Speaker 1: Welcome to Here's to Your Health With Joshua Lane. Here's to Your Health discusses the current thinking and wellness, bringing you the most influential thinkers in beauty, fitness, and longevity. Your host, Joshua Lane, was part of the Doctor and Wigmore team that helped bring wheat, grass sprouts and raw foods to a worldwide audience and now the host of Here's to Your Health. Joshua Lane.
Speaker 2: Welcome to this edition of Here's to Your Health. I'm your host, Joshu Lane. We are now many of us concerned about our health, and we also recognize that the health of the soil is important. When the soil is richer nutrients, the plants we grow, the animals we graze absorb these nutrients and the food has more, better taste, and more food value, and more and more of us recognize that these days. And our guest is Howard's Leger, and Howard it calls himself a student of the soil. He is a farmer in the Midwest, and his family were farmers, and he understands the importance of the health of the soil, and he has understood that for more than probably about forty years, and so when someone has that kind of long term commitment to his subject, they can really bring depth of information to this really important topic that is the health of our soil and therefore our health. Howard, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for having me. Appreciate the opportunity to share information with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very happy to have you on. So again for the listeners of Here's to your health. So where is your farm located? And the farm, as I understand it was started by your mom and dad? Is that correct?
Speaker 3: I am fortunate to live on the farm that my folks moved on to in nineteen fifty nine. They bought the farm from Bill and Margaret McDonald in nineteen sixty. So I literally live on old McDonald's farm.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I'll tell your truth. That's really good. That's, by the way, very delightful. That's really good. I like that a lot. And so this farm when you when your parents purchased it in fifty nine, what was what?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Of course the farming was different then, so was it a mixed use farm? What was happening in fifty nine? And by the way, excuse me, where can I ask where the farm is?
Speaker 4: Northwest Iowa?
Speaker 2: Is where we're located, Okay, Okay, And so what were they growing in fifty nine?
Speaker 3: It was a diverse farm. Back then, most all farms were diverse. They had multiple crops, there were rotations. My dad had crops and livestock. We had chickens, we had pork, hogs, we had cattle, we had sheep. And you know today we're continuing that tradition to a degree. I guess you would say we direct market beef, pork, chicken, turkey, lamb, eggs, and milk.
Speaker 4: I milk a cow by hand.
Speaker 3: Every morning when I'm home, and we raise food on our farm rather than commodities.
Speaker 2: Right right, that's very fair. Okay, So our guess is Howard's vigor. Howard Is calls himselves student of the soil. His family farm in Iowa is mixed use, which is kind of traditional. I think one reason why farmers recognize this now scientifically that when you have all these diverse animals on the farm, and the animals poop, I guess that's hope, that's the correct term. You know, they enrich the soil, and so the whole idea of being vegan and using only vegetables and not using any animals in the mix turns out to be a philosophical position, and certainly you're entitled to that, but it doesn't really turn out to be the best way to farm. Is that an unfair statement that? I just.
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: Without the animal integration in a farming operation, you don't have the enrichment opportunity that you get from the the urine and the feces from the animals, right. And it's you know, regenerative is the term that is used to describe our farm today and many other farms that are like focused as we are, and that being improving the soil in an ongoing basis, and regenerative truly does that.
Speaker 4: It's just amazing.
Speaker 3: What you are able to do for continual and ongoing improvement of the soil when you implement these regenerative practices and you know, the soil is that's the basis we're all health comes from, if you know the I try to get people to make the relationship between soil and their digestive system or their their stomach. If you're if you don't have happy bugs in your stomach, you're not going to feel good, right, and you're not going to get the maximum nutrient uptake out of the food that you're consuming. The soil is the same way. The more we can nurture the natural biological food web that the Creator gave us to work within the soil, the better the soil performs, the better the more resilient the soil will be in both periods of drought and periods of excess moisture. And the nutrient density of the crost that you will raise will far exceed those in the traditional production model because and there's a lot of science that's coming, thankfully to support this in a major way. When you have the full aspect of the soil food web, the bacteria of the fung guy, the protozoil of the micro arthropods and nematodes, the amiba, when they're all functioning properly, and you have that nutrient cycling occurring and the symbiotic relationship between the plants and the soil and the microorganisms, and then when you integrate the animal agriculture with that, it's the way the Good Lord designed it to function.
Speaker 2: Alrighty O, I guess Howard Liger Howard calls themselves students of the soil. A former in Iowa family farm parents started it now, howard you because you're on camera. You know we're filming via zoom. We only this is audio we broadcast on AMFM radio. So you look reasonably young. So in nineteen fifty nine were you even born yet on your parents farm?
Speaker 4: I was born in nineteen sixty one.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, and so were your parents who taught you these concepts which are now becoming more and more accepted scientifically. But maybe we're laughed at twenty or thirty or forty years ago more than laughed at. People would very dismiss it as though, oh my god, you poor thing. You just have no brains whatsoever. Were your parents into it or did you learn simply through good fortune and reading books were bumping into people and you thought, oh my goodness, this is so important.
Speaker 3: My father I wouldn't describe him as an early adapter for full implementation of the traditional farming mechanisms. He probably stayed in that rotational, more traditional at that time mode longer than others may have. But the thing that really turned me was I got married in July of nineteen eighty one. My father died in August, and nineteen eighty one was the worst year you could have started farming in the last seventy five years. From an economic standpoint, everything was high, and two and a half years later the bottom fell out of it. So everything that I owned was worth less than half of what I had paid for it, and I struggled to survive, and thankfully the Good Lord gave me the opportunity to do that. In nineteen eighty eight, I put the crop in the ground without any money borrowed against it, which I didn't have a bank yet because of the financial issues.
Speaker 4: We went through and survived.
Speaker 3: In the mid eighties, but in eighty eight we had a drought. So in nineteen eighty nine when I started using what was known as alternative farming methods, it was out of desperation. It wasn't any great plan or design. But that's when I became a student of the soil. And I have no problem admitting the more I know, the more I know I don't know, because we have been given such an amazing creation to be caretakers up and I've been blessed to work with family farming operations all across the US and Canada, helping them successfully reduce their dependency and use of synthetic inputs and simultaneously improve the health of their soil, their crops, and their families health. And I started studying GMOs in nineteen ninety four, started doing on farm research in nineteen ninety seven. I coordinated a scientific study that was published in twenty thirteen where we fed non GMO corn and soil and GMO corn and SOI two pigs for their lifetime as a meat animal, and we documented the adverse effects that we were seeing anecdotally in the health of the animals of the farmers that we worked with that were implement or trying using these genetically engineered crops, and it was causing digestive issues and reproductive issues consistently when they fed it. When you took it away, the problem went away. When you put it back, the problem came back. And after we had done that research that I was blessed to be connected with scientists literally from around the world on the subject of glyphosate and other synthetic chemicals and have been involved on the front lines, you might say, of documenting the adverse effects that those compounds are having to the soil, to the crops, to the animals, and to the people.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, that sounds like some very important experiments you've been doing and involved with some very good research. For those just tuning into the show, I guess is Howard Lieger. I'll spell that V L I E G E R. And Howard calls himself a student of the soil and he farms was now quote regeneratively, which really was really traditional weds of farming using animal inputs and frankly gives us great quality soil. Howard, back in the eighties, who were you reading? Were you reading Rodale Press? Were you reading Wendell Berry? I mean, who were you reading that gave you this information which now you take for granted, you know, but really at the time he thought, oh my goodness, this is well fresh. Who were you reading then?
Speaker 3: In the very beginning, I wasn't reading. I connected with a company that was in the business of alternative farming, and there was an education program as part of that company that okay, we have this alternative approach, but you have to understand how to use it. One of the first researchers that I recognized was doctor William Albricks, and he was at the University of Missouri. He was the one that coined the phrase healthy soil, healthy plants, healthy animals, healthy people.
Speaker 4: And he.
Speaker 3: Was viciously attacked by the powers that be for courageously telling the truth about what was happening to crop inputs as a result of the petrochemical companies taking over our line grant universities and disrupting the normal research funding programs that were in place that were ex designed to do their job to help the farmers, which would subsequently help all the consumers and the economy of the country. Right, But they hijacked our land university system in our medical school system simultaneously, many many years ago.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Howard, that's actually, in my opinion, historically you're accurate about that how they hijacked the system. And I think only recently, say, within the past year or two, have a larger number of Americans realized, oh, my goodness, these are just businesses, pharmaceutical industry and chemical industry, and they actually literally bought the university system and kind of i'll use the word corrupted or bent the university system so that now they're simply part of the business model. And I think Americans, not all Americans, but many Americans are waking up to that, and that is a shockingly bad thing to be happening to the country. But maybe that'll change. So please mention name of that researcher who was attacked. What was the name of that man?
Speaker 3: Doctor William Albrick was one of the original university researchers that called out the okay, when there's a nutritional deficiency in the soil that needs to be corrected with the proper source of material, not the synthetic based components that industry forced upon everyone. And you know, there were a number of others. Doctor carry Reams was another one that was in early.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Carrie Reams, right, Oh my goodness, Yes, I.
Speaker 3: Studied his work and yeah, there's been and you know, today I'm blessed to be connected with the pie in ears of the regenerative movement worldwide. Gabe Brown Ray Archiletta both very good friends of mine. Gabe wrote the book Dirt to Soil and Desperation was his best friend too, because three years of crop failure because of weather events caused him to go down the regenerative pathway. So we both started the same direction in a slightly different manner for the same reason.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, we have three years of crop failure in a row. That must be bad for you financially and emotionally, and you think yourself, oh my god, three years in a row. But farming is very tough. I think sometimes when you a little home gardener and you put something in the ground and it grows, you think, oh my god, I'm a genius. But when you realize how tough it is to farm on a consistent basis and how many variables there are, you start to have more appreciation for the farmers. How tough it is to farm. It's just not a lark, and a lot of it is just kind of outside of your realm of being able to control it. It's really kind of a rough profession. Now, if I can ask this, Howard, So you're in Iowa now, and I know that you're concerned about the use of chemicals and how dangerous they are and how much glyphisate is being sprayed in the United States and throughout the world. And I believe that Iowa has a very high incidence of cancer among the citizens of Iowa because potentially, potentially because of the use of glyphisate. That's terribly a controversial statement in some quarters. But living in Iowa, are you involved in that movement to bring that to people's attention, and are you able to do that? Are people listening to you now and to others like you now?
Speaker 3: Yes, I am involved, and thankfully people are listening.
Speaker 4: We have.
Speaker 3: Probably the most significant governor's race in my lifetime as a voter taking place this year. Our primary is June second, and there's five candidates on the Republican ticket and one on the Democrat and I have been educating three of the five. Well, actually I've educated four of the five on the Republican side. One of them has obviously forgotten everything I taught him or learned from the books that I gave to him to read. But I'm optimistic about what we can do. Because Zach Lane, specifically, one of the candidates for governor, one of his primary talking two of his primary talking points of his campaign is the cancer rate and the water quality or lack of it here in Iowa. And I know that the way we fix that problem is starting with soil we and it's not a complicated and difficult process nor expensive one. You can just have to get the right education in the hands of the producers and get them to treat their number one asset kindly. Instead of adversely with all of the synthetics, and it will be beneficial for the soil, for their bottom line and for the quality of everything that's produced, as well as the entire environment. When when when you have healthy soil, the you know the nitrate levels in the city of Des Moines, they're spending bukoo bucks to remove the nitrates.
Speaker 4: Well, if you fix the soil, that problem goes away.
Speaker 3: By sell you don't have nitrates leeching and contaminate the aquifers and the water systems. When you have healthy soil because of microbial activity, holds on to those nutrients rather than allowing them to leach.
Speaker 2: Howard, do you feel that the timing is right, that the ideas that you studied and you know work is there? I use the word critical mass. Is there all of a sudden enough of us around that indeed one of the candidates that you feel would be most beneficial for the state of Iowa will actually get in and actually make a change. Do you see that happening now? Is it? Hold Let me before you answer that, let me say this. So back in the late eighties, there was a movement to ban cigarettes smoking in public places, and I and my wisdom. I was in Florida at the time, thought not never happened, that the bacco of industry is too powerful, never happened. Well, when it did happen, I thought, Wow, this is fantastic, and I called it completely wrong. I had no sense of the political environment. Are we now now in another moment in history for whatever reason or combination of reasons that indeed the glycoside problem which is now being recognized by many of us as really a dangerous problem. Can things change now? Howard? In your opinion in your state of Iowa.
Speaker 3: I don't think we've ever in my lifetime, We've never been at a better point of being able to.
Speaker 4: Bring about this change. It's not going to be easy.
Speaker 3: The bureaucratic ilk that's manifested is significant. But you know, I'm blessed to call Robert F. Kennedy Junior a good friend. I've worked with him since the end of twenty thirteen on a variety of projects, and he has done more to bring awareness to all of these issues than anyone else. Yes, Yes, Regrettably, he's not getting the support that he should be getting because of the power that be and the tremendous and vast amounts of money.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 3: I'll send you an email which won't do any good now. But it's an illustration that I put together in two thousand and three for a group of farmers in here in South Dakota that shows how the companies that are in the seed, fertilizer, chemical and pharmaceutical business have built this business model that is very self serving for them and very detrimental to the soil, the animals, and the people.
Speaker 2: No, Howard, I agree, Howard, we only have a few minutes left. Please tell the listeners here's to your health where they can contact you to find out more about your good work.
Speaker 3: I have a Facebook page, Howard Vigger. That's the only means I don't have a website or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Howard, do me if I have a spell your last name for us and tell us once again how we can contact you.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: My Facebook page is Howard Vliger Vlieger.
Speaker 4: Glycasate. If people want to.
Speaker 3: Have an initial education to that complex subject, I would suggest they do an internet search understanding the basics of glyphasay and then type children's health defense behind it. It's a white paper that I wrote at Robert F. Kennedy Junior's request in two thousand and nineteen into twenty nineteen, and they published it. And it was my attempt to give an elementary understanding of this complex compound that is wreaking havoc in more ways than anybody could ever imagine on the health of our environment and our people.
Speaker 2: Boy, that's right, that's right. And Howard may ask this, So, how can listeners of here's the health, Uh, maybe they live in Iowa? Can they contact you directly and you will ship better quality meat and produce to them directly? Is at it?
Speaker 5: We are?
Speaker 3: Our business has grown to a point to where we're limited in our expansion expansion capabilities.
Speaker 4: On beef, we're maxed out. We have some opportunity in pork, but it's it's really come more local than I ever thought it would be.
Speaker 3: We do ship, We do have some customers in California and Washington and a few on the east side of the country, but I'm not looking for more of that long distance business because the the shipping is sporadic, right, and expensive, and if it don't get there on time, then.
Speaker 4: Right, no, good, it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't work at all.
Speaker 3: Really, we've really seeing the local demand increase in a way that I quite frankly never would have anticipated, certainly not in the early nineties.
Speaker 2: Well that's a great thing. We simply have run out of time. I guess Howard Leieger let me spell that last name. V l I e g Er calls themselves Student of the Soil, doing really important work on improving the quality of the soil, which improves the quality of the vegetables and fruits and animals that we consume and makes us healthier. Seems very simple after you know it. Everything is easy after you know it. This is Josh Lane. You're listening to Hear's to your health. Take a short break. We'll be right back after these important messages.
Speaker 6: Give the gift of health to someone you love with all a life.
Speaker 7: Alavira prince alavera widely is by our ancestors as herbal medicine contains much needed nutrition. When the ala vera is not overfiltered. People need an easy way to better health, and alavira alogo concentrates our motivation in.
Speaker 6: A boss give the gift of health with alo life.
Speaker 7: Delicious cherry berry, orange, papaya or allegle concentrates study show improvement in our digestion, skin, health and energy.
Speaker 6: Do something good for yourself.
Speaker 7: Alo Life Alavera for a Healthier Life available at Sprouts Natural Grocers. Mothers at alolife dot com called eight hundred for one four Alo. That's eight hundred for one four a l Oe Alolife ala Vera for a Healthier Life eight hundred four one four Aloe leaders in health products since nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 6: Alo Life for a Healthier Life.
Speaker 8: The Latest from the Greatest, the best in new music by classic rockers, with your host, the Insane Daryl Wayne.
Speaker 1: This is Alice Cooper.
Speaker 3: And if Daryl Wayne is insane, what does that make mean criminally insane?
Speaker 2: Stick around to find out.
Speaker 9: Many of the artist interviews for the Latest for the Greatest have been captured on audio book. There is a volume one end Volume two. Great information and conversations with people in the industry and people surrounded by the industry, and of course the rock stars themselves.
Speaker 10: I'm the Revenue a Green and you're listening to the Insane Daryl Wayne, and I said, Wayne Insane.
Speaker 9: You can find it on Amazon or Blackstone Audio. Search for the Latest from the Greatest from Daryl Wayne.
Speaker 5: D A r R E.
Speaker 4: L L W A y N E.
Speaker 8: Hello, This is Weird Yankovic and you listening to the Insane Arl Wayne.
Speaker 2: Welcome to this edition of the Heroes to Your Health. I'm your host, Josh Lane. We all are interested in being healthy and strong and having great healthy lives and with great healthy body. And my guest is Lynna McKenzie. And Lynna McKenzie is the author of a new book called Help Yourself Healed with Natural Remedies, and Linda McKenzie has I'm happy to say, been doing this for you know, oh, probably forty years, and so therefore it's nice to be involved with the subject for three or four or five years. You certainly can know a lot and have a lot to teach. But when you've been doing it for all this time, it really gives you a real, i think, sense of the entire enormity of the subject. And Linda McKenzie, I think has that. And Linda McKenzie again wrote the book again, Help Yourself Heal with Natural Remedies. Linda McKenzie, welcome for the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm so glad to be here. I think I was on your show about I don't know you've been on air almost as long as I have, and I think I was on your show once before, and it's really glad to be here again.
Speaker 2: Oh good, thank you very much, thank you. I'm happy to have you on now talking about the subject. And I guess now there's a certain time now. For whatever reason, more and more people are interested in wellness and they recognize that the subject maybe had more to offer than they realize. And while the MD can be helped if you break an armor, some things certainly very helpful there, but they also recognize that the nutrition is important, and herbs are important, and exercise is important, and a cleaner environment, things that more and more Americans and around the world recognize and sow your book Help Yourself here with natural remedies. What is it that you can mention to the listeners of hear's true health that they really might not know but would really help them.
Speaker 5: Well. I believe that there's always a mental cause for an illness as well as a physical cause. That it makes sense if you think about how most illnesses is caused by stress. It's environmental stress, physical stress, and mental stress. So many different kinds of stresses, and they break down the body and then the body is there able to absorb illnesses or disease, And so if you know what the mental cause of this is, then you can help on a mental level to kind of get yourself going. The other thing that's very important to understand is intention. Okay, what you think is so important to healing. So if you feel like a medical doctor is going to heal you, and it will. If you feel that a natural way is going to heal you, it will. Our bodies are working twenty four to seven days, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred and sixty five days a year just to heal us. And so if we have the right mindset and keep positive, because positive attitudes and intentions actually increase help the immunity of the body increase and help you fight off disease rather than negative and gloom. I think is a very big helpful hint for people to stay positive and to be open.
Speaker 2: Right right, our guest is Linda Mackenzie, author of a new book called Help Yourself Heal with Natural Remedies. Now, Linda, as you've been doing this for a very long time, what first moved you towards the idea of I'll use the word broad term wellness, that is, you know, food, exercise, cleaner environment. What did did your mom and dad talk about it to you? Did you bump into it when you're in college? I mean when did when did you learn about wellness?
Speaker 5: Well? I think we're all interested in becoming healthy in natural methods. I never I have been medical free, you know. I haven't been to a doctor since nineteen ninety two except for cataract surgery, which I did not take any anesthetic. I did by hypnosis. So and because I don't take drugs, and I'll be seventy seven next month and I am on no drugs and I'm in perfect health. And I do think it's because of the natural lifestyle that I do. But I think it came to forefront because in nineteen eighty seven I got chronic fatigue syndrome, and at that point I was still going to doctors and doing all of that. And you have to understand that I was married to a biochemist that worked for merch Sharp and Dome, and I dated a doctor for five to six years. So I understand the background of all of that, and so I can have a judgment through actual practical methods rather than just I don't like this, you know. So when I got chronic fatigue, it was at a time epstein bar virus chronic critique when nobody knew what it was. And so I went and tried to heal and they would hit me in different spots, and they said I had a brain tumor, and then I said I had this, and I had that. And after ten thousand dollars at Script's clinic trying to figure out and I was an engineer at the time with security clearances and so at that point in time, you couldn't go to a psychologist or anything without having your security clearances revoked. Okay, So and they kept on telling me that I was crazy, that I, you know, I had better go to a psychiatrist, and because they couldn't figure it out, so I went to Scripts Clinics, spent ten thousand dollars of my own money, and they said, oh, yeah, you have epstein bar and your tighter count is way beyond the charts. We've never seen anybody like it. So at that point I knew, and they offered me prozac and I said, I'm not doing that, thank you. So I went back and I started doing research and I called up this hypnotherapist and I said, can you teach me to heal? And then I later got and I did. I started healing myself and I changed my diet and I found this really great doctor who was a medical doctor, a homeopath, a vitamin and herbalist. Was he had an accupunt in Chinese medicine. He was as a matter of fact, now he goes around the world lecturing on chronic fatigue. And he told me, okay, you have to go on this diet. If you go on this diet, you'll be okay. He goes, chronic fatigue never leaves you, and he says, it's always resides in the spine. He said, but if you go on stay on this diet, it's a very high immune system diet. He said, you can manage the disease. So I did, and then I got very very interested in natural health at that point because the medical doctors couldn't do anything for me. And I actually healed myself within I started healing in about three months, but I was fully healed in two years and I haven't and I with all the stuff and projects that I do, I work almost eighteen hours a day, seven days a week, so I have a lot of editor no more chronic foutique.
Speaker 2: Wow. Our guest is Linda McKenzie. Linda McKenzie author of Help Yourself Here with Natural Remedies. So, Linda, you know what, I really liked your story because it's a positive story, but also I like the way you worked in the time frame. Sometimes people think, well, I've been taking these vitamins for two days, I don't feel better. Why is that? And you mentioned with chronic fatigue, how in six months you think I feel a lot better and in two years I think, gee, I am really feel back tip tiptop shape. Because the timeframe is very important when you work with people who have illnesses. Do you work in the time frame, let them know here's what you can expect.
Speaker 5: And when well, basically I don't really work with people so much anymore. What happens is that I later became president of a dietary supplement manufacturing company where we were the first to combine mind body medicine. Of my girlfriend, who was my partner, we had a place in New York and a place a manufacturing company in California, and she was vice president of GNC for many years. So she designed the vitamins, and I designed, being that I now almost have a PhD. In hypnotherapy, all the visualization tapes. So when we would do a vitamin we would say, okay, she developed this fantastic arthritis formula. And then I would also do the mind thing where you could listen to the tapes and you would heal. And then we later were some that put in the We were really the first ones to put in Chinese medicine in pill bottles in the United States, and later on I got Who's Who in healthcare medicine in healthcare, I got a award for that kind of nomenclature for that. But being that I was in the vitamin company, I knew the industry secrets, and so in this book, help yourself here with natural Remedies. In the back of the book, I actually show you how to select vitamins, what is real, what is not, what to look for, and also explain that natural health methods take a little bit longer to work than drug therapy. So I tell anyone that is, if they ask me if what can take, what I can take and stuff, I'd say, well, remember it's going to take you know, six to eight weeks. It takes six to eight weeks to change a mindset. You know, if you have a negative thought pattern that's going around in your head and you can't break it, even working on it, you will break in about six weeks. That's the standard. So six weeks is about when you can start seeing some really good benefits from it, sometimes immediately.
Speaker 2: What our guest, Linda McKenzie, author of a book called Help Yourself Hear What Not your Remedies? So, Linda, where can listeners have here's to your health contact you to buy you a book Help Yourself Heal with Natural Remedies.
Speaker 5: Well, there's a lot of places to get me. But you can get it on Amazon dot com, It's in Target, Walmart, it's in you know, Barnes and Noble and any bookstore. You can order it. And you can go to my website Linda McKenzie dot net and that's m A C K E N z I E Linda McKenzie dot net and uh that will have a lot of information on there as well, right, and then I and also at healthylife dot net.
Speaker 2: All right, and so here's an important question. So why are people moving to alternative medicine away from the so called allopathic or Western medicine. Why why is that movement occurring?
Speaker 5: Well, that's that's a big question, the big question. But it is basically because Western medicine has fallen down.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know, when I was a kid, you had a general practitioner and you went there and he knew all about you. He knew about stomachs and headaches and appendices, appendicitis and all that, whereas today medicine has become very specialized. I remember when I was dating the doctor back in the eighties, they a bunch of doctors said, Hey, these HMOs are going to come in and they're going to present this thing about doing HMOs and to the American Medical Association. We're not good in business. Can you come down and talk for us? And I did, and I started asking a lot of questions. And when the doctors asked me, I said, don't do it. I said, you're going to lose all your autonomy of medicine, and everything is going to be from an insurance based standard, and medicine is going to slip. I don't have a lot of say in the national things, and so therefore, basically it's too expensive for people. The insurance companies do not cover things. And back in the day when this started to get crazy, people started to say, I can't pay for this, and they started looking at other alternatives, and so that's what they did, and they found that natural medicine worked, and so there was a big pull about going, you know, going towards natural medicine, and the pharmaceutical companies didn't like that, and so they went in and tried to put in a lot of legislation to stop home homeopathy and all that, and they couldn't do it. So they went in and they bought the companies, which is why my partner and I got out of business. We couldn't compete with large companies. And then the big pharma would come in and they would put in, in some cases not all, but most they would put in synthetic vitamins like synthetic ease and synthetic SE's that don't work the same. And so people got discouraged and not being able to heal, and the insurance companies not paying for things and waiting six weeks. They would say, Okay, if you have to go to get a test, you have to wait six weeks. Now, my daughter had some kind of thing and she goes to Western Medicine and they said, you can't get tested for these allergies for six months. What she's paying two thousand dollars a month for a family plan and you have to wait six months? And I said stop. So I said, what's going on here? Take this, Take this, Take this. Six weeks later she went. She went for the test and she was allergic to dust or whatever. But they couldn't do a test like that. There's easy ways to find out if you're allergic to something, especially a food. You just eat the food. You take your your blood pressure, you know, at a standing rate when you get up in the morning, and just like you used to do in aerobics, and then you eat just that specific food and wait twenty minutes. If you then take your blood pressure again, if you blood pressure races, you probably allergic to that food. And here's the funny thing is that you can be allergic to a food for one month, but you may not be allergic to that food three months later. So you have to make sure that you're watching what you're eating and how you're doing it, and being very cognizant of your health and what is inside of you, and you are your own best doctor. That doctor doesn't know. I mean, they make vitamins for one hundred and seventy pound mail the average. So if you're a young, petite girl at five for two weigh one hundred pounds, you should not be taking the dosages on that bottle. And a lot of times, like even the vaccines and stuff, they use those big dosages for babies and it doesn't make any sense. So Western medicine is could do better. And if they did, there's a lot of things that Western medicine can do. Diagnostics in this country unbelievable. I would go to a Western doctor to find out what was wrong with me. Would I use them for the thing? Personally? Not me, but but you know, but if I had a broken bone, I would go there. They're doing great things with sight and things that maybe you know, there's certain things that you really can handle with natural medicine that I've found and I maybe it's different now, but schizophrenia is one and bipolar is another. And so sometimes you do need some medical drug somehow. There are ways to do it, but it's not stable and it may cause more harm in a life than taking the drug. But in very rare cases is that true. So, but there's room for everything, there's room for not You know, in France, it's really interesting. You go and to the doctor and in France they say, okay, well you have this. Do you want to take a drug or would you like the herb's natural way of doing it? So other countries give you a choice. America doesn't. And unfortunately, our healthcare is most expensive and we are one of the sickest nations.
Speaker 4: Right, that's true.
Speaker 2: Our guest Linda McKenzie. Linda McKenzie, author of Help Yourself Here Now your Remedies. So, Linda, how can listeners here's to your health contact you directly to speak with you? And as I understand that, also, you have your own wellness radio network and which I would like you to mention, so please tell us how we can listen to your network and how we can contact you directly.
Speaker 5: Well, then I'm very proud of that because that's I stopped the vitamin company and when we were you know, we had to stop it because of the big pharma. So I started Healthylife dot net all positive Talk Radio ninety in two thousand and two, and we became twenty four to seven and we did podcasts on demand and live since two thousand and two. So I was a pioneer in that way. I had also been data cam engineer for eighteen years and then and designing networks you know, air to ground radio and all sorts of stuff and satellite networks and stuff, and actually helped with AI back in the eighties with the generals in the Air Force told me, you know you're a woman. We can't put you there, we can't say anything about you. I said, hey, eat the lasagna. I'm Italian, eat the lasagna. Go and help the country, but don't misuse this. And they didn't listen to me. But anyway, that's beside the point. So anyway, so they can get me at so I started the network we are now because the search engines have now stopped putting out information. You can't get information on natural health anymore, which is another reason I wrote this book. And so in the back of the book, I have one hundred websites that people can go to the botanical societies and so they can get quality information. Unless you know the website, you won't get it. So you can reach me by Linda at Lynda McKenzie dot net. You can also listen to the radio, which goes to one hundred and seventy seven million listeners. Because they've stopped Natural Health, we've been seeing a big increase on that and so almost it was a sixty two percent increase last year, thirty seven percent since the beginning of this year more. And it's because we're the only station. We do no Western medicine, only natural health.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, our guess is Lynda McKenzie. So what these numbers you just mentioned, So you're saying, what the listenership in healthy your in radio network has increased sixty seven percent last year alone.
Speaker 5: Yes, because they can't get any information. The reason is because every single one of these search engines, and you have to imagine that Amazon runs all the cable for a lot of Internet stations and governments and all sorts of stuff, and so they have taken that away and so there's no place for people to get this information.
Speaker 2: Now, right right, Linda McKenzie, author of Help Yourself Here with Natural Remedies, Linda, this is really quite remarkable, and once again, do me if i've it gives your contact information. Once again for listeners who are just busy getting out of their car, are going to go shopping. Where can we contact you again?
Speaker 5: You can contact me by email at Linda at Linda McKenzie dot net. That's my website. You can listen or at healthy life dot net is the radio network, and you listen straight from there. You don't there's no apps. I wanted everything simple. You just go and point and click and there you have it, you know, So you can reach me there and at Linda McKenzie dot net. There's a plusor of ways to reach me and what I do and my lectures and all the things that I do right there.
Speaker 2: And Linda, you mentioned in passing that you said you're seventy seven years of age.
Speaker 5: I'll be seventy seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, you're certainly very energetic, and frankly, you're a good advertisement. When you take care of yourself. The payback is you have a powerful body. So seven days a week you can work and play tennis and play golf and garden and enjoy yourself as opposed to other people our age. I'm kind of your age who really nice people. They're not abusive of themselves, but nor are they good with themselves. And all they can do is stay home and watch TV because they don't feel well and they don't know what to do about it. It's really gotta touch you with it. It's very nice to work with people who really have such a long track record, such as yourself, who actually, again seems so very energetic and vital, because really that is the reason you're doing this. You're not denying yourself anything. What you're getting is a powerful body. So seven days a week you can run hard, well, maybe six days a week and one day your rest. This is the value of taking care of yourself. Linda mackenzie do me favor once again. How can listeners here's to your health contact you directly?
Speaker 5: They can reach me at by email from at Linda at lyndamckenzie dot net, or go to my website and my telephone information is there. I want to say, Joshua, thank you for helping to keep health alive for all these years. You're an important part of this and we have to keep this strong. We have to keep it strong because we want to help people.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes we do. And also because we're also stubborn. We know these ideas worked. And you get tired of people patting you on the head thinking, oh my god, you poor dear you just are so dopey, and I've always been resentful of that. And it's nice and that now, for whatever reason or combination of reasons, more and more Americans are now paying attention. That's delightful. I'm thrilled. Our guest has been Linda McKenzie. Linda mackenzie author of Help Yourself Here with Natural Remedies. Linda has a long track record of helping people and again her book is help Yourself Here with Natural Remedies, and you can get that everywhere. This is Josh Lane. You're listening to hear's to your Health. We'll take a short break and we will be right back after these important messages.
Speaker 8: The Latest from the Greatest, the best and new music by classic rockers, with your host, the Insane Daryl Wayne.
Speaker 1: This is Alice Cooper.
Speaker 7: And if Daryl Wayne is insane, what does that make mean criminally insane?
Speaker 8: Stick around to find out.
Speaker 9: Many of the artist interviews from the Latest from the Greatest have been captured on audio book. There is a volume one and volume two. Great information and conversations with people in the industry and people surrounded by the industry, and of course the rock stars themselves.
Speaker 10: I'm the revenue greed and you're listening to the insane Daryl Wayne. And I said, Wayne insane.
Speaker 9: You can find it on Amazon or Blackstone Audio. Search for the latest from the Greatest from Daryl Wayne. D A R R E L l w A Yne. Hello, this is weird all Yankovic, And you're listening to the insane darl Wayne.
Speaker 2: Aren't you?
Speaker 6: Friends?
Speaker 7: Say goodbye to rough, dry and troubled skin. Even acne scars vague with Allo Life. Skin Jel by Allo Life not over process, so look for the dark yellow color like the ancients wrote about that gets to work fast in five minutes to forty five days. Skin Jel for more beautiful skin by Alolife. Call eight hundred four one four Aloe. That's eight hundred four one four Alo an a plus better business bureau company skin Jell available at Whole Foods, Clarks, Natural Grocers, other quality stores plus Allolife dot com eight hundred four one four alo.
Speaker 6: That's eight hundred four one four a l Oe Alolife ala Vera.
Speaker 7: For you eight hundred four one four Aloe. Do something good for yourself. Zoom into the new year. Leaders in health Products since nineteen ninety one, Alo life for a healthy your life.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to the show. If you have suggestions for guests or topics you would like to hear, please email me at Josh Lane Wellness at gmail dot com. That's Josh Lane Wellness at gmail dot com.
Speaker 5: J O.
Speaker 2: S H L a n E. Wellness at gmail dot com. On behalf of the cast and crew. I would like to wish you a healthy and safe good evening.