Speaker 1: Ross and I right after the show, I record a promo right and part of that is do we have any guest scheduled? What stories do I think will roll over? What will still be of interest? And you know, this week it's it's drones and pardons. Really, I mean, that's really what's driving things. So admittedly, that's kind of what I predicted on. We got obviously some state stuff with the you know, the lawsuits are coming now, and we had the you know, Cooper and Stein had their little press conference yesterday. Stein's trying to figure out if he'll try to block Tom Homan and immigration folks in North Carolina. I'd like to see that. It's not really up to him, but you know, you gotta have a press conference. He look tough there, so I will give him credit. He didn't come out and say he would, so maybe he's going to be smarter than some of his counterparts on this. I mean, don't get me wrong. They'll still there's still be wild protests and he'll probably go walking around like Roy Cooper did. These are my predictions. But what I did not have in my bingo card yesterday was this.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 3: I testified falsely against them by saying that they raped, mean when they didn't.
Speaker 1: That's Crystal Mangum remember her? Remember her? Ross? Were you here when that happened? I was not. I missed it by a little bit. Were you already in North Carolina when that happened? Maybe not in Raleigh, but maybe it's your other gig. I'm trying to remember what year. I honestly can't remember. Yeah, well, duke across here, hold on it looked this up. It's probably in this story, but I'm remember at my audio page, it's easier across right eight. Okay, well not rape. So that would have been two thousand and six. Two thousand and six, Yeah, I was in I was in Minneapolis at that time. So but obviously, even even broadcasting up there, it was you know, it was basically the top story. But what was a lot more fascinating is then coming to North Carolina? Was that twenty ten? January twenty ten we launched, Yeah, something like that coming to North Carolina and talking to people lay This is why I tell folks if there's a story going on. And Twitter's very helpful with this a lot of times, but you can just do this with a simple search. If there's a story going on, and it's one that's got a bunch of layers. It's always, in my opinion, it's always much more fascinating as an extra angle to go to figure out whatever the local TV and newspapers and radio and whatever is in that market and listen to their reporting and read it and consume it. A lot of times provided vastly more information that, for whatever reason, not that some of them might be partisan, don't get picked up by the national media. So you know, you may be living somewhere watching a story unfold, and I'm sure we can cite examples, and then all of a sudden you see the national reporting, You're like, do they even have a person here? I think maybe Hurricane Helene might be a good example of that. So local reporting's crazy. That being said, I did consume some of the local reporting because that's the way I do things, and it looked every bit is bad. And like the eighty eight professors who signed the leg because this is, by the way, is this is why I laughed when they do all this stuff to Trump, because this is like this old thing that they love to do. All right, Well, we have fifty one intelligence officials that say that that laptop is a Russian disinformation which and of itself was a disinformation thing. So a certain amount of irony there, I guess, but that's really how it felt here. And we had some we had some media in North Carolina, and we had some politicians, and we had some activists. Probably should apologize today because you all were Mike knife on. So that's what I want to do today. I want to provide that opportunity for you to apologize need be, So I'll let you know how we're going to do that. Set up the secret apology phone line or something. Yeah, just absolute lunacy, man, But I want to provide that opportunity on the show today. If you were one of these media folks who got you know, over your skis, or you are a politician who decided you were going to go use this to advance your career and destroy people's lives who were merely accused of something and also accused of something that the whole thing seem like it just didn't sit right with the narrative that prosecutors were wanting. I'm going to provide you the opportunity on the show to apologize today. So if you want to call in today, and be like, oh, I got it wrong, I got it wrong. We'll allow that for you. Get that off your soul. Save for the soul, as they say, cleanse, cleanse the guilt that must live within you for destroying and maybe not accomplishing the full destruction, but really doing so for their formative years, the lives of these young men, because they happen to be pro bros, right or you know, the rich frat looking dudes. You know, all the people that you really detested. And he didn't like it because they went to Duke and they probably had some money, and they were good at sports, and they were you know, decent looking guys and that was enough. That's you know, that is the that's the way we do things in this country. Man, build people up and then tear them down. If you think they're at a stage higher than you. It's to eat the rich mentality. And they were willing to do it. And of course then you had the racial component. It wasn't just socioeconomic. It wasn't rich you know, Duke students who hired a stripper who's just trying to make ends meet, and Durham and took advantage of her. You had the racial component, and so here comes here comes mister tracksuit and bullhorn in mister mister bobblehead Al Sharpton, although he wasn't Bobblehead at that moment. It was pre Bobblehead days. And he came down, and everybody came down, and everybody had thoughts, and Nifing was doing his thing, and the professors were throwing their own students under the bus, and none of it mattered, None of it mattered whether it was true, because the allegations were just so good. Can I tell you one of the things that I did. I mentioned this on the show. When I first came down here. I made a point on my weekends to drive around familiarize myself right with the cities, the various cities that I broadcast in see. At first this was Triangle. So let's go, let's go out and see it. Yeah. One of the things I want to just go see Duke University. I want to go see the chapel iconic. I'd seen photos of it, I'd never been there. It's gorgeous, very cool. But I also want to go see the house, right, And so I figured out where that was and drove by pretty unassuming but I think it's gone now, right. So that was my little tour of one of my little Durham tour items because it was still so fresh in what was going on even years later. So Crystal Mangham is now remember she is in prison because of another incident with her boyfriend and spire and somebody died and all of that. So she's had some time to think. And here's how I want to approach. I'm gonna play the rest of our audio here. Just know again, I just want to set up the I'm Sorry hotline eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. I want to call in and tell the world you're sorry and you got it wrong. I think that would be a big step. I mean because really, in a way, it's uh, you know, uh, if you bore false witness, I don't know if you know, that's a thing that can get you in a little trouble down the road. Okay, So we'll do that. But Mangum going back to Mangum, So she did an interview and I guess just decided, Hey, I'm gonna go ahead and get this off my chest. I'm gonna get this off my chest, and you know me, that'll make me feel better and let me throw this out there too, because I'm watching the interview. I'm watching this clip and I'm thinking to myself, all right, you know, she's had a lot of time to reflect. It's been almost twenty years. That's a that's a that's a lifetime. And obviously there's you know, there's what brought her there, what caused her to think that, Hey, this is a good idea, I'll go do this. I'm sure people feeding into it. Oh it's okay. No, those are evil boys, those are even Don't worry. We'll get them whatever it takes. As we saw, we saw all of these things. And then you know, you sit there and you and you start reflecting on the decisions that you've made, bad decisions. And I guess the question is can you forgive her if she's genuinely sorry, if you're one of these guys, or maybe just you the public right because of the turmoil that she created within your community. Again, I didn't live here at the time. I can't speak to it. Here is here is the longer version of this.
Speaker 3: And I testified falsely against them by saying that they raped me when they didn't, and that was wrong. And I betrayed the trust of a lot of other people who believed.
Speaker 4: In me.
Speaker 3: And made up a story that wasn't true because I wanted a validation from people and not from God.
Speaker 1: Okay, And so she's intimating there, and I don't know. You know, people go to prison, some people find religion. Some people say they found religion, but some people do. I know somebody who was in jail for a felony who is literally a pastor at a church, but it was, you know, it was it was decades literally decades ago, so that you you, you can do that, you can turn it around. Even if he did horrible stuff, and he did he hit and killed somebody. He wasn't drunk, but he fell asleep. So yeah, yeah, I mean it's available there, but holy hell, man, And again I wasn't here. So I'm sure some of you can speak to it, but I really want those to call in who frankly were part of the persecution, or you may be called prosecution. But I'm more hung up on the persecution because I don't think Mike Nifon, for obvious reasons, is calling in. So you tell me, oh, wait, hold on, is this a bill? What's up?
Speaker 5: Good morning, sir William.
Speaker 4: Oh do you think the Reverend William Barber will be calling in and apologize? And more so, will they return all the money that he got on the false precertive?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't. I can't speak to the money. I don't know what the totals are, but I wouldn't be surprised if some funds were raised that frankly were not given back by many many folks there. So I can't speak to that. But no, I don't think he'll call in and apologize. We have the in a hotline. He can. I we're here for I know he's all because they're you know, they're doing the moral Monday thing again, so who knows.
Speaker 6: Who knows around?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I said. I said what I said?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, all right? And by the way, you got his name wrong. That he is Reverend soul Glow, the Bufface Layer, as we call him here on the show. So get it right, sir, get it right. I recognize your voice. There's no excuse, all right? Six nineteen Hang on is the Cacoda Radio program? Jeez man speaking a duke?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Bill Belichick held his first press conference yesterday as the UNC coach, and I didnt get a look at his contracts pretty interesting, It's actually pretty interesting. It's it is. Uh it's interesting too because it read a lot like a radio contract, where it's a lot of it's incentive. So you all think they just hand us a bunch of money, but in reality, like a lot of jobs, you are, you're very incentivized by production, but even sometimes very specifically so and uh so, I mean, yeah, it's a bunch of money. And if they if it doesn't work in the first like three years and they fire them, I think they have to pay him out ten million just to fire them, but then it's one one million after that. But yeah, is he getting paid a crap ton of money?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is he the highest paid coach? And co No, but if he wins, he could be mathematically and then you know, there's the standard stuff in there, like he can you know, do he can like run camps for kids, which a lot of coaches do, and then that's just money they put in their pocket. That's that's that's pretty regular. I'm not I'm not even crapping on that. The thing looks fine. But then at the press conference, Belichick told everyone that his first words as a baby were beat duke, And I'm like, I'm out. You're not out on the whole thing, but I'm out on the press. Don't believe it that the child's first words were actually two and then they were specifically that. I don't know, man. Now, to be fair, he said his parents told him that. So there's a little plausible deniability. What were your first words being detained? Go bills? Just stop it.
Speaker 2: You ever see the Belichick baby photos? No, no, I have never seen the Belichick baby photos. No, he's got the little cut off hoodie.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're being serious or not. A little baby cut off arms. Okay, they cut off the baby's arms. That's no, no, no, no, no, no the hoey oh okay, all right? Who they swaddled him in that thing? You say, because he got better as as did that guy got turned to a newt. So okay, I swaddled him in that. They didn't swaddle him in a cafea like the baby Jesus at the Nativity seeing the pope was kneeling in front of I just have a film, man. The Belichick thing is going to implode. No, no, no, no thing, whatever it is, I don't think it goes neutrally, do you know what I'm saying right ros that they claim that there's a secret agreement and this has been portrayed in movies where like the governments of the world have basically acquiesced to the aliens so they get to you know, butt probe fifteen hundred people a year. You've seen that narrative, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, there's something called like Majestic six. I think it was called right where they first made contact that believe it like Roosevelt, like a like, no, was it, No, it wasn't Roosevelt.
Speaker 1: It was Truman, Truman's administration. Yeah, And so you know, the narrative is we basically allow them a certain number of abductees and because we don't really have a choice. Okay, with that in mind, if it is something like that, I'm I'm I'm on the same page. You gotta direct them to where you want them to pit, you know, to get samples. I've never understood why, like because they're like, oh, you know, the alien abducted the farmer and mutilated his cows. And I'm not picking on farmers, but like, you know, there's also the idea, you know, maybe they're just wanting to see if we shouldn't have our planet obliterated, right, because like that narrative and that and that horrible Keanu Reeves remake from years ago where it's like, I'm here to test whether humanity should be you know, incinerated, right, and you got to convince him you're good. What do you think the possibility of them grambing five randos from the Jersey Shore area is gonna be?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Like, if these things over New Jersey are extraterrestrial, they're aliens, and they decided, like the first place they come down to make contact is New Jersey. If that's their representation of mankind, we are all gonna die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pack it in, pack it in. And like the alien, the first clue is gonna be either gonna you know, grab Snooky and whoever else or whatever, and like they'll start probe. And first she's into it, right, absolutely, So she goes to third base with the aliens on day one, right, so yeah, I don't we're Yeah, that's that's not good. And then I was thinking maybe they get Snooky And then that Bagel remember the bagel boss guy who's got a real hang up about his hype. But then I remember that's Long Island, so they'd have to do a little moving around. I was thinking, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Driving into work today, I was thinking, because when you see in the movies, right, they always make contact around like DC or New York City or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they cover the big cities, populated area.
Speaker 2: But as an alien, if your goal was to be was to make first contact with another species, I don't think you'd want to have her over a big city like that because of the chaos that could ensue, right, because people can go crazy and start shooting or rioting, or it's the end. I think if you're the alien and your goal was to have a successful first contact, you'd want to land and say, like an open field in Nebraska or Kansas or something.
Speaker 1: Sit there.
Speaker 2: Just however, make it known that you're there, make it very obvious. But let people come to you.
Speaker 1: I think, although it to be fair, I think you also get shot at ya you land for rural field story, right? I just I know the guys I grew up with, they'd be like, whoa, let's go boys, right, But that's what a rival did, remember the end the Rival that movie from a few years ago. They landed in that field of Montana, right, and everyone had to go to them, which is dumb if you think, like, if you do want to land landing in the in a field in like Montana or Wyoming or something like that, that's where all the missiles are.
Speaker 2: So I mean, if they're peaceful and they've come all this way, odds are their their defenses are going to be fine.
Speaker 1: And if no, no, no no, But here's what I mean. No, no, no, I understand that. But also here's what I mean. And it's just this goes on top of it. They make the decision like in Independence Day where they're like, well, we got to nuke the ship Goodbye Houston. Right, that's a bigger decision than uh, trying to nuke something in a field Montana population like five hundred. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I mean, if you just land there and you're not being violent in anyway, you're just like, hey, we're here, we want to say hi. You can come at your own pace. As opposed to causing mass chaos in the city.
Speaker 1: You know, it would be great too, because they would land. They're like, Trump's gonna get us all killed, and then like the next day. He's having like photo ops with them and they can do they have two thumbs so they can double thumbs up. It'd be amazing. Yeah, No, they'd come out. They're likeaking the field. They're very peaceful.
Speaker 2: They come out, they show their space boobs that we talked about yesterday in the show, and it's a world peace from there, we come in.
Speaker 1: Peace these So yeah, dude, that would be so that would be so funny. Let me tell you. Can you imagine you saw that clip yesterday if Trump reading the opening bell, because right, you had to dub it in and then him going around the stock exchange or whatever, but there is that, there's that The clip that was then run on all the news yesterday is not just Donald Trump ringing the opening bell, but he's flanked by giant I'm assuming those are big video screens, but giant imagery of his Time magazine photo shoot for a Man of the Year. So now your stage five TDS, you've been trying to figure out all day which healthcare CEO you want to threaten the murder and you're just trying to get a little rest bit in even CNN. Even CNN is showing that he is so.
Speaker 7: Involved in trying to understand well creation, that's what we talked about all fat and I know that there's obviously non disclosure about being in a kind as judge. But the man is fascinated by the stock market, as fascinated as the current president is not.
Speaker 8: He is no longer just a TV star. He's the incoming leader of the free world. He's going to ring the bell here in about twenty seconds and historic moments at the New York Stock Exchange as we get this opening goldlong by the President elect Donald Trumpy.
Speaker 6: Oh, they love it.
Speaker 1: They love when he's when he goes down to walk the floor. That is it is old school rock star groupie stuff going on. Man and Vance is down there too, and they're just cutting up with them, are making money. They love him well, of course the evil stock guys do well maybe, but also like the financial you know financial the big financial companies, these guys are trading for a good chunk of them are are almost primarily Democrat donors, right, and they got they got woke CEOs and and all the rest. And this is the part people don't understand. I mean, sure, the money is great. You can get it for your campaign coffers, so you can literally waste it as fast as Brewster dreamed of, like the Hairs campaign did. But at the end of the day, these guys that are just down there trade, they love the guy I love it, they love Vance any of the rest of it. You can say that they love them out of greed, but then you're gonna have to call the majority of US voters greedy. And by the way, voting for your own financial interest is also sometimes voting for your own personal interest. Well, it always is to some extent, but sometimes it's it's much purer than you think. Oh they're greedy, they want more money. I don't know, maybe they want to be able to feed their kids. And I'm not talking about stock trader guys that probably make a decent, decent money. But like it. These are all the people that voted for him, and it's them, but it's also the people he was encountering in McDonald's when he was slinging fries. They're going through the drive through. Remember the guy, I got an extra nugget. I don't think Trump actually put it in there, just you know, if people are just having fun, man, But and you know, ironically, they were having fun sometimes in finally going you know what, I've had enough of your crap. I've tried to be a good soldier. I've kept my mouth shut, but now I'm here to tell you I'm voting for Trump. And that's why you have these these people coming out of the shadows. That's why you have the normalization of so many of these things. While a handful of news anchors run around, they just can't understand it. Pete Hegseth. I think did a good job in explaining exactly where these people wringing their hands are on the pecking order right.
Speaker 6: Now the military.
Speaker 1: Yes, he said, can you just respond to the CNN report this morning? It was highlighting some of your previous comments. I don't feel the need to respond to you are hungrble with Dave, people who could be surveying. Did you hear what I said there? Yeah, dude, I like the way he dealt with that. He wasn't rude. He wasn't rude, but he also he had zero zero and with as as I probably say, too much, but he was having none of it. And why should he after the crap the pro public have pulled, will go through all of this stuff? What that thing's crazy. But he's just he's just like, no, I don't I don't respond to CNN. And that's it. That's how you do it. You don't respond to It's like I tell people, don't talk too wr L not if it's a partisan thing, talk to him about I don't know, golf or something. Fine, But if it's a partisan thing, what what benefit do you have? And that theory, I don't want to pat myself on the back because I think it was pretty obvious, but that theory proved true. They have no power here. They got a little bit of power because remember it's undeniable that they were able to get that Harris enthusiasm thing ramped up and and it it did swing. But the question is how much that was just people just happy to have another option on that side who were overly enthusiastic and then it never panned out, because that's how that's what it looks like. So absolutely, man, absolutely, and Trump's just walk around the stock exshit. Remember they they thought this guy would be in jail right now, probably dead. Probably he's gonna go to jail, and he wouldn't be long for this world. I saw those predictions and the dudes the USA are on the floor of the Stock Exchange, and there was one little cool thing. Let me just throw this in here too. I did not realize this actually, so listen to this fun fact. Trump's Trump's gonna get told by I guess one of the Stock Exchange ladies, you will be.
Speaker 6: The job.
Speaker 8: In March twenty nineteen five, were he addressed, Yes, it's a great honor to have you.
Speaker 1: You're telling me that a president of the United States hasn't rung the New York Stock Exchange bell since nineteen eighty five. Bill Clinton never wandered down there. Bush either, Bush I swear, I swear George Bush had to have rung the opening bell, right, I understand why Democrats may have wanted to stay for it, even though they're now the party of Wall Street. That's that's that's pretty interesting. I did not know that. And of course Trump was just gobbling that up. He loved that. Ah, yeah, you know obviously with the Raking connection there. So yeah, man, yesterday was a it was a strange day all around. Let's see here, all right, let's go ahead and do this, because now we're into the FAFO, A portion of everybody wants to assassinate CEOs or healthcare people or whatever it is. The problem is, you gotta remember where you live and I'll fill that in for you coming up next here on the CaCO Day Radio program phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seventy four. And a special reminder for all of the members of the media, politicians, local activists, and others who decided that they were were going to crucify the Duke Lacrosse Boys, and even in the face of overwhelming, mounting evidence that maybe at the very least the story isn't one hundred percent accurate. And you eighty eight professors, some of which still teach over at Duke, I just want you to know you have priority this morning to call the show and give us your you know, don't apologize, get right on this as they say. Okay, I'm not gonna mock you, I'm not gonna yell at you, but it's an important first step. You have to admit you have a problem or in this case, we're part of the problem. So eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Ross has already been told if you called your first, we put you up first. So I'm sure we'll have busy phones on that. Also coming up on the show eight h five, we'll chat with Pete Callaner. I'm sure he has some thoughts, as I believe he was actually a news reporter during this time. I'm trying to remember the dates he told me was. Yeah, I think he would have been a news reporter, not in the Triangle, but maybe Charlotte at the time. So I can't wait. And I didn't him. I didn't talk to him intentionally because I just want to kind of cold have this discussion in front of you, so we'll pick his brain on the story. If you haven't heard, you're just waking up. Even though she's sitting in prison for a boyfriend murder, Crystal Mangam doing a podcast yesterday. Well I don't know what she did it, but it came out yesterday and it's pretty definitive.
Speaker 3: I testified falsely against them by saying that they raped me when they didn't, and that was wrong. And I betrayed the trust of a lot of other people who believed in me and made up a story that wasn't true because I wanted a validation from people and not from God.
Speaker 1: Okay, and again I don't know the sincerity or nonsincerity or any of it. I mean, she she sounds reflective there. But and here's the other thing too, because I saw people going, she's only saying it to get out. How would that work? Like it's usually you have to have information or or something like everybody knows what's up now, So like that's not tradable. And for those saying that she should be charged with something, it's my understanding that per would be I guess the most likely charge, and the statute limitations has gone on that, so maybe there's a who knows, maybe there's something creatively, and so I don't know that she has anything to win or anything to lose there, But you know, it's that final affirmation of what happened again even though we you know, we all knew what happened. Everybody knew what was up man pretty quick, and it was just those who chose not to back off on it, who decided that they were going to make these guys a special project out of these guys. And then before you know it, here come the activists and their fundraising and their holding press conferences. The whole the whole thing is just an embarrassment. And the only person to ever pay a price for it was a knifong. But I shouldn't say that. When I say pay a price, I mean not on the boy's side. Obviously they paid a price. Sure there was settlements that they ended up with, but for years they were just they were the evil rich guys who raped that poor stripper at Duke. The amount of stigma attached to that is the fact that they thrive. They were able to thrive, if you know, and do other collegiate endeavors and actually do pretty a couple of them. I was reading about pretty pretty well in business. But what a tough what a much tougher road. And what's crazy is we get this in our head where it's like, well, yeah, so they did have a tougher road, but they've always had such an easy road, so it's fair. And now you're into this, this devastating doom loop of equity, and you just got out ahead of them actually using the word it's not good. Ask yourself why. A forty three year old mother of three in Florida yesterday, who was frustrated by Blue Cross Blue Shield was sitting in a courtroom listening to the charges be read against her because she threatened to kill the Blue Cross Blue Shield people. And I'm gonna I'll play the audio for im have to do it, just kick off the next hour. But I want to get into this story first. You're in the state of Florida. That's not gonna work well for you. There we go, there we go, a little take a Bellain. It's the scariest thing. Well, it's not the scariest thing I have on my main button bar. I think that's probably DRU that or GTSD this or this. We din't get enough use o this this week, DAWs. That's an old that's an old S and L bit with Eddie Murphy. They come to a VFW as a reggae band and that's the song they start singing. As you can imagine, people get a little clenchy in the shorts there. And that's from a crazy story from earlier this week where a sports bar in Georgia, which is uh, you know, like a pretty white rule working class hangout kind of on the outskirts of Atlanta there, and you know, we get a lot of pickup trucks and motorcycles and cash only beer and that kind of stuff. And they're like let's bring in a band to sing about killing white people. And of course it went full barroom brawl or barroom blitz or whatever. So yes, yeah I didn't I didn't go well, but we did not get enough use out of that this week. All right, So a couple things. It's it's an interesting it's interesting when you start analyzing why people do things, especially things that seem pretty predictable. And uh, let's start in it from a national perspective. The amount of people this week that have gotten really comfortable with saying things like, well, sure, yeah, I know you probably shouldn't murder people, but some people need to be murdered, which, by the way, I can get on that, I can get aboard that. Remember that was the beef with Mark Robinson. Remember when he said that he's like, some people need killing, and he was talking about child molesters and people who would do it, and also film pornography and traffic chill. That's who he was talking about. And then we had to and then the media all played done. They're like, oh no, no, he just he's he wants he's got a hit list, he wants to murder everybody, all his political opponents. It's really the same garbage you're hearing with Trump there, right, He's coming for everybody.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: So but then you know, the tables return and we're having this conversation where you know, people like elected officials, Elizabeth Warren, aoc Esday and others are trying to morally or at least say that they morally understand it. And the problem is when it comes to things where it's more than it's now more than words, at least the idea like it's happened, and with all the people around that gobble all this stuff up and can be influenced to try to do these things, shouldn't be any surprise that other folks down the food chain, who maybe you're not even that activist in nature, start having a certain comfort level with it. You know why, because it speaks to a frustration they have. It speaks to a frustration. They're frustrated because maybe they themselves have been denied some health care and maybe right or wrongly sow and they are in the right, and they get frustrated. When people get frustrated, they get amped. But there's certain lines you don't cross because even your subconsciousness, like you just don't do that Okay, there's these other channels. So why would as this woman down in Florida is being painted, why would a frustrated but you know mom of three and or mid forties decide to do this the nature of.
Speaker 7: The threats, we would also be asking for GPS or house arrest conditions to protect the community.
Speaker 9: With her head in her hands, Brianna Boston learned she would be held in jail on one hundred thousand dollars bond, the Pole County judge, adding the bond was appropriate given the quote status of our country.
Speaker 10: It's not like she's a child. She's forty two years old, you know, so we're not nlings a child here. She should certainly know better.
Speaker 9: Lakeland Police Chief Sam Taylor says his department was contacted by the FBI Tuesday. Authorities say in a recorded phone call about a denied insurance claim, Boston told a Blue Cross Blue Shield employee, quote delay denied to pose. You people are next end quote. The language matches the words police say were written on the shell casings found at the United Healthcare CEO's murder scene in New York City.
Speaker 10: We will take this very seriously, and we will put you in jail if you do something like this, it is not a joke.
Speaker 9: According to Boston's affidavit, the mother of three told police she did not own firearms and was not a danger to anyone, but she added healthcare companies played games and deserved karma because they are evil.
Speaker 1: Ask yourself, why would a woman who clearly is referencing what with the deny, you know whatever, the things that run the bullets. She clearly referenced it. Why do you think she would feel empowered to tell somebody that she's calling a customer service? What do you know about customer service? When you call customer service, it could be frustrating. Sometimes it's positive. Hat a very positive experience with customer service for my cell phone provider the other day. So I want to make a little change over there. Very nice, everything was happening, there was a little problem, they fixed it right away. That's not most people's experience, It's not usually mine. That being said, there's something I know in the back of my mind. And because they tell you, what is something that in any big customer service eight hundred number, you know phone tree situation, you hear right before they let you talk to somebody. This call may be recorded for quality assurance purposes or whatever. But it's also in case you're a lunatic and you threaten to kill the person or the people. And it's because as soon as you start and this is what was preached during the early days of Trump, when you you know before, when you start normalizing things, when you start dehumanizing people, when you start saying things or you start posting a map of congressional districts, it's a slippery slope to doomsday and pandemonium. You know, somebody hacked one of those road signing things out in the state of Washington yesterday and it said one CEO down, more to go. And this woman is probably gonna be separated from her kids now because it's Florida and they're not going to screw around with this stuff. They're not going to screw around, especially Florida. You know why, remember what all the CEOs did, not all of them, but you remember what so many of them did. During COVID. There was a mad race to buy all these properties in the Palm Beach area and Lauderdale and others, and you had all you had this huge boom of these really high end houses because a lot of these folks who would be among them, eat the rich, decided they were done with New York. They were going down to Florida. They wrote a whole articles about it. So, yeah, I think maybe some of the stuff she's seen here recently, coupled with frustration that I'm sure is legitimate. She decided to say it, But even at the end there she seemed kind of unremorseful. Instead of going, yeah, you know what, I just snapped, I got three kids, I've been dealing with this, I'm working two jobs, or you know, whatever the story is, She's like, well, maybe they shouldn't be such jerks and people wouldn't threaten to kill them. So there's obviously a little, a little pre existing TDS or whatever you want to describe it as working there. But now it's the consequences of your actions. All right, let's grab a call Jamal. What's up? How are you doing?
Speaker 4: You know what? Eighteen years ago? Eighteen years ago, I said she was lying about that ring. So many people in the black community sat there and jumped behind her, because you remember, I don't know people ever seeing the movie with ice Cube Call God, I was just talking about it. Well, in a movie about a strepp of working her way through college, who's supposed to be going to North Carolina Central. I remember that. And there was duke players. They trying to make a racial and said, oh, well, this is up to black lady being raped by these three white guys. And the News and Observer. The News and Observer sat there and lied on them. They sat there, and they had all those families said, oh, they need to be this, they need to be there my night fall help and Durham the original, the original Santana Doomberry because he's sat here and played day crap. When it came the people sell of telling people the true he did that.
Speaker 1: It was a really dumb fake CNN article that somebody made as a meme because they were trying to come up with the wildest accusations that the media could make. So somebody mocked up a template of a like a CNN article and just said Elon Musk melted down the statue of liberty. Reuters decided to do a fact check as to whether the statue of liberty was melted down. I'm not making this up, So they did a fact check. I'm assuming probably they went to the top floor of their building and looked out over the river, or do you have to go and touch it? I mean, what is the due diligence for a reporter there? So Reuters does a fact check to determine that Elon Musk did not, in fact buy and melt down the Statue of Liberty. It was clearly satire and not even particularly that funny. And then Elon Musk, when he saw they did a fact check, tweeted on the fact check, no, I did one thousand percent, and then all of the moonbats lost it in a turn in community note suggestions. So just this is where I guess this is where we're gonna be I mean, we felt it in twenty sixteen, so I guess we're somewhat used to it, if you want to say that. But the level of stupid, even though it seems like with like Mark Zuckerberg and Bezos both donating what a million dollars to the Trump inauguration, how weird is that? By the way, And this is where this is where Trump gets himself in trouble. Right, don't embrace either. It's actually Bezos. Do you remember all the stuff Bezos was saying he was he hated this dude and then what the Washington Post Bezos newspaper did on the daily They lied about Trump, and they lied about things about Trump that cost this country probably billions, probably billion, no, not even probably absolutely billions, right, because they lied about stuff that also hampered efforts to do things like secure the border more thoroughly, which has a tangible cost to people. And Trump will do this thing. And I think it's because he also will be on the other side of this, like when he suggested that Ted Cruz's father might have helped kill JFK. And then they're doing endorsements like I don't understand. I don't understand that stuff doesn't make any sense to me. It's the world of politics. I don't understand. But I Trump will then allow himself to be ingratiated because he feels like he turned Jeff Bezos or Mark Zuckerberg. And I think it's I think it's Trump's blind spot on this stuff. It really is, because if given a chance, Bezos would be absolutely done with you'd be mocking you. He'd be like the Prime Minister of Poland and um McCrone yesterday the French president. Did you see that where they were mocking how Trump shakes hands as part of their little weird European meeting over there, which, by the way, do you know what's going on in Europe right now? You know, we talk about sovereignty and we talk, you know about how USA first, America first, and there's a reason for that. Do you know what's happening in southern Sweden right now? So in southern Sweden, and this is this is an important distinction. In southern Sweden, they have they have just found out that they've just raised their energy prices a crap ton and it happened almost instantaneously, So they raise their energy prices. I love the words they have for stuff. Ross. Do you know why energy prices are going up? It's you know how we have El Nino here in over in Sweden and yeah, well in Europe it's called dunkel flout, So they're dealing with Your guys are dealing with dunkel flout. Oh man, that sounds horrible, but basically it's weather with no wind or sunlight, which is a huge problem. So what happens because these cats are all in the EU together, the EU will tell countries where they have to send their electricity. So because of dunkel flout, which again is whether with no wind or sunlight, which for renewables is kind of a problem. Germany needed a big influx of they needed a big influx of power, and so the EU ordered Sweden because that's their main transmission, to essentially give them a certain amount of power. And the Swedes are upset because they're like Germany's only in this position because they got rid of their coal and nuclear right, which is why they were buying that Russian stuff to make up for it, which ironically is the thing that Trump mentioned way back in the day, Remember when the Germans laughed at him and he said they'd be in this situation. Well, he nailed it. So and as a result, they have no choice because they have no sovereignty, you can't do anything about it. Germany gets it. But in southern Sweden, the average costs let's say, how many of you took a shower this morning, five dollars almost overnight. Almost overnight. There is they are paying five dollars in electricity costs to take a standard length shower in southern Sweden because they were forced to have their energy they're producing sent to Germany because they're part of the EU, and there's nothing they can do about it. These are the lunatics you're dealing with. So just you know, I thought that'd be a nice little example to remind people why looking out for your own doesn't necessarily mean you hate the rest of the world. But sometimes you're not going to cover for their poor decisions. And that's what we find ourselves doing. And that's what Sweden's doing right now. And ironically it's only southern Sweden because they're separate grids I guess, which I don't know how that works, but whatever, that's what the loss of your sovereignty you'll do. And it's and so much of Sure, you can't control the weather, oh there's some weirdos online will tell you you can. But more importantly, you can't control Germany's decision, which clearly now is in pacting. The Swedes five dollars for a shower? Are you kidding me? I don't know if you know this. It's kind of cold in the northern hemisphere, so the heating cost is another thing now they do in Sweden. They do have some heating alternatives because they do use coal and some stuff. But still, man, that's just one day your energy costs are up. I think it was twelve hundred percent or something. Now is it going to be like that forever? No, it'll come back down, but then eventually it'll creep up. And you know, as you sit here and you ditch the things that are there to power your economy and people's homes like Germany's doing, and others are following suit, and you can be undone by something called duncal flout. What are you going to do when Sweden is not producing some excess energy or one of these other countries. Well, now you're into California brown out and then before you know it, you're paying a gazillion dollars and who the hell knows where it goes. But it's not it's not good planning, not good planning at all. All right, seven forty three k O Day radio program. We got Ray.
Speaker 6: I can go to Ray if he's.
Speaker 5: Ready to lock it.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I've been with Bah not much. How are you?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: It's Friday, so we like that. We only got one more week of work this year after this, So that's right. You got a I had one of our power search things, uh pop or bust, and I heard it all in my ears, so I'm kind of deaf. Yeah, I hope that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had that back in the day when I didn't even know what an IFB was. I had that happen to me. Yeah, to do side. I had it in and I'm like, I don't even know what this thing is, and all of a sudden, somebody just popped it the Yeah maybe I was like what the and I had it like cranked up all and I still have a your damage, But that's okay.
Speaker 1: I pulled the power unit out. It's got scorch marks unders. That's probably not good.
Speaker 6: So that's probably probably not good thing.
Speaker 1: Probably not not an electrician. So let's just go ahead and get to the weather.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, Well, it's gonna show a warming trend and rain in the forecast beginning of next week looks much mild or even a shot at seventy degrees at least in and around and Raleigh and Durham, most of us getting well into the sixties. Another cold start this morning on no precipe. Today a little more cloud though, coming in low to mid fifties, and tomorrow probably a little bit cooler. We'll start off in the thirties in the morning, probably low in mid thirties and then close to fifty in the afternoon, but again lots of sunshine and no rain yet. Might see a little light rain Sunday, low fifties, but a better chance as we get into Sunday night. The good newsday is early next week, Monday is gonna be sunny. We're back into the sixties with the chance of showers, and if we do hit seventy it maybe Tuesday could have some showers around. So it does look like we've got some mild to rear back in and then maybe backing it off in more seasonable temperatures in midweekend beyond that, so next week looks like a couple of systems. Casey could clip us. But yeah, he's already going out there, and some of the guide has been showing a windy precipt towards in the south. No, not doing it, not doing it. Three day Ray says, believe what I say. In three days after that, it's a coin toss.
Speaker 1: By the way, do you hear that new weather term I was talking about before you came on?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Which one dunkel flout flout? All right, So the story, the story is in Sweden right now, in southern Sweden, it costs five dollars of elect It costs five dollars in electricity to take a shower, so you think yeah. And the reason is is because since they're part of the EU, they had Dunkel flout and since Germany got rid of all or he's getting read of all their nukes and cold plants, they needed energy and they needed it bad. Because of the Dunkel flout and UH as part of the agreement, Sweden was forced to sell them energy and it literally crashed their own energy market. So dunkle flout is whether that has neither wind nor sunshine, so it's you know, and then obviously if you have renewables with windmills and solar panels, you're screwed, right, So that's your that's your word of the day. Whether with no wind or sunlight to power renewables is called dunkal flout, which is my favorite.
Speaker 6: Try that with Mark next week. We'll get a kick out of that.
Speaker 1: Well are you already done with him or what?
Speaker 6: No, he's he's he's off today.
Speaker 1: Oh well nice for him. All right, Well there you go, duncal flout. You live all right, Thank you. Ray appreciate it, alright, seven forty seven hang on are the very latest suicide of an ip. I guess I don't know so this morning, and I wasn't really up on all this stuff, so I was kind of picking Ross's brain too. So apparently fans of the Witcher are upset, and and they have been upset here for a variety of reasons.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: The first one was going back to the TV show is you had Henry cavill aka Superman, right, remember that? And and wait, boy did he get a raw deal too?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: So he he goes in and he plays the main character Garalt Giralt.
Speaker 4: I can.
Speaker 1: Garyl? Excuse me? So he's playing Garyl? And I I've never really played the game, but I enjoyed the TV show like it was a good tea that first season. The season was super good. It's so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it sort of went off the rails because they started kind of making up their own source like material.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and here's and here's the thing that the general sense, the general overview is, uh, you know, and there's a lot of hallmarks of other stuff. He's a bad ass, but he's a just gruntled badass, and you know, there's some baggage there, and then there's this very special person this this woman or this daughter or this and then he's got to protect that and I don't I'm trying not to give all the stuff away. But and so, you know, you have you have these main characters build up, and and it was fine in fact that there's a thing in the season where she's training with like the weird apparatus, like it's uh, you know, it's like one of the hops up. Yeah, and it all fit was the point. It all fit. And then you started to see signs that there were problems, like they like people were mad at Cavil and and and then one the producer of the of Netflix, who is a woke idiot of the series, I should say, she would give an interview and she was mad at Cavil because he was a fan of the material.
Speaker 2: She said she was pissed off that he was like, you know, super like passionate about the role in the source material in the game.
Speaker 1: So when she'd be like, all right, here's what we're going to do in the scene, he'd be like, that's not that wouldn't work. And here's why, I mean, like he was the he was he was continuity all on his own and she got really annoyed with that, and they essentially ran him off his own show. And and remember the what he finally made the decision to go all right, fine whatever he was thinking, he was gonna go back and to Superman, and then like a month after he left The Witcher, they're like, yeah, you're not Superman anymore. So I mean, real raw deal for that guy. But imagine that being mad at the guy who actually gets the source material. And I think that's why it produced what people like. Well, there's obviously this all comes from a video game, and the new video game is coming out this would be I guess the fourth The Witcher four, and the official trailer was released yesterday. He's not even the guy. He's not even the main character in the game anymore. It is gonna be Siri.
Speaker 2: Yes it is, because in the third game you're sort of looking for her, and there's these moments where it switches from your playing garyl to playing Surre and when it would happen in the game, because I love that game, every time it would switch to that, so suddenly you know, you're now Surrey playing in the game, and I hated those moments. I was like, get me back to playing GARYL. I don't want to play Suri. And now you're gonna have an entire game like that, I mean.
Speaker 1: Little zerial series followed in her adoptive dad's footsteps and taken on the mantle of Witcher and uh and then and they're so at PC gamers, so excited, like why not call it witch ers?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: Why don't you walk into traffic's call it? Why don't you call it witch ers? How about Mario's Sisters?
Speaker 6: Ross?
Speaker 1: You want a Mario Sisters? Should we do?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie man Super Mario Brothers too. You had to choose the princess because yeah, she can fly man like cheating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's She was a little op there, So like, what what are you gonna do? So you're gonna kill both the successful TV and video game franchise, And of course it's all the same sides. It's people who have been longtime fans like they're super into it. They have like replica Witcher swords, right, and and they're like, I I play this because I like the characters how they are and and and now you're just going to a limit. It's like what they did with the last of us, right, remember when they're like, ah, we need to get a we need to shoehorn in a LGBT representation, which could which probably could have easily been done if they really wanted to do that, and the like. So we're gonna go and get rid of the character you guys like Pete, how are you doing today? You doing okay?
Speaker 5: But man, I yeah, I think so. How about you?
Speaker 1: I just I didn't know if with the news, if you were going to be be okay? Well, which news finding out that Crystal Manga may have lied? So, I mean, I don't know if you heard the heard the interview with her yesterday? Yes, yeah, I mean are you now? Were you here in the state doing news and radio stuff at the time, I was not. This preceded me, but I of course covered it when I was in Minnesota. But you know, being here, I'm assured was even much more insane than I could have ever imagined. Were you Were you around these parts?
Speaker 5: Yes, as a reporter at the time in Charlotte, and so we covered it extensively at the time. You know, from Charlotte. I didn't go up to you know, Durham, Durham, and do any of the like. I wasn't on the scene in Durham, but yeah, we covered it from a statewide perspective and we had you know states you know reporting that was going on. And yeah, that was my that was sort of the first THIRDUS in six I want to say, you know, I was well, yeah, I was probably like thirty, I want to say, but I had been a reporter for about you know, seven years at that point. That was my first awareness of how corrupted higher education was and the kinds of railroad jobs that administration could do to their students, and the corruption of a day just eighty eight.
Speaker 1: The higher end employees, let's be clear, right right, and this.
Speaker 5: And we would see this then sort of play out in various forms for years to come with uh, you know, the creation of and it's still it still boggles my mind why universities think that they are equipped to do criminal investigations into students over allegations that are made, whether it's you know, assaults or sexual assaults or whatever. It's like, you guys are not I understand you have like campus police, but you guys are not out there like like doing homicide and rape investigations on a daily basis. You do not have the expertise to be doing it, and you don't have a judicial system. You have a quasi judicial system where accusers can't or the accused cannot face their accusers, and all these weird rules of evidence and stuff. It's just it's it's ridiculous. And I was never aware of that kind of a level of rot inside prestigious universities like Duke. And then of course the corruption of the of the the district Attorney Mike Nifong, who I think he probably still does believe Crystal Mangnum story, even though she has now said she lied about it.
Speaker 1: She made it all up well, and people are expectlating why she did it. I don't know. She doesn't have anything to gain or lose from it that she can't be charged with perree at this late hour, and also she doesn't have anything they want, so I don't know that they're gonna be able to deal her out. Maybe she's going for a Biden pardon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I think, well, I want so. What I want to believe but I don't know to be true, is that she is in a better place mentally like her mental health has been her issues have been maybe addressed through you know, prescriptions, through counseling and whatnot. And also it seems like she may have you know, gotten religion. It seems like maybe she yeah, yeah, that's what it sounds like. And it is not on me or anybody else to forgive her except the people that she wronged, you know, that's that's their call.
Speaker 1: And well she did, but she wronged everybody. Here's the deal. She wronged everyone in North Carolina too, because you talk about the atmosphere was there. It clearly has never been the same since, right, can we agree? And and higher ed has shown them to themselves to be who they are, right, And you saw it put the mattress the mattress girl, and yeah, it was a Columbia And we have all these stories where it became very clear that depending on the socioeconomic, the gender, or the you know, the racial components of it, and you could predict this, that a narrative was going to be had. And that narrative to this day, by a lot of people, is still believed by a lot of these things. They think that that lunatic up at Columbia was actually assaulted by that dude, even though it's provably false. So the damage is done. Then when people are like I don't want to send my kid over to the state school, are they seeing crazy stuff that you and me? You know, you and c had their own issues with rape investigations being done by campus police. Remember they ended up transferring it to the city cops. But so she's not Those three are not the only injured party, but they're easily the most injured party.
Speaker 5: Right well, And yeah, I mean, she looks she did not ask. She did not ask me for forgiveness, as far as I know, she didn't say. She just said she was sorry, and she hopes that the Duke lacrosse players can forgive her, and that you know, and that I would like to I mean, I would like to know if she actually has reached out to any of them to personally, face the face apologize. Look, I think the public apology for a wrong like that is is welcome. Like, I'm not going to bash the woman for admitting what, like I believe to be true years ago, was that she made it up. The facts did not fit the case, the evidence didn't fit the case. And you know, to some degree, yes, like this was such a it was such a circus, and you know, so many people behaved badly. But at least now, well back then, like we we knew it, right, it became so clear and obvious that sort of the facade had fallen, and now people had a different perspective on the way these things were run. I mean, Mike Nifong, the DA got disbarred.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know Roy Cooper, of course he he remains unscathed by any kind of scandal that anywhere comes close to him for some reason, and I think it there was a red sort of a red pill moment, you know, where people are like, oh, this is the way this runs, this is this is wrong, and so for that because like you said, this has been going on in other places and so maybe this you know, like, yes, there was damage done to all of the people of North Carolina and witnessing all of this, and on the other hand, we're now aware of it.
Speaker 1: You know, so sure, But there's also other portrators. There's also other people should be apologizing. In fact, this morning as well from the show, I opened my UH maya Culpa hotline any politician Doke employee among the eighty eight UH and or of course, you know, anybody's got any culpability members of the media who wrote five part series is that had to be taken down by reverse documentaries to talk about how full of crap news and observer was. They should all of them, all of them have and and I, yeah, I got zero calls.
Speaker 4: Well, well that is surprising.
Speaker 5: That is really surprising. Well, okay, so maybe if the Wilmington race riots and the news and observers role in that, if if that's our yeah, right, if that's our indication, then you know, one hundred years boom, they'll have the they'll have the apology.
Speaker 1: Okay, I gotta wait, all right, well I gotta transition obviously to like two other things, man. But the whole thing I did not have it on my Bingo card yesterday when it was putting show prep together. I think it's for sure. Yeh, Luigi, Luigi, dude.
Speaker 4: I saw mushrooms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you saw the You saw the woman down in Florida who was rained yesterday because she's forty two. She's had a claim deny by Blue Cross. So she's on customer service, which we all know is recorded, we all know we're and she's like and she didn't just threaten to kill him. She said the denied delay, she said the thing right, and and then was taken to cussy. She's facing like ten years, man, She's facing like ten years. So the question is, I don't know how normal this woman was to start, but I think most people, even in their most seething anger on customer service, know that that's a line you don't cross. She felt empowered to cross it. And I was told, and I'm sure you remember this around twenty sixteen, that you with these little things, it dehumanizes people. And if you say that, eventually you're going to end up with violence. And yet every time we end up with violence, it's always seemingly in the other direction. Why would this woman feel empowered enough to cross that line and then the kind of like double down on it. What changed in a week? And I think I think we all know the answer.
Speaker 5: Yes it is, Luigi. We are so when you are presented with a murder and the murderer is quite obviously off his rocker, Okay, it is clear that this guy, this assassin is had a psychotic break of some kind, right, and he is at the age where it happens to dudes, especially if dudes are experimenting with a bunch of hallucinogens, and so that is not surprising. So that's one thing. Then reaction to the murder has been disturbing and grotesque.
Speaker 4: It is this.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying he should have killed him, but I understand. And what you're doing there is creating a permission structure. And we saw it in twenty sixteen through twenty twenty with the riots, the fiery but mostly peaceful destruction of American cities during the first Trump term. Right, And when you take a permissive attitude towards this thing at a societal level, you will get more of it, right, because you've lowered the barrier for entry, the costs to enter that arena. And that's what we are seeing. It's much like I went over this yesterday you back in I was unaware of this. This is before my time, But in nineteen seventy one, in nineteen seventy two, there were twenty five hundred bombings in America bioactists of police stations. Yeah, right, I just I didn't realize the scale of the violence that the left brought in American society and then.
Speaker 1: Crashed the Capitol. The Black panthers, They insurrected the Capitol. I think a lot of people forget this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they bombed the Senate building. A US Senate building was bombed like so, and and what happens to the people that participated in this kind of violence? And they ended up with gigs at the very kinds of institutions that we were just talking about, like you know, Columbia and university.
Speaker 1: Professor and Buddies, Bill Ayers and remember remember that whole thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Miss of environment is of people that are supposed to be the one who set a good example in society. I mean, it's not that they do, but it's pretty it's a room full of criminals. Being permissive is remarkably different than Elizabeth Warren in aoc on record saying exactly what you said, I shouldn't murder, but I understand why you'd murder that guy. And what do you get this woman in Florida and Washington the road signs got hacked and said one CEO down, more to go. They're putting room posters around New York. It's it's crazy, so.
Speaker 5: Right, and it's it is. Then there's another thing in what sociology called the preference cascade. It's in economics as well, where you know, first there is a thing that is unimaginable, whether it's new technology or it's a riot. And then once one person picks the brick up and you know, bashes a window in, then somebody else sees it, they become empowered to do it. And then somebody who would never do it first they've now seen two people or three people or ten people do it. Now they participate, and you end up with this cascade effect, you know, slowly at first, then very quickly, and that's how you get these rolling sort of a social contagion kind of aspect to it. And this is why it's like it's like the blueprint for the school shootings and mass shootings. Social contagion preference cascades explain a lot of this behavior.
Speaker 1: And what's pretty crazy to me is that they will sit here and they'll go, well, look, this has to happen. So the CEOs get the message and they change their ways. If you think there is inherently evil and don't I ever forgot the part where we had a whole presidential campaign where every single rally one of the candidates said the CEOs are greedy. They're trying to starve you with food prices. They're evil, evil, evil, tax the rich eat the rich. Right, we had a whole campaign that really refortified this stuff. And so I guess my question becomes, do you think the CEO's just gone, No, everything's wrong. In fact, we're gonna make the same as the janitor. Are you all happy?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: You know they're gonna do. They're gonna the guys that run academy over in the eastern part of the state, you know, the militia dudes, they're gonna make a crap ton of money. Because I was reading an article and then I actually texted a guy that I know who trains people, his ex military trains people for like protection details. He said that he got like a thousand phone calls like he can't, he can't physically, there's no way he can well fill all the orders. That's what we're going to do. And now you get this further separation there, So good.
Speaker 5: Luck with yeah, yeah, and yeah, it's going to be a boon for police officers looking to retire and go into you know, a you know, a better line of work where you just have one client to protect, uh, and and hang out with and you know, instead of an entire zone or a district. But yeah, I mean like this, but look at its core, Leftism always requires violence. It always ends up in the same place.
Speaker 1: That's all. If you look at his that's only nine.
Speaker 5: That's fair.
Speaker 4: No, that's fair.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's fair. And so the challenge here is that you have a media infrastructure that refuses to ask Democrats whether they've got the kind of problem that the Democrats accused Republicans of having inside of their own party. There is a violent strain inside leftism, and that is inside the Democrat base, and they will not be asked about it. They will not be called out for it. Democrats are not challenging their own They're not saying except for maybe Fetterman they I mean, because we saw it with the the pro Hamas Holes protests, they're not. They have a very difficult time because at the core, I think it comes back to where we started, which is this idea that oh, I'm not saying you should do it, but I understand and that right there is the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, one hundred percent, which is why I'm kind of hoping it is aliens. Thirty seconds, what the Hell's going on? What's going on up there? Manes? I ran mothership? Yeah I got thirty seconds?
Speaker 4: You got it?
Speaker 1: You got no? Not really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I'm I'm.
Speaker 5: Kind of disappointed in New Jerseyans, New Jersey, owens, New Jersey.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they call it, balance of humanity weighed by them accidentally snatching snookie. Okay, I don't, I don't want to are are.
Speaker 5: I'm disappointed that there haven't been people shooting at those things.
Speaker 1: I think there have. I just think they're very bad at it because they hold the god rideways. All Right, I gotta I got, I got a roll man, Thank you very much, appreciate Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, there you go, Pete Calender and we'll be right back. Just a reminder that if you're going to do some heisting, plan ahead, plan ahead pays big dividends, Like you know, you don't end up like these two idiots. So, a man and a woman we're accused of stealing was about twelve thousand dollars in jewelry. It sounds like it was in a not a bank, but some other secure facility. I don't know what that would be. I guess maybe one of those stores or not one of the stores, but maybe there's there are some little outside of the bank type of safe deposit boxes. But whatever, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter what they start, It doesn't matter what it was. They stole eleven thousand in jewelry from one of the containers. Okay, all right, so this is near Seattle, and so their plan was they would they'd leave the scene via suv. Then they would run across to this marina and then they were gonna get in a boat and then I guess just drift off into the fog like they're pirates or something. And so they'll, you know, because they realize there's cameras, so they'll see the suv, but maybe they'll lose them, I guess in the marina or whatever. And well, it didn't go to plan, because there's a thing you gotta do, right if you're preparing for a heist there and there's multiple things now because you have multiple getaway vehicles, so you want to make sure obviously the SUV's and d and running order, it's got it's got a full take of gas in case you they're too close and you need to make a run. It's it's as inconspicuous as possible. Maybe you swap plates out or something. I don't know, but you know, you prepare, what do you what do you think you do with the boat? What do you think the bare basic thing you should do with the boat is? And if you said make sure it floats and has both oars, you are correct, and they did not. So actually, and this is this is what gets a little weird. So they actually had a different boat. They were going to take. A different boat they were going to take. And when I say a rowboat, it's like one of the you know those rowboats, like if you go to a lake that has like the little couple's boats where you can putts around. It's not even a full rowboat. So they leave the s the suv hads of rolling over because they turn too sharply coming into the marina. They're then forced to try to grab a different boat. All they can find is this rowboat, uh, and they push it off into the water. It had been dry dock. They push it into the water and they and they start paddling with one paddle. There was also a piece of wood in there, so they tried to use that as another paddle, but it's like a flat piece of plyboard. And the reason the plyboard was in there is because there's a hole in the bottom of the boat that they exposed when they ripped the plyboard up, so they started sinking and then ended up having to call nine to one one to get rescued. There you go, this is this is why you get a warehouse and you you get all the schematics gotta have you gotta have schematics kids, and then uh, you know, maybe just not do stuff like that absolutely because you had a plan. You had a plan that actually made sense, because they are going to be tracking your sue if you look how well they contract stuff. Do you know that they in San Francisco police identified Luigi four days before they arrested them almost immediately when that second picture came out. And the reason is is because authorities in San Francisco just a couple of weeks prior Luigi's family reported him missing an official missing person. This guy didn't just drop off the grid in Hawaii. They also found out that he decided he was going to go putts around Asia too. Does this guy work or is this it's got to be family money? I mean, I know he has a degree, but like, I haven't seen anything where he was working for the past few years. So the twenty six year old dropped off the face of the earth soon after leaving his living space in Hawaii. They now suspect he was around Asia based on some social media posts, spending quite a bit of time, quite a bit of time, months and months and months actually just hopping around Thailand, Japan and other Asian nations, although not going near the big stuff, but basically going in like living in tiny little villages. Yeah, I think Pete's right. I think this dude and kind of what we suspect Ross. I bet he's over there just doing all the drugs too. He's doing all the drugs he was doing all the drugs in Hawaii. And whether he's seeking them out because of the back issues or he just wants to see dragons, I don't know. But you couple that with the potential that he could have been essentially realizing that he might have schizophrenic caitch condition, which is something that happens around that age. There's a lot that we don't know. But immediately San Francisco recognized him, so they knew who it was because I saw people wondering, like, how is it Nobody recognizes this dude? What's going on? Well except for the McDonald's person, except for the McDonald's person, which I still haven't seen. If they got the sixty thousand dollars, I really want them to have that. So they they were onto him pretty quick, and then it was just a question trying to track him. Well, he essentially got rid of electronics. He wasn't posting on social media, so if not for the McDonald's person, it may still have been very, very difficult, unless they were using secure you know, their alien security drum is there to come find him, and he's probably screwed. All right, let me let me grab this. Uh No, I played that? Okay? I did play all the stock exchange audio. Thought I had one more left. And speaking of weirdness, the remember the guy in Wisconsin who faked his own death so he could go move to is Bekistan too because he met some met some hottie from his Bekistan on there who I'm sure her video camera was always broke. It sounds like it kind of was, because she would they only had photos and the one thing here and not video exchange. And and so he gets a he gets a kayak. He goes out in the middle of Green Lake, and he did so because it's the deepest lake in the state of Wisconsin. That's not a obviously not you know, Lake Superior or Lake Michigan. But so he goes out there intentionally, has a little rubber raft, gets that, paddles in, grabs a bus, rides the bus to Toronto, I think, clear customs without a driver's license, which is impressive. That's how I ended up on the radar. And then he flew to his Bekistan and his family thought he was dead. His community thought he was dead. They were already in the moving on phase. It had been quite some time. Well, then they figured out he wasn't dead. They figured out what was up, and they pled with him. They're like, please come home, and they had that sad picture of his family standing there, which I don't know why you'd want the guy back. He just left you for some random who which random was a Bekistan woman who may not be a woman or a person in whose Bekistan. As it turns out that may be the case, because you're reading the article and there's some clues in here. Well, dude came back and was taken into custody. Obviously there are crimes when you fake this, and they expend tens of thousands of dollars, and then there's the insurance broadside of it. So they took him into custody. I can't image. Can you imagine being a fly in the room on visitation day when that wife shows up for the first time. Now, the question I think you're all wondering is what about his new hottie in Uzbekistan? Well, they're being a little KOI here. Let's see. One of the investigators was this guy's name put All put All put All, and he announced that investigators to make contact with his name. Of the guy's name is Borgwalt. Who's the guy who tried to disappear himself, and they were quote pulling at his heartstrings. The sheriff told reporters are at a news conference that Borgwat returned to the US willingly, turned himself in and requested at Green Lake County Government Center. He said he at this time is declining to detail Borgwart's return trip, saying he got on an airplane and when asked what caused him to want to return, the sheriff with a slight chuckle, said that's going to be up to him someday. We're not gonna release that. But it wasn't good, and we brought a dad back on his own ross. There was no check, was there? Oh And when he got to Uzbekistan, they he said that some stranger met him and made him go to Georgia and not Atlanta Georgia, the other Georgia. So it sounds like this dude may went over there, got absolutely rolled and had no choice but to return. And that's pretty bad because think about what you're think about the buzzsaw. You're coming back in all right? Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. That's the phone number, Ray Stagic. He's got his own special line.
Speaker 6: Yeah special.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: You know not much? So what what do you really think of the Belichick higher? What's the under over on wins? I say less than six.
Speaker 1: Here's here's what I think. It's pretty genary. I think it's gonna whatever way it's gonna end end spectacularly.
Speaker 6: Yes, really really good or really really bad.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot of I don't think so, I don't think in a press conference, yesterday and and I was watching it and he's like my first my first words as a baby were beat Duke. And I'm like, I.
Speaker 6: Just if he's going to do the recruiting, could you see, Hey, we're gonna have Bill over for dinner.
Speaker 1: I mean they talked about that, I know his thing.
Speaker 6: They definitely got to do like a follow around with him. But anyway, next few days, I think we're going to be in good shape. There is some rain in the forecast. Don't look like a bunch on Sunday, but today and tomorrow will rain free. Start to see some clouds come in from the west today, mid fifties. Try it may stay in the low fifties, low mid thirties. Tonight we will clear those. That batch of clouds goes through Saturday, looks good up the low fifties and then that light rain possible on Sunday. We kind of get wedged in with a northeast breeze, so maybe a little cooler, stay in the forties of the triad west into the mountains, low fifties, and then around the Triangle, and then Monday suns back we'd get back into the sixties. Might hit seventy by Tuesday with the next chance of showers next week does look a little unsettled. But I don't see the wintery presept We're kind of every other day looking at some rain and shower chances. So you know, we'll be busy. We'll be busy. So that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know you want it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, you want that weather. And what do you like? Army Navy?
Speaker 1: I you know, i'd be honest, probably Army.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna go Army too. I got a nephew in the dude. There's Ggia military cab.
Speaker 1: You know there's an NFL line that's sixteen and a half points this weekend.
Speaker 6: Who's that?
Speaker 1: Cowboys, Panthers, No, no, not even you guys, No, Giants and Baltimore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, what is it? Bill's lines? Is the best team Sunday?
Speaker 1: Right? I think we don't speak of that.
Speaker 6: Oh don't we don't? Okay? Sorry? Ross?
Speaker 1: Why are you bringing up Ross? That's well, Bills right to see here, nothing to.
Speaker 6: See, nothing to see them break see up? A good weekend?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, Yeah, we don't need to get into that. That's a stress inducing all right. Eight forty six Jeff Bellinger's next hang on, how are you Casey, Let's start off with this.
Speaker 11: According to economists survey by Bloomberg News, Federal Reserve officials will lower interest rates this month for a third rate time, and cut back the number of rate cuts anticipate next year to three. The Fed is expected to deliver a quarter point rate cut at the next meeting, which begins on December seventeenth. New challengers are emerging on the obesity treatment drug market, currently dominated by Nova, nor Disc and Eli Lilly. Results are expected in twenty twenty five on dozens of mid stage patient trials from large drug makers to startups. Now the goal, Casey is to produce medicines that stimulate greater weight loss, cause fewer side effects, while needing to be taken less frequently. The Container Store is preparing to file for banker seen the next few weeks, according to people with knowledge of its plans. The company has been dealing with escalating liquidity woes as well as mounting losses. The report says that the retailer plans have the lenders take control of the firm. At the end of September, the Container Store had one hundred and three stores across the country. President like Trump met with the leaders of the International Longshoreman's Association and express support for the union, which is concerned about the impact of automation on American workers. Trump says it'll harm workers and send profits to foreign countries. Now, the union could potentially strike again starting January fifteenth over the use of semi automated cranes. The employer's group says the technology is necessary to allow US ports to remain competitive. Elon Musk on Next says the SEC is investigating his brain computer interface company, Neuralink Corp. While also preparing to take action against him for his purchase of Twitter. Musk's lawyer did not reveal why neural Link was being investigated now. Musk says he was given a forty eight hour deadline to accept a settlement from the SEC over its probe and took his Twitter stock purchase.
Speaker 1: Before he actually bought the company.
Speaker 11: Amazon's the latest tech giant to donate a million dollars to President elect Donald Trump's inaugural fund, joining Meta Platforms. Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is also scheduled to meet with Trump next week.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 11: Tech companies have been looking to build good relationships with the incoming administration. Trump has had a good relationship with Elon mut Musk and he does and he has recently met with Mark Zuckerberg.