Speaker 1: To God, to God, to God, to God, to God, to God, to God to God to send him free?
Speaker 2: Was he jail forwarding or representing everyone free?
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 2: Now lift the little, return him to his wife and kids, Let him free, Let.
Speaker 3: Him be breathing ill. Lucky you and me. The game even ten for two.
Speaker 2: That's all the motherfuckers do.
Speaker 4: The God, to God, to God, to God, to God, to God, to God, to God, to.
Speaker 5: God, to God, to.
Speaker 4: God, to God, to God to God to send him free.
Speaker 6: Brother John Sinclair, may you rest in peace, and may you truly be free of pain, and may the read truly be free where you are and not over regulated and text and having a bunch of people come up and tell you how proud they are they freed one drug and still believe prohibition works for every other drug. You're gonna hear people talk today that are still people putting people in cages for what they put in their bodies, and the those same people that fight for bodily autonomy and other things, but not what you can put in your body.
Speaker 3: That makes no sense to me. And uh, the war is not over.
Speaker 6: A small battle has been won, but we've lost a lot of people that have devoted a lot of their lives to trying to fight this thing we call the War on drugs. That even Richard Nixon's chief of staff, John Erlickman, on his deathbed, said the War on drugs was never about controlling drugs. It was about controlling people. We couldn't arrest the protesters, so we use weed to get the protesters, and we couldn't arrest black people for being black, so they flooded New York with dope to make people's slaves. And these are the people that still are running our drug policy after years and years of failure after failure and life after life ruined. So please, please don't think this is a celebration. This is still a protest. Peace and love, y'all.
Speaker 7: All right, Leith will be at the Winewood Organic tomorrow doing an appearance about three o'clock and kind of continuing this tribute for John there.
Speaker 8: So check them out there and let's hear it again for.
Speaker 9: Laith Alsadi, all right, coming up to kick off the speakers here, the guy that ran this show for a couple of decades, who took on a lot of challenges, who actually brought John Sinclair back into the fold.
Speaker 8: Years ago. He's more than earned his nickname.
Speaker 7: So let's hear it for mister Hashbash Adam Brook.
Speaker 3: Hey, hash fans, how you doing.
Speaker 10: Listen, You're gonna hear a lot of stuff from a lot of people today, so I'm not gonna waste my time with that. Here's what I want to know. How many of you got dope on you right now? Here's a more important question. How many of you actually still have a medical marijuana card. Understand that that's the only paid vote that we're allowed. You go get that medical card, and those legislators see that there's more of us.
Speaker 3: We can't hand them any money.
Speaker 10: That's against the law, but we can all go get medical cards and they can't stop us. And the more of us that they see that need it, the more they're willing to work with us. So it's easy easier for us to get Man. I'm sorry. That was the first time I ever cried during that song. We brought John out here years ago because at the time he was an award winning DJ down in New Orleans, and we knew that this event was based on his hard work and the time he spent in prison, so it meant a lot to us.
Speaker 3: To get him back involved in the weed game.
Speaker 10: I had no idea that John Sinclair was a blues poet and he used to do some.
Speaker 3: You're gonna keep in the shorts away medic.
Speaker 10: I need a medic somewhere right out here where these people are waving their hand. I need a medic. So if you're a medic, they need you. I need a medic too. But that's another story. There he goes. So here's the deal, folks. They referred to Laith al Sadi as the ann Arbor's prodigal son. Someone once named me mister Ashbash. I didn't care for that. I was Adam L. Brook, and I helped put on that Hashbash. I've learned to accept that I'm misster Hashbash. But I put this event on long enough that I'm also going to claim to be its prodigal son. I don't care who likes it. But what's important about this event is that you take the knowledge you pick up here back home to your friends and family, and you educate them, and you smoke a lot of weed. That's important. If you all get the chance, i'd suggest you pick a copy up somewhere. It's called It's All Good it's a John Sinclair reader, and in John's memory, I'm gonna deliver this poem that he wrote. I did it a couple of years ago when he was ill in the High Hospital, and it's something that he used to do a lot. Johnson Claire got thrown out of the Detroit Boat Club yacht club, I don't know. We were doing a gig there and he started doing this poem and the lady walked up to him and took the microphone away from him. So I figured you'd all appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It's called Ain't Nobody's Business.
Speaker 10: John wrote it for his buddy Henry Normiel, Bradley Jones and Bob Righteous Red Nook. We have a right to our bad habit. If we want to blow our minds or fuck up our lives, shoot dope or smoke cocaine. If we want to eat too much meat, sit around all day and watch TV, stay up all night listening to music by Charlie Parker and screaming Jay Hawkins. If we want, if we want to walk around naked, fuck our eyes out, eat some pussy, or suck a cock, take it up the ass, get our nuts off seven hundred times a day, lay around and drink whiskey, bet on games, shoot dice, sell some pussy on the street. If we want to gamble in casinos or spread money, spend our money in a whorehouse, give the president a blowjob in his big chair in the White House. Walk around the streets with all our belongings in little bags.
Speaker 3: That was a John move. I always liked it. Sleep in doorways, pissing the gutter.
Speaker 10: If we want to sleep away the day, never answer the telephone, take every meal in restaurants and bars, and never exercise. And if it comes to the end of the line for us, we have every right to blow our mother fucking brains out, or jump off a bridge, or take ourselves away from here any way we might want to. Then, baby, please, we got a right to our bad habit, and it ain't nobody's.
Speaker 3: Business if we do.
Speaker 10: I appreciate that because John and I worked together for years, and when I lost my father, he became a father to me. So I suggest y'all learn a little bit about him, because what you think you know is a very small part of his life, and the coolest part is what he actually did and who he did it with and what it created. And how it created and most of that happened in ann Arbor. They chased him out of Detroit, so he came to ann Arbor. And I have the honor to introduce our next speaker. And John couldn't have done it by himself.
Speaker 11: Back then.
Speaker 10: There was a minister of this and a minister of that. But I know who really kept it all together. So it's my great honor to introduce one of the best photographers I've ever seen. I suggest she get her book, but she photographed the history that created John Sinclair.
Speaker 3: So with great pleasure, I'd like to introduce Lenny's Sinclaire.
Speaker 12: It should have been John here right now, but the Great Spirit had other plans for him and called him home.
Speaker 3: But he's here and spired. Every one of you here is part of it. Okay, uhh uh.
Speaker 12: In January I read in the newspaper uh to nominate people for Michigan of the Year, and I said, why not nominate Jansenclair?
Speaker 13: And and and I wrote this.
Speaker 12: My name is Lenny Sinclair, and I would like to nominate my ex, my ex husband, Jan Sinclair, as Michiganian of the Year. I myself escaped from communists East Germany in nineteen fifty nine and ended up in Detroit. When I met John Sinclair in nineteen sixty four, he was already fighting against the most Tryconian law ever imposed on law abiding Americans, totally based on junk science. That spirit of fighting against injustice attracted me to him in the first place. Now, after I met John Sinclair and we got together, he invited me to move in with him in the Castle in Detroit.
Speaker 13: And so.
Speaker 12: We lived together, and John was on probation for his first offense. And one night his probation officer came to us, came to us and said the John, the police is trying to bust you again. And John was flabbergast and said, what for. I didn't do anything wrong? And he said illegal cohabitation.
Speaker 13: That was against the law.
Speaker 12: And for anybody who followed that law, it was illegal for people of opposite sex to live together without being married. So what did we do? We got married so and and we produced two beautiful children, Sunny Millions and Claire who might be and Celia Sinclair. And we got a lot of problems in Detroit, and one night our house got fire bombed and set on fire, and we had to practically move away overnight. And so uh we rented a house on Hill Street in an arbor. And and the first night after we moved to an arbor, the the conservatives of an Arbor had a night vigil march, a candlelight vigil, and they were carrying.
Speaker 13: Signs saying sin.
Speaker 12: Like in Sinclair, we were sins, sinners to them because we smoked weed. And now all you sinos turned into saints.
Speaker 13: But but.
Speaker 12: I'm thinking of why Johns and Claire were supposed I nominated him as Michigan Canyon.
Speaker 13: Of the Year is because of them.
Speaker 12: What he started has an immense economic impact on the economy of Michigan.
Speaker 13: And and.
Speaker 12: Should there be any students of statistics here, somebody can figure out just how much money John saved the state of Michigan by overturning the law in nineteen seven, nineteen seventy two. Before the law was overturned, it was ten years for possession and twenty to life for giving a joint away.
Speaker 13: And John was charged with giving a joint two joints to.
Speaker 12: An undercover agent, and it resulted in ten years. And if you can figure out if the law had not been changed, the state of Michigan would have been housing prisoners for twenty years to life, and we all would have to pay taxes to keep the people in jail. That's like millions of dollars the state didn't have to pay for incarcelating these people because it was only one year, not ten. See, and then that law stayed on the books until two thousand and nine. I think it's when it became Medica finally.
Speaker 13: And so a.
Speaker 12: Whole, a whole legal industry is now happening in Michigan where.
Speaker 13: Thousands of people get jobs that are.
Speaker 12: Legal and they can do and and and anyway. It's just enormous what John Sinclaire started, and we got to, you know, appreciate that. But but but I'm also thinking of what.
Speaker 13: America did to people like us to.
Speaker 12: By lying to us for the last seventy years or eighty years that marijuana with a dope and and suppressed.
Speaker 13: And think in the last.
Speaker 12: Seventy years, how that law has been used to suppress people, to destroy families, to costs thousands of Woken meurges, and cost woking homes.
Speaker 14: For it's we have that.
Speaker 12: Has to stop now under the stopping now, And uh.
Speaker 13: I'm talking too much. I'm not a taker.
Speaker 12: But when we were the White Panther Party, John named all the ministers, ministers, this ministers Pope again he named me as the Minister of Education. Now the party done left, but I'm still educating people.
Speaker 13: That's why I'm trying to do right now.
Speaker 12: So I just I just want to tell people.
Speaker 13: I want to tell people to thank the.
Speaker 12: People who worked with us. We had a commune on Hill Street. Up to twenty eight people lived there and they all worked for two and a half years in sacrificing their own lives and worked for no money to get John out of jail. I want a tribute to everybody who and contributed to John's freedom.
Speaker 13: And I wonder, just that's it. What else I don't know, or what else I said?
Speaker 12: Is what else I said is In nineteen seventy two, John Sinclair won the case in the United States Supreme Court against illegal wire tapping to educate people who don't know about it. This case is in Wikipedia under the Keith case. Keith was the trial judge who was accused by the government of obeying the law, and they tied him to not obey the law, you know, and the case went all the way to the Supreme Court, and after john got out of jail in January.
Speaker 13: The case was heard in the Supreme Court in.
Speaker 12: January, and we went there and to watch arguments in the Supreme Court was one of the highlights of my whole life as American.
Speaker 13: It was incredible.
Speaker 12: And the judges voted unanimously against Nixon, which led to Nixon's resignation.
Speaker 13: And that's what Johnson cleared it okay, And.
Speaker 12: If that wasn't enough, Johnson Claire deserves to be honest for his incredible life as a poet and writer and editor and publisher and musician and DJ and manager of two of Michigan's best known and the Empty Five and the Students, and contributed to the vibrant artistic community of Michigan.
Speaker 13: Thank you, Thank you, every one of you.
Speaker 3: Things I.
Speaker 13: Just I just wanted to mention one of the things. You know, John.
Speaker 12: Janet, I got divorced. Uh, because the struggle it was like war. Until the log had changed, it was like war. Everybody was being terrorized. If the police turned on their lights behind their car, you know, there was domestic terrorists and innocent people and so uh and and and so we divorced. The struggle was too hot for to last and John vioge uh uh lady named Patricia Bound. She's still his wife and they have stepchildren. And I just wanted to mention that John had the long extended family and that I'm just one of the survivals.
Speaker 13: Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Thank you for being your thank you. You know, John Sinclaire himself said that Lenny did everything he did except for half to go to jail. So she hasn't been given the recognition that she really just has been deserving over the years. Let's please let her know how we feel about Lenny Sinclair's.
Speaker 8: Ready, Mandy, that's such an honor. Okay, So now now.
Speaker 7: Our next week really embodies a lot of the reasons that John did a lot of the work that he did. We have somebody who served twenty five years of a forty.
Speaker 8: Year sentence for minor cannabis activity.
Speaker 7: I was there when he was released, ironically about four to twenty in the morning from Jackson, and there was media there, there was a film crew there, and with moments of stepping out, he started letting everybody know that he's going to work and try to help to get others out who shouldn't be in there with him, and he's since then done that. There's a movie about him. He speaks at many places, he educates people, He does a lot of very important work now he and his team, and it's honored to have him here today. Please everybody give a warm welcome to mister Michael Thompson.
Speaker 15: He wants, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 16: Thank you.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 11: What's up?
Speaker 3: Talk to me. I'm here.
Speaker 17: I come from Flint, Michigan to talk to you. Now, come here, Come here, guys, come here. I want to introduce you to some people that because of you, all because of you, these guys is free NIBBs doing life just like I was doing life.
Speaker 11: What's your name, bro Hey, my name Leon Benson.
Speaker 1: I'm an exigner, reed after twenty five years of wrongfully incarceration.
Speaker 11: But I'm back here today for the people. You hear me, Michael Thompson, You hear me right, that's right, I'm saymble singing Gore.
Speaker 5: I was a juvenile lifer and because of the works of the people and one of your very own an arbor double lebel, I am no longer incarcerated.
Speaker 3: I'm a freeman.
Speaker 11: My name is Larry Darnell Smith Junior.
Speaker 18: I spent twenty six years, ten months, in seven days in prison for a crime outn't commit. I advocate on behalf of the innocent, the medically frail in the over sentence, and boy, oh boy, God made a great win to day.
Speaker 15: Thank you everybody.
Speaker 17: Yeah yeah, now, let me talk to you. The politicians. I'm sure you tired of them clever speeches. I'm sure you tired of them clevin speeches. When are you gonna get the young people of movement going? They need you, young people, They need you, and I need you. The Michael Thompson, Clemency need you, the Last Prison Project need you. A whole lot of people need you, young people. That's the reason why I'm here now. I come a long ways from washing my clothes and the toilet, dude.
Speaker 3: I come a long ways.
Speaker 17: I remember a few y'all know about that story about me washing my clothes and the toilet dude. But yes, I did that. But I got me a new washman, see and dryer now. But but you know them politicians, right now is a very important time for you and me.
Speaker 3: We need you.
Speaker 17: That started the young people movement, that started that and see can they stop that. They can't stop no young people moving. And that's what I.
Speaker 3: Need you do to wake up, wake up up people.
Speaker 17: And you know, I think back where I come from, where I come from during twenty five years for three pounds of marijuana, twenty five.
Speaker 3: Years for three pounds of marijuana.
Speaker 17: Why did I stay in prison for twenty five years for marijuana? And marijue ain't never killed nobody, nobody. And my thing is to tell you you need to sallow up, sto up. You know what I'm saying against the politicians. Don't give a damn about you or me. Set up and the young people. It's a young people time now. You just tell young people's march, March on, March on. Young people gonna get get the right people in office to be because the wrong ones is in office.
Speaker 3: Get the right ones in Listen.
Speaker 17: I want to close with this to tell you this. I come back here because I love.
Speaker 3: The hash Badge.
Speaker 17: I love the hash Badge, and the Halsh Badge loved me so so when I think back, when I think back at some of the people that's back in prison right now, when I think back at him.
Speaker 11: Wow, it's a sad. It's a sad.
Speaker 17: It's a sad, sad look because when they snunck me out of prison. They snuck me out of prison at four o'clock in the morning. They don't let nobody out at no four o'clock in the morning, but I supposta have been been let out at eight o'clock. And then they changed at four o'clock because they thought the media. They thought they were gonna beat the media down because it's real cold outside. But not only the media was waiting on their ass, so was the prisoners.
Speaker 19: The prisoners.
Speaker 17: The prisoners, they were still awoke. And they told me. They called me Miko in prison. They said, Michelo, go out there and tell the truth. And that's what I've been doing. I've been telling the motherfucket too.
Speaker 3: Let your head bet.
Speaker 8: Right on.
Speaker 7: Alright, let's hear it again from Michael Thompson, and then we're gonna have you got it, dude, dude, we'll have We'll have some Richard untangle himself and then introduce our nextcess. Let's hear it again from Michael Thompson. Please alight you doctor.
Speaker 20: Okay, oh fuck okay, they're playing later.
Speaker 8: Thirty.
Speaker 20: Hello, have you has been.
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 18: Before I get started here fix these little technical difficulties. My job is to uh introduce this.
Speaker 15: Guy right here.
Speaker 18: Hold older, Oh okay, goddamn it, Okay, live video, go line, Okay, green eas. My name is Richard C. Clement, and uh some people know me as free the Weed. Yes, indeed, for the jobs we need, because the people agreed that though we shall be free. Okay, and a lot of us stay starting to call us old gee's right now okay, and we've been at this little bit a long time. We want to pass it on to the young people because Johnson Claire taught us all civics.
Speaker 20: Okay, he showed you how to law words.
Speaker 18: Tell you how the young people participate in your government, because introduce them.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 18: Anyway, I want to introduce doctor Witty, otherwise known as doctor Detroit. He's one of the old gs that I mean, He's laid out a lot of wisdom, and uh I want to pass on some of his knowledge to you. So without further ado, doctor Whitty.
Speaker 21: Let's give Richard a chant, free the weed, Free the weed, Free the weed, and let's thank Jesse and his team Jamie and his team for a wonderful hashbash A sunny day dry Day. Thank you Jamie, thanks for your team. Yes, and let's free the prisoners that are still in prison. And let's remember if we don't get the young folks to turn out, you folks under forty are going to make the difference whether we carry Michigan for freedom and liberty or we're going to have the rest of our lives on this struggle to destigmatize cannabis. We need to open our hearts, to think with our hearts and become lovers of the future and optimists.
Speaker 11: And we need a.
Speaker 21: Big turnout of everybody to get the kids and the grandkids voting absentee, getting absentee ballot, getting their friends engaged. Why do we have to stick on defense the rest of our lives. Were trying to build our life legacy and have something to be proud of. And we have our wonderful hash Bashion, Monroe Street Fair and Adams Hotel. You should definitely check out the session the music there and the great fighters have passed before us. John Sinclair, I met with Iggy and the Stooges and the MC five in the seventies and Rick Thompson who died far too young.
Speaker 11: It was the great CRUs for us.
Speaker 21: In Michigan, normal and Rory gold Right here in ann Arbor and Gersh Peanut Butter and all the elections. The elections are at the heart of it. Help this cause, stay engaged, registered, vote, absentee, join a campaign, volunteer. It's our life legacy to free the weed. It's our life's work. It's not going to be over in twenty twenty four, but it's a big crisis. And we do need the young and the non voter. We need the skeptics to be hopeful and optimistic, not pessimistic. Hope and optimism will keep you healthy, mental and physical. You'll live a happier life by being an optimist. So that's why I call myself Doctor Detroit. Just to be cheering on Detroit, cheering on our lives. It's staying in the fight. It's a life's work.
Speaker 8: It's absolutely it's a life's work.
Speaker 15: And I'm grateful to be here.
Speaker 21: And by all means, get involved in this election.
Speaker 15: Do some phone.
Speaker 21: Banking from home, or some texting, or even write a small check, or go get involved in a campaign, or get involved in a cause. The far right has thirty causes they've attacked, including cannabis. They're making it immoral to smoke cannabis, right, and so we've got to remember, Ohio, they passed abortion in cannabis. We've got to struggle together and link up with freedom and liberty causes and have a live and let live world where we can think from the heart, love our life, trust ourselves, accept ourselves, forgive ourselves, and be compassionate and take care of yourself and.
Speaker 20: Free the weed, but free the weed.
Speaker 7: Hey have an announcement over in this general area. Somebody lost a wedding band, so please be aware of that, and if so.
Speaker 8: Turn into us up here right on.
Speaker 15: All right, So next up.
Speaker 7: The guy whose history he goes decades back in ann Arbor, part of the UH original five Dollars Fine later on Local Medical. He's been involved in this world for so long. He's the inspiration I had to get started in activism.
Speaker 22: There.
Speaker 8: His name consists of two verbs.
Speaker 7: Let's please welcome Chuck Reem.
Speaker 23: All right, who's gonna carry the Hold this, hold this next to me, hold one of them?
Speaker 24: Can you hold one of these?
Speaker 23: Can you hold one of these?
Speaker 25: It's so great to see everybody today, absolutely outstanding, just beautiful and free. We We're here today to celebrate the brave life of John Sinclair, in the life of our comrade Rick Thompson, and all the others who have died.
Speaker 24: What incredible change we have made in Michigan.
Speaker 23: We used to be outlaws, always in danger, always afraid. Now we can walk into a lovely cannabis store, or we can buy, or we can legally grow as much as we want. Michigan has the best cannabis law in the United States of America. That's in part because we have the greatest some of the greatest activists in the United States of America, led by Jamie Lowell, who put this thing together. We still have not won. We have to deschedulize cannabis. If Biden could at least reschedulize cannabis, he might win.
Speaker 26: He needs to get control of the de e A, which is a rogue agency made up of thugs and crooks, and they are deciding this question.
Speaker 23: We need to spread the goodness of cannabis everywhere and normalize its use. We need commercial social use, everything from coffee shops to fine dining, and we need non commercial social use.
Speaker 24: We should be.
Speaker 10: Able to smoke medic medic medic medic.
Speaker 23: Medic All right, there, I think they're all set. All right, then we need to we need commercial social use and non commercial. We need to be able to smoke in parks at scheduled events. We need to be able to vaporize at community centers and senior centers everywhere. Cannabis helps us feel better physically and emotionally. Please, let me tell you a fact about mental health that I'd like you to remember.
Speaker 8: Quote.
Speaker 24: States that have fully legalized.
Speaker 23: Cannabis have found a thirty seven percent decrease in mental health treatment admissions.
Speaker 3: Thirty seven percent.
Speaker 23: People less people have to put theirselves put away from mental illness.
Speaker 24: We are criticized for.
Speaker 23: Seeking the very best high, like we were Devians. Actually it's the Puritans who are the devians. The entire ancient world, all of the religions and Western civilization itself, we're focused on seeking the very best high.
Speaker 24: That's what they were doing.
Speaker 23: Quote the roots of Western civilization were soaked in psychoactive drugs. But the fun part of my speech is all done by fellow cannabis lovers. We are going to have serious political violence in the USA in November, December or January.
Speaker 24: I don't say things like this.
Speaker 23: I don't I'm not the person who says things like this, but it's gonna happen. I'm a serious student of politics, and when Donald talked about a bloodbath, he very specifically clarified that the auto industry will be the least of it. Think about it. Donald runs for office for exactly the same reason.
Speaker 3: As Hitler took.
Speaker 23: Get power and punish everyone who has made fun of him for so long. That's what he's doing it for. And this is it kids. When everyone in a group must swear allegiance to an obvious lie in order to serve a supreme leader, then bloodshed is not far away, is it. I hate to have to say things like this, but cannabis users have been stripped, stripped of our right to self defense. There is no equal right to self defense because our herb has been shamefully and you absurdly classified as a Schedule one drug. For us, it is a ten year federal felony to own a firearm or even to lie on their form.
Speaker 24: That's unacceptable.
Speaker 23: We may need to defend our families, our lives, and our property. I am gonna fight this really hard, and I have a great attorney, Tom Levine of Cannabis Council. That's gonna represent us, and we're gonna fight this till we win. We also we also need some activists. We also need some activists who are willing to carry a sign and demonstrate for cannabis and gun rights. This will be the first time ever in the world, but we're gonna do it, and we're gonna get gun rights because we're not just gonna furnish the.
Speaker 24: Blood for the blood bath.
Speaker 23: Who would participate in demonstrations for cannabis and gun rights, who would carry a sign?
Speaker 24: Please help us.
Speaker 23: If we get a dozen people protesting, we can change history. This would be the first protest ever about cannabis and gun rights. So I need to find two kinds of people. First, if there's somebody who is very, very interested in cannabis, they can sign up for the email list serve of the Safer Michigan Coalition. Me and Tim started that in two thousand and nine and we've won a lot since then.
Speaker 24: This list allows the hard core.
Speaker 23: Of the Michigan cannabis community to communicate with each other and you can be part of it. We almost have four hundred and twenty members. You could be number four hundred and twenty. Second, I need some tough people who are willing to carry signs like this and demonstrate and walk up and down on the street.
Speaker 3: We would get a lot of press and.
Speaker 24: We would win in the end.
Speaker 23: These, the people who will carry these signs and demonstrates, are today's heroes. And we may need a plaintiff out here. We may need one more plaintiff who has a cannabis medical card and a gun. I'll be sitting straight at the back of the diag for a couple of hours. Just ruey in the back, and if there's anybody who wants to sign up for the list for communication or sign up to fight for gun rights, come back please and sign my sheets.
Speaker 6: I say, free the weed, and thank you all for being here today.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 23: We when we smoke cannabis and you psychedelics, we are uniting with the spirit of the earth and the spirit for me of the Mother God. All right, right up, And this is the great, great Attorney Tom Levine of Cannabis Council in Detroit.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, it is true.
Speaker 23: And there's somebody who did so much more than me. I organized about a third of the local victories in Michigan. My friend Tim beckere organized about two thirds of them. He made my life dream come true by winning. Let me let you talk to Tim Beck now. Tim is the man if you sign up for our list, Tim is the man who will send you the news each morning.
Speaker 27: Thank you, Thank you, Chuck, bless you man. I'm so happy. We've had this friendship for so long. You know, I met this guy for the first time in two thousand and four. Didn't he know who he was? Okay? And I was doing a ball at Initia even Detroit to legalize medical use of marijuana. And then I found out that Chuck was doing one in an harbor. So we've been buddies ever since. But anyway, Hey, isn't it a beautiful day to day? You know, the sun shining, there's weed, you know, being passed around. They're earning any narks, lurking in the crowd of bust people. I remember those days, some of you do. It was pretty sick. And that stuff is over.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 27: I want to say something about thank you. I want to say something about John Sinclair. You know, I was in eighth grade, you know, in a Catholic school in Monroe County and I didn't know. I never met John, said Clare, but I sure heard about him. People hated his ass out there. Oh that son of a bitch. Oh it's so terrible, blah blah blah. Well, you know what, I got him in Roe County and I went to the University of Detroit in nineteen seventy and because of John Sidclair, I wanted to get my hands on some weed as fast as possible. Yeah, and I did. And I smoke weed for fifty years, for over fifty years, folks, And I'll tell you, man, it's been a blessing. And it's even better now that you know it's there for everybody. You don't really have to take a risk now, you know. Again, I met John Sainclair. I was a reporter for the student newspaper when he was at his height as Glory, and I, you know, I interviewed him and stuff, and it was an awesome figure. And you know, and after that, in two thousand and two, I had the ability to do to do something politically. So we got this medical marijuana initiative going, and Chuck got one going in ann Arbor. And you know, now, I tried to be nice to these people. John was in their face. It was fuck you, fuck the man. I tried to be nice, and they hated me too. I mean Governor Granholm, Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, Attorney General Mike Cox, the DEA Beaumont Hospital, I mean the Detroit Health Department. They even spent city money to try to defeat us.
Speaker 3: But we won.
Speaker 27: We won in Detroit and ann Arbor, and that got the ball rolling, It really did. And I got to know John personally later on in life when he was gotten on in years. And there's a side of him. Everybody thinks he's him as a tough guy, which he was. He was loud, he was in your face, he made people uncomfortable. But there was another side of him. He was a philosopher, he was an aesthetic. He was a good kind man. And that's the John said Claire that I got to know, you know. And in the end, the last time I saw him, I was hoping to see him this Saturday, but you know, he had He was at a party at the fifth anniversary of legalization of marijuana, you know, in Michigan, at matt Abel and Tom Levine's office, and John was not in very good health, folks, And you know, He asked me to help him to the bathroom in the you know, in his wheelchair, and I did, and he had a bathroom accident. Okay, I'll use your imagination, but it was kind of icky to some people.
Speaker 3: But I helped. I helped clean the thing up.
Speaker 27: And I know there's a part of me I thank God, you know that God gave me the opportunity to help this man who did so much for everybody else. It was a beautiful thing. And he didn't die a rich man. Okay, he didn't have a four to oh one k. He lived very humbly. His health was not good and he passed on way too early. And that's all I have to say. I just thank everybody. It's a wonderful day today and I love you all. Thank you, take care.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 28: I'm John and my roots are in Flint, Michigan, where I was born, and that's where John Sinclair was born, in Client, Michigan. And I just want to say that I was with John about ten weeks ago. He was in Detroit Receiving hospital. I got to talk to him. I knew him as being the artist. I'm a double de great artist and visual arts and we all need to say a prayer for John. John was instrumental in helping people out and he had a great heart.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much, all right, sorry that that Mike needs to be working up there for Josie. I was trying to circumvent this. Somebody get that for thanking all you guys helped me introduce Josie. The engine to so much great charitable work, the authentic passion for this work, to help people get their records expunge, just to help families out in many different ways. Okay, we need the mic for Josie to work. If possible, Tom, we go, testing, testing, testing.
Speaker 3: Josie Scoggin.
Speaker 8: Everybody let her know how you feel about her.
Speaker 29: Shit, I wrote a speech. I want to cry instead. My name is Josie. I am the HBI C at the Great Lakes Expungement Network. We are Michigan's favorite FIE free full service expungement program. Expungements are intersectional work.
Speaker 14: If you care about housing.
Speaker 29: Insecurity, if you care about food and security, if you care about recovery, you have to understand the burden that comes with a criminal record. Twenty five percent of Michigan unders are burdened by a criminal record. Right now, an automatic expungement was brought in to save it, but unfortunately we're seeing automatic expungement being reinstated without notice to the client, without notice to the courts.
Speaker 14: People need assistance.
Speaker 29: With expungement now more than ever, and it seems the state is making it harder. But we're gonna expunge a shit ton of records this year.
Speaker 30: And I don't give.
Speaker 29: A fuck what the Michigan State Place has to say about it, because I Fucke's Hut of the bad guys always winning, and I will just keep doing it and if they.
Speaker 14: Reverse it, we'll go back to court.
Speaker 29: Because people don't deserve to be in jail for cannabis. And if they go to jail for cannabis, they don't deserve to rot there.
Speaker 30: Oh here goes.
Speaker 29: My dad spent seventeen years in bedrol prison. It's hard for me to grapple and understand, and I carried a lot of shame with it and coming to the cannabis community. I was Michigan's first medical marijuana patient. So it's really popular in.
Speaker 14: High school.
Speaker 29: Coming into the community that looked like me, that loved me, that could smoke.
Speaker 30: Weed like me, and they all have the same story.
Speaker 29: Because guess what their daddy said, time in prison too. In fact, one in six Michiganders parents did time in jail this year. It's not just me, and if you're here, it's not just you. I'm really proud, eager, and excited to introduce our next guest, Kristin Flo. I met Kristin Floor ten years ago. Her dad was going to prison. I thought, wow, this feels familiar. He was growing weeds, so he's.
Speaker 8: The real criminal.
Speaker 29: Kristen started a campaign where she started putting money on the books for federal cannabis prisoners and other cannabis prisoners and people like her dad.
Speaker 20: And while he was in there, they.
Speaker 30: Started doing newsletters.
Speaker 29: They started doing birthday wishes because guess what, when you're sentenced to life in prison, people forget when it's your fucking birth Kay, But my girl said, uh uh, not in my house.
Speaker 30: I am proud, honored, look at me.
Speaker 29: I'm crying and eager to introduce Christin for with Freedom Grow.
Speaker 22: Already, Hi you guys, I'm coming before you today with the United Front. I've got Randy Lanier here, he's our CEO of Freedom Grow. I'm the executive director.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 22: Josie for the beautiful words. We've got some people coming out. If you have a prison outreach sign, please come and stand on these steps for us guys. My UH partner here Randy. He served twenty seven years of a life sentence, and as Josie was telling you, my father died shackled to a hospital bed. I took him off life support while his ankle was still shackled to the bed. He died with broken bones on Diego's colon cancer liver failure. All while my mom was in prison too for money laundering because they co own five dispensaries in Montana in twenty twelve. Now I'm a volunteer for Freedom Grow, an organization that's helps cannabis prisoners and their families. We put commissary on their books, We get them books magazines, regrant their wishes. We do a lot of the similar things that Redemption Foundation does. So I just want to thank you everybody who donates to the Redemption Foundation, because you are helping people. A lot of people who are incarcerated, such as Pedro Moreno, who's working on his twenty seventh year in prison of a life sentence. Edwin Rubin who's serving a forty year de facto life sentence, meaning that his sentence could possibly be longer than his lifespan. But I want to say congratulations because here in the state of Michigan, you guys had a medical plant prisoner, Betty Jenkins. She was just recently released. She's currently in the deportation process and us up in Canada, so it's super site excited for you guys. I also want to give congratulations to two people who are very very special to our organization, Glenn and Peggy Kneeling. I know you're out there somewhere. I couldn't see you, but they fought their case and they just recently got off of probation.
Speaker 14: So thank you.
Speaker 22: Congratulations to you guys. I want to I want to say say thank you to Redemption Foundation, Greater Lakes Expungement and Sons and Daughters United for bringing Randy and I out here and let me see here. I just want to introduce you guys for our CEO, Randy Lanier. Randy has a Netflix movie or a Netflix documentary out you guys should check out, called.
Speaker 31: Need for Weed.
Speaker 22: Randy is a race car driver and our CEO who served twenty seven years of will Life sentence.
Speaker 11: Hello greetings.
Speaker 32: First of all, thank you all of you for coming out here and sharing your time with us. And I want to thank Josie Scusin's from the Great Lakes Expungement Network. Thank you, Josie. Josie brought us up here. Freedom Go Team. We've got nationwide prisoners and their families we support. We support it from people like you that help us support them by paying for their phone calls.
Speaker 20: We have a wish program.
Speaker 32: We grant wishes to the prisoners of weed, so please free to Weed prisoners. I want to also think all of the people up here holding these signs, a lot of them have been incarcerated. They've been through the torture of the federal government or the states that lock us up for weed.
Speaker 20: And look at us now.
Speaker 32: John Sinclair, I send you my greatest regards.
Speaker 3: But guess what your voice is still being heard.
Speaker 32: Share your dreams, because when you share your dreams, you create just masterpieces of wonderful stuff and the right thing that's going on.
Speaker 20: Free the Weed.
Speaker 32: Thank you all for coming here, and Christian, thank you, thank you, Josie, thank you all for being a part of this day today. This is my first hash Bash and I am blown away.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 22: Yeah, guys, Randy came from Florida and I came from Washington State, and we're so grateful to be in your state. You guys are amazing. Before we go, I just want to say, oh yeah, I want to also let you guys say thanks special thanks for our founder, Stephanie Landa, who couldn't be here today, but I just want to thank her for founding Freedom Grow because we have helped quite a bit of people incarcerated. Right now, we have about two hundred and sixty people out on our outreach list, about one hundred and sixty of their children. We also do all drives for their children. It's very important because people going incarcerated for cannabis, they have families out there that are missing their loved ones. Before I go, I want to have everybody pay attention because this year at four twenty, there's a United Front coming together at the White House demanding that they deschedule cannabis for multiple reasons. Our reason, you guys, free the plant prisoners. That's why we want to descheduled prisons. We don't want cannabis. I thought I was falling here. We do not want cannabis on the scheduled drug risk whatsoever, so we want it descheduled. So this year for twenty please demand for descheduling. If you could join us in DC, we would love to have you. Before I go, I want to say rest and please to John Saint Clair. I want to say rest in peace to Gary Shepherd. Gary Shepherd lived in Kentucky. In fact, his ney Stacey Tye drives a big cannabis out here in Michigan for a couple of years. And uncle Gary was shot over twenty times by the federal government for protecting a couple of cannabis plants as a medical patient. Yes, this happened about twenty years ago. I also want to say rest in peace to Eugene Fisher, who helped get a couple people free, who served twenty five years of a life sentence, Randy Lanier's co defendant, Eugene Fisher. He got out and he passed away due to medical conditions that he got in prison. And of course rest in peace to my father Richard Floor.
Speaker 14: Guys, and let's.
Speaker 22: Come by booth fifty nine over here and sign one of our letters. We got letters asking the president to free all the cannabis prisoners with all their names on it. We love you guys, and thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: Thank you all.
Speaker 32: And by the way, I used to ship weed and tractor and trailers and my biggest place I was shipping at too was ann Album Michigan.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. I'm here, Yes, thank you.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you, thank you. Randy and Christen really appreciate it. Check out Freedom Grow help them out. Great work, all right, Thanks Josie for helping to bring these people here.
Speaker 8: That was pretty touching.
Speaker 7: Okay, so next up, we have a guy who's been around the block in this event. He's helped out around the state with many events and educational opportunities for people to help move the needle forward with cannabis reform. He's been doing a lot of work lately with Michigan weedsters. Let's hear it for Ryan bring Old.
Speaker 31: Thank you everybody, Thank you, Jamie Lowell, Thank you to everybody that showed.
Speaker 3: Up in Ashpash Happy Hashbash. That's my family out there. You guys are my people.
Speaker 31: I've been coming here for thirty three years straight because I love you, I love cannabis, and I love my cannabis family. That's surrounding me. We are here to celebrate. Yes, this is a celebration. It's a celebration of life, freedom, liberty, and the right to use and grow cannabis. We worked very hard for many years and it wasn't me. It was my forefathers like Chuck Reem, like Adam Brook, like John Sinclair, like many many others who I don't have time to talk about. Those are the guys that got us where we are today. We need to remember them because they put in hours, years, time after time to get us where we are. Let's not forget the freedoms that they fought for. And by not forgetting it means get your medical card.
Speaker 11: Adam Brook explained what he.
Speaker 3: Spoke, that's the true power.
Speaker 31: Of course, you don't need a medical card, but we want you to get one because when we go to Lansing to fight for our rights, your rights, everybody's rights, those cards may better. That's what the lawmakers see is how powerful we are as medical card holders. Also, those cards give you rights that recreational does not. Learn what those are. Read Section eight. Know that you have extra freedoms by carrying that med card. If you're eighteen years old, go get your MED card. Don't wait till you're twenty one to use use with a MED card. Also, join the Michigan Weedsters. It's an organization. It's all about Michigan business, Michigan families, Michigan people, controlling the market. It's our market. We created it. We need to be the ones in control of it. Med cards. Join the Michigan Weedsters. Those are very important things, very simple things, and it shows that you're all involved and accountable.
Speaker 8: We have rights.
Speaker 31: Let's save those rights, use them, exercise them. Let's honor the people that came before me you by doing those simple things. I want to introduce Amy Carter. Amy Carter's worked many years in the cannabis industry. She came in with mental health concerns for autism and people that could use cannabis for mental health. She is a freedom fighter like no other, a powerful mother, friend, community member. She is the president and founder of the Michigan Weeds. There's everybody, put your hands together right now for Amy Carter.
Speaker 33: Thank you everyone, thank you. I am honored to be speaking here today. I want to start by asking who here is from the great state of Michigan.
Speaker 14: Who's here from out of state?
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 14: As some of you know, Michigan has unique cannabis laws.
Speaker 33: Michigan, in my opinion, has the best of the some of the best cannabis laws in the country. From John Sinclair to Rick Thompson and many more, they have fought to shape the laws that we enjoy today. Since nineteen sixty three, we've only had eight voter initiative laws pass in our state.
Speaker 34: We need to protect those laws, just like we need to support Michigan businesses.
Speaker 33: Corporations are trying to get rid of mom and pop Michigan cannabis business Are we gonna let that happen? Are we gonna let them supply us with the Walmart weed? Are we gonna let them take our rights to grow at home away? We're Michiganders, we have grit, we have resilience, and we are not gonna let our rights go away. Please join the Michigan Weedsers to protect Michigan businesses, to protect our rights to grow at home, and protect our patient and caregiver system. If you would please repeat after me, we don't need corporate greed.
Speaker 34: Let's say it again.
Speaker 30: We don't need no corporate greed.
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 3: My name is Jacon Carter and I'm from Flint, Michigan.
Speaker 35: I'm up here talking today because I was on Doctor Phil in twenty fourteen and my mom.
Speaker 3: Almost lost me.
Speaker 11: I lost myself.
Speaker 35: I've been in and out of placements and my whole life has been an absolute miserable life. It's been a struggle every single day. And you know, anxiety is a thing. You know, depression is the thing, and that needs to be shined on. And the way I see this is I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't be alive if I didn't have my cannabis, my medication. And Jaden's Laws is a law that makes it so kids can have their medication at school. And I feel like we need to have that law in place because people like me need my medication in school. It's not okay to discriminate against me or anybody else. Everybody else has the same right, and that's my right to have my medication in school. If somebody has a siezere like I know people that have siezures.
Speaker 3: If they have a.
Speaker 35: Siezer at school and they need their medication, what you're gonna do?
Speaker 3: Let them die.
Speaker 35: People's lives matter, My life's matter, everybody's lives matter, right.
Speaker 3: I love all y'all.
Speaker 35: I just want to say right now, happy hashbad y'all.
Speaker 3: Good job.
Speaker 33: And next I want to introduce you to one one of my best friends, Leatricia Manson. She put a lot of hard work into today. So she's also a Michigan weedster.
Speaker 36: Thank you, happy hashbash wooo all right?
Speaker 14: Who has one of these?
Speaker 13: Put it up?
Speaker 14: Who's got one? Have already got one? Who you see this?
Speaker 36: This right here is what happens to make the protest happen. This right here is where the contributors for this event, when people come together to make sure we can get permits and people cleaning up all that good stuff. This is a grassroots event that means it's made by the people for the people. So I am the producer of this publication this year. You can see that it is based on time. The reason why we made it that way is because we are running out of time with the ogs that used to teach us what we need to do to move forward. It's time for us to pass the baton. It's time to see that there's a revolution in the youth right now, and it's important for us to pay attention to the past. So we can know what we're doing in the future from there. There is also a QR code on the front of this book. We want to bring some art back into the community. We want to bring the culture back. Let's start talking about things we can do when we're on hot, when we're on weed. Let's start talk about things we like to do when we're high, right, all right, So this QR code is going to allow you to vote for somebody that put one of the ads in this book, and then we're gonna give them a special prize. So let's make sure we keep that up also too. I am one of the co founders from the Michigan Weedsters. I am very proud to say that we have been able to help supply hundreds and hundreds of patients with RSO cancer patients and that came from Vehicle City, Geneson County, Capassion Club, Gems and Genetics, Big Cloud and so many other different dispensaries and caregivers in the state that's been able to help us make people more comfortable they're in their transitions. So all I wanted to say is thank you for coming out. I want to say thank you to hold on a second doop there's a few of.
Speaker 14: Them, Nature's Remedy.
Speaker 36: If you got a bag, you're gonna see there might also be a golden ticket in there from Tree Street Packaging. So I don't know if anybody got the golden ticket, come up here and see us. We'd like to give you a hugger, maybe take a picture with you. Bloom City, Misty Mountain, Lisif Tree Street, Triple Phoenix, Hot Cat. If you guys got out of those hot cats, got free French fries, like twenty five hundred coupons of French fries came out to you guys.
Speaker 14: But also we got.
Speaker 36: Old school hash Met's Cafe, time Wise Cannabis Life, Wildness, Harm Reduction Michigan Windwood Organics, Cannabis Consuls, Son and Daughters, Apothecare, Rue Law Expungement, excuse me, Glenn Asa green Sam, Thank you Green Sam too for your third year at the opat Michigan Psychedelic Society World three Judges, Mike Bros. Michigan Weedzeters. I am see here, Freedom Grow, Michigan Liberation more than hope to leander a flash flipping. So thank you very much to all of you who got involved. We would love to have you guys, get involved the art contest next year. We want this to be full of your art. We want to be able to display this to everybody in the world. So this is where our history is going to be too. You're gonna see all the different people that have helped us in the past, and we want you to learn this. This is the real history, This is what we wrote. Thank you very much, Haty Pash Pash, thank you very much. Just Cannon hold on a second. It's a little nervous, okay. I would like to introduce you to Katie Langrean. She is the co founder for Grahamstime green Stem has been a huge, huge contributor to Hashpash.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much, Jady, Hi everybody.
Speaker 34: My name is Katie Lynch Lndgren.
Speaker 37: I am from Niles, Michigan, over near the other side of the state. I am the daughter of George Lynch, who is an avid consumer and someone that I absolutely adore and look up to. He is a co founder. We are family business. We are a family business in Niles. Like I said, we have Greenstein the provisioning center, we screen, We do everything that we can in order to be able to give back. We have been a constant supporter of the Redemption Foundation, which I proudly now sit on the board of we AM, and the supporter of Glenn the Great Lakes Expungement Network, and a big supporter of Josie Skagan and all of her efforts with the Sons and Daughters United. I just have a few things that I would like to share with you, But aside from the buzzwords that are always big and always about family business, we gather here today amongst the hayes of this celebration and camaraderie, and let's take a minute to remember why we're here. The history of hashbash and the fight for legalizeation in Michigan isn't just a footnote in the history books, but it's a foundation upon which our freedoms are built. We owe a debt of gratitude to the trailblazers who dared to challenge the status quo, who risked everything to push for change. Too many have suffered, and too many have paid the ultimate price, lost to cancers, illnesses, or languishing behind bars for crimes that history has deemed unjust. But their sacrifices were not in vain. They paved the way for us and they let the path towards the future where cannabis isn't decriminal or isn't demonized, but celebrated, and it's us up to us to honor their legacy by ensuring that the industry that they fought for remains true to its roots. My comrades in the clouds, let's not forget that this fight wasn't about corporate interests or profit margins. It was about empowerment, about reclaiming our rights, and about ensuring that everyone has access to the healing powers of this plant. That's why, as we move forward, we must remain vigilant in protecting the spirit of this movement from being co opted by big business and monopolies.
Speaker 14: So, my fellow cannabis and.
Speaker 37: In cannabis enthusiasts, as we continue to march forward, let's carry with us the spirit of those that came before us. Let's be mindful of the sacrifices that were made, and let's ensure that the industry that we fought so hard to build remains true to its roots. I'm proud to stand here today to use my voice and to influence and be a steward of our industry, and I invite each and every one of you to join me in this journey together. Let's celebrate our victories, Let's honor our past. Let's blaze a trail forward in a future where cannabis is not just.
Speaker 34: Legal, but truly liberated.
Speaker 38: Let's continue this conversation find me on Instagram. Let's keep fighting for a future where cannabis is celebrated and not criminalized. Thank you, and let's keep the spirit of hash burning bright.
Speaker 36: Hello, happy hashbash. I am excited to get to introduce one of my dear friends. You may know him as Comrade Counselman on Twitter. Counselman Goodman has come down from Pontiac with us today. Mikail is notorious for speaking his mind and holding people's feet to the fire. So he is an ally of friend and I'm thankful. Please give your hands up for Mikhaile Goodman, Comrade Counselman.
Speaker 11: Hello everyone, Hey, we can do a little bit better than that.
Speaker 5: Hello everyone, So before I say anything, I take it it is just fair and respectful that we take a moment of silence for everyone in this movement who has come before. For me, especially is my best friend. Some of you may know her. Her name was Aa Abbas. She was very involved in the space. She is the entire reason why I am in politics the way that I am to this day.
Speaker 11: So if we can't just take a quick moment.
Speaker 5: Of silence for one of my closest friends. So this is my second year speaking at Hashbash. I do it in honor of my friend every well now for the second year, hopefully I'll be invited to more. And it is because activism is so extremely important to this space and everything that we do. We have not a arrived at the point to be able to have a college campus diag full of fucking stoners just by sitting on our hands. We got here by working hard, by doing the acts, and by fighting tooth and nail for people like us, but also for the people who are near and dear to us. So, you know, I think it's a little important to go over why they called me the comrade councilman. As my friend said, I am on city councilor in Pontiac. I am an active stoner. I've been smoking probably since before it was legal for me to do so, but I've been definitely smoking since it's been legal for me to do so. And my friends, how have fought very hard for all of us to be able to do that. Now it's really hard to talk about weed because it irritates me that I have to drive fifteen minutes every single time that I need to buy some more weed because the corporate greed is keeping the weed out of my city. We have the big industries who we all know, who have one thousand and one dispensaries and are pushing out every single black and brown and poor person the city of Pontiac who is a victim of the war on drugs. The city of Pontiac, like the city of Flint, like the city of Inkster, Detroit, is a.
Speaker 13: War ground for the war on.
Speaker 11: Drugs that has hurt so many of our community.
Speaker 5: And unfortunately, we have the people who have found a way to privatize and profit off of what is medicine for so many people. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel because despite all the fighting back and all the bullshit that comes from the corporate benefactors who want to pocket all of the money for themselves to hide what is a miracle plant for so many people. Behind this paywall, we have so many things that are happening. We have people like Jaden. We have Jaden's a lot that's happening. We have communities that are actually standing up to make sure that when weed comes to our cities, that our communities actually benefit from it happening. Not just the white people unfortunately who have money, who have their connections to out of state people who have access to millions upon millions of dollars, and politicians in their back pocket. On this side, we have politicians like me and a couple may who may come after me in the Speaker's list, who is fighting hard to make sure that when shit happens, it's happening for us. It is happening for the people in this crowd, not for the people who sit in back rooms and have their fucking check books and their playbooks for how they can screw us over. This crowd is so amazing because we have people who look like the average everyday person. Because let me just ask a question. If you are in this crowd and you smoke weed, raise your hand. These are people who you see every single day. These are people who you see at the grocery store as your doctors off is taking your blood. The people who are teaching your kids, the people who are doing the real hard work at building up society because I'm gonna be honest with you, some of y'all would not make it to the day if someone else did not smoke weed.
Speaker 11: I know that I wouldn't make it through some city.
Speaker 5: Council meetings sometimes if I did not smoke weed before.
Speaker 11: So I stand up here to.
Speaker 5: Say one, free the weed, keep fighting hard to make sure that shit happens not for the people with money, but for us, not them us. So with that, I have no clue who is coming up next, but I do want to say thank you so much for all of you coming out here to hash Bash, showing the support for the people and the movement that has been able to make this happen and will continue to make shit happen because we cannot stop. And I know, good and damn well, ain't none of us back here or in this crowd gonna stop. So with that, I want to say thank you, Happy hash Bash and free the weed.
Speaker 8: Thanks cool, all right, councilman, goodman, thank you very much.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 7: Coming up next to is an educator of ntheogens, a therapist, one of the founders of Anthiofests, which typically takes place right here in September and the head of the Michigan Psychedelic Society.
Speaker 8: Please welcome Julie Barron. Thank you so much.
Speaker 39: Hi everybody. It is such an honor to be with you all here today. My first Hashbash was nineteen eighty seven. I was fifteen years old. I went to school here. This has always been a really important day and a really important movement.
Speaker 40: In my life.
Speaker 39: In twenty twenty, we were the third city in the nation to decriminalize psilosicide I been and other entheogenic plants here in ann Arbor. It was a big move and we keep this the plant Power to the People movement moving right. So cannabis was our our first movement in that way, and this movement is not over. The cannabis movement clearly is not over, as you can hear from all the speakers today. But we have to keep the work going, and we've started to include other plant allies. And I want to really, you know, talk about this is This is not a necessarily a war on the substances.
Speaker 8: That's not what this is.
Speaker 39: This is a war on liberation. And I don't want us to get caught up. Actually that's not true. Enjoy all the substances. Enjoy the heck out of them, use them, use them for you know, personal work, use them for spiritual work, use them for fun. But don't get caught up in that. This is a movement about liberation, right, This is a movement about a liberation, So don't get distracted.
Speaker 3: Keep focus.
Speaker 39: Enjoy the medicine, use the medicine, but then put that energy towards empowerment of all of the people here and all of the people who are not here, and all the people who've worked before us to get here to this point now, and those that will continue to work into the future. This psychedelic movement is about building community. It's about getting people together. It is a community movement, so it literally requires each one of us to do our part. Please contact Michigan Psychedelic Society if you'd like to move this work forward and work towards our collective liberation. I hope to hear from all of you, Michigan Psychedelic Society.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 14: Hey Julie, Oh, where'd you find him?
Speaker 13: Roughly?
Speaker 36: I got car keys in my hand, found roughly that way. I'm gonna put them in Jamie's capable hands. They are up here with a gold kind key lanyard. Uh with that, I'm looky. Yes, I get to introduce another good friend of mine, our state Senator, Senator jeff Erwin.
Speaker 14: He is no.
Speaker 36: Stranger to this community, been fighting for us a long time in Lansing. Very happy to always have him in our corner, our State Senator jeff Erwin.
Speaker 41: Okay, all right, thank you, Leah, thank you. Hashbash twenty twenty four. Is this a beautiful day.
Speaker 3: At ann Arbor or what?
Speaker 41: Absolutely, it's a beautiful day to celebrate what we've done here in Michigan, where we have the best cannabis reform law on the entire country. Michigan is doing it right and we need you to stay engaged so we can keep doing it better and better. It's a beautiful day, a beautiful cannabis legalization law here in Michigan. And I am always honored to be with you here on hashbash to do a couple of things.
Speaker 3: One to welcome you to this beautiful city.
Speaker 41: Ann Arbor here on the University of Michigan campus has been the epicenter of cannabis activism here in America for over forty years. All right, yes, and thank you for being here again to celebrate our path to progress, to celebrate the great law. We have to celebrate the idea that nobody should be put in jail for using a plant like cannabis.
Speaker 3: All right, So thank you for being with us here today.
Speaker 41: Thank you for celebrating the great weather, thank you for celebrating the cannabis plant. And the second thing I'm here to do is to remind you of your responsibilities to each other, to this movement and to cannabis. What I want to ask you to do is I want to ask you to get active politically.
Speaker 3: I want you to vote right.
Speaker 41: I want you to vote this fall and this fall when Michigan becomes the epicenter of a national political campaign, I want you to raise your voices and ask every one of those politicians, what do you think about cannabis?
Speaker 3: Do you think people should be put in jail for you un in the cannabis.
Speaker 41: No, there's one right answer, and these politicians are only gonna get to the right.
Speaker 3: Answer if you ask them.
Speaker 41: When these federal candidates come through, I want you to ask them, what are we gonna do about descheduling cannabis at the federal level. Let's make sure that Michigan leads the way so that nobody has to go to jail for using cannabis. So these when these national politicians and when these local and state politicians come and ask you for your vote, are you gonna ask them what they think about cannabis laws?
Speaker 3: All right? And I want you to. I want you to take it a step further.
Speaker 41: I'm here today as a state senator here in the fifteenth district, dressed up like a state senator because I want you to know that there are people like you walking around in your town every day that you need to build a relationship with. You need to know your city council people. You need to know your sheriff and your prosecutor. You need to know who your mayor is. You need to ask them questions when they're running for office, like do you think that we should be allowed to have cannabis stores in our city just like we have liquor stores, just like we have coffee shops, just like we have grocery stores. If you're not asking them those questions, then they're not going to get to the right answer. So I want to ask you to build that relationship. It starts with voting, but you need to raise your voice and get to know these politicians. We work for you, We work for you. Your elected officials are answerable to you. And this year, in November and in August, in the primaries, you have a unique opportunity to take what you care about, to take what brought you out here today, to celebrate cannabis and cannabis legalization, and to take that to these elected officials and to make sure that they answer the question do you support cannabis legalization? Do you think that we should allow cannabis trade in our community? Do you think anyone should go to jail for using a plant? So I want to thank you for doing that work. I want to thank you for being here in this beautiful city to join in this long running protest that now has turned into a celebration of the great laws that we have here today. And I also want to ask you to take the next step and help some of us who are trying to end this war on drugs completely. The war on drugs is a war against our people. People need support, people need community. They don't need more badges and guns and handcuffs.
Speaker 3: So let's work together.
Speaker 41: Let's make sure we continue to celebrate and protect this law, protect home grow, protect against some of the attacks and lancing to raise your taxes. Make sure that we stand up for local access. And then together, let's take the next step. Let's make sure we legalize ntheogens. Let's make sure we criminalize drugs and make sure that this horrible war, this war on drugs against our people is ended. Thank you so much for being here. Thank you all for all the activism that you've done. Thanks for being here in this beautiful town. Make sure you tip your button tender and your waiter and enjoy this great town.
Speaker 3: We're happy to have you. Thank you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I appreciate it, all right, Senator Irwin.
Speaker 7: Everybody remember at John's eightieth birthday party in Flint, Senator Irwin showed up with a commemoration signed by other lawmakers, the governor, a lot of people to pay tribute to Johnson clear for his contribution to civil rights and culture. And that was really cool. And of course he's been in Ali for many years. Let's hear it again for Senator Jeff Irwin, please.
Speaker 8: And some announcements. There are some keys here GMC keys.
Speaker 7: With the fob please let me know. And for sure, Brandon Martinez, please come see me. I have your wallet, so and if anybody finds that ring, let me know. These things happen at these events. So coming up, we have a speaker who's a passionate medical cannabis advocate who's done some good organizing this year to help try to affect some policy change and make it easier for people to have access. And one of the things we'd like to do with hashbash is recognize people who are doing some work in the air and offer up this.
Speaker 8: Forum to let people know what's going on.
Speaker 7: And so it's a pleasure to introduce to you for the first time in Hashbash Summer Sky.
Speaker 8: Do you want to hold on?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 42: Thanks?
Speaker 43: All right, thank you so much for having me, Jamie Lowell, thank you for inviting me here. And before I speak, I just want to say rest in peace to Johnson Claire, Rest and peace direct, Rest in peace to every single person who has been negatively impacted by the War on drugs, People that suffered from various different medical conditions that could have been treated by cannabis, people that unfortunately had to spend their entire lives incarcerated. It's an incredibly sad situation and it just simply should not be happening.
Speaker 34: And so my name is Summer Sky.
Speaker 43: And I have been incredibly passionate about medical cannabis since I was sixteen years old.
Speaker 34: A little bit of background about me.
Speaker 43: I immediately went into the cannabis industry after I graduated from Central at.
Speaker 34: The age of twenty one.
Speaker 43: There's truly no need for me to really discuss anything else that I've done professionally. Today is the fifty third hashbas celebration, and you know, it's about the journey and the fight for being able to use cannabis medicinally and recreationally. In fact, just being able to work in cannabis and being able to stand here today is absolutely a privilege and a privilege that some people will never be able to experience because they're incarcerated or they passed away before they ever had the opportunity. And so cannabis, you know, it was legalized medically in Michigan and even recreationally. But you know, I recognized that that privilege in myself and I'll you know, I'll never take that for granted. So I would like to share a little bit of a sad story, so just be prepared. But when I was sixteen years old, my four year old cousin passed away from a rare, undiagnosable form of epilepsy. The medication that he was on it left him unable to walk or talk. His entire life was he essentially remained an infant that continued to grow in height. I was actually able to go on and make a wish trip with him to Disney with my family and my grandma the year before he passed away, and I am so thankful for the time that I was able to spend with him while he was still on Earth. After his passing on Valentine's Day of twenty sixteen, I was incredibly shocked and confused about my cousin's death. I started researching epilepsy cure as epilepsy treatment, and I just wanted to find answers, any clues, and I eventually found all these different stories of parents that would bring their children to Colorado so that they could get safe, legal access to medicine that would treat and even stop their.
Speaker 34: Seizures for their children.
Speaker 43: And ever since then, I have been incredibly passionate about the medical side of cannabis and an advocate for it, and just to clarify, I'm not a doctor, but in my opinion, if cannabis was an option for my cousin, there is no doubt in my soul that he would not only be alive, but he would have been able to talk and walk because the inabilities were side effects of the medications to subdue as seizures. And ever since then, I have been an advocate. And so during my undergrad when I studied event management, a friend of mine gave me.
Speaker 34: A magazine where they interviewed the VP.
Speaker 43: Of MJ Biscon and it made me realize that I could work in the cannabis industry and help people and advocate for medical and decriminalized cannabis. And after that, I knew that I was going to work in cannabis and that there would be nothing to stop me. About a year and a half into my career, I received the worst phone call I could ever hear.
Speaker 34: My grandma died. She was essentially like my second mother.
Speaker 43: Throughout the last two decades of her life, she suffered with rheumatoid arthritis.
Speaker 34: The last ten years of her life, she could barely open her hands.
Speaker 43: She could really only make use of her pointer finger and her thumb, but it was still incredibly difficult for her to pick up things and just live her daily life. And so with that, you know, having that constant chronic pain, it's debilitating for anyone. And I always, you know, ever since I became an advocate, I started advocating for her to at least take TVD gummies topicals, but she was always very reluctant. She eventually talked to her doctor about it, and they actually threatened to take away her medicine that she was physically addicted to in order to survive if they ever found cannabis in her system. Given topicals would't show up on a drug test, she was more open to them, but they would It would only subdue the pain, It didn't really treat it as much as it could have with other options. And just because of the generation that she grew up in, she was incredibly reluctant to try it and gen and if my grandma uh doctors were supportive of medical cannabis to treat her rheumatoid arthritis, I believe that that not only would have extended her life, but it also would have made her quality of life so much more better and just her exists and so much more bearable and I couldn't save her. And even though I tried, that generation is just scared because they were fed propaganda their entire lives. And when I saw my grandma in her living room on the day I got the call, there were about twelve different pill bottles on her coffee table.
Speaker 34: And it's so sad.
Speaker 43: Because instead of using all these different laboratory made medicines, we could just be using plant medicine.
Speaker 34: The system is broken. The fact that it's okay, so yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: It seems like we have another possible medical scenario over here and we have to kind of like hold up until we can get some resolution with it. So we're gonna freeze for a minute, see if we can get some attention over there that's needed.
Speaker 8: Sorry, everybody, and thank you very much.
Speaker 13: So far.
Speaker 8: We'll get we'll get we'll get right back to her.
Speaker 34: And unfortunately the story does continue.
Speaker 43: Last Thanksgiving, my dad was having some health issues to the point where he couldn't participate in the holiday and he actually had to have my mom drive into the hospital and it was discovered that he actually had lung cancer, and that was the most one of the scariest moments I've ever experienced in my whole life, and I immediately contacted my resources and my support systems to get RASO to treat my dad with an extremely short notice. I would like to give a huge shout out to Travis, the founder of North Coast, because he was able to supply my dad with a seemingly endless supply of RSO to treat his cancer. So Travis started a nonprofit called The Forgotten where he helps supply people with RSO to treat various different conditions. So if you know someone that needs RSO, please contact Travis with North Coast and he would be more than happy to help you. And then, in conjunction with chemotherapy and eating apricot seeds, which was a tip from my friend Tori, I got the news back in February that the doctors UH found that the cancer has stopped writing and actually has shrunk, and in fact, the doctor said that they have never seen anyone in their entire lives seemingly beat cancer as fast as my dad did. Unfortunately, we're still not out of the woods yet. As wonderful as that is, he still has to have some tests, but RSO and apricot seeds absolutely helped my dad with diminishing his cancer. I don't know what I have done, what I would have done without the donation of rs O the Apricot seeds, and I am just so absolutely thankful for everyone that came together to help my dad. I couldn't say my cousin, I couldn't say my grandma, but I had to say my dad. And unfortunately, not everyone is as lucky as my dad. I would like to pay another tribute to Rick Thompson who did pass away from cancer.
Speaker 34: Unfortunately, there are a lot of people.
Speaker 43: That there are a lot of people who unfortunately never had access to it, to cannabis to treat their cancer, their their epilepsy, their their rheumatoid arth right, various different conditions and it is just absolutely devastating. And if if more doctors were open to cannabis as a treatment, there would be far less deaths from permeable, preventable illnesses and cancer. Again, I'm not a doctor, but that's just my opinion. And at the forefront of it all, there absolutely would be no Hashbash without John Sinclair and so rest in peace again.
Speaker 13: John.
Speaker 43: It is as a as a community is it is our responsibility to continue to fight for what is right and how this plant should be handled medically and legally. As scary as it can be to use your voice, it really is all that we have as people and individuals. It is our It is our most powerful tool and asset for talking about and fighting for what is right instead of just letting the system dictate how the industry should be and how the plan should be treated. And we are only going to continue to lose our rights by turning a blind eye. It is imperative that all of us rally together and talk about what is right and how the industry should be and how the caregiver program should be. Thank you again for having me and for listening to me today. I never would have anticipated that I would happen to have an opportunity to speak at hash Bash, and it is absolutely an honor to be a part of this community.
Speaker 34: My closing is that.
Speaker 43: You know, I empower all of you to fight for medical care for your loved ones and family members before it's too late.
Speaker 34: Thank you.
Speaker 7: All right, Summer Sky, Thank you very much again. We have keys and a wallet up here, so hopefully somebody decides that they could use it and they claim it anybody can use a wall, all right. So very happy to introduce our next speaker. Last few years, he's been stepping up to represent a lot of veterans issues in this cannabis community. He's done a lot of work in Michigan and nationally and this is not his first time, but it's always great to have him here and let us know what's going on. Ladies and gentlemen, Please welcome Anton Harp Junior.
Speaker 15: Thanks well, I appreciate it.
Speaker 44: Hash Bashed twenty twenty four. How's everybody doing today? My name is Anton Harp Junior, and I always like to start off with a couple of different things about who I am and what I represent. First and foremost, I'll start off and say that I'm a very proud first generation Palestinian American and my family came to this wonderful country back in the sixties after fleeing the occupied territory of Palestine, and in one generation I was created. And I'm a proud American combat veteran who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom. For many of us, the real war doesn't start until we get back home. Fighting in combat was the easy thing. Coming back home and having to go to the veterans administration and being pumped full of pharmaceutical poisons for years. This is what our men and women who have served our country honorably face every day. And as I stand here, I look at that flag behind us waving on.
Speaker 3: This wonderful day that we've been blessed with.
Speaker 44: You know, I took an oath to defend that flag with my life, and I honor that oath. But the reality is our country has not stepped up and provided the proper resources.
Speaker 24: To our men and women who have put it all.
Speaker 3: On the line.
Speaker 19: They haven't.
Speaker 44: But what we do have, we have a wonderful plant, the cannabis plant that we're all here today to honor. This plant can save lives, It has saved lives. Is a cancer survivor of the burn pits in Iraq. This plant provided me with the quality of life that I wouldn't have had otherwise. Not many people realize that when we legalized cannabis back in twenty eighteen, we the people set aside forty million dollars to research the effects of cannabis in PTSD in our veteran community.
Speaker 11: Not many people realize.
Speaker 44: That that was supposed to be a five year study we are three years into this study and no research has been taking place. The state of Michigan needs to be held accountable. Transparency is key.
Speaker 8: Where is our money being spent?
Speaker 24: They won't tell you.
Speaker 44: The University of Michigan has received millions of dollars. When I ask where that money is being spent, I'm blown off. Wayne State University got twenty million dollars of our tax dollars and will not tell us where.
Speaker 11: It's being spent.
Speaker 24: Where is the accountability?
Speaker 44: And each day that goes by that they're lining their pockets with our tax dollars. Twenty two veterans are killing themselves because they have no resources. Hopelessness is what leads to suicide in my community. So with that being said, I appreciate you, I appreciate our country, and I appreciate everybody coming out here.
Speaker 20: To support us and listen to us.
Speaker 40: This is community and this is what we're about.
Speaker 17: Thank you, God bless.
Speaker 44: And with that said, next up a great friend of mine, a pillar of the cannabis community, Miss Brandy Zinc, the director of Americans for Safe Access in Michigan. We wouldn't be where we are today without her.
Speaker 45: So Brandy, well, thank you Anton.
Speaker 14: Thank you for your service, Thank you for your support.
Speaker 45: We really actually wouldn't be here without Johnson Clair. We wouldn't be here without Lenny Sinclair.
Speaker 14: We wouldn't be.
Speaker 45: Here without so many of our brothers and sisters who have walked on.
Speaker 30: With great love in my heart, I ask you to please light.
Speaker 45: One up for Rick Thompson, for Rory Gold, for Brat Lampkey, for Steve Lovinger, and for all.
Speaker 14: Of our fallen warriors that we've lost through the years.
Speaker 45: If you want to light one up and say the name of your loved one now that you're missing, that you wish were here here in our hearts and in our spirit. And they want us to keep the fire going. They want us to remember why we have the amazing law that we have in Michigan. How many people are here who are not from Michigan. Raise your hands. I see you, Ohio, I see you, Indiana, I see you, Kentucky and Illinois and Washington State, in Florida and everywhere else that you.
Speaker 14: Come from far and wide.
Speaker 30: I see you. I love you.
Speaker 45: I thank you for being here in this beautiful day, in this hallowed ground. This is an election year. You must make sure that you and everyone you know is registered to vote. That is why we have the amazing rights that.
Speaker 14: We have and enjoy and love in Michigan.
Speaker 45: It's because we were registered to vote, and we use that power.
Speaker 30: It is time for the federal government to.
Speaker 14: Listen to the states.
Speaker 30: Our federal government has done great.
Speaker 14: Harm through the prohibition of cannabis.
Speaker 45: It is time that we deschedule cannabis and remove it. So I want you to get out your phones, and I'm gonna give you a very important number.
Speaker 30: I want you to call this number and find out.
Speaker 45: Who your representatives are and for the numbers for your senators where you live.
Speaker 30: Get out your phone.
Speaker 14: It's too oh two two two four three one two one.
Speaker 45: That's too oh two two two four three one three two. That is the capital switchboard, And that's who you need to call, so that you can make sure that your congress people know it is time to de schedule cannabis. I also want you to make sure that you're paying attention to what's going on in your state. There are discussions in Michigan's legislature to merge the cannabis laws for medical and for adult use. I say these discussions are going on. They need to have a patient in the room. So you need to be sure that you are paying attention to what is going on in our state legislature. We cannot have them change our law without giving our input.
Speaker 30: Our state legislators and our congress.
Speaker 45: People need you to call them, to write them, to show up at their town halls or their coffee hours.
Speaker 30: They do listen, but only if you speak up.
Speaker 45: Your voice is your power, and we are mighty, mighty powerful, as you know. But we cannot take it for granted that just because legalization has passed, that everything is just hunky dory.
Speaker 30: Patients still have many many risks.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 45: We have a laws that we have now because medical patients were taken off the battlefield first. So we need to protect the integrity of our medical marijuana law. We need to make sure that you get your card. If you have a qualifying condition and you let your card go, you need to renew your card. If you know someone who has a qualifying condition, you need to get a card and make sure they get their card.
Speaker 30: The numbers that we have in our medical program are going.
Speaker 45: Down, and that is because I think that many people take it for granted with adult use that medical patients are protected. Medical patients need equity in the state, and we need to be make sure that medical patients are free from discrimination, that we are free from.
Speaker 40: Taxes.
Speaker 30: We need to make sure that medical patients are.
Speaker 45: Protected for their child custody issues, for their job and their employment, for their professional licenses, if you're on probation, for driving privileges, and for housing, and let us not forget our veterans. All of those people are at risk, and we need to make sure that our state legislators who are they're going to try to merge the two programs, make sure that they.
Speaker 14: Do not forget the patients.
Speaker 45: I'd like to thank everyone who has joined Americans for Safe Access and signed ups that you can be empowered and you can have the knowledge, and you can pay attention to what's going on with our legislatures and both federal and local and state issues. So I want to thank the people who have been contributing to our Michigan.
Speaker 30: Chapter, my vice chair Jamie Lowell.
Speaker 45: We have here Anton represents our veterans. We have Miriam Halprin, we have doctor Gustrosnya, we have doctor Michael Whitty, and then Gail Witty, And I want to thank everyone who's ever been involved.
Speaker 14: This is a beautiful movement.
Speaker 30: That we have and we need you to join us too.
Speaker 45: So safeaccessnow dot org is Americans for Safe Access. We are the largest and oldest patient organization. We're in all fifty states. So keep the fire going, keep that fire burning for those who have walked on, and we walk on and love and freedom.
Speaker 30: And I'd like to thank this young man.
Speaker 45: He's a courageous young man, Jaden, who's gonna talk to you about.
Speaker 30: What he's doing with.
Speaker 45: Jaden's Law is one of the laws that we need to remind our legislators that we need to pass.
Speaker 35: All right, I'd like to give a big shout out to my big friend Rick at this aka mister fun guy.
Speaker 3: Hello hashbash.
Speaker 42: My name's rick Anstis, and I am tired of our government in how the fuck they're running our lives and our law.
Speaker 3: I'm so sick of it that I'm.
Speaker 42: Running for Barrion County Commissioner this year because that's how that's how you make the changes.
Speaker 40: You get involved.
Speaker 42: Like everybody else has said here, you call your state representatives, you make communications with them, you have dialect, you go back and forth and with that, you build relationships, and with those relationships, you build structure for moving things forward because a lot of these legislators don't understand the medicinal value of this plant. We came out of, we came out of medical talking about recreational and adult use, and I feel like we need to get those verbiages out of our mouth because they diminish the value of the medicinal plant. So, first off, it's a plant that helps, it heals. It's done it for ten thousand years, It's going to do it for ten thousand more. Beyond that, there's other uses for it. But if we don't start with it being a life saving essence to millions of people and validate and stand on that, we're doing it a great disjustice. And I want to become the next Burying County Commissioner because we need leaders in there that can influence our health departments. We currently have a campaign and Burying County that's called the Dirt on Weed and it is the worst campaign I've ever seen, filled with propaganda and mongering.
Speaker 40: We don't need that.
Speaker 42: We need an opportunity to understand that there's a medical program in this state that allows you to have a personal caregiver where they personally attend to your medical needs with this plant. People should know that if it's an option, then it needs to be an option all the way across the board. The Health Department needs to recognize it, not diminish it. And I feel that many township leaders, commissioners, sheriffs have all fallen victim or fallen suit with this agenda in this narrative be just because whether they believed it or not. We need to change that narrative over and validate the truth in the plant.
Speaker 3: We need more testimonies.
Speaker 42: We need the testimonies we had in twenty sixteen, two thousand and eight.
Speaker 40: We need the people that are being healed and pulled back.
Speaker 42: I heard a couple stories tonight that were great or today that people using this plant to save their lives.
Speaker 40: We need to continue that message.
Speaker 42: And again, yes there's fun times for the use of this, but we can't allow it to be so de minimized that it's like alcohol or cigarettes, because it certainly isn't. So with that, I appreciate everybody here and let's just keep fighting. Call your local representatives tell them that you want late to see Jaden's law. Get passed and push through to the House floor and into law.
Speaker 40: These kids need this. Thank you, Hi, I'm back again.
Speaker 36: This time I get to introduce the h is ranking elected. Here are congresswomen. Congresswoman Debbie Dingle, one of the voices that has been fighting in DC for the federal reform of our beloved plant and is fearless in all she does and says very thankful for her friendship to our community. And let's give her a warm welcome, the wonderful Congresswoman Debbie Dingle.
Speaker 14: Are we all having fun? Are we just high on life?
Speaker 13: Good?
Speaker 14: So it's great to be here with all of you again.
Speaker 46: I still always think I'm one of the least likely people to be here, but I feel very strongly about a few things. And I want to thank Jamie Lowell for organizing another great hashbash. It's the fifty third one. Now, I do think that you were at the fifty fourth for a fifty fourth Oh he was at the fourth one. I wasn't, but I wish i'd been there for John Lennon. Now, I wish we could get, you know, Paul McCartney to come for tradition.
Speaker 14: Maybe we try for that next.
Speaker 46: But I do think that we just want to take a moment and remember and honor the life of our friend John Sinclair.
Speaker 14: His and it's sad that he died just a few.
Speaker 46: Days before today, but he is one of the reasons we're all here together, and that we have been coming together for decades.
Speaker 14: So we're going to.
Speaker 46: Keep up this fight in his memory and with his strength and his conviction.
Speaker 14: And I want to you.
Speaker 46: Know, I'm still standing up here and have never smoked marijuana, swallowed marijuana, or done anything. But I think everybody's got I know, you guys are going to try to get me. I mean, I tell the truth, but I still think, you know, if you want to, you should be able to.
Speaker 14: And people have made their voices heard.
Speaker 46: More Americans now live in a state that has legalized marijuana, and a new Pere research analysis has shown that most also have at least one dispensary in their county. But I might not like tell you what in memory of John Sinclair or I'm not quite sure what the word is. You know, ten years ago he said, not as many people come. I think we've got a great crowd, don't we have a great crowd. But there wasn't as much to fight for anymore, and I would beg to differ.
Speaker 14: The fact of the matter is we got to change our.
Speaker 46: Laws to keep up with what's happening across America.
Speaker 14: A patchwork of laws doesn't work.
Speaker 46: There are a lot of pieces to this, but that one's the most important to me. This one is we have to decriminalize marijuana and get people out of jail.
Speaker 3: Time.
Speaker 46: Last Congress, we passed the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expunge in Act to decriminalize marijuana, expunge criminal records, and implement economic policies to support those hurt.
Speaker 14: Most by the War on drugs.
Speaker 46: And people who think this doesn't matter, I want to tell you something.
Speaker 14: Even with twin t.
Speaker 46: Four states and DC allowing legal adult use of kids and two thirds of the country allowing legal medical more than a quarter of a million people were arrested for marijuana related violations, according to a no and ninety two percent of them were just for marijuana possession. So it's time time, So we got to make sure we make your voices heard. We also have to recognize that medical marijuana helps people who are hurting period.
Speaker 14: We know that people who are addicted or not don't get addicted.
Speaker 46: People who are suffering from pain become addicted to pain pills.
Speaker 14: They need to have an alternate.
Speaker 46: I kept trying to get John Diggle to try marijuana and he wasn't.
Speaker 14: So I took opioids and was afraid of that. But it helps.
Speaker 46: It gives people release, and that's why last Congress I introduced the Bipartisan Medical Marijuana Research Act, which passed the House to remove bureaucatic barriers and federal roadblocks to medical marijuana use and research. So here's a reality. This industry's not going away. And I think it should be legal, and I think it should be safe.
Speaker 14: And we've got one more problem we can't get done.
Speaker 46: That's why I'm the original co sponsor of the Safe Banking Act to address the inequities for marijuana businesses and protect the safety and security of small businesses and their employees by increasing access to the banking system.
Speaker 14: You shouldn't have to carry a bunch of cash around.
Speaker 46: It's beyond time to change our federal marijuana laws period legalize it. We're wasting law enforcement's time and resources and prosecutors, but we have a prosecutor that does well. We don't have the problem here by prosecuting low level marijuana possession.
Speaker 14: And we all know that this.
Speaker 46: Disproportionately impacts community of color, and one simple conviction of possession can derail lives, can make it harder for jobs, housing, guaranteeing harsher sentences in the future.
Speaker 14: It's wrong. So okay, I want you to do whatever you want to do today.
Speaker 46: I'm going to get high in life. You can smoke, you can drink, you can do whatever. But and memory of John Sinclair, our work isn't over. We gotta get marijuana decriminalized, we gotta get safe banking, we gotta get research done, and our job isn't done until we get that done. So you don't need to talk to I'm not political today, but you don't need to talk to any Democrats.
Speaker 14: Go talk to the Republican. So won't get this done. Thank you have fun. I'm back again.
Speaker 36: So most of our community probably hesitates when you hear law enforcement sheriff that type of stuff. Well, I get the unique privilege of introducing you to a pro cannabis sheriff candidate who's running to be the next shaff right here in Washingall County. My dear friend Alicia Dyer, we are in need of dire change.
Speaker 16: Thank you Leah for that fabulous introduction. Happy hashbashaw whoo. So my name is Alisha Dyer and I'm running for sheriff and I believe that.
Speaker 30: We need to end the war on drugs.
Speaker 16: When I was a deputy working here, I grew up in Ipsilanti and ann Arbor was at the forefront of real change in cannabis and they were able to decriminalize it well before it was legalized in Michigan. But unfortunately in Ipsey Township, people were still getting their cars towed and people were still being harassed by the police and our sheriff's office. When I was working there before it was legalized, was doing raids after finding blunts and people's trash cans.
Speaker 13: And we know that's not okay.
Speaker 16: And so thankfully, due to the collective action of so many organizers and dedicated people in this cannabis space, we now have a state where we are not criminalizing cannabis and we are actually making sure that people are being supported. But we have to do more, and we have to make sure we can get this going across the country. And as your next sheriff in Washingta County. I'm unapologetically pro cannabis, pro ending the war on drugs, and we'll do everything in my power to make sure we do better.
Speaker 13: Here.
Speaker 14: Go to dire twenty twenty four dot.
Speaker 16: Com to get involved. This is a movement d y e R twenty twenty four on your phones. Donate if you're inspired, join our team.
Speaker 13: We got this. Thank you.
Speaker 7: Oh hey, all right, let's here for Alicia and we need a sheriff like that.
Speaker 8: Hey, do them.
Speaker 19: The way your police is the way your life's gonna.
Speaker 7: Be right now, Okay, hey, the way the way you police is the way your life is gonna be.
Speaker 31: Go ahead, listen everybody that just listened to miss Dyer, who wants to be the new sheriff. It's very important if you are here in Washington County, think about it. The sheriff is gonna dictate the rules in that county. If the Sheriff's not interested in prosecuting you for any drug crime, you know what it's called freedom.
Speaker 8: Thanks a lot, man, Okay, how you doing all right?
Speaker 3: Right on?
Speaker 7: Hey, So, our next speaker has been passionately involved in this community for many years. He ran the home of Medicine on Main Street for about a decade. He's been involved in educating on cannabis and entheogens. He was one of the founders of the Anthiofest and monitored to have him come work with me at Metz Cafe here coming up when our location opens up in ann Arbor in just a few days hopefully, so help me introduce to you, mister Jim Slam.
Speaker 15: Thank you so much, Shamie, Thank you, Jamie.
Speaker 3: Give it up.
Speaker 47: Happy Hashbash everybody. I'm so so honored to be here right now. You know, I've been coming here since I was probably fifteen years old, living in Saline to south of here. It's a it's a tribute to to freedom, and I thank Johnson Clair for that. I thank Johnson Clair for the activism in Michigan.
Speaker 15: Uh for what he's brought, I think.
Speaker 48: Uh.
Speaker 47: I thank him for for Hashbash, because without Hashbash, there wouldn't be an Entheo Fest, which does the exact same thing, but it celebrates plant medicines like ayahuasca and eyeball gain and things like mushrooms as well. And I'm really honored to be speaking up here with all these distinguished speakers that they are so part of the activist community that we all should be a part of. And that's a call out to the youth. I've heard couple calls out for youth involvement.
Speaker 15: And we need more of that.
Speaker 47: I want to start here by going into uh something that I really like.
Speaker 15: They're my favorite strains and it's a poem.
Speaker 47: Granddaddy, Purple White Widow, Blue Dream, Gooberry, Sugar, Black Rose, Jilly Bean, Headband, Hashplant, Tangerine, Hayes.
Speaker 15: These are a few of my favorite strains.
Speaker 47: West Coast Celler Diesel Lemonadron, Pineapple Express and Durban Poison Island Sweet Skunk, Skywalker o G. These are a few of the best strains for me. When the match strikes win the joint lights, Edibles, hash or dabs, I simply remember my favorite strains and then I don't feel so bad. So thank you everybody for having me. And right now I want to talk about the next speaker. His name's Korn. He's leading the activists movement for decriminalizing plat medicines and fun Guy in the state of Michigan, Ellie Savage and Senator Jeff Ferron here are also doing the same things for us out there, Please give him a warm welcome. He was part of he's right now the part of decrim Nature Michigan. The liberatory harm reductionists, policy advocate for the Michigan Drug User Health Alliance and member of care based Safety Crisis Response Team.
Speaker 15: Please give it up for Corn.
Speaker 22: J j.
Speaker 49: Yeah, buddy, all right, things that lie Jim, And to all the speakers so far with sub hashbash, a lot has already been said, and I'm gonna keep it. I'm gonna keep it really brief. Like so many folks up here have talked about. If you're here today, you are powerful. Your voice is powerful, Your voice is meaningful, and we owe it to each other to use those voices to advocate for what we know is right. Michigan deserves better, and that's real life. Since twenty eighteen, we've lost fifteen thousand of our friends and family members to overdose while legislators sit in their offices behind closed doors and continue to pass laws to lock people up for drug use, rather than passing laws to promote harm reduction that we know works to save lives. You guys need to use your voices to let them know that we will not stand for this anymore. We want overdose prevention centers in Michigan. We want drug checking programs in Michigan. We want a safe supply. We want decriminalization for personal use of all drugs in Michigan. These folks sit behind closed doors in their offices every day and they make decisions about your lives. Look up who your city council members are, Look up when they meet, Show up and tell them we're fed up. We need change. We need change in our cities. We need change in our counties. We need change in our state and in our country. We got folks that are up here on these steps today that are a part of making these laws. Don't let them walk out of here without coming up and talking to them and tell them, hey, we need change.
Speaker 3: We demand more.
Speaker 11: We deserve it.
Speaker 49: End the war on drugs, defund the police, and defund the prison industrial complex.
Speaker 3: Much love, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 50: Korn All right, everybody, my name's Josh Kover. I'm the CEO of METS Cafe. I was an attorney for a long time and fought the drug war all across the state of Michigan.
Speaker 11: I fought the drug war because I grew up in.
Speaker 50: A home where my parents Douw's cannabis and now my parents weren't criminals, and I'm glad to say today in Michigan they're not.
Speaker 11: I'm really honored to be here in Hashbash today.
Speaker 50: One of the things I think is the greatest about Hashbash is kind of in the name hash Bash, right, and the bash part is that, like, we're all celebrating something today, but it's also a protest and it's very It's not real common that you get people together and we all celebrate something at the same time we're protesting something. And I think that's what's really beautiful about this place and everything that's here. And I'm really honored to be here because of the history of Hashbash fifty three years that's amazing, and all the people that came before us, people like John Sinclair that the way recently, Rick Thompson, hass gersh Brad. I can go on and on, but anyway, that's the history and it's really great to be here and to honor that. That's part of the celebration. Also, like I said, celebrating the plant. That's really important and that's what we're all here doing today. I also think the protest parts obviously important, there's still things to protest. Federally, it's still illegal. That's fucked up. It shouldn't be illegal federally on the federal controlled Substance List.
Speaker 11: Lots of changes still need to be made.
Speaker 50: At the state level, it's also on the controlled substance List.
Speaker 11: Still, that's fucked up. We need less regulation.
Speaker 50: It's choking the industry, it's preventing access to medicine to people. We also need change at the local level. We need more municipalities to allow for marijuana establishments. And that's important because everyone here that's from Michigan, each one of you can run for city council, you can be on a planning commission, you can get involved, and that's really important. So let's continue and honor both, you know, the protest part of this and the celebration, because there's a lot of both today and when we're talking about the municipal involvement and you know, running for city council.
Speaker 11: There's nobody better I could introduce next. He's a dear.
Speaker 50: Friend of mine. His name is al Witt, mister gaylord himself. All right, hold on, I just want to say one thing. I just wanted to little little miscommunication. I just wanted Josh to introduce l and not necessarily go yet, so.
Speaker 8: I'll just keep it quick. But I want some people to know that.
Speaker 7: Josh became an attorney specifically to fight the drug war. He's now running a company and he's put together a team of people who understand the history of cannabis, who understand the culture, understand the nature of the product, who take it seriously.
Speaker 8: We have a passion for it, and so that's that's.
Speaker 7: Very respectworthy in this day and age, and he should really be acknowledged for that in a lot of the great work and landmark cases that he's been involved into. Remember the stupid transportation law. Josh was the one that helped to get rid of that thing. So please give it up again one more time for Josh. And yes, Galer City Councilman mister.
Speaker 3: Al Witt has best. How's it going out there?
Speaker 51: So nine years ago I was walking around to that card. Nobody kne who the fuck I was. Two months later, got raided by the state police and they put me in jail. It's some bullshit, right for some fucking we manh Thirty five people got raided. I was the only one to stand up and fight. Two people were killed, families.
Speaker 3: Got some part.
Speaker 51: They took everything from us. It's a bunch of bullshit, you know what I mean. But you know, I got out of jail with fucking nothing. They took everything, and I was like, that's bullshit. There's people out here dying that need this plan. So I stood up and I chose right there that we're gonna fight this and that. Ever since that day, I never looked back. And it changed my life and it got us here. I ended up going to jail for a while. Josh Kobt was my attorney. We took it all the way. State Supreme Court changed laws, and we all here making changes. I ran a petition drive. We changed the law in the town, but before they could prosecute me. Then on top of that, once I got out of jail, they said I couldn't smoke weed, So I said fuck you, and I ran for city counts on pelony probation. I beat a cop that was twenty two years of state police. I beat the head of Ems's wife, and we beat them by a landslide, like astronomical numbers, like they didn't even show up type shit. But that's all through weed, and you can do anything. And I'm a felon and I became city council and that's how you changed the shit. It starts from within and it's little people like uh got standing up and make the change. Because when we you not together, that's just powerful, and they're afraid of that.
Speaker 11: That's why we gotta stand up for this shit.
Speaker 51: And guys like Johnson Claire, he's gonna started all this, and we owe all the respect to those guys.
Speaker 11: Lots of us have died.
Speaker 51: And far we're gonna continue to carry this tarch, this worrying over this. Still people enjoy it, jail for it. Prison families are still affected. People are still fucking dying. But corporate moneys are making bank off it and they ain't doing shit.
Speaker 11: That's why we with Met's Cafe.
Speaker 51: We work with the caregivers, We work the local people, and were team enough to take on these corporate hassholes and give you people what's right.
Speaker 3: And that's good.
Speaker 51: We good medicine for a good fucking price. But we out here fighting and this shit ain't over and we need to get everybody out this jail, all right. In the word of Johnson Clair, he said, a good friend of mine. He said, fuck the motherfucking authority. I'm out and I gotta bring in the next big hitter. This is our Cathay Kirk, twelve time high time chance edible activists, the man, motherfucking legend. Here you go, brother Kathin Kirk gets an on it. Thank you all, God bless you folks. I'm not a politician. I'm not gonna blow smoke up your ass. I'm not gonna incite a bloodbath. But I'm gonna answer a question here, So please pay attention to this because this is important. I've been asked many times, Hey captain, it's legal, Now, why do we attend hashbash?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna answer.
Speaker 15: That for you.
Speaker 1: I will remember John Sinclair, a man that gave up his life and went to jail for giving two joints to an undercover agent. I will remember the hard work of Adam Brooke. I will remember the hard work of the activists that stood out in the sun, the snow, the hot heat, everything that we went through to collect six natures to make legalization, only to be pushed out of something we helped build. I remember the medical benefit of this plant. I will remember the fifty three narcotics. I got off of all by myself with the medical plant called cannabis. I will remember what it felt like to go home at night and wonder when my door was gonna get kicked in and go back to the boot in the face in the sixteen Many of.
Speaker 3: You don't have to go through that, and God bless you for that.
Speaker 1: I will remember many people that are in jail and have been jailed and had their families disrupted over a cannabis plant. I will remember the consequences when caught with cannabis back in the day. Many of you don't have to go through that. I want you all to remember quite a few things. We all stand here in solidarity.
Speaker 3: There's many warriors that have passed this year.
Speaker 1: John Sinclair a few days ago, I want to remember and some people said it today.
Speaker 3: Kershavery also known as.
Speaker 1: Peanut Butter, Doug Orton, Rick Thompson has Prelude, Steve Levenger, Brad Limke. Many of these people stood out there and fought for the rights that you all have now. I will remember for the rest of my life what it's like now to stand in public and smoke a joint without that gun and boot in my face, and you should remember that too. Before I go, I want to say one more word. I want you all to remember this moment. Look to the people to your left, look to the people to your right. Remember this moment, remember this day. This is not about me, This is not about anything else but us as a community fighting for a plant that brought us medical stuff. I am off all kinds of pills, I'm off alcohol. The only thing that I'm scared of about everything that went on is we've lost that medical benefit. We here in Michigan, we've proved the medical benefit of it.
Speaker 3: That's what brought legalization.
Speaker 1: I also remember building the very first, along with many others, the very first dispensary east of Colorado. We did that in Yipsilanti, Michigan. Give yourself a random applause that happened here, and these people up on these steps made that so again when you hear that voice, go.
Speaker 3: Why do I gotta go to hashbash?
Speaker 1: It's legal point the things out I said to you, Remember those traditions, Remember those people, all the hard work that they did.
Speaker 3: God bless you all and thank you.
Speaker 14: Back again this time tender.
Speaker 36: Do someone else in the judicial world, our prosecutor here in Washington County has been an ally and a friend to us for many many years. Now most counties aren't as lucky. So please welcome to the stage our prosecutor, my friend Ellie Savat.
Speaker 52: What's up, hashbash? I want to make one thing, very very clear. Standing here as the Washtot County prosecutor, I can assure all of you not a single person is being prosecuted today for the use or possession of cannabis. And by the way, that's not just true today because we don't prosecute that in Washingtot County. Yes, marijuana's legal. Cannabis is legal, but if you have like a little bit too much marijuana, a little bit too much cannabis, that is not a good use of prosecutorial resources. We would never prosecute somebody for having too many bottles of wine.
Speaker 24: We call that person a collector, a connoisseur.
Speaker 52: Why would we prosecute somebody for being a connoisseur of cannabis. But I want to say that despite the fact that it is legal here, despite the fact that this movement has largely succeeded in Michigan, the work isn't done. There are still far too many people who remain who can continue to have criminal convictions for possession or use of a substance that.
Speaker 24: Is now legal. Think about that. Why on earth should ay criminal conviction.
Speaker 52: Remain on your record for something that is no longer a crime. So, not only do we need to legalize cannabis across the country, we need to expunge all of those old criminal cannabis convictions. We need to do that in all fifty states. We need to do that on the federal level. And this movement that started here on the steps of the Michigan Diag in ann Arbor and got cannabis legalized here is the movement that will ultimately ensure that that is the case across all fifty states and at the federal level. And the work is not done until every single cannabis conviction is off people's records and it is legal nationwide.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 36: I think this is the last intro I have And this man is currently one of my team Wilson favorites are stay representative out of ippsil aany As a freshman REP. Came up and took up a bunch of bills that former friends had left due to term limits, and he has fought to educate and talk to his caucus about why there is so much more work to do. I'm super excited to introduce you guys to Stay Reped Jimmy Wilson.
Speaker 53: What's up, past Bash, I'm Jimmy Wilson Stay Representative out of Ipsilanti and up in Lanson.
Speaker 11: We've been working hard.
Speaker 53: I got my legislator director there, Leah Dotson, and we hit the ground running.
Speaker 11: We got in there. It's a lot of things we need to change.
Speaker 53: And let me tell you one thing in specific right now, in our K twelve system, our students they can have their medicine stored in nurses offices and secretary's offices.
Speaker 11: But our pediatric medical.
Speaker 53: Marijuana patients that are K twelve, they actually can't store their stuff their medicine in the office is the same way. And so my legislation that I've introduced, it's a reintroduction. This is called Jaden's Law. And I don't know where's Jaden at where's Jaden? Oh, they're probably up there. Okay, we got Jaden young man. Now, he has been pushing for this for a long time. He suffers from seizures and epilepsy. Look, we need to allow him to have his medicine in the schools, just like anybody else has their medicine in the schools. The specific key key to this is this is non smokable cannabis that we're actually pushing to be allowed in the school system, and we actually have bipartisan support. This isn't a Democrat or Republican issue. This is actually just a fairness issue where we're trying to allow our pediatric medical marijuana patients to have their medicine stored in the school the same way I have a son, he has ADHD. He has a control substance that gets to get.
Speaker 11: Stored in the school.
Speaker 53: Why can't this other control substance also be stored in the school so that way these kids can have their medicine the same way. I need you all to make sure you're supporting Jaden's law and make sure you reach out to your state reps and your state senators to.
Speaker 11: Support in Jaden's law.
Speaker 53: We got to get this over the finish line and bring fairness in the school system. Now, one more thing, and let me bring Lee up here. So we've been talking a lot about descheduling at the federal level, but we also need to get that done here at the state level. We need to deschedule cannabis here at the state level. And next week we're gonna be introducing the John Sinclair Act to deschedule cannabis here in Michigan. It's pastime. This is twenty twenty four. All of our constituents, all of you here, I know you support this. We gotta get this done and in the books and get it to the governor's desk so she can sign it. So we need all your support to support the John Sinclair Descheduling Act that will be reintroducing next week.
Speaker 11: I hope I can get you a support on that. Once again. I'm Jimmy Wilson.
Speaker 8: Thank you all, all right, Representative Wilson.
Speaker 7: He's really kind of picked up the georch and become our friend in the State House of Representatives. And obviously he is introducing some sensible legislation to help out with cannabis reform. So I've getten some help here from uh from Leah who he just brought up in order to introduce many people today. But shear Surf, she herself deserves to be recognized little bit more. She's the chair of the Cannabis Caucus here in Michigan. She's on staff with Representative Wilson. She's helped at many of these great representatives who were here today. So let's give her a few minutes on her own. Help me to introduce Leah Schuyler.
Speaker 14: Happy Hashbash.
Speaker 36: So I want to start by taking a moment to remember Zahuddah Boss and Rick Thompson, the two mentors I had who kept me in this world and kept me coming back. Sahuda was an epilepsy patient. She was a devout Muslim woman who broke all the norms to say that this medicine works for me. And instead of staying quiet, she got as loud as possible.
Speaker 14: And so me and my friends have promised we will.
Speaker 36: Stay as loud as possible. There is so much to do, There is so much to keep talking about and celebrating. This is a community like none other. This plan has brought people from all walks of life together, and I am so thankful for that. You've heard that I mess around in politics, government, cannabis, campaign work policy. I am one voice, and I desperately want you to come storm lancing with me in those offices. Come tell your stories. Come explain why it's your medicine. Come share who's still sitting in the prison that you.
Speaker 30: Want to come home.
Speaker 36: There are so many people who think we got our two acts and we're done.
Speaker 30: We are not done.
Speaker 14: We will not be quiet.
Speaker 36: You will not keep us out of those rooms, and you will never touch our medicine. So thank you for this community, for the friendships. And again thank you to the people Zahada to Rick Thompson to John Sinclair for the lessons and the things that they taught, and for taking someone like me who never thought I'd be in this world and saying, come, this is where you belong, this is home.
Speaker 14: So happy hashbash, keep pushing.
Speaker 7: Keep smoking, right, all right, thank you Leah, very much appreciated.
Speaker 8: Thanks for helping me out today, of course too. All right, we're almost at the end.
Speaker 7: We have a couple more great speakers, a couple of great attorneys have been involved with us for many years. Our next attorney is one of the partners in the Great Cannabis Council Law firm. His other main partner, mister Matt Abels right out there, joined us surprisingly today. I'm very happy to have him around Cannabis Council has done nothing but cannabis work since mainly since even before the change of laws. They've really paid attention. Tom has done a great work for a lot of people over the years in many ways, and he's been an activist along with the rest of us too, and really happy to have him here and help us round this out.
Speaker 8: Let's here for Tom Levine.
Speaker 20: All right, Ashmash. So here we are. We've come a long way.
Speaker 48: We could grow twelve plants at home and keep the entire harvests under lock and key.
Speaker 20: Now, how cool is that? So here we are. However, we do have a lot.
Speaker 15: Of work to do.
Speaker 48: We still don't have fair employer treatment. That's a huge issue that we need to deal with. And the descheduling of cannabis, both federally and on the state level.
Speaker 20: Would have a ripple through effect.
Speaker 48: It affects housing, it affects banking, it affects all of these different issues. If you just do that one thing of descheduling cannabis, so that would be the big.
Speaker 20: Step forward that we need. The current plan to.
Speaker 48: Reschedule it is really insufficient and it's inconsistent with the way that we do business at the state level. So it doesn't really make sense. So I encourage you to get out there and vote. And I see a bunch of young people cutting through here. We need to run for office. We need people who are smokers who are running for office. We need people to get out and vote to make sure these policies keep moving in the right direction. Patients are still discriminated against. I still get calls from mothers who have babies where THHC is found in their system and the CPS is getting involved.
Speaker 20: You know this needs to stop.
Speaker 48: I still get employment issues where people really have trouble and here they are using it as a medicine and they haven't used it in days, and they're still not able to get the job.
Speaker 20: It's just injustice.
Speaker 48: The social justice that this movement represents really came through strong when we saw the photographs of the people still serving in prison for marijuana.
Speaker 20: So here we go, man.
Speaker 48: Let's sell break because we have made a long, long way. Let's get involved and let's smoke some weed people, all.
Speaker 3: Right, for the weed? All right?
Speaker 8: Thanks Tom.
Speaker 7: Tom Levine, Cannabis Council and deputy director of the Revived Michigan Normal Chapter. I might add, yeah, so let's hear it for Michigan normal, Hey, so so, rounding things out and then we're gonna get to some music. Another great attorney been involved in this in this world for many years since the change of the uh, the Medical Act and two thousand and eight or so, he's does a lot of work with us with the Great Lace Expongement Network. Thankfully, and uh uh we'll be back to wrap this up and get to the band. But let's hear it for Paul to Linda, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 54: It's up hash bash h. Take a look around and thank your neighbor, thank yourself. Look at how far we've come. The voices and the faces and the stories that you've seen, you've heard today started because they were sick of something, They were sick of someone's shit. They wanted to change, they wanted to be free. And in their search for freedom, they brought along everybody else. And we stand on the shoulders of giants, and we stand behind their accomplishments, and we walk the path that they have created for us.
Speaker 3: And those paths are not done.
Speaker 54: The work is not done, the accomplishments are not complete. So finish, be sick of it, pursue that freedom for yourself and bring the rest of us along with you. Become the government. Don't fuck the government, don't fight the government. Become the government. The reason that you see these friendly faces up here who can speak out and their ability to change with the positions that they have, is because they were sick of it and the change.
Speaker 3: That they wanted to see they became. They did it.
Speaker 54: Take that job, run for that office. Sick of shit, Go be that shit, make it happen. It's up to you. That's how we got here, That's how we got this far.
Speaker 7: Thank you, all right, all right, thanks man, Thanks all right, Paul to Linda. That's it for the speakers. Really appreciate everybody listening to everybody's great presentation today. I appreciate everybody's participation. Please help us clean up a little bit. There's extra garbage cans and stuff this year, so if you could be mindful of that, that'd be less work for us when this is all over. But now we have time left to listen to some great music. As soon as they're ready, we're going to turn this over to Tom Wall and Cosmic Not. They're gonna bring some other people into play with them. Tom invariably we'll be jamming with this plant right here. Howpay in it up to some electrodes. That's a cosmic spluge strain, very musical and stick around and Tom Wall and cosmic knot. Thanks everybody. I think it was a great Hashbash. Should we hear it one last time for Hashbash? Everybody who's not here, John Sinclair, my best friend, Rick Thompson. I appreciate all the all the reflection and tribute everybody's given today and let's keep up the great work. Thanks again, everybody, Happy Hashbash