Speaker 1: God Well.
Speaker 2: Channeling his dinner Clurk get them Dives makes the cat backhand sign Dustin off that gold.
Speaker 3: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 4: Wanna take your shot? We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 1: We're here.
Speaker 4: The road comes through La.
Speaker 1: Come get it.
Speaker 4: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 5: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 2: I got it?
Speaker 6: Best overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 1: Ring.
Speaker 7: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch. Tim Kays Hi.
Speaker 8: Everybody, and good afternoon, Dodger fans. Welcome into Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this cold, overcast Sunday here in southern California. Your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers seventeen and ten on this season is just a half game back of San Francisco. Thank atop the NL West. After splitting the first two games of this series with Pittsburgh. Today, the Dodgers look to make the Pirates walk the plank as they go for the series win. Tyler Glass now on the mount. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at one tank coming up over the next sixty minutes here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You were gonna hear from the Dodger manager himself, Dave Roberts, certainly happy with the team last night and their victory over the Pirates. On his bobblehead night. We'll dive deeper into this Sunday pitching matchup. David Bassa goes one on one. Well, one of the good guys, Caleb Ferguson, Yes, former Dodger reliever now with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Speaker 5: That's coming up in forty five minutes.
Speaker 8: We got your Dodgers magical moment, your prize picks, double play of the day.
Speaker 5: Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 8: In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday on this Sunday afternoon. Well, last night it was a slugfest at the Ravine with the Dodgers prevailing. Rookie Sasaki got the start the right handers. First pitch of the game taken deep by O'Neil Cruz and the Pirates just like that had a one nothing lead, though the Dodgers would answer back on the bottom of the first ta Oskar Hernandez and RBI double that tied the game in one. Ta Oscar would then score on an air as the Dodgers took a two to one lead. In the fifth, the Pirates retook the lead up three to two, but the bottom of the inning, Freddie Freeman tied it up with an RBI single. Was back and forth between the Dodgers and Pirates, and the seventh the Pirates again took the lead on a fielder's choice, Pittsburgh up four to three, but the Dodgers answered back yet again. In the bottom of the seventh, they tied the game thanks to show hey Otani and RBI doubled. Dodgers and Pirates all knotted up at four. Then in the eighth, the Dodgers had one of those big innings we're so used to them having, and it all started with Taoskar left.
Speaker 9: Handed Ryan Barrookie is warming up or Pittsburgh and this ball's hammer deep.
Speaker 10: Till left field way backing down.
Speaker 9: Tioscar Hernande's well let go ahead home run of the eighth to night, it's five to four Dodgers. Tay Oskar with his seven home run of the Caesar. Oh what a blast, A frozen rope in the left field pavilion.
Speaker 8: Ty Oscar Hernandez a lead off home run in the eighth. That's the top tier played the game, brought to by RCO quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers up five to four. They were just getting started in the inning. Tommy Edmond a double, Will Smith walked after a pitching change, Dave Roberts went to keyk Hernandez off the bench.
Speaker 4: Three to two. Pitch runners go.
Speaker 9: This's bass drilled the left It is headed.
Speaker 2: Back to the wall.
Speaker 1: It is gone.
Speaker 4: It is gone.
Speaker 10: It is gone.
Speaker 6: Kei k Hernandez with a pitch hit, three.
Speaker 10: Run home run. Oh how do you like that?
Speaker 6: On a two stripe pitch, he drilled it into the left field seats and the Dodgers leaded.
Speaker 4: Eight to four. Oh my, what a shot by Key.
Speaker 8: K three run home run off the bench from keyk Hernandez is fifth of this season.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers in the eighth.
Speaker 8: Inning, four runs, four hits, two home runs, three walks in a stolen base again one of those crooked numbers they put up on the scoreboard, and a big inning for the Dodgers as they take an eight to four lead. They go on and win by that same final score. Kirby Yates a winning relief. It was a good outing from rookie Sazaki pitching into the sixth inning. But still in search of that first win in the big leagues is Suzaki. The Dodgers with the win snap the three game losing streak. They improved his seventeen to ten on the season, just a half game back in the division, and today they go for the series win over the Pirates.
Speaker 5: Tyler Glass now on the mountain with more.
Speaker 8: We head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we say good afternoon to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, thank you Tim.
Speaker 11: Great to have you back in the saddle here with Rick Monday on this Sunday mornings. The Dodgers and Pirates get ready for the rubber game in this three game series and MOE. Last night, the Dodgers matched a season high with eleven hits, five doubles, the most they've had in a season, and ultimately the decisive intim at four run eighth. What were your big takeaways from that game?
Speaker 1: I think the biggest thing is is that we're beginning to see some better swing show Hey Otani, for example, three hits, two doubles in a triple. If we look at Atty Paez, he continues to hit the ball. He was three for four, had a double, two singles, and for kick Hernanez has really kind of struggled, you know, he's been basically take it right to the bank against left handers in his career. Not the case to begin with so far this season. But he came on to pinch hit a couple of runners on base in the eighth inning very quickly. The count was one and two. We moved the count to three and two and they've hit the home run. Oscar Hernanez a double, knocked in a run at a home run, and that was a big, big blast, a come from behind victory. We're beginning to see a lot of different things, I think from an offensive standpoint, begin to come alive for this Dodger ball club.
Speaker 11: I think seeing show a breakout like that was big. And now you're just looking at Mookie Betts to do it next. You know, MOOKI can two and use his slide. But really the job that Andy Pie has this done has to be celebrated, and the patients and kind of the support that the Dodgers have shown him that during this early season skid, he's paying them back here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and especially this series. I mean he's six for seven in this series. That's with three doubles and with three singles. So he's doing some things. One thing for this Dodger ball A couple of things really come to mind. One, the defense can tighten up a little bit better. The base running has gotten a little bit better of recent times. My big big question is when the bill comes due with the bullpen. And here's the point that I'm bringing up. The last five games, the bullpen has had to cover twenty two innings. That is a very heavy workload. I'm glad you brought up the defense.
Speaker 11: So i think one of the biggest plays of the game last night was Freddy Freeman's diving stop at first base and Kirby Yates he saw his reaction to that that that play. If not for that, the Pirates score at least one run, probably two, And that ballgame looks and feels totally different. But ultimately the Dodgers were able to come away with a series evening win, and now they have a chance to take the series day with Tyler Glaston.
Speaker 1: Plays like that can lift an entire ball club, not just a moment of that inning. It can change the overall dynamics, and especially a ball club like the Dodgers. You know, Dave Roberts has been saying they have not been playing a lot of clean baseball games defensively, and starting to get much much better.
Speaker 11: Depending on how the scores shakeout today here at Dodgers Stadium and around the Nashley West, the Dodgers can hop back into the saddle atop the division for the first time since the first week of the month. That is certainly the plan and the hope today for the Dodgers. Tim when we come back, we'll talk about the Southern California pitching matchup we have today, Tyler Glassnell and Bailey Falter.
Speaker 8: All right, thanks a lot and elliots, we can't get down to the first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on. Hey, it's lunchtime right now on this Sunday afternoon. No better spot than Shakey's Pizza Parlor or your shit Y's Pizza chick and Mojos. You can do it online at Shaky's dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with our Dodger insider David Bassay. He'll go one on one with Caleb Ferguson. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. I got your prize picks Double Play of the Day up next, so your otani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports in LA. It's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Pirates on this Sunday first Pitcher one ten.
Speaker 5: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 8: I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: And the Dodgers and the Pirates on this Sunday afternoon. Tyler Glass now Bailey Falter. The pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers. Coming up in a little bit. First pitcher one ten.
Speaker 2: This is the.
Speaker 4: Ree wide swing on Belta down the right field line.
Speaker 9: Actually hit heaving for mc corners, Honey around first, Tonys wait a second, all bouncing around in the corner. Otani's gonna try to take third. Here comes the relay. It's cut off. It's a triple for show hay Otani.
Speaker 4: Oh and two.
Speaker 9: Now the pitch from Ferguson and Otani drills up.
Speaker 4: To left center field.
Speaker 9: That's gonna catch the gap and go to the war. Pa has on his horse around second, now touching third. Here's the relay.
Speaker 6: The play is cut off and PAA has scores an RBI double for show Hey Otani, and the game is tying at four. Otani's third extra base hit of the night head a two to one.
Speaker 4: There goes Otani for third.
Speaker 9: Throw down by bart Not in time and Otani swipes third.
Speaker 5: Show Hey.
Speaker 8: Otani had been two for sixteen with six strikeouts during his first four games back from fraternity leave before a big game last night, three for five, two doubles, a triple and RBI and his stolen base in the Dodgers eight four win over the Pirates.
Speaker 2: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 8: Hey Kirston, Now, Joyce is brought to you by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 5: Ready to donate your old car?
Speaker 8: Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agent standing by to take your donations. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today, Tyler Glass Now back on the bump.
Speaker 5: Today, Keirston.
Speaker 8: Last time we saw Glass now, he was leaving the game in Texas with cramps.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and he was someone who was cruising in that one. So to see him unfortunately have to leave the game early due to cramping in his lower half, you know that's not something where he likes to be. And if you look at the calendar, exactly essentially a year ago from that game. Last week in Texas, the team was in Toronto and he experienced similar cramping, had to leave the game. He's hoping, and he even said afterwards that it was a similar experience. Now if you look at how last year went that he didn't experience it again throughout the rest of the season. Yes, he did battle another injury, but he did not experience cramping. So the hope is that this is a one time thing for this year. He's someone we're talking to the coaches like he takes such good care of his body and there's really no like there's no exact reason as to why it happened or how it happened, but just to be a little bit more cautious and maybe even like preemptive when it comes to that cramping. He did have an IV yesterday, so he is extremely highdrated coming into this one. We've heard the pickle juices has worked in the past. Ivs of course helped with that as well, So he did have that yesterday, so hopefully today he can the stuff will be excellent and he's gonna be able to go a little bit deeper into the game.
Speaker 8: We talked before last night's game about the offense needing a jumpstart, a reset, if you will, top to bottom, and last night to go out score eight runs, eleven hits. Eight of those were for extra bases, including a triple from Otani a couple of hole runs from the Hernandez brothers. Seem like whatever they did yes should it worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Honestly, and even when you look at Showhy and how aggressive he was on the base path yesterday, the guys were playing with a different level of intent. You know, they had a conversation ahead of the game that they need to get back to playing Dodgers baseball. So now they're just looking to keep that going. So, like you said with Sho hey O Tani and specific, you know, when he came off the paternity list, he was scuffling a bit. It could have been timing, it could have just been you know, you're welcoming, you're first born to the family. That's a lot going on. But for him, he said, it just felt really good last night to get the results, to contribute to the team win. And so now he as well as everyone else, they're just looking to keep that going and they're hoping to add a few more to the you know, the the train, I guess the offensive train that's been in command. So for Mookie to kind of get back on track and then Eva Michael Conforto, Hey, watch out world, this this group might be unstoppable.
Speaker 5: We will see if they can continue that today.
Speaker 8: Appreciating herison still to come here on Morago because you know, Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitchy matchup Damon Vasagos one on one with former Dodger reliever now pirate reliever Caleb Ferguson. But up next we got did the injury report. I will hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, and so the Dodgers and Pirates on this Sunday afternoon, first pitch of one ten, I'm Tim Kase's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: Marango Casino Dodgers on deck continues on this Sunday afternoon. As we're leading up to first pitch from Dodgers Stadium, It's the Dodgers Empirates in the series finale Marongo Casino Resort in Spa, a grand slam for good times.
Speaker 5: First pitch is coming up at one ten.
Speaker 2: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 8: Present about UCLA healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers, Blake trying on the IL at the right forearm strain, Blake Snell on the IL with the left shoulder soreness. So an update coming with David Vassay. He's got updates on both Clayton Kershaw and Tony Gonsolin where they stand right now in their recovery in coming back. Certainly Tony Gonson can come back sooner than Clayton Kershaw who's on the sixty day IL. But David Vassie has got some latest information on Kershawn Gonson coming up in just a couple of minutes, as have.
Speaker 5: I got to Dodger.
Speaker 8: Stadium, go and get the pregame thought to the Dodgers kepbard.
Speaker 7: D questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 2: In the dugouts with Dave Robberts.
Speaker 14: He did an ivy yesterday, just kind of getting his body hydrated.
Speaker 7: All the work leading up to.
Speaker 14: Today is good, so for me and the training staff, there's no concern going into the start, which is a good thing.
Speaker 11: Just kind of.
Speaker 2: Howling yesterday's games laid out.
Speaker 12: How are you hoping to see the group carry that over into today's scene.
Speaker 14: I just like us being aggressive in the hitting zone. I thought yesterday the energy from the offense was really good. Certainly Rokie through the baseball well, but you know, just want Tyler to set the tone with his ability and have the offense follows suit. But again, I like what we did yesterday. I thought we took good at bats and just kind of up and down the lineup.
Speaker 7: It just looked much more fluid.
Speaker 3: He looked something something that he sort of solved from the sin sort of passybe les it.
Speaker 1: A little bit more consoling.
Speaker 14: Well, clearly, I thought he stayed on the ball better. With evidence to riding out the change up for the triple. I thought his first at bat, lining a ball to right center field was was good as well, So I think he stayed on the ball a little bit better. I still think that there's more in there as far as kind of the balance with the swing, but yesterday was certainly a big step in the right direction.
Speaker 15: He kind of braked like aftertry was like time and wise now, so that was like something that hid it struggling a.
Speaker 7: Little while before that, I think a combo.
Speaker 14: I think if I recall he wasn't, you know, lighting the world on fire right before, and then you take a couple of days where you're just you know, being a husband and a father. So the timing out of sync makes sense, and so it's you know, it takes time and hopefully, like I said, he's turned the corner. But it was it was both you know, he wasn't really locked in prior either.
Speaker 8: All right, there's Dave Roberts talking about show. Heo Tani the offense and need some more guys to get back on track like show.
Speaker 5: Hey, well we continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 8: We'll check you in with David vast State, who again got an update on Clayton Kershaw and Tony Gonsolin. I'm gonna want to hear when we come back as we lead up to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and the Pirates. So I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 8: Law Dodgers and Pirates, final game of this three game series.
Speaker 5: Tyler glassnow on the mount first pitch coming up.
Speaker 2: At one ten, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 10: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 2: This is Dodger insider David Bass.
Speaker 8: We're in DV looking at this lineup on a Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 5: What do you make of it?
Speaker 4: I'm a little surprised.
Speaker 1: Number one.
Speaker 16: I believed Keik Hernandez was going to be in this starting lineup today, But I am surprised that he's at second base and not third base. With the struggles of Max Munsey and a left hander being out on the mound, I thought maybe today would have been one of those days that Dave Roberts just has Max Munsey sit in the dugout and watch, and also having Monsey in the lineup and Keik at second now moves Andy Paz to left field. Andy Paz has been getting better in center field, his confidence has been growing. Now you're having him go to left field. That didn't really, you know, add up to me. Chris Taylor doesn't play a lot, and Dave Roberts talks a lot about keeping guys relevant. Chris Taylor probably would have benefited being in the lineup today in left field. So I still believe the Dodgers are going to win today. But those were a few of the questions I had.
Speaker 8: David is driven by Ford. There's one thing we like. Its choice is fine. Yours with the four f one fifty gas hybrid alllectric. Tough this mark and you'll only be called the F one fifty Tyler Glass. Now, last time we saw him, David Arlington left the game with cramps.
Speaker 5: Is he good to go today?
Speaker 4: He told me that he is.
Speaker 16: We caught up with him on Friday here at Dodgers Stadium and just talked about what are some of the keys that we should be looking at to know that he's on his game today.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I don't think I ever tried to. Like a lot of times, I'll pitch to my strengths. You want to know if someone's like glaring weakness or like what a hitter can't do. But for the most part, I'm going to go out there and kind of do my game plan and they have to react to it.
Speaker 16: Sunday's your next start day. Obviously got the cramps in the last start. How you feeling leading up to it?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 15: Everything feels good. I'm just gonna do a bunch of hydration stuff and figure all that out and then hopefully all can get out there and pitch hundred pitches orself.
Speaker 16: Hey, no word if Tyler Glass now took some pickle juice, but Dave Roberts said that they gave him I v's yesterday to make sure that there are no excuses for being dehydrated today on a day that's really not that hot here at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: Luckily no rain either.
Speaker 8: Dam we teased did a few minutes ago, you got some news regarding Clayton Kershaw and Tony Gonsol.
Speaker 2: What do he got?
Speaker 16: Yeah, Tony Gonsolyn made what we expect to be his final rehab start last week, and it's kind of trending towards Tony Gonsoln starting Tuesday for the Dodgers against the Marlins. Nothing official has been made, but Gonsolin, when I talked to him when the Dodgers were turned from the road trip, I said, oh, maybe pitch on the next road trip. He said, I think sooner, and sooner would be one of those three games against the Marlins, and Tuesday he kind of lines up as far as Kershaw goes. He's going to make another rehab start Tuesday as well for Oklahoma City. But like we've talked about, he's not close to even being activated if he felt good enough to pitch tomorrow because he's on the sixty day IL. He's not eligible to be activated from the sixty day IL until May eighteenth, which is a Sunday here at Dodgers Stadium. The Dodgers are scheduled to take on the Angels that day, so when they returned from that ten game road trip, we'll have a better idea about whether or not Kershaw is going to pitch that Sunday or a little bit after because after the Angel series on the next homestand the Dodgers hosts the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 8: Save real quick. Keiky Hernandez in the lineup today. Last night he had the big home run in the eighth and he had a little magic last night.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 16: He did a little girl gave Keike Hernandez blue wristband. Keik was doing an appearance at the Montabello Mall during the off day and this little girl that wanted Keyk's autograph not only got his autograph, but also gave him one of those rubber wristbands. And he put it on his wrist immediately. And if you go back and look at the replay last night, during his that bat when he hit that pin hit three run home run, he was wearing it.
Speaker 10: So I'm sure he'll be wearing it again today.
Speaker 5: I love that KEYK, Man of the people.
Speaker 8: Thank you, DV coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from Caleb Ferguson, We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup up next to your Dodgers Magical moment, don't go anywhere, lead you up to Dodgers and Pirates on this Sunday. I'm Tim Kats's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Sunday, as we are leading you up to first pitch from the Ravine Dodgers and the Pirates, final game of this three game series. Tyler Glass Now and Bailey Falter. The pitching matchup. First Pitcher one ten.
Speaker 4: A hot Dog who wants the hot Dog.
Speaker 2: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. It's Magical Magical presented by Hawfy hot Dogs.
Speaker 8: We go back to October ninth, nineteen seventy four, the Nationallygue Championship Series, Game four a Dodgers Stadium between the Dodgers and the Pittsburgh Pirates. Don Sutton and Jerry Royce, the former Dodger going at it and they would go at it in Game four, but Don Sutton was better, and he was really good, allowing just one run on a Willie Stargel home run of the seventh inning, scattered three hits, struck out seven over eight innings of work before turning it over to Mike Marshall and the ninth So.
Speaker 13: Our heartiest congratulations to every one of the twenty five players. It has been a long year and at no time did they quit on themselves and at a sure paid off hold off him swinging the Dodgers on the champions of the National.
Speaker 8: League, the great Vin Scully on the call in nineteen seventy four, Dodgers beat the Pirates twelve to one to win the NLCS in nineteen seventy four of their first nl pennant since nineteen sixty six. That nineteen seventy four NLCS between the Dodgers and Pirates the only time they have faced each.
Speaker 5: Other in the post season.
Speaker 8: This hockey magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Hoffey Soako's Local Treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 5: Offy hot Dogs, Local and so Great Wall.
Speaker 8: Continue here on Dodgers on deckal check in with Rick Bundays lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Pirates. I'm Tim Kasi's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 2: Network is Laurento Casino, Dodgers on the Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Pirates.
Speaker 8: Final game in this three game set, Dodgers looking for the series win with Tyler Glass now on the mountain.
Speaker 5: First pitch at one ten, got him with the two for one hard shot.
Speaker 4: To third, droves the second on the first double what.
Speaker 7: Double hole tames.
Speaker 2: This is the Prize Picks double Play of the Day.
Speaker 5: Join me and.
Speaker 8: Millions of other baseball fans and playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Download the free Prize Picks app right now. Sign up, and when you do, use this code go blue. Go blue, and you'll get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's go blue. When you sign up at Price Picks, it's so easy to play. You just pick two or more players more or less on their stats for a shot to win up to two thousand times your cash, whether it's strikeouts, RBIs, walks, hits home runs first inning run. Do you pick more or less at prize picks and use the code go Blue. Here are my two picks today, Max Munsey more or less at half a walk he had to last night. I'm gonna say more for half a walk for Max Munsey. Tyler Glass. Now I got it down to five and a half strikeouts, more or less five and a half strikeouts for Tyler Glass. Now I say more for the big right hander. Go to prize picks, use the code go blue. Prize picks.
Speaker 2: Run your game, and now joined by David Basse saying, here's la Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 16: Well, we're with our favorite social media influencer, the one and only Rick Monday. Rick Happy Sunday.
Speaker 1: T Yes, I have so many social media accounts I cannot keep track of.
Speaker 4: Them, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: Just the joke im any By the way, how many do you have?
Speaker 4: You don't want to know?
Speaker 1: Rick?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I asked. Inquiring minds want to know?
Speaker 16: Well, you know on Instagram thirty thousand followers, loyal followers.
Speaker 1: Well or stockers.
Speaker 10: They just want to see a glimpse of how often.
Speaker 1: Do you post? I mean if you're looking at the day the Dodgers are playing or you are you posting more if they're playing, or if there's an off.
Speaker 4: Day, more if they're playing.
Speaker 16: And I actually he tapped into a young college student and they said the way to grow your following is to post, to have a post on your Instagram and also create three stories on your Instagram story if you want to grow your following. And I've tried to stay with that formula, but it becomes too much of me. So I try to just post, you know, interviews and things like that.
Speaker 1: Well, if it will go to post, there's a lot of mes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hind too, I know.
Speaker 10: And baseball is not a me game.
Speaker 1: No, So do you take a lot of selfies?
Speaker 10: No, I'm my face I have.
Speaker 16: I'm kind of skinny fat rick, So you see my three chins, my three necks.
Speaker 4: When I do that.
Speaker 1: And that's why we're built for radio.
Speaker 16: How do you think life would have been different in nineteen seventy seven or nineteen eighty one if there was in.
Speaker 1: It would have really been different because I noticed two nights ago they had this segment now Dodger Stadium where they put up on the board something that they taped in spring training with the players, can you identify this? And they come up with things from the seventies or even from the eight and the other night, I was laughing as hard as I could in between the endings because I could not believe how many players that they asked and the videos up on the board they could not identify an answering machine.
Speaker 16: I was thinking the same that was from the nineties, and I was thinking to myself, Man, they are really young or I'm really old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And Lukie said, oh, yeah, I remember my you know, my mom and dad when we come into the house late at night, they'd go check this thing and you could hear messages. And he didn't realize it was an answering machine.
Speaker 16: How about the guys all referred to an old school answering machine as a way to get your voicemail?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, that was also of course. Then how many I saw something the other day or heard something I should say. I forget the number, darn it, but it was how many active phone booths are in La County And it was like one hundred. That was it, you know, I was actually surprised it was that high.
Speaker 16: The place that has the most phone booths is right down the street from Dodger Stadium, Philip's home of the Famas French.
Speaker 1: Dip and a lot of Dodger fans are there before some deering, and a lot after the games too.
Speaker 4: I never asked you this.
Speaker 16: Speaking of pregame routine, what was Rick Monday's pregame routine when you played? Would you go to any local spot in la I know you lived a little bit further out.
Speaker 4: No pregame, no, no postgame.
Speaker 1: You would have a routine postgame? Yeah, yeah, it was called freeway for the freeway and depending on where it was, because at the time I lived in Orange County, so yeah, it was a get back, a little bit of a drive.
Speaker 4: Don't you tell me?
Speaker 10: Jerry Royce and you were a carpool.
Speaker 1: Yes, we were. There was a great story. By the way, if we have time, we're playing in the playoffs against the Houston Astros, and Enis Cabell, third baseman for the Houston Astros, lived in that area as well, and he knew that Jerry and I carpooled, and Jerry used to be with the Astros in my particular time, so he called Jerry up and said, hey, look, can I get a ride in? Now? This is during the postseason, right, and he had just lost each of the first two games in Houston. We lost him on walk off base hits. Now we come back into town. We've got Cabell. We pick him up, and I mean he's free and easy in the back seat. I mean he is stretched out, he's loving life and gabbing and laughing and all kinds of things. We win that game. The next day, he calls Jerry and says, hey, can I get a ride? What time you're going to pick me up? Well he was a little bit quieter, much much quieter that day. We win that game. He didn't call the third day. He said, no, my wife will take me into the ballpark.
Speaker 16: That's great, that's great. I'm surprised you gave him a ride. I thought maybe you drop him off somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's no. No, we were a competitive good guy, inus Cabell, didn't.
Speaker 16: He finish his career with the Dodgers in nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: See, now you're going back into the memory.
Speaker 4: Back there we go.
Speaker 16: Rick.
Speaker 10: Yeah, life's not just about the nineties and twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: When you get home tonight, check your answering machine. Will you well do?
Speaker 16: Thanks for the time, we'll see we'll see you a little bit later with Steve Van Nelson on the call with Rick Monday. Today the finale of this three game series. We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 8: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, guys, you have those answering machines.
Speaker 5: Interesting little catch as we got there. So that's today's Dodgers game plan. What's your game plan?
Speaker 8: How about starting your future at California Community College financial aid to be able to help you in tuition, books and sometimes even the red You can take a history class. Learn about an answer machine. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill them quickly, So en roll today at I can go.
Speaker 5: To college dot com.
Speaker 8: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this mint pitching matchup. But up next to go high and tight with former Dodger reliever now with Pittsburgh Caleb Ferguson.
Speaker 5: So leading me up to first pitch on one ten.
Speaker 8: I'm Tim Kase's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: It's a Dodgers and the Pirates. Tyler class now and Failing Faltered. The pitching matchup to both starters from Southern California. Both starters had to leave their last starts early because of some injuries, but both back out there today to make the start. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by zen She Handcrafted Sushi. Enjoy the game with a quick, affordable meal that the whole family can enjoy. Two in a rolls, salmon rolls, Timpura, shrimproles. You got the mango crunchy dragon roll, they got the poke bulls, they got it all at Zench Sushi made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion, or tradition. You can taste find zen She near the deli counter at Ralph's Zench handcrafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 2: And now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 2: This is high and tight.
Speaker 16: I'm drawing right now by one of my favorite Dodgers. He was drafted and developed by the Dodgers. He was part of the Dodgers twenty twenty World Series team. The furg Train now resides in Pittsburgh and that is the one and only Caleb Ferguson. You're all grown up now, fergus thanks a lot for taking the time out for the little people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely great to be back in California. I drugged the cold weather with me from Pittsburgh. But it's always going to be back at out the stadium.
Speaker 16: I mean, I've seen you grow from just a kid that came out of high school to where you're at now, a world champion, a veteran of this bullpen. How does your outlook on your career look now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm I'm very, very, very blessed to be able to play five seasons and the spot that I got to play five seasons at in LA And you know, I think, I think kind of when you're in the moment, you can take it for granted a little bit and not really realize how lucky you are, and then when you get out and see the outside part of all of it, you know you're you're blessed to play on a team like that and get a chance like that, and you know, it's it's definitely a place where you can kind of learn a lot about yourself as a player, and you know, they give you the chance to kind of grow and develop. And you know, I'm pretty blessed been able to do it here.
Speaker 16: From being a guy that was learning how to be a professional to a guy now with the Pirates that's a leader in that bullpen who helped you take that big step when you're with the Dodgers. U.
Speaker 3: Daniel Hudson was kind of my guy that I leaned on a lot in twenty eighteen when I first got up here, especially because I went from starting to relieving in the big leagues and I had never pitched out of the pen, so I didn't really have anybody or anything to go off of, and Huddy was kind of the guy that similar stories and you know, so I just kind of leaned on Hoddy with everything, and you know, asked him, you know what I felt like I needed to ask, and kind of everything else was just kind of trying to just figure it out as I went.
Speaker 16: Why is it so important for Daniel Hudson to have that type of effect on you? Not to show you a pitch grip, but just to get your head where it needs to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I mean, you know, you hear the saying all the time of how mental this game is. So when you have a guy that can kind of help you get out of your own way just by talking, you know, is extremely beneficial in this game, especially when you play every single day and it's very easy to let your mind consume, you know everything.
Speaker 16: When you came up with the Dodgers, Walker Bueller was coming up as well. So I'm curious when you were watching the World Series last year and you see Walker Bueller have.
Speaker 10: That moment, where were you and what were your feelings.
Speaker 4: Watching two teams that you played for go at it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I never I would never want to give Walker too much credit, but no, I mean, definitely a lot of respect. You know, that's starting games like that and coming out of the pen getting the three hardest outs of the game, and you know, it's very impressive, and you know, it's definitely a weird I would say there was a lot of emotions involved. You know, I was happy for both both teams in New York, LA whatever all my you know, my boys or whatever. Happy for all those guys but definitely kind of a crazy thing to see, you know, those two teams going at it and then just like none a lot of the guys that were on the field and that kind of stuff. But yeah, a lot of credit to Walker for taking the ball there. I know it's you know, it's not easy to do on short rest, so you know, the ones that are in it every day they know how hard that is to do.
Speaker 1: So a lot of credit there.
Speaker 16: I'm sure you weren't surprised by his pose after he struck out Alex Verdugo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you know, Bueller, I mean, that's you know, I can't really say here what he probably would have said to it to everybody, but I think people probably know what would have came out.
Speaker 7: Of his mouth that there would have been a mic.
Speaker 5: So not surprised at all by that reaction.
Speaker 16: Caleb Ferguson is our guest, all right, Caleb, So, first time on this side of the Dodgers dugout, Dodger Stadium dugout. How would you rate the Dodgers visiting clubhouse staff compared to the Great Alex.
Speaker 3: Taurus amenities are great? Staff not as great.
Speaker 16: There's a kid by the name of Joseph. We all call him Wheezy. So he's been your guy since what minor league camp?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've known Unfortunately, I've known the head guy over here and Wheezy for I don't know too long now, probably ten plus years, so it's kind of unfortunate.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 16: Hey, when I'm even in that new renovated Dodger Clubhouse, I still look at that same corner where you and Kenley Jansen used to be locker mate. So I just want you to know that I still have no matter who's sitting there, that's Kenley's spot, that's Caleb Ferguson's spot.
Speaker 3: Not many guys left on the ferg Train, but I guess Bass one of them.
Speaker 4: No doubt. And I got Brad Paisley on it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go. That's right. That's right.
Speaker 10: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 16: Always great to catch up with you and really proud of where your career has gone.
Speaker 1: Now, yep, thanks for having me there.
Speaker 16: He is Caleb Ferguson, great guy, the furg Train going strong in the Steel City. Caleb Ferguson will receive a pair of Canaan sunglasses. Canaan World's best polarized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, and stronger than other lenses and are nearly impossible to scratch. Visit Canaan dot Com for your pair, Tim, we'll send it back to you.
Speaker 8: Great to hear Calen ferguson doing well with Buckos. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. No better time to pick up some pizza, chicken and mojos, because when it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com Lean. You have to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and Pirates up. Next, we'll dive deeper and it is so col pitching matchup. I'm Tim Kats's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deap on your home for the blue all.
Speaker 5: Season long Dodgers and Pirates.
Speaker 8: Final game of this three game cent first pitch coming up in one ten.
Speaker 2: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 8: Where is it about your Southern California Toyota dealers? Work hard play hard in a news Tacomo with an I Force turbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the bull See your Toyota dealer today.
Speaker 5: They make it easy.
Speaker 8: Baylor Falter on the Mound, twenty eight year old left hander out of Chino Hills a fifth round pick of the Phillies in twenty fifteen, in his fifth season down in the Big League's third with the Pirates, making his sixth this season. Last time out, he left the game early against the Angels after four innings because of back tightness. This will be his fourth career appearance, third start against the Dodgers. He allowed four runs into four innings. Last start against the Dodgers at Dodgers Stadium last October eleventh. Another SoCal guy, Tyler glassnow in the Mountain, also a former Pirate wan An oh three seventy one ERA thirty one year old right hender at a Herd High school. Ten season out in the Big Leagues. He was a fifth round pick of the Pirates back in twenty eleven. Made his debut in twenty sixteen until he was traded in twenty eighteen to the Tampa Bay Rays, making his fifth start of the season.
Speaker 5: Like Bailey, Falter.
Speaker 8: Tyler Glassnow last time out four shutout innings, but also had to leave the game with cramps and his legs in Texas. So both glass Now and Bailey Falter are looking to get back on track after leaving the starts early. They're going at it today. Dodgers and Pirates were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kasey's the World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: Dodgers and Fire. It's Tyler glass Now Bailey Falter the pitching Matchhuff. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have a game plan that is right to protect their house. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, before setting up a campfire, make sure to get a permitted from CalFire and check local restrictions. Know how to properly set up a campfire and extinguish it using the drownster and feel method. Always have a water supply nearby and shovel nearby to extinguish your campfire. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot c A dot gov. All right, let's that back out to the booth Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Toc back here with Rick Monday. Let's go over some of the keys to the game today. And really let's start with a key for Tyler glassnow, and that's to stay hydrated, and that is to stay loose and avoid the cramps that knocked him out of his last dart in Texas. That was on the heels of four shutout innings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and lifted Sunday four innings and then he made one pinch in the fifth inning he had to leave because of lake cramps. But for Glassdow the big thing is, and we talked about earlier, the bullpens had to cover twenty two innings over the last five games. Tyler glassnow to stretch things out. This is his fifth start. He has pensed just seventeen innings so far. And on the flip side of the coin. Quite frankly, pirates are thinking the same thing because Bailey Falter, the left hander, had to leave his start on Tuesday in the fourth inning as well. Because of back tightness and how closely will they be watching him today.
Speaker 11: For Tyler Glass, now this is also a meaningful start. I don't think this is from the outside of perpectative. I don't think Tyler is thicking this way. But he's making a start against the team that drafted him, his former club. And you know, last year he was able to make the return to Pancy Park and Pittsburgh for the first time since he was traded, you know, all the way back into twenty eighteen season, and he's done well against his old club the first two times he's faced.
Speaker 1: I think the biggest thing is when he is healthy, he is absolutely unhittable, just about unhittable already this year by right handers who are hitting point thirty six. Lefties have managed the better job. They've hit two seventy three against him. But the other part too is for Glass now, the strike rate of just fifty seven percent, now we're talking about you know, he's getting behind in some counts. He gets ahead, he can be devastating and hopefully a higher strike rate today.
Speaker 11: On the other side, Bailey Falter, a Chino Hills native, a half hour and change away from Dodgers, Stadium. The Dodgers have seen him before and hit him hard before in his career three appearances against the Dodgers. Is the era seven point three six glass now Falter Dodgers Pirates Rubber Game of the three Game seven and we can't wait to get a going Tim back to you.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be a good one. First pitch, his next. Enjoy everybody. I'm Tim Kates. It's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Nwork