Speaker 1: It's nice with Dan Ray.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you easy Boston Radio. All right, now we have all that figured out. Everything's fine. The grim Wins are giving Rob a little bit of a hard time tonight. It's okay, Rob, don't worry. You'll win. You'll win eventually. Well, what happened while I was away? I was away for a couple of days last week and a couple of days this week. Took the holiday of Monday and built a little bit of a mini getaway vacation, which I'm very happy to do, and again want to thank Gary Tangway and Morgan White for sitting in for me. But of course, what I did miss was some of the excitement surrounding the inauguration, and as a result, I'd like to catch up with that with all of you this evening, because it was a really interesting day from a lot of different perspectives, not the least of which was We've had a change of administrations which are dramatic, and I think that, as I've said, the last four years of the Biden administration was a failure. It was a failure on a number of levels. The former president said that he would unite the country. He didn't he did incredible damage to the Democratic Party, and I think the Democratic Party is going to take some time to recover. I think that the pardons that Joe Biden issued to individuals who said they had done nothing wrong. I realized that the pardons were intended to be prophylactic, but I don't know that I would have wanted a pardon if I was doctor Fauci, or if I was General Miley, or if I was even a member of the Biden family, because because once you've been given a pardon, you have lost your right, at least in front of Congress, to your Fifth Amendment rights to refuse to answer questions. So I don't know that Biden did his family a favor. He had pardoned his son. Biden did not pardon himself, from what I could read, and if I mean correct on that, I always stand to be corrected. But he did pardon relatives. He didn't pardon Jill Biden, his wife, who did nothing but stand by him politically loyally, And some suggest that that is what might have inspired Donald Trump to issue the pardons to everyone who, as Trump referred to them as the j six hostages, or President Trump referred to as the j six hostages. I must tell you I've labeled this hour the Executive President Trump's executive pardons, the good, the bad, and the questionable, and the questionable Here certainly is the pardon of everyone who was involved in January sixth. Now, were there some people who were charged in January sixth of the fifteen hundred who might have been there, didn't realize what was going on, saw that there were doors were opened, they were not guarded by Capitol police officers, and decided to walk in and see what's going on shore. However, there should not have been pardons for those who who engaged in violence against police officers, who hit them with baseball bats, who struck them with head over the heads with two by fours or with picket signs, who smashed windows, broke down doors, invaded you know, sacred spaces to which they had no right to invade, you know, sat in people's desks, which they had no right to do. And I think the President has a lot of political capital to deal with right now. But I think that's a waste of political capital. As late as last week, Vice President Vance had said there should not be pardons for individuals who engaged in any sort of violence against police officers, and why why he would pardon the head of the Proud Boys or the You know, these should all be looked at very carefully on a case by case basis. He had plenty of time to look at these on a case by case basis, but he was intent. He was intent on doing this. And now he has been having his conversations with reporters and he does this. He does this sort of well what about the other side, and well, here's here's one. I've got a couple of sound bites here which I'm going to play, which is very typical of Donald Trump. But I just think this is a huge mistake on his part. This is like leading in the football game twenty one to nothing and unnecessarily fumbling. This is an unforced error, in my opinion, and it will come back to haunt him because I suspect that some of these individuals might engage and might feel liberated and engage in other activities. So let me go to cut one. This is a reporter asking him about a specific pardon that I suspect the president really doesn't know too much about. But he immediately goes to what's going on in other cities. This is cut number one. This is this is classic Donald Trump, all of those Rodriguez, he drove a stun gun into the neck of a DC police officer who was adopted by the mom that day. He later confessed on the video of the FBI and pleaded guilty for his crimes. Why does he deserve.
Speaker 3: A part Well, I don't know, is it a parton because we're looking at commutes and we're looking at pardons.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, we'll take a look at everything.
Speaker 3: But I can say this, murderers today are not even charged. You have murderers that aren't charged all over you. Take a look at what's gone on in Philadelphia, take a look, go what's gone off in LA where people murder people and they don't get charged. These people have already served years in prison, and they've served them viciously. It's a disgusting prison. It's been horrible, it's in humane. It's been a terrible, terrible thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again, it's not responsive to the question. Cut one A is also not responsive to the question. He continues, I also say this.
Speaker 3: You go to Portland where they did, where they wrapped police offices, shot police offices. Nothing happened to anybody. You go to Seattle where they took over a big chunk of the city and people died. Portland, a lot of people died way a minute, and you go also take a look at Minneapolis, because I was there and I watched it. If I didn't bring in the National Guard, that city wouldn't even exist today.
Speaker 2: People were killed and nobody went to jail.
Speaker 3: So these people have already served a long period of time, and I made a decision to give a pardon. Joe Biden gave a pardon yesterday to a lot of criminals. These are criminals that he gave a pardon to, and you should be asking that question.
Speaker 2: Well, the people who the president pardoned are also criminals who happened to have attacked police officers at the Capitol. Now I don't know who who he consults with. This is one more cut rob of him talking about the pardons, cut twenty two, so.
Speaker 4: This is January sixth. These are the hostages, approximately fifteen hundred for a pardon, full partner, full.
Speaker 2: Pardon.
Speaker 4: We have about six commutations in there when we're doing further research. Nice to see you again.
Speaker 2: So this is a big one.
Speaker 4: Anything you want to explain about this. We hope they get them.
Speaker 2: We hope they come out tonight.
Speaker 4: Frankly, if you're expecting it, approximately fifteen hundred people, six six commutations.
Speaker 2: Were there any pass you didn't talk or part of people.
Speaker 4: We'll look at different things, but the commutations would be the ones that will take a look and maybe it'll stay that way or it'll go to in the faux part.
Speaker 2: Okay. I don't know how else I could say it anymore clearly that to essentially refer to these folks as hostages, obviously it's legally incorrect. People. The hostages that we have most recently known on the innocent Israeli civilians who were taken captive for four hundred and seventy days and many of whom were killed while in captivity by Hamas. And I think that President Trump has done the wrong thing here. He obviously wanted to do it. I'll be interesting with JD. Vance has to say. Vance said a week ago the people who engaged in violence, and President Trump has in the past said, matter of fact, in the wake of January sixth, when he was feeling the heat, he said there should be no partners for people who attacked police officers. It's an easy It's an easy distinction to make if there were people there protesting, and even if they simply walked into the building when the building became unattended, you could pardon people of that they obviously broke the law by walking into a place that had been attended to by police officers, and who are who were forced to retreat again, it undercuts it's Donald Trump has the ability to to take this great opportunity that he has. There are many of the executive orders that he signed which I think will be helpful, particularly dealing with border security, amongst others. But to pardon people who committed attacks on police officers, it goes against everything that you would hope that any president of the United State would stand with, the United States would stand for. So the only lines that are open right now if you want to get through a six one seven nine. I think that Donald Trump has been given I don't know that he's been given a mandate, because it wasn't what I would consider to be a mandate election, but he's been given an opportunity to a second opportunity to leave the country in the direction that he thinks the country should be led. And I think that a large number of people in this country, even people who didn't vote for him, are willing to give him a chance. But if he continues to make what I would consider to be unforced errors, he will blow that opportunity a second time. The lines are full. My name's Dan Ray, this is Nightside. Let's have at it. If I have disappointed you, that's fine. I owe you the truth as I see it. I owe you what I believe, and that is what I believe. Back on nights out after this. Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios.
Speaker 1: I' WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: So let's focus on whatever you want to focus on. I have chosen to what I want to focus on, but you are the callers. Tell us what you like, what you don't like. And by the way, the fact that Joe Biden gave pardons to I don't know was it two thousand criminals, including Leonard Peltier, who killed two FBI agents was convicted of killing two FBI agents in the nineteen seventies drug dealers. That was wrong. Doesn't make what Donald Trump did was right, because two wrongs don't make a right. That's what your mother told you and your mother was right. Let's go to Doreen and Chelsea. Hey, Doreen, welcome, Welcome to night Side.
Speaker 5: Happy new year, Dan, longtime no.
Speaker 2: Talk save to you. Dorian. Great to hear your voice. Happy New Year to you as well. What's your thought on the Donald Trump?
Speaker 6: My thought on is the state of Massachusetts should in debt, capital punishment. I'm very high on it. Get the riff raff out of the jails and prisons and drugs.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, well that's okay, but that's not our topic tonight. And uh and and I.
Speaker 6: Think no I seen I've seen Donald Trump get sworn in, and it was a sad day for Biden, you know, I mean, they both get patterns on both sides.
Speaker 5: You don't kill a cop and get away.
Speaker 6: With it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I got at.
Speaker 5: What with uh retirement.
Speaker 6: My brother was a correctional office in the state of Massachusetts. He had a hot time in the prisons. It wasn't easy, all right. He was chased by all gang and drug members.
Speaker 5: That's what's going.
Speaker 6: On in this country.
Speaker 5: It's all immigration too, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do understand.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You know you're weaving some points together here, I do get it. So what did you think about Trump's pardon of the J six inmates convicts?
Speaker 8: No, it was wrong when I seen that American flag. I was in the hospital dying of COVID pneumonia and melrose, and I've seen the flag.
Speaker 7: When you do that to a flag in.
Speaker 6: Our country, that's the highest it's the flag, the United States flag. You know what I mean? That's bad. Through the Capitol window and killing cops.
Speaker 1: He should.
Speaker 6: Trump did a bad thing on that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I think I think that he will live to regret it because they read it.
Speaker 9: I know he will.
Speaker 2: Certain people who might have been open to him are going to say, here we go again, here we go again, and a lot. I don't think.
Speaker 6: People cops in all the cities people.
Speaker 2: I don't think people voted for the commutations or pardons of the J six.
Speaker 6: Right right, right, yes, right.
Speaker 2: All right? Thanks for getting us going here, and come on back more often. Okay, don't be a stranger.
Speaker 9: I will all have a great kid.
Speaker 2: Bye, good life. Let me go next to Mark and Cambridge. Mark, you were next on nightside. Go right ahead, all right, I'm doing fine. You cut out on me. There Mark, go right ahead, I missed what you had to say.
Speaker 10: All right, I'm gonna make it short and simple. He just figured he'd you know, if he just commentated a few and not the others, I wouldn't be fair. So he just did everybody, all fifteen hundred of them. On the other hand, me personally, he assault on a police officer, and that should be you know, I mean excluded in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Well, but but all fifteen hundred had not assaulted police officers. There were many that had assaulted police officers. And I think with all the videotape that they had that they could have distinguished between those who assaulted police officers and those who maybe in the exuberance of the riot, you know, ventured into the into the capitol building. Uh and and they were charged with trespassing and things like that. Do you want to commute those sentences?
Speaker 10: But right, I wasn't talking about I was talking about the ones that assaulted police officers. They should be you know, they should should have been excluded in my opinion, you know, the ones that it did assault police officers, they should have been excluded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they should have served, they should have served their sentences. And I think that I think this was a mistake that he made. It's an unforced error. And I think that in his enthusiasm for his return to the White House, I think he will rule the day.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I think that this will be one opportunity for the Democrats to say, this is the same Donald Trump who came here for you know, eight years ago, and it's going to be a rough ride. I think that's what people are going to start to say, right.
Speaker 10: I understand, but like I said, dog, you know what I mean. But you know, I mean like I said at the beginning, then that you know, he just figured he do everybody if well, well why not the other and the other? I'm assuming that what was going through his mind everybody gets.
Speaker 1: Parts.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that was a mistake.
Speaker 10: I agree with you, but I'm saying he was going through his mind though. Thank you, Dan, I'll have a great night.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Thanks Mark, talk to you soon. Let me go to next up is John in Dorchester. John, you were next on Nightsack go right ahead.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Happy and healthy process six.
Speaker 2: Brought back to you go right a fella.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was, it was. It was a funky day. Operation day. Michael the King would have. It was a shame and I think you said not just the police officers, the other people as a woman that got back there. No, you know, I just get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you'll break it up at me, John, Why don't you do this, Rob, Why don't you see if you can improve his line and we'll take the newscast here and we'll try to pick John up on the other side. Okay, tell John, we'll is. I think he's had problems with his line here six one seven two five four ten thirty. That is the one and only line open right now, six one seven, four ten thirty. Back on night Side, right after the news at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 11: Night Side, Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Guys, go back to John and Chester. John, hopefully we got your signal cleared up.
Speaker 1: Olympic go ahead, Hey day, I'm back. Yeah. So, I mean the times on both sides of the aisle there, it's crazy and at the end of the day, like you know, you just you know, it's one tad in this one and that one. But like you know, but Biden would the one that killed two at the eye officers and him with the you know, like you said that the oak Ridge Boy or whatever. Not the oak Ridge Boys, but you know what I mean, and it's just a.
Speaker 2: Proudly so called proud boys. Yeah I would. I mean the Oakridge Boys pretty good, pretty good singers, but you are the Proud Boys. I mean the guy looks like a thug. I mean, he acts like a thug.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, I think the best thing that was Lee Green would proud to be an American Billy Ray Cyrus. I don't know what he had if somebody spiked his holywater or something, but that was crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I don't know. And yeah, as they say, we can leave the musicians out of it. I just think it was a mistake that he made and that that he he just he gets he digs his heels in and that's it. And maybe maybe that's an asset, but certainly, in this instance, I think it was a mistake.
Speaker 1: I concur with you. I can cruse.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Yeah, absolutely, yeah, I mean, and and it also undercuts he could turn around and say to Biden, hey, what are you doing here with all of these pardons for people who haven't been accused of anything. He's basically he undercut his own his own position. Hey, John, appreciate you. Thank you much, my friend.
Speaker 1: There's no right. Thanks, well you got it, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: By bye. Let me go next to Larry Down and Dennisport. Larry on the Cape, Go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Larry Good evening, Dan.
Speaker 2: Good evening, sir. What's your take on all of this?
Speaker 9: First question is did you get rid of your coffee yet?
Speaker 2: Uh? It's kind of hanging on. I just think it's Uh, it's people said to me, oh, you'll have it for a month, and they're getting pretty close. It's getting pretty close. It's getting better, but it hasn't disappeared as yet.
Speaker 9: So okay, well it's been three and a half years since by vaccine injury. I'm trying to get rid of my coughs. So I was very upset when past president Biden pardoned doctor Fouci. That one really got to make. But here's my question. We don't vote for a dictator, and when all of these pardons are given by both sides, whether it's Biden or Trump, they act like a dictator. I'd like to start a petition, and this might be a great subject for another night. I think it's too much power for one person. I think if the president wants to issue a pardon, he presents it to Congress. This is who I want to pardon, this person, this person. Congress says yes to this one, no to this one. What do you think of that idea?
Speaker 2: Well, unfortunately, you'd have to change the constitution because the president is in his office has given the executive power to do this.
Speaker 9: So changed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, it's not easy to change the constitution. You gotta first of all, get it through You got to get it through Congress. Then you got to get it to the states, and you got to get three quarters of the states thirty eight out of fifty states at this point to approve it. And as they found with the Equal Rights Amendment, it failed because it was only got was approved by thirty seven states. So yeah, it would be different. I mean, it's interesting, you could change it theoretically, but I just think it's not likely and these sorts of yeah.
Speaker 9: I'll rephrase the question, I'll rephrase the question. Then, do you think that is too much power for the president having these pardons.
Speaker 2: I think they should be used more selectively. I think that the partner of a governor or the pardon of a president should be used selectively. And I read some stats the other day that I think that President Bush might have pardoned. I don't know one hundred and fifty. I'm picking the numbers, and President Obama a Republican and a Democrat, and Clinton they were like in the low one hundreds, one hundred and forty, one hundred and fifty whatever. I mightey be able to find the number as we're talking. But Biden broke all records. You know, it was it was it was tough not to get a pardon. You know, you would be the exception, and I would be the exception. Right, you know they were. They were giving him out like they were giving out Hoodsie cups on the fourth of July.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right in my opinion.
Speaker 2: And it just says, wait a second, you know that's not the way it's supposed to be. Again, I'm looking at pardons here, what do we have. Franklin Roosevelt led the league. He gave out three thirty six hundred pardons. Woodrow Wilson gave out a lot twenty four hundred, Harry Truman two thousand. I don't know the specifics on those, but when you get to more recent presidents Bill Clinton was four fifty nine. He was fairly, fairly generous. You know, Thomas Jefferson was a one hundred and nineteen. You know Joe Biden is now, I mean he like leads the league. William Henry Harrison gave out none, George Washington sixteen, John Adams twenty one. So when the Constitution first was written, they were given out in a limited fashion. George Herbert Walker Poschel gave out seventy seven pardons, Ronald Reagan gave out four hundred and six. But Biden went off the wall. And here you have Trump. It's like three days into his presidency and he's already given out like fifteen hundred pardons.
Speaker 9: I mean, right exactly, I'll finish. I'll end it with this. I think I'm hoping the country doesn't have well, for lack of a better term, buyers remorse with Trump because I feel most people voted for his policies, not his personality, But his personality got in the way in the first day.
Speaker 2: So I will also tell you that, in my opinion, President Trump was elected by people who voted against Joe Biden, just as Joe Biden. In this country, we tend to elect the presidents who by voting against you know, when Donald Trump won, he beat Hillary Clinton. And the reason he beat Hillary Clinton was she was very unpopular. And then Trump and turned four years later was very unpopular, and they elected Joe Biden, who ran a campaign from his basement. And then four years later, people had enough of Biden. They were done with Biden, they were done with everything that was involved in the in the in his four years in office, and they gave Donald Trump a second chance for the sake of the nation. I hope that I hope that Donald Trump is successful, but I was appalled to think that these individuals who attacked police officers who were simple doing their job. Capitol police officers, We're doing their job, and they suffered injuries and in some cases, you know, died under mysterious circumstances. The one guy who died a couple of days later, you know, had a heart attack, but apparently he was subjected to bear spray. I mean, you know, again, I don't want to go into all the different cases, but if you're going to take an American flag and smash windows and attack a police officer with two by fours or baseball bats, you don't get a pardon period, do your time, do the crime, do your time. Thanks Dennis, Thanks Larry, Bye bye Larry from Dennis Bourt. Let me keep rolling here. Who do I am next? Let me get in Kevin in Plymouth? Kevin, you are next on nightside. You've waited twenty two minutes. Go ahead, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Hey Dan, how you doing?
Speaker 12: First time calling here?
Speaker 2: First time caller. Well, we're going to have you with us. Happy New Year, making a new Year's resolute that it will not be your last time. Go ahead, Plymouth, Go ahead, Kelly.
Speaker 12: You know what I think the pod is that Trump gave to the J sixes.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 12: I can't agree with it. Obviously, assault on a police officer is not right.
Speaker 13: I don't know what the maximum I'm curious to see what the maximum penalty is for that I know in Massachusetts.
Speaker 12: I think it's two and a half years and up to a five thousands.
Speaker 2: All fine, Oh no, no, I think let me just say this. I do not know offhand because I've never had experience with assault and a police officer, but I think it depends upon the sort of assault. And you can have an assault, you can have aggravated assault, you can have assault in battery. There's different levels to take a shot at a police officer and only serve two and a half years. I think that's in I think that these guys, some of these guys had been in now for three or four years, and I think some of their sentences could be up to ten years because you're talking about assaulting a Capitol police officer on the grounds of the US Congress, the Capitol building while they're simply trying to do their job on the day in which a presidential election was being ratified. I mean, all of those circumstances could add to the length of sentence that these people face. But look, you saw the video. You saw people smashing windows, you saw people hitting police officers with baseball bats. That's an assault with a dangerous weapon. That's more than an assault. That's assault with a dangerous weapon. That gets it up into serious felony category.
Speaker 14: Unacceptable, There's no doubt about it's unacceptable.
Speaker 11: I did see video of the actually the police officers throwing stunt grenades into the crowd, and I know, yeah that it probably didn't help the situation, but it was.
Speaker 12: It was it turned into a major.
Speaker 7: Riot, and uh, you know, it just it was out of hand right from the stots.
Speaker 12: So but you know what, I think we got to move past it. I don't think he can. I know, I know those people made mistakes, and can Donald Trump make a mistake every once in a while.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 12: I don't know if he's allowed to.
Speaker 10: You know, he seems to be well not not not at this level.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you want to say, oh, he shouldn't rename the Gulf of Mexico, I happen to agree name rename it the Gulf of America. Nothing wrong with that. I'm all for that. Okay. By the way, the Proud Boys leader was serving a twenty two year Jay sixth sentence, so that was a pretty substantial sentence, Okay. And I'm just looking at an article here out of Newsweek just to answer your question. There was a list of the people who were serving sentences, and let me just see here, twenty seven months in prison, civil disorder, assaulted the federal officer, eighteen years in prison. Ethan Nordean, thirty two of Arburn, Washington, was sent eighteen years in prison, a member of the far right Proud Boys group who's found guilty of multiple felonies, including conspiracy to destruct an official proceeding. So yes, some of these seventeen years, ten years, fifteen years, fifteen years. Yeah, though there's some pretty significant eighty four months seven that's would be. That's seven years, six years, fifty one months in prison, eighty seven months. There's a lot of long sentences here. There's one guy here, Daniel DJ Rodriguez, California, since one hundred and fifty one months in prison, assaulting an officer with a taser. I mean, you know, guy took a taste to a police officer. How much you're gonna give him?
Speaker 12: He's I don't know. It's it's fad, It's no doubt about it. It's bad, but I don't know. I know the day was. It was a real bad day.
Speaker 2: But I think a bad day because of what these people did. Now there's there's someone else here. There's there's one here. For example, a guy out of Decata, Georgia, Matthew J. Webler, sentenced to forty five days in prison in order to pay five hundred and ten dollars. He played guilty to one count of demonstrating in the capitol. So that's someone who walked into the capitol. I could see commuting his sentence or giving him a pardon, wiping his record clean, because all he got was forty five days. But there's a big difference between eighteen years. Here's another guy out of Kentucky sentence a forty five years is guilty of demonstra forty five days incarceration, sixty hours of community service for pleading guilty in charge of demonstrating in the capitol. I don't have. There's another guy fourteen days. So there's quite a quite a range here. You can look these up yourself as if you want. There's a lot of them that are there are a lot of them are pretty serious and some which look to me to be pretty venial.
Speaker 13: Right right, Yeah, Well, you know what, I don't really I don't see them giving a you know, burd of sentences out now for eighteen he is, you know what I mean.
Speaker 12: So I just seem it seems to be very.
Speaker 14: Politically motivated to be switch. That's that's my take on it. You know, those sentences are very hot, I believe, I do. I don't believe that those sentences.
Speaker 13: You know, justify what happened that day. I really don't.
Speaker 7: So, I mean, the people that get caught in the mix, of course not you know, but it was a bad day. It's a bad days. A lot of people that disagreed was going on that day obviously.
Speaker 12: Uh, there was a lot of tension and it didn't end up good for anybody.
Speaker 7: So but I you know, I'm kind of like totally sick of hearing about it. It's time to move on, put it behind us, and uh, you know, let's talk about Biden's pods.
Speaker 12: Biden's pods were you know, I don't think uh, you know, there was there's a lot to be said about what he did. You know, it's almost admitting guilt.
Speaker 2: Okay, So how much of a sentence? Here's one guy. I'm not going to give you what his sentence was. This guy was found guilty of four counts of assaulting Metropolitan Police Department officers. So he assaulted four different Metropolitan Police Department office. What sort of a sentence would you give him if any.
Speaker 1: SEEZ I don't know.
Speaker 12: Four years, year of peace.
Speaker 2: Four years well he got, he got eighty eight months. Would your commute his sentence?
Speaker 12: Probably not?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: No, okay, So we agree. We agree again. The people who who got caught up in it and were were yelling or screaming inside the Capitol. These people who have who were given you know, I don't know, you know, twenty days in prison or forty five days in prison. Found that's not a problem. But there's the difference between doing that getting caught up in the crowd and and tate and hitting a police officer with a taser. That's all I'm saying. Hey, Kevin, I appreciate your call, first time calling.
Speaker 1: Come on back soon, Okay, I appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Have a good night.
Speaker 2: You two gonna come right back. The only lines open right now are six one, seven, nine three, one ten thirty. I got Donna, Bill and Joe coming up, and I got room for you at six one, seven, nine three, one ten thirty.
Speaker 11: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World.
Speaker 1: Night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep going. He're gonna go to Donna and Framingham. Donna, appreciate your patience. Next time, Nightsager right ahead, Donna.
Speaker 5: I was about ready to give up, but here I am.
Speaker 2: We take I'm glad you stuck around, but I gotta tell you, yes, we take him as they come in, Donna, no one, no one has held.
Speaker 5: I know, I know. Let me just start with a real quick thing. The guy that was dressed up like the shaman with the horns on his head and all that stuff. Remember that guy, we had you to get him.
Speaker 2: He was quite memorable.
Speaker 5: We had to look at his hairy chest all day. Anyway, here's what he just tweeted on X I got a pardon baby, Thank you, miss country, God bless America. Okay, so I just wanted to mention that, but then I want to get to my own points.
Speaker 2: But I hope, I hope a little bit of what you said got bleeped.
Speaker 6: Donna.
Speaker 2: Remember we are still on family Radio.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, I said, mother.
Speaker 2: Is please please. I know you tried to clean it up, but I think we know in effect what you said.
Speaker 5: I'm just reading the tree. Okay. The other point is I agree with you totally. And the reason why President Trump pardon those people, dan is because he backs the Blue and left. They're trying to help him. That's why he did it. Because they did it to help him. That's why he come pardoned them.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: Another thing that also came out, I.
Speaker 2: Think that I think that I don't disagree with your characterization, but I think that's sort of either you back the blue or you don't.
Speaker 5: As far as I well, I listen, Dan, I wanted my president to succeed, and I'm because I always wanted to as in the deced, But after forty eight hours, I'm almost ready to throw in the towel. Did you hear what he said about the Secret Service protection for John Bolton?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I was surprised to find out today that vice presidents, full of vice presidents only received Secret Service protection for six months. Now I assume they can be extended.
Speaker 5: But I always thought that John Bolton, John Bolton doesn't he doesn't have to have it forever, but right now the Iranians are trying to kill him. And when Donald Trump, our president, was asked about that today, he went on a tirade about how he shouldn't have it forever, which is true, but the spread is ongoing. Yeah, and he went on for the next three minutes to talk about how dumb John Bolton.
Speaker 2: Is, like that has anything to do with right, Well, yeah, I did hear that again, That there's ovis is the personal animus between him and Bolton, which he should step aside in that decision if he was smart he would say, look, John Bolton will have Secret Service for however long he needs it. That his his protection will be determined by uh, you know whatever, whether it's Secret Service or whether it's the FBI or whomever it is. And I have Well, again, he should just say I have no role in that decision. If someone from Secret Service thinks Bolton should have protection for another one hundred years, fine, Trump should step off away from that if he was smart, but he's not.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you came back. I hope you're feeling better. And I am so happy to hear that you say about how you think this was a really stupid thing. And again, try to convince me, Dan, I wanted to give Donald Trump a chance. I didn't vote for him. I reluctantly vote for three hours. I didn't like that either, you know, forty eight hours later, a little bit more than that. At this point, I'm almost ready to give up already.
Speaker 2: Well again, you know, everyone's gonna do what they have to do in this set of circumstances. But I think that from his perspective, it was an easy call. Jd Vance a week ago said the violent protesters should not receive commute. I was a week ago, a week ago, you know, and he puts he puts his allies in the uncomfortable position of having to agree with him or else contradicting him. It's not a good way to start day three of your presidency. Let me put it like that. We can agree upon that. Thanks don, I'm glad you hung on. Thank you, Minch. Talk to you later. By all right, if you're on the line, stay there. If you not give us a call, six seven two five four ten thirty six seven nine thirty. This is what I believe. I certainly was hoping that Donald Trump, second time around, would be able to handle himself a little differently. I thought his speech the other day was tough, but I thought it was honest. I didn't have a whole lot of trouble with his speech. But I have trouble with pardoning people who have committed violence against the Capitol building and more importantly, against the police officers who were there to protect members of Congress. Republicans and Democrats alike. Join the conversation. Fill the lines up back right after the news at eleven