Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to another edition of Video Games to the Max. I'm your host Seaun Grammery with me as usual, mister Mark Morrison. All right, well, I mean, you know, if you didn't know already, I'm sure everybody you know you heard the big commotion over this last weekend with PSN going now. So if you're was one of those that were affected, I don't know. Were you trying to play anything on your PSN?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Diablo and Infinite Nikki Anythinnite and Nikki and neither one of those worked.
Speaker 1: That's I'm sure that was frustrating for you. I couldn't play a certain game I can't talk about yet. That was really frustrating because it was like the day that I could play it because I think the Super Bowl was coming on Sunday and I couldn't. I wasn't going to be able to touch it. But all right, I guess I have to keep waiting. Thankfully, it came back up by the time we got to like, you know, Sunday for people, or like late Saturday if you're in the West Coast or East coast. You know, I'd also affect another We're gonna talk about the Capcom Showcase also affected Monster hutter Wild's beta, so we'll talk about that too. PlayStations also apparently taking down the spam games mark Finnished Sniper Elite relicence Resistance I got to play. I think what's probably gonna be my final run through of the most I want to get through on Tales of Iron two. And I'm sorry I said the wrong name of the game last week, So I'm sorry to the devs for giving it the wrong name. But it is Tales of Iron two. I'll talk about that, and then we will talk about some other things. Nintendo gave hints at what the switch to my cost, or at least the things they're considering as to you know, what it's important to them when they're looking at the price. We'll talk about that and a few other things right after this, all right, So let's go ahead really quick and get the other stuff out of the way here, the whole the housekeeping and all that. If this is your first time listening or hundredsion listening, we do appreciate you. Thank you so much for whether you'll watch live or you watch later on demand, or you listen later on podcasts, which we're everywhere there are podcasts, so definitely any podcast writer that you enjoy, definitely go check us out there, give us a review, like follow all that. If you subscribe to the YouTube channel, especially if you hit the notifications, you'll know anytime we do the show, because most of the time it's been Mondays around nine or so pm Eastern, but sometimes I have to change it because of when we I have overtime for that day, but been trying to kind of at least keep it on Mondays for sure for everybody. The podcast comes out a little bit later than doing on YouTube where it comes out immediately afterwards, but definitely you can go check it out later on the Man too. He subscribed, so that helps out. Also, if you subscribe to the YouTube channel, you get our other shows that are on there as well, especially if you like other things that are not just video games. We got an anime show called Talking Cafe, which you can go check out. They review all of the well not everything, but the shows that they keep up with each week that are weekly for the anime, and they have you know, three or four different guys that rotate talk about their shows. So if you like watching the weekly anime, there's plenty of good ones from this season too. They're talking about those, and also the movies and TV shows around your broadcasting. They do a great job keeping up with all that pretty much, the new movies, the new TV. Well, the TV shows a little bit take longer, but the movies they come out that next couple of days, they were nobody reviewing it, so they do an awesome job. You like keeping up with the entertainment side of things, go check them out as well. Of course they're on podcasts, just follow find their shows and you can subscribe there too. So all right, that's enough with the housekeeping. Let's go ahead and get into the video games here. Even though this is not this is probably like the lightest week on news we've had in a while, which is kind of interesting, but still got a few things, So let's go ahead and talk about our video games here. So you finished Snapper Elite with Resistance.
Speaker 2: Yep, finish it with the ends. It is what it is, you know, about eight missions of like fairly big areas and then the last mission is like a really stupid, very short chase that lasts a minute, you know.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: It has some annoying problems though with co op where like so collectibles are shared between me and him, so if I pick something up in my like, if I pick something up, it counts to them. Also, that's cool except for the work benches, which don't count at all, even though it says he picked him up, so he has access to all the weapons and stuff that you get from him, but not the actual like it doesn't count for the trophy, so that's kind of annoying. Like and even in like the main the the like service record, it will say like, oh, you got three other three work benches, but he didn't. He has to interact with him for that for unlock and his like for the trophy. But yep, it's still good, strip E late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's good that at least it uh works for you there, So yeah for being a yeah.
Speaker 2: And we're going to replay the levels too and get all the unlockables and crap.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The only other thing I started messing with a little is I started looking up seven rebirth mods, so that'll be fun. Well, a lot of the the ones I'm I'm interested in are like basically eliminating the crafting requirements but that I don't transmit it theater thing or like giving you good weapons like max status of the weapons as far as the materia and the ability thing.
Speaker 1: But they're the easier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there are a whole host of ones that are like yep, like not nude mods per se, but like removing the skirt from like Erith's swimsuit costume, or like there was one that was like a wet skin mod for Tifa, And I said, you you people have too much time on your hands, like you need to get a girlfriend somehow, like for it or I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't. I don't know. We need just some people, you know. They just I don't understand why that's you want to play the game that way. I guess you want to put it out there for other nefarious reasons, perhaps, yeah, make it easier for the for for other things to be used for that right, which I'm sure is the the main driver of why they don't. Uh ha. Magushi said, you know, they kind of attacked him for, you know, kind of saying that he was trying to like censor people and what they do. And he's like, look, I understand the importance of ods, just kind of saying, you know, be tasteful about it. Unfortunately, you know, people are not you got those uh not going to do that. That's what they've been waiting on when it comes to the game being on PC. This happened.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like the one, the other one is like unlocking all the folio skill points and all the like.
Speaker 1: Nodes, having that at the beginning basically, so you.
Speaker 2: Don't Yeah, I don't. I don't like that system much at all actually in the game. And then yeah, I think I'm in the Golden Saucer right now and that thing I'm going through it.
Speaker 1: But Charley, Yeah, that's what, like, are you talking about the first time in the Saucer. Yeah, that's still a pretty good ways. Well, I mean you're not having to do any of the stuff that actually takes up the time, which is the side quest.
Speaker 2: And the I'm doing most of those still you're.
Speaker 1: Still doing those even though you already experienced that once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I just don't like, I mean, there's a lot of time wasts and stuff in that game that I'm like, this could have. You need an editor somewhere in this thing, like the whole Mount Coral bullshit, Like getting to the town is fine, but like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the mine, I actually had to use a guide to get through that because I got lost. Yeah, like the whole circles thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's plating up the team where like you know, Barrett and you you fee like do this whole like dumb grappling hook bullshit and go down the mine cart and it's like this, you didn't need to do this at all, like you did just like ha, gone through this directly or you know, like this wasn't an the original game. You guys made it for this so well.
Speaker 1: I mean it was all about extending it, Like I get the idea. Just yeah, it felt like like you said, they didn't they wanted it to give you as much as they possibly could and then kind of just went like let's just go crazy.
Speaker 2: All right, right, and I'm thinking about picking up a copy of Zeno Gear soon.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I never played before, but yeah, I've heard one of the better RPGs for the PS one.
Speaker 1: So all right. I was surprised. I thought you would have had that of it.
Speaker 2: No, I never played it. A lot of the square stuff can never never played back in the day, like Threads of Fate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of that stuff that I never played either.
Speaker 2: I played some of it, and I don't like, you know, I played Air Guys and the guy played that.
Speaker 1: But all right, I guess I will talk about the one game I've been playing, Tels of Iron two. It is very much a sequel to the first game, which I talked about on here too, just like discovering in that January period where I didn't have a game that I was really playing and talking about how I liked it, and I was hoping that I could perhaps review this game. Basically, it's just kind of like they decided to let's make it bigger and not better for everything. I don't really understand why. For me, this is still an indie title and I don't need it to be this. They made it like twice the side. So like the first game was like eight to ten hours, this game is sixteen to twenty hours, depending on how much of the extra stuff you do. And it's just like I didn't really need that, so, you know, I would have preferred and like I didn't really need them to, oh, let me make the base and do put things into the base, and I then have to, you know, keep up keeping the smithy and the chef and all this stuff, and like the crafting got like overloaded, and I would have been fine with just you know, make the combat, do add more things to the combat, just to you know, make it to where it's not the same. You can make the world bigger if you want. There is fast travel, thankfully, which there's like signposts that you have to find throughout the world and if they're not working, you basically have to make them work and so that you can use fast travel and reverse yeah, kind of like that. Essentially you have to like rebuild it so that you can then use it. It's it works well.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The combat is was obviously a main draw from the first game, and they nailed that again here it's it's Souls, except you know there's obviously there's way more say points. It's not like Souls where you die and all your stuff is gone and you have to go back to that section. Like, it's not exactly like that. It just has like the brutal combat where you know you kind of have to know window perry and wind to dodge, and it does tell you it has a little yellow and red markers, but there's times where they don't tell you and you can obviously put it on a harder difficulty if you don't want to tell you at all and you want to like be guessing. But the first couple of bosses I had to it took me a while to figure out, like the timing window, and it's actually not it has a nice timing window. It's not a terrible It's like not that hard to figure out. It's just I figured out that it's like, okay, block is block for certain things, and it actually wants you to parry, which is you know, both of the triggers or I use the tabs because it's a lot easier to do it that way. Uh, I like using you know, I'm playing on Xbox, so I like using LB and RB instead of the LT and RT, which it defaults to the triggers. Just because I've always had this thing of like I remember on was it on PlayStation, I just felt weird, like thinking the triggers are gonna fall off playing like the WW games where you're like constantly wrestling all the time. So like when it came out with the TAZ where I feel like there's more security in uh, they're not going anywhere. So I'm just kind of like, all right, I'll I'll just move into this, but the story is it's still you know, hey, we're doing Game of Thrones with rats and frogs and you know, dragons and whatever, but without obviously all that drama and stuff. It has sort of a setting and it is a different character this time than the first game, so they're not really they're not continuing it that way. It's just kind of similar things. And again the world's bigger and more bosses, more side quests, more stuff. So have you liked the first game? This is twenty bucks twenty yeah, twenty bucks. Again, I think if you loved the first game, I definitely would give this a shot. You're gonna like this one unless you just don't like any of the stuff that they added, which again I think I still think for getting what you loved about that game, for the most part, I still think it's worth what it is. And if you like the hard combat games, this is definitely one for you. And it's it's been fun to like kind of play a game that I normally play that much. Ever so it's like challenging myself to do to play something different, which is it's good. Obviously, probably not a great decision to do it when you're like in a timing window with reviews, and you know, I'm glad that I didn't have to like beat embargo for this because that probably wouldn't have been great for me frustration wise. But still it's I think even if you're not like the biggest Souls fan, if the world and the all the other stuff I intrigue you, this might be one to kind of check out and maybe ease you in to how that combat works or whatever. So yeah, definitely worth checking out for those that like the first game or might be in my indie games and definitely want to do that. I think next week. Technically the embargos after next week, so I have to look and see if I can actually talk about it next week. The embarger for the game I can't talk about it's like the twentieth, so it maybe a few weeks until I can talk about that game per se. But it's definitely one we have both said that we're looking forward to. That's all I can say. So, yeah, that's it for the games we're playing here. Let's go ahead and get into the news. Talking about news here we mentioned it. There's not a whole lot from Sony's end about why Playsession Network went down, and then also like why it was down for that long except for what I'm saying, it was an operational issue and that's it, right, eighteen hours. It's not the what was it three months that time? And like way back in the day they did it went down. Yes, yeah, it wasn't that, but it also wasn't a few hours either. It was definitely felt by people, right, lots of anger online.
Speaker 2: And gamers being anger. Now you're just fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: Uh. That's the time where I was like people complaining, maybe we do need to touch grass because you know, hey, go outside, do something, go find things to do. Uh, you know, I don't know. Uh see, y'all folks that that that have multiple games are multiple systems, like me, you could just go play your Xbox instead, or play your Switch or whatever. And so then obviously if you're wanting to play that Mold Monster Hunter Wild's beta, that definitely affected you. So you know, I'm sorry for those that that had to deal with not being able to play your with your friends on that because considering what we can we're in or we're in. Uh probably maybe perhaps a lot of your friends were watching the super Bowl on Sunday and you weren't going to have that opportunity on Sunday to play or hang out, but they are extending that beta due to the PSN being down, So that's good on Capcom's part. I know you said you were trying to play a game during this. Did you see any of the the crazy upset people online?
Speaker 2: No? I just kind of like log in and then both games kind of bombed out. And then I was like I looked online and I was like okay, and like I personally I could like I could go online, but I couldn't actually do anything like might you know the little said it was like appearing offline and then I flipped it to online. I was like, I didn't set that, and then like it would be like, okay, you're online, but I just, you know, it's just like okay. But like I try to like play Assassin Speed Valhalla like an online part of that kind of and it would be like, yeah, there's no server or like online, you know, there's something wrong, And I was like, Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 1: I can just come back to it later. Like it ain't a huge deal. Yeah, I mean the problem is that you know, unfortunately, unfortunately, uh, we're like having to deal with this stuff just suddenly happening, you know, right, and so it's one of those things where like you can't really do anything about it. You just kind of gotta like keep dealing with it, and then all of a sudden, it keeps going longer and longer. You're like, okay, did they get hit by a d D S D d OS attack like before? And nobody's doing anything about it or saying anything about it, you know.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if you saw the MVG put up a video about like this is a problem with digital only consoles or you know, like the whole because like you do you even have a PS high with a discrive?
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine has the discribe.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean you do, but young here's a PS five pro and he doesn't.
Speaker 1: So it's like, oh he didn't get the disc no with okay.
Speaker 2: So it's like, okay, what does he do because like, technically I'm signed into it, like technically my PS five like I sai, is it the primary one? Mm hmm, So he couldn't, like I don't know if he did, thankfully, but even if he wanted to, he couldn't play any games.
Speaker 1: So wasn't that the fix though that apparently if you're signed in as the primary, oh, because you don't own the game, so you couldn't, right, yeah, but if you would be, you would have been able to play anything you owned as long as it was the primary. That was the problem with Sony. People don't know that you have to make your console the primary order.
Speaker 2: But like he couldn't, like even if he wanted to, he couldn't make his PS five back to the primary.
Speaker 1: One, Like right, yeah, yeah, he can't because you have to be online to do that, right, So.
Speaker 2: He was I mean he didn't do it, or he didn't complain or anything, but he had have been screwed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it's like one of those things where what can you really do outside of just okay, now we're stuck. And I kind of understand people's frustation, but this is CASSO kind of like when your power goes out, not a whole lot you can do. You got to keep waiting. And then the people that are like so entitled that they think that you know, Sony owes them a whole month or a whole year of PSN for free, because I.
Speaker 2: Mean they're given five days. I mean, if they wanted you they could give like everyone affected, like you know, five bucks in PSN credit or ten bucks or whatever like other than that, screw yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the same thing, Like, okay, they give you credit for the day they lost whatever it was.
Speaker 2: Five is kind of generous for them. So I was kind of surprised by that.
Speaker 1: Exactly because they really just owed them a day because that's all it was. You know, look, not not defending corporations or whatever, but it's like if this was a look, we don't they're not going to come out and say exactly what happened, right, somebody goof and the certificate.
Speaker 2: No, Bob pulled the cord out accidentally when he left for the day in the office.
Speaker 1: Like you know what happened there. Just it's one of those like weird things that you're going, Okay, this is why maybe you don't need to push the PlayStation Network signing thing on the PC games because imagine if all those other PC games that have it taken off now you're still having to sign in, you wouldn't have been able to use the game.
Speaker 2: All right, I think you can still use it technically, just can't like it.
Speaker 1: But but that was the point was why they couldn't. Yeah, the problem with held Diversary was people got mad because all of a sudden they can't they can't use it right. For me, it's just I know people are going to say, well, X, we didn't have this problem. It's like, well, you never know, but it does make you worry about that all digital future that we keep running to. And of course the physical only people were just absolutely letting everyone else have it during this of like, hey, this is why you buy a physical this by physically.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's some shitty game stop like their Twitter put up the post like oh this is what Yeah, but wait, this is why I bet physical games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet you're wanting physical games now, and.
Speaker 2: Then finding back with the picture of the game stop full of funk upops, It's like, what you mean like these like yeah, I mean games barely sells games anymore as it is.
Speaker 1: So exactly. They really shouldn't be poking the bear on that because they're the ones that look bad. I know that the individual stores don't control you know, the gamestock corporate told them what to put in the sore, but still, I mean that's you. You aren't doing yourself any favors there you're just waiting. You're you're essentially just waiting to get attacked. Yeah, on that, But hopefully this doesn't happen again, That's all we can say, and hopefully those that did go through it now, No, go make your ps. I'm actually got to think about that now of like go make up PlayStation in the primary, even though I don't need. I think that's the main problem too, is most people that's the only PlayStation they have, so you don't think about needing to do that at all. You just hey, I just turn it on. It's the only one I got. It is what it is. And then it's like, oh no, I have to actually go and do this in order so it doesn't have to read the licenses or whatever. And that is really annoying because I mean that makes it to where again, this this thing we keep rushing to of like at any moment, they can trigger that and then you're not you can't use your games that you bought. So that's that's frustrating. But hey, at least you know Tony is being nice about I guess this would be yeah to both consumers and devs who've been complaining about this for a while and Nintendo's well, but we don't know anything about like whether Nintendo's been doing this, But there have been a lot of spam games, a lot of AIG rated games, a lot of copycat games, especially if a game gets popular like on Steam, like that the one that Randy and I played a lot last year, the Supermarket Simulator. All of a sudden, there was this Supermarket simulator that was like, not the same one, but it had a similar name, and all of a sudden, oh, that's on here, and it's like, oh, that's not the one that you're supposed to be playing, and it has almost the same name and everything, and it's like that's taking away from there's people prevordering this game thinking it's the same one and it's not the same. Thing happened with that Trading Guard simulator game when it got popular, and there was like three or four of those that showed up on PSN. And there's a bunch of other AI generated games that keep getting like it takes them nothing to make it, but they make money because people have no idea that it's a copycat, right or or a fake essentially, like a fake game, and they're spending money on that, right, and dev started complaining and consumers are complaining, and finally because IGN did some kind of investigation on how Nintendo and Sony do their digital stores and that they're basically like working with very low QA for that they are underpowered, undermanned, and suffering because of it. That all of a sudden, one of the company's random spin games that's been making a lot of these games, I got a bunch of their games taken down, thankfully, So it looks like Sony's paying attention to that, saving people money in buying games that that are most likely suck. But hopefully they will do a bigger run through on that. Have you bought a.
Speaker 2: No, I always kind of check look before I buy, and then I don't really take a lot of stuff on steeming these days anyway. Or you know, the Switch, so yeah, I'm I.
Speaker 1: Feel like Steam it's you know, you.
Speaker 2: Get yeah, just because so much crap comes on and Steam every.
Speaker 1: Every damn day, right exactly.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, the Switch is also pretty bad at that, like the tso Sony and Xbox kind of had that problem also, but it's a little it's a little better, Yeah, some some modicum of q A or you know, but stuff like that like Mario Tennis, or I think ripoff on like PSN recently.
Speaker 1: Like Nintendo has a Last of Us rip off a really bad that's there and it's like really.
Speaker 2: Coma, you know, no Nintendo seal quality on that thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, and they're missing that for sure. One Thankfully, it's it's not all not all this kind of stuff. For Sony, there is one interesting one very similar to like you know how you see it. Did a interview with kind of funny after he are tired and left Sony. Ted Price did the same thing and he actually revealed a kind of cool nuggative information that at one point they had pitched a resistance for and Sony said no. And he said that they a lot of people in the studio had right feelings about like continuing it, and Sony just shot it down. At that point they were going in a different direction. I wonder if they would feel any different now when they have no shooter franchises and wish they did well they got Destiny, well, I mean, yeah, that's still existing.
Speaker 2: But it's not that's not like a single player game or you know, right, I don't know they should. I mean, but I think at the time, like that was a switch from basically PS three to PS four. Look how well that kills any thing?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 2: Like that wasn't great? Right, So I can kind of see there were reluctance to fund something or you know, okay that we don't like this is down old franchise or.
Speaker 1: Well I think when you got to the last game the there was a lot of diminishing returns at that point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There the other thing is like Resistance strett except the World on Fire either.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's but it makes sense from that perspective of why they shot it down. But it makes you like kind of go back in hindsight and go, well, what if they still had the Resistance and what if they were able to I mean, would they have had Gorilla or would they have had Horizon if they still have Resistance, you know, or I'm sorry that's cil Zone. I'm sorry. Would they have you know, had two different versions of of Insania, like have the team that works on Resistance and then have another team that does Spider Man and all that. Right, how would the studio have changed or been different at all if they would have kept it around? But you never know, right, like could it have been its own franchise where it's like loved, kind of like Doom where you have the okay, we lack the story stuff, but there's also the multiplayer to go play or Call of Duty, right, same kind of vein where people play for the single player, but then you're obviously staying there for the zombies and multiplayers. So you know, it's a It's one of those things like it would have been cool if Tim Price got his wish, but he says like, that's the one game that I think he said he wanted to work on before he retired again one more time, and they didn't honor. That looks like right, so but hey, he got to work on a ton of other great games, so it's not like, you know, he didn't have an amazing career as far as that goes. Did you watch that Capcom showcase thing?
Speaker 2: No know what's going on?
Speaker 1: Really? I mean, yeah, they had the Monster Hunter thing separate. Honestly, the the biggest information was about the new on Musha game, and also that Ani Musha two is getting a remaster and it's everyone's favorite. Yeah, so it looks it looks cool like they showed more gameplay for it if they said they're not going to focus on it being like brutally difficult. Uh it's so that's you know, we don't need it's not going to all of a sudden be likes becoming dark Souls, right, It's it's more about just we're still going to have the action combat and that's the important question. Thank god they're not, it seems, of course. Is for Ani Musha where the sword should have mentioned. Uh, the they kind of revealed sort of the like story stuff of why he's he has the sword and how he's able to control it and everything else, which is it was neat. I guess we'll kind of have to find out more is I'm sure when they reveal more of it later. But at least for like the five minutes or whatever they showed it was it was pretty interesting, but it was kind of like the one sort of big thing to kind of take from it because everything else was, oh, hey remember this game or that game. You know you can go buy it on a sale right now, yeah, and you know this game's still coming. There was no like big reveal. It's not like they had some surprise game that they didn't tell you that was going to be on there. It was still kind of they elongated it with these like constant sales telling you that these games are out there that you can buy.
Speaker 2: It felt like, yeah, it's called an infomercial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just honestly felt like we were I'm having to sit through this infomercial for that, and I was like, I don't know why they didn't just do it once. It was like two or three times, and I'm just like what, but but why is like mostly we're gonna watch this on demand later. They're not gonna watch that live, you know. So I mean, I guess, you know, you could have possibly had people that were there for the Monster Hunter of it all and then they're they kind of check in for this stuff. But honestly, yeah, at least they they gave you more on this one game that they announced at the Game Awards that we didn't know it was going to be there, and I'm happy about that. I was kind of a little bit of Onisha fans. Just the tank controls obviously kind of pushed you out of it.
Speaker 2: I really like the third one. Actually I played the first one on the Xbox that Jen Mattini Musha, so that wasn't like the greatest version, but I stild, I got beat it at least played a lot of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really like three, two and four sucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Interesting that they're like remastered too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can't get They cannot remaster you only three because they can't get that hot genre no license.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, that's money. Yeah yeah, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Did you ever hear of the Soul controller? No, okay, it only came. I never used it. I didn't see in the store a few times. So it was a motion controlled katana for only Musha three.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, because it was during the time where like everybody was doing the motion control.
Speaker 2: We know that there's like PS two though, okay crazy, Remember like the chainsaw controller for as an.
Speaker 1: Evil for yes, okay, I remember that.
Speaker 2: It basically the same thing except you swung this thing around, you know, ah to like attack demons and crap.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah cool, But it's also expensive and like, you know, like most most utiful stuff back then, barely worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. Detect didn't get better until, you know, but yeah, essentially that's kind of the main draw of it. So if you want to go back and watch that, or you really care about Monster Hunter, you want to know the different things that are kind of new about it, you know, you might as well just go. Uh, I'm sure anybody that's hike excited a monster hunter, you're already going to be trying out that beta. Yo, do you hunt monsters?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Exactly. But sticking with Capcom for a little bit too, Resident Evil things here. One is that Resident Evil. I didn't even know this thing was still on, Like I thought they would have shut this down a while ago. But Reside Evil Reverse is going to be shut down March third and delisted. So therefore, if you bought the game and the DC or you bought it, you got it with a village and you've been playing it, just get ready to know that that is going to be gone. Yeah, okay, did you you never tried it out or anything?
Speaker 2: No, every every online resident with him they tried to do has been bad. Yeah, people have fondness for that reallyable too thing on PS two what Revelation whatever the Bractee thing was, But like, yeah, at the time it was kind of passable, but like even then, not really. It's so limited by it being on this console that like doesn't have built in voice support or like good functionality, and so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Uh, if you want to enjoy co op though you got Resident five and six.
Speaker 2: Or I got like Left for Dead, or you know something that you've built for it, like not some half half thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, the whole point of this is that before it was Resident six apparently had gotten an SRB rating for threes X and s like I want to say, a few weeks ago, and then all of a sudden somebody found that residuebul five now has a rating as well, So I guess those games are coming great.
Speaker 2: Play that with the ends again.
Speaker 1: And also that does not mean that those games will not get remade, because that happened with four. Yeah, and then they still remade four. So it just means that they're making the original games available, which that's good on Capcom's part, the original games available on modern consoles, and then we'll see the rumor now is the last one that I saw was that they're remaking Residueble zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I mentioned that last time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm not a huge fan of but you know, sure, I guess I think it's cool that you can complete the series, I guess, from zero to four, and then if they make the story connect more, which they've been doing with the other ones. Then it's cool.
Speaker 2: The problem is zerally sucked and some like bad prequel. So people want coach Ronica, but at least because at least it continued the story.
Speaker 1: But what if they take out some of the things that sucked, right, Like, maybe not what they did, like they lichered three, but like Billy ye take out him. I don't know if they'll take out the whole character. I don't know about that, right, you know, well, maybe they'll make some additions, knowing that they know that it wasn't that fondly received either. But yeah, credit to them again for even though it was not the.
Speaker 2: Best, you can't pull it off. But again it's just like like the more like the really unnecessary one, you know, because coach Ronica is still like older than that and more deserving of that as well.
Speaker 1: So right, well, people probably want to play that because of the characters that are involved in it as well, the characters they know instead of uh, you know, kind of starting with the ones that you do in zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rebecca and Billy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So you know a lot of people don't do that, right, like we saw it with Silent Hill, they started with two. They didn't just say, Okay, let's try to do this, because, to be fair to them, they didn't know blueber Team was going to knock it out of the park, right they It's like, okay, let's give them the one that stand alone that you don't need other stuff to play whatever. And if they don't do well with this, then okay, you know, we don't have to revisit this again. But they did, and maybe this will open the door. I don't know if they're gonna Komo's going to open that door or not, but I guess we'll see. We know that Blue Routine's working under stuff, so that's probably gonna be down the line. But Cavcom seems to understand the assignment and that they want to kind of like it seems like retell or conjoin the story more between the games. Maybe that does mean they we're going to get five and six eventually remade.
Speaker 2: I pretty much assume so. But just imagine, you know, the Pima red and Evel nine next, and then oh yeah for sure, then go back to the remake well, and then ten and then another remake.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, they love those remakes. They're even going back to the you know, as we talked about those old franchises to do them so and you get to play football. Yeah, game Pass obviously it's that first part of the month, so they got to reveal Xbox and Microsoft do the games that are coming. We do know that a Vowed is coming on February eighteenth. That's the big first party game. So it's kind of light as far as new games or new old games really far cry New Dawns is the one that's around right now. Mad NFL twenty five not surprising. Basically they always do this the week of the Super Bowl. They put this out on game Pass goes of course, you know, gotta gotta try to make that money as much as possible, and then everything else is kind of like, okay, this is now on game Pass Standard. Also, so like i Uning Chronicle one hundred Heroes now on standard, and now there's Crabs Treasure, which is a great souls like indies souls like their that's on standard. Now did you see the kind of out of nowhere they announced DLC for Iuding Chronicles Heroes. So yeah, there's like I think three story DLCs or whatever that they're going to add. So phudos to them because that came kind of came out, people were excited about it sort of and then it didn't well yeah, it did kind of like it was like there with a whimper. It was. It was kind of like it was a year of so many great rp you know, especially the dues of the j that it's like, and then kind of came out.
Speaker 2: And also their reviews were a little shaky, like it wasn't like it wasn't like Mighty number nine terrible, but it wasn't like you know, blood Stainards for the Night either, you know. Yeah, so it's kind of just average or you know, decent, but nothing nothing like too great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, definitely. Also, speaking of RPGs, if you haven't played Tales of a Rise yet, you might want to get on that, even though you won't finish it before it gets out of game passed on the fifteenth because that game.
Speaker 2: Is long, right but kind of Marathona.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know, take advantage of that discount if you haven't already. And I would pick it up, man, because Testual Rise is great, right for sure? So uh, speaking of more, you know, last week we talked about Force Horizon five coming to PS five. Well, more games from the Xbox library kind to PS five. Not that's surprising really at this point, but the kind of two lesser ones. I always give Microsoft credit for like really keeping that strategy game genre, like going uh, and they are going to bring two of two of those two two of their like stalwart ones you know from back in the day to PlayStation five Mythology retold, which that's kind of newer, that was from last year, and then they're like definitive edition like remaster range of Empires too, also coming to PS five. If you love those kind of games, you can go pay for them on PlayStation five.
Speaker 2: Yes, console or games are always are always cool.
Speaker 1: They either work or they don't. But you know, these are pretty well received obviously, I'm sure most people played them on PC where they were where they're originally, but uh, this one was interesting, uh to give to you, uh, since you play these games, I don't really David Rewick, who obviously lead designer on Diablo Too, yeah, you know, was a Blizzard for a while. Obviously now with Microsoft now it is not. Yeah, no it's not, but I mean he left what after even in the middle of three If I remember reading, yeah, Jason Starr's book so he his main thing is that you know, he was taught. He didn't agree with that video gamer where he talks about action RPGs reward gamers too quickly and then cheapens the experience. Obviously. You know Diablo two had a you know, you had to go a while before you leveled up. You usually replayed that game quite a bit to get to where you wanted to be. Right, where do you sit with that? Do you think that it should take longer for you to level up because you get to like level sixty or seventy two quick within like three or four days, and then there's not a lot for you.
Speaker 2: To do or well as far as like Diablo goes, like I'm still gaining like paraon levels and I'm like two sixty like three hundred, and that'll be how it take me like a like a few more months to do if I want to get all the way maxed out. And there are people like already there, like they were there like months ago.
Speaker 1: But right, but that's because that's like the only game they play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're crazy, so they don't count. I think it's I don't mind a level level cap per se, but it's more for me. It's a matter of like especially with Diapolo, like gear abundance, or I get too much crappy gear, like if I kill one of the world bosses or you know, one of the like uh not tear but uh hate like I forget the name of it. But basically one of like the dungeon bosses, I get between like ten and fifteen pieces of gear, and between ten and fifteen pieces of gear are worthless to me because not it's not an upgrade at all, So I'm just selling or trashing most of this crap, so it becomes very pointless, or it becomes just like this huge grind's like oh my, my two hundredth run of this dungeon, I finally got something that's like five more dexter dexterity points for me or something. But with what be like there's not still not enough like reforaging or changing of the attributes or to something, or like there are these uh what is it, like basically keys the keystones you can use to like unlock this dungeon. I have eight hundred, Like that's a lot, Like that is more than you would ever need in that thing, and I can't combine them or I can't make a better one, so there's like rotten inventory forever until I eventually throw them away like Diago for specifically needs more like combining of stuff. But that's a problem like most of these, you know, ar action RPGs, like you get to the end content and then you just kind of hit a wall because they don't have enough and content for you to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like a players a fraternity two kind of hits is hitting the sweet spot for people you have. I'm sorry, yeah, it's the same same initials, and I can't think of also because avowed is apparently somehow in the philip eraternities, but they don't really explain how.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, sure, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they said that. It's just like okay, I guess right, but.
Speaker 2: No one cares much about Pillows of Eternity, so it's like, right, yeah, that's like how Vagrant Story in Front of Fantasy twelve are in the same universe technically, but it's like, okay, who cares.
Speaker 1: Vagrant Story is actually well loved and people would love that to play that game right now on modern consoles, you know, hey, Square if even even just let people play it on the the PS plus thing would be great, that'd be nice, like give us that surprise, you know, And maybe that's gonna be a drop there, And I doubt I'm just joking, but you know, that could be a drop on the upcoming state of play. It's not gonna happen, but I do think that there's something to what he's saying right of when you're if you're if people are maxing out at like in three to four days and that's all they wanted to do, and they're beating the story and there's not really a whole lot reason for them to go back and play it again, then I mean, I guess if you played it on game Best, no big deal for you. But if you actually spent money on buying the game, the whole point of playing Diablo is to play it over and over, or any action rpg like that. Yeah, Obviously there's other action RPGs that are not in that vein that they're more like actual traditional RPGs. So them leveling you up quickly isn't really a big deal because that story is much much longer, right and it has consequence, So you know, but in the ones that he's talking about, I'm assuming that are of that ILK. I can kind of see his point a little bit. But that's also where it's like, like you said, it's kind of okay. You know, you probably think that the content you have coming down the pipeline is going to get people to go back to the game, similar to like how you do with Wow every year or whatever. And for Diablo four at least, it seems like that's not happening.
Speaker 2: Well like seasons and stuff. But yeah, I still don't like the mentality. It's like, oh, play this new content, create this new character.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's but then you said they just say, well, didn't they like make it to where you don't have to do that or it's mandatory it's mandatory. Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean I think for like one season that wasn't mandatory. I think like season five or something, but like, yeah, this is a whole new like which season I think it's called season the or something where they go like witch Gens and all the other stupid crap and said, yeah, you want to play that, you have to create a new character and said, yo, I spent the past six months built like creating this godlite character.
Speaker 1: Already, Like I don't want to do that again.
Speaker 2: Like but it's their way of like keeping the loop going forever, or you know, keeping that mouse feels spinning.
Speaker 1: But didn't you have the mouth still spinning before without having to do that? I mean, I don't understand. Yeah, like why they couldn't figure that out again, I don't know. It feels like they were so worried about the end game not being good enough that they had to use that crutch in order to be like, well, now you have to play it for this long in order to get to your character maxed out again. And it's like kind of there's a word for it that I can't think of right now, but you're like, yeah, you're you're kind of like forcing the repetition on people and it shouldn't be like they should want to go back to your game, right, And it's yeah, not great. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth of people. And I think a lot of people have probably done what's been happening, which is they just choose not to go back to it at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as you'd hear a YenS complain about Diablo before, like he hates it. Yeah, that's not you know, do being heard to him partially he played a bad character class. That's like, well, that's kind of on you, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. You told him and he could have gone back, but he yeah, well all right. Moving on to Nintendo here for a little bit, Nintendo had their everybody had their sales thing. But you know, we did xboxes last week and Nintendo kind of had theirs within the they would fall in this week, and obviously Switch one sales have taken a nose dive because that console is freaking super old and it's not like they had amazing killer apps come out last year. It's also amazing that like people want to talk about these remakes all the time, and it just goes to show that the RPG's are still like very much in this genre, because I think an amazing game like Mario thousand Year Door only had two million sales. Uh, And then you put it against like almost anything else I think, aside from Princess Peach of their like big releases and everything else. I sold it by a bunch, included to Mario Party Jamboree, which sold six point step one seven million, which is the highest of the three now and each one of them sold over five million, which is still ridiculous. Shows the power of the Switch. But also I think like, uh, not great numbers for Echos of Wisdom. That only sold like four million, which is pretty low for a Zelda.
Speaker 2: Game maybe, but like it's a really awesome Zelda game, So it's not hugely surprising.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, and I think people are there's still a lot of people that they have now become used to Zelda is Breath of the Wall and Tiers of the Kingdom. It's not to Zelda for them. Yeah, so games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not playing link. It's not traditional combat even like the old combat. You know, it's just like kind of weird puzzle things. It's not that surprising, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely. Yeah, it's different. It's different combat. I mean they try to kind of bridge the gap between the Tiers of the Kingdom, like you can create things with the traditional Zelda stuff. But then it's also like you're not controlling a lot of the combat because that's being done by the the little monsters that you can take over or whatever. And and I think that probably threw some people off as well. Not to mention the like solving a re dungeon with the bed for a while, Yeah, sure, a thing, but the main thing from Nintendo this week is obviously they kind of have to like keep drip feeding the news until we get to April. Second. So Nintendo's president for Krower, was asked, you know, especially because of all the stuff that had already come out about what's gonna happen with these tariffs and all this other stuff and the Japanese yen and exchange rate all that stuff. He's like, they asked him, you know what about the switch price, the Switch two price, and he says, well, there's multiple factors they are considering that they they know that it has to be affordable, that people have known Nintendo to be an affordable company when it comes to their products, and they have to take all this stuff into a you know account. I think I saw that most of the Switch two parts are made in Vietnam, so the tariffs wouldn't affect the switch to but that there is the still the exchange rate and the bad stuff going on with the end right now? Do you think that where where did you end up landing when we talked about the press, when we did the prediction at the beginning, I think sixty you still think it's gonna be three to fifty yetter all that, I feel like it's kind of getting us ready for a little higher.
Speaker 2: I could see four hundred, and there are some Costco Canada leak or like very temporary thing that headed for five hundred Canadian which would be basically four hundred USD.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I could see. I could see four hundred by itself a one leap for the console with what it's supposed to have inside. And then also you know the promise of Switch two games and still being able to play Switch one games. I think that's enough too. And then you know whatever the DLSS technology is going to be able to do when you put it on your TV, because supposedly the doc is going to actually have power this time. It's not going to just be you put the thing in through. It's not going to be a pass through where an ups. It's actually supposed to be providing power because it has to right provide that four K image. I definitely could see four hundred, and then you more your part nine you pay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think if it's a bundle with a game, that'll be four fifty, but it's yeah, you know, I probably just get the regular game, get the regular bundle or the regular system couldn't necessarily need Mark RT nine even though it'll be like the number one selling thing.
Speaker 1: I'd see a lot of people saying that, like we should get ready for like five hundred, and I'm just like, I still can't see them going route because it's it's still a switch like, you know, even if you tell me that.
Speaker 2: Like it's approaching five hundred, that's like almost steam Deck money.
Speaker 1: And I'd probably to get one of those.
Speaker 2: If I was going to get something in that form factor or you know, like that specific I'm going to spend the price. I'd rather spend the twenty or thirty extra bucks in the steam Deck. And it's say screwed.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's are going to sell like crazy. Let's let's not hit ourselves. We know for sure it will regardless of whether they priced it at five hundred, four fifty, four hundred and three fifty whatever. Obviously, when you start getting closer to five hundred, that's when people start going, I don't know, you know, do I need it right now? It's still plays Switch one games. We know two of the biggest games that people are gonna care about or Switch one Games, which is Pokemon ZA and Detroit Prime four beyond, especially the Pokemon side of things. So unless they announce a switch to exclusive Pokemon game, there's not really a reason for the Pokemon fans to go out and rush, and which they could. They could announce the next gen of Pokemon A two. Yeah, I don't. I think we're definitely gonna get whatever. I don't even know what gen we're on at this point. The successor to Scarlet and Violet could definitely be announced at that April second thing, even if they announced it just like they did ZA, where it's just like letterhead, name plate, it's coming whatever, you know, not this year, but next year's. Especially the way that the Game Awards and even Capcom with Animusha made it okay for you to be able to put twenty twenty six on a thing at the end, I could see Nintendo putting out a bunch of twenty twenty six stuff and going, okay, you know, get ready, Uh, there's some cool things coming this year, but next year we're definitely gonna have a blowout. You know this is coming, This is coming, this is coming. So I could see it. But yeah, I just I think like once you get past you're gonna tell me that it's five hundred and then five point fifty with a game for the switch too, and they're still gonna support the I think you're they're talking about. Switch one is gonna be supported as long as people demand it. The higher you make that price at the beginning, the more demand there's gonna be for supporting Switch one for a long time.
Speaker 2: So but the problem is you can't do what Sony and Microsoft did because there's gonna be a bigger golf between the Switch one and switch to than like PS four and PS five or the you know the xboxes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean definitely. You know this year there's gonna be switch one support, so there's no run you don't really need to buy the switch to until.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in the year in four years you didn't, they'll be Switched one support. No way, like even games nowadays like they don't run that particularly well in.
Speaker 1: The well, there are so many games that can't run on Switch one that will now be able to run on switch to, right, because even I mean seven if runs on Switch one. But I bet Borderlines two is not gonna be on switch but it probably will be on switch to. So Borderlines four I don't know if they're hinting at are they gonna try to get Grand Theft Attle six to run on switch too? Definitely not gonna. Uh so uh they did, you know, stress Seonic kind of reiterated they are going to support Nintendo's but I better Grand Theft Tottle six lands on that thing. It is going to sell even more crazy numbers. So I bet I think we'll try to make it work as much as possible. And I'm sure Nintendo is trying to avoid the whole like those Cloud only things did not work, so let's avoid that as much as possible. So, yeah, we'll see what it ends up costume. But I'm I see people putting out that four to fifty five hundred price. I'm dislike. I can't say, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think four hundred for the basic Basic one and then four to fifty for a game.
Speaker 1: I could see five hundred if you're gonna tell me that it either includes the pro controller or another set of joy Con but it has to have other things. So but you know those those plays is that love to do that, like GameStop and all those weird shops, that that's the only way they would sell the PS five was with the game and something else to like jack up the price, so I wouldn't be surprised. We see that also, but we'll see well when we get there. We still got plenty of time for April, like two months, barely a little bit less than two months at this I think the rest of this stuff, Uh, now, okay, there's a couple of things. Did you see the thing with uh it feels like every week we got to talk about by Away and dragon Age. Did you see the thing with Mike Andrew Wilson where he said that the reason why Vailguard failed is because people are used to, uh basically playing live service games, and so therefore they would have kept the games of live service like it was originally intended, it would have done better.
Speaker 2: Partially, I think there's just again, I should have he just said, like I should have been live service.
Speaker 1: But how does that again? How does that work?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Well, he says, to break beyond the core audience of games, you need to directly connect the evolving demands of players here increase. He seeks shureed world features and deeper engagement, alongsie high quality and errators, which obviously this was not a high quality narrative. Uh, he nailed it on that this wasn't a high quality narrative. But then Mike Laidlaw came out on Blue Sky and he said, look, I'm not a FANTASYEO guy, but if someone said to me the key to the successful single player IP successes to make it a purely multiplayer game, no, not a spinoff, fundamentally changed the DNA what people loved about the core game. To me, I'd probably like quit that job or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And also like, what's the mentality for that for like Balder's Gate three, Like that's not a live service game, and that was one of the most popular games of last year or two years ago.
Speaker 1: It's because he hasn't ingrained in them that everything has to be live service, right. It's like they don't know how to do unless it's something like you know, the us A fair stuff where it's like, okay, that's indie. It's okay for it to be it's to US co op, but it's okay for it not to be live service, you know. Whereas it's like anything that they spend a lot of money on has to have some kind of and it's like, holy crap, I'm worried about mass effect five. Now you're going to try to pigeonhole some kind of live service thing into that. Y, yes they are.
Speaker 2: There are some game spot thing like there's an EA thing about like, what do you want to see about plans for Zombies three? And my response is make it a twenty dollars game where there's no white sort of bullshit inside of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I just feel like that's that's another thing too. It's just like, look, we're seeing so many of these things bomb, how many of these have to happen to where you kind of understand that. It's like, look, the more and more you keep driving this up a wall, the more non people are going to reject it, right, and you're gonna have more multi versus and more concords and insert failed live service game here, and and you're not going to be that success. Like it's like you already kind of teeter on the brink with your sports games that you're like driving the monetization and two K does this as well with the NBA two K, where it's like, how do we get that VC money? Constantly It's like yo, I mean you try to do this with other games and it's it's just not happening. So how we don't do that?
Speaker 2: It's desperation. And also it's also like market like greed.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, definitely agreed.
Speaker 2: It's like it's just like how can you know, yeah, how can we extract more and more blood out of the stone.
Speaker 1: The number must go up constantly. Number cannot go down. Ever, It's like, y'all, some point the number's gotta go down. It cannot go up infinitely. Y'all really need to understand that, like start going spending less money on the upkeep of all this and and start going back to ground zero.
Speaker 2: I mean it's telling when he was cranking out needs for speed games for the past decade and a half, how like the only one that did actually well was Hot Pursuit. Mm hmmm, I think that's what it was, thee with Tops and Robbers. Yeah, yes, that was a mainly single player game, like you could like race against your friends times, but like they need to and also like it was like that wasn't a a the core feature of the game. All the other ones like they try to have this like live city cluster fastic race against your friends or whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, race against your friends with scores because it's not like you had you could actually race against them. It's like you put your score out there and they try to beat you. Yeah, okay, that's nowhere nearest fun but thanks. Yeah that Look, it's just it feels like every time we talked about them, like they postponed Need for Speed last week, and then they're gonna work on Battlefield and it's just like you keep putting out Dragon Age to sit there and tell them how badly it did, and even EAFC to a certain point, it's just like, God, I'll be glad when they get past this, and let's be happy about split fiction, because man, everything about a EA right now is nowhere near as bad as Warner Brothers, though, who continue to just I guess it's good news, but just shows their strategy was absolutely terrible. I guess they tried to figure out some kind of live service thing for Wonder Woman or they couldn't figure out what they wanted the Wonder Woman game to be, and apparently it was rebooted secretly. It's already cost more than a hundred million dollars. Crazy, and aside from also like we knew, they're pretty much failed because not only do they put it in patient plus and it felt like it made no waves. But you know, Harry Potters Putish Champions did nothing. And then it's like one of them was supposed to be one of their big games because it uses the nemesis system that we haven't seen since the second yeah, or set of War. And then yeah, it's just going back to the ring board. So we'll see when he gets put out.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you two things about Wonder Woman. A does she fly or now?
Speaker 1: Uh? I bet they will try to make her no.
Speaker 2: I mean the character itself.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've seen in some of the cartoons that she.
Speaker 2: Did yeah, because it's funny because I mean, Jen is a huge Wonder Woman fan, which is like the wildering to me kind of because she's kind of a blind character, I think personally. And then I asked him like, well didn't you fly in this one? And he's like, what do you mean fly? And I was like, she can fly, yeah, And then he was like what about the invisible jet? And I was like, she has that also, Like that's also you know, so she didn't have.
Speaker 1: The ability to fly until not to get until the Wonder Woman nineteen eighty four, no.
Speaker 2: She's had a built well no, like you've been able to fly the comics for like decades.
Speaker 1: Right, but he was like gifted to her by Athena. Yeah you know, but they and then whatever.
Speaker 2: That was like the funny Wonder Woman discussion we had because yeah, she fights in the cartoons, like, right, no problem. But I read that article and I was like, what do you mean, Like this Nemesis system is turned into like this friendship bullshit, Like how do you do that? I was like just bewildered by that. I'm like, what do you become friends with your enemies? You know you're Nemesiss. You give him a chocolate cake and the beef is over? Like it's like, no, wonder that part of the game failed or like you know, is meandering about because you can't build a game on that.
Speaker 1: I mean, she has plenty of She has enough Nemesiss to where it's like.
Speaker 2: Well, no, because the whole thing with Shadow War, Shadow Mortor is just faceless orcs. Yeah, it's not like, oh this one orc is somehow story relevant.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: No, just they have some you know, uh, rudimentary system that you can just generate infinite orcs, Right, like and that's the problem of Wonder Woman also is like she doesn't have like a good uh.
Speaker 1: Arch enemy, yeah, other than like the cheetah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, oh cheetahs, the arch edimen. It's like, yeah, okay, Like even if you even if you eliminated a joker from Batman mythology, he still has oh god, dozens of dozens of other bad guys to contend with, or you know Superman, say with like Lex Luthor. It's like, but like, how do you do the Nemesis system with like random goons? With Wonder Woman fights like, oh, this one's somehow I'm immune to her lasso or something like that.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also like because in Shadow Mortor, it's kind of believable that that orc could also like whoop your ass, yeah right, whereas like the the goon that you're gonna fight, where one woman obviously has better powers than that goon.
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, that's that's also the whole problem with Superman or Superman game. It's like, how do you believably put Superman in danger? It's like you can't.
Speaker 1: Would you have to pull like enemies from the Justice League or whatever to even fill that out For Wonder Woman to like make that believable to where uh you know she has enough nemesiss to use that system. Like that's that's the thing, is Ye, that's what I think.
Speaker 2: So because a nemicis system is just like there is an in game or in universe reason at least in Shadow mortor for like, oh, Surron is creating tougher orcs theoretically you know, their immune to poison or their immune to whatever. Like you can't do that. It's like justice like or a Wonder Woman because oh this yeah, this goon is not immune to your weapon or your sword or you know, like you're like I said, lasso or something. So yeah, I just think like it's it's a very hard thing to like pull off, unlike with like Batman or like even a lot of like X Men or not Marvel characters who are like functionally at least mortal, like Spider Man gets hurt or Iron Man gets sucked up, like you don't really see Wonder Woman doing that, or like Superman because they are basically immortal. Like yeah, I remember Superman sixty four, Like the reason was, like the reason you could get hurt in that game was like, oh there's kryptonic gas everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeahs terrible man.
Speaker 2: It's general, you know, but at least like they tried to provide an in universe reason for why he was like weakened, right, but just dumb.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, at least we know there's a single player of Batman game happening at the remnants of whatever's left the rock study, right and whatever. Whenever it is that we'll see that game. It's probably like at least three years away.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say four, but three, yeah, ah. Do you think it will come out or do you think they'll actually be able to finish it?
Speaker 1: With them talking about there was like tumultous behind the scenes problems with why Wonder Woman it got rebooted, Like, I don't know, I just don't have faith that Warner Brothers will still have a functional game division in that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, they should shut everything for another room and be like, you know, here's the money for Mortal Kombat. If you can squeeze out another game on the off here, like I can bring.
Speaker 3: Back DC whatever the hell that thing was called, uh, Injustice or Injustice Yeah yeah, if you can throw that off, cool everything We're gonna shut down yeah.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't really, I'd really be It wouldn't surprise me at all if like Mortal Koma's the only thing left standing.
Speaker 2: After what I can see, I don't going to come out that Batman game has come out, but I think it does. It'll be so far removed from what Rocktery did or from what people want, it might even be a bigger disaster than Justice League Suicide Squad.
Speaker 1: I will say that if they can get you know, there's a there's reports out that they're making an expansion to Harry Potter and Harry Potter too. If that does well right and continues to be the grossing, the big grosser for them, that it you know, the first game was right, and Mortal Combat kind of keeps going along. I'm sure when the second movie comes out, that might reinvigorate people to go play Mortal Kombat again. And let's see, if these DC movies do well, what are people going to be looking for, you know, other kinds of like we saw it Fallout and all that. When you have a good trans media property, people look for those games, right. So if James Gunn can bring back the DC movies to be something good, and you know, we already know. He did the great job with Peacemaker. I think that can kind of be the thing that all of that together could keep it around long enough. And if Wonder Woman can can somehow come back from all this and be good, that'll keep it around long enough for Rock Study to be all right and Batman, you know, to still exist. It just I don't know if another Batman movie will also come out before then, too. I don't know what Matt Reeves is doing, or are they actually doing that Batman two movie or whatever's going on with that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Joker Too sucked, right. I finally watched it when it was on HBO Max like last week, and I was like, we turned it off halfway through because I don't mind musicals, but it just, my god, it was just so not working for that movie, right, yo, come on, even my my you know, my girlfriend's dad, who loved the first Joker, he just got up and he's like, why is there singing? Yeah? I don't want this in my movie, Like they just ruined the movie for me, and I'm just like, I'm sorry. You know, I'm only watching it because it's on HBO Max and I don't have to pay for it. I kind of wanted to see how bad it was, and I was like, yeah, it's pretty bad. I watched that wilfare Reese Witherspoon movie on Amazon Prime and said, and actually that was that's actually pretty But you know, look, I just I hope that all of this stuff could be good, because it's it's better for everyone if those movies and those ips are doing well. It just I hate it. I hope that Rock City can still be around long enough to like redeem themselves because for all intensive purposes that whoever made that Arkham VR game it's actually pretty good. So yeah, people want that still if you can do it right right, all right, So now the rest of this stuff is really just like, let's hit this out quick, so let me go. Uh Sonic X Generation sold two million cool glad to sell movie out, you know, yeah, exactly. GBA's water Land Force coming to Switch Online. It should have also mentioned last Segrigerator sixty four is also coming is already out and Switch Online this is coming on Valentine's Day. Cool. I'm always happy to see more games that I actually know hitting switch online, not the random nes stuff. Then Nintendo puts out that I'm just like okay, no, like whatever. Neither one of us will he played this, but just wanted to mention it because it's been like a thing. Football Managers twenty five has been delayed twice. It's supposed to come out in March. Apparently it's not going to hit that and they just decided to cancel it and they're going to focus on Football Managers twenty six. So if you're a big Football Manager guy, and there are a lot of people that are huge on Football Manager, I'm sure they're disappointed and they're not going to get to play the newest version. But canceling it exactly not for forcing it, because they did mention we could have put it out and just kept updating it, and we felt that it was it would have been terrible to do that, so we just canceled it right. Good on them, Happy to see people having the gumption to do that.
Speaker 3: UH.
Speaker 1: Kingdom Cum Deliverance Too, which was the big game release of last week, hit one million sales out of the first day, so it's already made the money back that they spent on it. Apparently, according to UH forgot the like main director, but it's now the Yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: Another game me and YenS we're talking about, compared it to what a Dragon Age Vail Guard. Like people want unique games or very specific game and Gilgard tried like the whole like appealing to everyone approach, which didn't work. Yeah, almost never works, you know.
Speaker 1: And Kingdom Cuming Deliverance has two has great reviews. Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it ain't a game for you, and I no, it is for the people that want it and it's you know, specifically made for them, and it's good at what it does. So trying to like appeal to everyone, like.
Speaker 1: No, there was a little bit of that reviewer controversy because the director brought up that I can't remember the outlet now. They gave it like a five and they took it off the ninety minute critic uh, and he was pissed about that. Hey, he decided to just go on social media talk about it. And I was like, oh God, that's not good, because let's start that war again. We really don't need that anymore. I'm just so tired of it, Like, let's let's not have game Jittalist get attacked because a lot of people don't understand the game that video games takes so long to play. That. Fortunately, maybe a little bit more personal bias comes into those reviews than when you watch a two hour movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, if the game is purely broken, that's one thing, right. You know, all reviews are subjective to a certain extent, but.
Speaker 1: There's people that just they bring a lot more of their personal I didn't jibe with this game, so it is a five, Right, They don't look at it like objectively and go, it's a well made game. It's still a seven. Like, Okay, I did that with Big Helme of Heroes, Right, I gave it a seven. Probably for a lot of people, you look at the jank that's in there and they probably go, oh, that should have been a six or a five something, And I was like, I could still see the other qualities of this game for me, kind of outweigh some of the jink that I had to deal with. For some people, when you it's like I don't like this part of the game. I don't like that it forces me to do this, It's like, well, the game, that is what the game is. You didn't appreciate it for that, perhaps you shouldn't have been the one reviewing it, and therefore, now you gave this game A five and it does affect me unfortunately Metacritic and Open Critics scores and still tied the people's bonuses and stuff like that for a lot of places. Unfortunately, stupid. It shouldn't be that way, but it is. And you know, just maybe maybe think about like I'm not saying we need to think about those people when we're doing These are reasons, but it's like, just don't don't take so much personal bias into it that it's like it almost feels like you're hating now instead of actually re viewing the USA who you know, they used to run E three are now doing a networking event called Icon with two Eyes. Everybody, the big players are all in on this. It's gonna hit Las Vegas April twenty seven to April thirtieth. They're gonna have visionary knots engaging discussions at workshops and elite networking opportunities. Obviously, we talked about last week that, you know, the Summer Game Fest now has their own little business summit thing that they're doing. Yeah, you think this is gonna you know, obviously this is not supposed to be. It's not meant to be that it's kind of a going back to what E three kind of used to be, like where it's supposed to be more like a trade show, more like a this is the business thing. Yeah, you think this will actually like we got all the big players. You think this will be a big hit something.
Speaker 2: Be like pretty half assed, or they might do it for a year and then they won't get their money back and then that'll be it.
Speaker 1: I think this is an event. This is essentially just the business version of GDC uh, and it will be something that like, oh, in the industry, we kind of you talk about it and whatever, but it's not this thing that you like make a big deal about outside of that. And if some game gets made because some people got to meet up at this, we might find out the cool backstory behind it when no clip does documentary. But I think that's kind of be the extent of it for the most part.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Steam is not going to offer a warning for early access games that don't get updated after a year. I feel like this should have been there for like day one with early access. I don't think anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't even necessarily thoughts of people that companies or developers would like just you know, abandon ship you know like, well, I.
Speaker 1: Think they also didn't know that early access was going to take off the way it did. Like so many games is come in and come on in early access and then they sometimes they're there for many years, not just one, and you know they end up being great successes, right like we've seen a lot of games do or they do abandon it.
Speaker 2: I thought that was funny. The other Steam thing. Do you see that's it?
Speaker 1: No? Not today?
Speaker 2: It was Steam is putting the kaibas on games ahead in game advertising.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's great.
Speaker 2: Ah and like you guys for like they're telling girls versus if you had the starts, you have to remove it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good they should have.
Speaker 2: They can come to mobile. Oh.
Speaker 1: Also, I'm from I don't think i've seen this really report that much. I saw some sites posting it, but I think it's kind of like a rumor right now. It's not a but there's uh some hub above about Steam is gonna maybe try Steam Console version two. What do you think about that? You think that could actually work?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah, I think I think the the the market not the marketplace, but the ecosystem for a PC gaming is too varied and too like hyper competitive and I think the reason the Steam Steam Deck works to an extent is because they're targeting lower specs for both the game and the machine, and you.
Speaker 1: Don't have that alternative to the switch until they came out, until Steam they came on and gave you the alternative to the switch. And then obviously now there's other affordable PC gaming things out there.
Speaker 2: It'll just do people go people if they buy like a Steam machine too, or from the most sort of bitching about how it doesn't have a five nine or fifteen ninety in it, or you know, is yeah loading edge of technology, or.
Speaker 1: It's not going to erase the Xbox or the PS five or even take out PCs for that matter. I think it's if it does come out and they're just going to have it be you know, the big picture mode version of the Steam Deck, where it's like literally we're just selling it on the vow on the Steam Store, and we don't plan on having this in stores at all, then I guess fine, right, because they're not spending they're not making all these deals with all these other PC companies like they were with Alienware and all that, and then Alienware cooking to sell. If it's just Valve doing it because they want to give you the alternative. I also don't think that that prohibits Xbox or if Sony wants to do it, but I don't think they will because I still do if if Sony eventually adopts the Microsoft strategy of let's be open, they're not gonna to do it for question six. They might do it for something beyond that. Uh, they're still gonna be Sony for postation sick. So let's say Xbox, that's that's the uh. To me, it's really the only push that they could possibly do that makes that console innovative is we you can literally open up any other PC store on the Xbox and play those games. That doesn't prohibit that from happening because THEMOS is already available on Lenovo. So if Microsoft offers Valve enough money, I don't think Valve is gonna say no. It also doesn't stop the Steam Deck from existing or this console or whatever. I just don't think Valve is expecting these things to sell ridiculous numbers. They're just there for people that want them, and if they just don't sell at all, I guess they just don't make them anymore. But we'll see.
Speaker 2: The valve, the steam box in the steam, the deck, but the stupid brick thing I had for like six months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly with those term controllers. Yeah, the steam Uh, just really quickly because we always have to talk about these things. Unfortunately, Iron Galaxy laid out six or six employees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a shame because I like Iron Galaxy. I mean, they don't make the best games always, but.
Speaker 1: They got art. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: I think the problem is like the marketplace is so fractured, Like there's not a place like the B tier type types of games, right exactly, like like bio mutant or you know, killer instinct that.
Speaker 1: Exists with some places, but it's like very rare, like I kind of have to they have to accept it has to be unknown, like you know, like thatless stuff, right, that's that's kind of double a ish, but it's persona. It's you know, it's summacammtens like those are beloved franchises, people a very established brand, like a Dragon as well. Like that's especially the spinoffs, like, uh, those are beloved as well. So it's like there's gonna be acceptance for them. But you try to bring in a new ip double a and it's like, unless it just really hits with people, it seems like they try to go way too far in the other direction, like the I'm gonna kill myself not killing, but I'm gonna hate myself first, constantly saying this. You know, you mentioned it last week. It's like the bean On Namco game that they tried to make it trans media before it even came out, and the Operation nine or whatever it is, and it it just bombed. Right. So also speaking of ban On Mco, because I want to bring this up, one hundred and seventeen nine. Yes, okay, that's what it is. Sorry, it's a memorable title, So I mean that doesn't help either. But I think we're thinking of like District nine and all that other stuff too. Ben I Namco has laid off one hundred and seventeen employees, not laid off in the same sense that we think of an American you know, when we were talking about that they did that whole thing where they stuck people in a room and they said they weren't doing that, but they were. Apparently they have lost one hundred and seventeen employees because they were doing things like that. Interesting that they were doing that when Dragon Ball Sparking zero sold five million copies, which is ridiculous for that franchise. Also, especially that version of the dragon Ball games that you know you're not a big fan of, but hey, kudos to them. Again. Helps when you have another property that is doing well in the Dragon Ball Dima and all that stuff, and knowing that this is one of the few last things that Toyama himself has some kind of involvement in, because now we know that anything beyond Sparking zero and Tima, that will be other people working on those I think, which Ugi Horri did mention the Dragon Quest twelve is progressing. Uh, that probably would have been the last thing that Tama might have had some involvement in, right.
Speaker 2: Which was like the art page and was like all right, yeah that's the way.
Speaker 1: So sucks again a legend, legend of of all that media, but you know, all that has a thing together to kind of affect the sale of that game doing well. Obviously think it's a good game as well.
Speaker 2: You know, I like to say it, but that'll be like when Moto finally passes away.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to think about that day. That's gonna be a sad.
Speaker 2: And it won't be the same as when not no Murra but the guy the guy made to Fantasy. Oh so yeah, he's been very disforced.
Speaker 1: In that for a while. Now he came back now, right, but like you know, for twenty years. It's kind of I think if you makes that one last game that he says he wants to make one last like big RPG right in the vein of Fall Fantasy six or whatever, if he does make it and it has Square Enix published on the box or on the on the cover, I think that would change a lot of things, you know, where he kind of really did finally come full circle and all that stuff. You know. Yeah, but all right, that's that's it for the show this week. Talking about games that are coming out in the next week or so. Also, yeah, coming out in this Valentine's week, you know, hopefully for all of y'all that have someone to celebrate with. If you watch the video version, you saw my girlfriend about three or four times. She's normally not here. It's just that she had my daughter. She went to pick up my daughter from school, and then she was like, oh, I don't want to have to like bring her in and come back again. So yeah, she just stayed here. Instead, we do have said Mere Civilization seven, which will be the Biger really said Meyer, sorry, release of this uh this week coming on everything. I know you're waiting on that code. Still, hopefully you do get it so we can talk about it next week. But you know, also there's that they did have the special edition you could buy to play early, which I sawesome people that I playing. People are happy, Yeah, definitely not because it was the day that the PSN went down, so if you had it on PlayStation they can either.
Speaker 2: People are pissed.
Speaker 1: So we'll get into that, I guess once it actually releases another legacy game. Those games are still coming out. Steal In Sorcery comes out in the twelfth. Alien Rogue Incursion also releases on the thirteenth, probably twenty five if you wanted to get your Rugby fix problem with that on the thirteenth. Slam Heroes comes down on the thirteenth as well, a game I've been looking forward to, but I didn't try to go get the review code because I can't. It's just there's too many games coming out. After Love EP, which is the final game from the creator of Oh My Gosh, I can't think of the name the Coffee Coffee Talk Games because then he passed away. This is the last one, so I'm kind of been looking forward to And this one also has like a guitar hero kind of tinge a little bit to it too, has the rhythm games based gameplay when they have to do like songs and stuff like that. Also, Legend of Heroes Trails Today, Big True, which Scott Ciscott over there he's been on the show before reviewed over there for auer Haven he liked it a lot. And a tomb Raider four through six remastered also comes out on Valentine's Day as well. Sow Things. Yeah, exactly, you wanted to have that game to play with, you know, the the original one of the original girl games, right when when girl when girl gamers had to play things with only female leads or something, you know of that variety or the reason that a lot of guys played because Little Croft and all that stuff. You can go play those with your girlfriend. I guess back then, maybe after LEVP is the more the romantic one. But all right, that's it for this week's episode. Go like, subscribe, follow all that stuff. Thank you so much for watching listening whatever, we'll see you later. Everybody