Speaker 1: What a great first hour, and we got two more to go live from Dodgers Stadium at Dodger Fest right here on your home for the world champion Dodgers A five to seventy LA Sports thanks to Dave Roberts, Blake Snell, Evan Phillips, Tanner, Scott, Michael CONFORDO. Thank you to all of them for stoping by. And there he is, number seventy two. Back to the roots, Miguel Roth looking great, looking great, looks like a first year the way he's the shape that he's in, he's in. Whoever Yoshi Yamamoto, my good friend, is he gonna come by right? Oh? There he is?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Who else? Who else? You bring it?
Speaker 3: Hero?
Speaker 1: All right, man, this We have a wall right around the corner from our broadcast site, so it's always a surprise who comes by. So very happy to see two great people in Yoshi Yamamoto and Hero his trust the advisor, right, trust the Advisor, Life coach interpreter. Yeah, they're putting their headset on right now. But uh uh, Yoshi Yamamoto, Teoscar Hernandez, Chris Taylor, Andrew Friedman are gonna stop by this hour and coming up next hour one and only show. Hey, Otani Yamamoto, how do I look? Do I look? Did I gain weight? Did I eat too much during the holidays? How do you think I look? Do I need to get in shape for spring training?
Speaker 4: You bigger?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get in better shape, better shape, and I learned more Japanese. Sounds like yes to everything, lose weight and learn Japanese. Yes, I gotta look good in Tokyo. You know, I don't want to make you look bad when I go to Tokyo. Panned this year with.
Speaker 2: The game book.
Speaker 1: World champion Yoshi Yama. Moto is joining us with Hero.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: We heard so much about the Dinners that you had with Roki Sazaki. How excited are you that he signed with the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Hem just ok Ext's I'm very happy to be in the same team and they play together with him. I'm very happy about it.
Speaker 1: Are you the reason why he signed?
Speaker 3: I hope so.
Speaker 1: It was Yamamoto, Nobu and show hel Tani Right, those were the three reasons that Sazaki signed with the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: And does.
Speaker 1: Novas Okay, Yoshi, here's a real question for you. We're going to Tokyo, Japan. Do you have any tips or recommendations for me being in Japan.
Speaker 5: With you, you mean, like a restaurant or yeah, or how to act.
Speaker 1: Before you answer. I don't speak Japanese, but it sounded like he's very suspicious of me. Kick all right here? What were his recommendations and tips for me?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: I believe, you know, because that any kinds of restaurant in Tokyo, it's great.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to eat a lot and then enjoy and then indulge yourself and then you know, get.
Speaker 1: On the treadmill. Then after workout.
Speaker 4: That's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just enjoy over there.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I like to enjoy. I like to enjoy a lot, and you come back here then you work out. Okay, sounds good, Thank you Oshi. Before I let you go, one question can you baseball question? Can you compare winning the World Series to winning the World Baseball Classic? The feeling of winning at all.
Speaker 2: Just got so No w b.
Speaker 4: So is the mom.
Speaker 6: Ma?
Speaker 4: So no, what are the champion? I know what the champion? Champion?
Speaker 2: I know, but they're both good, you know, because w b C and then Major League you know, it's my position in the team is a little different. And then like what series it's you know, we start in the spring training all together and then we work out, you know, fight through the season together, then win the old series. So there's a little difference, you know, it's a long run and then w b C is my position in the team is a little different in this short term.
Speaker 1: Yoshi, thank you so much for stopping by. I look forward to watching you pitch again this year. You were phenomenal and such a big part of the World Championship for the Dodgers, and everybody that got to know you not only loves the way you pitch, but loves who you are as a person. You're a great person.
Speaker 2: A lot of does she need to cut that champion? Champion? You know, I don't know what else you see? Almos, what do you speak to the Suma?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Arigato, You're the man, Yamamoto. I can't wait to see you in spring training. We're ready, We're ready. There is world champion Yoshi Yamamoto. Thank you for stopping by, and look forward to a great year. Thank you, Hero, thank you very much. All Right, there they go, Yoshi Yamamoto and Hero, thank you for coming by and joining us during Dodger fest and man, there, look at those two guys. Man, the two widest guys I've ever seeing, Kyle Hurt and Gavin Stone right there popping their heads through right there. Man, Hey, why are they hiding by the food? They like food too. I gotta say something about Yamamoto while he's here. Maybe Hero will say this. After the first start against the Padres, he only allowed three runs in fifteen and two thirds innings. He made the Yankees well, he was the Yankees daddy. Going back to June and in the World Series, this guy owned the Yankees. He was doing it in June and he did it in October. This guy's a true Samurai warrior, no doubt about it. You can never doubt his heart. Great heart is Tony Gonsolin. Way to come in here, like doesn't need like a grand introduction. I mean we have double doors open. You could just come in here, Gonsolin, Relax, sit down. Maybe Hero will translate for you. It'll be a wonderful opportunity, Tony. Tony Gonsolyn, who also played a big part for the Dodgers in a different way, a meaningful way to get them ready for the post. Tony, thanks a lot for the time. A note has just been slipped to me. Keep it quick, cat like quickness for this interview right here, No doubt, very much in demand. Great to see you.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: Do you think I handled that well with Yamamoto and Hero?
Speaker 4: I was just trying to listen for the recommendations, to be.
Speaker 1: Honest, I know he gave me nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, go to any restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, thanks a lot. We'll have to search Tokyo, Japan.
Speaker 4: Hopefully yelp work's there.
Speaker 1: Oh I hope so well. I'll get some Rex for us. I'm a foodie. Now sounds good as you could tell. I like that food's good. How are you feeling? I feel good, Ready to go, Feel like a regular off season yep. Feel like Tony Gonsolin again.
Speaker 4: Yep, exactly.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people don't realize that you were starting to feel like Tony Gonsolin leading up to the first round of the postseason, because you did pitch to your teammates to get them ready for the NLDS.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: I had a couple of rehab outings in a and those went pretty well, and then I got the boys ready to rake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in playoffs? Was there any chance that you were going to pitch last year in the postseason if things went sideways or was it that kind of squashed early.
Speaker 4: No, there was definitely a chance. Fortunately, everyone stayed healthy, and I think that was where the chance was. It was just the backup plan in case somebody got hurt. Everyone stayed healthy, and we pulled it out.
Speaker 1: When you watched that ride last year, obviously you want to be a part of it. But now being healthy and see what the Dodgers have and what they need, how much does that motivate you to want to be part of a World Series championship and be on the mound you were there for twenty twenty. Obviously you want to be part of last year, but try to get that second ring, I'm sure as a great motivating factor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, let's run it back. Honestly, I want to help the squad out any way I can.
Speaker 1: What's the dynamic? What's been communicated with so many starting pitchers?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 1: I know we always say that, but there's a lot you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of us. Plan is just going there expecting to be a starting pitcher and build up as as such, and then we'll see what.
Speaker 1: I meant, Anthony Benda just walked in. Have you heard about this cult fan? You know, the the cult of Anthony Benda in a good way? The fans here love love BANDA. I mean, he's got his shirt on. He should take his shirt off like he did during the parade. That's when people went wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They want to see him with the shirt off and with the mask on, and they love it.
Speaker 1: Kirby Yates, by the way, I thought about you yesterday during his press conference because he still is one of the few pitchers in baseball that throw the split fingered fastball like Tony Gonsolin. You got another comrade in that department. Is there anything that you guys in that brotherhood of throwing the splitter can share with each other?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I haven't met him yet in person, so you know, don't think if anything's going wrong, ye, I got a guy to ask, and I think that makes it all the better.
Speaker 1: Where you off to next at Dodger? Do you know what they have planned for each? Oh?
Speaker 4: Stage next?
Speaker 1: All right? All right? Are you going to be by yourself up there?
Speaker 4: Dan Grover is gonna be with you? Maybe, Bobby, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well, enjoy the main stage. Tony Gonsolin, thank you, thanks for stopping by. Of course your paws are feeling great love that. There he goes, Tony Gonsolin, Dodger Fest. He said it to the main stage and certainly conserving himself for spring training. He's ready to go and uh, certainly hungry to be part of the Dodgers' twenty twenty five season. You look at it and look at how many guys they have on this roster. It just shows that you can't have enough pitching and everybody's going to have to learn to adapt and be flexible and nimble. I just saw Kyle Hurt and Gavin Stone pop their heads out. I mean, Stone's not going to pitch this year, but Kyle Hurt, you never know, you might see him. That guy could be a weapon coming out of the out of the bullpen. And there he is West Virginia's favorite son, son of the Mountain, Michael Grove right there with some cool looking sunglasses. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk when we continue live from Dodgers Stadium at Dodger Fest. Taoscar Hernandez, everybody's favorite tay Oscar Hernandez is scheduled to join us and coming up at one forty five, Andrew Friedman at two fifteen, Freddie Freeman to thirty Mookie Bets, and we are going to cap things off with the grand finale of having the three time MVP show Hey Otani close us out at Dodger Fest. So David Vase with you on a great Saturday on a five seventy LA Sports, your home of the world champion Dodgers. Thank you to Yoshi Yamamoto and Tony Gonsolin for dropping by. Appreciate them stopping by. Chris Taylor is beyond the double doors here where we're posted up. If you are here at Dodger Fest. I'm not trying to hide from you. It's just where they put me. I crashed this party and we found a place to do this show. And a man that I have seen evolve from a Seattle Mariner to a two time World Series champion and a hero and so many postseasons for the Dodgers, the one and only Chris Taylor is joining us. Chris, great to see you. I saw you get the hang loose. Signed to the Dodger fans. You have really really become La.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just a surfer poser right now. You're my ultimate hype guy. I've I love it.
Speaker 1: Oh, how could I not be? Twenty seventeen, the home run off of Justin Verlander to get the World Series started. The incredible Game seven in the twenty eighteen NLCS, the walk off home run against the Saint Louis Cardinals. Do I need to keep going, Chris?
Speaker 3: No, that's good for now. You can. We can talk about this later though.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, tell me how it felt to be part of that World Series team last year, considering all the highs you've been part of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was unbelievable. You know, I think each team and each year is a different experience. Last year was very special in its own way. I think we had a huge chip on our shoulder in the postseason. We obviously knew we were down a lot of guys from injury and all that, and so I think we really, like, you know, just came together as a group and kind of fed off of each other's energy, and I felt like we were playing our best baseball we had played all season in the postseason, and we got hot at the right time, and yeah, it you know, obviously the the writing is on the wall or whatever the saying is, and then we have to celebrate, which we didn't get to do in twenty twenty. So that was just a really cool experience and something I think us players and all the fans and all of Los Angeles had been kind of craving for a long time. So that was special that the parade was an experien and so I'll never forget to kind of see all of la show out for us like that. It was really really cool.
Speaker 1: You've been a fan favorite, You've been part of multiple world series with fans in the stadiums. When you were on your parade bus, did that really hit you how much this team means to the city or did you already know that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I it did because you could see it right. The stadium can fit fifty thousand approximately, So you know, I think there's always the awareness that it's bigger than just the fans of the stadium, like Los Angeles Dodgers. That's like now it's like worldwide, especially you know, we're signing international players and it's really growing. Thank show. Hey, But you know, to actually see it it kind of put things into perspective because we're always we're kind of in our little bubble in the state, and then when we drive around the city in the streets are packed like shoulder to shoulder everywhere you can see for miles. That was really really cool, and it's something we always knew, but to see it in person and to experience it and see how excited people were and to be able to for them to come out and show their support. A lot of them probably can't afford to come to Dodger games. Yeah, them being able to to be there and show their support to us really meant a lot.
Speaker 1: You've been part of so many different teams that have won. Right as a Dodger twenty seventeen, that team does not look anything close to what twenty twenty four did. What has been the biggest factor why the cast members have changed, but the winning has not.
Speaker 3: I think it all starts up top, to be honest, I think you know, Andrew, in our front office, the goal is to win every year, and we're very fortunate to play for an organization where that's the main priority, and that's not the case with every team, and I feel lucky to be a part of this organization knowing that we're gonna We're gonna compete, and we're gonna make moves and do everything we can to win a world series, and that is the only objective.
Speaker 1: Chris Taylor is our guest tomorrow. He's having his second annual Polar Plunge. Sounds like you got a cold tailor Are you really gonna jump into the Pacific Ocean with that cold you got going on right now? It might turn into pneumonia? Do I sound like a cold? Yes? A sinus infection at least.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: I had sinus surgery in this offseason. I'm actually breathing better.
Speaker 1: Oh you in your nose.
Speaker 3: It was an issue, and now I thought it was fixed. But I'm doubting yet.
Speaker 1: I gotta go back to My brother had that surgery too. He had to go back a second time.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I hope. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You're not doing your nasal rinses, are you? Taylor?
Speaker 3: Well? I thought you're my hype guy.
Speaker 1: See, I know you so well, I know you better than you know yourself. I sniffed out something was going on already. I mean, you do sound like you are breathing. You're not as big of a mouth breather as you were before. But I mean, when did you have this nasal procedure.
Speaker 3: It was in November after the season.
Speaker 1: There you're still in the process, still in the process, still recovery. Maybe that saltwater tomorrow will help you clear it out.
Speaker 3: It'll be the polar plunge will be a great test.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well back to the polar plunge. It's for a great cause. Is where are the funds going this year? Because I know you and your wife Mary are very philanthropic and you did a great job last year. Has uh the direction of the donations changed after what happened here in La?
Speaker 3: It did? It shifted a little bit. So, you know last year we did it for the Friendship Foundation, and that was the plan this year and we're still gonna The Friendship Foundation is still a beneficiary, and we added the LA Fire Department Foundation. That's the additional beneficiary. After the fires.
Speaker 1: You've been through so many charitable endeavors, whether it's with your foundation or with the Dodgers, it felt more impactful and needed this time around. Did you feel that way too?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know what, obviously, everything that happened with the fires in La and the devastation that brought to the city I think it's really important in these times for all of LA to come together and people to step up. And you know, the Dodgers and the Dodgers Foundation have done already done huge things. But you know, it's cool to see everybody really play their part. And you know, I think LA is really stepping up. And you know, I'm hoping this polar Punch tomorrow will see. We've already got tons of support just through Instagram donations. We've raised over fifty thousand dollars just on Instagram fund out. That's amazing, and you know, I think that just shows people want to help. And you know, at first, I think people were looking to help and they didn't know how. And you know, now we're starting to see people are really organizing things and making it accessible for the whole city to do that.
Speaker 1: There's still spots available right to participate tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can actually buy tickets at the plunge on the beach, so.
Speaker 1: Manhattan Beach Peer that's where you want to be to get your tickets, Or you can go to Chris's Foundation on Instagram CET three Foundation. That's where you can get your tickets, or just show up and jump in.
Speaker 3: Yes, ct Threefoundation dot org. If you want to get tickets beforehand.
Speaker 1: Nice, or just show up at the Manhattan Beach Peer Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we will be selling tickets there on the spot.
Speaker 1: Nice. Love it, Chris, looking for to a great twenty twenty five. I know it just feels like the group isn't satisfied with everything that went so perfect for you guys last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, and that shows. You know, We've obviously made some great additions this offseason. And you know, I don't have to say. We all know, and you know, I think the excitement is, you know, we want to make this a regular thing. We want to kind of run it back and you know, hopefully for a few more years. You know, I'm going to do my best to stick around.
Speaker 1: You're still hungry, Chris? Are you still hungry? You still got that edge?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I do right now, and I'm trying to keep it that way. But I you know, I love the city and I hope I can play here for many more years.
Speaker 1: I get so nostalgic when I'm around Chris Taylor. You know, been part of so many great teams with so many great guys starting in twenty seventeen, and I look at your CT three Foundation Instagram And you got Brett Young coming out to the VIP party tomorrow. Cory Seger brought him into our lives. I mean, I never heard of Brett Young in my life before Corey Seger, and here you got Brett Young playing tomorrow. I feel like that's a tip of the cap to Corey Seeger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I know Brett and Siegs are really tight. They're from the same area.
Speaker 1: But are you saying you're more friends? Were Brett Young than Seeger? Is Is that what you're saying now?
Speaker 3: No? No, I'm not saying that. But you know Brett, he's a huge Doger fan, and he helped us out a couple of years ago at the top golf event. He's gonna be there tomorrow. He's fantastic, you know, just it shows the how generous he is and the type of person he is, and he's coming and helping us out for nothing, and that is not you know, that is not typical of big time performers like Brett, and it really means a lot that he was able to do that with us.
Speaker 1: Chris, before I let you go, standing right there is a fan favorite. Number three thirty seven ta Oscar Hernandez. Is he like the most perfect human being? Does he ever have a bad day? Has he ever pushed anybody off a sidewalk? Has he ever just said you know what, no, I'm going first. I feel like he's never done that before. I feel like if there was somebody close to John Wooden, it would be Taoscar Hernandez. I feel like every day is a great gratifying day. He has never offended anybody in his life. Has he ever offended you? Has he ever upset you?
Speaker 3: No? Too, has not never, never, He's always got a smile in his face. You know. I think the bad.
Speaker 1: Day for him is like he forgot to say I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no. I mean, Tao is an unbelievable human being, and we're happy to have him back. First time I've seen him actually this offseason.
Speaker 1: Do you see the glow above his head. There's a halo above his head. There's two people in the world, Mother Teresa and Taoscar Hernandez. Off the field, on the field, forget it.
Speaker 3: I think we got to bring Tayo in. I think I'm done and this is time for Tao to come here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Saint Tao, Saint Tao come on over here, we're gonna take a time out. Ta Oscar Hernandez is going to join us. Chris Taylor, who's been part of the Dodgers since twenty seventeen. Thank you. We're looking forward to another great year with you wearing number three. And we'll see you tomorrow at the Manhattan Beach Pier for the Polar Plunge, a great charity. And we'll see, uh, we'll see if the saltwater clears out that neasele whatever you got going on. Dodger Talk rolls on from Dodger Fest. Chris Taylor, my number one fan. We'll send it back to you for now. And on the other side, Tai Oscar Hernandez right here on AM five seventy LA Sports, your home of the CAMPIONNIS, the Champions Dodgers. Oh there we go. You know that song. He's gonna grab a bat right now.
Speaker 6: I'm not ready, not ready yet.
Speaker 1: One of my favorites too. This is very awkward. Two of my favorites, right, don't lie, It's okay, you're right, you're right outman, not just kidding. Hey, all you guys are my favorites. I tell everybody you're my guy. But Taascar. Hernandez is Los Angeles' guy. Taascar Hernandez aid Dodger Fest. That's what Dodger fans wanted.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 1: Hear my one fan right there, they're screaming for you, number thirty seven, wearing that Dodger blue. He's got that beautiful glow. Just came off the beach in the Dominican Republic.
Speaker 6: I was in Tampa.
Speaker 1: Oh, Tampa, same thing, right by the beach. Yeah, oh man, You're so happy to be back, aren't you, Tao, Yes, so happy. Did you feel relieved once it happened?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, the one of my biggest ding was trying to get a deal done with the Dodgers, and you know, thank god he works and I'm here.
Speaker 3: But I got it again.
Speaker 1: You know, one thing I was looking at. I've been watching the games in the postseason again. You came up big in the fifth inning during the NLDS to bring the back from behind, and then you had one of the biggest hits in Game five of the World Series. Have you had a chance to go back and watch any of the games or you cannot allow yourself.
Speaker 6: Maybe a thousand times already. Really, all the videos and all the highlights. It just makes everything easier and excited just to go back and see all the plays, all the things that we go through in the playoff, and you know, remind of ourselves that we can do this again, and our team is way better now and we have a big chance to do it again this year.
Speaker 1: I felt like you and Showhay just would not allow this team to lose, or never allow themselves not to believe that you could even come back. I'm thinking about the NLDS against the Padres. I felt like you were willing this team to believe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it just you know, you get to a point where you have to match the energy from the other side, and I think that's what the Patris were doing at the beginning. They were playing a high level energy wise, and and and for us to beat them, we need to play at the same level or even higher than them. And we realize that and we go after it. And we've been on in five games.
Speaker 1: I was saying, and I believe it. If you were one of the best people you could ever meet. I think you're one of the most generous, good natured people you'll ever meet. Have you ever played the game angry?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: Not really? Not really. Uh.
Speaker 6: Once I learned how to enjoy these game and and and the way you have to play it, the things that it will be more easier when you go to the field and you play with positive energy even though if if you're going through a bad moment or tough moment, uh personally or as a team. Uh, for me, it feels way better.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: You got more reliefs out of it when you just go and and just have fun, trying to make your teammates enjoy what we do and and just go about our business.
Speaker 1: What was it like for you to be part of this team and to invest so much emotion into this team and be rewarded with the World Series championship and for the front office and the ownership to reward you by bringing you back.
Speaker 6: That's that's that's what it's all about. For me, it just every day that I get to get to work, to get to the field. My point is to make everybody uh relax even though we're.
Speaker 3: Playing the game.
Speaker 6: And you know, now that I'm back, it just feel great to be back with this group, with this organization, and uh, you know, thanks to to the Dodgers, to the front office, to everybody that make this possible, and you know, happy to be here.
Speaker 1: You know what I thought about, or one person I thought about when you resigned was Andy pa Has If you pay attention and you watch the dugout, you're always talking to him and he's always listening to you. How much do you believe you have helped Andy and how much more can you help him being teammates and make him ready for his opportunity?
Speaker 6: You know, it's it's the thing is here when you have somebody telling you what was fed in the future. For me, I think I didn't have that people of those guys when when I was a rookie, And for me, it's really important to show the sport to the young guys to make them feel that even if they're going through that moment, it's gonna go away. It just has to keep your head up and keep working hard and keep a living and what you're doing so uh for me to be there for him, and not only for Pahees, for all the guys. I'm just here to make my teammates better, to help anybody in any way that can possible help, and you know, just trying to make everybody better, even myself.
Speaker 1: Your lineup was so good with tay Oscar Hernandez hitting behind Mookie and Freddie and show, hey, you look at this lineup now with Confordo a full year with Tommy Edmund. How much are all of you going to benefit by having the guy in front of you and the guy behind you.
Speaker 6: It is like saying everybody's gonna have some benefits at some point when you have a deep lineup like that, like the one we have this year, What is the most important is if we can stay healthy the whole year. If we can do that, I think everybody's gonna have a wonderful year individually and as a group. And at the end of the day we're going to be fighting for another Wolves here, you're still hungry, Yes, well, look the World Series is in the past, that's already. We enjoy it, We have fun, We have a good time. But I wasn't twenty twenty four. Now win twenty twenty five and we had no goals. But at the same at the end, it's going to be the same. It just win everything.
Speaker 1: When did you turn the page and say that was last year? Was that after New Year's after Christmas? When did you say that was behind me?
Speaker 6: It was right when I got back home.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm a guy that what is in the past is in the past. Even even if it's a good one, it's in the past. It's nothing I can do about it. It just focused on what can I do in the next step.
Speaker 1: Tail Man, it feels right that you're here. It wouldn't have felt the same if you weren't here. I would not have come today. If Hernandez was not here.
Speaker 4: I love you. I don't think that's a lie.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not coming. Even though Blake Snail's here, I would not have come.
Speaker 6: Feels good to be back and be together with the boys, man and see him by saying too, about saying.
Speaker 1: My brother, really, oh man, thank you, Ted, I miss I miss you too.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm telling you. I've seen a lot of Dodgers come and go, but uh, twenty years from now, I will still always talk about Taoscar, Hernandez. There's a few players I will always talk about, and you're one of them. And I think everybody says this right, even Brandon Gome said it. Now my kids can stop asking me when ta Oscar is coming back, because he is back. He's here. I'm here, Oh man, Oh baby, right field, right field is gonna love him. Ta Oscar Hernandez man champion, champion on and off the field. And when we continue here from Dodgers Stadium, the man that was going to have to answer to me if he did not bring back Taoscar Hernandez, Andrew Friedman is going to come back and he's gonna have to answer some questions about key K Hernandez coming up next, I'm gonna ask him some questions. We need him. Keik had a hockey game. What's he doing tale? I don't know, but hopefully, but in Utah, key K doesn't belong in Utah.
Speaker 6: Hopefully when Spin's trying to start, we see a face of ki K.
Speaker 1: Yeah over there, sounds good, sounds good. Taasca Hernandez. Everybody loves him in LA. Looking forward to another great year as we continue live from Dodger Fest on a five to seventy, LA Sports, your home of the world champion Dodgers without tail, those dreams don't come true. We're having a great time at Dodger Fest with the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. First time we could say that here at Dodger Fest, there was no fan fest or Dodger Fest in twenty twenty one. This is the first time these players can be celebrated here at Dodgers Stadium coming off a World Series championship, and it is so refreshing to hear to a man how they are all still hungry and how last year was last year, and yes we can celebrate it, yes we can enjoy it, but it's a new year and there is something to prove. And it's awesome to hear guys like Blake Snell and Tanner Scott say I want a ring too. That's why I came here. I don't want these guys to have a ring and me on the sidelines on ring day. I want my own ring. And I feel like that's where just the experience of being around the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe and Gasol and Kobe and those teams, and you know, even in twenty twenty one, Trey Turner, you know, those guys wanted a ring really bad. And on ring day when you're the new guy and you're the new new high profile guy like a Blake Snell or a Tanner Scott and you're hearing all this hooplah going on, and the players from last year, are on the third base line and you're in the dugout while they're getting a World Series ring. You want to be part of it, and that makes you even hungrier. And I'm looking forward to this team finding a way to make its way back to the World Series. You know, I on paper, like they all said, this roster looks air tight, and they're right. But there's always the variable of a baseball season. There is no linear path to a championship. Every season is unique to itself. So the way the Dodgers won the World Series championship was very different than the way the Texas Rangers won the World Series the year before, or even the twenty twenty Dodgers won it. And I feel like this is going to be a great year, but it's not going to be the same exact carbon copy of the way things went last year. And you hope that it's not going to be that way. Because the Dodgers had a lot of injuries to their pitching staff. You hope that that doesn't happen again. And the Dodgers have done everything possible to prevent that from happening. They have a lot of pitching and there is no team out there American League or National League that has the pitching staff the Dodgers half. So on paper, this is the most stacked roster the Dodgers have ever had, not only one through twenty six, but one through forty. But you heard a lot of these guys talk about it. Health is a big thing, and I love that they have brought guys into the fold like Tanner Scott and Blake Snell. And you got a guy like Michael Confordo where they're hungry to win a World Series championship as well. And you got players like Chris Taylor and Bobby Miller that have something to prove. And a guy that's never satisfied is the man that has put together sustained success and a World Series championship, and he obviously is doing great Daddy daycare this week and a Dodger fest that is the president of Baseball Operations for the Dodgers, two time World Series champion, Andrew Friedman. Andrew, thanks a lot for coming by and love that you're showing the balance of life and being a champion.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks for having me on. Brandon Gham's daughter and my daughter, Sadie, wanted to come hang today and so they're getting the full experience.
Speaker 1: I'm glad they both look like their moms. That's a big win for the family. So is this a dad thing where they love being with dad because dad will allow them to have a sprite.
Speaker 7: No question about it. You can ask my daughter. I'm not great at saying no to her.
Speaker 1: So both of these young ladies here, were they pestering you and their dad, Brandon about ti Oscar Hernandez who was just sitting in that very seat.
Speaker 7: They definitely were, So were my boys. We're getting a lot of stuff at school, like we got to re sign. Tao said, I agree, we're working on it.
Speaker 1: Andrew, what's it like coming back here and seeing these guys, maybe for the first time since the parade, it feels like there is still a sense of hunger from all of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, we've talked about this a few times this winter. I think it's really hard to win. It's even harder to repeat. And part of the difficulty in repeating is a sense of complacency that can come overcome a group, and that, coupled with pictures getting kind of redline through October, that combination, for me, I think is a big factor in the difficulty in repeating, and so for us, fortunately our pictures didn't get redline. Made it a lot harder, not great for quality of life, but we got through it. And the complacency thing I just have never worried about with this group, just the way they're wired. Everyone is so focused and committed to making this a golden era Dodger Baseball. The way these guys are wired, their work ethic, their desire to win is awesome.
Speaker 1: Did it factor into you bringing in guys like Blake SNeW Michael Confordo Tanner Scott that these guys may help that part of the equation where they haven't won before. Kirby Yates talked about it yesterday. They want to win a World Series championship. Does that help feed the beast that you were describing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean again, I don't think this group needs that at all. But adding in guys that are hungry. You know, we had a number of guys that we had last year that were hurt and missed out October experience, they're hungry as well. I think we have a really talented roster and all focused and committed on winning, and so it sets up for the possibility for really special things.
Speaker 1: Among the players that have set up that share today is none other than snell Zilla, the two times cy Young Award winner, your first signing of the off season. It feels like in this twenty four to seven news cycle we forget about maybe the biggest fish landed being the two times sy Young Award winner. He already said that he sees something in Bobby Miller that he wants to help bring out of him. Was that part of the equation of bringing him in as well as the obvious.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's pretty awesome. I've known Blake since he was eighteen, and I guess it means that I'm getting old but more experienced, Yes, thank you, But just seeing the maturation from him over the years, and when he was with the Padres would run over and talk to him every time they'd come to town for a little bit and just connect with him, and just seeing each year it gradually, you know, and then I think fatherhood, and so he's always been focused and dedicated on how to be the best picture he can be. But I've seen a real growth in terms of how he can impact others and winning and just things that you see in that cycle for a young player, as they start to become more of a veteran. And I've talked to him a number of times this offseason. He's asking me about guys. He's thinking about our roster and awesome ways. You know, we have so many guys.
Speaker 1: You know, the.
Speaker 7: Natural cycle of a player is they're focused on doing well for themselves and making money, which makes sense, so the best players in the world and figuring out how to navigate that I think is really important and hard and it's stressful. And with more experienced players that we've signed a longer term contracts, that's out the window and it is all about what can I do to help us win? And it aligns their interests perfectly with ours, and it is all about winning and you know, how we can impact and make players better and keep them in the right position to succeed. And Blake is definitely in that mindset and is looking at ways beyond when he pitches every fifth or sixth day, of how he can impact this team and help us win.
Speaker 1: I know you're always got the mine and the wheels spinning, But when can Andrew Friedman sit back and say, I feel pretty good about the team that I'm taking to spring training.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm never very good at like taking stock. Like every day we have stuff to do and things to focus on, and we do feel really good about this team, but there is an importance of integrating new guys. There's how to manage Roki and Yamamoto and a show, Hey comes back, and you know glass now schedule. There's just so many factors that are all really important that we don't really have much time to ever kind of sit back and take stock of anything. It is much more about like, Okay, here's the to do list, here are things we need to focus on. I think I won't really get perspective for any of this until I get fired, and then I can look back and.
Speaker 1: That's never happening. That's never going to happen. That jolted my daughter. Wait, no, no, that's never happening. You got to keep dad here for a long time, because without Dad, this machine does not keep going again. Look there he is to askar Hernandez. Hey, I told tayl if he was not going to be here, I was not coming today. Me neither, yes, right me neither. You couldn't have come today? So hey, speaking of Hernandez, is I refuse to believe the door is closed on keyk rejoining you guys, I know he's a free agent, but do you feel like it's a little premature to slam the door on any more significant moves?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I don't think the door's ever closed on Kik. That being said, it doesn't mean that it will necessarily work out. But we've required him a lot of different times, and through trades and free agency, you know, twice through trade and you know, I don't know how to play out. We'll never close the door on him, but you know, if he does sign somewhere else and hopefully we'll have a chance to trade for him or whatever. But the most important thing is for he and his family. We want them to make the best decision for them and whatever that means. And obviously we're biased and we hope it means us, but we'll see how that plays out.
Speaker 1: It was encouraging to see him at a Utah hockey game. It feels like he's just drifting, waiting for the time to drift back to la. I mean, Keik had a Utah hockey game, Andrew, I never thought i'd see that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't either. He's good friends with the gm oh, and I talked to him about it during the season, but when I first saw it, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, wait a minute, what ye? And then I.
Speaker 7: Remember read that connection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, hey, I'm gonna ask you one more roster question. Then I got Andrew Friedman, baseball fan. There is Gavin Stone. Don't be scared of the boss, Gavin. It's okay, Hey, let me introduce you Gavin to Andrew Friedman. I mean, are you really surprised to see him? Hey? By the way, Gavin Stone pitched more innings and made more starts for the Dodgers than anybody else last year.
Speaker 7: Was awesome. That's another guy who you know missed the October run that you know will be a big part of future October runs.
Speaker 1: And there's the Bozuka. He's coming back. What June first? Right, Bazukah? All right, all right, okay, no problem, Bruce Star graderol More reinforcements come in. Who knows who else is gonna pop out of that door? That's sure. Andrew fans love coming to spring training. Obviously, everybody's anticipating show A pitching for the first time in a Dodger uniform this year. What should be our expectations of what we see him do on the mound during the time at Camel Back Ranch.
Speaker 2: I don't know yet.
Speaker 7: You know, he's playing long toss and he will start progressing and advancing. I don't know yet as far as win he'll start facing hitters. We haven't figured that out. We want to get around him, be a part of a stowing program with our pitching guys, and you know, each and every day he's with our trainers right now, and you know he's kind of moving out of rehab phase and to go compete mode, and so exactly how that progresses we haven't figured out yet.
Speaker 1: But there is a possibility a fan might be there on a Tuesday afternoon and see him maybe just pitch to somebody.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe left handed or underhanded or something. Sure, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't know when he's gonna face hitters yet, but I do know he is gonna pitch for us this year and be a big part of what we do on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 1: All right, Andrew, Before I let you go, I remember hearing this story about you waiting in the hotel for one of your favorite players as a young man. Tim Rains, Tim rock Rains expos fame. One of my favorite players growing up was Eric Davis, same generation a player. I contend peak Eric Davis better than peak Tim Rains.
Speaker 7: It's not surprising with your takes and how oft they typically are that this is just another one of those that's off.
Speaker 1: Was Tim Rains ever compared to Willie Mays? Did Tim Rains almost because you never did? That was the other people out there.
Speaker 7: I guess Rain's ability to impact on the basis on defense in the box was incredible and also had a much longer run he did.
Speaker 1: He stayed healthier than Eric Davis. But Eric Davis ran into the brick wall at Wrigley Field, or he would have been the first fifty to fifty player.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Eric Davis was great. He was great, just wasn't a rock range, but he was all right.
Speaker 1: Agree to disagree.
Speaker 7: That seems to sum up a lot of our conversations. We're just gonna have to agree to disagree.
Speaker 1: I one thing I will agree with you are not quitting and you're not getting fired. I would agree with that. You are staying here for a long time, right, right, Dad's staying around right Zadi for a long time. Brandon Gomes staying around? Is your dad staying around it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He better. Well he brought back Taoscar so they could stick around a little bit longer, right, Thanks Andrew, Thanks a lot. I think it's great to just see how you balance all of it. And you've been able to bring two World Series championships to LA. We're looking for a third. Yes, we're letting Daddy go. And there's skittles inside the room to go with your sprite. It'll be great. Thank you, Andrew, Thank you, Brandon Gomes. Thank you for ti Oscar. You've made the city very happy. And there's the Bazukah. He's already planning his comeback. Andrew Friedman, Brandon Gomes. They have done a fantastic job. I've been certainly from the time Andrew took over in twenty fifteen to where it is in twenty twenty four, unprecedented success in Dodger history. When you think about the two best Dodger executives in the history of this organization, Al Campanis in Los Angeles, Andrew Freeman in LA and obviously Buzzy BAVESEI in that category. But you can't dispute the success of Andrew Friedman and what he's been able to bring to the Dodgers. All right, we're getting close to the top of the hour. We're two hours in, we got one more to go. Freddie Freeman and Mookie Betts are going to join us in the next hour and show, hey, Ohtani Will as well, a lot to get to in the next hour from Dodger Fest right here on a five to seventy LA Sports