Speaker 1: At Steady Swims. I'm Mix ninety six nine, Persilla here. So I just read that gen z A millennials think relaxing on vacation is a waste of time. That boomers are the ones that like to take vacation time to just sit and do nothing. And as a millennial, I ten ten agree. I don't want to take time off to go sit in a hotel room. I can just go sit at home. If I'm gonna go visit a new place, I want to experience the things that that place has to offer, right Or is that just exhausting because your life is so busy during the day and during the month and the week and at work that you just want to not do anything. I guess it depends on who you are. But this girl, if you're going on vacation with me, get ready, we're gonna have an itinerary.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: It's Mixcity six to nine, Persilla here. Producers said, you would consider yourself a happy.
Speaker 3: Girl, right, yeah, fake it till you make it, like Rihanna said.
Speaker 1: I like that, And I have a list of things that are give you a happier life according to research, and I think we should add our to this list. Oh okay, so on the list of what makes you happier. Things you need to do is don't neglect the basics. Basically, take care of your mental and physical health, eating well, you know, not getting enough sleep, all that kind of thing. That's huge. Actually, level up your social life, it says, to investing your personal relationships and improve hanging out with people.
Speaker 3: That one's tough because it's always hard to make plans. But then once you do make the plans and you're on your drive home, you're like, wow, that really filled my cup.
Speaker 1: You're right, But getting out of the house is that first step. Yeah. Strengthening your existing relationships, like with your friends and family and your loved ones. That's also hard because life be life in maintenance. Yeah, express yourself, like, don't be scared to tell people how you feel or be your authentic self. Don't like minimize yourself because you're worried what people think.
Speaker 3: I think that one comes with age, don't you think. I think you're very comfortable?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely, And then accept an embrace chain, like be okay with things changing and evolving. In fact, be open to it because that's what makes you a better person. Period. Wow, period, Now what would you add to the list of things to make you happy if you could a full fridge. That's the first thing that I thought of food. What about you? Kind Of on the heels of that is gratitude. Yeah, so basically and in the moment, not even in passing. It's like in the moment, just being so grateful, Like it is so cool sid that we get to wake up and talk to the entire state of Arizona and tell them waste to be happy? Like really fun is that? Also? Don't be boring? Just don't be boring. That's another tip for you. Press you'll sell good morning. It's ex. Ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix Forriscilla here and coming up just around seven ten, we're gonna have your tickets to Lego Land in San Diego with Priscilla's Lego Land Pyramid. It'll be a lot of fun. But Produce said, you are prego about to have baby girl. How many weeks away?
Speaker 3: We're about seven weeks away, So how's it going?
Speaker 1: Gives?
Speaker 3: I know, well, maybe I'm sure you can relate to this, and maybe a lot of people listening. I've had quite a few meltdowns.
Speaker 1: I have them without being pregnant. So yes, I can relate in.
Speaker 3: The last couple of weeks that I just cannot explain other than it's the baby.
Speaker 1: Making me crazy. Well, what's your most recent one that happened. It's kind of embarrassing.
Speaker 3: So my husband turned down the water heater because it's been so hot out. It's like, we don't need the water as hot. I don't know if that makes any sense. Maybe someone could explain that to me. Okay, anyway, I go to take a shower. It's like the end of the day. I'm sore, yeah, and I can't get the shower hot. And I'm being so dramatic Priscilla. I'm like shivering. I run out of the shower and I'm like, baby, why is the shower not getting hot?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to say a hot show?
Speaker 3: And so I jumped to the other shower. I says the guests were better.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: So I'm in my slippers, like soaking wet, running to the other shower. My husband's like, are you is it really that cold? So I took the shower, didn't get hot, and then I took myself outside and sat in the sun.
Speaker 1: I was gonna joke like, what did you do? Run outside? Next? Say in your hot car? Almost I did.
Speaker 3: I just had a chill that I couldn't shake.
Speaker 1: And it's just ridiculous. And that's on. You know what I will say, there is something about women in general. We are able to take scolding hot showers more than men are, and it's almost like we need it to function.
Speaker 3: Well, I was like, who's out here taking a lukewarm shower? I just it's not satisfied me, especially now so miserable.
Speaker 1: Well, you know you're not alone. It's fine. It's part of pregnancy or just being a woman in general.
Speaker 3: Oh man, these beautiful Oh good morning.
Speaker 1: It's six s eighty six ' nine Priscilla here. And this guy's going viral on social media said because of what he's asking his guests to do at his wedding. Listen to this guy. It's pretty nuts, all.
Speaker 5: Right, T talk tell me if I'm tripping a nut. So me and my fiance we are getting married, right, And to be a part of our wedding, you had to pay four hundred and fifty dollars for a ticket, and that's for each gift. So we invited friends and family to our wedding. Tell me why everybody that we invited has declined the invitation to tell we already have spun one hundred, maybe.
Speaker 1: Almost close to two hundred thousand dollars on a wedding.
Speaker 5: We have already pre ordered the cake, we already put down a deposit for the venue, We've already got the wedding dress, everything, we paid everything for the wedding, DJ photographer. And what I don't understand is that y'all spend.
Speaker 1: More money, more money.
Speaker 5: On stupid stuff, but you can't come out to support your family and your friends at a wedding. Like, tell me if I'm wrong, Tell it you're wrong because y'all paid for TI tickets, Beyonce tickets, a thousand do of tickets. You'll want to go meet Chris Brown for a thousand something dollars friends and your family.
Speaker 1: You can't pay the ticket, not Chris Brown. You know what. I'm not gonna lie when he said that, though I did kind of get a perspective of, like, he's not wrong in the sense of we do spend a lot of money on like celebrities in Hollywood and people that we don't know. It's almost like why wouldn't we spend money on like a friend's life event, I guess.
Speaker 3: But first of all, why is he spend two hundred thousand dollars on his wedding? To me, it almost sounds like they spend too much and now they're looking to be reimbursed a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm curious, Yeah, I'm curious why he would, but like blow all that money and then charge expecting people to show up, right, that seems risky.
Speaker 3: One and two people are gonna spend a lot of money to get to the wedding travel outfits.
Speaker 1: Let's see what Mike says. Mike in Peoria, what's your perspective on charging people to go to your wedding?
Speaker 4: I think you're asking a lot for people who probably don't want to go to a wedding in the first place. I know I didn't even want to go to my sister's wedding, and if I had to pay any money for that, I definitely would have just stayed home that day.
Speaker 1: What would you do if, like your sister charged you, would you say no, I'm not going.
Speaker 4: Oh I know my parents were guilty, but I think I would come down with a cold that day.
Speaker 1: He's like, I got COVID. That's crazy. I just I can't imagine charging someone. Here's the thing, too, is like, would you charge them that much money? Four hundred and fifty dollars a person? That's steep. I would say for anything, I'd be in lieu of a gift, like, yes, just give me my money. My good morning. It's mixed ninety six ' nine. It is time for what's trending, brought to you by HeLa River Resorts and Casinos and uh sid nothing bigger right now than the mom in Scottsdale that stole thirty five thousand dollars from her kid's middle school. It's so crazy, and then went on the run. Yes, so basically she was a part of the PTO. She was the treasure and a course in charge of all the money. And then it was found out that she had been depositing money into a bank account that she had like secretly had. And then when it was found out, she went on the run. She turned off all of her social media, she turned off her cell phones. She hasn't been found for weeks. Finally she did turn herself in yesterday, but that school in Scottsdale is out thirty five grand I know, and.
Speaker 3: It's for field trips and all sorts of stuff for the kid. Like you're taking the money from the kid, I know.
Speaker 1: And of course, naturally the nosey person in me, I'm like, all right, is she in a relationship? Is she married? What does her spouse think?
Speaker 6: Is she?
Speaker 1: What are her kids think?
Speaker 3: What she used the money on?
Speaker 1: What did she use the money on? So hopefully the school does recoup that money because that was their field trip money, that was their funding for the year, So hopefully they get that figured out. Chuck E Cheese, we love it, well, we love it because we've grown up with it. Have you ever had check e Cheese?
Speaker 3: I have never eaten there. I don't think that I can recall. Also, I don't think my mom would take me to a Chuck e Cheese. Why oh, just because she'd beel like, we're going.
Speaker 1: To McDonald's at the play place. That's good enough for you. Yeah, you know. Check e Cheese is like the for the elite. Yeah, it seems a little fancy. And right now they are offering memberships and they started eight dollars, go to thirty dollars, and it offers different variety of games, discounts on food and drink depending on the tear that you get. But it could be something fun to do with the kids and go because I will be honest that the chuck E Cheese, video games or like the arcade, it's super fun. So you got to check that out. Also, don't forget Travis Kelce and Jason Kelce's beer is out tomorrow. It's called garage Beer. I'm not a beer person, but people that love beer say that it's pretty tasty. Yeah, I get.
Speaker 3: I mean the craft beer is a whole other world. Those are totally different people.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's gonna sell out just because it's Taylor Swiss boyfriend. Like, it's gonna be Swifties that I've never had a year in their life. She's gonna buy a twelve pack and have it sit in their merch closet. Let's they're gonna have man buns a glasses. Good morning, It's Mix ninety six nine Priscilla here and it is time to hook someone up with tickets to Lego Land in San Diego. Good morning, we have rubbing on the phone. How's it going?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Pill, I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: Are you ready to play for these tickets.
Speaker 7: I'm certainly gonna.
Speaker 1: Try my best. Okay, Well, Producer Sid's in. She's gonna be your teammate, and we're gonna play Priscilla's Lego Larm Pyramid. Here's how it works is I'm gonna hold up a sign and it's gonna have a word on it, and Sid's gonna give you clues so you can guess what it says. Okay, okay, all right. So the name the category I'm gonna give it to you is Disney Movies. Okay, yes, are you ready? Yes, let's go. First one's up.
Speaker 3: Okay, she falls down a hole and then there's a rabbit and there's a big spoke alice. Yes, okay, next one, oh, okay. This one is a little animal that comes from outer space and he has this fabulous older there's a little girl and then he has a fabulous older sister.
Speaker 1: Ohana means family.
Speaker 3: It's in Hawaii.
Speaker 1: It's in Hawaii, Luna.
Speaker 3: When you sew something, it's a when you sew something up, it's a All right, we're moving on.
Speaker 8: It's okay, yes, yes, you got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, this one's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she uh, let's see she's a gorgeous girl and she gets taken captive by a dog looking guy.
Speaker 8: Okay, congratulate Morom and you are going to Legoland in San Diego.
Speaker 1: Thank you, guys, thank you. I'm hitting you off, you and sid dream team over. I hope I was help. I think I might have made congratulations take time. Good morning. It's a scinety six nine. Priscilla here. Don't forget your chance to go to the twenty one Pilots show is coming up just around at nine thirty this morning. So yesterday I was supposed to help my husband put an entertainment center together in our new house. But I don't know why I decided it would be a good idea to make myself a little Margo Rita.
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 1: What would be a bad idea? Ye, Listen, last week at work was nuts, so moving was crazy. I needed a little like unwind. Yeah. My problem was I should not have done it before we started building stuff, because I got to hosted and it was just one marguerite. I must have made it really strong, and so I thought the best thing to do was go on Instagram and tell everybody I was living By the way, I'm sitting in bed about to fall asleep. At seven point thirty. I turned to my husband, I go, pus, tell us drunk on the grab. So immediately after that, I go to my husband. I'm like, Babe, I can't help you put this together. And he's like, and I told him, I'm like, I can't. I can't be trusted with power tools right now. And he's like, it's a Phillip screwdriver. I was like, exactly, it's not, and I can't do it a power tool exactly. So word of advice, and do not have a margarita before we put furniture together. It's time for our hot topic. And today we're talking about how to reward kids. Okay, producer sid So, we had Sarah right into the show and she said to us, we were eating dinner last night when my twelve year old son told my husband that he wanted a new pair of Air Jordan's, and my husband immediately shot it down and told him, listen, we're not going to buy you three hundred dollars shoes. But I told my son that if he makes the honor roll during the first semester of the upcoming school year, we will get them for him, and that caused an argument between me and my husband because he doesn't think that we should reward our son that highly for just getting on the honor roll and getting good grades, because that's what he's supposed to do. That's the expectation of a kid in school right now. Her question is should we be able to buy those things for my son? Should he be rewarded for good grades? Sid? What do you think?
Speaker 3: I think, no reward, nothing that big? Okay, tell me why. I That's just how I was raised and so I don't really know any different. But it was very much like you get a's So that's just what's expected. But as myself as a parent, I'm not sure how I'll be.
Speaker 1: I think, what do you think? So for me because I have two kids both like one are graduated high school, the other one in third grade, and I think it's good. It's gives them incentive, it gives them motivation, it helps them work towards something instead of like think about it as adults, like we come to work and we work hard and we're rewarded with a paycheck.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: So because listen, is it just expected of us to come to work and not get anything out of it. I don't think absolutely. So, I think it's okay to reward your kids. Now, the part that I struggle with is do you reward them with that big of an item, fancy sneaker? Yeah, because just because you come to work and do a good job doesn't mean you're gonna get a million dollar salary, right true? Yeah, So I don't know. I'm up in the air about it. I'd love to hear what you have to say. It's Mix ninety six to nine Priscilla here. So we are in the middle of our hot topic and we're asking you should kids get rewarded for having good grades or is that just part of what they're supposed to do. We have Marchhae on the phone. Good morning, Marchhae, good morning, How are you good. What's your perspective on that?
Speaker 2: I feel that if a kid is doing their part, then as parents, it is our job to do ours as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think having incentive keeps kids motivated, right, absolutely, Okay, thank you for that. All right. We have Hailey on the phone. Haley, what's your pa, Hey, what's your perspective on this hot topic?
Speaker 7: The child to not get the sneakers? I think that we need to set expectations in our kids that when they're in school, they need to be getting good grades and they need to be, you know, following the rules in the directions. If we reward our childs for every single thing that they do in you know, just normal expectations, that's setting on realistic, you know, ideas for their future. Maya, I made the mistake with my own kids of rewarding them for every tiny little thing, and now every time we go to the store, they expect it toy. So I don't think the child can get the sneakers. I think we need to set good expectations.
Speaker 1: All right. I love the perspective. Thank you so much for that. Of course, have a great day, you do, all right. If you have an opinion or maybe a specific situation that happened with you and your kiddos about rewarding them for good grades, give us a call. We're in the middle of our hot topic and we're asking should kids get rewarded for good grades or is it just an expectation and they should know that that's their responsibility. So we have Isabel and Phoenix on the phone. What's your perspective on this hot topic?
Speaker 9: So the way that we reward our kiddos when they get honor roll is have their favorite meal, like cook their favorite meal for them, or take them for like a fro yo that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you wouldn't get them like a big you know, two hundred dollars parasitation.
Speaker 9: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I get it. It seems kind of excessive for some good grades. Right, all right, we have Rachel and Chandler on the phone. Rachel and Chandler, what is your perspective on this hot topic. I think it's a.
Speaker 2: Great idea in terms of preparing your child for adulthood and working. Yes, the expectation, I mean your husband's right, the expectation is, yes, good grades and things like that, but honorall is kind of above and beyond. So in teaching them to be lay working adults. At the end of a great year as a working adult, you get a bonus if you've done really, really well.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's kind of what you're What you're showing your kid is that, Yeah, look, if you work hard, you go above and beyond, Yeah, you get a bonus.
Speaker 1: You know what, Rachel, You're so right because the way that I always said in my house is like listen, c'z get degrees and as long as you get to see, I'm happy. But anything above that is going above and beyond. So I like the perspective. Thank you. All right, let's move on to Chris. Chris in Goodyear, what's your opinion on this hot topic.
Speaker 6: Well, I think it's a good idea. I mean, I think it gives them something to work towards. I mean, when our daughter was in school, report card with payday, so she would get paid for a's and b's obviously as were more than b's and nothing for c's or below. But I think it sets the tone for a work ethic and a child and lets them know that they have to earn things if they want things. So when you're working towards the goal, it kind of teaches that mindset early on that you have the work to get things that you want. So I don't think it's a bad idea. Three hundred two. Probably not what I would have done for my kids, but then again, I don't know their financial situation and what's average and what's exceptional.
Speaker 1: To them, but that, yeah, you know what, you're right, Chris, because that's where I get lost. Is like you don't want to give a reward that's way bigger than the work you put in, because then you start to develop like sense of entitlement, like, wait, I did my homework. What do you mean You're not going to buy me a car. It's like, well, you don't necessarily get a car just because you did your assignments, you know, right, yeah.
Speaker 6: Or you know the compromise there would be, well, watch you most some lawns and if you get on the on a roll and come up with half the money, we'll come up with the other half.
Speaker 1: There you go. Yeah, there's always a balance in how to teach your kids good work ethic and reward them without creating an entitled child. Right right, all right, thank you, Chris, appreciate that perspective. All right, if you have one, and maybe you had a situation where you thought you were rewarding your child and you thought it was going to be a good idea but it turned out not so great, give us a call. We would love to hear at six oh two two six zho nine six nine. That's six oh two two six zho nine six ' nine. Good morning, it's six ninety six nine. We're commercial free don't forget your chance to go to the twenty one pilot shows coming up around nine point thirty. So, Producer sid this is an extraordinary, extraordinary moment that I saw about this sportscaster, Malika Andrews.
Speaker 3: She's incredible.
Speaker 1: So she went viral because she was doing a broadcast and she was interviewing someone, and while she was doing the interview, an earthquake happened. And I'm not talking about just any earthquake. I'm talking about a four point six magnitude earthquake. Listen to how she handles it.
Speaker 10: So much fun to see, particularly the crowd sort of getting behind as.
Speaker 1: We have a bit of an earthquake here in Los Angeles.
Speaker 10: So we're just going to make sure that our studio life, everything stays safe. Everything's shaking, you good, milin, everybody good, all right? Thank you so much for bearing with us through that our studio is shaking just a little bit. Tarci, if you're still good in the studio and in the everyone's still good, all right. So this is what I want to show you now, Rebecca, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Just bearing with us here. So Team USA now one sixty one, and then she dips right back into the broadcast so professional.
Speaker 3: I was blown away by how she handled that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I see the window washers come in our building and barely hit the window, and I'm like, ah, what what was that.
Speaker 3: I know, she's just making sure the cameraman's good. She's like all the lights, as if she could.
Speaker 1: Do something if the lights old. What a just what an angel? What a professional boss boss woman in broadcasting. If you want to see the video, it's on our Instagram right now at MIC ninety six nine FM.