Speaker 1: Open the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: The games Mike the Bulldog beyond You Jr. Alright forty one yard attempts snapping holder good. The Texas Notre Dame has won the Orange Ball and Marcus Freeman is taking now to the championship game.
Speaker 3: Onney seven, running four, Notre Dame is going to the Ships Bulldog Notre.
Speaker 2: Dame going to the national Championship game against either Texas or Ohio State, who plays tonight. Notre Dame beats Penn State. Wow. Bad interception by Penn State quarterback Drew aller Right at the end of the game through an ill advised pass in the middle of the field at the Penn State forty two, just thirty three seconds left in the game. At that point, you think it's either gonna be a tie and go into overtime or Penn State's gonna drive down and maybe kick a game winning field goal to their own. But the interception, Notre Dame drives nineteen yards and they kicked the game winning field goal for the twenty seven to twenty four victory. Man I felt bad for James Franklin. He's gonna get skewered again because he's I think his record now is one in fourteen against ap top five teams, four and twenty against top ten teams.
Speaker 3: That wasn't his fault.
Speaker 2: I mean he was in position to win the game and his quarterback just through Ilevi's pass, and that was the difference in the game. Notre Dames quarterback Riley Leonard. I mean that guy was clutch. He shook off a late hit in the second quarter, was sent to the medical tent for a you know, concussion check, comes back in and makes some big plays down the stretch, and that, to me, that was the difference in the game.
Speaker 1: You said you feel bad for him, but at the end of the game, numbers are numbers because down that's what people are there are. Unfortunately, they'll remember that. Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Are what your record says you are, as Bill Parcells once said, and his record gets top five teams.
Speaker 3: May fifteenth game tonight. Do we have a close affair or is this going to be a blowout?
Speaker 2: Well, Texas's defense was one of the top defenses in the country all season long, but they've been very porous in the in the playoffs. If they let Ohio State get rolling I mean, Ohio State's got the most talented roster in the country, so it could be a blowout. But I think it's going to be a close game. I think Texas is. I think Texas's defense is going to rise up and do something in tonight's game. Carry that sec torch if you will. By the way, if Ohio State does win tonight, it'll be the first time in thirty years since Nebraska won back to back titles back in like the mid nineties. First time in thirty years we've had a non Sun Belt team win the national championship two years in a row. Of course, Michigan won it last year and if if Ohio State WEDNESA night, it will be either Ohio State or Notre Dame that went it UH this year, so that hasn't again. That just shows you the dominance of teams in the South over the years. But this, you know, two years in a row.
Speaker 3: Talking yesterday with the title six.
Speaker 2: I missed that story. What happened?
Speaker 3: The breaks have been put on that. As far as the men and women's sports.
Speaker 2: You're talking about Title nine.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Title ninety. Yes, he was getting excited for the weekend with six. Roman numerals bulldog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was wondering what you were talking about.
Speaker 2: Title. Yeah, that's okay. Yeah, that that was a could be a groundbreaking rulely, So we'll see what happens with that. Speaking of college football, do you see this story Carson Back, the starting quarterback at Georgia. He was expected to go into the NFL Draft, but he's going into the transfer portal instead. So he was hurt in the SEC championship game, hurt his elbow, had to have surgery. He didn't know where he's gonna get drafted because of that, and now he's going into the portal instead of coming back to Georgia. I'm thinking Georgia said, yeah, we've got somebody in the wings here, why don't you transit.
Speaker 3: Any rumors they saw him up in the club in South Beach last night.
Speaker 2: Well that's the rumor of where he's gonna go, Miami, So huh, we'll see what happens there. Magic. Last night they lose to the Minnesota Timberwolves, but tonight the Cavalry returns Pallo Banco, expected to make his long awaited return to the lineup tonight against the Milwaukee Bucks. Hopefully the Magic can win that game and get back on a roll here because they were they started season ten and oh at home. I think they're like three and six in their last nine home games, So.
Speaker 3: Give them time. Lightning for to one winners last night over Boston, and then we've got NFL wild Card weekend is here. Doggy cannot wait. Love it. Well.
Speaker 2: The big game in the state of Florida, of course, the Commanders at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Buccaneers favored by three, should be a good game though. I mean, Jayden Daniels, the rookie quarterback of the Commanders, really good, gonna be the rookie of the year. Baker Mayfield of course having a career year as well, so that could be a high scoring affair. Looking forward to that one.
Speaker 1: You heard, by the way, you heard me knocking on wood, guys, I'm hoping for the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Rams game against the Vikings has been moved out of LA because of the wildfires. That game's Monday night. It's been moved to Arizona.
Speaker 3: How does that work? If you're if you're a fan who had tickets to that in LA, how's that work?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think you're a fan of l A. You're worried about your neighbors and stuff. Probably right.
Speaker 2: Speaking of l A, the Lakers game was canceled last night. JJ Reddick, the coach of the Lakers, his house burned down in the fires. So sad. JJ obviously former Magic player, So our prayers go out to them. Other big game? What what get? What playoff game besides the Bucks? Are you guys most looking forward to? God Pittsburgh and Baltimore? Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh's sort of limping.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, once you get to the playoffs, there's a different mindset and you know, anything can happen.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pick an up set here. I'm gonna pick an up set.
Speaker 1: Let me guess you're gonna I think the Broncos are gonna go into Buffalo and when that game.
Speaker 3: I don't even say that. Is that a dog bite?
Speaker 2: That's a bulldog by bow Nicks playing like a ten year veteran even though he's a rookie. Give me the Broncos to beat the Bills. Broncos defense is stout, their offense is coming on. Watch out for the Broncos.
Speaker 3: What time is that game?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 3: That's that's the early one on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm glad it's the early one.
Speaker 3: Hey, quick story for you guys.
Speaker 1: I didn't get to tell you yesterday when I was about to, you know, wreck my underpants.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: I'm at the gym the other day, dog, and somebody's sitting next to me and sitting there on the yoga mat, and I go, man, she looks familiar.
Speaker 3: Guess who it was.
Speaker 1: Don't say what, Jim by the way, Uh Marta, Marta. Yeah, by the way, Marta just signed a two year extension. And I wish it would have known then because I would have said, hey, good to see you, congratulations. But now is pretty cool experience. And then they go, wow, that was Marta. I just couldn't put the face there.
Speaker 2: The greatest woman's soccer player of all time was right there, right there.
Speaker 3: You should have tried out some of your Spanish or does she speak Portuguese? Portuguese's Brazilian. Yeah, all right. Mike the Bulldog Bianchy, host of Open Mic on AMSUM forty and FM ninety six to ninety game, thank you for taking time out of your show every morning to join us here on JRR for this sports page. Give us that big old bulldog mark to get us into the weekend oh.
Speaker 2: Oh M demand. Download the iHeartRadio app, safe Touch