Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. These guys are your favorites, so like to say subscribe and raid it. Lip Star and me.
Speaker 2: Just go on Yesterday and listening.
Speaker 1: Watching Lim always keep its watching.
Speaker 3: And now your hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Bubo Fay.
Speaker 1: Good day, Bobo, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Good day, sir. I'm finding you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing all right. I'm pretty excited about our guests today. I want to hop right into it because I know that you have a You've got an appointment you have to make here, so let's jump right into it. We have a fantastic witness this I met this guy a few years ago at that event that used to happen here in Portland called a Hopsquatch Guy Edwards Speaking event he used to do monthly, and this gentleman and I just hit it off. We became really good friends. And turns out he has two observations of sasquatches that are very very impressive at very close range. And I know how much you love doing witnesses, so I thought Glenn would be a fantastic guest for Bigfoot and Beyond. So, Bobo, I don't think you've ever met Glenn. But here he is Glenn, Bobo meet each other.
Speaker 4: Pleased to meet you, Bobo, you see Glenn.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming on.
Speaker 1: You bet all right, Glenn. So give us a lowdown, man. I mean, how long has Bigfoot been on your radar? And I know that you had one of your sightings when you're quite young. So were you aware of sasquatches before you saw one?
Speaker 4: ORed it?
Speaker 1: Or was that the baptism by fire so to speak?
Speaker 4: Well, that was back in nineteen seventy one, and I had heard about sasquatch, but I never never was very interested and never had a sighting or anything. But when I was ten years old outside of Watertown, New York, out in the back we lived out in the out in the country a little bit was in the Air Force and he was stationed there in Watertown and me and my neighbor there was only the two houses David and he and I were walking out back in the woods and that's when we had the siding out there.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, tell us about what you saw on how it came about then.
Speaker 4: Sure, sure, David and I were walking. There's a little path heads out towards a little creek out back, and we were walking on the path and we were talking and we just happened to look at each other and we both tripped on a tree route both at the same time. We fell down, and there was a log laying across the trail, and we almost hit our head on the log, and I remember thinking, Wow, I'm glad I didn't hit my head on that. And we both start getting up and I look over the log. I'm still laying down, but I'm just trying to get up, and I look over log and right there in front of me is the crick. Right on the other side of the creek. There there was this animal that had taken a tree and had worked the tree up and bent it over, and it was it was eating the leaves off the top of the tree, and it hurt us, and it stopped from picking a leaf right before it put it in its mouth, and it turned and looked at us and let the tree go, and the tree whipped back up in the air, and then it turned around and walked away down the trail on the other side of the crick. And I realized that that was not a gorilla, because I kind of That's one of the first things that went through my mind was, oh, my god, it's a gorilla. Well no, it was, you know, larger and just shaped differently. So anyways, my friend David and I we get up and run back to our houses like our asses were on fire, scared. It's pretty good. But looking back on that, you know, I know there's no way that that was somebody dressed up in a monkey suit or anything like that, because of the extraordinary physical feet that it had performed right in front of us by literally bending a tree over that was pretty tall and eating the new leaves off the top.
Speaker 1: How big around do you think that tree was that it was bending over.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't really know. I would say probably at least a couple of inches, because it was probably a I bet you it was a fifteen foot tall tree, something along those lines. But I was so focused on the animal itself and that I wasn't really looking, you know, at the base of the tree. But I do recall that when it let go of the tree, it whipped back up very quickly, and it was much taller than the animal.
Speaker 1: Idea what kind of tree it was looking back now, No.
Speaker 4: Just a leafy tree.
Speaker 1: A leafy tree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what type of tree.
Speaker 1: It was actually, well, Glenn, why don't you you got a pretty good look at this thing. It was pretty close. Can you describe the face for us or what you observed, like did you see teeth or the nose or ears or anything like that.
Speaker 4: No, not on not on that one. That one it was it was black. It had black fur. It was it was quite large. But the way that the sun was I think it was slightly backlighting the animal, so I couldn't really get a good look at the face other than it was it was black. This it was very dark, and then of course it turned around and walked away. But so on that occasion, I did not get to see the face very clearly.
Speaker 3: Could you see the hair length like a DIFFERENTI like a differentiation between the thickness of the hair.
Speaker 4: Well, it was not super long hair. I would say it was a medium. It wasn't short like a bear, you know, bare hair is pretty short. Is longer than that, but not like long light in orangutank or anything like that. I'd say it was in the middle, but it was very dark. It was black.
Speaker 1: I hear from witnesses sometimes who observe sasquatches in their back lit that the outside fringes, so to speak of the hair are kind of reddish tinge because of the light coming through. Did you see that as well? Or was it just pure black?
Speaker 4: No? I did not see that. It looked pure black to me.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Now, was it close enough that you could make out any of the hands or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Yes, When it had the tree bent over and I saw it actually take its right hand, it had the tree bent over with its left hand. It had its right hand and it was plucking the new leaves off the top. And that's when it started going towards its mouth, and it stopped midway, and that's when it turned and looked at me and David, and then it hesitated just for a moment, and then it let the tree go. It did not continue with the leaves to its mouth, and I'm sure it just dropped those, but it let the tree go, and then it turned to its left and walked down the walk down the trail. Because when we saw it on the other side of the crick, it was facing to my right and had the tree bent down from the trail on if I was had been traveling forward on the right hand side.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's a very specific question for you that you may not be able to answer. When it was holding those leaves, did you notice if it was holding them between its thumb and the other fingers or between just a couple of the fingers.
Speaker 4: It looked to me between the thumb and the fingers. It looked like it was plucking off just like a human would.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: And that's exactly because I saw reach and grab them and then going towards its mouth, and it looked like it was between its thumb and fingers.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because the literature, of course says that sasquatches do not have opposed thumbs, but other literature and points points out that that does not mean that they're not opposed a bull. And I think that's a big confusion in the Bigfoot community, thinking that the Sasquatches cannot put their fingers their their their thumb to their fingertips just because they're they have a wonky thumb. You know, it's positioned different on their hand than it is on human hands based on the evidence that's been collected. But when Grover Krantz wrote this not opposed in the same way, people took that as like, you're not able to oppose it and that's just simply not true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because that's what it looked like to me, and I remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's really neat. And what was the skin color like on the hands and whatever else?
Speaker 2: Black?
Speaker 1: The skin color is also black? Interesting, very interesting.
Speaker 4: Now, how did that encounter end by David and I jumping up and running as fast as we could back to our homes.
Speaker 1: Did you tell anybody?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I went in and told my parents right away. I don't know if David said anything to his folks, but I went in and told my parents right away, and they were like, no, they didn't believe me. Years later, you know, they did come to believe me, and my dad said, well, you know, I'm not sure if I would even want to have gone out there and seen anything, but I'm sure, you know, being that probably the weight of the animal and that it was so near a crick there, I bet you the dirt was soft enough that if he had gone back out with me, I bet you there would have been footprints.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys still in touch with David?
Speaker 4: No, No, I haven't seen him since fifty years ago when this happened, and my dad was in the Air Force and we moved around a lot, and then you know, when he retired, we moved to Eugene. And that's when I was camping when I had another encounter, very close to Eugene and just right there late as okay, okay, this was in nineteen seventy seven. I was sixteen years old and me and my friend Aaron would go up to this one area outside of Eugene. And now it's got a lot of houses, but back in that time, there weren't as many houses. And this is for people who know the Eugene area. This is out thirtieth and it goes up over a hill and then it goes towards I five. Well, right out there by I five is the Lane County Community College and going up Highway thirty. We took our bikes up there, and we've been camping up there before with some of our other friends, so this was not a new area to us. And we went up and the asphalt stops. There's a guardrail, and then we would there was a dirt road that continued past that guardrail. Well, we would go down and hide our bikes and take the sword ferns and cover them up so hopefully nobody stole them. And on this particular occasion, we had an army pup timp that my grandmother had purchased for me at a flea market or something, so it was that old heavy canvas style. And Aaron and I had gone down to this one area that we'd been on several occasions. Before. You go down and you kind of have to run down the side of the hill and then you go through and you go through this old stream bed that's overgrown, and then you go through the wood some more and then there's a big field, an open field, and then right on the other side of that field is like a little tiny oblong clearing and that clearing is where we would set up camp, and that's where we did on this particular occasion. And so we had taken some chicken down and all that. Well, there's so much top soil around that we didn't really have any rocks to put on our little grill to cook our meal. So Aaron he wanted to go back. He had forgotten something, and I said, okay, fine, you know, I'll go back to So we take our bikes, we go back, We leave all our stuff there, we leave the tent set up, all our gap there. We didn't have any firearms, so the only had to hatchet with us. And we're sixteen, and so we go back and we each get on our bikes and we agree to meet back where we hide our bikes. And I remember this very clearly at four point thirty in the afternoon. So we go down and he gets whatever he's going to get, and I come back up and I'm a little early, and I think I was there like four o'clock or something instead of four to thirty. And Aaron is at the guard rail where the asphalt ends and the dirt road starts. He's not down there waiting for me where we hide our bikes before, you know, before we go into the campsite, and he looks upset and I go, hey, Aaron, what's going on. He goes, well, so I thought we were going to meet down there, and he says, well, he says, I was. I was down there waiting for you. And he said, well, I can hear something walking around me, but I can't see anything. And I said, well that, you know, I'm thinking that's kind of strange. So we both go down there, We look around, don't see anything. We take our bikes cover them up with the sword ferns. And I'm looking around and it's it's you know, tall trees, sword ferns. There's not really I don't see how anything could be walking around you. And you can hear the footsteps but not see anything. I just it didn't make any sense. So anyways, so Aaron and I we each grab two rocks, one in each hand, and those are for the for the corners of the grill, so we have something, you know, to hold the grill up so we can cook our chicken with. And Aaron's walking in front of me, and we go down the steep little gray there that you kind of have to almost run down. It's too steep to walk, so we kind of run down that, and then we go through the woods a little bit, and then we come to that old stream bed that I had mentioned earlier. Now it's all overgrown and everything, and or then it was. And Aaron's in front of me, and we just get to the bottom of that old stream bed and Aaron drops the rock in his left hand and it falls on the ground and it snaps a twig and the twig goes snap, and I'm watching him. I'm standing up. He's bending over, and I'm watching his left hand go out and he's just about there to pick up the rock, and we both hear a snap of another twig off to our right. Well, as I'm turning my head to the right, I can see Aaron starting to turn his head to the right as well. Well. They are just a few feet I'd say, not more than not more than twenty feet, maybe even closer than that. There is a creature that has the bushes parted with both hands. He's looking right at us, and when I turned around and looked, he got a surprised look on his face, like, oh crap, they saw me. And he let the bushes go, and he turned to his left, which is back towards the road that we came from, the dirt road, and he knocks down this small tree that it was probably a good oh probably a good three inches across, and he takes his right arm and as he's moving his right arm across, it's covering up his whole head. I can't even see his head. His arm is massive, and he knocks that tree down and that tree goes down just wham. I mean no, it wasn't like he brushed it aside or anytime, he flattened it and then he took off running. Well, this creature here was reddish. I had mentioned the one outside of Watertown was all black. Well, this one was a deep red and it was very clean looking. And I've heard a lot of people talk about when they've had an encounter they smelled something. Well, on neither occasion did I smell anything. But he looked really clean looking, like I said so. But when I looked at a face, his face was completely jet black skin, and I remember there's this huge crease across his left his left cheek. But when he looked as he just the expression on his face was so human, and it looked exactly to me like someone had taken a gorilla and a human and had made it them. It looked to be an exact cross, and it looked very intelligent. I could see just a flash of its teeth. I didn't really notice the whites around the eyes or anything. For some reason, I had focused in on the side of its face where this huge crease was.
Speaker 2: Was it a scar?
Speaker 4: No, I think it was a natural crease. It didn't look like a scar. Looked like, you know, like when people get older and they start getting creases in their face.
Speaker 1: Kind of like a leathery skin sort of that deal like that, or yes, yes, exactly interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So Aaron and I are standing there and we're like, oh my god, you know, what are we going to do? And I said, well, obviously he didn't want to have anything to do with us, and he's going the opposite way from our campsite. So we said, well, fine, let's go to our campsite. It's already set up and everything. So we go down there and we don't have any problems, no issues, And so that night we built the fire up so that in the morning we'd still have embers and not have to restart the whole fire, just put some on and get it going again. Well, the morning comes around and I hear footsteps walking around the tent and the first thing I thought was, oh my god, he's back to kill us, and it scared the crap out of me. And I had a cotton sleeping bag and Aaron had a nylon sleeping bag, so every time he would move, you'd hear the swish swish, so but when I moved, it was silent. So I slowly got out of the out of my sleeping bag and I went up to the front flaps of this you know, this army pup tent, and it's canvas. You can't see anything through it. There's no windows or anything. And I just barely parked the two flaps on the front and there is this big german shepherd kind of hunkering down, sticking his nose towards the fire and sniffing at it. And so I'm so relieved it's not Bigfoot back to kill us. Without thinking about it, I grab the hatchet and I jump out of the tent and I have the hatchet raised above my above my head, and I scream at the dog. Ah. You know, well, you would think that the dog, you know, surprising any animal, you'd get a reaction to jump back or do something. You'd think it it elicits some kind of a surprise response or something. Well, this dog didn't do any of that. He just stood right there and didn't even flinch. And he's looking at me in my eyes, and then his eyes go up and he's looking at the hatchet, and then he comes back down and looks in my eyes. And now Aaron's gotten out of the tent, so we're both standing there and this dog turns around and goes down to the end this little kind of oblong area where our tent was set up. On one side, then there's a tree line, then there's that big field on the other. Well down at the end of this little clearing where we are, there's a little rise there, a little little tiny hill, and on the other side of that there's this super small little craig, probably about as big around as your finger. So this dog goes down and he stands up on this little mound and stands there and looks at us, And it's a German shepherd, no caller, and he turns around and he walks into the woods. And then another German shepherd comes up and stands on the little mound in the same exact position, looks at us, turns around, goes back in. And another and another and another. There were six German shepherds, not one of them had callers on, and they all did the exact same behavior. They took their time. They all went up on the hill, looked at us, and then walked back in the woods. He wasn't the same one, because you could tell where one was coming out of the woods and the other one had walked back where the one that had stood on the little mound. It walked in the woods in a different area than where the other ones were coming out of, so I don't think it was circling around the same one. I'm pretty sure it was six different animals.
Speaker 2: How good was the lighting?
Speaker 4: Oh? Excellent? Excellent, And I wish I'd pay more attention to the actual pattern of the fur on the animals, So you know, I could definitely say that it was a different animal, but I'm sure it was a different animal every time, six of them.
Speaker 1: How weird. I love that little It's like a weird punctuation mark at the end of an already strange situation. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: So Aaron and I are getting kind of you know, this is getting pretty creepy now, right, So we're saying, okay, well, we're going to just look around a little bit and see what's going on in that big field beside us. We'd been out there before, when we'd been camping before. Well, we go out there and we see this lean to structure right on the other side of the field and there's nobody around, and it was pretty elaborate lean to, and someone had built it and put animal skulls all over the lean to. Well, that pretty much ripped it for us right there. Okay, so we see, we see this bigfoot, we see these these six German shepherds that are acting weird, not scared of us at all, and then we see this lean to covered skulls. We went and packed our stuff up and never went back. And I've asked Aaron, you know, I still know him today, and he says that he remembers it slightly different, and which I'd love to get his you know, what his complete story was. But I remember it very clearly, like it was yesterday, even though it was you know, forty something years ago. And he said that by the time he turned his head, he remembers the hand going across its face before it knocked down the tree. And that animal was pure black skin and reddish. And that was interesting.
Speaker 1: Tree that it knocked down. Was it already kind of dead? Was it just a snag or was it a living viable.
Speaker 4: No, it was a living tree, yeah, because I remember the leaves and everything as it was going down.
Speaker 1: It just wham.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was another example of superhuman strength. That That's why I don't believe it was anybody out there in a suit or a costume trying to scare a couple of kids in the woods. I don't believe that was the case of that.
Speaker 3: In the enter in between your first setting and the second seting, were you like just obsessed with Bigfoot at that point?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, As a matter of fact, and even afterwards, I've always been interested, but it didn't it didn't consume my life. I didn't go out and try to find it all the time or anything like that.
Speaker 2: What the hell's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 4: But what I did do was when we moved from New York and before the second siding, I actually my mom took me down to a Bigfoot organization in Eugene and they had a big map with pins all over from different sightings, and I told him my story, and I remember that they put a pin up off of a watertown, New York.
Speaker 2: And yeah, the cliff what group thought might have been No.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm wondering if that would be like what is his name, Ron Olson? I think that he was down there around that time in the nineteen seventies. That's his name, right, the guy did the Sasquatch movie with the Yeah, maybe that was him. I'm not really sure who else might have been down there at that time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And unfortunately I don't recall. I just remember my mom taking me down to their their office and telling them the story and then them putting the pin on the map.
Speaker 2: They got a cool mom. Those ones took me to a psychiatrist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well you know they didn't. They didn't believe me for a while, but I just told him, Nope, that's what I saw, and that's the truth, and I'm not you know, I'm not making anything up. And finally both my parents came to believe me. And and interesting, my dad just passed away on New Year's Day this year, but we were just talking about it last year before he passed away, and that's when he had told me that, you know, he is not sure that he would have wanted to go down and look around in Watertown when we saw it by the creek, you know, because I'm sure he would have seen some footprints, but he was like, nope, that would have would have freaked him out. So he says, I'm glad I didn't go back down with you.
Speaker 1: Do you think that since you had already seen one, that perhaps the impact of seeing the second one was less than it would have been otherwise, or had it seeing one before change the experience of seeing it the second time for you?
Speaker 4: Well, I think the first time, it just looked over at me and David and then obviously was like, nope, he's not gonna met you know, We're not I'm not going to kill these kids. I'm not going to mess with them nothing, just turned around and walked away. So I didn't feel threatened. And then of course on the second occasion, when he was right there and I'm looking him right in his face, the look on his face was like, oh crap, they saw me. He and then turns around runs away like that knocks that treat. I mean, he obviously didn't want to have anything to do with us, So again I didn't feel threatened. But you know, you do hear stories of people feeling threatened or you know, like the old stories we hear about when people got killed and stuff. But maybe there's all sorts of good ones and bad ones, just like there are people. But I think they're a very intelligent animal. I don't think they're completely wild or anything like that. I think that they have a high level of intelligence.
Speaker 1: And Bobo something to keep in mind here, when he says twenty feet away, you can pretty much take that to the bank. I don't want to tell Glen. Glenn has high level contracts with various corporations and sometimes the government, et cetera for his kind of work, So I don't want to you know, we're going to keep Glenn anonymous essentially, But amongst many things, he has many, many skill sets. I've known Glenn for many years now, but among his skills, his skills are he's literally a ballistics expert in a lot of ways. So when he says twenty feet you can take that to the bank. Man, it's not going to be thirty. It's not going to be fifty. It's going to be twenty maybe twenty one, but that's it. That's one of the reasons I so appreciate Glenn's story is that he doesn't have anything to prove. He doesn't really care, he's not exaggerating, and his estimates for size and distance and all that sort of stuff should be taken at a higher level of confidence than your average witness.
Speaker 3: Because that's saying something as we know, and we measure stuff out later. A lot of people, most people are pretty way off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I strongly think that Glenn's is going to be very accurate. It's kind of like talking to maybe if you're talking to like a professional bowhunter and they tell me that it was seventy five or eighty yards, you can pretty much take that to the bank. And I feel the same way about Glenn, which is why one of the many reasons I want to have him on the show. Plus, clearly he's intelligent and articulate. I've known Lynn for a long time. I know this gentleman is not lying. What he says really did happen. Even the weird dog stuff, you know, I take that to the bank too. If Glenn says it, you can believe it.
Speaker 3: So you know what's funny is hearing about a big foot out there sounds way less weird than hearing about six German shepherds.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I know totally. I think the bigfoot, which yeah, it might it might be un neerving a little scary, but when those dogs showed up, I would that would have been enough for me, Glenn. I would have just left there and never even seen the lean to with the creepy skull decorations this stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we were we were pushing it, but yeah, we after that that that pretty much ripped it. We never went back.
Speaker 3: Did you guys look for cut marks on the where that lean two was or do you remember, like, does it look like they were a snap with any fresh snap branches?
Speaker 4: Well, it looked to me like it was very elaborate. I could did I don't. I don't really recall seeing if they were snapped or broken or cut, but I think because it was so elaborate and fairly large, I think, you know, somebody took a long time to build that. But I was so kind of creeped out and focused in on all the animal skulls and I was like, where the hell they get? I mean, it was just covered in them. I don't know why, but that freaked me out the most. That whole thing just seemed super, super creepy. So we just went back and got the hell out of there.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. Will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: So when you guys went, you guys went there a lot, like, did you ever see anyone down or find people footprints or was earning garbage or you know, well used trails by humans?
Speaker 4: Yes, we had. Uh. I went to South Eugene High School and I was part of student government at the time, and this was the you know, the late seven and we used to go up there quite a few of us students. You know, we'd have a group of ten people or so and we'd go up there and we'd camp there quite often, so we're very familiar with the area. There's there's trails, you know, not super well worn trails, but more like deer paths that we knew how to get down there. And I had seen bear prints up there before. And you know how sometimes a bear it's it's it's left or it's it's rear foot. We'll step on the imprint of its front foot, so it kind of looks like a footprint. And I had seen that up there before in the mud. But I recognized it for what it was. It was a bear, that was and I did not ever think that was a sasquatch or a big footprint.
Speaker 2: Was there homeless people in that area that time?
Speaker 4: No, No, you never saw anything like that. At that time and never saw anybody camping back there and had not seen that lean to. But then again, it had been some time, you know, probably several months since we had been up there, so that afforded someone some time to you know, build an elaborate lean to you like that. And I don't know if it was, you know, a cult thing, or they were living up there, or it's a homeless I have no idea. I just know that I thought that was an inordinate amount of skulls, animal skulls. I was wondering where the hell did they get so many.
Speaker 3: Rick Noll Old School, real well known researcher in the Bigfoot community. He found a nest up in Washington, a bigfoot nest like eight nine foot diameter on a cliff, on a.
Speaker 2: Ledge I think it was. It had a cave.
Speaker 3: It was like a ledge overhang with an overhang over it, so it's kind of like a sort of a cave sort of. And it was a big nest sasquatch nests, and they had skulls on the outside facing down into the valley that had overlooked.
Speaker 2: I believe there was.
Speaker 3: A in the very middle was a mountain lion skull but.
Speaker 1: Didn't you weren't you turned onto this to a nest or some bone site or pit or something like that kind of in the general area witchpack or something back in the day that that sounds familiar to me? Is that is that accurate?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was up off the goro, But I never found that one. I've seen some other I found where there's been animal bones stuck by, like you know, tibias, phibias, ribs, jaws, skulls, but they were like that that was more arranged.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Glenn, do you happen looking back now with the knowledge you have, would you be able to guess at some of the species of animals that you saw the skulls of or was it like deer or cow or raccoon or what?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember that it was it was deer, and I think it was raccoon and possum. A lot of them were of smaller creatures and then some birds as well, but nothing as large as a cow or anything like that. I think it was all you know, I'd ever probably just whether it's either finding them or killing them and eating them and then putting the skulls on the lean to. But it was all stuff like that. Like raccoons and maybe coyote and thinks of that that nature possums stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's even scarier. You know, if there's a couple of cow skulls or something, that'd be all, what an interesting decoration you have to your camp. But like possums and skin, raccoons and birds. Yeah, that's way creepier than I was.
Speaker 4: It was extremely creepy. And that's again you know, I I the seeing Bigfoot there. It was very It scared us, but he's was so obviously not wanting to have anything to do with us and went in the opposite direction. That's why when went hadn't stayed there. I'm sure a lot of people think that's nuts in itself. But then the German shepherds, you know, we're upping the creepiness factor, but that leaned to with the skulls. That was it done the dog still Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was a very strange and encounter. Especially one thing that I still remember to this day was me literally launching myself out of the pup tent with the hatchet above my head. You would think that any other animal would would recoil or run back a few steps or something, and this animal absolutely did not. He just looked up at me like, who the hell do you think you are and stood his ground. And then I was watching his eyes go from my eyes to my hatchet, back to my eyes.
Speaker 2: And then were they extra large?
Speaker 3: Like were the extra large dogs or these different size They were.
Speaker 4: All looked like full grown German shepherds, so fairly large dogs, probably you know, seventy seventy five pounds apiece. What time was it, Well that when we left, that was in the morning, because remember we had been sleeping and we were just woken up by the sound of footsteps around the tent, and that's when I was thinking, oh my god, bigfoots back to kill us. And it was, in fact the German shepherds.
Speaker 1: And you saw the sasquatch in late afternoon, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, yep, that was at about four thirty. Because I was supposed to have met Aaron back at where we hide our bikes at four thirty, but I arrived earlier and so had he, and he was waiting at the guardrail at the end of the asphalt where the dirt road began. And that's when he told me the reason he was waiting for me up there is because he was waiting, had been waiting for us by the bikes or where we hide the bikes, and he could hear footsteps around him, but couldn't see anything, and it creepd him out, so he decided to wait at the guardrail. So when we both went down there, look around, Like I said, it wasn't overly brushy. It was you know, tall trees with a lot of sword ferns. So I'm not sure even if it was a deer or something, unless it was a really small animal that was hidden by the sword ferns that might have been walking around. I don't know how anything could have been walking around and without being seen. And so by the time we got you know that we each got the two rocks walked down. By the time we got down to that old stream bed that was overgrown, I'd say it was probably about four thirty in the afternoon, and this is summertime, so plenty of light.
Speaker 1: And now you said you used to go to this area with some frequency. Did you ever notice like maybe varmint hunters or hunters of any sort in the area. I'm curious about maybe what could have accumulated so many small skulls. Is it just kids, kids shooting at things because that's what kids do. Or what are your thoughts there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'd never seen anybody down there before. Usually just our group, like I'd said, we had, you know, a student government. We all got along and would go down there and to you know, hang out and have our campfires and have fun and everything. But I never saw anybody else there, any other campers that were not within our group. One thing that I had noticed over the times though that we had been down there, is I'd noticed that the woods were always unusually quiet, and you know, normally you'll hear birds and things of that nature. And that's one thing that I'd always noticed up there, that it would just seem too quiet, and you'd hear a squirrel going through the trees or something and it was making it was because the place was so quiet, it'd make a lot of noise. But that is something that I recall, is that they the woods didn't seem to have the birds and just the animals talking and moving about like you will. Like now, you know, I live in the country now and you get all sorts of noises and birds talking, and you know, at night, coyotes and raccoons and all sorts of stuff. But that's one thing that I do remember about that area was it always just seemed a little bit too quiet.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages. I'm just sitting here wondering about the connection between all those dead animals because there were skulls. We know there were dead animals there, and the presence of a sasquatch and maybe even the dog. And I'm trying to it might be one of these chicken, chicken or the egg situations, Like was the sasquatch there because maybe people were critter hunting and there were a bunch of corpses laying around. It was just easy meals to pick up. And you know, in the same sort of way that sasquatches are known to rate up traps, you know that sort of thing. Or was the sasquatch actually doing the killing and then humans might have been in the area collecting the skulls and then using them as decorations on their on their lean to And unless you think that the sasquatch has made the lean to is is that is that something that you've considered.
Speaker 4: Or no, well, you know, actually I had not considered that. I just assumed that it was human. I just I never I never thought that the Sasquatch had built it for some reason when I saw it, I just I just thought a human had built it, and they're probably out of their mind, and I want to I want to get out of here. And you know, one one thing too that on both of my encounters, uh, the one outside of Watertown, New York and the one outside of Eugene, the one thing that I find interesting in both of those is their proximity to to uh, civilization, very close to houses. I mean, uh, it's They're not way on both those occasions, it wasn't way out in the middle of the woods, you know, on some hunting trip where there's nobody around for miles and miles. Both of these encounters were very very close to civilization. I find that interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, how close to the closest homes, would.
Speaker 4: You say, Well, in Watertown, New York, when I was walking with my friend David Gosh, that's only maybe a couple of hundred yards, a couple of hundred meters behind his house. My house was was we had this huge yard about the size almost the size of a football field. And then the house I lived in was on the side of the yard, and his house was on the end of the yard. And then on the other end was the highway that went by, so he was away from the highway. And then the woods behind his house where that little creek was was was not far at all. And I bet you, I bet you now that I think about it, you know, because being a little kid, things look bigger. But I bet you, I bet you it wasn't more than one hundred meters behind his house.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because the behaviors of the Sasquatches in both cases were just like, oh my gosh, they saw me, and they're out of there, like you didn't. Note that this seems surprised almost, or at least we're interpreting the reaction of surprise that it had been seen, and of course leaving the area immediately. Most Sasquatch settings, all right, they just leave, you know, Patterson Giblan film, that's what I said, Like, oh, that's what that is, and they leave right away. But both of these seem rather surprised and got the heck out pretty quickly, and that might be an indicative of them being so close to humans and the houses and whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the black one outside of Watertown, it didn't move with a sense of urgency. Yes, it did let go of the tree and it turned around and walked away, But it definitely did not move with a sense of purpose that the one outside of Eugene. I mean he took off.
Speaker 1: Did you see it run or did his hear it run off into the brush?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I saw him turn, knocked that tree down, and run, So I saw him run, but then he was quickly swallowed up by the brush, So it wasn't like I had eyes on for any length of time after that.
Speaker 1: How far do you think he saw it run?
Speaker 4: Oh? Maybe only about oh six or eight meters before it was covered up by the brush, because it was pretty thickly overgrown.
Speaker 1: And did you hear it just kind of fade off into the distance or else?
Speaker 4: Yes, Yeah, he trumped off. And that's why I knew that he was going the opposite way than we were going, because I could hear him going through the brush.
Speaker 1: And I guess you felt comfortable enough with the distance away it was that you were left alone there by.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I did not feel threatened at all, and neither did my friend Aaron. You know, we talked about, well, what do you want to do, and I said, well, obviously he has. He wants nothing at all to do with us. He's going the opposite direction of camp. I say, we just go ahead and continue with our camping, which is what we did.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Bobo, as I was saying earlier about being able to trust glens observations and estimates of distances, I think you can hear that now by him referencing everything in meters. By the way, he's not saying yard or feeders, He's actually saying meters, because that's what this man does. Essentially, everything is going to be accurate with.
Speaker 2: The Bobot computer.
Speaker 3: It does not compute seeing a big foot twice as a child not being obsessed does not indicate great intelligence.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, interesting, interesting, Yeah, I just you know, I know they're real. I have always been interested in them, but I didn't go out actively looking for them. I felt, actually that, like I was struck by lightning. I felt so blessed essentially by being able to see these animals on two occasions. I almost felt like, well, gosh, what would the chances of me be going out in looking for one and then seeing one again. I just thought that the numbers would be too astronomical. I'd be wasting my time. Though I am very interested in them, and I like to read about them. I like to watch YouTube about them. I like to hear other people's stories about them. And so it's it's not like I'm just no interest. Oh No, I do have a great interest in them. It's just that I think it's like I said, it's I feel like I've been struck by lightning twice and where are the chances of that happening again?
Speaker 1: And also, to be fair, I did meet you at a bigfoot event, so there's some interests there. You are doing the bigfoot thing, just maybe perhaps compared to some of your other friends, you're not as interested as they are.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I think so.
Speaker 3: Hey Glenn, when you saw it run, what was the running style? Like the human? Was the arms pumping a lot?
Speaker 4: It taken its right arm, knocked that little tree down, and then just ran really quickly and was swallowed up by the bush. So I didn't really get alls I saw basically was its back going away from me. I couldn't really tell if the arms were pumping or moving or you know, running like a monkey or anything like that. I just remember it's huge muscular arm knocking that tree down and taking off, and I'm looking at the it's red fur on its back as it's being swallowed up by the bushes.
Speaker 3: Could you see the muscle was it two hair or could you see muscle like definition moving?
Speaker 4: Oh? You could see it was. You could see it was extremely muscular. And like I said, when when it had the bushes parted, and then we turned and looked at it, and it had the look of surprise that it let go of those bushes. Well, when it took its right arm across, I could see its entire hand, which looked like to me, like a cross between a gorilla and a human hand, and then the reddish hair which I mentioned looked very clean. It was hanging down probably about six inches or so. And but the arm was massive that when it moved its arm across, I couldn't even see its head in its neck. Of course, it was probably ducking down as making that movement, but I mean, that's how massive its biceped was, and you could see the huge shoulders and everything. I mean, this was an incredible, incredibly powerful animal.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Glenn, Bobo has a heart out here. He has an appointment he has to take care of, so we're going to let him go right now. But I wanted to thank you so much for joining us on Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. You've been a good friend of mine for a long time and I love your stories and your observations are just fantastic, So thank you very much for sharing them with with the Bobes and I and also our audience.
Speaker 4: Glenn, You're welcome, You're welcome, and thank you for having me on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: I've been hearing the stories and it's always I mean, it's basically with Cliff. There was details I'd never heard before from Cliff hearing it from you, but I'd heard the story so many times I was familiar with it, but as always, when you hear it from the horse's mouth, it's that much better.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you very much, and I look forward to meeting you someday.
Speaker 2: Bobo, me too. All right, I'll catch you guys later.
Speaker 3: All right, folks, thanks for listening to Bigfoot and Beyond, and thanks to Glenn and hit Like Hit Share.
Speaker 2: Let your friends and family know about this.
Speaker 3: We'd appreciate it, and until next week, keep it Squatchy.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond.