Speaker 1: Time is here.
Speaker 2: No time to fear. Corilla is so near because show time is here. So on with the show. Let's give it a go.
Speaker 3: Carrilla is the one.
Speaker 2: That you need to know.
Speaker 3: Now. It's show sign.
Speaker 1: All right, in just sixty seconds. The most fabulous, I mean he's really something the best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, Bigley, and he's funny, this guy. Have you heard him. Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere. He's almost here. I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay because I mean, he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 3: Side all right, the world has a new pope. Who is it? And what is his stance on the issues? We'll talk about that. And you know, there's a lot of rules that your parents or grandparents might have taught you that you ignore. And there's a story out of the news that says we shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Uncensored, unfiltered, unhinged.
Speaker 3: He's the Coral Cast.
Speaker 2: Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 3: There's a tornado. It is the Coral Cast. I am carrel'silvery glad you're joining me. Thursday, May eighth, there's a tornado. There's a new pope now in that city, the one inside the Vatican sopriety. Who is he? Well, he's named Provost. He's from America. America finally gets a pope. Other countries have had people be popes, Italy, Argentina, all over America now gets a pope. There's an American pope. What does that mean to me? It means absolutely nothing. To a billion plus Catholics, it means that there might be a new direction for their church. I think my views on the Catholic Church are well known. I think they're the largest child rape ring in the world. I think they're antiquated. I think if you're a member, you should find a new religion. You can believe in God. You don't have to be a member of that church. That being said, this is important to a billion people and good for them. They get a pope from Chicago is where he is from. Is he a conservative? Is he a liberal? Well, he worked with Pope Francis, and Pope Francis was for a pope pretty liberal, which is like saying a drop of water to an ant is like an ocean. But whatever, and so we'll see how it goes. He's sixty nine years old. Do't probably be dropping dead in the next five years. That's good. I wish we would do that with our presidents. Uh, but there we have it. Congratulations, I guess do you congratulate the pope? Congratulations to his highness, his royal highness or whatever you call them, Pope prevost. We don't know what name he's gonna take yet. They'll tell us. Will he be Pope Ignacious or Francis or what? Who will he be? Uh? Will he Because it's just like Hollywood. They get elected and they change their names. Uh you know, So that's that's really help to hope. Is a pope is ultimately just the ultimate casting, right, It's like, who are we gonna cast as the leader of our church? So they cast this guy from Chicago and American. Maybe he's a mobster. Maybe it's gonna be like, I run this church. You want you want a piece of me? You're talking to me? Uh, so maybe he'll be a mobster pope who can say? Uh. But while they don't have much political power in the world, they have been known to shape political decisions from various leaders. To say a pope is irrelevant would be naive. I would like the pope to be irrelevant irrelevant in twenty twenty five. And many of you really enjoyed yesterday's show when I said, you know what century are we in? Because when I laid out things like the conclave and this whole white smoke, black smoke, and now the pope goes into a special room and puts on special clothing, and you know, where's all of this pageantry in twenty twenty five? You know when I brought all that up, You're like, oh my god, I never really thought of it that way. You know, we're still having decisions made for us in politics by people who worship, you know, an imaginary person in the sky in twenty twenty five. But we are hello to everyone in the chat room at really at either Reallycorrell dot com or YouTube dot com forward slash Really Corell, And of course thank you to all the patron out there. I appreciate your donations every month in the chat room. It's the first American pope. Yes, we don't know if he's a MAGA or Trump supporter. Oh he's gonna be called Pope Leo the fourteenth. Is that that's who he's taking? Okay, Pope Leo eh Leo, See it sounds like an American pope. Pope Leo eh Let's invite him over for some pizza. I got a oony, We'll make some pizza for Pope Leo the fourteenth. What were the other thirteen like? By the way, who were the other thirteen? I need to know. If Pope Leo is Leo the fourteenth, what were the other thirteen like? And why did he choose lead eh Leo pop O Lio? I shouldn't make pope jokes. I'm sorry, but at least I'm not making them about a dead pope. He's alive, so I've learned I have some class. Pop Olio Popolio the thirteen fourteenth? Hey, well your thirteen predecessors, Pope Leo?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Anyway, you know, I find it all amusing.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: It's just it's pomp and circumstance, and I love you know. Hey, I'm a queen. I love pomp and circumstance. Who doesn't even the song? Don don't you know? Bet you didn't know that was named pomp and Circumstance. But anyway, so we have a new pope, Pope Leo, the fourteen pop Leo. Uh so we'll you know, I was thought, dua lipa is what an Italian says in a dance class. Hey you dua lipa? And now she's a pop star. I just du a lipa. Anyway, we could talk Benson Boone today if you like. Uh No, what we're gonna talk about first is a story that's trending number one at People magazine, number one at USA today and I saw on my social media feed quite a bit before we do. Though. Congrats to DJ Valentino Rose my friend Steve Cabral. He did an event at the Neon Museum last night Ember and I went, uh and it was great. It was great fun. I ended up being his hype man. I have to say that was you know, I'm not doing an honest talk show today. I'm not because what I was going to start with is that I wish host were more personal. Now you think a lot of them are, but they're not. Really. They're very guarded a lot of them about their very very personal information. Oh they might tell you how they're feeling that day or whatever, but they're not going to tell you the minutia of their lives. But I think it's from that minutia of a host that you can learn something I do. For instance, last night, when they came up and said, oh, we didn't know he had a wingman, you know, who are you. I'm used to going to events like last night and being the person from the radio station at the event, or you know, or the singer or whatever. I'm used to people knowing who I am and many of them being there to see me. So last night it was very humbling when they thought I was there to work for Steve and they had no clue who I was. So you know, how the mighty have fallen, some would say. And you know, of course, nowadays Ariana Gron could walk into some rooms and people wouldn't know who she is. And that coupled with last week, I asked you all if I should keep my car or not. Two days ago I went to get it smogged. It didn't pass. I brought it to an affordable garage and it's seven hundred and eighty three dollars to fix the car, plus the one forty for the registration, plus thirty for smog, nine hundred bucks. I don't have nine hundred bucks, it's going to go on a charge card. And in the last month, because of the thousand dollar HOA assessment, the two trips to California, I have charged five thousand dollars on my charge card and I don't see Today we're talking about lessons your mom and dad taught you as it relates to things in the world, like this number one news story on People magazine. Well, my mom and dad taught me, if you can't pay the credit card the next month, don't charge it because you're living above your means. So I try to pay them my credit cards every month. Well, I can't pay this five thousand dollars next month, and that has me really bummed out. I am in debt, and that has me really like sad. And now I thought I should get the car back and just sell it and then pay off the credit card, you know, sell it for two grand and repay the credit card. And that's that's what's on my mind. And I know in your world you're having to make these kind of decisions too. I know some of you are carrying more credit card debt than you normally do. I know some of you know I don't like it. I don't like this feeling. And I know you all will go get a job whatever I am on disability. If I make more than a thousand dollars a month, I get cut off. So the job I would get would have to be a high you know, five grand a month's job or more to survive. And there just aren't those. They're not out there, not an entertainment. So I feel trapped in today's economy and I don't like that. But my mama did tell me to pay off my bills every month. She also told me a few other things that we should start listening to, and that relates to the number one story in the news outside of Pope ld Orte. And I'll tell you about that story when we come back. It's a very bad way. It's tragic. I read it in my heart. I want to support the Corell cast. Then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the Really Correll channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, that's kr e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 2: If you're not visiting really Corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrell dot com.
Speaker 3: Sounds like someone you'd go have a drink with. Right, Hey, it's pop Leo. Eh, bob Leo, I mean Jean Paul Francis, which my confirmation name is Francis, by the way, after Saint Francis of ASSISI but Poplio sounds like someone. Eh, let's get bob Leo and go to the pub. Anyway. So there's a story age number one on People magazine. It's it's all over social media. Uh, And I just kept thinking, you know, we do so many things today that our parents told us not to do. I guess because we think their logic was old or antiquated, or you know, that's just not in tune with the times. And yet some of this becomes tried and true. I've always amazed. We were told don't get in cars with strangers. Okay, we were told that do not get in a car with a stranger. Now we actually call strangers to our home and get in their cars. And it hasn't ended well for many people. There's a lot of crime on uber and lyft, people getting robbed, people have gotten killed, people have gotten kidnapped. Why because you are calling a stranger to your house and getting in their car, and you trust that uber or Lyft has vetted them. And maybe they have. But what is the driver going to tell uber or a Lyft, I'm a serial killer. I've got eighteen people locked in my basement. I don't think that's something you share on a job application. I don't think Jeffrey Dahmer told his boss that he'd like to make lunch out of him. You know so, I really believe that, you know it is dangerous to do these things. The other thing that we do that is really dangerous, and I can attest to this because I've never done it. Let me tell you something really honest. I haven't had sex in years, years, like actual full on in the bed with a guy sex. Why because I will not go on an app start talking to a guy and then arrange a meeting with this person. Hey, you don't know if that's them in the picture. Okay. I have literally had people that wanted to meet me and I said, do me a favor, take a photo of yourself holding something or in front of a computer screen that shows it's today, and send me that photo. About eighty percent of the people refuse to do that, Like why why would I do that? So I can verify your who you say you are. So you know, I get people that slide into my DMS on TikTok or on Instagram and they're handsome men and they're like, hey, how are you. I'd like to get to know you, blah blah blah. I always ignore them, always, And here's why. The number one story at People today is about a young black single father. This guy, by all accounts, was a responsible human being, taking good care of his kid, you know, doing what a dad needs to do. And this woman slid into his DMS direct messages and they started talking and they arranged a meetup. The next thing that happened, we don't know what happened. I mean, we know that he went to the meetup, but the next thing that happened was he was found dead in a pool of blood. Now they have caught these catfishers and it was part of a robbery scheme. When I used to go to Kgo in San Francisco, I would open up like an app like Scruff, and I would see people like down in Union Square on the app, and what they would do, and this was for real, I documented it. They would put a fake picture on like Grinder or scruff, sit in Union Square and find people in the hotels that are looking for sex on Grinder. They would then go to their rooms and rob them, and many went unreported because the people felt stupid or you know, they want to tell the police they're meeting up on grinder or whatever. And so this guy, you know, thought he was getting to know this person over social media. I never trust that you don't know who they are. They can purport to be anybody, you know, anybody, and in this case they were. My parents told me, don't get in the car with strangers, don't take something from a stranger, don't talk, you know, with strangers at great length, you know, like go and meet one. So I don't. And it's this very story, this very one that has made it so I do not not to mention COVID, monkey pox, all these other things. You don't know what they're bringing into your world. Now here's let me tell you something else that happened. So I have this app called Scruff. I have never met anybody on it. I've never gone and had sex from it. But I it's like a game for me. I log on and see what game nner in my neighborhood or around me, and sometimes I say high or whatever, but I've never met them. Well, this gentleman barked at me. It's called a wolf and he's handsome. And I was like, oh, well, hello, how are you? And he's like, oh, hello, fine, you know. And I'll chat back and forth with him, even if, you know, just like a cat choy sort of thing. And in doing so, I saw that he was like eighty feet away, because it tells you where that people are. And I'm like, oh, my goodness, are you like downstairs or like? And then he said, oh, I'm helping a friend clean out an apartment. I said, you're not friends with Irma, are you. He goes, yes, Irma's niece. Her father is my friend. Well suddenly there's a connection. I know Irma and I know Destiny. I said, well, Destiny just left. He goes, yeah, Destiny kit So he knew Destiny. So suddenly I did not feel weird going down to Irma's and saying hello to this gentleman. So I did. And now he's come up and borrowed a drill, and he gave me a chair from Irma's that I needed for my TV room and said, oh, just take it, and you know, and so for the last couple of days he's been here, we've been talking. Now I don't think any you know, sexual sparks are flying or anything. But that was a different scenario. He immediately mentioned somebody that I knew, and he knew the names of the people like Destiny and the you know, Irma's son and all of this, so there was a connection. He wasn't a quote stranger then. And his friends were there with him. Yesterday, one was in radio. I asked her if she worked at Motown. She said yeah. I said, do you know Mark Keene? She goes, yes, I know Mark Keene. I look, so I actually know people that his friends know. So that's different. That's a different case scenario. But just trusting someone and showing up, you need to show up with a friend, you know, we need to go back to that kind of stuff. If you're gonna meet someone that you've never met before, make it in a very public place, make it have a friend, go with you, have a friend, call you, have a friend on video chat while you're you know, protect yourself, do what your parents told you to do. Because guess what those things still work. And I know a lot of you think that our parents were just overly paranoid or whatever. They weren't. Our parents are the ones that let us go out and play till it got dark where they couldn't trace us because there was no cell phones or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That's why they gave us these rules, because they wanted us to be able to go out into the world and be safe. Nowadays, kids think what they see online is real. And when I say kids, I mean people in their twenties and they see stuff online and they think, oh, well, this must be real. It's not. You don't know. And this poor guy has ended up dead. Single father just wanted to go on a date. What happened. He got scammed and he got killed. It's a sad story, but it's one we should all learn from, you know, even seniors. There's all these senior apps and senior dating apps and everything else. You don't know who you're gonna be, So safeguards yourself, protect yourself. Come fast. That's entertainment and talking to take it off the sercy and we wis don't go.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 3: Let me check the chat hope Leo ahead fall he would like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corel Cast, then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash, really Correl. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show to Patreon at Patreon dot com, forward slass, really Correl. Thanks from thirty years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. Hey pope Leo, you like the white sucks? Hey pop Leo, who you want to win the Super Bowl? We got an American pope, Pope Leo the third fourteen. We'll see how that pans out. So in the chatroom at YouTube dot com forward asually Carrel, someone said, I wonder if taxis are safer than Uber or Lyft. I believe they are because those drivers are licensed. Now, looked, there's been we all know the stories of the taxi drivers that chop up people, and we all know this. Okay, there's gonna be that story out of everything. But I think there's less from you know, And the same with why can't you go meet someone in person if you want to date? There's speed dating where you go and you sit in the person's across from you, and that, you know, meeting someone online is so risky, and yet seventy percent of single people use online services to meet people. Steve has a friend Jen. She's online dating now and she's met five guys in the last three weeks. What a brave woman, I mean, really, what a brave woman. I would not I wouldn't do it. Maybe I'm paranoid. Maybe we need to disregard what our parents told us. Maybe it is old, but I'll tell you this. They stayed alive, all right, entertainment wise, we're going to talk entertainment all sell food. You know a lot of you. I read a lot of news, and there's a lot of stories out today about some foods you probably shouldn't be eating because of what Trump and RFK and others are doing to our food monitoring systems. Food safety in America is almost done. They fired inspectors, they fired so basically we're on our own. And when you think of food and getting sick, you often think of meat, bad meat, spoiled meat, contaminated meat. The truth is the culprit that you need to avoid right now. Bagged produce, stop buying bags of salad, kids, romain, lettuce, greens, spinach in the bag because there's poop, not pope, but poop, and not papal poop, just poop. And the poop comes from the grower, from the people who are picking it. There's a hepatitis a outbreak in California right now that is very often food born because someone poops and handles food, and so bagged produce stay away, given that there's hardly any oversight.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: If you want romain lettuce, buy ahead of lettuce and wash it thoroughly. Yourself. Bagged produce bad, don't do it. You heard about the packages of tomatoes just last week. They were called vine ripe and tomatoes four to a package, and they had salmonilla or e coli. One of the two people were getting sick, and it's gonna get worse. So protect yourself by not showing up for someone online and a DM and protect yourself by not eating bagged produce. Right now. I know it's easier. I know it comes in handy. No, you want spinach, buy a bunch of spinach. Soak it, wash it, do your thing, all right? Well, John Void met with Orangina and suddenly, oh, we're gonna put a tariffun movies. And now that Trump is coming to some agreement with the UK on tariffs and maybe Canada, the film tariff is still one that's already up in the air. And whereas it's about my entertainment on Thursday, I like to talk to little entertainment. I started thinking about why that's a bad idea, but more importantly, how we are schizophrenic when it comes to entertainment. A. We don't think making movies is a real profession. You would never let if your kid said I want to be a filmmaker. You would discourage them, and maybe rightfully so, but you would if your kid says they want to be an artist, most of you would say, well, you got to have something to fall back on. We have never valued the arts. We've taken music out of schools, you know, we've never valued them, and yet there's such an important part of our life. So we are very schizophrenic about that. So Gavin Newsimmons is asking for a bigger tax credit to keep production in the United States but mainly in California, And I thought to myself, well, that ends up costing the taxpayers money. Is that a good thing? And the answer, of course is yes it is. But let me tell you what I would do instead of a tax credit. Most other countries, Ireland, Canada, other civilized nations have a film board that helps finance movies. But they also get a piece of the movie. So you go to the film board and you say, I'm doing this movie. You know, here's the script, and I need you know, a million dollars or whatever it might be. And if you get approved, the Film Board of Canada or Ireland or whatever gives you that money. But if your movie's a hit, they get money back. For instance, there's a show out of Argentina right now called etern Anot or Eterno et Er and aut Eternot, and it's about apocalypse and stuff falling from the sky and this guy walking around in a gas mask trying to help people. And it's been number one on Netflix now for several weeks and it has actually bolstered the economy of I believe Argentina by forty million dollars because they had a piece of it. And so I really think that we shouldn't just issue tax credits, or I think we should help movies get funded but keep a piece of it. Imagine if we had a piece of the Marvel movies, we could be putting a lot of money in our coffers in the United States. If we actually got into the movie business. The danger the government would approve the messages that can't be, that can't happen. But if we could find a way to not censor things and finance films through government spending, I'd rather cut defense spending a little bit and fund movies. And they would have to be independent films under ten million dollars, and we'd have to get a piece of them on the back end, and then not only would the money be well invested, but in perpetuity, the film board would get money back. So there are ways for the people, we the people, and the government to get involved in the movie industry, not just tax credits, because those are really weird the way they work and people sell them, and it's just it's kind of weird. It's very very weird. So we'll, you know, we'll see how it turns out if Gavin gets his tax breaks or you know, Trump it's continuing to push to try to keep the American movie system going. You know, it's also messed up. I have so many friends and entertainment and it's just all you can't get anything made these days. You know, no studio is dishing out money. I have several shows I would love to get made, but I can't produce them. I can't, you know, find the money. And you know, we often to produce movies now and TV shows. They take a lot of foreign money, a lot of Chinese, Japanese, Saudi. Speaking of Saudi, Disney is opening. They announced a Disneyland in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates, and I sat with my mouth open going, how is Disney going to open a park in Abu Dhabi without gay people? Because, let's be real, the gays run Disney, and I thought, you can't be gay in Abu Dhabi. It's punishable by death. So I thought, how are they going to have a Disneyland with no gays? Can you imagine a non gay Disneyland? No gay characters, no gay employees, no gay people in management? How is that even gonna happen? And Disney is so LGBTQ friendly, why would they open in a country we're being gay? Is illegal? Really odd? All right, we'll see you on Monday. I am Krell. Be who you want to be, fun to hurt anybody. Have a grand and glorious weekend. Leave your comments down below. Don't forget to stream Correll. Do you want to funk on all people services? Heyril, do you want to fund thank you patrons for patreon dot com? And yes, Norm Kapper, let's meet up, Come on, let's do it. All right, we'll be back on Monday.
Speaker 2: It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours. Listen daily to the Corell cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours. Listen daily to the corell cast on your favorite streaming service.