Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner clerk, get them dives makes the cat backhand sign, dusted off deck gold.
Speaker 2: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot? We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 5: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 2: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 5: It best overall?
Speaker 3: Miss Dan Klass Padres. Fans can line up to kiss our top ring.
Speaker 5: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch. Tim Case, Hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody, and a happy Fourth of July.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show. As your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers fifty six and thirty two on the season, first place atop the NL West as after a sweep of the White Sox. Rogers have now won four in a row, nine of their last ten, and tonight, the homestand continues with the start of a three game series against the Houston Astros. Ben Casparius on the mount of the series opener, first pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at six to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to, including hearing from mister three thousand, Clayton Kershaw. Dv sits down with Clayton coming up in forty five minutes, we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, the latest on the injury report. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We got your magical moment which you don't want to miss. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson and in just a few minutes we will head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast both on this fourth of July and checking with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday Well. Last night at the Ravine, somebody ordered a code red as Dustin May was dialed.
Speaker 2: In arguably his best start of this season.
Speaker 1: Seven plus innings, he allowed just two runs on four hits while striking out nine.
Speaker 2: Along the way.
Speaker 1: He had a perfect game through five innings that ended though in this six Brooks Baldwin broke it up with a single in the inning, and then Chase May in the eighth of the two run home run the Dodgers offense. They gave Dustin made plenty of run support. It was Freddy Freeman getting it going early in the first, after a leadoff walk to show Hey. Two batters later, Freddy Freeman the RBI double, Dodgers up one to nothing. In the third, again show Hey, a walk the lead off the Indian and air got Mookie bets aboard.
Speaker 2: That brought up Freddy.
Speaker 4: Now one to one, and Freeman hits it down the third baseline. Fair Oh, Tony's gonna come around and score. BET's motoring to third. He's gonna get waved around. That's to the plate. Here comes to throw, Mookie slides. Here is safe And in the second, safely is Freddy Freeman and the Dodgers lead it three and and up.
Speaker 2: It go with Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 3: Folks, he's back.
Speaker 2: A two run double for Freddy, Dodgers, a three to one lead.
Speaker 1: That's the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco quality, top tier gas for less.
Speaker 2: Dodgers weren't done in the third.
Speaker 1: Three batters later, Michael Confordo put it one just inside the foul pull down the right field line, a two run home run, his seventh of the season. Dodgers a five to nothing lead after Dustin May was cruising. The Dodgers would add to their lead in the seventh. Mookie Bets up last the left.
Speaker 4: What's the best way to mentally approach a slump and working your way out of it? This way, Mookie Bets drills went deep till left failed head his back.
Speaker 7: That has gone home run.
Speaker 4: Number ten for Mookie Bets and the Dodgers lead at six nothing.
Speaker 3: That's how you do it.
Speaker 1: Solo blast for Mookie his tenth of the season, his first one and twenty one gamezo a solo shot off Tyler Gilbert, extending the lead to six to nothing.
Speaker 2: In the seventh.
Speaker 1: Dodgers go on and beat the White Sox last night six to two to finish off the three game sweep. Dodgers with the win, now fifty six and thirty two, nine games up on both the Giants and the Padres. Tonight, the homestead continues with the first to three against the cheat in Houston Astros, the team that stole the twenty seventeen World Series from the Dodgers. Sure most of the players are gone and moved on, but we'll never forget Tonight. Bank is Sparius on the mound, first pitch at six ten, and with more we head out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth on this fourth of July and say hello to Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, Hey Tim, Happy fourth of July to you and everybody around Dodgers' Nation. Rick Monday, this is a special day in our countries, especially day in.
Speaker 5: Major League Baseball.
Speaker 8: There's just something about the fourth of July in this sport that makes it work.
Speaker 9: It goes together, and I think that everybody comes together on these days, you know, whether it be in stadiums, where to be at home, it doesn't really matter. And we're going to see a displaying of the military here today, presenting the largest flag you can possibly see. The national anthem is going to be here, one hundred and fifty really joint services will be presenting the flag on the field. And it's one of those moments that we're fortunate to live in a pretty darn good country and work.
Speaker 8: In an amazing place like Dodgers stated, where we are going to see what should be one heck of a baseball series.
Speaker 5: Malt.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers are the best record in Major League baseball. The Houston Astros tied for the third best mark in baseball, but Houston o'ver really over the last month has been the hottest team in Major League Baseball. Both teams dealing with injuries, so not one hundred percent for the Dodgers, obviously more so on the pitching side for the Astros. They've lost some key cogs in the lineup. But still when these two get together on the weekend like this.
Speaker 9: We're expecting fireworks. Yeah, and especially in the same train of fun are you talking about? If you look since the first of June, these are the top two teams in baseball as far as the records go. Astros twenty one and eight, Dodgers twenty and ten. And if we look at this Dodgers in recently, you know, nine games now in front in the Western Division, in front of both San Diego and San Francisco. And if you look at Houston, they have a seven game lead in front of the Seattle Mariners in the American League Western Division. So it is Dodger buckleb in a row, having won now fifteen to the last eighteen game.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's pretty remarkable. They were tied to top the Nation League.
Speaker 8: In the middle of June, Dude fourteenth tiede and in less than a month nine games of separation. So look, you know the Dodgers finished at Gauntlet, and then they got to the softer spot of their schedule, right and they feasted the Nationals, the Rockies, the Royals, and sweeping the White Sox coming into this.
Speaker 5: That's what good teams do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And I think there's a sidelight to this series too, mostly in the minds of the fans more than the players, because if they have a history obviously in the World Series, in the history you know, the trash can routine and everything else, But there are very few players on either team that were there and up close and personal at that time. It's not out of the realm of possibility of the memory of as far as.
Speaker 3: The fans go.
Speaker 9: And we're going to hear it when jose Ol two we comes to home late, one would imagine. But let's not lose sight of the fact. These are two very talented teams and this is about who's going to win this three game series one hundred percent.
Speaker 8: Only four players, two on each side, remained for the twenty seventeen World Series and Josel to be the only position player. The other one tonight started for the Houston Nashos Lance mccullis.
Speaker 9: So those four they can growl back and forth to one another, but there's a baseball game to be.
Speaker 8: One and we can't wait for it. First pitch coming up in a little bit. We'll be back with you shortly, Tim with some keys.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we count you down to first pitch. On this fourth of July, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza, chicken and mojos right now at Shaky's dot com. Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Neck. You're gonna hear from mister three thousand, Clayton Kershaw. That's coming up at five point forty five. We'll check in with DV throughout the show. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll hear from the manager as well, Dave Roberts. That's coming up in about fifteen minutes. But up next you're o tani Ree Wine and we visit with sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and ash shows on this fourth of July. First pitch from Dodger Stadiums coming up at six ten. I'm Tim kase is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers, Baseball, Dodgers and Astros.
Speaker 2: Ben Casparius goes for the Blue.
Speaker 1: Lance McCullers Junior, one of two remaining members of the twenty seventeen Houston Astro's team.
Speaker 2: We all know what happened that year. First pitch, coming up to six ten.
Speaker 5: This is the Otani rewind Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, Otani, last night zero for two at the play, but did get walked twice and he would score twice part of a six two Dodgers win and sweep over the Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 1: Hey, Kirston now joins us on this fourth of July. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven to seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agents standing by.
Speaker 2: To take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today.
Speaker 1: A big fireworks show after the game tonight at Dodgers Stadium. Hopefully the offense providing some fire works tonight as the Houston Astros are in town, Kirsten in anytime, Dodger fans here, Houston Astros, it's a bad reminder of twenty seventeen when they cheated their way to a World Series championship.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's definitely that bitter taste. How you kind of gain in your mouth when you say the Houston Astros. And I was asking, now, look, there's not many guys still on this team that were part of that twenty seventeen World Series. It's really just now Clayton Kusha and Keith ky Hernandez and of course Dave Roberts. But I was talking to Dave as well as Clayton earlier, just asking what is the feeling today. It's now twenty twenty five, so it has been some time. But ultimately, like you said, whenever we think of the Astros, you're immediately going back to that World Series, We're immediately going back to the cheating scandal, and there is that bitter feeling. And so with talking to Clayton, he was saying for him when you look at these teams today, So even on the Astros with their roster, they only have two players from that twenty seventeen World Series as well, so you can't look at them with quote like a hatreot of say, that's not a feeling, but there is just kind of that frustrating reminder of, you know, the Dodgers putting so much hard work to win the World Series that year, and unfortunately they weren't even in a position where they could have won it due to the cheating that had happened. So it's more of that feeling. And in I asked Dave Roberts, he was on the page of just it's not something they look at anymore. You know, again, the teams look so different today. It's not something they're thinking about going into this series. It's a good ball club they're looking to just of course, for the Dodgers to pick up a series win. They've been playing excellent baseball as of late, whether it's been the pitchings and the offense get going, so they want to continue with that. So, you know, look, it's something that's always going to be there. It's always going to be somewhere in the back of mine, but it is no longer top of mind for these guys.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the offense keeping it going. No Maximundsee for six to eight weeks, he had been red hot, hitting the ball on the ballpark. They need somebody or somebodies to pick up the slack. Kind of feels like Michael Confordo could be one of those guys.
Speaker 2: He absolutely could be.
Speaker 10: And that's what Dave Roberts was saying today. When you have a player like Max Munty, who you said he was getting hot at the plate, he was showing power even when you look at just the specific at bats, getting the pitch count up. He is an aggressive at bat, and so when you have a player like that, it's very challenging to replace him, even though, like you said, that's six to eight weeks timeline.
Speaker 2: So what does that.
Speaker 10: Mean the middle of the order is going to find I have to find ways to really get some things going to kind of replace that. So, whether it's Michael Conforto who for him. I spoke to him earlier. He was saying that he feels like he's really getting there. You know, he added a leg kick to a swing. He feels like he's on time and that's when he's been showing more power as of late, and for him that's a clear just connector that he is on time with his swing. So he's hoping that he can continue to just build off of that the momentum there. Andy pa Has is another name that Dave said that you know he's hoping to see kind of step up in that position as well as Taoscar Hernandez. And for Taosker, it's getting him back to that all start caliber that we know he is capable of being at. And so we did see him get his one thousandth career hit last night. So we're starting to see just the build up of different guys and so hopefully we can see the continuation because of course, like you said, with no maximunsay, that's a tough blow, but hopefully we can see these other guys really step up it kind of be the guy and be the filler that support their teammate while he's.
Speaker 1: Down, hopefully provide some fireworks on the field and then enjoy some fireworks.
Speaker 2: After the game tonight.
Speaker 1: Curious and we appreciate it still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, David Masseagos one on one with Clayton and Kershaw. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but up next your injury report and.
Speaker 2: We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. It's the fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Astros first Bencham Dodger Stadiums at six and ten. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Audio note.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: On your home for the blue All season.
Speaker 1: Law Marongo Casino Dodgers on It continues on this fourth of July. As we lead you out to first pitch and the Ravine Dodgers and the Astros Morongo Casino Resort at SPA, a Grand Slam for good times. First pitch at sixten.
Speaker 5: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Injury Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Max Munsey on the IL with the left knee bone bruise, Michael Kopek on the i L with the right knee inflammation, Tony Gonsol on the sixty day IL. Tyler Glass, now working his way back, had another minor league rehab started in Oklahoma's city last night. More on that, I think, with Dave Roberts coming up here in just a couple of minutes, Blake Snell Blake shrine him both through SIM games and live BP sessions a couple of days ago at a Dodger stadium. All right, let's find out more from the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Kibberd A.
Speaker 3: Questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 6: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts Dave.
Speaker 10: The twenty seventeen But is it something that is that world series, something that's still top of fine for you when.
Speaker 5: You see this tea things?
Speaker 11: Not at all. I think that certainly, you know, there's been some history with our organizations, but you know, if you look at in reality, you know most of those guys are gone. So I don't think that it certainly does have any bearing on this series this weekend. But I just yeah, that's a good ball club over there, and we're trying to win.
Speaker 4: We've ben today.
Speaker 3: What are you hoping to see from him?
Speaker 1: Just I know he was sick of.
Speaker 7: His last one.
Speaker 3: For him to get going and to.
Speaker 11: Have the actual start today, I think for Ben, he's back to feeling normal. What I'm looking for is just to get back to the crispness that he had, you know before the last few outings. I think that the fastball command, the cutter, the sweeper has just not been as crisp as as it was early. And so certainly, yeah, we're extending him out a little bit long or stretching them out, but getting back to being effishing and getting quick outs and it's not gonna be a pitch count thing. And just kind of give us some link today.
Speaker 9: Last year months he went out for a business Your replacements at third base did not approve your software.
Speaker 1: It was a drag on the offense.
Speaker 9: Thomas, what's the plan this Year's where going to be out?
Speaker 7: Said?
Speaker 5: At times?
Speaker 11: The plan right now is Tom He's going to start taking some grounders at third which he's done in the past. So sometime next week I'll run him out there at third base against right handed pitching to give Heysong some runway at second base verse right and then verse left. It's going to be a combo of Kik and Rojas at third base.
Speaker 1: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts talking about the plan. For third base moving forward. Max Monsey out with the bone bruise in the knee. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with David Vasse gets you all the latest. Don't forget Dave's going to go one on one with Clayton Kershaw. That's coming up in about twenty five minutes. As we lead up to first pitch on this fourth of July, Dodgers and the Astros of Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and the Astros on this fourth of July and Consparius Lance McCullers Junior.
Speaker 2: The pitching matchup, first pitch set for six.
Speaker 6: Ten, joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger inside there, David Basse.
Speaker 1: All right, DVI, we just heard from the manager, Dave Roberts. What's the feeling you're getting as far as the plan now with third base and Tommy Edmund how much starts he's gonna get there?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I talked to the Dodgers GM earlier today Brandan Gomes, and they're very comfortable with the trio that they're going to have over there at the hot corner. While Max Munsey is coming back from a left knee bone bruise today, Keith a Hernandez yesterday, Miguel Rojas, and you're going to see a lot of Tommy Edmond at third base, especially against right handed pitching. And look, I don't know when his first day is going to be at third base. That plan may change between now and the time that it happens. But today was the first day that Tommy Edmund took ground balls at third base, and he wasn't just taking the normal easy grounders. He was having Pete Montero hit him some choppers, some in between balls, and he told me today those are the ones that he has to get used to. And he hasn't flinched. When I was talking to him after he was done today, he didn't flinch about playing there. He's pretty confident he can handle it.
Speaker 1: David is brought to by the twenty twenty five for f one to fifty from California's best selling truck Brant. It's time to see Ford in a new light forward for America from a Mayria. Ben Casparius gets the start tonight, David, is this a legitimate start or is he an opener?
Speaker 2: What's the plan?
Speaker 3: Last night after the game, Dave Roberts said, there's no pitch limit. They're gonna just read and react. But you have to imagine there are certain limits on how many pitches he'll be able to throw, because I know he's come in to throw bulk innings after Otani, but I can't see him throwing more than eighty pitches tonight. And here's something that I'm not sure we all appreciate. Ben Casparius has been outstanding, whether it has been pitching multiple innings at the back end of a game, pitching middle relief coming in after Otani. But here he is now in a different type of setting, starting a game, and that's something that he really wanted an opportunity to do at this level. But I've talked to some people around the game and even on the team that have said he might be the most valuable for the Dodgers being a high leverage late inning reliever. And once you get Snell back and Glass now back, and maybe Roki Sazaki, You're not going to have a spot in the rotation for him, so eventually in the second half of the season he may turn out to be that Evan Phillips type of guy for the Dodgers down the stretch and into the postseason.
Speaker 1: I love that. Recently, Kirby Yates caught a home run ball from show Hey Otani on the Last Road Show.
Speaker 2: What did he do with the baseball?
Speaker 3: David, Yeah, he caught it. When Otani hit that home run into the Dodger bullpen at Corp's Field. He caught it clean, and I had a fan ask me, Tim, what does he do with the baseball? Does he get it signed by Otani? Does he get it authenticated? What does he do with it? He said, All I did was give it to our bullpen coach, Josh Bard and get a brand new one so I could start warming up to come into the game. Though, he gave away an Otani home run ball to his bullpen coach, and I'm not sure where that baseball is now.
Speaker 1: Somebody needs to update him on the memorabilia market, David, and how much of otani baseball could be worth out there or just for a personal collection of course as a teammate of show. Hey O TONI, David, we appreciate it. We'll check back with you in just a couple of minutes. David's gonna go one on one with Clayton Kershaw. That's coming up at about sixteen minutes. Don't go anywhere, Dodger fans don'na want to stay tuned for that when we come back, though, You're Dodgers Magical Moment. Dodgers Astros First Bitch on this fourth of July is coming up at six ten. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Astros starting a three game set on this fourth of July from Dodgers Stadium. Ben Kisparius, Lance McCullers Junior. The pitching matchup. First Bitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 3: Dog who wants?
Speaker 6: It's time for the Haffe Match Ditch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, today's the fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Is we honor the birthday of our great country, the United States of America and a great American himself, our own Rick Monday. On April twenty fifth, nineteen seventy six, he was a member of the Chicago Cubs at Dodger Stadium taking on the Dodgers when two knuckleheads came out of the pavilion and tried to light the American flag on fire. Rick Monday, American hero, wasn't gonna let it happen.
Speaker 7: Sie Moore fouled out in the first inning. He's over one and the first one outside bow one And wait a minute, there's an animal loose. Two of them all right, I'm not sure what he's doing out there. It looks like he's gonna burn a flag. And Rick Monday runs and takes it away from him. And so Monday, I think a guy was gonna set fire to the American plague. Can you imagine that? So they better lose him in a hurry. And Monday, when he realized what he was gonna do, race comer and took the flag away from him. And now the crowd is doing what they want to do all the time. Who one of these characters for this guy was gonna try and perform the indignity of shutting fire to the American flag. And Rick we'll get an ovation and properly so.
Speaker 1: The great Van Scully with the play by play of Rick Monday. He was an outfielder, but right there it made a great save of the American flag from being burned. At Dodger Stadium, April twenty fifth, nineteen seventy six. Moe's gonna throw out the first pitch here coming up in just a little bit, and we'll join David Vassa when we come back. This has been the halfy magical moment brought to buy Hoffey hot Dogs, so cost local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs local and so great. When we come back, we'll hear from Rick Money, don't forget coming up in about ten minutes, Clayton Kershaw. So we lead you ump to Dodgers and Astros on this fourth of July. I'm Tim kass Is, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on.
Speaker 5: Deach on your home for the Blue All Season Law Law.
Speaker 1: Here's the Dodgers and Astros on this fourth of July. And Kisparius Lance McCullers Junior. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at six ten time. Now for the Verizon startup, we're a little over thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Now at Verizon you can lock in your low price for three years, so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today.
Speaker 6: And now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Well, we got mister first pitch in the house, and rightfully so, the Dodgers picked the right man on fourth of July to throw out today's ceremonial first pitch, and that is our one and only Rick Monday. What an honor on fourth of July.
Speaker 9: Rick, do you have the ice bucket ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: You know, I'm gonna have to ice down afterwards.
Speaker 3: I think you've got something left in the town.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, I have not thrown a baseball in what six years? Something like that.
Speaker 3: We could have played catch.
Speaker 9: What position did you play in high school?
Speaker 3: Right field?
Speaker 9: Right field? Yeah, no, I heard it was left out.
Speaker 3: I was a defensive replacement. I'll put it that way.
Speaker 9: Happy fourth of July. Also, you know, this is a time that I think we can kind of get together and we can use that right now, I think in our country and you start to look at it. I talked to a couple of Marines coming in today here at the stadium to have you. One hundred and fifty Joint Services would be presenting the extra large American flag for the national anthem. This is a time for all of us kind of reflect on how how lucky we are to be be in this country. There's a lot of things that we can improve upon, and that's the goal to improve upon things. But you know, thank goodness, we're here and we can do something about it.
Speaker 3: Rick, you've thrown out a lot of ceremonial first pitches. Have you ever thrown one out on fourth of July?
Speaker 9: Not that I recall, no, No, I have yet to throw strike also all the time. It's kind of net when they contacted me to the day asad s you're out, I'll do it. You know, it's really kind of strange, be totally honest. Here played nineteen years of the Big leagues, played over two thousand games. Right, Throwing out first pitch is tough, and you can feel the palpitation is going because the expectations are there. And the one thing that they always tell us and we tell other people too, don't bounce it. You can throw it ten feet over the catcher's head, but don't bounce it.
Speaker 3: And that's why it's okay to go to the bottom of the hill, right rick the very very bottom. Yes, yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 9: Well I look at it this way. I look at it since you have pictures that are on the injured list and they're rehabbing, they throw off a flat ground. Yeah, well that's what little Ricky's going to do tonight, throw off a flat ground.
Speaker 3: I love that. Get the hill, perfect, perfect pick on fourth of July. A lot of times they don't get it right. Tonight they got it right here at Dodgers Stadium. And the Dodgers have been doing a lot of things right lately, and.
Speaker 9: I think that that's the big mood. I mean, having won fifteen of the last eighteen, they really turned it on. If you're looking back, you know, if you say June first, I mean both of these ball clubs. For a matter of fact, because since the first of June, these are the top two teams David in Major League Baseball. As far as the records. The Astros are twenty one to eight, Dodgers are twenty and ten and Dodgers having one now fifteen of eighteen. I mean there's a lot going on. Yes, there's a history between these two organizations. In the World Series a number of years ago. There's only four players, two on one side, two on the other that were even part of that. So remember it. The players, it's a Bowl game to win, and that's that's their goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird how the Yankees bring something out of Dodger fans, but the Astros now moving forward, will always have that stigma attached to that.
Speaker 9: Well, the Yankees don't always just bring it out of the fans either. Pouthflet me tell you something. Yeah, we've already talked about this. It gets uh, yeah, it gets the hard to be going on this end too.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, still does.
Speaker 3: It feels like you got the edge for this first pitch.
Speaker 9: Rick, Well, you have to. You have to, So get the ice bucket ready. I'll brib what we need the ice down afterwards.
Speaker 3: Sounds good. I'll get some icy hot for you too.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Hey, there's the man right there save the American flag here at Dodgers Stadium in nineteen seventy six, playing for the Chicago Cubs. Our very own number sixteen, Rick Monday throwing out the fourth of July ceremonial first pitch. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: Tim our own Rick Monday throwing out the first pitch tonight.
Speaker 2: An American hero.
Speaker 1: You heard the highlight of him saving the American flag at Dodgers Stadium. Rick thrown out the first pitch tonight at the game. This Dodgers game plan brought to you by a California community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 2: No excuses. It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 1: Classes can fill up quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, don't go anywhere. Up next, you're gonna hear from mister three thousand himself. Clayton Kershaw goes one on one with David Va Say when we return, we leads up to Dodgers and Astros on this fourth of July. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, yes, is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and the Astros. Happy fourth of July. Dodger fans been Consparius and Lance McCullers Junior to bitch. You matchup first pitch coming up at six ten, and celebrate summer with two dollars off Zench Sushi Hybrid mini platters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twelve hand.
Speaker 1: Crafted pieces, including favors like the Ultimate Chili Roll, Crunchy Tempura role tun Inagiri. Find us at your local Rouse next to the deli counter and look for the two dollars off sticker. No membership required. Valid until July twenty ninth. Perfect does a meal or to share with friends. Zench Sushi's fast, affordable and packed with flavor. Stop by your local Rouse and get two dollars off a Zench Sushi Hybrid mini platter today, David, And now.
Speaker 6: What will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment, this this high.
Speaker 3: And tight, Happy fourth of July. And what says fourth of July more than a man that has spent eighteen fourth of July's with the Dodgers. That's mister three thousand to himself, Clayton Kershaw with this dad bucket hat the players will be wearing today. Thanks a lot for the time. Happy fourth.
Speaker 12: It's kind of like a dad bucket hat.
Speaker 3: Huh, yeah, this is very you. Why just because I'm a dad. Yeah, you wear these type of things with the rope on it too.
Speaker 12: I don't know about the rope thing, but it is definitely a dad hat.
Speaker 2: So I'll rock it.
Speaker 4: I'll rock it.
Speaker 3: I did like the Rams hat you were sporting after the start in Denver.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm a Rams guy now. So ever since Matthew got there. You know, they won a Super Bowl, so it looks like bandwagon. But yeah, ever since Matthew got there, I'm a Ram fan.
Speaker 3: I've never heard the connection between you and Stafford before. Oh you want that story? Hey two days later, now you've been celebrated so much around baseball in LA. How does it feel after you've been able to get through all that? Oh, it's so special.
Speaker 12: I mean I think that night, you know, obviously I'd like to have given up a few less runs and strike out the guy a little sooner. But you know, looking back on the whole night and everything that happened, it was so special, such a great night for my family, for me, and you know, obviously the fans reaction that whole night and just how they you know, you kind of just felt the tension that they had for me to figure this thing out get a strikeout finally, So just wouldn't have changed it for the world, just to blast so grateful for the night. And you know, I think you're slowly starting to move on, get past it and try to look forward to facing the Brewers and get that three thousand and first one.
Speaker 3: You don't really show any sort of self importance. Were you surprised by how much the fans cared about you reaching that milestone? Yeah?
Speaker 12: I think so. I mean I think, you know, from even just the warm ups before the game to you know, running back out for the sixth inning. There it was. It was definitely more than I expected it was. It was a very unique experience. It was awesome, awesome.
Speaker 3: I was doing Dodger talk upstairs while you came out after the game and the grounds crew started to dig up the pitching rubber. Was that on your request or did they do that as a gift to you?
Speaker 12: No, I didn't know they were doing that, So yeah, really nice of Jordan and all the guys to dig that up for me, and thanks heavy man. It's it's it's no small feet to get that thing out. It took them five hours the next day to put the next one down, So labor of love for sure, but thankful to have it. That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: What do you do with the pitching rubber? Where were you put that in the trophy case?
Speaker 12: Great question. I'm not sure yet. I don't know, but it's a great story, so I'll keep it somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Clayton Kershaw is our guest on fourth of July. You know, Clayton, when you look at this team, you guys have the best record again by two games over the Tigers. Do you feel like there's a lot more room to go as far as playing your best baseball?
Speaker 12: You know, I think it's probably twofold. I think we are playing good baseball right now, I really do. You know, we're winning games we're supposed to. We're getting great comebacks, playing like clean baseball. You know, starters are getting some length into the games and so it kind of sets up the bullpen to do their role as well. And guys are getting big hits.
Speaker 3: But to your point.
Speaker 12: I mean, I think when we get some more guys back, you know, obviously months going down for you know, the six weeks or whatever is a tough blow. But you know, when when Snell's back, when Glasses back, when Trina's back, and get that pitching staff to one hundred percent or close to it, it's, uh, we should be able to keep winning games. And that's uh, that's an exciting thing to think about.
Speaker 3: The bullpen has already pitched those innings. Is there any way to compensate in the second half for the load they have shouldered the first half? Yes?
Speaker 12: And no, I mean I think, you know, I think with the opener situation, the bullpen innings get skewed a little bit, right because the bullpen, you know, the bulk guys are getting five or six six innings. That looks like it's the bullpen innings. But you know, the guys that have been healthy for the whole year, like Tanner, Vest some of these guys, Jack and Benny, some of the guys that have had big workloads. I think, I think there's ways to manage it. And but no, I mean, at the end of the day, they're gonna throw in big situations because those are our guys. It's just a matter of you know, getting a little more consistency in the starting rotation. And I think you're starting to see that too. I think guys are going, you know, six seven innings recently, which has been nice. And that's the biggest way to reset the pen is just for guys to get a little bit deeper in the games.
Speaker 3: How much do we take for granted this offense best in baseball, but it still feels like there might be a little bit more, which is kind of scary.
Speaker 12: Yeah, best, I think you said it the right way. I think there's a there's room for let me say it this way. Our offense is doing well and everybody swung the bat well at times, but I don't know if everybody swung the bat well at.
Speaker 3: The same time.
Speaker 12: So once that happens, that's a scary thing. And that's hard to do throughout the rhythms of a season, to have everybody swinging the bats well at the same time. But you know, once once everybody gets going, which you know they will, it's a it's a scary thing to think about.
Speaker 3: You've taken a lot of pride out of being consistent in your career. How much do we take for granted how consistent Freddie Freeman has been for the Dodgers, not only this year, but in his career. Does he get lost in the shuffle because he's so consistent? Yeah? Maybe so.
Speaker 12: I mean I think you know, at the beginning of the season, you know, you pencil Freddy in first base every day and say, oh, he's going to hit three hundred, his ops is going to be nine hundred, He's going to do all this play every day, and you just kind of pencil that in and expect it, like you don't realize that that elite level of play.
Speaker 3: Is not easy to do every day.
Speaker 12: So yeah, I mean, I think I think you expected out of Freddy, And that's why the expectations make it seem that like, hey, this is just kind of home home what he does. But for him to continue to do it at the level that he is is it's an elite thing. It's a special thing that very few people can do in the game, and so it's nice to have.
Speaker 8: For sure.
Speaker 3: Since he was counting down to three thousand for you, can I be your sirra Ando here to help you count down as far as doubles go because he's climbed a lot of Hall of Famers this year and he's just four away from passing Lou Garrick for the forty second most doubles in baseball history. Should I feed you the doubles stats as we go through the season.
Speaker 12: And if we start playing that game with hits and doubles with Freddy, we might be doing that every day with something. So it's just a testament to him. But that's a big name, lu Garry, that's special.
Speaker 3: Hey Clayton, it's been a pleasure to be with you for fourteen fourth of July's and just see how much work you put in. I feel like that's the reason why everybody was so happy for you, because you respect the game. You put in so much work, and you treat everybody really well. So you even treat slubs like me pretty well on the radio. So thank you.
Speaker 12: Well, you forced me to do this one today, so I had no choice.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it just happened to have this one hundred and fifty dollars gift card at Travis Matthew. Clayton Kershaw visit Travis Matthew dot com and received twenty percent off your first order when you sign up for email. We'll do that later. I'll sign you up, all right, Happy fourth day. There he goes Clayton Kershaw. It's been our guest, Tim. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you DV. Great to hear Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 1: On this fourth of July, Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com. Lead you up to first bitch Dodgers and Astros on this fourth of July. First pitch is six ten up. Next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim kats Is, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 5: Nowhere.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Astros on this fourth of July. First pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 6: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 1: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard and play hard in a new Tacoma with an I Force turbo Charts engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Landsman Colors on the mound one in three six sixty one E thirty one year old right hander eleventh season the big Leagues, but he's battled injuries for three plus seasons. He's now a pitcher who's healthy and relying on his slider, his sinker, his change up in his curveball. Making his ninth start this season last time out, three and a third innings, eight runs, seven hits, three home runs. He was bad in all home loss to the Cubs. Set to make his fifth career appearance against the Dodgers, his fourth at Dodgers Stadium. Two of his five starts against the Dodgers came in the twenty seventeen World Series. Benk A Sparrius on the mound for the Blue six and two three ninety seven ERA twenty six year old right hander has done it all this year. Bulk inning guy opener gets to start tonight. His last start four innings, one run ball against the Padres back on June eleventh, did not factor in the decision. Remember he piggybacked show Hey, four innings out of the bullpen last Saturday in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Astros on this fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Ben Casparrius, Lance McCullers Junior, the pitching matchup. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game our next I'm Tim Kats's.
Speaker 2: The world champion.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: On your Home for the Blue All Season Log.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Astros on this fourth of July. Ben Kispirius, Lance McCullers Junior, The pitching MATCHO.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at sixty ten.
Speaker 1: Dodgers' best record in baseball, best home record in the Major Leagues. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. It's the fourth of July. Fireworks everywhere. Please make sure you're practicing fireworks safety. Use safe insane fireworks that display the California State Fire Marshall seal. Always read the directions please, and ensure fireworks aren't only lit by adults. Never ever use fireworks near dry grass or other flammable materials. For more about these tips and to fight out others, visits fire dot CA dot gov. All right, back out to the booth, Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 8: All right, TC, back here with Rick Monday getting ready for Game one of three for the Dodgers and Houston Astros. The Dodgers rolling right now. They've won seven series in a row. They have taken nine of the last ten fifteen of eighteen, eighteen to twenty three. You can go on or on. They've been playing good baseball, but they're running into one of the hottest teams, or the hottest team rather in the American League in Houston. Somehow, some way, despite all the roster turnover between these two organizations since they met in the World Series back in twenty seventeen, they have found ways to stay atop.
Speaker 9: Their respective division. Yeah, and both these organizations have expectations to win there. There's just now to you know, collect the base hits and they do well in their division. No, they want to get to the big dance that being the World Series. So the Dodgers have been Casparius. The big thing about Casparius, you know, when we saw him Saturday in Kansas City, he was really under the weather. He went four innings. Yes, he gave up six runs on eight hits, including a home run. But Dave Robbers asked about Casparius little earlier, said, look, he's healthy today. They want him to be more efficient, in particular with the breaking stuff, and there is not a pitch count on Casparius today. They want to lengthen him out a little bit more if they can.
Speaker 8: What are another key or two that are on your mind?
Speaker 9: Well, I think against the mcculors. The Dodgers have seen him in postseason play, that's it the best. And mcculors have been really good on the road three starts. He's making his ninth start overall tonight. Three of those had been on the road. He does not have an ERA at all, is not allowed to run on the road. One and zero with a very low banning average against away from his own ballpark.
Speaker 8: So what we'll give two hot teams and two pitchers coming off clunkers. We will find out in a matter of moments. Game one in pitch one for the Dodgers and Astros coming up shortly.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much, first bitches, next Dodgers Astros. This has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the world champion Los.
Speaker 2: Angeles Dodgers Audio Network. Happy forthans everybody,