel, I mean, am I missing something on this or have I got this right?
Speaker 2: The only thing you're missing is that there was an additional report that I saw yesterday where one of the members of the Ukrainian Parliament was complaining, saying, listen, we are suffering so many casualties and we are losing over one thousand people per day killed and wounded, and this is the big bombshells, he said, And over five hundred per day are abandoning the fight, going a wall, just leaving, just deserting their units.
Speaker 1: She goes.
Speaker 2: We cannot sustain this, She goes, we may literally be running out of people before the end of the year and have no army. I mean, she was really sounded the alarm. But then of course you'd never know that from listening to Zelenski because he keeps just talking like there's no problem here and we're just going to keep fighting and we're going to reject every opportunity for a diplomatic outcome.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there's a problem. Well, and he's playing the European Union to give money to them so they can afford to pay the soldiers more. I guess as a dangling Karen or something me pivot over the economic impact that this war has had on the country itself. Is anybody doing work, Is anybody you know performing labor that results in taxpayer dollars going into support the Ukrainian government for whatever it needs to do. I mean, with that many people gone and the country being war torn, I don't know how people are even living their lives at this point, Daniel Davis.
Speaker 2: Right, And a lot of that money doesn't just go for soldiers that they're requesting, right, It goes to it just to pay civil servants to keep the government functioning, because exactly what you said, they don't have the tax receipts to just fund the normal operations of their government. So you're talking millions upon millions of dollars every day just to keep the government running. So they can't do that unless they have a NonStop trough feeding in from Western Europe. Yet Western Europe is also struggling economically, so I just don't see how any of this is sustainable.
Speaker 1: Yet you have just Elenski.
Speaker 2: It's the Western leadership that just stays just myopically focused on ex putting some kind of a strategic defeat on Russia without the means to do so. And that's the irrational part. That's just causing the Ukraine country to just continue to be ground to dust.
Speaker 1: Which I suppose feeds into Russia's position on this matter. I mean, they don't have to move away from their position. We've I mean, we sound like a broken record at this juncture. Daniel Davis talking about this. Russia's position keeps getting stronger the more the day's roll on. That just means every day there's a thousand less Ukrainian soldiers on the front line, or maybe fifteen hundred. I don't know. But if this is a battle of attrition, Russia clearly has the ball in its court. Why would they even bother to negotiate? I mean, what's with this deadline? There's a ceasefire deadline on Friday. I mean, I don't even know what that means. Well, well, yeah, I mean what it means.
Speaker 2: And is even more puzzling because President Trump, I think it was yesterday or ready the day before, clarified. Yes, this deadline is firm. It is this Friday, the eighth of August, and probably there will be some sanctions put in. But then, interestingly, he adds, but it probably won't do any good. It probably won't make them change their mind. And then one has to wonder, Look, it's not just sanctions on Russia. It's secondary sanctions on China, India, Brazil and several anyone who does business with Russia in the the pedrocarbons area for oil and gas, and that look, we're already having huge trouble getting the normal deals yeah signed with specially with all three of those actually, and especially India. That's the biggest one, because China's already kind of antagonistic, but India's kind of is pliable to be our friend or our ada exactly.
Speaker 1: This is not gonna help us.
Speaker 2: So I just don't understand where we're going with this.
Speaker 1: Well that I mean suggest Trump's kind of back into a corner along those lines. He doesn't want to alienate India, and he is trying to get a better relationship with China in so far as trade deals are concerned. So this hald throw a giant monkey wrench into the whole process. I think you know the bluff has been called here. It appears well, it does appear that unfortunately. You say he's back into a corner, but he was the one that made the corner, because he's the one who added this or created this deadline. So I don't really understand why did that. Maybe he thought just the threat of it would cause Russia to do something. I don't know why he initially did it, but now he is himself acknowledging that it's unlikely, and I would say impossible, not even unlikely. There's no chance, zero chance that Russia would submit to what Trump wants, which would only benefit the Ukraine side. They'll never do that, and so the front line is going to continue to be chewing up Ukraine troops and Russia will not stop. They clearly will not. Well, let us assume, for the sake of discussion, you had a more rational, thoughtful, contemplative leader in Ukraine, someone who was willing to acknowledge how badly the situation is for them, someone who might be willing to acknowledge some concessions to the Russians in terms of some of the Russian dominated areas that they have already taken over, conceding a partial victory to Russia. That is a possibility to resolve the broader conflict before Ukraine gets completely rolled over, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That's one of the things that the Russian side themselves say that they are really frustrated about that deal that you said has been on the table offered from the Russian side since June of last year. Yeah, not this past June. They've been saying it over and over and they have never deviated from that, and they're still saying the same things it's a draconian issue, there's no question about it. It's an ugly deal for Ukraine, without question. But it's much better, or maybe a better way to say it, it's much less worse than the current situation where you're dying by the large, by the bucket loads every day. Just imagine how many people in Ukraine have been killed since June of last summer, and how many could have been saved if they had had the same deal and instead of the worst one that they're going to end up with. If Russia just physically mows all the way to Kiev, that's what that. The woman said that the parliamentarian. If nothing changed, just Russia could be at the gates of Kia by the end of this year.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well, any change, chance for an administration change there, a coup or something, I know, Marshal Owsman declared, which is the only reason Lenski is still currently president. I mean, you've got people protesting in the streets over you know, snatching young men off the streets and throwing them into the army against their will. If you have people fleeing the country in order to avoid that, it sounds to me like the population of Ukraine might choose a different direction in terms of leadership.
Speaker 2: So far, there there is an increasing number that's doing that, But so far the numbers of support for Zelensky are still quite especially in the western parts where they don't see the aspects of war. A lot of the people in the eastern part where all the fighting and dying and destroying is happening, which are large percentage of ethnic Russians, actually there's there are a lot worse Zelensky than the other people in the other part of the country. So in terms of the people uprising, there's there's doesn't appear to be any in iminent danger. But there are rumors that some of the other folks in Ukraine, so the Azol kind of the folks, other even possibly European people, are tired of dealing with him, and there's some suggestion that he consider stepping down, et cetera. But but so far those are all just reports, and you know, someone anonymous is reporting, so we don't know how valid those are. But Zelenski can't help but be pretty nervous these days.
Speaker 1: I imagine. So I'm sorry, we're at a time we can't get to Gaza and Israel. Something suggests to me that that topic will still be alive and well for our conversation next Tuesday. Daniel Davis Deep Dive. I find him online, follow his podcast and tune in every Tuesday at A thirty. Here the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Stay well, my friend, see you next week. Look forward to it. A thirty eight fifty five KRS. The talk station VvE A Ramaswami.
Speaker 4: Next, this is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 1: OH rapid fireweather partly patty, isolated, afternoon storm with later today eighty three. The high overnight low sixty seven. Humid tomorrow mostly sunny, slight chancering in the afternoon eighty four. The high in an overnight low is sixty six with clouds. It's seventy one. Right now is traffic time.
Speaker 6: From the UC up Tramphing Center.
Speaker 9: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on a new organ transplant are from multicultural communities. Get the Gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore let me donation at UC.
Speaker 6: Health dot com. Slash Transplant.
Speaker 9: Highway traffic continues slow on seventy five northbound. Add an extra five out of arrow lingering to downtown and slow's just a bit past the lateral southbound seventy five heavy US through walk Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station Hey.
Speaker 1: Forty fifty five per CD talk station Happy Today Extra special the return of the next Governor of the State of Ohio, v. Vake Ramaswamy, who was at the town hall last night along with Christopher Smithman, who was on the program earlier talking about that. Welcome back, Vvake, It is a pleasure to have you on the program, and thank you so much much for attending that town hall last night. I'm sure you were actually quite enlightened. Although you did a fantastic job with your ideas and suggestions. You're just so impressive with your ability to deal with questions on the fly. But what was your reaction to the event overall? And welcome back to the morning show.
Speaker 5: It's great to be on my lot.
Speaker 20: It is that people are hungry to be heard because this issue of crime in Cincinnati isn't just a one off episode that came from a week and a half ago.
Speaker 5: What's clear to me is you hear the stories of people who came last night. This is an issue that needs.
Speaker 20: To be addressed systemically, holistically, and so giving people a chance to at least share their right.
Speaker 5: We heard from whose story is now well known.
Speaker 20: Her husband was killed in cold blood in her home by a man who had managed to manipulate his own ankle bracelet.
Speaker 5: Another mother who spoke last night, who had lost two sons. Yes, this is staggering.
Speaker 20: Two gun violence in Cincinnati one but two sons killed in our city, Cincinnaty.
Speaker 1: It was eye opening.
Speaker 20: And so I think the fact that we were able to have open dialogue and some contrary views too that you heard last night, yes, at least allowed us to air that frustration rather than sweeping it under the rug. And that is how I hope to lead this state. Is not through agreeing on everything with everyone. That's impossible, but at least having an open, respectful dialogue that brings people and to harness as practical solutions in this case to address the is true islan crime.
Speaker 5: And that's exactly what we're going to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I guess you had some really terrific ideas. I guess the frustrating part for me, and I can only characterize it as frustrating. That was my kind of my reaction you identified the problems we can address law enforcement resources, allocation of law enforcement, increasing numbers of police department, that kind of direct you know, on the street sort of chains that could be brought about rather quickly. But the broader, longer term problem and maybe the root of the violence is a systemic problem. And you focused a lot about bringing back accountability back to the family and how important the family unit is, and it used to be a societally stabilizing factor, but you know, the the nuclear family disappeared shortly after the Johnson administrations welfare policies. I mean, we talked about that a lot last night too.
Speaker 20: That's right, and I'm glad we got to those deeper issues last night. So, first of all, the fact that there are deeper issues shouldn't stop.
Speaker 5: Us from addressing some of the more superficial.
Speaker 20: Ways We can still get empowering cops to be able to do their job, common sense, making sure that we're not releasing repeat fount offenders on a minimal bond easily fixable, bringing back mental health institutions to make sure that psychiatrically ill people aren't just roaming the streets and aren't.
Speaker 5: Just filling up the jails.
Speaker 20: These are common sense things that we're going to be able to take care of. But those aren't the root causes, of course, and so the root cause a nuclear family caused the breakdown of the nuclear family.
Speaker 1: I said this last night.
Speaker 20: I don't blame black people, I don't blame white people.
Speaker 1: I blame the.
Speaker 5: Government because it is our federal government.
Speaker 20: Starting with Lyndon Johnson's misnamed Great Society Project that we started creating financial incentives for the breakdown of that nuclear family.
Speaker 5: Created a new culture of dependence in the United States of America, and it's created a.
Speaker 18: New kind of new kind of emancipation proclamation that we need today and emancipation from those failed government incentives that have set back the very people who were supposedly supposed to be helped.
Speaker 5: By those policies.
Speaker 20: And you know that's going to require some changes and athids across the country.
Speaker 5: A lot of those are caused five federal law.
Speaker 20: But I'll tell you tile, I want us to be a state that sets an example for the rest of the country to say that, you know what, We're going to create a generation of young people who were so well educated through an education system that's no.
Speaker 1: Longer behind China.
Speaker 20: But ahead, it's economic opportunity, through economic activity, come into the state to create good paying jobs that you don't need to dependent on that federal welfare state because frankly, it's be't good for individuals and it isn't sustainable.
Speaker 1: For our next anyway.
Speaker 5: I want us to be a state that's.
Speaker 1: Planning ahead for that future.
Speaker 20: And if we're fixing that education system, we're fixing those root causes. Combine that with common sense reforms in our judicial system and law enforcement, that's going to also create a prosperous Cincinnati and prosperous cities across our state.
Speaker 5: And I think we have an opportunity to do. I mean, this is why and this Brian.
Speaker 20: Is these are fixable issues. They want a state to put a man on the mood. That's a scientific problem that we solved.
Speaker 1: This is easy.
Speaker 20: By comparison, these are man made problems that have man made solutions. We're not missing knowledge of how to do it. What we're arguably missing is courage. And that's what I'm bringing to the table, starting from the top and setting that tone statewide. And I'm hoping that's gonna as we saw last night, bring all kinds of people together of different kinds of backgrounds, and political persuasion around those common sense ideals that I do believe unite most people in this state.
Speaker 1: Well, you did mention the judicial system, and that's one of the more frustrating elements of all this. If we had a mayor that was pro police and was outspoken and support of police and communities working with police, that would be great. If we had a police chief that was measurably competent and good at allocating police resources and had sufficient police numbers a contingent of police officers there to help and serve the community, that would be great. That problem can be fixed. But until you get to the judicial system, assuming the prosecutor's office is willing to prosecute people to the fullest extent of the law. The failure in our area, this county particularly is with the judges who don't seem to be interested in enforcing the criminal law.
Speaker 20: Well, look, I think we got some very practical ideas that we've even surfaced over the course of yesterday.
Speaker 1: And as you know, I'm born and raised in Cincinnati.
Speaker 20: Since day's my hometown, I feel that special sentence of connection and also obligation to make sure that if our hometownd is in making national example, it's in a positive light, not a negative.
Speaker 1: Light like the last days.
Speaker 5: And so that's part of what I came back.
Speaker 20: And even during the visit, the town hall was obviously publicly visible.
Speaker 5: If you just see how many people came out even you're talking, we had thirteen hundred plus.
Speaker 20: RSVPs and the room was overflow space. Shows that people are hungry to be heard. But at the same time, you also you know, you also have to listen to the people who disagree with you and may have different perspectives as well. So over the course of the day, I met with the mayor of Cincinnati, I met with the police chief, I met.
Speaker 5: With law enforcement officers.
Speaker 20: Some of those police officers that the level of the individual officers had great ideas that I learned a lot from. I met with business leaders in and then we went to the town hall. One of the practical ideas that came out of several of those meetings and also at the town hall is greater accountability through transparency for the judges and the decisions that they actually make. And so that's something that came out of the discussion we had yesterday was the judges need to at least be publicly visible and held to a standard of public transparency in the decisions they're actually making. And you my son missed me last night, so he's five years old and just walked into the room, so you'll probably here.
Speaker 1: That's all right, enjoy it while it lasts.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: That transparency component goes a long way to educating the public to help us make better, more informed decisions, because unless you're involved in the criminal justice system, most people don't have any ounce or wit of information about any judicial candidate. They don't run in the party system. They can't obviously render advisory opinions and tell you how they're going to ruin any given circumstance, so that's out of the out of the equation. They don't do debates, so we're largely in the dark about where they stand on any given topic and whether they're hard or soft on crime that is reflected in their record, which is what we need to see see.
Speaker 5: I think that's exactly it, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could have a debate go on.
Speaker 20: Is ruing on sort of the same types of issues that a government candidate would be or a US presidential candidate or even a congressional candidate. That's fair fine, but at least making sure that the record is transparent to the public. That information that belongs to the public. It doesn't belongs to some sort of bureaucrat. It belongs to the public that we, the voting public, deserve to know because you can't hold them accountable at the ballot box without that basic knowledge of what.
Speaker 5: That record is. So I'm just Protestsparency.
Speaker 20: I mean, we the people create a government that's accountable to us the other way around.
Speaker 5: And the idea then left.
Speaker 20: The judge is going to make decisions on bond, on sentencing without the public having credible, clear, preparent access to that information is money, I think. And that was anyway a productive construct dissolution. We don't care what target in Democrat or Republican. That kind of transparency is something we all ought.
Speaker 5: To be able to agree on.
Speaker 20: And that kind of common sense reform and common sense sort of just basic policy making that I want to breed this state that doesn't take knowledge. I mean, this isn't rocket science right now, not complicated, it's kerch Ryan And that's what I'm hoping to bring to the leadership of this stick well.
Speaker 1: On behalf of all the residence city of Cincinnati. Thank you so much for taking the time to listen to the voices and hear the suggestions and understand the problems. Hopefully we will find solutions and solve the broader crime problem but also broader issues in the state. V. V Ramaswami will be our next governor. Find him online learn more about who he is. Brilliant obviously demonstrably so. And you've got such great vision. And let me compliment before we part company. Viveke, you are so inspirational. No one can leave a meeting where we hear you speak and feel like we're going in a bad direction. You're a cheerleader for the state of Ohio and its future, and I find that refreshing in a candidate, since we always seem to, you know, go to the lowest common denominator when we're dealing with politicians.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Bruh.
Speaker 20: It means a lot and includes my hometown of Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: And everything our run.
Speaker 1: So thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Will be to pen more.
Speaker 1: Always got a form here in the morning show. VvE Ramaswami eight fifty right now folks fifty five K see the talk station fifty five The talk station