Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Come on man, good for it, dude.
Speaker 3: It's Fridayday, Matchday Friday here on s D H A M. John here, you there, thanks for dropping by, as you always do. It is your standard packed match week preview Friday kind of a thing. So obviously our number two we can whip around patent pending trademark coming sooner hopefully rather than later. We'll go through all the matches, get you ready, and obviously we'll get you ready for Atlanta United and Charlotte FC. That is the big one, and that is batting lead off tomorrow. And as always, as always, morning BAM or late evening bam. As always, once again, when you see a start time posted at MLS Soccer dot com, ad ten minutes because the network has to get through their pregame shows and things, the official term things. So right now you look on MLS Soccer dot com, it's a two fifteen start add ten minutes two twenty five. It's going to be on Apple, it's going to be on Apple TV Plus, it's going to be on Big Fox.
Speaker 4: It's going to be on Big Fox.
Speaker 3: Support this and so when you have something that goes across all of those different networks and all that different strata, add ten minutes because Big Fox wants to have their big super hypermega pregame show. So two twenty five big in extra ten minutes for those of you who are traveling up I eighty five, so you got it right this time up eighty five to go to Charlotte and catch at Land United and Charlotte FC, and I would anticipate that there are a lot of you that are going so as we get into everything today, we got a lot of stuff in our number one involving Premier League teams and the courts and finances and wishes and dreams about expanding site and TV contracts and all that kind of stuff. Hopefully we can catch up with our friends at Beyond Goals mettering that would be at nine thirty, and then once again hour number two we can whip around when we go through all the matches and all of the things to get you ready for the weekend across the board, and a big one obviously with Atlanta United on the road taking on Charlotte, and anticipating as always a Jason dropping by at ten thirty to give his thoughts on not just us, not what he anticipates with Atlanta and Charlotte, but he got to go to the US Soccer All Hands on Deck meeting downtown, So I wanted to get his thoughts on that. Wanted to get his thoughts on what we saw where Major League Soccer has released all of the roster identifications, who's two and four, who's three and three, who's got one less dep, who's got one more U twenty two, who's a TAM, who's normal, who's got contract links? And all those kinds of things. I wanted to get his thoughts on that and see what is missing when it comes to Major League Soccer and information that would mean an informed, electric and fan base. So we'll get into that hopefully around ten thirty and Jason will join us then and we will plow through anything and everything going on involving Atlanta, United, Charlotte, Major League Soccer choice to all the above. So very very busy show across the board and there you go, all right, quick, morning Hi Alex, Morning Bam, And I mean well, and like I said, morning Bams. So for Bam, it's like middle of the night, middle of the blanking night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't Ricky.
Speaker 3: If I don't, Ricky's looking at the clock when for those of you that may watch on Twitch, there is a clock that continues that lets you know how long a program has been running. And if for some reason, I don't go away on my laptop over here, the clock continues and literally it's been like twenty three, twenty four hours, so on and so forth, those kinds of things. So that's I guess where the clock the clock stream identifier has this going for like ninety thousand minutes and four hundred and twenty eight days in a row.
Speaker 4: So so yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Bam is sixteen hours ahead of us in Australia, and so he's catching up with us that way. Where this close to the beginning of the AFL season in twenty twenty five. So we got that abbey with the public service announcement for everybody going going to Charlotte tonight Noda Brewing makes it till like a minute work song from seven to ten. And I think that Jason and Maddie are going to be at Nodah and they're gonna be hanging out with all you folks from once again seven to ten tonight you're going to a nota brewing up in Charlotte. So big gathering for those that are going up the night before, hanging out in hotels and gonna go see everybody on the early afternoon, so not to brewing tonight seven to ten. I think, like I said, I think Jason and Maddy are going to be there for that, Traffic permitting obviously, but we'll see what's going on involving that. Now, a couple of other quick things before we get into all the promotional stuff once again, we're gonna talk about the Premier League. We're gonna talk about Fa Cup. We got juice boxes there, all the stuff from the morning. Last night, Vancouver took care of Saprisa, so we now know what the Conka CAF Round of sixteen is.
Speaker 4: It is complete.
Speaker 3: It is completely complete, and we have brackets and start days and things like that. We don't have juice boxes yet, but Brian White got a brace last night for those of you that stayed up and watched starting at ten o'clock, and so that means that Vancouver advances into the Round of sixteen from March four through thirteen. Preceded Columbus Crew looking at the bracket, so it's crew taking on LAFC that one's going to be spicy March fourth, that's when that one starts in the round of sixteen upper left. It is Cavalier and it is Messian friends. That one starts on March the sixth, and in that matchup traditionally, Cavalier plays in a building I think that has a five thousand seat attendance capacity. They've already sold out the National Stadium at thirty five thousand, So very very cool for that particular leg. Cavalier and Messi and friends, Columbus crew in lafcer left, they are in their own that that's that space upper left in your in your concor CAF bracket month today is going to take on Vancouver white Caps that starts on March the fifth. Once again, with Vancouver's win last night to nil, they advance Aliwa Lenzay Goes preceeded and I mean pr E dash s e E d e D, not p r e c E d e D. But they have they were pre seeded, meaning they had a seating number before you know, a lot of other folks they were they were in the barn before other folks. So Alowa, Lensey and Pumas that is low left as well. So Montday Vancouver, Alowa, Lenzay, Pumas low left starting May March fifth, Montday and Vancouver March fourth. Alowa, Lensay and Pumas. That's the left hand side of the bracket here in the round of sixteen for the concor CAF Hemispheric Extravaganza upper right, Clubamerica and Chievas, that one starts on March the fifth, and then you also have Krusas Soool and Seattle Sounders. So Seattle Advances they get past Antigua and they get CRUs Assoul and a friend of those of us in the Southeastern United States. So that will be an interesting one with a lot of subplot attached, at least for Major League Soccer so Club America, Chievas, cruis Asoul, Seattle Sounders, both of those start on March five. That's in the upper right bracket. Then low right it is Tigris FC Cincinnati that starts on March the fourth, and that's interesting. You wonder if the firepower will be there for the both for both legs. Traditionally in some rounds they will make sure that geniac does not make it to an away leg and is ready and safe and healthy and sound for the home leg Tigress and FC Cincinnati that starts March the fourth. Lag and Herediano. We mentioned yesterday Herediano's late night and win against RSL. That might have some knock on effects in our number two with the weekend whip around when we talk about RSL and what they're going to be having to face on the weekend. So Herediano and lag and that one is March fifth, Tigris and FC Cincinnati that is March the fourth. So that is the Round of sixteen in the Conca cab Hemispheric Extravaganza.
Speaker 4: And that's what it looks like.
Speaker 3: So it's going to be fun starting on once again March four and five, and it's going to go for nine blanc in days, nine blanc in days in the round of sixteen.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 3: So once again, early morning to Bam and Alex and Ricky and Abby and David. Good morning as well, and big promo. Thank you very much. Yes, David s the lovely host. Hey, look, I don't know if you've been talking to the boss, but she would agree with you on your assessment. So there you go once again, morning, Abby and Ricky. You guys are talking the Hawks. I'm like Okay, that's that's what the twitch pitch is for. I am an uninformed NBA watcher, So look y'all rock and rolling on that. I will keep an eye and I will watch from afar. Okay, all right, Wow, BAM is actually coming to the States.
Speaker 4: Check this out.
Speaker 3: March twenty second, landing in LA for three weeks LA Phoenix in Vegas. So if anyone is in the Western Frontier, and I mean on the other side of the Mississippi River Pacific time zone and you want to say hi to BAM, please do so late March early April.
Speaker 4: Very very cool.
Speaker 5: At LAFC.
Speaker 3: He's got three away games, nicely done. So BAM's coming to the States. Very cool. All right, let's get through all of the promotional stuff and get you ready for the day.
Speaker 4: It is once again that time. Go through all the stuff.
Speaker 3: You kick off your day with Kickoff Coffee and kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. I know I need to get the QR code and figure out how to do it and not screw up the rest of the system. But you start your day with Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com, then what you can do is, you know they use the code Soccer down here fifteen when you check out, and then that way you get fifteen percent off your purchase. And now our friends at Kickoff Coffee take ten percent reinvest it in youth games, youth initiatives. That's our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. You see what I'm wearing today, Like I said, I know I need more soccer sweatshirts for like cold weather stuff. And I know that this time of year it's gonna be like cold in the morning and then like warmer in the afternoon, so I kind of have to dress twice. And this you can pick up from our friends at Grady Baby and Gradybaby CoA. You see the branding right here. You've got the network branding here, You've got the gradybabyrand branding right here. Soccer is just better in Atlanta. You can get it in the red, you can get it in the black. It has the gold lettering all the way through it. And when you go to Gradybaby and Grady Baby co what you are doing when you pick up this material is you are helping out middle school soccer programs attached to the Atlanta Public school system. So very very cool relationship that we have formed with our friends at Grady Baby and Grady Baby Co.
Speaker 4: You can pick up this gear.
Speaker 3: You can go to Olivi and York and help out our Soccer for Good for twenty twenty five getting the.
Speaker 4: First ever.
Speaker 3: SDH jersey thanks to our friends at Kaiser Permanente and thanks to our friends at Beyond Goals Menering and thanks to Soccer for Good. You can go to Olivi and York get our navy jersey. You can get it personalized in white letters and numerals or in Carolina blue for lack of a better phrase, sky blue, Carolina blue.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 3: You can get personalized either in white letters of numerals or the sky blue Carolina blue letters and numerals. That way, once again you help out our projects for Soccer for Good in twenty twenty five, so very very cool stuff there. You can go to the Marshall Islands store and help them out. Like I said, you can get all the things that you want at the Marshall Island Store to help out the last nation here on this planet with a national soccer program. Go to their store, get their gear and it's really cool stuff what they've done with player layer and so on. But you order the scarf. If you order the scarf, that comes from me. Everything else ships from England. The scarf you get because you'll notice if you go to the Marshall Island store there is a very famous individual who is modeling the scarf that we did in collaboration with the Marshall Island Soccer Federation. You get the scarf from me. It's on the other side of this door. I've got about a dozen left before I re order another batch. So if you help out the Marshall Islands, you get the scarf from me. You get the rest of the stuff from Matt Webin, Lloyd Hours and everybody over in England, the Soccer Federation, everything else but the scarf comes from England. Scarf comes from me. You can help out the Marshall Island Soccer Federation once again Soccer for good. Here in twenty twenty five. The technical director of Lloyd Hours, if you follow him on social he's on the islands now and they are having intro island footste all competitions and so that's another stage of the development of it where the island, the heavily populated islands have their own futsal competitions and then they play the Islands amongst themselves, and so it's another stage in the growth process there with the Marshall Islands, so very very cool stuff. They're involving our friends at the Marshall Island Soccer Federation, the last nation on this or any other planet to try and have a national soccer program. So Marshall Islands, you can help out. Soccer for Good, kick Off Coffee, you can help out once again with the causes that they have earmarked for Soccer for Good. You can do Olive and York get our Jersey Soccer for Good, Gratty Baby, Grady Baby co Soccer for Good.
Speaker 4: All of these.
Speaker 3: Different things that we have are trying to help out the beautiful game. And you get to do that as well when you get to invest and invest in the ways that you do. And Abby is definitely true. Abby is definitely accurate in this case. You can get both shirts if you can't make up your mind with Olivi and York, with Gratty Baby, with Marshall Islands, with everybody, you can get them all, get them all wired up. You can all have them in your in your closets. And you know, you know, maybe you buy one, you share one, but now we have the red. Just to give you an example for the sweatshirt, we have the red and the black. Here the boss commandeered the black one and so she she wears that one around all over the place, and so I wear the red one on the air and uh.
Speaker 4: You know, so that's kind of where we are.
Speaker 3: So it's all soccer for good, gratty baby Olivi and York, our friends at Kickoff Coffee and the Marshall Islands and everyplace else that I've forgotten.
Speaker 4: So everything that we do.
Speaker 3: Once again, thanks to all of you for your efforts in helping expand and.
Speaker 4: Grow the beautiful game. And so there you go.
Speaker 3: There's your morning promos and that is uh once again morning opening kickoff right was buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee, Kickoff coffeeco dot com.
Speaker 4: And I'll get the QR I've figured out at some point I know.
Speaker 3: And I know Pars Pars is really trying to have me cite my sources any other planet, yes, any I don't know if IO and Europa FC can compete even with the Marshall Islands right now, you know, look, yeah, I'm trying to think of, you know, any other any other orbiting any one of the twenty that's orbiting Saturn right now. I don't think they can compete, No, so I would cite sources. But you know, maybe NASA, and I mean the the Aeronautic and Space National Aeronautic in Space Administration, maybe they would know I'm thinking. But yeah, any other planet, I'll say it right now, any other planet this or any other planet. I think I think I can be brave enough and make that assessment.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 3: So thanks for hanging out with us once again this morning. We got a lot of stuff to get into across the board when it comes to news and stuff. It looks like Greg Gars is going to be joining us this morning, and so we'll catch up with Greg a little after nine thirty. But there are a couple of things I wanted to get into involving Premier League teams before Greg joins us in about ten minutes or so. So I don't know if you saw this, but Javier Tabos is kind of mad and he's got, you got a lot of stuff on his mind, and a lot of it involves Manchester City. So the man in charge of La Liga has decided that Manchester City is guilty or is running an in Ron style financial deception. And for those that may not know what Enron is Ron, and this is going back at least two decades, it was an accounting scandal that happened about twenty five years ago.
Speaker 4: They used meaning Enron.
Speaker 3: Big was a big energy, big energy corporation in the state of Texas, started back in the nineteen twenties and then late nineteen nineties two thousand's they ran a foul of the law. They're accounting practices. They used deceptive and fraudulent tactics and accounting practices to cover fraud in reporting their financial information. And it was the largest, the then largest Chapter eleven bankruptcy in history in two thousand and one. WorldCom made it bigger in two thousand and two, and then Lehman Brothers been in two thousand and eight. But because of the irregular accounting procedures that Enron had on their books, it resulted in eleven billion dollars in shareholder losses. The stock for Enron went from ninety dollars to share basically to pennies on the dollar, and they filed for bankruptcy. It eventually caused the dissolving of Arthur Anderson as an accounting firm. They were one of the Big five at the time. Obstruction of justice in two thousand and two for destroying documents related to the audit, and then Arthur Anderson was forced to stop auditing public companies. Conviction was dismissed in oh fied by the Supreme Court, and Arthur Anderson basically was a shell of itself going forward. So what did they do special Let's see, so accounting practice is covering fraud.
Speaker 4: Special purpose entities.
Speaker 3: And I know that this is probably getting into accounting down here created to mask significant liabilities from the financial statements, and those entities made Enron seem more profitable than it was, so where each quarter corporate officers would have to do more and more deception to create the illusion of billions of dollars of profit on the books when the company was actually losing money. Increased stock to that ninety dollars level that we were talking about, and then execs began to work on insider information, trading millions of dollars worth of Enron stock that would eventually become worthless. They knew about the offshore accounts hiding losses for the company investors did not. The chief financial officer at the time directed the team that created off books companies and manipulated the deals to provide the CFO himself, his family, and his friends with one hundreds of millions of dollars in guaranteed revenue at the expense of the corporation that he worked for.
Speaker 4: Once again, this is courtesy of our friends at the Wikipedias.
Speaker 3: So you had all of this going on, and so Enron too big to fail, of all those kinds of things. So what Javier Tabos has said in pulling and quoting Enron, David, we're talking Manchester City and Hobvier Tabos is what we're talking about. So Hober Tabos has accused Manchester City of an n Run style financial deception, and that's the quotes. This is courtesy of our friends at the Independent. Tabas said, La Liga file a complaint against city to the European Commission in the summer of twenty three, which he says, the Commission's investigating City obviously haven't commented on the allegations club sources or aware of them, and obviously they refute those things. Tabos claimed City used related companies in the UAE to hide losses and improve the club's own balance sheet, and once again comparing it to the Enron scandal. Tabas said in a press conference at the Financial Times Business of Football summit, quote City have a lot of companies in their group which lie outside the City Football Group structure, extra companies where they put their expenses. These other companies lose the money, but not the club itself. We've reported them to the EU. We have the facts and figures we asked for City to be checked. It's very important that all clubs are subject to the same transparency rules and governance on both the sporting and the financial side. The City case is one where we believe they put the losses on the companies that are not officially part of City Football Group. And then that's when he quoted Enron. Tabos claimed they meaning City have a scouting company, a marketing company. It's where they have high expenses. They invoic City for less money. City have costs less than if they didn't have the circle of companies around. When Tabos was asked about the status of the complaint, he said, I think it's in the investigation phase. We haven't had a reply, so it must be in the investigation phase. Obviously, City isn't talking. It declined to comment on it, and sources close to the club tell The Independent that Tabos has a long history of attacking Manchester City. City are going to obviously strongly refute the allegations. Sources pointed of the club's accounts, which are a matter of public record. Details of LA Liga's complaint alleged Cities financing mechanisms cause a distortion in the internal market of the European Union. Complaint was filed under European regulation governing state subsidies on the grounds City are alleged to have received foreign subsidies from the UAE LaLiga alleges that allowed the club to enhance its competitive position, causing distortions across various national EU markets. So Tabos and LaLiga are claiming that there is a ripple effect economically from what City is putting out there publicly for their profit and loss layout versus what LaLiga believes to be the actual profit and loss scenarios involving Manchester City. The subsidies, according to LaLiga, enable the club to sign all the players and the coaches far beyond what would be feasible under market conditions and securing sponsorship revenues at levels that don't align with fair market value. And remember that's what the Premier League was chasing, after making sure that any kind of sponsorship value was a fair market and making sure that the horizontal relationships, meaning the sideways relationships, if there were ties between clubs and companies that are inside the same umbrella.
Speaker 4: Remember they were keeping an eye on that.
Speaker 3: So all of that LaLiga alleges improves the club sporting performance, impacting the recruiting capacity of other clubs, and then once again city is remembered still waiting on the Independent Commission. We said, Richard Masters at this same summit basically said that the Commission has all the intel and they've got the information and they're sorting it out. So that's where Manchester City is right now. But how your tabosses decided to sit there and you know, you know, he's saying, keep an eye on Manchester City and apparently they LaLiga has taken Manchester City to the European Commission. Not to be outdone, you have Chelsea and Todd Bowley and Todd Bowley has decided to say he believed that. According to Paul McGinnis and others at The Guardian, Todd Bowley believes that Netflix could maintain the Premier League's global success. Todd Bowley has said the Premier League should consider selling its global TV rights to Netflix. He also called on Premier League execs to agree on priorities for the future of the competition, saying they should pull together to maintain success. Bully said, quote Premier League content is so valuable because it's so widely demanded. How many global platforms are They're probably just Netflix. If you're thinking about how do I launch a global product, you do it in partnership with content like this. This was at the Financial Times Business of Football summit. If you really think about it, Bully continued, what it could do to unlock a global media platform. There's nothing like this. I'm not saying that that is the direct answer right this minute, but I think that's where it's headed. So that's what Todd Bowley is saying when it comes to meet of partners and things like that. He also is in the bit of a row right now with fellow owners. But right now, at that same summit, he didn't really give a whole lot of detail on what's going on with the internal debate, shall we say, involving Bully clear Lake, the owners and Chelsea and all that kind of stuff. Now, a quick note from this morning. Former Premier League referee David coot has been banned by UEFA until June of twenty six. Contract as an elite referee with the PGMOL terminated in December after the video that came to light showing him making derogatory comments about Liverpool and Jrgen Klop. There was a separate video and that and that video is also a part of the investigation where it was showing him ingesting illegal drugs and that took place during the twenty twenty four Euros where he was an official. PGMOL said the official was in serious breach of his employment contract and his actions made his position untenable. That's the word they use. And European Football's Control Ethics and Disciplinary Body MET last week also ruled coot had violated the basic rules of decent conduct and brought football and YUEFA in particular into disrepute. That is the latest involving David Coote and Chelsea and we'll get back into the Premier League and other things. Okay, so it is a Friday, and it is slightly after nine thirty. This is what I love about Greg Garza, among other things, but the fact that he is an incredible fashion model.
Speaker 4: Four our for our jersey this year.
Speaker 3: Greg sends me an email and he always lets you know status, and Michael Parkhurst always lets you know status. Greg sends me an email this morning after I send the links out and everything, and Greg says, I'm gonna be a few minutes late, And'm gonna be a little late. A little late ended up being two minutes. We may as well just round it down. He's on time. It's Friday, it's Greg. It's time for the Friday free kick with our friends that beyond goals entering, Greg Garza, what part of the planet are you on, sir?
Speaker 6: I'm home. That like to be home, freaking fantastic.
Speaker 3: You, sir, have been a globe trotter, and you've been globe trotting on behalf of Major League Soccer and trying to aid in interpersonal relationships among players as a part of one of their councils. And now that you are home, have you had the chance to think about what you were able to do for Major League Soccer, all the different conversations you had, all the different lives that you interacted with. Have you had a chance to have that sync in for this year?
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course. I mean it sucks, It really sucks. The LAFC and Colorado just had an incident last week.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm uh.
Speaker 6: You know that's that's that's obviously our main priority with everything that we do. And then you see crap like that in which we just spoke to those guys three weeks ago. They did not go through what like some of those guys, does it go through one ear and right out of the other, you know, and nobody knows what the hate speech was. But still it's uh, it's it's uncalled for. And you know that's that's why we that's why we do that stuff.
Speaker 3: I know that right now it's a Chadozia wasium alleging Sergei Palencia said things we don't know. Once again, what was said. Right now, it is an alleged situation involving those two clubs, and when it comes to you having those kinds of conversations with clubs themselves and individuals knowing that you have a bunch of different nationalities under one roof, and and understandings and all these kinds of things. How much of a learning ex has it been for you to be able to have these conversations and at the same time remind those players that are currently in Major League soccer about the dangers of having the dangers of having those kinds of thoughts, and at the same time making sure that you understand that everyone around you comes from a different place, and that you should understand and respect everyone around you, even if they're not wearing the same colors that you do in your play.
Speaker 6: That's it's it's difficult to understand, in my personal opinion, how someone can say something that is evil, right, I like, if you and I'm like, if something bad, if something bad happens, if you stub your toe on the table, you're probably most likely there's going to be a profanity word that comes out several mm hm, And so you know somehow that has to release that stress in that moment. And so for me, it's like, man, what the hell is going through these guys mind and where they feel that relieving stress going through the competitive stress like wanting to win that you can say something that is you know, hurtfull and just hate hateful, I guess you could say. So that's always like my misunderstanding with a lot of guys that with with within the league and trying to help them acknowledge that say the F word fifteen thousand times, right, but don't use something that is going to diminish the person that's in front of you in terms of what color, race, religion, belief, you know, whatever they look like.
Speaker 5: It should not matter.
Speaker 3: Has it changed over time? Has it gotten has the conversation gotten easier or more difficult when it comes to having to deal with these issues.
Speaker 6: In recent times, in my personal experience, more difficult I had, I had more pushback this year.
Speaker 4: Really yeah.
Speaker 6: I think I think just with everything that's going on in the world right now, you know, it's it's there's a lot of things that are happening around us that we can't control, and so, you know, I think when people come from other places, they kind of have this point of view that you know, whatever someone says is how we all think and how we all view things as well. So that that was that was a little bit of issue, and then you just had some really immature.
Speaker 5: People and players that.
Speaker 6: Were not as understanding as they should have been. And I think it was just you know, going through preseason and you're ready to get You're ready to get over preseason. And so I don't know if sometimes coming in and speaking about some vulnerable things can spark kind of that stress. But at the end of the day, I always tell the guys like I'm I'm just the messenger. I'm not here to tell you what you can and cannot do with your life. We all make mistakes, we all do things that we regret sometimes, but just remember that you know, and in that microscopical world that they are in, you know you have to you have to make decisions based on hopefully making some that will not ruin not only your reputation, your team's reputation and financial right, the financial want that you want. I mean, I think at at the end of the day, I always tell them, look, you guys play this game when when you're young, you play the game because you and I have talked about this before. When you're young, play the game because you absolutely love it. And I think as you get older and you know, priorities change and you have kids and you know, you're having to put food on the table, and you have to play through contracts. It's more of that doggy dog environment, you know. I think I think that's when that's when you know, it becomes less.
Speaker 5: About maybe the love and more about.
Speaker 6: The financial meaning of of how much you can provide doing what you love. So you know, it's it's it's it's difficult conversations to have. Most everyone say about eighty five to ninety percent of guys are very understanding of everything, but you'll always have that ten percent that just whether they just want to argue or create, you know, create some type of debate. So I feel like it's always going to happen.
Speaker 3: That you and and when you said that, it really took me for a second. You literally do have individuals that just want to argue for the sake of arguing about these kinds of points.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, seriously, yeah yeah, whether it be where they're from, it's okay to say things like this, whether you know, whether it's we call each other this all the.
Speaker 6: Time and we don't care, We'll continue to call each other this all the time. And I think it's just you know, you're dealing. And when we had these first initial meetings with the league. Yeah, and I I made a point. I made a point within most of the guys who were involved with in the player and engagement area, and I made a point that you know, most most soccer players come from very different backgrounds, like as in poverished backgrounds, and so a lot of these guys, a lot, you can be very honest, do not have an education. They don't have a school education.
Speaker 5: There they're there.
Speaker 6: They might be intelligent and have an amazing soccer I Q. But if you and I both asked Joseph Martinez until what grade he went to, I don't know what grade he went to, he might have he might have finished school at the third grade and dedicated his whole life to soccer, right, And that's that's a lot of Sometimes I think people don't understand that that a lot of soccer players, that's that's their life, right. They they focus more on getting out of a poverish you place, rather than what school is and soccer is. They're only out in that in that circumstance. So, you know, I think sometimes a lot of it, in my personal opinion is that you know, sometimes a lot of these guys they only they only believe what what they what they see or what they're surrounded by, and they don't get that that education of you know what what sometimes how it how it means to act in certain areas and and understand that other cultures are different. It's not just what you see around the area or environment or circumstances that you grew up in. So I think it's important for me to speak about those things because it's uh, hopefully it's educational for some of those guys as well. Right, It's like we've said before, it might be okay to do thumbs up here, if you do the peace sign in in England, right, it might mean something else. Right, So you've got to understand what what where you are the norms and rules that that need to be abided around you as well.
Speaker 3: So when it comes to your mentees, where are they, you know, in in the that middle school, high school age group. When it comes to understanding the rules and morays and habits and disciplines of other cultures, what's it like dealing with that generation now as a mentor?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like it much more because it's where, because it's where you are nipping.
Speaker 5: The bud as quickly as possible to where.
Speaker 6: They can have an idea and understanding on a on a quicker basis and listen to someone who's been there, done that and tell you, hey, this is how you should act, this is what you should say, this is how you should do interviews, this is you know, all different things that helped I think even Mike and I and great professionals be successful. Right, There's there's no need to when you, if you and when and if you ever become a professional or you are in some type of professional environment, you have to understand and learn how to act.
Speaker 7: Everybody who goes to a.
Speaker 6: An office room is not saying certain words that might be said in the locker room.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of different words that you hear in a locker room that there is no way in hell they would ever be said in a professional environment. Yeah, and so I think that's that's helping kids understand that, hey, can you be that person when you are in a locker room one day or if you are in a professional environment, that at least you understand the norms that are needed just to be I say, be a good person, but it also just just know just know how to act and in public right if you I think that if people want to do things within their own closed doors right in between four walls or whatever it is, right like, then it's that's that's on them. But when they're in public and you have, you know, this role model stript that's there, Yeah, that's important.
Speaker 3: How much of the conversations that you have with your mentees is reinforcing of the behavior of you can only do certain things in certain places, what you do behind closed doors, you know, is what you do behind closed doors? And how much of it is actually flipping opinion and having the mentee or the family and the mentee realize that, yeah, you might be the best thing since Georgia Canalia out there on the pitch, but there are certain things that you can't say, and there are certain things that you can't do. How much of it is reinforcing a positive behavior and how much of it is trying to encourage the negative to go into a positive behavior.
Speaker 6: A lot of the times both but it goes both ways. Okay, I will always use the quote it does not matter how elite of a player you are if you don't have elite personality to go behind it. So I think it's just helping them understand how an elite of personality clities we had in the game that we played and how that helped us be successful for a really long time and have that consistency within. So that's that's a that's a big piece that we try and really focus on with especially the younger generation.
Speaker 5: They are essentially our leaders.
Speaker 6: Of tomorrow, so we want them to be as well prepared as possible.
Speaker 3: Greg Guards are hanging out with us for the Friday free kick at Beyond Goals Mentoring at BG Mentoring on the two hundred and eighty character app Beyond Goalsmentoring dot Com.
Speaker 4: And you know, when you get.
Speaker 3: To globetrot and you get to do all these different things and you get to remind professional athletes about all of their all the the external things that they are rubbing off on every day, how much do you have to remind yourself about about who you touch and how you touch them? And I mean that in the emotional sense and in the intelligent sense, not just physically reaching out, you know and going like that. But how much do you have to mind yourself these days? You know, I've got to stay this way, I've got to do this, I've got to do this.
Speaker 4: How much of it is a refresher for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, big time. It's it's also learning.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 6: The coolest thing for me is learning about others and learning about their backgrounds and their cultures. And that's been the most enlightening thing for me as a person, is going into different locker rooms and like in my own way, trying to study where that person is coming from. Like I like to kind of study people and get their first impression and see why they think the way that they do.
Speaker 5: Why they are the way that they are, Right.
Speaker 6: I think that's that's that's a lot of that's a lot of good teamwork building. And I think, like I whenever we finished, like as the facilitators, Like as the facilitators, we always we always see.
Speaker 5: If like how that group is going to be throughout the season.
Speaker 6: Is that going to be a good group?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Are they a group that's probably gonna be split in half? Or are they a group that's going to be you know, very very well, you know, very well bonded and united.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's what I like to do.
Speaker 6: So I like to study my surroundings and see, you know, what what the emotions are in the room, how vulnerable they are to speak about things, how committed they are to each other, and you can tell, you can definitely tell. You can get the year within the room, and you can be like, well, that team's gonna have a ship season, this team might win a championship, right, and so that that for me, I walk out of that. And always whoever I'm facilitating with, we always like have our under over, right, how well is this team going to do? Based on how unified you saw saw their team? And that's I like, I like doing that because you know, it allows there's some vulnerable conversations that that sometimes come out. And like, I think one thing within sports is that there's always a there's always a tale to tell. And I think like when you study other players, right, it's like I always use the examples of people that I know. Right, It's like everybody always asks, you know, well, why didn't Darlington go play? Why didn't Nagby go play?
Speaker 5: In Europe?
Speaker 6: He could have played probably on any team in Europe that he ever could, Right, And if you really get to know him and you understand what his background is and how he was raised and how he came to the United States, and you know how his family got here, et cetera, et cetera, you will understand why. And and that's that's like people don't see that, right, whoever gives opinions and whoever you know is speaking on sometimes TV, they don't see that side of things. They're not there to understand why that person made that decision.
Speaker 3: And sometimes they don't want to be there. They just want to have that opinion. They don't want to do that research.
Speaker 6: Yes, and I enjoy peopleeople that really dive in and and and are just understanding of oh okay, well now I understand why I give mad props to that guy, right, because family oriented, he doesn't want to go live in another country and be away from taking care of his mother all these different things. Right, the person who creates that opinion, all we see is just well he's he's he's too lazy, or he's just doing what he feels comfortable, doesn't want to get out of his comfort zone. Right, Those were all the conversations back then with NACB.
Speaker 4: He wanted to he wanted to go home, That was.
Speaker 6: It, right, And so it's but I'm just getting one oh yeah, I know one example, right, And so for me, when I go into locker rooms, I get to know that person a little better, and it's like it allows them to be like, Okay, well, now I know why Ozzy was such an asshole on the field. Right now, I know why Ozzy Alonzo was a that was like a pit bull. If you ever got into a scuffle with them on the field, he was gonna kill you on the field, choke you feel like he choked slam you after the game. And now getting to know him and more understanding of his story, well, hell, I totally understand why. Right, he has so much baggage and so much luggage and and things that you know that can create that competitive stress. But these are all great pros that they allowed their competitive stress to be uh, you know, put out in the world in different ways. And they didn't use any hate, and they didn't use any you know, hurtful language, or they didn't even use any discrimination. They didn't put anything into the phobias or the isms. They they allowed their kind of anger or whatever it is, their frustration being upset translate into their game and it made them the player that they are so like that that's for me is probably the coolest and the most interesting thing, I think just learning about other players and how how they are and why they are how they are. That's the coolest thing for me.
Speaker 3: Are people your age just as open about learning about other cultures? Are your mentees more open? Is there an approach difference when it comes to the next generation versus the current generation?
Speaker 4: Who is one more willing to learn about the other.
Speaker 6: Man? I just from experience with a lot of mentees, I feel like there's a lot of open minded kids.
Speaker 5: Okay, there are a lot of kids with And.
Speaker 6: One thing that I think schools teach these days is the growth mindset, and we didn't have that whenever I was a kid. I feel like sometimes we are more stubborn and hard headed than the younger generation because we didn't have growth mindset in school. I don't remember learning about growth mindset. And I can go into a second grade teacher parent teacher conference, a fifth grade parent teacher conference, a seventh grade parent teacher conference, and all they talk about is growth mindset, growth mindset, growth mindset, growth mindset. Everything is growth mindset. And I love that because you know it's giving them a chance to.
Speaker 5: Be adaptable and be flexible and adjust to.
Speaker 6: Their surroundings and sometimes be comfortable with the uncomfortable and all different things because they want their minds to grow the best way possible. I don't remember that. I remember whenever I was in school, it was either this way or the highway, right. And so I like the fact that we've become more flexible, but I would say with kids, can we be still have a balance of both, right, because I think sometimes being too flexible can sometimes make kids soft, and you don't want.
Speaker 5: Kids soft for what the world is, what the world.
Speaker 6: Is going to bring ahead of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you mentioned being comfortable with the uncomfortable. I mean that kind of goes along the same lines with you know, control the controllables and be comfortable, you know, be comfortable with being uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: I guess is you know the way to phrase it.
Speaker 3: And I don't know how many people these days across the board are comfortable with the uncomfortable and being and facing the uncomfortable at least that you know, face value. I don't know how many folks will openly sit there and say, yeah, I'm comfortable with all of the external stuff and then you know it, can.
Speaker 4: You know, come at me. I don't know how many people are like that, though.
Speaker 5: Very few, I'd say very few.
Speaker 6: I always say being uncomfortable allows you to like this is a crazy analogy, right, But I had a coach or even even my my, my mentor whenever. Whenever I was a kid, I was always like the official free kick and PK taker of all the youth national teams. Like I was just on point. All of my goals were uh, free kicks or penalties uh, And all of my assists were all corner kicks. I was the set piece specialist as a kid. Then you get older and you become left back, and you're like, well, I'm probably not going to be the set piece specialist anymore. But I remember he would always tell me I would get I would, you know, do my stance. I would take my four steps back, I would take my two steps over, and it was almost like I was kicking a field goal. And then just got to a point where he was like, dude, just just take one step back. And I'm like, I don't think I can have the ability or the power to still hit it where I want to hit it. There's no way I'm gonna get it over the wall. And he said, just try it. Make yourself as uncomfortable as possible. And after that first one, dude right over the wall Nott bins right, and I was like, oh crap. Like our bodies adjust to being uncomfortable and our minds adjust even more, and it kind of probably made me more focused in terms of getting it exactly where I wanted it to and doing those things. So I enjoy even with that, trying to help kids, make them uncomfortable in moments of thinking about certain plays or thinking about how they have to just always adapt because the game itself and life itself is you always have to be adaptable and flexible.
Speaker 3: Well, and when you're talking to your mentees, how do you I mean, going into a session with a mentee, do you have it in your mind going in? Okay, I want to make this mente uncomfortable by thinking about X or is it just something like when you and I talk on Fridays. Oh, there's an opening, I want to make him he or she uncomfortable?
Speaker 6: How do I think more there? When there's an opening? I like to kind of follow a curriculum of what I have in terms of how that person is or how that kid is. I like to kind of base my sessions and my exercises off that. But I do love and I always tell kids the very first session, please ask questions. Ask questions, because when you ask questions, it opens up, you know, a can of so many other ideas that can be thrown your and and that's that's when I think. Whenever I see that they are willing and apt to ask questions, it really gives me the opportunity to then kind of like poke them a little bit in certain ways and see how they see how they deal with it.
Speaker 4: How do you.
Speaker 3: Get past the mentee that is quiet by nature, doesn't want to ask questions, just sits there and goes uh huh uh huh uh huh. And it's not like they want to get the session over. They do want to learn, but they don't have the they don't have it in them yet to speak out.
Speaker 4: How do you draw that out of a mentee.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of them that start like that. There's a lot of kids who start very slow and very quiet. I just try and make it as fun as possible. I try and ask questions to help them think and make them understand themselves the best way possible and really bring out as much as them as I can. I guess, I guess I can say I just have that kind of gift of working with kids and loving to work with kids, uh, and just making them laugh and making them, you know, being goofy sometimes and just doing things that you know, UH can can give get them to feel a little bit more comfortable and sharing things that maybe they've never talked about before.
Speaker 4: How much of that comes from being a dad?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: A lot, A lot. I think my kids, even even before kids though, I'd always just loved kids. I love kids, and I've always had this like, uh like magnet towards kids. Kids always I remember just going to like family barbecues or whatever it is like after the games on the weekends and hanging out with friends. All the adults would be in the kitchen drinking their beers. I don't drink, so drinking their beers and drinking their wine, and I'd be outside playing with kids, right And I'd be that one dad playing outside with kids, whether it be playing soccer or throwing the football, and have them making routes and whatever it is, right I was. I think I'm still always that kid at heart, and I think that helps. That helps a massive way.
Speaker 3: All right before before your egress here on your Friday. It's a rivalry game coming up this weekend, bat and lead off. It's Atlanta and Charlotte up in Charlotte. The away team has it on lock apparently in this series. But when it comes to this particular rivalry and what you saw from Atlanta United, whether it was in highlights or actually watching match one, what do you think about this rivalry game coming up with Charlotte.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was at the game the last game.
Speaker 5: The spark is back. The spark is back.
Speaker 6: It's just one game, but.
Speaker 5: The spark is there.
Speaker 6: Do I feel like I have a lot to work on defensively? I do, and we can pick them apart working defensively, because that game could have gone either way. But it kind of brought me back to kind of like when we played it was almost like we could have won five zero or we could have lost eight four, right, and so like that. I remember games where we played where I finished that game. I was like, holy crap, we won the game four too, but we could have lost like seven to six, right, you know, Like, and I think that kind of gave me those feelings again watching that first game at the stadium but I will say this, I don't know if Zahaz is playing. I think he is. I think he missed the first game because his first son was his first daughter son was.
Speaker 4: Born, the first daughter is born.
Speaker 3: He's back, and of course Charlotte's being coy about well he might start, he might play. I'm gonna take a look at him and we'll see in one of those kind of things.
Speaker 6: I am. I love soccer, so you know, yes, am I a fan of Atlanta and.
Speaker 5: I yes, but I love just watching players.
Speaker 6: And watching other teams sometimes, so I'm very I'm very interested to see how he does is in the league. Niggie has not lost a step. He looked exactly the same. He looked like a lizard running in water, running on the top of water, the exact same he did when he was when he was here. I will disagree with Kevin Egan though, because Pev said that this is the most talented this is the most talented attack that Atlanta has had since it's since its inception into the league. I would disagree with that because I would say every single player that we had on that team in twenty seventeen to twenty eighteen, we were all attackers.
Speaker 5: We were crazy attackers.
Speaker 6: So I will say that they have the top four or five, we had the top eleven guys that would just always bust forward. So that would be my that would be my argument against keV one day.
Speaker 3: Okay, And so next time you see each other, make sure that someone's rolling tape on it. What's the latest with Beyond Goals manering before you get in.
Speaker 6: Same old, same old, continuing to grow the game as much as possible. Finally home and able to kind of regulate my schedule a little bit more, which is which is great?
Speaker 3: Yes, And when we get to see Greg modeling the SDH jersey here for twenty twenty five, it's always a hoot. It's great to see him, my friend, Glad, Glad, you're back into your own kasa where you kind of get to do your thing and kind of stare at the Chattahoochee River when you need a chance to go three pieces in thanks as dropping by, it's always see you got it, there goes Greg. And so it's always fun when Greg drops by. And that is Friday free Kick brought to his buy our friends at Beyond Goals Mentoring at BG Mentoring on the two hundred and eighty character app beyond Goalsmenoring dot Com. Greg does not have a two hundred and eighty character account. Yeah, I believe he is on the Insta. I believe, so I think that's where I think that's where Greg is. He's on the Insta of the IG or the GRAM. He is not on the two hundred and eighty character app. And I don't know if he is on the face base. So it's all great to catch up with him, great to catch up with Cap. And it's uh like when I go and have these conversations with with Greg and with with Michael, this is the amount of questions I have written down. Let me see if I can turn it.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 3: So that's the amount of questions I have written down. I have a couple of general ideas when it comes to topics and things. But as Greg said in our segment this week, you know, sometimes you'll you'll have a conversation and that'll open a door. And so traditionally it's like, Okay, he opened a door, I want to go down that hallway. And so then he'll open another door, and another door and another door, and so that's where the conversation traditionally is with those two because of.
Speaker 4: What they're doing.
Speaker 3: It beyond goals, menering, because of all the doors that they open dealing with today's generation, Greg dealing with the modern day adult professional athlete, and how that rubs off on what he gets to do when he's you know, there with his mentees and with Michael's mentee, So both of them with that experience and how it applies, you know, to the next generation, those kinds of things I wanted to I want to get into and responses, and there is some current events obviously when it comes to like Atlanta United and things like that, but the biggest thing is it's it's a learning experience for me about how adults right now want to impact the next generation. And so that that's part of the end when I have the conversations with Greg and with Michael Parkhurst when they're with is at nine point thirty, when they're not globe trotting or in Michael's case, when he is a mogul in training and a week away from being ready for a.
Speaker 4: Season opener season two.
Speaker 3: There's one thing that you can do for an Encore and it's win a championship, making it to the last game of the year's Eastern Conference Champs. Last year reminds me I had to get my RIFC Eastern Conference gear, so mogul and training on one end, and what they're doing is fantastic stuff. And it's great to catch up with them on the Friday free kick when they're not globe trotting. All right, our number two and we know what that means on a Friday. That means it is weekend whip round, patent pending, trademark coming sooner, hopefully rather than later. And this is where we go over all of the matches going on in Major League Soccer. Obviously, we're going to take the conversation with Atlanta United, save it for ten thirty and beyond when Jason drops by. And like I said, there are a couple of other questions that I have involving Major League Soccer and rules and the roster release and the AGM meeting for US Soccer. So there are a couple of other topics that I wanted to get into with Jason in addition to get discussing his thoughts on what he saw from Week one and heading into week two with this rivalry and tonight, as Abby said, NODA brewing. I think it's NOA brewing. I think no Da North it's north something, so it is North something, but it's no to brewing. I think it is from seven to ten. Let me go back and see whereas it seven to ten tonight? Here we go, okay, tonight gathering of Atlanta United Fans No TOA Brewing seven to ten. So I think that that is where Jason and Matty are going to be hopefully, if you are traveling up the day of or the day before. If you're traveling up the day of, I don't know if NOTA brewing would be open.
Speaker 4: Before you had to be over at be of A.
Speaker 3: But if you're heading up tonight, Atlanta United Fans gathering at NOA Brewing No Da reminds me of the Bigod Johnny song for minute Work. But anyway, Noah brewing seven to ten. If you're heading up to Charlotte tonight and you get to hang out with a bunch of other seventeens as you guys get ready to crash b of A and be there in full throat tomorrow afternoon to twenty five start, because once again it's listed as two fifteen Lasoccer dot Com does not include the TV Element pregame show in their start time, and so it's two twenty five because it's on Big Fox and Big Fox deport this, so two twenty five listed as two fifteen on MLS Soccer dot Com. So to twenty five start and we'll get into the specifics with Jason and it'll be aide Gordon and Nick that are going to be doing your pre and your post from Colony Square for Atlanta United and for Charlotte. All right after the Atlanta United and Charlotte match the rest of the schedule for the weekend, So you get your you get your early, you get your early rub with it Landa United and with Charlotte. Once again, we don't know the level of engagement that Wilfrid Zaha is going to have. So once again, you know, Dean Smith being as coy as you're allowed. I mean, it's it's perfectly fine to be as coy as possible, I get.
Speaker 4: It, you know.
Speaker 3: And then you get to look at the rest of the matchups, know the announcer matchups yet for each of the of each of the games. But uh, once again, the one that's really important nineteen nine the game in the Odyssey app, aban Nick pregame, ABENDNK, postgame, Jason and Mike involved in the broadcast UH ninety nine Game ninety nine, Game dot Com and the Odyssey app.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get.
Speaker 3: Into juice boxes and start times as a way to go through the rest of the matchups. Here in match week number two for Major League Soccer. So after the Charlotte Atlanta game is over, everything starts back up again at four thirty, which means four forty Eastern time. RSL for a two forty start is hosting Seattle.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Seattle, once again midweek took care business in CONCACAFF Champions Cup. They did not start Stephen Fry, as Nico Morenos said, it is not injury related. It was just sitting in. So Stephan Fry will start against RSL, and then you'll have whatever the rotated lineup is, if Brian Schmizer chooses to rotate. But this is an opportunity for Seattle to take advantage of the situation involving RSL. RSL has had a rough week. RSL loses at home to Herediano in conca CAF Hemispheric Extravaganza. They get bumped out. How do one nil lead lose it? So how does RSL respond? And that is the large question here Seattle. They can go in with a lineup against a team in RSL that is reeling early, grab full points and get out the door. Juice boxes have RSL as a favorite, and this is in the composite courtesy of our friends at odds Portal. They have a listing of different juice box purveyors. They take the average and they post it. RSL is a plus one fifty six to win at four forty draws a plus two twenty five, or Seattle's a plus one seventy five. I don't know where the goals are gonna come from from RSL. Stephan Fry definitely probably starting for Seattle. And net choose your fantasy teams wisely, and so I'm leaning Seattle here as a slight underdog and a plus one seventy five. Just in general, the fact that there are a plus one seventy five it kind of helps out for those of you that are handling your juice boxes. So, once again, don't know what the full lineup's gonna look like for Seattle. Stephan Fry did not play against Antigua, and so he's going into Sandy Utah, taking on a team in RSL where you don't know where the goals are going to come from, and having lost to Herediano. So all of these emotional factors in these intangibles add up anyway to folks leaning toward a slight underdog in Seattle. Then you get your seven forties. And I say seven forties, even though there're seven thirties, seven thirty listings revs and crew crewe understandably a favor of the plus one twenty three in the composite is a plus two sixty two and the revs are a plus one ninety seven. So RSL, I mean New England, you're looking at some kind of revenge of some kind of degree, and that's what you're staring at with that one with Columbus, we welcome Jared in.
Speaker 9: Hello, Hi, what are welcome?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well, of course, I mean Jesus Christ. It is well, I mean it's we can whip around time.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: We're going through the matchups and you you hit it just right. We're saving Landy United and Charlotte for the Jason appearance coming up at about twenty minutes. We're blowing through the rest of the schedule. Seattle is a slight underdog heading to RSL. I don't know where RSL's going to score Seattle sat some folks, including Stephen Fry, and I'm leaning towards Seattle in that one.
Speaker 9: So as much as I was disappointed with what RSL did last week, they're also in both It's interesting that both these clubs had a concat Champions Cup. I don't know what to make of those games, because we have this conversation every season early in the season in those Championship Cup in the Champions Cup games just kind of, you know, kind of just kind of roll whatever you got. I'm not I'm already not gonna bet on MLS because I like, I like sanity, and I don't I don't seek out bad decisions.
Speaker 4: Like you like you like your wallet. It's current state exactly.
Speaker 9: I'm definitely not gonna put money on games involving teams that were in the Champions Cup. Over the weekend, especially RSL played like a knockdown, drag out game with Eddiano and then lost it in the well. They lost in the seventy something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had a goal that was initially pulled back by v A R. And then they got one score that wasn't held back and then they ended up hitting by the end of the day.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because then even when it was one one, they were doomed with away goals as yep. And then like the ninety I think there's like the ninety ninth minute, what's a second the back on that that pretty much just uh put dirt on the coffin, so to speak.
Speaker 4: Yep, fall game. Yes, so I don't I.
Speaker 9: Don't know what to make of either one of these teams in that situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh so you're looking at that one and then you've got crew and revs, and with this one crew obviously favored on the road, we wondered where the goals were gonna come from, and it turns out that Diego Rossi was kind of waving his hand like Forrest Gump on the shrimp boat, going you know, hi, you know right here, and they're favored heading to Foxborough and they're a plus one twenty three and the revs are basically a plus two hundred.
Speaker 9: I mean so much it feels like a lot of this is going to fall on like on falls to be that guy Columbus still has time to me additions, by the way, Yeah, and I know, like I feel like part of this has been part of the conversation with them of like I got time to make additions. They do. But I'm gonna say the same thing to you that I get told all the time when I would say that about Atlanta, which is they do. But time is a time is always marching. Yes, So they need to go ahead and get somebody in because you still have to go through the visa process. And if you're gonna get someone who's uh not an American player, and man, if this feels like a if it's gonna be consistently working, then Diego Rossi is gonna be like an like an MVP front runner time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jason Russell Rowe, obviously folks are looking at him when it comes.
Speaker 4: To helping out a top but.
Speaker 9: It's just a it's and I like Jason Russell Rowe. This isn't a shot in him. It's just a lot to ask of him. And if he's able to give you some really good games but isn't as consistent, which would make sense because newsflash, he's not Kuco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no one, no one?
Speaker 9: What what what dog like Cuco was like what Brian Joseph was in terms of like the great equalizer of oh is this game a mismatch? Maybe, except they have a while Cuco. Yes, Jason Russell Road could be very, very good. He's just not gonna be Cucco. And that's okay. I hope, I hope it's not held against him, I guess, is what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So yeah, if you look super yeah, so you get to figure out what's going on with that one, all right. Also on the board, and if it's a game that you think is a dog that you don't want to talk about basically, well, Cliffhanger and you said, you're like, nah, yeah, Red Bulls hosting Nashville Red Bulls minus one fifty six National plus three eighty eight draw is a plus three zero one.
Speaker 9: Red Bulls. And I'm interested in what Nashville is doing. Yeah, this year, now that they have moved off, now that they have like freed themselves from the Gary Smith era. That's not going to say the Gary Smith era wasn't predictive. It was to kind of drag themselves into the future of bit here. Yeah, I like what it can be. I just think it's gonna take time to put it all together, and Red Bulls is still Red Bulls is still Red Bulls.
Speaker 3: So Red Bulls favored largely seven forty at the stadium named after a magazine, so big sponsorship for them there. Purple Team and Toronto also at seven forty. Purple Team favored at a minus one seventy five. Draw is a plus two ninety five, and Toronto is a plus four sixty six. On the road to Central Florida.
Speaker 9: Give me, give me Purpole, give me Orlando.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 9: It's It's fine to like, it's fine to look at that game with wide eyes with what happened with Philadelphia over the weekend last weekend, because that was bad, like it was, it was sloppy. But if you get boat raced by Toronto, yeah, then we then we get to have some really fun conversations, some really uncomfortable conversations. Yes, I just don't think that will happen.
Speaker 3: No, not not with not with Toronto on the road and Purple Team and home.
Speaker 9: Again if they lose, if they lose to Toronto Team, then we have to have like two full conversations of like, do we need to like start picking out a plot for Orlando and do we need to have conversations about Toronto. But we also do this early in the season where it's completely irresponsible, which.
Speaker 4: Is why we do it.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, and that's that's that's why we're here on Fridays. Speaking of Philadelphia, the Bradley Carnell Era in match number two, slight underdog at home against f C Cincinnati or a slight favorite at home against de f C Cincinnati. Obviously they're thinking that Cincinnati, with them playing in the midweek, is going to impact them here on the weekend. Union a plus one fifty at home, So I home favorite draws a plus two to fifty seven f C Cincinnati on the roads of plus one sixty two. And I think really the only reason that Cincinnati is a dog here is because of the midweek activity. Am I reading that right?
Speaker 9: That's what I'm guessing. And because of the way they play, I can definitely see it. It would be narrative central though for Philadelphia to start to it. Oh man, Yeah, and look, you play the schedule you're given, so I will not be if Philadelphia like winns this game and they start two and oh you can say, well, well, Orlando we don't know. Orlando is kind of weird. And then you have Cinci on.
Speaker 10: The mid week.
Speaker 9: I don't really care. You can qualify how where you want. If they beat Cincinnati, I don't care that Cincinnati played the midweek. You win your home games. Yeah, go do that, Philly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's uh, that's where that one lays itself out. And then speaking of the games where you're kind of like, huh, Chicago and hosting d C, they have no Brian Goodierres who got the retroactive red from Disco in the midweek for basically the forum shiver from behind that wasn't caught on the field or through var Disco came in from behind and said, yeah, that's a game. So the guy that gets you a brace last week is not available this week. You're at home. You're favorite at a plus one oh eight draws, a plus two sixty three. DC United is a plus two thirty one.
Speaker 9: What if I tell you it doesn't matter and they still be DC Because I'm I'm a believer in in what would be the funniest timeline, which is Greg Burhalter winning a trophy year one in Chicago and absolutely pissing off. So many people in this country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt, no question. I could definitely see that going down. Loon's in CF Montreal Minnesota United to minus one ninety six. CF Montreal playing their first handful of matches away from home, because otherwise you'd be playing at ice Station Zebra. Minnesota on the draw plus three twenty eight and CF Montreal to win is pushing a plus five hundred.
Speaker 4: Don't think about this. I would have misbe no.
Speaker 9: Over the numbers on this.
Speaker 3: Minnesota minus one ninety six, okay, draws of plus three twenty eight. CF Montreal's right now plus four ninety two.
Speaker 9: Man, I liked what we saw for Montreal, and they weren't even full strength, and I'd never know if I can really trust Minnesota or not. I like that plus four hundred number.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, just to throw it.
Speaker 9: The plus four hundred number with the team that I really liked to know. Again, keep in mind Atlanta and Minnesota, excuse me, and Montreal, we're both not at full strength last week. Yeah, Atlanta's missing both full backs, rotated the center back. You put Louis sa bram In there when we were expecting Derrick Williams. Whatever. But Montreal was also missing people in that game, like both teams are missing guys. Montreal still was just making stuff happen. Mm hmm, Yeah, I was happy with it. Like, ye give me, give me Montreal on a plus four hundred, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, plus four ninety two, you're going to the back of the going to the back of the fridge, no problem. Eight forty Eastern at Sporting, Bruce and Peter Urmes, you want to talk about cameras that you need on the side for ISO, you need a coach cam for this one. S Yeah, there might be a Sporting is a plus one eighteen. Your draw is a plus two sixty three. San Jose on the road is a plus two o six. Now you're saying you're either leaning it for the total or you're leaning at that plus two o six.
Speaker 9: I know I'm leaning. I'm I'm I'm inclined to just just say give me San Jose and walk away from the table. Yeap, is what I'm inclined to do. John, I'm I am perpetually at this point of the timeline, in a constant state of please prove it to Peter Urmes, because there's just been issues man like and and you're anging like Alan Polito is gone. We don't have to pretend like we're waiting for Alan Palito to get healthy anymore. Mm hm No, we don't have.
Speaker 11: To do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Maddie's joining for the the craziness here.
Speaker 4: Oh no, where where are you? Ms Madison?
Speaker 1: So I'm actually waiting for Sophia because me and Sofia are about to make the drive down to Charlotte for the Land United Charlotte FC game.
Speaker 3: Okay, just just checking. So right now we are in we can whip around section. We are waiting to discuss at Land United and Charlotte. So we're blowing through matchups right now. We are in the eight thirties where Sporting and San Jose are going to be playing. And this is one, like I said, you need coach, You need a coach Iso cam on Peter Urmese and one on Bruce Arena, and then one with the interactions with the two of the angriest, most crotchety coaches in Major League Soccer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, you got Bruce Arena. You know he's back. You know, one of the winning best coaches in MLS for sure. I mean, I mean it shows with I mean what we saw on last week, I mean they're gonna be They're gonna be someone to watch out for it because I mean it was a beatdown.
Speaker 12: It was an absolute beatdown of a match. I mean, that one's gonna be fun. I'm excited to see that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm also excited because Brucerina is obviously back in MLS, and you know, that's just always fun to have Brucerina back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the way that we do, we can whip around obviously if there's a matchup that you don't want to talk about, basically just go skip it, nack, don't care, whatever, and we go to the matto.
Speaker 9: Here's the thing, though, what if I tell what if I told you John, do you remember what happened and I realized your I realized your brain might not be as broken as mine, and that's okay. Do you remember what happened Week one last year with Portland? No, okay, Week one last year Portland goes out and just absolutely takes a sledgehammer to someone's chest for ninety minutes. I forget who they beat, but the ex g was like one, yeah, like four or five goals on the board and it was like a really weird four or five goals. You're like, that's not happening again. But it's very funny in the moment. Yes, what if I told you that's what San Jose's life is like this year in debt, san Jose, you know, put up, put up a number for RSL and San Jose kind of lives somewhere in between that expectation and then the floor upon which they were set and they're just good, not amazing. Yeah, like like let us let us hold the reins of this let's hold let's hold the reins of this horse together before we go too crazy.
Speaker 1: Yes, boarding's got to come back from you know, obviously the lost in the in the first day, obviously to Austin, and then also now you know, losing to enter Miami and the CAUCAAFF Champions Cup. You know, they're hosting San Jose, so maybe that gives them a little bit.
Speaker 12: Of an edge.
Speaker 1: But I don't know, I don't know. I haven't seen much from them. Like I'm gonna be honest, like, I don't They're not really someone. I'm like, ooh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's not a fair one, not a point, not appointment viewing for you yet Sporting Kansas City.
Speaker 12: I mean, listen if soccer's on, I'm watching soccer, so I don't listen, you know.
Speaker 3: Like yes, that's just me. Yeah, yeah, right there with you, all right. So nine to thirty Colorado and FC Dallas. Colorado's a plus one twelve draws A plus two forty nine. Fcd's a plus two twenty nine. Does anyone Does anyone care?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I care about Colorado because I care about the Chris RMIs revenge tour.
Speaker 1: True, Yeah, I mean, yeah, I would agree. I mean they're also in the same boat. They have to bounce back from, you know, the loss to LAFC, and you know, going up against FC Dallas. You know, we saw them obviously in preseason with Atlanta United, and you know, I'm interested to see like them really really in action, especially you know, it's so funny, like the first couple of like game obviously are like basically a feeling ground of like Okay, where are things going, what pieces are gonna fit?
Speaker 6: What's not?
Speaker 1: They got the tide Saint Louis, But I don't know, like I'm just see what FC Dallas does, especially with the with you know, Luca Acosta and like seeing him more in that in that scope of thing.
Speaker 12: So I don't know, It's an interesting one for sure.
Speaker 1: And also think I think all the Otter Rapids could actually make the jump and they could possibly be someone to watch out for in the West as the as the season goes on.
Speaker 3: Certifiable pain in the you know what, Uh yes, ten thirties. We got three of them, LAFC and n y CFC. LAFC is on the minus at a minus one forty one, draws an even a plus three hundred. NYC is a plus three thirty seven. Does anybody care? That sounds like a no? All right, I'll moving.
Speaker 4: Let's fine.
Speaker 3: Portland and Austin. Portland's a plus one oh four after what happened last week, draw is a plus two eighty eight. Off on the road is a plus two twenty.
Speaker 1: I mean, Portland's got to bounce back after that really really horrible loss. I mean, also, Tommy, listen, they got a red card the game. They got a red card. You know, it makes sense, you know, like you can't really gauge too much on what happened based off that, but like, I mean, they got a bounce back in front of their home their home fans again. You know, it's kind of devastating. You know, as a fan, you walk in and you know you're expecting a good game.
Speaker 12: It's first game of the match week, and then you know you have to, you know, watch that. It's it's rough.
Speaker 3: Timber, Johnny, Uh, didn't have any any work in that for Timber.
Speaker 4: Joey, Chimber, joe Joey.
Speaker 9: God you fine, I can't protect you.
Speaker 4: No, you can't. So it's fine, Timber Jesus all right, So John, thank you.
Speaker 3: All Caps otherwise known as Saint Louis City SC goes to San Diego. My first thought is what is the turf going to be like at snap Dragon? Considering you had a double header earlier in the week for She Believes Cup and it is the San Diego FC home opener at a plus one oh two draws a plus two sixty one and All Caps is a plus two forty seven.
Speaker 1: First of all, love this snap Dragon Stadium. That is my all time favorite name now for a stadium. I love it. I read it and I just can't get over it. I think it's so fun. But I this one is interesting because I was really impressed with San Diego in week one, because you know, you get a team that's very new, especially in the expansion team, you don't really expect them to come out and put like you don't expect them to come out and put something like that in their first match. But they looked like they had been a team that has been here for a while. Like they played really well, they played very cohesively. And I mean obviously too, we can't overlook the fact that they were playing against a La Galaxy team that just isn't the same La Galaxy we saw last season that won the MLS Cup. There right now, they got to find who they are without Ricky Pouche. I think that is their biggest issue. They also don't have Paincil.
Speaker 4: Right now and Jon in Kansas, so yep, like you.
Speaker 1: Gotta like figure out who they are without them. But I mean, besides that and your stryer, I think he is going to be someone.
Speaker 12: Oh he's good. And I keep thinking back, sorry, I like gripped my hands on this year.
Speaker 1: I keep thinking back to this like one, it's the it's the second goal, it's the game winner, and I just keep thinking back to the build up, like the build up from the back and then you get, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Three passes beautiful.
Speaker 12: It is absolutely stunning. So I'm excited yea.
Speaker 3: And so Maddy is excited about Qualcomm's brand of chip chip and that's where snap Dragon comes from.
Speaker 9: So proud of you for knowing that that's what snap Dragon is.
Speaker 4: It took some research.
Speaker 9: I can't okay. I was like, did John just know that snap Dragon is the name of a processor? From God? That's what they put in phones? Like, uh, that was a really common thing, like, especially in some of the early Android phones. They were just different snap Dragon processors. Yes, So when Android phones were like a why when it wasn't just Google doing their own hardware in house and Samsung doing their own hardware in house, when you had like HTC and Motorola and Nokia like full boar.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: I had my I had my Shoot, I had the Razor, and I had the Nokia, the little handheld Nokia that looked like a walkie talkie that was about four inches tall, that had the.
Speaker 9: Did you have the push to talk one.
Speaker 3: Did not have the push to talk, but I did have the very very small remote control looking Nokia as one of my cells. Sunday we got two Vancouver who survived Soaprissa and keep scoring. They host l a G at BC plays and they are favorite at a plus one oh two draws a plus two eighty four and LAG is a plus two twenty seven.
Speaker 1: I'll actually interrupt you. We got miss Sophia Cupertino joining them. All right, she's joining, good, excellent, welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 4: Yes, Sofia's like, yeah, whatever, don't care.
Speaker 9: I didn't sign up for this.
Speaker 3: No, Sophia's like she's Sophia is gonna actually heckle. So Maddi's got a studio audience going forward for the Remainder program and so remain I got a.
Speaker 12: Drive, John, I can't. I can't be distracted.
Speaker 9: This is Georgian. We don't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, So, uh you're you're heading to the thing at Noduck correct, Yes, we are? Okay, so uh you should be getting there? Say what three o'clock for the seven o'clock start?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say, so okay, yeah, all right, well not.
Speaker 12: Not tonight because it'll be for what do you what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Didn't like a four hour drive to Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll probably get there, like you know, like three point thirty ish, especially if we like stop a.
Speaker 3: Little bit, like, isn't there Uh yeah in South Carolina?
Speaker 4: I think there is.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 12: We're going to North Carolina though, but you've.
Speaker 9: Got to go through South Carolina to get to North Carolina.
Speaker 12: Yeah that's true. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I don't I actually don't think it's on the way. I think the last time I took it. Yeah, I don't think there is one.
Speaker 4: Hang on, see we had we had the buggies me.
Speaker 3: Look, look fine, hang on, so let's let's let's solve this issue here because if if there is BUCkies, we're gonna move. You're gonna get you there, all right. So, uh no, it's in South Carolina. Okay, So you'd have to be on the other end of the state to get to Florence South area.
Speaker 12: That's what I thought, because I thought there was one.
Speaker 1: But I think just the way that we're going, like we're just going through South Carolina, like we're not going to even.
Speaker 12: Go it like that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now Florida, Florid problems with the state of North Carolina.
Speaker 3: But yes, so so is a Sophia gonna drive and you're gonna talk or are you driving?
Speaker 4: And Sophia is gonna heckle? What's the deal?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm I think she's just going to hang up and be a.
Speaker 12: Responsible Yes, Alas.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, would you like us to both give our thoughts on Lani United before we go?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yes, please, so that way you can put a bow on your conversation.
Speaker 12: Perfect. I mean, I'm excited. I think it's gonna be a ton of fun.
Speaker 1: Talking to Ronnie Diler this week at training, you know, you know, we talked about sea If Montreal you know, first half was great. If that's what we see all game against Charlotte, that's gonna be huge. But you can't allow like that lull in the game to happen again. I mean, you gotta come out ready to go. It was just very much a lack of like a lack of just defending there, you know, like you let see if Montreal come back into it. And also too, I don't want to place full blame on Atlanta. See if Montreal played really, really well, You're now going up against Charlott team that is very different in how they play, and it's gonna be a little different to see, like how the five stripes can navigate that, and how this new style that they're trying to play against Charlotte, how it's gonna fare up. Because see, if Montreal was a little bit more of like high press, we're more possession based. Charlotte is kind of a little bit not like that. So I'm interested to see how it all pits together. I think it's gonna be a really really fun game though, because especially if we get Saja.
Speaker 12: Saja might be there and he might play. We don't know, so that'll be fun.
Speaker 3: Yep, you gotta prep for it either way. So it is the game that kicks off the entire thing. Two twenty five, Saturday afternoon. Maddie and Sophia are heading up there now so they can stake their claim and annex western North Carolina for the state of Georgia for this particular matchup.
Speaker 4: Just be safe.
Speaker 3: Ladies, please and obviously follow along on all the media that is social for the two of them, and you can't miss them anywhere.
Speaker 4: What did you do? I don't know.
Speaker 12: You did this and it did fireworks?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: See, okay, so a thumbs up that two thumbs up creates fireworks on Maddie's phone.
Speaker 12: Yes, hey, it's a grand exit. John.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so two thumbs up for the both of you. So it's a thumbs up emoji and.
Speaker 9: More fire doesn't create fireworks on your end.
Speaker 4: John, No, it was not. I was trying to create it on their end.
Speaker 9: Okay, as long as you know.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we actually just like set off a couple of fireworks.
Speaker 4: Actually nice.
Speaker 9: So right at home on Tobacco Road.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you guys get to Anderson and you buy all the fireworks up, that's gonna be that's gonna be fun. So I keep an eye on all the social media for Sophia and Maddie as they head up and they're going to be part and parceled everything. So just drive safely, ladies, and we'll see you today and tomorrow on social media.
Speaker 4: Just be safe and we'll have fun and we'll hear you later. We'll do all right.
Speaker 3: There goes Maddie and Sophia. And so now that lends us to the two Sunday matchups, and that gives us the chance to talk about Vancouver briefly.
Speaker 4: And Vancouver and Lag.
Speaker 3: Vancouver favored at a plus one h two, having played last night, Lag trying to figure out their offense and figure out who's going to take over. I thought it was going to be someone like a Diego Plagundez. Hasn't quite happened yet. They're a plus two twenty seven on the road.
Speaker 9: I feel like I'm not as I feel like I'm not as worried yet about the Galaxy. What happened the other night was bad. Like it was just bad. Yeah, I don't know how else you want to call it just bad. They'll have to figure out where the magic is going to come from, since a sacer come from picky poos right now. But you still have attacking talent, yeah, Marco Rusk. You also still have the fact that San Diego was an unknown quantity of bit when the scouting report gets out, let's see what it looks like for some first time through the lineup.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm. Absolutely true.
Speaker 9: Not And this isn't to take anything away from what San Diego did because they outplayed the Galaxy. This isn't to say like, well, san Diego got lucky and don't expect that get No, like that was really damn impressive. This isn't a shot across the ballot San Diego at all.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 9: It's the first time we've really seen what those pieces look like, and it's really impressive. I want to see what everyone else does against it, and then I want to see when there's more tape on it and people start figuring out tendencies, how people adjust to it, and then how San Diego adjusts back.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's that's that's what we look for in these kinds of situations. So Vancouver favored against Lag. It's always tough for teams to travel. You got border crossings and paperwork and all this kind of stuff. So Vancouver's favored with Lag heading to BC plays.
Speaker 9: And I like Vancouver. We were talking about last night, John, I did not have Brian White becoming a Vancouver legend on my bingo card when he was just kind of scoring goals for Red Bulls, but they were kind of Red bullsy and goals. But man like I said last night, you got to get Brian White as flowers. He's been legit, man like. It's not like it's not like he just bundles home like he just like crashes the box and bundles home sloppy chances. Yeah, he's been really good for Vancouver and has made a hell of their career for himself one that anyone would give their right arm for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and considering the turnover that Vancouver's had in the off season, you lose to Armstrong and all the other goal Yeah, and so the departures that you've got to try and figure out. And so far the new coach in the system one match, limited sample size, but you're doing okay so far in both MLS and in the concak CAF hemospheric extravaganza late night or late night seven o'clock Eastern, so it means seven ten or whatever Sunday night soccer. It is Houston at Helena Schell hosting Messian Friends. And finally, the numbers flipped. Yesterday Messi and Friends were a dog. There were a dog at about a plus one sixty and the Dynamo were favored. That has flipped today in twenty four hours to wear Messi and Friends on the road or a plus one forty one, Houston is a plus one sixty eight and your draws a plus two sixty six.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's how I feel about it. Okay, Basically, this is this is now the this is the Messy Revenge Tour for when I don't know if you remember John Houston stole their US Open Cup.
Speaker 4: Why, yes they did, Thank you, Griffin Dorsey. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 9: This is this is Miami's chance at revenge.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 9: I have no idea how to read that. I had no idea what it looks like. Yeah, we shall see.
Speaker 6: Might be fun.
Speaker 9: Like I like Houston. Benny Ball's fun. Yeah, if you're if you're anti Benny Ball for whatever the hell reason, I I cannot help you.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 9: There's no reason to be anti Benny Ball. And like all those Texas teams could be fun. I mean, I think the like the one I have the most questions about is Austin. And it's not that I think Austin will be bad. It's just we just didn't really know because they were changing.
Speaker 3: So much, bringing all the dps, including Open Cup hero Brandon Vasquaz and you're you're you're dropping, you're dropping a lot of coin on folks that you're in anticipating an instant return on. By the way, the over under three and a half is where everything flips from a negative to a positive. The three and a half is a plus one forty six, and that it goes up from there.
Speaker 9: By the way, also to that point. You also have the fact that Miami has to sort out the Julian Gressell thing. Yeah, because Julian Brussel was not part of the eighteen last weekend. He was part of the eighteen for Champions Cup. Yes, for the hemispheric extravaganza. Yet's describe it. He was part of that. But he doesn't look like he's going to factor into these plans for this club with his manager.
Speaker 4: But what does that look like exactly?
Speaker 9: So I don't like, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's part of this, this part of it right now. So we'll bring in the third the third member. Who was the third man?
Speaker 4: It's Jason Man.
Speaker 9: Once again, Bobby Heenan just completely ruins that entire bit.
Speaker 4: Is he the third man?
Speaker 9: Who's is he on? So he just completely ruins what was gonna be What was an amazing heel turn. What could have been better if Bobby Heenan had just kept his damn mouth.
Speaker 3: Shut shut up, Bobby Heenan exactly the first time in his life.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 3: So we had gone through everything else, Jason, with all the other matchups, and we were talking about Sunday night soccer involving Houston and Messi and Friends and what it might look like. The numbers flipped in twenty four hours from Messi and Friends being an actual dog to now being a favorite at a plus one forty one.
Speaker 10: Yeah, people woke up to uh putting juice boxes on that one. I'm assuming because look, Miami should be the favorite. They were the best team in the league last year. They're really good. You know, they had a red card in Week one and they still came back and got a point out of that.
Speaker 11: This is a good team.
Speaker 10: I do wonder about the pile up of Conker caf minutes on a team that is a little bit older, and when they start to rotate, how they do that. They Cavalier sc which is a look a fairly comfortable round the sixteen matchup for them, and they get the first leg at home. So do you rotate a little bit here and just try to take care of business in the midweek. It'll be on Thursday so they have a little bit of extra time, or do you rotate next week? You know, we'll just have to wait and see how all of that plays out. But I really like this Houston team. I really like Jack McGlenn, I like what they can be. This is a big opportunity for them to plant their.
Speaker 3: Flag, no doubt about it. And that'll be Sunday Night Soccer on Apple TV. But we saved talking about it Landy United and the road trip to Charlotte for your appearance here in the last X number of minutes. How many minutes do we have you by the way, ten to twelve? Okay, so we'll take ten to twelve minutes.
Speaker 9: About a stoppage time? Great?
Speaker 4: Yes, So basically, Jared, go ahead and lead off with Jason. What's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Well, don't worry. Maddy got off the field under ten seconds so we could bring Jason in. Yeah, it was important. We had to drive that point home with her going into this game. I know the Zaha thing is the talking point for a guy who might only feature and might not start. So let's focus on the other things that we know will happen aside from Azimn being an absolute water buffalo of a person. What do you worry about in terms of the Houston offense, the Charlotte offense, the Charlotte office. Jesus Christ. Sorry, we were talking about Houston before you came on.
Speaker 10: So yeah, we're not worried about Houston. Yet maybe we won't get the MLS Cup. We'll see Atlanta and Houston. I mean with Charlotte, look, Ozimon is a huge factor. He's one of the top forwards in the league, and I think this is a year where he should become recognized as such. There's nobody in his way in Charlotte anymore. Two players that have always seemingly had big games against Atlanta United le al Abada and Ashley Westwood. I think those are two very very important players, especially Westwood in those transition moments. I think this will be a game that has a ton of those, whether it's Charlotte getting played through in the middle of the park as we saw Seattle do a few times, playing Jordan Morrison behind Latte Lott would like to see that. Miguel al Maroon would like to see that. T Saba Loo Genizza would like to see that.
Speaker 9: But I think when.
Speaker 10: Atlanta steps up to press high, they're gonna have to be better connected than they were against Montreal.
Speaker 11: At times.
Speaker 10: Montreal was able to take advantage of gaps between the lines, and that's something Atlanta's gonna have to be very aware of. As the game goes on. I think it's a communication issue. I think it's an experience playing together issue. If Almron La de la Saba step up high and press Miranchuk, either joining them or sitting right behind him, sometimes the wingers will sit a little bit back and it'll be more four four two. However that plays out when they go high, the midfield has to go high with them.
Speaker 11: The back line has to go high with them.
Speaker 10: When they don't, it's far too easy for a team to beat the first line and then have an kind of odd man rush situation. You've got to avoid those areas and when the back line needs everybody to drop a little bit more, that communication has to be there. I think if Derek Williams is able to start, that communication will be better. I think when you look at the back line last week and you have Ronald Hernandez who is very vocal on the left side, you have Luisa Bram who is not very vocal. You have Stean Gregorson who's inconsistently vocal, and you have Met Edwards making a first MLS start.
Speaker 9: The communication wasn't where.
Speaker 11: It needed to be.
Speaker 10: I would hope if Derek Williams is able to start that would improve, and you want to see other players kind of take on some of those leadership situations and speak up a little bit and if you know, look you need to catch your breath, yell at the wingers to come back and sit more in a four to four to two and have Miranchuk and Latte lot be the pressure that is a little softer. I think the other thing too, and Jared we talked about it a good bit in the Dallas game. I thought they pressed so well there without getting over committed at times against Montreal, and this is something that we've seen in home games at Mercedes Benz Stadium. You get so jacked up because of that crowd that you go and chase things, and you go and over commit in situations where you don't need to. I liked how they pressed in preseason where it wasn't as much getting stuck in for tackles and trying to win the ball on the first attempt high up the field. It was take the passing lanes away, make the opponent either play backwards, where then you can amplify the pressure or force a more difficult pass because you're taking passing options away and you win the ball that way. I think that's the more effective way and a little more controlled. I think we might see that on the road more, where the crowd will affect you, but not in the And I know it's not negative that the home crowd gets you so jacked up and amped up, but it can make you make some bad decisions at times, and I think on the road you.
Speaker 4: Won't have that.
Speaker 10: In this you'll have a different kind of pressure, and I think it might suit Atlanta a little bit better.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask, how far back is the record where the road team has won in this series.
Speaker 4: Atlanta's one up there to last two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you have the three the three goal shal lacking two years ago, and then you had last year where Jay got the game winner, where Atlanta outplayed well Atlanta and barrass Charlie in Charlotte.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and then Charlotte one and Mercedes Benz and triggered a whole series of events. So look, it's it's these the road teams the last what four times? Then ye have once two times, last two games, just two years, sorry sorry, last two years, last four games. Yeah, it's it's been. It's an interesting one because there'll be a lot of people in the building. You know, I I hear the conversation out of Charlotte, and I hear the conversation out of some other folks, like, ah, forty five thousand tickets sold as of yesterday, that's that's disappointing. Man, What a world we live in When it's disappointing, you know, like, they're gonna be fine, They're gonna have a big crowd. It'll be fifty thousand plus, no question. Yeah, that's not a disappointment in anybody's book. But there'll be a lot of Atlanta United fans there, and that's something where you know, we talked about it a lot last year. Being at home is pressure in a very different way. And I think at times, with these kinds of crowds, being at home and trying to entertain and again maybe over committing, over extending yourself, at times it can be hard to deal with.
Speaker 9: And I think it takes.
Speaker 10: A really top team to be able to manage that. At home, rise to the occasion, entertain your fans, because there's an obligation. Look, you got fifty thousand in the building, there's an obligation to put on a show.
Speaker 9: You got sixty five.
Speaker 3: Nope, no, oh, I think we lost folks, Jarrett. You here, Jason, we lost them all.
Speaker 4: This is just me.
Speaker 3: I guess, okay, that's Jarrett. What you there, Jason. I don't know what happened. I legitimately do not know what happened. Jason was in the middle of a conversation and uh, there goes Jarrett. So I think Jarrett might try and log back on.
Speaker 4: No, And so.
Speaker 3: Jason's in the middle of a great point and then something happened. I blame technology. I blame me. Okay, I blame me. I don't know what happened. So Jason was in the middle of a great point and about fifty thousand folks being there, and I know that there's going to be a lot of you there, and yeah, Ricky's like, couldn't the how just spend the weekend child bonding? Yeah, well, I'm it's uh, it will be interesting to see how many minutes he plays. All right, so Jarrett, take two, take two. Wow, I don't know what happened. Yeah, Hi, Right, It's like Jason was in the middle of the point about fifty thousand folks and then it's like silent, and then you weren't and he wasn't, and I'm like, and then who then who am I here?
Speaker 9: By?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Well, and now he's back. I don't know what happened. I blame technology. You were on a great point about fifty thousand folks.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I guess I got too excited and my phone overheated for a minute.
Speaker 11: So we'll try not to have that happen.
Speaker 9: Did he catch though?
Speaker 11: It did not catch on fire?
Speaker 3: But I'm also in the cult now and I'm a little disappointed that it overheated and dropped me from the line. But that's what happens when you're talking about big crowds and all these things.
Speaker 4: So look, you gotta handle it.
Speaker 10: You got you gotta deal with it and manage putting on a show with getting results and following the game plan.
Speaker 11: We'll see if Charlotte can deal.
Speaker 10: With that, because I think the discussion for them was really similar to what it was here in Atlanta. After what's a good result? You know, you go to Seattle and you get a point. That's a really good result. But there was a lot of disappointment in the way the team played on the whole Atlanta night. He gets a win at home, good result, A lot of disappointment about how that second half went. So it's two teams that are gonna want to not just get the result, but to play better. And I'm curious which way of playing wins out.
Speaker 3: Jared, what else is on your mind with Jason before we get out of here, before he gets out of here first?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess in looking at at what went wrong for them in that Seattle game and looking at the way this team is constructed, how much does that game getting stretched out in the speed become a potential problem for a team in Charlotte who.
Speaker 9: Let's be honest, it might not might not sit on the ball as much as other teams that were you might see.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm really curious to see how Charlotte plays this because I think if they play too high of a line defensively, they're gonna get shredded. And we've seen that before in this matchup, and Atlanta's faster than they've been before. So you think back to Caleb Wiley's big day in Charlotte, You've gotta be aware of that if you are Charlotte FC. So does that mean Dean Smith concedes because possession a little bit more? Does that mean that he sits a little bit deeper and looks to play on the counter, as they've had success at Mercedes Benz Stadium. I would think that would make sense, but then you're back to that whole conversation about the obligation to entertain. I'm very curious to see how Dean Smith approaches it. If Tim reams at left back, that can create a little bit of a green light situation for Atlanta to run at him.
Speaker 11: But you're talking about Matt Edwards having the confidence to.
Speaker 10: Do it, and he's gonna need to get high up the field because we know al Maroon's gonna cut inside.
Speaker 11: So you need to get a little more width in this game.
Speaker 10: If you're Atlanta to take advantage off Charlotte, sits back deeper. If Charlotte plays a high line, look for the ball over the top, look for the through ball all day long.
Speaker 11: Make them drop and then you can play.
Speaker 10: It might be one of those games, Jared, where Charlotte is a little conservative early on, you try to play over the top and you force them further back. Miranschuk might not touch the ball often for the first ten to fifteen to twenty minutes, but once you force them back, then he's gonna have a lot of space to play, and I think that's a cycle that we'll see Atlanta do a good bit this season where you just scare the Bejesus out of the opponent with that ball over the top and latte a lot speed and then they drop and then you can play to Miranschuk with a lot of space around him.
Speaker 3: All right, one more question before you get out here comes from Ricky. How do the center backs properly defend ou Jamunk.
Speaker 10: You're not gonna shut him down entirely, it's just impossible.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 10: You want to find the balance of having help without taking away help from other talented players. I mean, Carowin, Vargas, Lee Labada, pet Biel. You don't want them in one v one situations. Wilfrid Za when he comes on, you don't want him in one v one situations. So you want to have that balancing act between as Gregorson talked about this week, kind of bracketing him, and that might be Sleep dropping back a little bit to be in front of Ajimon on long ball situations, for example, and having somebody behind him. But you don't want the two center backs to be in that spot too. Often because then you don't have cover, and you got to make sure you have cover. We've seen that Lee Labada have big days against Atlanta.
Speaker 11: You don't want to get him going.
Speaker 10: Zaha's gonna play, I would assume. I just don't know how much you know. Can he start and give you forty five? Does it come off the bench and give you more like thirty? When he comes in, you're gonna have to be aware of that. And he's going to run at people all day. So you can't get so focused on Ajimon that you do it at the expense of being disciplined and responsible defensively.
Speaker 11: It's not Eavey.
Speaker 10: I think maybe the more important thing is you think a lot about how you deny service and you don't let the ball get played into Ajimon.
Speaker 11: And that's gonna be through the pressure.
Speaker 10: You know, if you're gonna have moments where you step up and press and are committed, the entire group has to be committed. You can't be fifty to fifty in the kind of pressure that Atlanta United wants to use.
Speaker 11: Defensively, You've got.
Speaker 10: To all go and knowing that ball could get played over the top and you're gonna be running and chasing Gregorson can run and chase.
Speaker 11: He's got the ability, he's got the pace to do it.
Speaker 10: But you've got to be fully committed to whatever that individual sequence of play is. And you can't get too hung up on Ajimon and lose Abata and lose bl who I really like, Pep bl and lose Zaha when he's on the field. You can't let them get one v one situations to try to deal so much with Ajimon.
Speaker 3: All right, I know you've got to get out of here. Travel playing plans in Charlotte and broadcast plans tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Travel plans will be making the trip up to Charlotte on the very long flight from Atlanta to Charlotte. That'll be coming up in a little bit this afternoon tomorrow. Pregame coverage we'll start at one o'clock on ninety two nine the game and the Audissey app a, Gordon Nick Aleefy on the pregame show. Mike Conti and myself will be in Charlotte. We'll catch up with Garth loggerway around one thirty ish a little bit before that. Kick off isn't until two twenty five. Thanks to our friends at Fox we'll have the call, we'll have the postgame show, Nick and Abe, we'll be back in the studio.
Speaker 11: We'll have audio from Charlotte.
Speaker 10: From myself and from Madison Cruz, and then.
Speaker 11: We'll be all making our way back to Atlanta. Make sure you're following soccer down here as well.
Speaker 10: We'll have photos from Sophia Coopertino and lots of commentary from the crew.
Speaker 3: As always, it's great to hear from you, my friend. Just be safe and have a great call, be listening why and all the things will catch up with you soon.
Speaker 4: Audio to everybody there goes d os for Jason.
Speaker 3: So Jason catches the the the incredibly long flight from Atlanta to Charlotte.
Speaker 4: And uh, hey, that's a hole man, it is that is true. I will admit this about Douglas International.
Speaker 3: It is one of the first airports that I saw in all of my travel in my history where there were stores that sold intimate items in an airport, and that was at Douglas.
Speaker 4: That was the first place I saw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like, okay, this is an odd this is odd stuff to sell in an airport.
Speaker 4: And they all.
Speaker 9: Brought to you back and brought to you by American airlines because A is a hub up there, and like, if you want to fly out of Charlotte usually.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you fly in either AA or uh you know, uh freaking US are a Time and United. But yeah, it isn't a American hub.
Speaker 9: But yeah, you tell the children about Value Jet.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh my god, Uh so that was a yeah, that too, granof all of those. But yeah, and Douglas International is not a metropolitan airport.
Speaker 4: It is it is.
Speaker 3: It is in the forest. I mean, it's like when you're when you're flying into Charlotte, you see downtown Charlotte and you're like, oh, there's a lot of green space between downtown and the airport. So yeah, there's it is not it is not right in the international area of the downtown area or close to functioning businesses there. But yeah, first place I ever saw intimates for sale inside of an airport was in Charlotte. Uh do not, So I don't know. Uh, let's see Hid to Ricky, Hi to David, and Hi to Alex Hid Jordan. Jordan is going to be heading up there. Jordan's also got his predictions, bitch for not just this match, but the Sunday matches as well, Jared, what else is on your mind?
Speaker 4: Mind? Are you irish? Goodbye at some point?
Speaker 9: Probably? Okay, that's just kind of the way the nature of the universe is and all that jazz. Yeah, I guess the rest of it is, you know, fun weekend. Again, My concert reminder is to still remember that we don't know what teams are necessarily gonna look like because of the the Internet, the hemispheric extravaganza that it is. Yeah, you know, so don't don't read these early season games, especially for teams that are playing in the Hemispheric Extravaganza twenty two far into the results. Yes, it's gonna be okay, and it's a long season.
Speaker 3: Yes, so the the the randomness of what happens, just because it happens in a small sample size does not mean that it is going to be a continued sample and then anticipation of.
Speaker 4: Results for the twenty twenty five season. So uh, it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Yes, get your fantasy lineups in, get your fantasy pick, your fantasy pick, your fantasy pick, your fantasy get that too, and I might have to look at it and a just and see if there's anything. Yes, and Ricky with the PSA and Jared with the PSA about fantasy lineups as well, So uh yes, yes, yes, yeah, Ropes they are. Nick is a part of the rotation this year. Ropes is like they're letting Nick on the radio. They absolutely are, And that's part of the rotation for nine game and the Odyssey app this year is that it's going to be a cast of thousands and it's gonna be Jared when he can, Nick when he can, Maddie on road games, and me and the home games as many of those as humanly possible. So now it's gonna be fun this year, and Abe's gonna Abes's head's gonna have to be on a swivel trying to figure out, okay, who's who's with me this week and then have to dance with all that. But no, it's been it's been fun so far, and thankful for everyone that was involved in that process to unleash the hounds, as it were, and unleash the fury. So we're all in your ears when it comes to pre and post this year. So very very cool stuff on that in that regard. But yeah, they are letting Nick on the radio, so very very cool stuff there. Let me see if there's like news and things. I'm trying to think if there's anything else that's on the board that I might have missed this morning. Heading in Brighton apparently has as printed for twenty three twenty four a massive profit the neighborhood of is seventy four million pounds. Liverpool, on the other side, they recorded a fifty seven million pound loss after missing Champions League. So for Brighton a lot of it had to do with selling players like Moist's Cacedo, And for Liverpool, you invest in all that stuff, you don't make Champions League and you get the prices right, loser horn when it comes to your bottom line.
Speaker 9: Look, my favorite thing has been someone pointing out that that Liverpool very likely to win the Premier League with like with like fifteen fewer points than Klopp had when he lost it. Yes's watching this like pulling his hair out. It's not to take anything away from smooth and what he's done, but likes like, yah, we put up ninety something points and couldn't win the damn league. He might win it with eighty five.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that I mean that shows you where the pack is coming. And it's like not the top is coming back to the pack as opposed to the other way around. Ricky has a question a better invasion SDH or WCW.
Speaker 9: Well, we haven't hamstrung the We haven't hamstrung a bunch of people in the on on our side of the invasion yet uh And man, Vince hamstrung a lot of the WW people. Yes, like, go back and look at what they like DDP was was so far over it wasn't even funny. In w CW. Go look at what Vince did with him in WWE like didn't know what like Russo screwed up a lot of things WW in the Nine Days. Go look at like how they just but go look at how w W butchered the deployment of a number of the w CW stars. And that doesn't and this isn't to say Goldberg, because Goldberg, like Bill Bill Goldberg, had like three moves and one of them was into that guy's career.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. And just ask Brett hard about that.
Speaker 9: Brett will tell you. You don't have to ask him. He'll tell you I'm prompting. Hell yeah, he'll volunteer that information. Brother, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Man, Like w.
Speaker 9: WW butchered a bunch of those ww guys who could have been not to say like you could you would have like had them being the best of the best and guys carrying the company for fifteen years. But you had guys who could have been really valuable pieces for w W E they just they just am fested it man.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That that and the uh that in the when E c W was bought out and you tried to do the the invasion angle with them too.
Speaker 4: So I mean it was it was it was an adventure to say the very least. Uh. So, what are your plans this weekend, sir?
Speaker 9: I have children's birthday parties for the next two weekends, including my own. So there's that.
Speaker 4: M yeah, okay, god speak, God speak challenger.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's that's so. Actually, I won't be at the game next weekend because I will be uh we'll be executing my own child's birthday party.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well okay, so so yeah, so how was your child's birthday party? How are you How do you feel about the execution of your child's birthday party?
Speaker 9: I'm for right, yeah, like, well, next weekend, I'll see what happens. Yeah, so that's like my next two weeks are my child's birthday, other people's children's birthday, so that that's that's pretty and then like soccer when I can, yes, that that is my existence right now, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so and mine will be once again Monday Tuesday. Everything's normal. Then Wednesday, Thursday Friday from the Hotel Room in Macon, so that is that is normal. We still have some news and some updates to get into. But since Jarrett was talking scheduling, it is Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from the Hotel Room in Macon. Basketball Championships, So I won't even be at the Red Bulls and Atlanta United match because I will be in Macon for the last day of the High School Basketball Championships on GPP, So that'll be That'll be all that is paired up with that. But no, so morning show will be normal. The only thing we're still trying to figure out next week is in session and how that might.
Speaker 9: Have to have Maddie crept my credential for me because I still don't have it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was sick.
Speaker 9: Last weekend and and then you know, not being there next weekend because of the birthday party. I have to have somebody crab.
Speaker 4: My credential for me still have it. Yes, absolutely true.
Speaker 3: By the way, the Liverpool lost, they paid Clop and his staff nine point six million pounds out the door, so almost twenty percent of the fifty seven million pound loss was paying Jurgen Clop in the salaries. So all of that Will Morning Russo and Donn holding WWE back still went crazy. Imagine people knew what they were doing instead of watching Yes, uh and uh so Ricky, it gets May in June and for us it is June and so yeah club World Cup and then it's like birthdays and everything. So all of that that that is a part of it, all right. So other news and things before we get out of here. We mentioned Liverpool reporting that fifty seven million pound loss paid Klop and his staff nine point six million pounds as a part of that deal. Kevin Thelwell, the director of football at Everton, is leaving the club as a part of the restructuring when his contract expires at the end of the season. Freedkin Group are looking to put their own stamp on the club. The Premier League is also stepping up their war with the players Union. According to The Times in Matt Lawton and Martin Ziggler, when you got more than one byline, that's never good news. Lawton and Ziggler ready to escalate the legal battle with the PFA, so this month, the PFA issued a legal threat to the Premier League, challenging the proposed introduction of the new financial rules, which could include a system that limits how much clubs can spend on transfer fees, agent fees and player wages. The union, which has the support of United and CITE, accused the league of a flagrant breach of an agreement in which the PFA must be consulted on matters that impact players pay in conditions under a body which has been in place for decades called the Professional Football Negotiation at a Consultative Committee, the PFNCC. The committee comprises reps of the PFA, the FA, and the Premier League in the EFL, but at a meeting of the clubs in the Premier League last week, Richard Masters said it may now consider leaving the PFNCC. It was the body was established to protect players, ensuring that substantive changes to player contracts and conditions cannot be made unilaterally, giving each organization represented on the committee the right of veto. But Masters told the clubs the dispute with the PFA may have to be resolved in arbitration, with the Premier League challenging the Players Union's rights to veto. Masters then said if such a move failed, quitting the committee altogether would be an option that they could consider. It's also understood that Masters reminded clubs the Premier League remains the principal funder of the Players Union, with the present five year deal thought to be worth an excess of twenty five million pounds a season. So among the proposed changes to the rules is the anchoring system, under which no Premier League club would be permitted to spend more on wages, transfers and agent fees then a multiple of the broadcast and prize money earned by the club who finished at the bottom of the league. That multipliers thought to be five times, and there was a desire to run it from next season, only for cities legal victory in the sponsorship rules to ruin any chance of that they're going to run in shadow. Eighteen clubs voted in favor of the trial, the two Manchester clubs voted against it, and those clubs and there may be others joining them see anchoring as a further means of trying to limit spending as well as impacting the players, and that once was blocked once before, back in twenty twenty one, so that you got involving the Premier League and the players' union, So you got to keep an eye on that going forward as well. Also other news once again will do gossip, bermannu indo, what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it, all those kinds of things before we get out of here. A lot of folks are now saying, after what happened yesterday watching Lester that they're probably going to get relegated, not a surprise, that they really don't have a whole lot of a whole lot of offense and it's, you know, it's kind of a painful watch. Sorry, Nick's Jose Mourinho banned and fined thirty five thousand pounds for his comments after the Istanbul Darby. Fenerbace manager Jose Mourinho handed a four match penalty after what he said in the after the Galatasarai match, who accused the Portuguese coach of making racist statements. Mourinho had said the Galatasarai bench were quote jumping like monkeys end quote following an early challenge, and also said the fixture was better for being refereed by Slovenian slavco vincage rather than Turkish officials after both clubs requested a foreign appointment. Following the accusations of racism. Did he a drog but came to the defense of his old coach and his dad as he refers to him.
Speaker 4: Mourinho so.
Speaker 3: A Drogba came to his coach's defense. On social media, Galatasarai had outlined their intention remember to initiate criminal proceedings concerning the racist statements made by Jose. Mourinho claimed he made derogatory statements directed toward the Turkish people. Thursday, the Turkish Football Fed released decisions taken by their disciplinary board imposing sanctions on the boss for two separate, separate disciplinary matters. Marinho had the TFF said, come to the referees room and directed his derogatory and offensive statements in quotation marks toward the fourth official, who was Turkish. The Portuguese coach also quote accused Turkish football of chaos and disorder with insulting the offensive statements towards both the Turkish football community and all Turkish referees end quote period, actions and statements that insulted the brand value of football activities taken into consideration decision of a two match ban from both the dressing room and touchline, as well as a fine of one hundred and seventeen thousand Turkish lira or the equivalent of twenty five hundred pounds and so the post match press conferences the TFF came out with another statement as such, a fine of a million and a half Turkish lira imposed alongside the other two mansan so not in the dugout for Antalia Spor, Samson Sport Buldrum and traps On Spor. Galatasaray, who lead Fenerbacchi by six at the top of the Super League would add a fifth start to the crest if they secure a twenty fifth league title this season. Man, there's a lot to that. I'm trying to see if there's anything else that I have missed.
Speaker 4: Let's see.
Speaker 3: The European Commission has confirmed the spanishly complaint over Manchester City that we talked about in the first half hour of the show, and apparently the pressure is increasing on rud van Nisselroy after the Lester loss yesterday, let's see women's football, European football. We had the drogwak comment. Okay, what's to watch? Where to watch it, how to watch it? Gossip, rumor and innuendo. Before we get out of here, we'll let you know what's going on on your Friday, all right. Marcus Rashford apparently is up for a permanent move to Villa, prepared to turn the g Ananuary loan into one that's reported by the Three Letter Paper. Take the information at your own peril. Barsa and Byron also keeping tabs on Rashford. Liverpool have a growing interest in Alexander Isach. Arsenal remained keen on a move for him as well. Arsenal may have to sell Andro Troussard or Gabriel Martinelli to fund a summer rebuild, both players' targets for clubs in the league that we neither condone, endorsement or promote. Victor Osimhen is keen on a transfer to Manchester United, although they will need to overcome a couple of other clubs. Who's inn oceman is on lone at Galatasara from Napoli. Manchester United prepared to offload Rasmus Hoyland to get Osamhen it's from Kaucho Marcato. Chelsea remained keen on the possibility of signing Dortmund winger Kareem at A Yemi, who's valued at forty five million Europe. Also, Manchester City keen to sign a keeper to replace Ederson. They're in talks with Porto over a move for Diego Costa. Bayern Munich have with drawn their offer of a new contract to Yoshua Kimmick after becoming frustrated with his hesitant to extend the deal. Barcelona expressed an interest in Rafa Lao. Newcastle pursuing a deal to sign Burnley keeper James Trafford. And we mentioned the whole idea about the two separate transfer windows, because you can't do ninety minutes as a block. You could have an exceptional window with the club World Cup and you could have a second one that is attached to that as well. Now, Soccer America, what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it. We'll let you know what's going on and what it can be like today because tomorrow it's going to be all MLS all the time, I would imagine.
Speaker 4: So here we go and Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ricky says he's found that Rashford has found something really good at Villa.
Speaker 4: He should stay all right.
Speaker 3: Being and being an Espanyal have a Lega ONUNT two forty five Monico on reems. If you don't have all the bens, Taysay Newest tell A CEO for the fans. Lega one Lega one Max Pro all the buddy at Nino Torresic Gold TV. You can get it at Finates FNTZ, dot Co slash Soccer down here. Helps out the show, and it help helps out the network, helps out them, helps out us, and it really does continue to turn you into a true degenerate watching things from all around the planet.
Speaker 4: Jason got me hooked.
Speaker 3: I blame him being an espanol a simulcasting ESPN Deporte says via the lead Los Palmas at three Fox Deportis has the league that we neither can done. Endorse Norm promoted to o'clock, Al Nasser is playing it too. Two to an Alliga, Mki's at ten o'clock, Mazatlan and CRUs Asoul on the plus the Belgian Pro League, including a matchup with Charle Ra and Yank It to forty. Villa and Cardiff on the FA Cup will go through the juice boxes in a second.
Speaker 4: That's at three.
Speaker 3: Bundesliga Stuttgart and Bayern it two twenty Bundesliga b do Fortuna dusldor from Gruth to Firth at twelve thirty by the leading lost Palmis is at three, Paramount plus has Siria Fiorentina and Letcha at two forty five.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now FA Cup odds and things.
Speaker 3: Villa big favorite today against Cardiff at of minus five hundred four. Matches Tomorrow two at seven fifteen in the morning if you're up that early. Crystal Palace big favorite against Millwall. Millwall's basically a plus one thousand. Preston North End is a dog at home to Burnley. Burnley's a plus one twenty nine. Preston North End theo plus two forty three ten o'clock Bournemouth hosting Wolves at a minus one thirty three twelve forty five. Manchester City a minus sixteen sixty seven in the composite as they host Plymouth Argyle on Sunday two. Matches eight forty five. Newcastle favored of a plus one fourteen against Brighton at a plus two eleven Manchester United at a plus one forty two favored against Fulham at a plus one eighty eight. Monday Night FA Cup Nottingham Forest and Ipswich Forest is a minus one forty one. Ipswich a plus three sixty five ninety minute draw is a plus two eighty nine. Catch your breath now also on the board, and let's see what did we miss? Okay, tricky transfer of veto Roque, according to the Athletic, leaving Barsolt for Paul Maris a twenty one million pound fee will turn a profit on the striker. And figures released by US Soccer revealed that the women's national team head coach black Coo and Danofski earned a higher summer at a higher salary in his last nine months on the job than Greg Burholter. So that's out there as well, and that is at the Athletics. So I think that takes care of everything for a Friday. Remember tonight, tonight tonight whoa it is your activity with high school soccer presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente, and with the Kaiser Permanente and our high school soccer coverage, it is going to be West Fordscyth at Lambert the matches at six and eight and I'll have those for you on our Mixler channel Soccer down here dot Mixler dot com. It'll be good to catch up with those two programs once again. Six o'clock for the girls, eight o'clock for the boys. Soccer down here dot Mixler dot com, and we'll have those two matches for you as a part of our high school coverage. Next week, we're going to have Harrison and Walton. That one is on Tuesday from Raider Valley. We'll have that doubleheader for you, and we might have another game as well on the fourth.
Speaker 4: We'll keep an eye out for that one.
Speaker 3: Remember the GA one hundred project is going on I think Tuesday in Dalton. We might have a match that's tied to that city. Keep your ears out posted for that. But Drew Dickinson will be on the call for Harrison and Walton on Tuesday with those matchups at Raider Valley, assembling that information as we go, So once again, keep an eye out. Maybe more than one broadcast going on with our high school coverage presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente. Thanks again to West Versai. Thanks again to Lambert for having us be there and letting us broadcast the matches tonight tomorrow. Remember it is one o'clock pre game ninety two nine the game in the Odyssey app. It is Abe, it is Nick, and they are going to be the lead in for Mike and Jason and Madison Cruise will be there as well Sophia Coupertino. You saw Maddie and Sophia in the car on their way up to Charlotte, and so it will be fun to hear what's going on in that particular rivalry. How many minutes will Wilford Zaha play, That's the big question. We'll see what the answer is there as Atlanta takes on Charlotte to twenty five kick. So a bit of an elongated pregame show that'll be on ninety two in the Game of the Odyssey app post match it will be Nick and Abe as well, and then we'll have Abe on on Monday morning and everything starts a new So thanks to all of you for yet another great week of doing everything here on SDCH and hanging out with us, all the great conversation, all the great guests.
Speaker 4: That we've had.
Speaker 3: So we've had Abe Bart Tyler will Pologic the play by play voice for Charlotte, FC, Nino, Nico and Jason. That's been the week, letting you know what's going on here around the planet at the SDH network. So since it is the end of the week, that means one thing and one thing only and mucha plati, all play it safe and just be safe. Both hands on the wheel and enjoy your weekend. Early kick tomorrow is it Land United leads off Charlotte, would you plot to all plate safe at the end of the week.
Speaker 4: That means we get to do this.
Speaker 1: The war was ah.
Speaker 2: The keys on the typewriter had sharp points that kept sticking into our fingers. The dictating equipment started asking us questions and our papers sends. Electric shocks just threw our body like a cattle prod out in the warehouse. The trucks kept banging into the docks, not even thinking about stopping.
Speaker 13: Our frail bodies were strapped to the chairs, and our chairs were chained.
Speaker 9: To the desks.
Speaker 13: Our please for justice were ignored, and the end seemed near. But we busted our slave drivers. Little bitty balls we've judged higher, breakfatress. The streets are
Speaker 2: Horsby Gods, Yes, Friday, Friday, Frida,