Speaker 1: Bill cunning in the Great American. Of course, Leland vitteris with News Nation. He's moving to seven pm to nine pm on News Nation Monday through Friday. On balance, so much more going on and Leland vinter welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, leaving the decision came out this morning from the US Supreme Court to give constitutional authority in a sense to the Congress that passed a ban on TikTok that takes effect at midnight on Sunday. Between now and then the Kulbi, two or three things happen. Biden has said he's going to leave it up to the next administration. Trump has said, well, it needs to be owned by an American business. I can't imagine during the heyday of the USSR if the Russians who would control CBS Evening News and the Wall Street Journal. I don't think we would allow that to happen. But TikTok is one hundred and seventy five million users, two thirds of young adults, one third of adults over the age of twenty five are on TikTok, along with aliens of businesses. And I think the Trumpsters are the deal he's going to do something to delay at sixty to ninety days and try to work it out. And is that the way you see things you going with TikTok?
Speaker 2: Well, I think.
Speaker 3: Your analysis on why TikTok is a dangerous spot on right. There was all the things about oh, they know where you are and they know your metadata on your phone and being sent back to China, which is true, and then everybody goes, why do I care? Like you know, it didn't really Really The issue is is that the Chinese Communist Party gets to decide what Americans are seeing, and they used that to sew.
Speaker 2: Division in America.
Speaker 3: We saw that during the campus protests and the pro Hamas rallies post October seventh. It's why young people became so anti Semitic and so anti Israel and so pro Hamas would be. They were being said this diet by the Chinese Communist Party. So you're right, during the Cold War, we wouldn't have left the Soviet Union O CBS and the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, and we wouldn't have let the Germany during World War Two.
Speaker 2: I see it a little differently.
Speaker 3: I think that the Chinese have shown and they've said this, We'd rather shut TikTok down than sell it.
Speaker 2: And they've said that, which tells.
Speaker 3: You that it's not about a business, which proves them as liars. You know, the Chinese are lying when their lips are moving. I'm I am unclear why Donald Trump would allow something that is so dangerous and bad for America to continue to operate for a single day. Shut it down, Okay, get leverage over the Chinese, and then if they want to sell it, fine, No, no, no, No one's going to go hungry in America because TikTok is shut down while this art of the deal is being done.
Speaker 4: Right, and so we'll see what occurs.
Speaker 1: The communist red Chinese have about a one trillion dollars per year budget does surplus with America. That is that they sell us a trillion dollars more things than we sell them. And so the idea that in addition to the marketplace eighty ninety percent of our pharmaceuticals all come from China. They control large parts of the American economy. They also have billions of dollars worth of US Treasury notes, and they also have TikTok in which they're gathering the algorithms. They're gathering all the personal data of one hundred and seventy five million Americans to be used against them. It's incredible how we let this to happen. And this is a set up perfectly for Donald Trump on Monday, on inaugural Day. Somehow this is the art of the deal, and this is right in his swing house because he now knows that he can do something. And there's Americans who want to buy it, including mister Wonderful on CNBC.
Speaker 4: They want to buy it.
Speaker 1: But maybe Red China will say, you know what, We're not going to we shut it down completely, in which case the market will find another outlet.
Speaker 4: Correct. The market always wins.
Speaker 3: You have a lot more confidence in Donald Trump's ability to pull this off than I do, because I think there's a there's another Well.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm a journalist.
Speaker 3: My job is to be skeptical, right. I'm not pro Trump, I'm not anti Trump. I'm my job is to just tell you what's happening and why it's happening. The Chinese have enormous influence over Elon Musk because of Tesla lithium supplies for Tesla batteries and because of Tesla's.
Speaker 2: Market in China.
Speaker 3: Without China, Tesla is in a world of hurt as a company. And most of Elon Musk's wealth comes from Tesla, the vast majority of it.
Speaker 2: So there there are some there are.
Speaker 3: Some pressure points on Donald Trump that I think over the next six months to twelve months are going to become very clear. And there's there is this big break inside his administration.
Speaker 2: You have Marco Rubio yesterday, who made the point.
Speaker 3: You made about pharmaceuticals, about our debt, about China's aggression in Asia, about their course of you know, their corsion around the world to try and heal countries away from being allies with America, and he gave a big warning in ten years America will essentially exist at China's willingness and at their behest. That's really dangerous.
Speaker 2: And again this idea, you know.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump said, I have a soft spot for TikTok. I don't know why you would have a soft spot for something that is so so bad for America and so and run so completely by America's adversary dot dot dot And I again, mister wonderful can do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: I don't really care.
Speaker 3: My issue is why would why would you if you want leverage over China.
Speaker 2: Shut it down. Call their bluff on day one, okay, and then we can negotiate later. You give this a reprieve.
Speaker 3: Okay, you are handing China a win on day one.
Speaker 4: We'll see in the next couple of days.
Speaker 1: What occurs to shut down at midnight on Sunday and the Monday morning twelve later.
Speaker 2: You want to give you, We're going to give you the real kicker here. Yes, may shut down. All All the law says.
Speaker 3: Is we're going to remove it must be removed from the app store. So the one hundred and seventy million Americans who have it on their phones can keep it on their phones and they.
Speaker 2: Can keep using it. The people who said they're.
Speaker 3: Going to shut it down or the Chinese because they want to force the issue.
Speaker 1: And so the Trumpster's got a decision if they shut it down. Does your crystal ball tell you that Chinese will shut down an app actually do what they said they're going to do. I don't think they're going to shut it down. I think they won't take any new users. Just let it play out. That's my prediction.
Speaker 2: I think the Chinese.
Speaker 3: Play a game of chess that is so unbelievably aggressive.
Speaker 2: And they think that they can play us, and by giving any kind of reprieve to me is an enormous.
Speaker 3: I was a mistake, but he well, actually, I say that giving the Chinese any kind of reprieve until they meaningfully change how they act is an enormous mistake.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move to page two. Is this an historical presidency? And I'll make this argument to you Leland Witderte of News Nation that when I look at what Donald Trump has done the past ten years in politics, it's historically unpresidented. In twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, he took down the Bush dynasty dynasty which was of course Jeff Bush.
Speaker 4: He was done.
Speaker 1: And then the Obama wanted the continuation of the third Obama term with Hillary Clinton. He defeated the Bushes, then he defeated the Obamas. Then here comes Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton entitled presidency. Took down the Clintons, and then came Joe Biden. Joe Biden has been in office for more than a half a century, one way or another. Took down the Bidens, he took down the Cheney's, he took down Nancy Pelosi that won't even come to the inaugural, which is who cares? But the point is the Bushes, the Obama, the Clinton's, the Cheneye, the Biden's, Nancy Pelosi all fall beneath the mighty boot of Donald Trump. And I was thinking, Okay, could some businessman out of New York City pull this one off?
Speaker 4: The answer is not is only yes as hell? Yes?
Speaker 1: Is this an historical moment taking place on Monday when he takes the presidency again?
Speaker 3: Well, frankly, anytime America gets a new president, it's historical. Will Donald Trump go down in history as a unique inflection point?
Speaker 2: Which is? I think what you're pointing out in American history? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: And you went through the list of sort of things and enforces in American politics that he has vanquished.
Speaker 2: It is absurdly impressive. Friday Night Tonight and then Sunday Night again.
Speaker 3: NewsNation presents Bill O'Reilly United States of Trump, where we go through all this. I interviewed Bill O'Reilly, He's known Trump for thirty five years, unbelievable access, an insight into was you would call him the Trumpster? And what motivates him, what the dangers are.
Speaker 2: Ahead on and on. Uh yes, yes, it's historical. I get that.
Speaker 3: The one thing I would caution Americans about, you know that that old line which is forever true, this too shall pass.
Speaker 2: Number one, right, and number and number two. Okay, we'll see you know, Donald Trump. Donald Trump's presidency was chugging along just fine in twenty nineteen and into twenty twenty, and then COVID.
Speaker 3: Hit, for which he was uniquely I should say, uh, probably unprepared to deal with. And uh yes, there were a lot of forces against him that that that worked against him and sort of you know, wanted to use COVID to get him out of office. But I think what's most historical about right now, and I think you'll agree with me on this is how the resistance to Donald Trump in the media, in corporate America, and in tech, which in twenty seventeen, those three groups coalesced around stopping Donald Trump at all costs.
Speaker 2: That resistance that.
Speaker 3: Was like a glacier was put in the microwave over the past three months. I'm looking, I'm looking out right now in my window at the founder of Starbucks. Find me a more liberal company than Starbucks. His yacht is here for the inauguration.
Speaker 1: N Zuckerberg and all the Olive Garks that supported Joe Biden. He loved the oligarchs when they were with him. He hates him now that he's against him, including the entire Democratic Party. This waxes and Wayne's hell. In nineteen sixty four, you couldn't find a Republican with a search war, and four years later Nixon was elected, and these things that went back and forth all the time. So who knows what's going to be like in four years. But if he has a successful presidency, then JD. Vans will likely be elected president and get an eight year run.
Speaker 2: Now, thanks Cunningham. Yeah, I'm gonna get you.
Speaker 3: Go and get me on the record. Okay, now I'm getting you on the record. The governor of Ohio announces his pick for the United States Senate at one pm Eastern. I believe we're talking at eleven fifteen am.
Speaker 2: Yes, who does the wine pick?
Speaker 1: My crystal ball, says Lieutenant Governor John Eusted. For this reason that Viveke Ramaswami was encouraged by Trump to take the Senate seat. But Mavek has told many, including yours surely, that his real goal is to become the governor of Ohio. And when John Houston, who has got all the backing of the powers that be in Ohio to be the next governor, decides okay, I'll switch to the Senate. That leaves the path of Viveke Ramaswami clearly open to become the next governor. He can spend the next year in Doge, going around and around with Elon Musk, and then come to Ohio where he's from. He went to school about five miles f where I broadcast from it, a place called Sanex High School. Grew up in Springfield Township. He lives in Columbus now, and then he can become the He wants to do something.
Speaker 4: And I harkened back to the two.
Speaker 1: Conversations I had one with George Bonovitch wanted to Mike DeWine. Both have been governor for eight years, and both had been in the Senate for eight years. And I asked him both separately. Of course, I said governor of Vanovitch. What's a better job, he said, I asked him Senate or governor. He says, there's no question about it. Everyone knows being a governor is better because you can do something with a Senate you can't. You can advocate, you win, you lose your horse trade. Mike Dwaine told me the same thing about three weeks three months ago. He said, I'm so happy I'm not in the Senate. I hated it there, all the horse dealing, all the crap you had to put up with. I love being the governor.
Speaker 4: And viveg.
Speaker 1: Garamaswami has listened to that advice that's saying, oh, you can actually do something in Ohio. So I think it's going to be John Houston and then Viveke Garamaswami will say he's going to run for the governorship. That's my prediction. You heard it here first, all right, we got to run once again. Uh, Leland Vetter, congratulations. I guess it's a little bit of a promotion to prime time nine pm, money through Friday on News Nation. I'll be watching tonight and once again Leland Vitter, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Leland. Thanks Bill, God bless America. Let's continue with more. And that's my prediction. I'm sticking to it until after one o'clock. We're going to hear the news conference live. According to Tony bender, so at that point, well know, but that's my prediction. Could things switch up, absolutely, But I think the stars are aligning for John Houston, the Lieutenant Governor, to get appointed to the Senate and get him there immediately because the votes next week are going to be gigantic. And then secondly, Vivek has a gig already come back to Ohian about a year and away you go. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WULW