Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the lunch Break podcast. This is Ricky coming at you here on the front end. We're excited about this episode. It has been far too long since something's been released. But I just wanted to give you a heads up here before you get too deep into this that this particular episode format with us taste testing and ranking root bears with a blindfold on, may not be the best listening experience, but it's a pretty decent visual experience. So with that said, you can click the YouTube link in the description and not only hear us test these roop ears, but actually get to see it happen. Also, full disclosure, I didn't use a single real microphone in this entire thing, so you're getting all cell phone audio, which I think is a little more forgivable on YouTube as opposed to in your audio feed, So keep that in mind as well. But if you're going to continue listening on, thank you, We're glad you're here, and let's roll the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, what's up, everybody.
Speaker 3: It's us, we're here.
Speaker 4: We're let's we'll go easy on.
Speaker 3: The back, because every time we say.
Speaker 5: We're back, we then go away for a long, extended.
Speaker 1: Growing But today in the office, we were discussing various routiers and we decided what did we do.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do a Rutier taste test. It's going to be us too. It's also going to be new guy, pastor Caleb, and.
Speaker 1: He's going to uh test from Rupier too, and we're gonna see which of these guys.
Speaker 5: Comes out on top.
Speaker 3: So we got Crisp pairing the goods.
Speaker 5: And uh so we went with what I would call the big three.
Speaker 3: We got Barks, which.
Speaker 1: Has of course bite bite, Yeah, I bite you. We got a W, we got mug and then we threw in a local Stewart's Shops Roupier, upstate New York, local.
Speaker 3: Type of ruper. So it's gonna be a blind test. And Chris's parents barks, what are that? Poor?
Speaker 4: Can't teach that.
Speaker 5: I can't teach that.
Speaker 3: It's very foamy. A W got a got a good head just like Chris. Look at that. It's a good head. Good head for a bald head. All right.
Speaker 1: So this is introducing for the first time and lunch break history.
Speaker 3: Caleb, Hello, na buyer, it's me all right.
Speaker 1: Only, so how this is going to work is when you taste the root beer, which you will consume blindfolded. Okay, you'll then rank it on a scale of one to four, where we'll we'll place the cup one being the best for being the worst. But my first question is what what do you predict just from knowing these root beers and maybe not knowing Stuarts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know Stewarts.
Speaker 6: If I'm looking at this just based on my ranking, Barks would be number one.
Speaker 3: I'm a Bars fan, probably.
Speaker 6: A w second, and then it'll be between Mug and Stewart for.
Speaker 3: For the worst.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, for the worst for the worst.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm excited for for this adventure.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get him blindfolded. Go ahead, there we go.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna get the nose on it first, make.
Speaker 7: Sure the whole palace is involved.
Speaker 4: I had some some Angel's pizza as well to help.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 8: Interesting, interesting, How would you How.
Speaker 6: Would it felt a little uh not as carbonated as I would have expected.
Speaker 3: From the hard poor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it feels a little more surpy than then Maybe I was expecting.
Speaker 3: Guess of brand. Mmm mmmmm, I'm I'm going with ah. I think it's Stewards. That's what I'm going. All right, where do you go? Where do you place it?
Speaker 1: And you can move them after, But where's your initial placement of this?
Speaker 4: Well, it's the best one I've had so far, so right.
Speaker 3: Now it's raining best and worst.
Speaker 9: Chris administer number two the next there you go, take take that into your Yeah, goll it, Oh my goodness, this.
Speaker 3: Is harder than we thought it would be.
Speaker 10: Okay, now, how is it? How does it compare to the last one? When it comes to the carbonation factor?
Speaker 6: There's more carbonation, O there is. It is a little foam here, which which to me seems like mud.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, So would you rank it higher or lower?
Speaker 3: I would rank it higher than the one I just had. Okay, then let's move the other one to two. This one is now the reigning Champa, and let's go with this one next.
Speaker 7: There you go, sir, you partake at your convenience.
Speaker 6: It smells a little fruity, actually really yeah, I don't kind of I don't have a good nose.
Speaker 7: What kind of notes are you getting from that?
Speaker 3: I don't know, like what kind of bouquet? Whoa mm hmm?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, all right, yes, so strong I can tell you have some strong I do it? Does it does have like some more earthy maybe more earthy tone?
Speaker 3: Okay, you feel with dirt?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's real roots.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm actually gonna switch from my first one.
Speaker 3: I think this one is the Stewards. Do you think it's the Stewarts?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I actually I like this? And you place this at number one spot? I think so right?
Speaker 4: Currently, and so.
Speaker 3: Everything just cants move down one. You think you can do that? Okay, al right, here.
Speaker 7: Here's your your final I'm curious on the number one one.
Speaker 4: You can't smell anything on this one.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. This is A and W.
Speaker 1: That means the first one was If you guys are on laughing this, we can't say it that way.
Speaker 5: You can't respond, all right, yeah, we can't.
Speaker 3: We can't confirm or deny.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: One feels like an W. Where are we sticking to A and W?
Speaker 10: Now, So, knowing it's A and W in your mind, confidence you place it.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking number two, placing it for number two?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I think number two.
Speaker 3: There's no rush, all right, I think number two. So everything is pushed down from number two downwards.
Speaker 7: Yes, we're saying okay, all right, so this is your alright, your.
Speaker 3: Final do you want to change that?
Speaker 1: I want the first one, the first first one, which I think is currently just pushed down to the bottom.
Speaker 3: Is it at the bottom? I think it is that one. Mm hmm.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's it's not as fuzzy as I was expecting that still, ye, because that was the first one. He said it was not very physy, and you said, yeah, a little bit more servey.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think I think I'm gonna move this into three though.
Speaker 6: The three okay, well that's where I'm at.
Speaker 10: So are you confident and where everything lies the most confident as that can be?
Speaker 1: Okay, we can take the blindfold off that that will reveal much it is.
Speaker 3: I don't know that, all right, So we'll start at number four.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so why don't you before, why don't you drink the rest of them?
Speaker 10: Just down a real quick and then look on the bottom and it will tell you where you rank.
Speaker 3: It is an S S, which stands for Stewart Stewart.
Speaker 10: Yet we're here number four, okay, so that came in last place, the local, the local.
Speaker 3: I did not get that one, right. I don't know which one I thought so this is this is this is months that's mug which was the number one that you said, that was the one that was the first one tried.
Speaker 4: It was between these two that was yes, all right, what do we get for number two?
Speaker 3: Number you called it and called it called that one when you said what it was, Yes, it has.
Speaker 1: To bear the bite, which means wow, wow, your preferences are consistent even with the blindfold. That all right, and we're gonna blindfold Chris and we're gonna put him through it.
Speaker 5: All right now officially in the hot seat.
Speaker 3: You look cray right now.
Speaker 4: In front of your nose.
Speaker 3: The is that gonna mess with your flip it up there you go. I want to get to that is the award winnings. All right, this is the first one. This is this is it? Chris? Tell me, Chris had a lot of real beer before this. It's the fumes from I'll try to do what you did.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna take give it versus Okay, that one in it.
Speaker 3: No, it's quite quite strong.
Speaker 10: Okay, strong, okay, but it's it's smooth.
Speaker 3: It's pretty smooth. Not bourbon.
Speaker 12: My guess is that My guess is that this one is an w all right, okay, and where where would you rank that? Will that be the best that you've had to this point thus far?
Speaker 3: Okay? That should go to number one.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, you finished the whole thing, so there's no second taste, No second taste the number two.
Speaker 3: Okay, number two?
Speaker 7: Right, less of a smell?
Speaker 3: Still there? Odor free?
Speaker 7: Okay, this one I think.
Speaker 3: Interesting?
Speaker 1: Okay, what are you getting one of the flavor?
Speaker 3: What's in your head?
Speaker 10: This one is less surupy, it's got more fizz in the tongue.
Speaker 3: What about fizz elsewhere in the nose? All right, I'm gonna say I'm gonna go with put this as number two.
Speaker 10: Okay, I don't have I don't really have a good guess.
Speaker 3: One and four. Chance you already guessed the other one was A and W.
Speaker 6: So all right, here's the here's the third one.
Speaker 3: What do you get? What do you get there?
Speaker 7: That's got a strong scent to it?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 10: Okay, this one is a little creamier, okay, and sweeter. I'm gonna put this one at number two.
Speaker 1: We're gonna just bump the other one down, Yeah, bump number two down to two.
Speaker 3: Three? Okay, Now, what do you think that one was what do you got a guess? All right, I'm gonna guess that one was mug okay, okay, all right, all right, Now here's the last last one. It's a mystery one.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: What are the notes? Okay? That one? This one smells more processed. That makes sense.
Speaker 4: The other ones are far more natural all natural sugar.
Speaker 10: Oh wait, okay, wow, all right, that one's got a little more kicked to it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna guess that one's barks. Okay, that's my guy.
Speaker 4: So where where would you put it in the pantheon?
Speaker 10: I would put this one at number put this one at number three and.
Speaker 3: Number three down?
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, okay, I mean he downed the one that he had, and number one and the rest of the.
Speaker 3: Rest he hasn't finished.
Speaker 1: I try the number one again, all yeah, give him something from the other cup.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, just pour some in.
Speaker 7: He can't see, yeah, I can't see.
Speaker 3: This guy's blind down bohm. But you think I like number one? It was a little on the sweeter side.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, go ahead, this is number one.
Speaker 4: It's number one again. It's it's hard going.
Speaker 7: Back, it is, Can I try number No, no, this is good.
Speaker 3: This is literally number one for you. Number one. Can I just have the bottle?
Speaker 10: Number one, number two are very close as far as like what I like. Okay, so so yeah, I'll keep that at number one.
Speaker 3: All right, very good. Do you think you want to change the order of any of the others.
Speaker 7: I think I think I'm gonna sit where they let him sit where.
Speaker 9: They are, okay, all right, well then let's keep the blindfold on, all right, and all right, so we'll start number four.
Speaker 3: Let's start with four.
Speaker 1: All right? What was your least favorite is probably the better way to phrase it.
Speaker 3: Stuart's Stuarts. That's two fours for Stuart's. Okay, all right, Number three. You were right on this one.
Speaker 1: Barks barks, Okay, you said, I kick you didn't commit to that.
Speaker 3: That wasn't sure.
Speaker 10: So this comes down now to a w which I believed.
Speaker 3: Oh we didn't ask you for your pre rankings.
Speaker 13: But yeah, my, my, my, my pre rankings was I was thinking that either one of and I wasn't even able to commit commit. Even from the beginning, I thought it's gonna be one of these tours gonna be my favorite, which is it's true.
Speaker 3: One of those two are gonna be my favorite.
Speaker 4: This one you thought was a W.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the one you identify.
Speaker 3: Let's se who's runner up? N w W number one. Mug is my number two. Yeah, Mug is my number two. There you go, well done.
Speaker 4: Now I know for sure that now that maybe had the cameras.
Speaker 3: It's my second favorite. I got to go.
Speaker 1: You know what, this show is a real trust in each other because the opportunity.
Speaker 3: To mess you put your hat back on too. Okay, you have a.
Speaker 1: Cup of coffee, I look up, take a big sip of this one.
Speaker 3: Just drink it. All right, So here we go. What are your pre ranks?
Speaker 10: Yeah, what are your what are your thoughts? Right from the beginning pre ranking?
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna have Barks at number one. That's a favorite rup year of mine. And then so we got Barks, I think it will go Mug and W and I'm just assuming Stewart's at the end. Okay, maybe I shouldn't do that because that's insulting the area.
Speaker 3: But well, your tastes are your taste. You can't do anything about that. You are you can't your taste? So is gonna give them the first one to try. Yeah, what are the nose? What's the nose you're getting? I think you started me with Stewarts, so my nose is.
Speaker 7: Telling me, okay, all right, you're snows.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You know I was expecting more flavor and it wasn't there. I'm actually thinking this might actually be mug.
Speaker 3: Harry go finishing it, defeating it. I'm gonna I.
Speaker 1: Know, I could just put this at number one, but I'm already gonna put this at number four.
Speaker 4: Okay, And you're thinking that's Stewart's I got Okay, that's what I'm here for.
Speaker 3: You're thinking that's Stewarts. Okay, I'm actually you went to mud. Actually we think Stuarts.
Speaker 1: But I first on sniff, I thought it was Stewart's on taste, I felt like it was mug. We'll see what happens for right now. That was number number four. Number two, Here you go, number two, Oh barks getting some nose.
Speaker 4: From the barks, sniff at barking.
Speaker 3: If this is Stuart's, though, that's gonna be hard. How well do you do you know your nose?
Speaker 5: Because I flip flopped on just these first too. I've named all four no I haven't named A and W with that that, what are.
Speaker 3: The flavor notes you get in here?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: What do you like about it? You don't like about it?
Speaker 1: I'm smelling it far more than I'm tasting it, so as soon as you drink it, the taste kind of goes out.
Speaker 5: But you know, it was a really strong scent, but a fairly mellow taste.
Speaker 3: I don't think it has a bite. I'm gonna go with this. This one's Stewarts. The other one was mug. Okay, okay, and you're ranking leaning towards Stewarts. I'm gonna put that at three. I'm gonna put that at three.
Speaker 5: I think I enjoyed that more than than the mug, and I'm committing to the mug.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think I enjoyed it more than the first one. All right, what I should say? Here's number three?
Speaker 5: See did some nose on it? Ry A and W squ I believe a mellow taste. Not bad.
Speaker 3: None of them. I shouldn't. None of them are bad.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't say that these are top four for a reason, right, Yeah, the reason being.
Speaker 3: That's what I could find. All right? Where we where we playing? This guy I'm gonna bump number three to number two and put this at number three. Interesting, and which one do you think that was?
Speaker 1: I do think that was a way hoping that I can identify barks or if I was all right?
Speaker 3: Last one one? Man, here's where it really gets down to it. I don't know myself. I don't trust myself. I mean, it's like you're flying blind.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's almost like you're you're blind grief.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, this is something to your your ranking systems.
Speaker 1: Something just it didn't convince me it was barks, which that's what you're expecting it to be.
Speaker 3: This has them an w smell.
Speaker 11: Mmm.
Speaker 3: I think now he's in a conundrum. He's in a conundrum. Her No, that, but he's in a pickle. What's so?
Speaker 5: What's interesting is that you want I want so badly to be right and what I predicted. But I don't think I've named any of these correctly at this point.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna move. Okay, this is interesting. Can wait to see what you do with this.
Speaker 1: I move?
Speaker 5: Did I move anything from the number four spot?
Speaker 3: No? So you've got number three and four right now to number two right? Correct? So I'm gonna move number two to number one. All right, Okay, I'm gonna move number three. Just move three and four up and put this last laste, all right?
Speaker 7: And you don't want to you don't want any secondary tastes or anything you're.
Speaker 3: I think they would all have to be report because I finished them all. I know what you do that if you I'm a big.
Speaker 5: Gulper, and I think these are maybe smaller shots.
Speaker 7: They are pretty small repass.
Speaker 5: But I think I'm gonna stick with my gut, go with how it's ranked, and just find out.
Speaker 3: So can I take the blank?
Speaker 10: You are?
Speaker 3: You are ready, You're ready. We're ready for you to find out exactly what you found it.
Speaker 4: Number four they're away, This is this is Number four is Stewart.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Facts.
Speaker 3: We love these Stuarts. Number three and w so so far my naming has been way. Number two is Barks. I'm a mug man.
Speaker 7: You're a mug guy man.
Speaker 3: Was our number one? Different for all of them?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, it was aw for Chris, Barks for me, mug for you.
Speaker 3: I guess now all I can buy is mug. Wait, and you said that you thought Mark's gonna come out on top. You did you say Barks gonna come on top as well.
Speaker 5: And I thought Mug was going to be the last, right, yeah, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know here.
Speaker 1: They are our favorites, all of our number ones are number ones, and none of us Just I know you're wonderingly us.
Speaker 5: Were paid to promote any of these room views, but if they wanted to.
Speaker 11: We're open, right, it was always open bottom up. Yet, thanks for going on that journey with us, and we hope this was was fun.
Speaker 3: And do you gotta do Rigine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, h