Speaker 1: In the world where fairways meet the airwaves, where birdies and banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Teas, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its postchline. Get ready to step onto the last screens and dive into the world of diveds drives a delightful better.
Speaker 2: The Magician. Alright, ladies and gentlemen, it is yet another Wednesday, and welcome to Balls and Teas. It is the one and only twenty twe the Magician, the boy with a lot of flight. I am a classic man.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Am I so happy to be here today because seven days have already passed since I engaged with you guys, and I have to tell you the last conversation was spot on. It was hot man. I have to give a big ups to our previous guest, Jason Row. Jason Row, I mean he gave us insights when it comes to the latest tech and equipment and now how necessary or how imperative fittings are, whether you're professional, whether you're an amateur, whether you just want to test the waters, when it comes to golf. He gave us a lot of insight. And here we are. It's a new week. It's a Wednesday. For some people, the weekend is starting today. For some it is only beginning. So let me just start off by saying, ladies and gentlemen, today we are joined by a guest, and she is an expert when it comes to events management, events planning. So the biggest thing around the golf course that people don't understand or something that really really consumes a lot of time and energy is planning a golf day, and our guest today will be giving tips on how to make sure that God they is a success. So, ladies and gentlemen, without any feather or you, please allow me the opportunity to introduce our guests for today, Nana Jobe. Hello, Nana, I'm gootting yourself.
Speaker 4: I'm all right.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Awesome stuff. Awesome Nana. Let me just start off by saying thank you, thank you, thank you for making time to join us, and a big thank you though to your loved ones, your colleagues, and everyone around you who allowed you the opportunity to actually share this moment with us. Right, I try to introduce you, But I don't think I did just this, man. I mean, you know, I would actually prefer you reintroducing yourself to the audience. Let them know who you are and how you stumbled across gold Saw over to you.
Speaker 5: Thank you Tony, and thank you guys for having me today. You know, I always find it difficult and people to tell who I am and where I'm from and how did I get Yes, but yeah, I'm just a girlman. My name is Nana Job, and I'm from just in a very small town in Catherence and who happened to end up in job work for some reason, trying to make life. And then I happened to be in the golf industry as my first job and I was away. So funny enough when I started in the golf industry and I fell in love with it for some reasons. When I coat here, I worked for m Park Golf Clubs, which was the biggest club at that time. When I arrived days and I was I was fascinated, you know, being that person who really gets fascinated about stuff. So when I worked for the club, I always wanted to do beyond then what I was hired for. Yeah, I will offer my services to learn other departments, and I ended up really been in a club for a very long time, which I think it was around seven years, and that's when I got my patient.
Speaker 2: For gold Lovely. And I have to say, I mean, it's not a lot of people who would actually extend themselves to learn about other things, especially I mean for some people it would be a new environment and it's scary at times. I mean getting into a world that's mainly dominated by men and affluent men, and you know, sometimes people's energies rap off badly. But for you to actually say, you know what, I am going to stick it and I'm going to go the extra mile to make sure that I put myself out there and I learned as much as I could with god Father, I think it shows a lot of bravery. So currently, Nana, I mean, sure you've been in the in this industry for quite some time or what what been around.
Speaker 5: Being around And at that time, I was still young man. I was still coming up from you know, your college life, your pasity life. I was still still yeah, And I remember when I left home, I didn't know why I was coming to job work. I just wanted to work. And at that time, when I got the job, I was just looking around and I didn't have a specific energy to say, you know what, I'm going to look for golf in the street. By the way, I'm coming from the rural areas, which I had no absolutely idea about golf. When you tell people about golf, they will be like, why do I hit the poll.
Speaker 4: And follow it?
Speaker 5: I didn't make sense at that time. And when I realized because of the experience and because of the person, and I became in love with the whole situation, and I realized, no, man, there's more into it. It's people that you meet, it's you know, it's it's a lot that really got me wanting to invest.
Speaker 2: In it, you know, and I mean just for interest sake. Do you also play golf or do you.
Speaker 4: Just an amateur?
Speaker 5: But I play golf, of course there for a woman, my handicap doesn't look so bad. But each and every day, the new day, we're trying. You know, golf can be very personal at time. When you fell today, tomorrow you come with a different energy and you want to do better than yesterday. So I'm still growing. I'm still growing, and I hope that for us women, we we tend to look at it differently one day so that we have you can attest to that that we don't have much women that are playing golf and math. So I hope, I hope I can get to the chat someday. Well. Not something that I do constantly, but I do it because I need to understand to connect the puzzle with my work so that everything makes sense.
Speaker 2: No one, and you know what continue pace viewing and also figure corner if I can put it in simpletons, because I believe that golf is more like your profession. The more you keep doing what you do best is the more you become better read it.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 2: So Nana, we want to know, man, A lot of people are trying to understand the planning, the organization, the management of golf day, how much work it goes goes into it, because you know, many times we think a man just book a golf course and then get players, and people don't really look at the other administrative things as well as the management of the entire day as a whole to say how much stress it actually puts on one. So with you being in that particular field and understanding it more intricate than our listeners or our audience and for those who actually would like to explore that as a career option. I mean, sometimes we don't know what we want to do or where we want to find ourselves. So hearing someone speaking of something, it can actually trigger something in you and say, you know what I want to be just like Nana.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I also think that you really need to understand the spot and also understand the type of niche that you're dealing with. And really there's nothing much and complicated. You just need to know what you're doing. And on top of it, I think that creativity around golf will make if you if you're taking golf as your career or maybe as an organizer or you want to you know, make it make sense. There's creativity around God, you need to be really really creative. As much as organizing have so much work, there is so much work, Like you don't make up tomorrow and say, you know what this weekend, I just want to have a gold day, you know, I know players and let me just gather them and we go, we go to go. A day is the court to go, you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It takes roughly three months to do the planning if you're fit enough otherwise it's more than that. Usually usually it takes like six weeks together the whole situation. Remember in that because when you are out of from my experience, when I get golf gigs or maybe I do different golf days, so it would be like your social gold day, it would be like your networking will be like your business corporate gold day. But mostly I'm so fonder for fundraising golf days for some reasons and because I am attached to different homes that I usually give back to, So I do a lot of charity gold days than just corporate golf day. So it takes you to know who do you need to approach for that certain reason why you're doing it fund raising, and then it takes you to know, okay, this is the target, this is this charity, maybe stay Home wants to achieve the setting goal. And then how do I become an impact and who do I think that can really put a hand in this and make this happen. It really takes a lot of thinking, a lot of planning, and also you need to have your project planning correctly because otherwise your gothe on a day will be a mess. I'm talking about your registration I'm talking about you during the day, I'm talking about your priceising. It's a lot, it's a lot. But I think that when you get the right team and you get the people that really understand, because it's not really a large If you will get the team that really understand what needs to be done, they will just get it done and make your players happy because then there's no confusion when people are doing whatever they need to do on the day. But the whole blenning it just needs you to be on your toes and make sure that you get the right people to participate on that day.
Speaker 2: And I would also presume that time is very vital when it comes to such events, because obviously around the golf course, time management is one of the main factors. Players are constantly being reminded of time and not delaying the court. So if I may just ask, like if you were to say it from the top of your head, to say, how many people would actually be required in a team to organize a successful, fulfilled golf day.
Speaker 5: Three months?
Speaker 2: So, like.
Speaker 5: You mean people to play on the.
Speaker 2: At gold the organizing team or the organizing committee.
Speaker 5: Oh, the organizing team. No, you don't really need to have a big team.
Speaker 4: Hey you need.
Speaker 5: Yo, let me see. Maybe a team of eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, it's not it's not too bad, it's not bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe a team of eight that really knows what they're doing. A five is balanced, A five is balanced. However, remember also when you do your planning. That's another thing. If you really want to get to it's not a selfish career, you can't. You can't do it alone.
Speaker 4: One thing for sure.
Speaker 5: As much as you want to build your business and you want to make it work, and some are somehow you call for some some you call someone for reference, because you will need a hand. It's a lot to deal with as one person. And I'm talking about dealing with responsors. You can just imagine. Let's say I'm having ten sponsors on a day. If I'm doing it alone, I still have like ten people to deal.
Speaker 4: With me alone.
Speaker 5: I still have players talking about one hundreds and forty four, two hundreds and sixty a full real. Yeah, you know it's a lot. So really you will have to get a hand, say somehow.
Speaker 2: That's true, that's true, And I just want to find out. I mean, you mentioned that, you know what, From a time point of view, three months would be enough to actually set up and go up there and make sure that everything is in order before the actual day. But in those three months, what would you say is the most intricate exercise that one has to go through. Would it be the course itself itself? Or is it a matter of the what do you call the players?
Speaker 6: I think every birth day, because according to the personage, I have a client or somebody that says, when I look, I want to do a good gad this is what I want to do, a goal grate for networking, and this is my type of business. Remember when this person comes to me, it comes to me as a person rather a player, or that there is a gold player who doesn't really nothing at all about organizing a world ate, and or it's just somebody who knows but don't know where to go, you know. And so you look at those and say, okay, this is a knowledge or this is the information that I have got so far, and how do I then navigate?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: And then you go back to structure, because I mean that's also very important, so that to come out.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 6: Sometimes it's finding players, he says. Then the three is large, it's large in a way. Then depends on once you want to achieve, right, So you will have people that are saying, okay, I have players, don't worry about players, but then how do I make this day accessive? Then you have to be creative in a way to.
Speaker 5: Say your players, because one thing for sure is that most of the people in the industry knows each other. So you know this person, Okay, this is the type of persons, so definitely his type of people that are like best people. So how do I then make this day a very fun day for him so that he thinks, oh, he feels like he's having a sux is for golf day. So you look at things like that, so you come up with, you know, creativity in between the things that needs to be done on a golf day. It could be during the price giving, it could be things that are done and the type of responsors that you approach, because when I get clients sometimes I still have to go back and find the sponsors for them so that they achieve their setting goal. Maybe his goal will be like you know what, I'm not fundraising anything. I'm paying for the full thing, but I just want to build a more connection for my business. So you look at that person's business and you see, okay, this person is connected to certain business and satin business and Gobret can invite those type of people and see if they will be interested into joining that type of you know, caliber and the whole golf day.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is your special team. Now, I'll presume you you are in houting, right. What I want to find out is that obviously this is your forte. You specialize in managing and organizing golf days. Now, I just want to find out, presuming that you are based in houting, do you also assist individuals or entities outside of houting when it comes to organizing these golf days? And if so, do you take your team with or do you find people that you can actually compile a team within those respective areas?
Speaker 4: Yes, I do.
Speaker 5: I do have quite a few golf days outside of Jogak, which is also mainly in yeah and which is also.
Speaker 4: Which is my hometown, and I do a lot of those.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I take my team with depending on how it looks like and what type of the golf day. We didn't need a bigger team. Can it be hindered or it's just a group that wants to be played and that wants to play and it wants and they don't need much to be done, so it really depends. However, this year we're really looking into going bigger.
Speaker 4: As I said before that golf because it's a.
Speaker 5: Seasonal sports also and if you're fully doing it, you need to be creative in any other case, so we're looking into having out of the country tournaments. I'm busy with the confirmations. We're looking into do talent in October, which is one of the biggest achievements for me this year and I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Can you take me with Nana? I want to go to Thailand.
Speaker 4: Be my guest.
Speaker 2: Be my guest lovely. I'll make sure that I put in my my five cents with and help you with the organization or whatever that you need.
Speaker 5: I would really love it. And also I'm still learning. I think these things. Some of the stuff you don't know until you get there. I've never done anything abroad. It's going to be my first time. I don't even know what I'm doing as much as I didn't know what I was doing when.
Speaker 4: I was startying this business. So we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Speaker 5: So I'm not fussy about it, and your two cents can really make millions out of it, So I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Mind, Amandela. I'm coming through. I'm going to Thailand with you.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: The reason I'm basically asking is because obviously, on my end, yes, I've been playing golf for for decades now, and on top of that, I keep on learning as well, every single day, so I believe it's It's one of those things where the learning cave doesn't end you. You will learn from even people who just got into the sport itself. They will teach you a thing or two.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I'll tell you for free.
Speaker 4: I'm ver a Google fumble.
Speaker 5: Not so long ago, and it was hot, maybe even worse than I kept and saying no one's sucker and this sport.
Speaker 4: Is not for me. I'm so I do it, and for some reasons, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I'm very angry when i look at my scorings on the handicap system and I'm like, what is this?
Speaker 2: You know, but it makes sense.
Speaker 4: It's really a personal thing.
Speaker 5: When you are you are passionate about it until you make you until you come right at.
Speaker 4: The end of the day.
Speaker 2: You must come right hundred percent. And I mean it only makes sense if it's too hot. I wouldn't expect anyone to play to the best level. I mean, for instance, myself, I only play when it's loudly. When it's hot, I don't say I play. I say no, I'm passing time.
Speaker 5: If it's what let's rather do a morning fools. If you let me started eleven thirty, oh boy, going to be crampy the whole time. It's gonna be a long day, I promise you, and I will tell you that you robbed me. That's not what I scored day. Yeah, because I'm angry at myself.
Speaker 2: Now, I just want to find out none. So obviously, in business there's challenges. Right If you were to share from your experience as to what are the two or three major challenges that one faces in this golf day coordination environment or golf day planning environment, what would you say are those big, big challenges?
Speaker 5: I will tell you because it's one of the challenges that I'm rather facing or recently faced, which I was not up for because sometimes, as I said earlier, that when you pina go day, there's this period of time that consume your time, the time that you would have used for something else or maybe organized something else. If rather typical reason that maybe a client comes back to you and say, you know what, okay, let me let me make it a very.
Speaker 4: Very an example that would really make sense.
Speaker 5: Right, my client that I was supposed to do a golf Day four in December last year's density because their date was clashing with.
Speaker 4: The Network Golf Challenge.
Speaker 5: However, that means I'm not able to run around and get enough sponsors from my client because most of the sponsors are at the net Bank, right, or most or rather most of the players are at the net Bank in Sun City, right, So that makes it logically the day.
Speaker 4: Is no longer.
Speaker 5: It's not successful because it's either you get people that really won't compromise to be at your goljate because they are your friends, or you get a random person that really didn't want it to go to some you know, so you're still not meeting the numbers anyway, you know, And the client comes back to me and said, no, I will have to have to push this to next day March. Guess what does what does that? What what does that do to me? That means I have lost three months.
Speaker 4: Of my time?
Speaker 5: Then I would have call to create another gold Dare or another event in the midst That's true. You know, it could have been out of job back rather so that I know, I'm dealing with Devin. That doesn't happen it challenge. You get me and this client, I can't. I can't really do much what the client wants. The client wants, you know, but it compromises me as a person that runs a business because then I'm collapsing in the and and in the situation that the money that I could have potentially made at that time, you know, is now due to match December.
Speaker 4: I'm hungry because I couldn't.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, definitely makes sense. Definitely pay sure and and and and I mean, just you you you do come across such. But I mean the most important thing is bouncing back to say, how do I then overcome this? How do I come back from this mishap or this oversight? Because, like you said, if the if a client insists on something, you go out of your way to actually make sure that they receive that service or they receive what they want.
Speaker 5: I think, I think the main thing that you need to do is to be open minded with such. I think everybody that is in a business they know they are. They are challenges or possibilities you know, yeah that could that they could face according to the type of the business that they're running. I think the only thing that you could do for yourself at that time when that incident happens, you stay, come, You stay focused, because otherwise you lose focus in terms of then but in terms of how to then deal with the client, because according to you, its client's fault, right, But it's reality when you look at the business structure, it's reality. So I think you need to stay, come, still, provide the good services and and know what you're doing, because the moment you shift from your your structures or the way that you do your business, you're already losing the positivity of how the clients looks at you, because you can snap if you want and be like, you know what, I'm not doing this fans some man pants, you know, But remember this client is the same client, especially with the type of.
Speaker 4: This business that we're doing. In goal this, I'll tell you for free.
Speaker 5: Most of my clients that I have done golf day is fault all golfers.
Speaker 4: Hey, Nana, I have had that you did whose whole you know? Golf day.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm trying to do you that's how you get your business. So the moment just snapped. That means there's there's no golf day next month or the next three months.
Speaker 2: Very true.
Speaker 4: So because your.
Speaker 5: Golf day will make you see new new five clients that you have never met before, six sponsors that you have never dealt with on your previous golf day. So just focus, stay in your lane, do what you do best, and give what your clients went.
Speaker 2: And you know, when you spoke about reality, I something came to my mind to say, Okay, I mean, now, like you said, there's certain things that are outside our control. Now, one of those factors being the weather itself. I mean, I'll presume that you you can plan an amazing, amazing event and uh suddenly there's thunder, and as we know, you can really play when they're standard. So what then happens in the midst of that? How do we then go about it? Do we reschedule? Do what do we do in that kind of instance?
Speaker 5: I think that then comes to the coordinator, the organizer, and the club itself, so that really it happens and it's nature.
Speaker 4: You can't really beat yourself about it.
Speaker 5: It's just the communication that you need to speak with the club and say, look, this is what happens.
Speaker 4: Can we reschedule our gold date? Then you'll tell us when.
Speaker 5: It's your availability or available date that we can, you know, schedule our gold day for So those type of things are problems, but problems that you can maneuver around. And sometimes the tricky part is that if I'm having one hundreds and forty four players.
Speaker 4: Today, which is a full field, and I risk you I might end.
Speaker 5: Up with eighty players, you must be open minded about it because then that doesn't mean hundred and forty four people are available on Friday just because they didn't play. People run businesses in this career, in this industry.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, it's a tough one.
Speaker 4: I know, it's a very I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's why when I tell people about golf, really I start by.
Speaker 4: Breathing and say I don't know, because really I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a lot going on here, It's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: Now, let's go for a two minute break, Let's get something refreshing, and then now we will be back in two minutes. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: M HM.
Speaker 1: In the world where fairways meet the airways where Murdie's and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This there's balls and ts. Your passports to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its pipes.
Speaker 3: Lay.
Speaker 1: Get ready to step onto the last greens and dive into the world of divids, drives and delightful better.
Speaker 7: Invisible in Consulting your gateway to financial success. We specialize in providing the best solutions to manage your finance and accounting, ensuring a better life for you and your business. Our expert team offers top notch accounting and tax consulting services tailored to various industries, including but not limited to, engineering, medical practitioners, in construction, nonprofits, events, management, attorneys, and financial services. Experience the power of our best analytics, backed by a commitment to our clients and a high level of knowledge and Invisible Ink Consulting, we strive to deliver the best service you can get, making your financial journey seamless and rewarding. Choose Invisible Ink Consulting for a brighter financial.
Speaker 2: Future your success out priority.
Speaker 7: Please visit us at www dot invisible ink, dot co dot set it to reach us www dot invisibleink, dot co dot zeta.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Thanks Tony, welcome back and thank you for steing with us. No, no, we are in the second segment of our episode today and you know, I just want to take it a notch up. I mean, we we've discussed the aspect of event organizing and like you said, it's one one world that will make you take numerous breadths before you can even talk about it. Now, let's talk about this this lovely, ugly addiction that we have, which is the sport itself, all right, right, So I mean, like like I said earlier, it's one it's one world that has been predominantly dominated by men over time, and it's it's very beautiful to actually see women emerging and not just the go off us, but doing business around the golf course or even uh incorporating golf into that business life. So that includes you obviously. Now I want to find out. I mean, you are an expect when it comes to organizing golf days. And I'm sure you've played with numerous people from your client client base, don't don't they ever? Like like like you said, you're not the best of golfers, but you know you're surviving just like me. Don't they ever look at you and be like, but no, no, this is what you do every day. You're supposed to be like the best when it comes to this thing.
Speaker 4: Nah, And I will tell you for free.
Speaker 5: Remember there's less women in golf, so most of the time it's either I'm playing with fifteen men in the same school, I'm playing with four men in my phoobo or whatever.
Speaker 4: The case could be.
Speaker 5: And guess what, I'm the one that gets the softest treatment to the course, more more than anyone, you know.
Speaker 4: And sometimes I'll tell take your time, you know, it's.
Speaker 5: I think that's that's the only part that makes me go back and try again.
Speaker 4: You know, I would not get mark.
Speaker 5: My friends and the people that I know in the industry, they're doing so well, well done, they're doing so great, and that's what we need because I was firstly, I remember last yesterday and this guy not yesterday, on Friday last week when I was playing houting explaining with some because you mean, new people every time, and this guy says to me, Nana, don't hit so hard to take your time, and and literally he was just whispering. It wasn't a football story that needed to be discussed, you know, no, you know, and and and because I tried so hard to hit when I was driving that driver, and those guys said to me, you know what, it's not a competition.
Speaker 4: Take your breath forget about you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and and and and guess what had passed? And it's.
Speaker 2: Because somebody.
Speaker 5: There's somebody, there's somebody that is telling me nicely, you know. And and and mind you you have this challenge of how I'm playing with men. You can tell when the men hit their drive it's strong. It's it makes the sound, you know. So now as a woman, when you heat, you'll be like nothing strong. We need my development dulla that day because you want a compuy and make sure that whatever they name there on their small lagy prize giving during the table day on on the halfway house or whatever your name is day, because you can't be beatty is a strong even though we met.
Speaker 4: So it's always the challenge.
Speaker 5: But the nicer part about it is that even though we play with men that really knows golf, but they will always tell us the right things, you know.
Speaker 4: So it's not a competition.
Speaker 5: We're not competing with men, but rather we saying, oh, I wish I can be the first woman that brings more women in this thing.
Speaker 4: It's quite nice. That's how we feel all the time.
Speaker 2: And I think that that's one of the most important thing to say. You know what, As a woman who's already enjoying golf and UH has seen the benefits of golf both from a personal and a professional point of view, I believe it's only fair to say, you know what, let me bring in other people. Maybe someone can also see certain opportunities within this industry and UH that that could change their lives as well.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm true that.
Speaker 2: Now, no, no, here, here's here's the golden question that I have for you. Right, so you're in houting, you played houting, you got your babies and your past, so you were on fire on Friday. Now look at how thing. Then let's look at home ground a case. Right if if if you went to pick a place you you can play a corner on a on a weekly basis, which one would.
Speaker 5: Because you are testing me, I feel like you're testing me golf clubs and care phenomena. I will tell you this for free. I think also it's because.
Speaker 4: It's around the court.
Speaker 5: You know, my number one course out of all the courses that I played, I think I've played five or six. I think my number one in number two, my number one in number two, which is opposite according to the map, but it's still in case. It's my Princess Grant.
Speaker 4: Princess Grant is my my is my number one.
Speaker 5: And then for some reasons, because I was still new in the golf industry.
Speaker 4: And I like the idea of driving a golf cut and.
Speaker 5: You know, I and I hit a tree that that was very close to someone's house, and I was the golf cut was literally in the window of the dining room of the house. But well, the whole number sixteen Princess Grands is also perfect.
Speaker 4: I love Princess Grinds. And my second, which that I'm going to play.
Speaker 5: This see sometime for a third time and I think it's coming to it's becoming My first is Gourri Firm. I love Gorifer. Can play garlfarm Is in Midlands. I can play Golly Firm any day, every day.
Speaker 2: But I mean the Midlands, I mean the view the landscape day is phenomenal. It's phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really I like it.
Speaker 2: I love to play in such an environment.
Speaker 5: And I know right, you know right, it's quite very interesting. But the golf course days it's beautiful.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it day as much as amateur. But I have you know, I have a good eye when it comes to such Zimballey also is a nice course. A number of difficults, but yeah, it's it's it's nice. Don't come out with good schools there, and I wouldn't say much about but I know the course and I've played it before.
Speaker 2: Like you said, you know, you know, if there's anything nice about golfers around the coast is that there's certain holes you can actually have a view of the ocean and you can hear I know, right, I know no, But but I'm upset that there's there's nothing outing that has actually caught your attention that much. I thought you were going to say something about houting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe I have a heart for Reint Park because because rain Park groomed me, by the way, and I'm the baby of rain Park.
Speaker 4: And funny enough, I don't play rain Park much.
Speaker 5: And but when you ask me about fire throne. I will tell you that I already know when you asked me to come and play with you that I'm not going to have.
Speaker 4: The good day because the tree is there. Amen. I also like I think I like partving for some reasons.
Speaker 5: He always challenges me, Glendower, I almost lost my eye there, so so clean. Now when you tear off on your tent right before the lake, which is closer to the whole day, and there's trees on your right and side, I think, and that tree is not far from the bridge or the lake, so it's either you hit over or you hit closer to the bridge.
Speaker 4: So I think my positioning I need to mean.
Speaker 5: But I'm soft girl, so you can tell me. Sometimes it's salty and it doesn't come as I'm saying. I mean, how much I'm phoning to a soft girl?
Speaker 4: Can you keep it like that? I love golf and I'm passionate about and it's business for me.
Speaker 5: But I'm still a soft girl under circumstances, you know. And when I hit that ball, it went straight in between the trees that are closer to the bridge. So for some reason, I was trying to be Tiger Woo's wife and see if I can make things happen, you know.
Speaker 4: And when I hit the ball, oh, it waits for me. It was madness.
Speaker 5: It was madness, and I thought the sound of the thing. Luckily I was wearing glasses, right, So.
Speaker 4: I'm playing with three guys. I'm the only girl I beach.
Speaker 5: During there if not when I hit the ball, because I was hoping that I'm gonna hit it lower so that it goes straight over, you know, to the cream. When I hit the thing, the sound of it, the sound of the tree. Forget about the sound of my classes.
Speaker 4: The sound of the.
Speaker 5: Tree sounded like I'm coming back for you and you're gonna die today. So when it came back, it hits just on the edge of the classes, you know, where you're I don't know what they call this thing, Yeah, the frame off, but there's also your chin bone on that on that thing.
Speaker 4: So it hit on top.
Speaker 5: And it sounded, and the guys were silent. There was a moment of silence because they firstally wanted to see.
Speaker 4: How am I reacting?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And am I responding to the noise?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: Sure, even though it hit on my cheeks? But am I okay? Because anything could be could be, could be broken. It's sounded like something was broken, but it was classic. And I hold my face and I put my head down because my head was done for some reasons.
Speaker 4: But still it wasn't that up.
Speaker 5: So that's why it hit at the edge of the cheek, just at the edge. And I had this guy that I was playing with it and said, are you okay? And I said, yeah, you know, now I'm doing a nice when you're writing, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: And I was pleading. I was pleading. But thank you to the classes that I was wearing.
Speaker 5: I'll mentioned that brand when when I'm a millionaire, said look, this friend saved my life.
Speaker 4: But yeah, and I went back to the camphouse and guess what.
Speaker 5: I came back very upset and I wanted to play the back nine so sober.
Speaker 4: It wasn't. It wasn't. I was sullen.
Speaker 5: I'm bleeding a little bit, but it wasn't anything that says you can't play. But I was doomed for some reasons. I was feeling funny, you.
Speaker 2: Know, isn't.
Speaker 4: But I got checked. There was an r whatever, but I got checked and got checked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry to hear about that.
Speaker 4: And I went off gold for two months.
Speaker 5: Because every time when you tell me about any cause that has trees, A'm traumatized.
Speaker 2: I can imagine I would also be even I would be like, you know what, I only play like your goals at least, but.
Speaker 4: At least I've got a story to tell. It was very I mean traumatized.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry about that. Even even for those who witnessed that. It must have done something to them to say, you know what.
Speaker 4: They never played with me again, by.
Speaker 2: The way, I couldn't.
Speaker 5: It couldn't be actually having a game sometime end of this month, but the elevation.
Speaker 2: But I hope it's not the same.
Speaker 4: Cause no, definitely, no, it's not the same.
Speaker 2: Not that I'm not that.
Speaker 5: I'm That was my last time I played that course. I would love to go back there, to go back to that course again. They even gave me a voucher. I still have that vouche to go in experience.
Speaker 2: But traumatized, Yeah, you need you need counseling after such an experience.
Speaker 3: I think so, I think so, I think no, no, no, no, that's it's nice to understand, But you know, I still don't think it's an embarrassing moment that you've had on the golf No.
Speaker 5: No, Techinitely, I don't feel embarrassed myself.
Speaker 4: Like I mean, I mean who I am? Who I am?
Speaker 5: There's better people who play golf, and they come with serious injuries and people it.
Speaker 4: Couldn't have been well.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say I was hit by my own balls, but I was hit by my own bowls. But there are people who you know how it is when the field is slow and people will start hitting and you still.
Speaker 4: And you get hit somewhere somehow.
Speaker 5: And there's a guy that I know that really was in a bad situation in December because someone hit them with the ball and they were behind them and the field was slow.
Speaker 4: So I mean, it's one of those things that happens in golf, and unfortunately I can't.
Speaker 2: You know, you can't give up based on you know.
Speaker 4: I can't unfortunately.
Speaker 2: All right, So tell me, Nana, your your most celebrated moment on the golf course. Where and when was this and what happened?
Speaker 4: You want to go.
Speaker 5: Celebrated moment the court was last year? I think it was last year June when I played in a golf day at King's Trophy there's a golf day called called King's Trophy, and for some reasons, I worked with King's Trophy from time to time at some point because I've been in different clubs and so I know, you know, most of the golf days that I could possibly attend.
Speaker 4: So I played in that golf day.
Speaker 5: And it was.
Speaker 4: Not last year, I think the other year.
Speaker 5: It was my first time winning something in a golf day.
Speaker 4: No, it's even fun yet.
Speaker 5: There was my first time winning something in a golf day specific, not just normal groups or social clubs that we play.
Speaker 4: In a golf day.
Speaker 5: And in that golf day, I won the longest Day and my gift was a yoga master. Okay, okay, So you guys are saying, because you have had a long day and you behave like you were drum day, you might as well just.
Speaker 2: But you know what, at least they recognized I.
Speaker 5: Did hold that bottle with confidence because I knew what happened there. It wasn't a good day at all, but yeah, at least my name was they for longest day in a coffee.
Speaker 2: No, but I mean it makes a difference. It cheers you up. I mean I've had days like those where sometimes I even feel like, you know what, let me just pick this ball up and go back and sit at the halfway house, or just get into my car and drive away. So for them to recognize you for that, I have to give them a big ups. And for you to actually receive it with that confidence and uh, with that mindset, it basically shows that you know what you've got. Good sportsmanship number one and number two you you you love the spots so much that regardless of how long your day is, you your passive and you go out to share what you came for. No, no, no, that's that's awesome stuff. Now. Now, now we are reaching the end of our segment today and it has been amazing to have a chat with you. That's not number one much the insight that you've shared with myself as well as the audience. It's not for sake, if I can put that way. I believe that you come by wisdom, you come by experience. Those are things that you gain over time, and for you to actually share such with us in an open space like this, also even your experiences around the golf course in such an open space, I have to take my head out to you and I still need to hold you to the Thailand golf day.
Speaker 5: I'm going there, definitely. I'll drop your detail. Sometimes I just need.
Speaker 2: To polish my golf as well. I don't want to find myself swimming.
Speaker 5: I've never been in Thailan myself, so it's gonna be a very interesting Jenny.
Speaker 4: And I think that.
Speaker 5: Well through the through what they have sold me, it really looks scared.
Speaker 4: It's one of those that you.
Speaker 5: Would really I would want to have you, you know, longest day, as long.
Speaker 4: As you're in the islands.
Speaker 2: Some places you just don't want to leave you, like you know what. Let me delay as much as I can delay enjoying myself around.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can be like on you or whatever.
Speaker 5: Hold in black No, guys, thanks, I'm picking up because you have those moments.
Speaker 4: I'm picking up. I'll pick up three holes in a road, black.
Speaker 5: Bill thinks. But you know, I don't mind to pick up in talent, so I'll pick ups if.
Speaker 4: I want to.
Speaker 5: As long as I'm not in South Africa, I wouldn't mind.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we know that because in splendid condition.
Speaker 5: No, definitely, And I think also I've recently seen how how how it looks. I think this also the holy timing makes it even better. Of courses are really looking good. They're really looking good.
Speaker 2: And we also have to give a big thank you to all golfers, whether they're social, whether they're professional, for actually treating all these golf courses with respect. Number one, number ten, give a big thanks to everyone who pitches up to their respective golf events golf days with the utmost respect of the game and the utmost respect for the organizers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not it's not an easy job, believe me.
Speaker 5: And and you deal with a lot of different characters.
Speaker 4: And you know, somebody.
Speaker 5: Said, yeah, I don't know who I'm playing with, but I know what they're playing in ten fifty FA. Yeah, somewhere, somehow, somewhere that needs things to be done, and you really need to get it done because this same person might be annoying you about Nana, I want a gold day that's coming, you know, and you really have.
Speaker 4: To be grounded somewhere somehow. Doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter because the same person can give you the biggest doll in your life that you never you never thought of and.
Speaker 4: And for some reason then it's it's challenges that we.
Speaker 5: Face in different courses depending what type of clients that we bring into them. You know, it's challenging and and min you some of the golf courses, those those those clients are the people that sits in the board and makes the golf courses run, you know, so that people don't know who they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, awesome stuff. Have to say once again, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone around you who's allowed you to go through this conversation with me. I am I'm highly honored and I look forward to I believe will be will be playing one of these days. I believe we will be playing one of these days, but it definitely won't be len. I'll make sure that lets vouch to you.
Speaker 4: You know, I need to go big. Who knows?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think you're ready yet. Let's go.
Speaker 5: Maybe I can shocking our flames, say don't take me.
Speaker 4: Maybe I can show our flames and like remember when you did me dirty last time.
Speaker 2: That's a championship, cause you know, even the product.
Speaker 4: Is the championship. Cause I don't I don't play like that.
Speaker 2: But it has been absolutely lovely chatting to you. And may you have a pleaceful Yeah, may you have a great successful year. Let the guilds come through. Let's do this golf course, the golf days. Let's make sure that there's more and more events coming through. Let it not just be thailant. Let's go to Europe, Let's go to America. Let's let's put let's put you on the international map, not just any map. If we have to do alf a golf day in Greenland, you know it's it's so funny that Greenland is covered in ice, then let it be. But let's do it.
Speaker 5: Appreciate it, appreciate it. All right, thank you, Thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Nana, you must have yourself a lovely night.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. All right, bye.
Speaker 2: Bye, So ladies and gentlemen, there you have it. This is the end of ours segment today, and it has been quite an insightful conversation that I've had with none of whom is a golf event organizer. I mean she mentioned that she does this on a daily basis, and it's not just based in houting. I mean she's breaking international markets, going all the way to Thailand to do the same. So big ups to her, and big ups to everyone who keeps on supporting golf. Everyone who keeps on bringing new golfers into the space. Everyone who keeps on supporting golf premn neals, whether it be equipment, whether it be a parallel, whether it be organization, or the food around the golf course. I would say big ups to everyone who supports anything that goes around golf. With that being said, ladies and gentlemen, is my cue to say, Tomorrow is Thursday, Friday is approaching. But please don't ever quote me and say that I said the weekend has officially started. My weekend has officially started. For those who are going to work tomorrow, please make sure that you wake up elie, you get to work on time, and then when you get there, make sure that you put your phone on the side, you open the latest tournament that's taking place while you're waking. And then on Friday, please do make sure that you play the best golf of your life. With that being said, ladies and gentlemen, this is the one and only Tony Tone, the Magician, the ball with a lot of flair. I am a classic man, and this is Balls and Teas the only place you will ever ever ever ever hear about the ins and out of golf worldwide. This is the place to be the magicians.
Speaker 5: Two seven set s