Speaker 1: Ripped news, need advice? Who you don't have? Come run anxious as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help me.
Speaker 2: Come, man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome to the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take your complaints. My goal and our goal is to make your life a little bit better. You've been ripped off or taking advantage of I want to hear from you. That is what this shows about. I love sinking my teeth into the bad guys, maybe a bad contractor maybe a bad landlord, a bad doctor, you name it. I want to help you. And on top of that, we got a list of experts at referral list dot com that are better than anybody out there. I'll just say it. In fact, if you're looking for a vendor, if you're looking for an a turn need to use, if you're looking for anything along those lines, you go to referral list dot com. I'll simply say that I'm also going to add the worst of the worst. You know where that is? Where is that, Suzanne? Where do we list the worst of the worst?
Speaker 3: Sleez Brigade dot com.
Speaker 2: By the way, Don Ailey, does anybody remember Don Iiley? Don Iiley screwed over not only some of our people, meaning people on referral list and people around the state of Colorado, small businesses. He was an accountant that would file bogus tax returns and basically the business got held, but the business got left hold in the bag. That was the bottom line. He would basically tell the Feds that a small business had zero employees, but he would take the payroll proceeds each month out of that business's bank account and tell them that they paid the Feds. After five or ten years, the Feds figured out what was going on. They came after him, and they went after the businesses. He got twelve and a half years in federal in the federal pen. Why am I talking about him? You know what I heard? I got an email from somebody. Oh yeah, you remember that. Oh yeah, he's dead. Apparently he died. He met his maker somewhere in prison. Of course, he's only been in four or five years. I don't know if he was murdered. I don't know if he hung himself, but quite honestly, I don't care.
Speaker 4: He ruined a lot of lives, mark marriages, divorces, suicide, suicides is terrible.
Speaker 2: We had one guy own a business ended up blowing his head off after Di Niley destroyed the entire business. So quite frankly, I'm glad he's six feet in the ground.
Speaker 3: Good riddance.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We tried to look up what happened, but when you're in a federal prison and you die, it's not exactly easy to find information. So I don't know what else to say. But if anybody out there does know how he died, I'd love to hear it. I would love to hear how that man died. He screwed so many people, He caused deaths, and he destroyed families. So that's it. And there's still ten million dollars missing. I don't know who has it, no idea, but.
Speaker 4: Here's what the folks he took money from, they still were left holding the bag, paying not.
Speaker 2: Money before he went to court. Oh they're still paying til this day.
Speaker 3: That's sad.
Speaker 2: I went down there. In fact, on our Facebook page, I went down to his office. This is way pre COVID, and he was the only one in this office. It was like half a floor of a big building. It had to be five thousand square feet, twenty thirty forty offices, big conference room, big reception area, the whole bit. I walked in there not one person in there, and I'm Facebook Live at the time. One guy walks out of one office and the entire thing. It was Don Eiley, and I confronted him. He had nothing to say, of course, and basically at some point told me I had to get out. I was stresspassing. But anyhow, that's what we do here. I love going after the bad guys. I'll always let you know when lines are open. Right now, we have two open three oh three seven to one, three eight two five five in the studio with me, my beautiful wife Suzanne, Deputy dollar counting background. We have Deputy Dmitri. He's our trash man. What do you think of that, Deputy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I really like that.
Speaker 2: I like to he's in the recycling business. He makes problems disappear good. You like that, yeah, okay. And then of course we have Kelly on the other side of the glass and Shannon running the board. We'd love to hear from you three oh three seven to one, three eight, two five five before I go to Clayton he's got a problem with the roofing contractor Clayton. You'll be first, and then Ray has got a question on wills and probate. We might get one of our attorneys on at refralist dot com. But doctor Joel Cherdak is in with me. He's the owner of Denver regen dot com. What's going on, doc? Hey Marko morning, Good morning, sir. We're gonna dive into something I'm doing through you guys. I'm not going to do it right now, but it's very exciting. I can't wait to talk about it. And I also want to dive into a study with you that I was reading yesterday. I think it came out over the weekend, and it's basically saying, if you drink any amount of alcohol at all, your risk of getting cancer is high. That is how I have read it on CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, Fox had a little different take on it, and then some other articles. But I assume you know what I'm talking about on this study.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with it.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to dig into that because there's a lot of people out there going see you tell me I have a glass of wine at dinner on Friday. I'm going to die of cancer. I really do want to get into that. But before we dive into that, Hey, what's going on, Clayton, Clayton, you're up, sir?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 9: Hey, yes, I do have a problem with a riffing companies. They came in, did my roof would didn't do a good job. When I try to add to repeat on me to redo it, all you want to do is argue with me.
Speaker 2: Hey, Clayton, let's start. Let's start with some basics. When was the roof done?
Speaker 10: Just roughlyly in July?
Speaker 2: So in July you hired these roofers, Like after a hailstorm or was it a cash deal? Why were they there after a healthstorm? Okay, so you had heal damage, you contacted your insurance or a roofer. It got approved, The roofer comes out, they do the roof. Now, when you said you didn't like what was not done or how it was done, get a little more specific for me, like when they were finished or thought they were finished. What was wrong with it?
Speaker 9: It looked like it was an old job though, what does that mean? One of the one of the employees, he told me that the shingles was old, but he said, so that he don't.
Speaker 5: Get in trouble.
Speaker 9: He said, if I bring that up to his boss, he would not.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, agreed. I'm trying to understand what you're saying. So tell me if I've got this right. One of the subcontractors, or I assume is the sub someone that was working on your roof, said that the shingles were old. When you say old, you mean they were still new, but they were old, or you saying they were using like used shingles.
Speaker 9: He didn't say pacific. Only thing he What he did is he came and replaced a couple of with like five shingles, and he said that those shingles were not too good.
Speaker 2: Oh wait a second, wait a second, I'm sorry. I I thought the entire claim would cover the whole roof. Was it just a small section of the roof?
Speaker 5: No, No, they covered the whole roof. They did the whole room.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute, and what do you mean by he put a few on there that looked old? I don't get that.
Speaker 9: Uh So what he did was when I told him that the shingles wasn't right.
Speaker 2: And so wait wait wait, Clayton, Clayton, I'm sorry, to keep interrupting, but I really got to understand. So when you looked up when the roof was done, and you're telling me it's not right, what do you mean by that it was the wrong color? They looked old? What when you said they're not right? What did you mean.
Speaker 5: It was the right color?
Speaker 9: But what happened is it looked like.
Speaker 5: The tip of it was like.
Speaker 11: It.
Speaker 9: It looked like the chinger would be in there for a long time. I mean it was like the lift up. It would kind of like up. And he said, that's the way the chingo's supposed to look and supposed to give it the old look instead of a new.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to That's really what he said. It's supposed to give an old look instead of a new look.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what he told me.
Speaker 2: What was this company called? Who was it?
Speaker 5: Robin Hood Roofing?
Speaker 2: In What area are you at?
Speaker 5: I mean Denver, the Mombella area.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on a second, let me get on hold. I got to take this break. I'm going to come back to you right after this. Ray Hold on two lines open three seven, one, three eight, two five five, and Kelly, I would like you to get Jay brats On or Henry brats I would appreciate that. Everybody, hold tight. We're gonna get to the bottom of this. I mean, I've never heard of this. You've had some roofing experience, doctor Joel, You've you know, in your past. I mean, if you ever heard of anything like that. It's supposed to look old. That's that's what we're selling you. Is a shingle that's meant to look old.
Speaker 7: That seems ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I've never heard anything like it. Hold on, man, there is a lot.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durant, the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Going on in the news. By the way, we're going to dig into some of it, but right now we're trying to get one of our roofing companies on. But I don't care what anybody says. Kelly, did you try to reach out to those guys?
Speaker 12: They haven't responded yet, but I'm working on it.
Speaker 2: We should hear back the other one. Let's try down in Colorado Springs. Who are our friends down there, Suzanne? But trolley? But what's his name? I like, yeah, see if we can get O'Malley on. He's a great roofer down in the Springs, really good people. But here's the deal. If you're just joining this. Clayton hired Robin Hood roofing. These guys came out, did the roof. He looks up at it and the roof just simply doesn't look good to you, right, Clayton.
Speaker 5: Right, that's correct.
Speaker 2: And the guy says, he's saying.
Speaker 9: That that they tore it a siding off the house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if he placed it with the two by four, they call it good.
Speaker 2: Well, So right now, if you said you a picture, I mean, the side of your house is a two by four, that's hard to believe.
Speaker 9: If you that you would come and see it, you'll see I couldn't. I was like, why didn't you just put a regular sighting. But he just put a two by four on the side in two areas and then didn't even paint it.
Speaker 2: This doesn't wait a minute, Clayton. Sometimes I get calls where I just start scratching my head. First of all, you're telling me this roofing company, Robinhood Roofing, they came out, they did the roof. You look up on it, and some of the shingles, for lack of a better word, look old. They're curling up, they look like they've been sitting in the sun forever. They just look old. So you ask them about it, and the person there on their behalf Robin Hood Roofing employees or subcontractors, whatever it is, tells you those shingles are meant to look old, right.
Speaker 5: Right after the manager told me that.
Speaker 2: So then after wait a minute, then after the manager tells you these shingles are made to look old, and these are just assphold shingles like most roofs.
Speaker 5: Right yeah.
Speaker 2: So after you bring that up, not only does he tell you that, but then you point out where some siding was on your house. Is this a house or is this like a barn? So on the siding, they remove the siding when they were doing the roof or doing some other work, and they replaced it with just wood that they didn't even paint correct. This is crazy. Does anybody in this room believe this? I mean, I'm not calling you a liar by any means, Clayton, I just can't believe what clowns these people are. In fact, before I go any further with these guys and let everybody know what Robin Hood Roofing possibly has done, Kelly, let's try to reach out to these guys and give them an opportunity. So here's what I would like, real quick, Clayton, I'm gonna put you on hold, take another call. You're gonna give Kelly the information you have. If you have the sales guy's name, the phone number, the manager, the owner, give the best information. And if you have a couple phone numbers, that would be great. Kelly's going to try to get them to come on the air because I would love to hear what they have to say about it. It's going to be one of two things. Number one, they're total clowns and they actually did all this, and they don't have much money in their upside down option number two. Option number two would be Clayton's stretching it. He really believes the roof doesn't look good and he wants it redone, and they're saying it is fine. I do want to ask him one thing, Hey, Clayton, did it pass inspection?
Speaker 5: We never seen the instruction on paper.
Speaker 2: You've never seen it at all. Do you know if they pulled a permit? Did you see a permit on your house?
Speaker 5: They never did a permit either, So there.
Speaker 2: Was never a permit anywhere on your house, like on the garage door or post it anywhere?
Speaker 5: Oh? Nothing?
Speaker 2: How much did the insurance company pay them, guys? Eighteen eighteen thousand? Hold on, this is crazy. You know I've been wanting something to go after. This is driving me nuts, Kelly. I'm gonna leave them on hold, please, like right now, try to figure out. Get one of them on. Let's see if these guys come on this Robin Hood. I mean, this is this is absolutely insane. Hey, Ray, what's going on with you? It looks like you got a question on a will?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I just need to know what kind of advice what to follow. My mom died a couple of weeks ago. She had a will, complete will or whatever thing she wanted to done. She has no real estate, it's just a little bit of cash. It's around one hundred thousand, so I guess that's the amount has to go through probate before it's dispersed.
Speaker 2: So in the will everything's left to you. I'm asking you that. Or do you have siblings? How does that look.
Speaker 13: If divided among the siblings?
Speaker 2: And how many are there? Yeah, I don't think there's a way to get out of probate. And on the bank account itself, no one was listed after her if if she met her demise like she did.
Speaker 13: No, huhh, it's the bank. Most of your money's in Nebraska. But she lived in Colorado, but she moved for Nebraska and just left her money there. So that's but it's just in her name.
Speaker 2: It's just in her name, one hundred percent. I wonder why she didn't list a beneficiary I I want to get I don't think really there's much to do. You got to go into probate. Who's in charge of the will? Who did she list?
Speaker 13: My brother? Then my sister's next in mine if he doesn't do it well, and.
Speaker 2: Are they simply not doing it? Why are you making the call today? And I'm going to get Brad O'Brien on or I'm sorry, I'm going to get mackenzie on to talk about it.
Speaker 13: My brother's gone overwhelmed. He don't know what to do, he said, he just wants to give it to the lawyer and handle I. So if you do that, the money's going to be gone.
Speaker 2: It's not you know, well, I don't know about that necessarily. I'm not exactly sure how much that would cost. But what I would like to do is we'll get Dan McKenzie on. Hold on, I'm going to get one of our experts on. We're going to get Dan McKenzie and ask them. Not only that, we're going to kind of ask him how much to go through probate with a with an attorney and what are the other options. Let's hear that from them. Is there something your brother can do or is there something your sister can do or you can do that would cost a little or next to nothing. But let's figure out those answers. I'm sure there is a way for people to do it themselves. I mean, there's no doubt about it. Whether or not you guys are capable of that. Maybe you'll decide after we talked to Dan McKenzie. Now doctor Joel in studio. We got two lines open three O three seven one three eight two five five. We're waiting on Kelly to talk to that roofing company. So doctor Joel, I want to tell you something. I don't mind talking about this on air. I talked to Suzanne about it, and I don't mind it all. I started try try zeppetide. How do you put it? Tears zepetide, tar zepetide t E r t I r t I r turs zeppiptide. That's going to kill me every Why do they name medications so ridiculous? If you look at cars, most cars are named very simple, like take Tesla model as model X. But medications they have like fourteen syllables and no one knows. They're all made up, right, I mean, it's that's made up.
Speaker 7: It's made up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy. Anyhow, I digress. Here's the bottom line. I went on it. I started it Wednesday, last Wednesday. And what it is and I'll have you explain it. In fact, you explain what it is first.
Speaker 7: Well, what it's called is a GLP one. A lot of people have probably heard that term GLP one medication, which stands for glucagon like protein and all that is. Glucagon. Protein is a protein your body makes when you have enough food, when you feel hungry.
Speaker 2: So, the best way that I can describe it, now that I'm on it, everybody out there has sat down and had more than they can chew. They've had a big Thanksgiving dinner, they ate too many slices of pizza. They ate the pizza then followed it up with a bag of the ritos. Whatever it is, you're too freaking full, and your stomach tells your brain you can't get another bite in. I mean literally, you feel so full it's crazy. It's like after Thanksgiving dinner. What I have noticed about this? And I am amazed, amazed. Not even a weekend tomorrow be a week I've only had one shot last Wednesday morning. I don't feel hungry. I almost wonder if there's some form of a placebo effect happening to me, but I simply don't feel hungry now. I have intermittently fasted along with my wife for many years. There's been years we have only eaten once a day. Now. I haven't done that for a while, but generally we never eat in the mornings. We just don't. Will end up e for on a trip or something, we will, but generally we don't. And I weighed starting at two twenty five. Okay, I am down under two fifteen. Now I'm down twelve pounds in six days. But I'll tell you why. There's no magic about it. I'm not hungry. I have eaten, like I think to first day, well, the first day I ate normally, I didn't do anything. The second day, I'd like six chicken wings. The next day I might have had a Hamburger, patty, whatever it is. But I've been eating next to nothing, and I don't feel hungry at all. I seem to still have the energy level. I was terrified I wouldn't have the energy level to do yoga and stuff. But the fact that I've dropped almost twelve pounds in six days is unbelievable. I can't imagine. Those are the kind of results most people have. And I'm on the lowest dose there is, right, five units.
Speaker 7: You call it, Well, you're on our standard starter dose, so.
Speaker 2: That's the standard. It's crazy. What do you make of that? I mean, if you heard that kind of outcome before, Uh, we have.
Speaker 7: Actually, you know, everybody responds a little bit differently, but generally speaking, people lose weight pretty quickly, sometimes remarkable. Sometimes it's a couple of weeks. I mean with you, it's it's a week. It's amazing. Uh, but we've seen it's not unheard of.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. You don't. I can't even explain it to my wife. I can't even explain it to her. It's like, I don't feel hungry. You know, generally you get hungry and you start thinking of food. Those thoughts are literally wiped out. I mean, I just don't feel hungry anymore. I can't believe it, but I want them inside effects. I really haven't had any side.
Speaker 3: Was forcing yourself to eat, Mark, I mean, really you have. That's what I've noticed.
Speaker 2: I literally had last night we got home. We did yoga after the show, like between three and four. We get home. I hadn't eaten all day, and I literally forced myself to eat maybe uh maybe a quarter pound of some kind of chicken. That's that's what I ate, and then a handful of pistachios. And when I was done with the pistachios, I was like, I overdid it. I can't believe it. I overdid it. I ate like calorie wise, we're talking like three for hundred calories. There's got to be a downside to this. We'll talk about that. Dan McKenzie's coming up right after this break, So Ray, we're gonna answer your question for Dan. His wife or I'm sorry, his mother passed away one hundred thousand dollars in cash, no real estate, so a small Affidavid's not going to work a small state Affidavid. But for him to get the one hundred thousand dollars, Uh, he's going to have to go to probate Dan. I would assume that, but can he do it on his own? And if not, Dan, what would that generally run? Everybody hold tight a lot cooking, all right? Three three seven, one, three eight two five five. By the way, this hour brought to you by Frank Dran, the real estate man. You know, Frank made us a fortune selling our house in cap So Rock. He actually listed it lower than the same models in the neighborhood by quite a bit. I thought he was nuts. If he's listening, sorry, Frank, but I thought you were crazy. But ultimately what happened he created a bidding frenzy, and all said and done, are sold for more than any of the other ones. I couldn't have been more happy. It was great. And then he helped us get our house and negotiate a great price on our house in frank Town. Frank durand Holmes dot com. Check him out Frank durand Holmes dot com. Now I want to go to a referral list member and a really really great attorney when it comes to Will's probate anything like that. Trust he can do everything. But Dan McKenzie COO Plans dot co. By the way, But Dan, first of all, Happy New Year. How are you doing?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 14: Very good?
Speaker 5: Very good.
Speaker 2: So we've got a question. I want to bring Ray up. But Ray had a pretty basic question. His mom passed away, I think a couple of weeks ago. Is that correct, Ray, Yes, sir, his all she had was cash in the bank, and for whatever reason, there was no beneficiary. But I want to ask you about that after the fact end. But what does he have to First of all, he does have to go through probate, is that correct?
Speaker 15: Yeah, she's got more than eighty two thousand bucks, and you know, I'm sure she has some personal property too, but just that cash in the bank is more than eighty two thousands, So yes.
Speaker 2: So there it is. And then if it's real estate, just for other people listening, my understanding is it doesn't matter if the piece of property or the parcel is only worth fifteen thousand, it pretty much if it's not in a trust or something like that, it pretty much has to go through probate as well.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now his main question is the person in charge of the will, is that your brother or sister. Ray brother has no idea what they're doing. He has too many things on his mind. He's not doing anything and he doesn't know what to do. So you know, kind of pick it up from there. I guess that's really the question is there something Ray he can do. He's afraid if they hire an attorney, you know, it's going to wipe out all the money. Just give me your thoughts, Dan, I.
Speaker 15: Mean, that would be a lot of money to wipe out.
Speaker 10: I mean, I think you know.
Speaker 15: Unfortunately, there is only one probate process, whether we're dealing with ten million or one hundred thousand, So you've still got to run the credit or notifications.
Speaker 10: You still got to do.
Speaker 15: You know a couple things and inventory and stuff like that, but it probably would be relatively straightforward. So you know, you're probably looking in the five to ten thousand range should do a probate typically that is uncontested and relatively straightforward, honest, say with attorneycy.
Speaker 8: So that might be too much.
Speaker 5: I understand.
Speaker 15: You can go out there. The courts actually do have a lot of self help resources for people who are trying to do probates. Your brother, even if he is nominated in the will, can renounce that position. He does not have to do it if he's if he understands he doesn't have time to do it, that's great. But if you go out there and just google the term Colorado probate JDF j d F instructions like, you'll probably pull up this form that the courts have put out explaining what you need to do to get the probate going and which forms you need to file.
Speaker 2: Could you brother elect anybody he wants or can the other people listed in the will say no, no, no, we don't want that person.
Speaker 15: Well, if so, it depends on if so, there's a priority in the in the Colorado Statutes for who gets to be appointed. If multiple people apply at the same time, and if obviously they're all brothers and sisters are going to have the same level of priority. So if they cannot agree with each other on who should do it, then yeah, there's going to be a court hearing and the court will need to decide which one to appoint. If they can agree, they can all all the ones who don't want to do it just file those renunciations that I just mentioned and make it clear to the court, like, we don't need to have a court hearing. We all agree it should be this person.
Speaker 3: And then the court word points out.
Speaker 2: And what was that again, JDF.
Speaker 15: What uh Colorado Probate instructions put some combination in Colorado AP probate instructions JBF, got it.
Speaker 2: And that'll be the actually document on it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and then it's there's a bunch of JDF forms the US fill out yep.
Speaker 2: And then how much do you think? Roughly? And I hate putting you on the spot with pricing, but honestly, if no one was contesting everything and it was a straightforward I realize you got to list everything in the paper to make sure you know different creditors don't come forward. I mean if everything went smooth, I mean, how many hours of work is that? How many dollars generally? And you know, I mean I realize every attorney's a little different, but give us a generalized because if we're talking five or ten grand, it could be very well worth it. But if we're talking fifty grand, that'd be insane.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, I think you've made the point there that you know, you never know if something got to shop and contest something. It sounds like there is they will and no one's I mean it said there's one account and it probably gets split equally to gain of siblings. You know, Yeah, you're right on the ballpark there. You know, probably five to ten thousand bucks depending on how they charge without any context.
Speaker 2: So Ray, what are you just listening to Dan and what he said so far? There's a couple options here. One, if your brother doesn't want to do it, he can basically step down and say, well he can say, Ray can do it, but you're going to have to go through the court. We've told you what to google, and you can fill out that paperwork and file it and that's probably not that big of a deal. But then you could go in there and figure out how to do this all yourself. But man, that sounds crazy, whereas you could hire an attorney. And if you guys aren't fighting, And by the way, is there any infighting or everybody just wants to do what was in the will and get it done.
Speaker 13: No, there's no fighting. She laid everything out what she wanted done.
Speaker 2: And everybody respects it.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there's a couple of ways.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: One you call Dan McKenzie. To be honest, that's what I would do. I wouldn't even think twice about it. I mean he's talking if everything's good, I mean smooth sailing. You're looking at five grand, possibly you know, ten grand, but somewhere around there, and it's done. It's over the money. You'll be in everybody's bank account and more importantly, it'll be done right. You'll make sure you guys split that money up. Or you don't do something right, And Dan, tell me if I'm wrong in six months from now, some creditor and the notice wasn't properly done. That can come back and bite someone in the ass.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's the big risk that people overlook. And the family's getting along there just about the family, but the probate process is about paying anybody who thinks your mother owed them money as well. And you know there could be a medical dout there from like a wall. You know, you just don't know. And it's like if you distribute the money prematurely, March point is exactly right, like you, they can come back and now you've got personal liability because you didn't do it correctly.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I mean, Ray, it's worth I know people don't like hearing this. You're talking five or ten percent of the inheritance in this case, but it's well worth it, man, because the last thing you want is someone coming after your assets because you didn't do something right. It's just crazy, man. So Ray, I'm going to give you Dan's number. You ready. It's so easy, it's crazy. Eight three three co plans eight three three co plans. What I would do is talk to your brother, talk to your other siblings and basically say, hey, listen, I got some advice today. I called up to Troubleshooter Show. I talked to one of their attorneys on referral list dot com, Dan McKenzie, and here's the bottom line, here's the information I got, And tell them I think this is the best way to do it, because a it's gonna get done and we're not going to risk people coming after us later on.
Speaker 10: Okay, I appreciate that you got it, man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate your call. Hey, Dan, I appreciate you coming on as always. Man, have a good New Year's anybody out there. I mean, you do everything simple. I say a simple trust. I would assume there's something you know what there are what I would refer to as a simple trust, because I know there's very complicated trust. So you can do either or you can also do a simple will you can do it all. I mean that's the bottom line, right, Yeah, we do.
Speaker 15: We don't put everyone in the same plan. We don't put everyone in trust frankly, so yes, there are simple plans that does happen sometimes.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: I absolutely love it. And people can call you up and you'll do generally speaking, they'll tell you what's going on, what they want done, and you're going to tell them how much, in other words, flat rate pricing. They're not going to be surprised at the end. Right, I love it. Thank you, Dan, and you can find Dan McKenzie at referral list dot com. Now we're still trying to get one of our roofers on. That's driving me nuts. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We've got a couple lines open. You've been ripped off, taken advantage of, and then, Kelly, before I go to break real quick, did you get in touch with this robinhood roofing anything?
Speaker 3: Oh I did?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, wait, don't tell me now, tell me tell me after this.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Oh man, we finally got a roofing expert on. But you know, uh, it's no longer going to be the Golf of Mexico. Did you guys know that I was just reading a Trump's newest.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you're getting a kick out of it much.
Speaker 2: I love it. I know there's people out there pulling their hair out going he can't do that. I don't know why he can't. But they're to rename the Golf of Mexico. Ready for this, the Golf of Trump. No, I'm kidding, I'm kidding, Golf of America. I love it. He really said that today we're gonna buy Greenland? Right, aren't we trying to purchase Greenland?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: His son is over there, and I assume he brought this checkbook.
Speaker 2: I assume so. And I doubt Greenland costs that much these days. I don't know what'd we buy Alaska for someone? It was crazy. We bought it from Russia for you know, almost nothing.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: Granted, back then it was nothing. You couldn't drill. You couldn't back then, you had no idea. The value is what I'm saying.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, oil wasn't nearly as valuable back then. But no, got a really good deal on Manhattan if I remember.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm sure Russia's spanking themselves over that one. Hey, Michael O'Malley, he is on a referral list. A referral list that Commy's one of the owners of Petrolley Roofing. First of all, Happy New Year.
Speaker 17: Yes, yes, do you want me to give you an update on Robin Hood?
Speaker 2: I don't quite yet. Okay, I don't quite yet. So Michael O'Malley, First of all, have you ever heard of Robinhood roofing? I haven't. Okay, So they told this guy, listen to this. This is the craziest thing I've ever heard. Here's the problem. I'm gonna run out of time because I'm a blabbermouth. But here's the deal. We've already talked to him. We're we're gonna go to Kelly and figure out what they had to say. But according to Clayton, the caller, here's what they told him. They came out. They did the roof eighteen thousand dollars. It was a hail claim. And he looked at it when it was done. Some of the shingles were kind of curved up. It looked old. It looked like the shinkles had either been sitting in the sun or sitting in the warehouse forever. It looked like crap. The shingles themselves on the siding that they were supposed to repair. All they did was take the siding off, put up some two by Ford's and didn't even paint it. But the shinkles is why I have you up. Hold on a second, are right, Michael? I am so sorry we had you up, but we're going to go back to that. It's crazy.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 2: News need so you don't.
Speaker 4: Have to.
Speaker 1: Come runs as you can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 9: Come man, this is.
Speaker 18: The Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez, welcome.
Speaker 2: My friends, Welcome to the only show of it'skan. We're here to soelve problems, answer your questions, take complaints. I've got a few things I want to talk about as the show moves on. But right now, I've got one of our experts up, so we're going to go to him in a second. But this hour is brought to you by Paul Doubting. We call him Paul the water Man. In fact, if you Google listen to this, google Paul the water Man podcast and you can find his podcast. But I was telling these guys on our YouTube channel during the break, my goodness, I have never met anybody so passionate about a cleaning water. He's got a system right now, and it's absolutely unbelievable. This is a whole house system. It removes chlorine, it removes forever chemicals, it's bacteria resistant, it softens the water. It's one magnificent, beautiful machine. As Trump would say in this Bad Boys on sale right now for your whole house. You knock out everything with one purchase, cheaper than anything I've ever seen. In fact, I'm a little mad at him because I bought a water softener from him for about the same price, although it still was half the price of the other guys. Thirty six ninety five, three thousand and six on your ninety five bucks. It does everything check him out. Check out Paul the water Man, simple as that. Check him out. Call him at three oh three eight six ' two fifty five fifty four waterpros dot net. Now I want to go to Michael O'Malley. I had him up before. Michael. I think I kind of explained the issue. But in a nutshell, Clayton's got a problem with Robin hood roofing. The shingles look old. Now I want to ask you something. Have you ever seen old shingles?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: What do you think? He means? He says, you look at him and basically they're curling up. In fact, I'm gonna let him speak, Clayton, they're curling up. Kind of describe what the shingles look like.
Speaker 5: It's like in an angle. It'll not splits down on regular like the regular roof did.
Speaker 2: So they're sticking up.
Speaker 10: When did it get installed, Oh my god, installed or was it.
Speaker 2: They were installed in July?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, and there's still that way like it sometimes in cold weather that happens, just it takes time for the singles to settle down. But you know it's in July. If they're installed and they still haven't settled down, you've got a problem.
Speaker 4: So what what what?
Speaker 2: What does that mean? Though? Why would they do that? Is it a manufacturing defect?
Speaker 10: Well, and I don't know this company, and I hate to I hate to speak against any company. You know, contractors work hard, sure, but some contractors do, uh, they do use what's called factory seconds.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 10: They get them cheaper and they install it, which increases their margins. I'm not saying that's what this company did by any means, but you know, you can buy seconds, you can buy factory discuss.
Speaker 2: How would you tell or or you.
Speaker 10: Can well, sometimes you tell by the install right if if the shingle isn't doing what it's supposed to do, I definitely have specific some suspicions there. The the other thing is sometimes you know, contractors buy bulk orders of of shingles and they sit around and they just sit in their own warehouse. They weren't seconds, They just they weren't stored properly. And so I mean an asphalt shingle is going to take the shape of well, you've seen it right where it's the palette isn't stacked correctly and anything. The weight, yeah, exactly, I mean you could get that in uh paper towel. It doesn't matter if something stacked incorrectly, it's going to take a shape over time, and so uh, that could be the case. I'd love to see some pictures before.
Speaker 2: I Clayton, do you have any pictures you can send us? Yeah, yes, and explain that part.
Speaker 10: Happy to do an inspection for it too. Mark like to come out and that it's it's so hard to give uh, to give information on you know, just just a story. But I'd love to go out and do an inspection. We wouldn't do any work because I don't want to wark void any kind of warranty. But yeah, what did what did Robin Hood say?
Speaker 2: Did Yeah, Clayton, tell them what Robin Hood said?
Speaker 5: What do you said? The shingle? They give it that? Oh look like three d's.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, that's why I can't stand these If they actually said that, that's the dumbest thing I've heard.
Speaker 9: Mark.
Speaker 3: What did they tell Kelly? We haven't asked her yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, Kelly called up. Let's hear right now, Kelly, you called up Robin Hood and what did they tell you? Just put Yeah, she's coming on, hold on, No, I'm dying to know what they told.
Speaker 12: Yeah, here's the story.
Speaker 2: I called, and that Dave, the.
Speaker 12: Gentleman that they were working with, answered.
Speaker 17: I identified myself, and as soon as I got you, Hi, my name's Kelly. I'm calling from the Tom Martino Troubleshooter Show. Click dial tone, So I figured, I figured maybe we got cut off, so I called back, of course, and then he called. He literally answered and then dial tone. So then he called the station and his number is on caller. I d right now, supposedly to verify I was actually, you know, the Tom Martino Show. And as soon as I answered, the phone dial tone. So then I called back a three sis time. So far this guy's hung up.
Speaker 12: On you, correct, And then I called him a fourth time.
Speaker 17: I called him a fourth time because he called us, so he never answered and his mailbox is full.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. You know, listen, no one, no one needs to answer the phone or to come on air and talk about things, but to hang up on this four times is absurd. And Clayton, you can't get him to do anything besides tell you your roof is supposed to look old. And just to make sure I'm not crazy, Michael O'Malley, have you ever heard of a assphalt shingle that's supposed to make your roof look old.
Speaker 10: No, No, that's Can you imagine saying eighteen thousand dollars for a product to be like? Is it Rick Jeans?
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 2: That's basically what I said. You know what, what is this jerk's name?
Speaker 4: And you know what?
Speaker 2: That is my opinion?
Speaker 14: What is it?
Speaker 16: Dave?
Speaker 2: What the hell was the guy's name, Kelly? Does anybody remember what she said?
Speaker 4: Dave?
Speaker 19: Dave?
Speaker 2: So Dave? And what phone number? You know what, let's blow Dave up. We've got a lot of listeners out there. I would like people to call up and be nice. That's number one. You have to be nice and you simply say, hey, Dave, are you the one that told Clayton is rufe is supposed to look old? Are you the one that said that? And if so, exactly what kind of shingle is that that is supposed to make your house look old? I would love for people to do that. Then call us up because this guy's a jerk. This guy's an absolute jerk in my opinion. Michael O'Malley, I would love for you to go out and do some research for us at Clayton's property.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, I'm sure will this is some snow if you don't mind. I'm not a fan of rufe and snow.
Speaker 2: Come on, no, I'm kidding.
Speaker 13: I know, I know.
Speaker 5: I would do it.
Speaker 2: But hey, Michael, hold on one second. I want you to hold on. Over the break, I'm gonna let Dmitri ask whatever he wanted, but I also want you to hold on because we have another call that might come into effect for you. Dmitri, go ahead. What were you going to say?
Speaker 16: Hey, Michael, I was wondering if you have a way to find out if if Robin Hood first of all, was a licensed roofing contractor in Clayton's jurisdiction.
Speaker 6: Also if he pulled a permit.
Speaker 10: If notches Yeah, yeah, they might be. Uh it looks like they're They've got a website, they've got a Facebook page, so it's not like they're It doesn't seem like they're fly by night. But it might be somebody else with that doesn't think.
Speaker 16: That's no guarantee that they're actually licensed to do the work. They pulled a permit, that's those are my questions.
Speaker 2: The first thing I would like you to do is pull the permit. Here's what I want to do, Clayton, I want you to give Kelly offline your address. We're gonna set you up with Michael to get him to come out and look at this and do an inspection. And he's also going to find out if they pulled a permit. But Michael, nothing has changed. When there's a permit pulled, it's usually on your front door, on your garage somewhere where it's posted. Sure, and there simply wasn't. Clayton never had one at all.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, so I will. But you know, like and again, I'm maybe too generous with contractors. But the uh, it could be somebody else was just hijacking the name. It's not even the real Robin Well.
Speaker 2: Wait, listen, we don't know what it is. But what I do know, Hey, Kelly, did you call the number on their website?
Speaker 11: I did not.
Speaker 12: I just called the number that Clayton gave me.
Speaker 2: I want to see. I'm going to take a break hold on and then if you would hold on, Michael, I'd appreciate that because we might have another question for you. But bottom line is, let's make sure it's the same Robin Hood because that's a valid opinion. Michael just said, and I'll tell you why because in the past people have used Excel Roofing, one of our members on the referral list here in Denver, they have used Excel's name and it wasn't ell. They simply try to piggyback off the advertising. So we're going to try to actually call that number if it's different and find out. But if everything is correct from what Clayton has told is these clowns at Robinhood Roofing, if it's all correct, are absolute jerks. In my opinion, How can you tell someone with the straight face that ass vault shingle is made to look your house, make Lah look old.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three O three seven one three A two five five Robinhood roofs dot com, Kelly, did we figure out if that's the same phone number you dialed? Sometimes sometimes my head's going to explode. We're gonna We're just gonna have a meeting later. I don't know how else to put it. I think I'm pretty cool, right am? I pretty cool? You're cool? I mean, what am I going to say here? I'm trying to do. It's called a live show. Three O three seven one three A two five five. Uh, I'd like to know what we're I want to make sure it's the same exact people in the meantime, Sandy, what's going on with you?
Speaker 10: High?
Speaker 2: Hey, Sandy, so.
Speaker 19: COVID, whom do you endorse? Put some cridit guards on my some they took off my ruin.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, pro Bid pro Bid Energy, the solar company.
Speaker 19: Yeah, the third company. They took off my ruined hail, messed up tritter guards and put new ones on. And the insurance company safe Go said they used to cover them all the time, and all of a sudden now they don't ever cover them. They say they can be reused Brett and Mark were mad. They said, no, there's no way we can reuse those, and they refused to pay. Safe refuses to pay.
Speaker 2: Safeg refuses to pay. How much are we talking for the critter guards? And why can't they be reused? If you look at them, I mean when you take them off or they destroyed.
Speaker 19: Or what they were destroyed, there's pictures of them bent up before.
Speaker 2: Who were you dealing with it, pro Bid? Are you dealing with Mark? Who were you dealing with?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Mark?
Speaker 20: Mark?
Speaker 10: Well here's what since that?
Speaker 19: That SAFEGO guy a big long email, and you're not he could never be.
Speaker 2: Reused And they're simply saying that.
Speaker 19: They're saying, nope, they can be reused.
Speaker 2: Well, I would you know what I would do, I'd stick it to them. And what I mean by that was safe Co. I would actually call up a public adjuster. I'd call up Matt. I wouldn't even think twice about it. I just dealt with SAFEC and I'm going to tell you something, Sandy, and I'm not kidding. There is no exaggeration nothing. We had some hail damage. Safeco came out and said, Nope, we're not going to do anything. I got Matt involved. I'm going to get fifty thousand dollars. I went from zero to fifty. Now I'm going to tell you something else about three years ago, or maybe even longer, right, Susanne, when we had our roof done four years they initially said no damage. This was four years ago. The first one I told you about was last year, four year years ago. Go same thing. I got Matt involved. I had to check for eighty five thousand dollars. What I would do is sick Matt on him. Not only will he get those critter guards paid for, that's my assumption. Long as long as you know, pro Bid is doing everything they're supposed to do. But I bet he finds other damage. I bet there's certain things around your house your insurance company owes you for that you haven't thought of. I'll give you an idea landscaping. I'll give you another idea railing, like on a wood deck. How about chipping on any kind of cement. I don't know how bad the hail was, but I'll tell you this, Matt will use a fine toothcomb and go around that house and find every single thing you should have gotten paid for.
Speaker 16: Mark, I have a lot more background in this story than we just heard from Sam. Oh please on September twentieth, and Tom assigned this case to me. The genesis of her call was the fact was had nothing to do with hail damage. She had a company called best Way approximately seven years ago installed and Sandy, please correct me. I'm going from no they installed. I'm going from memory, Sandy, so please correct me if I'm wrong. They installed solar panels on her roof. Sandy's down in southern Colorado, and they installed this product that the installer calls critter Guard. There is no product called critter Guard. That's just a name that they use.
Speaker 6: It's a steal.
Speaker 16: It's like a chicken wire that they bend into shape. They installed around the solar array to keep the squirrels of there and other animals geta got getting in there. Now, what happened in Sandy's case is squirrels got in there and shoot the wiring. And if I remember this right, initially they caused about six and a half thousand dollars in damage the squirrels. The squirrel's dead, and subsequently Sandy sent me another email saying that damage actually cost thirteen thousand dollars to repair, and she asked for our assistance in getting best way to pay for this damage.
Speaker 6: Now I spoke with both.
Speaker 2: Now, when you say best way, where do they come into this.
Speaker 16: They're the original installation contractor. They stild the solar panels and the mesh which they call critter guards.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they're not the best way that I know on referral.
Speaker 4: Well, in Tom's notes, I'm looking at the call from last January says it.
Speaker 3: Was three grand granded dammage.
Speaker 6: January.
Speaker 4: She called back and had a solar system installed by Best Way Mechanical. She paid an extra seven fifty for critter cards, but squirrels got under it and did three thousand dollars in damage to the solar system.
Speaker 3: That's Tom's exact notes.
Speaker 6: So that was from a year ago.
Speaker 16: I got involved in this case when she called us again on September twentieth, and that's so that's that's the story that I'm relating to you.
Speaker 6: And I talked, okay, okay, go ahead, Sandy.
Speaker 19: So here's here's the story up to date. Provid I said I can't get the best way to come out, La la la, these uh, these solar panels need to be repaired.
Speaker 21: The squirrels got to them.
Speaker 19: So Mark Mark talk to his boss and they finally came out and they did. They found that they had a general contractor come out. Yep, your roof needs to be redone.
Speaker 16: So wait, wait, wait those airrel Yeah, they found hail damage.
Speaker 2: That's related to the damage.
Speaker 19: Hail damage on my roof. Okay, Mark and Brett took my solar panels and critter guards off so they could redo the roof. They repaired what they could, and I understand that. I'm I'm I'm responsible for anything that the squirrel did on those panels.
Speaker 10: It's in my policy.
Speaker 2: So I bought from Marandy. I'm sorry everybody, everybody involved in this. Right now, I've got to understand something basic. You first said they approved six thousand or three thousand. Did your insurance companies say yes to that?
Speaker 19: Okay, that my insurance company pay is paying for I'm got to check. Yet, they're paying for the roof and for the the panels to be taken off and.
Speaker 21: Put back on.
Speaker 2: So all they're doing is the hail claim. It has nothing to do with the squirrels.
Speaker 16: Correct, And I actually read Sandy's insurance policy and it does exclude rodent.
Speaker 2: That's fine. But if she has here, here's what I'm doing. I'm just getting ready to pull my hair out here. Hold on, I'm going to put her on hold. So I'm just going to talk to you, Dimitri. So the only thing they're going to pay is the hail claim. That's correct, okay, but on her roof as solar panels, and there was some kind of critter guard regardless.
Speaker 16: So in addition to the to the hill claim, the insurance company paid to remove the solar of course they did, and they'll also paid to reinstall them. However, they decline to cover the rodent damage.
Speaker 2: Perfect, now hold but now hold on, Sandy? Is that is that everything? They're just not paying for that part.
Speaker 20: Right, And they're claiming and how I don't care.
Speaker 2: What they're claiming. They're just not paying to reinstall chicken wire? Is that correct.
Speaker 6: As not paying for the damage the squirrels.
Speaker 2: Caused the damage to the solar panels. Yes, but that's in the policy, you said.
Speaker 16: Yes, And Sandy said in her last email to me, she said that the total damage now between the replacement and repairs comes through like thirteen and a half thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: I believe that's her claim.
Speaker 10: Right, Sandy, I don't have the exact number.
Speaker 2: I gotta take a break. I'm going to talk to her offline because I've got audiences out there driving into trees at this point. If I don't understand what she's saying, my god, who who does? I honestly don't get it, Sandy. I'm going to talk to you after I do these live spots. But here's the bottom line. Here's what I need to know. I mean, what are we going after? Are we going after Safeco? Am I going after pro Bit? Who do I call to solve this problem? If it says squirrel damage isn't covered, the insurance company's not gonna pay it, Dmitri, it says.
Speaker 6: That, right, I read that in the policy.
Speaker 2: So then why does she think that we're gonna be able to get safecoat to pay for that?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure.
Speaker 16: I'm really frankly, I'm it would be great to get Sandy to kind of encapsulate the reason for today's fall.
Speaker 11: Ye do that?
Speaker 2: Sandy? Please put together your thoughts on exactly why you're calling. If Dmitri already read the policy and pointed out that critter damage isn't covered. What is today's call for? I simply don't understand.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: A fine three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We do have one line open. By the way, I want to tell you about eight eight heating dot Com. These guys are absolutely a wonderful company. You have any problems with that furnace right now, because we're going into a cold stretch, I want you to call eight eight eight heating dot com. These guys come out. They're not going to try to force you into buying a new unit. If you have an older unit. They literally will give you options on what to fix. They'll give you all the options. That's what I love about them. I've known Garrett personally for ten fifteen years. I've been talking about him at least that long. It's just a great company. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com. You want to know who to call when something breaks, just give him a call. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com. And if you have a bit on a furnace out there, if someone gave you a bit, I bet they'll beat it. If you have them out, they'll give you a free second opinion, and I bet they beat it. You'll save some money. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Now I'm going to go back to Sandy and hopefully just work through this real quick. She had a problem. There was no coverage, but she had hail damage, Sandy, So what can we do for you today? Who should I call to try to get this right?
Speaker 19: Okay? The issue that I had with the k Meetria in the past has nothing to do with what's going on today. It also has nothing to do with squirrels. It's the fact that the hail repped the cridit guards and so Mark and Brett put new ones on, and the insurance companies claiming that they could have been reused and Mark and Brett say no way, they were ruined.
Speaker 2: Okay, can we get Matt from Paragon on hold? On a second, I'm gonna put you on hold. Sandy, now I know who to ask about this. I would assume and tell me if I'm crazy, I said this to her already, I would call Matt with Paragon. Did I not say that? Or did I?
Speaker 6: You certainly did.
Speaker 2: So let's get mad on and get his first blush at Sandy's situation. I don't understand when they say reused. Do we ever look at any pictures of this? Dmitri?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I have photos of the credit guard? If Sandy, how much will it cost? How much did it cost you to replace and reinstall the credit guards?
Speaker 19: Twelve hundred?
Speaker 2: All right, so it's an additional twelve hundred. I mean that's a lot of Honestly, it's a lot of work for that twelve hundred. Did you pay pro bid that money?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 19: I haven't gotten a check from the insurance, so I haven't paid anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, who did the actual roof? Did I understand that pro bid removed the solar panels? Who the roof?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 19: Shoot, I can't remember. It's three it's one that mark recommended.
Speaker 2: Did they get paid already? Yes, okay, so everybody's been paid except for pro bid in the twelve hundred dollars for the career guard. All right, I understand hold on three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. We're gonna we're gonna get that figured out. We're gonna see if we can get mad on. Matt's a public adjuster. Basically, once an insurance company says you have damage and they agree to fault and they they kind of approve your claim. I'm not talking about a dollar amount now, but basically say yes, we're gonna go ahead and pay for it. Then the next step is how much they're gonna give you. If they don't give you the amount that you want. In fact, I'm gonna bring doctor Joel in on this real quick, Doctor Joel in a previous lifetime. In fact, I don't know if you still own that company, but you have done public adjusting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I still have a public adjusting license.
Speaker 2: You still do, so listen to this, Sandy. Yeah, well you've been listening to this call. But the bottom line is the insurance company, Safego approved the roof, okay, and they had solar panels, they had to remove the solar panels. They paid for that. Around the solar panels. Whoever installed the solar panels in the first place put up, for lack of a better word, chicken wire around them so the critters couldn't get up there and chew all the solar panel wiring. Follow So they paid for the roof, they paid for the removal of the solar panels, and they paid for the solar panels being back on. They're saying the company that did that could have reused the same chicken wire. That company saying, there's no way. They're saying, look at it, it's totally destroyed. There's nothing we're going to be able to repair with this. I would say, if a public adjuster got involved, I can't imagine they wouldn't pay this additional twelve hundred. I mean, I've never heard that. I've heard of it. With gutters, you could have reused those, But anytime our public adjusters have fought them pretty much, you can't reuse them. They get dented, they get messed up. I mean, it's just a part of doing that. So what's your first opinion on this, Well, my.
Speaker 7: First opinion is that the the the rodent protectors. Is that what we're going to call them the.
Speaker 2: Chicken wire they call them critter guards.
Speaker 7: That the critter guards when they were when that was removed as part of the whole roof removal. Uh, that that should be replaced if it can't be reused period.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And so the insurance company is saying, no, we're not going to pay it. That contractor should have reused it.
Speaker 7: Well, they just need to take pictures of it and send it to the insurance company.
Speaker 2: And they're claiming they did, Sandy, am I correct in that mark over it? They've got them, they have pictures, they.
Speaker 7: Have everything, and they're saying there can they can be And why is the contractor saying that they can't be reused?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good question.
Speaker 7: Are they just too damaged?
Speaker 2: Sandy? Why what if they were damaged?
Speaker 19: They were damaged by by hail? They were damaged, Sandy.
Speaker 2: I can't, I can't enter into an argument that hail damaged chicken wire. How did they how did hal damaged chicken wire?
Speaker 19: Invented vent it out?
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, I mean if that's the case, then they should cover it. They should cover it now when they don't cover something like this, but they already said, yes, we're going to accept the claim.
Speaker 7: Your next step is what hire a public adjust.
Speaker 2: Hire a public adjuster, Okay, and they get paid. Here's the problem though, Doc, Look, I know you own that business, but I'm going to tell everybody out there there's one problem with I mean good public adjusters. There's bad ones, but you're a good one. Matt's a good one. I'm talking about good ones. My goodness, twelve hundred bucks. What does that claim mean to you? That means what one hundred and twenty dollars?
Speaker 22: Right?
Speaker 2: Think about that? One hundred and twenty dollars to deal with an insurance company for how many hours? Think about this over twelve hundred.
Speaker 7: Bucks worth the time?
Speaker 2: Not worth the time. You'll lose money, I would argue, it's the you would literally lose money. And that's the problem.
Speaker 7: That's, unfortunately why they deny a lot of even entire roof clams.
Speaker 2: So, Sandy, what safe Co is doing is basically just putting the screws to you because they know you're not going to be able to get a public adjuster unless if it was simply done out of the kindness of their heart. Because it's going to cost them more money to actually deal with this. They generally make ten percent, maybe twenty percent. But you're still talking driving out to your house meeting with the adjuster. I mean you're talking hours upon hours. So honestly, I think it's going to come out of your pocket. I really do well.
Speaker 7: She can keep asking to speak to a supervisor, keep pushing the issue with them. Sometimes I got an idea.
Speaker 2: I got an idea, Kelly, do me a favor. Let's get Brian on with Compass Insurance, hold on Sandy. I got one more. I got someone that can make a direct call the claims department, the back line for insurance suggestions from or to Safeco. I want to ask Brian or one of those guys about it. Maybe just the right person on her behalf, without having to enter into an agreement, can make a call. You think that's possible.
Speaker 7: I would recommend something else. I would recommend that you file a complaint with the Department of Insurance at Dora. We're going to talk about because then they have to respond.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about that whole one.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance checkup free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three O three seven one three A two five five uh three oh three Martino, We're gonna be diving into stuff next hour. But we've got a lot going on. I got some news on Clayton and that roofing. I'm sure it is that company. It is Robinhood Roofing. And the website is I think, uh, what was it Robinhood Roofs dot com or roof I forget, it's one of the two. And then that's it. They have the actual business card and let me just I want to I do want to clean this up right now. Clayton. On that business card, it's Robinhood Roofing. And then the guy's name is Dave. Is that correct?
Speaker 5: Correct?
Speaker 2: And that's the phone number you gave to Kelly, right, and what is what is that phone number for robin Hood roofing. I'm getting it right now, Yeah, get it, have her get it, because here's what I want. I want our listeners to get them a call, honest to goodness, I do. I want you to be nice. But these people, in my opinion, got totally screwed. The roof looks old. We're going to have one of our inspectors go out. But Kelly tried to reach over there. A lot of times callers call up and they don't know what they're talking about. But according to Clayton, there was never a permit pulled. There was never one on the side of his house. On top of that, when they were done with the roof, some of the roof was curling up and it just looks old, right, Clayton correct. And then here's the crazy part. When he asked about it, they said, all that shingle's made to look old, and you're not kidding this guy. Dave actually said that, yeah. And then the siding that they had to take off to do part of the roof, they only put basically a two by four or two by six up and they didn't even paint it, and now they won't do anything about it. I just want everybody to hear it from you. Yeah or nay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what they did.
Speaker 2: And what's that phone number for these guys at Robin Hood Roofing, Because I'll tell you what, Robin Hood Roofing, I'm gonna start doing commercials for you all the time. If you're not going to get dis handled, we're going to send an expert out, so hopefully we hear from you. And why you would hang up on Kelly four times? I can't even imagine. She didn't even say what she was calling about. Maybe they're used to it, Maybe they're used to people calling up with issues. What is that phone number?
Speaker 14: Seven two zero.
Speaker 21: Seven two zero seven zero four nine three four or five?
Speaker 2: And Kelly, that is the number we called, right?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 2: Seven two zero seven oh four nine three four five?
Speaker 7: Correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kelly just said correct, yep. And I'll tell you what. Hold on, guys, we're going to free you up, make sure we have all their information, and we're gonna get him with our folks over at Petrolley Roofing. As soon as the snow's gone, they're gonna get over there and look at this roof. We're going to try to figure out what's going on. We're gonna see if the shingles are old or sad, or if the job was done lousy. We're going to figure out why they sold them shingles that, according to Dave over there, robin hood roofing are supposed to look old. It's so weird even saying that, I mean, Dmitri, is that not the dumbest thing you've ever heard?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You know, I've heard of decorating your house to have that lived in look. Yeah, But putting on a roof that looks like a used roof, yes, new to me.
Speaker 2: It's like putting on a sweatshirt with a spaghetti stain on it. And for these jerks to actually say it is amazing. You know what, robin hood roofing. In my opinion, according to all the information I have, and we tried to reach out to you listen to this, not once, not twice, not three times, but four times, robin hood roofing. We wanted to reach out just to see what you had to say about it. All you do is hang up. That's all you do is hang up. It wasn't even on air. We don't call people on air unless they want to come on air. Once again, Robin Hood Roofing, please do me a favor. Be nice. All the YouTube people out there that listen, please be nice. Call up say what is going on? Did you really sell a shingle that's supposed to make their house look old? Is that real? Or or is the caller crazy? Ask them? And why won't you do anything about it? Seven to zero seven zero four nine three four five seven two zero seven oh four nine three four five Robin Hood Roofing, Dave. That's that's right. All from the business card that's on the business card. That's Clayton's holding in his hand. It's unbelievable. We got Brian Burns, Brian Burns, Compass Insurance, Brian. Thanks. I got in a little bit of a rant there. We got this roofer. We got this Robin Hood roofer out there driving me crazy. But listen, this one's driving me crazy too. Sad. He's got a problem. Safeco Safego. And you know how I feel about Safeco lately, because I just went all through this. They came out denied my claim. Now they're paying it. But I had to get Matt involved. Here's the bottom line. They approved the roof with the hail damage anslar panels. They approved removing and replacing the solar panels. But the bottom line, and I mean this, Brian, is the bottom line is.
Speaker 11: There not go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 23: Rips so you don't have run as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 2: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 18: Oh no, Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: The only show of It's kind of here to self problems, answer questions, take complaints. I guess part of the goal in life is to rile me up no matter what. I can't stand bad contractors and I'm getting sick and tired of it. The newest one on my crap list is this Robin Hood Roofing. I'm just steaming about it. You know, this poor guy they call them up back in July they get a new roof. The roof looks like crap. Apparently when you look at it and we're sending an expert out there, you know, it just looks like crap. It's kind of curved up, like the shingles are misformed and the whole thing looks bad. Are expert's going to take pictures and report back to that soon. But the bottom line is this, these guys won't even talk to the consumer anymore. We tried to reach out for their side of the story off air, of course, four times, four different times. We tried to reach out to Dave at Robin Hood Roofing, and basically, I'm finally giving on their phone number out and I'll tell you why, because I need them to know that people out there like doing live reviews, so I would like people to give them a live review based upon the information from the caller. And the information is pretty wild because the bottom line is when he brought up how come that's curled. And this is according to the caller, how come the roof looks old? You know what Dave told him? According to Clayton, this part's amazing. He said, it's supposed to look old. That kind of shingle's supposed to look coltro Mark, Yeah, retroroofing dot com. These jerks, I mean, really unbelievable. I can't believe this guy Dave would say that to one of his customers at Robinhood Roofing. Dave, I want you to call in, my God, just call in right now. Three zho three Martino, Dave, call in, I bet by added every stretch. You're listening right now. In fact, I have no doubt you're listening right now. Why don't you Why don't you grow a set and call up and explain to him, or just explain to me. Explain to me what kind of asphalt shingle you purchase that's supposed to look old? I really want to know, because I can't find a roof for anybody that's ever heard of it. Robinhood Roofing Dave seven two zero seven oh four nine three four five. It's the most absurd thing I think I've heard. Well, definitely this year. I mean, really, I've heard a lot of stuff. I've heard, Hey, the job didn't do good. I've heard everything in the world, but I have never heard anybody say once again. It's like going to Macy's and buying a beautiful new sweater and there's spaghetti sauce on it, and the person at macy says, oh, it's supposed to have spaghetti sauce on it.
Speaker 3: It's beyond the beyonds mark.
Speaker 2: It's beyond the beyonds now. I got to go to Brian Burns. Brian Burns, he's on a referral list Compass Insurance. Brian, I got you on for of course, a totally different call. But here's the bottom line. Happy New Year, sir. How you been doing, man?
Speaker 20: Happy New Year's you guys as well. Oh, I was just hearing about this really cool designer sweater you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the designer roof. Can you imagine you pay eighteen thousand dollars for a roof and when it looks like crap, they tell you, oh, it's designed to look that way.
Speaker 20: It's like those jeans that have a hole in that.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, Suzanne. But okay, encourage a little side notes Suzanne potted a pair of Jeens years ago that had holes in them. They were like one hundred and fifty bucks. I almost fainted. So, but here's the deal. I want to ask you something. Safeco safe Co is refusing to pay for these critter guards. I think I kind of explained it, but I got to recap because it's a new hour. But bottom line is she had roof damage. They agreed they would pay for the hail damage. They agreed to pay for the solar panels to be removed and replaced. There was some kind of chicken wire or critter guard around the solar panels. Everything got put back together. The contract said, we can't use these old this old chicken wire. It's almost like a gutter that's been beat up. We've got to get new ones. We're only talking twelve hundred bucks, but safe Co is refusing to pay for that last part of the claim. We can talk about public adjusters, and we were talking to doctor Joel that's also in that business. But the bottom line is, for twelve hundred dollars claim, a public adjuster would be crazy to get involved because it's like one hundred dollars. They're going to have to go out there two three times. Just no one would do that in their right mind. So, Brian, what do you do in a case like that? Doctor Joel said to righte Dora, and they're going to have to answer the complaint. But I was wondering if you could make a call on her behalf to Safeco, because I know you've done that for the show a bunch, and see if you can't get them to pay the last twelve hundred dollars. It's almost like they just they're being jerks.
Speaker 20: Out of TRIOSTI just I had asked if this was the case.
Speaker 5: Is this our?
Speaker 20: Is this a customer of Compass?
Speaker 2: Sandy? Who did you get safe go through?
Speaker 21: It's Trailstone?
Speaker 20: Okay?
Speaker 2: No, now hold on, No. Brian brought up a great point there that I don't even know if he brought up. So when you call up who is it Trailstone?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Trailstone?
Speaker 2: Why aren't they fighting for you? Should they be? Oh my god?
Speaker 20: Here's the point is I won't have access to it. I don't mind calling them, but they won't legally be able to have a conversation with me about her policy unless you wants to sign something giving them permission but her agent should be able to call and at least get more details about what the rationale is here. What is it they're saying.
Speaker 2: They're saying they can know. I'll tell you what they're saying. They're saying the contractors should reuse the old chicken wire.
Speaker 20: But if the contractor is able to provide proof that that's no longer possible.
Speaker 2: They have, and they still refuse. They sent pictures, They've done everything, and they still refuse. And here's what I hate about this call. We're going on a year without getting this handled. I just want to get it handled. But Brian, let me revisit with Sandy real quick. Sandy, when you call up Timberline or whoever you what's the name of it again, your insurance people, Trailstone, Trailstone. Have you told them, hey, you help me get paid or anything?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 19: I just didn't know that that was a route.
Speaker 2: Well, my god, why okay? Why do you use Trailstone.
Speaker 19: So they could find me a good insurance policy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna well, now hold on, Sandy, I'm gonna ask you, Brian, honest to god, how many times do you help your clients with Safeco or the other thirty plus companies you guys represent.
Speaker 20: Yeah, no, we get involved all the time with claims. It's not that we have decision making power, but we can put pressure on or at least understand what's going on and be able to have some kind of rational conversation.
Speaker 2: So, Sandy, I mean your people, maybe maybe it's not Trailstone's issue because you've never even called Is that what you're saying, Yeah, I haven't. Oh my god. Okay, here's what I want you to do before anything. Here's the three steps I want to take. Number One, you're going to call it Trailstone. Talk to your your agent and say here, this is what's going on, and honestly, the way you explained it to me, they're not going to understand a damn thing. You tell them, just like this, I have this claim number here. They did the roof, they did the solar panels back on. They're refusing to pay the contractor for the critter guard. The contractor says you cannot reuse it. Here's the pictures of it. Just keep it that simple, don't get into anything else whatsoever, and tell them I need your help and see what they can do if they can't pull it off. Step Number two is, honestly, I want you to switch over to Brian and he'll probably pull it off with Safego. I hate to put you on the spot, Brian, but twelve hundred dollars on an eighteen hundred dollar claim and they have pictures and everything. I think they're just being they're just playing hardball. They know they should be paying this. I don't even understand the argument, and I can honestly say that because Safego tried to screw me last year, so I don't mind saying it whatsoever.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: The third would be exactly what doctor Joel says. You write to Dora and say I can't even get a response for this people, Doctor Joel charedact please explain that one more time.
Speaker 7: The Department of Insurance is regulated by Dora. Yep, so I'm not sure exactly. You have to navigate through the DORAS website to find how you complain against the complaint to the Department of Insurance. Well, Brian might actually know, but yeah, he probably does. But all you do is you file that complaint, explain what's going on in detail, and they're forced and they have to have somebody responding. Oftentimes the person that does respond is a supervisor or somebody higher up because they don't want to get in trouble with Dora, And a lot of times if the claim is legitimate, they'll pay it at that point.
Speaker 2: So listen, this is exactly what I do. Try to go through your agent first, Sandy. I figured you already did that. I mean, I really did. I don't know why we have missed that for over a year's period dealing with this, So I want you to do that soon as we hang up. And then basically I want you to file that complaint with Dora if they can't, if your insurance agent give them a few days doesn't do anything, and then after that then we can go to the route of switching and going to Brian Burns's Encompass Insurance, who I have personally used for ten fifteen years. When's the last time how long have you had Safego?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 19: I don't know a long time.
Speaker 2: When's the last time I want to ask you this for everybody else out listening, when's the last time someone at Trailstone reached out to you and said, Hey, I found a cheaper coverage or better coverage through a different company instead of Safego.
Speaker 19: They're in touch with me every year. Okay, I'm finding the best.
Speaker 2: Very glad to hear that, because a lot of agents don't and the people Accompass do that for me every year for all mine. So are we on the same page? And then I want you to get back with Deputy Dimitri and hopefully we put a close to this because the twelve hundred bucks is twelve hundred bucks. We need to get this handled. I believe you're one hundred percent in the right, Brian. Would you agree If everything she's say in is gospel, this should be a no brainer and they should be paying it.
Speaker 20: I do agree, And I will tell you one other alternative, you know, please or instead of would be the appraisal process. Oh there, you know you can always go through the appraisal process where you are sending it to a umpire who will ultimately make a decision.
Speaker 2: And that's what I did.
Speaker 20: It's a pretty common sense saying you're you're gonna get it on your side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but once again we're talking twelve hundred bucks. How much does that cost a consumer?
Speaker 20: Very little, because you all you have to do is you pay for your professional but in this case, it's for rufer. Yeah, and then and then the umpire you split the cost, which is pretty cheap, and then they decide it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just went through that with Safeco. Literally, yeah. Whatever, I'm not gonna dive into that. Hey, I appreciate it. That's Brian Burns Compass Insurance. By the way, just call these guys up. If you haven't shopped insurance. I don't care. If you have all state State Farms, Safego, Progressive, I don't care. If it's a corporate policy like garage keepers for a shop, I don't care what it is. The bottom line is these guys do the best for insurance, and if you have the best already, they're gonna tell you they're honest people. Check them out at compassinsurance dot com. Let's free up Sandy. Monica's got a problem with a neighbor. Joshua, you're gonna be up next. You've been holding the longest. And then Jen's got an issue with his septic tank. All that and a lot more coming right up.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check cup free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Genesis Total Exteriors. Mark Simanski's the owner. I'm gonna tell you something about him. He had his painter come out. As painter's been with him like twenty years. He hates when I do this because they do everything. They do siding and windows, he does, roofs, they do a lot of stuff, anything exterior he does. In fact, his stucco business is absolutely off the charts. His stucco pricing is great. They can even go over whatever you currently have on for the most part and make your house with brand new at a very reasonable price. They can help with insurance companies. But his painter, let me get back to that. My goodness, they painted our house the exterior five years ago. That thing still looks like they painted it yesterday. They helped with They helped Suzanne with the colors. It's just the best paint job. The pricing was great. If you need that house painted, you need anything with the exterior, I want you to check out genesistotalexteriors dot com, genesistotal Exteriors dot com or just google it marks the owner Great guys now three oh three seven one three A two five five. I have one line open. Joshuasben Holding forever Joshua. First of all, I really do appreciate you holding. You've got props to a contractor. Who is it?
Speaker 24: Yeah, it is a pino from a company called Pursuit of Excellence.
Speaker 2: Pursuit of Excellence and what do they do?
Speaker 24: Yeah, So he started out as a framer and then in the Southeast built show decks and he's a framer up here in Colorado Springs and he is breaking into the general contracting world. We had a dishwasher flood and completely flutter house, so we decided I had to completely.
Speaker 5: Gut the house.
Speaker 2: And he did everything.
Speaker 13: He did new.
Speaker 24: Floors, new stairs, built hims, Wayne Scotting.
Speaker 2: Wow, and he just did a great job.
Speaker 8: Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I want you to do? Do me a favor. I leave your info with Kelly, and I'm gonna have Daphne contact him about referral list. All right, So I appreciate you telling him that, but I mean he's licensed, and I know you had a good deal with him, But I mean, is there any bad reviews on him? I mean, how's he look online?
Speaker 5: He looked great online.
Speaker 24: He just built a new website and half my house is actually on it. Because he used to be a framer for somebody that was on your referral list. Oh, that individual moved to Florida, so he broke in. Who was general contracting folks rob from Affordable Views.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's going back away, all right, Hold tight, man, give that information. Kelly. Just email me that information and we'll see how it works out. You know, on referral list dot Com, we do criminal background checks. We have them sign our code of ethics. Doctor Joel, you're on there. You know that we've done all that. That's why referral list dot Com. Not only is it the original list, but it's the best. I'm gonna go with Monica next, because you've been holding the longest. But I got to talk to doctor Joel. I told everybody if you missed it, By the way, go to YouTube dot com type in Troubleshooter Network. You can hear and see us during the breaks. It's a great way to watch and listen to the show a little more participation. It's kind of cool. But doc I got on. Try Zeppis. I told you, I'm going to struggle with that for the rest of my life. Try zeppetide urszepetide urszepetite.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 2: Last Wednesday, my wife's sitting next to me. She'll tell you I've literally dropped twelve pounds in six days. We've kind of talked about this. It's an incredible drug for the main reason and for everybody out there. Basically, I started around two hundred and twenty five. Last Wednesday, I weighed myself that day. Now I'm down under two fifteen, and the bottom line is it's about twelve and a half thirteen pounds in six days.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are going to say that's water weight or whatever. But one of the things I have always done is I usually don't eat breakfast and stuff, but I'm always hungry. I'm constantly thinking of food. In fact, Dragon told me that one time Dragon lost a ton of eight years ago, and he's kept it off, but he thinks about food a lot, just like all of us. I don't think about that candy bar. That's really what this drug does, doesn't it. It literally makes you not think of food somehow. And then the other thing it does, it makes me feel full even after I eat. Like last night, I had what was that, maybe a quarter pound of chicken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit of chicken is all you had? The night before that, you had two little sliders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two sliders, no bunter or anything, just the actual meat. But think about that, and I feel full afterwards. Unlike any other diet. I've ever done a crash diet where I'm doing no carbs for a month and I can drop weight pretty quick. But I wanted to try this. Generally, when I'm on a diet, all I'm thinking about is food. The difference between any diet I have ever done, whether it's no carb. I had a diet years ago, she laughs about, go ahead.
Speaker 14: What was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, your banana and beer?
Speaker 2: All I had.
Speaker 3: Diet.
Speaker 2: All I had was one michelobe each day, one michelob ultra in bananas, and I dropped twenty pounds in a month. I mean, you know why, because there's no calorie intake. But here's the bottom line. I can't believe I just admitted to my homemade diet of bananas and beer.
Speaker 3: It's gonna go viral.
Speaker 2: Mark God, it worked too. It was crazy. I'm not suggesting that for people out there. That was many years ago. So anyhow, DOC the difference between anything else, I don't think of food. It's remarkable, yep.
Speaker 7: And that's what most patients experience. It's because your body is literally being told that you have enough, that you're fool and that you don't eat to eat anymore. You don't think about food. People that have food cravings that you know, you've heard the term angry. Yeah, it really it helps with that. It cures hanger and you know, it's been shown. I'm looking at some statistics here. Thirty three percent of people lost more than twenty percent of their body weight.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. Yeah, and these kind of drugs through you guys at Denver Region. I mean, I know what I pay, and I have the I'm not even gonna say it anymore, but basically, these these kind of plans start at what three ninety five.
Speaker 7: For terms zeppotide we're four seventy five for the other one, so magnetize, and that's generally what people use. The same drug that's in ozempic's sozepic.
Speaker 2: And how much does that start at, So.
Speaker 7: We're two ninety five for that. That's what most of our patients start with. Ye uh, And most of our patients are fine with that. If they're not, then oftentimes we'll move them up to terms epetite, which is a stronger medication. You started with that, which may be a reason why you've had such dramatic weight losses.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely unbelievable. And here's how it works, you guys. One of your MD's called me up and basically we talk on the phone. I fill out a questionnaire and basically get the prescription. Next thing I know, the next day, FedEx shows up and the meds come. They're like refrigerated, They come with the needles, they come with everything you need and a full video instruction and there's nothing to it. I was a little afraid. I've never given myself a shot. I can't even it's not like a flu shot. I don't even feel it. Basically, you put the needle in just like you see on TV, you pull it up to whatever the setting is, five to eight, whatever it is, and then you just find a little fat on your belly, next to your belly button, and you just put the needle in and you put it in.
Speaker 20: That's it.
Speaker 2: There's nothing else to do it.
Speaker 7: It's like a mosquito bite.
Speaker 2: I don't even think it's like a mosquito bite, honestly. I mean it's like nothing.
Speaker 7: No, it's like a lot of people don't feel it.
Speaker 2: I had no irritation. I had nothing. You know, I'm big on reading side effects and the side effects, maybe a little irritation next to it. I had nothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I couldn't even tell I did.
Speaker 7: It's just an insulin. You know, it's really small.
Speaker 2: It's so tiny, the needle is so tiny. You just don't feel it. I don't want people to think, oh, you're trying to find a vein and you're doing It's nothing like that.
Speaker 7: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: It's a remarkable drug. Anybody out there. And who asked this last time? Was it you, Dimitri? That last fifty pounds?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was actually asking you about the last twenty pounds.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 16: The first, however much I lost, was really easy and I'm not on that medication that you guys are just disgusting. But it's the really it's the most stubborn fat that's around the belt line. And then it's also the most dangerous, isn't it, Because it's called visceral or man right, and it it's somehow harmful to my internal organ well.
Speaker 7: Visceral fat. Higher visceral fat percentage is associated with an increased mortality. There's just a correlation, and that's bad, right, Yes, being dead is not good. But what I would want to mention is that in our clinic, we have a lot of our patients who come to us with that very problem. They can't get rid of the.
Speaker 2: Last you know, they plateau.
Speaker 7: Ten to twenty pounds that they need to lose.
Speaker 16: And Joe and I haven't asked that question all these years because I assume that that medication is for like morbidly obest people.
Speaker 6: I didn't realize that I'm pretty close to normal.
Speaker 16: I didn't realize I could benefit maybe from it from to the same extent that you're more challenging.
Speaker 7: And what you're talking about is for the insurance carriers to cover it, you need to fit criteria that would classify you as MORBIDLEO.
Speaker 2: But if you're if you're paying cash and honestly you wondering.
Speaker 7: How I'm let me mention the caveat. Our team is still going to go through the process of medically screening you to make sure that you're appropriate you have to, and that there's not going to be any dangerous side effects and that the benefits are going to outweigh the risks of taking the medication. Like any medicas, guys.
Speaker 2: I have to break here. I hate to interrupt it, but that's Denver Regen dot com. Really just go check them out right there, call them up there, great people. I'm going to let everybody just constantly know how my journey's going well. Hold on uh Janmonica one line open three oh three seven one three eight, two five five.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 11: When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seventy one three eight two five five three oh three, Martino, you've been ripped off or taking advantage of We want to hear from you. By the way, just really quick on hop to the phones. We were talking doctor Joelan myself. I was telling her, you know, people spend that two hundred and ninety five bucks a month for that weight loss, and I can't talk about it more. It is working so well for me. In six days, I'm over ten twelve pounds down, and more importantly, I simply just don't I feel full, and I don't by any means think of food. It's really incredible, unlike any other diet where you might be sticking to it, but all you're thinking about is whatever you like eating pizza, sweets, whatever it is. But I'm actually saving money on this diet, you know how, even though I'm paying you guys four hundred and seventy five bucks a month, okay, or two ninety five whatever it is, depending on the medication. Here's the deal. You know how I'm saving money? Doc, How's that we eat out all the time. I'm not kidding, Susanna and I eat out, you know, since the kids have been gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, empty nest life five, five, six.
Speaker 2: Times a week, maybe seven, to be quite honest.
Speaker 7: Sometimes, Yeah, you're saving more money than you.
Speaker 2: I'm saving way more money. I mean the average dinner maybe I don't know, sixty bucks. I mean, think about that. That's two hundred and fifty to three hundred dollars a week, and we're not doing it. If we do go out now, the bill would be half because I'll just eat a little off her plate. I would never order my own dinner right now.
Speaker 3: Now, I can go do some extra shopping, Mark.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, that that whole part's getting mixed. Well, that's a great point, Mark, that I'm mixing her whole shopping park, I think.
Speaker 7: So yeah, can you.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine it's like when your wife comes back saving money and says, hey, it was on sale four hundred dollars. Dress was on sale for two hundred. I saved you two hundred, Yes, exactly. Okay, So who's been holding the longest Monica? First of all, I appreciate you holding three zho three Martino. What's going on with your neighbor? We have had some neighbor calls over the years that are incredible. What's going on with yours?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 21: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I can hear you.
Speaker 25: Monica, Okay, I'm driving to my apology.
Speaker 2: Well be careful it on speakerphone. If you can go ahead, Yes, yes, I will.
Speaker 25: It has been quite a journey, to say the least. I have lived in my condos for almost three years, and for the past year I have had issues with my neighbor. But it comes down to the fact that she has been renovating her home and doing it sort of, you know, by herself, or hiring contractors who don't always speak English, so it's difficult to even communicate with them as an outsider. And she's done some things that has caused water to come through my feelings. Lord, she lives on the top and I have I have two water claims and then a liability claim that she has put onto my insurance. She refuses to take accountability and we have we have an HR way and that there's some language, Monica sepregation.
Speaker 2: Monica, hold on one second. I want to understand a few things. So she did some work. Whatever that work was, who knows, but she was messing around with water lines or something and it started leaking. It comes through your roof, correct or your ceiling? Your ceiling, yes, So then you call up your insurance company, is that correct? Or do you go talk to her?
Speaker 25: I talked to her and she refused to go through her insurance, so I had to.
Speaker 2: So you went through your own insurance, yes, and your own insurance. Are you having an issue? That's exactly what you should be doing in this case. So do you have an issue with your own insurance company not paying.
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 25: Now they have handled the water planes, but now I'm being dropped by them because of how many I've had to do because of her negligence up stating.
Speaker 2: That's very interesting actually.
Speaker 25: And they haven't been and they haven't been able to subrogate because there's some language in the HIA documentation that prevents that, which is really crazy to me.
Speaker 2: Now what would that what would that language be? Don't get that?
Speaker 25: Essentially, it prevents subrogation, So it prevents my insurance company from being able.
Speaker 2: To go after in your HOA documents, have you had an attorney look at that. I sure have, and the attorney literally said, your insurance company according to this, I got to get Brad O'Brien on. I've never heard of anything like this.
Speaker 16: I heard this a couple of weeks ago for the first time, and I'm wondering, why don't we all have an anti subrogation clause in our personal life so that our insurance companies can't somebody can't go trying.
Speaker 2: We've got too great hold on Monica. You've been holding a long time. But I want to get Brad O'Brien on. That's that's a very interesting.
Speaker 6: Thought.
Speaker 2: So there's two things here. One, is there anything she can do because she got dropped by or an insurance because of the multiple claims from the neighbors. Does a neighbor have any liability there at all? That's an interesting question within itself. My gut says no, but I want to talk to an attorney on that. And then the other thing is how can they stop an insurance company that they do not have an agreement with? In other words, the choa does not have an agreement with insurance company number one. If insurance company number one wants to go after insurance company number two to get reimbursed or subrogate to claim. I don't understand how an choa document could stop that from happening. I just don't understand that this is gonna be good for Brad O'Brien. Everybody holds tight three oh three Martino, one line open, three oh three Martino, jen I promise your crappy situation will be up after Monica.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 11: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, folks, and we got another hour going. Listen, Monica, Kelly's gonna try again over the break to get our attorney at Brad O'Brien. It's what's really crazy, though about this, Monic, is I still don't understand how your ho WAD document, even if you agree to it, I get all that, I don't understand how that could dictate to your insurance company. They can't subrogate. I just simply don't understand that, and I need to understand that from Bradley O'Brien. And then the other issue is you could probably go ahead.
Speaker 25: Oh sorry, no, I wish, I wish I understood that as well. But when when they attempted to subrogate, because they did attempt to subrogate, you know, they were unsuccessful. And then her insurance company sent me a denial letter. And the only reasoning that they were saying she wasn't liable was because of the language in the HUAA that prevents subrogation, which is a very convenient loophole for them to not be.
Speaker 2: You know, be just about the fact that I have never heard of anything like that. Listen, we're gonna we're going to continue to try to get them. But you know who sells these policies left and right. I knew we'd need them again today, Compass. Let's get Brian back up. I want to see if he's personally run into this on policies he's sold in condos or town homes or virtually anything with an HOA. I just I don't understand. I get the denial, but I don't think that's a legitimate denial. I just don't understand it. I mean, we're going to figure that out, and we're going to figure it out quick. Hopefully we can get Brad O'Brian jen as an issue with se septic tank, a crappy situation. We'll figure that out, and then two lines open three oh three Martino, another hour to go three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five, and any questions you have on the weight loss drug that I'm on for Doctor Joel Cherdak He's Denver regi dot com. Please call in.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: You don't help, run.
Speaker 11: As just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 18: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Welcome my.
Speaker 2: Friends to the only show that's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goals to make your life a little little bit better, if not a lot better, if possible. We have recooped over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds directly due to this show. If you have a problem need help, three oh three Martino. By the way, that number works on and off the air. I try to get it out there all the time because if you're you know, at a dinner party or talking to a neighbor or a brother or sister, even if they're not from around these parts, you got to give them that number. Three oh three Martino. We try to help out everybody, and we love getting educated on the show as well, and we're gonna to do that with an attorney. In a minute, we had a caller call up Monica and her neighbor flooded her in her condo and.
Speaker 3: Multiple times, it sounds like multiple times.
Speaker 2: And she ended up turning everything into her own insurance company, and her own insurance company tried to subrogate against the neighbor. The neighbor wouldn't give up any of her insurance info, didn't want to turn it in, so she turned it into her own. When the insurance company went to subrogate, she received a denial letter, meaning the caller received a denial letter from the lady's insurance company denying the subrogation. Which all of this sounds it just doesn't sound right whatsoever, But this is what Monica, the caller's telling us. So she receives the letter saying we're rejecting the claim because of this language in the HOA. So I still don't understand how that could happen, but it brings up another question, and we're gonna ask John Fuller about it, because he deals with insurance companies all the time. And I'm also going and asked Brian Burns with Compass Insurance if he has seen condo policies that talk about subrogation in the HOA. I don't even know that makes sense, but we're going to find out or is this other insurance company and this lady just giving Monica the run around, which is what I think is going on, and she's going to need to sue them. But we're going to talk about that with an attorney and get some education on that. Meantime, I want to talk to Jen. She's got a problem with a septic tank. Jen, what's going on with you? And welcome to the show.
Speaker 25: Hey, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 21: Our septic started flooding and so we called Shirley Septic. They came out and they pumped it out, and then they said that it's actually an electrical problem going to the septic pump. So I'm wondering if you have a resferral for someone who would know about the septic pump but also the electricity.
Speaker 2: Boy, that's that's interesting. I would I would say, off the top of my head, probably Master Router. I would say Master Router Plumbing. I'm trying to think, does anybody remember if plumbline? Maybe we should ask Bob about that because I'm thinking more on the pump side. I would like, let's see if we can't get Bob on Bob logan, hold on a second. I want to get you the right company than you what the company that is looking at it now. They came out and thought there was a clog, but it's actually the pump not working and pumping properly.
Speaker 21: We don't know if the pump is working or not because they said it's the electrical going to it.
Speaker 2: So they're saying when they test that feed of power, they're getting zero right there, right or not?
Speaker 14: The fool or not the folk?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just a simple electrician needed.
Speaker 3: Then I'm texting Bob Logan right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm curious about this. And the main thing with Bob is do they work on septic systems? I know for a fact when we bought our house, they came out and inspected mine from top to bottom as part of my due diligence to basically check out the house I was buying. But whether or not, we're gonna find out. Just just hold on Jack.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 21: One other thing is we are in Conifer.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they go to Conifer, don't they. We'll ask them that too. I think they do Conifers. Not how far are you from Denver?
Speaker 3: It's like by isn't that by Evergreen?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty sure they go up there. Well, just just hold on.
Speaker 3: We're gonna here's the thing.
Speaker 13: Mark.
Speaker 4: Even if Plumbline doesn't do it, one of our listeners is going to have a referral for Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no doubt about it. But it's interesting. The company she called when they had a problem with su septic system, Well, they probably don't have an electrician working for him, is all. I can think. Different sectors possibly.
Speaker 16: The Elwier with the Shirley company. They they they come out and they suck out the septic systems.
Speaker 2: They just a pumper base.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what they do.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got cha.
Speaker 6: I heard their number one in the number two business.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's something. They're number one in the number two business.
Speaker 6: To meet you.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. Actually, thank you, that's pretty good.
Speaker 6: I'm going to license it to Shirley.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's crazy. Heyte you guys. While we're waiting, we're waiting for a couple experts for gen and Monica. We do have a couple of lines hoping three oh three seven, one three eight two five five Denver, the mayor, Mayor, Mike, let's just call the mayor Mike.
Speaker 6: I saw.
Speaker 2: An excerpt from him talking about he met his goal for twenty four and got two thousand people homeless people housed. Did you guys see this yesterday or two days ago? He met his goal. His goal was to do that. In fact, he did better than that. He exceeded his goal. He got like two two hundred people. Let's take that as gospel. Okay, that happened. Let's say it did happen. Now, if there's more homeless people this year in twenty twenty four, Let's just say there's six thousand homeless people in Denver and two thousand of them you got into a shelter of some sort. And by the way, they're not including immigrants in these numbers. So these numbers are just so flawed. I can't even I guess it depends where you're from if you're actually homeless when you're homeless, But that's a different story. That's just crap. That's what that is. So think about this. Let's say the number was six thousand, and he gets two thousand by the end of the year. There's six thousand homeless in Denver at the beginning of the year, he gets two thousand into homes by the end of the year. You would think logically that means now there's only four thousand homeless that aren't at least living outside there in shelters or something, right. I mean, if you do the math like that. The problem with this math is there's a lot more homeless people in Denver now at the end of the year. So if they started at six thousand, now, let's say they have nine thousand. They put two thousand into shelter, but they still have more people homeless than they did at the beginning of the year. It's the craziest argument I've ever heard from this guy. But yet somehow he reached and exceeded his goal. Am I making sense to people? There's more homeless people right now in Denver than there was at the beginning of the year. And I'm not talking about people in shelters. I'm talking about people in Denver walking around without shelter, without a home or anything. Okay, now there's more people, more people. Even if he got two homes for two thousand, there's more people. Did he do anything. I don't think he did a damn thing.
Speaker 3: Mark to play Devil's advocate.
Speaker 4: I think like he's not saying he reduced homelessness, he just housed more homeless than he thought he would be able to take.
Speaker 2: It's worse than that. He increased homelessness.
Speaker 3: Word trickery or something.
Speaker 2: It is that that's exactly what he's trying to do. Oh hey, I pulled off what I wanted to do.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 2: It's going back to like saving money. But you bought something, something's on sale, so you buy it instead of spending the two hundred, you saved the two hundred.
Speaker 16: Well Mark Mayor, the Devi mayor is clearly a glasses half full kind of a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a brain half full in my opinion. How about now he's also arguing, So the Aurora mayor, what's that or not Roffman. Everybody says he's a Republican.
Speaker 6: He's not. No, he's not.
Speaker 2: You know what he was arguing Finally with the mayor. He's saying, you've been dumping The only reason we got problems in our buildings out here with gang members is because Denver. Now he's blaming the Denver mayor, Mike. They're literally in an argument. This is all in the last couple of days. So basically he's saying, the only reason we have this big crime wave in Aurora is because you're secretly sending all these homeless people and drug members and gang members over to Aurora. And I think it's true.
Speaker 6: Oh, there's no question.
Speaker 2: But here's what I could care less about him, Kaufman. You know why when Trump was in town, he sat there and denied that there was any gang members. He denied it. He wouldn't go. If he was a Republican, he would have been at that rally. He didn't want to go. I mean, to me, both these guys are crazy. Both of them are crazy. But who's their boss. Let's think about it, who's their boss?
Speaker 16: Both of them are the people who are suffering us regular citizens and even non citizens of Denver and Aurora.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but our governor should be just ashamed of himself accepting any of these buses coming in and this homeless crisis. He should be ashamed. We passed some of the laws we did, like legalizing drugs. Now that you can go do mushrooms, I can't even imagine what's going on.
Speaker 16: Worse, We're going to get even more drug addicts to moving here from all over the country.
Speaker 2: From everywhere. It's just crazy. But for him to come out and say I met all my goals or not all my goals. I'm not going to paraphrase it, but he basically said, Hey, my goal was to house two thousand people, and I did better than that. I exceeded it with twenty two hundred, and that's a rough number. But what he's neglecting to say in that same sentence, there's more homeless now than there was. I mean, big deal, Absolutely big deal, Mike. I mean, my god, do you realize what you're saying. What a strange thing to say, What a strange thing to brag about. It just drives me nuts. Dmitri. You know, I don't like getting into politics that often, but when people look you in the face and say something so crazy like that, it's like twisting real stats. Yeah, big deal, you got two There was six thousand homeless, you got two thousand in but now there's ten thousand homeless. You did nothing to solve the homeless problem. The homeless problem is worse now than it was last year. I don't care if you housed half of them. I don't care if you house ten thousand of them, if forty thousand came in. It's just remarkable how he looks people in the face and the camera and says that he has no shame. God, he has no shame. And I don't think the guys like I don't know. He looks like a nice guy, but my god, what the hell? Anyhow, I got to take a break, and I promise we're gonna have the experts on. I got lines full now and just hang tight, you know what I wish? Can we try to get somewhat dragon? Does he ever come on with Brown or anybody? Does this? May or Mike ever come on with anybody? Of course not he doesn't, He won't come on. But you guys have reached out.
Speaker 9: Brown doesn't typically take many guests, but I know Ross hasn't, I know Mandy have, and they just especially with Polist, he ain't talking to anybody.
Speaker 2: You know what it it's a shame. These guys sucks so bad. It's a shame for you voters out there. Shame on you. They've voted for him.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: You know, I was talking to Dimitri over the break and he actually emailed Mike's office. We're talking about the mayor of Denver, and it was kind of funny what you said. But tell everybody why you emailed him. First of all, here's a guy that wants to help the homeless, right he ran on the platform of what I think.
Speaker 16: That that was as exclusively his platform was to to help all the homeless.
Speaker 2: That was That's what he ran on.
Speaker 6: I can't think of anything else he promised to do.
Speaker 16: And we had a caller that what yeah about You remember about three four weeks ago, a homeless guy who was living in a deliarated RV got arrested by an authority he didn't know for reasons.
Speaker 2: All the charges were dropped, everything was dropped.
Speaker 16: He had he had the rvmpounded, He had the rvmpound, and he gave up on ever getting it back. He couldn't afford it, but he had his tools in there. He had the several thousand dollars worth of tools that he uses to eke out a very modest living. And all we were trying to do is get access to the RV's just so he can retrieve his tools. I emailed Mike's office three times with that request, and you know, I was willing to go do it myself. I'll put on a haz math suit, I'll go into the serv I'll get the tools and say get I'm the almost guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I did not hear a peep from Mayor Johnson's office.
Speaker 16: Jo no good in my opinion, not even saying, oh, you know it's against policy, or you know, we don't have time, no nothing, just totally ignored it.
Speaker 6: And I made it clear that's a homeless guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the platform too, and he ran on so and I think he's doing a good job on the platform because it's not even arguable. We have more homeless now than we ever had before. So even under the old mayor, we have more homeless now than we've ever had before. I'm gonna say it again, Mike, who just patted his own back because he puts them in shelters or whatever he did.
Speaker 6: He sent them to Aurora.
Speaker 2: According to Kaufman, damn good point. The reason we have less is because now Aurora has them, and Kaufman, you know what, you should get on your own parties train. Brother, You're on the wrong train. You're on such the wrong train. God, it's incredible. People. Just I just don't. I couldn't get into politics. Here's the problem. I say what I'm thinking, and you just can't do that in politics. You just you got to be able to look at people and lie go. I'm helping the homeless situation, even though there's more homeless now than ever before. I'm helping because I did this. What how do you do that with a straight face? As again, I was listening to Kyle Clark last night, talked about it. You know what, I couldn't believe it. Kyle's Kyle didn't go into that part. I like his show. I don't agree with the damn thing he says. For the most part.
Speaker 3: I hate him Mark.
Speaker 2: I love to hate him, but I don't really hate him as a human. I just he's on a different side of philosophy as I am. But what it drives me crazy sometimes, like when it came to the lady that counts the votes, I forget her name. She gave out the passwords online to our voting machines. He sent off ballots to people that are here illegally. She did so many things wrong. When he talked about that, he called her out on it. But when he was talking about Kaufman last night, when he was talking about Kaufman, I don't think he said, and I could be wrong. Maybe sitting in the pass and Kyle feel free to say it tonight. But my god, there's more homeless walking the streets in Denver than ever before. So when we talk about Mike and letting them pack them, pat himself on the back, let's talk about the reality of it. There's more homeless walking around the streets in Denver than ever ever before. That's what Mike has done. Mike Johnston, mayor of Denver, that's what he's done. And let's tell it like it is. Let's not sugarcoat it. Hey Mark with Gaddy Electric, Hey Mark used to be gad you or I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Used to be no.
Speaker 2: It's still Gaddy Electric, right.
Speaker 3: Sol though he doesn't own it.
Speaker 19: Anymore.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mark, you don't own Gaddy anymore, do you?
Speaker 5: That's correct?
Speaker 2: And I got to say something, Mark, I loved it when you owned him. I don't like him now, no offense. I know it's your name and that's what sucks. You sold your name, But honestly, I don't like him. But when you own the company, you were my favorite electrician. You've done a ton of work in my house. You guys wired my barn anyhow. But you're you retired. God, I wish people. I wish good people would never retire. I mean, really, that's what I'm thinking. But Mark, you heard that call about Jen who's got a problem with the septic. She just had her pumper company come out to, you know, get rid of the pooh and get rid of everything. And bottom line is apparently there's a problem with the power going to the pump. And you called in and we called you back. What's going on.
Speaker 22: Probably they need to really have an electrician out there because a lot of that gas is he's electrical up in those cords right in the tank, and they probably need to replace the cord or that outlet that's in there. So they actually need electrician more than they need anybody that pumps or a handyman or anything.
Speaker 2: Mark. Hey, Mark, I guess I'm trying to think of like I don't understand how my system works. I mean, as far as the electric and the pump on ours? Where where is that pump generally located? Is it in the house?
Speaker 16: Is it?
Speaker 2: Where is it generally located? No?
Speaker 20: That pump is it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 22: That pump's in the bottom of the septic tank.
Speaker 2: Oh god. So not only do you have to find an electrician, you've got to find an electrician that's going to hop down into your septic tank.
Speaker 22: So you can usually pull those out by you know, you don't have to actually get in a lot of times there's a pipe in or that you can break free and bring it out and got it, prsh it down and replace the electrical and sometimes.
Speaker 2: Back in the nineties, did you guys do when you own the company, did you guys end up doing stuff like that? Probably quite a bit.
Speaker 8: Huh, Yeah, we did.
Speaker 22: The guy didn't care for it much, but just one of those that it was a service call and we would go out and take care of if somebody had.
Speaker 5: To do it.
Speaker 2: Excellent. Who would you who would you suggest Denver Metro area. Hold on a second, hold on, hold on, hold on, Hey Jen, I'm assuming you're Denver Metro. Where are Oh? No, she's Connifer. She's in Connifer, Mark in the Denver area. Mark, Yeah, who would you think?
Speaker 22: I don't know anybody up in that Denver area. Oh, but I just thought to just give you a heads up. Yeah, because that too be a problem if that starts to fill back up before they get electrician out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could get worse. Hey, Mark, I really do appreciate that, and I agree she needs an electrician like no doubt. And by the way, hey Mark, really, how's retirement real quick?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 19: Well, I'm doing real well.
Speaker 22: Got some medical problems that's come along real well with me. But at the same time, I'm trying to find my new normal. I was so busy at work and everything. It's been kind of hard to find in my new normal here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: And my dad basically hung it up. He uh, you know, he was going to go fishing every day, and he had all these plans, and you know, after three or three months he was bored off his ass and started, uh, he got into real estate. I mean, isn't that crazy? He's selling in his community. He was so bored. But anyhow, Mark, I really appreciate it, and stay in touch. I still got your cell phone. You got mine, Man, If you ever need anything personally, let me know. Three l three seven one three eight two five five. Jen, here's the bottom line. Plumb Line can definitely do that if it's the electrical problem. And I agree with what Mark saying. It probably is, so plumb Line services they do go to your area.
Speaker 3: Excellent.
Speaker 21: I'll give him a call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me know how that turns out. I didn't realize, like what I don't get. I'm hoping they don't have to go to the pump itself.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's no way a pump like that, guys would be a two twenty. That would be nuts, right. I was thinking if one leg went out, but I don't think that would be the case. But give give Plumbline a call straight up. Okay, thank you, Hey, thanks for holding so long too, Jen. Three oh three seven one three a two five five. Normous got a problem with her daughter's eviction and then Monica I got John Fuller up. She's got a problem with her neighbor. John. Please hold I've got to ask you these questions, and it's just the craziest thing. But if anybody has heard about an insurance company not being able to subrogate because of an HOA document, I want to know from you.
Speaker 11: John hold On, go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Someone had to correct me on this. Listen to this mark. You said in the K and H commercial that they were sixty five years old. Well I did some research and you're absolutely right. Emailer Sam, they're sixty eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: K H Windows Indoors has been in business for sixty eight years. They opened in nineteen fifty six. That's pretty amazing. In fact, I want to says Henry, I can't think of his last name. Henry started in nineteen fifty six. And then of course Ted Rowland, who Susanna and I. I love Ted. He's got like five hundred jumps toe. He's a skydiver, just a very interesting guy. But he retired and then Lee Diamond took over and they just do a bang up job. Think about that A com and he've been around that long. And the windows are auping Alpeen and those are the windows made right here in Colorado, mister emailer, So simple as that. Check them out khwindows dot com. That's the easiest way. I think that's exactly where I found out how long khwindows dot com. Now I've got two attorneys up, and I'm trying to think who I want to go to first. So John, do me a favor and just hang real tight, because I want to go to Brad O'Brien just on a quick HOA issue. Then I want to talk about liability with John. Two different things because I know Brad won't get into the liability. Hey Brad, this one's pretty simple, or I'm going to make it simple. So Monica is in inn hoa, She's in a condo, okay, And what happened is she was remodeling her house. The lady on top of her and I have no idea what happened, nor does she, but she had flood damage and she had ended up doing two different claims over a period of time. And the woman who lived above her would not share insurance information, basically told her to pound sand, wouldn't do anything. So she turns it into her own insurance company. Her own insurance company, according to Monica, who I'm going to bring up if you have any questions for Brad, her own insurance company basically says this and sends her a letter. And what did the letter say? Monica? Just just say say what it said again?
Speaker 19: Sure, it basically said that we are denying liability of our client. And the reasoning is and I can read it to you. Could I have it right here? Yeah, read this during our investigations. During our investigation, we found that the governing documents contain a waiver of subrogation precluding recovery against our insured and so that's why they denied the claim.
Speaker 2: So Brad, first of all, have you ever heard this before? I don't understand how one insurance company going after another insurance company for subrogation would be affected by an HOA document, But it sounds like it could very well happen.
Speaker 14: Wait, this is a response from the insurance company of the upstairs neighbor who caused the water damage. Yes, okay, so not her own insurance company, yeah.
Speaker 2: The one upstairs. So in other words, her insurance company paid for everything, and then they apparently tried to subrogate the claim, went after the other one. And then here's another part I don't understand. Monica receives that letter from that insurance company. At that point, I would assume during subrogation it's two insurance companies dealing with each other, right, Yeah.
Speaker 14: Without getting into the sebregation stuff just yet, I would have to say that primarily this is a dispute between the two unit owners. The upstairs unit owner is going to be liable for the property damage caused by flooding to the downstairs unit owner, and those are the parties to a lawsuit. If there's going to be a lawsuit, well I think there is going to be but parties.
Speaker 2: But if you ever heard of an HOA document, it's going to have any any say in the matter. When it comes to subrogation, off top of.
Speaker 14: Head, I can't recall that subrogation is in typically in a declaration of an H two A. They could be there's nothing. I don't think there's anything prohibiting it.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, then then then why wouldn't we all just have a subrogation clause in everything?
Speaker 14: Well, subrogation cause clauses are in a lot of contracts, and they basically say that if something is covered by insurance, then you can't go after the plum. Yeah, you can't go after the individual. You can't go after the other parties insurance company.
Speaker 2: So okay, it's just so different in an auto accident. And I'm going to talk to John Fuller afterwards, but I can't imagine in an auto accident having a policy where you agree not to subrogate. So you pay a two one thousand dollars deductible or a five thousand dollars deductible, whatever it is, you get the money for your Mercedes or whatever you're driving, and all of a sudden, your insurance company can't go after the other person's insurance company and you're the one left holding the bag on everything.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, keep in mind, this is not the caller's own insurance company. This is the other party's insurance company, who is not a party to the property damage.
Speaker 2: No, but I guess what I'm saying is, if she hired an attorney, Let's say she hired you, and she goes after this lady personally above. If now this lady's got to defend a lawsuit, I would assume that the insurance company would have to step up and try to defend her. Now, they might use that, they might use that hoa document as some kind of defense, but they're still going to probably have to get up there in defender.
Speaker 14: Right, Well, that's kind of irrelevant to the color because insurance companies and property damage claims are in the back. They're not the principal parties. Right, You don't sue the other party's insurance company, you don't typically know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is, if Monica actually sued, I'm going to call her. I'm going to call her bitch. If she actually sued, bitch, and then and then bitch got served and had to go to court. And I'm not kidding around. I mean, this lady wouldn't give her any information or whatever. So now she's got a notice to appear, and she's got to appear. If she does have insurance, I would assume she would call her insurance company and say, hey, you guys got to kick in my liability coverage because Monica is suing me and I just got served.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and then that starts an insurance coverage review from the other party's insurance company to see if this leak or flood is covered under the insurance.
Speaker 2: But you're saying part of the defense might be, and I know you haven't read any of these, but part of the defense if we go down that road and there is a lawsuit and there is a day in court and everybody shows up and attorneys are talking and all that good stuff you're saying, you think it would be possible that in that HOA document there would be a reason why, because Monica got paid by her own insurance company, that they could not subrogate. In other words, the HOA doctrine could actually spell out, no, you can't your insurance company can't go after the other one.
Speaker 14: Yeah. I can't speak to that because typically a SEB waiver of sebregation is in a contract between two parties.
Speaker 2: And not two insurance companies.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, That's where I keep going back to. I don't know how this outside document, this, this outside HOA document stops, for example, only all state subrogating against Safeco. I just don't understand how that would work.
Speaker 14: That's what I'm getting to. Declaration is between the HOA and its members, and sort of sometimes tangentially has had an effect between co members. But I'm just not familiar with any kind of having ever seen a waiver of sebrogation in a declaration that would apply between two different unit owners.
Speaker 24: Go.
Speaker 14: I think I can see how it applied between an HUA and each individual member that relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course. In other words, if there was damage, you know, somehow because of the roof or a common area or something, you can't subrogate against the HOA and you agree to that living in that HOA.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so up there neighbor and downstairs neighbor. I just can't. I think it does sound weird that a declaration would have a sebrogation waiver between those two different things.
Speaker 2: I think they wrote it to her simply an out saying hey, we're not going to pay. I don't even know if they dealt with the other company she might, well, no, they're they're pointing out the hoa stuff. It's crazy, but it's.
Speaker 14: Quite common for another the other party's insurance company to say no and deny it because that's their Sander practice.
Speaker 2: Well because ultimately, and I got to put you on the hold by the way, Brad O'Brien. Anything to do with property, and that's why we have him on right now. Anything to do with property, to look over a lease, to create a lease, you name it, this guy does it. He's our expert. I'm just running out of time, Brad. But seven two zero three seven zero seven three eight eight, that's Brad O'Brien and John Fuller really quick. I don't know if you've ever you've been listening to this, but John, here's the other question I have for you. She got canceled, and Brad, keep listening for a second. Her insurance canceled her because she had multiple claims, and all the multiple claims were due to the lady upstairs not giving the insurance information. So she got canceled on her homeowner's policy or her condo policy. Could she possibly go after that woman for that kind of damage, meaning the reason she can't get insured? Right, now is because of her Forget about the dollar amount. Let's pretend the new one is five thousand dollars more. Could she go after that lady for five grand in your opinion?
Speaker 8: Well, probably not. But here's the thing, Mark, I mean, listen, you're asking Brad to just, you know, guess on what these documents say. Yeah, the answer to your question is in these documents. Okay. I don't know if the mistake that this lady may was using her own insurance company, and perhaps the HOA documents keep. You know, we don't want to end up having a leak that ends up in seven different lawsuits being filed between the super upstairs person to the one below them, to the one below them to the one below them. I mean, I could see why they would say to each his own you know, let's not allow these insurance companies to go declare war on each other because it's.
Speaker 14: Just going to be a mess.
Speaker 2: But so that John, listen, John, you fill in for us, so you know why I'm doing this. I am up against it. If I can get you on in the morning, and same with you, Monica. In the meantime, I got to take this break. Brad O'Brien I thank you, and then Kelly, please get Monica's information. I wanted to send over the denial letter, the HOA stuff. Please