Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. I have a theory about this Christmas tree, and I'm using Christmas in quotes. This is a tree brought in by a fantastic home decor company. It's a very expensive tree. It's pink. It's cotton candy pink. It's bright pink, it's rose gold. It is as you said, it gave you a cavity right when you walk in one of the featured ornaments. And now when I say ornament, I mean huge. It's huge these ornaments. It's a ice cream cone and it's about oh, I would say it's fourteen inches by four inches. It's a big ornament. And there's about ten of them on this tree. And they're about eighty four dollars apiece. That's neither here nor there.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 3: My theory is.
Speaker 4: This is big tobacco. Big Tobacco.
Speaker 1: Has come up with these massive ice cream cone ornaments to make us think of ice cream, to make us want more ice cream. That we just talked about the ultra processed foods and the industry and the way they get into your brain with just the packaging and the color of the.
Speaker 4: Box, even the sound, the.
Speaker 1: Bliss points, the sounds, the cyber marketing or whatever they called asonic marketing.
Speaker 3: And I think that.
Speaker 1: They've now gotten into Christmas and they're coming up with these massive ice cream cone ornaments that are all the rage to make, to put ice cream on the brain, because I haven't stopped thinking about ice cream since we walked in here. And yesterday we talked about ice cream and you said it's like when you take two bites of ice cream, you can't stop.
Speaker 4: They because of.
Speaker 1: The sugar and the salt and the fat. And now they've infiltrated our trees.
Speaker 5: So without looking at it, don't look over there. What kind of ice cream do you want right now?
Speaker 3: I want?
Speaker 1: Okay, what I want when because I don't look at me because of the sprinkles.
Speaker 3: I want that like cake batter ice cream.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was going to say that the old Baskin Robbins bubblegum ice cream.
Speaker 1: I never liked that one. It was too sweet for me. But you think this tree is not giving sweet batter. My roommate in college, Kim, her mom Jerry, used to make these cake batter cookies and send them to us in the dorms. Cake if you ever had a cake batter cookie, you know what, I'm going to get the recipe and I'm going to make you some because they are incredible, but you can't stop eating them.
Speaker 3: There Where are you looking at? Are you trying to do news or no?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, I was just trying to focus on sentencing. I see, because the more you talk about cake batter cookies, the less attention I'm going to pay to anything until I get a cake batter curry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll stop talking about it till I find the recipe.
Speaker 5: The man accused of killing nursing student Lake and Riley has been found guilty on all ten counts against him. They are giving witness statements right now in the sentencing. The judge has said that he's already ready to sentence, but we are getting some of the victim's statements. The families of Lake and family members of Lake and Riley. The US Embassy in Kiev has temporarily closed its doors out of an abundance of caution. They said in a statement that the Embassy recommends US citizens in Ukraine be prepared to immediately shelter in the event an air alert is announced. Also along those lines, President Biden has authorized the provision of anti personnel land minds to Ukraine. They say that's going to bolster Keev's defenses against Russian troops as they advance in But it is pretty controversial considering more than one hundred and sixty countries have signed an international treaty ban the use of anti personnel lines, noting the weapons can cause enduring harm to civilians when they're left there. Speaking of Ukraine and Russia and all of the latest Brian suits, host of The Dark Secret Place is going to join us late in the show today and talk more about this.
Speaker 3: Great that'll be fun to hear from him.
Speaker 1: Okay, So La Police are asking for all of our help to find additional victims of two people who have gotten a ticket for straight to Hell. They have been kidnapping and robbing elderly victims. They say that this went on for six months, six month crime spree from June to November. They were operating across the city South La Boyle Heights, MacArthur Park. They have been identified and apprehended, but they believe that these people victimized many more people we don't even know about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're mo is. They would walk up or drive up.
Speaker 5: Sorry, in about a mid twenty tens gray Ford focus hatchback. They get out of the car and they engage with one of these victims, elderly victim, and then claim that they're affiliated with a local church to try to put the victims at.
Speaker 3: Ease, using church for evil.
Speaker 5: One of the suspects then gets out of the car, threatens the victim with physical violence or a handgun.
Speaker 1: Forces them into the vehicle, drives them to another location where they demand money or jewelry, continue to threaten to hurt them if they don't comply.
Speaker 5: Detectives said they were eventually able to identify the suspects in their vehicle. Two were arrested sometime this month, and just yesterday police released two images of the vehicle used in the kidnappings and robberies and hopes they could find additional victims that may not have been contacted. They might see what's going on and come forward. Yeah, that's just straight to hell.
Speaker 1: Straight to hell. You're robbing old people under the guise of God, telling them your church. In front of the eyes of God, he sees everything Anyways, he sees everything. He's watching you right now. Yeah, yeah, he knows what I'm thinking about. Those cookies, cake, better cookies. We have a nice story coming up this hour.
Speaker 5: I doubt it. It just seems like they're such bad news.
Speaker 1: You're just going to be in a bad mood until you get cookies. There are cookies down the hall that could suffice till I get the recipe.
Speaker 4: They come in a paper bag, plastic bag. What do you mean, cookies?
Speaker 1: There's cookie There's a famous amus cookies down there that you can eat ultra processed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I've seen you put down several bags of them, old doc before.
Speaker 5: Hello, let's pull the curtain back, shall we. The fourteenth Daniel Cafi Pastathon is here. Chef Bruno's charity, Katerinas Club provides more than twenty five thousand meals every week to kids in need in southern California.
Speaker 4: And it is all all all all thanks to your generosity. So you can help out.
Speaker 5: You can donate right now when you go to KFI am six forty dot com slash pastathon.
Speaker 1: Or starting today right now, you can stop at any Smart and Final store and donate any amount at checkout. Also you can head into any Wendy's restaurant. Yum, Yum, yum. Now I want a chicken sandwich any Wendy's restaurant and donate five dollars or more and you'll get a coupon book for Wendy's goodies.
Speaker 5: Do not forget. Put this on your calendar right now. We will be doing our all day live pastathon broadcast from the White House Restaurant in Anaheim on Giving Tuesday. It's going to be Tuesday, December third. All of the shows out there, starting with Amy right at five am, all the way up through Mo and Friends at until ten o'clock at night. Comebine, say hi, donate five bucks or more in store, get a coupon book when you go to the Wendy's, et cetera. But we would love to see you out at the White House Restaurant Tuesday, December third.
Speaker 1: Moen Friends, we have friends later with Mo Kelly, but Mo, we have friends. It make you sound like we don't have any friends, that Moe's got all the friends and we've got no friends.
Speaker 4: Well, are we down really rented?
Speaker 3: We kind of don't.
Speaker 5: We read to Amy in the morning show and then we rent Debora while she hangs out with John.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're making it sound weird, like we're renting women.
Speaker 1: All sounds like Amy's wearing her adult Disney outfit today and I would like to rent Inchras.
Speaker 4: Please be careful you might get evicted.
Speaker 1: Oh damn, too soon soon.
Speaker 5: Last night we did the wrap party for the adult theater show for the Matchmaker, and we ate on stage every night. I don't know if you could see that, but it was real food that they brought out.
Speaker 1: Eating real food, and you you you didn't waste a lot.
Speaker 5: Well there was I mean watching there wasn't a lot of food on the plate.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 5: I mean they bring out a chicken every night, and you attacked that chicken. Well, I'm supposed to be a gruss.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm just giving you a hard time.
Speaker 4: Can feel bad about my eating.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was in character, I know, I know.
Speaker 5: But they had cranberry sauce as part of the meal every night. Oh that's cool, which was funny because I as they bought it. You know, They're like, we're not going to go for the expensive stuff. We're just going to get the jelly cranberry sauce that comes out of a jar, and I was like, that is that's because that's the only kind, that's the absolute best kind. So one of the women who was responsible for the food every night brought me a full jar of jelly.
Speaker 4: Cranberry sauce as a gift, which I thought was, well.
Speaker 3: That's nice. Is that the woman whose hands you hold for twenty minutes?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Very funny?
Speaker 5: I so, okay, can we do this here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can take this here.
Speaker 1: We did an complete segment on ice cream ornaments.
Speaker 4: Last are you caught up on shrinking?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't watch the one that dropped last night.
Speaker 5: Just came out last night. I don't want to blow anything for it, but I have this conversation that was really very okay because it stems from your in the play, I hold the hand of Dolly Gallagher at the end of Finally ask her to marry me after she's been badgering me for the entire play to marry her.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you have to hold her hand for that long?
Speaker 4: Okay, easy, dear, It was just weird.
Speaker 5: Listen, sweetie, Sometimes daddy's fall in love with other mommies. I don't like it, but I had that I said that to my wife. I said that we had this discussion and that you were like, it was weird for you to see me holding a hand of somebody who's not my wife. Yeah, And I thought that was nice and it was a that's good. I think that's an actual that's a positive thing. You you envisioned me with my wife, and that's the way it should be. So there's a new that we were watching a television show and again I'm not going to tell you which one, but we were watching a television show where a woman kisses another guy who's not her husband after they'd been hanging out for a while.
Speaker 3: And is it the neighbor with that guy Mac?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now it's gonna make me very uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: It is, And it was that's the whole point of it. Like she realizes in the moment, like what am I? What's happening? And runs away. Then she goes to Harrison Ford's character and says, what do I do? And he's like, you either tell him or you don't. Your husband, you tell him or you don't. If you don't tell him, you live with your guilt for the rest of your life. If I mean, if it's that big of a deal and if you if you do tell him, then now he knows, and that starts a whole other thing, like there's two paths and neither one of them is a great path. So then my wife says, at the end of the show, would you tell me if you kissed somebody else?
Speaker 4: And I go and I'm you got mad?
Speaker 3: I know mad?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well wait a minute, would you tell me if you kissed another dude? And then she was like, well, I mean, I don't know, probably not because look at your reaction to this, and it's just a hypothetical.
Speaker 4: I mean there was a good fifteen minutes there. I was pretty heated.
Speaker 3: Well in that vein.
Speaker 1: I will say that I have asked you a couple times if your adult theater called for you.
Speaker 5: To do that, right, So then that also came up and I said, well, I don't think I would even take a role. I mean, we're saying this is how apparently we have nothing else to talk about it. I say, you guys really noticed that the mood Russian our teeth getting ready for bed. And I was like, but I probably wouldn't do a role where that was called for, and she'd be like, I don't care. Wait here's the thing, man, she had very specific rules about who the other person could be.
Speaker 4: I would knife somebody probably probably.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think if my my husband did theater, like when he was in high school. Sure, I'm trying to think he.
Speaker 4: Grew out of it, is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: No, and uh, I'm trying to think what I would think about that if he did that for a role.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, and it probably depends on the I have a silkwood scrub his face.
Speaker 5: Right, there's that. There's the what's what are how how intimate is this thing?
Speaker 3: God intimate?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ah, no, you guys really know how to set the mood in that house from from watching e Er where the baby dies of the rape victim right before your son is born.
Speaker 5: Well, do you remember also the movie I want to say it was Demi Moore.
Speaker 4: Oh indecent proposal, Yes, that's what it was.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say million dollar proposal, but I mean it was Robert Redford, right, That's I mean.
Speaker 3: Everyone forgets that.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like, oh, would you you know Woody Allen right is the right not Woody Allen, Woody Harrelson Harrels, and he is.
Speaker 3: I've had Diane Keaton on the Brain.
Speaker 1: Woody Harrelson and he there is a young couple and there's Strappedford and Robert the older guy says, I'll give you a million dollars if I get to have one night with your wife, right, and like that's the question, Like that's the moral dilemma. But no one ever tosses in the sprinkles that the guy she's gonna have sex with is Robert Redford in like Hot Times.
Speaker 4: I don't know about Hot Time.
Speaker 1: Oh he was very good look Even me at eight years old knew he was good looking.
Speaker 5: I remember watching that movie and then having that discussion with my then girlfriend where I.
Speaker 4: Was like, well, what do you have a price? Is there a price on this? Whoa? How do you?
Speaker 5: Is this a thing that people think about and they would be approached with and have a price.
Speaker 4: And I remember being really upset about that too.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at Robert Redford on this, I mean, come on, you would do that for ten bucks? That that's the movie poster. I mean, that's like the height of y. I mean, he's what in his fifties there, maybe maybe sixty.
Speaker 4: No, what year was this?
Speaker 5: It would have been nineteen three, two ninety two to three something like that.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: Ninety three ninety three.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'll do a quick math here, brought Robert Redford.
Speaker 5: But that that was a funny conversation. It became one of those things where and then it would keep coming back up.
Speaker 1: He was fifty fifty six. Okay, Yeah, that's a good look in fifty six. All right, keep it in your pants. Oh you're the one.
Speaker 3: You're the one kissing women.
Speaker 4: I didn't wait, no, no.
Speaker 5: I had it.
Speaker 3: Turns out your wife doesn't even care.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: SpaceX flew its latest test flight of its starship Mega Rocket yesterday. Trump actually joined Elon Musk to witness this spectacle firsthand. But a problem with the original plan to catch that first stage rocket with the large tower and the chopstick like they've done before, so the first age actually had to be steered towards the otherwise normal splash down out in the Gulf of Mexico.
Speaker 3: Do you love a Christmas story? Probably not one of your favorite movies?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I thought you were more of like a Snoopies Christmas person or something.
Speaker 4: I like it. It's up there.
Speaker 1: Top five fans of a Christmas story have a place to stay in Oklahoma. Ralphie's Christmas House stands near a fifty foot tall replica of the famous leg lamp that was built in chickashaw am I, saying that right to draw visitors. The two story airbnb was built in nineteen thirty, remodeled in twenty twenty three. It's got four bedrooms can sleep up to ten. You can google Ralphie's House online to make reservations and see pictures.
Speaker 5: Didn't we see Ralphie's house in Cleveland? It was part of the story was that we drove right by it. At one point, I'm going to dinner with John and Ken, I.
Speaker 4: Think, But that's all fake news. None of that is fake.
Speaker 1: We were in a car with John and Ken going to Oh, Okay, we're going to a dinner with Okay, they will be there, got it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were never in a car. They would never send a car I know.
Speaker 3: I was like, I've never sat in a car with John or Ken.
Speaker 4: They would.
Speaker 5: If we hailed a tax I'd open the doors for us, let us get in, and then send it on its way.
Speaker 1: A second one, if I saw John driving a car, I would vacate that particular freeway. In fact, the man has to put in his home address into the GPS every night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, trying to find it Cleveland.
Speaker 5: The La City Council did as we expected yesterday and adopted this sanctuary City ordinance to prohibit the use of city resources or staff for federal immigration enforcement efforts. Passed through a thirteen to nothing vote yesterday afternoon, after the drafting was approved by the council more than a year ago. This month, the effort to officially establish and enforce this new sanctuary city ordinance got new momentum, of course, after the election did not turn out the way the La City Council wanted it to. With Trump winning, the president elect has confirmed that he is prepared to declare a national emergency for federal law enforcement efforts when it comes to deportation of illegal immigrants. Last week, the city leader said that they were working to fast track a vote on this policy. Mayor Karen Bass in fact said I stand with the people of this city. She said, the moment demands urgency. Some immigrant rights activists have criticized the prior resolution, which formally declared La as sanctuary city in twenty nineteen as symbolic rather than any sort of enforceable safeguard for residents. So this new ordinance bans the city's collection of information on anyone's individual immigration status and would are a city employee from notifying any federal agent or authority about the release or detention of immigrants in the US illegally.
Speaker 4: This will be a curious thing.
Speaker 5: I know that incoming LAPD chief or new LAPD Chief Jim McDonald has talked about this and that the LPD isn't changing its policies regarding this.
Speaker 4: But it'll be curious to see if there's.
Speaker 5: Any room for movement when it comes to the LAPD's policies. This still has to then be voted again, I believe, before it is officially signed into the city Charter or the city law by mayor baths.
Speaker 3: Would you like your jeopardy question? Are we doing that today?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Celebrities for one thousand dollars in two thousand and three. He began his record setting long run as an SNL regular cast member.
Speaker 5: In two thousand and three. Yeah, who is Keenan Thompson? Yes, good job, the longest serving castman.
Speaker 1: Crazy right, I did not know that the holidays are here at the Disneyland Resort, KFI wants to give you the chance to enjoy the wonder, joy and magic of the season experience World of Color, Season of Light and Nighttime Spectacular at Disney California Adventure Park, or over at Disneyland Park, rediscover holiday classics like a Christmas Fantasy Parade, and so much more. Keep listening to KFI for your chance to win a four pack of one day one park tickets to Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park.
Speaker 4: Let's do that good news story when we come back. Oh yes, I do have a good news story.
Speaker 1: This is about a World War Two veteran, a local one at that, celebrating a milestone and her.
Speaker 4: Service. The details of that when we come back.
Speaker 5: Let me do the quick thing to throw in here, only because I just saw this. Alex Jones is now fighting back against the sale of the Info Wars website to the Onion. He filed a lawsuit in bankruptcy court saying that several Sandy Hook families and the apparent company of the Onion, called Global Tetrahedron, submitted an illegitimate bid for the assets of the Info Wars of site and parent company and planned to misuse the intellectual property. Last week we told you the Onion said they were going to buy it.
Speaker 1: They're going to set it up shady legal type of last ditch hail Mary type thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the fact that he filed it, they were already saying it's a win for Alex Jones. Well, you and I could file a lawsuit for anything, for any reason, at any time. That does not mean you're going to win it. It doesn't even just because the court is going to hear it doesn't necessarily mean that you're anywhere close to a victory. For the first time in more than two decades, New York City is under a drought warning. This is the last step before a disaster declaration that would impose mandatory water restriction.
Speaker 3: We talked about New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Most of New Jersey under drought conditions with those fires.
Speaker 5: They said, unusually dry weather has been plaguing a lot of the United States for most of the fall, but most of it, but it is most noticeable in the Northeast. They've lowered reservoirs, they've wildfires have been in New York and New Jersey states, and accustomed to these fires at this time of year.
Speaker 1: Roughly eleven percent of Americans have high cholesterol.
Speaker 4: That sounds low, doesn't it? Eleven percent?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, cholesterol also gets a bad rap. I mean, it's not necessarily good or bad, right, It's not bad for it, it's it's it's a necessary part of what's in your body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all. That's all I know, Thank you doctor. Okay, So we have a good story to tell you about.
Speaker 4: Oh wait one.
Speaker 6: Dayankee, Oh hey Gary, last night blind mismss movie watch with the girlfriend, the Family, friggin Stone starring you guessed it, Diane, I know better than everyone in the room. Keaton out, but things take a sure return. We'relling about twenty minutes to find Mamma Keaton doing so well she determinely ill woo oo wow. Pray for my soul, Shannon, love the show.
Speaker 3: You're asking me to pray for your soul. You are in dire straits.
Speaker 4: That's likely hell quite the hail Mary?
Speaker 1: That is it? Sure is my goodness. That's one receiver with six d backs and the.
Speaker 5: End zones starts like this, Dear God, you don't know me.
Speaker 4: I'm Shannon. I mean not theologically correct, but.
Speaker 1: I know, you made everyone, but somebody took over the job one day and I came out.
Speaker 3: All right. So the good story.
Speaker 1: Jennifer McMullen has celebrated a huge milestone her one hundredth birthday. She's from Whittier and she has had a remarkable life. She played a pivotal role in World War Two, of course, part of the iconic Rosie the Riveter movement. She said, we worked on just sections of the airplane, a lot of wings. During the war, Jennifer moved from Ohio to California. One hundred year old woman named Jennifer. That's interesting, I noticed that too. That's a maybe one of the first Jennifer's. I don't know about the first one, she said. During the Wars, she moved from Ohio to California, and at just eighteen years old, she joined the war effort. She worked the graveyard shift with an all female workforce at Lockheed Aircraft Plant in Burbank.
Speaker 5: Could you imagine a puppetry major at NYU at the age of eighteen signing up to help the war effort in the event that that happened.
Speaker 4: Now, No, that wouldn't happen. Well, some of them would, but.
Speaker 1: I don't think that Jennifer was ever a puppetry fan, and certainly not someone who would go to NYU probably, she said. The interesting thing was that they had camouflaged the entire Lockheed plant with a tarp on top, and it looked like a town because they painted fire, hydrants and flowers to make it look real, she says, And it was really us underneath the tarp working away at the rivets.
Speaker 3: She didn't actually see the planes.
Speaker 1: She worked on the wings, as she said, while she worked on airplanes, her husband Melvin was serving overseas. He was flying in the planes that Rosy built as part of an all volunteer group known as the Flying Tigers PS. I would watch this movie about this couple, wouldn't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He described that he was a nose turret gunner on a B twenty four bomber stationed in China and India. The couple met after Melvin returned home from China, and they've been together for the past seventy eight years. They say it's family that's carried them through. We all get along. We don't have any friction in any of our family. Everyone on the same page. That sounds like your family and Jennifer agreed. Here we are still happy, still healthy, one hundred years old.
Speaker 4: My goodness, she.
Speaker 5: Looks great for hundred it really does. I mean, I've seen some fifty two year olds that put this ladies anyway, she puts fifty two year olds to shame.
Speaker 4: I should say, why did you choose fifty two? Because I'm fifty two?
Speaker 3: Are you not yet?
Speaker 4: Not yet?
Speaker 3: What are you rounding up? You're doing that trick.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, so that when it does come, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I start about six months before my birthday of thinking of myself a year older, just so it softens blow.
Speaker 4: You had a hard time with the forty I did not.
Speaker 1: You said repeatedly that I was going to have a hard time with turning forty. Do you know what that does to someone who's turning forty, who's not even thinking about turning forty. It makes them sort of thinking about how hard it's going to be to turn forty and then obsess about it and then give themselves a thyroid problem and then.
Speaker 5: Oh wait a minute, so I am somehow the root of your thyroid problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah what thyroid?
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly, see, Yeah, that wasn't my fault.
Speaker 3: No breast milk and no thyroid.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to talk to your therapist.
Speaker 3: Like I would ever go to therapy. Nobody needs all that, what poor soul needs all that?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, the junk food industry is fighting back against ozimpic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is fascinating.
Speaker 1: I mean, we talked about we talked pretty regularly about it. It's kind of like our John and Ken heads on a stick us against the super processed foods industry and how they are drug dealers essentially, and that the line that sticks out with me from yesterday's story about how they trick you into getting you addicted to their ultra processed foods was that, you know, we think it's a willpower problem, that people are just making bad choices, but that they actually have no control over it. That that's that's when you're when you have a legit addiction like that, how you don't really have control over your choices because your brain chemistry has changed. And they've done that, the ultra processed food industry has done that. And they've got experience in that because they did it with us with tobacco, getting everyone hooked on cigarettes by using Hollywood and everything else.
Speaker 5: Well, and these these new geal won drugs ozempic, wigov zet bound, et cetera. They mimic the natural hormone, the GLP one that slows digestion and signals to your brain that you're full. So for a long time, the food industry has simply marketed products to people who can't stop eating, and then, like we said yesterday, manipulated the ingredients in those products, or the packaging of those products, or even the sound of those products to take advantage of the fact that you, as a human animal, don't want to stop eating. It's a protection thing. But now this ozempic, wigov zet bound I don't know, revolution, I guess has changed that completely because now people don't feel like they can't stop eating.
Speaker 4: They do feel full.
Speaker 1: There's a couple anecdotes in this story that we'll talk about in The New York Times coming up next. But here's a little teas. A guy named Taylor lives up in the Bay Area. Used to nurse a sugar addiction, but now he says, I get grossed out by candy and hostess treats. I love swish charred, He says, I eat a lot of kale.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 5: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app