Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis, and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. No better day to do that than Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's Day. A little change in the weather coming, Glad you're here. Three all three someone three A two five five the number text d an five seven seven three nine. Obviously Friday, Well, every day's open lines now right. It's just it's amazing how the world has changed that way, that part of it, you know, social media, twenty four to seven news cycle, et cetera. But you've got so much going on all the time. I think it's impossible to do old style talk radio where you pick one topic and you stay with it for an hour, et cetera. It's just a whirlwind and we enjoy that. So glad you're here for at d an five seven seven three nine. Some things on my mind to throw out there, and then anything else you want to talk about. Interesting. Associated press looks like they may be barred from the White House press room. We'll get into the details of that, but I understand the story. It goes back a little bit to AP refusing to call the Golf of America the Gulf of America. Correct, and it is the Golf of Even Google now calls it the Gulf of America. Right, everybody's doing it, yeah, even us, Yes, and so AP refusing to And I think the premise of the Trump administration is that, well, okay, if you're peddling disinformation, you know, you can't be in the press room. So we'll follow that story. And it really is. It's stunny to me, Ryan, because when I think of AP, I think of the days where AP was the credible source, right. I mean there might have been what twenty thirty years ago, maybe more, you know, there might have been a few different media outlets which were generally viewed as credible, not everybody, but generally accepted, and AP was one of those and then just became political hackery over the years. And that's sad because America could really use a good, honest, balanced AP. But it has become what it has become. So Trump administration fighting back on that. Have you picked up kind of on Gulf of America using that kind of commonly everyday life now and I like it. I mean it took some getting used to, but the more I say it, the more I like it. You know, It's funny because for me it didn't take any getting used to it all. It's just kind of natural. It makes sense, right because hey, look at the shoreline and it just makes sense. And obviously the greatest nation in the history of the world, it makes sense that it'd be. And that's no knock on Mexico. But wesed, you know, we've got more coastline eight five five A two five five the number or our new version three h three someone three A two five five the number, new and better version. So Valentine's Day, I hope to get some calls and texts just on the best affordable place to go to Valentine's Day dinner. And it's remarkable because we were going to be up at the Caen today. I was going to go out there. Too much snow. Oh you'll be shocked. Here, my car's in the shop and the loaner did not have snow tires. Uh oh and so and then it apparently there's a bunch of snow. Check wherever you're going up there because it may be different different places. You know, we're about twenty minutes west of Vail in that area, about twenty minutes west of Vale, and apparently the road's really tough up there today. So yeah, safety first, right, and part of it is my real job, where you just see man people's lives changing a heartbeat with a crash, and so we just tend to err on the safe side there. So we'll go up tomorrow morning, hopefully. But good to be with you here today. But I'm surprised we're able to score a last minute reservation at my neighbor Felix. Have you been there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: And that's so she has Oh yeah, yeah, well you like it, right, I mean you're still with us, right, Okay, yeah, but I put that into the really nice but still affordable category, certainly not inexpensive. Neighbor Felix. That's a funny name. Yeah, And if you happen to have a neighbor named Felix, don't go there. This is like a commercial establishment, hey, Felix, unless he invites you, And if he doesn't, then we'll read about it in the Denver Post, I think. But but yeah, no, it's it's a great Mexican place. And so I'm just surprised that at the last minute, because we realized about noon, you know, wouldn't be able to I had to get there through the snow, that we were able to get a reservation.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So, but some of these places they've just flat become unaffordable. Right, well, yeah, I got good news and bad news.
Speaker 4: So Kelsey, who everybody met on Wednesday, you're still engaged my intended Yes, I like that word. The good news is we got a reservation at Del Frisco's. They're off Orchard. The bad news is is at nine.
Speaker 1: Oh well, the bad news is that you're gonna need a mask and a gun. Yeah, right, I mean, and listen, I love that place, great people, great stuff. But I'm just oh, I'm serious, it's crazy, right, that's crazy. Yeah, And this is Dan.
Speaker 4: Kappls talking, which you know, you're lucky enough to do very well, but you're not gonna go waste in your money at a place.
Speaker 1: Well and part of it. And honestly, I mean, the food's so good. You take any of those places, right, like any of any of those big steakhouses, they do it great. The food's so good, the people are great, all of that, so I never feel like it's a waste of money. What I honestly, what I struggle with is how do you justify right? And and you know, yeah, so that's what I struggle with because when we sat down the other day, you know, Dick Wattums and I went over to grab a couple of burgers and he was out a town visiting your mom. And you look at the menu and like, typical. Still, that's a nice tune. You can dance to it, American bandstand. Anybody remember American dancing. But anyway, yeah, so you and like a typical steak over ninety bucks, Now, I mean, that's just yeah. So I think it just a lot of that just has flat become unaffordable. And even if yeah, I mean I could, I could pay for it, but it just when you stop and think about it just doesn't feel right. Special occasion you bet. I'm not saying I'll ever go to most places special occasion business stuff, yeah, I'll be there. So, but we're talking about my neighbor Felix. Though I gotta get well, my neighbor Felix is really nice. It's not cheap, but it's not in that kind of range. So what what would be a typical dan Kaplis order? In my mind, there's no typical There isn't every time order. Yeah. Yeah, they're amazing, some of the best beef I've ever had. Nice, But there's the thing. Okay, so it's still real expensive, like real expensive, but it's a it's some of the best beef I've ever had, and B it's going to be about forty eight bucks instead of ninety eight bucks for the beef. Yep, so still real expensive, but you know, it's kind of like obscenity, you know what when you see it? Yeah, and this is not obscene.
Speaker 4: Don't you enjoy it more when you know, like you know, I'm not paying an arm mental league, but it's delicious and I'm getting a good deal, you know, rather than you know, the Tomahawk steaks that I owe you.
Speaker 1: Oh my lord? Yeah, because I checked. I was thinking to you. And in the town hard I think is uptown in seventy five hundred and eighty bucks, that's about ballpark. So anyway, we'd love to hear from you on the best affordable places for Valentine. Mean, it doesn't have to be McDonald you know what I mean? But just common sense kind of stuff. So we'll talk about that. We'll follow up on some of the latest and some of the big news stories of the week. And I do want to find follow up. I had promise this for today. How you know, we've been talking about it at Dan Capitlis on Twitter. I posted it because people couldn't believe it, and yeah, you can see it in black and white. They've been a nickel luper pushing a bill that would protect illegal immigrants when they're at a polling place, right, they're not supposed to vote. But under the Bennet Hickenlooper bill, then yeah, I could not detain any legal immigrant in a polling place. During today's show, I'll tell you all the other places Bennett and hick and Loopers say ICE cannot detain illegal immigrants. And when you hear that list, and I'll try to get into that in the next segment, you're going to wonder, well, where can they? But the polling place thing tells you everything, right, And if you want to see that bill at Dan Caplis on Twitter, and if you don't mind following me when you're there, you know how it's funny some people call it fung shui. I don't necessarily believe in that, but I'm like eight followers short of five thousand, and it just you want that round number, you know what I mean. It's just something a little off when you're just short of that round number. So please do like me while you're there. You don't have to like me any other time, but like me when you get to at dan Caplis on X and then at some point I want to ask you, guys Ryan and Alexa and anybody else, who has a thought on this one of the great mysteries of the universe. And I'm not a picky kind of guy at all, but what is it with the plate stabbing? That's what I don't get. And I've never seen it accept at breakfast, but so often at breakfast, like every day on the way to work, I'll stop for breakfast. Yeah, if you you haven't noticed it, the people who will just like stab the plate over and over again, like tune them out. It's dead. It's you don't have to kill it, you know what I mean. Somebody listening knows what I'm talking about. What I'm wondering. Is is it regional? Is it geographic? Is it is there a place where people grow up in America where where a certain large group of people just keep stabbing the plate. Maybe it's just me. I don't do that, by the way. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast j D getting after it in Germany.
Speaker 5: And expressing opinions? Is it election interference? Even when people express views outside your own country, and even when those people are very influential and trust me, I say this with all humor. If American democracy can survive ten years of Thunberg scolding you guys can survive a few months of Elon Musk, where's the laugh with German democracy? What no democracy, American, German or European will survive is telling millions of voters that their thoughts and concerns, their aspirations they're pleased for relief, are invalid or unworthy of even being considered.
Speaker 1: Boy, I'm glad he went after that. I mean, we haven't talked about it much on the show, but this bizarre, weird growing censorship in democracies in Europe and really freaking.
Speaker 4: Cars are driving into people totally unoccupied totally with no driver whatsoever. And did you just ask Germans to have a sense of humor, because that in itself is a punchline.
Speaker 1: There was a Mike.
Speaker 4: Myers sketch on SNL for years that was hilarious, culled sprockets.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, remember that. Oh, now's the time on Sprockets when we dance. Yeah, yeah it. Let's go to the phone lines three or three seven, one, three, eight, two five five, start with Joe in Colorado. Springs are on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Ahi, Dan, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Sure thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was just calling on this Gulf of America beating and the way people are taking to the name of it. It's not like he named it the United States Goal. He named it the Gulf of America, which is our continent. It's Mexico doesn't get a right to it any more than anybody else. So I think it's a good compromise when you call it America versus the US goal. And it's the only golf in our continent, so why not?
Speaker 1: Hey, good thinking man, Hey do appreciate that. And the other thing is, listen, we are the greatest nation in the history of the world right, and so not perfect obviously, but one of the things that makes us great is we've got a pretty good track record of fixing our stuff. And sometimes it takes way too long, but we've always been able to get there. And so as the greatest nation in the history of the world, it shouldn't be viewed as an insult to Mexico or anything else. But when you get this huge body of water and the most of the shoreline is ours, that it be called Gulf of America. So I love it personally, Suzanne here on the Dan Kaplis Show, welcome.
Speaker 3: Yes on the Golf of America.
Speaker 6: Yes. Remember one bet.
Speaker 3: When Biden said there'd be no drilling in the Golf of Mexico. Hmmm, he said that, okay with all the other places. Yeah, and Trump kind of took care of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good points, and thanks for the call three or threes that went three eight two five five takes d a n five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Trump coming out and calling Vance brilliant today as as he was. I mean, it's strong leadership. Strong leadership. Vance brought it to Germany. Here's some more.
Speaker 5: And unfortunately, when I look at Europe today, it's sometimes not so clear what happened to some of the Cold Wars winners. I looked to Brussels, where EU commissars warned citizens that they intend to shut down social media during times of civil unrest the moment they spot what they've judged to be quote, hateful content. Or to this very country where police have carried out raids against citizens suspected of posting anti feminist comments online as part of quote combating misogyny on the Internet a day of action.
Speaker 1: I looked to Sweden. We're two weeks.
Speaker 5: Ago the government convicted a Christian activist for participating in Kuran burnings that resulted in his friend's murder, and as the judge in his case chillingly noted, Sweden's laws to supposedly protect free expression do not in fact grant and I'm quoting a free pass to do or say anything without risking affair the group that holds that belief.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, I am so glad he's speaking out on it, because again, you know, I think we've been a bit oblivious to that here. It just hasn't been high on our radar. But I'd love your thoughts on how garbage like that even starts and how it starts in free nations. And now, obviously a reason Trump got a second term is that there's been a major censorship effort here. You see it in Colorado. You see it in Colorado all the time from the left, the effort to intimidate politics of personal destruction, etc. People out of speaking the truth. And you're gonna get canceled, you're gonna get labeled, you're gonna get this that. And that's because the left, including you know, their media arm the left doesn't have good answers. They can't win an honest debate, so they have to censor you. Vinton, the first Vinton ever called the show in Parker. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Hey, Dan, I wanted to comment on your restaurant thing. Yes, sir, my neighborhood Felix. If you haven't had that, their award winning tacos there, Oh my goodness, you've got to try those those things are unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite, Well.
Speaker 7: It's it's I can't remember what they're called, but it's the very first listen say, their award winning and stuff, but the flavor in those things are probably the best tacos I've ever heard.
Speaker 4: Appreciate the heads up. We're going there tonight BARBARICOA. Have Amy get those, then you can try.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say to Vinton that that Amy will get the tacos. She gets the tacos everywhere there you go. Yeah, yeah, yeah for me. You know, I I'm a fajita guy. We go to the Mexican place, I get just the smell of it coming out. I'm the sizzling grill. You know, it's heaven. But I'm just telling you that is some of the top three beef I've ever had in my life there at that particular restaurant. Well, any any mine, my cousin Felix or neighbor I can't remember, my neighbor Felix, whatever is my cousin Vinie, my neighbor Felix, Felix, but whatever it is, Yeah, any of the Felixes we go to, because they've got one down in Lohigh as well whatever they call it place. Yeah, yeah, they got it down there too, But it's good wherever it is. Yeah, Okay, we should do a restaurant review show. I think it would go over well. So if you've got any suggestions for really good affordable places for Valentine's Day. Again, we thought we were going to be in the mountains and then snowing up there, so just they told us in the area we were headed to the roads a real bad so we're just staying down here. And yeah, we were able to get a Felix reservation at the last minute, so we'll go to some tech suggestions on that. And also there's some real fun sound of the week we didn't get to because of all of these different breaking news stories each day. And by the way, Ryan, we are following up and let's put our heads together because I want to follow up in every possible way on this bizarre story out of Columbine that we were talking about yesterday, and we played the Sean Boyd story on a administrator got together with the teacher to falsely say that a student was homeless so she could move in with the teacher. And she wasn't homeless, she had a family and she had a home and then she ends up moving away with the teacher as soon as she turns eighteen. I mean, just bizarre stuff. We've we got to get to the bottom of that. That's just one of those where public pressure the right thing has to be done eventually there But it just goes back to this issue. Right, so many heroic teachers, so many great teachers, so many people in public schools, but we have a blank and epidemic of sex assault on kids in the public school system. And so why doesn't it get more attention? Well because her allies of the Democratic Party. That's wrong. You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast and Anderson Cooper's head exploding email money for migrants that's okay. Now no, I'm not saying it's so. I'm not saying it's okay. So would you stop?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 1: Would stop that process? Don't be the portray on. What I'm saying is the trail by him is just not factually accurate. You bleep that? Do we have to bleep that? No, because it's the guy's name. But it's funnier when I bleep it though it is, and I think everybody got the idea. But but again, this just goes to this beautiful moment wherein where the left is gettings and some coupreson normally so cool and calm and everything else. Right, the whole charade not like him personally, but just the whole charade. He's hardcore lefty and and now he's losing his mind. I mean, can you ever have imagined that? And some guy making a very valid point it don't be up Richard Mike in Eerie A Ka Eerie, Mike, welcome back to the Dan Kaplis Show. Where you been.
Speaker 3: No traveling working?
Speaker 1: You know? Nothing wrong with that?
Speaker 3: So yeah, he I thought about you today. I was reading I wonder how Dan feels about that? Yes, yes, I wonder how Dan feels about this.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I read an article about called Francis criticizing doesn't Trump's immigration. That's some pretty tough things to say about it. I know you're a practicing Norman Catholic. I was curious, is how how have you squared those things? You know, the Pope giving direction? Actually, I exhort all the faithful of the Catholic Church, et cetera, cetera.
Speaker 1: And do you want to finish that quote, Mike, because you're you're fairly famous in most circles for kind of half fabricating quotes. You want to finish the rest of that quote?
Speaker 3: I'm happy to this is on Reutter's all the faithful, the Catholic Church not to get into the narratives that discriminate against him, called unnecessarily suffering to our migrant and refugee Brooks and sisters, unquote said the pompous Well, that's a quote, Danton.
Speaker 1: You're leader.
Speaker 3: Thank you now.
Speaker 1: Now you've read this so carefully.
Speaker 3: I don't make things up.
Speaker 1: Did you read other parts as well? Have you read other parts where the Pope and the bishops of Colorado and other bishops around the country, you know, and Pope Benedict, et cetera, I have talked about that the right of a population to have borders and control immigration and to control crime, et cetera. I'm sure you read all that.
Speaker 3: Too, right, I'm reading this quote, oh.
Speaker 1: Terry picking the Pope. I'll tell you, my friend, are you Catholic?
Speaker 3: Well, Dan, he's infallible or are you Catholic?
Speaker 1: You're obviously not Catholic. If you don't, well listen, and I don't mean to be that way because the doctrine of infallibility is limited. But that aside for a second, my friend. Yeah, so you have had all of these Catholic leaders, including the Pope, acknowledge that the right of nations to control their borders, the right of nations to protect themselves, et cetera. So when the Pope talks about you know, at the same time, you know, we need to recognize. Oh I see, so you don't I see you don't want a counter argument? Is that right? Eerie?
Speaker 3: Well no, you quote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm giving you. I'm giving you many many examps. And what's the what's Michael have? Are you imbibing for Valentine's Day? Is this an impaired call? Because yeah, it's not illegal. I'm just wondering because you're acting very oddly. You're acting very oddly, Mike.
Speaker 3: Here's the point, Dodge you accuse others of being imbibing.
Speaker 1: Really okay, Michael, Well, here's how I'm going to defend my point. Michael, Okay, okay, I'm going to put Michael on hold because this is what he does. Each time he's being defeated. He interrupts constantly, so you can't make the points that defeat him. Here's the point, and then don't bring him back up. If he can rebut this in any way, he's welcome to. But here's the point. Whether you're talking about the bishops of Colorado, you're talking about the Pope, predecessor, Pope, bishops around the country. They all make this point that, yes, okay, you have folks here illegally, but they are children of God. They have basic human dignity and need to be treated as such. Absolutely true. But at the same time, you have all of the same people I've just mentioned, all of these important, powerful people in the Catholic Church over and over again making the point that countries have a right to their borders, Countries have a right to protect themselves from crime, countries have a right to control who comes in and out of the country. The point that you'll often hear from Catholic bishops, popes, etc. Is that we need to have an immigration policy that is as humane as we can make it while still preserving our borders, preserving society, etc. So Mike Cherry picks a quote, and that quote, by the way, didn't really get him fired. And so now that Mike can't rebut anything I just said, he falls back on this illogical Well, you give me a quote, Dan, You give me a quote, Dan, which I'm certainly happy to do. I've done it on the show many times before. Can I give them a verbatim quote off the top of my head right now in this segment. Sure if you give me two minutes to get into my phone and find the different things the bishops have written, and then I can give it to you when we come back on the other side. But the core point is no, no, that I believe in the Catholic teaching that we have to view everyone, We have to view everyone and treat everyone as Christwood, and we have to be as humane as we can possibly be. But we are entitled to our borders. We're entitled to decide who comes into the country. And I believe in that Catholic teaching. Do you have some disagreement with that teaching?
Speaker 3: Mike Man, you're the Roman Catholic, not me. I'm asking you, how do you square the Pope, the infallible Pope, the leader of the Catholic Church, with your belief support of Trump? That's all I'm asking.
Speaker 1: Oh that's my brother. Are you kidding me? Ask me a tough question? Come on now, no, low hanging fruit. Today, that's the easiest thing I'll ever do in my life, my brother. Listen, Well, sure, where do you want me to start? How about here? Let's start with the core as the Pope over and over against states the core foundational principle, which is life comes first, respect for life, protection of life. Donald Trump is infinitely, like a million times better for protecting innocent human life, which is a core teaching of the Catholic Church than any of his Democrat opponents. So the easiest thing I could possibly do is support Donald Trump over Joe Biden so that there is no issue there when it comes to immigration. Listen, I think, honestly, I think the Pope has not received full information, perhaps from his staff and people around him. Oh Dad, bring him in. Who are you talking to? We want to meet the rest of the eerie family. Okay, no, we'd like to someday. So yeah, I think that in some of these comments, when you get to some of the factual stuff, I think maybe the Pope isn't getting the full information from his staff. But in terms of how does a Catholic support Donald Trump? You know, that's that's the easiest thing I'll do all day.
Speaker 3: That's not the question. You are great, it deflected. You are really really skilled. You're really skilled at it.
Speaker 1: Well, and you're you're skilled at making stuff up except nobody buys it. Mike, there wasn't an ounce of deflection in there, So what else is it you'd like to know?
Speaker 3: You just don't answer my uly. It's okay, Dan's I understand. When you're a Roman Catholic and you have an infallible pope and then you're supporting President Trump, they are diametrically opposed on this particular issue and you can't defend it, and that's okay. Just I can't descend it.
Speaker 1: Just do it, Michael May, I ask your age. I'm no seriously, because you call this show and we get some of the most immature, dishonest, disjointed stuff I've ever heard in my life. Yet I like you and I wish you well. And what's Donald Trump's famous line there? Ryan to the Afghan reporter, I don't understand a word you say, but living peace? What did he say? Living piece, living piece? Right? Living piece? Oh my goodness, classic Trump? Yeah, yeah, you know, classic Trump. So eerie, mic always very impaired. I was hoping for a more I was hoping for a more coherent discussion of a very fair and legitimate topic. The Pope has been critical of President Trump on immigration, and that's a fair and legitimate topic for conversation.
Speaker 4: As a Protestant who can stop going to get there with Erie, as a neutral Protestant who can step in here, because I think, if I've got to guess Eerie, Mike's an.
Speaker 1: Atheist, I wouldn't guess that.
Speaker 4: I would, and I would challenge him to call you probably say No, Ryan's right, the Pope is not infaillible. I don't know where he's getting that. He said that several times. And I wanted to make clear that no human is infailable from the Pope on doubt, correct, priest, et cetera, Nuns.
Speaker 1: There's a doctrine of infallibility for certain very limited pronouncements of the Pope. This was not one of those. This wasn't claimed to be one of those, right, yeah, yeah, So no, And I don't fault I don't fault Mike for not knowing the doctrine of infallibility. And listen, the core question is the core question is a good one and a fun one to talk about. But come on, when it comes to how is a Catholic? Can you be comfortable supporting Trump? That's one of the real ironies, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: I remember this guy of mine, I remember this mentor of mine, a Jewish man, wonderful, wonderful man, I wrote Roth Gerber, and I remember telling him one day, and he was Jewish and I'm Catholic, and I remember tone the one day. You know, you're one of the most Catholic people I know because of the way he treated people so well, and and he so lived. And he was Jewish sheep, but he so lived the teachings of Christ. And listen. To be Catholic, right, you have to sincerely to your core believe in and to be Christian, to believe in Christ's divinity, to be Catholic, to believe that the Holy eu Christ is in fact the body and blood of Christ. But in terms of the way he treated people, Ira was just treated people in such a very Christian way. But let's come back. I'm happy to talk about the legitimate underlying issue of the Pope's criticism of Trump. Too bad, we couldn't do that with Mike. You're on the Dan Kapla Show. And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I got house worse for the Pope, the Catholic church. I'm saying this is a lifelong Catholic. I was baptized guy I was first communing to this cafe A confirmation is Catholic, A fis Catholic Church, and constrict on his work and lead border enforcement us. He wants to attack us from securing our border. He's got a wall around the Vatican, does he not? So he's got a wall around protect his people and himself. Well, we can't have a wrong line in the United States. So I wish he'd stick to the Catholic Church and fix that and lead borderenforcement with us.
Speaker 1: You know what part of that is a fair point, and part of that is garbage. And you know, Tom Holman, who I respect in a lot of ways, have praised in a lot of ways this knee jerk garbage of oh go fix the Catholic Church. Well, guess what, Tom Hooman, You're doing a lot of great work, and I respect that and I appreciate you for it. But the Pope and the Catholic Church are doing a lot of great work around the world. And so when you use that kind of line that you so often hear anti Catholic bigots use, oh yeah, go fix the Catholic Church, that's beneath you. It's beneath your effort. It's beneath the administration, and it's a cheap shot. You want to make the point that the Vatican, as Waltz, the Vatican doesn't allow a rampant immigration into Vatican City. That's a fair point, fair policy point. But that other snarky, little cheap shot that you hear from all the Catholic caters. No, No, that's that's beneath you. And I praise Tom Homan a lot, but I'm going to call him out when he steps up to the line and engages in and encourages that anti Catholic garbage. The policy difference is fair game and listen. But yeah, and again I'm an outsider. I want to preface this.
Speaker 4: I don't think Pope Francis holds a candle to Pope John Paul the second Well.
Speaker 1: Is Saint John Paul the Great, I mean, one of the greatest figures in human history, right, And so yeah, what bothers me is, again, the administration has such a strong, such strong argument. It's on policy, public protection, et cetera. Every now and then you get one of these, one of these statements that just echoes what you hear from the Catholic haters and it's just beneath the administration.
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't the Vatican put their money where their mouths are dan and bring in the tired the poor the Vatican.
Speaker 1: Well, wait a second, if you're if you're talking, and we'll talk about Vatican City itself, but if you're talking about the Catholic Church, there is no organization on the finale of the earth now or ever that has done more for the tired, the poor of the unwashed, and is doing so right now all over the all over the world, including the Vatican that's funding it and supporting it. But Ryan, that's why I started by saying, hey, fair point in terms of immigration policy, because Vatican City is not going to allow unlimited immigration into Vatican City. That's why I say fair policy points. But don't start throwing out those those lines that you hear from anti Catholic bigots, like just go fix the problems in the Catholic Church. Now you know that the Pope has his right to free speech as well and the personal cheap shots. So it bothers me. Homan made some good policy points, but you know, and then you get back to the Catholic bishops and take the Catholic bishops in Colorado. Okay, the Catholic bishops in Colorado have been very clear that a country has a right to regulate its borders and control immigration, and a country must regulate its borders with justice and mercy. Who would disagree with that? And then you look at the Catholic bishops who who get very very specific quote. Since twenty twenty, the US immigration system has grown more unlawful. The open border immigration policies restrict ICE's ability to investigate, arrest or to port spies, terrorists, and felons. This has resulted in the loss of life and situations of unrest and violence, including in Aurora, Colorado, where sixteen recent migrant members of the Venezuelan gang TDA were taken into custody following an armed home invasion and kidnapping. And it goes on from there. That's from the Catholic bishops. So yeah, let's go to the phone line. So let's talk to Bert in Highland's ranch. You're on the dan Kaplas show welcome.
Speaker 8: Well, you're right, he is infallible when he speaks as cathedral, so only on matters of faith and morals and such. So other than that, he's not infallible, and he as well as many people need to read Aquinas, say, Thomas Aquinas is assuma. He talks about immigration and people that come essentially in a nutshell is they come legally and they want to be part of the side of society they're going into.
Speaker 1: Well, and again, I think the Pope's staff probably has not given him full information when you look at some of the factual predicates for for some of what the Pope perceives is happening in the United States, where as a matter of fact, the Trump administration is targeting people here illegally who have committed other crimes. The Catholic bishops in Colorado don't agree with that, disagree with that. I have to believe that every Catholic bishop in America probably agrees with that, with targeting criminals and getting them off the streets. So yeah, yeah, And I'm proud of the way that the Catholic bishops in Colorado have spoken out on this, and I'll try to get their peace posted as well. I think it's so beautifully done. You're on the Dan Kapitala show.